PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 574 Discussion / 575 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Dofla
February 04, 2010, 01:32 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57678) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The cam RAWs for the chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/574/).

elitefox
February 08, 2010, 03:59 AM
Damn, I can't believe tear is running down :(

This is the first death in front of us as well as Luffy.

I hope Garp/Luffy kills Sakazuki, better if Garp.

Helltroll
February 08, 2010, 04:02 AM
Oda has balls. That's all I have to say.

jromz03
February 08, 2010, 04:04 AM
if spoiler about ace dying is true, then its very un-Oda like to kill a character... but its also a nice twist if true.

Diablos
February 08, 2010, 04:05 AM
LOL omg if this ends up to be really true.. OMG..I still can't believe Ace will die..that's so... unreal after all this effort and all.. But goddamn I wanna see Garp kicking Akainu's ass xD that would be epic ^^

monkey D luffy
February 08, 2010, 04:05 AM
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*takes deep breath* no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok now thats out of my system i doubt its going to be fake but i sure hope so, seems like oda is going to take a turn to a darker side, the gloves are off and now the marines will really pay. luffy is going to transforms from a jolly teen to a dark souled brute, he will no longer show regret and will no longer hold back on anyone who confronts him. be on the look for the pile of dead bodies. if we thought kid was bad just wait till someone crosses luffy.

fallou
February 08, 2010, 04:06 AM
Nah not goin nuts...but even so,it doesn't mean he actually dies...maybe iva has a way of reviving him. If all of this is true

elitefox
February 08, 2010, 04:06 AM
the only thing that is messy is that Garp ask Sengoku to stop him

and Sengoku successfully stops him? so Sengoku has a Garp Tranquilizer with him always?

urlaub
February 08, 2010, 04:07 AM
I wanna see all the good guys go super sayan. Luffy, Marco, WB and Garp should take down the fucking marines.

elitefox
February 08, 2010, 04:11 AM
Nah not goin nuts...but even so,it doesn't mean he actually dies...maybe iva has a way of reviving him. If all of this is true

hmm, if I think of it... just put some gas on him and he will go flame again :D
[hr]

I wanna see all the good guys go super sayan. Luffy, Marco, WB and Garp should take down the fucking marines.

Gear Second....

Gear Third...

Gomu Gomu no Storm!!!

All of them Dead. The End. (Unexpected) Crew Disbanded. Usop becomes PK :D

monkey D luffy
February 08, 2010, 04:18 AM
hmm, if I think of it... just put some gas on him and he will go flame again :D
<hr noshade size="1">

Gear Second....

Gear Third...

Gomu Gomu no Storm!!!

All of them Dead. The End. (Unexpected) Crew Disbanded. Usop becomes PK :D

an even better attack will be:

gear 2nd!
gear 3rd!
gomu gomu no gigant jet rain!

tothx
February 08, 2010, 04:18 AM
It's fake, there is no reason for ace to die story like. The single only person we've seen die in OP this far is Roger, and now Whitebeard might follow to end the era he started. Thats it thats all folks, Ace is one of the kings of the next era.

Organizized
February 08, 2010, 04:21 AM
This is so facking cool if it's true. All this build-up and tension wondering will he die or survive, then the rock off our chest when Ace was released, just to drop a huge fucking bomb on us right afterwards.

Still, the spoiler isn't exactly all that trustworthy. My spoiler-reading instincts tell me not to trust it, but then again we've had early, somewhat seemingly unplausible spoilers these last weeks, and Ace dying would be frickin' awesome so I want to believe it's real.

winterwyrm
February 08, 2010, 04:23 AM
@ toth: that's just not true, we saw that one guy die in Romance Dawn, remember when one of shanks' crew put a bullet through that guy's head? Plus people were dying left and right in that town where luffy first meets blackbeard.

Oh em Gee. I don't really know how I feel about this spoiler.

tharkun
February 08, 2010, 04:24 AM
Just when the WB pirates and Luffy are about to leave the Marines, Akainu has to do something stupid. If Ace really dies in this chapter, its going to send all of the pirates berzerk. The Marines would take more damage than necessary without thinking about Dragon and the other strong pirates on the side lines ready to thrash the World Government.

Luffy would need some serious psychotherapy so he can get back to his usual funny self again. At least, Ace would be remembered for bravely dying trying to save his brother's life rather than being executed in a humiliating way. Its a shame but there are no ships to carry Ace to the New Era.

SilversDKRayleigh
February 08, 2010, 04:24 AM
If this is true i think we might be seeing Luffy's first kill, but i don't think this will make him as bad as Kidd unless someone is attacking his friend's cause after this he will never loose another friend.

elitefox
February 08, 2010, 04:29 AM
It's fake, there is no reason for ace to die story like. The single only person we've seen die in OP this far is Roger, and now Whitebeard might follow to end the era he started. Thats it thats all folks, Ace is one of the kings of the next era.

Might not come true thanks to Akainu.

I hope Ace has developed a new technique that can called "Phoenix Down" lol
[hr]
All of you STOP ME Now, Gonna Kill AKAINU... not the mod :D

Dekker
February 08, 2010, 04:32 AM
the only thing that is messy is that Garp ask Sengoku to stop him

and Sengoku successfully stops him? so Sengoku has a Garp Tranquilizer with him always?

Maybe Garp lets himself get knocked out by Sengoku

fallou
February 08, 2010, 04:34 AM
I don't get why people want luffy to go dark just because ace dies...Luffy might need a little time, but HE'S NOT turning into s****e...Luffy's Luffy he'll be fine

senewe
February 08, 2010, 04:40 AM
the thing is., he never seen a people he love so much killed in front of very eyes of him.
plus he consider ace is worth more than his 8 nakamas...

well, I've said this before, we will see never seen luffy...

LoS
February 08, 2010, 04:40 AM
Personally I grow to like Akainu more and more each chapter, and more and more wonder just WTF the Whitebeard pirates are doing. Seriously, could a crew as hyped up as them be any more full of fail?

CBlitz
February 08, 2010, 04:42 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Goddammit Oda, what have you done?????? People don't die in OP except in flashbacks!!!! Don't break your own golden rules!!!!!!
Oh god...why did you have to start with Ace....this has to be a troll

seriously...I can't believe this. I really hope Oda doesn't do emo-Luffy, but...Ace dying????
it'll be a really hard truth to swallow

Darkever
February 08, 2010, 04:42 AM
To tell the truth I like this development, and since last chapter I kinda expected it. Not because I hate Ace or anything like that, but simply because it is innovative. The entire mission fails when it seemed already done. Luffy saved Ace's life when he was in most danger, and now Ace saved Luffy's life by sacrificing his own, just few minutes later.

This also shows the tremendous ability of Akainu to manipulate people: making fun of WB (well, he probably thinks that) he got Ace's weak point. If he didn't do that, Ace would still be running like WB said. Also, Akainu attacked Luffy perfectly knowing Ace would come to defend his brother. He even told him in advance. Akainu plays with people's emotions, and he is simply a master in doing that.

My guess on future developements:
Luffy goes berserk and maybe lands a hit on Akainu, but his body is simply useless after being revived two times. He probably gets saved by a number of people, including WB, Marco and Hancock. My guess is that he will escape with Hanock and some other. Maybe Jimbei, to fullfill Ace's last wish of saving his brother.

Btw, where the hell are Aokiji and Kizaru? It's been a chapter and half that we don't see them around. Especially Kizaru, since it should be easy for him to move to the hot spot of the battlefield.

Shiro-kun
February 08, 2010, 04:46 AM
Its either fake

or

Oda pulled the unthinkable....this has become a serious tragedy for Luffy
First blow came with his separation from his crew , now to venture off to save Ace has become nothing but a failure?(too add on WB is about to die and Bunch of pirates had a already fallen trying to save Ace) how chilling ....:(

LoS
February 08, 2010, 04:48 AM
I don't know why people(other than Ace fans) are complaining about the death. This rescue arc should have ended 2 chapters ago, Oda was just carrying it out longer than needed(thankfully not Kubo type drag on's long).

CBlitz
February 08, 2010, 04:51 AM
well I guess Oda wanted to start the new era off with a bang...but I expected WB to go down and become the first real death in OP...not Ace. Wow I don't think I've ever been this shocked about a manga. And even if Luffy rages, he probably won't be able to lift a finger against Akainu

I hope Oda handles the end of this arc well, this is a pretty huge turning point for OP

elitefox
February 08, 2010, 04:53 AM
Or there will be a very small chance to save Ace then Luffy goes on the journey of saving his brother.

if Ace dies, I think SH will be disbanded thinking that he won't be able to defend them.

ajzapata
February 08, 2010, 05:18 AM
WHAT THE HELL WAS THE USE OF SAVING ACE WHEN HE'LL JUST GET KILLED??....I HOPE THERE IS A MUCH BETTER RELEASE AFTER THIS SADDENING CHAPTER.. GUESS IT'S THE END OF THE PIRATE KING BLOODLINE EH?... ADIOS ACE!!! REST IN PEACE... BTW : IF APPRENTICE POSTED THE SPOILER THEN IT MUST BE TRUE...

ocajavati
February 08, 2010, 05:21 AM
If this is true, and I'm not sure if I want it to be true...

Then Oda is truly a genius... This is absolutely, completely, UTTERLY unexpected in every sense.

Like it or not, this is gold. :facepalm

luffi_2009
February 08, 2010, 05:31 AM
Source: AP
Credits: Aohige_AP
Verification: Pending
hapter 574: Portgus D Ace, is dead.
The chapter starts with everyone astonished.
Garp tells Sengoku he better stop me now, or I will kill Sakazuki.
Sengoku does so. Marco and Vista attacks Akainu.
Akainu says Haki users eh? This is troublesome, and attacks Ace again. Jinbei stops the attack.
flashback of Ace and Luffy. Ace says he misses even someone like Dadan now, thanks for the love he recieved.
The vivre card burns out. Luffy is seen with expression never seen before. end.

ترجمة فريق : فقعات الانمي للترجة السبويلر .

الحالة :غير مؤكد .

شابتر 574: بورتغاس دي أيس , مات.

بدأ التشابتر مع صدمة الكل مما حدث.

غارب يخبر سينقوكو أن يوقفه (غارب) و إلا سيقوم بقتل أكاينو.

ماركو وفيستا يقومون بمهاجمة أكاينو.

أكاينو قائلا: مستخدمو الهاكي هه؟ أنه شيء مزعج. ويقوم بمهاجمة أيس مرة أخرى. و جيمبي يوقف الهجمة.

فلاش باك لأيس ولوفي.ويقول أيس (للوفي) أنه حتى يفتقد شخص مثل داندان الآن , شكرا لكل ما قدمه من حب.

الفايفر كارد احترقت. ويظهر لوفي بملامح لم ترى من قبل. النهاية

uekipheonix
February 08, 2010, 05:34 AM
its a troll or a fake. The spoiler is not trusty as stated. he must have given good spoilers, just to mess all of our heads in this critical spoiler ;)

Just 2 more days n see, ACE is not gonna die/ he will faint or smthing, lol

planeswalker
February 08, 2010, 05:38 AM
Shocker. Plausible spoiler. Still. If true, Ivankov will revive Ace. But only after Luffy knocks Akainu out. Then my ending should still be, Whitebeard left alone to handle the marines. Everyone escapes.

But if Ace is really really dead. No revival or anything. Then DAMN!

NoLimit89
February 08, 2010, 05:38 AM
ACE!!?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Damn you ODA!!! I want this to be true because it would make an awesome story but at the same time I also don't want it to be true.

;_;

ocajavati
February 08, 2010, 05:39 AM
its a troll or a fake. The spoiler is not trusty as stated. he must have given good spoilers, just to mess all of our heads in this critical spoiler ;)

Just 2 more days n see, ACE is not gonna die/ he will faint or smthing, lol

If you aren't familiar with it yet, Apprentice's spoilers are usually ALWAYS true.

The only chance of it being false is if there's an imposter or he's pulling our leg here.

A part of me really wish it's true. It breaks away any predictability from the storyline, which I absolutely enjoy.

Ivankov can't revive the dead, I don't think... If the chapter title is correct, then I don't quite see a way around it. Maybe that's why Moria was placed here in the plot... (dark, dark thoughts)

Razh
February 08, 2010, 05:40 AM
It's an awful way to die, even though he did die to save Luffy.

Hope it's not true.

Fuck you Apprentice!

OdaForPresident
February 08, 2010, 05:46 AM
I'm hoping this is in impostor posting as apprentice.

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 05:51 AM
I believe it. I knew Ace was a goner when Akainu's punch impaled him at the end of the last chapter. I can't say I saw it coming a mile away, but the way the last chapter ended I knew Ace was toast.

