PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 295 Discussion [Naruto]

Pages : [1] 2

Zenith
February 09, 2006, 09:50 AM
Here is the:

294 RAW/Translation/Scanlation Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1127.0)

Alright, so now that 294 is released and things have been really crazy in the Naruto storyline...you guys know what to do next?

Predict what's gonna happen in the next chapter of course!
Is that black ball gonna destroy Orochimaru? Or can he manage to subdue the kyuubi-fied Naruto?

Hermie
February 09, 2006, 09:56 AM
Yamato has something up his sleeve, for sure.

donkeyhigh
February 09, 2006, 10:14 AM
FoSho fool!
He'll summon A-team no jutsu! B.A. to teh rescue!

Edit: Btw Hermie, gi oss noen bilder av søte kaniner da :D *cuddle*

[ r u s h ]
February 09, 2006, 10:24 AM
i think that naruto will finish his fight w/ orochimaru. i dont think that yamato will try to control naruto yet, or else orochimaru will still have to be dealt w/. naruto will continue charging the *mega flare* (naruto meets final fantasy :amuse) and use it and most likely orochimaru will take some kind of damage and continue w/ the dialouges and flee. after the fight, finally yamato will try to control naruto if hes still in bahamut mode.

hermallorn
February 09, 2006, 10:48 AM
holy s...
Naruto and Oro fighting style are so alike! (8 tail theory...) It good to see some actual fighting from oro now
Naruto starting to create energy ball....why not summon sangoku ?

Predator
February 09, 2006, 11:29 AM
Cool! Naruto has already gotten some catch on Oro jutsus. Did you see how he replicated that chacra cover when he was hit. Way Cool! But for now it seems that Oro has acuired what is even scientificaly called "limited immortality". He can`t be killed in battle. That freek just keeps sheding or reunifing.[br]Posted at: February 09, 2006, 08:19:42 AM_________________________________________________As for nearest future.. Naruto's energy ball or whatever won`t work. At very most he will damage Oro once more.

It struck me that maybe doing damage is exactly what needs to be done. If Oro will keep on rejuvenating, he`ll use up his Chakra eventually. Then he'll be pwned. Kyuubi-Naruto seems to just warm up. The REAL action will begin on next chapter as the ball will be lauched. After all using those hands is an already seen method (see. Valley of End).
I predict at least one more original Kyuubi no Jutsu on the next chapter.

Feri
February 09, 2006, 11:38 AM
naruto is going to fuck orochimaru realy hard

hatakescarecrow
February 09, 2006, 11:41 AM
Oro's the type of guy with a trick up his sleeve. I don't thing something like this could actually kill him and if it does i'll be extremely disapointed.So i predict no death for Oro.

donkeyhigh
February 09, 2006, 01:03 PM
I hope Naruto or Kyubii or whatever can divert the black chakra-ball into four smaller ones, one in each tail. This way he can attack with many multiple faster attacks instead of one big attack that will most likely miss Orochimaru due to his fast movements.

UzumakiRoman
February 09, 2006, 01:07 PM
My Prediction
Naruto takes a page or 2 to flare up his Black Rasengan Wave! he fires but Orochi just dodges it but the destruction will be far worse than 3-tail Naruto soo much so that even Orochi will have to give him the wtf look along with everyone else!!

At this point Yamato has no choice but to use his Mokuton Hijutsu's(Secret Tree Element Techniques)!! First he'll use Mokuton Kuchiyose no jutsu(Tree Element Summoning Technique) and summon some strong tree warriors to fight naruto.Second he'll use Jukai Koutan(Birth of the Trees) to bind Naruto so it will be easier for the tree warriors. Third he'll use an unknown for mation of seals to activate the First's necklace which will resonate to breakup Kyuubi chakra and activate Naruto's chakra(so he won't heak with Kyuubi chakra, Sakura will HAVE to heal him).

Orochi will be impressed by all yamato's techniques and want him even more but for now he will retreat.

everyone goes back to village, Sai gets interrogated, Naruto heals in hospital for a day and a half with his own chakra, then half a day with kyuubi chakra.
Then he's gotta hear shit from Tsunade, Jiraiya, Yamato, and Kakashi. they all wait for next clue to Orochimaru!!

hermallorn
February 09, 2006, 01:12 PM
Orochimaru: That could be dangerous. << at least he is not joking about naruto anymore

considering that with a chakra blast from is arm he destroyed the moutain of snake of oro and the forest, the destrcutive power of that black ball should be something near atomic^^

KRNseraphim
February 09, 2006, 02:11 PM
I think (but would seriously hate) that the next episode will probably go back to a flash back of jiraya talking about his experience with 4-tails naruto and we'll probably learn about that rasengan looking thingie (which i think it is, cuz i'm sure its animated so that the 4 tails are spinning it like his kage-bunshins do) and its probably black from his chakra and blood mixed along with the blue chakra that is normal. or it could be more of orochimaru being creepy and breaking in half and coming back together...

Remus
February 09, 2006, 02:31 PM
Naruto will kick his ass ! Naruto will kick his ass ! Naruto will kick his ass ! Naruto will kick his ass ! Naruto will kick his ass !

Yes thats for my prediction. Damn he looks like a monster and he made Oro look like a ferrit on drugs trying to dodge stones thrown at him.
Well from the looks of Oro he is a Snake-addicted freak. I mean they called Naruto monster but what is he ?
Next one is becoming very interesting.

KYUUBI TAKES LEAD !

Kickmeister
February 09, 2006, 02:43 PM
We're probably going to see a new Jutsu by Naruto/Kyuubi ^^ Some advances in the plot would be nice aswell, like a flashback or such..

DeadlySink
February 09, 2006, 03:05 PM
Actually, I can only think of two predictions:

Naruto is going to throw that ball and then, Orochimaru will take it, but surviving with his peculiar jutsus and perhaps being hurt and worried(we'll see great explosions and that stuff). After that, Yamato will begin to do something to stop/control Naruto and he'll begin to explain it to Sakura as Kabuto looks.

Or perhaps Naruto'll cast that "Ultra-powerfull-energy-ChuckNorris-chackra-Ball"(UPECNCB), Trying to hit Orochimaru with it but suddenly Kakashi'll appear and teleport the UPECNCB to Sai's location, because he was hidden doing obscene things(hey, that's why he always talks with Naruto about that stuff).Then, when the ball has already reached Sai, Sasuke'll make his appeareance and, watching Sai in that circunstances, he wouldn't repress himself and, well...you know. Naruto, watching the scene, will evolve to a 8'7 tails Kyuubi and kill them all. At last, we'll see Sakura and Kabuto having a nice talk about medical jutsus and watching the scene.

d3vlabs
February 09, 2006, 04:35 PM
dude. nuts.

jimhawking
February 09, 2006, 04:51 PM
Kabuto will taunt Sakura some more about Sasuke which will start there fight in 296

hermallorn
February 09, 2006, 05:16 PM
maybe that ball IS "that jutsu", I mean for even oro to say it could be dangerous!

both of them are so much alike! that's the power of jinchirukis

kabuto is real freak, he is already up and smiling

donkeyhigh
February 09, 2006, 06:03 PM
My Prediction
Naruto takes a page or 2 to flare up his Black Rasengan Wave! he fires but Orochi just dodges it but the destruction will be far worse than 3-tail Naruto soo much so that even Orochi will have to give him the wtf look along with everyone else!!

At this point Yamato has no choice but to use his Mokuton Hijutsu's(Secret Tree Element Techniques)!! First he'll use Mokuton Kuchiyose no jutsu(Tree Element Summoning Technique) and summon some strong tree warriors to fight naruto.Second he'll use Jukai Koutan(Birth of the Trees) to bind Naruto so it will be easier for the tree warriors. Third he'll use an unknown for mation of seals to activate the First's necklace which will resonate to breakup Kyuubi chakra and activate Naruto's chakra(so he won't heak with Kyuubi chakra, Sakura will HAVE to heal him).

Orochi will be impressed by all yamato's techniques and want him even more but for now he will retreat.

everyone goes back to village, Sai gets interrogated, Naruto heals in hospital for a day and a half with his own chakra, then half a day with kyuubi chakra.
Then he's gotta hear shit from Tsunade, Jiraiya, Yamato, and Kakashi. they all wait for next clue to Orochimaru!!

I hate to say it, but I think you're 100% rightooo.. :/

well.. not that everything's gonna happen in one chapter..

Remus
February 09, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well I dont know what made Oro think he had the advantage all the time but now that he acknowledged that he could get in trouble I wonder wonder how strong he really is.
I mean he always thought there is no problem with Naruto but now that he sees that he has a problem and if he has a problem Sasuke has one too. So expect a BIG ASS VICTORY for Naruto the next time they fight because I dont think Sasuke surpassed Orochimaru. Oro would be stupid to let that happen because he'd be in the same situation as he had with Itachi who already was too strong to be taken over by his Soul Exchange Jutsu.

Galth
February 09, 2006, 07:44 PM
yeah, i expect yamato, kabuto and sakura to go to the other side finally ( lazy bums ) where sakura and kabuto will do nothing but watch in a this-is-out-of-our-league-way while naruto vs orochimaru vs yamato ( in some strange triangle position * no not that one :notrust *) where naruto and orochimaru fight both others and yamato tries to avoid or hurt orochimaru while trying to calm naruto. sai will just stay up there painting his new yaoi painting called "foxy naughty snakes" and eventually get bored and get killed :eyeroll by orochimaru

UzumakiRoman
February 09, 2006, 08:14 PM
BIG ASS VICTORY for Naruto sounds egggcellent!!!!!!!!(twidles fingers like Mr. Burns)

But i just wanna say for anyone watching the current filler arc, showing sasuke and orochimaru is a BIG TEASE!!!!
But i am interested in Anko's background as well as other characters who don't get alot of face time(all the hokages, jounins, etc.).

enzomars
February 09, 2006, 08:53 PM
Naruto is going to throw that ball ....

No No NO !!!! please God no throwing, no more throwing super balls and beam.

think it is a Kyuubi Charkura Beam of sorts.

I hope it's not a stupid beam ( enougth manga with shooting beams ... ) even if it's a chakra beam. :laser
The way it concentrates... it's Rasengan alike, but if it's a Rasengan how is he going to use it?
Extend the 4 tails like extensiman? Yeah i can picture it: 4 whirling tails ,zigzagging extending themselves like Oro and carrying a deadly black Rasengan of Antimatter ,disintegrating everything on his way . :nuts :yelling

Predictions: Kick ass fight.
Eventual blabla Sakura - kabuto

lentharius
February 09, 2006, 09:13 PM
Maybe this chakra ball is exactly what gave Jiraiya that giant scar? If it's not then holy crap. One thing is interesting though, Sai mentioned he is starting his mission, and from his short dialogue from the last chapter it appears that he's trying to approach the fight but he can't get close. Seems his mission does in fact involve either Oro or naruto.

Galth
February 09, 2006, 09:22 PM
yeah, but then again that's kinda obvious isn't it? but if he needed something of naruto ( non-kyuubi ) the roots could have taken it back in konohagakure and if they want something from oro... they didn't know he would be there! ( unless they're allied to the hidden sound ), so my guess is that he waited for naruto to go into 'kyuubi mode' before he acted, and therefor needs something from naruto ( notice he said his mission started WHEN NARUTO ATTACKED OROCHIMARU and thus at the first moment he got him some tails )

EDIT: oops, forgot to use annoying smileys, here's one for the sake of it... :excited!

DeadlySink
February 09, 2006, 10:15 PM
Perhaps Sai needs Naruto in his Kyuubi form to complete his mision(and the Root, knowing Naruto's personality, thought that in all dangerous missions Naruto changes into Kyuubi).
Perhaps The Root is trying to control the Kyuubi somehow, or they're tryng to seal it again or something.
I think that this is the explication of why The Root didn't attack Naruto in Konohagakure.

venicia777
February 09, 2006, 11:02 PM
Perhaps Sai needs Naruto in his Kyuubi form to complete his mision(and the Root, knowing  Naruto's personality, thought that in all dangerous missions Naruto changes into Kyuubi).
Perhaps  The Root is trying to control the Kyuubi somehow, or they're tryng to seal it again or something.
I think that this is the explication of why The Root didn't attack Naruto in Konohagakure.

i doubt it. and i hope not.
i am just glad that at the moment sai and Yamato cant even get close to the two brawlers. But if sai interferes now he will get licked.
if that chakra ball can be controlled to only explode until it hits the target- Oro is in for it. otherwise if it is a regular rasengan he might dodge it and that will anger naruto to do crazier things. more powerful moves i hope. i didnt expect anything as awesome as this- now even predicting is proving difficult. GO NARUTO

DeadlySink
February 10, 2006, 12:47 AM
i doubt it. and i hope not.
i am just glad that at the moment sai and Yamato cant even get close to the two brawlers. But if sai interferes now he will get licked.
if that chakra ball can be controlled to only explode until it hits the target- Oro is in for it. otherwise if it is a regular rasengan he might dodge it and that will anger naruto to do crazier things. more powerful moves i hope. i didnt expect anything as awesome as this- now even predicting is proving difficult. GO NARUTO

Well, it's just a thought, and, as you said, it's difficult to predict now. Don't forget than Yamato and Naruto's pendat have got a role in this battle.

twoeyes
February 10, 2006, 02:20 AM
All ihave to say is naruto looks sick

maggi
February 10, 2006, 02:41 AM
:amuse the most probably that is going to happen is that yamato is  going to be that yamato is going to try to stop naruto
but like kabuto use to work to sasori kabuto is going to fight vs yamato so that naruto can destroy orochimaru.  :them sakura is going to go to naruto and she's going to be terrefy about naruto transformation.then the bettle vs naruto and orochimaru is going to continue. probably that shadow ball is going to do alot of damage to orochimaru. :amuse :eyeroll

GrapeSoda
February 10, 2006, 02:57 AM
Oro will deal with the ball thingy and then some dialoge will happen where Oro will proceed topiss naruto off more and he will go 5-tail. But he wont be able to sustain it and Yamato will use his power to bring him down from it. And at this time Oro and Kabuto makes their retreat saying something about sasuke still being better. In the next chapters it will be sakura healing naruto(or helping to heal, the kyuubi will do most of it) and Sai's mission will be reavealed.

rubist_sapper
February 10, 2006, 03:19 AM
hrmm... i bet that naruto is gonna eat up that black ball or sumthing n rejuvenate or get hecka stronger.... maybe what orochimaru meant by "that could be dangerous" was "it could be dangerous for naruto to do that"

dedi2s
February 10, 2006, 03:34 AM
The ball being too close with Naruto's mouth, he eats it. I think it's a ball of chakra and blood, Kyuubi loves blood, make sense if she would want to drink it....

Then Kabuto, Yamato (the real body), and Sakura will have a nice chat about how to assasinate Sai.

