PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 576 Discussion / 577 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Akainu
February 17, 2010, 10:15 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58176) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

Also One Piece will be taking a break next week (issue 13 of WSJ) so please be patient and insead of asking for spoilers, why don't you participate in the One Piece art contest (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57492)? http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

The week has passed and we await a new chapter, the above is still true for the most part though http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/images/smilies/amuse.gif

The RAW is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/576)!

The Closet Pervert
March 02, 2010, 11:51 PM
Whitebeaaaaaaaard :sad

But whoa, dead standing on his feet? And Whitebeards last words: "One Piece really does exist"..

..man, this chapter is epic beyond belief. That one weeks break really was worth it.

johnnyb7
March 02, 2010, 11:53 PM
damn! i hope we may still get to see a flashback with whitebeard and roger, but i guess not since he dies here

d3death
March 02, 2010, 11:54 PM
Whitebeaaaaaaaard :sad

But whoa, dead standing on his feet? And Whitebeards last words: "One Piece really does exist"..

..man, this chapter is epic beyond belief. That one weeks break really was worth it.

those are black beard's word i think...

but seriously

Even in death, Whitebeard's body never caves in.
Even with half of his head gone, he still destroys his enemies.
His statue could only be described as a "monster".

johnnyb7
March 02, 2010, 11:54 PM
My guess is that next chapter is going to be a flash-forward to either Ace being buried at sea or to the other strawhats.

NoLimit89
March 02, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hehe, hero dies standing up. I see it done magnificently in so many wuxia series and novels and I still love it.

Kaizoku-O Luffy
March 02, 2010, 11:59 PM
At last the New Age begins. I believe it is a spectacular ending which shows the life he lived and the legend he is. Farewell whitebeard you will be remembered forever.

d3death
March 02, 2010, 11:59 PM
a little info on future spoilers

Guys, we finally have a fake Apprentice with the same phone model.
Thankfully his imitation was so terrible, I judged it fake and not post it here.

But it may be only a matter of time before someone who can imitate Apprentice well AND have the same phone model shows up.
However, the host of the mobile forum also detected this fake and deleted his post within minutes.
If the host knows the address of the phone Apprentice posts from, maybe he can keep it under control.

Hopefully the real Apprentice will continue to show up again from next week and on.
(and no, he never showed up this week)

Poneglyph420
March 03, 2010, 12:00 AM
WOW!!! I'm simply humbled in utter respect of both Whitebeard and Oda at this moment. While we have but 7 pages of the chapter.. It seems that this is the end of the age of Whitebeard. Absolutely BB got his crew by offering them a chance to bring down WB...

I really hope that we can see more of the BB pirates n this chapter....

RIP Pops, More than a Monster.. a Legend..
:scry:scry:scry

tobeulp
March 03, 2010, 12:08 AM
WB is like Roger when he Died.... He also encourage the pirates to look for the One Piece.... Props to BB not going to the WG side he is still a Pirate at heart even with all the BS he have done he still have my respect....
This arc is the best in all the manga I have red this arc truly makes One Piece the best manga created...

shakildwz
March 03, 2010, 12:08 AM
RIP WB

Never seen anyone die standing up before... shit's raw, very deserving end for someone as indestructible as WB.

Will be interesting to see where the story goes on from here.

kkck
March 03, 2010, 12:11 AM
So do the WB pirates finally escape? That was the impression I got. Wonder how BB will escape the marines though. They did take out WB but I don't think the WG will allow them to just escape. I guess they probably can just break through considering a few of them are bound to be capable of taking admirals or shichibukai though.

johnnyb7
March 03, 2010, 12:16 AM
Awesome chapter, insane death for Whitebeard. I'm guessing the next chapter will be one of three things.

1) The pirates will escape and they will show the burial of Ace, while Luffy is unconscious
2) Oda will show what happens to the other strawhats
3) Blackbeard will fight the WG

ironmonkey
March 03, 2010, 12:16 AM
I was totally against the idea of BB killing WB... but seeing this spoiler made me change my mind. This kind of execution is just perfect: it's in the style of one piece and the style of BB TOTALLY CRUEL, LAWLESS AND WITHOUT DIGNITY(for BB) LOVE IT
I so badly want to see the rest of the chapter since it seems that BB took some blow ^.^

kkck
March 03, 2010, 12:18 AM
It sucks for the marines since they never really got WB. What's more, the world saw BB take WB. The marines were basically made fools of. I guess the death of WB and ace was victory enough for them to some extent.

Duzy
March 03, 2010, 12:24 AM
WB had such smooth features when he as young, he's like a puppy. Add a hooked nose, scythe-like moustache and eyes of a murderer, and you have a biggest mafia boss in OP world.

All these numbers representing the damage WB received leads me to think Luffy will have to match or surpass all that at the end of the manga. Honestly, it was much easier to match Roger's end :blink.

Truefan21
March 03, 2010, 12:24 AM
Unbelievable WB died while still standing this has got to be the most epic death in manga history.

Dr. Vegapunk
March 03, 2010, 12:25 AM
Not a single sign of injury on his back that showed he turned his back on his enemies........epic sauce!!!

