PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 573 Discussion / 574 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Akainu
January 27, 2010, 09:38 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57388) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The chapter is out! Get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/573/).

The Closet Pervert
February 01, 2010, 05:10 AM
There is one universal sign to look out for, when trying to detect fakes: absolute zero progress on plot. Some other mangas may have this kind of things (plot not advancing), but One Piece always progresses things or provides new information.

-> Huh? Aikanu vs Ace suddenly the focus after whitebeard thing? And didn't Luffy & Ace just escape?

Fake fake fake :) Sorry guys.

elitefox
February 01, 2010, 05:13 AM
Damn how does anything not goes through fire, this has to be fake lol.

Fire is purer than magma :D.

Fox666
February 01, 2010, 05:15 AM
Not every chapter has story progress... I think this one is possible, the plot was not predictable (it's not like those "Luffy Haki burst" spoilers).

I liked the "Whitebeard era". Also, I was excepting that things with Ace wouldn't go SO easy. =P

chitgoks
February 01, 2010, 05:19 AM
if that is true, then akainu added haki with it.

deffkryz
February 01, 2010, 05:21 AM
So Ace is about to die even if he was freed? *sucks*

hhv94
February 01, 2010, 05:21 AM
Man I hope we see some early scans. I will take it with a grain of salt until I see otherwise. Although it would stink if Ace gets stabbed that badly by Aikanu.

monkey D luffy
February 01, 2010, 05:24 AM
well if its true this ends the discussion: "is akainu a magma logia?" the answer is: YES! akainu confirmed it himself

doesnt sound fake to me, actually this one sounds right about right, first it is apprentice and aohige who almost never gave us fakes. second it seems that the plot is accurate with last chapter, we didnt see jozu react at all so the fact that he is unconcious is pretty much a fact and that they cant move him also makes sense. i vote its real but we need more details.

PH3000
February 01, 2010, 05:26 AM
There is one universal sign to look out for, when trying to detect fakes: absolute zero progress on plot. Some other mangas may have this kind of things (plot not advancing), but One Piece always progresses things or provides new information.

-> Huh? Aikanu vs Ace suddenly the focus after whitebeard thing? And didn't Luffy & Ace just escape?

Fake fake fake :) Sorry guys.

Well, I'm not sure about this spoiler...
@Pervert: Only cuz of WB saying "i'll die for you" every marine has to focus on him? And when did someone escape?

elitefox
February 01, 2010, 05:29 AM
Yeah well Ace might not be able to block but is affected by it sucks lol

big time..

kurosakixichigo
February 01, 2010, 05:29 AM
Not every chapter has story progress... I think this one is possible, the plot was not predictable (it's not like those "Luffy Haki burst" spoilers).

I liked the "Whitebeard era". Also, I was excepting that things with Ace wouldn't go SO easy. =P

i guess it's true that not all chapter has story progress..such as the ones luffy went through after a major arc like CP9 battles..where all they do is just party it out..but now they are in a middle of a major arc and battle..every chapter now definitely's gonna have progress..

i also have a 50/50 feeling for this since i'd thought that all the pirates are already on board the ship last chapter and whitebeard is the one left standing in front of the marines..so how can luffy and ace be possibly anywhere near him?

Marche
February 01, 2010, 05:34 AM
I think that this spoiler is real, but I hope that this is fake.

Desman
February 01, 2010, 05:44 AM
odd spoiler...
Ace being hit by magma type logia Akainu? Well sort of makes sense since magma is stoll rock and stones can extinuish fire.. not very exciting..

Marines actually sit and wait pirates to get on ship? Not likely it seems, but take note that short spoilers leave alot away from chapter. Ace & WB talk is thing that might happen.

Cant say if this is fake or not now its for me like go out or stay in and then you get between of doorway until you crush and door closes.. waiting more spoilers to get support for this ;D

PH3000
February 01, 2010, 05:47 AM
I think that this spoiler is real, but I hope that this is fake.

so do i :(

btw sometimes i think i am the only one who didn't see a pirate escaping last chapter...

Marche
February 01, 2010, 05:51 AM
so do i :(

btw sometimes i think i am the only one who didn't see a pirate escaping last chapter...But I hope that will be confirmed that the pirates didn't will escape, but I didn't hope in the Ace's Death.

Shisu
February 01, 2010, 05:56 AM
l hope that isn't all. Need some spoiler pics.
Though, at first One Piece spoiler sounds always boring, but in the end it's the opposite. :p

WinningDays
February 01, 2010, 05:56 AM
I really hope this spoiler is fake...
I don't like the title that much, but I guess it sounds plausible after the last chapter's. Akainu did want to stop them from getting away so I can see them fighting, but it'd be so weird to show Ace's vivre card after all this time...
And I didn't know that diamond was so heavy that these powerful pirates can't lift Jozu up...I bet Luffy could just punch him into the sky... And what Ace said to Akainu is kind of strange...

Anyways I don't really know how apprentice usually writes, but the way the spoiler was written sounds fake, of course, I'd feel kind of bad if it turned out to be real after saying all this about it... I don't usually have problems with spoilers no matter what they say, but for whatever reason I just don't like this one...:(

Desman
February 01, 2010, 05:57 AM
But I hope that will be confirmed that the pirates didn't will escape, but I didn't hope in the Ace's Death.

notice that translated spoiler (if its true) said that vivre card ALMOST burned out. so what you think Ace got "babtised" in Impel Down then he has been worrying to death and hasnt yet recovered 100% from battle against BB i think it may be reason why he has so small amount of strength left

The Closet Pervert
February 01, 2010, 06:04 AM
Well, I'm not sure about this spoiler...
@Pervert: Only cuz of WB saying "i'll die for you" every marine has to focus on him? And when did someone escape?

Marines will focus on Whitebeard, because otherwise Whitebeard will kill them all. WB just got into a "I'll take you all with me" -mood so..

Dice
February 01, 2010, 06:07 AM
Actually sounds somewhat plausible and this chapter could really show the differences between logia fruits and could also build up Akainu as a major thread for the SH (more than Kizaru and Aokiji together).

btw.: the "grain of salt" mentioned made me think that we could really need tons of salt here....there is much snow :D

PH3000
February 01, 2010, 06:12 AM
Marines will focus on Whitebeard, because otherwise Whitebeard will kill them all. WB just got into a "I'll take you all with me" -mood so..

Mh that would be a pretty "close" clinch^^ thousands vs one :)
And you think then the marines let everyone get away for giving wb the space to go berserk?

Sachsenhesse
February 01, 2010, 06:25 AM
Now that would be some way epic, an other way lame, i mean Ace losing... again? against smoker it was a draw, Blackbeard bitchslapped him and now Akainu too? He stands not up to his reputation imho.

Epic would be that just minutes after beeing freed he dies. Everything was for nothing.

Shisu
February 01, 2010, 06:31 AM
Now that would be some way epic, an other way lame, i mean Ace losing... again? against smoker it was a draw, Blackbeard bitchslapped him and now Akainu too? He stands not up to his reputation imho.

Epic would be that just minutes after beeing freed he dies. Everything was for nothing.

He's completely exhausted. It's a wonder he's still standing. ;)
If he beats Akainu in his current state, it would be hilarious.

leonoel
February 01, 2010, 06:52 AM
Wooow, and to think that 2 days ago someone told me to stop comparing logias, and here comes Oda and it is exactly what he does.

If it is true, I stay in my point: Ace is an untrained Logia :)

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 06:54 AM
He's completely exhausted. It's a wonder he's still standing. ;)
If he beats Akainu in his current state, it would be hilarious.

Yeah, I thought it was too easy as well, almost like a dream come true, saving Ace and escaping safely. Even if Whitebeard dies and gets left behind, it's still quite the lovely ending. Anyway, not only is Ace exhausted and on the verge of death, but Luffy too. His body should be in critical condition as well, having stressed his body out so badly.

Just a random prediction: Ace gets taken down there by Akainu, due to exhaustion etc. Then Luffy rages, explodes, and goes mad, pushing his body too far, and faints/passes out. Or that might even be the end of Luffy. (As much as I don't wish for anything of the sort)

The Closet Pervert
February 01, 2010, 06:57 AM
Ace exhausted? Hasn't he been resting for a very long time? :) Only thing has been those seastone cuffs, but that's not an issue. I don't count "starvation via jailfood" as a hinderance either.

Ace's not exhausted, I'd say.

Whitebeard 1 vs 1000? Weellll...
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/572-37/13

..I suspect Whitebeard has been holding back, because of Ace and other pirates on the island.

leonoel
February 01, 2010, 07:01 AM
Remember the seastone handcuffs have a really heavy effect in DF users, Luffy in alabasta every time he touched the bars was like tired or something of the sorts, my guess is that having them for an extended period of time may tire him, since his card was extinguishing all the time he was in jail, and he was basically seated with the handcuffs.

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 07:02 AM
Ace exhausted? Hasn't he been resting for a very long time? :) Only thing has been those seastone cuffs, but that's not an issue. I don't count "starvation via jailfood" as a hinderance either.

Ace's not exhausted, I'd say.

Whitebeard 1 vs 1000? Weellll...
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/572-37/13

..I suspect Whitebeard has been holding back, because of Ace and other pirates on the island.

Ace's been tortured in Impel Down, so he's suffering. As you can see from his vivre card, his life's almost gone. I don't think prisoners are fed considerably well in prison either, especially the ones held down at Level 6. In any case, Ace's in a poor condition right now, nor does he have much energy. You could say that he's exhausted really.

Remember the seastone handcuffs have a really heavy effect in DF users, Luffy in alabasta every time he touched the bars was like tired or something of the sorts, my guess is that having them for an extended period of time may tire him, since his card was extinguishing all the time he was in jail, and he was basically seated with the handcuffs.

Yes, that would definitely drain his energy by a lot.

Shisu
February 01, 2010, 07:07 AM
Just a random prediction: Ace gets taken down there by Akainu, due to exhaustion etc. Then Luffy rages, explodes, and goes mad, pushing his body too far, and faints/passes out. Or that might even be the end of Luffy. (As much as I don't wish for anything of the sort)
That would be epic. *_*

Imagine Luffy errupts due to Ace's lifespan. He onehits Akainu with his Haki imbued over 9000 Jet Bazooka and faints too.
They both get instantly rescued by Marco or some other WB guy.
Timeskip ---
Luffy wakes up somewhere several weeks later and doesnt remember a thing until he meets his crew.

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2010, 07:10 AM
I call it fake. Just because I don't like it x)

How the hell was last week focused on WB leaving them and them leaving WB behind and now Akainu appears out of nowhere to kill Ace.

Also, it seems like it's a "fanfic" to close the discussion we've had on the forum about Logias xp

Also I'll only believe it when I see pics :\

Shisu
February 01, 2010, 07:12 AM
Btw. it's war. IMO Luffy has to take down at least one strong guy. And now it's the perfect time to show of what a cornered rat is capable of. :p

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2010, 07:13 AM
Ace's been tortured in Impel Down, so he's suffering. As you can see from his vivre card, his life's almost gone. I don't think prisoners are fed considerably well in prison either, especially the ones held down at Level 6. In any case, Ace's in a poor condition right now, nor does he have much energy. You could say that he's exhausted really.

Yes, that would definitely drain his energy by a lot.

Exactly, I said that like 2 weeks ago. Ace is strong yes, but he has been in ID for like what? 2 weeks? Imagine 2 weeks in that hell.

That would be epic. *_*

Imagine Luffy errupts due to Ace's lifespan. He onehits Akainu with his Haki imbued over 9000 Jet Bazooka and faints too.
Timeskip ---
Luffy wakes up somewhere several weeks later and doesnt remember a thing until he meets his crew.

Well Oda did say that the 10th movie would be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 so a timeskip is predictable.

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 07:15 AM
That would be epic. *_*

Timeskip ---

Ooh yeah, that could work.
But then again if you note what Oda said at the end of the 10th movie, I doubt that would happen. But considering the current events, Luffy might actually die. Ivankov said that his body shouldn't be able to hold out much longer too. Yes a timeskip is predictable, but I don't think he'd waste it for such a short period of time such as a couple of weeks that is haha.

Though here I'm really wondering why Luffy would bother to take out Ace's vivre card to look at especially since he's right in front of him.

DARK
February 01, 2010, 07:20 AM

How the hell was last week focused on WB leaving them and them leaving WB behind and now Akainu appears out of nowhere to kill Ace.

Also, it seems like it's a "fanfic" to close the discussion we've had on the forum about Logias xp

While this spoiler seems plausible, it is still too early to judge whether or not said spoiler is confirmed.
Last week's "spoilers" were released at around the same time yet turned out to be fake in the end.
I'll wait until a better (detailed) spoiler comes out and/or released pics.

frontaLobotomy
February 01, 2010, 07:30 AM
It could be fake, but if it were to happen it wouldn't be suprising either. Akainu, like all the Admirals, have brought their A-Game to this war and no one has really done too well against them so far, even Whitebeard.

PH3000
February 01, 2010, 07:33 AM
Though here I'm really wondering why Luffy would bother to take out Ace's vivre card to look at especially since he's right in front of him.

:) i'm thinking about this the whole time too^^

deffkryz
February 01, 2010, 07:39 AM

That's the spirit! ;)

Well, those five lines are an extreme short summary of what Apprentice thinks to be the top notch to be mentionned. It doesn't mean that WB is beating up Kizaru, Aokiji and Sengoku while Garp is haveing a nap, does it? ;)

Oh, yeah.. I knew I forgot something. :kukuku

Relax. I won't continue - mainly because I'm heavily outnumbered. :eek:

Someone got some fake spoiler pics? ;)

Dice
February 01, 2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I thought it was too easy as well, almost like a dream come true, saving Ace and escaping safely. Even if Whitebeard dies and gets left behind, it's still quite the lovely ending. Anyway, not only is Ace exhausted and on the verge of death, but Luffy too. His body should be in critical condition as well, having stressed his body out so badly.

I always thought that seastone interacts with different devil fruits in a different way. Since Luffy's fruit is always active he loses his strenght but doesn't lose his ability he just can't use it since he hasn't any strenght left. Ace's fruit on the other hand isn't a full time active fruit. He has to activate it. Therefore he only loses the ability to do so but still has his strenght left (at least it doesn't take his complete strenght).