Kusachu
February 10, 2006, 04:11 AM
am i the only person who thinks that Naruto is going to get effed-up royally?? I mean...I don't WANT him to, but i juts think it's unlikely that ANYTHING good will come from this fight, and no matter which way it goes, it's gonna leave a cliffhangar, Naurto will be bloody and raving and such (yay!), Orochimaru will flee, Kabuto will still be gay, and we still wont get to see dear Sasuke...*sigh* And what's up with Sai anyways? ...I'm tired of wondering what his deal is. This whole arc makes me insane. WTF does Danzo have to do with it? It would be cool if Sai was working for Danzo and Danzo was in kahoots with Orochimaru or Akatsuki to overthrow Leaf or something...but alas...I fear the worst (like 20 chapters of Sakura fighting...wait...that would be cool if she was kicking Sai's ass! Or him Kicking hers! Sai need to kick some ass. Or Yamoto...WHY ARE THEY NOT RUSHING OROCHIMARU! OR KABUTO! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO TEAMWORK!?!*nods*) *chuckle* ...blah...I'm just babbling now...I JUST WANT SOME FRIGGING CLARITY!!! RAWR! *Godzilla stomp* Some death would be nice too...blood + death = me content. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

captrosko
February 10, 2006, 04:31 AM
Dear lord.. I don't see no 'catch the ball, Oro' going on here.. Naruto's got a Kyuubi hyperbeam! =O  Oozaru, giant monkey, homage from DBZ.  >_> Hopefully Yamato won't stop him from showing it.  That'll rock!

hadiruto
February 10, 2006, 06:39 AM
The title of the next chapter is Selflessness...the question is who? its either Yamato or Sai...my bet is on Yamato...perhaps sacrificing himself or to the point tat he is close to dying to save Naruto...I wonder if Sai's mission is to draw the 3 or 4 tails Kyubi...to become one of the beasts tat he could control? I do however feel tat only either Sakura or Sasuke can calm Naruto down.

Zenith
February 10, 2006, 10:57 AM
I wonder if Sai's mission is to draw the 3 or 4 tails Kyubi...to become one of the beasts tat he could control?

LMAO! Sai should draw the entire nine-tails then...
But seriously i think that black ball is like a mini version of an energy ball that the real kyuubi could do (much like how shukaku uses the fuuton renkudan) before he was sealed by yondaime.

maggi
February 10, 2006, 05:05 PM
why is yamato not doing anything neighter sakura, what the hell is going on. the most probably thing is that going to happen that naruto is gonna do alot of damage with that chakra ball and then orochimaru is going to trasform into himself again with that freaky trasformation. :blink anyways orochimaru is going to say that still sasuke is stronger than him and naruto is going to try to grow the next tail. then sakura is going to the other side were naruto is and is going to see the horrofying form for naruto.

Galth
February 10, 2006, 05:21 PM
> naruto and orochimaru will continue battling, still not clear who is owning who...
> yamato, kabuto and sakura will go towards the battlefield at last
> yamato will try to control naruto ( you just mentioned your ability to sakura, so now let's see it!! )
> sai will close in on naruto, trying to do something with him ( it's clear he's after naruto's kyuubi form, since he said his mission started right after naruto went 'taily' and he could not have known orochimaru to be there, now couldn't he? so he's after naruto )
> sakura and kabuto will just stand aside idle in a 'this is out of our league' kind of way and comment on the battle: "my, he's gotten stronger", "oh no, what's happening now?" and stuff...
> naruto will fire the orb at orochimaru, who will dodge it, but will notice it's immense strenght :s

not detailed enough? :eyeroll

Predator
February 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
> sakura and kabuto will just stand aside idle in a 'this is out of our league' kind of way and comment on the battle: "my, he's gotten stronger", "oh no, what's happening now?" and stuff...

:notrust Well I rather think they'll go one on one on that side of the bridge they're on right now. That is Sakura vs Kabuto, while Yamato goes on to stop Kyuubi-Naruto.
After all, this is a perfect chance for Kishi to show how good Sakura is for a Medical nin. Going against Kabuto is the best challange medic ninja can have in the World of Naruto so far. :shakefist

donkeyhigh
February 10, 2006, 05:34 PM
Naruto'll break the ball into smaller pieces, one for each tail, so he can swing them around and most likely hit with one of the tails.. then shove 4 black-rasengan-thingies into Orochimaru.. making him throw up snakes for days..

Galth
February 10, 2006, 06:00 PM
throw up snakes... like he hasn't done that before, one can only imagine what his home looks like if he has any... a giant terrarium with, like, loooooooooooads of snakes... dude... snakes... makes you wonder what's his favorite game is...

Skullman210
February 10, 2006, 06:03 PM
did anybody play kingdom hearts 2? cause naruto looks like sora heartless form.
10/10 great manga this week

maggi
February 10, 2006, 07:38 PM
who cares about kindom hearts!? anyways probably that sakura and kabuto are going to fight to see who is the best medical ninja and while yamato goes to the other side where neruto is. :amuse :p

devo
February 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
who cares about kindom hearts!?

Uh, me. But admittedly, it doesn't really pertain to this conversation.

Out of respect, Kabuto's going to give Yamato and Sakura some kind of cryptic information, and he'll eventually escape with Orochimaru (maybe in a couple chapters, when the battle's finally over).

C4animax
February 10, 2006, 09:16 PM
I think he'll trhow the ball (obviously :eyeroll) it will touch orochimaru (obviously :eyeroll) but as it seems to be dangerous yamato will sumon a hell of a wood jutsu to secure the area (like his shield he used on him).
Sai is still having his capuccino as he was in the previous chapter...he can't do anything a part saying that he's too far lol...
I still think sakura will deal with kabuto soon or later....

On side of that, kyubito(let's make a DBZ name for naruto-kyubi) may set a trap trhowing the ball and then catching orochimaru with his hands since he can use chakra hands....But something is sure orochimaru isn't ready to die yet...he'll retreat saying that he's worth fitghing sasuke.

*Be ready to get a flashback before the end of the action*

Kickmeister
February 10, 2006, 09:17 PM
I hope Sakura gets close to Naruto and see him.. And that he almost kills her.. That way, when he realises that after this whole thing, he'll be so mad at himself for loosing it so we might see more skill (Well this is skill, but you know what I mean)

donkeyhigh
February 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
Please dont talk about KH2, I've only got it in japanese yet, and I don't want any spoilers, as I haven't played it yet :/

Fortisdiablos
February 11, 2006, 03:34 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/Fortisdiablos/a.png

sweet

Substance
February 11, 2006, 03:46 AM
hmmm i must have missed something but how is naruto's necklace going to stop the kyuubi's chakra?

lentharius
February 11, 2006, 03:53 AM
hmmm i must have missed something but how is naruto's necklace going to stop the kyuubi's chakra?

You haven't missed anything, they have yet to really even give us a hint as to how it would work.

Tanuki-dono
February 11, 2006, 04:06 AM
My Prediction

I like this view quite a bit, if only for the mass destruction Kyuubi would cause. Methinks that the danger in the situation, pertaining to Konoha really, has more to do with the damage Naruto can do to his surroundings and/or comrades (not that I'm saying the comrades will be hurt, but just as an example). Something has to connect to the rocky setup of Konoha politics, whether that comes from damage caused by Kyuubi or the injuries Naruto will sustain because of this transformation. (On the other hand, perhaps this Sai storyline will drag on for a while... Maybe he'll stick around until the readers ahve a chance to become fond of him or for him to develop slight emotions towards his teammates that interefere with his mission.) If Orochimaru were taken care of...then that would not really create much conflict back in Konoha, so maybe there will be some more fighting but nothing too drastic.

I like too your suggestion of how Yamato is going to handle the situation. Very creative and interesting way of thinking you have there.

Perhaps next chapter will consist of destruction, dodging, retreating, and damage control then.

Anything too outrageous, such as the elimination or arrival of a character, would seem a bit anti-climactic.

Gold Knight
February 11, 2006, 04:38 AM
I agree with 2/3 of that prediction, especially the destructive impact of Kyuubi-Naruto's black breath-ball, and Yamato doing something to interrupt the fight, but they won't come back to the village.

I have a feeling that something else is going to happen within this story ( Sai capturing Naruto? ) that will force Sakura and Yamato particularly to have to abandon the original mission and have to track Sai down.

Though it COULD lead to a return to Konohagakure, but not a peaceful return.

Cbot
February 11, 2006, 04:47 AM
Sasuke will show up and Naruto will calm down or Naruto throws the black ball to Oro and boom!!

Tanuki-dono
February 11, 2006, 05:29 AM
I agree with 2/3 of that prediction, especially the destructive impact of Kyuubi-Naruto's black breath-ball, and Yamato doing something to interrupt the fight, but they won't come back to the village. 

I have a feeling that something else is going to happen within this story ( Sai capturing Naruto? ) that will force Sakura and Yamato particularly to have to abandon the original mission and have to track Sai down. 

Though it COULD lead to a return to Konohagakure, but not a peaceful return.

Now that...would be very cool, and it would be a nice plot twist. Makes me wonder...how vulnerable might Naruto be once he deactivates from the Kyuubi form? I mean, Jiraiya said that when he fought him, Naruto lost all sense of how much pain he was causing his own body in his destructive impulse. I wonder if he's going to be pretty beaten up, and I wonder if he won't be able to heal right away. His skin has already flaked off and his blood has leaked out. How will he be after all this winds down? If he's vulnerable, it'd set up an ideal situation for something (like Sai) to go wrong. Interesting thoughts.

Gold Knight
February 11, 2006, 05:57 AM
Jiraiya did say that the Kyuubi will heal Naruto, so I think it'll still only take a night's rest. However a night is still enough for Sai to do what he wants to ( if that's what he wants to do? )

SacredNic
February 11, 2006, 08:43 AM
I think Naruto will injure Oro severely, so he'll decide to retreat.

Yamato will use a jutsu to dispell Naruto's transformation, at which point Sai will then use some kind of jutsu to kidnap Naruto (while he's unconscious and in bad shape).

Yamato and Sakura will chase him and then there will be an ambush by the Atakusi.

I suspect that Sai's at Jounin level.

Mara999
February 11, 2006, 09:17 AM
I suspect that once Naruto fires away the black chackra ball Orochimaru will stop fooling around and defend himself seriously. He'll brush the ball aside seemingly with ease and show his trademark perverse smile, but behind the grin he'll think "Damn, that hurt". Naruto will be completely exhausted by the attack and Orochimaru will taunt him one last time before he runs away laughing. Naruto will be even more enraged and start to remodel the countryside. Kabuto will also run away and this will give Yamato the opportunity to get over to Naruto and use his Shodai DNA and the power of the necklace to pacify Naruto and revert him to normal. Both will be exhausted and then Sai will probably show up and knock out Yamato from behind and do whatever his secret mission is.
This is what I think will most likely happen.

Gold Knight
February 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
Jiraiya did say that the Kyuubi will heal Naruto, so I think it'll still only take a night's rest. However a night is still enough for Sai to do what he wants to ( if that's what he wants to do? )

You know, I didn't even realize how naughty sounding this was until a mod called me a dirty old man because of it :oh

Galth
February 11, 2006, 11:58 AM
@GK

Also, if you think about sai talking about Naruto's dick in, like, 56% percent of his sentences... creeeeepy stuff outta nowhere... :s

( bored people having 3:33 minutes free time and like to watch flash movies... go to www.ultimateshowdown.org if you didn't allready know it... :amuse)

goobles
February 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
I guess in the next chapter Sasuke will show up and kick Orochimaru's ass (Naruto too, all the while saying "Suck it, dead last!").

BTW, I have an incredible theory about Sasuke, I really wish you guys should take a look at this.
Itachi killed the Uchiha with some greater purpose in mind, we all know it, right? Right.

Orochimaru wants Sasuke's body, and Itachi being the genius ninja he is, he could probably realize that (specially since he was an Anbu captain and Orochimaru probably tried to took over his body anyway), right? Right.

Itachi really cares about his brother, to the point of using the Tsukiyomi on him just to show him the difference in strenght even if it damages his eyes, right? Right.

The curse seal dominates the user's mind, transforming him into Orochimaru's bitch, right? Right.

So, we could infere that Itachi killed the Uchiha clan in order to create a barrier of hatred in Sasuke's mind, a barrier that could R-E-S-I-S-T TO OROCHIMARU'S DOMINATION!!!

UzumakiRoman
February 11, 2006, 01:21 PM
BTW, I have an incredible theory about Sasuke, I really wish you guys should take a look at this.

i looked at your theory and it sounds plausible, if itachi knew ahead of time that Orochi was going after him(possibly because orochi
had gone after itachi - that's just speculation).

2 things i wanna say:
1. Maybe Oro got to Itachi first(which is more than likely since at the death of the Uchiha clan Itachi was the strongest). Maybe he tried to turn Itachi
at some point too, maybe itachi also has a cursed seal if he and orochimaru got that far. just something to think about.

2.i know we all question the fact how good sai is but i would think he is a jounin for a few reasons.
a. Danzou said he's the same age as naruto and sai is the strongest of his generation.
b. it seems he's been trained to have no emotion, to be the ultimate ninja.
c. i would think it was Danzou who trained him, Danzou being similar strength as sandaime to be able to contend for
the title of 3rd hokage at one point.
d.Danzou ran root. Similar to Anbu but run independently. Danzou doesn't strike me as stupid and i don't see him surrounding himself
with genin or chuunin, only elites, so i would have to say jounin and up.
e.With the importance of this mission to Danzou i don't believe he would send a weak ninja.
f.Danzou claims sai's art mimcry is superb.
g.If he is of a higher level he seems smart enough to hide it from Yamato.

ok i'm out of reasons anybody chime in on what i said!!! :)

devo
February 11, 2006, 03:51 PM
I guess in the next chapter Sasuke will show up and kick Orochimaru's ass (Naruto too, all the while saying "Suck it, dead last!").

Itachi killed the Uchiha with some greater purpose in mind, we all know it, right? Right.

Nobody knows that for sure.

Orochimaru wants Sasuke's body, and Itachi being the genius ninja he is, he could probably realize that (specially since he was an Anbu captain and Orochimaru probably tried to took over his body anyway), right? Right.

That's a very big assumption. Actually, it's fairly safe to assume that Orochimaru didn't have the ability to switch bodies at that time, since the Third Hokage was absolutely shocked when he displayed said ability in their battle.

Itachi really cares about his brother, to the point of using the Tsukiyomi on him just to show him the difference in strenght even if it damages his eyes, right? Right.

Torturing someone and sending them to the hospital for weeks is a strange way of showing affection.

The curse seal dominates the user's mind, transforming him into Orochimaru's bitch, right? Right.

Um, not really. The Sound Five obeyed Orochimaru because he could instantly cause great pain to their bodies, not their minds. They all still had free will. Anko doesn't suffer under his control at all.

So, we could infere that Itachi killed the Uchiha clan in order to create a barrier of hatred in Sasuke's mind, a barrier that could R-E-S-I-S-T TO OROCHIMARU'S DOMINATION!!!

Extremely doubtful, for the reasons listed above.

Galth
February 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
That's a very big assumption. Actually, it's fairly safe to assume that Orochimaru didn't have the ability to switch bodies at that time, since the Third Hokage was absolutely shocked when he displayed said ability in their battle.

What exactly do you mean with that time? Orochimaru left the konohagakure waaaaaaay before itachi did, and he said he would've used itachi instead of sasuke if itachi's wasn't so strong he could resist the body takeover.

Um, not really. The Sound Five obeyed Orochimaru because he could instantly cause great pain to their bodies, not their minds. They all still had free will. Anko doesn't suffer under his control at all.

When did they say Orochimaru could hurt them? As far as i know, the curse seals can give the user great power, but if you use them too much, you would become Orochimaru's slave ( or so it is said by Tayuya ), i cannot remember anything about hurting people trough the curse seal... ( apart from the fact that it off course hurts the user if it isn't controlled yet in the very beginning, like, when sasuke got it before kakashi sealed it away... ) - the sound five followed orochimaru because they chose to do so, they wanted power... just like your average manga enemy character :noworry

As for the rest, nice post you made there :amuse - as for the sasuke/itachi theories, i still believe he didn't kill sasuske because, well, just like he said, why kill a little 10-year-old kid who can't even hurt you?

devo
February 11, 2006, 04:35 PM
What exactly do you mean with that time? Orochimaru left the konohagakure waaaaaaay before itachi did, and he said he would've used itachi instead of sasuke if itachi's wasn't so strong he could resist the body takeover.