Although the whole standing unconscious or dying has been done so many times, WB makes it look badass, with the sun on his back and everything.

7 pages??? Theres gotta be more then that. Guess Im going to wait another day.

johnnyb7
March 03, 2010, 12:30 AM
It sucks for the marines since they never really got WB. What's more, the world saw BB take WB. The marines were basically made fools of. I guess the death of WB and ace was victory enough for them to some extent.

After this arc the marines are gonna go crazy. They may have taken out Ace and Whitebeard but Luffy is still out there, Blackbeard is really big named now. I just can't wait until the strawhats get back together for fishman island.

bittman
March 03, 2010, 12:33 AM
Whitebeard. The man. The legend. The statistic.

Question: Is Akainu canon fire? And is Kizaru bullet wounds? What about that heart attack?

RichardMNixon
March 03, 2010, 12:33 AM
Not a single sign of injury on his back that showed he turned his back on his enemies........epic sauce!!!

That is hardcore.

I think Oda was also trying to imitate Edward Teach's (the real Blackbeard's) crazy death statistics. They counted for him too: he was supposedly shot five times, cut twenty times, and didn't die until he was decapitated.

Also looking forward to seeing some of the BB pirates in action. Looks like Doc Q has a scythe? Is that what he's been carrying on his back? Some kind of folding blade?

Also interesting that so many of them use guns. I feel like on some level they're supposed to be the crew most representative of pirates in our world.

c0nflikt
March 03, 2010, 12:37 AM
Wb just showed me how to be a real man, I think next chapter will be one of those people who know the straw hats reaction chapters? or thats what i'm hoping for.

Omnion_1990
March 03, 2010, 12:39 AM
those are black beard's word i think...

but seriously

No imo i think they are whitebeards words. hes been in rogers era. and i think he would say something to start the new era. blackbeard saying it exists wouldnt mean shiit because who is he compared to whitebeard?

LnDRash
March 03, 2010, 12:42 AM
Just imagine how fuckin epic his death will be in the anime with music and the whole stuff xD

chitgoks
March 03, 2010, 12:42 AM
wow. the whole BB crew attacked WB. not impressed

TauCarlos
March 03, 2010, 12:46 AM
BB's crew is ruthless and ugly to the core, but the man has definitely rocked the one-piece world, everyone was watching. They make Akainu look like mother Teresa with the way they just massacred Whitebeard

ascalon
March 03, 2010, 12:50 AM
wow. the whole BB crew attacked WB. not impressed

It makes sense, since everyone wants a piece of whitebeard, especially the prisoners, but I hate them for it. Nodignity to attack him one on one, they just come at him like a school of piranha. They are bad pirates to the core., as pirates truly should be. It actually makes blackbeard and his crew worthy of being the main antagonists of the manga. They are among the most evil on the "bad" side (pirates).

dmnt3d
March 03, 2010, 12:53 AM
Wow.. just Wow.
Props to Oda. The Most Epic Death Sequence I've read/ seen.

sigh.. T_T

Duzy
March 03, 2010, 12:54 AM
Also interesting that so many of them use guns. I feel like on some level they're supposed to be the crew most representative of pirates in our world.

On that matter, we have seen a female WB commander using a gun, another WB commander carrying someting like a roket launcher from Quake. You'd think that firearms in a battle of such scale would end up finishing even the strongest mofos by pure chance (as long as they're not logia or paramecia of some resisting material). And the relation of the size of firearms and its effectiveness is completely arbitrary :oh. Roger was seen carrying a lil' cutie pistol. I guess it's like with swords in shounens...

WB remaining in upright position even after his death is a true testament (no pun intended :p) to him being a true king.

chitgoks
March 03, 2010, 12:54 AM
So do the WB pirates finally escape? That was the impression I got. Wonder how BB will escape the marines though. They did take out WB but I don't think the WG will allow them to just escape. I guess they probably can just break through considering a few of them are bound to be capable of taking admirals or shichibukai though.

im thinking the WG will attack BB's crew rather than concentrate on the remaining WB's crew

Vetinari clone
March 03, 2010, 12:56 AM

Although the whole standing unconscious or dying has been done so many times, WB makes it look badass, with the sun on his back and everything.

Seriously? What have some of you people been reading? :blink

BB's crew is ruthless and ugly to the core, but the man has definitely rocked the one-piece world, everyone was watching. They make Akainu look like mother Teresa with the way they just massacred Whitebeard

And that is why I love them so much :p. I mean blackbeard has got absolutely no dignity or pride, I love that in a villain (or hero) it's so rare ya know?

he was smart to take out WB this way. Now I don't know if BB could take on WB in a fair fight but from what we have seen even in his completely bashed up state WB is crazy powerful. BB has to be able to escape from this battle, if he and his crew got wounded by WB that would become much harder.

