PDA

View Full Version : Question Will Vivi and Carue come back?

Fox666
February 15, 2010, 11:12 AM
Vivi and Carue are honorable members of the Strawhats, and they have been features in several cover pages.

Currently the Strawhats have split. An Robin is in East Blue. And if you think it's possible from them reunite again, it's possible for Vivi and Carue too.

A lot of people believe Brook fit the last position of the crew, and it is now complete. Vivi and Carue would complete the 10 crewmates.

Last, if you create a parallel between Strawhats and Blackbeard pirates, you would have a Carue x Stronger. :p

By the way, Vivi also has her own Jolly Roger (from Igaram nightmare):

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/6/6d/Vivipirate2nd.png

yoshikamaru
February 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
I dunno. As much as I love Vivi, I think there's a little chance the SH crew will meet her and Carew soon.

Vivi's already pledged her life for Alabasta as a princess/queen. She wants to rebuild and lead her country, so it would be awkward, even stupid, if suddenly she changes her mind to rejoin the SH crew, heck I'm sure Luffy will hit her again if she do that :tem

But, since this current arc is likely comes to an end, I'm pretty sure Vivi and Carew will appear again, just like post-Enies Lobby, a one or two dedicated pages commenting about what happened at the marine HQ.

And yes, I always count both of them as part of the 10 men crew ;)

bittman
February 15, 2010, 05:46 PM
I also count them as part of the Strawhat's, but since I don't believe in the 10 man bullshit I don't see it as a sign that there's no more, or that they don't count and there will be two more.

The fact they both appear in cover pages on their own indicates Oda counts them as Strawhat's, temporarily at least, and will forever do so.

I don't expect she'll join again, but I could be surprised. I honestly wouldn't mind Luffy meeting them again (like while she's on her way to some big WG meeting or something).

DARK
February 15, 2010, 05:56 PM
Vivi and Carue will probably have a few more cameo appearances throughout the series, but I don't think that they will ever be full-fledged Straw Hats.
As the princess of Alabasta, Vivi has other duties to tend to. Her position has too much influence and she cannot afford going out on pirating adventures. Vivi only joined the Straw Hats to begin with because she had to go back to her kingdom.

kkck
February 15, 2010, 09:20 PM
I don't think she will ever go back to being a strawhat. She has her own duties as a princess and future queen which I doubt she will put behind. It is kinda like boa joining the strawhats, simply not gonna happen due to the duty she has to her people. She would also not bring a thing to the crew. She has no skills whatsoever and her fighting skills are deplorable (specially by current and future standards the strawhats will have to meet soon enough)

Poneglyph420
February 16, 2010, 01:05 AM
At this point it seems like Vivi and Carue are really more like "honorary members".
They could show up but would have to have developed miraculously IMO.
It would really be great to see what's going on with them and back in Arabasta. And since were naturally not going to see any of the other main characters there.. (Hmm.)

It seems like a long shot but so have so many other things up to this point..

No matter what I'm loving the covers!

deffkryz
February 18, 2010, 08:40 AM
Unless Chopper and Robin don't have their "5th" and "6th" chapters, there's always the possibility that they may have a comeback even as major crew members.

I personally doubt that they'll ever meet the Strawhats within the next (of our real life) years though since they have some obligation to the World Government on which the Strawhats declared war back in Enies Lobby. So unless Arabasta is being abandoned by the World Government, there's no way for them.

chess4
February 18, 2010, 10:40 AM
as far as them joining the strawhats again i dont think they will, but im sure they will meet the hats again. the strawhats have been gaining allies on their journey. there willbe another great war in one piece at the end, and it will be for the title of pirate king. vivi nor carue has nothing to add to the hats. the strawhats have grown so much since alabasta.

Bugzee
February 18, 2010, 11:09 AM
Tbh...I'm actually glad that Vivi didn't join the SH's permanently :darn. I liked Carue a lot though! :amuse

We'll probably see them return in the future to aid the SH's in some way. :)

modoki
February 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
i hate to be harsh but they are pretty useless. Probably in the end of one piece

msg
February 19, 2010, 12:18 AM
Vivi...pfft!!.That loud mouth annoying forehead girl.She's like sakura, fun but useless...hmm useless is not the word, more like annoying.Hope Oda wouldn't reintroduce her back to SH...that would be super lame imo.

Ratatosk
June 12, 2010, 11:47 AM
She might turn up whenever Dragon makes his move (as Alabaster is presumably part of the World Government)..
The alabaster storyline was great, but princessy characters get annoying if you see them too often.