ZelieL
February 01, 2010, 07:42 AM
:) i'm thinking about this the whole time too^^

Noone Said that Luffy took out vivre Card. It says only that Ace's Vivre Card is near its end. It can be showed in a single panel how Vivre card is shortening and showing us Ace Lifespan.

It can be true or Fake we will know when the confirmed Spoiler pics will be out.

◆ T.D.A ◆
February 01, 2010, 07:44 AM
Sengoku better do something good, what a piece of shit he's turned out to be, unable to stop Luffy and Ace escape right under his noes. Seriously Akainu is the best marine so far. Why is it for a main character to look good, the author has to introduce PIS all the time and make hyped characters look like fodder.

ScratchmenApoo
February 01, 2010, 07:46 AM
I like it how it says "almost burned out"... which means Ace didn't die..
Akainu is showing how badass he is yet again..
Not sure about Whitebeard... He should kill himself already ;)

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 07:50 AM
I always thought that seastone interacts with different devil fruits in a different way. Since Luffy's fruit is always active he loses his strenght but doesn't lose his ability he just can't use it since he hasn't any strenght left. Ace's fruit on the other hand isn't a full time active fruit. He has to activate it. Therefore he only loses the ability to do so but still has his strenght left (at least it doesn't take his complete strenght).
Well, it might be different, it might not. But that still doesn't change the fact that Ace's been held in prison, tortured badly, and not fed properly. Under these circumstances, Ace still wouldn't have much strength left would he? :)

Noone Said that Luffy took out vivre Card. It says only that Ace's Vivre Card is near its end. It can be showed in a single panel how Vivre card is shortening and showing us Ace Lifespan.

It can be true or Fake we will know when the confirmed Spoiler pics will be out.
Oh that's true too, I never thought about that. It's just that Luffy keeps Ace's vivre card in his hat, so one might assume that he took it out. Anyway, let's just wait for the spoiler pics to come out!

ZelieL
February 01, 2010, 07:58 AM
I like it how it says "almost burned out"... which means Ace didn't die..
Akainu is showing how badass he is yet again..
Not sure about Whitebeard... He should kill himself already ;)

Oda isn't dumb, He wouldn't kill Ace right when they freed him so it is natural for Ace to be near death but not dead.

Akainu is badass from the very begining and i like it very much. He is just "wow" He shows the true way of Marine Justice.

And for WB, do not try to make him dead already, He has to have his "Shining moments" and Die in very Dramatic Way, IMO it would best for him to show how much of a "Devil" he has inside him.

elitefox
February 01, 2010, 08:04 AM
Wooow, and to think that 2 days ago someone told me to stop comparing logias, and here comes Oda and it is exactly what he does.

If it is true, I stay in my point: Ace is an untrained Logia :)

I still don't think so... he is raped inside ID and cuff with seastone which sucks DF user energy, what do you think if Akainu is in that state. he still hasn't recover yet... well if Oda is kishi though... Ace can use "hatred":facepalm

Dice
February 01, 2010, 08:05 AM
Well, it might be different, it might not. But that still doesn't change the fact that Ace's been held in prison, tortured badly, and not fed properly. Under these circumstances, Ace still wouldn't have much strength left would he? :)

Oh that's true too, I never thought about that. It's just that Luffy keeps Ace's vivre card in his hat, so one might assume that he took it out. Anyway, let's just wait for the spoiler pics to come out!

Well I'm totally aggreing with you that it's reasonable that he hasn't much strenght left but I just wanted to point out that I don't think that it's connected to his seastonehandcuffs^^
Everytime Luffy touched a seastone he really lost all his strenght whereas Ace (anc Crocodile in ID) do not seem that powerless.
But it's definitley true that Ace went through a lot (physically and mentally) and he can not be on his top.

elitefox
February 01, 2010, 08:12 AM
Well I'm totally aggreing with you that it's reasonable that he hasn't much strenght left but I just wanted to point out that I don't think that it's connected to his seastonehandcuffs^^
Everytime Luffy touched a seastone he really lost all his strenght whereas Ace (anc Crocodile in ID) do not seem that powerless.
But it's definitley true that Ace went through a lot (physically and mentally) and he can not be on his top.

he might not show it of course because of his pride but any DF user will get their energy drained by seastone and he has been for weeks and being tangible to be raped by ID.

but there is croc is looking strong, maybe he is not beaten up so a little rest can recover his strength:o

Pix™
February 01, 2010, 08:12 AM
Italian Translation

Soruce: Juin Jutsu Team (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/)
Credit: Idol
Verification: Confirmed

Se volete utilizzare questa traduzione per il vostro sito/forum/blog, LASCIATE IL LINK AL FORUM, non limitatevi a scrivere Fonte: JJT, grazie.

Capitolo 573: Il nome di quest'era, è "BarbaBianca".
I pirati stanno correndo verso la nave.
Nel frattempo Barba Bianca ed Ace c'è una conversazione di incoraggiamento/conforto/consolazione.
Jozu è ancora a terra privo di sensi, cosi, gli altri pirati cercano di trasportarlo invano sulla nave.
Ace dice qualcosa ad Akainu che risponde attaccando un Rufy ormai stanchissimo.
Ace protegge Rufy dall'attacco di Akainu.
Akainu dice ad Ace che anche fra i Rogia, ci sono delle classificazioni in base alla potenza, detto questo attacca Ace.
Il suo pugno penetra attraverso il corpo di Ace.
La vivre card di Ace è quasi del tutto bruciata.
Fine.

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hmm.. Well, if you think about it, they're being held in prison by Kairouseki cuffs for such a long time. Wouldn't they get used to it? They aren't jumping about actively or anything, and you can't expect them to be that weakened to the point where they can't laugh at something, talk or hold a conversation. It's not like they're supposed to be collapsed on the floor barely breathing. They look pretty weakened to me already. Also, it's Luffy! What do you expect? haha. Luffy could still move too, if he wanted to. Take Marco for another example, he too was held by Kairouseki, but he was still moving, telling others to get it off him quickly no?

Odd isn't it?
Aye.

Dice
February 01, 2010, 08:20 AM
he might not show it of course because of his pride but any DF user will get their energy drained by seastone and he has been for weeks and being tangible to be raped by ID.

but there is croc is looking strong, maybe he is not beaten up so a little rest can recover his strength:o

Well the thing is that Luffy wouldn't be able to resist the strenghtsucking effects at least I got the impression when touched the seastonewall in Crocodile's prison and I think it's reasonable that it effects people like Luffy in a different way but as you might know I have absolutley no real proof for these statements.

I just looked on the One Piece Wikia.

The degree of "weakness" induced by the Seastone depends on its density and composition; for example, Seastone handcuffs rob the prisoner of their abilities, but still allow the prisoner to walk around normally.
I don't know if there is an evidence to this statement or not but if it isn't only an assumption than things would be clear.

Edit:

Hmm.. Well, if you think about it, they're being held in prison by Kairouseki cuffs for such a long time. Wouldn't they get used to it? They aren't jumping about actively or anything, and you can't expect them to be that weakened to the point where they can't laugh at something, talk or hold a conversation. It's not like they're supposed to be collapsed on the floor barely breathing. They look pretty weakened to me already. Also, it's Luffy! What do you expect? haha. Luffy could still move too, if he wanted to. Take Marco for another example, he too was held by Kairouseki, but he was still moving, telling others to get it off him quickly no?

Well that are indeed got arguements but as mine are lacking a real proof so are yours right now. We are until now only assuming things and interpreting situations. So far we cannot really say who's right and who isn't ^^

Edit 2: Now that I think about it and don't remember a fruit with the same properties as Luffy's. If I don't forget anything his is quite special.
I could only think of people like Mr.1 but he is "turning on" his fruit (at least that is again my interpretation)

Me2Ecchi
February 01, 2010, 08:34 AM
Edit 2: Now that I think about it and don't remember a fruit with the same properties as Luffy's. If I don't forget anything his is quite special.
I could only think of people like Mr.1 but he is "turning on" his fruit (at least that is again my interpretation)

U have Capone DF. Is always active like luffy's DF

Schabrak
February 01, 2010, 08:36 AM
Is'nt it just that Luffys body is always rubber and effected by the DF, while logia, zoan and special paramecia can be normal humans with normal human bodies at will. Luffy is'nt using his powers to stretch, he just gives names to his stretching attacks. And because sea stone prevents df users from using their powers, Luffy is just not able to move freely?

Dice
February 01, 2010, 08:39 AM
U have Capone DF. Is always active like luffy's DF

Woah you're right. I wonder what happens if he touches seastone (kabooof xD)

[...]And because sea stone prevents df users from using their powers, Luffy is just not able to move freely?

Yeah I was thinking that too.

MAX_COLA_POWER!
February 01, 2010, 08:43 AM
DAMMIT! WE WERE DOING SO WELL THESE LAST FEW CHAPTERS! DAMN YOU SAKAZUKI! CAPS LOCK RULES! lol, just kidding^^;;. Anyway, about these logia ranks, what he said holds some truth. Lava, in a sense, does beat fire, since it contains 2 elements (fire and earth). Just like light technically should beat lightning (for all of you Kizaru vs. Eneru what-if-ers out there). I think for now, the highest ranked Logias are Borsalino, Teach, and Dragon. Spiritual elements have no known weakness, and Teach's body is perfect for the Dark Dark's non-fazing through condition, since he can take abuse and give it back. And Dragon, well, weather, that's like EXTREME GLOBAL WARMING! Anyway, here's hoping what everyone says here comes true next week, and Luffy uses a haki-infused punch to knock Sakazuki's lights out, since he's the only admiral who has not take any physical damage (Rayleigh>Kizaru, Marco>Aokiji) and as karma for what he did in Ohara.

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 08:45 AM
Edit:
Well that are indeed got arguements but as mine are lacking a real proof so are yours right now. We are until now only assuming things and interpreting situations. So far we cannot really say who's right and who isn't ^^
Well of course, though it doesn't hurt to interpret or to give suggestions haha, sometimes the author simply cannot afford explaining every single little thing in detail :P

Is'nt it just that Luffys body is always rubber and effected by the DF, while logia, zoan and special paramecia can be normal humans with normal human bodies at will. Luffy is'nt using his powers to stretch, he just gives names to his stretching attacks. And because sea stone prevents df users from using their powers, Luffy is just not able to move freely?
That might be the case, but IMO, once touched by kairouseki, Luffy'll lose his elasticity, and no longer be a rubber-human. Afterall, Kairouseki disables your DF, and the DF gave Luffy Elasticity. However, it doesn't mean by deactivating your DF power, you're a normal human being. You're still vulnerable to Kairouseki as long as you're still breathing.

Dice
February 01, 2010, 08:53 AM
Well of course, though it doesn't hurt to interpret or to give suggestions haha, sometimes the author simply cannot afford explaining every single little thing in detail :P
Yeah I know about that^^

That might be the case, but IMO, once touched by kairouseki, Luffy'll lose his elasticity, and no longer be a rubber-human. Afterall, Kairouseki disables your DF, and the DF gave Luffy Elasticity. However, it doesn't mean by deactivating your DF power, you're a normal human being. You're still vulnerable to Kairouseki as long as you're still breathing.

You've got to take a look at the arlong arc. Luffy is completley covered with sea water but his head does still stretch.

Seppuku
February 01, 2010, 08:58 AM
You've got to take a look at the arlong arc. Luffy is completley covered with sea water but his head does still stretch.
Oh yeah, that's really arguable. My bad, I guess it's... complicated then! :tem It probably just varies from different DF user to user.

Schabrak
February 01, 2010, 09:04 AM
Where do we see somebody like Luffys losing hus powers? They still got them, they just can't use them freely. I want to remind you of the Arlong Arc, where Luffy was stuck in the pool and his body was stretched by Namis sis and the police man. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/86/05/ ff

EDIT: posting and watching shows are'nt really helpful from posting fast XD

leonoel
February 01, 2010, 09:25 AM
While the last post is true, Luffy technically did not have seastone but the sea itself, so it may be that the stone has a stronger effect or something of the sorts, other way I am sensing plot hole over here.

Desman
February 01, 2010, 09:43 AM
I think that there isnt hole in plot, rather i would say that sea or seastone nullifies DF powers I think it means DF user cant him/herself activate these powers, but they still exist.

So back to spoiler.. any reasons why WB wouldnt stop Akainu? I bet Garp rises after Luffy and Ace is gone and gives hell of a laugh for it :D

johnnyb7
February 01, 2010, 10:26 AM
Sounds like it could be legit to me, I was expecting Blackbeard to show up, still waiting for that.

Goos
February 01, 2010, 10:28 AM
I reckon the spoiler is true.
But Whitebeard's pirates are falling one-by-one.
What is next, Scoobie Doo? I guess now it is finally time in which we are going to see some SuperNova's reaching the battlefield. Anyway, who bet more? :D

dlth
February 01, 2010, 10:34 AM
I can't see the point in freeing ace just to deadly injure him 1 sec after; he is already half dead after ID, we know that from Luffy's vivre card. I hope it's fake

Bertosch
February 01, 2010, 10:38 AM
I guess now it is finally time in which we are going to see some SuperNova's reaching the battlefield. Anyway, who bet more? :D

Why should one of them enter these battle? They have nothing to do with these conflict and by the way they are hardly strong enough to fight the admirals. Kid and Law got some trouble with fighting one of the fake Kumas, X-Drake and Co. got easily beaten up by Kizaru. So it would be kind of useless for them to show up.

If there is some character to show up after all, it has to either a Yonkou or Dragon. I doubt highly that this will happen but for me Dragon got the most reasons for showing up.

I hope this arc will find an ende soon. I'm really sick of Luffy fighting for himself without his crew. I want them to be reunited asap.