What I don't get is why bother? WB was gonna die anyway, why bother killing him? Was because this means BB's name will be known worldwide? or what? Any one?

hdiuy
March 03, 2010, 01:00 AM
I think BB probably promised the other pirates that they would have a shot at killing WB, which is why BB didn't use his normal style of attacking and didn't go solo against WB. Or maybe BB did but it wasn't in the spoilers

bittman
March 03, 2010, 01:01 AM
On that matter, we have seen a female WB commander using a gun, another WB commander carrying someting like a roket launcher from Quake. You'd think that firearms in a battle of such scale would end up finishing even the strongest mofos by pure chance (as long as they're not logia or paramecia of some resisting material). And the relation of the size of firearms and its effectiveness is completely arbitrary :oh. Roger was seen carrying a lil' cutie pistol. I guess it's like with swords in shounens...

Yeah, guns are basically the common tool in this era. Remember even once Sanji pointed a gun at Robin in her introduction. Pointing his foot wouldn't have been as impressive.

Most likely Oda just got them to all do some generic attacks. I mean, Blackbeard and Burgess fist and throw most people, but it wouldn't look as epic if one of them is grabbing Whitebeard's shoulder to flip him whilst the other 7 are stabbing him already.

EDIT: Oh and I see Blackbeard bleeding with his usual angry face. This makes me happy. Can always bring to the debate that what, ultimately, killed Whitebeard was not in fact any of the wounds he received, but his old age. Thus making him more epic in the eyes of otaku fanboys everywhere.

Igniel
March 03, 2010, 01:01 AM
Seriously? What have some of you people been reading? :blink

And that is why I love them so much :p. I mean blackbeard has got absolutely no dignity or pride, I love that in a villain (or hero) it's so rare ya know?

he was smart to take out WB this way. Now I don't know if BB could take on WB in a fair fight but from what we have seen even in his completely bashed up state WB is crazy powerful. BB has to be able to escape from this battle, if he and his crew got wounded by WB that would become much harder.

What I don't get is why bother? WB was gonna die anyway, why bother killing him? Was it because this means BB's name will be known worldwide? or what? Any one?

With Luffy's sense of pride it may be a reason for Luffy to go after Teach since WB gave Luffy assistance and whatnot in saving Ace. Though, I see Luffy dealing with the death of Ace for the foreseeable future not to mention the fact his crew is still scattered.

KaoruArimi
March 03, 2010, 01:03 AM
I don't think they rocked it that much. I mean they remind me of buggy who comes in at the last moment to take the credit. WB was going to die anyway. I think BB was way too full of themselves. But I guess that's how bad guys are...

I'd like BB to do me a huge favor and kill Akainu too. That'd be just perfect. He really is a dog.

I predict that when all is said and done the strawhats will be lead to fishmen island by Jimbei. And since WB is dead Fishmen island will be in HUGE trouble. They will have a life and death battle in fishmen island and there they will find their next Nakama. Would be nice to have someone as powerful as Jimbei or potential to be as powerful as Jimbei. Oda can be really creative as to how wierd looking the new Nakama will be. Looks like Marco will lead the WB pirates from here on. He's laidback and powerful and intimidating. Luffy has found himself a great Ally. Luffy won't be back at Amazon Lily just because the island can't be afilliated with an enemy otherwise they risk loosing their Shichibukai protection status. I think the strawhats will have to meet Luffy in Fishmen Island. It's too dangerous for him to step foot on SA.

TauCarlos
March 03, 2010, 01:07 AM
What I don't get is why bother? WB was gonna die anyway, why bother killing him? Was it because this means BB's name will be known worldwide? or what? Any one?[/QUOTE]

That's what stumped me aswell it would be more reasonable for him to wait while the marines and Whitebeard kill each other some more and then kill whoever is left standing. But after what we've read about so many people looking to take Whitebeards head I think he wanted to take that for himself, everyone will now know him as the man that killed Whitebeard, just imagine the fear people in the one-piece world would have of him after seeing that.

Problem is now he has sengoku and garp as well as the other dangerous marines to deal with, and cause Whitebeard didn't get the chance to weaken them a little more BB is going to be having a rough time getting out of there alive

Kaos-Sensei
March 03, 2010, 01:13 AM
R.I.P. whitebeard truly an epic chap in an epic manga Oda is the best

Wale
March 03, 2010, 01:17 AM
Wait a moment.. there's not a single wound on his back? And what's with the sword of Squardo?

2franz6
March 03, 2010, 01:21 AM
Verification : confirmed
Source : 2ch / Ap
Credits: Steven D. Teach / Aohige_AP

Capítulo 576: El gran pirata Edward Newgate.

Comandante de Barbablanca: ¡¡¡¡Padre!!!!

Barbanegra: ¡Zehahahaha! ¡Adelante, muchachos! ¡¡Dispárenle y llénenlo de agujeros!!
¿Barbablanca o Barbanegra?: ¡¡One Piece... existe en realidad!!!
Sengoku: ¡¡¡....!!! ¡¡¡¡¡Como se atreven...!!!!!
Barbanegra: ¡¡Zehahahahahaha!!
Barbablanca: Perdónenme hijos... Voy a dejarlos atrás como un tonto.... Este es el final del camino para mí... Me dieron todo muchachos.