I'm torn about how I feel about it though. On the one hand, Ace is a FOOL of Pangaean proportions! Why did he bite Akainu's bait?! Why did he waste the efforts of his crew and all his allies?! Sheesh... Plus, friggin' Akainu!!!! I wish I could roar, coz that's how I feel, man that guy is the paragon of douchery. He's becoming a perfect villain; I don't like him since he keeps ruining things, but I love his character. If that makes sense.

Luffy might go into a rage, but with the way he is now, he can't do a thing. He's running on empty already, and Akainu is out of his league. I'm kinda "really?" about the whole Garp-Sengoku-hold my poodle schtick, but sounds plausable none the less.

Luffy won't go dark. It'll take him a while to find his happiness again, but he'll find it. Ace's death is actually very good for his growth, especially since it happens right in front of him, and even more so since Ace sacrificed himself to save Luffy. This'll make him stronger, since he'll never wanna lose anyone ever again.

This whole thing just made escaping near impossible for the pirates, since their morale must be zero while their rage and grief is probably over 9000. I still think Whitebeard is gonna stay behind and tell them to leave, but they'll be in such a state of chaos and grief...

A VERY good chapter Oda, VERY good. (If it's real, which I think it is)
[hr]

I'm kinda "really?" about the whole Garp-Sengoku-hold my poodle schtick, but sounds plausable none the less.

Oh geez... Sorry everyone, I was watching White CHicks earlier and now I keep talking like one. What I mean is that I don't see Garp going "Sengoku, stop me before I kill Sakazuki" because that's what kids in primary school do when they have no intention of actually fighting, and just wanna look rabid to make a tough impression. If Garp meant it he'd just simply go for Akainu, and maybe Sengoku would intervene without being prompted. That I'd buy.

ocajavati
February 08, 2010, 05:53 AM
What I mean is that I don't see Garp going "Sengoku, stop me before I kill Sakazuki" because that's what kids in primary school do when they have no intention of actually fighting, and just wanna look rabid to make a tough impression. If Garp meant it he'd just simply go for Akainu, and maybe Sengoku would intervene without being prompted. That I'd buy.

Might not be exact wording, or anywhere near it. :tem

Xabaras
February 08, 2010, 05:55 AM
unbelievable ACE wtf is going on????

Hope is a fake... but as stated before me last few weeks have been quite spot on from apprentice, so unfortunately ... ACE R.I.P. you ll be missed! (I still hoping its a fake)

Now that the tears have been shared, I think its a bit farfetched that ACE is dead as last chapter end showing us as the most plausible outcome with the vivcard burn to ashes... I thinking here that something will happen that will shock all the OP fan, I don't think Luffy's rage as he is at his very limit, I am surprised he can still awake.

Nekoi Echizen
February 08, 2010, 05:56 AM
I hope that the verification of the spoiler come soon because..ç_ç I don't want believe what I read!! Ace can't die..ç_ç

Leliel
February 08, 2010, 06:03 AM
this is really hard to swallow. If this were true, i would say this bites and left a foul taste in my mouth. I mean this happening destroys what has been building up since the last three arcs. The death of ace renders all their efforts to save him pointless not to mention whitebeard's sacrifice would be in vain. Then again this may serve as a massive turning point in the character of luffy... i can't see luffy being the same again. It would be unnatural to see luffy back to his old cheerful adventure-holic self. We may well expect luffy to turn into a serious protagonist. And all i can i say about that is THIS SUCKS! One piece would not be one piece without the old luffy. I can't see anything good coming out of Ace's death.

senewe
February 08, 2010, 06:07 AM
This week's thread will sure hit 1000 replies

leonoel
February 08, 2010, 06:09 AM
If this is true, well, finally Oda went nuts, he waisted an entire Arc, since the whole reason of it was to rescue Ace, Luffy might as well go look for the other guys :p

l!nk
February 08, 2010, 06:18 AM
if ace dies luffy´d be a second sasuke lol. that sucks. there's absolutely no way this can be true.

chitgoks
February 08, 2010, 06:23 AM
even if that spoiler were to be true. i don't like it. we're left with another cliffhanger again :P and it's the same one as when ace got hit by sakazuki

Pr0d1gy2k5
February 08, 2010, 06:24 AM
Heyz, first time poster and a rly looooooong time reader here :>

Couldnt let these possibly shocking spoilers go without commenting them!

Well anyway, about Ace dying, let's think for a second, if he does die, what does that bring to the table? Beneficial for Luffy...hmm he'll become more serious, more determined and nothing much more than this i guess lol

I cant find a reason for Oda to actually kill Ace now :| He killed WB to end an era, and kills Ace, when he was supposed to be one of the majors of the next one? Now we only get the rookies? >.<

What a tragic end to Roger's Bloodline, and i can see Garp asking sengoku to hold him off, he's divided between his job and his family till the end, like always has been

Szaman
February 08, 2010, 06:29 AM
Personally I grow to like Akainu more and more each chapter, and more and more wonder just WTF the Whitebeard pirates are doing. Seriously, could a crew as hyped up as them be any more full of fail?

Just how are they full of fail? They are outnumbered by far, had to survive cannonfire barrage, Pacifistas, siege wall (and extra cannons in their faces), had to be on a lookout for 5 extremly powerfull marine officers (admirals and Sengoku/Garp) and 5 Shichibukai. And all that while having to restrain their damage potential as NOT to endanger Ace. I'm sure anyone could throw some more facts.
I'm sorry, but given the situation they were put into they did just fine. Or maybe you think any of the other yonkou alone could do better?

As for the chapter spoiler - well well well... I didn't put my money on this outcome. Sure looks interesting. If Ace dies, then it could easily transform from "rescue Ace" mission into "avenge Ace". From a precision, special forces like mission ("go in, extract the prisoner, flee") into a "Kill them all". I just don't see how, after loosing Ace and almost surely WB too, the remnants of WG pirates would just turn tail.
Iva and Buggy aren't on the list for the suicide (as they couldn't care less for WB), so we may end up with Iva knocking Luffy unconscious to stop him. They may also use the pirates final charge as a decoy to get away.

urlaub
February 08, 2010, 06:34 AM
Heyz, first time poster and a rly looooooong time reader here :>

Welcome to MH, I was for example a reader for 2 years, so don't worry.

If Ace dies we will in all certainty have another outbreak of Luffy and then emo-luffy. Emo-garp and emo-WB commanders. The government is, and Sengoku especially, certain that they can handle enraged wb pirates and WB. So guess death of Ace doesn't mean right away the end of the marines. But if the spoiler is true then Garp takes on Sengoku, which means we have a three on three, altough versuse's do not have any meaning in this war so far. I doubt that Luffy gonna pulverize Akainu. He is at the end. Maybe one last bunch with kings haki and Akainu will be like, shit you got me and then goes on to deliver Luffy the final blow or something and then interruption again.

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 06:36 AM
T_T I don't want Ace to die either, it's too soon! He's got so much potential... *sigh*
Alas, I fear his time has run out. Jinbei better not die too, we still dunno what he wanted to discuss with Luffy about Arlong, and we still have to see him in a proper fight, to show off his full abilities. He said earlier he want's to make Marineford his grave, but screw that, Ace dying is enough. Although I firmly believe Whitebeard is gonna sink the island with himself still on it once his crew and allies leave, since it's obvious he's gonna die anyway. What better way for a legend to go down?

Andonan
February 08, 2010, 06:36 AM
......ALKJHLKJSLKDJ:LAKHSLKNJBAS:KJLCBHJANH:LKJAHCXLKJA:JLH:CL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry that was my reaction to the spoiler, wholly hell, Oda doesn't just have balls he has MASSIVE BALLS! Amazing that the only two major characters to ever die will be both apart of the roger blood line. If this is true then I'm sure this is what Oda meant my Strong World being the last adventure of luffy being a 17 year old, he must be referring to adventures with his crew as a 17 year old, because if this spoiler is true the lovable luffy we know is going to die, he'll never recover from this, he will probably start killing, BB is literally a dead man and NW isn't going to happy times its going to be epically brutal.......IMO of course :D

Literally can't get over this!!!

Goty
February 08, 2010, 06:38 AM
I cant find a reason for Oda to actually kill Ace now :| He killed WB to end an era, and kills Ace, when he was supposed to be one of the majors of the next one? Now we only get the rookies? >.<

WB is still alive...for now.
Ace dying changes the whole current scenario: the pirates don't have a reason to run away anymore. They'll certainly go all out, which means we can end up with more casualties and maybe even Marineford destroyed. The consequences will be bigger.

c0nflikt
February 08, 2010, 06:40 AM
i predicted this, I said watch ace will die. Now hopefully for the second part of my post luffy goes wild on the seas!!!

Omg OP has always been awesome but i hope OP totally changes tone like hitman reborn.

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 06:45 AM
If Ace dies, then it could easily transform from "rescue Ace" mission into "avenge Ace". From a precision, special forces like mission ("go in, extract the prisoner, flee") into a "Kill them all". I just don't see how, after loosing Ace and almost surely WB too, the remnants of WG pirates would just turn tail.

I doubt they'd go for the Avenge Ace tactic. Right now they can't pull it off. At best it would be a suicide mission, with them beating the marines but dying too. Though that won't happen, for obvious reasons. So no, I don't think they're gonna try to avenge him. Not even in the future, since we know that the only people to deliberately go against the World Government are the Revolutionary Army and the Straw Hats, and this has nothing to do with the army. And I don't see the Straw Hats trying to get revenge, it's just a stupid thing to do, exactly the kinda thing that got Ace killed in the first place.

They won't just turn tail and run, some or most of them will probably rage, but WB and whoever else is still thinking straight will beg everyone to leave, and then they'll escape. Makes the most sense to me.

It would be interesting if Luffy, instead of raging, holds the dying Ace in his arms and cries. That would bring a tear to one's eye, methinks.

daisekihan
February 08, 2010, 06:46 AM
I just don't know. It would be just about the opposite of what you'd expect Oda to do, seeing as he never lets anyone die save in flashbacks, save Spandam. If it is true, though, I think I'm going to be a pretty fucking pissed. Because then this giant ass arc that separated the story from the crew will have been for absolutely nothing. If Oda really decided his first kill would be Ace after all this, to let Luffy save him just for him to die like a dog, and considering how popular One Piece is in Japan...well, let's just say that if I were Oda, I would probably go on vacation for a few weeks after this. Probably somewhere in the Himalayas or Siberia. And in a military bunker, if I could find it.

As for the speculation that this is the signal for a permanent tone change...well, I hope not. One Piece can be pretty dark, as the Impel Down Arc proved, but if it loses the whimsy at its heart, it won't be One Piece anymore.

hhv94
February 08, 2010, 06:50 AM
WTF! I am already in cloud 9 cause the New Orleans Saints won the Superbowl and I wake up to see THIS spoiler! Uh this better be some strange episode of the twilight zone going on here! I want SOLID scans this time before I even consider such an EVIL turn of events. :p

tiberiuscg
February 08, 2010, 06:54 AM
0 - WHY DID I LOOK FOR SPOILERS, DAMN
1 - ace had enough flashbacks to die
2 - aces death will probably makes luffy go SSJ/uchiha
3 - still no pictures
4 - I can see marco using his phoenix powers recovering aces flames
5 - I cant see such amount of pirates without a somewhat doctor around
6 - BLACKBEARD SAVES ACE, WHAT

my prediction: ace kinda die, luffy faints, we see some chapters with strawhats crew, luffy wakes up without remembering a thing after prison and see all his crew around him. Since there were no strawhats on aces event, no one knows what happened after prison. Story continues.

Zehahaha
February 08, 2010, 06:56 AM
Okaaaaaaaay !
Death of Ace... I don't even know if i should be happy or not, I mean yeah cool Ace is dead, now Luffy can pwn everybody in Marinford (it's impossible anyway...), but will he become a tool of revenge ? (that's something I don't want to see... )

Anyway let's wait for the pics

Lord.Strife
February 08, 2010, 06:58 AM
Hmm i can't be sure thats its true but dam the spoilers does smell of oda. You just can't predict what he will do next so.

Time skip anyone?

Immo
February 08, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hi all, im new here but i just have to coment new spoiler. First of all i was like WTF about Ace dying, but now i think it's needed for Luffy to make him progress. I think we will see Luffy vs Akainu and some haki gomu gomu jet gatling guns before Luffy lose consciousness and get saved by WB pirates or even WB himself. Also i think Akainu will be new Fleet Admiral after this war.

Shiro-kun
February 08, 2010, 07:05 AM
Oda is someone that doesnt like using Death as a way to create Drama, this is only reason why would i think this is fake

But Oda is a really unpredictable person from the get go ...The Separation of Straw Hats which i thought could not had happen (especially since we just had a rescue arc of Robin and Two new members to the crew) happened ..

Pix™
February 08, 2010, 07:07 AM
Please can a moderator add this translation in the spoiler thread?

