ChuckBartowski
January 29, 2010, 07:09 PM
Read: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/170-42/1
Download: http://mangastream.com/download/fairy_tail/170-42

Enjoy! :p

Solfy
January 29, 2010, 07:23 PM
Awesome twist ! Erza is a badguy, I mean, a badgirl :P
After all, that coincides a little with her personality. She have always been lawful and everything, even letting Gerard get jailed. She actually thinks she's going against some dark guild.

The other guy looks boring, but heh, you can't have it all.

Oh, and adult Wendy is HAWT. Erza's still better, but she's not far behind :D

Mirko-kun
January 29, 2010, 07:34 PM
Awesomeeee!
Already I want it her fights between Natsu and Erza ^^

soulbane_zp
January 29, 2010, 07:46 PM
Great chapter :)

It seems that Natsu has already been here before but lost his memory of it or something, he recognized Wendy when he first saw her and it seems he knows her from Edoras. Also since there is a Wendy in Edoras there probably will be an Edoras version of Natsu, and it's gonna be connected to the talk Igneel and Grandine had, when Grandine said that maybe that time they will have more friendly relationship.

kazille
January 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
now waiting for a natsu vs erza nightwalker fight! yeah!!

kkck
January 29, 2010, 08:59 PM
Interesting.... So mira is the same as in the other world because she has an opposite personality but lisana didn't die in this world.....

Wonder what the natsu in this world is like though.... I get the impression he should be a tad more docile than the one we are used to considering how lucy is acting. Lucy seems a tad less agresive than what I would have imagined.

Wonder who died instead of lisana though. Could it be this world's natsu?

Wind91
January 29, 2010, 09:04 PM
Great chapter :)

It seems that Natsu has already been here before but lost his memory of it or something, he recognized Wendy when he first saw her and it seems he knows her from Edoras. Also since there is a Wendy in Edoras there probably will be an Edoras version of Natsu, and it's gonna be connected to the talk Igneel and Grandine had, when Grandine said that maybe that time they will have more friendly relationship.

what are you talking about? The Edoras Natsu has been gone, they dont know this Natsu is from Earth

Dragon's have nothing to do with this it seems, considering they cant have a meeting inside a lachryma crystal.

I hope this arc moves somewhat fast, its straight forward - go to city, beat up people Natsu vs King - Natsu beat king, destroy Crystal get strong and more dragon-like go home, and boom Natsu go fight black dragon and super plot twist

Baka_Sousui
January 29, 2010, 09:05 PM
I wonder if We'll see Erza Scarlet Vs Erza Nightwalker

Do you think Nightwalker is her real name or one she obtained on the way?

SerpentTailedAngel
January 29, 2010, 09:06 PM
I wonder where the Edoras Natsu went. If there's an alternate Wendy it makes no sense for there to only be one Natsu. We'll probably get some obscure reason for why he ran off later in the arc. And, on that note, I found adult Wendy to be a little... flat (not that way). She just seemed a little drab compared to the Earthland Wendy.

As for why Mira's the same... if Lisana hadn't died in Earthland Mira would have remaind violent, so her personality is a reflection of that.

Luzxia23
January 29, 2010, 09:31 PM
Makarov = King?
Now I think this fairy tail not really that bad...
They're dark guild but they're not evil... Hmmmm..Gazille's endoras version...beginning to wonder about it...and is the Wendy in here a dragon slayer?

Newkerzy
January 29, 2010, 09:54 PM
Not bad at all.... it's shaping up pretty well, but I should be more patient for awesomeness!!! & poor Natsu, I bet he's gonna be heartbroken when he has to go back to earth & leave Lisana there..... (no matter how much he wants to take her to earth, I'm pretty sure there's some kind of "Natural law" between the 2 worlds that'll prevent Lisana going to Earth)

kkck
January 29, 2010, 10:05 PM
Not bad at all.... it's shaping up pretty well, but I should be more patient for awesomeness!!! & poor Natsu, I bet he's gonna be heartbroken when he has to go back to earth & leave Lisana there..... (no matter how much he wants to take her to earth, I'm pretty sure there's some kind of "Natural law" between the 2 worlds that'll prevent Lisana going to Earth)

Why would she wanna go there though? She is not the lisana natsu knew, she just looks like her. On top of that she has her own life in edoras. I doubt she will go back to the earth world. Not to mention it would be an awful exageration of deus ex machina lol.

Wonder how people will react when they see natsu fight. Odds are he is gonna be completely different. Wonder how erza and the kingdom guys will react when they see natsu. I bet the natsu from edoras went through an incident when running into this guys.

Newkerzy
January 29, 2010, 10:18 PM
True, but I can pretty much bet deep down he might have some lingering wish so that she'd be with him because he probably misses her a lot.

kkck
January 29, 2010, 10:27 PM
True, but I can pretty much bet deep down he might have some lingering wish so that she'd be with him because he probably misses her a lot.

Lingering wish? You make it sound as if natsu was in love lol. While lisana was shown to liek natsu in that chapter about happy's egg, I have my doubts about natsu actually being in love. Seems to be too deep of an emotion for natsu to grasp or understand. I am sure he thought of her as some sort of special/best friend or whatnot or at least how she sees lucy now but I honestly doubt he was in love. It is blatantly obvious he has missed her though.

Ahas
January 30, 2010, 12:36 AM
This is so random but is there a possibility of the master being the grandson of luxus in edoras?

Kravmaga
January 30, 2010, 12:48 AM
Alright.
I just saw a whole bunch of awesome things like the possibility of seeing two natsus (natsi?) on the same panel, perfume guy being a dragon rider, lisana confirming most predictions, lucy totally being into natsu, FT being a dark guild, adult wendy...
But I forgot all of it as soon as I saw EVIL ERZA!!!!
Amagats! This is me typing on ym keuybaord wihlwe spewing white foam/! Rawr! o.0

Ahem.
Yes, I look forward to the next cha...EVIL ERZA!! ...chapter.

fushigi_yoru
January 30, 2010, 01:04 AM
Hmm, I think Natsu may have originated from Edoras after all.

In Chapter 132 and 133, when Natsu first heard Wendy's name, he had a sense of deja vu in that he felt that he had heard this name before: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/133/06/

In Chpt 170, the members of Fairy Tail behaved as if Natsu had disappeared for a long time. And remember that Natsu was found as a kid in the forest by Igneel; so his origins is unknown.

I guess in view of these, a reasonable conclusion will be that Natsu came to Earthland when he was a kid and he could not remember much from Edoras.

This is just a theory though :D:

SerpentTailedAngel
January 30, 2010, 01:05 AM
I just went through the chapter again. Lucy wasn't the only extra violent, cussing girl. Levy did her fair share too. They didn't seem to get along at all! Oh noes!

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, it actually ticks me off a little now. there odds of this alternate Fairy Tail being the good guys for this arc (even though they're a dark guild) are about nine......... out of eight. But the previous chapter ended with them looking like nasty punks about to beat the crap out of Natsu, then suddenly Lucy goes "Oh, it's you! Hugs! Now I'm going to give you a noogie!" What was up with that?!

jacke12
January 30, 2010, 03:25 AM
WTF was that really Wendy

I really want to know for how long time the Natsu form edoras hasn't been seen in the guild in Edoras if it's 7 or more years Natsu could be from Edoras but if he was gone for year or something like that then he isn't from Edoras

dlth
January 30, 2010, 06:07 AM
It was logical they were not the real FT imo; it was not to see dark erza.
Now I'm wondering if is there an other zeref on edoras too and what kind of role has he there.

Unlucky Boy
January 30, 2010, 06:33 AM
I dont think it's possible that Natsu is the Natsu Edoras' FT guys know. He was too young when Igneel found him on Earthland, I think Mira even said once that Igneel taught him how to speak. There's no way he was in a guild while being so young, and no way for Lucy and the others to remember him. Not to mention he didnt have the FT tatoo when Igneel found him.

I was thinking at first that maybe their Natsu died 2 years ago instead of Lissana, but it's strange that no one knows that...so I guess if this king is so interested in the Earthland's dragon slayers he might had wanted to experiment on his world's versions as well (Maybe he even used the power of some of them to cast Anima). So it is possible that the other Natsu is being a prisoner or something at the capital.
Unless Mashima is going for a really big twist and the other Natsu is actually the king :o well almost anything is possible...

Ero-Sanji
January 30, 2010, 06:39 AM
It would suck if Natsu is from Edoras since then the big question would be where is Earth Natsu?

This is a parallel world, the characters in them have never seen themselves in the alternative world and I'm quite sure that Dragons will not play a big role in this either. I'm still waiting for Gazille to arrive, Earth Gazille.

Sollum
January 30, 2010, 07:16 AM
Well atealst FT is a Dark Guild :D

Anyways, it doesnt make sense if our Natsu is from Edoras, since he is a dragon Slayer like Wendy for example.

Well, my bet is that Makarov is the King.

Edit: Hmm, I think story writer is using the idea of "The Fifth Dimension", where every different choice spawns its own World. IF that is true i assume one thing didnt happen on Edoras - Zeref.

So i have number of assumptions:
1) Gray's parents haven't died and he isn't ice mage at all.
2) Lisana is alive and that leads to the fact that it was Zerefs fault she died on Earthland.
3) Wendy is older, that leads to the idea that DS magic slows aging, and that leads us to the idea that there are no Dragon Slayers on Edoras, which leads us to the idea that Dragons and Zeref are related
4) There was no Tower of Paradise that explains how Gerard from Edoras was Good and Erza became an a**
5) Elfman would be a wimp if Lisana wouldn't have died lol

Or maybe Zeref was destroyed on Edoras which lead to Edoras current state, whereas on Earth he was sealed... Who knows, who knows... Story writer ofc...

abc1233
January 30, 2010, 11:43 AM

Anyways, it doesnt make sense if our Natsu is from Edoras, since he is a dragon Slayer like Wendy for example.

Edit: Hmm, I think story writer is using the idea of "The Fifth Dimension", where every different choice spawns its own World. IF that is true i assume one thing didnt happen on Edoras - Zeref.

2) Lisana is alive and that leads to the fact that it was Zerefs fault she died on Earthland.
3) Wendy is older, that leads to the idea that DS magic slows aging, and that leads us to the idea that there are no Dragon Slayers on Edoras, which leads us to the idea that Dragons and Zeref are related
4) There was no Tower of Paradise that explains how Gerard from Edoras was Good and Erza became an a**

Or maybe Zeref was destroyed on Edoras which lead to Edoras current state, whereas on Earth he was sealed... Who knows, who knows... Story writer ofc...
wow, really nice theories. However, for number 3, we get flashbacks of natsu first joining fairy tail and he appears to be as young as the other guys, which suggests that his outward appearance ages at the same rate as a non-DS magic mage, so wendy being older can't be explained by an absence of dragon slayer magic.

Gray not wanting to remove his clothes can be linked back to tthe mage who taught him ice magic (forgot her name). What if for some reason he wasn't taught by her? Which would mean that he wouldn't want to shed his clothes and may not be an ice mage at all. However, this alternate world will likely leave a lot of questions which mashima will most likely not answer. For example:
If Mistgun isn't present in this world, how did fairy tail beat Phantom Lord?

Wendy is in the guild, which suggests that the oracien seis events occured in this alternate world, and we know that gerard wouldn't have been present to allow natsu to go dragon slayer mode, and so natsu would have lost against zero and nirvana wouldn't have been stopped.

and if the alternate natsu is dead/missing, then mashima will leave so many plot holes it wouldn't even be funny.

LoS
January 30, 2010, 11:46 AM
As evil and wannabe bad ass as this Edoras Fairy Tail tries to appear I hope they don't let me down and actually step up to the plate and take on the fight. I am hoping that an older/more mature Wendy could show the current/Earth Wendy a thing or two about magic. That is, assuming the Edoras Wendy uses Sky DS(which is very unlikely since Edoras is lacking in magical power, Dragons).

Ero-Sanji
January 30, 2010, 01:54 PM
However, this alternate world will likely leave a lot of questions which mashima will most likely not answer. For example:
If Mistgun isn't present in this world, how did fairy tail beat Phantom Lord?

Wendy is in the guild, which suggests that the oracien seis events occured in this alternate world, and we know that gerard wouldn't have been present to allow natsu to go dragon slayer mode, and so natsu would have lost against zero and nirvana wouldn't have been stopped.

and if the alternate natsu is dead/missing, then mashima will leave so many plot holes it wouldn't even be funny.

Not necessarily, since this doesn't have to be a mirror world.

Now if this world is a mirror world or something like that then the Zeref thing is the most intriguing part.

If Zeref never existed then that would indicate that he was behind a lot in Earth world. Some we already know like the Gray part. If Zeref never existed, Deliora would never exist meaning that Gray never lost his parents etc.

It would also explain the plot around Erza and Gérard if Zeref never existed none of them would've been slaves and thus Erza would normally inherit her family name or take it upon herself and she would never get the Scarlet name from Gérard. This would also explain why she didn't join Fairy tail since the old slave was the one who told her about it.

Somebody mentioned the mystery around Lisana being related to zeref and I'm ready to agree with that. I'm sure this world if being a mirror world will be very different because of Zeref's absence though he could be this just king, remember Fairy tail is a dark guild so Erza and that other guy is actually good people following their king...

biron
January 30, 2010, 03:39 PM
i hope we will see some new powers and types of magic
coz if lucy is still a spirit mage in edoras its just boring - i hope she will use brute force )
also if erza is as badass as she was in the real world natsu and all ft members are dead meat UNLESS we will see someone top tier like luxus (friendly luxus lol) coz this two shits jet and droy are weaklings no matter how you look at it
come to think of it, if all s class mages are alive it would be overkill for ft coz bad gildarts pretty much >>>>>> everyone we have seen
and there is still possibility of bad makarov O_O
also would like to know who is the commander of the first squad, he or she must be stronger than erza

abc1233
January 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
Not necessarily, since this doesn't have to be a mirror world.