I forgot Robin (and therefore the Revolutionaries, and that strange bridge-between-islands government project, although Im not sure how much of that was anime-only) was in East Blue though, could be interesting..

Uriel
June 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
Alabasta wasn't on Grand Line? >_>

Gats
June 14, 2010, 09:25 AM
I don't think Vivi will come back but the whole argument "she has a kingdom so she can't join" as a manga rule doesn't work. Same with Boa. We all know that Vivi hesitated hard before making her decision.

Besides, we have a counter example : Ivan. The queen of Okama, who is supposed to rule his own island, followed (and will probably follow again) Dragon for many years until Impel Down.

sindergi
June 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
I thinks that we will see Vivi at the end of the manga - maybe oda pulls a DBZ and in the final fight every ally of the SHs will join the fight against the WG. In ViviĀ“s case she will support the SH with the army of Alabasta in the end.....or maybe we will never see her again.....who knows - probably not even Oda :D

Jorge D. Dragon
July 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
I don't think they will reunite with the StrawHats. They will remain as honorable members and not only because the upcoming New World is too dangerous for them, but especially because Vivi has responsibilities as a princess.
So they will be shown sometimes like in the last chapter to express their reaction to something about Luffy and his crew.

Ero-Sanji
July 22, 2010, 10:13 AM
In the chapter were Brooke joined he was marked as the 8th and Franky as the 7th meaning that Vivi isn't one of them. As much as I dislike it it's the sad truth. The same reason Vivi can't follow is the same as Hancock.

Lyn685
July 22, 2010, 01:03 PM
Maybe she will be active in politics, and tries to change the ways of the world-government.
King Cobra could join the Revolutionaries like Ivankov did, so Vivi could play an important role in the story again, just more in the political section.

chess4
July 22, 2010, 01:45 PM
I don't see them coming back until later. I'm sure they will get their cameo's here and there but they will not play a role until later when the strawhats need back up soldiers

tothx
July 22, 2010, 04:35 PM
Nah, doubt it. But there will definitely be a Dragon arc, maybe even next year. And undoubtably Vivi will atleast be shown there.

frontaLobotomy
July 22, 2010, 05:27 PM
When the time comes for whatever needs to be revealed to the world in Raftel (namely the events of the Void Century), the Straw Hat Pirates can count as Alabasta, and by extension Vivi & Carue, as an ally when they seek to let the world know what happened. Until then it will just be their reaction to the crew's outrageous antics.

Poneglyph420
July 22, 2010, 05:29 PM
I think that Vivi will continue to have a role to play in the story.. but only as a minor supporting character. While Luffy is "on the rise" I doubt we will see more than a few reaction shots here or there.. Maybe if there is danger in Arabasta we could see a reunion.

I personally see after the SH "conquer" the GL Luffy returning to all of his friends and allies.. helping ensure the age after the WG is one of peace..

So maybe they come back much much later...

PaPiPuPePo~
July 26, 2010, 05:15 PM
i hope not they're really are useless iam not a big fan of vivi :( i love every character in op even akainu xD but vivi i dont like her so much she is a little annoying D: and she would not fit in luffys crew ):
luffy->stupid
zoro-> no sense of direction
usopp->Liar
Sanji->loves womans pervert
Nami-> money mad
Chopper->naive and a little strange xD
Robin-> no emotion XDi love her omg
franky-> Hentai weirdo
Brook-> pervert and a skeleton with a afro o.o
everyone of them have something you cant hate them or get annoyed of them
so i hope she wont come back
she is a better person if she is a princess not a pirate :D

Aikidoka
August 01, 2010, 05:39 AM
I see them as the same way I see Rayleigh, Jimbei, and Hancock to the SHs -- allies, but not crewmates. Vivi would be more useful to the SHs working on the WG from the inside...after all, if/once the RA topples the WG, somebody's going to have to help pick up the pieces, and it's not like the new government can be only Revolutionaries.

I foresee Vivi playing some crucial backseat role in the future, but joining the crew would detract from the use she has to the SHs and the story as a whole.

Spenzi
November 26, 2013, 09:05 AM
Nice Thread dude!

I strongly believe that Vivi is somewhere in the new world on a random island or she's sailing to search them (stalking).
Because she said when she left: If we're going to see us again, are we then friends again? Can we then sail again like we did before?

Oda gave us that hint for a reason.

If that's not the case, then damn you JESUS. Maybe then the strawhats are going back to Alabasta after Luffy is the new Pirate King.

