PDA

View Full Version : Review Chopper's 10 Comments~ One Piece 433

Garaku
November 07, 2006, 03:24 AM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5986/introvu4.png
There’s enough love for all! Let the Comments begin!

Well after a long discussion between me and Silver (long discussion being a minute), we’ve agreed on both doing separate commentaries on the same chapter for better opinion ranges. Thank you Kokotas and CEZ for the fast and awesome scanlations! Now without further ado….

[b]~~Chopper's Ten Comments~~
One Piece Chapter 433: The Name of That Sea is…

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7287/1ji8.jpg
Is it alive?

1. Poke it. Maybe it’ll move.
Well it was pretty expected for Enel to find something on the moon. The only question was, what? After countless chapters of waiting, we finally have our answer!... kinda….

Well from observations, we can tell that it is obviously a living thing of some sort. Also by its heavy equipment and helmet, I’m going to assume that it’s on an exhibition of some sort. Well the only real way to find out what that big headed/helmet thing is, is to wait for the next chapter to be released.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1134/3su1.jpg
Can you say H4X?

2. Cheaters?
You’d think with all those theories about Devil Fruit ships, that’d we’d at least have a few on Sea Stone ships! It’s definitely an interesting trick, worth noting to see how future marines and pirates can abuse it to their needs.

But then where there’s abuse, there are also problems. The Calm Belt has no wind due to its magnetic fields, so sails are absolutely useless there. Sea stone are also pretty rare and hard to find, and hard to sculpt as well. But then again, with all of the resources and cash that the World Government provides to the marines, it shouldn’t really be a problem for them to find a huge labor force or genius inventions.
In short, rowing a warship through the Calm Belt is a possibility.

But wait, is that Nami in the corner there? What is she doing? Weeelll....

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4261/4im2.jpg
Keep shouting like that, it won’t draw any attention at all…

3. Always taking notes.
The number or uses for a DenDen Mushi never ceases to amaze me. First there was the normal telephone, then the mini cell phone, the PA announcements, the Buster Call Alarm, and now introducing… the James Bond device!

My question is: why is Nami eavesdropping when she could’ve just sat with Luffy like his good pal Chopper. My guess would be that like Zoro, she felt like Koby and Luffy should have some alone time. Still shouting her actions out like that won’t get her the part in any secret agent movie….

Also note the kawainess of Bikini-Nami!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1386/5tu6.jpg
Feed your gun a fruit day!

4. Geniuses are found on both sides of the table.
The question of the baseball-gun dog, and Funkfreid are finally explained! It was all due to the apparently famous Dr. Begabank! Definitely can’t wait to meet this guy.

Now will he be a mad or sane scientist, and what sense of justice does he believe in? Also noting Nami’s reaction to this discovery, it seems that she may have heard or known of the doctor from sometime in the past. Be it her long lost father, or a crackpot Michael Jackson, only the future and Oda can decide.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6450/6gp0.jpg
START ME UP

5. Three Big Words
The second half of the Grandline has been revealed as “The New World.” Just those three words are enough to get me excited for upcoming chapters! Love the choice of backgrgound for the scene as well, it's just so beautiful!
Being halfway through is another factor to consider as well. It makes me happy that One Piece will continue on for a while longer, but it makes me sad at the same time to think that it will have to end eventually…

The introduction of the New World can be unofficially considered the end of the Water 7 Arc, and the start of a new adventure!!! Aaah I hope you’re all psyched as I am!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9707/7im8.jpg
Our dreams will meet again!

6. And thus they part…
It’s a shame to see those two go, especially after they grew so much. Well like they said, the New World is where they’ll meet again.
May they be stronger and cooler the next time we see them!

REMEMBER COBY! YOU PROMISED US!!!

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2605/8zu7.jpg
… I want to try it tooooo!!!

7. Yay Food and… SOGEKING???
Hehe Zoro, you said exactly what I was thinking! Sogeking returns with avengance, ready to save our world from the terror of meat. Paper or not, that meat does look good… I’m so jealous of them! :darn

With the appearance of Sogeking, the possibility of Usopp going on a short separate journey seems more and more plausible. What ever choice he decides to make, I pray it will help strengthen his relationship with his nakama!

Oh and then where there’s food after such a big arc, you know what comes next….

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3996/9yj1.jpg
PARRTYYYY!!!