Now if this world is a mirror world or something like that then the Zeref thing is the most intriguing part.

If Zeref never existed then that would indicate that he was behind a lot in Earth world. Some we already know like the Gray part. If Zeref never existed, Deliora would never exist meaning that Gray never lost his parents etc.

It would also explain the plot around Erza and Gérard if Zeref never existed none of them would've been slaves and thus Erza would normally inherit her family name or take it upon herself and she would never get the Scarlet name from Gérard. This would also explain why she didn't join Fairy tail since the old slave was the one who told her about it.

Somebody mentioned the mystery around Lisana being related to zeref and I'm ready to agree with that. I'm sure this world if being a mirror world will be very different because of Zeref's absence though he could be this just king, remember Fairy tail is a dark guild so Erza and that other guy is actually good people following their king...
Good theory but I don't really see a just king taking an innocent guild from another world, implanting the members in a crystal and slowly draining their powers. But meh, maybe it was a last resort so it's still possible. But I would really like to see makarov being the King, that would be an interesting twist. And if Mashima goes down the zeref not existing route then he may very well get away with leaving a few plot holes then and there, because since the start of the manga, zeref has been involved with the events throughout the manga in some shape or form.

BiteYourself
January 30, 2010, 04:08 PM

I agree with Makarov-king theory. It's fit pretty much.

My thoughts:
1) There is also exist Natsu - exhibitionist, because Juvia really didn't take off most of her clothes. We will meet him as soon, as events for our heroes will become more troublesome.

2) I mentioned that all DS have some immunity on restrictions of going from one world to another. It really can explain why Natsu could be transported from stellar spirit world and didn't swallowed by Anima.

3) Lachryma - is only a part of Edoras world. That's why Luxus know about Mistgun and I believe that Mistgun also has lachryma cells, because he was able to come in our world; reason in the point above.

I have no idea why Wendy in this world older than in Earthland version. Also why all DS have unknown age and according to Fantasia events they are older than 80. Someone told that DS power slow the process of age progress. It meaningless, because Lucy knew Natsu in Edoras, and if Earthland Natsu greater than 80, so in Edoras Lucy should be basically old hag.

kkck
January 30, 2010, 04:13 PM
Personally I think the natsu from this world is either dead or captured. Either way, erza did it. I think within the next few chapters natsu will reveal his identity to everyone. I think he will probably scream something along the lines " I don't care whether this is earth land or edoras, I am natsu of fairy tail and I will not let you destroy the guild!!@#$".

I don't think the king is a good guy. certainly fairy tail is nothing but powerful mages but still, why target them? Why not target a dark guild? Certainly a dark guild has as many powerful mages as fairy tail.

biron
January 30, 2010, 04:29 PM
maybe it has something to do with the fact FT is the last remaining gild in edoras

Sollum
January 30, 2010, 04:49 PM
...Wendy should be basically old hag...

Well i dont agree on this, since we dont know when Wendy was "abducted by Dragons".

Lets say theres a timeline

755/7/7 | 760/7/7 | 765/7/7 | 770/7/7 | 777/7/7
event a | event b | event c | event d | event e

event a) infnant Natsu and Gazelle iare found by Igneel and Metalicana
event b) they are training both training and eating ice cream
event c) Wendy is abducted by Grandine
event d) they are training
event e) Dragons flee

if a think right, its 783 now

So Wendy would be like 18 and Natsu with Gazelle 28, but instead they look like
AgeUntilAbduction + AgeAfterAbduction

Dont take my numbers for a real number, i just made them out for an example.

But to think of it. Natsu fits a position of a Guild Master then and Wendy looks like ~18...

BiteYourself
January 30, 2010, 04:56 PM
I don't think the king is a good guy. certainly fairy tail is nothing but powerful mages but still, why target them? Why not target a dark guild? Certainly a dark guild has as many powerful mages as fairy tail.

Because manga called "Fairy Tail" :) It's not like "Naruto", where main hero is Sasuke ;)
[hr]

Well i dont agree on this, since we dont know when Wendy was "abducted by Dragons".

Lets say theres a timeline

755/7/7 | 760/7/7 | 765/7/7 | 770/7/7 | 777/7/7
event a | event b | event c | event d | event e

event a) infnant Natsu and Gazelle iare found by Igneel and Metalicana
event b) they are training both training and eating ice cream
event c) Wendy is abducted by Grandine
event d) they are training
event e) Dragons flee

if a think right, its 783 now

So Wendy would be like 18 and Natsu with Gazelle 28, but instead they look like
AgeUntilAbduction + AgeAfterAbduction

Dont take my numbers for a real number, i just made them out for an example.

But to think of it. Natsu fits a position of a Guild Master then and Wendy looks like ~18...

Oh.. That's my mistake... I wanted to write Lucy. I will edit that post

jacke12
January 30, 2010, 05:35 PM
My theory about Phantom Lord in Edoras is that there wasn't a war bettwen FT and PL maybe because Edoras Lucy isn't rich

SerpentTailedAngel
January 30, 2010, 06:31 PM
Or Jose just didn't care that she was. In this world he may be a pretty boy who goes around handing out flowers to every person he meets. Who knows.

Is Erza the only person who got her (last)name changed? What was she riding on?!

abc1233
January 30, 2010, 06:34 PM
There is no Phantom Lord. The king ordered all guilds to disband and hunted the ones that refused until Fairy Tail was the only one left. Even if Phantom Lord hadn't been stopped by the king, there's still no garuntee the war would have happened since personalities and some past actions are different.

I assumed the war still happened because juvia is in the guild, and she only meets gray and joins fairy tail after the phantom lord arc. But i guess she may have joined the guild in a different series of events.

Also, since guilds have been abolished, then surely missions for guilds have been abolished too? So natsu, gray, and lucy may not have travelled to the demonic island as part of an s-class mission, and the demon would have been released.

Argh,so many plot holes. Maybe this is just a completely different world with completely different events, but somehow the same group of people manage to join the same guild (except for erza).

Or Jose just didn't care that she was. In this world he may be a pretty boy who goes around handing out flowers to every person he meets. Who knows.

Is Erza the only person who got her (last)name changed? What was she riding on?!

As far as i know, erza was the only person whose last name was made up by gerard, so without gerard, she should be the only person with a different surname.

SubliminalInsanity
January 30, 2010, 07:11 PM
Whoa, Erza's the enemy in this universe? Good luck fighting her, Natsu. XD Honestly I'm glad that she was also given an alternate version of herself. I almost thought she would be a possible exception, but I'm glad that is not the case. As much as I really love her, (she's one of my top five favorites) it would just be too easy if she was immune to the change and all.

Anyways I don't have too many predictions expect for a few. One is that since Natsu and Wendy were not affected by the changes because they are Dragon Slayers, then the same should apply to Gazille. More than likely he'll somehow show up somewhere in the nick of time, possibly by chance finding a way to Edoras. (Hey, maybe that cat three chapters ago was the same as Charle and Happy. You never know).

Although this is not a prediction but merely a curious notion, I wonder if the whole parallel worlds relates to the stellar spirits. It certainly makes sense now why Natsu didn't die when he went through the stellar spirit gate in the earlier chapters, so I wonder if it might be something helpful in this arc and whether Lucy is even a Stellar Spirit Mage in this world.

I am really psyched for this arc, and pretty much the series in general. So far it is one of the few I can depend on for something really interesting and worth waiting for weekly. Mashima keep on rockin' like this~

HappyStealer
January 30, 2010, 07:13 PM
Lingering wish? You make it sound as if natsu was in love lol. While lisana was shown to liek natsu in that chapter about happy's egg, I have my doubts about natsu actually being in love. Seems to be too deep of an emotion for natsu to grasp or understand. I am sure he thought of her as some sort of special/best friend or whatnot or at least how she sees lucy now but I honestly doubt he was in love. It is blatantly obvious he has missed her though.

haha who knows about natsu. He's always too random to predict anyways so who knows how he feels. I wonder though if the author did this on purpose or its just coincidence with natsu's throat looking like a heart....

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/170-42/7

hahaha

SerpentTailedAngel
January 30, 2010, 08:14 PM
I assumed the war still happened because juvia is in the guild, and she only meets gray and joins fairy tail after the phantom lord arc. But i guess she may have joined the guild in a different series of events.

She could have just joined after Phantom Lord was abolished. That's why Gajeel joined Fairy Tail.

kkck
January 30, 2010, 08:21 PM
haha who knows about natsu. He's always too random to predict anyways so who knows how he feels. I wonder though if the author did this on purpose or its just coincidence with natsu's throat looking like a heart....

hahaha

Well, the link you provided does not really show natsu as the "in love" type. He seems rather happy as if he saw a long lost friend IMHO though. The link you provided made me think about another thing though. Lucy said something very, VERY interesting. "When did natsu become so animal like?". How is that? I think this is a very strong indication that the natsu from edoras is hardly like the one we know and love. Odds are he also has loads of common sense. What I can't wait for is for someone to lay a finger on lisana and natsu goes beserk and starts burning stuff left and right. Somehow I get the impression the first to fall prey to natsu's wrath will be sugarboy and he will be the one to go after lisana.

HappyStealer
January 30, 2010, 08:53 PM
Well, the link you provided does not really show natsu as the "in love" type. He seems rather happy as if he saw a long lost friend IMHO though. The link you provided made me think about another thing though. Lucy said something very, VERY interesting. "When did natsu become so animal like?". How is that? I think this is a very strong indication that the natsu from edoras is hardly like the one we know and love. Odds are he also has loads of common sense. What I can't wait for is for someone to lay a finger on lisana and natsu goes beserk and starts burning stuff left and right. Somehow I get the impression the first to fall prey to natsu's wrath will be sugarboy and he will be the one to go after lisana.

haha not sure if it proves that he is the "lovey-dovey" type but I just thought that was interesting to see. Yeah, whomever touches lisana will probably get a can of whoop ass. LOL What if its erza? I wonder if natsu will have a hard time fighting a look-a-like of his nakama. This arc can go so many directions, love it.

mr.danly
January 30, 2010, 10:18 PM
I predict an epic Natsu-Erza showdown; a real one, full-out fighting. I always wondered who was actually stronger; Erza has always been shown beating the crap out of Natsu, but he's never seriously fighting her. What would happen if Erza were actually threatening the lives of his friends, though? What if she (like some other people are predicting) went after Lisanna? Would Natsu actually go all out, since it's a reverse-Erza? And if he did, would he be able to win? This arc is certainly a curveball on the part of Mashirama. It's practically impossible to predict ANYTHING, since everything we know has been turned on its head. (also, grown-up wendy is kind of hot)

jacke12
January 31, 2010, 12:41 AM
I have a theory about Edoras Natsu what if he betrayed the guild and went to the king and the king made him comander of the 1st magical divison because he is the complete oposite of Natsu from Earthland

OmegaShunketsu
January 31, 2010, 01:04 AM
Holy...this chapter was awseome in so many ways XD Edoras Wendy is hot <_< and lol why erza knightwalker? did mashima meant skiwalker? XD

SubliminalInsanity
January 31, 2010, 01:38 AM
Holy...this chapter was awseome in so many ways XD Edoras Wendy is hot <_< and lol why erza knightwalker? did mashima meant skiwalker? XD
lol, probably. But y'know how it is with mangas, don't want to be accused of any possible copyright infringement. XP

kkck
January 31, 2010, 02:11 AM
I predict an epic Natsu-Erza showdown; a real one, full-out fighting. I always wondered who was actually stronger; Erza has always been shown beating the crap out of Natsu, but he's never seriously fighting her. What would happen if Erza were actually threatening the lives of his friends, though? What if she (like some other people are predicting) went after Lisanna? Would Natsu actually go all out, since it's a reverse-Erza? And if he did, would he be able to win? This arc is certainly a curveball on the part of Mashirama. It's practically impossible to predict ANYTHING, since everything we know has been turned on its head. (also, grown-up wendy is kind of hot)

Well, there are a lot of things to consider. For one thing, we have no idea of how strong erza from this world actually is. She could be the same, weaker or in a worst case scenario she could be stronger. Then there are the shounen factors to consider. Natsu will be fighting for what is good and righteous, for his friends and to prove his strength. In shounen that is as good as SSJ10 + deus ex machina.

Agreed on grown up wendy being hot.

Epic_Rider
January 31, 2010, 02:20 AM
lol, probably. But y'know how it is with mangas, don't want to be accused of any possible copyright infringement. XP

True.

What I am really looking forward to is a fight between the two Erzas. This Erza reminds me of how Erza was at the beginning of the manga, someone that just followed rules, but even worse that Earth land Erza was. A fight between them would be good. In fact seeing how the members of the Edoras and Earth Land Fairy Tail interact would be fun.

Another thing, it's very interesting that both Miras would act the same way. Since Mira was shown to act much differently in the past and changed because Lisana died, does that imply that one of the Earth Land Mira is putting on an act?

Also, I wonder why Wendy is so much older? But, she looks hot, so no problem with me! :hearts

kkck
January 31, 2010, 02:53 AM
True.

What I am really looking forward to is a fight between the two Erzas. This Erza reminds me of how Erza was at the beginning of the manga, someone that just followed rules, but even worse that Earth land Erza was. A fight between them would be good. In fact seeing how the members of the Edoras and Earth Land Fairy Tail interact would be fun.

Another thing, it's very interesting that both Miras would act the same way. Since Mira was shown to act much differently in the past and changed because Lisana died, does that imply that one of the Earth Land Mira is putting on an act?