True enough. Still, it's hard to imagine that anyone, even ANBU, kept tabs on Orochimaru while he was away from the village.

When did they say Orochimaru could hurt them?

Admittedly, this is an assumption on my part. When Anko confronted Orochimaru during the Chuunin exam, she was in pain due to her Cursed Seal. I wasn't sure if it was something that happened automatically or something Orochimaru was doing.

Really, I think a lot of people look too much into the relationship between Itachi and Sasuke. Isn't it possible, nay, probable, that Itachi's just a cold-hearted bastard who didn't have Sasuke's best interests in mind?

Galth
February 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
Really, I think a lot of people look too much into the relationship between Itachi and Sasuke. Isn't it possible, nay, probable, that Itachi's just a cold-hearted bastard who didn't have Sasuke's best interests in mind?

That has always been my idea, yeah. I don't know if he's 'just a cold-hearted bastard' but i sure believe he wasn't 'helping sasuke' when he let him alive to live a life of misery and eventually end up as a tool in the hands of his (=itachi's) worst enemy :p

C4animax
February 11, 2006, 04:56 PM
I don't think saï will do anything to naruto...he 's gay anyway...yamato will save the day.

maybe orochimaru will summon that snake from last time...

Edit : Sorry i tough this was still 295's prediction, but by the look of it it's no longer that lol...(was watching page 3 i think)

goobles
February 11, 2006, 05:48 PM
I have a new theory, one much more polemical than the last one.

According to the japanese legend, the weasel demon protects the fox demon from the cat demon. WE all know Itachi means weasel. When we think about it, Itachi has been obviously protecting Naruto all along - remeber, he could have easily killed Gai and the others and kidnaped him, but instead he ran away from enemies obviously weaker than him. And his Shouten no Jutsu could use his more powerful Katon technique, but instead he used a harmless Genjutsu... and remember, he defied Sasori's commands in order to do it! I mean, he is willing to risk a battle with Sasori of the Red Sands just for protecting Naruto!

The question is, who is the cat demon? Well, that's pretty easy too. Who has been chasing after Naruto all the time and trying not to draw attention to herself? We all know it - Hyuga Hinata! Yes, she is the cat demon and wants to kill Naruto, but she probably can't do much since her chakra coil is sealed way better than Naruto's, so she has to rely on trickery and bluff. Nekomata wants to kill Naruto and we all know it!

Mara999
February 11, 2006, 06:10 PM
I really hope the second part of your prediction isn't true. I like Hinata. But the theory about Itachi protecting Naruto seems possible though hard to understand why he'd do it.

Galth
February 11, 2006, 07:00 PM
This theory doesn't sound likely at all to me!! Use these ideas to make your own manga, but it'll not be like that in Naruto :thumbs

Edit : Sorry i tough this was still 295's prediction, but by the look of it it's no longer that lol...(was watching page 3 i think)

this is still the prediction thread allright, we're ehzm just getting a little off-topic here...

Predator
February 11, 2006, 07:25 PM
Goobles has good analyzing skills, but he lacks intuition.
That prediction sounds possible, but is unlikely to come true, because:
} Tailed Beasts are either free or sealed within containers.
} If they're sealed various sideeffects arrise (like Gaaras insanity).
} Sealing must be done by Fuuinjutsu specialists i.e. skilled shinobies (Yondaime Hokage, Yondaime Kazekage).
} People tend to treat Naruto and Gaara as outcasts ( unlike Hinata).
} Bijuus power's breaking out in life threatening situations (no such event on Hina vs Neiji).

Looking at gooble's prediction, I can only assume that he could be right only in case Nekomata is introduced and it threatens Naruto.
:notrust Anyhow, let's stick to predicting chapter 295 for now. Also there is a special subforum for further predictions and theories.

C4animax
February 11, 2006, 08:51 PM

According to the japanese legend, the weasel demon protects the fox demon from the cat demon. WE all know Itachi means weasel. When we think about it, Itachi has been obviously protecting Naruto all along - remeber, he could have easily killed Gai and the others and kidnaped him, but instead he ran away from enemies obviously weaker than him. And his Shouten no Jutsu could use his more powerful Katon technique, but instead he used a harmless Genjutsu... and remember, he defied Sasori's commands in order to do it! I mean, he is willing to risk a battle with Sasori of the Red Sands just for protecting Naruto!

The question is, who is the cat demon? Well, that's pretty easy too. Who has been chasing after Naruto all the time and trying not to draw attention to herself? We all know it - Hyuga Hinata! Yes, she is the cat demon and wants to kill Naruto, but she probably can't do much since her chakra coil is sealed way better than Naruto's, so she has to rely on trickery and bluff. Nekomata wants to kill Naruto and we all know it!

The real question is, what will happen of naruto's rasengan in chapter 295...

walkie
February 11, 2006, 09:41 PM

first of all itachi left when gai came because, even if itachi and kisame could kill gai, asuma, kurenai, 1-) no need to do that 2-)anbu was coming that could be troublesome 3-) they didnt want to reveal anything about akatsuki (he was suprised when kakashi said akatsuki) 4-) i believe itachi was not able to control fully MS yet at that time...and also usign MS offenly bad for him

when he used harmless getjutsu 1-) they werent looking his eyes, thats why he couldnt use MS 2-) he doesnt try to kill naruto because if naruto dies, kyuubi dies to, they want kyuubi alive

lol,....sai and naruto?? good couple :) but i dont think naruto will cheat his first love, sasuke :D

Galth
February 11, 2006, 09:52 PM
lol,....sai and naruto?? good couple :) but i dont think naruto will cheat his first love, sasuke :D

That's bad!! That;s very bad!! You killed my innocence and you're going straight to hell for that!! ;) ( how about a Naruto, Hinata, Sakura threesome? ) THAT's EVEN WORSE, guess i'll see you there then...

Itachi said he went away from the fight against Gai, Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai because... he didn;t wan't to fight them, he just went past them and after Naruto, so why stop and battle? And he could use Mangekyu Sharingan, he did it on Kakashi, immobilizing him until Tsunade came, remember? Afterwards, after using Mangekyu Sharingan on Sasuke when he was with Jiraiya and Naruto also, he said he couldn't use Mangekyu Sharingan again, becuase he can use it 3 times at the most ( the same reason he didn't use it versus Kakashi in the timeskip via his 30% chakra 'clone', he didn't have enough chakra to use it... ) and he is able to fully use the Mangekyu, Kisame said it, and btw, if Naruto dies, the Nine-Tailed Beast wil not die... perhaps he will come out of Naruto again? I don;t know, i allways thought that, bu if you think about it, if it was like that, they would never have Naruto become a shinobi, way to dangerous to the village... ah well...

Predator
February 11, 2006, 10:06 PM
WRONG,Khaludh! Kyuubi will die! When they first came into contact Kyuubi admited that if Naruto dies, he dies as well. That's how the seal works. Don't say you missed that. Kyuubi is giving his chakra to Naruto as a rent or tribute for survival. In difference to Gaara the seal allows that to happen.

Galth
February 11, 2006, 10:08 PM
... damn, you're right, silly me *slaps himself in the face with a fish ( notice: this is NOT a trout, more like a tuna-like fish, forgot it's name) * ouch... :p

DaLaZShinobi
February 11, 2006, 10:16 PM
by the way.... did anyone else notice that YAMATO IS EVIL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not just the look in his eyes.... he has 2!! TWO MASKS!!!!!!!!! one of them is the one that sai was talkin 2 .... the secret mission....

glad 2 c that Khaludh agrees with me[br]Posted at: February 11, 2006, 07:09:02 PM_________________________________________________

Anko did not have the "full" curse on her (she did not have level 2) remember how the sound 4 said
after this orochimaru will have all control over you

2 things i wanna say:
1. Maybe Oro got to Itachi first(which is more than likely since at the death of the Uchiha clan Itachi was the strongest). Maybe he tried to turn Itachi
at some point too, maybe itachi also has a cursed seal if he and orochimaru got that far. just something to think about.

It was already pointed out by orochimaru that he tried to capture/take over of itachi....(his main reason for joining the akasuki) he said he was too strong
itachi=WAYY stronge than orochimaru (said by orchi maru himself) thats why he left akatsuki....they were too strong for him

Galth
February 11, 2006, 10:18 PM
by the way.... did anyone else notice that YAMATO IS EVIL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not just the look in his eyes.... he has 2!! TWO MASKS!!!!!!!!! one of them is the one that sai was talkin 2 .... the secret mission....

yeah, i've also noticed that quite some time ago, but i've never theorized about it, lets go:
- yamato pretended to be root-anbu to find out about sai's mission, just like he was pretending to be sasori later on, it's his speciality ( "now here's a cheeky little fella!" - Strewth Irwin ) OR
- yamato is also a root-anbu member, so that's why danzou said "why don't you take your highest ranking anbu captain?" knowing it was him... OR
- yamato has later on captured the root-anbu person that spoke with sai, and interrogated him for information... OR
- kishimoto messed up  :eyeroll

Ehmz, and even after the sound four/five have obtained their lvl2 curse seal, they weren't under complete control of orochimaru, they even warned sasuke not to let that happen

DALAZY THEORIES
Hoshigaki Kisame already contains a demon in him (due to the saying of neji "i have not seen such a charkra since naruto!)

first of all, NO DOUBLE-POSTINGS!! ( where's MnK when you need him)

now further, kisame doesn't have a tailed-beast in him, all the gathered bijuu are inside that big statue in the akatsuki cave, did you notice the number of eyes increasing from 2 to 3 after gaara's ichibi enterd it? deidara said they allready had 2 bijuu before they obtained gaara ( or did sasori say that? doesn't matter... ) neji was referring to the amazing AMOUNT of chakra naruto and kisame had ( he had also seen gaara offcourse, but since the ichibi was the weakest of the bijuu, he didn't mention him, naruto is far above him - he deafeated him, right?! ), that's all i have to say for the moment

note: see?! see?! such a large post with only 1 smiley in it! a personal victory!  :whoo :whoo :whoo

EDIT: ...screwd up at the last moment didn't i...

DaLaZShinobi
February 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
lol
hmm good theories
but yamato does have an evil look...
but a fact is that he does have 2 masks because he was wearing one and then on the desk there was another....
maybe he ambushed the "real" root member and conviscated the real thing he was soposed to give to sai....
Yamato is definatly shady..

glasskatana
February 11, 2006, 10:33 PM
my theory was that for whatever reason Sai also had a mask like that or had kept that mask with him and Yamato found it while Sai and Naruto were still in the hot springs. Perhaps Yamato left early so that he could shuffle through everyone's bags and see what they brought with them. Especially since Tsunade told him to keep his eye on Sai.

Galth
February 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
what worries me suddenly... after yamato left the hot springs, it was completely deserted but for naruto and sai... now here's one part of the manga i'm very glad they skipped... ;)

As for your theorie, glasskatana, it does make sence, that is, if all the root-anbu wear the same mask... and we don't know that ( the regular anbu do not ) perhaps the masks represent anbu-ranks? if so... this may not mean anything at all... :notrust

DaLaZShinobi
February 11, 2006, 10:40 PM
lol :o

oyea and @Khaludh
where does orochimaru get all his jutsus anyways?
well i think he developes them cuz that is possible
or he steals them from akatsuki ppl (most of his jutsus resemble some of theirs)

i think the black orb is the forbidden jutsu that jaraiya forbid naruto to use
the "greater greater greater reisengan?"

Galth
February 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
maybe it is and maybe it isn't: in this state naruto cannot actually choose what jutsu to use and what to forgo, so it would not make any sence if jiraiya forbode him to do it then, wouldn't it? then again, maybe naruto can also use this technique when he isn't being tailed ( lol, it's a joke, laugh people, laugh!! ... not funny? never mind :[ )

maybe orochimaru just plays with his snake's all day long untill he figures some amazing kick-ass snake jutsu!! ( kie eating them and spitting them out again at naruto's feet... he's just got mental issues, this lad... )

Khaludh owns me!
Khaludh is the BEST!!

and i just love your sig  :p, DaLazShinobi

AND LINKIN PARK'S MY FAVORITE BAND, that's a cool movie DaLaz! Totally made my day ( or night, it's 0:28 in the timezone i am in now... yeah, i'm kind of a loser, why am i online at this hour? )

DaLaZShinobi
February 11, 2006, 10:55 PM
thanks!!! HE IS MY FAV TOO!!
lol its 3:30pm here in cal
ok sorry i have 2 leave u alone =[ i gota go

bye!! have fun theorizing guys

Predator
February 11, 2006, 10:58 PM
:notrust Emm, guys... you got some point, but :offtopic
Mods and Admins made Mega Convo for these issues and Toshokan for theoretical talk.
Don't get me wrong, I like these conversations and all, it's just that I like things being where they belong.

As for the idea about the mask it could really be sai's coz it's shown during the mission instead of period before departure. Mangas are canonic in this sense. Things bringing up heavy thoughts are shown before the things go on.

Galth
February 11, 2006, 11:00 PM
@DaLazShinobi: at least you spellend my name right :tem

yeah, sorry it's offtopic, let's get back on, will that black thingie hit orochimaru or not? and if it does, how many damage will we see it do to him  :blink, i hope a lot, make him squirm  :darn ( i guess it'll be dodged or blocked at the last moment by oro, but we will see it do some damage to him that he cannot heal so quickly... something like that... ), your thoughts?

DaLaZShinobi
February 11, 2006, 11:04 PM
hmm well yea i lied >.<!! this is really my last post this time
uhh i think orochimaru wont even let naruto fire that thing...
and if he blocks it i heard from someone that thinks orochimaru will summon his "ultimate defense" the thing that those two brothers summoned? the legendary wall

Meijin no Kori
February 11, 2006, 11:10 PM
hmm well yea i lied >.<!! this is really my last post this time
uhh i think orochimaru wont even let naruto fire that thing...
Just like nobody in DBZ ever let Goku fire the Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb). :notrust

glasskatana
February 11, 2006, 11:23 PM
I have absolutely no idea what's gonna happen with the black ball of death so i'm going to theorize on a different aspect. Yamato ends up giving his life to re-fortify the seal. (in this dream i had he did that by retracing over the yondaime's seal with his own blood.) after having accomplished this task, there's some kind of dream sequence and the last scene of the chapter is naruto standing up with 4 tails out again. (except they're not causing his body damage and he has nearly complete contoll over them.)

No OnE
February 11, 2006, 11:31 PM
Heh, weird theory, I don't think we'll see Yamato killing himself just yet :P. I'd be cool if Naruto did have something happen to him that gives him full control over this level and the levels below it.

UzumakiRoman
February 12, 2006, 02:31 AM
It was already pointed out by orochimaru that he tried to capture/take over of itachi....(his main reason for joining the akasuki) he said he was too strong
itachi=WAYY stronge than orochimaru (said by orchi maru himself) thats why he left akatsuki....they were too strong for him

i had a feeling i didn't explain this well.. what i'm trying to say is maybe orochimaru made itachi turn his back on the uchiha clan by giving him ideas about
testing his "container". Maybe orochimaru try to lure itachi in a more seductive manner. it's only later that they both became akatsuki members.