Soruce: JJT (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/)
Credit: Idol
Verification: Pending

Se volete usare questa traduzione, lasciate il link funzionante al nostro forum, grazie.

Allora ragazzi, il contenuto di questo spoiler è davvero incredibile...
Ma sapete bene non scelgo gli spoiler in base al contenuto ma in base alla fonte.
Ecco a voi lo scioccante spoiler di Apprentice

Capitolo 574: Portgus D Ace, è morto.
Il capitolo inizia con tutti i presenti stupiti.
Garp, fuori di se, chiede a Sengoku di fermarlo prima che vada ad uccidere Sakazuki.
Sengoku lo ferma. Marco e Vista attaccano Akainu.
Akainu: "Utilizzatori di Haki, eh? Potreste crearmi dei problemi".
Akainu attacca di nuovo Ace, ma il suo colpo viene fermato da Jimbei.
C'è un flashback di Ace e Rufy.
Ace dice di aver perso anche qualcun'altro come Dadan adesso, poi ringrazia tutti per l'amore che gli hanno dato.
LA vivre card brucia completamente.
Rufy ha un espressione in viso mai vista prima.
Fine.

Per essere sicuri che sia il post originale dobbiamo aspettare che Kaze1028 posti le imamgini del cellulare, tuttavia penso che sia confermato al 99%, visto hce è lo stesso modello di cellulare.

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 07:08 AM
if the spoilers are true then its quite a twist and the first death in one piece oda finally breaks the " no one dies in op " in a no flashback chapter. although i think it would be a relief if the spoilers turned out to be fake

Yabe
February 08, 2010, 07:10 AM
From the spoiler and if it's true, the end seems to be another cliffhanger, and it makes me doubt if this is yet another made-up scene by Oda. Just like it's with Peru, maybe that is all we will know about Ace's situation - Oda's leaving us with desperate thoughts on how Ace would survive this, tormenting the readers' heart with Ace's "fake" death, and in fact he does have some plan in his own mind how to bring him back.

That would be a huge disappointment to a lot of you if it turns out that way? :p Anyway, got to wait for more info, if we do not see the Vivre card to be completely vanished away then I think that this could be the case.

Could there be another trans for the title?

Foxdie
February 08, 2010, 07:11 AM
This chapter is so so so .. Oda,
I mean, we all remember the previous stories in OP ..

1- in Arabasta, the DF user (Falcon) dies with the blast of the bomb.
2- in Skypia, Sanji was been hit by the thunder god (Eniel).
and so on ..

Oda draw them like they will die for sure, but they didn't, and here he is doing the same, only the difference is that the character now is very important to this ark.

DARK
February 08, 2010, 07:12 AM
if the spoilers are true then its quite a twist and the first death in one piece oda finally breaks the " no one dies in op " in a no flashback chapter. although i think it would be a relief if the spoilers turned out to be fake

It's likely to say that these spoilers are fake. Oda almost never has a character dying unless it is to strongly develop a plotline. Having Ace die here would defeat the purpose of Luffy and the Whitebeard Pirates engaging war against the World Government. Not to mention that these "spoilers" were released early Monday. That in itself should have people questioning.

sHeN123
February 08, 2010, 07:13 AM
This reminds me to the naruto chapter: The Death of Sasuke (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/363/01/). The whining was huge, as the first spoiler came out :D

Ace won't die. Be cool. If the fire shortly before extinguished, you only need a new fuel. It's part of Odas thinking, like milk to bones (brook)

Lord Rayleigh
February 08, 2010, 07:15 AM
I don't believe in it. The spoiler does not reveal unexpected things and there is a very doubtful thing which makes me call it fake : Garp saying to Sengoku " Stop me or I'll kill Sakazuki ". Ok, Garp let his grandson punched him (and that was not something he thought he'd do) but Garp wanting to kill an Admiral that does his job and informing Sengoku about it ! This is nonsense.

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 07:16 AM
:jawdrop :jawdrop :crying :crying This cannot be true!!!!! Garp!!!! Do something!

I can't believe Ace is dead!!!! We need confirmation damn it! :(

Shiro-kun
February 08, 2010, 07:16 AM
Oda pissed me off Peru "disney" death seriously
It was the most of tearful sacrifice not in a flashback in One Piece .....he wasnt even a major character ..he was only major to that specific arc (edit: especially since that bomb was going to blow up a city!? he should been blown smithereens )

oh well...all this spoiler needs is a confirmation of either its false or true

Xelnag
February 08, 2010, 07:18 AM
Sad day for us, ace fans... oh well, hopefully it'll be either fake or a big turnpoint for luffy to finally understand being a pirate is not as fun as he used to think...

I so want akainu dead...

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 07:20 AM
Finally the romance starts :>

I hope Ace will die...A big fella must die...to start a new event .
It would be even much more epic if some one from the crew would Die. (better Female , More fillings , more romance :>)

And + it's more logical for Ace to Die from previous chapter...
Magma is More stronger the Fire .
Red Dog actually pierce him through .
And the card was allready all burn out...and in last chapter it started to burn more..
So what maybe a such small piece of that card left , that u can see through Microscope , to approve that Ace is Alive ?

Hell with that...
ACE MUST DIE !
WHITEBEARD MUST DIE !

Luffy must go through the Line of Feelings . So that One piece , will approve the word of ROMANCE !

The Closet Pervert
February 08, 2010, 07:21 AM
I believe that if Ace survives all this, then any future threath of death will be meaningless. If Ace survives this, anyone can survive anything without dying, and that would ruin the manga for me.

I don't care if Aces death will be the last death for the next 500 chapters, but something has to be done that reminds us that "the danger is there". If an event of this magnitude causes 0 deaths then nothing will ever cause them either.

Besides, a move like this is epic, cool, epic, awe-inspiring, epic, magnificent and requires balls of steel. Aces death would inspire such a reaction from everyone, which only great writers could cause.

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 07:24 AM
^ I understand what your saying but :s but this is Ace!!!!!!! WB dying..fine. Ace dying for me is just :scry :scry This has ruined my week for sure! :(

The Closet Pervert
February 08, 2010, 07:27 AM
^ I understand what your saying but :s but this is Ace!!!!!!! WB dying..fine. Ace dying for me is just :scry :scry This has ruined my week for sure! :(

And that's why I also believe that after these times of sorrow, some fun and happy times is needed in form of re-uniting the crew! :tem

Marche
February 08, 2010, 07:28 AM
I don't believe in it. The spoiler does not reveal unexpected things and there is a very doubtful thing which makes me call it fake : Garp saying to Sengoku " Stop me or I'll kill Sakazuki ". Ok, Garp let his grandson punched him (and that was not something he thought he'd do) but Garp wanting to kill an Admiral that does his job and informing Sengoku about it ! This is nonsense.
I also think that this spoiler is fake for Garp's reactions.

Gats
February 08, 2010, 07:29 AM
I always failed to understand what Ace would bring to the world or the manga after this Arc, because before he gave up being the "king" to serve Whitebeard, so after WB death...he should restart his previous goal again ? Mmmh :/

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 07:31 AM
^ Marche That's a possiblity! :s

I'm looking forward to the crew re-uniting for sure The Closet Pervert! But, I truly believed that Ace would make it through this war. WB was the one I and many others thought would die! I'm sorry but this has hit me soooooooo hard! Damn it Oda! The way he ended last chapter with the burning virve card...ahhh the pain!...and now this! :(

If this spoiler is true...I can see Oda changing the focus next chapter to something else!

konfuzed
February 08, 2010, 07:32 AM
I remember when we first saw Marco was a Pheonix zoan I was thinking maybe Ace would die or nearly die and Marco might bring him back to life with his tears or something.

It just seems interesting to me that Whitebeard's #1 division captain is a type associated with resurrection, and this whole arc is supposed to be about the execution of his fellow captain and a very important character to the series.

beastboy
February 08, 2010, 07:49 AM
C'mon, reviving people nearly allways is a bad idea...

And I was trying not to read the spoiler.. but it was stronger than me T_T!!

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 07:49 AM
The sad part is that I think this is true. I'm shocked really. Even if it's fake it looks real.

Luffy is shocked he has no response.

Garp is not going to be held back. He's going to attack Akainu.

beastboy
February 08, 2010, 07:52 AM
Anyway, I like it :<!
Its a good way to call the fans/haters who always said "In OP no one dies"!

Pr0d1gy2k5
February 08, 2010, 07:52 AM
It's amazing how Uchiha means emo'ing it out nowadays hahah

I can't see Luffy changing his personality from funny,happy, and sociable to serious/easily angered, it would change too much, from his nakama to the One Piece series itself, though i wouldn't mind to change a bit like a hitman reborn change, like it was said earlier.

Anyway it's still too early to speculate anyway, there might even be a way to ress Ace ( he might even not die here >.< ) and the next Arc could be about that, once all the straw hats are gathered, lol :>

Warlord90
February 08, 2010, 07:58 AM
Man I can't believe this. My heart was beating very fast while I was reading the spoiler. I am shocked. You know everyone said that it would happen but now we are actually shocked!!!!11

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 07:59 AM
And you think that on this case it's good to see this character die? A character that had so many people fighting for him, if Ace dies then this is a mark on One Piece the Pirate Kings Bloodline is now extinct and that is not good for the Pirates. In the end the marines won everything, WB dead, Ace dead, Many WB pirates dead. All with using these kind of tactics.

I don't think that this is fair.

Sure I know that it's ace's fault for falling to the taunt but we know how much he respected WB how much pride he had on that mark.

I'm not saying that he should have stayed back, I'm saying that it's not fair that he died.

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 08:03 AM
so in this spoiler there is no mentioning of whitebeard and actually vista and marco are more concerned than whitebeard i think thats fishy .

beastboy
February 08, 2010, 08:03 AM
^
You're talking like if you're a WB pirate, have you noticed?

I just hope that Ace smiles in the end, it will be so emotional!

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 08:07 AM
so in this spoiler there is no mentioning of whitebeard and actually vista and marco are more concerned than whitebeard i think thats fishy .

It's a small summarie. You think that only this happens? we're bound to see more stuff on the chapter if it's true.

^

I just hope that Ace smiles in the end, it will be so emotional!

Me? Maybe I am, it just saddens me to see all this fight and in the end they gain nothing.

beastboy
February 08, 2010, 08:09 AM
The fight hasn't ended... but by now, its 2-0 to the marines... but something tells me that Akainu will not be alive for much time...

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 08:12 AM
If this spoiler is true....I would be utterly disgraced and furious with Garp if he doesn't kill Akainu :mad

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 08:12 AM
^

sorry i dont get it

i think its about time to end this arc and what's better than a tragedy .oh this is too emotional :D

gesgift
February 08, 2010, 08:13 AM
The fight hasn't ended... but by now, its 2-0 to the marines... but something tells me that Akainu will not be alive for much time...

AkainU seems to be one of the strongest characters in the manga. I don't think he'll go down, 'cause he has a lot of faith. Like Luffy who believes that the strongest pirate=PK= man with most freedom in the world, Akainu clearly believes Justice is the only thing to live for. He's one bad mofo...

I'm afraid Ace is really gonna die...

ajj216011
February 08, 2010, 08:15 AM
The vivre card is almost burnt up - so ace is nearing his death.
But Iva-san is there - maybe he will do somehting ot save ace.
But donnot see him dying as of yet.

But yes, luffy needs this kind of trigger to gain control of his haki. Just waiting to know the attack he will use.

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 08:16 AM
F*************************K!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been confirmed!!!!!!!!!! :crying :crying :crying

I can't believe Oda killed Ace! :eek I always thought that it would be WB dying die in this war! :facepalm I can't imagine what Luffy's facial expression is......:scry

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 08:20 AM
We can't cause it's one we've never ever seen from him.

Right now I think that the only character who will be able to grab him and stop him from going to his doom is not Iva, not Jinbei but Boa.

I really don't want this to be true.

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 08:21 AM
Well i must say one thing for sure :

The End of Whitebeard.
The legend.
The End of Whitebeard Pirates.
The End of WB Age.

Most of all.
The End of PK Bloodline.
The End of Ace. The Son of the Legend.

And a birth. To New Pk.

Duzy
February 08, 2010, 08:21 AM
We still have a quasi-resurrector on the battlefield. Could Kuma repel only fatigue or all of the damage done to a person ?

The Closet Pervert
February 08, 2010, 08:24 AM
For us fans, the beginning of a new era will not be marked by death of the Whitebeard. The beginning of the era will be marked by death of Ace.

Rest in peace Portuguese D. Ace.

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 08:29 AM
XD It's Portgas D. Ace XD

Hmm, Kuma, could happen but I don't have my hopes high for that matter :S

A combo could be Kuma's ability to take out the damage and Iva's hormones.