Also, I wonder why Wendy is so much older? But, she looks hot, so no problem with me! :hearts

I think I know why mira acts the way she does. Both world are inhabited by clones of the same people. In general they wouldn't be opposites but simply different. There are cases in which they could turn out to be opposites but not because the world itself generates opposites but because their circumstances/choices made them into opposites.

Now, lets take a look at earth land mira. She was highly aggressive, arrogant, blunt and hardly feminine. Lisana died and due to a trauma turned into the Mira we all know. Now, what about edoras mira? She grew up to be different than the other mira, instead she from the beginning was the sweet little girl who would not hurt a fly. Now, in her world lisana didn't actually die but rather she remained alive. This means mira never went through that trauma hence her personality never changed. As a result she was and always has been the sweet mira who is remarkably similar to the current mira from earth land. Earth mira is not putting an act, different choices/circumstances made her into the person she is now.

EL_manana
January 31, 2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, it is hard to remember the last time I felt any specific emotions about Fairy Tail, but recent two-three chapters were just WOW! "Clone"-characters are so exiting to read about, even if the idea is not really fresh. Still the plot-twist is 100 percent winning. You rock again Mashima-san!!! YAY! ^___^
Lucy-clone seems to be more interesting than our real Lucy. I also hope she shows some brute-force-awesome-destruction-new-magic. Or perhaps her stellar spirits are gonna be evil-designed, or smth... I am quite sure her attitude to her spirits is changed though. I don't really like Lisanna's revival part, though I don't have any real reason for that. And I am actually looking forward to seeing real-Mira and Elfman meet her. It's gonna be one hell-heartbreaking scene.
Also I expect clone-Natsu to be somewhat more of a Gerard-type. You know, insidious-type (is that the right word? @_@), with manners and brains..(plus, judging from his possible relationship with clone-Lucy, with hidden love for bondage??? XDXD)
PS: Oh, by the way, at least I pray it won't succumb to CLONE VS REAL fights. That would be a killing-dissapointment. Yo know, all those "How can you be like that! How can you treat them like that!" shonen-stuff. Clones don't seem to be evil though. I guess, we should rather expect joining forces.

kkck
January 31, 2010, 02:18 PM
I don't think we will see a mirror FT vs FT fight. Natsu needs allies to free his friends from the lachrima and this mirror FT is the perfect excuse. IMHO FT won't be freed until the end of the arc and it is only then when both FT will meet. I get the impression natsu will befriend erza fairly soon though, even if he does fight her a couple of times.

This are a couple of things I think will happen at the end of the arc once noth FT meet:

- Mirror lluvia will like the real grey -it will be fun to see two lluvias going for grey lol.
- Mirror lucy will hit real lucy.
- Real elfman will cry when he sees lisana
- Real mira might go back for a while to her former self once she sees lisana
- Real grey will be annoyed by mirror gret
- Mirror jet and droy will beat up real jet and droy for being useless.
-
[hr]
I noticed something here:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/170-42/4

Look at lucy's expression in all those pages. Could she be in love with mirror natsu? She seems overly happy of seeing natsu, and a tad jealous when he jumps for lisana. It'd be an interesting twist.

Franklyn D. Kieran
January 31, 2010, 02:18 PM
WOW... Edoras Lucy is so crushing on Natsu... but then again so could EarthLand Lucy, maybe it's just that Edoras Lucy isn't afraid to show her feelings, whereas Earthland Lucy is, hmmm.....

Anyway this chapter was awesome! Yeah! Lisanna is alive ^_^ but she seemed kinda creeped out at Natsu when he showed joy about her being alive lol, i wonder if Natsu will have an older appearance like Wendy, im also curious to see what Gejeel is gonna look like in Edoras haha

kkck
January 31, 2010, 02:22 PM
I just noticed a huge difference between mirror FT and real FT. Mirror fairy tail actually ran from the kingdom guys. The real FT would have never done such a thing, they lack the common sense for that. Either this guys actually have common sense to some extent or the kingdom guys and their pseudo endless is quite powerful.

Franklyn D. Kieran
January 31, 2010, 02:56 PM
I wonder if the Edoras version of Natsu went off by himself to fight the King and Died, that may be the reason that he hasn't been at the guild in so long, although if he isnt dead then maybe he is now working with them, that'd be a twist, natsu Vs. Edoras Natsu, maybe that might happen after the battle with Erza KnightWalker lol
[hr]
Also Mira-chan is the same in both worlds because, she was probably only vulgar and rough because of the competition she had with Erza, but due to Erza being an enemy she probably never had to show that side at all... or something like that

SerpentTailedAngel
January 31, 2010, 03:07 PM
I just noticed a huge difference between mirror FT and real FT. Mirror fairy tail actually ran from the kingdom guys. The real FT would have never done such a thing, they lack the common sense for that. Either this guys actually have common sense to some extent or the kingdom guys and their pseudo endless is quite powerful.

I think if normal Fairy Tail were in the same situation they'd run. They've never been hunted by two (or one, and another person who we have yet to see in action) powerful wizards on giant monsters while in a world with limited magic.

Unlucky Boy
January 31, 2010, 03:12 PM
I want mirror-Lucy to have different keys.

Yeah it would be funny to see shy Taurus, evil mistress Virgo and Loyal Aquarious...but I really want to see Pisces, Libra and Capricorn.

Kravmaga
January 31, 2010, 03:50 PM

a) They don't have Erza on their side.
b) They are against Erza.

Oh yeah, I'd run like hell if I were them too. =P
Add to that the fact they seem to have lost people left and right yet change the location of their guild at a moment's notice, it sounds a lot more understandable that being fugitives, they aren't exactly fighting on equal terms but rather with guerrilla tactics and sending in small rebel squads to sabotage attempts at building a death star... or something.

johnnyb7
January 31, 2010, 04:28 PM
I love fairy tail, it's like a mystery book, never knowing how things are connected or what's going to happen with the plot.

So I'm guessing that Mystogan is Gerard's Edoras version. I'm waiting for him so show up, as well as Gajeel showing up. I'm guessing he's still back on Earth and his cat's going to show up now.

shinsengumi
January 31, 2010, 04:42 PM
HEY HEY HEY didnt any1 else notice that only wendy's normal self and edoras vers. are different ? - in age duh - why do you think is that?

Sollum
January 31, 2010, 05:03 PM
HEY HEY HEY didnt any1 else notice that only wendy's normal self and edoras vers. are different ? - in age duh - why do you think is that?

I had a theory about that on page 2 i think.

Does anyone know whos the Sugarboy? Is it Gildarts?

shinsengumi
January 31, 2010, 05:29 PM

i checked your post , it sounds fine for other parts but for this age issue ; wouldnt edoras-natsu be also as old as edoras-wendy? so from that logic ; edoras-lucy's reaction on seeing natsu should have been " omg natsu what the hell happened to you, you have shrinked" but she didnt make such reactions so it makes me think that edoras natsu is no different than real natsu in appearance . what is special about wendy ?

Kravmaga
January 31, 2010, 05:42 PM

His face looks more like jura/perfume guy.
Either way, it wouldn't hurt to have some characters who are exclusive to edoras...

Sollum
January 31, 2010, 06:13 PM
wouldnt edoras-natsu be also as old as edoras-wendy? so from that logic ; edoras-lucy's reaction on seeing natsu should have been " omg natsu what the hell happened to you, you have shrinked"

I know how to run away from this situation!... ready?

They where all excited about seing Natsu that they didnt notice him being ~10 years younger ^_^

In before "why would Lucy go for a such old guy?" - we see it real life, a 40yrs old man with a wife which is 12 yrs younger ^_^

About Sugarboy:
His face seems familiar... WAIT... he looks like Luxus...

elitefox
January 31, 2010, 07:42 PM
I don't think we will see a mirror FT vs FT fight. Natsu needs allies to free his friends from the lachrima and this mirror FT is the perfect excuse. IMHO FT won't be freed until the end of the arc and it is only then when both FT will meet. I get the impression natsu will befriend erza fairly soon though, even if he does fight her a couple of times.

This are a couple of things I think will happen at the end of the arc once noth FT meet:

- Mirror lluvia will like the real grey -it will be fun to see two lluvias going for grey lol.
-
<hr noshade size="1">

Look at lucy's expression in all those pages. Could she be in love with mirror natsu? She seems overly happy of seeing natsu, and a tad jealous when he jumps for lisana. It'd be an interesting twist.

or it could be earth Lucy doesn't have any feelings toward Natsu in the first place and I hope it just stays in Edoras :D
or Natsu died in place of Lisana. ;)

edoras Natsu might have even relationship with edoras lucy too, countering that on earth :D

I am wondering if mystogan have been sucked up by anima too. mystogan might be a prince there :D

Zatono
January 31, 2010, 08:19 PM
Well, I'm personally hoping that Mistgun shows up somewhere, and that Erza gets to fight her counterpart :P.

rivermask
January 31, 2010, 11:17 PM
Okay, one question:
If DS magic kept Wendy and Natsu from being sucked up by the Anima, what happened to Gazille? Cause it was like he disappeared....

And my theory is that Mystogun is actually the Edoras version of Gerard; that would explain how he knew about the Anima and how he looks exactly like Gerard and "knows of him" but isn't him. And if he was a member of Edoras FT, that might also explain why he helped out Wendy. (seeing as she would have been a member of his old guild) My guess is he might have been thrown out of Edoras for disagreeing with the King about Anima, or he snuck out to stop the Anima. Plus, if he was a member of Edoras FT it makes sense that he would join the normal FT.

bittman
January 31, 2010, 11:17 PM
This arc has some potential beyond the fairies. Imagine all the bad guys in the previous arcs that could be brought back with different powers and strengths.

And is anyone else already missing Master Markov? Where is that little guy?

BiteYourself
February 01, 2010, 02:27 AM
About Sugarboy.. I really couldn't find a person who would look like him..
However let see pretenders:

Original: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/170-42/17
Gildarts Crive: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/166/09/
Ichiya: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/161/017/ http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/132/10/
Luxus: http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/24/12/

The form of face is really same as Gildarts, however the form of eyes and eyebrows is more likely Luxus.

Either way, it wouldn't hurt to have some characters who are exclusive to edoras...
Yeah, right now I'm also thinking of this.

SubliminalInsanity
February 01, 2010, 03:21 AM
I'm waiting for Gazille to show up, since he is also Dragon Slayer and therefore unaffected by the Edoras absorption.

That will be interesting seeing the Dragon Slayers team up, and maybe this will reveal Polyushko's prediction that Makarov hinted earlier in chapter 166 (18).

And another theory I just came up with was that Polyushko might come from the same world as Mistgun. Something about the fact that she herself is not human and that some of the items in her home resemble his own effects might hint they are from the same world.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/120/02/

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/51/02/

Vetinari clone
February 01, 2010, 05:28 AM

-
<hr noshade size="1">

I was immensely surprised that no one else mentioned Lucy being completely smitten with Natsu before you. For me that interaction ruined the whole chapter. I'm not sure why, but I found it to be really really really really creepy and disturbing.
Any way my thoughts on the whole Edoras vs Earth thing is that originally the two places might have been almost identical then at some point magic started failing (Edoras Zeref perhaps?) and at that point the two realities started drifting apart. But you would still get the same people, and it's not too far fetched for them to have made the same connections, the same people always tend to drift together.
Also what kind of effect would loss of magic have on magical creatures? Say dragons? just a thought.

jacke12
February 01, 2010, 04:03 PM
Could E-Natsu be locked in the giant lacryma

HappyStealer
February 01, 2010, 04:30 PM
Erza looks pretty awesome in this chapter though.

bakura_revenge
February 02, 2010, 12:59 AM
i somehow hate this arc....
when this arc end, will mistgun stay at earth's fairy tail? or simply "disappear" with edoras arc? he's my fav character lol....

as for sugayboy, i'm sure that his earth's version never show up before, n we maybe see him soon, next arc perhaps??

lonelytaka
February 02, 2010, 01:27 AM
maybe erza is a spy for the fairy tails in erza, i guessed in next chap.

Freakzin
February 02, 2010, 02:42 AM
OMG Fairy Tail is getting so MUCH BETTER, it was always my 4th 5th choice for manga, but now it's almost God like. Still losing to One Piece though... this arc is full of possibilities, and damn they've devoured, and there is one Natsu lost out there or dead. Just so excited, never mind the type and grammar error, I just can't with all the excitement in my head!!!!!!

I've been thinking, maybe this Edras FT is a Dark Guild, because they disobeyed the Kings Order, not because they're bad like the DG's in earthland

Lee-tyme7
February 02, 2010, 03:58 AM
This chapter was awsome! Everyone gets a personality change but I don't know why Mira is still the same but Lisana is alive and I knew she would be but she does not seem like the character that's cling onto Natsu much like her counter part in Earth Land. Lucy seem to be in love with Edoras Natsu but we don't see E-Natsu around...maybe he's lost somewhere or probably dead in this world in place of Lisana in Eart Land. I don't know if he is as strong as Guildart or weak as Lucy but you can bet by E-Lucy's reaction and the teasing of Natsu, he could be a nerd in this world. lol... Erza was a surprise in the end I guess she stayed true to her character because she's tough and always stand by true justice. Did I forget to mention Fairy Tail is a dark guild...WTF?!

Horologium
February 02, 2010, 04:57 AM
mira's like that cause if lisana didn't die she would still be like... bad ass mira who picks fights with erza, so mira in edoras would be the opposite of mira if lisana didn't die

Lee-tyme7
February 02, 2010, 07:25 AM
mira's like that cause if lisana didn't die she would still be like... bad ass mira who picks fights with erza, so mira in edoras would be the opposite of mira if lisana didn't die

That would explained why she was too plain and unexciting, LOL! :p

kkck
February 02, 2010, 01:07 PM
Seeing wendy being this old reminded me of this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/108/15/

Wendy's age in edoras is messed up and natsu's alongs with gazille also seems messed up. I get the impression the edoras versions of the DS won't be DS and all their ages will be a tad messed up. Odds are natsu will look a tad older and will have a different sort of magic.