Hermie
February 12, 2006, 02:44 AM
This could be... I have always thought what Itachi said about "testing this 'containter'" was a very Orochimaru way of speaking.

Tanuki-dono
February 12, 2006, 04:41 AM
You know, I didn't even realize how naughty sounding this was until a mod called me a dirty old man because of it  :oh

Aww, you beat me to it. I had planned to pick on you about that one. One night is a lot of time for a ninja, hmm?

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 04:51 AM
I think I must've been up TOO late when I said that, Erin :amuse

Yamato ends up giving his life to re-fortify the seal. (in this dream i had he did that by retracing over the yondaime's seal with his own blood.) after having accomplished this task, there's some kind of dream sequence and the last scene of the chapter is naruto standing up with 4 tails out again. (except they're not causing his body damage and he has nearly complete contoll over them.)

I really don't think that Kishimoto is planning to make the Kyuubi power so easily accessible to Naruto without any price. Though that was a cool theory and I'm sure Yamato will have something to do with training Naruto so that he would be able to control himself better - especially emotionally.

Tanuki-dono
February 12, 2006, 05:08 AM
I think I must've been up TOO late  when I said that, Erin :amuse

I really don't think that Kishimoto is planning to make the Kyuubi power so easily accessible to Naruto without any price.  Though that was a cool theory and I'm sure Yamato will have something to do with training Naruto so that he would be able to control himself better - especially emotionally.

GK is losing his mind. ^.^ Insomnia can led to insanity, you know. (*cough* and unusally dark rings around your eyes...)

I hope Yamato stays around a bit longer. After some of that careful characterization Kishimoto went through (the "scary" face of Yamato's was amusing), I think it'd be such a waste to off him as if he were a mere bug. Yamato is too unique, since he has the cells of the first Hokage. And he has some interesting abilities. I've been trying to make a prediction based on the abilities of the people fighting, but I haven't been able to make much sense of my thoughts. I honestly think we're going to see more fighting next chapter, but it is hard to determine exactly how everything is going to play out. *sighs* Naruto has the power of the Kyuubi - destruction. Orochimaru has his slithering regeneration techiniques. Yamato has interesting wood techniques and some other ablities probably that have to do with bijuu control. (Come to think of it, he may die eventually - just so the situation regarding bijuu control will become desperate - but I don't foresee it happening too soon.) Sai has the weird art ability and unknown ambitions. Sakura has super strength and medical ablilities. And then there's Kabuto who is obviously skilled in medical areas and fighting. Now, if I were a manga creator, how would I use this?

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 05:19 AM
The way you described their abilities, it seems like it SHOULD be an especially grand battle --- too bad most of them are kind of watching 'behind the scenes' so to speak. >_<

I just realized that the Orochimaru who got cut in half by the Four Tailed Naruto must have been a clone made of snakes. And that's why he was able to pull himself back together. So the real Orochimaru is likely the one who had, uhm, regurgitated the second Orochimaru.

So following that line of reasoning I think 4-Tail Naruto will destroy the clone next chapter, but it won't be the real Orochimaru anyway...

Tanuki-dono
February 12, 2006, 05:26 AM
The way you described their abilities, it seems like it SHOULD be an especially grand battle --- too bad most of them are kind of watching 'behind the scenes' so to speak.  >_<

I just realized that the Orochimaru who got cut in half by the Four Tailed Naruto must have been a clone made of snakes.  And that's why he was able to pull himself back together.  So the real Orochimaru is likely the one who had, uhm, regurgitated the second Orochimaru. 

So following that line of reasoning I think 4-Tail Naruto will destroy the clone next chapter, but it won't be the real Orochimaru anyway...

Hm. Bet you're right about Orochimaru. Mou. That guy... With the ingredients, it seems like there would be a battle of epic proportions... But if the ingredients don't mix, then they won't bake. So we'll probably have to settle for a minor battle with the destruction of Oro's clone, perhaps a retreat by Oro and Kabuto, and then revelations or foreshadowing about Yamato and Sai. Oh, and maybe a pinch of emotion from Sakura.

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 05:39 AM
I'm still struggling to understand why exactly Sakura decided to reveal ANY information about Sasori to Kabuto. I guess she didn't think it would hurt, but I would have been loath to give up any info to Kabuto or Orochimaru that might encourage them to go ahead with a different plan or project instead of waiting on seeing whether Sasori was truly dead or not.

glasskatana
February 12, 2006, 05:42 AM
I was thinking the same thing Gold Knight. Sakura telling Kabuto that was just weird to me. Unless she thought Kabuto still had an attachment of sorts to Sasori and was trying to piss him off or something.

lentharius
February 12, 2006, 05:44 AM
Oh, and maybe a pinch of emotion from Sakura.

I would like to point out how at this point that is about all she can do. Every member of this fight completely outclasses her.

I agree completely, it took me awhile to realize that he was probably just a clone as well. I see Yamato sealing Naruto however he's supposed to do that after Naruto destroys the clone of Orochimaru. The sealing probably won't take place until a later chapter tho.

glasskatana
February 12, 2006, 05:52 AM
On the subject of Yamato, what else about his character could be released, except maybe his real name. I mean we already know all about his past and his connections with Orochimaru, what more is there. My true purpose of asking this question is to ask another question. Can anyone think of a reason that Kishi couldn't just kill off Yamato right now. I don't want this to happen, I like Yamato's personallity a lot. Also I don't see how it would work if he did survive this mission. It would be awkward for him to just leave when Kakashi gets better and we never get to see him again. But in my opinion he also can't die while Orochimaru is there, or at least while Oro is still feeling full of himself and uber powerful cause Yamato's body would be taken for experimentation. The whole thing is just very difficult to figure out. Can anyone add their theories about this predicament. I need ideas to feed my hungry soul.

Tanuki-dono
February 12, 2006, 05:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing Gold Knight. Sakura telling Kabuto that was just weird to me. Unless she thought Kabuto still had an attachment of sorts to Sasori and was trying to piss him off or something.

It does seem like she should be more careful with throwing information around.  Information is something that ninjas consider to be very important.  Perhaps she deemed that it was harmless.   The whole setup begs more dissection.  They were lying in wait to ambush the spy, it seemed.  Their original intent seems curious... I wonder if they had an inkling of who was really on the way.  Bah. Not likely, but...

EDIT:

On the subject of Yamato, what else about his character could be released, except maybe his real name. I mean we already know all about his past and his connections with Orochimaru, what more is there. My true purpose of asking this question is to ask another question. Can anyone think of a reason that Kishi couldn't just kill off Yamato right now. I don't want this to happen, I like Yamato's personallity a lot. Also I don't see how it would work if he did survive this mission. It would be awkward for him to just leave when Kakashi gets better and we never get to see him again. But in my opinion he also can't die while Orochimaru is there, or at least while Oro is still feeling full of himself and uber powerful cause Yamato's body would be taken for experimentation. The whole thing is just very difficult to figure out. Can anyone add their theories about this predicament. I need ideas to feed my hungry soul.

Well...  Kakashi might be out for a while, or maybe Yamato is somehow going to connect to this larger plot of Konoha politics involving Root, etc.

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 05:59 AM
Well, perhaps Sakura was still reeling from the devastative impact of Kabuto's rear end.

EDIT - As for Yamato, I wouldn't worry about him dying anytime soon - his mission is kind of threefold - 1. to find Sasuke, 2. to help Naruto control himself, and 3. I think he was also assigned to keep a close tab on Sai and the Root organization.

Plus, Jiraiya is always going and leaving and he's not dead, is he? I think Kishimoto put too much effort in creating Yamato's character that I don't think he would want to kill him off anytime soon.

glasskatana
February 12, 2006, 06:16 AM
Good point. Now onto other predictions, theories, and questions. For one in kyuubi form do you think it would be possible for Naruto to perform hand seals. If not that would SEVERELY limit the jutsus Naruto could do when in kyuubi form. This would make me sad as I wanted to see Naruto bust out powerful possibly kinjutsus on Orochimaru with the kyuubi chakra to back him up, but if he can't do hand seals my hopes are shaddered. ::sigh::

lentharius
February 12, 2006, 06:32 AM
For one in kyuubi form do you think it would be possible for Naruto to perform hand seals. If not that would SEVERELY limit the jutsus Naruto could do when in kyuubi form.

Well Naruto has no control of himself in Kyuubi form so I'm assuming probably not. I also assume that any move that we see being done would actually be a move that the Kyuubi himself does. So while being in this form seems to limit the jutsus he can do, it also expands the amount that he can do by including an entirely different set of jutsus. That's my belief on that subject.

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 08:50 AM
I actually think Naruto could learn how to control himself in 1-Tail mode enough to be able to use hand seals.

Don't forget, in his fight with Sasuke, Naruto was able to form and use the Rasengan one-handed. Doesn't that count as a jutsu outside the Kyuubi's influence?

Also, remember that even while Kyuubified, both against Haku and Sasuke, Naruto was still at least semi-conscious of what he was doing (hence, he stopped just before delivering the death blow to Haku, and he also stopped beating up on Sasuke on the cliff after Sasuke angrily said that Naruto could not understand family ties.)

By the same token I think Naruto could control himself enough to be able to handle the 1-Tail chakra in order to be able to perform jutsus.

Anything past 1-Tail, however, I think Naruto loses too much of himself to be able to do that.

Lexiefaye at NF came up with a very nice chart which I think is very reasonable:

Here is a little something I just put together - a graph of Naruto's Kyuubi transformations so far ... I mainly wanted to show why it was indeed logical for the Kyuubi/Naruto mental switch to take place at 4 tails instead of the more obvious choice of 5 tails (middle of 9).

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7217/kyuubinarutodynamic3kr.th.jpg (http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kyuubinarutodynamic3kr.jpg)

I'm going to give this its own thread as well .....

lentharius
February 12, 2006, 09:46 AM
I actually think Naruto could learn how to control himself in 1-Tail mode enough to be able to use hand seals.

Oh I thought he was talking about while in 4-tails mode. If he meant 1-3 tails mode then I agree with you I think he still could use hand seals. Your Rasengan point being exactly why he could. If he was conscious enough to do that move, then I see no reason why he couldn't use hand seals.

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 10:02 AM
Well, it seems like the Kyuubi knows quite a few tricks of his own though, if the last chapter is anything to judge by.

lentharius
February 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
Agreed. While I do hope that Naruto is capable of developing on his own without having to rely on the Kyuubi, it is quite fun to see some of the moves that are solely the Kyuubis moves. Just hearing that his tails were capable of destroying mountains and the anecdotal evidence of his power is interesting, it is cool of Kishimoto to have a way to truly show the power of the Kyuubi.

KRNseraphim
February 12, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah it is cool that its a way of showing kyuubi's power but then you gotta remember that it is being suppressed by the seal on yondaime and not all of its enormous chakra can be channeled out because of naruto's small body and right now its only 4 tails and for him to be that powerful it is amazing but truthfully its not only kyubi thats attacking its mixing with naruto and because of that it has abilities that kyubi alone cannot do, so its possible for kyubi's power to be complimented by narutos jutsu's since i would imagine kyubi would have many if any jutsu's at all so rather narutos own jutsu's can be stronger with kyubi but yeah kishimoto has done a great job so far with kyuubi but i'm kinda hoping to show more about the kyuubi that wasnt sealed to show its ridiculous power and stuff.

UzumakiRoman
February 12, 2006, 01:05 PM

i don't think yamato is going anywhere, or else why would kishi go thru the trouble of making him. i now see yamato in the same situation as naruto. both are important to konoha. Naruto is the fourth's legacy and must be protected from itachi and akatsuki, by the same token because of his abilities yamato is the
first's legacy and must be protected from orochimaru and anyone else. If yamato was dead do you know how easy it would be for orochi to get a
sample(about as easy as it was to get from the first hokages remains, maybe even easier). i do think it was genius on kishi's part to have yamato in anbu hidden behind am ask instead of a jounin out in the open like kakashi or gai, etc.

Good point. Now onto other predictions, theories, and questions. For one in kyuubi form do you think it would be possible for Naruto to perform hand seals. If not that would SEVERELY limit the jutsus Naruto could do when in kyuubi form. This would make me sad as I wanted to see Naruto bust out powerful possibly kinjutsus on Orochimaru with the kyuubi chakra to back him up, but if he can't do hand seals my hopes are shaddered. ::sigh::

i don't believe this to be true. if you think about it Rasengan is a powerful move with no seals. Also when Gaara let the shukaku out he used wind element techniques with no seals, so that tells me any elemental ninjutsu can be used without hand seals. also genjutsu can be done just by the eyes(doujutsu) or just by pointing a finger(itachi clone). if you really think about it hand seals can be removed from the equation by a truely skilled ninja(whether by accident or on purpose it can be done).

walkie
February 12, 2006, 02:16 PM
i want to believe that the black orb thing that kyuubi/naruto forms is not related with rasengan...because i do not want to belive kyuubis abilities are just speed and chakra shield and power and so far we have seen...kyuubi is the 9-tail, the strongest bijuu, it should have some unique techs...(i know that techs are also effective and may be unique but i want more :D)

i somehow like yamato...he is very skillful about mokuton type jutsus and seems he is really strong ninja..also his behaviour (uses forcing ppl if necesssary) suits him ;) but he may quit being ninja after that battle...because he can sell houses without risking his life and can be rich...as you remember he can make houses without no cost!!!! oohh my god, i want to have that ability now ;)

GordoIrado
February 12, 2006, 04:11 PM
BTW, no japanese legend mentions Nekomata protecting Kyuubi, Goobles. You must be mistaken.

Predator
February 12, 2006, 04:29 PM
BTW, no japanese legend mentions Nekomata protecting Kyuubi, Goobles. You must be mistaken.

I think he said that Veasel (Itachi) protects Fox (Naruto) from Cat(?). But that's still unlikely.
If such myth exists, which legend could that be, I wonder?

Going through the new predictions, it seems pretty sure that the next chapter this Hebi no Bunshin will be pwned.

mercycubed
February 12, 2006, 05:10 PM
This chapter did not leave much to work with prediction-wise. But after reading all seven pages late last night, I got inspired to really put some thought into the story. So after sleeping on it, this is what I came up with.

I just realized that the Orochimaru who got cut in half by the Four Tailed Naruto must have been a clone made of snakes. And that's why he was able to pull himself back together. So the real Orochimaru is likely the one who had, uhm, regurgitated the second Orochimaru.
I hope there is no Oro clone. But in this case, the history of the manga is behind you. The last time I truly enjoyed the kawarimi was Oro and Anko's battle in the Forest of Death. Ever since then, they have all been anti-climactic.

Now, if I were a manga creator, how would I use this?

If I was a mangaka, this is how I would be thinking…

KN4 had its showcase in 294, from now on, this fight needs to be more of a teaser towards future battles than anything else. After the black ball jutsu is done, the KN4 form needs to become unstable; chakra bubbles flying out of the fox shroud at an alarming rate, roars from the balrog-like creature. I would definitely not be showing new jutsus past the black ball from KN4 next chapter, only the repercussions of its power.

If that happens, how to deal with Oro? If he is left too strong once KN4 starts to weaken, his character would have to decimate the shattered fragments of Team Yamato. It seems that Oro must be significantly hurt, to have him skulk away and not want to toy with the rest of Team Yamato.

Possibly, Yamato could start his jutsu to restrain kyuubi, weakening the power of the black ball jutsu, but leaving it strong enough to effectively hit and weaken Oro. This would show Yamato’s skilz, leave Oro damaged and wanting to leave, and have the fans left in awe of the full power of this jutsu and hungry for more Naruto-chaos.
It may be too soon for this, I don't know, Sakura's showcase battle went on for 2 months. But the way to end the battle is to have KN4 ramping up for a mega-jutsu and then Yamato restraining it, the jutsu never occuring, leaving the fanbase foaming at the mouth.