8. BBQ POOL PARTY~ YA!
After a long week’s work of being framed, nearly assassinated, and breaking down a World Power’s Stronghold, you know you deserve to get drunk as much as you want! Even Pandaman joined in! (Though I’m too lazy to circle him right now) :p

Every single character of this arc (except for the government jackbutts), are having a good time! Even the giants have meat just the right size for them! Question is… where did Sanji get such big meat?

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7286/9bve1.jpg
Cool yet Sneaky

9. Aokiji… Need I say more?
My initial reaction at seeing this titanic monster was, “GET OUT NOW!” But that thought was quickly scrapped after his amazing speech. Seems like Saul’s sacrifice managed to save Robin again! Wow Aokiji you’re awesome!

With the Ice-man’s blessing, Robin can now officially join the fun of the Strawhats! She even decides to join an eating contest to Sanji’s dismay!

As for that red circle up there… some big-shot marine just decided he could jack some awesome meat and not share it with me….

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9271/10tl5.jpg
BAD@**

10. The Two Emperors Meet!
Not much to say for this one, except the government seems really stressed over this meeting. Hopefully next chapter we’ll see why.

And dang Whitebeard looks scary!!!!

Rating: Another 5 out of 5 bentos for One Piece. This chapter was all fun, especially with the introduction of “The New World!” No notable downers that I could point out, so this chapter deserves all the marks it can get!

~That’s all for now. Hope you had fun reading!

white silver
November 08, 2006, 02:50 AM
Well from observations, we can tell that it is obviously a living thing of some sort. Also by its heavy equipment and helmet, I’m going to assume it't’s on an exhibition of some sort. Well the only real way to find out what that big headed/helmet thing is, is to wait for the next chapter to be released.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Wonder if it's a space helmet!!

*Here's my weirdest theory: The guy who's lying down is probably Dr. Begabank the scientist. Why? It's quite logical for a scientist to do something crazy like an expidtion to the moon. Who knows. Probably just another Martian!

But then where there’s abuse, there are also problems. The Calm Belt has no wind due to its magnetic fields, so sails are absolutely useless there. Sea stone are also pretty rare and hard to find, and hard to sculpt as well. But then again, with all of the resources and cash that the World Government provides to the marines, it shouldn’t really be a problem for them to find a huge labor force or genius inventions.
In short, rowing a warship through the Calm Belt is a possibility.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]You must have some pretty strong guys to row a Warship. No. they must have some sort of Auto-device that keeps the ship running without the sails.

The number or uses for a DenDen Mushi never ceases to amaze me. First there was the normal telephone, then the mini cell phone, the PA announcements, the Buster Call Alarm, and now introducing… the James Bond device!

My question is: why is Nami eavesdropping when she could’ve just sat with Luffy like his good pal Chopper. My guess would be that like Zoro, she felt like Koby and Luffy should have some alone time. Still shouting her actions out like that won’t get her the part in any secret agent movie….

Also note the kawainess of Bikini-Nami!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Seems like Nami is up to no-good with her schemes. Probably for a good cause.

~That’s all for now. Hope you had fun reading!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Oh great comments Garaku! Keep it up.

[color=red]*Note: Why don't you promote your comments in signature just like what I'm doing. I think it's the almost the same thing as pinning a topic*

bax
November 08, 2006, 04:19 AM
What can I say is, I LLLOOOOOVVVVEEE your comments. You took your time to edit the pics as well ^_^

1. Poke it. Maybe it’ll move.
Well it was pretty expected for Enel to find something on the moon. The only question was, what? After countless chapters of waiting, we finally have our answer!... kinda….

At first look, it really looks like the huge mole in the mini-arc of one of the Sky-Priest, isn't it? Another fact-defying from Oda. Well, that's One Piece. It won't be One Piece if we follow Einstein, Pascal or Newton, isn't it?

2. Cheaters?
You’d think with all those theories about Devil Fruit ships, that’d we’d at least have a few on Sea Stone ships! It’s definitely an interesting trick, worth noting to see how future marines and pirates can abuse it to their needs.

Eh... Sea-Stones attached to Marine HQ ships? Just how many are there?

But ofcourse, SH don't really need Sea-Stones. With Luffy, Zoro and Sanji on the ship, Sea Kings won't even dare to get close. Or they'll end up in Sanji's cooking set and on the plate in front of Luffy ^_^

Now will he be a mad or sane scientist, and what sense of justice does he believe in? Also noting Nami’s reaction to this discovery, it seems that she may have heard or known of the doctor from sometime in the past. Be it her long lost father, or a crackpot Michael Jackson, only the future and Oda can decide.