Sollum
February 02, 2010, 04:17 PM
Odds are natsu will look a tad older and will have a different sort of magic.

I predict him as intellectual person and with more... elegant magic!

TMVCarlos
February 02, 2010, 06:52 PM
Hey everbody , I am new in the MH, but i want to share to you guys my theorys :)

So I assume that all in Edoras world are the opossite in the earthland.

We have
Elfman is a crying baby
Erza is the bad girl (the enemy)
Lucy is like a bad girl

Etc etc

In Edorias is all reversed so :

1# Natsu is missing/died or is a betrying (sorry don´t know the word)
2# There is no Dragons
3# MistGun is Gerard from Edorias
4# The king is Zeref or Master
5# The Master of FT is Luxos
6# There no magic in Edoras , but magic is like how we see magic in the sec.XIV or something, you know , witches and all that bullshit
7# The other DS ((dont remeber is name) will appear only late , very very late, because he is looking his cate xD

kkck
February 02, 2010, 06:58 PM
Hey everbody , I am new in the MH, but i want to share to you guys my theorys :)

So I assume that all in Edoras world are the opossite in the earthland.

We have
Elfman is a crying baby
Erza is the bad girl (the enemy)
Lucy is like a bad girl

Etc etc

In Edorias is all reversed so :

1# Natsu is missing/died or is a betrying (sorry don´t know the word)
2# There is no Dragons
3# MistGun is Gerard from Edorias
4# The king is Zeref or Master
5# The Master of FT is Luxos
6# There no magic in Edoras , but magic is like how we see magic in the sec.XIV or something, you know , witches and all that bullshit
7# The other DS ((dont remeber is name) will appear only late , very very late, because he is looking his cate xD

People in edoras are not necessarily reversed though. The manga already pointed that out. I think mashima will to some extent try to reverse them for the sake of the plot but overall I think they will be just different. Wendy is the best example of this.

Lee-tyme7
February 02, 2010, 07:24 PM
hey does anybody know what this thing is?...a dragon?...a giant horse (LOL) ? I'm gonna try to color it but what color should I give it? PLus why is the sky all dark all the sudden?
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/170/12-13/

TMVCarlos
February 02, 2010, 07:37 PM
In mangastream the sky is gray.

http://static.mangastream.com/manga/3/42/12_13.png

Lee-tyme7
February 02, 2010, 08:45 PM
right, so I think it's supose to be night time then.

rivermask
February 02, 2010, 10:58 PM
hey does anybody know what this thing is?...a dragon?...a giant horse (LOL) ? I'm gonna try to color it but what color should I give it?

No idea what that is; kinda reminds me of the Kyuubi from Naruto? Just a little. :]

You could color it red? Maybe brown?

Xiraiya
February 03, 2010, 02:49 AM
My take is that Edoras isn't just "opposite" but it might be a couple of years ahead of earth as well, which would explain Wendy's height.

I get the feeling Natsu and his history with Lisana is going to have a pretty big part to play in all of this.
He is clearly haunted by her death and not to mention he had a heart shaped flame in his mouth when he saw her again.

This will be a good development arc for Natsu since the Lisana situation gives his character a little depth for once.
I get the feeling E-Lisana may end up dying in this arc forcing Natsu to relive this and given E-Mirajane's current personality, E-Lisana's death will likely turn her into a violent person (Like Earth Mirajane was BEFORE Lisana died)

Sollum
February 03, 2010, 07:29 AM
hey does anybody know what this thing is?...a dragon?...a giant horse (LOL) ? I'm gonna try to color it but what color should I give it? PLus why is the sky all dark all the sudden?
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/170/12-13/

I assume its a fire Dragon, tho it has some similarities with Wyvern. Id give it a #e94d4d color.

Azgarath
February 03, 2010, 11:11 AM
Do you guys want to know why Jet and Droy are the strongest in this world? My theory is that since this world's magic is limited,magicians in this alternate world use a different kind of magic instead. Magical Fusion. Unison Raid. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/87/17/
Also,magical power is not easily stored inside a body hence why i think they will use more magical lachryma items instead. I also think the spirit keys do not exist in this world for some reason.

Also,I think there is more to Wendy than meets the eye. I think the dragonslayers aren't even human and instead is just a magical artificial being. It could be like one of the theories that said there is no Zeref in this world hence the change in the characters. In this case Wendy is just "made" much earlier than the Earth counterpart.

Lee-tyme7
February 03, 2010, 07:18 PM
Do you guys want to know why Jet and Droy are the strongest in this world? My theory is that since this world's magic is limited,magicians in this alternate world use a different kind of magic instead. Magical Fusion. Unison Raid. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/87/17/
Also,magical power is not easily stored inside a body hence why i think they will use more magical lachryma items instead. I also think the spirit keys do not exist in this world for some reason.

Also,I think there is more to Wendy than meets the eye. I think the dragonslayers aren't even human and instead is just a magical artificial being. It could be like one of the theories that said there is no Zeref in this world hence the change in the characters. In this case Wendy is just "made" much earlier than the Earth counterpart.

hey dat's not a bad theory, u might be right. I wonder if Lucy stellar spirit's are from edoras too?
[hr]

I assume its a fire Dragon, tho it has some similarities with Wyvern. Id give it a #e94d4d color.

No, it can't be a wyvern cus it's got all 4 legs. A wyvern is describe as a 2 legs creature with wings for an arm. It's got a bat face with a bull's body with skinny legs. LOL not to mention a crab like snapper at the end of it's tail.
Oh and what color is that #?

rivermask
February 03, 2010, 07:20 PM

Wow, that's a really good theory- I didn't think of that at all. I can't wait to see what happens in this arc!

Newkerzy
February 04, 2010, 10:33 AM

True, true but remember that Haru in Rave at first thought of Elie as nothing but a close friend, but later he started falling for her...... I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some relationship development between Natsu, Lucy & Lisana in this arc. Besides, Mashima isn't really bad at all with romance.

kkck
February 04, 2010, 11:40 AM
True, true but remember that Haru in Rave at first thought of Elie as nothing but a close friend, but later he started falling for her...... I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some relationship development between Natsu, Lucy & Lisana in this arc. Besides, Mashima isn't really bad at all with romance.

Nah.... haru thought he wanted to hit that from the second he saw those white panties for the first time. I also doubt haru is a reasonable comparison to natsu at all, the two of them are practically polar opposites.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 04, 2010, 08:43 PM
Haru was not the perver-... nah.

Natsu and Haru are actually pretty easy to compare. Both were obsesed with stuff like friendship and faith and junk. The only major differences are that Natsu gets a sort of high from fights and Haru was a little more into the fate of the world. They both have about a 1:1 ratio of stupid comments and serious statements.

elitefox
February 05, 2010, 01:43 AM
I still love Erza X Natsu, more kinda like a couple than a puppy love Natsu X Lucy if it ever happens(just my taste though)

>> opposite attracts...
>> birds of the same feather stays together...

Lee-tyme7
February 05, 2010, 07:48 AM
Your right Erza & Natsu do make a hot, steaming couple but I guess he have to face her in this arc. Wonder If she really is evil?...

monkey D luffy
February 05, 2010, 11:34 AM
i hope that this arc isnt too long and that natsu and the gang reunite with the real fairytail

LoS
February 05, 2010, 03:30 PM
I hope it is at max 12 chapters.

kkck
February 05, 2010, 03:34 PM
I hope it is at max 12 chapters.

FT arcs are generally not very long. Given the precents we should expect at least 20 and as much as.... say 35?

LoS
February 05, 2010, 04:37 PM
the earlier arcs were smaller, but the Oracion Seis goof was far too long. I am hoping this Edoras arc is a sub arc that is a segway for the main arc.

oh and by the way, it blows that Mangastream lost their raw provider. Looks like we will have to wait till early Monday for rawparadise's raw.

Razh
February 05, 2010, 05:19 PM
FT arcs are generally not very long. Given the precents we should expect at least 20 and as much as.... say 35?

There's a lot of stuff going on in this arc now. There's the weird Fairly Tail version, Dargonslayers and their secret agent cats with an unknown mission, relationship between Natsu and Lisanna and all the other guild members, Edoras Natsu and other Fairy Tail members who weren't shown.
It's a good thing that Mashima kinda limited possible characters with Fairy Tail being the only guild left.

Oh right, then there's Mistgun's origins and his place in Edoras, possibility of Gazille's arrival and finally, battle against the entire kingdom and restoration of Fairy Tail from one giant lachryma crystal.
There's enough material for one entirely separate manga right there!

I suppose the different Fairy Tail members could meet with eachother after it's all over too.

Frankly, I can't see this arc being good if it will have just 12 or so chapters. There's so much stuff going on that it just has to be long.

So, how many of you believe that the King is a different version of a character we've seen already? First I thought it could be Makarov himself, but then I realized that he should be one of the people who created Fairy Tail. Either he will appear in the next few chapters, or he was turned into lachryma before. Like he held out the enemies so that his guild could escape or something.

v1nx
February 05, 2010, 08:46 PM
We haven't seen Lexus yet...have we?

And why do people want this arc so short? C'mon, this is the best acr so far, imo

rivermask
February 05, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'm hoping this arc turns out to have quite a few chapters, because at the moment, it has a lot of potential to be really good. I'm excited to see what happens next!

Didn't know Mangastream lost their raw provider........... That just sucks.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 05, 2010, 10:20 PM
How'd that happen?

Lee-tyme7
February 06, 2010, 12:11 AM
There's a lot of stuff going on in this arc now. There's the weird Fairly Tail version, Dargonslayers and their secret agent cats with an unknown mission, relationship between Natsu and Lisanna and all the other guild members, Edoras Natsu and other Fairy Tail members who weren't shown.
It's a good thing that Mashima kinda limited possible characters with Fairy Tail being the only guild left.

Oh right, then there's Mistgun's origins and his place in Edoras, possibility of Gazille's arrival and finally, battle against the entire kingdom and restoration of Fairy Tail from one giant lachryma crystal.
There's enough material for one entirely separate manga right there!

I suppose the different Fairy Tail members could meet with eachother after it's all over too.

Frankly, I can't see this arc being good if it will have just 12 or so chapters. There's so much stuff going on that it just has to be long.

So, how many of you believe that the King is a different version of a character we've seen already? First I thought it could be Makarov himself, but then I realized that he should be one of the people who created Fairy Tail. Either he will appear in the next few chapters, or he was turned into lachryma before. Like he held out the enemies so that his guild could escape or something.

Razh is right there are alot of stories here to be told and I hope it doesn't go by to quickly. I wanna know more about the Lachryma how does it work exactly? It could be interesting. Plus Natsu and Lisana, last time Lucy interupted them I hope they show more of their relationship.

kkck
February 06, 2010, 01:53 AM
I bet luxus is gonna be master of mirror fairy tail and makarov is gonna be either dead or evil...

Razh
February 06, 2010, 08:30 AM
I bet luxus is gonna be master of mirror fairy tail and makarov is gonna be either dead or evil...

I don't know. Our Luxus had dragon lachryma implanted in him by his father. His strength is largely influenced by that. I'd expect that Luxus won't be that strong in this world, or at least, won't be a lightning dragonslayer.

Btw? Laxus!? Sounds like a guy who can't get out of bathroom.:darn

Unlucky Boy
February 06, 2010, 08:50 AM
Other possibilities for the king's identity could be:

1. Lucy's father
Rich and powerfull, wanting to destroy FT. Not too far from the original.

2. Ivan
On the original world he's one of the dark world leaders, here FT are the dark guild so it could be him. Same could be said about Brain and Hades but I dont think we'll see them for a while.

3. Rahal
As he was intruduced not too long ago and he seemed important.

4. Master Bob
For the lols.

Razh
February 06, 2010, 10:42 AM
It would be sooo much cooler if the king was one of the good guys in normal world.

That Rahal dude doesn't seem that important really. Anyways, the king should probably be someone older and more imposing, not a gay nerd.

It's also possible that some characters that have died could still be alive here. Like Ur.

goldb
February 06, 2010, 11:34 AM
Since Lisanna is alive here then it's possible. I may meet Loki and Aries' previous master or maybe even in this world Ivan is good and never left the guild and now he's the master?!

monkey D luffy
February 06, 2010, 02:38 PM
Btw? Laxus!? Sounds like a guy who can't get out of bathroom.:darn

i assume you ment me here :facepalm, let me explain, firstly i saw a translation where his name was not luxus but laxus and also in the anime natsu pronounced his name laxus and not luxus. i know laxus souns just :s

Big Al
February 08, 2010, 01:04 PM
Raw is out...

http://hotfile.com/dl/27719245/2f72614/Fairy.zip.html

A decent chapter, btw the translation is out http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/171/01/

Nice setup for the arc, next chapter should be interesting.

LoS
February 08, 2010, 01:35 PM
so bored with this arc, please just wrap it up already

monkey D luffy
February 08, 2010, 01:53 PM
just looked at the raw. seems like we see the higher ups of edoras including the king (its not a master or laxus or anyone we know as far as i recall) edoras lucy joined natsu and wendy to the empirial city and she is strong.

Kravmaga
February 08, 2010, 02:17 PM
so bored with this arc, please just wrap it up already

Man, you must be such a bag of fun at parties...
=P

Did natsu lose his powers?!?

Sollum
February 08, 2010, 02:27 PM
This arc looks osum!