Barbablanca flashback
Pirata: ¿Un pirata que no tiene ningún interés en los tesoros? No tiene sentido ¿Qué es lo que quieres exactamente? Oye, ¡¡Newgate!!
Joven Newgate (Brabablanca): Hay una cosa que siempre he querido, desde que era un niño...
Pirata: oh, entonces ¡Si quieres algo!! ¡Dinos!
Newgate: ..... una familia.
Pirata: ¿Qué demonios? ¡¡¡Gyahahahaha!!!

Barbablanca: ¡Tienen mi gratitud.... adiós, hijos...!!

Vasco: ¿hm?
Barbanera: ¡Est.... Está muerto!! ¡¡Y aún se mantiene de pie!!
Comandante de Barbablanca: ¡¡¡Padre....!!!

Narrador: ¡¡"Barbablanca" está muerto!!

Incluso muerto, el cuerpo de Barbablanca nunca se rinde.
Incluso con la mitad de la cabeza cortada, aún destruye a sus enemigos.
Su estatua solo podría ser descrita como la de un monstruo.

El número de heridas de espadas que recibió en esta batalla... 267 cortaduras.
El número de heridas de disparos que recibió en esta batalla... 152 disparos.
El número de cañonazos que recibió en esta batalla... 46.

Sin embargo todo lo que pueden ver es orgullo en su espalda... o podríamos decir, su vida como pirata...

No se ve ni una sola herida hecha durante la huída!!!

Lo siento si tuve algún error en la traducción... No logré revisarla :amuse

Duzy
March 03, 2010, 01:24 AM
Wait a moment.. there's not a single wound on his back? And what's with the sword of Squardo?

There are two big exit wounds on his back and a tip of a sword coming out. And some ardent guard of his back must have wiped all of the blood :p.

EDIT: I must be blind, there are 2 swords coming out of his back, the wound Sqardo inflicted is masked by a tattoo (symbolism anyone ?), and so the ardent follower still at work :p.

By the way, have you noticed that last time we saw WB, he looked like he lost half of his face, now he looks as if he lost 1/3 of his frickin brain. Maybe some BB "hero" carved in (I know the words and imagery are harsh, but it's not me who drew it).

Seriously? What have some of you people been reading?

Shounen basically. I can't recall any manga where a guy dies and is still standing (though mecha still kinda apply) but quite a few mangas where a guy is unconscious, just standing there like a statue (Ippo, Ranma) and after seeing WB now I can honestly say it gives off the similar vibe.

Ero-Sanji
March 03, 2010, 01:27 AM
Guys he didn't receive a wound from his back, yes Squardo's sword impaled him deap but still he wasn't attacked from the back hence the the sentence he never fled in his entire life.

WB death is more sad than Ace's in my opinion. I mean the whole I don't want a treasure thing is just mad, he was called a loser though he never even tried to fight Roger. Just Sad!:o

WB truly were the strongest man in the world, no doubt!

ocajavati
March 03, 2010, 01:28 AM
Well, even though it's not shown, we can suppose WB did strike back

That or BB just started spewing blood spontaneously.

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 01:29 AM
Brilliant chapter!

I knew BB & co would give WB the last fatal blow(s). I wonder what bloody Sengoku will do now....?!

All WB wanted was family! :crying

DaoneLuffy
March 03, 2010, 01:39 AM
Black Beard was smart to be the one to kill Whitebeard, especially with everyone watching. He will be renown wherever he goes from now on. Weaker pirates won't want a piece of him or his crew, islands would just give up when he docks in, genius I say. When he hits the new world most pirates will think twice to mess with him, besides he was in the new world before so he knows the area very well. Smart to get pirates who already are at a high level and none that needs training, props to him.

neuaelr
March 03, 2010, 01:48 AM
This definetly makes for a great ending to this particular arc. I can't see it continuing further now. Whitebeard, truly a great pirate.

Black Mirror
March 03, 2010, 01:53 AM
Damn, this "i always wanted a family" is so emotional. RIP WB, he is a real human. Damn, Oda made him so epic in the last moment, never thought that WB would be such an awesome character.

Oda is a genius~

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 01:57 AM
That ending is just so powerful and epic at the same time! WB's last stance will be remembered forever! :shakefist

:eek
The number of sword wound he recieved in this battle... 267 slashes.
The number of gun shot wound he recieved in this battle... 152 shots.
The number of cannon blast he recieved in this battle... 46. :eek

:faint

Damn! That's what you call one hell of a pirate/human/monster lol!

tharkun
March 03, 2010, 01:57 AM
What will blackbeard do after whitebeard's death? Its unthinkable that he would get away with making a mess out of impel downs. We are not given the details of their escape from the prison. Maybe blackbeard pirates will fight against the marines, who are not in a good shape to fight. Or maybe a shichibukai vs blackbeard pirates? Croc must feel extremely pissed off at blackbeard for dealing the last blow to whitebeard. Blackbeard might just retreat like a coward that he is. Hope Luffy is alright though.

pugodolz
March 03, 2010, 01:59 AM
splendid ending for the old age and maybe for the current arc.. kudo's to Oda..

