PDA

View Full Version : Review Chapter 572+573 and 574 Recaps

wintergt
February 10, 2010, 07:03 PM
I was debating with myself whether to post these or not, because I always put them on livejournal and it's such a hassle to repost them here and do the formatting all over again, so I decided to post the links for those that appreciate the humour:

Chapter 572+573 Recap
Chapter 572 wasn't very exciting but the next one inspired me to continue with my wacky recaps, so I did a double issue last week.

http://wintergt.livejournal.com/950.html

Chapter 574 Recap
This one was a real goldmine. Amazing chapter and lots of material to work with.

http://wintergt.livejournal.com/1059.html

Comments are very welcome! Any feedback on what you liked and disliked can help me to know what to work on for the future.

Zeltrax
February 13, 2010, 09:18 AM
your reviews really pissed me off,
do you even have a heart?
But I don't or can't care yeah? It's you doing the review afterall
cos its not really the time to be making funny remarks,
at least not in this chapter
Just saying that I hate them, no offence buddy.

Organizized
February 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
I found them rather funny. I am a huge One Piece fan and I almost cried to this chapter, but then again, I'm of the opinion that you have to be able to laugh at anything, joke about it. "Nothing is sacred". I wouldn't want to take everything so seriously all the time, and seeing as it was stated in the review that he found the chapter amazing, I'm to believe he shares this opinion.

@wintergt: Pretty good job, man. A bit of a departure from the usual reviews you see every week. I'm not saying I dislike those, just that it's nice to see.. something else. :tem

One thing, though, the long-neck wasn't on the Sabaody price list. There are long-arms, long-legs and snake-necks, but no long-necks. Just nit-picking.

Keep it up! :)

Lord Rayleigh
February 14, 2010, 05:55 AM
your reviews really pissed me off,
do you even have a heart?
But I don't or can't care yeah? It's you doing the review afterall
cos its not really the time to be making funny remarks,
at least not in this chapter
Just saying that I hate them, no offence buddy.

Come on, it's good. He's done funny and interesting reviews that show what is important in the chapters.
What's the matter ?! Is it just because we have to click on a link or because he said that Ace was stupid to come back to fight Akainu ? :s

bittman
February 15, 2010, 04:55 AM
Probably because it was "too soon".

You know, like how you couldn't make jokes about Michael Jackson until like 18 months later because fans are still mourning.

It's only Ace. It's only a story. It's only the internet. And it's only humour.

I've got no problem with the links btw, it's what I'd do if I had a nice pretty website and something worth putting up on it. Still, this review/recap feels more like a bunch of captions.

Bucks
February 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
It was a legendary :O face.

Mess
February 16, 2010, 05:04 PM
I really like your humorous recaps man but this just are some things you cant joke about. I hope to see you continuing but keep in mind that some chapters are better left alone.

Gats
February 18, 2010, 04:47 AM
I really like your humorous recaps man but this just are some things you cant joke about. I hope to see you continuing but keep in mind that some chapters are better left alone.

No way. One Piece is not real life, it's a shounen manga. If you guys can't stand humorous post about fictionnal things, even more when you're free to read it or not (it's not like hearing a guy making a live comment during a movie), you seriously have to question yourself.

It is said that you can joke about anything, but not with anybody. You can also notice that he said that he posted external links for those who appreciate the humour. Guys who are complaining just have to blame themselves in this case.

Mess
February 18, 2010, 06:50 PM
No way. One Piece is not real life, it's a shounen manga. If you guys can't stand humorous post about fictionnal things, even more when you're free to read it or not (it's not like hearing a guy making a live comment during a movie), you seriously have to question yourself.

It is said that you can joke about anything, but not with anybody. You can also notice that he said that he posted external links for those who appreciate the humour. Guys who are complaining just have to blame themselves in this case.

I have nothing against him joking about one piece I just felt that much of the humor was lost thanks to the serious atmosphere of the last chapter. And as I said I like his humorous recaps and hope to see more of them.

You shouldn't take things so serious my friend =3

edit: of course I can only speak for myself I guess your post was intentioned to everyone that "complained" even if it was me you quoted.

wintergt
February 19, 2010, 06:56 PM
I had expected some people would react like this, but it's cool all feedback is welcome ofcourse. I enjoyed the chapter and thought it was well done on all fronts, but for these wacky recaps I make I have to pull everything through the meatgrinder, so to speak. The shock effect often adds to the humor, ofcourse it will depend on the person, but that is the reason why so many insensitive jokes are floating around. (like dead baby jokes and what not)