PDA

View Full Version : The next Guardian and future of Fishman Island?

Black Mirror
January 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hello everyone,

most of us think that Whitebeard is gonna die after this war and we all know that his existence protects fishman island and probably other places.

If whitebeard dies this will mean that peace on fishman island is going to be vanished. We know that FI is Luffy's next destination and we should expect some villain or probably a lot of them. Luffy is gonna kick their ass and declare FI as his territory but will his word change something? we can expect that he gets a huge bounty and we know that the world knows about his actions and relations - this will make him fearsome. I can also imagine that his next enemy is going to be Flamingo. Flamingo will probably move his business to FI, this will also explain why he abandoned the auction house on SA. If he is the enemy Luffy has to beat up, then we can be sure that Luffy will be the next guardian.

What do you think? Is Luffy the next one or is there another candidate for this job? Ace? jinbei? Blackbeard? another supernova or some unknown pirate?

The other thing I wanted to discuss is what skyisland is gonna be like when SHs arrive there? Are the tenryoubito going to terrorize the island and take the pretiest woman of the world and the population into slavery? Will everything be destroyed there or will there be same situation like on jaya? http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/222/12/

The FI arc will probably be very long since it will be the bridge to NEW WORLD and we can expect a huge enemy like in nearly every arc.

redred
January 23, 2010, 02:13 PM
hmm i kinda like the idea of luffy claiming it as his own lol but i doubt that people would really fear the name of a rookie THAT much as to stay away from it.
luffys name just doesnt hold up like whitebeards does. (maybe if it got out that he is dragons son, that would hold up for sure. but that would ruin the story imo, everyone would be too afraid of luffy. itd just turn luffy into helmepetto and ruin the mood lol)
Maybe Jimbei as its guardian seems more plausible but i doubt that itll be luffy.
the one thing i can agree with is that we'll probly get a huge enemy. Lets see if the new world lives up to the hype :P

chess4
January 23, 2010, 03:35 PM
something is definitely going to happen there. the strawhats have been going there since they left water 7. i think something will happen and the strawhats will have to fight and a new member will join. jinbei will be considered a criminal and i think he will become the sunny pirates leader again, and will have to go to the new world.

the new fishman that will join the crew will probably have to leave the island because whatever happens there, he/she will probably be the catalyst for. i think the WG trying to win support of the world, will issue a treaty to protect FI

modoki
January 25, 2010, 01:00 AM
after the war jimbei would fave to return back to FI and represent and protect his people. Im sure he would love to travel with ace and co after but i think his own race's survival is more important at that moment

Black Mirror
January 25, 2010, 04:48 AM
@modoki that is if he survives the war. since he said he is ready to die for WB it is possible that he dies before him. Besides I am not really sure if he can protect the island from tenryoubito. He is powerful but not powerful enough that tenryo would fear him. Compared to WB he is just another croc who would get beaten by a 30 million Luffy if there ever was a fight.

there must be someone with the same reputation like WB... Luffy might be not be this strong but he never holds back. he declared war to WG so he will be taken seriously if he should declare FI his territory.

Schabrak
January 25, 2010, 11:06 AM
He is powerful but not powerful enough that tenryo would fear him. Compared to WB he is just another croc who would get beaten by a 30 million Luffy if there ever was a fight.
From flashbacks and talks it seems more like he is on Ace level, so ín no way he would be beaten by a <100 mB pirate. When will people stop making Crocodile look like a weakling? That one win for Luffy was caused by a non skill related advantage.[I'm just talking about Alabasta here.]

In case of FI, WBs declaration was mostly aimed to other rough pirates and not the WG, as the tenriyubuto doesn't care about laws anyway. Who's gonna fear Luffy? Jinbei would be much more appropriate, as he is the most known and dangerous fishman known and still living.

Bugzee
January 25, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hmmm good question(s) :thumbs

I can actually see Jinbei taking on the responsiblity of protecting his people, especially if WB does die (which is most certain now imo). Surely, the Mermaid Princess & related associates have to some degree a responsiblity to protect the island and its people???:blink

Right now, I see Jinbei staying put at Fishmen Island after the war is over that is.