WTB translation ^_^

jacke12
February 08, 2010, 02:36 PM
LOL XD Natsu can't use DS magic because of the little magic in this world

BiteYourself
February 08, 2010, 02:37 PM
Crap chapter, even without translation it's clear there is nothing interesting. Waiting for a next week issue.

Unlucky Boy
February 08, 2010, 02:38 PM
This chapter reminded me much of Rave with all those captains and the king.

I wonder how just the 3 of them (and 2 useless cats that are going to betray them), with no magic power, are going to go against all those people...Even if Gazeel and Mistgun show up, they still need some serious help!

Sollum
February 08, 2010, 03:03 PM
This chapter reminded me much of Rave with all those captains and the king.

I wonder how just the 3 of them (and 2 useless cats that are going to betray them), with no magic power, are going to go against all those people...Even if Gazeel and Mistgun show up, they still need some serious help!

Same as always, they are going to learn how to use magic in this world

halfcrzy
February 08, 2010, 03:26 PM
Yup just saw the raw aswell. Captains and king of this world.. natsu explaining himself and lucy pwn. that pretty much sums it up. I was really excited for the last week for this chapter and thought there is almost no way this chapter can be lame from how the author has set it up.. Buttttt as my luck sucks he found one of those possibilities

Razh
February 08, 2010, 05:20 PM
What are you guys talking about? Not every chapter has to be super intensive or interesting for the story to be good. Ever heard of buildup? Prelude? Calm before the storm?
Give the guy some credit, this is just the 3rd chapter of the arc.

Fyna
February 08, 2010, 05:46 PM
Well, I'd say this is an interesting chapter. Not for the action but for what you learn. Natsu of course explains to them that they aren't from their world but from Earthland and that he wants them to tell him how to get to the capital. They mention some things about King Faust and even say that half of their members have dissipated and that the master was killed. :O

Also, the next chapter is Key of Hope.

monkey D luffy
February 08, 2010, 05:48 PM
i agree. also lucy is the strong one now so its gonna be good, maybe she will teach natsu how to use magic in edoras and that way hell get stronger without the help of outside fectors lile aetherion or gerard in general

Evil3ye
February 08, 2010, 05:49 PM
I actually find the new chapter doesn't look that bad. The new villain group is being introduced. I kinda like that Erza is one of them, however it's a little bit cliché, but still.. could be quite interesting.

And yeah.. I also like that it seems Lucy got some nice magic in this dimension.
Let's see how badass that gal can be :rolleyes:

Draco1988
February 08, 2010, 06:20 PM
Raw is out...

http://hotfile.com/dl/27719245/2f72614/Fairy.zip.html

can anyone upload this to another host? like Megaupload? Hotfile is killing me...

biron
February 08, 2010, 08:01 PM
so natsu is a complete weakling in this world
how pathetic
also lucys magic doesnt seem so cool
hope she has more in her sleeve
and the design of those villains is pretty strange, reminds me of rave, and that sucks coz imo so far Ft villains were better than in rave

LoS
February 09, 2010, 01:41 AM
Time to sticky this thread, cnet has dropped his trans, expect franky house to hit us up with their scanlation any minute.

What do you know, another time limit. Is this not getting repetitive... Oh and also Edra's Fairy Tail master was killed, was it Makarov?

Kravmaga
February 09, 2010, 02:30 AM
Yeah most probably. It's just a convenient way to toss the powerhouse out of the equation.

Next time, I bet natsu will discover he needs to eat fire every time he needs to use magic. Or cheesier yet, someone will use fire against him.

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 04:17 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/172/)

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/172

Razh
February 09, 2010, 04:43 AM
Yeah most probably. It's just a convenient way to toss the powerhouse out of the equation.

Next time, I bet natsu will discover he needs to eat fire every time he needs to use magic. Or cheesier yet, someone will use fire against him.

Having everyone alive and well would just needlessly prolong the arc. Fairy Tail being the last surviving guild is bound to have some casualties. A master is responsible for the lives of everyone in the guild so I'd imagine he sacrificed himself so that others can escape or something like that.

Oh, boo hoo, Natsu can't use magic. That's mighty strange in the world in which the king snatches mage guilds from different dimensions just so that his men can keep casting spells.

Or maybe there aren't dragons in Edoras. Or they were turned into Lachryma a long time ago. Maybe Dragonslayer magic can't exist in a world without dragons.
Oh, just to join with you on your prediction, maybe Natsu will end up fighting someone with fire dragon lachryma implanted into them.:p

Sollum
February 09, 2010, 10:34 AM
I think that this arc is really important, because i think that we will see Dragon Slayers REAL abilities, not the fire magic he kept using until now

soulbane_zp
February 09, 2010, 10:55 AM
A decent chapter, btw the translation is out http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/171/01/

Nice setup for the arc, next chapter should be interesting.

Ero-Sanji
February 09, 2010, 11:14 AM
Not much, but very promising.

Liked the King, original and kinda disgustingly powerful and evil and the name is perfect!

Ohh btw PantherLily = komamura???

Unlucky Boy
February 09, 2010, 12:04 PM
Next chapter's name "Key of hope", I wonder if it refers to one of Lucy's keys...

And about the king's name, Faust, according to a german legend Faust was a man with an unlimited thirst for knowledge so he made a pact with the devil in exchange for knowledge. Could Mashima be referring to that story? This king is thirsty for more magic, did he make a pact with some devil (as almost every arc so far was connected to Zeref I think we all know what devil it was).

Dice
February 09, 2010, 12:42 PM
I suspect that there are many people who don't rely primarily on magic. Ezra could be a real sword fighter in this world without her magic. Furthermore I think that very few people can use magic and the king is one of them and should be top notch.
While Natsu was pretty...well useless without his magic we know that he has a well trained body (I'm just thinking about one of his first battles). So he'll be able to beat some guys I think without his magic.
Sooner or later they will meat the king who has unbelievable strong magic and defeats all with ease but unluckily for him he uses some sort of fire magic well and we know what Natsu can do with firemagic :D. The king is than forced to use his trumpcard and uses some magic which gives him incredible physical strenght (in addition to some firepower ;) )
.Maybe he turns in some sort of dragon. Dragon magic has been artificially manifactured in the past, see Luxus for example. So it's not that far fetched that the king brought this to a new level.
Of course this magic comes for a very high price. It consumes almost every single magical power in Endras. Only Natsu is able to manifest his magic (due to Faust's fire) and after a long hard battle we get so see why he is called a dragonslayer. Although Faust is somewhat (or totally) immune against Natsu's firemagic we still know that Natsu amplifies his attacks with it (I'm imagine that he can put more strenght behind a punch). While Faust uses his ultimate attack (in his already ultimate form which was produced with his ultimate magic (very ultimate this guy xD)) - which uses firemagic of course - he tries to fry Natsu. He might even say something that he could finish a real dragon with this attack. Thoug Natsu will use this fire a lands the ultimate ultima-punch which finishes off the ultimate mage of Endras while this ultimate mage was using his ultimate attack in his ultimate form.

Of course this is all only speculation and not all of it should be taking totally serious. Exspecially all the 'ultimates' xD

ghostexiled
February 09, 2010, 01:25 PM
Interesting chapter... I am even more curious as to what the Natsu from this world was like. They seemed beside themselves when he kept insisting on going off to help his friends.

Also, I now have a feeling that the "Other" Erza will turn on the kingdom... and I base that off of that little old man Byro giving Erza and company a nasty look and laugh.

But I do think that this arc has opportunities to let Natsu grow... since he will have to find ways to fight and survive without fire. I am pretty sure on the fact that all he needs is to eat some fire... but it won't be a large supply like it is when he is in his normal world.

Also it is nice to see that the "other" Lucy is an actual fighter... maybe she will teach the Earth Lucy some moves. :D

poobert
February 09, 2010, 02:42 PM
So the cats and Natsu can't use magic, but Lucy has a magic whip?

How do the guild members use magic then? How is there even a guild :s

Maybe in this world, magic is a natural resource, so if natsu got his hands on lachryma, he can use it as a battery for his magic. But then using it might kill the people it is made from.....

Vetinari clone
February 09, 2010, 03:34 PM
about half the people who posted here were pretty down on this arc. Give it a chance people, it's what 3 or 4 chapters into the arc and you are already judging the whole thing? Anyway I like that it's a whole new king not someone we already knew.

LoS
February 09, 2010, 04:48 PM
about half the people who posted here were pretty down on this arc. Give it a chance people, it's what 3 or 4 chapters into the arc and you are already judging the whole thing? Anyway I like that it's a whole new king not someone we already knew.

Probably because outside of answering questions about the Neko and DS magic it is pointless. Both of these could have feasibly been answered/revealed in the main earthland arcs as well.

Lee-tyme7
February 09, 2010, 06:44 PM
LOL, what a chapter! I'm getting the idea that maybe Edoras is like our world where there are only limited of wizards or magicians that can use magic while everyone else are fighters, and Fairy Tail world is like our fantasy world with unlimited magic and fairies. Although I am curious now what E-Natsu look like and I'm getting the hint that E-Lucy really like Natsu. It is interesting that Natsu can't use magic for we've been seeing him fight with magic as to now he can't. What will he do? Learn swordmanship?...but that will be fun to see. It's cool that E-Lucy can Kick some butt and I'm hoping she will do battle with E-Erza to see who the strongest.

kkck
February 09, 2010, 07:23 PM
Nice chapter overall but kinda confusing. I guess the reason for which lucy could use magic (apparently) while natsu and the rest couldn't will be explained soon. Maybe magic can be obtained from the outside but it has to be gathered before using it.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/2/25/
At least from what makarov says here it seems magic is made from inner and outside energy (kinda like sage chakra in naruto lol). Nice developments. Probably natsu will need to focus more to use even limited amounts of magic. He does seem to be the strongest when angry so it is plausible once he gets angry he will be able to fight at full power.

My prediction for next chapter is natsu will get some form of vehicle. I think he would need to get to edoras before the lachrima is activated to save FT.

rivermask
February 09, 2010, 07:32 PM
Next chapter's name "Key of hope", I wonder if it refers to one of Lucy's keys...

I noticed the chapter title as well, and I was thinking the same as you, that it'll have something to do with the Lucy's keys. (Don't know if that would be "Other" Lucy [assuming she has keys] or Earhtland-Lucy??)

The chapter titles in this series usually give big clues to the events of the next chapter... Wonder how this will play out.

It's also awesome to see that "Other" Lucy can fight! (She definatly likes Natsu). It would be cool if more "Other" Fairy Tail members joined up with Wendy and Natsu. (Like "Other" Gray).

Wouldn't Mystogun have been sucked up with the Anima along with Magnolia Town and Fairy Tail? I wonder when he'll enter the plot....?

I'm also wondering if we will find out in this arc where Natsu and Wendy met before....? ( http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/133/06/ )

This arc is pretty exciting, seeing as a lot of different things can happen. This arc has potential to be really good. Can't wait for 172

kkck
February 09, 2010, 07:40 PM
I noticed the chapter title as well, and I was thinking the same as you, that it'll have something to do with the Lucy's keys. (Don't know if that would be "Other" Lucy [assuming she has keys] or Earhtland-Lucy??)

The chapter titles in this series usually give big clues to the events of the next chapter... Wonder how this will play out.

It's also awesome to see that "Other" Lucy can fight! (She definatly likes Natsu). It would be cool if more "Other" Fairy Tail members joined up with Wendy and Natsu. (Like "Other" Gray).

Wouldn't Mystogun have been sucked up with the Anima along with Magnolia Town and Fairy Tail? I wonder when he'll enter the plot....?

I'm also wondering if we will find out in this arc where Natsu and Wendy met before....? ( http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/133/06/ )

This arc is pretty exciting, seeing as a lot of different things can happen. This arc has potential to be really good. Can't wait for 172
I wonder who's hope the title refers to though. Odds are they mean a hope for the good guys but hey, mashima could surprise us. Seeing this lucy, I would think he had some sort of affair/romance with lucy. Bet this world's natsu is either dead or a prisoner.

Lee-tyme7
February 09, 2010, 09:17 PM
LOL he's always thinking about Lucy even in a time like this.
http://beta.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/171/15/

AnimeLoverX
February 10, 2010, 12:47 AM
and thats why lucky comes to save their ass.

i wonder what kind of magic is that 'whip'

and... wtf... the master dead alrdy? thats it? just a simple liner? no depth explanation?...

MechR
February 10, 2010, 01:06 AM
Time to sticky this thread, cnet has dropped his trans, expect franky house to hit us up with their scanlation any minute.Unless I'm mistaken, Franky House hasn't done anything with FT since ch 145 or so. Do you mean I Eat Manga?

Other than that, Binktopia did 145-160ish, and Mangastream did from 161 till this week, where they've suddenly hit the rocks. (Lost their speedy raw provider; even so, IEM has already released using Raw Paradise's scan, so I don't know if MS has something against RP's scan, or what.)

After last week's early release, the prolonged wait for this one felt like two weeks... :crying

BlackHair
February 10, 2010, 09:44 AM
so bored with this arc, please just wrap it up alreadyCouldn't agree more. After all that build up with the Dragons and Gildarts we have to endure this sleeping pill arc. Hope this is finished within a few chapters.

ghostexiled
February 10, 2010, 09:59 AM
We should at least give it time to see how the battles will play out, especially since Natsu and Wendy have no magic abilities to use.

Unlucky Boy
February 10, 2010, 11:18 AM
I just read the chapter again. It looks like the King is planning an attack on Earth Land, strengthening the army although FT is the only guild left and the captains were enough to take down all the other guilds. I think we might even see a fight between the Edoras army and the new council of Earth land.

rivermask
February 10, 2010, 10:36 PM
I just read the chapter again. It looks like the King is planning an attack on Earth Land, strengthening the army although FT is the only guild left and the captains were enough to take down all the other guilds. I think we might even see a fight between the Edoras army and the new council of Earth land.