TonyTonyChopper
February 01, 2010, 10:39 AM
the spoiler looks real to me,

"even among Logia, there's are ranks of strength" huh, no wonder Akainu can beat Ace. I dont think Supernova will appear, they are not crazy as Luffy

Desman
February 01, 2010, 10:46 AM
t... they are not crazy as Luffy

Who is as crazy as him? :D
I bet that sengoku will try to crush the ship just to stop pirates from escaping. Take note that WB just made whole marineford to collapse with hes latest quake attack. I guess Aokiji could try to freeze the ship. Akainu is such a bastard that I never liked he could be frozen too since it seems that he and Aokiji have some arguments about justice. Kizaru would probly try to kick ship to pieces with light powers.. Marco will protect ship and/or get Jozu on the ship.

BurnSchulz
February 01, 2010, 10:49 AM
As if Ace didnt already know that there are different ranks of Logia fruits...

I mean he fought blackbeard u know?!

LongLiveOnePiece
February 01, 2010, 10:59 AM
only time will tell is its a true spoiler,but i liked it at frist sight..GOda seems to surprise us again with Ace losing to Akainu,although i dont think Ace will die but who knows what happens next ..i m looking forward to see some WB action ..!!

shouryuujo
February 01, 2010, 11:03 AM
ace cannot die because if he does this entire arc is almost a big waste. I think Ace will become the leader of white beard pirates after this.
One thing i am not sure if we know for certain - how much stamina do logia users have and if their abilities uses stamina at all? i mean ace was beat up and tied up and is rejuvenated and throwing big attacks the next.

akumapi
February 01, 2010, 11:07 AM
As if Ace didnt already know that there are different ranks of Logia fruits...

I mean he fought blackbeard u know?!

X2

Come on people do you think that after all of this ace is just going to get beat up? Or rather, WB will "let" the marines kill his crew?
I don't think any SN is going to show up, but I think maybe Dragon, Shanks, BB, ore someone that will have some kind of envolvement will apear...

Gats
February 01, 2010, 11:18 AM
If this spoiler is true, I guess it's time for Luffy to do his first and unique Haki punch to a surprised Aikanu for the battle.

Duzy
February 01, 2010, 11:30 AM
ace cannot die because if he does this entire arc is almost a big waste. I think Ace will become the leader of white beard pirates after this.

Except that they would have to change the name to... I dunno, freckles pirates ? :p

akumapi
February 01, 2010, 11:37 AM
If this spoiler is true, I guess it's time for Luffy to do his first and unique Haki punch to a surprised Aikanu for the battle.

You got a point.
But I don't see luffy doing it, or knowing how to do it.:darn
He doesn't know how to control it, he hasn't mastered yet.
Also, why do most of the users here think that ODA is going to bring some else into the fight? SN? BB?
Don't you that if they (the pirates, SN, Younko, etc) would want to save Ace, would have made their aperence sooner? And BB, how will he escape from ID??? If I remember correctly there weren't any ships in good state.
Some people say that maybe dragon will come and help (me included), but don't you all think this is a great oportunity to go after the WG? All the bad ass marines are fighting WB.
And Shanks, why did he go meet WB? Is it possible that they planned something in advace (Shanks and WB)? Like how to get away or something...
Well, sorry for the bad english and for just make lame assumptions...

chess4
February 01, 2010, 11:59 AM
I can't see the point in freeing ace just to deadly injure him 1 sec after; he is already half dead after ID, we know that from Luffy's vivre card. I hope it's fake

haha love the avatar to funny.

i think this is legit, but ace will not die because if he does then this arc would have been a gigantic waist

Bertosch
February 01, 2010, 11:59 AM
Also, why do most of the users here think that ODA is going to bring some else into the fight? SN? BB?
Don't you that if they (the pirates, SN, Younko, etc) would want to save Ace, would have made their aperence sooner? And BB, how will he escape from ID??? If I remember correctly there weren't any ships in good state.

Well how he will escape I dunno. But if i remember correctly Blackbeard said that the world will be marveling about his actions... So i guess he is up to something big. Maybe swallowing the hole IP with his DF powers :D No that would be too much ;)

akumapi
February 01, 2010, 12:14 PM
Well how he will escape I dunno. But if i remember correctly Blackbeard said that the world will be marveling about his actions... So i guess he is up to something big. Maybe swallowing the hole IP with his DF powers :D No that would be too much ;)

Aren't you aspecting to much of BB?:p
I think that he was talking about something in the like of: I'll be PK! Or something in that order. What would he gain in showing up now?:confused:

gold349
February 01, 2010, 12:28 PM
WB is rear guard, BB or another interfering at this moment isn't called for, the escape, the paddle boat being coated, they will just dive down back to the new world...WB will hold with what he has left, I still see Squardo and crew to stay allowing other new world captains/crew to also get out of there...Ace as well as luffy will be out of action as they have to much damage to contend with its now others job to make the retreat possible...they must have thought one through, no?.

Goos
February 01, 2010, 12:31 PM
Why should one of them enter these battle? They have nothing to do with these conflict and by the way they are hardly strong enough to fight the admirals. Kid and Law got some trouble with fighting one of the fake Kumas, X-Drake and Co. got easily beaten up by Kizaru. So it would be kind of useless for them to show up.

Well, the only person who could give you the answer is Oda. I am just speculating. Though indeed I thought that some time ago I did thought that it was too early for them - supernovas - to appear, but they actually have two reasons:

1st - Make their names over the greatest war that have ever happened, after seeing Luffy making his, at least. Both Kid and Law get sort jealous when they fought together. It was like "I'll end this and show everybody that I'm stronger than you". "No, I'm gonna do that!", "You both, get out the way!", bla, bla, bla. Also, after so long chapters, Oda wouldn't made that introduction of them leaving for nothing. Everybody said that same thing after Shank met Whitebeard. It was like "What was that worth for?". Now we know why it was worth. Anyway, everyone has its beliefs, right?
2nd - They would enter in order to destroy one of the forces, maybe two (Ouka Shichibukai), which oppose to them. I mean, imagine if the pirates won this war, it is one pass in favor for them to conquer the world, Brain! :D

Despite all the speculation, all we can is wait for reliable spoilers. That is the only solution :).

Cheers,

LongLiveOnePiece
February 01, 2010, 12:44 PM
Damn how does anything not goes through fire, this has to be fake lol.

Fire is purer than magma :D.

I agree with you but i think that magma is hoter.?. i m not 100% sure.but who knows:P we will see

ocajavati
February 01, 2010, 12:47 PM
I think the spoiler seems pretty damn convincing.

To me, at the very least.

Black Lagoon
February 01, 2010, 12:51 PM
Feels like we're delaying the conclusion of this.

A fight between Ace and Akainu will go nowhere at this point in the story, I'm pretty confident the Marines have hammered home that they are more powerful than everyone of the young rookies out there (Akainu's Word -_-;).

daisekihan
February 01, 2010, 12:57 PM
I vote fake. This is proved by the following premises:

1) Logia users can allow any attack to simply pass through them, unless the attack is somehow the Logia's natural weak point (like rubber for Enel or water for Crocodile)

2) Magma is not the natural weak point of fire.

3) The only other way to hit a Logia user is to attack with Haki.

4) But if Akainu was only able to land his attack because of Haki, there would be no reason for him to talk of "ranks of strength" among Logias.

5) Therefore the spoiler is fake.

Premise one was proven by Ace and Smoker back in Alabasta, and Ace even spelled it out in the fight against Blackbeard. Indeed, it was probably because the Yami Yami no Mi breaks the first premise by nullifying Devil Fruit powers that Blackbeard plotted for so long to get his hands on it. So, in fine, this spoiler violates the basic laws on the One Piece-everse, and is therefore probably fake.

akumapi
February 01, 2010, 12:57 PM
WB will help in the escape. And the admirals will go after WB.
Taking down the world strongest man and telling that to the world won't be as bad as not killing Ace and letting the other pirates escape.

gold349
February 01, 2010, 01:02 PM
WB will help in the escape. And the admirals will go after WB.
Taking down the world strongest man and telling that to the world won't be as bad as not killing Ace and letting the other pirates escape.

right on, WB can do the opposite of what he did when he entered Marineford, create a Tsunami taking th epaddle ship away from marineford if it doesn't just sink down 'cus of its being coated...destroying/creating havock on the island for marines to concentrate on defense then capture escapees WB on his own can create the escape for his peeps/crew.

LongLiveOnePiece
February 01, 2010, 01:06 PM
well read carefully what i found in a forum near my house :P :
Ace fights Akainu and loses so then luffy goes rampage haki-punch akainu,but come on he is a f#$#%^ing admiral he overkills luffy straight away.
then we have the long awaited time skip and it starts with luffy's revival by Dr Vegapunk who was forced form Dragon himself to revive luffy.then they all crie for a couple of hours and the cunny Emporio Ivankov gives luffy a new DF: quake quake no mi or fire logia as WB and ace already died

something serious now : "even among Logia, there's are ranks of strength" that sounds like akainu i think..but even if it is fake i dont care

dlth
February 01, 2010, 01:12 PM
2nd - They would enter in order to destroy one of the forces, maybe two (Ouka Shichibukai), which oppose to them. I mean, imagine if the pirates won this war, it is one pass in favor for them to conquer the world, Brain! :D

Not really ............ not really at all; none is interested in conquering anything imo.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/09/

They have been shown just because they'll be Luffy's enemy in the next future to get one piece

akumapi
February 01, 2010, 01:18 PM
well read carefully what i found in a forum near my house :P :
Ace fights Akainu and loses so then luffy goes rampage haki-punch akainu,but come on he is a f#$#%^ing admiral he overkills luffy straight away.
then we have the long awaited time skip and it starts with luffy's revival by Dr Vegapunk who was forced form Dragon himself to revive luffy.then they all crie for a couple of hours and the cunny Emporio Ivankov gives luffy a new DF: quake quake no mi or fire logia as WB and ace already died

something serious now : "even among Logia, there's are ranks of strength" that sounds like akainu i think..but even if it is fake i dont care

HUGE FAIL!:D
I think there is a possability that this Arc ends in the next chapter...

Not really ............ not really at all; none is interested in conquering anything imo.

That's what Luffy thinks, the other super nova think diferent.
Like Money, power, or just Kill... Are possible answers from, Kid, Killer or Drake...

Shiro-kun
February 01, 2010, 01:28 PM
Its maybe how the spoiler is written ,but it sounds anti-climatic in a way ..

Foxdie
February 01, 2010, 01:29 PM
Arabic translation for the previous spoiler:

الفصل 573: نحن سنسمي هذا العصر "اللحية البيضاء"
القراصنة يهربون باتجاه سفينة الهروب. في هذه الأثناء ، أحداث عاطفية تحدث بين اللحية البيضاء وآيس.
جوزو الألماسي مغمى عليه ، وهنالك مجموعة من القراصنة يحاولون حمله ، ولكنه لايتحرك
أكاينو يسخر من وايت بيرد وآيس
آيس يحدث أكاينو بأنه قد تجاوز حده ، ولكن أكاينو يحاول الهجوم على خائر القوى لوفي ، ولكن آيس يحميه
أكاينو يقول بانه حتى بين اللوجيا ، فهنالك درجات قوى ، ويضرب بلكمته والتي أثرت على آيس
ورقة الحياة (الفيفر كارد) الخاصة بآيس إحترقت كلها بالكاد
النهاية

luffy_boy
February 01, 2010, 01:58 PM
I vote fake. This is proved by the following premises:

1) Logia users can allow any attack to simply pass through them, unless the attack is somehow the Logia's natural weak point (like rubber for Enel or water for Crocodile)

2) Magma is not the natural weak point of fire.

3) The only other way to hit a Logia user is to attack with Haki.

4) But if Akainu was only able to land his attack because of Haki, there would be no reason for him to talk of "ranks of strength" among Logias.

5) Therefore the spoiler is fake.

Premise one was proven by Ace and Smoker back in Alabasta, and Ace even spelled it out in the fight against Blackbeard. Indeed, it was probably because the Yami Yami no Mi breaks the first premise by nullifying Devil Fruit powers that Blackbeard plotted for so long to get his hands on it. So, in fine, this spoiler violates the basic laws on the One Piece-everse, and is therefore probably fake.

I won`t say this spoler is true or fake but.

1. We can expect of an admiral that he can use haki and so touch Ace.
2. Well you can put it in a different way, fire does not affect magma...
3. See point 1.
4. Well there are different reasons possible for this point.
- He seems arrogant so it could be he sees himself better than any other enemy.
- He could point at his possible advantage as a magma user over a fire user.
- am to lazy to think of other reason, and have to go.
5. No need to say anything about point 5

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 02:14 PM
I'm having a deja vu..
Everyone says "Fake" when they see Aprentice spoilers, but when the scans come out, everyone is like FUCKING WIN..

anyway, I liked what I read... but is to short.. and it doesn't specify's why the hell does the chapter have that name... but just for the title, I cry out load "Epic" (But I just watched TTGL Lagann-hen so the chapter has to be really good to top it!! :3

k-dom
February 01, 2010, 02:14 PM
To me, it looks realistic.
I don't think Ace will die, there is some peoples like Iva who can still cure him.
After the last 2 chapters where the pirates made a decisive step, Oda is changing the balance again in favor of the marine again. Let's see what will be the last trump card of the pirates

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 02:17 PM
And I like those Logia ranks... it might be funny...

Like Magma-Ice-Light>>>Sand-Fire>>>Smoke

And I liked that the balance was changed... it would be boring if the marines just watched..

Anyway this arc is better to read in tankoban, or even all at once, otherwise it seems that it lacks something...

chess4
February 01, 2010, 02:21 PM
hope the spoilers are true, so then jozu will be alrite.

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 02:29 PM
Wait, will I have my beloved Match Ups... its the only thing this arc is lacking, and now the only objective its survival, so its time to stop the Cameo's and start the real action...

akumapi
February 01, 2010, 02:31 PM
hope the spoilers are true, so then jozu will be alrite.

:D

That's right, but the trumph card is WB.
Logia, logia, logia... I hope WB gives them a ass woping.
DF are overrated, also why do you think admirals have to know how to use haki? They may know or not...
Someone said it's too short, i think that too. It may be a summary of the hole chapter...

Shiro-kun
February 01, 2010, 02:37 PM
Im hoping to see more Sengoku,
It seems that his Fleet Admiral seat is on the line right now ...