Em yeah... Nami is sexy, but personally, Robin is smexier

Ok, back to comments. Yeah, I like to know who is this Dr. Begabank. Hmm.. perhaps Nami has heard his name before. Well, Nami is one of the wiser SH crew (after Robin ofcourse), so perhaps she knew something about Dr. Begabank. I don't think he's Nami's father though.

The introduction of the New World can be unofficially considered the end of the Water 7 Arc, and the start of a new adventure!!! Aaah I hope you’re all psyched as I am!

I do :occa

So, there exist a place like that huh. Like you said, it marks the end of Water7 arc. And unofficially too, *personally* told us that SH is actually at the half mark of GL. Liek I said in Silvy's comments, this is probably the playground of the big boys. Shicibukai and the 4 Emperors might trade their blades and skills here.

6. And thus they part…
It’s a shame to see those two go, especially after they grew so much. Well like they said, the New World is where they’ll meet again.
May they be stronger and cooler the next time we see them!

Uhuh... I would like to see their characters and powers to grow more. I wanna see the resourcefulness of theirs. Perhaps, next time, they will have a serious battle with SH. More like Luffy vs Usopp at the start of the Water7 arc

With the Ice-man’s blessing, Robin can now officially join the fun of the Strawhats! She even decides to join an eating contest to Sanji’s dismay!

And thus, Robin can officially say, "Get Out of My Life" to Aokiji. Finally after so many years living in the dark, hated and being used, Robin now found her place. Not just a normal spot in a village. But a spot inside the most notorious and fat-rising pirates of them all, the Straw Hats. I still feel the sadness and the happiness of Robin.

When she shouted "Take me to the ocean with you!!", OMG, that was awesome.

Not much to say for this one, except the government seems really stressed over this meeting. Hopefully next chapter we’ll see why.

Huh? What? Marine blockades? Heh? It seems that Shanks and his crew are more than meets the eye.

Now, I wanna know, what is the requirement to be an Emperor.....
Yeah, nothing much that we knew about those two, perhaps the next chapter will reveal it for us.

Well, I'll give this chapter 4 stars. I really want to see how this story will evolve from now on.
Oh yes, keep on commenting Garaku. You can rest assure that I'm lurking around for people's comments, and that includes yours.

Here my observation for your *condition* Garaku. (maybe a solution too)

1. You should announce your comments in your sig. Make it a little bit big or clorful, so that people can notice that ^_^
2. And next, maybe you can be a little bit more active, especially inside the OP section, so that people will notice you

Be slow and steady. It takes time to build up your fan-base. Take this challenge as encouragements, ok? I'll make sure I'll be commenting on your comments every week because I like your comments, honestly ^_^

Robotic Red
November 08, 2006, 11:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Whitebeard's mustache looks like a gigantic bone?

bax
November 08, 2006, 11:28 AM

XDDDD
How did you came up with that??
No offense ofcourse. It's just funny >.<

Dark Zeza
November 08, 2006, 11:52 AM
8. BBQ POOL PARTY~ YA!
After a long week’s work of being framed, nearly assassinated, and breaking down a World Power’s Stronghold, you know you deserve to get drunk as much as you want! Even Pandaman joined in! (Though I’m too lazy to circle him right now) :p

Every single character of this arc (except for the government jackbutts), are having a good time! Even the giants have meat just the right size for them! Question is… where did Sanji get such big meat?

At first I thought, luffy sleep eating is the party but it seem a little not so noisy enough. Then they come to the real party!!! Not so surprise since it is Oda sensei concept after big fight. :tem

9. Aokiji… Need I say more?
My initial reaction at seeing this titanic monster was, “GET OUT NOW!” But that thought was quickly scrapped after his amazing speech. Seems like Saul’s sacrifice managed to save Robin again! Wow Aokiji you’re awesome!

As for that red circle up there… some big-shot marine just decided he could jack some awesome meat and not share it with me….

This really reveal that Aokiji is actually a nice guy, keeping Robin alive for more than 20 years for his best friend's dying wish. It's good that he wont try to kill Robin anymore.