Rotten The Wizard
February 08, 2010, 08:30 AM
NOOO BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You gotta pay me to believe this

Alien81
February 08, 2010, 08:30 AM
And you think that on this case it's good to see this character die? A character that had so many people fighting for him, if Ace dies then this is a mark on One Piece the Pirate Kings Bloodline is now extinct and that is not good for the Pirates. In the end the marines won everything, WB dead, Ace dead, Many WB pirates dead. All with using these kind of tactics.

I don't think that this is fair.

Sure I know that it's ace's fault for falling to the taunt but we know how much he respected WB how much pride he had on that mark.

I'm not saying that he should have stayed back, I'm saying that it's not fair that he died.

true true, i said that in the begining, i don't mine WB dying, but only if some strong marines die as well, to make it fair and more epic.

now if ace is truly dead, with WB going out too, without no big shot marine dying, i would be kinda dissappointed for the first time in OP.

someone should kill that bastard red dog, and kizaru.

anyway, maybe this is what oda was talking about, with luffy's advanture as a 17 year old ending with a bang, which basically means a different luffy.

The pirates lost this war if ace dies as well, but am sure and am predicting, there will be another BIG WAR.

Marines VS Revolutionary Army.

and am betting the marines will lose, if it does happen.

Shiro-kun
February 08, 2010, 08:31 AM
confirmed...impressive Oda ...you got Balls

Whether this is a great plot action is of anyones opinion , But The coldness of this action will forever deb into me...Akainu better be worth the salt of antagonism in the future and the One set this whole mess in motion should not be forgotten either

R.I.P Ace :crying

zozo96
February 08, 2010, 08:31 AM
I hope Oda would not go too far by "dragonball"-ing and "Pain"-ing the whole idea of the death of somebody. Just let Ace die!

Lord Rayleigh
February 08, 2010, 08:34 AM
I'll wait for the pictures to believe Garp betrayed the marine.

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 08:34 AM
RIP Portgas .D.Ace :crying :crying :crying

Stay strong Luffy :shakefist...and someone pleeease fricking kill Akainu & Kizaru!!! :mad :mad :mad

I think the timeskip is most certain now for Luffy..:s..well as long as we get to see what the other SH's are doing..I'll be happy :)

zozo96
February 08, 2010, 08:39 AM
Even if the death of Ace brings an end to the bloodline of PK, the will of D. and Ohara are still exist. I am not going to worry about the balance of power after this. Even if the entire crew of WB pirates were wiped out, there are still many anti-WG peoples out there to match the marine.

Lord Rayleigh
February 08, 2010, 08:39 AM
It's right that Luffy out with all the hormones he took and the death of Ace lead to a timeskip. I can't imagine no timeskip after Ace's death : Oda would not have make us follow Luffy's pain.

ScratchmenApoo
February 08, 2010, 08:40 AM
Well the thing about Oda never killing off characters was because it was aimed towards only to the enemies Luffy was fighting. It is Luffy's belief that crushing their dreams and letting them see it is much more worse than death. So Oda killing off characters like Oars Jr. and Ace are justified. It's still sad if it is true, but you can't do much about it. You either love it or hate it.

My personal opinion was that some big character was going to die, but Ace was not amongst them. My only hope now is that Whitebeard kills Akainu as well.

Alien81
February 08, 2010, 08:42 AM
RIP Portgas .D.Ace :crying :crying :crying

Stay strong Luffy :shakefist...and someone pleeease fricking kill Akainu & Kizaru!!! :mad :mad :mad

I think the timeskip is most certain now for Luffy..:s..well as long as we get to see what the other SH's are doing..I'll be happy :)

yea either red dog or kizaru for me.

with ace dying if it's true, i hope before WB goes down too he kills Akainu, since it was him taking the piss last week.

I know the marines won this, but Oda gave them too much wb and ace, common something has to happen to the marines.

If ace is dead, oda is truly the king of mangaka's, and it would make OP reaching lagendary status, in the making.

Rotten The Wizard
February 08, 2010, 08:44 AM
people are actually buying this?
Ace cant die after all this

And Rayleigh, he didnt do shit!!! I'd be truly pissed

Lord Rayleigh
February 08, 2010, 08:47 AM
I've just thought about it : if Ace dies, this will be the first time we'll see a DF user die - and here a logia. I wonder what would happen : a devil aura coming out of the body and going away ?

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 08:49 AM
^ Good point! It's going to be interesting for sure! Question is...will Oda actually reveal it to us in that way???

F**k Kizaru...Akainu is the one that needs to die!!!!! *asap!*

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 08:55 AM
people are actually buying this?
Ace cant die after all this

And Rayleigh, he didnt do shit!!! I'd be truly pissed

?!?!?!? :D Maan stop it already !
for me it's much more good news to hear then just plain all...
No body dies except bad dudes , The Marines and other WG organisations . And other pirates except the main plot Pirates (even evil and of course the good ones.)

That's the point even ??? you are horribly beaten , eaten , digested and still you go on with out any loss ?
Come on even in your real life you sacrifice your time , money even your health for something you seek and wish to gain.

Ace sacrifised himself for sake of a younger one. The one who saved him.
And as for me this is a good plot and Ending for the New beginning !
After Death new Life Begins.

+ why shouldn't he die ?
The main char. who shouldn't die in every story , movie , etc... is the main Hero or Heroes , which main dream or plot is tied to them .

Ace wanted to Make WB the PK. Not Luffy...
And my opinion is , from all the OP char. Luffy mustn't die until HE will seek out he's plot , dream etc. After that Even Luffy can die , and that would be normal.

frontaLobotomy
February 08, 2010, 09:01 AM
Wow, Oda would really be setting a precedent by killing Ace. It would mean that Luffy will have failed to protect a single ally since he attacked the tenryubito. It's too early for him to go sick on the Marines, and I still think it's too early for Ace to die. At the same time, it wouldn't suprise me if a big character was killed off aside from Whitebeard.

WinningDays
February 08, 2010, 09:06 AM
Oh my God... why did I look....? I should've just gone to sleep...

My heart was beating so fast from the first words. I think it still is...

I'm like shaking, this is so... it better be real, if it's not what's all this agony for...

Wow Oda, why is he so good...

I think there should be extra spoiler warnings on this...it's too much...

Ace was one of my favorite characters, I don't want him to die...
But I really want to see Luffy's face, it just gets better and better every week...

And if this is fake, wow, that was fun...

Marche
Damn it.
I would have preferred that Ace will lives, also because we have never seen him fight seriously.

Who knows as Rufy will react against Akainu but also against BB (considering that is BB's fault (but I think than He could give the guilt to himself)).
Then I hoped that the spoiler was fake because I think that Rufy had already grown, the sacrifice of Mister 2 would have been enough for him.

RIP Ace.
Anyways I will wait for the complete script.

PaLLl
hmmm I think IF !!! this spoiler is true...
then the best moment for Luffy to lose his consciousness is here ! At the battlefield , after seeing Death of His Brother.
And fall in that coma...for 2 years ?

gesgift
February 08, 2010, 09:11 AM
Wow, Oda would really be setting a precedent by killing Ace. It would mean that Luffy will have failed to protect a single ally since he attacked the tenryubito. It's too early for him to go sick on the Marines, and I still think it's too early for Ace to die. At the same time, it wouldn't suprise me if a big character was killed off aside from Whitebeard.

Those Tenryuubito seem to bring him bad luck. But I really don't know what to say... Although the world could actually witness the killing of Ace...

Alien81
February 08, 2010, 09:13 AM
if ace does die, i wouldn't say am majorly disappointed, but more like shocking and unexpected twist like ever.

i just want some marines to die to balance this war.

anyway like someone said early, maybe the new world is going to be so crazy that luffy will need a new personality. no more joking around being that idoit behaviour of his and carefree.

overall the new world should be epic, it would truly be a a rampaging age, where anything is possible.

man i want all the strawhats to have new personality, zoro is already badass, can you imagine if oda push him to the next level. shows no mercy.

how about long nose -kun.:D

Bugzee
February 08, 2010, 09:14 AM
This is very tragic news. :( I really didn't want this to happen! It's going to be very emotional reading and looking through the whole chapter this week...once it comes out that is! :crying

I can't imagine how the OP freaks in Japan are dealing/coping with this news :scry

Shiro-kun
February 08, 2010, 09:15 AM
The short script makes me even sadder :(

Edit : OP is the biggest manga in japan :o Oda needs to have a bunker to save him from Ace fans (he is as popular as SH crew ..)

Alien81
February 08, 2010, 09:18 AM
This is very tragic news. :( I really didn't want this to happen! It's going to be very emotional reading and looking through the whole chapter this week...once it comes out that is! :crying

I can't imagine how the OP freaks in Japan are dealing/coping with this news :scry

well if ace is like the hitsugaya of bleach, then sure alot of fangirls would be wepping today.

gr2
February 08, 2010, 09:23 AM
I know this is off topic but i would like to ask.
What if Akainu was a pirate ?
Well I guess He might have killed every civilian.....

The Closet Pervert
February 08, 2010, 09:24 AM
Wow. That script has me all teary eyes. (MANLY tears of course!)

Damn. :scry

Shisu
February 08, 2010, 09:25 AM
IF Kubo only would do this to Hitsugaya. I'm sure the entire Hitsugaya fan base would plot a Coup d'etat.

Well, I'm not a big fan of Ace anyway, it's a nice twist to see him die.

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 09:26 AM
Let's not compare One Piece characters with characters from another manga. Right now it's strange to even compare Ace to anyone.

I'm shocked really. Normally I'm excited about OP chapters but this time, I'm more "afraid" of a chapter.

I was not expecting Ace to die, not even like this.

But I must say that Oda has done a good work with Ace's death. He wanted to show us even more despair and he made it. He has trully shocked most of us.

I hope this is really fake but I'm 90% certain that it's true :s

Kibate
February 08, 2010, 09:26 AM
sounds fake
mention of haki? Garp telling sengoku that he would kill a fellow marine while just a few chapters ago he tried to hide it by luffy letting punching him?(instead of just avoiding) and ace dieing, NOW? I don't see it
though, oda got me before, but not this time.

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 09:27 AM
And Lufy's flashback only makes this more real and sad.

plex
February 08, 2010, 09:28 AM
I still hope it's a fake, Ace can't die! :o ,there is no point killing him now, isn't WB enough?. If it is true, I hope someone beats the crap out of Akainu!:mad

chitgoks
February 08, 2010, 09:29 AM
if ace does die, i wouldn't say am majorly disappointed, but more like shocking and unexpected twist like ever.

yeah here people are predicting WB will die but it's ace we see first. tsk.i guess this is why oda does some breaks. to do the opposite of what we predict might be the obvious

Shake
February 08, 2010, 09:34 AM
It's a bold idea but also a good one. It fits with the current circumstances. Praise Oda for his guts and praise Ace for being an awesome character.

WinningDays
February 08, 2010, 09:35 AM
ah God, I just read the short script...
I know I'm gonna be crying my eyes in a few days...(if it's true)

I wonder how Oda felt the past couple of months or the past year even...
Knowing all the pain and sacrifice everyone was going through would be in vain...
Especially Luffy and WB...and well everyone, they were ready to throw their lives away... Wow, how long has he known?

Ever since Ace fought BB, since he started looking for him, since his existence?
Oda's gotta be some kind of genius...
I don't think normal people can do this kind of thing...

ggdag
February 08, 2010, 09:37 AM
(first of all, sorry for my english if isn't correct at all... :P) in this chapter i would expect luffy kicks akainu's ass very badly with his royal haki... but i think it's a matter of time... maybe in the next chapter ... however... i've never thought to ace's death ... what a story O___O ...

in this part of the story I see some analogies with dragonball's cell game: gohan/rufy ... cell/marine (o akainu) ... goku/WB. ahah, obviusly i'm forcing the comparison, but it isn't wrong at all xD

Keeper of Jericho
February 08, 2010, 09:39 AM
So I guess the spoiler is true... I really did not expect Ace to die. I mean, if Pell can survive a bomb with blast radius 3 km, surely the more powerful Ace can survive a magma fist through the chest? Apparently not. Damn Akainu.

I don't really know what to think now, or how One Piece and Luffy will be after this. If One Piece would take on a more serious tone now, it wouldn't be One Piece anymore, IMHO.

Also, I feel Ace was just a wasted character. What did he really contribute to the story, aside from giving the WG an opportunity to kill Whitebeard? He had potential, and now he dies. Or so we think. Maybe Luffy will go on a quest to find the deus-ex-machina, er, I mean, revive power to bring back Ace. Oh wait, Brook already took it.

I can't even begin to imagine how Luffy must feel now. And he doesn't even have his nakama with him to comfort him.