Vizard5
February 01, 2010, 02:51 PM
so the spoiler is confirmed? or is this a different spoiler?

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 02:53 PM
Confirmed..
Its pretty easy to know its confimed.. a fan fiction wouldn't have the vivre card burning... that is really something Oda would do!

PaLLl
February 01, 2010, 02:59 PM
Im hoping to see more Sengoku,
It seems that his Fleet Admiral seat is on the line right now ...
Not actually...the Captain of WB crew is down already...
Ace wasn't the Big catch...Just a small fry...
But Taking Wb Out...
That's smth..

Logia ranks interesting indeed...
in every story , Elements have their ranks and strength . And usually one Element is much stronger than other . But nether less they seemed to be balanced...
4 main Elements (gods) Fire Water Air Earth
And subclasses...Ice Wind Storm Light Darkness Sand Sound etc...
Ranks...

Yeah and about Magma(Akainu) holes...Well i think he can't have holes technically because he's a Lava ! Lava is quite viscous, with about 100,000 times the viscosity of water (c) WIki.
And if normal bullet or some item , would go through the Elements such as Ice (breaking it) , Sand (piercing it) as Light etc...
In Lava it would just stop , or burn...because of high temperature...
+ about Ace(spoiler) , I think that Lava Somehow is stronger than Fire (in Op) . Lava is 2 elements at a time , Earth and Fire... And plus Akainu is Old geezer...he seem to have many tricks with his DF....

And maybe it's time for Luffy to faint , and wake up later (2 years after).
It would be perfect...to See for Luffy as everyone fall by Marines 1 by 1....He faints because of Fatigue...and he falls in Coma or smth... :)

tobito
February 01, 2010, 03:10 PM
Source: OM
Credits: Apprentice, Aohige
Verification: Pending

573話 この時代の名を白髭と呼ぶ
海賊達は船にむかって逃げる。その中で白髭とエースの感動のやりとり、
ジョズは意識がない、他の海賊達が運ぼうとするが動かない。
赤犬は白髭とエースを挑発するような事を言う。
エース「それは聞きずてならねー」赤犬が弱ったルフィーに攻撃して来る。それをかばうエース。
赤犬「ロギアにも上下があるんじゃー」赤犬の拳がエースを貫く。
エースのビブルカードが燃えつきそうになる。終

Chapter 573: We will name this era, "Whitebeard"
The pirates are running for the ship. Meanwhile, a hearthwarming interaction between Whitebeard and Ace is shown.
Jozu is unconcious and other pirates are trying to carry him, but he won't move.
Akainu taunts WB and Ace.
Ace tells Akainu something in line of you crossed the line, and Akainu attacks the weakened Luffy. Ace protects him.
Akainu says even among Logia, there's are ranks of strength, and his fist penetrates through Ace.
Ace's vivre card is almost burned out. End.

Portuguese translation
Capítulo573: Vamos chamar a nova era de "Whitebeard"
Os piratas estão a fugir para o navio. Entretanto, há uma conversa entre Whitebeard e Ace.
Jozu está inconsciente e os restantes piratas tentam transportá-lo, mas ele não se mexe.
Akainu provoca WB e Ace.
Ace diz ao Akainu que ele passou o risco e Akainu ataca o enfraquecido Luffy. Ace protege-o.
Akainu diz que mesmo dentro dos Logia, há vários níveis de força, e o seu punho atravessa Ace.
O vivre card do Ace está quase completamente queimada. Fim.

Schabrak
February 01, 2010, 03:11 PM
Stop talking about confirmation!... if there isn't a verified tag in the pic thread, it's not.

Every "good" reader knows about the vivre card and so would be abel to create a ff with one being mentioned in it.

Senkgoku wasn't even in the spoiler, how is his postion as fleet admiral in danger? Currently there seems to be not one person able to lead the marines. The three admirals are pretty good and conducting the justice, while Sengoku is being the strategist, as his title indicates. From the start the plan was always about killing Whitebeard an take as much of NW pirates with him as possible.

The war had great match ups, that we will be able to see more of in the anime version. There is just no time, plot and author/chapter wise to lengthen it anymore. Why should Odacchi waste any more pages on fights between support characters, while he is already exceeded his plan to finish the war within a year. I for my part would take anything to finally see my beloved mugiwaras in action again.

bbmarco
February 01, 2010, 03:13 PM
They aren't completely confirmed, as Aohige has said on the AP Forums. The only thing "confirmed" is that things are following the same process as last week in terms of phone model, etc. While it definitely makes it more likely that they're legit, it doesn't make anything 100% yet.

Truefan21
February 01, 2010, 03:21 PM
It seems legit just like the one posted 2 saturdays ago
it makes sence for ace to lose to akainu since he is weakened from BB beating and the abuse he suffered in prison

tako-san
February 01, 2010, 03:26 PM
i just have this super deep feeling that this arc is just gonna keep going...and going...and going...

luffy's vigour hormones seemed to last quite a while the first time, so i doubt that hes gonna pass out any time soon unless he gets totally owned by someone.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/572/10-11/

on the bottom right akainu or sakazuk (whatever you wanna call him) definatly seems ready to pounce. so im 85% sure that this spoiler is real, but hey ya never know.

the intensity of this arc is getting way too intense for me to handle. GAH

Vizard5
February 01, 2010, 03:40 PM
i don't think luffy will survive it if he gets another beating, the only thing he can do now is go get the hell out of there.

Seleno
February 01, 2010, 04:01 PM
So the spoiler tunred out to be true Oo
And I've thought it would be fake...

So, let us all hope the best for Luffy and Ace <<
I just hope Ace (and Luffy also) will survive this war somehow 'cause I would be very disappointed if he would die now.

Perhaps a possible timeskip will come in one of the next chapters so the war-arc gets a sudden end right after the most emotional point.

Moroboshi
February 01, 2010, 04:32 PM
Perhaps a possible timeskip will come in one of the next chapters so the war-arc gets a sudden end right after the most emotional point.

I certainly hope not. That would be anticlimactic. A lot people think that now it is time for a timeskip, or to let someone near the protagonist die so Luffy can grow. But I don't see why!!! If Oda decided to make a timeskip, the story will be very difficult to tie up, first of all, because all the SH are scattered all around. And I don't undestand why Ace should die to Luffy to grow. One of the best thing in One Piece are the crazies and funnies things that Luffy & co do all the time. If we got Luffy gloomy and who search revenge, what kind the manga we'll read? Another Naruto??????:nono

CBlitz
February 01, 2010, 04:34 PM
yeah I don't like idea of emo-Luffy, it doesn't suit Oda's style. I hope Ace doesn't die, he's pretty awesome, and since the WB pirates will probably disband after this, I was thinking that Ace would become a SH. Not to mention a lot of characters will probably follow Luffy after this, but I don't know what's gonna happen to the crew. Maybe there will be a timeskip?

monkey D luffy
February 01, 2010, 04:37 PM
never but never think aohige and apprentice lie! never!

i want to know what more this chapter has to offer besides confiming akainu is a logia.

Saint Markus
February 01, 2010, 04:43 PM
sounds promising. i like the "WB era" added too. can't wait.

BurnSchulz
February 01, 2010, 04:52 PM
The only Difference in the Logia Powers of Ace and Akaino is:

Magma is heavier(!) than Fire.

So Ace cant block it with fire.. mAgma will go through as to Air...

I guess thats the Reason Ace is tryin to Protect luffy in his "Human Form" (Or non logia state... dont know how to call)

Do you understand what i mean?

ENDER3000
February 01, 2010, 04:53 PM
yeah I don't like idea of emo-Luffy, it doesn't suit Oda's style. I hope Ace doesn't die, he's pretty awesome, and since the WB pirates will probably disband after this, I was thinking that Ace would become a SH. Not to mention a lot of characters will probably follow Luffy after this, but I don't know what's gonna happen to the crew. Maybe there will be a timeskip?

I dont think WB will disband. Either Marco or Ace (by vote of the others, not by his own will) will become Captain and go onto the new world, still using the name of WB. WB's final order was to go to the new world w/out him, nothing about disbanding. And I dont like the idea of Ace joining SHs. At first I did, but he belongs w/his own crew. Timeskip seems plausible but I'd still like to see the reunion first.

chess4
February 01, 2010, 04:54 PM
ace will live otherwise this arc is pointless, but they will catch hell trying to get outta there. glad to see they are trying to get jozu outta there.

LongLiveOnePiece
February 01, 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm having a deja vu..
Everyone says "Fake" when they see Aprentice spoilers, but when the scans come out, everyone is like FUCKING WIN..

anyway, I liked what I read... but is to short.. and it doesn't specify's why the hell does the chapter have that name... but just for the title, I cry out load "Epic" (But I just watched TTGL Lagann-hen so the chapter has to be really good to top it!! :3

I had the same question about the title because it rocks :P..but i guess next spoilers will contain alla the requested info :P
P.S. TTGL PAWNS.epic animation script all the way.2nd best short-length anime after Code Geass:P

TwEeD
February 01, 2010, 05:06 PM
I dont think WB will disband. Either Marco or Ace (by vote of the others, not by his own will) will become Captain and go onto the new world, still using the name of WB. WB's final order was to go to the new world w/out him, nothing about disbanding. And I dont like the idea of Ace joining SHs. At first I did, but he belongs w/his own crew. Timeskip seems plausible but I'd still like to see the reunion first.

Or the different divisions will split up (but still be alliied) with their respective commanders as captain.

Schabrak
February 01, 2010, 05:11 PM
The best thing about the spoiler is: deffkryz arguments got crushed! Akainu is a logia user! hahaha XD

Aside from that there is no development in the chapter, as Ace will naturaly will be saved some way in 574 anyway. Let's hope it's more than just whats in the spoiler this week.

bittman
February 01, 2010, 05:14 PM
Unlike the spoilers from the previous weeks, I'm liking this one. It's helping to setup the Akainu v Ace revenge arc I expect sometime much later in One Piece.

Enjoying every little bit of badassery Akainu does here. If more enemies were this badass, I might actually care whether they lived or died. Crocodile, for example, set a tone of badass, but now has fallen into useless-ass.

Interesting they're having trouble with Jozu, wonder exactly what Oda plans for him. An arm is not something that just glues back on with willpower or bandages.

Dice
February 01, 2010, 05:16 PM
Do not underestimate bandages encouraged with willpower :D

LoS
February 01, 2010, 05:18 PM
why are people attaching Confirmed to the spoilers? Not saying they are not correct, but there is nothing absolutely definitive about them.

Schabrak
February 01, 2010, 05:21 PM
Interesting they're having trouble with Jozu, wonder exactly what Oda plans for him. An arm is not something that just glues back on with willpower or bandages.
I hope he gets some kind of replacement, 'cause if not, gravity will f**k him up bad. He is a heavy hitter and losing an arm is the worst that could have happened to him. We still don't know if he's still in ice and if he can reattach the arm or not.

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2010, 05:22 PM
Ok so 2 things got confirmed.

1st the spoiler (well doh xD)
2nd Akainu is a Logia. Well does sure seem like it by his speech.

But did he pierce Ace's flame body or his normal body? If so either he's using Haki or some sort of Kairouseki.

I dunno, what's WB and the rest doing ?

gold349
February 01, 2010, 05:23 PM
Akainu talking about levels in logia...I thought that to be common knowledge...lets say Cobi is fire logia and Ace fire logia the difference in strengths/power Coby fire wouldn't stand up to Ace fire also its not as if logia's can't be hit/attacked anyway...why Akainu speech/comments not sure?.

DARK
February 01, 2010, 05:28 PM
Akainu talking about levels in logia...I thought that to be common knowledge...lets say Cobi is fire logia and Ace fire logia the difference in strengths/power Coby fire wouldn't stand up to Ace fire also its not as if logia's can't be hit/attacked anyway...why Akainu speech/comments not sure?.

The difference in Ace and Akainu's logia abilities makes sense. Ace is just an ordinary fire logia while Akainu can manipulate magma/lava. Also, let's not forget that he's an Admiral. In other words, he's supposed to be stronger than the majority of the characters fighting him.

luffi_2009
February 01, 2010, 05:54 PM
Akainu says even among Logia, there's are ranks of strength.

that means Akainu has logia.

obamamania
February 01, 2010, 06:27 PM
Akainu?! A logia?! It's almost as if an entire pointless debate has finally been ended. Now that we don't have to pull straws to prove that he is or isn't one, can we finally just admit that whether he was or wasn't a logia, magma is one hell of a power. He has the power to cover himself in magma anyway, whether he's a logia or not that's a more dangerous ability than Magellan's.

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 06:30 PM
Well this is probably some awkward way of saying what Akainu said, in the scan it will be clear..

Well, why isn't njt posting spoilers?? Is spoilers were 10 times better than aprentice's but now, we only have this mini spoiler, until the pics, or raw...

Well but Mangastream raw provider left, so say good bye to wednesday chapter!

Edit:They have a new Raw Provider, lets hope is as quick as the last one!

jeffrey91
February 01, 2010, 06:32 PM
After this was war Garps time is over.
And we haven't seen him fight yet, so my guess is: Garp's going down together with WB. And Ace'll be saved.

hhv94
February 01, 2010, 06:33 PM
Damn, looks like this spoilers legit. Such an anti climax! Sucks if the chapter ends this way!

daisekihan
February 01, 2010, 06:33 PM
Well, it would appear I was incorrect. There better be a good explanation, i.e. Akainu using Haki, though as I said, this would make his talk of Logia power levels out of place. I really can't think of any way that magma could make Ace solid again. I'll think about it a bit more, see if I can come with something.

chess4
February 01, 2010, 06:38 PM
i guess its safe to say carue is on the cover

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 06:42 PM
Don't think about it, wait for the chapter first... If the chapter doesn't clears it out, then you waste your brain, xD!!

Well but for me, it's more that Ace turned into human, cause unlike with Aokiji and Smoker, Magma would pass through fire, and hit Luffy, so he just shield Luffy with is bere body.... lets wait for the pics..