BB really is something to add those people to his crew. if i'm not mistaken Iva mentioned some names about level 6 prisoners (chapter 538) pertaining to a woman (catarina devon), a drinker (busco shot) and another guy Iva described as colossal battleship (san juan volf).. is it safe to say that those three might be one of those 5 people added to BB's crew?

my first post. :)

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 02:00 AM
BB will officially become a Yonkou very soon imo. He'll probably attack the marines as well. I can't see him just leave Marineford without doing anything to the marines now. Unless, Sengoku is p**sing himself atm and leaves BB to do as he pleases :smile-big.......

Katz
March 03, 2010, 02:10 AM
Well with WB going out in the epic fashion he did.....I could it weird that BB shot him with a regular bullet...but I guess he carried pistols for a reason, a yonkou slot is now open, and BB having a full crew, some seemingly quite powerful, looks like that slot will become his...one step closer to him being Pirate king, even further foreshadowing the epic battle between BB and Luffy.

BigCamaro
March 03, 2010, 02:28 AM
BB will officially become a Yonkou very soon imo. He'll probably attack the marines as well. I can't see him just leave Marineford without doing anything to the marines now. Unless, Sengoku is p**sing himself atm and leaves BB to do as he pleases :smile-big.......

yeah he'll probably take WBs place as yonkou to maintain the balance of power. I dunno if croc left or not, but they could give him back his old post as well. As for Jinbei's old post, maybe one of the Supernova Kizaru captured will be asked to fill it (he caught someone right?). Then again with Kuma's conversion to Pacifista complete, and there being so many more of them, the WG may no longer find the Schibukai as useful.

gotdott
March 03, 2010, 02:33 AM
I feel like this was the best way for Whitebeard to go, but I wonder if Oda is a fan of Jackie Chan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRXZmpcisDE

^ just pretend he's Whitebeard, the horse is Ace, and the green general is Sengoku making faces or maybe he could be Blackbeard :D

epic music and soldiers backing away from his standing/propped up corpse at 4:54

roguehavoc
March 03, 2010, 02:34 AM
Finally WB got an ending he deserved :thumbs
Now rest of WB pirates will most likely take Luffy and escape:worrybunny
But Marines glory is gone as they wanted to take WB head and so obviously
if Garp fights now, OP is bound for becomming more epic than ever:beer

hasu13
March 03, 2010, 02:34 AM
It's a very tactical move for BB to make his move now. If the cameras were now broadcasting, the site the world would see is BB and crew taking the final strike. The man may be lowdown and dirty, but he's a smart one, for sure. I agree with the thought that there is a sufficient bad guy for Luffy and crew to build up to. With the match ups even so far ( 9 to 9), it looks like a clear and inevitable event for the two crews to meet up.

HikaruYami
March 03, 2010, 02:35 AM
splendid ending for the old age and maybe for the current arc.. kudo's to Oda..

BB really is something to add those people to his crew. if i'm not mistaken Iva mentioned some names about level 6 prisoners (chapter 538) pertaining to a woman (catarina devon), a drinker (busco shot) and another guy Iva described as colossal battleship (san juan volf).. is it safe to say that those three might be one of those 5 people added to BB's crew?

my first post. :)

Uhm, were you not here for two weeks ago? It's already confirmed that those three are part of his crew.

ANYWAY, as for this week! I really like how Whitebeard took the route of the truly legendary warrior; his death has been likened to the fall of the great warrior Saito Musashibo Benkei, the legendary enormous human warrior who died while still standing after taking countless wounds.

ceasar
March 03, 2010, 02:43 AM
Yeah he has to become a yonkou he has the most powerful crew right now has killed the great whitebeard albeit after several other people banged him up considerably. He effectively killed Ace and Whitebeard and dismantled his crew I cannot see how he isn't powerful enough to be considered a yonkou.

The Closet Pervert
March 03, 2010, 02:46 AM
Yonkou are pretty much pirate emperors. They have huge crews, Blackbeard does not. Whatever BB is, he is NOT Yonkou.

Unless you already forgot, Aikanu did most of the work for BB and his crew :) Marines killed Whiebeard, not BB! In my books at least. It's a sacrilege that people may think otherwise :(

SharpKnives
March 03, 2010, 02:48 AM
Makes you wonder how epic dragon is or how epic Luffy will be. Better yet how was the pirate king gol d. roger like in his past.
[hr]
And with this BB will forever be on Luffy's Shit list.

Shiro-kun
March 03, 2010, 02:52 AM
The Whitebeard pirates lost so much in this battle its sad :(.

^Blackbeard and Akainu :\

Ero-Sanji
March 03, 2010, 02:52 AM
BB a future Yonkou?
Maybe...

BB's crew is strong, yes, but also very small.
And the Yonkou's have influential power as well. Aw well who knows perhaps the fame or infamous acts of his is enough to be considered a Yonkou. I mean not only did he capture Ace, he double crossed the marines, almost certainly destroyed if not crippled ID and on top of that he rescued/freed 3(4) of the prisoners, the mightiest and most feared to be honest. And now he is the man who finished the strongest man in the world.