Well, as a reader, no choice but to accept it and move on, I suppose.

daisekihan
February 08, 2010, 09:39 AM
Well, it appears to be true. One can only hope that Oda is still the man who couldn't even kill Pell off and he reverses this somehow. If not, well, he had better start running, if he hasn't already. Oda I mean.

hills100
February 08, 2010, 09:42 AM
wow shocking spoilers.i never expected this.

john-williams
February 08, 2010, 09:43 AM
but it's one piece! certainly ace rise from the dead.

jamjamstyle
February 08, 2010, 09:47 AM
If you think about it, a most of the Strawhat crew lost people dear to them:

Nami - Bellemere
Chopper - Dr. Hiluluk
Franky - Tom
Zoro - Kuina
Robin - Saul
Usopp - His mother
Brook - His captain and entire crew

Luffy and Sanji are currently the only ones who didn't witness such a tragic death of their dear ones. I wonder what this will trigger within Luffy.

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 09:51 AM
Dammit :nerve I didn't want to read the spoilers, and I tried to resist, but I couldn't resist the temptation http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tantrumsmiley.gif
I hope it's not true but I can't fool myself that was clear from the very beginning but I turned a blind eye to that and I painted my own reality, to avoid admitting the truth.
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/laie_14.gif

but I still have faith

Keeper of Jericho
February 08, 2010, 09:52 AM
I was thinking, maybe we'll get a cover-story of Ace meeting Roger and his mother in the afterlife. Then again, Ace already had his cover-story...

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 09:52 AM
luffy reacting to ace's death should be an epic moment especially since he is responsible for his death .
i think this leaves many possibilities now : perhapes oda could choose not to kill whitebeard. as for luffy i cant see him not seeking vengeance even if its not like him.
also luffy not being able to save ace should let him think again of kizaru's words" if you dont have the power there are things you cant save no matter how hard you try "

ggdag
February 08, 2010, 09:54 AM

Nami - Bellemere
Chopper - Dr. Hiluluk
Franky - Tom
Zoro - Kuina
Robin - Saul
Usopp - His mother

Luffy and Sanji are currently the only ones who didn't witness such a tragic death of their dear ones. I wonder what this will trigger within Luffy.it's true but neither of them were principal characters! but there's always a first time...

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 09:54 AM

Nami - Bellemere
Chopper - Dr. Hiluluk
Franky - Tom
Zoro - Kuina
Robin - Saul
Usopp - His mother

Luffy and Sanji are currently the only ones who didn't witness such a tragic death of their dear ones. I wonder what this will trigger within Luffy.

Yes but not like this, dammit :nerve not before all these sacrifices

Gats
February 08, 2010, 09:55 AM
luffy reacting to ace's death should be an epic moment especially since he is responsible for his death .
i think this leaves many possibilities now : perhapes oda could choose not to kill whitebeard. as for luffy i cant see him not seeking vengeance even if its not like him.
also luffy not being able to save ace should let him think again of kizaru's words" if you dont have the power there are things you cant save no matter how hard you try "

WB crew and Luffy did what they had to do by freeing Ace. If he dies now, it would be his fault.

I mean he had the opportunity to escape thanks to Luffy but he didn't take it.

Mythsoul
February 08, 2010, 09:58 AM
whoaaaaaaaaa..............ace dead.......damn......this will mess up Luffy....will it wake up his haki powers to the fullest..........Oda.....you are the man !!!!!1

N A O
I don't want to believe it, but it's the truth.
Now I know why he returned the direct broadcast, to let everyone witness to the death of Ace.

Pix™
Please add this translation to the spoiler thread

Soruce: JJT (http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/)
Credit: Idol
Verification: Confirmed

Il seguente spoiler è stato postato da ◆2GqVqHRvqs, un nuovo arrivato su 2ch
Ha postato questo spoiler 3 ore prima di Apprentice, ed è tornato ore piu tardi per dare maggiori dettagli.
Non sappiamo quanto possa essere credibile, tuttavia, dobbiamo tener conto che lui ci ha fornito lo spoiler originale PRIMA di Apprentice, addirittura 3 ore prima con lo stesso Titolo.

574: Portgas D. Ace, è morto.
Pirates: Ace è a terra!!!
I pirati sembrano scioccati, Barbabianca impallidisce, non riesce a dire una parola.

Akainu: Respira ancora?
Akainu prova a dare il colpo di grazia ad Ace: "Dannato bastardo".
Jinbei si mette fra di loro e viene "arrostito".
Jinbei:" Avevo già gettato al vento la mia vita!"

Sengoku ferma Garp.
Garp: Faresti meglio a fermarmi, Sengoku!! Altrimenti... potrei anche uccidere Sakazuki!!
Sengoku: idiota...!

Luffy: Ace!! Mi avevi promesso che non saresti morto!!
Ace si appoggia su Luffy,
Ace: Mi spiace, non sei/siete riusciti a salvarmi.

Marco è stato liberato da Mr.3, ed insieme a Vista attacca Akainu.
Akainu: Utilizzatori di Haki, Eh? Potreste essere un problema... lasciate perdere pugno di fuoco, ormai è andato.
Marco colpito dal rimorso abbasa la guardia.

Ace flashback, la gente malediceva Roger ed il suo sangue.
Gente: Le ultime parole del figlio di Roger saranno:
"Chiedo scusa a tutti per essere venuto al mondo!"

Ace: Non volevo essere famoso... Volevo solo sapere se la mia esistenza meritava un posto su questa terra.
Luffy: Ace!!
Ace: Mi dispiace per **** (mi spiace, non ricordo questo nome).
Se non fosse stato per te, dubito che avrei apprezzato il dono della vita .
Ace: Oh già, se vedi Dadan, chiedigli come va(non sono sicuro di questa frase). Anche un tipo come lui... mi manca in un momento come questo.
Ace: Non posso alzare la voce più di cosi... Rufy, dillo tu a tutti gli altri.
Papà.... voi altri.... e te Rufy...
Luffy: !!
Ace: Vi ringrazio tutti per aver voluto bene ad un poco di buono come me, il figlio di un demone.... vi ringrazio.

Barbabianca ha le lacrime agli occhi, e ricorda il suo primo incontro con Ace.
Ace cade a terra, la sua vivre card è bruciata del tutto.
Luffy: .....Ace?

Rufy urla con un'espressione del viso mai vista prima d'ora nel manga.

Flashback di quando Ace e Rufy erano piccoli.
Ace: Per che cavolo piangi!!
Luffy: Ma Ace, pensavo fossi morto...
Ace: Idiota, Come potrei morire e lasciare solo il mio unico fratellino? Te lo prometto, io non morirò mai.

hossice
February 08, 2010, 09:59 AM
an awesome attack for luffy to do would be; gear 2nd, gear 3rd, giganto jet gatling? lol i've always wondered how gear 3rd gatling would look like/ work lol.

im gonna cry when i get home if its true =/ lol

Shisu
February 08, 2010, 10:00 AM
Well, at least we can say through the entire rescue thingy Luffy got an indirect power up for the new world.

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 10:01 AM
WB crew and Luffy did what they had to do by freeing Ace. If he dies now, it would be his fault.

Indeed, and that's where the problem is, the pirates who came with WhiteBeard were ready to give their life for his sake, and with the first temptation ... the first blow ... he ... he dies.

ZelieL
February 08, 2010, 10:02 AM
God Damn You Oda, You made me Cry for the first time.

It is too much for my poor heart.

We all know that nearly noone die in One Piece well not in main plot, only Flashbacks but yet we have Oars Jr. down (By The Way where is his body? :darn ) and now Ace. Personally I don't think that Ace's death was meant to make Luffy more mature, Luffy is mature enough. IMO Oda made it that way to show Luffy that HE HAS TO unleash the power within him and train how to control it.

One more thing: I need to see this frikin' panel with Luffy after Ace passed away. It'll be trigger which will show us how massive Luffy's haki can be and for the first time Luffy will focus this power on someone (On Akainu). Well he won't controll it perfect so Buggy will finally get down and the Den Den mushi will show Luffy After the fact of kicking Akainu ass.

I Can see Garp Face : WTF? and also Sengoku : WTF??? ( And his goat xD with WTF? expression. ) Than Garp will say, You did one thing that i couldn't acomplish due to my position, I'm proud of You... Than goes bla bla bla and Garp saves Luffy with his fist of love ( Luffy will be send flying on the boat unconcious.) And Whitebeard will Finally make his Finall move.

Well more of this is just a simple prediction but hey wouldn't it be nice ? xD

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 10:06 AM

I mean he had the opportunity to escape thanks to Luffy he didn't take it.

well i just think that ace knew luffy was going to die if he didnt sacrfice himself if luffy was stronger he could have protected his own life thats probably what ace convinced himself

deffkryz
February 08, 2010, 10:07 AM
I know it should be better to stay quiet in times like these but... Never before I hoped a spoiler was fake that much.

All I know is: If Oda is really going to take that step, he won't do it out of the necessarity to gain or keep readers - so I believe Ace's death would have a meaning.

And if it's only to reveal that Crocodile is Ace's elder but genderbendered sister. :P

jamjamstyle
February 08, 2010, 10:09 AM
I honestly can't see how Oda wants to revive Ace in a way that's believable. The vivre card is burned out entirely, there's no one around who can save a died man... Unless Luffy's haki has something godly... Ace is a goner.

Gats
February 08, 2010, 10:12 AM
It seems that all of these events gave Ace the will to live finally, which seems more important for him than anything else after all. That's probably why he gave up against Whitebeard in the past etc

Garp's reaction is not so unlogical, because before punching Marco, he probably knew that Ace didn't really want to live, after all Garp knew him since he was a baby. But after this, Ace did his proclamation about his will to live, then it was increasingly difficult to Garp to accept his death from this point of story.

Keeper of Jericho
February 08, 2010, 10:12 AM
For me, it's not really Ace's death that bothers me, but it's that he dies now a minute after he's been freed. Mr 2, 10 years of Luffy's life, Whitebeard and all those other sacrifices, for nothing.

True, it makes it realistic, Luffy can't succeed every time, but still... Damn, it's hard to swallow.

Also, this line of the spoiler:

"Jinbei cuts in between them, and is burned to crisp."

Does that mean Jimbei dies as well this chapter?

jamjamstyle
February 08, 2010, 10:13 AM
Also, this line of the spoiler:

"Jinbei cuts in between them, and is burned to crisp."

Does that mean Jimbei dies as well this chapter?

How about assuming first that Bon clay died in Impel Down?

mĀŕςǾ
February 08, 2010, 10:13 AM
I can not believe this

Why do so, oda

Made me cry

This is madness

No, killing ace is madness

What is the use of the death of ace after he was rescued?

Quantam503
February 08, 2010, 10:14 AM
While I find it hard to beleive, I mean why rescue someone from certain death 2-3 times, only to kill them off a few chapters later?

Might be answering my own question, but if this is real, I can see Luffy getting some real resolve and training done before hooking up with the rest of the crew. Surely he'd want to prevent failing a third time.

hhv94
February 08, 2010, 10:15 AM
Sniff...Sniff...Oh dear, this looks extremely legit. Sigh, Especially after the pic of the cell phone text. If Ace is dead then, I'm going to hope Luffy beats the shit out of that bastard Akainu! *Goes to read some Perfect Girl Evolution* Must read something funny! :(

Keeper of Jericho
February 08, 2010, 10:16 AM
How about assuming first that Bon clay died in Impel Down?
True enough. It wouldn't be unrealistic if he survived, but still, he was up against Magellan. I say that unless somebody steps in, his survival chances are slim... But this is off-topic.

Gats
February 08, 2010, 10:17 AM
well i just think that ace knew luffy was going to die if he didnt sacrfice himself if luffy was stronger he could have protected his own life thats probably what ace convinced himself

Being strong or not is not the point here. Luffy did a lot of sacrifice in order to save Ace, he was running, fighting, being injured during two entire Arc without any break (his cure with Iva is not what we call a break LOL !) and yet he succeeded to free Ace. It's definitvely not Luffy's fault if Ace had to die here.

To the others guys here : the fact is Luffy has won, that's why Ace is dying THIS WAY.

Alien81
February 08, 2010, 10:17 AM
God Damn You Oda, You made me Cry for the first time.

It is too much for my poor heart.

We all know that nearly noone die in One Piece well not in main plot, only Flashbacks but yet we have Oars Jr. down (By The Way where is his body? :darn ) and now Ace. Personally I don't think that Ace's death was meant to make Luffy more mature, Luffy is mature enough. IMO Oda made it that way to show Luffy that HE HAS TO unleash the power within him and train how to control it.

One more thing: I need to see this frikin' panel with Luffy after Ace passed away. It'll be trigger which will show us how massive Luffy's haki can be and for the first time Luffy will focus this power on someone (On Akainu). Well he won't controll it perfect so Buggy will finally get down and the Den Den mushi will show Luffy After the fact of kicking Akainu ass.