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2010, 06:45 PM

Wrong cause there can be only one Mero Mero no Mi user @ the same time. So that is not possible.

What he meant is that Logias have different power levels. For example, smoker is no match to Ace, actually smoke is no match to anyone xD

So for example, Ace vs Crocodile, I reckon Ace would win because once sand hits a high temperature it becomes glass and it can crack right?

The difference in Ace and Akainu's logia abilities makes sense. Ace is just an ordinary fire logia while Akainu can manipulate magma/lava. Also, let's not forget that he's an Admiral. In other words, he's supposed to be stronger than the majority of the characters fighting him.

True.

i guess its safe to say carue is on the cover
Probably next week we have a color spread.
[hr]

Don't think about it, wait for the chapter first... If the chapter doesn't clears it out, then you waste your brain, xD!!

Well but for me, it's more that Ace turned into human, cause unlike with Aokiji and Smoker, Magma would pass through fire, and hit Luffy, so he just shield Luffy with is bere body.... lets wait for the pics..

Probably, but still ace would die if he had a freaking magma rock trough his body xD

and if it pierced ace it would probably still hit Luffy. So imo it hit Ace and didn't go trough him because he endured it.

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 06:55 PM
Well... Ace's life is vanishing.. so Ace IS dying...
Now I just hope no one plays chyio and trolls us bad..

But Ace won't die, he will manage to survive, after all he is the son of the pirate king...

Well I'm hoping for WB to giga drill break everything with is nuginata (I know its not a drill, but its just for the badassery.)
But Ace almoast dying is for some reason foreshadowing HAKI BURST..

timzzzzz
February 01, 2010, 07:06 PM
based on previous one piece issues,i predict jozu will be healed with the all powerful bandages, as will ace, and luffy, and whitebeard, and roger.....

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 07:13 PM
Nope.. this time it will be with 4 weeks of sleep (4x7=28x5=140 meals lost), a great banquet after that, and of corse, BANDAGES!!

ENDER3000
February 01, 2010, 07:14 PM
i would've thought the logia arguement ended here:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/566/03/

._.; seeing as how none of them moved when chunks ice were coming at them XD

how could one argue akainu was paramecia??

beastboy
February 01, 2010, 07:22 PM
Aparently he melted it with is magma :/ (does it make sense??) hahaha

Well... hope there are pics tomorrow..
bye

Teach
February 01, 2010, 07:53 PM
There's no logia ranks.

Akainu simply meant that even if you eat a logia fruit, you ain't gonna be on his lvl.

Akainu destroyed him with superior speed/strength/haki/etc.

elitefox
February 01, 2010, 07:53 PM
Magma > Fire > Ice?

:o :o :o

haha, how bout gomu gomu :D

Luffy has still half the way to go before he can par with them.

Admirals >>>>> VC except some ofcourse(Garp)

TwEeD
February 01, 2010, 08:06 PM
But Ace almoast dying is for some reason foreshadowing HAKI BURST..

I think so too, Luffy getting enraged and pulling a Haki fueled attack on Aikanu and the surprise he hit a Logia will mayb finally make him aware of his Haki ability and spark his interest to look further into it.

I think that after the battle he will collapse and Hancock will bring him back to Amazon Lily where they will teach him how to have some basic level of control over Haki. Someone else could be heading to Shabody to inform Rayleigh of where Luffy is so the crew can assemble and wait for him at ease (With some serious hilarious WTF moment when they learn about the Pirate Empress, whose a Shichibukai, having taken care of Luffy ... I just can so see Sanji & Nami's reaction on it hehe)

c0nflikt
February 01, 2010, 08:44 PM
Akainu is definately the magma logia look how magma comes from his head, thats a logia trait. I think luffy might haki hit akainu. We shall see.

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2010, 08:46 PM
WOW now I would love that!

Luffy, and the rest of them lot, being taken care on Amazon Lily then the Sunny appears on Amazon Lily and they are about to attack the Sunny when Luffy goes all: ZOMFG IT's SUNNY-GO!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't attack!

And then comes all the crew running to Luffy and Luffy to them and Hancock faints because Luffy's going to leave her xD and Sanji faints because his captain was with in the arms of a beautiful woman and he was on that Okama Paradise xD and Chopper Ussopp, Franky and Brooke cry tears of joy and they dance and there's a fucking party :D

Damn now I'm even more excited.

I can already imagine the faces of the crew when they learn that Luffy was treated by one of the shichibukai :D

I can tell you that I was shocked when I first read that Luffy would have a Shichibukai as an ally x)
[hr]
EDIT: Actually Luffy would just go Gomu Gomu no Rocket to Sunny-go and hit Zoro, Sanji, Franky, Ussopp, Brooke and chopper while Nami was crying and Robin was smiling and Rayleigh, Shaki would be laughing and crying @ the same time then they go back to amazon lily, introduce themselves and have a fucking Party!

this has been foreshadowed when Margaret told Luffy that Boa would probably make an exception for his Nakama :D

Duzy
February 01, 2010, 09:19 PM
based on previous one piece issues,i predict jozu will be healed with the all powerful bandages, as will ace, and luffy, and whitebeard, and roger.....

Limbs can be sewn back on even in our world. You just need a fridge for transportation.. Oh wait seems we've got that covered. :amuse

sarutobi_sensei
February 01, 2010, 09:24 PM
I wonder if Iva-chan can make limbs or portions of the body regrow xD

I would be like:oh:blink:o

mr.danly
February 01, 2010, 09:48 PM
I'm peeing my pants waiting for this chapter to come out. And we get the very interesting information that there are different levels of logias.... hm... Magma is hotter than just fire, I suppose, which makes sense, when you think about it.

Bonfire01
February 01, 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm peeing my pants waiting for this chapter to come out. And we get the very interesting information that there are different levels of logias.... hm... Magma is hotter than just fire, I suppose, which makes sense, when you think about it.

By "levels" he might not mean that one logia is inherantly better than another. He might mean there are different levels of logia USERS. So just having a logia power won't make you equal to someone who has had that power for some times and trained themselves with it.

Also explains how Ice man was unhurt by WB's haki attack...

RichardMNixon
February 01, 2010, 10:20 PM
Limbs can be sewn back on even in our world. You just need a fridge for transportation.. Oh wait seems we've got that covered. :amuse

Errrrr.... do you mind citing a medical journal for that? I've heard of fingers being sewn on but arms?...

Maybe it could work in the One Piece world though, I imagine Whitebeard has some pretty good doctors under his flag. Or yeah, maybe the Miracle Worker could do something.

With Ace and Akainu, magma isn't actually hotter than most flames. It's certainly more dangerous to your body but that's because of its better thermal conduction. Alternatively, magma is of course more dense than fire (it seems Ace's fire does have momentum, maybe just combusting air somehow), so it stands to reason he could put more force into it and plow through Ace. It's a little harder to accept though if he's somehow allowed to actually hurt Ace in a way that doesn't reciprocate.

elitefox
February 01, 2010, 11:15 PM
I wonder if Aokiji can hurt Akainu or vice versa.

Waiting for a whole spoiler or a chapter to know what is really going on lol.

tunjee01
February 01, 2010, 11:39 PM
I believe the best way for the WB pirates can escape is to have foxy use his noro noro beam on the admirals. I believe Aokiji is the strongest admiral cus in the foxy arc the marines were like he was the strongest.

leonoel
February 01, 2010, 11:43 PM
Magma is actually not hotter than fire, a pure flame using the air as combustible can burn up to 1900 degrees (any other comb and can go higher than 2000) and magma higher temperature is 1600 degrees, so it is just that Akainu is stronger than Ace and better trained :)

rancious
February 02, 2010, 12:15 AM
I was about to say the same, fire is way hotter than magma, with the right combustibles (such as oxyhydrogen) it can reach above 2000 °C, thus causing a phase transition on magma and rendering akainu's attacks useless.

s4suke uchiha
February 02, 2010, 12:15 AM
Source: Hitsuke (http://hitsuke.blogspot.com/)
Credit:Apprentice
Verification: Confirmed

Episode 573: Kami akan namakan era ini, "Shiroige"
Para bajak untuk menjalankan kapal. Sementara itu, pembicaraan antara Ace dan Shiroige yang menyentuh hati ditampilkan.
Jozu tidak sadarkan diri dan para bajak laut mencoba untuk membawanya, tapi dia tidak bisa bergerak.
Akainu menghina Shiroige dan Ace.
Akainu mengatakan kepada Ace "Ini sudah keterlaluan / terlewat batas" dan menyerang Luffy yang sudah melemah. Ace melindungi dia.
Akainu mengatakan "bahkan di antara Logia, ada jajaran kekuatan, dan tinjunya berhasil menembus Ace."
Kartu Vivre Ace hampir terbakar habis.

selesai.

Poneglyph420
February 02, 2010, 01:00 AM
I really wanna see this chapter for now seems like Ace was overpowered, and overdriven by his desire to protect Luffy. I'm sure WB will step up and do something amazing. If not I'm gonna be disappointed..

jiminy
February 02, 2010, 01:24 AM
WB needs to pay Akainu back for the punch that he gave him. I think this is the perfect opportunity for WB to do so. Revenge for harming Ace and his lil bro.

Cant wait to see what else the chapter has to reveal. Since the title is called we will name this era Whitebeard, I think it will show his past (obviously through flashbacks) and how he got to where he was. Maybe he will end it by splitting the island in half.

Bugzee
February 02, 2010, 02:01 AM
WB needs to pay Akainu back for the punch that he gave him. I think this is the perfect opportunity for WB to do so. Revenge for harming Ace and his lil bro.

Cant wait to see what else the chapter has to reveal. Since the title is called we will name this era Whitebeard, I think it will show his past (obviously through flashbacks) and how he got to where he was. Maybe he will end it by splitting the island in half.

LOL! :XD That would actually be awesome to see :nuts

I'm hoping Akainu gets owned by WB as well. :shakefist Can someone please give us all a quick translation of the new spoilers pleeeeease :D

leonoel
February 02, 2010, 02:13 AM
I am so wanting this chapter to be true, mainly because it proves 2 points:

There are ranks among Logias, and the Admirals have the ultimate training, or whatever, while the likes of Croc, Ace and Enel are untrained, making it possible for the admirals to defeat the likes of them.

Ace still has a long way to walk to gain the level of the admirals and their power. And the hype due to his comeback was unfounded since he was not that much of a game changer to begin with.

I am still wondering what can Aokiji do to Ace if it is true though.
[hr]
573話 時代の名は白髭 (Name of the Era WhiteBeard)

エース「オヤジィ!なんでだよ!?まだ新世界の全てを見終わってねぇ!こんな別れ方…ねぇよ…」
Ace:Old Man, Why? You have not seen all of the new world, This separation....

涙ぐむエースそして回想
There is a reflection of a crying Ace
[hr]
白髭「エースおめぇ解放されて良かった!もう時代は変わる…!お前らで新時代を築け」
WB: Ace, it is good you were released, The Era has finished, you people will build the new Era
[hr]
赤犬「何を言っとるんじゃ。新時代だの何なのくだらない。この海で海賊が時代を語るんじゃないわい!」
Akainu: What are you saying. The new Era is kind of worthless (??) In this sea, pirates wont talk about it.

赤犬「麦わら…こんな体にもなって兄を救いたかったか?」
Akainu: Mugiwara, with this body you wont save your Brother

RichardMNixon
February 02, 2010, 02:15 AM
I was about to say the same, fire is way hotter than magma, with the right combustibles (such as oxyhydrogen) it can reach above 2000 °C, thus causing a phase transition on magma and rendering akainu's attacks useless.

Fire is hotter, yeah, but magma is much denser. If Akainu is punching through Ace like it says, that makes sense. Heat doesn't change a mass's momentum by any appreciable degree; that blast of molten rock is going to go straight through a wave of flames.

YamFrie
February 02, 2010, 02:25 AM
LOL! :XD That would actually be awesome to see :nuts

I'm hoping Akainu gets owned by WB as well. :shakefist Can someone please give us all a quick translation of the new spoilers pleeeeease :D

G:o:oGLE

I am so wanting this chapter to be true, mainly because it proves 2 points:

There are ranks among Logias, and the Admirals have the ultimate training, or whatever, while the likes of Croc, Ace and Enel are untrained, making it possible for the admirals to defeat the likes of them.

Ace still has a long way to walk to gain the level of the admirals and their power. And the hype due to his comeback was unfounded since he was not that much of a game changer to begin with.

I am still wondering what can Aokiji do to Ace if it is true though.

溶岩の拳がルフィめがけて一直線
A punch of Lava goes to Luffy

エース火拳をぶつけ軌道を反らす
Ace Hiken bends the trajectory

赤犬「ロギア同士だからとて渡り合えると思っとるか」
Akainu: Do you think that there are conflict among Logias

エース「…!?」
Ace ???
赤犬「流星火山!」
Akainu: Volcan Meteor
エース「炎帝!!」
Ace: Flame Blaze

大きな爆発。
Ther is a big explosion
赤犬も無傷ではないが吹き飛んだのはエース。終
Akainu is not unhurt (not so sure) and Ace is blown off. End

If that rank stuff is truth, then I don't get it. Does that mean haki isn't the only way to suppress logia? I mean if Akainu can harm weaker logia then why not anyone who has mastered paramecia or zoan?!

Thx for the translation.

facade
February 02, 2010, 02:31 AM
well the supposedly confirmed spoiler in bahasa indonesia does state the first spoiler to be true..that ace gets punched by akainu..funny...is luffy being set up to explode with haki again, or is whitebeard gonna let loose completely?

RichardMNixon
February 02, 2010, 02:32 AM
Like I've been saying, magma has enough momentum to go through just a wall of massless flame. It may be then that Ace had to take a solid hit to deflect the magma away from Luffy.

LoS
February 02, 2010, 02:33 AM
the first half of leonoel's spoiler translation has been confirmed fake, so read at your own interest I guess.

Bugzee
February 02, 2010, 02:34 AM
G:o:oGLE

Google is sh*t for the translations.

Thanks leonoel for translations, it's much appreciated! :thumbs < edit: :mad they're FAKE damn it!