With Yamato presumably weakened after restraining KN4 and Naruto out for the count (and his clothes will have not burned off, sorry ladies), the door would be left open for Sai to get closer to Naruto and carry out his mission. Letting the manga transition back to Konoha and the political triangle storyline.

But what about Kabuto? Kabuto’s discussion with Sakura does not seem to be getting ready for battle. Sakura’s face is too passive. If Sakura was looking to fight, she should say, “I saw Sasori’s life bleed out of his puppet shell with my own eyes!” Sakura and Yamato’s thoughts are too pre-occupied on Naruto to think about capturing the Sound spy.

The Kabuto dialogue can have many different paths, and I can’t think of any that make sense based from previous hints in the manga. It almost seems that if Sakura plays her cards right, Kabuto could tell her what Akatuki's goal is.

On a side note, Kabuto’s big moment in this arc was when he talked about Oro’s jutsu that is put on the cellular remains of the body he takes over in the early part of 290. I hope that this is what will lead to Oro’s downfall.

Galth
February 12, 2006, 05:30 PM
It may be too soon for this, I don't know, Sakura's showcase battle went on for 2 months. But the way to end the battle is to have KN4 ramping up for a mega-jutsu and then Yamato restraining it, the jutsu never occuring, leaving the fanbase foaming at the mouth.

Yeah, i hadn't yet thought about that, Yamato is the only one able to stop this thingie ( though he needs to cheat for it, stupid sealing cells  :p ), even ero-sannin probably got it pretty bad in the chest... let's say naruto gets shut down by yamato in a really evil way, disabling him from more fighting, but oro hurt pretty badly as well, enough for yamato and sakura to battle him off...

and then run after sai who has captured the kyuubi for root purposes? while kabuto helps orochimaru escape again... ( notice how kabuto actually slows orochimaru plans down really subtle, like when kakashi 'stopped him' from killing sasuke, but before kabuto killed sasuke he must have spent like fifteen minutes preparing the trick with the dead body animation and stuff... )

AFTERTHOUGHT EDIT: anybody thought about the possibility that Kabuto is allied to the roots? we know kabuto has lived in konoha after he was orphanized ( :smile-big ) in some great war, and afterwards he has 'allied himself' via sasori to orochimaru, though not helping him in his best possible manner... and remember oro saying to kabuto: " you are strong, though only as strong as kakashi " shocked look on kabuto's face that oro didn't see " haha, i was only joking... ", so maybe he's even more then we think he is ( from the chunin exam arc )

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 06:21 PM
That's a very nice analysis, mercycubed. The only point I would probably feel comfortable in disagreeing on is that I feel like Orochimiaru will get a last taunt in regarding Naruto's level as compared to Sasuke, so I don't think Orochimaru will be 'skulking away' after the battle.

Tanuki-dono
February 13, 2006, 01:39 AM
KN4 had its showcase in 294, from now on, this fight needs to be more of a teaser towards future battles than anything else. After the black ball jutsu is done, the KN4 form needs to become unstable; chakra bubbles flying out of the fox shroud at an alarming rate, roars from the balrog-like creature.

Possibly, Yamato could start his jutsu to restrain kyuubi, weakening the power of the black ball jutsu, but leaving it strong enough to effectively hit and weaken Oro. This would show Yamato’s skilz, leave Oro damaged and wanting to leave, and have the fans left in awe of the full power of this jutsu and hungry for more Naruto-chaos.

But what about Kabuto? Kabuto’s discussion with Sakura does not seem to be getting ready for battle. Sakura’s face is too passive. If Sakura was looking to fight, she should say, “I saw Sasori’s life bleed out of his puppet shell with my own eyes!” Sakura and Yamato’s thoughts are too pre-occupied on Naruto to think about capturing the Sound spy.

The Kabuto dialogue can have many different paths, and I can’t think of any that make sense based from previous hints in the manga. It almost seems that if Sakura plays her cards right,  Kabuto could tell her what Akatuki's goal is.

Fantastic post, mercycubed.  I agree that perhaps this whole fight will merely be a taste of what is to come.  I wonder if we we won't see huge amounts of power from Kyuubi until things have come full circle.  I can almost guess that we'll see more Jinchuuriki and Bijuu as well as more Akatsuki before that power is unleashed.  So, for now, I agree that the fight will be somewhat of a teaser.  Orochimaru is going to have to retreat, so he may very well be damaged somehow, or perhaps his chakra is starved in the effort to protect himself.  However, I think he might have something sarcastic to say before he leaves, possibly further stirring things up for Naruto's teammates before departing.  (And it's a long shot, but perhaps he kept pushing and pushing Naruto in the goal of stirring him up so he would cause destruction and trouble for his teammates/village/surroundings.  Maybe he had planned to leave once Naruto was out of control in hopes that the destruction would work to his advantage.)  I think you may be right about Kabuto.  The atmosphere around he and Sakura isn't really one that suits fighting.  They're more in the spectator role at the moment.  I think he may provide some information regarding Sasuke, since his motives are very mysterious.

glasskatana
February 13, 2006, 02:12 AM
I would be extremely happy if either Oro or Kabuto would PLEASE reveal some information on Akatsuki because I was looking forward to getting it from Sasori's spy but that doesn't look like its going exactly as planned... so. Also how much longer do you think Naruto has before he collapses form the wounds Kyuubi is giving him. I mean is this orb thing his last attack or does he have a long way to go. I want some plot developements. Also is it possible that Naruto in 4-tailed Kyuubi form is incapable of moving cause he doesn't seem very keen on going after Oro with his natural body, and he didn't even dodge oro's attack, though that might of been on purpose. thoughts?

mercycubed
February 13, 2006, 06:22 AM
Thanks for all of the nice comments, both GK's, TD, and K. I normally don't have a prediction come true, but overanalyzing a topic, ANY topic, is kind of a strange hobby of mine. :smile-big

Also is it possible that Naruto in 4-tailed Kyuubi form is incapable of moving cause he doesn't seem very keen on going after Oro with his natural body, and he didn't even dodge oro's attack, though that might of been on purpose. thoughts?
You know? I had not even thought about this. Your guess is as good as mine. I would think he coul d move, he just has not had reason to.

I want some plot developments.Don't we all.

EDIT:

...about Kabuto. The atmosphere around he and Sakura isn't really one that suits fighting. They're more in the spectator role at the moment. I think he may provide some information regarding Sasuke, since his motives are very mysterious.
You have a great point here. I initially thought that Kabuto could give information about Sasuke or about Oro.
But Kabuto knows the value of information, if he tells them about Sasuke, it is obvious that he is betraying Oro.
And this very well could happen, but I just didn't think that would start yet. So I opted that Kabuto could tell them about Akatsuki's objective. It gives an exchange of information but still leaves Kabuto with Oro, and lets the focus shift back to Konoha's response to the threat of Akatsuki against its jinchuuriki.
And one thing I am noticing about my predictions...I am not a Sasuke fan, and I can't imagine how to save him. Unfortunately, my bias hinders me. But it does seem that if Sasuke is going to be saved, information is needed in finding him, NOW. And why not have Kabuto give it? There are only six months left, which could be 4 years in manga time. :s

EDIT:

I feel like Orochimiaru will get a last taunt in regarding Naruto's level as compared to Sasuke, so I don't think Orochimaru will be 'skulking away' after the battle.
This would be interesting if Oro would purposefully setup a battle between the two after this....hhmm, I wonder?

VeNoM87
February 13, 2006, 01:07 PM
some ppl were saying that naruto can't do hand seals while in kyubii form. But what if he can do it with the BIG red chakra hands, think about that!! (would be quite pwnage innit)

donkeyhigh
February 13, 2006, 01:54 PM
Here is a little something I just put together - a graph of Naruto's Kyuubi transformations so far ... I mainly wanted to show why it was indeed logical for the Kyuubi/Naruto mental switch to take place at 4 tails instead of the more obvious choice of 5 tails (middle of 9).
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kyuubinarutodynamic3kr.jpg

Yeah, something like that. But I don't think it can be calculated in percent. Of course the picture is right in the sence of "more tails = less Naruto-thinking". But still Naruto is the main host of the powers, so I don't think Naruto'll be completely gone no matter how many tailes he releases of the Kyubii..

Naruto is strong and never gives up, ever, so even if the Kyubii was to be released, Naruto'd kick his ass. Not for the sake of a happy ending and a good manga, just because he could.

So anyway, the Kyubii can never take 100% controll over Naruto's body like the picture implies, because Narutos' sub-conciounsness would never allow for the Kyubii to kill any of his friends or close ones. The scar Jiraya got from traning with Naruto was just an accident, could have happened anyone during traning, it was just that Naruto was allot stronger than usual this one time.. Just bad timing. :p
Or, uhm, he could probably dammage Jiraya, because Jiraya had to aggrivate Naruto in order to make him release the tails, so he was probably mad at Jiraya at that moment, but then got controll over himself again after blasting a little shockwave of power into his chest.
He probably wanted to slapp him or something, but never intended to kill him, or hurt him that badly..
Or it's just that Naruto has to deal with his inner demons :p once he's done enough meditation he can probably make the Kyubii into a good-guy :D

diegocfq
February 13, 2006, 02:28 PM
I think the fight will continue but as ppl said before some things will happen:

1- Yamato will try to stop naruto, using his shodai hokage techniques
2- Sakura will try to approach and watch the fight and Kabuto will try to help Orochimaru
3- Sai will have trouble getting near to accomplish his mission

As an answer to what Root may want with naruto: Root probably sent Sai to know the extent of Kyuubi power or to discover if Naruto is now a true threat to konohagakure because before the kyuubi was sealed and now there is a unstable person controlling/being controlled it/by it.

Here's what I think: Naruto will definitely not be able to kill Orochimaru, because? Hmm because Orochimaru is a seasoned ninja and will know if the situation is out of control and is time to run, or not, he is a freak anyway =P. Maybe, I said MAYBE, Sasuke will show up (but I think now is not the right time).

Anyway I'm really nervous waiting for the next chapter...

Gold Knight
February 13, 2006, 02:45 PM
And one thing I am noticing about my predictions...I am not a Sasuke fan, and I can't imagine how to save him. Unfortunately, my bias hinders me. But it does seem that if Sasuke is going to be saved, information is needed in finding him, NOW. And why not have Kabuto give it? There are only six months left, which could be 4 years in manga time. :s

It seems as if Orochimaru wants another conflict between Naruto and Sasuke? In which case I guess it's inevitable, so yeah, why not have Kabuto tell Sakura. Normally I don't think Kabuto would willingly give information without a cause and I suppose this is one case, and Sakura's own information about Sasori that she just revealed to Kabuto may prompt him to give some info back. "Well, since you told me that, I'll tell you this..."

maggi
February 13, 2006, 07:55 PM
you kow. i think the obious thing that is gonna happen in the following chapters is that, naruto is going to thow the rasengan of his mouth and do alot of damage to orochimaru.sakura will stay fighting vs kabuto and yamato is going to try to stop naruto. while naruto is beating up orochimaru. naruto is gonna do alot of damage to orochimaru and then that's when yamato is going to but in. but before yamato can do anything naruto is going to attack him. while sakura has already beat up kabuto and goes toward her team. :narutokyu then sakura is going to see naruto in his horrofying form. then he's going to do a new attack and boom! explode most of the area but yamato does a protection with seals and protects sakura. :shannaro

Galth
February 13, 2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah, orochimaru wants to test sasuke vs naruto, since he will be able to see if his protégé ( pupil ) wil have grown more then naruto to show he is a better sensei then jiraiya and if sasuke loses he will see the value of the jinchuuriki, which ofcourse may well still be a goal of him, being from Akatsuki in the past and all... so probably kabuto will give them a hint to sasuke's whereabouts or tell them something about sasuke's growth etc to taunt them... that will in the future lead them to eachother or something like that... awesome...

Miso
February 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
I would also agree that Oro is aiming for a Sasuke vs. Naruto fight. After all it fits his personality well. He has always looked down on Naruto while praising Sasuke as a prodigy. Alongside the symbolic meaning of this fight (genius (Oro/Sasuke) vs. unrefined (Jiraya/Naruto)) it would be a chance to proof that his opinions and mannerism was always correct: a talentless brat can't even win with a jinchuriiki against an advanced and developped bloodline technique.

Snake1786
February 14, 2006, 12:56 PM
I would also agree that Oro is aiming for a Sasuke vs. Naruto fight. After all it fits his personality well. He has always looked down on Naruto while praising Sasuke as a prodigy. Alongside the symbolic meaning of this fight (genius (Oro/Sasuke) vs. unrefined (Jiraya/Naruto)) it would be a chance to proof that his opinions and mannerism was always correct: a talentless brat can't even win with a jinchuriiki against an advanced and developped bloodline technique.
Yes thats True. I think that Jiraya and Orichimaru had the same relationship as Sasuke and Naruto so..

Galth
February 14, 2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, jiraiya said so himself, that his live and naruto's are similar ( and kakashi said that the life of the shodai hokage and the other statue at the 'valley of the end' are also similar to naruto's and sasuke's life, is that other person the shodai mizukage or something? )

Phonox
February 14, 2006, 04:59 PM
Does someone know whatever happened to those Akatsuki guys who were watching in the beginning?

Galth
February 14, 2006, 05:15 PM
Does someone know whatever happened to those Akatsuki guys who were watching in the beginning?

When exactly? What do you name 'the beginning'? There have been many sightings of Akatsuki so far, namely:
1. Itachi and Kisame came for Naruto before Sasuke went off to Orochimaru and fought the leaf jounin we know and later on Sasuke and Jiraiya for a little while... they're still alive
2. Zetsu saw the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.
3. Deidara and Sasori fought and kidnapped Gaara and fought Kankouro later on for a while
4. Zetsu spotted the leafs approaching the Akatsuki cave
5. Itachi and Kisame fought the leafs before they could reach Gaara.
6. Sasori fought Chiyo and Sakura
7. Deidara fought Naruto and Kakashi
8. Zetsu and Tobi collected Sasori's ring and met Deidara at the location where he 'dropped' his arm :D

is that all?

Phonox
February 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
When exactly? What do you name 'the beginning'?

Sorry, I meant the guys who where watching and commenting from afar. I think it was right after oro revealed himself.

Galth
February 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
I still don't know what you mean, Orochimaru revealing himself at the assault on Konoha? I did not know there were Akatsuki around then if there were... and Orochimaru revealing himself in those last few chapters... i don't know about any Akatsuki watching there either...

Predator
February 14, 2006, 05:40 PM
This is not the right place to talk about this, but I think Phonox is refering to Itachi and Kisame right after the failed Invasion of Leaf Village. They were commenting then.

Galth
February 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
Ah, if they were there, i forgot about it, but if he meant something else it COULD be on-topic, right? :) anyways, apart from sasori and deidara all members are doing just fine except for kisame, who almost died at a sushi bar being mistaken for a fishy, and will hunt another jinchuuriki when the extracting 'statue' is ready again? Will we see any of them appearing next chapters during this fight? what do you think?

Gold Knight
February 14, 2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I think Phonox probably meant Itachi and Kisame at the start of chapter 139 =)

Ah, if they were there, i forgot about it, but if he meant something else it COULD be on-topic, right? :) anyways, apart from sasori and deidara all members are doing just fine except for kisame, who almost died at a sushi bar being mistaken for a fishy, and will hunt another jinchuuriki when the extracting 'statue' is ready again? Will we see any of them appearing next chapters during this fight? what do you think?