A fight would be interesting to see, especially since I don't think most Earthlanders know that Edoras exists! Imagine having people from another world suddenly attack you. (it's turning into a sci-fi manga!)

kkck
February 10, 2010, 11:54 PM
Wonder if this new lucy is a stellar spirit mage. She would obviously be of a different class than regular lucy though. This lucy could actually just use keys like caellum to enhance her physical combat or even other spirits. Summoning a weak silver key along with a tool could be terribly effective. Here is a list of a few keys she might have used right now:

Coma Berenices "Berenice's Hair"
Hydra "the sea serpent"(female)
Hydrus " the water snake"(male)
Sextans "the Sextant"

given that the whip was not a living thing I am inclined to believe it is not any of the creatures I listed. I am inclined for the hair thing. There is a list of all the stellar spirits (the 89 of them) in the stellar spirit discussion thread BTW.

LoS
February 11, 2010, 01:28 AM
A fight between Edras and Earth world would be absolutely pointless. Not only would Edras not even put up a challenge it would be a complete waste of time. The sole purpose of Edras is to explain Mist Gun, the Neko's, and possibly a bit more about Dragon Slayer magic. That is why I would rather Mashima would just get this current arc over with anyway. Sure have this Fairy Tail and Earthland group fight against the kingdom, but make it happen like NOW. And at least every chapter have dialogue where shit is actually revealed.

Unlucky Boy
February 11, 2010, 01:10 PM
Sure have this Fairy Tail and Earthland group fight against the kingdom, but make it happen like NOW. And at least every chapter have dialogue where shit is actually revealed.

Natsu said it's going to take 5 days till they get to the capital.
Most of the previous arcs concluded in 1 day or less.
Do the math :p

Razh
February 11, 2010, 03:13 PM
Natsu said it's going to take 5 days till they get to the capital.
Most of the previous arcs concluded in 1 day or less.
Do the math :p

It will obviously take less to complete the whole Arc. Otherwise Natsu will find that his brethren are already being harvested for king Faust by the time he gets there.

Time for some allies, like Mistgun and Gazille.

LoS
February 11, 2010, 04:22 PM
Lol, if we had a 4 day arc(the time till lacryma extraction) that would be about 60 chapters. It aint going to happen. There will either be a time skip or somehow the extraction process will get a speed up and things will go down in a day or so.

SerpentTailedAngel
February 11, 2010, 07:10 PM
I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late on this, but something just occured to me. Rahal (or however you spell the name of that Neo Council guy), out of all the characters in Fairy Tail, is the one whose personality actually most reminds me of Sieg Hart. Sorry to interupt your relevant-to-the-chapter discussion. I just had to get that out.

rivermask
February 11, 2010, 07:53 PM
even though I'm enjoying the arc, I pray to God that it doesn't last 60 chapters. :/
[hr]
Here's the link for the Stellar Spirit Discussion Thread (in case you're curious like me and want to go check it out) http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51589

Thanks kkck! I didn't know there was one.

Krono
February 11, 2010, 09:34 PM
Lol, if we had a 4 day arc(the time till lacryma extraction) that would be about 60 chapters. It aint going to happen. There will either be a time skip or somehow the extraction process will get a speed up and things will go down in a day or so.

There are four days until extraction begins, and five days of travel time to the capital. Obviously something must happen to speed up the trip. I doubt the extraction process will be sped up, as that would merely increase the need to speed travel time. As the need is already built in, it's not like Mashima needs to create a reason to do so.

LoS
February 11, 2010, 11:38 PM
I said if Mashima chose not to skip time, then the extraction would have to be sped up, which obviously means the FT crew would also have to speed up their travel likewise. We won't be seeing 4+ days slowly drag on by in this arc. Well at least I know we all pray that doesn't happen.

elitefox
February 12, 2010, 12:26 AM
5 days to reach the capital

and how much time to bridge it?

it must be 3 days max.

ghostexiled
February 12, 2010, 12:27 AM
well they have to get there sooner than that... because didn't they say within 5 days time the "original" Fairy Tail was going to be completely absorbed/turned into magic by then?

soulbane_zp
February 12, 2010, 06:13 AM
well they have to get there sooner than that... because didn't they say within 5 days time the "original" Fairy Tail was going to be completely absorbed/turned into magic by then?

I think it was less then 5 days time, and you have a point.

But then again who says that Mashima is going to draw every day it takes them to go there? :p
This can be done in one panel, say Natsu saying "it's been 3 days, are we still not there yet?", there you have it, so i don't see why some people are getting worked up with the days :D

Natsu and co will probably fight with some of the captains that were introduced before getting in the city, then they will probably face off with Erza, then they will free FT from the lacryma and proceed with fighting against the king.

And i hope that the guys from mangastream gets new raw provider who will be equally fast as the last one, i got use to reading chapters on the weekend :(.

Unlucky Boy
February 12, 2010, 10:53 AM
But then again who says that Mashima is going to draw every day it takes them to go there? :p
This can be done in one panel, say Natsu saying "it's been 3 days, are we still not there yet?", there you have it, so i don't see why some people are getting worked up with the days :D

Then why even mention the 4/5 days? He could just had said it's a one day trip...
I'm pretty sure it's going to take a few days to the capital, but they will get there in time to save Magnolia either by getting there faster or something that will happen in the capital and make the magic draining longer.
Anyway this arc is going to be about the same length as all the previous arcs.

Krono
February 12, 2010, 12:00 PM
Then why even mention the 4/5 days? He could just had said it's a one day trip...

It could just be a matter of rationality. Why would Edras Fairy Tail hide a one day walk from the capital? That'd practically be within sight of the capital.

The four days thing is part of the explanation of why Fairy Tail and the town of Magnolia aren't already dead, and why the kingdom hasn't immediately started murdering them for their magic.

Taken as a whole it says "Yes things will happen on the way to the city, no it isn't going to take 5 action filled days encompassing dozens of chapters to get there."

Zatono
February 12, 2010, 08:15 PM
I'm guessing that Edoras Lucy has a large crush on Natsu. Seems pretty obvious, and maybe Natsu will start to talk about Lisanna a bit more because of the possibility of the topic of love coming up.

Zeltrax
February 12, 2010, 09:04 PM
not a worthwhile read :(
but I'll see how it goes in a few more chapters.
Can't give it up here right yeah?
The kingdom guys definetly looks like those who
"will get owned by ft again" dummies.
:D

rivermask
February 12, 2010, 09:40 PM
I'm guessing that Edoras Lucy has a large crush on Natsu. Seems pretty obvious, and maybe Natsu will start to talk about Lisanna a bit more because of the possibility of the topic of love coming up.

It'll be interesting to find out if he thought of Lisanna as more than a friend or the exact kind of relationship they had.

din_84
February 13, 2010, 02:25 AM
have anyone of you thought where the natsu edoras version are? seem like he exists in edoras world also. i'm guessing he's planning to attack the castle too.. maybe he will combine with earth natsu

LoS
February 13, 2010, 03:50 AM
I just hope that he looks AND acts differently, we know he acts differently from Lucy's reaction to the Earth Natsu's personality.

ghostexiled
February 13, 2010, 04:32 AM
If they are all suppose to be opposite from the Earth world versions, wouldn't Natsu be kinda like Gray plus quite and non confrontational? :)

Egoone
February 13, 2010, 04:36 AM
have anyone of you thought where the natsu edoras version are? seem like he exists in edoras world also. i'm guessing he's planning to attack the castle too.. maybe he will combine with earth natsu

well, from this page (http://beta.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/171/05/) I have a feeling that edoras natsu is loner or he just don't care about his friends, because when earth Natsu said "I'm gonna save my friends, no matter what!!" edoras FT members were shocked. So I think that edoras Natsu is wandering around the edoras trying to accomplish something (maybe assassinate the king) on his own...

soulbane_zp
February 13, 2010, 05:21 AM

I think that EartLand Lucy has a crush on Natsu too, not just Edoras Lucy.

Gats
February 13, 2010, 05:33 AM
It's not love. It's just that Edoras Lucy is the type of girl who would come to help but doesn't want to show it while the "Earth" Lucy was always participating big adventures DESPITE her. Remember, several times she said "Why the hell I'm here ? Why have I been chosen for this mission ?", it's just that Natsu and Erza thougth (comical purpose) that she wanted these mission.

kazille
February 13, 2010, 05:39 AM
maybe, ed-natsu is kinda like luxus. that explains the reaction.

just asking, the manga is suppose to come out in saturdays right? the delay was due to the provider. since, there's a new provider now then it goes back to the usual sched or is it gonna be wednesdays?

soulbane_zp
February 13, 2010, 06:40 AM
maybe, ed-natsu is kinda like luxus. that explains the reaction.

just asking, the manga is suppose to come out in saturdays right? the delay was due to the provider. since, there's a new provider now then it goes back to the usual sched or is it gonna be wednesdays?

WJ comes out on wednesday in Japan, we've been getting the chapters on saturday because the guys from mangastream had fast raw provider, they are now using rawparadise which means the chapter will be available late monday or tuesday.

Orpheus 2
February 13, 2010, 08:02 AM
Hello, I've been reading this manga for quite some time. It's a great read.

well, from this page (http://beta.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/171/05/) I have a feeling that edoras natsu is loner or he just don't care about his friends, because when earth Natsu said "I'm gonna save my friends, no matter what!!" edoras FT members were shocked. So I think that edoras Natsu is wandering around the edoras trying to accomplish something (maybe assassinate the king) on his own...

That may be true. He have one part gazille, one part luxus and one part mystogan as his character. I'm guessing that edoras Natsu will have different power from earthland Natsu.

kkck
February 13, 2010, 05:17 PM
Wonder what source of magic could be infinite though. I bet natsu will have to deal with that too in the future lol. Considering how powerful the dragons from earthland actually are, I think the king might actually try getting them.

Zeltrax
February 13, 2010, 11:32 PM
I've just realized a major plot hole in this arc.
if every thing is opposite, and everyone is too.
and if fairy tail is the last guild, do this mean that
they are the strongest?
I mean, We've seen other badass guilds in the real world,
and there are other real kickass dark guilds back then.
For example, Raven tail.
So if fairy tail is the last guild left, it means that all the other guilds, even if they are stronger than ft got wiped out.
So lemme ask, what logic is there that fairy tail is the last surviving guild when there are other stronger guilds out there?
And putting erza with the kingdom is just wrong, it means that She is stronger than a lot of people in FT world.
The author is making it look as if FT is the one and only guild that is strong enough to kick the kingdom's ass, when there are so many more guilds in the r/l world.

rivermask
February 14, 2010, 12:51 AM
they are the strongest?
For example, Raven tail.
So if fairy tail is the last guild left, it means that all the other guilds, even if they are stronger than ft got wiped out.
So lemme ask, what logic is there that fairy tail is the last surviving guild when there are other stronger guilds out there?
And putting erza with the kingdom is just wrong, it means that She is stronger than a lot of people in FT world.
The author is making it look as if FT is the one and only guild that is strong enough to kick the kingdom's ass, when there are so many more guilds in the r/l world.

I don't think it's that they are the strongest, but that they are the best at running away. The way I read it made it sound like they were just good at not getting caught and that's why they are still here.

Sollum
February 14, 2010, 09:05 AM

Lets have some assumptions:
Smart person is smart person and weak, he is forced to use his brain to survive
Dumb person is dumb and STRONG, he is arrogant coz of his strength, he depends on brute force

Dumb one always try to pick on Smart one.

Situation A - Medium sized boulder is rolling down the hill:
Smart: Ill just step away so it wont hit me
Dumb: ILL SMASH IT TO PIECES HAHA NUBZ
Smart one moves aside and dumb one smashes the rock, everyone stays a live

Situation B - LARGE boulder is rolling down the hill:
Smart: Ill just step away so it wont hit me
Dumb: ILL SMASH IT TO PIECES HAHA NUBZ
Smart one moves aside and dumb one... well dumb one gets squashed.

TL;DR

While power is good at the beginning, it sucks later on and leads you to death eventually

LoS
February 14, 2010, 11:14 AM
Raw for 172 is out boys and girls

http://hotfile.com/dl/28554496/a6a348a/Fairy.zip.html

ghostexiled
February 14, 2010, 11:26 AM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/173/)

OV: http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/173-57/1

DDL: http://mangastream.com/download/fairy_tail/173-57

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in the Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.~Ghost

soulbane_zp
February 14, 2010, 12:20 PM
I guess they found Lucy, and she can use stellar spirits, i guess that's the "key of hope".
And Natsu was using something to channel his magic, seems like an interesting chapter.

LoS
February 14, 2010, 12:27 PM
Since magic is limited they use mediums to channel the magic, aka tools. Edras Lucy uses that magic sword, now Wendy and Natsu were using tools as well.

soulbane_zp
February 14, 2010, 12:31 PM
Since magic is limited they use mediums to channel the magic, aka tools. Edras Lucy uses that magic sword, now Wendy and Natsu were using tools as well.

Yes, but the question is, why can Lucy summon stellar spirits and why is she not in the lacryma (i saw a panel with mystogan maybe he got Lucy out because she is the only one who can use magic in here). Maybe because the spirits are summons and the magic comes from them not from the summoner. I guess we will know when the translation is out.

BiteYourself
February 14, 2010, 12:37 PM
Oh, I like it. At last someone could escape lachryma-prison. Now I really wonder about translation. Looks like ELucy explained how to use magic in her world.