Wow, this is yet another epic chapter! WB wasn't even seriously fighting until now :jawdrop......:whoo haha Doflam sweating....WB truly is a legend..:cool:

Hopefully, we'll get some pics uploaded soon :nuts

EDIT: OH CRAP!!!!!! :( NOOOOOOOO LOOOOL Thanks LoS!

LoS
February 02, 2010, 02:43 AM
haha no problem, but I do wish that spoiler were true, hence why it is fake. It is a complete fangasm fanfic

BlindMunkey
February 02, 2010, 03:16 AM

ok im not quite sure but.. this fight where its taking place.. its on redline?

if yah i think there is possibility that WB would do enuff dmg to the point where if pirated wants to go to new world they wouldnt have to go underneath the MHQ.

Dr. Vegapunk
February 02, 2010, 03:22 AM
Im not really gonna take all of this in until tuesday or early wednesday, hopefully some truthful feedback.

rancious
February 02, 2010, 03:44 AM
that blast of molten rock is going to go straight through a wave of flames.

Indeed it`s gonna go through, what I meant is if they were to battle, Akainu wouldn't have an overall advantage of any kind as stated before (someone said he would put away aces fire with his rocks).

Gol.D.Roger
February 02, 2010, 04:02 AM
New Spoiler seems strange to me because Oda took the time to show that Ace could stop an Admiral, just last week. He stopped Aokiji, that whole sequence was clearly to show that Ace is in their league. What was the point of showing that if there is ranking among logias and Akainu can own Ace? Does this mean Akainu can pwn Aokiji as well? Akainu being above Aokiji doesn't make sense either given that Oda definitely was setting the 3 admirals up to be equals...

I'm going to have to wait for the pictures on this one... waiting for verfication.

deffkryz
February 02, 2010, 04:09 AM
What was the point of showing that if there is ranking among logias and Akainu can own Ace?

There has already been stated that there are ranks of logia: Blackbeard said his Yami Yami no Mi was a different level than "all the other logias". So it's not very surprising that Akainu might be able to say that as well since he was always shown as smart guy that knows about risks and dangers and how to use his own powers to succeed.

If there's someone in Marineford that is able to stop WB, Ace and Luffy and prevent the pirates' escape Akainu will be one of the top tier candidates to do so.

beastboy
February 02, 2010, 04:35 AM
Go Akainu

As for the pirates escaping, for me thats impossible, but "DO THE IMPOSSIBLE AND KICK THE REASON TO THE CURB"
xD
I'm really hoping, WB makes a "I AM WHHHIIIITTEEE BEEAAARRDD" and crushes Marine Ford..

LoS
February 02, 2010, 04:40 AM
Marine Ford is already nearly in shambles, that last attack of Whitebeard's started to crumble Marine Ford from the center outward...

Black Lagoon
February 02, 2010, 04:50 AM
If this quote is true "WB: Ok, lets begin, You (marines) and I, this will be the place in which we will die."

I guess a big shot in the marines will die (Sengoku ... hmm ... he's too young to die :p)

mmmiitr
February 02, 2010, 05:15 AM
i think its time that ace uses haki...
when luffy used the haki ace was shoked and said u too..
which only means he(ace) can use it himself...
haki is complicated business ,hancock herself said she has't mastered it yet
...i think oda will only show us use of haki as step by step luffy will use it in future afterall he is the main protagonist and it will make sense that there r some surprises left as he kick some big shot's ass

Bertosch
February 02, 2010, 05:58 AM
i think its time that ace uses haki...
when luffy used the haki ace was shoked and said u too..
...i think oda will only show us use of haki as step by step luffy will use it in future afterall he is the main protagonist and it will make sense that there r some surprises left as he kick some big shot's ass

Maybe Luffy creates a new technique on which level he is able to use his haki like Naruto with the rasengan bye using the power of the kyuubi!

deffkryz
February 02, 2010, 06:04 AM

Actually... That "Omae mo..." meant nothing but "You..." AFAIK

Again a failure of the scan since they added a "too"?) :blink Well it somehow has to be since most of the scans containing that misleading "too" also lack of the info that Shanks and Whitebeard have the Haoushoku... :darn

No, that's a wrong translation as well. She said that Luffy didn't master the haoushoku she also has.

Maybe Luffy creates a new technique on which level he is able to use his haki like Naruto with the rasengan bye using the power of the kyuubi!

Please: This ain't Naruto! At all! And Naruto never used the Kyuubi's chakra for a rasengan (but in a filler like movie)

Szaman
February 02, 2010, 06:23 AM
Errrrr.... do you mind citing a medical journal for that? I've heard of fingers being sewn on but arms?...

Why would he need to do that? There was enough of it in the news - I personally saw at least two separate cases of such an operation being announced. Since that time there were even full face transplantation (one of them made by a polish surgeon and her team working in the US, the patient was from France (?) I think).
And please... Need we even go into such details like Dr. Hockback, the legendary doctor? Or Vegapunk? Hello? Cyborgs? Lazors? Implanting DFs into inanimate objects???? Zombies?! And you demand a hard proof of a possibility of a hand transplant?

sarutobi_sensei
February 02, 2010, 06:29 AM
Now that one makes more sense, ace is sent flying and not almost dead x)

DoFlamingo is sweating :D

I wonder if Boa has already began to fall back.

akainu is really getting on my nerves (not the mod ok?) he and Kizaru are really lacking a punch in the middle of the face or one tenryuubito style.
[hr]
EDIT: just read that the translation is fake. I now hate the guy. Can you please die?

msg
February 02, 2010, 06:37 AM
See told ya you guys gonna get early spoilers from Apparentice.Apparently last week spoiler there are 2 or 3 spoilers that looks the same like the one apparentice posted.They just pick a wrong one whilst the "real" one is being ignored.I'm sure someone in 2ch will do that, to post a "fake" ones..sigh.Anyways, like some of you guys said take this spoiler from Apprentice with a grain of salt.I believe this one is from Apprentice and a "true" one.

...and gooo Akainu!!! lol

chitgoks
February 02, 2010, 06:55 AM
Indeed i wish this so much :o

after the tenyuurbito incident im sure majority of the readers want akainu and kizaru blasted by anybody

DARK
February 02, 2010, 07:21 AM
New Spoiler seems strange to me because Oda took the time to show that Ace could stop an Admiral, just last week. He stopped Aokiji, that whole sequence was clearly to show that Ace is in their league. What was the point of showing that if there is ranking among logias and Akainu can own Ace? Does this mean Akainu can pwn Aokiji as well? Akainu being above Aokiji doesn't make sense either given that Oda definitely was setting the 3 admirals up to be equals...

I'm going to have to wait for the pictures on this one... waiting for verfication.

Considering how Whitebeard and Marco have been shown to contend with (or in WB's case nearly defeat) Admirals, it's a bit surprising that Ace isn't on their league.
Perhaps it's a matter as to which powers are matched up rather than the people using them? Fire can melt ice, but fire cannot do much against molten (hotter) rock.

Duzy
February 02, 2010, 07:27 AM

Again a failure of the scan since they added a "too"?) :blink Well it somehow has to be since most of the scans containing that misleading "too" also lack of the info that Shanks and Whitebeard have the Haoushoku... :darn

No, that's a wrong translation as well. She said that Luffy didn't master the haoushoku she also has.

I knew about the Whitebeard and Shanks part-screw-up but I never knew about the rest of it and as a haki fanboy that's a major deviation from the canon for me :darn Do you know any scanlation group or translator with a decent grasp of Japanese who does OP ?

As for the severed limbs: 2 first google results after searching for "sewing back" and "limbs"

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,896306,00.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309&dat=19860101&id=uLMTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MJwDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6266,289116

elitefox
February 02, 2010, 07:44 AM
Akainu will do his best to prevent them as he laid his word on the marines... it will be a shame to him if he is just gonna sit there alright :D

I don't like Akainu(Again not the mod:D) but some struggle/problem will be good for the pirates :D

ScratchmenApoo
February 02, 2010, 07:50 AM
There has already been stated that there are ranks of logia: Blackbeard said his Yami Yami no Mi was a different level than "all the other logias".

This could have been said so that only Blackbeard's logia is different and the rest are the same.
Also, a big part against Aokiji is the fact that both Ace and Akainu are fire/magma which against ice is better. Although logias cancel each other out anyway (not sure though, it hasn't been explained fully by Vegapunk or others), I don't see how Akainu could damage Ace without a massive influence of Haki.

deffkryz
February 02, 2010, 08:14 AM
Do you know any scanlation group or translator with a decent grasp of Japanese who does OP ?

No, I don't (sorry) since there isn't that does translations perfectly, since Japanese isn't a trivial language to translate. But don't get confused - I'm not a pro either, since it takes me weeks or even months to get behind those errors, and I'm only checking them if there's something that feels wron (or someone else already said that there was something wrong. ;P)

Please don't take these random thoughts for rant: There's been only speed scanlating recently that brings the chapters even before the Shonen Jump is published and where only typesetting errors are fixed. Four or five groups, each one with own IRC and/or Forum. So... even if you had a great and perfect fan translation the sunday the WSJ comes out - you'd be up against those groups and many many readers of their scans. And running to every single groups saying "You've made an error here and there..." might end up in either being titled as troll or being asked to do it better...

I don't see how Akainu could damage Ace without a massive influence of Haki.

Actually, I don't either. (And I'm a little tired of explaining how and why things are possible or not. ;))

frontaLobotomy
February 02, 2010, 08:32 AM
A new script? This one looks a lot like the first one, only with some dialogue. It's plausible that advanced Logia users could still hurt rookies, which Ace still is in my eyes. This is Akainu we're talking about, he's the badass Admiral. Going by the current script, if Akainu has taunted Luffy, he's going to get a smack in the mouth in return. That or Whitebeard will go sick on him, and the rest of Marineford. Maybe even both.

LongLiveOnePiece
February 02, 2010, 09:28 AM
the new spoiler does seem like fanmade i think,because everything goes as expected :P and suddenly Josu is free?well maybe its a fast summary with a lot of stuff missing but doesnt sound valid to me at least..

Moroboshi
February 02, 2010, 09:47 AM
the new spoiler does seem like fanmade i think,because everything goes as expected :P and suddenly Josu is free?

Yes, I agree. The last spoiler seems the most likely fake. Josu free, the captains who don't obey WB, than again the same sparring (Marco vd Kizaru) and one thing we can forget is the cover with Zoro (it should be Carl this time).

Vizard5
February 02, 2010, 09:55 AM
what is the point with posting obvious fake spoilers.. getting me exited over nothing..

ingwe137
February 02, 2010, 10:10 AM
This "mo" means exactly "too". However, there was no indication as for whether Ace was referring to Whitebeard and Shanks or himself.

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/54055/142
Right in the next bubble she clearly says she hasn't yet mastered this haki herself. If she were talking about Luffy in this sentence, she wouldn't use "jibun".

hossice
February 02, 2010, 10:50 AM
and one thing we can forget is the cover with Zoro (it should be Carl this time).

who is carl.......???

i think the current spoiler is fake only because the last cover was vivi and its obviously going back to people they've met.

Duc :D
February 02, 2010, 10:51 AM
Vivi/bibi's duck

I want some "Admiral gettin' kicked action"

ENDER3000
February 02, 2010, 11:19 AM
CNet's translation of that panel

Hancock: He has the same power as me...?! The Sovereign Haki.........?!! What is the meaning of this?!! // Is he not a mere brat after all.........?! This boy......!! // Although... it seems he has no control over it...

As far as I know, his translations are most accurate.

HiAndromon
February 02, 2010, 11:44 AM
I think it would be more like Naruto using 'Sage Mode', maybe Luffy find's a way to use Haki with 'Gear 5', I think that's still a long ways off though.

Also I wonder what's going to happen with Whitebeard?He's not going to take the Marine's down with him because that's what the Strawhat's do.My Guess Is that BlackBeard show's up and Finish's WhiteBeard off, They have to overlook his actions in Impel Down and he get's more fame among the world for killing WhiteBeard; so they may overlook any actions he makes later on in the future that have more serious repercussions then they realize.Anyway this Arc is almost done, Luffy can't fight too much longer before all the Injury's catch up when Ikanov's 'hormone' injection wears off and everyone see's how much Luffy put himself through to save his brother.

ingwe137
February 02, 2010, 12:15 PM
CNet's translation of that panel

... "Although... it seems he has no control over it"...

As far as I know, his translations are most accurate.
Yes they are, and I was a bit too hasty. However, this place remains ambiguous to me, as literally it can be translated in both ways. That "jibun" ("he" in cnet's tl) can mean "I", "myself", "himself" etc. She always refers to herself as "warawa" though, and to Luffy (at that time) as "otoko", "aitsu" etc so perhaps cnet is correct, but still... I'd say now, after rereading those several chapters, that the statement that Hancock has not yet mastered her haki might be true but is definitely not confirmed.

Ero-Sanji
February 02, 2010, 12:31 PM
The last chapter seems to be it!

The Idea of WB coming sounds incredible, why would he go to a war where both sides want him dead, I don't get it? Unless... He somehow gathered all of the prisoners...!

tothx
February 02, 2010, 12:53 PM
I don't see how Akainu could damage Ace without a massive influence of Haki.

Dont need a "massive influence".. Just needs haki, something everyone in the OP world seems to have though in very varying degrees of strength. Haki by itself can hurt logia, but it can allso power up attacks. So the way I understand it anyone that can utilize their haki has the ability to hurt logia but like in amazon lily it can allso be used to fire super-powered arrows and similar.

ENDER3000
February 02, 2010, 01:09 PM
I think it would be more like Naruto using 'Sage Mode', maybe Luffy find's a way to use Haki with 'Gear 5', I think that's still a long ways off though.

Also I wonder what's going to happen with Whitebeard?He's not going to take the Marine's down with him because that's what the Strawhat's do.My Guess Is that BlackBeard show's up and Finish's WhiteBeard off, They have to overlook his actions in Impel Down and he get's more fame among the world for killing WhiteBeard; so they may overlook any actions he makes later on in the future that have more serious repercussions then they realize.Anyway this Arc is almost done, Luffy can't fight too much longer before all the Injury's catch up when Ikanov's 'hormone' injection wears off and everyone see's how much Luffy put himself through to save his brother.