I Can see Garp Face : WTF? and also Sengoku : WTF??? ( And his goat xD with WTF? expression. ) Than Garp will say, You did one thing that i couldn't acomplish due to my position, I'm proud of You... Than goes bla bla bla and Garp saves Luffy with his fist of love ( Luffy will be send flying on the boat unconcious.) And Whitebeard will Finally make his Finall move.

Well more of this is just a simple prediction but hey wouldn't it be nice ? xD

actually your not the only one, if the spoiler is true, then i guess you can put me on the list, i was not crying like a baby, when i was reading the lastest spoiler, but tears was around my eyes, damn only oda and OP has made me cry tear that way, if this is true it would be my second time.

the first one was when, luffy fought long nose -kun water 7 arch.:D

if this is true at least now bleach fans can use that as an excuse that oda never kills any characters.

ZelieL
February 08, 2010, 10:25 AM
actually your not the only one, if the spoiler is true, then i guess you can put me on the list, i was not crying like a baby, when i was reading the lastest spoiler, but tears was around my eyes, damn only oda and OP has made me cry tear that way, if this is true it would be my second time.

the first one was when, luffy fought long nose -kun water 7 arch.:D

if this is true at least now bleach fans can use that as an excuse that oda never kills any characters.

Ode kills characters but only in flashback and behind scenes but that is going offtopic.

If this is true than i can no imagine how magnificent will be a chapter after this one.

Now Oda is far above the line of Epicness and yet he is still going to make it Higher. Damn if Oda make more sad moments like this i'll have to read OP with tissues :darn

Than again, deep inside i hopa that Ace will survive somehow but it is marked ( I mean spoiler : Appretience + Aohige ) it is trully hard too believe that it is actually the real spoiler and yet the logic tell that it has to be true. Everything will be simplier after we see some pics.

jamjamstyle
February 08, 2010, 10:25 AM
Oda is perhaps trying to achieve several things with this:

- Making Luffy grow and realize limits. Perhaps he will seek out Dadan to achieve power.
- Killing Ace would make Luffy the only remaining young holder of the Will of D.
- Pirates around the world wouldn't be worried anymore that the heritage of Roger would take over as King.

nerevarine
February 08, 2010, 10:26 AM
I'm kinda confused about the development of the whole manga..... at the beginning, the SH went throught so much, were so near to death and still, the story was made quite funny.... but the further they travel, the more serious gets the whole story....

And for Oda showing us the death of not only an old character (Like WB), but Luffys brother, who's Gold Rogers son btw. this manga has reached a complete different Level of emotions....

I dunno whether I should prefer the unlogic, funny comedy, or the serious tragedy

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 10:27 AM
The marines are F**king dead now, they are literally screwed .

Jimbei said that he has already thrown away his life.
Marco can't forgive his distraction
Luffy cries with an expression never seen before in the manga (Something huge is coming ... the Apocalypse).
Squardo wanna pay his debts.
Supernova are coming (if they aren't ... they look just like pieces of coward craps in my eyes)
Garp is Crazy
WhiteBeard will think that he's useless, couldn't save one single son of him and brought many to their graves.
And all the other pirates are ready to die (except Buggy xD) (Just like the Spartans)

Us I've said above, the MarineFord is gonna be the place where they'll die, their f**king grave

the Pirates are going to be their nightmare

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/onion021.gif

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 10:29 AM
huh...in the script...
Is Actually Red Dog , somehow afraid of Haki users ? because from the looks of it he is troubled about Haki Users :))))) This is something interesting...
so Actually Red Dog is a truly strong Logia Type.
But somehow afraid of Haki users as Df users or None :)

patz
February 08, 2010, 10:31 AM
Seriously, does everyone believe in this spoiler? Ace's dead after he was just freed?

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 10:34 AM
Seriously, does everyone believe in this spoiler? Ace's dead after he was just freed?
Quoting myself, it feels weird :s

Dammit :nerve I didn't want to read the spoilers, and I tried to resist, but I couldn't resist the temptation http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tantrumsmiley.gif
I hope it's not true but I can't fool myself that was clear from the very beginning but I turned a blind eye to that and I painted my own reality, to avoid admitting the truth.
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/laie_14.gif

but I still have faith

Arkadi
February 08, 2010, 10:34 AM
the dead of portgaz d ace, could also mean that he will change his name to gol d. Ace... but still i wanna know the story he would never do something unnecessary

Pr0d1gy2k5
February 08, 2010, 10:36 AM

Luffy cries with an expression never seen before in the manga (Something huge is coming ... the Apocalypse).
Supernova are coming (if they aren't ... they look just like pieces of coward craps in my eyes)
Garp is Crazy
WhiteBeard will think that he's useless, couldn't save one single son of him and brought many to their graves.
And all the other pirates are ready to die (except Buggy xD) (Just like the Spartans)

Us I've said above, the MarineFord is gonna be the place where they'll die, their f**king grave

.Jimbei threw his life away at the beginning of the fight, he said the same thing back then.
.Garp is being held off by sengoku and he obviously wont let him go.
.Supernovas wont make it in time even if they go i think, remember this is all happening in a matter of minutes ( 1-2 hours tops ).
.Squardo already made his move by getting the paddleship there.

Hm that leaves a severly wounded Whitebeard, the vice captains, an all around tired Luffy and Jimbei i guess...dont get me wrong, i still think they're going to create total Havoc and pull something off, but its not much of a fighting force unfortunatly :<

Regarding the War of the strongest Pirate Crew vs the Marines, its a total loss from the Pirates side :| - They ( almost ) lost WB, and now Ace dies? Total disaster :x

PS: Im still in denial ;_;

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 10:37 AM

i know its hard to believe but that cell phone is making the situation even worse ( cell phones are bad luck )

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 10:39 AM
I believe in this phrase
"Ace: You idiot, how could I leave my own brother and die? I promise. I'll never die."
Even if the situation looks terrific and hopeless.

ZelieL
February 08, 2010, 10:40 AM

Quoting myself, it feels weird :s

Same goes here but i have to do this :darn

Than again, deep inside i hopa that Ace will survive somehow but it is marked ( I mean spoiler : Appretience + Aohige ) it is trully hard too believe that it is actually the real spoiler and yet the logic tell that it has to be true. Everything will be simplier after we see some pics.

It is deadly combo that was accurate in 99,99 % (100 % ?) .

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 10:42 AM
I just realised something. If WB destroys Marineford, that means Garp will die... NOOO!!! And all the other strong marines we still wanted to see in action (action as in a one-on-one fight)!

So WB won't sink Marineford, or if he does, somehow the important Marines survive.

Ok, I tried to think of something else but... ACE DIES!!! Dammit, I don't want it to be true but it wouldn't be all bad you know, I mean... every cloud... silver whatsit... bah, whatever, gonna go pee in the neighbour's hedges to blow off some steam...

Gats
February 08, 2010, 10:43 AM
I believe in this phrase
"Ace: You idiot, how could I leave my own brother and die? I promise. I'll never die."

Yeah...He'll never die...in his heart ! *finishing move on Black Lagoon*

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 10:44 AM
Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!!!
My my my...Marines won.
War is over.
Justice will Prevail xD

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 10:46 AM
I believe in this phrase

i think that was in a flashback. we have no choice but to accept that ace is DEAD i hope it will be easy to get over it

Yans86
February 08, 2010, 10:46 AM
OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!I really have no words....this is....damn!!Garp kill Sakazuki already!!!!How much can I hate Akainu?????damn!!!Well,he is the "best" villain so far in OP world,I love him because he is a character made for being hated,even if I dislike him :-P(does it make sense??I hope so...)
Poor Luffy,and all those guys,this is so sad...probably the saddest moment in OP history.To see Luffy face it will be so painful,I don't want it....anyway biig compliments on Oda's part.He is always above and beyond in everything he does....how this story is going to move forward???I can't imagine....but all this emotions,fights ecc....r just so true even if in a fiction that It's impossible to not love this manga!!!

R.I.P Portgas Firefist Gol D. Ace!!!!

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 10:47 AM
Ok, lemme just say something for the people who think Ace might not die. He has a Akainu-fist sized hole through his torso!!! How do you write your way out of that, Oda?! Didn't think so!

I don't think Marco can resurrect other people, just himself, and I wouldn't go so far to call it resurrection, since that implies that he can come back from the dead. I think it's more like immunity, since we've seen so far that he doesn't take damage in his phoenix or half-phoenix forms. BUT, Oda hasn't explained Marco's powers YET, so hope if you want, but I for one am setting up my shrine to Ace, complete with candles and incence

chess4
February 08, 2010, 10:50 AM
i dont think ace will die still. the last phrase, he may still live

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 10:52 AM
How do you write your way out of that, Oda?! Didn't think so!

OOPS!

Forgot who I was talking about, I meant no disrespect, I know he's the master and all, I just got carried away, hehe...

I just mean that, if someone can survive this, then pretty much no one is ever gonna die in One Piece. So I think Ace HAS to die. It's not about simply turning to fire and reforming, all that flesh and bones and whatever that's supposed to be there is now gone, since there's a huge hole in it's place. He's not a hollow, he doesn't have instant regeneration.

PaLLl
Naaah i love Red Dog.
As for me he's a bad Ass .
A Real Realist !
A thing called THE LAW ! :) Good Lad indeed.

I <3 that son of the gun (Akainu)

Junaid_Sennin

I think that's a memory, they're not actually saying it at that moment

Ero-Sanji
February 08, 2010, 10:54 AM
No!
This can't be true!

So the first to drop dead was the brother of the main character, good/bad thinking Oda, although this sucks it makes sense. Luffy can't always make everything better and this will put him under a lot of pressure. Now he has a vendetta on every single Admiral, nice!

Youbba
February 08, 2010, 10:54 AM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They said the spoiler has been confirmed by Nja, NO NO it can't be true, ACE is dead.

REVENGE, REVENGE, desrtoy Marinford, kill Akainu, REVENGE.

kkck
February 08, 2010, 10:55 AM

Garp is Crazy

I don't see the marines being screwed at all. Quite frankly, other than plotwise, they have the upperhand right now. The admirals are fine for the most part. They can fight just as well as they did before. Marco has a few injuries. Jozu is out. WB is on the verge of death. Jimbei is strong but as things stand an admiral would most likely defeat him unless he can fight them from underwater. Also, why would the supernova show up? They lack the strength to make a difference in this war and would require the same constant protection luffy had should they even think about getting close to the front lines. Garp might go wild now and that would make a huge difference though. WB is likely to start a real rampage, we might even see a glimpse of the strength he had in the past.

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 08, 2010, 10:55 AM

thats impossible unless there is dragon balls in op ( seriously does a dragon have balls)

kkck
February 08, 2010, 10:58 AM
Am I the only one who thinks ace had it coming? I mean, he pulled one reckless stunt after the other in spite of what WB ordered. I don't even feel sorry for him -it is good to see stupid reckless people can die in shounen, wish the same was true in naruto-. At least we won't see stupid reckless stunts from him now.

Junaid_Sennin
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They said the spoiler has been confirmed by Nja, NO NO it can't be true, ACE is dead.

REVENGE, REVENGE, desrtoy Marinford, kill Akainu, REVENGE.

To quote Sai:

"Sh$% just got real."

Gats
thats impossible unless there is dragon balls in op ( seriously does a dragon have balls)

Well there's still Iva, even if his rate success is a few %. But I don't think he can do something now.

chess4
February 08, 2010, 10:59 AM
I think that's a memory, they're not actually saying it at that moment

i hope not. this is terrible if he is dead. if he dies this arc will have been a gigantic waste. so many people killed and ace still not being rescued?

a lot of people put the necks on the line. invonkov, inazuma, mr.2, all the WB pirates, jinbei, all of the NW captains and their crews, mr 3.

i mean this chapter has been going on a year and a half, if ace dies what was the point then.

also oda has keep lesser characters alive after serious injuries, so to kill ace will be kinda shocking

SenninSage
February 08, 2010, 10:59 AM
I knew it, didn't I call it? I knew Ace was going to die. Damn it, so sad to see him go though, such a great and immensely likeable character. He really does give off the vibe of that cool and perfect big brother that you just always want to brag to your friends and anyone else about.

Incredible chapter. Garp's statement is also a major highlight, telling Sengoku to stop him or he's going to kill Akainu. I like the certainty with which Garp said what he did.

OMG, I want to see Ace's death avenged so bad. Even if it doesn't end up in a major and equal loss on the marine side, I at least want some kind of message to be sent as to what's to come. I would really love it if Luffy was determined from here on out to really strike back at the marines in the harshest of ways possible for Ace's death, or perhaps he won't necessarily target the marines, but he will elevate his ambitions even further, to create a pirate age unlike any before it, one that will completely swallow up the world government.