I don't think we will see the Akatsuki for a while, I felt that way after we last saw Deidara, Zetsu and Tobi. I think it won't be until the next story arc.

mageofdeath
February 14, 2006, 06:32 PM
I have a feeling that Oro isn't really Oro but Sasuke instead, I can just feel it, I don't know how I know but I do...
that being said, it has to be sasuke because either Oro is ultra fast and can dodge what even a sharingan user could not (chakra arms) or Sasuke can see them coming...
I believe everyone is thrown off right now because when Naruto initially hit him, we got to see the "face" of the container he obtained, but really it could be sasuke because he may have copied the face jutsu from Oro...
One thing that leads me to thinking its sasuke, is because Oro uses a lot of genjutsu and a lot of cheapo tricks (sharpest Katana, summoning dead people, intimidating genjutsu) and so far the only thing oro has really used are snake ninjutsu and of course sharingan people are skilled in ninjutsu (ability to copy) so its gotta be Sasuke, unless Oro busts out some ridiculous cheapo jutsu in the next chapter to prove me wrong...
So I predict that next chapter Naruto will pwn "oro" and keep going berserk forcing Sasuke to lose his disguise and then everyone will be focused on containing naruto at which point Oro shows up and takes yamato, also at that point Sai is going to attempt to kill Sasuke (I'm guessing thats his mission, why else would he try to leave the fight so early on) but Kabuto will almost kill Sai to protect oro's investment and Naruto will save sai after un-kyuubing himself after seeing sasuke...

Koike88
February 14, 2006, 06:36 PM
I doubt it's Sasuke instead of Orochimaru since Sasuke couldn't be so powerful without the help of the cursed seal...
That's why he searched power (I guess).
There is something strange going on though since Orochimaru isn't using any ninjutsu...
You could call it Taijutsu but I think he is only summoning and producing snakes, that dirty bastard.:D

girlsfavtoy
February 14, 2006, 08:00 PM
I don't think Oro can use any hand seal jutsus. His arms are sealed remember?

venicia777
February 14, 2006, 08:25 PM
I don't think Oro can use any hand seal jutsus.  His arms are sealed remember?

i dont know much about that. i remember kabuto helping him to summon manda when they fought the other sanin. maybe when oro gets inside a container he can use the containers soul's hands like in a union and understanding of 2 souls so as to be able to use handseals. anyways- it is pure guesswork too.

C4animax
February 14, 2006, 08:27 PM
Definitly not sasuke how could he reveal that yamato is a child he took for experiment etc etc
I agree with the theory that orochimarru can use hand seal using the container's hands...

donkeyhigh
February 14, 2006, 10:37 PM
Definitly not sasuke how could he reveal that yamato is a child he took for experiment  etc etc
I agree with the theory that  orochimarru can use hand seal using the container's hands...

du-uh..
I thought this was obvious..
Why would Orochimaru want Sasukes eyes to copy ninjutsus if he couldn't use them?
Also, Kabuto told Orochimaru that he had to change bodies quickly, or his hands would be completely fucked. That's why he took that other dudes body while waiting for Sasuke.
Also, in the anime, you can see Orochimaru using his hands.
Chase closed, Orochimaru have taken 100% controll over the new body-container he uses, and can controll it physicly to do whatever he wants.
Although he only owns it like 99% mentally, because the previous owner of the body still lives in Orochimarus' sub-conciouncness.

KRNseraphim
February 14, 2006, 10:39 PM
it cant be sasuke because we saw his face get ripped and that guy is arashi (for those non-anime viewers) and thats the face of the guy who orochimaru took over while waiting for sasuke

Galth
February 14, 2006, 11:56 PM
That guy appeared in the manga too, though i don't know if they announce his name, he was the sole survivor of Orochimaru's 'let all prisoners fight eachother to see who is the strongest' party, after which he took his body over ( during the lee+gaara vs kimmimaro fight)

glasskatana
February 15, 2006, 12:06 AM
By the way Orochimaru says that the deepest desires or whatever from the body that he takes over become remnants in his subconscious. Would this mean that if Sasuke became stupid enough, that he would let Oro take over his body so that Oro would kill Itachi with Sasuke's body satisfying Sasuke's wish Perhaps if Sasuke thought he was still too weak to do it. As for predictions Yamato using a lot of energy and risking if not giving his life to help Naruto is still my guess. Though I heard somewhere that the name of the next chapter is selflessness so It may end up being Sakura who risks her life to help Naruto. Anyway maybe Naruto can only gain control over the Kyuubi's powers through 'justified rage' like if he wants to protect Sakura and Oro hurts her or some crap like that.

mageofdeath
February 15, 2006, 02:04 AM
Definitly not sasuke how could he reveal that yamato is a child he took for experiment etc etc
I agree with the theory that orochimarru can use hand seal using the container's hands...

oh yeah I forgot about that...
the oro knowing about yamato part...

devo
February 15, 2006, 02:09 AM
By the way Orochimaru says that the deepest desires or whatever from the body that he takes over become remnants in his subconscious. Would this mean that if Sasuke became stupid enough, that he would let Oro take over his body so that Oro would kill Itachi with Sasuke's body satisfying Sasuke's wish Perhaps if Sasuke thought he was still too weak to do it?

God knows Sasuke's done enough stupid things to achieve his goal of killing Itachi, so that's not completely out of the question. However, I really doubt Kishimoto would write that happening. For whatever reason, Sasuke is extremely popular among Shounen Jump readers, and I don't think they'd be pleased with Sasuke basically being written out of the story. Also, it'd be completely devastating to Naruto, who would have spent the last three years of his life to try and prevent exactly that from happening. It's a really interesting idea, and it's certainly in line with both Orochimaru and Sasuke's characters, sure, but it'd be such a depressing ending to the saga that I doubt it'd happen.

girlsfavtoy
February 15, 2006, 02:46 AM
Who knows Kishi might make another manga using sasuke. About what he does after killing off itachi. Face it, sasuke's role in naruto is pretty much over after he does that.

UzumakiRoman
February 15, 2006, 03:28 AM
not really because he still needs to revive his clan or if u want a strange twist maybe he kills orochimaru but takes his place as a sly S-Rank missing nin, or maybe he starts his own akatsuki or organization. that would be a big problem for Naruto as the sixth or seventh Hokage!..lol

Gold Knight
February 15, 2006, 03:41 AM
Concerning the Orochimaru-is-Sasuke theory, yeah, I agree with pjoto there. It's Oro, not Sasuke, if for no other reason than he immediately recognized Yamato as an experiment of his own. Was an interesting theory though, mageofdeath, and, in the world of shinobi where anything could be an illusion, it was certainly possible :thumbs

As for Sasuke accepting to be part of Orochimaru in order to kill Itachi, I doubt Sasuke would want to give somebody else the satisfaction of killing the one person he wants to not only beat, but also acknowledge him. In fact, you've just led me to thinking that this may be how Sasuke and Orochimaru eventually will separate - as a result of Orochimaru needing Sasuke before Sasuke's able to accomplish his goal in killing Itachi.

Which is likely the reason Kishimoto isn't going to cover the Akatsuki's downfall until after Sasuke leaves Orochimaru's group.

KRNseraphim
February 15, 2006, 03:47 AM
iono i really wanna see more of akatsuki and for some reason i know zetsu is watching naruto and orochimaru fighting and relaying it to the akatsuki members telling them about how strong naruto is or isnt or how pathetic orochimaru is or isnt and i wish in 295 they would show more about akatsuki since they're so mysterious like more of their real motives...who knows maybe sai is actually a "to-be" akatsuki member or something messed up like that, but then again his devotion to konoha seems real but who knows about an emotionless prick like him

Gold Knight
February 15, 2006, 03:57 AM
But at the same if they DID go to the Akatsuki in chapter 295 it would frustrate everybody who wants to see what happens when Naruto lets go of that dark chakra ball... and it would interrupt the action, though I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of pages at the end.

I still say the Akatsuki won't come back until the next story arc though. Part of the Akatsuki's appeal is its mystery and it helps the story move forward and keep the readers in suspense.

Remember how long it took for Itachi and Kisame to re-appear (not counting Sasuke's flashback during the Rescue of Sasuke arc).

All the way from Chapter 148 to chapter 238. Almost 100 chapters. And really more than that, because Itachi didn't come back into action again until Part 2 ( and really, he hasn't even really done anything since that was a clone... heh. )

As for Sai, nah, I don't think he's going to be an Akatsuki. Though I'm starting to doubt myself, I used to think Sai couldn't be related to Deidara, but every time I re-read chapter 287 and see that kid on the book Sai mentioned was his brother's, it does look like a child version of Deidara. I also can't help but think that Sai could have changed his name to hide the fact that he wasn't originally a Konoha ninja.

glasskatana
February 15, 2006, 05:59 AM
I keep having this vision that in a chapter coming soon maybe 295 maybe a little after that the last panel in the bottom of the last page will simply be a sharingan eye looking at Naruto giving the readers the cliffhanger suspense 'OMG is it Sasuke... Oh wait it could be Itachi ... Crap now I'm going to obsess over this for the next week' that Kishi always does. Do you think this could be a probable ending to one of the next chapters or am I just being an Psychotic. well I already am psychotic. Am i being extra-specially psychotic.

Gold Knight
February 15, 2006, 06:09 AM
Nah, you're just a Narutard ;D

hatakescarecrow
February 15, 2006, 06:45 AM
I keep having this vision that in a chapter coming soon maybe 295 maybe a little after that the last panel in the bottom of the last page will simply be a sharingan eye looking at Naruto giving the readers the cliffhanger suspense 'OMG is it Sasuke... Oh wait it could be Itachi ... Crap now I'm going to obsess over this for the next week' that Kishi always does. Do you think this could be a probable ending to one of the next chapters or am I just being an Psychotic. well I already am psychotic. Am i being extra-specially psychotic.

Yes u are obssesed seek help by begging kishimoto for the complete chp 295 now!!!!

Gold Knight
February 15, 2006, 06:54 AM
^ I'll let that one pass since my own post was kind of irrelevent, but no more agony spamming past this point please :amuse

SacredNic
February 15, 2006, 08:41 AM
I think that Naruto will injure Oro, and then Sai will interfere by using a Sealing technique that robs Naruto of his power before can finish him off. Oro will use this opportunity to escape (and Kabuto as well).

The effect that the jutsu will have on Naruto will be life threatening and Sakura will use her medical jutsu to save him.  :noworry

Yamato will persue Sai for the scroll with the partially-sealed power of the Kyuubi.

Once Naruto comes around, Sakura will ask Naruto to promise her never to rely on the powers of the Kyuubi again.

Remus
February 15, 2006, 11:11 AM
I think that Naruto will injure Oro, and then Sai will interfere by using a Sealing technique that robs Naruto of his power before can finish him off. Oro will use this opportunity to escape (and Kabuto as well).

The effect that the jutsu will have on Naruto will be life threatening and Sakura will use her medical jutsu to save him. :noworry

Yamato will persue Sai for the scroll with the partially-sealed power of the Kyuubi.

Once Naruto comes around, Sakura will ask Naruto to promise her never to rely on the powers of the Kyuubi again.

I dun think Sai can possibly stop Naruto.
Naruto would rip him apart if he interferes.
Also Sai isnt that stupid to interfere in a fight of Monsters.
So please drop the Sai is da MAN predictions. If Kishi creates a stronger anti-hero than Sasuke the story is fucked.

P.S.: Where to gain Ki ? I want Ki as well... -_-"

C4animax
February 15, 2006, 11:59 AM
du-uh..
I thought this was obvious..
Why would Orochimaru want Sasukes eyes to copy ninjutsus if he couldn't use them?
Also, Kabuto told Orochimaru that he had to change bodies quickly, or his hands would be completely fucked. That's why he took that other dudes body while waiting for Sasuke.
Also, in the anime, you can see Orochimaru using his hands.
Chase closed, Orochimaru have taken 100% controll over the new body-container he uses, and can controll it physicly to do whatever he wants.
Although he only owns it like 99% mentally, because the previous owner of the body still lives in Orochimarus' sub-conciouncness.

Well i know that the other dude not :p

Who knows Kishi might make another manga using sasuke. About what he does after killing off itachi. Face it, sasuke's role in naruto is pretty much over after he does that.

They will have the mission to eradicate the akatsuki, if naruto gets sasuke(he could retreat on his own this time who knows) back they can be the team 7 they used to be and go after itachi then itachi could be with the leader in the last fight or watever so sasuke still have a roll to play here.

Miso
February 15, 2006, 12:14 PM
Plus we don't know if there will be another story arc after Akatsuki is finished off. You never know, he?
I mean, b4 we get to know Akatsuki, Oro was the main villain. You could have said that the whole story is finished after killing Orochimaru. But then Itachi and the other Akatsuki entered. So we have some evil guys to defeat again. Plot saved. ;)
Of course at the moment the story is heading into Sasuke killing Itachi in some time. But as long Naruto stays this popular and Kishi still has the intention to go on we will see the story process further.

As for a prediction for the upcoming chapters: what if Sasuke will be pwned by Itachi or another Akatsuki? :darn
At the moment we assume that it's not that likely because we all predict that he will be insanely strong but what if....? We don't know the other Akatsuki yet...
Another idea: what if Sai kills Sasuke? We don't know his powers at the moment. Perhaps he's stronger than Sasuke will be. Ok, but then again we need a reason why he'll do that...any ideas on your side?

PS: Sasuke-lovers don't kill me for my "Sasuke-will-be-dead-ideas" :p

UzumakiRoman
February 15, 2006, 01:10 PM
PS: Sasuke-lovers don't kill me for my "Sasuke-will-be-dead-ideas" :p

i will not shun you for that, i do like sasuke but i'm not a sasuke freak.. *cough*..sakura..*cough*..ino..*cough*
but to tell you the truth i doubt sasuke is ready for itachi, i have no doubt the gap in experience and power is still there even if oro is teachin him stuff!!!

walkie
February 15, 2006, 01:40 PM
Another idea: what if Sai kills Sasuke? We don't know his powers at the moment. Perhaps he's stronger than Sasuke will be. Ok, but then again we need a reason why he'll do that...any ideas on your side?

PS: Sasuke-lovers don't kill me for my "Sasuke-will-be-dead-ideas"  :p

sai called sasuke a piece of trash because he betrayed village and his friends...i dont think he said that just to piss off naruto, he really believes that..so if he saw sasuke, for sai he is just a ninja should be killed..but i do not think that sai will kill him..he is no match for naruto and sasuke :p

Leen
February 15, 2006, 02:29 PM
I dont think that Sai is capable in defeating both Naruto and Sasuke no matter how strong he is. Naruto and Sasuke are meant to be the main characters for this series and there is no way that Kishi is going to make them lose to Sai who is just a replacement for Sasuke's absence.

Orochimaru will find the orb troublesome next chapter and he might get some injuries from it. However, he wont die and he will still fight. We wont see 5 tails and Yamato will try to control the situation by trying to head towards Naruto and assist him in his fight while Sakura will take care of Kabuto. Sai might just fly away with his bird to his secret mission.

kubaya
February 15, 2006, 02:47 PM
all i know is this fight is too big to end in merely 2-4 chapters....i think early 300's we'll see the extent of the damage done to naruto by kyuubi.
i do think sai may be related to deidara in some way (art based jutsus..?) as both dei and sai show interest in naruto as a jinchuuriki.
yamato seems to be a veeeerry skilled ninja and we all saw the strength of mokuton jutsu (hokage/oro) so i do not think he will let sai take naruto away when he is vulnerable.