What happened to Gear 4? >_>....

I dont see the marines forgiving him, even if he did come and kill WB. He broke a level 6 prisoner out of ID and got him on his crew and interfered w/the pursuit of the others. At the most, he'll lose his position as shichibukai.

Yes they are, and I was a bit too hasty. However, this place remains ambiguous to me, as literally it can be translated in both ways. That "jibun" ("he" in cnet's tl) can mean "I", "myself", "himself" etc. She always refers to herself as "warawa" though, and to Luffy (at that time) as "otoko", "aitsu" etc so perhaps cnet is correct, but still... I'd say now, after rereading those several chapters, that the statement that Hancock has not yet mastered her haki might be true but is definitely not confirmed.

Thats true...do you remember what the line was in the anime? Usually they're more clear there.

jiminy
February 02, 2010, 02:03 PM
I dont see the marines forgiving him, even if he did come and kill WB. He broke a level 6 prisoner out of ID and got him on his crew and interfered w/the pursuit of the others. At the most, he'll lose his position as shichibukai.

I dont see Blackbeard showing up. Just would add too much to the anti-climax already awaiting to be shown in this chapter.

And about Blackbeard loosing his position as a shichibukai, I dont think he cares much for that. He has bigger plans and only wanted the position for recognition. He wanted to be famous and show that he has a power to be feared.

As for Akainu hitting Ace, Akainu is in tip top shape, so he still must have enough power to defeat anyone on the battlefield. Ace is a logia, who I think would usually be able to stand up against him. But Ace's powers have not matured to Akainu's level, plus he is not in top condition.
But it is good to hear that there are ways to beat other DF types by overpowering them (even if there was a natural affinity against the power ex. Luffy vs Enel). Give more chances for people to beat others, makes things more interesting

akumapi
February 02, 2010, 02:52 PM
I dont see Blackbeard showing up. Just would add too much to the anti-climax already awaiting to be shown in this chapter.

And about Blackbeard loosing his position as a shichibukai, I dont think he cares much for that. He has bigger plans and only wanted the position for recognition. He wanted to be famous and show that he has a power to be feared.

As for Akainu hitting Ace, Akainu is in tip top shape, so he still must have enough power to defeat anyone on the battlefield. Ace is a logia, who I think would usually be able to stand up against him. But Ace's powers have not matured to Akainu's level, plus he is not in top condition.
But it is good to hear that there are ways to beat other DF types by overpowering them (even if there was a natural affinity against the power ex. Luffy vs Enel). Give more chances for people to beat others, makes things more interesting

I agree, BB won't come. Why would he?
Yes, I also think that haki has that purpose. All people have it, but there must be some sort of level's, like the stronger a person is the more haki or more powerfull it is...

Andonan
February 02, 2010, 03:05 PM
I could imagine BB killing another Yonkou while all this is going on. Therefore BB captured Ace leading to the death of WB and also killed another Yonkou during this time hence halfing the strength of the New World in terms of balance of power, hence "rocking the world" just a suggestion.

As for the spoilers I don't really mind which is true. If the Akainu vs Ace one is true it finally shuts up all those idiots who keep on saying "Akainu might not be logia" it's like they're in denial and just being immature about it, but personally i like the new one, the idea of the division heads staying back, i can imagine some dialogue.
WB: "Sons should listen to their father!"
Joz, Marco, Vista: "We're rebellious teenagers"
Luffy: "I'm adopted" :P

beastboy
February 02, 2010, 03:21 PM
To rock the world right now, he would need to destroy 200 WG Islands, AND Maijoa

ScratchmenApoo
February 02, 2010, 03:31 PM
There is no other way of rocking the world than to appear in the current war, he has to come.

Unless miracelously Impel Down was built on an Ancient weapon to cover it up and it's hidden in Level 7 and Blackbeard uses it to destroy an island. If that was the case though, it would be left unnoticed.

So for him to make himself notorious and to do something significant, he needs witnesses, preferrably high admirals.

deffkryz
February 02, 2010, 03:36 PM
If the Akainu vs Ace one is true it finally shuts up all those idiots who keep on saying "Akainu might not be logia" it's like they're in denial and just being immature about it,

Thanks for calling people like me "idiot" though I tried to stay calm... Judging from your "logic" Luffy then has a rubber logia because he bet the cr*p out of Eneru... (edit: I should add here that Luffy is already confirmed to be Paramecia through the data book "One Piece Yellow" iirc)

I'm not saying anymore that there isn't the possibility that he is logia - you guys have a point that he may be. But(!) you take two, three tiny hints on small panels and take a theory for granted that yet to needs be confirmed by Oda since it's him that writes the manga.

ocajavati
February 02, 2010, 03:40 PM
It is not like Oda to just straight up name the chapter the Last Battle.

That and Jozu is still a Popsicle, and Marco is not one to disobey order. Obviously a fake in my opinion. Seem like what a certain someone wants to see instead of legitimate Oda work. :D

deffkryz
February 02, 2010, 03:53 PM
It is not like Oda to just straight up name the chapter the Last Battle.

Well, there have been straight named articles: "Luffy and Whitebeard", for example. What's very wrong with that chapter description is Zoro being on the cover. Unless Oda happen to draw a colorspread with Zoro-only (where are the fangirls?) this is a definitive line that should make one shout "Fake" in Westminster Chimes. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Westminster-chimes.mid) (Sorry but Percival Ulysses (http://scrubs.wikia.com/wiki/Cox) is just such a great character ;))

Unless there's a colorspread (with all Mugiwaras) there should be Carue on the cover.

ScratchmenApoo
February 02, 2010, 03:57 PM
Again, why do you guys assume there has to be some logical order in which Oda draws the characters. At the moment, there are no cover stories, so he can do whatever the hell he thinks is a good idea and fun-looking. Maybe in the past he has drawn in order, but you can't take everything for certain.

PH3000
February 02, 2010, 03:58 PM
There is no other way of rocking the world than to appear in the current war, he has to come.

Unless miracelously Impel Down was built on an Ancient weapon to cover it up and it's hidden in Level 7 and Blackbeard uses it to destroy an island. If that was the case though, it would be left unnoticed.

So for him to make himself notorious and to do something significant, he needs witnesses, preferrably high admirals.

i do not agree. he could(!) bring down even another mighty person, perhaps another yonkou etc... bb shouldn't be so dumb to appear in mf, where many strong pirates hate him, and many ill-tempered marines may have a grudge against him^^ bb may be strong, but he cannot force this mass of strong characters alone with his crew

akumapi
February 02, 2010, 04:28 PM
i do not agree. he could(!) bring down even another mighty person, perhaps another yonkou etc... bb shouldn't be so dumb to appear in mf, where many strong pirates hate him, and many ill-tempered marines may have a grudge against him^^ bb may be strong, but he cannot force this mass of strong characters alone with his crew

X2, he won't go to MF, but why do you think he is going to after a Yonkou?
Why not the WG? Or the celestial Dragons (so called gods on Earth)?
That would also make a big name for him self. Plus if going after a yonkou was easy why would he flee from WB in the first place? Killing WB would just make him Famous... I don't think that he is going to do that, at least not yet.
Ok, BB gets out of ID, what now? If he goes to MF, are gates open?
Can he with his crew beat any of the 2 parts in this war?
Or will he gain anything with this war, besides the obvious?
About the spoiler... it may be a fake, but I can't realy be sure.

PH3000
February 02, 2010, 04:37 PM
X2, he won't go to MF, but why do you think he is going to after a Yonkou?

I placed the > (!) < after "he could" to make sure i'm saying what's possible, not what i think. Sorry i guess it was kinda mistakeable^^

to be honest, i have no idea what he could do, only that he won't show up in mf and that oda will make it quite enjoyable as usual:)

ironmonkey
February 02, 2010, 04:41 PM
So, hun... I checked it out and there is no order in wich Oda draws the characters. But, since every other members of the mugiwara have been drawn, there is only Caru left (plus Zoro have already been drawn). So there is 99.9% chance that the spoiler from 2ch is a fake

k-dom
February 02, 2010, 05:06 PM
Again, why do you guys assume there has to be some logical order in which Oda draws the characters. At the moment, there are no cover stories, so he can do whatever the hell he thinks is a good idea and fun-looking. Maybe in the past he has drawn in order, but you can't take everything for certain.

we assume it, since Oda does the same thing since chapter 120. There is no color spread on next week issue (http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html) so Carue is next cover, that is 99.99% sure

bittman
February 02, 2010, 05:12 PM
Agreed with ironmonkey, based on cover the last spoiler is fake. Should be Caru, the start of a new cover story arc, or a colour spread.

If, by some odd chance, Oda did go around doing the Strawhat's again, Luffy would be the first.

If, by an even odder chance, Oda does a cover story on the Strawhat's again, Zoro would probably be the last.

Would have to say, of all the spoilers, the Ace v Akainu one looks most plausible. As if they would ignore Whitebeard's order as a captain. Would make Zoro the most loyal first mate in the world by comparison, and he's only travelled with Luffy for a few months.

Annnnnd BB ain't turning up. He doesn't need to be here to do something big. Remember, he didn't plan for the war, he actually intended to take Luffy which would not have caused this whole war. What Blackbeard was after was a Shichibukai position.

Why? It's yet to be revealed exactly why he needed that. Obviously not to break in to Impel Down, could have done that any day of the week.

jiminy
February 02, 2010, 06:19 PM
Why? It's yet to be revealed exactly why he needed that. Obviously not to break in to Impel Down, could have done that any day of the week.

I dont think that is the case

Blackbeard took advantage of his status as a Shichibukai to get a Marine ship so that he can travel to Impel Down (since it is located in the calm belt)

Even if he did manage to break into Impel Down without his position as a Shichibukai, the guards would be alerted and he would have been stopped before even entering the place.

Impel Down is a high security area where only the chaos caused by Luffy and the jailbreak crew enabled BB to take advantage of the moment

lionheart555
February 02, 2010, 07:08 PM
I dont think that is the case

Blackbeard took advantage of his status as a Shichibukai to get a Marine ship so that he can travel to Impel Down (since it is located in the calm belt)

Even if he did manage to break into Impel Down without his position as a Shichibukai, the guards would be alerted and he would have been stopped before even entering the place.

Impel Down is a high security area where only the chaos caused by Luffy and the jailbreak crew enabled BB to take advantage of the moment

Assuming that Blackbeard did go in "any day of the week" he would have gotten pwned by Magellan. And without Luffy causing chaos, Shiryuu would not have been released to save him. So if Blackbeard had stupidly gone there, he'd probably be dead. Remember that Shiryuu said that Blackbeard had "severely underestimated Magellan."

bittman
February 02, 2010, 07:10 PM

1) He swallowed the crew of the ship whilst taking it over. If you're saying Blackbeard thought the easiest way to get a marine ship was doing some bounty hunting, getting a Shichibukai title and then finding an excuse to approach a marine base, rather than actually finding a marine ship, the arguement holds no weight.

Stealing a marine ship can be pretty easy, especially for BB + crew.

2) The guards were alerted the moment he walked in, not before. Before he approached, no-one had given off the signal. The very moment he set foot on ID unnannounced, he was an enemy, but approaching it on a quiet marine ship would not have been hard.

3) Ok, he did make a lot out of the chaos Luffy created. However, he's said a few times already that he did not expect this war, thus he would not have expected the chaos. Do you think he got the Shichibukai position, hoping to wait, possibly, decades whilst someone else makes chaos in ID so he can appear there?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I might be totally off with this, but how I see things it just doesn't add up. He spent the better part of probably a month or two trying to get a Shichibukai position (which probably rarely open in the first place) just so he can invade ID (which was rarely in chaos) and lose the title?

If that was his plan...well then again I just saw Sengoku's "marvelous" plan fail after he was hyped up as a great strategist, so maybe I'm just overanalysing Oda's ability to create something half as tactical as a Code Geass character.

Sorry, distracted: but if that was his plan, it was silly and a completely pointless exercise. I don't mind if he took advantage of his status to assist with the plan, but...well you don't become a general in an army just so you can punch the president once before being shot/fired.

akumapi
February 02, 2010, 07:39 PM
Sorry, distracted: but if that was his plan, it was silly and a completely pointless exercise. I don't mind if he took advantage of his status to assist with the plan, but...well you don't become a general in an army just so you can punch the president once before being shot/fired.

I agree, but let me just say this:

1. Only after Luffy owned Croc, there was a seat of a Shichibukai open for him.
2. He has been after Luffy for some time now.

I'm not saying he went to ID after Luffy, but it's strange that he went there when Luffy was making all of that chaos...

sarutobi_sensei
February 02, 2010, 08:14 PM
My 2 cents on that matter.

We know that BB is looking after something, or someone specific. We know that he wanted the Shichibukai title in order to get it.

We know that he didn't knew that Luffy was Ace's brother, so we can assume that he didn't knew that a war would break out if he got Luffy instead of Ace. Actually a war would have happened with WB in it and Dragon in it. The WG might be thanking god that Luffy wasn't caught xD Imagine dealing with WB's crew + Captains + Dragon and the RA + hell I dunno lotsa more characters, and the Government would probably only be counting with the presence of Dragon and the RA xD

anyway enough offtopic, back to my 2 cents.

Where was I?

Oh yeah right, BB didn't know that a war would be breaking out and that someone would be foolish enough to go to ID like he was planing to.

So my guess is that after the commotion of Ace being delivered to the Marines and go for the execution, BB would enter ID without giving them time to prepare a counterattack. If Luffy hadn't caused all that chaos, Magellan would probably be in the bathroom or something.

jamjamstyle
February 02, 2010, 08:27 PM
^ How can you forget Shanks? His entire bet on the next generation lies on Luffy. He'd be the first one to move if Luffy were ever to be executed. Hell, his entire crew became friends with luffy and spend their time for almost a year with him. They'd understand the matter immediatly if Shanks requested them for assistance.

sarutobi_sensei
February 02, 2010, 08:28 PM
^ How can you forget Shanks? His entire bet on the next generation lies on Luffy. He'd be the first one to move.