Krono
February 14, 2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, but the question is, why can Lucy summon stellar spirits and why is she not in the lacryma (i saw a panel with mystogan maybe he got Lucy out because she is the only one who can use magic in here). Maybe because the spirits are summons and the magic comes from them not from the summoner. I guess we will know when the translation is out.

She's not in the lacryma because of Horologium. She's in that world because of Mystogan.

As for why Lucy's magic is fine, it's because her magic already was channeled through an item. She just uses the stellar spirit keys instead of a magic sword.

soulbane_zp
February 14, 2010, 12:50 PM
She's not in the lacryma because of Horologium. She's in that world because of Mystogan.

As for why Lucy's magic is fine, it's because her magic already was channeled through an item. She just uses the stellar spirit keys instead of a magic sword.

You're right, i missed the clock on the speech bubble :tem.

Ero-Sanji
February 14, 2010, 01:20 PM
Yes!!!!!

Both Scorpio and Aries used spells!

Unlucky Boy
February 14, 2010, 01:49 PM
Time to call Gemini and perform Triple Lucy Attack!!!

jacke12
February 14, 2010, 01:57 PM
LOL!!! Lucy the most powerfull in Edoras XD
And how will Loki react to the two Lucy's

Kravmaga
February 14, 2010, 02:46 PM
Time to call Gemini and perform Triple Lucy Attack!!!

Which will totally reveal the fact she has the hots for natsu!
Could see that happen.

monkey D luffy
February 14, 2010, 03:36 PM
when natsu and wendy learn to control their power it will be awesome!

hongoasdf
February 14, 2010, 04:41 PM

I see... so, theoretically, any other mage whose magic was channeled through an item may be able to use magic in Edoras? Say, for instance, Kana and her cards?

Anyways, looks like an interesting chapter full of lolz... but I'm still waiting for Natsu to obtain that kickass staff/lance from the latest volume cover. Maybe he'll get it from his Edoras counterpart. Or maybe it won't even exist, and Mashima drew it in the volume cover for people like me to build up hope...

Awaiting translation.

Sollum
February 14, 2010, 05:08 PM
The item that Natsu possesses looks like a hilt of the sword and his task is to learn how to channel fire magic through it without "spiting" it, not to mention that it needs to be wielded in one hand, not with two...

Yay for Lucy!

Megchan87
February 14, 2010, 07:11 PM
Looks like hotfile is down (to me)... aah i want to read the chapter :darn

It's down for me too. :shakefist

I'm soooo happy though, that they found Lucy. And that she can use her keys. X3

The Closet Pervert
February 14, 2010, 07:34 PM
I like the cover. I really like the cover. Perhaps best pic of Erza this far :P

To be honest I'm very worried about the fact that magic is limited in that world. What if Natsu simply burns himself out..? I know it's not possible since he's the (/one of the) main character(s), but still..

fuzaco
February 14, 2010, 07:39 PM
Eh, Lucy has been found? Now I'm pretty sure it won't take much time till Gray and Erza join the party too.

Kravmaga
February 14, 2010, 07:42 PM
Looks like hotfile is down (to me)... aah i want to read the chapter :darn

http://rapidshare.com/files/350725788/Fairy_2_.zip.html

For those deemed uncool by hotfile.

kkck
February 14, 2010, 09:23 PM
Nice chapter lol, can't wait for the scanlation. So real lucy is the one that is going to teach natsu and wendy how to properly use magic? Not bad really lol. Seems like lucy will be capable of fighting at full power which is bound to make her important in the short run. I am surprised there wasn't as much lucy-lucy action though.

Baka_Sousui
February 15, 2010, 03:46 AM
OMG!! I need to know the dialogue!!
Makes you question what Makarov did since he knew something was up.
Lucy kinds of bring that hope.
I'm guessing Mishima want's us to like Lucy more and see how much more potential she really has.

urlaub
February 15, 2010, 03:56 AM
Wait is Lucy or Natsu the protagonist again? Or they both?

monkey D luffy
February 15, 2010, 05:26 AM
its hard to tell at the moment. there was a special for both of them and lucy was the first to be introduced and show her powers so yeah idk
[hr]
theres a translation ready. the chapter is quite good and i cant wait to the next chapter named "fireball"

soulbane_zp
February 15, 2010, 06:15 AM
Wait is Lucy or Natsu the protagonist again? Or they both?

The story is told by Lucy. In the end of every arc we see her writing in her diary giving conclusion to the arc, so yes she is the female protagonist while Natsu is the male protagonist.

the translation
http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/releases/19953

goldb
February 15, 2010, 09:06 AM
Go Lucy!!! Strongest Member of Fairy Tail loooool, it's crazy how things turn out... What is up with Mistgun!! where is he off to now?

Gats
February 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
Very nice chapter. I liked it.
I get the feeling that it's an arc focusing on Lucy's summons since she possess a lot of them now. Maybe it's time for Natsu to learn how to use his firepowers more efficiently.

ghostexiled
February 15, 2010, 09:36 AM
Scanalations are out:

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/172

Newkerzy
February 15, 2010, 09:43 AM
LOL, Lucy as the "strongest"..... I think this arc is not bad for Lucy. It gave her a major confidence boost since she always seems to lack confidence. Maybe from the aftermath of this arc, Lucy might get a small boost of confidence. I got a gut feeling this arc will definitely be connected/centered around Lisana & Lucy.

Ero-Sanji
February 15, 2010, 10:38 AM
This reminds me of the real stereotype mage channeling magic through a medium such as a wand. This also explains why mistgun uses staffs since he originated from edoras.

Though i really enjoy Scorpio having a spell what's with the name "sand bastard"... oh well i shouldn't complain.

poobert
February 15, 2010, 11:03 AM
My first accurate prediction! Lachryma acts like a battery for magic power!

I wonder if the reason that Lucy can use magic is because her magic is stellar spirit, which comes from another dimension already. Maybe she draws magic from that world instead of the one they are in. Also the keys are magical objects too. Maybe they have their own magic source.

jacke12
February 15, 2010, 12:49 PM
if the magic power comes from Lachryma will the new generation dragon slayers able to use their powers

Sacto0562
February 15, 2010, 01:09 PM
Okay--all those people who think the Earthland Lucy is the weakest of mages at Fairy Tail can officially apologize. ;)

kkck
February 15, 2010, 01:54 PM
Lucy was never weak though. She certainly was useless in a physical confrontation but her summons overall are regularly fairly powerful. I think people -including herself- tend to underestimate her. If she had the magic to keep two summons at the same time she'd be overkill by now lol.

hongoasdf
February 15, 2010, 02:07 PM
Lucy was never weak though. She certainly was useless in a physical confrontation but her summons overall are regularly fairly powerful. I think people -including herself- tend to underestimate her. If she had the magic to keep two summons at the same time she'd be overkill by now lol.

Quite so. If she could mantain two Golden Key Spirits at the same time she could, for example, summon Gemini and Leo. Gemini copies her, and they, in turn, can summon two more spirits... say, Scorpio and Aquarius. Now that's overkill.

... Gemini's too friggin' broken.

HappyStealer
February 15, 2010, 03:13 PM

True but she just lacks the mental stability since she doubts herself a lot and it seems she doesn't have much stamina to last long fights. I would think that since stellar spirits takes on appearances of the users liking, it also has the same effect when it comes to the strength of the stellar spirit. Strong user = Strong Stellar Spirit, Weak user = Weak Stellar Spirit, etc.. etc..

Very funny chapter though. Nice to see Lucy being the strongest now. She's so haughty though LOL Next chapter's title is fireball so i assume its gonna have to do with Natsu

Very nice art of Erza Knightwalker... I definitely think Edoras Erza looks better than Earthland Erza.

Wrath
February 15, 2010, 03:59 PM
Aweeeeeeesoooooooooome! Since Lucy is my favourite, this may just turn out to be my favourite arc yet!

True but she just lacks the mental stability since she doubts herself a lot and it seems she doesn't have much stamina to last long fights. I would think that since stellar spirits takes on appearances of the users liking, it also has the same effect when it comes to the strength of the stellar spirit. Strong user = Strong Stellar Spirit, Weak user = Weak Stellar Spirit, etc.. etc..That's certainly true, but I think that it's also important how obedient the Stellar Spirit is - notice that Lucy's strongest Spirits at the moment are the ones least under her control (though Aquarius and Leo are independent for different reasons). The ones who are under her command are the ones who seem weaker. I tend to think that each of the Zodiac Spirits is inherently no stronger than the rest, and it comes down to the mage's ability to summon and control them that matters.

That's why I think it's telling that Aries, who is very timid and gentle seeming, was still able to do so much damage in this chapter. Lucy is getting stronger, and not just because she's got more keys!

HappyStealer
February 15, 2010, 05:02 PM
Aweeeeeeesoooooooooome! Since Lucy is my favourite, this may just turn out to be my favourite arc yet!
That's certainly true, but I think that it's also important how obedient the Stellar Spirit is - notice that Lucy's strongest Spirits at the moment are the ones least under her control (though Aquarius and Leo are independent for different reasons). The ones who are under her command are the ones who seem weaker. I tend to think that each of the Zodiac Spirits is inherently no stronger than the rest, and it comes down to the mage's ability to summon and control them that matters.

That's why I think it's telling that Aries, who is very timid and gentle seeming, was still able to do so much damage in this chapter. Lucy is getting stronger, and not just because she's got more keys!

In addition, since magic in edoras isn't abundant, the magical weapons the soldiers were using aren't as strong, thus making aries having stronger magic. I would expect someone like erza knightwalker or any of the commanders to have extremely strong magic and giving lucy a much harder time. But I do agree that lucy is getting stronger (mentally and physically.)

I do wonder if the author purposely put in this arc so that natsu can get stronger before he faces off with the black dragon...... hmmmm.....

Evil3ye
February 15, 2010, 06:10 PM
I kinda liked earthland Lucy's appearance. Tbh I didn't take this arc very serious so far... c'mon, parallel dimension and stuff lol! But with some more FT characters it might be interesting afterall. At least when Mist Gun has joined the squad..

I was a little bit disappointed by Aries' powers though. Ok, it suits her, but since this is my sign as well I'd have preferred her doing some rough magic. :D

Baka_Sousui
February 15, 2010, 06:40 PM
That's certainly true, but I think that it's also important how obedient the Stellar Spirit is - notice that Lucy's strongest Spirits at the moment are the ones least under her control (though Aquarius and Leo are independent for different reasons). The ones who are under her command are the ones who seem weaker. I tend to think that each of the Zodiac Spirits is inherently no stronger than the rest, and it comes down to the mage's ability to summon and control them that matters.

Um... I don't really see any of her Summons as "weaker". And they certainly aren't "weaker" under her command. Each and every summon so far has showed individual personality. Some more strong willed (Aquarius) and some more obedient (Virgo). Virgo to me seem pretty strong and has a lot of potential but she has a very obedient personality. Making her seem less powerful. Oh minds tend to think that the strong command the weak. That's not always the case. It's just some seem more powerful due to their personalities.

Anyone besides me think Lucy(Earth) seem a bit more adorable in this chapter than usual?

OmegaShunketsu
February 15, 2010, 06:55 PM
does edoras lucy feels something for natsu? look at page 6 :3

kaizoku king
February 15, 2010, 08:34 PM
yo endoras magic sucks thank god mashima decided to make fairy tail the way he did

rivermask
February 15, 2010, 08:53 PM
I think that it's great that Lucy showed up; this arc will give her a chance to not only grow stronger, but to hopefully gain confidence (seeing as she won't be able to rely on Natsu). The fact that she can still use her magic also helps considerbly. (Now they have a chance at winning, lol)

However.... that doesn't change the fact that Natsu and co. will still arrive one day late at the capital...... How are they going to get there faster???

Draco1988
February 15, 2010, 09:01 PM
Anyone besides me think Lucy(Earth) seem a bit more adorable in this chapter than usual?

Seconded
Probebly because she got more confident in herself and thus more upbeat and bring out her charm :p

About the horologium, I think Lucy said that she cannot go into their (the stellar spirit's) dimension, how can he hid her there?

kkck
February 15, 2010, 09:25 PM
True but she just lacks the mental stability since she doubts herself a lot and it seems she doesn't have much stamina to last long fights. I would think that since stellar spirits takes on appearances of the users liking, it also has the same effect when it comes to the strength of the stellar spirit. Strong user = Strong Stellar Spirit, Weak user = Weak Stellar Spirit, etc.. etc..

Very funny chapter though. Nice to see Lucy being the strongest now. She's so haughty though LOL Next chapter's title is fireball so i assume its gonna have to do with Natsu

Very nice art of Erza Knightwalker... I definitely think Edoras Erza looks better than Earthland Erza.

Personally, I don't think the actual appearance of the spirits matters. Seeing how virgo moves, it didn't seem like there was a difference between her small and large version. At least IMHO, the overall appearance is superficial -I am under the impression the whole appearance thing only applied to virgo though- and the actual power of the spirit depends on the user.

As for the stamina thing, the problem is the fights she is in require her to constantly chance spirits which is what really drains her. I don't think she would get tired so fast if she didn't need to change spirits constantly. Lucy should really get some silver keys at least to support her spirits. I always thought it'd be interesting to see combinations of spirits in battle, unfortunately lucy lacks the keys and stamina for that. A silver key individually could be weak but I could see one of those things doing considerable damage if combined with other silver keys (say a silver key creature with the thing angel summoned for instance)

Jet_Alone
February 15, 2010, 10:05 PM
One sure thing about Lucy is that she has a lot of potencial, remember when she fought that Oracion seis, when that guy imprinted that spell in her head, he only imprinted the casting the magical power came directly from Lucy.
In my opinion she has the magical power, but she lacks the combat experience to use it efficiently, this arc will sure prove that as she get involved in more combats her sumonnigs will get more powerfull.