SacredNic
February 15, 2006, 07:07 PM
I dun think Sai can possibly stop Naruto.
Naruto would rip him apart if he interferes.

I didn't say that he'd stop Naruto... I said that he'd use a sealing technique, and a chakra one at that, so the effect it would have would cause Naruto to revert back to human form. Jaraiya used one such technique on the black flames after their encounter with Itachi.

If Naruto is focused on Oro during the fight, then it leaves an opening for Sai to get in close.

Also Sai isnt that stupid to interfere in a fight of Monsters.

I never said or even suggest that he would.

So please drop the Sai is da MAN predictions. If Kishi creates a stronger anti-hero than Sasuke the story is fucked.

I never said Sai was 'da MAN', or did I say he was an anti-hero. It has been suggested numerous times that he is on a mission that puts Naruto at risk. It's highly likely that he's going to do something that will put Team 7 in danger.

KRNseraphim
February 15, 2006, 07:22 PM
i think sai would be stronger then sasuke because usually if you call someone trash it means you look down on them both because of their moral decisions and their lack of power, and sai doesnt seem to be the overconfident type (well sorta he does but still he's so emotionless you cant really tell) so i think he truly believes that sasuke is weak since his morals are so weak but who knows cuz we've seen no where close to sai's real abilities and the same goes with shino (i know that came out of nowhere but seriously think about it shino you havent seen him do anything he's gonna be hella strong in my opinion) sai has to be strong for him to be sent on such a high ranking mission and for danzo to pick him over all this subordinates has to mean something and of course sai's there for team 7's danger i mean it would be boring if he was actually there for a legit reason he's so crooked he makes richard simmonds seem straight

ShadwsofArchonia
February 15, 2006, 08:46 PM
Sai's strong, but not strong as Naruto in his current stage. Naruto would wipe the floor with pieces of Sai's body if they were to fight, if.

Secondly, Richard Simmons...ewwww...*locks and load assual rifles, rocket launchers and lots and lots of miniguns* that guy scares me.

donkeyhigh
February 15, 2006, 10:15 PM
True.. true..

EDIT:
1. When does the spoilers normally come around?
2. Zenith, are you the same Zenith as from the Norwegian AQ2 community?

Sephy7KillerMech
February 15, 2006, 11:36 PM
hey everyone, i haven't read through this entire thread but i thought i should point something out. NOBODY can shoot beams or throw chakra balls because chakra has to move through something, i believe this was explained fairly early in the anime, perhaps during or right after the chuunin exams. I could be wrong and i don't have a direct quote but i'm almost 100% on this. Naruto will NOT be shooting beams from that ball or throwing it. Of course if it is mixed with his blood i suppose he could shoot it O.o... but my prediction is that we will see more fighting and Sai's plan will be revealed!

Reiya
February 15, 2006, 11:54 PM
The suspense is killing me, come out with the next chapter!

Yet you wonder how Sasuke can do the Fire Style: Grand Fireball Skill when the fire is made from chakra...

glasskatana
February 16, 2006, 12:03 AM
well i'm not sure if pjoto is correct bu as for that the chakra in Sasuke's fireball technique was used to make the fire, the chakra itself is not being fired. I have the feeling that Naruto may end up absorbing/eating that ball of chakra. But I really have no definite feelings on the chakra ball of doom.

Sephy7KillerMech
February 16, 2006, 12:17 AM
The seals create everything from the molded chakra. What i was saying is that chakra can't exist alone outside of the body, so we will never ever ever ever ever ever ever see beams and balls being thrown or blasted and if I do ever see that I may just lose faith in this anime/manga. I think that the original creator (kishimoto?) wanted this to be very disticntly different from dragon ball, so if naruto shoots that ball of chakra, how is it different? Also, something has to happen to make naruto stop doing this, he can't keep transforming and depending on the fox every single battle he gets into, he's basicly a brawler right now and not a ninja. Something needs to happen soon that will make him want to learn to be skilled instead of just strong. He's smart he just doesn't use it.

<EDIT> oh and about Sasuke being stupid and doing all this to get revenge against Itachi. I believe we can think of the cursed seal as a drug, it alters your way of thinking, I don't think Sasuke would have ever left the village if Oro hadn't bitten him. I believe the longer he has the seal and the more he uses it the more he will become like Kimmimaro. Also, unless Kabuto has a cursed seal i believe there may be more to him than just another mindless servant of Oro's, Kabuto seems HIGHLY intelligent.

girlsfavtoy
February 16, 2006, 12:27 AM
^^

Jeese... Where do you think Naruto has been doing the last 2.5 years... Learning how to go 4-tails? This is where the `that jutsu` comes into play.

glasskatana
February 16, 2006, 12:39 AM
one problem, just what is that jutsu. What kind of jutsu do you think it is. do you think Naruto may use it soon. Perhaps after he regains controll he'll use it to escape with his team leaving Oro and kabuto to deal with 'that jutsu' There's absolutely no info, not even a hint. with lee's 'that jutsu' there were at least some hints. he uses pure taijutsu the time where he first brawled with sasuke and was removing the bandages so on so forth. So far the only greatly enhanced skill Naruto has shown is his ability to make controll and use kage bunshins, which he does exceptionally well.

Sephy7KillerMech
February 16, 2006, 12:49 AM
'that jutsu' that characters aren't supposed to use is usually life threatening.. for Chouji it was the third pill, for lee it's the third gate, sasuke it's the third chidori, for naruto i'm assuming it's got to be something like that, something Jiraiya taught him so he can protect his friends, something powerfull. He obviously can't protect his friends with 4 tails out :p

<EDIT> I have one more prediction! I don't think Oro is really there at all. We've seen Kage bunshin no jutsu and we have seen wood clones and water clones, why not snake clones? it would explain why Oro is never taking damage, he is probably running around in the forest hunting wabbits while his clone is fighting Naruto and learning about his abilities.

glasskatana
February 16, 2006, 02:23 AM
I don't think Orochimaru would let a snake clone or for that matter any kind of clone take on Sasori with only Kabuto to help. Remember, originally Orochimaru and Kabuto had gone there not to fight with Naruto at all but to kill Sasori.

Kyuubi no Yoko
February 16, 2006, 02:48 AM
I don't think Orochimaru would let a snake clone or for that matter any kind of clone take on Sasori with only Kabuto to help. Remember, originally Orochimaru and Kabuto had gone there not to fight with Naruto at all but to kill Sasori.

Who says only a snake clone came? When Orochimaru was watching from the far side of the bridge, that could have been when he made the clone (and it was the clone that came out to Kabuto's aid). Or when Naruto sent Orochimaru flying off into the forrest, it could have possibly been a clone that came back to the bridge with his face disguise torn.

crakbaby23
February 16, 2006, 02:50 AM
hmm we cant really tell wat the hell that black sphere of doom is for, i mean, we still have no idea wat demon chakra is really capable of, they did say kyuubi cud cause tsunami's, topple mountains and other stuff with just a wave of his tails, heck it might actually be some big kyubimehameha blah blah, or wat i would prefer it to be is after he gathers the energy, he holds it in place and runs right into oro with it, maybe kyuubi was listening on the rasengan lesson :)

Tanuki-dono
February 16, 2006, 05:48 AM
Just a thought on the Black Sphere of Doom, as our dear crakbaby23 dubs it. Some people think Kyuubi might consume, or "eat" it, but then why would there be the whirling of the tails? My thinking is that it has have some kind of major destructive power...outwardly. It might be a beam, but probably not. With the way Kyuubi can manipulate his limbs to reach out, he doesn't really need a beam, I don't think. He seems to get to Orochimaru pretty easily without having to shoot something at him. I'm still leaning towards some kid of whirling technique like Rasengan. Maybe. (Watch me be dead wrong. >.> )

Hermie
February 16, 2006, 07:38 AM
Raw out (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1288.0). ;)

Kyuubi no Yoko
February 16, 2006, 07:42 AM
Well.... Orochimaru continues to prove he is a complete and total freak of nature.
Kyuubi-Naruto's attack certainly packed a punch, to say the least.
And I think we are going to be seeing a 5th tail very shortly...

Hermie
February 16, 2006, 07:43 AM
lmao @ the pwned Oro pic. :D

Leen
February 16, 2006, 07:56 AM
Oro is superb. He can move faster and act better than he used to be. I cant believe he can sctually fight with 4 tails so equally or maybe he even has an edge over Naruto.

Kyuubi no Yoko
February 16, 2006, 08:01 AM
Really I don't think that's going to last. He's still toying with Naruto, but I think that a 5th tail is going to appear, and Oro will start to change is tune.

hatakescarecrow
February 16, 2006, 08:01 AM
with the power invested in me, i hereby classify oro as god.

Kyuubi no Yoko
February 16, 2006, 08:04 AM
With the power invested in me, I hereby classify Oro as freak. ;)

hatakescarecrow
February 16, 2006, 08:07 AM
summoning 3 gates to defend himself and still gets hit

deidara13
February 16, 2006, 08:14 AM
with the power invested in me, i hereby classify oro as god.

I second that

something tells me sakura is about to get a little piece of the Kyubi rage

HellbentTheGreatShinobi
February 16, 2006, 08:16 AM
OMG! 4-tailed Naruto knocked down in just one hit!
What is that jutsu Oro's been using? :o

hatakescarecrow
February 16, 2006, 08:17 AM
OMG! 4-tailed Naruto knocked down in just one!
What is that jutsu Oro's been using?

Noting. Just kusanagi piercing 4-tailed naruto apart.

Dracul
February 16, 2006, 08:18 AM
Orochimaru >>>> Everyone we've seen so far? Unfortunately yes. This is a kage level battle, and orochimaru seems to be in control of the situation. I don't forsee his demise anytime soon, and i definately support all of the claims of him being the container for the 8 tails.

Majek
February 16, 2006, 08:19 AM
So the fight continues to be fun. Wow Kishi never thought you could do it.

hatakescarecrow
February 16, 2006, 08:21 AM
Orochimaru >>>> Everyone we've seen so far?  Unfortunately yes.  This is a kage level battle, and orochimaru seems to be in control of the situation.  I don't forsee his demise anytime soon, and i definately support all of the claims of him being the container for the 8 tails. 

U make no sense in this theory. If oro was 8 tails he would not want to switch bodies and lose the 8 tails. Unless he desperately wants sharingan and willing to trade something like that for a bloodline.

WingZer0
February 16, 2006, 08:24 AM
I doubt Oro's toying with KN. He looked pretty serious when the black orb of death was forming/going/shooting from his mouth. He also looked a bit pissed when he emerged with kusanagi... I think a 5th tail is highly probable as the title for next chapter can roughly translate to " Forget myself". I guess what ever little control he has now in 4th tail mode, since he's seems quite consious, will be totally gone next.  I highly doubt he'll be down due to that stab from oro though...

binkansarariman
February 16, 2006, 08:28 AM
hehehhe.. i thot on our last discussion some of us predicted that Naruto will EAT that orb.. kool!

hatakescarecrow
February 16, 2006, 10:44 AM
Now i truly see why akatsuki wants to kill oro so badly he's too much of aliability to them and he could just kill every jinchuuriki and thwart akatsuki's plans.

vpatton
February 16, 2006, 10:47 AM
The attack that Naruto did was something like a Chakra Railgun, a compressed form of matter or energy fired at a high velocity. I could only say “wow” after seeing the results of it.

downfox
February 16, 2006, 11:20 AM
Awsome chapter, Oro simply is amazing. That black orb of chakura was used as a bullet and took down Oro's ultimate defense. Again, this is an awsome chapter.

[ r u s h ]
February 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
the last thing i expected in this chapter was for naruto to eat that black chakra orb then fire it..

awesome chapter though.

Gold Knight
February 16, 2006, 12:09 PM
I agree, that was surprising. Dyroness called it the 'Burp of Doom.' Heh heh.

But I guess Orochimaru's just too much of a veteran to be taken off-guard - and it seems I was wrong about him being a clone made of snakes.

Miso
February 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
Dyroness called it the 'Burp of Doom.' Heh heh.

:rofl That's quite an accurate description.

What I really like of this chapter (as far as I've understood the translations) was "the embryonic Kyuubi". I'm looking forward Naruto's development.

And on a site note: Whoooa..Oro is sooo evil :notrust. "triple rashoumon technique" - what a technique!

Gold Knight
February 16, 2006, 12:49 PM
Indeed, he had to out-do Ukon and Sakon because he's after all Orochimaru :thumbs

Plus, these gates were really, really high!

DeadlySink
February 16, 2006, 01:20 PM
I can only say one thing...kamehameha! What an attack!
It looks like the battle'll continue without much text and, hey, is it just me or Sai's trying to do something?Perhaps he's only getting a good view.
Anyway I'm sure Orochimaru fans'll like this chapter, (next one we'll see Naruto kicking his ass) :amuse

Kickmeister
February 16, 2006, 01:33 PM
Kyuubi sure got pierced xD Sakura doesn't look all that relieved..

One Eyed Sharingan
February 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
Okay, at this point i can't decide which is scarier, 4 tailed Naruto or Oro.....
That chakra cannon is destructive allright...and still oro survived...
I dun think oro's attack injures naruto badly....naruto got ful chakra armor afterall....

BTW,, i can't stop laughing at the chapter's cover (Damn jiraiya....he's total oppsite of Oro)

Miso
February 16, 2006, 01:51 PM
I can only say one thing...kamehameha! What an attack!

Lol :rofl Now that you mention it...

It looks like the battle'll continue without much text and, hey, is it just me or Sai's trying to do something?Perhaps he's only getting a good view.

Poor Sai. He just don't get this much attention nowadys. :Haha

mercycubed
February 16, 2006, 02:13 PM
All the stops have been pulled out this battle. I think this is Oro and Naruto full power.

KaraShi
February 16, 2006, 02:53 PM
lol what a fight, i really hope it continues at least 2 more chapters.. for me this is one is the greatest fight ever in naruto, at least for now

ammaaranime
February 16, 2006, 03:05 PM
kool chapter...my first post...i like manga helpers :smile-big

newyz...yeah...couple of things...naruto's attack...haha *burp*...i like that...and remember that chapter of kiba and akamaru vs sakon and uko...they only dented the gate...One Gate...Kyubbi naruto took down all THREE...even though it is 3 years later i doubt kiba could do that...another thing...i don't get wut yamato sez bout how naruto is still able to move and all...plus even if naruto and oro are fighting at full power...naruto still has 5 more tails left to pop out...can't wait for that to hpn... :tem

but after all this is said and done...naruto himself is pretty weak...i mean w/out the kyubi wut is he???

lolz...enuph w/ my ramblings...can't wait for 296 :darn

uji-tiger
February 16, 2006, 03:06 PM
Kishimoto just prooved he does love mythology, The Orochi fighting the Kyuubi with the Kusanagi sword (the Orochi could only defeat the strongest of all by use of the Kusanagi sword). Interesting. Can't wait till next week.

jKiM
February 16, 2006, 03:27 PM
An okay chapter, but it was a bit of a let down. Probably because of last week's 'preview'; 'curtains fall' and 'selflessness', my ass.

unimatrixzer0
February 16, 2006, 03:30 PM
To bad kyuubi Naruto doesn't use any Jutsu's. The only reason Oro even has a chance of winning is because he keeps popping out one jutsu after another. Oro's been jumping around the whole area while Naruto has just been standing still in one spot launching attacks. I think 4 tailed Kyuubi-Naruto has more chakra than Oro, but isn't really using it besides of that chakra bullet or whatever. Maybe if he would actually MOVE and go into close range combat, things could change.