Spenzi
January 03, 2014, 10:54 AM
i hope not they're really are useless iam not a big fan of vivi :( i love every character in op even akainu xD but vivi i dont like her so much she is a little annoying D: and she would not fit in luffys crew ):
luffy->stupid
zoro-> no sense of direction
usopp->Liar
Sanji->loves womans pervert
Nami-> money mad
Chopper->naive and a little strange xD
Robin-> no emotion XDi love her omg
franky-> Hentai weirdo
Brook-> pervert and a skeleton with a afro o.o
everyone of them have something you cant hate them or get annoyed of them
so i hope she wont come back
she is a better person if she is a princess not a pirate :D

Vivi --> Brave Princess/Pirate
she is already a nakama.

kkck
January 03, 2014, 11:36 AM
Thinking about it I think the fishman island arc and perhaps the recent dressrosa events will set the stage for her to actually be relevant in the manga again along with her probably meeting with the strawhats at least once more. As we saw earlier during the fishman arc there is an imminent reverie coming up. If we consider what is going on right now in dressrosa things are going to get quite shaken too. Doflamingo being a tenryubito and perhaps the reinstatement of the riku dinasty are all the more reason for the reverie to be relevant on many fronts, not just for fishmen. Vivi was at a reverie as a young girl, it makes all the more sense for her to be there now than then. Its all a matter of the strawhats for whatever reason being wherever the reverie is supposed to take place.

Spenzi
January 03, 2014, 09:23 PM
Thinking about it I think the fishman island arc and perhaps the recent dressrosa events will set the stage for her to actually be relevant in the manga again along with her probably meeting with the strawhats at least once more. As we saw earlier during the fishman arc there is an imminent reverie coming up. If we consider what is going on right now in dressrosa things are going to get quite shaken too. Doflamingo being a tenryubito and perhaps the reinstatement of the riku dinasty are all the more reason for the reverie to be relevant on many fronts, not just for fishmen. Vivi was at a reverie as a young girl, it makes all the more sense for her to be there now than then. Its all a matter of the strawhats for whatever reason being wherever the reverie is supposed to take place.

Wooh nice theory. Yeah we get to know more and more kingdoms ans princess and kings etc. And if Vivi ever meets the strawhats again she will definetly join them as she promised/asked some time ago when she said she wouldnt come right now with them.

kkck
January 03, 2014, 11:49 PM
Wooh nice theory. Yeah we get to know more and more kingdoms ans princess and kings etc. And if Vivi ever meets the strawhats again she will definetly join them as she promised/asked some time ago when she said she wouldnt come right now with them.

I didn't say she'd join, just that she would meet them again. Joining is not an option for her, doing so would be harmful to her country. Specially within the context of my theory.... Can you imagine her assisting a reverie and then joining the strawhats? I mean, her joining the strawhats with the world nobles, other kings and marines being there? It can't happen, at least not like that. I doubt vivi could hide her identity, with the WG's magical intelligence gathering abilities she would be spotted on a second. Vivi did not join the strawhats to commit to a specific duty to her country, she is not giving that up. The time to join was 2 years ago when she was young, her nation almost destroyed and the strawhats were at large unknown.

BASED Shinigami
January 06, 2014, 04:04 PM
Definitely. However, I believe Vivi make a reappearance at the end of the story. Luffy might call for a big gathering to celebrate finally becoming pirate king. Additionally, maybe the Straw Hats will start a large scale war with one of the Yonko, so they end up requesting her help considering the fact she has partial control over a large kingdom with vast resources.

Spenzi
January 07, 2014, 03:56 AM
I didn't say she'd join, just that she would meet them again. Joining is not an option for her, doing so would be harmful to her country. Specially within the context of my theory.... Can you imagine her assisting a reverie and then joining the strawhats? I mean, her joining the strawhats with the world nobles, other kings and marines being there? It can't happen, at least not like that. I doubt vivi could hide her identity, with the WG's magical intelligence gathering abilities she would be spotted on a second. Vivi did not join the strawhats to commit to a specific duty to her country, she is not giving that up. The time to join was 2 years ago when she was young, her nation almost destroyed and the strawhats were at large unknown.

Yeah I do agree it's kinda hard to get her in the crew but I mean King Cobra is still alive and he could or is ruling the kindgom I still don't know why the hell she stayed back. And she asked them if they'll ever meet again then she wants to travel/sail with them like before. And I guess she really wants to! So does Luffy. Maybe they kind of take her from the Reverie back to Alabasta on their own ship. and she'll stay again some arcs. But for one is sure, they'll meet her again and that will be a big thing!