By the way, Scorpio rocks XD.

kkck
February 15, 2010, 11:12 PM
they are the strongest?
For example, Raven tail.

It was already made clear that edoras is not an opposite to earthland. Edoras is simply different, that is all.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/170/07/

Baka_Sousui
February 15, 2010, 11:12 PM
-I am under the impression the whole appearance thing only applied to virgo though-

I was under that impression too, till i saw Aries's latest summoning. She's not completely different but she has minor changes each time. When she was with Karen she's like in my sig. When she was with Angel she had a Handbag with the Aries symbo . Now when Lucy summoned her, she has no handbag but she has a different hair style and dark neck collar.

Edit: Sorry just re-examined it. Her neck collar is darker and she has a black belt with Lucy but her hair is the same but was not obvious before. Seem Mishima has made it more identifiable now.

kkck
February 15, 2010, 11:24 PM
I was under that impression too, till i saw Aries's latest summoning. She's not completely different but she has minor changes each time. When she was with Karen she's like in my sig. When she was with Angel she had a Handbag with the Aries symbo . Now when Lucy summoned her, she has no handbag but she has a different hair style and dark neck collar.

I just notice the minor changes you mentioned but I am still not sure.... It is just too minor. Hairstyle is the same though. It just seems as if aries has become more defined/properly drawn. The handbag does seem to appear and disappear randomly though.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/73/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/115/03/
If you take a look at loki, it does seem as if he is basically the same as he was when karen was his master though. After being capable of returning to the SSW he simply took his old form. I tried to check scorpio too but not enough of him is shown this chapter.
[hr]
One of the things which really surprised me in this chapter is that lucy really seems to be taking up after the normal FT member. She seems less rational than usual considering she is willing to take on the entire military force of the kingdom. Perhaps it is just a lack of overall understanding of the situation though. She does seem to become less rational and more impulsive as time goes on though.

Baka_Sousui
February 16, 2010, 12:10 AM
I just notice the minor changes you mentioned but I am still not sure.... It is just too minor. Hairstyle is the same though. It just seems as if aries has become more defined/properly drawn. The handbag does seem to appear and disappear randomly though.
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/73/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/115/03/
If you take a look at loki, it does seem as if he is basically the same as he was when karen was his master though. After being capable of returning to the SSW he simply took his old form. I tried to check scorpio too but not enough of him is shown this chapter.

Yeah sorry about that. I looked up the old images and realized her hair was meant to be that way but was not so obvious before.
Then came back to edit my post. Then realized you already made a response :p

One of the things which really surprised me in this chapter is that lucy really seems to be taking up after the normal FT member. She seems less rational than usual considering she is willing to take on the entire military force of the kingdom. Perhaps it is just a lack of overall understanding of the situation though. She does seem to become less rational and more impulsive as time goes on though.

If you suddenly become the more powerful person, you'd have a boost of confidence too. Also probably hanging around Natsu for so long rubs off a bit after a while. It's a case of "What's the point of fighting the inevitable?". Actually a lot of fairy tail members tend to do irrational things if you think about it.

Kravmaga
February 16, 2010, 12:38 AM
If you suddenly become the more powerful person, you'd have a boost of confidence too. Also probably hanging around Natsu for so long rubs off a bit after a while. It's a case of "What's the point of fighting the inevitable?". Actually a lot of fairy tail members tend to do irrational things if you think about it.

Couldn't agree more...
Breaking the rules and going on an S-ranked mission with natsu was only one of the many irrational things lucy's done. She might be more cool-headed than natsu but even a wild animal would look collected and rational compared to natsu.

HappyStealer
February 16, 2010, 01:59 AM

Hmm I don't know. I've always felt that lucy was always the type to do irrational things even before meeting natsu. I mean she was willing to go with that guy who pretended to be salamander just so she can get into fairy tail and he was a sleaze ball. I just think she's voicing herself publicly more instead keeping it in her thoughts because of natsu's and fairy tail's influence.

Unlucky Boy
February 16, 2010, 08:07 AM
One sure thing about Lucy is that she has a lot of potencial, remember when she fought that Oracion seis, when that guy imprinted that spell in her head, he only imprinted the casting the magical power came directly from Lucy.
In my opinion she has the magical power, but she lacks the combat experience to use it efficiently, this arc will sure prove that as she get involved in more combats her sumonnigs will get more powerfull.

By the way, Scorpio rocks XD.

And she was also the only one able to perform magical fusion. There's something special about Lucy that even she doesnt know yet. Probably related to her mother...

ndulzky
February 16, 2010, 11:53 AM
And she was also the only one able to perform magical fusion. There's something special about Lucy that even she doesnt know yet. Probably related to her mother...

Hello,
I'm new to the Fairy Tail discussion (just started reading last week and cought up to the last chapter last night!) and not sure if somebody else has mentioned this before...

The year Lucy's mother died seems to be the same year that all the dragons died. In chapter 66, after Fairy Tail defeated Phantom, Natsu had a conversation with Gazzile and Gazzile said 7 years ago was year 777... and then on chapter 68, when Lucy visited her mother's grave, it is written on the tombstone "x748-x777"... so yeah, I do believe Lucy has a special power and it's probably related to her mother...

I read Rave a long time ago.. and I think probably her role would be somewhat similar to Elie there? Crucial to the plot because of her unique magical power... I'm thinking probably now FT has 3 dragon slayers in the guild because somewhat these dragon slayers are "attracted" to Lucy? Something will happen when all dragon slayers have gathered together with Lucy... I'm just throwing out random thoughts here... haha...

Unlucky Boy
February 16, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hello,
I'm new to the Fairy Tail discussion (just started reading last week and cought up to the last chapter last night!) and not sure if somebody else has mentioned this before...

The year Lucy's mother died seems to be the same year that all the dragons died. In chapter 66, after Fairy Tail defeated Phantom, Natsu had a conversation with Gazzile and Gazzile said 7 years ago was year 777... and then on chapter 68, when Lucy visited her mother's grave, it is written on the tombstone "x748-x777"... so yeah, I do believe Lucy has a special power and it's probably related to her mother...

I read Rave a long time ago.. and I think probably her role would be somewhat similar to Elie there? Crucial to the plot because of her unique magical power... I'm thinking probably now FT has 3 dragon slayers in the guild because somewhat these dragon slayers are "attracted" to Lucy? Something will happen when all dragon slayers have gathered together with Lucy... I'm just throwing out random thoughts here... haha...

Hi, Welcome :)

Yeah we know about the year Lucy's mom died, that's why I said she must be special because of that.

Nice theory about the DS being attracted to Lucy, I like that.

kkck
February 16, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hmm I don't know. I've always felt that lucy was always the type to do irrational things even before meeting natsu. I mean she was willing to go with that guy who pretended to be salamander just so she can get into fairy tail and he was a sleaze ball. I just think she's voicing herself publicly more instead keeping it in her thoughts because of natsu's and fairy tail's influence.

How is this weird lol? Girls go out with random creepy guys they meet on the street all the time lol. I always thought that was kinda of a normal girl thing lol.

Zatono
February 16, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm guessing Lucy can summon her spirits because they're in an alternate world of their own, and the keys are like the magic objects of Edoras. I'm hoping for Lucy to somehow make this guy appear, since it appears that this arc belongs to her. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/74/10-11/

kkck
February 16, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'm guessing Lucy can summon her spirits because they're in an alternate world of their own, and the keys are like the magic objects of Edoras. I'm hoping for Lucy to somehow make this guy appear, since it appears that this arc belongs to her. http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/74/10-11/

I don't know if the spirits being in an alternate world makes a difference (the keys open an inter-dimensional door so it should work anywhere right?) but I think the keys work simply because they work in a similar fashion to magic in edoras. I am not very sure of how magic in edoras works though. I mean, it would seem as if the objects have a magic battery of their own rather than actually channel the magic of the users. Why else would natsu actually overuse his magic to the point of not being capable of using it again? I simply don't understand why natsu isn't capable of generating magic on his own as usual.

Wrath
February 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
Um... I don't really see any of her Summons as "weaker". And they certainly aren't "weaker" under her command. Each and every summon so far has showed individual personality. Some more strong willed (Aquarius) and some more obedient (Virgo). Virgo to me seem pretty strong and has a lot of potential but she has a very obedient personality. Making her seem less powerful. Oh minds tend to think that the strong command the weak. That's not always the case. It's just some seem more powerful due to their personalities.

If there's no difference between the Stellar Spirits once they are summoned then Aquarius and Leo wouldn't be referred to as Lucy's trump cards. But I do believe that they are not inherently stronger than the others, just that because they're disobedient they appear to be so. The more passive a Spirit is the more direction they need from their summoner, so the more they reflect the summoner's mental state.

Ravis
February 16, 2010, 07:14 PM
If there's no difference between the Stellar Spirits once they are summoned then Aquarius and Leo wouldn't be referred to as Lucy's trump cards. But I do believe that they are not inherently stronger than the others, just that because they're disobedient they appear to be so. The more passive a Spirit is the more direction they need from their summoner, so the more they reflect the summoner's mental state.

I think they simply have different uses, Leo is intended for combat thus getting the "trump card" title because she only needs that power when shes in combat. Aquarius isn't that strong it's just her power is to create giant waves which happen to destroy a lot of stuff.

If Lucy was fighting a giant cow you could say Virgo would be her trump card because she could dig holes. they just have different utility, which some are more useful than others.

kkck
February 17, 2010, 12:36 AM
I ahve been wondering something.... If it is objects rather than people who have magic in this world, isn't it possible for natsu and wendy to take whatever gives power to an object so that it would power the two of them directly? Natsu would be far more efficient that way.
[hr]
On another note, it seems natsu will have to change his fighting stile in this arc. Not just because he can't use magic with his body but because the object he has to use is severely limited in the amount of times he can use it. This means natsu will have to learn control and restrain now. It might be a good thing in the long run and probably will allow him to use his power in more creative ways in the future.
[hr]
BTW, just read the cnet translation and the attack is not named sand bastard but sand buster lol. Not as fun but certainly makes a lot more sense.

poobert
February 17, 2010, 05:25 AM
I ahve been wondering something.... If it is objects rather than people who have magic in this world, isn't it possible for natsu and wendy to take whatever gives power to an object so that it would power the two of them directly? Natsu would be far more efficient that way.

He could eat the lachyrma like he did in that tower. But the largest source on the planet are the fairy tail mages, and eating them might kill them.

But I don't know if being able to eat fire and magic is something that Natsu can do naturally, or if it is a part of his magic, so it might not work in this world.

But I hope so. Who else is going to fight Erza's dragon!

Qc_stryder
February 17, 2010, 05:28 PM
he could just hold a lachryma crystal in his hand and channel the magic through his body thus becoming the "magic object" and be able to use his fire. but he might just eat it. it does seem... natsu like:p

kkck
February 17, 2010, 05:50 PM
he could just hold a lachryma crystal in his hand and channel the magic through his body thus becoming the "magic object" and be able to use his fire. but he might just eat it. it does seem... natsu like:p

It's not like he hasn't done stuff of that nature before lol.

SubliminalInsanity
February 17, 2010, 07:40 PM
Is anyone getting the notion that Edoras Lucy is hinting at something? It's just that there specific moments when Mashima focuses on her facial expressions. The one that had me curious was when Natsu asked what people in Edoras do when they are naturally born with magical abilities. Is she really puzzled by that question or does she really know something about it?

Jet_Alone
February 17, 2010, 09:00 PM
It's just me or Natsu is being an ass because he is jealous that Lucy can use her magic and he cannot. Just look at all his faces after he discovers that Lucy can summon spirits, he looks pissed in everyone.
He hates not being the center of attention XD.

kkck
February 17, 2010, 09:53 PM
Is anyone getting the notion that Edoras Lucy is hinting at something? It's just that there specific moments when Mashima focuses on her facial expressions. The one that had me curious was when Natsu asked what people in Edoras do when they are naturally born with magical abilities. Is she really puzzled by that question or does she really know something about it?

I got the impression that lucy simply didn't know what they were talking about and misinterpreted the question altogether. In edoras magic does not manifest physically through the users body, it only works through objects. Considering the objects in general are called magic, lucy probably thought they were talking about being very talented and capable of using magic without much training or as something innate rather than firing it from a human body.

Unlucky Boy
February 18, 2010, 01:19 AM
I wonder if there's something special about Earthland's Lucy, Edora's Lucy might be special as well. The Edora's Lucy probably doesnt know that because in her world only items are used as magic but maybe she has the natural ability to use magic like Earthland's Lucy. In that case she could use some of Lucy's keys (as I think the keys of the gates do not exist in Edoras) for the upcoming battles. I'd really like to see more stellar spirit battles so I hope it's true...

elitefox
February 18, 2010, 02:52 AM
Well stellar spirits can cross other worlds in the first place so I think there is likely no restriction to any world they can be. I don't even consider it magic.. the summoning thing.

more of a question is how is the stellar spirits has magic to fight?

and one more thing is where does the black market extract magic from? earth humans too?

Jet_Alone
February 18, 2010, 03:26 AM
and one more thing is where does the black market extract magic from? earth humans too?

I'm starting to think that Magic in Edoras is like oil in our world. Maybe is extracted from mining lachryma, but magic overuse has depleted the mines and now they are the same point as us. Just think about all the problems with oil today, increase of price, forbiding non eficcient use, national oil reserves.
Change "Oil" for "Magic" and you have Edoras.

By the way finally we know why Mystgun carries so many staffs, I bet everyone is a Magic.

Horologium
February 18, 2010, 07:46 AM
umm... i hope at the end of the arc earthland lucy doesn't give her keys to edoras lucy.... that's just my opinion