Desman
February 08, 2010, 11:00 AM
wow woke up late and checked spoilers... Well its kinda logical to Ace die (now ppl who blamed oda fool not killing Oars Jr. have got their kill) but think about it he got literally punched nearly half... most of logias would survive, but since as previous chapter said magma>fire. Unless Luffy has stolen rumble ball Ace cant survive. I kinda hate Akainu already so this pisses off. Basically next few chapter may be like remembering Ace while escaping..

now PLEASE WHITEBEARD KILL AKAINU :D
or Garp kill Akainu..

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 11:01 AM
.Jimbei threw his life away at the beginning of the fight, he said the same thing back then.
.Garp is being held off by sengoku and he obviously wont let him go.
.Supernovas wont make it in time even if they go i think, remember this is all happening in a matter of minutes ( 1-2 hours tops ).
.Squardo already made his move by getting the paddleship there.

Hm that leaves a severly wounded Whitebeard, the vice captains, an all around tired Luffy and Jimbei i guess...dont get me wrong, i still think they're going to create total Havoc and pull something off, but its not much of a fighting force unfortunatly :<

Regarding the War of the strongest Pirate Crew vs the Marines, its a total loss from the Pirates side :| - They ( almost ) lost WB, and now Ace dies? Total disaster :x

PS: Im still in denial ;_;

I think you don't know how a man hurt in his pride, ego, feeling ... feels and and what he's capable of, do you?
- when you throw your life away, it doesn't mean you should take it now, i mean from the moment you make your choice ;)
- As for the supernovas, we have already discussed this topic and there's a possibility.
- Garp vs Sengoku was very obvious from the very beginning.

jamjamstyle
February 08, 2010, 11:02 AM
Akainu's death... i'm calling it!!! This guy needs his head chopped into pieces because he won't escape WB's Bisento. WB the man who treasures his nakama, seeing in front of him one of his most important men getting killed....

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 11:03 AM
We should hold a wake/memorial service for Ace in the Mega Convo thread after the chapter is released. We can be like:

A - 'Remember that time, when he destroyed, like, SIX Baroque Works ships with just ONE punch?'

B - '... yeah.'

A - '... that was awesome.'

B - '... yeah.'

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 11:03 AM
It is confirmed.

Rest in Peace, Portgas D. Ace. You will be missed.

Gats
February 08, 2010, 11:04 AM
i hope not. this is terrible if he is dead. if he dies this arc will have been a gigantic waste. so many people killed and ace still not being rescued?

a lot of people put the necks on the line. invonkov, inazuma, mr.2, all the WB pirates, jinbei, all of the NW captains and their crews, mr 3.

i mean this chapter has been going on a year and a half, if ace dies what was the point then.

also oda has keep lesser characters alive after serious injuries, so to kill ace will be kinda shocking

What waste ?
It's not like Ace was a bigger character than Crocodile. We didn't see much about him.

I don't know what he would bring to the New World seriously. The arc was not a waste, there were plot development from these : Blackbeard ultimate goal, Luffy new allies (Boa Hancock, the awakening of the Revolutionary army in the manga etc..), WB crew will disappear => the New World won't be the same, Buggy having a huge crew and probably being a new "threat" (lol) and many more.

sarutobi_sensei
February 08, 2010, 11:05 AM
I want to see Marine Blood being spilled! Kill Akainu! Kill Kizaru! Kill them both! They do not deserve to Live! KILL THEM SOMEONE!!!!!

Why do the Pirates need to get completely killed and destroyed! They lost Ace, they're loosing WB and they also are loosing Jinbei.

fallou
February 08, 2010, 11:05 AM
So that's it then...Ace was a pretty cool character,even if he had become quite whiny in the end. Well,rest in peace hiken, but honestly it doesn't make me sad at all. As long as Oda doesn't (and i knock on Wood and cross my fingers on this one) kill a strawhat crewmember, I think it's fine. I hope Luffy goes berserk though, and I hope that it will be a motivation for him, to learn how to deal with the logia problem. In the end, Akainu seems to be the only marine that can get things done properly. Got WB stabbed and Ace killed. Just with words. But what a stupid death... Honestly...

SenninSage
February 08, 2010, 11:06 AM
This death was handled in such a truly unbelievable manner. I don't like to see Ace go, he's easily one of my favorite One Piece characters, but the way he went was impressively handled and deserving of such a great character, I think.

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 11:07 AM
Am I the only one who thinks ace had it coming? I mean, he pulled one reckless stunt after the other in spite of what WB ordered. I don't even feel sorry for him -it is good to see stupid reckless people can die in shounen, wish the same was true in naruto-. At least we won't see stupid reckless stunts from him now.

Indeed, He's reckless and all but doesn't deserve to die a miserable death, he's still young and stuffs, so can change.

Good point though. ^_^

TwEeD
February 08, 2010, 11:07 AM
GODDAMNIT what a shit day.... lost my job and now friggin' Ace dies?

I hope Oda is just pullin' one on us, what a pointless death... Luffy gave many years of his life to rescue him, succeeded and now he goes on dying like this?

Not ... amused ... at ... ALL

The Closet Pervert
February 08, 2010, 11:09 AM

To quote someone I don't remember..

The point of all these arcs have not been to save ace. In the big picture, point of these arcs has been changing the era. And to quote Tolkien.. "this is the great battle of our time".

Once in a while there comes an event what defines all events coming after that. Execution of Gold D. Roger was one such event. The death of Ace and Whitebeard, and the (potential) destruction of the Marineford, is another one of those events.

Death of Whitebeard may be an event of era-changing magnitude for people in the world of One Piece, but for us readers the event of era-changing magnitude is this fight for the life of Ace, and the death of Ace.

The point of all these arcs, all these events since Ace went to face-off with Blackbeard and Luffy punched a Tenriyybito (is it spelled like that?) was not to make pirates save Ace. The whole time, point of these events was this. The death of Ace.

That's how I feel. This move is of such brilliance, that it would be a major plunder for Oda to NOT do this (thus I think this is real).

panasit
February 08, 2010, 11:11 AM
Umm... Anybody else troubled by Jinbei's death?

Rotten The Wizard
February 08, 2010, 11:13 AM
Akainu's death... i'm calling it!!! This guy needs his head chopped into pieces because he won't escape WB's Bisento. WB the man who treasures his nakama, seeing in front of him one of his most important men getting killed....

if its true then It practically Ensures Akainu's survival till The End of this manga.
Akainu has become the main Villain/Badass that nobody Likes. What this manga was missing (lets face it, alot of us like Teach)

mysteries
February 08, 2010, 11:15 AM
Well Dead or not, someone's Ass Is gonna get a Whopping

Maybe His death was necessary for Luffy to gain control of his "Haki" - like the time in level 5.5 i think? when he protected bon-chan. Maybe this time the face we may see is him storing it up instead of releasing it, and it will be a new Gear! Or Gear 3rd with Haki that would be sweet

Sirios Whitestrom
February 08, 2010, 11:15 AM
We all saw this coming. I just didn't think it would happen after Luffy saved Ace and everything was starting to look so bright. This is a very, very sad day.

LongLiveOnePiece
February 08, 2010, 11:16 AM
Respect to GOda and Ace of course.it will be a pretty sad chapter.an unlikely for OP..rly i m curious about the expression of luffy and reaction from luffy WB and maybe garp?? it seems unbelievable but that is to be expected from GOda once again

hiper05
Umm... Anybody else troubled by Jinbei's death?

I hope Jimbei is not also dead, just burnt, trying to protect ace's body.

jamjamstyle
We should hold a wake/memorial service for Ace in the Mega Convo thread after the chapter is released. We can be like:

A - 'Remember that time, when he destroyed, like, SIX Baroque Works ships with just ONE punch?'

B - '... yeah.'

A - '... that was awesome.'

B - '... yeah.'

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2764/52914069.png

You should add this while your at it.

RichardMNixon
February 08, 2010, 11:17 AM
Major buzz kill to rescue him and then have him die on the way out. Akainu's walking spanish.

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 11:17 AM
Well you say the stupidity...
that makes most part of humans blind because of their feelings...
Revenge , Avenge....

It was Ace fault all along.
Of being such a careless....
Not obeying an Order and words of a Cap.
+ Wb fault of not stoping him.

But still Ace died on his own reason.
How you can live and respect someone and even love someone .
If you don't respect or love yourself...
Damn kid...Blinded...by the anger and the dark words of others...
And now everyone is blinded also.....

As for Akainu...
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

frontaLobotomy
February 08, 2010, 11:19 AM
So it's been confirmed it seems. One Piece has lost one of it's most popular characters. That's fine though, Ace didn't live with any regrets. Luffy needed something like this to happen so that he realises that the Marines are serious, and their 'Justice' will strive to take everything he values away from him. He now has a beef with each of the 3 Admirals, which is pretty cool.
Up until now, he's been spared the horrible side of the world of Piracy; none of his allies have died before his eyes. Bon Clay could well be alive for all we know, but that's neither here nor there right now. Losing Ace will bring about a profound change in Luffy. Not just because it was his brother that was killed, but also because he always wished to surpass him on his way to becoming Pirate King. He will have to live his life knowing one of the people he could never beat, is now dead and he won't ever get another chance to change that.

hiper05
February 08, 2010, 11:19 AM
Luffy doesn't have anymore strenght to fight back now. He's going to have to admit, he failed. But, when he sees an admiral the next time, they are sure to get there assess wiped.

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 11:20 AM
Someone stated earlier that both Akainu and Kizaru should die, and I can understand why you would say so, since I hate them too, but I disagree. Firstly, I really don't think either of them are gonna die in this arc. Secondly, Kizaru should die, but not Akainu. Not yet anyway. He's become way too important as an enemy (I don't wanna say villain coz, even though he's methods are devious, he IS in fact a good guy, being a marine and all). I actually think all Akainu's stunts in this war (tricking Squardo into injuring WB and injuring him himself, thus leading to WB's impending defeat, plus now killing Ace) will get him promoted to Gensui, and Sengoku either fired or demoted.

So that's it then...Ace was a pretty cool character,even if he had become quite whiny in the end. Well,rest in peace hiken, but honestly it doesn't make me sad at all. As long as Oda doesn't (and i knock on Wood and cross my fingers on this one) kill a strawhat crewmember, I think it's fine. I hope Luffy goes berserk though, and I hope that it will be a motivation for him, to learn how to deal with the logia problem. In the end, Akainu seems to be the only marine that can get things done properly. Got WB stabbed and Ace killed. Just with words. But what a stupid death... Honestly...

I think Luffy needs to learn to use a weapon. The Amazon Lily arc showed us some of the applications of Haki, specifically that it can be imbued in one's weapons to strengthen them. Whitebeard does this with his Bisento, which is why his strikes are so destructive. Using a weapon may not be in his fighting style, but he has to adapt if he wants to become stronger. I don't want him to be a swordsman though, but I can't think of a weapon that would suit him. He's kinda like a monkey, so maybe a Bo staff, like Sun Wukong from Journey to the West (and by extension, Son Goku from Dragonball).

Sirios Whitestrom
February 08, 2010, 11:20 AM
Akainu just thoroughly pissed off the man who will become Pirate King.

Desman
February 08, 2010, 11:27 AM
I think Luffy needs to learn to use a weapon. The Amazon Lily arc showed us some of the applications of Haki, specifically that it can be imbued in one's weapons to strengthen them. Whitebeard does this with his Bisento, which is why his strikes are so destructive. Using a weapon may not be in his fighting style, but he has to adapt if he wants to become stronger. I don't want him to be a swordsman though, but I can't think of a weapon that would suit him. He's kinda like a monkey, so maybe a Bo staff, like Sun Wukong from Journey to the West (and by extension, Son Goku from Dragonball).

Uhm there isnt reason why he should absolutely learn using a weapon since when he impues his attacks with haki its like he would add haki power to his hands or legs or whatever body part is used in attack. If he has fought all these years without a weapon he isnt going to get better even with haki impued weapon than haki impued to his body. We actually have seen how good is he with swords in Arlong arc..so I would say its no hope he would get more power with weapon.

kingkano
February 08, 2010, 11:27 AM
maybe someone in wb crew can resurrect people from dead, someone like marco or ivankov but to do that, they need a living sacrifice for that and of course that will be whitebeard.

luffy_boy
February 08, 2010, 11:32 AM
Someone stated earlier that both Akainu and Kizaru should die, and I can understand why you would say so, since I hate them too, but I disagree. Firstly, I really don't think either of them are gonna die in this arc. Secondly, Kizaru should die, but not Akainu. Not yet anyway. He's become way too important as an enemy (I don't wanna say villain coz, even though he's methods are devious, he IS in fact a good guy, being a marine and all). I actually think all Akainu's stunts in this war (tricking Squardo into injuring WB and injuring him himself, thus leading to WB's impending defeat, plus now killing Ace) will get him promoted to Gensui, and Sengoku either fired or demoted.