Shiro-kun
March 03, 2010, 02:57 AM
The world is going in huge unbalance

The Shichibukai having several defected members
The Marines having massive casualties
The Yonkou loses a member faction

In the world of unbalance why in hell would Yonkou be the Yonkou?

superman97
March 03, 2010, 02:59 AM
This chapter makes me think the whitebeard pirates are going to join Shanks. If Whitebeard just died they would probably do their own thing, but with BB dealing the final blow and still being out there then the best chance at revenge is with Shanks.

Darkheart608608
March 03, 2010, 03:00 AM
omg, the capacity of WB is definitely out of BB's, Luffy's, and WG's league at the moment. One of the broadcast is still on too. His last words definitely have the same impact as Gold Roger's. WB's strength and WG's and BB's ill-will cannot be hide. WG's HQ, Akainu, and at least half of WG's force are gone. Talk about crazy capacity of WB here. It really makes me wonder how strong Gold Roger was and Luffy will be. RIR White Beard.

Injuis
March 03, 2010, 03:00 AM
I have to hand it to Oda. The last few chapters have actually left me a little depressed about the story. The good guys pretty much lost completely here. RIP: Whitebeard, ACE :(, and Bon Clay (?)

Immo
March 03, 2010, 03:07 AM
Last picture with dead WB still standing is probably most epic picture in manga history

Yami_Yami_No_Mi_89
March 03, 2010, 03:07 AM
it's clear that the guy with the coat has drills... his chances of being the man who made level 5.5 in impel down are so big XD whitebeard was so awesome and he needed a glorious death... bb what a filthy b****rd he is XD he's awesome as well assembling such a strong crew, i hope we'll get soon more info of those characters but i'm almost sure oda's not showing anything for now... they just killed whitebeard with swords and guns XD farewell ace and blackbeard... this is sad

bittman
March 03, 2010, 03:12 AM
Hey guys, important question (though this will be buried in the swamp of spoiler fevered fans):

Do you honestly think Whitebeard knows whether One Piece exists or not? Or do you think Whitebeard is simply attempting to fuel the legacy of his greatest rival by reaffirming the future pirate's belief that there is really a great treasure out there?

Also begs the question how Sengoku saw it. "How dare you" to me indicates the second option, and that Sengoku is pissed that Whitebeard continues to fuel the pirate era with his last words before his death echoing those of the Pirate King before him.

Everyone else notice that Blackbeard is bleeding a lot? Glad WB at least schooled him a little before going down.

If the WB pirates are shown to have finished boarding near the end of the chapter, next chapter should just be a wrap up. If the WB pirates still look nowhere near finished boarding...

...well it's not over yet. Wonder if Oda has anything in store for us in this war besides a wrap up?

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 03:18 AM
yeah he'll probably take WBs place as yonkou to maintain the balance of power. I dunno if croc left or not, but they could give him back his old post as well. As for Jinbei's old post, maybe one of the Supernova Kizaru captured will be asked to fill it (he caught someone right?). Then again with Kuma's conversion to Pacifista complete, and there being so many more of them, the WG may no longer find the Schibukai as useful.

I'm not too sure about Croc's whereabouts lol. I didn't see him board the ship. Neither did Buggy... ;)

Yep, Kizaru caught a hell of a lot of pirates back at SA. I don't think Jinbei is interested in regaining his shichibukai status. A supernova for a shichibukai? Hmm maybe in the near future, I think it's too soon for one of them to gain such status. From what we've seen so far from the supernova's; I would say Law, Kidd or Capone have the best chances of becoming a Shichibukai in the future that is. :)

Yes. The PX's are more useful and loyal to the WG. They'll execute each mission/objective given to them. I don't think it's the complete end for the current warlords though. We'll have to see what happens in the next couple of chapters to determine their fates....:amuse

Finally WB got an ending he deserved :thumbs
Now rest of WB pirates will most likely take Luffy and escape:worrybunny
But Marines glory is gone as they wanted to take WB head and so obviously
if Garp fights now, OP is bound for becomming more epic than ever:beer

No doubt. :shakefist
Yep, the pirates have to get the hell off of Marineford asap lol. It's going to be interesting what type of action(s) Sengoku will take against BB. I hope Sengoku falls as well! I bet Akainu survived the fall damn it! :mad

I wouldn't mind seeing Garp fight against BB, but I don't think it'll happen. I feel that Garp & Luffy will meet up again in the near future. :)

Makes you wonder how epic dragon is or how epic Luffy will be. Better yet how was the pirate king gol d. roger like in his past.
<hr noshade size="1">
And with this BB will forever be on Luffy's Shit list.

Monkey D. Dragon! :nuts
We've barely seen him and I totally agree with you! It's going to be even more epic! :D

I can't imagine how Gold D. Roger must've been back in the day lol. I really want to see some of WB's fights against Roger asap!

This chapter makes me think the whitebeard pirates are going to join Shanks. If Whitebeard just died they would probably do their own thing, but with BB dealing the final blow and still being out there then the best chance at revenge is with Shanks.