IMO when Sanji was shouting and stopping Robin, I think Robin was trying to poke her nose with the stick, just like what chopper and Luffy usually do. :darn

And dang Whitebeard looks scary!!!!

This is what I am waiting for, I hope next chapter will show us what they are going to discuss about.

Robotic Red
November 09, 2006, 07:50 AM
XDDDD
How did you came up with that??
No offense ofcourse. It's just funny >.<

None taken. But seriously! Look! It doesn't stop at his upper lip, it gows onward over the mouth! And it is PERFECTLY shaped like some kind of bone. Like a sabertooth tiger's fang, or a mammoth's tusk. It just seems so ODD that it doesn't look like a mustache (even though it is...OR IS IT?!).

Also, one more note. How long has the timeline been in One Piece, from Luffy's home to now in the Enies Lobby arc? A year? Maybe two? Why do I ask? Well...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/UltraSonic007/OP-20010-2001.jpg
Chapter 10...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/UltraSonic007/02.jpg
Chapter 76...

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1386/5tu6.jpg
Chapter 433.

What's that?!

It's like she's gone from C to D! Did she have plastic surgery, because boobs just don't grow that large so quickly!

Maybe Nami was feeling inadequate next to Robin...or maybe she went overboard when Bon Clay impersonated her...

>.>

white silver
November 09, 2006, 10:44 AM
It's like she's gone from C to D! Did she have plastic surgery, because boobs just don't grow that large so quickly!

[b][font=verdana][size=1]No, it's not just her, but everybody in the crew as well. It seems that they look older and more mature. Zoro looked like a your average teenager, but now, he looks like he's finished puberty. I think about 1 1/2 or 2 years have past since his trip. This is just amazing, they actually grow from time to time and we don't notice it.

*And Nami is more lady-like now* soo smeexy!

@Garaku: I PM'd [color=red]GK about pinning your thread. Looks like you've got it, as well as getting more attention! Your comments shine! :smile-big

Garaku
November 10, 2006, 01:15 AM
Yosha! Understood! Thank you Silver-san and Baxteric for the support and advice!

434 shouldn't be too far off....

As for time in One Piece, with all the parties going on, it's hard to believe there wouldn't be one for each crew member's birthday, so I believe that almost but not quite a year has passed so far.

white silver
November 10, 2006, 08:05 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Great, you've finally put in the signature! I've finished with 434! It was a great chapter!

weixiaobao
November 11, 2006, 08:50 PM
Now, let see:

-You sure have much different view point than White Silver (equaly interesting)

-Have read this I just realized that we dunno anything about Zolo's, Nami's, Sanji's real parents yet and Robin's father maybe they show up soon.

-PS I love your jokes (Garaku's).

-not much to comment since I already read c434 and spoil everything.

-plus I didn't realize about Panda man being at the barbecue (sharp eyes, man)

-Continue your comments ok

-And why is One Piece comments have less replies than GK's naruto 10 comments. Naruto is a great fun manga and all, but it cannot have that much more fans than One Piece. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (it cannot be) (harsh reality)

goofy_man
November 12, 2006, 03:25 PM
It's called the "Seras Victoria Syndrome".....Seras, the primary female character of Hellsing, undergoes a similar transition (at least in the first 4 volumes).....that.....and most mangaka are closet perverts....
Hellsing's Kohta Hirano is more like the Jiraiya of mangaka....as he's not ashamed to admit one of his hobbies is beating off.....and that in a seemingly self-made poll of most popular Hellsing characters, boobs ranked #7.... >__>

Btw, where is Pandaman? I looked all over that shot and couldn't find him....care to circle his location?

No...to me it looks more like Oda made use of another similarly-shaped-yet-highly-controversial 'stache....that of the SYSTEM ∀-99 (WD-M01) ∀ Gundam "Turn-A Gundam" (http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/turn-a/system-a-99.htm)

I will laugh my ass off if Whitebeard ever says this: "Do not make me mad....or I will jack b!tches up....WITH MY 'STACHE!"

Garaku
November 13, 2006, 01:59 AM
Btw, where is Pandaman? I looked all over that shot and couldn't find him....care to circle his location?

Er... Someone circled him earlier in another Chapter Discussion Thread but I didn't bother saving the pic =P. Sorry. If it's any consellation I did try looking for him myself, but I just couldn't find him either. Maybe if we're lucky the person who did find him can poke his head into this thread and help us out!