Wowzers
January 25, 2010, 11:27 AM
I can kind of see a 3 way alliance getting established between Fishman Island, Amazon Lilly and the Kamabakka Queendom for mutual protection after the WB war. The only problem with that is most of the leaders of those countries will be doing other things.

Ivankov will be back to working for Dragon and the Revolution.
Hancock can't really leave Luffy's side for long or she'll die.
Jinbei's primary objective is to keep Fishman Island safe so he will stay behind... even though he is the one I would most like to see with the SH's.

I kind of envision when Luffy and crew get to Fishman Island we will see the results of the multiple crews of the Supernova's having gone through and ravaged the island. Some of them will still be there and Luffy and the Strawhats will step up and defeat them.

Mr.Popo
January 26, 2010, 06:38 AM
I don't see Luffy declaring FI as his territory. He is not the type for that.
Luffy wants to be free, do what ever he wants. He just doesn't care about FIs safety.
Luffy does not help people out of good will, he is not a saint.
Luffy helps when a serious crime happens in front of his eyes (Shabondy,exploding collar), or when one of his friends is in danger (Vivi...), or when the goals of those who need help and his own goals match (Thriller Bark).

It may be one of that ways when he finally reaches FI, but not at the moment. And even then he would only defeat that enemy and move on without declaring anything.

Next thing is his fame. Saving Ace during a direct confrontation with Sengoku is something, but not common knowledge in the world.

(Btw. there won't be necessarily be a big enemy in FI.)

beastboy
January 26, 2010, 07:37 AM
What if, in order for the people to trust more in the government, the WG starts protecting the fishman, saying they've the same right as humans, but in order to protect them, they would have to give them the pirates who cause misfortune above the sea level, fishman would turn against the pirates, and only a random fishman, caimie, hachi, talking star and Jinbei would protect the straw hats, then Luffy would tell them the story of the slave trade, and scream out and loud:

"It isn't being a pirate, or being of the government, that makes you good or bad, have your own sense of justice, and fight for the likes of the ones that you believe, in... from now on, everyone who trys to do something bad to this wonderfull underwater town, will be in direct war with me, I know I'm not strong enough, nor have a big crew, but I'll do it, cause, even if you did bad things to me, I've lots of fisman nakama, and I know that the ones that were against me, wasn't for bad things (aside from Arlong), so I'll considere you all, my nakama!!!... good bye, next time I come here I will be, the pirate king"

bittman
January 26, 2010, 05:17 PM
I would also go with the government trying to set themselves up as a guardian. Really not that hard:

Step 1) Officially invite Fishman Island's government/heads to the World Government table. Makes it appear like you care about them, or have given them a status equal to humans.

Step 2) Set up a proper blockade between Shabondy and Fishman Island to stop the growing pirate era in its tracks. By proper, I mean a blockade with a force in charge of it (like an admiral, or even Sengoku personally).

Step 3) With blockade in place, concentrate on weeding out the remaining three Yonkous (or is it going to be Sankou when WB kicks the bucket?) and cleaning up the New World.

Step 4) ???

Step 5) Profit (i.e. end of pirate era)

Five step plan, actually very easy to pull off. Will the marines do this? Fuck no, they've proven themselves to be idiots, underplanned and even worse managed than Whitebeard's allies, let alone his crew. They should, but they won't.

Also doesn't help that Step 1 is politics, and Oda really hasn't waded into any sort of political ballpark because it's about as far removed from Luffy as you could get, but still relevant to One Piece.

kkck
January 26, 2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think luffy is strong enough to declare anything as his territory just yet. His crew is not numerous enough and he lacks the strength. I guess he has powerful allies which could make up for those things but that would only expose him to have his allies actually take control. I am fairly sure there are plenty of pirate crews out there far more capable of taking control of WB territory.

miko •
January 27, 2010, 08:19 AM
i think Luffy or Shanks :D