Well could you tell me why someone like kizaru should die a soon as possible, instead of someone like akainu... well the akainu part has been explained but why kizaru...

I did`nt want to post untill the spoiler would be confirmed..... and now it has been confirmed. And again just like the other moments, luffy could`nt protect someone who was important to him. Which will make him more mature IMO.

Desman
February 08, 2010, 11:33 AM
maybe someone in wb crew can resurrect people from dead, someone like marco or ivankov but to do that, they need a living sacrifice for that and of course that will be whitebeard.

jeez pretty far taken thingy.. why they wouldnt have rezzed Thatch then (ex 4th commander slain by Blackbeard)? That is probly not gonna happen more likely Garp will beat Akainu to death

PaLLl
February 08, 2010, 11:33 AM
....just let that crap aside...
Forget that sh`t already...
Ace is Dead.
Once and for all.
:facepalm seriously stop it !

hhv94
February 08, 2010, 11:35 AM
PaLL i think everyone is going through their stages of grief. I'd be patient, its such a terrible character loss. :p

mr.danly
I'm impressed that Oda actually had the guts to go through with killing one of the most popular characters of One Piece, especially considering how he never usually kills off characters. RIP Portgas D. Ace, RIP. Luffy's about to go ape-shit and murder Akainu. It was nice to see Garp showing some emotion as well.

Junaid_Sennin
Uhm there isnt reason why he should absolutely learn using a weapon since when he impues his attacks with haki its like he would add haki power to his hands or legs or whatever body part is used in attack.

What if he's fighting someone like Magellan again, someone who you can't physically touch or you'll damage yourself?

I think that, even if haki attacks can hurt Logias, the attacker will still be hurt by the logias element if it's an element that hurts you on contact, like Akainu. We don't have a lot of info about this phenomenon yet, so this is just my own speculation, but I find it highly likely, and it makes sense to me.

I don't think it's right to say that he won't get stronger by using a weapon now since he's fought all his life without one. He can learn, that's the whole point of what we're trying to say when we say that Luffy has to become stronger. He can put in the hard work and training to become skilled with a weapon. He doesn't have to rely solely on the weapon, he can still fight his usual way and then use the weapon when he needs to.

panasit
February 08, 2010, 11:40 AM
I feel sorry for Garp and Whitebeard the most. What is Whitebeard going to do now? Exchange his life with Marine Headquarters as he planned?

What pissed off is that Luffy couldn't keep his promise he make with Bon Chan and not to mention the sacrifice of Hancock. I still hold out hopes, but I know it's unreasonable. It's not that I don't think Ace shouldn't die or anything. But when Luffy try really hard for so long and cheat death many times, I want him to succeed. When he told Nico Robin, who knew that no matter how good her friends are, they will never match the power of Buster Call, that he (representing the "they") will definitely save her, I believe that. Because Luffy always keep his promise. He sent Crocodile flying, he saved Nico Robin.

I just really want him to be able to save Ace.

Desman
February 08, 2010, 11:40 AM
-sigh- Unless something refutes this next chapter then Oda has officially made this arc completely and utterly pointless, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. GOD I hate it when writers think they know how to create "drama".

So just last 50 or more chapters were waste? Reason = Ace died?
As Garp WB and Sengoku said NEW ERA IS STARTING it would be rather lame to say that whole war for one nakama would be pointles (no offense meant). Also now as Strawhat crew has been separated it would have been more waste of time to show how they get back together. Also it has been some time since it could have been possible to see Ace was dying. Since Thriller Bark where Ace's vivre card was burning out. Killing Ace isnt drama its more like reality of war in the situation.

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 11:41 AM
Well could you tell me why someone like kizaru should die a soon as possible, instead of someone like akainu... well the akainu part has been explained but why kizaru...

:p Sorry, no reasoned argument for this one, I just RRRREEEEAAAALLLYYY want someone to :chair him! It doesn't have to be Luffy. It doesn't even have to be a Straw Hat. He's just someone that I don't like, and I want him to be taken down. I don't HATE him, I just find him annoying.

PLUS, I REALLY like his df, so the sooner he dies, the sooner the fruit respawns so someone better can have it :p

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 11:42 AM

I'd hate that, when a character dies and a lot of tear filled eyes and broken hearts. things should stay as it's. :darn

plex
February 08, 2010, 11:43 AM
Maybe he isn't done yet, perhaps he will show us the true power of the Kings Haki, the power to overcome death, the will of fire, to make the impossible possible!:wtf
Sure Luffy will mature and so on..but I still think it's kinda useless to kill Ace now.. .:oh

Arkadi
February 08, 2010, 11:44 AM
ACE WILL NOT DIE. HE IS WAAAY TOO IMPORTANT!! NO WAY HE WILL DIE, he HAD HIS WILL BACK EVRYONE SACREFISED A LOT FOR HIM, OARS DIED, LUFFY WENT TROUGH HELL AND DEATH BON CLAY DIED. WB DIED, LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE DIED, ... so i don't see why they would kill ace of... even if it's "true" i will never admit it ": P i would say his grave is a fake and he went undercover as an marine.

Desman
February 08, 2010, 11:47 AM
What if he's fighting someone like Magellan again, someone who you can't physically touch or you'll damage yourself?

I think that, even if haki attacks can hurt Logias, the attacker will still be hurt by the logias element if it's an element that hurts you on contact, like Akainu. We don't have a lot of info about this phenomenon yet, so this is just my own speculation, but I find it highly likely, and it makes sense to me.

I don't think it's right to say that he won't get stronger by using a weapon now since he's fought all his life without one. He can learn, that's the whole point of what we're trying to say when we say that Luffy has to become stronger. He can put in the hard work and training to become skilled with a weapon. He doesn't have to rely solely on the weapon, he can still fight his usual way and then use the weapon when he needs to.

well i get your point there put lets say Zoro would fight against Magellan then Magellan would use kinjite(most destructive poison) it wouldnt make any difference since swords would be destroyed.

my point in luffy learning weapons is that he can't master it as Zoro can who have been using same kind of weapon for years. If he would try to master a weapon to level where he could defeat an Admiral it would take too long. He probly would do it better and faster by focusing how to use haki (when he realises his own potential and realises taht there is something like haki existing)

Andonan
February 08, 2010, 11:50 AM
I'm just in awe, and for everyone who hates this decision it makes me just respect Oda more because he had the guts to do it, OP is going to go down as one of the greatest mangas of all time because this chapter thats coming out just ruined anyone's argument that they didn't like OP, the "no one ever dies" get this all you people out there, not only did someone die he was one of the most favorite characters, can you ever imagine Kishi killing Sasuke (except perhaps at the end) or Kubo killing Hitsuyuga? No! And that is why this is that much more impressive!!!!

AiddonValentine
February 08, 2010, 11:51 AM
So just last 50 or more chapters were waste? Reason = Ace died?
As Garp WB and Sengoku said NEW ERA IS STARTING it would be rather lame to say that whole war for one nakama would be pointles (no offense meant). Also now as Strawhat crew has been separated it would have been more waste of time to show how they get back together. Also it has been some time since it could have been possible to see Ace was dying. Since Thriller Bark where Ace's vivre card was burning out. Killing Ace isnt drama its more like reality of war in the situation.

I don't care about the whole "The new era is starting" bollocks. Oda didn't have to make an entire arc about saving one's brother just to have him die at the end for the sake of pretentious illusions of maturity (which far too many shounen series have done over the past fifteen years now that I think about it). Besides, wasn't the whole central theme about One Piece about defying challenges and beating impossible odds? Yeah, nice way to completely go against that for absolutely no bloody reason.

OunknownO
February 08, 2010, 11:52 AM
R.I.P. Ace plain and simple

iKeno
February 08, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm starting to love this Akainu fella more and more...this guy is the greatest troll to ever be written in a manga...can iva revive ace !??!?!?

Gats
February 08, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm just in awe, and for everyone who hates this decision it makes me just respect Oda more because he had the guts to do it, OP is going to go down as one of the greatest mangas of all time because this chapter thats coming out just ruined anyone's argument that they didn't like OP, the "no one ever dies" get this all you people out there, not only did someone die he was one of the most favorite characters, can you ever imagine Kishi killing Sasuke (except perhaps at the end) or Kubo killing Hitsuyuga? No! And that is why this is that much more impressive!!!!

In an interview Oda said he didn't, he isn't and he won't listening/reading other's ideas (from editors, readers, fans or anyone else), he is only following his own ideas for the plot. :shakefist

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 11:54 AM
Man... I don't like fighting in forums, and I especially don't like posting things that have already been posted, but I think I speak for all the people who get One Piece and Oda when I say that this arc was NOT a waste!!

These past few arcs were about driving the plot forward and developing the characters. We have the New Era, ushered in by Ace's and WB's sacrifice (and Bon-chan, by extension), and we have Luffy's maturity after dealing with such a monumental event. Whitebeard's death is a HUUUUGE deal in the One Piece world, since it's the death of the world's strongest pirate and the man closest to One Piece. More importantly though, it signify's the marine's victory over the world's strongest pirate and his crew and allies, basically telling the rest of the world that no one can beat the marines.

(I know WB is still alive, but even if he survives, he still loses the war)

Ace's death affects more than just Luffy though. The world now knows he was Roger's son, which is a very powerful symbol, and killing him makes a big statement - if even 'pirate royalty' gets killed, the scum of the seas has no hope.

Then there's what was seen by the people on SA. They're still under the impression that WB is a douche. Many people, like the Supernovae, weren't fooled, but still, sullying his name, the name of the ruler of the seas and the man who protected Fishman Island, is kinda big. A lot of people had faith in him and looked up to him...

I'm not only off topic, I'm long-winded and repetitive. I apologize, but I just want everyone to 'get' what Oda's setting up for us, and really appreciate One Piece.

lxcid
February 08, 2010, 11:55 AM
maybe Will of D is the will of death. to cheat death? I hope do hope so. Even if it means screwing up his current plot.

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 11:56 AM
I don't see the marines being screwed at all. Quite frankly, other than plotwise, they have the upperhand right now. The admirals are fine for the most part. They can fight just as well as they did before. Marco has a few injuries. Jozu is out. WB is on the verge of death. Jimbei is strong but as things stand an admiral would most likely defeat him unless he can fight them from underwater. Also, why would the supernova show up? They lack the strength to make a difference in this war and would require the same constant protection luffy had should they even think about getting close to the front lines. Garp might go wild now and that would make a huge difference though. WB is likely to start a real rampage, we might even see a glimpse of the strength he had in the past.

Sure, but just remember my words and you'll see.
When someone so close to you dies ... wounds & injuries practically became just like little scratchs and you push yourself beyond your limit till you lose consciousness and sometimes die.

LordZet
Ace isn't dead. it'd be pointless if he did. The only one to die is WB it's set in stone.

LongLiveOnePiece
If Ace dies i want luffy to take his aces to Thousand Sunny and "make" them a never ending fire somewhere at the ship..So he will always remember how it feels to loose a close one

Junaid_Sennin
February 08, 2010, 12:00 PM
maybe Will of D is the will of death. to cheat death? I hope do hope so. Even if it means screwing up his current plot.

Then why didn't Roger cheat death?

BlazingMonkey
i dont know why but I have a feeling that WB might survive and curse a Vandetta on the WG mybe even teaming up with Dragon (only if the spoiler are true and Ace dies though)

Maledicente
Oh noes! Ace kicked the bucket!!

Now you can call THAT a shocking death, not the whole BS about White Beard's. I hope Ace stays dead and hope Luffy won't pull a berserker and become ultra overpower with blind rage. That's way too cliché.

Junaid_Sennin
Sure, but just remember my words and you'll see.
When someone so close to you dies ... wounds & injuries practically became just like little scratchs and you push yourself beyond your limit till you lose consciousness and sometimes die.

Hasn't he (Luffy) already pushed himself beyond his limits? THRICE?

kingkano
February 08, 2010, 12:02 PM
I'd hate that, when a character dies and a lot of tear filled eyes and broken hearts. things should stay as it's. :darn

I dont care if he dies or not it was just an idea maybe oda just wants to play with us a little. I would like if he really would be dead because that makes everything a lot more interesting in one piece.

Black Lagoon
February 08, 2010, 12:04 PM
Ace isn't dead. it'd be pointless if he did. The only one to die is WB it's set in stone.

I hope so but I don't wanna shatter any illusions here, we gotta accept it no matter how big it is or 'pointless' it is in your case.

gh0un
February 08, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hasn't he (Luffy) already pushed himself beyond his limits? THRICE?

Yes and if Oda doesnt wake up, Luffy will push himself beyond his limit four more times, until every Marine is dead.

Luffy should just die already, he overdid it THRICE.