*Hisss* Movingstone, Zolo is only used in the name of Satan! >.< Zoro is the way to go! And thanks!

And another big thanks and hug to everyone for their support!

(Comments for 434 are now posted!)

white silver
November 13, 2006, 05:43 AM
*Hisss* Movingstone, Zolo is only used in the name of Satan! >.< Zoro is the way to go! And thanks!

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Die 4Kids!

weixiaobao
November 13, 2006, 05:24 PM
Zolo or Zoro (I mix them up) (I used both them) (but Zoro and oro (perv))
Chopper (GaraKu)! I support you all the way. We need more One Piece fans!
And DEath to 4 kids!
(Accually I got that from American Shonen Jump)

goofy_man
November 13, 2006, 08:54 PM
(Accually I got that from American Shonen Jump)

That's because 4Kids ordered Viz Media to change Zoro's name to fit with the "dub" of One Piece, so as not to confuse people. The first editions of the manga referred to him as "Roronoa Zoro". After 4Kids picked up the anime, they pressured Viz to change it to "Roronoa Zolo" to fit 4Kids' demands.
Of course, Viz recently (figuratively speaking) stabbed 4Kids in the back by keeping Ms. Goldenweek's original name in--4Kids Americanized her name into "Ms. April Fool's Day"; same thing happened with Ms. Merry Christmas (she became Ms. Groundhog's Day in the "dub") and Ms. Doublefinger (Ms. New Year's Eve in the "dub")--along with using Smoker's real name instead of his "dub" name, Chaser....

One Piece is not alone in this situation. The Yu-Gi-Oh! manga (licensed by Viz) uses the original Japanese names for Yugi's pals, unlike the anime which uses Americanized names....

weixiaobao
November 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
Viz should stab 4kid until it bleed to death!!!

Wahaaaaa haaaa haaaa (unique evil laugh)

goofy_man
November 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
4Kids is losing a lot of $$$, mainly due to the low amount of an audience for their shows (yes, it seems there ARE people who WATCH AND LIKE the "dub"), which equals less money for them.....

If 4Kids was smart, they would release One Piece uncut on DVD, but have they? Heck no.....

white silver
November 13, 2006, 11:13 PM
If 4Kids was smart, they would release One Piece uncut on DVD, but have they? Heck no.....

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Okay this is getting offtopic but still, read the company's name, 4Kids means for Kids only, no uncut there. *Die 4kids* they totally childrenized a teen film, which is just plain wrong.

weixiaobao
November 14, 2006, 04:27 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Okay this is getting offtopic but still, read the company's name, 4Kids means for Kids only, no uncut there. *Die 4kids* they totally childrenized a teen film, which is just plain wrong.

We totally forgot about this is Chopper's 10 comments! Poor Chopper! And die 4 kids!
That's it I have the last post about die 4 kids. So no more talk about Die 4 kids.

Ok, Die 4 kids for the last time!

Garaku
November 15, 2006, 07:34 PM
And remember children, everytime the name Trace is used instead of Ace, Al Kahn eats a baby :o

weixiaobao
November 15, 2006, 07:39 PM
Trace is such an uncool name when compare to Ace.
What are they thinking?
The more reason why 4 Kids should DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

goofy_man
November 15, 2006, 11:01 PM
And remember children, everytime the name Trace is used instead of Ace, Al Kahn eats a baby :o

If that's what happens when "Heat Fist Trace" is used instead of "Fire Fist Ace"......then what happens when Sanji's cigarette becomes a lollipop with smoke coming out the end?

white silver
November 15, 2006, 11:59 PM
If that's what happens when "Heat Fist Trace" is used instead of "Fire Fist Ace"......then what happens when Sanji's cigarette becomes a lollipop with smoke coming out the end?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]We should start a 4KIDS One Piece discussion thread!

goofy_man
November 16, 2006, 12:09 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]We should start a 4KIDS One Piece discussion thread!

Only problem with that is such a thread is a homing beacon for flames (I know I have some for 4KidsCrap)......so, might not be a good idea.....

venicia777
November 16, 2006, 12:23 AM
Wow!! there are comments going on here- now!!

this is incredible. i guess when GK stopped i havent being in the comments section again.
Good job by the way.

white silver
November 16, 2006, 02:39 AM
Wow!! there are comments going on here- now!!

this is incredible. i guess when GK stopped i havent being in the comments section again.
Good job by the way.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Ohh, an OP comment fan!