I think Naruto is going to be fine. I mean Sasuke chidori'ed right into Naruto's arm and he just healed.

If this was Oro of the past, he'd probably already be dead. Unless he could reattach himself or pop out a new body from his mouth. I Oro is that sick, you gotta wonder how strong the Akatsuki leader is.

Ero SR-71
February 16, 2006, 03:59 PM
Kishimoto just prooved he does love mythology, The Orochi fighting the Kyuubi with the Kusanagi sword (the Orochi could only defeat the strongest of all by use of the Kusanagi sword). Interesting. Can't wait till next week.

that's for sure
And he can only make me mad about what going to happen in next chapters

I'd like so much little kyuubi to damage the kusanagi like in the myth.
anyway i think oro is going to be so much in trouble when naruto will be ok.
kyuubi's chakra is protecting him so he can't be injured badly and for a long time

But Oro really is good. To bad he isn't as cool as ero-senin

venicia777
February 16, 2006, 04:08 PM
To bad kyuubi Naruto doesn't use any Jutsu's. The only reason Oro even has a chance of winning is because he keeps popping out one jutsu after another. Oro's been jumping around the whole area while Naruto has just been standing still in one spot launching attacks. I think 4 tailed Kyuubi-Naruto has more chakra than Oro, but isn't really using it besides of that chakra bullet or whatever. Maybe if he would actually MOVE and go into close range combat, things could change.

I think Naruto is going to be fine. I mean Sasuke chidori'ed right into Naruto's arm and he just healed.

If this was Oro of the past, he'd probably already be dead. Unless he could reattach himself or pop out a new body from his mouth. I Oro is that sick, you gotta wonder how strong the Akatsuki leader is.

it isnt too bad in my opinion- naruto just used the 4-tailed transformation just for the second time. He hasnt mastered it fully yet. you dont expect him to be able to start using all kinds of tricks in just 2 tries.
and the fight just began- we dont know how many more chapters will follow - so we may have a few more tricks up narutos sleeve.
and sure naruto is going to be fine- as well as Oro- these are the hero and villain of the story- they will survive and face off again.

i presume sakura will jump into the fight- and probably help naruto gain better control of this stage. but with just 16 pages there might not be many fighting scenes

Tanuki-dono
February 16, 2006, 04:47 PM
Haha. You guys were on the money about him consumign the Ball of Doom! :smile-big

KRNseraphim
February 16, 2006, 05:09 PM
he actually shot that chakra -_-;; boo to dbz mimicing!! but still insane fight

crakbaby23
February 16, 2006, 05:21 PM
i think the reason oro was actually able to get the upper hand with kusanagi is simple, he is a ninja, they are all freakin sneaky theiving bunch anyway, and naruto right now is nothin but a looney animal, its really about intelligence here, not raw power, altho naruto did use kyuumehameha oro was smart enough to not take a direct hit

"he actually shot that chakra -_-;; boo to dbz mimicing!! but still insane fight"

yeh but atleast kishi gave a good reason for it, unlike dbz and its not like naruto can use it for 24 hrs a day, coughGokuCough

venicia777
February 16, 2006, 07:49 PM
i think the reason oro was actually able to get the upper hand with kusanagi is simple, he is a ninja, they are all freakin sneaky theiving bunch anyway, and naruto right now is nothin but a looney animal, its really about intelligence here, not raw power, altho naruto did use kyuumehameha oro was smart enough to not take a direct hit

"he actually shot that chakra -_-;; boo to dbz mimicing!! but still insane fight"

yeh but atleast kishi gave a good reason for it, unlike dbz and its not like naruto can use it for 24 hrs a day, coughGokuCough

that is true. but one reason i think why naruto is standing still is because he is a miniature kyuubi. and he got hit by kusanagi's sword - but i also think he knows he can regerate. and look at it this way- naruto can hold onto that sword right now and give Oro some good pounding.

kadoman
February 16, 2006, 08:04 PM
Hmmm...I'm getting a little tired of Naruto/Kuubi V Oro now...just wishing they'd get it over with.

Now that I've gotten over the initial novelty value of Naruto turning into a little rampaging fox, it's really Oro who has been entertaining me. I gotta say, my respect for the ol' Oro is on the increase. He's full of surprises, never seems to use the same trick more than once (twice?) has taken his fair share of knocks (and keeps grossing me out panel after panel)! He's a smug b*stard but at least he's got that much depth to him. Naruto as the fox is kinda wearing thin...I wish he'd really do something...intelligent!

woush
February 16, 2006, 08:10 PM
Ah! I bet nobody remember what jiraiya said before they left for the mission...
jiraiya said something like "don't use that jutsu" i wonder if he was talking about the 4th tail... i mean... I don't think naruto is controlling it and thats not really a jutsu -.-

Galth
February 16, 2006, 08:16 PM
Actually, we did remember, it was discussed in the 294 Discussion thread or this one... Conclusion ( until further theories are spouted to kill this off ;) ) :
1. The jutsu can not be one used by the Kyuubi-Naruto, as telling someone not to use a jutsu when he has no control over his body isn't that handy... if you know what i mean...
2. the jutsu hasn't been used yet ( oodama rasengan was used way to casually to be the jutsu-that-should-not-be-used... )

addition:
3. this black blob obviously wasn't it... though it was frikkin' evil! :p, what worries me though, when you saw Naruto swelling up before he spit the ball out again... did it cause some serious damage to his body? i think it would kinda hurt to have your body inflated like a balloon :tem

jKiM
February 16, 2006, 09:14 PM
kyuumehamehaHaha.

i think it would kinda hurt to have your body inflated like a balloonSo would growing an extra limb (or torso) outta nowhere. His body is...undefined at the moment, so yeah; I doubt it did any damage.

venicia777
February 16, 2006, 09:40 PM
Haha.
So would growing an extra limb (or torso) outta nowhere. His body is...undefined at the moment, so yeah; I doubt it did any damage.

i agree with you. i actually didnt think about this at all. i mean was it really narutos stomach that expanded that much- wow! His physiology really is undefined in this state.

ShgnLW
February 16, 2006, 09:46 PM
Naruto anime is gettin boring...

Naruto manga is gettin boring... I've seen enough of the kyuubi rampage... Oro kill him... quick...

Gold Knight
February 16, 2006, 10:05 PM
@ ShgnLW: D=

I think it's about time we finally had a full-fledged battle between Naruto and Orochimaru, though.

Miso
February 16, 2006, 10:30 PM
@ ShgnLW: D=

I think it's about time we finally had a full-fledged battle between Naruto and Orochimaru, though.

Actually Kishimoto tends to do those gigantic battles from time to time. Just remember the Sasuke-Naruto-clash.
Regarding power fights this one and the actual Oro-Naru-fight are highlights.

Gold Knight
February 16, 2006, 10:50 PM
Right. Though, I must admit this 'gigantic battle' comes a little too soon after the Sasori-Chiyo-Sakura feud.

HokageNaruto
February 16, 2006, 10:53 PM
im wondering if naruto is gonna catch orochimaru and make him shiver a bit, or if orochimaru is just plain fooling with naruto, i mean if orochimaru can just snicker at naruto during this kyubbi transformation then i wonder how strong he really is

Sarenji
February 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
But Oro's not fooling around anymore. He's no longer smiling, he's serious.

He also looked pretty angry when his face... popped out of the ground with the Kusanagi.

gallantpervert
February 17, 2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, Orochimaru's smiling because he's a sick bastard who's just unnaturally strong and talented...but he's deadly serious at this point in the fight; Naruto simply has too much raw power and malevolence to be taken lightly anymore. I love how Kishimoto has shown the change in Naruto's mindstate with his grinning, both in this chapter and when he first grew three tails.

I'm also convinced that Oro has the eight-tails power or is somehow connected to it. Kabuto's remark after Naruto's impaled that "he's more like the Nine Tails than ever before" can be read literally, or (as I am currently thinking) implied to mean that the eight-tails and nine-tails always get down like this and that Kyuubi occasionally get pwned in the process.

twoeyes
February 17, 2006, 01:10 AM
U make no sense in this theory. If oro was 8 tails he would not want to switch bodies and lose the 8 tails. Unless he desperately wants sharingan and willing to trade something like that for a bloodline.

What if orochimaru IS the 8 tails? Or perhaps its sealed in a different way, and as such that its eternally bound to his soul?

rocky123
February 17, 2006, 01:21 AM
I just want to see Naruto go back to his real shape :(

As for predicting, I can almost see sakura shidding tears... Then she calls out "NARUTO!!!!", then kyuubi naruto recognizes the voice... looks back and we can see his eyes half shut (the NARUTO eyes not the kyuubi)... and we would see sakura calling out naruto's name and swimming in space toward's the kyuubi seal gate (same way naruto was calling out for sasuke a few chapters back)... then she pulls naruto's hands out of the kyuubi gate... and naruto suddenly transforms back into his own self.. or at least calm down and have control over the situation...

If this happens you all owe me a buck.

Also, I think Naruto will break the kusange sword or whatever its called... and I can see him having the upperground next chapter (i.e he'll pwn orochi) :pwned

unimatrixzer0
February 17, 2006, 03:08 AM
^ Except that means that guy with the tree jutsu's has no purpose. His only purpose was because he can supposidly control the Kyuubi some how.

rocky123
February 17, 2006, 03:19 AM
he will try but he will fail, then sakura gotta do the job.

Remember the extent to which kyuubi seal is broken depends on naruto's feelings... it's triggered by emotions.

Sakura is probably most important person to naruto (she's not like kakashi or sasuke or iruka... he loves her, and we've seen how he fought for her against gaara).

So I'm confident that she will stop him.

Substance
February 17, 2006, 04:38 AM
pffft kishimoto needs to hurry the hell up with this manga/anime saga..... boring...........indeed!
but yeea..i believe sakura will be the only one who can truly, stop him but if this does happesn and he calms down and possibly loses the tails...i would love to see some new jutsu (besides the energy ball)

njt
February 17, 2006, 04:56 AM
I'm sure we will. We still have quite a few akatsuki members to check out :)

hatakescarecrow
February 17, 2006, 06:15 AM
Wow everyones watching the forest of death huh?
Face it unlike sasuke who still had part of his sanity when he faced the 3 sound ninja, Naruto has lost all of his sanity and Kyubi is now the boss.Only yamato can control him now.And kusunagi can't be broken.It plays a huge part in japanese lore and considered to be the excaliber of japan.If it breaks, i'll laugh until i die.

rocky123
February 17, 2006, 06:31 AM
Well I hope that gay thing breaks then.

I dont think Yamato will stop Naruto. He will try but will fail and risk his life.

Sakura will stop him though.

Orochi will get pwned.

hatakescarecrow
February 17, 2006, 06:36 AM
Well I hope that gay thing breaks then.

I dont think Yamato will stop Naruto. He will try but will fail and risk his life.

Sakura will stop him though.

Orochi will get pwned.

This should have went to the predictions thread

O yeah. don't take that comment to heart.I'm posting my views thats all.

maxhrk
February 17, 2006, 07:18 AM
Yamato probably has reason not to.. because he know Sai is somewhere hiding..so he have to wait until Sai reveals his true intention.. oh well! :)

girlsfavtoy
February 17, 2006, 07:38 AM
There was alot more to this chapter than the fight itself i think.

One was that Naruto seems to be able to move/cope with the immense chakara that the kyuubi is able to generate. Like all of the guesses made Naruto seems to have been choosen to have the kyuubi inside of him, rather than if he was the son of the 4th or the first infant that was available. Of course we don't know if it's because of the neckless or other reasons.

walkie
February 17, 2006, 09:43 AM
I just want to see Naruto go back to his real shape :(

As for predicting, I can almost see sakura shidding tears... Then she calls out "NARUTO!!!!", then kyuubi naruto recognizes the voice... looks back and we can see his eyes half shut (the NARUTO eyes not the kyuubi)... and we would see sakura calling out naruto's name and swimming in space toward's the kyuubi seal gate (same way naruto was calling out for sasuke a few chapters back)... then she pulls naruto's hands out of the kyuubi gate... and naruto suddenly transforms back into his own self.. or at least calm down and have control over the situation...

If this happens you all owe me a buck.

Also, I think Naruto will break the kusange sword or whatever its called... and I can see him having the upperground next chapter (i.e he'll pwn orochi)  :pwned

this is all i afraid of to be happen..but instead of naruto transforms  back himself he will not stop and even hurt sakura. sakura dont know naruto's mind is not clear and naruto's situation is different than curse seal. sakura better not involve, do not do something stupid.....even yamato is waiting for now

but it was a beam as it is expected...allthough it was an expected move, its power was impressing...but this incredible power was also expected...

hatakescarecrow
February 17, 2006, 09:51 AM
this is all i afraid of to be happen..but instead of naruto transforms  back himself he will not stop and even hurt sakura. sakura dont know naruto's mind is not clear and naruto's situation is different than curse seal. sakura better not involve, do not do something stupid.....even yamato is waiting for now

but it was a beam as it is expected...allthough it was an expected move, its power was impressing...but this incredible power was also expected...

Quoted for truth.Unless she wants to die, she better stay away for naruto.

cygnus
February 17, 2006, 09:46 PM
Who knows, maybe Naruto is actually in some sort of control at the moment from the inside??????

Not likely, but you never know. I just hope this rampage doesn't end in the cliche way everyone thinks it will....

xeleron
February 17, 2006, 10:12 PM
I wonder if it was naruto, not the kyuubi, who decided to eat the chakara ball to increase his power. Being a reckless powerful kyuubi seems to be, kyuubi probably never had to or thought about eating his own power to increase the medium? So maybe naruto is still in control of the fight somehow, not just kyuubi who is fighting?

Kyuubi no Yoko
February 18, 2006, 01:32 AM
I wonder if it was naruto, not the kyuubi, who decided to eat the chakara ball to increase his power. Being a reckless powerful kyuubi seems to be, kyuubi probably never had to or thought about eating his own power to increase the medium? So maybe naruto is still in control of the fight somehow, not just kyuubi who is fighting?

He wasn't eating the Chakra ball to increase his power. He was turning himself into a freaking cannon, the Chakra ball being the ammunition.

venicia777
February 18, 2006, 02:01 AM
pffft kishimoto needs to hurry the hell up with this manga/anime saga..... boring...........indeed!
but yeea..i believe sakura will be the only one who can truly, stop him but if this does happesn and he calms down and possibly loses the tails...i would love to see some new jutsu (besides the energy ball)

i believe too that sakura will play some role in making naruto take control of this level of transformation. but if you think naruto manga/anime is boring why do you even spend time reading/watching it

hatakescarecrow
February 18, 2006, 07:19 AM
One must wonder why the fourth could even stand up against a complete 9-tails.

Galth
February 18, 2006, 11:26 AM
Because he was (probably) even stronger then Orochimaru and wasn't alone, most Konoha shinobi where around during that battle, right? :)

venicia777
February 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
Because he was (probably) even stronger then Orochimaru and wasn't alone, most Konoha shinobi where around during that battle, right? :)

that is what most people dont realize- not the stronger part but the other. Wit a demon of kyuubi's size causing destruction most if not all of the shinobi in konoha at that time were probably engaging him using all their jutsus just to keep him occupied. and in this situation Yondaime had a favorable chance to perform the sealing jutsu with the shinigami.