It's a strong possibility. Maybe, Marco will take leadership or they'll unite/partner with Red Hair? I still think Shanks has a much smaller crew compared to WB or any of the other two Yonkou's (even though we haven't seen them lol.) We have to wait and see....:spaz

gesgift
March 03, 2010, 03:23 AM
The WB pirates look like they could be masacred by the remaining Marines. BB could hunt them too, but I don't see what he could gain by that. I still believe that everything BB does is to fulfill his dream, and that seems to become the PK.

hyperdog
March 03, 2010, 03:26 AM
I believe BB is trying to gain Yonkou status. He prb has this all planned from the beginning. We know he aims for One piece (so does Luffy) and the best likelihood is to become one of the Yonkous. Gaining the shichibukai status is just the first step.

Shiro-kun
March 03, 2010, 03:26 AM
Ironic Death?
He wanted a family , and he was killed by one of his "sons" :( sad ...

monkey D luffy
March 03, 2010, 03:34 AM
its gonna be dead people palooza? already 2 fatalities although we kinda saw the last one coming.

its so epic WB died standing up and whats more epic is the amount of hits he has taken yet his back is not even scratched. mega epic!

Immo
March 03, 2010, 03:37 AM
im gonna tattoo Wb sig on my back and im dead serious guys

Vetinari clone
March 03, 2010, 03:38 AM
Ironic Death?

Hadn't thought about it that way wow that does add a lot of force to it.

A lot of people mention the blood on BB, I just want to put it out there that that might be WB's blood, there was rather a lot of it flying around. The blood is probably BB's but it's not certain. I would kinda like that, the imagery of BB covered in WB's blood would be strong.

monkey D luffy
March 03, 2010, 03:49 AM
there is something truly terrifying about this situation. someone is going to grab a hold on the gura gura no mi and the mera mera no mi. both probably 2 of the strongest DFs out there. i hope an ally grabs them and not a foe

gesgift
March 03, 2010, 03:50 AM

A lot of people mention the blood on BB, I just want to put it out there that that might be WB's blood, there was rather a lot of it flying around. The blood is probably BB's but it's not certain. I would kinda like that, the imagery of BB covered in WB's blood would be strong.

Then it would seem WB could fill half an ocean with his blood, seeing, the blood he already lost durig this battle...

goldb
March 03, 2010, 03:53 AM

Hmmm not the way it looked, if it was WB's blood then it woulda have most probably been splashes on BBs face and not drips. Im glad the old man went down swinging.

The last page was pure epicness...RIP the legend that is Edward Newgate, I wonder what will happen of his body...and what of BB now? will he simply be allowed to leave or are they gonna take it to the marines?

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 04:01 AM
WB quakes BB!!!!And slashes him. Fool, he needed his crew to take WB down. And what about that ugly face of Basco??? And the young WB is just a hansom fellow indeed!

Duzy
March 03, 2010, 04:03 AM
Ironic Death?

The guy has already made a big attempt to redeem himself. If not for WB, he would. And anyway he did in WB's eyes and that's most important. I guess WB knew he goes to his graveyard when he entered this battle.

When WB announced that the "measly stab" did next to nothing to contribute to his death, I thought he said that to comfort his son. Now, after Oda has given the stats, I guess he wasn't bluffing. Personally, I see nothing sad about this situation. I see heroism on both sides (Squardo & Whitebeard), lots of pride, not sadness. But hey that's just me.

Everyone else notice that Blackbeard is bleeding a lot? Glad WB at least schooled him a little before going down.

Until I see more pictures/chapter itself, I'm gonna say I'm dissapointed in BB. He's one of my favourite characters and he doesn't really look like a threat to the world if he can't finish off WB as he was now, with the help of his entire crew.
On the other hand... well this is supposed to be the strongest man in the world. BTW I remember many people posting here saying WB isn't in their top 5 or top 3 strongest mofos in OP world, after he was stabbed by Squardo. Anyone wants to express a change of opinion ? :p

So, for now I'm at the same time disappointed in BB and proud of gramps (talk about double standards :eyeroll)

The last page was pure epicness...RIP the legend that is Edward Newgate, I wonder what will happen of his body...and what of BB now? will he simply be allowed to leave or are they gonna take it to the marines?

It would be even more epic if his body / head / damn even half of his stache was on display at the highest point of some governmental building, Braveheart style. And hundreds, if not thousands of pirates burning with a newfound hate towards the government for that. That's been done already though :amuse.

dragonballz66
March 03, 2010, 04:07 AM
Looks like BB got owned by WB from the latest pics. Maybe that's why BB's crew have to help him fight back WB.

Kaizoku-O Luffy
March 03, 2010, 04:10 AM
BTW I remember many people posting here saying WB isn't in their top 5 or top 3 strongest mofos in OP world, after he was stabbed by Squardo. Anyone want to express a change of opinion ? :p

Well that opinion was buried into the ground after what he did to akainu and the marinford last chapter.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 04:12 AM
The ending was very unexpected to me. I was waiting for the final big rumble from WB that takes everything down or something. But this ending keeps all the good things anyways. We see WB as a monster, but as a human at the same time.

Junaid_Sennin
March 03, 2010, 04:17 AM
Wow...