:o:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

someone please slap me hard with a fucking sledgehammer! NOW!

How the hell did I forget about shanks!???? I don't deserve to live....

Lee-tyme7
February 02, 2010, 08:41 PM
I don't think BB is coming back cus he made a run for to ID already just like he told Luffy he only want him to gain access to shichibukai status so he can get close to ID. But it's a coincidence that Luffy just happen to messed up ID before he get there. lol. So in other word he don't need the shichibukai status anymore.

jiminy
February 02, 2010, 08:41 PM
thats an interesting scenario you put forth about if Luffy were to be caught instead of Ace. Luffy has some deep connections.

Just like what Mihawk and some of the characters that he has met through this war, luffy is attracting a lot of people, not just Hancock.

He has the entire marines on his tail now as they have seen what he has done and may be capable of in the future. I expect to see more marine interaction with the strawhats in the future. Hopefully after this war, the rest of the strawhats arent hunted down.

Lee-tyme7
February 02, 2010, 08:51 PM
thats an interesting scenario you put forth about if Luffy were to be caught instead of Ace. Luffy has some deep connections.

Just like what Mihawk and some of the characters that he has met through this war, luffy is attracting a lot of people, not just Hancock.

He has the entire marines on his tail now as they have seen what he has done and may be capable of in the future. I expect to see more marine interaction with the strawhats in the future. Hopefully after this war, the rest of the strawhats arent hunted down.

Say I never thought of that, all the strawhat being hunted down might seem like a good idea but then I thought how long it's gonna take before they all reunit again so maybe have them together once again and have a another Ciper pole agent after them. lol Who knows maybe a really strong bounty hunter they haven't encounter to do battle in the New World.

akumapi
February 02, 2010, 09:15 PM
Nah.. They will go to NW.
aren't you day dreaming?
If Luffy was captured Shanks would lose his bet.
OR... All of the WB pirates (cause of Ace), Dragon an his AR, Shanks and his friends would bring the pain to MF... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Or not...

elitefox
February 02, 2010, 09:47 PM
Nah.. They will go to NW.
aren't you day dreaming?
If Luffy was captured Shanks would lose his bet.
OR... All of the WB pirates (cause of Ace), Dragon an his AR, Shanks and his friends would bring the pain to MF... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Or not...

PAIN?

you might be underestimating the power of three...

They would bring APOCALYPSE to the Marines, no less :tem:tem:tem

chitgoks
February 02, 2010, 10:31 PM
i read some people comments that sengoku failed as a "great strategist". error happens here and there. it doesnt mean that because he's a great strategist , he's perfect. life ain't perfect and this was just one of them that he failed.

ENDER3000
February 02, 2010, 10:45 PM
his plan b4 was genius, but i doubt most people would've believed that WB betrayed his crew and nakama. if it was any other pirate, it would've worked.

Franckie
February 02, 2010, 10:47 PM
I'm 50/50 on Ace dying. I am fully convinced that Ace should die for the sake of the story, but I fear that Oda will chicken out at the last minute. The current spoilers, if true, increase the suspense several times, so I'm hoping Oda continues to deliver.

I don't think BB is coming back cus he made a run for to ID already just like he told Luffy he only want him to gain access to shichibukai status so he can get close to ID. But it's a coincidence that Luffy just happen to messed up ID before he get there. lol. So in other word he don't need the shichibukai status anymore.

Bittman already explained the situation. BB doesn't need the Shichibukai title in order to get to Inpel Down. He needs it for something else, and why he went to ID hasn't been revealed yet. My own personal theory is infiltrating ID is a last-minute decision. BB probably wouldn't have done such a thing had this "war" not occurred. His aim is to break into ID, assemble a supercrew, and bring his newfound crew back with him to Marineford. Since this "war" is far from over, MHQ will be forced to tolerate BB's actions and allow him to get away with his actions that normally wouldn't have been possible if not for his status as a Shichibukai and the dire situation MHQ is in right now.

BB also not showing up doesn't make any sense. This entire "war" is entirely his fault, and his promise of "shaking the world to its foundations" can't come true without his appearance. Also, it'll ruin the finale to Whitebeard's upcoming death.

HiAndromon
February 02, 2010, 11:00 PM
What happened to Gear 4? >_>....
Wasn't Gear 4; Gear 2+Gear 3, it's what he used against Moria?

BB also not showing up doesn't make any sense. This entire "war" is entirely his fault, and his promise of "shaking the world to its foundations" can't come true without his appearance. Also, it'll ruin the finale to Whitebeard's upcoming death.

...wait?That's not entirely true! BlackBeard went to Impel Down when he heard Luffy was causing problems, but what if he never intended to Head to either Impel Down or Marineford?He said he'd "Shake the World to it's foundations", we're all 'assuming' this had to do with either the Marine's vs Whitebeard or Prison island, That's not to say it isn't, but I'm just saying...ugh, 'Where in the world is BlackBeard'?!
For all we know he's recruiting VegaPunk!...That may actually happen eventually.

Franckie
February 02, 2010, 11:40 PM
...wait?That's not entirely true! BlackBeard went to Impel Down when he heard Luffy was causing problems, but what if he never intended to Head to either Impel Down or Marineford?He said he'd "Shake the World to it's foundations", we're all 'assuming' this had to do with either the Marine's vs Whitebeard or Prison island, That's not to say it isn't, but I'm just saying...ugh, 'Where in the world is BlackBeard'?!
For all we know he's recruiting VegaPunk!...That may actually happen eventually.

Within the context of the story, Luffy being at ID is entirely coincidental. BB showing up at ID is also something that isn't implied to be what he originally planned when he told Croc things weren't going as he had originally intended.

"Shaking the world to its foundations" most certainly deals with the current situation. The entire One Piece world is about to undergo radical change. The "Balance of Power" (Yonkou >= MHQ + 7BK) is about to crumble in the WG's favor. With Whitebeard's death, his crew will be no more, and the New World will be thrown into chaos. This event will cause the rivalry between the Sankou Yonkou to become more intense and allow the WG to become more involved in liberating the NW islands under control of the Yonkou. Now with BB being responsible for such an important development, does it really make any sense for him to not show up before this arc's finale?

nalex94
February 02, 2010, 11:43 PM
Maybe BB ment the Tenryuubito? they a the foundation of the world (there desendents) and that would be a huge blow to a MHQ that had to deal with WB and Luffy and the NW Pirates

Franckie
February 02, 2010, 11:45 PM
Maybe BB ment the Tenryuubito? they a the foundation of the world (there desendents) and that would be a huge blow to a MHQ that had to deal with WB and Luffy and the NW Pirates

If BB really wanted to target the Tenryuubito, he'd target the WG's capital instead of the WG's most infamous prison.

The Closet Pervert
February 02, 2010, 11:56 PM
Holy sh*t. Did Aikanu just kill ace? After all this? Now that would be a twist. The whole One Piece fandom would explode.

Am I a bad person for wishing Ace just died..? Can a logia die like that..?

*edit* Oh wait, that thing burning on the ground is Aces what-ever-card-it-was-named, that reflects his life? Well either way, Ace is really close to dying there.

givensp
February 03, 2010, 12:03 AM
so the reason that ace is pierced through the chest was to stop Akainu from attacking luffy

Maedhros
February 03, 2010, 12:05 AM
If he dies there, it would make all of this arc... well, pointless. At least, IMO. Even Whitebeard's death would cause less impact (on us, readers) than this one.

Franckie
February 03, 2010, 12:09 AM
If he dies there, it would make all of this arc... well, pointless. At least, IMO. Even Whitebeard's death would cause less impact (on us, readers) than this one.

If Ace dies, three entire arcs will have served the purpose of giving this manga a final villain. If Ace lives, three entire arcs will have served the purpose of everything going back to the way it was before.

Which sounds more pointless?

msg
February 03, 2010, 12:21 AM
Lists.of.people.that.might.come.to.Marineford

Blackbeard - the most popular of them lot.Nah i don't think he will come.2 main reasons - The whitebeard pirates especially the divison commanders will definitely wants to kill him.Never underestimate them even though they're fodders.The marines - im sure the marines have already know what BB have done in ID so they have a reason to kill/backstab him if he comes...and yes even if he manage to kill WB.

Dragon and the RA - Most probably he's at Tequila's wolf debriefing his commanders and chatting with Robin.If he's there, he won't have time to reach Marineford.I'm sure tequila's wolf is quite far off from MHQ.

Shanks - he's holding off kaidou and at the same time respecting WB wishes to go to MHQ...so no.

The supernovae - Higher chance they will come.Why? simply because Oda show them during the war.Others will argue that this is just to show them that they had survived from the marines and also they have no reason to be there.But i think otherwise.Why didn't Oda shows Dragon,BB,shanks or Rayleigh too?

Rayleigh - Why stay at an island if he's being hunted there.Even if he decided to stay and wait, i'm sure the marines especially Kizaru will hunt him down at SA.Luffy meeting up with him and collecting his ship is very risky.So no.Rayleigh need to go after finishing his coating.So there is a high chance that he would go to Marineford to give back the ship to luffy.

Unknown - It could be Fish creatures, the shandians or something really new and unexpected

just my two cents

ironmonkey
February 03, 2010, 12:29 AM
Well, it's 1/5 of the manga that will be for the sole purpose of killing Ace ... I love it <3 It's the complete obliteration of the old era and it erases the last drop of blood of Gold Roger. Plus, it's the final blow to break the fairytale Luffy was living in

I LOVE IT

SilversDKRayleigh
February 03, 2010, 12:31 AM

Not pointless if he dies. Seeing how Luffy reacted when Ace was about to get killed how do u think he will react seeing him die right in front of him after he finally saved him.

msg
February 03, 2010, 12:38 AM
ooh pictures.Akainu is such a badass.I'll predict someone will butt in to save Ace.

Poneglyph420
February 03, 2010, 01:13 AM
Wow! Holy F@cking Twist!! It does look pretty bad for Ace... Did not see that coming... Oda delivers another twist..(Play sarcastic dramatic music)..

It does make sense that Ace can and will die here..
Maybe the only hope of the "new era" is Luffy....
But I agree this will make Whitebeard's sacrifice diminished somehow...

Then again prob. more twists to come, no doubt....

Xabaras
February 03, 2010, 01:21 AM
I think ACE death will be pointless, the manga went through any sort of cliff hanger and boring little bits, just to have the one person this war was all about... I really hope this is not the case here.
WB definitely will die to save all of his sons (Ace including), Luffy will again show some crazy Haky power and somehow stop the admiral before fled.
Also I don't think we will see any outside help, Oda show the super novas to get ready for the next chapters. just my 2 cent.

SenninSage
February 03, 2010, 01:29 AM
WTF!? I want Akainu to get annihilated by Luffy so bad it isn't even funny!!

Rayleigh or Dragon himself needs to show up and stop this.

Maedhros
February 03, 2010, 01:34 AM
"You're just "fire". But my "Magma" can burn down your fire!!"
Lol, this line is so stupid. "My Magma can burn your fire", lol. Even if it's just to say there are ranks of Logia/Logia's users.

elitefox
February 03, 2010, 01:42 AM
I can't wait to see that Ace absorbs the flame from magma lol...

saying:

"Sorry you're magma is like a fuel to me" lols

Kaizoku-O Luffy
February 03, 2010, 02:01 AM
Just when we thought the war is about to end and WB gonna do his thing. There comes another twist. I would like to know how the heck the vivid card popped out of luffy's hat.

RichardMNixon
February 03, 2010, 02:05 AM
If Ace dies, three entire arcs will have served the purpose of giving this manga a final villain. If Ace lives, three entire arcs will have served the purpose of everything going back to the way it was before.

Which sounds more pointless?

Are you proposing Blackbeard or Akainu? Akainu is going to need a lot more character development if he wants a shot at final villain. He doesn't have the background of Blackbeard or the mystery of Dragon. Honestly I'm unconvinced we'll be seeing him after the war; someone is about to go apeshit on him.

Also I thought it was pretty clear BB was done with being a Schichibukai, whether he needed it to get in the Tarai current or just to get his name out isn't that important. The Tenryuubito are a very interesting idea though; maybe he needed to pick something up in ID and is now on his way to Mariejoa while the admirals are busy?

As much as I'd like to see a Luffy haki burst, he seems more traumatized than angry (there was no haki burst here: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/18/), might even consider it his fault since Ace took the hit for him.

tharkun
February 03, 2010, 02:38 AM
It will be such a shame if Ace dies from that magma punch having suffered so much. Even so, as long as Iva is around, close-to-death experiences e.g. Luffy after being poisoned by Magellan, will be curable. However, if the punch hit Luffy instead of Ace, he will surely be dead. I have started to wonder whether any of the 3 admirals will be defeated one day. Even if Marineford is destroyed and 90% of Marines wiped out, the Marines will remain formidable as long as the admirals are around. I look forward to the day when an admiral will be defeated or even better, killed.

Shiro-kun
February 03, 2010, 02:39 AM
WTF!?

Ace cant die ....after all this crap he cant just die :(

I know realistically even the rescued can be killed during the rescue , but plot related reasons it just fricken wrong

What a Downer if he does die , Whitebeard who plans on dying ...death will be utterly worthless and Luffy's endeavor to save Ace would of been Pointless ..

lxcid
February 03, 2010, 02:41 AM
I'm hoping that a flashback of all his nakama and in the end seeing ACE almost dying. Trigger luffy to the next level and punch Akainu with a haki burst and send him flying and his body burning, and fainted. While saving ACE along the way.

Shiro-kun
February 03, 2010, 02:45 AM
I would hate that Luffy will one shot Akainu ...

Akainu is obviously going to big threat in the future to the Straw Hats, He been a Immoral piece of shit Monster ever since he was introduced

he would be the perfect antagonist in the future , right now him being one shotted seems out of place ..

elitefox
February 03, 2010, 02:57 AM
I think this is a way Oda is giving us a hint that Ace is not capable of ruling the WB since there are more/some people are stronger than him that can lead the WB or the scattered ones.

Thus Ace is not a candidate... and might make his own team like Shanks did.