So now we KNOW that the woman is Caterina Devon, the drinking guy is Busco Shot, and I can't make out what it says for the giant but I assume he's Colossal Battleship. So who's the other guy? Can anyone make out what it says in is intro box?

I assume BB got these criminals to join his crew because they too hate WB. Seems pretty much everyone in Lvl 6 (save Ace and Jinbei) hate him and Roger.

Man, WB's injury tally is outstanding, and the part with his back being unharmed is a nice touch, signifying that he never ran away or retreated.

Max respect.

On the downside, Marines: 2, Pirates: 0
No Ace, no WB, pirates totally lose this war. I see dark times ahead.

Vetinari clone
March 03, 2010, 04:19 AM
This ark was EPIC! (Still can't get over it, no matter how many times I hear or say it) I don't know about anyone else but I hope we have a timeskip right here because this would be a perfect ending. Also because everything that happens in this war from this point on will seem kinda bland and uninteresting.

Um doesn't basically destroying Marineford count as 1? And what about shaming the marines in front of the whole world by rescuing ace (if only for a short time)? also what about blasting Akainu away? I'm just saying...

roguehavoc
March 03, 2010, 04:19 AM
If BB had killed WB singlehandedly then it would be questionable that he was the strongest man of the world.Therefore, WB had to be taken down by the entire BB crew.
BB has become the next Yonkou already and marines are not in a position to take BB out.So all left is the escape of rest of WB pirates

Vetinari clone
March 03, 2010, 04:27 AM
They still have two admirals, Garp, Sengoku, and quite a few others so how are the marines not in a position to take out BB?

they won't of course, but still...

Shiro-kun
March 03, 2010, 04:28 AM
The guy has already made a big attempt to redeem himself. If not for WB, he would. And anyway he did in WB's eyes and that's most important. I guess WB knew he goes to his graveyard when he entered this battle.

When WB announced that the "measly stab" did next to nothing to contribute to his death, I thought he said that to comfort his son. Now, after Oda has given the stats, I guess he wasn't bluffing. Personally, I see nothing sad about this situation. I see heroism on both sides (Squardo & Whitebeard), lots of pride, not sadness. But hey that's just me.

That works out for Squardo and WB
But I was speaking about Blackbeard , he saw everyone on his crew as his children including Blackbeard

Duzy
March 03, 2010, 04:32 AM
That works out for Squardo and WB
But I was speaking about Blackbeard , he saw everyone on his crew as his children including Blackbeard

Woah, sorry I misunderstood. And I saw this post just when I wanted to quote this:

Cut it out!! Pops!! C’mon, I’m your son! Don’t REALLY kill me!

Could it be WB has actually spared even BB and just left him a souvenir by means of a scar ?

http://img4.imageshack.us/i/382670.jpg/

After looking closely, I dunno if it's the way the blood dribbles, or if the hole WB has in his torso is through, cause looking in a certain way, it resembles the texture of his coat. I know it's not shown on his back, but neither is Squardo's doing so I guess it was shown for symbolic purposes.

Qiu Rin
March 03, 2010, 04:33 AM
Maybe BB aims to destroy the Marine afterwards... would be a good opportunity to at least try ist and weaken it significantly.... after all he wants to become pirate king!

NoLimit89
March 03, 2010, 04:55 AM
I'm hoping that the anime don't censor the injuries of wb.

Razh
March 03, 2010, 05:00 AM
I read a lousy spoiler yesterday, about Blackbeard and his crew pawning everything. I knew it was fake.
This turn of events is a lot better. That should shut the mouth of Blackbeard fanboys who think he can beat anyone. He still has a long way to go to get to Whitebeard's level.
I love how Whitebeard said: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? GIGA DRILL BREAKEEEEEER!!! (just not with those exact words :p)

Glad that Oda didn't disappoint. This should be Whitebeard's moment. Not the moment of Blackbeard and his crew.
[hr]

Probably will. I don't mind him not missing part of his face in anime, so long as they manage to make it epic and emotional. I'm a realist.

elitefox
March 03, 2010, 05:01 AM
Wow...

So now we KNOW that the woman is Caterina Devon, the drinking guy is Busco Shot, and I can't make out what it says for the giant but I assume he's Colossal Battleship. So who's the other guy? Can anyone make out what it says in is intro box?

I assume BB got these criminals to join his crew because they too hate WB. Seems pretty much everyone in Lvl 6 (save Ace and Jinbei) hate him and Roger.

Man, WB's injury tally is outstanding, and the part with his back being unharmed is a nice touch, signifying that he never ran away or retreated.

Max respect.

or he retreated running backwards lol

But still epic WB is just epic...
BB cannot even touch him lol :p

from what I saw... BB is not a yonkou level... it is safe to say if all 4 yonkou's are of almost equal powers. and BB was trash like a rag :D

not that BB won't put up a fight but not to the point of defeating a yonkou 1 on 1:o

Vetinari clone
March 03, 2010, 05:01 AM

well they are kinda gruesome, but yeah cause that is one of those scenes that I will definitely watch in the anime. I hope they don't mess it up cause it is so epic, they have to hit just the right note of awesomeness

or he retreated running backwards lol

But still epic WB is just epic...
BB cannot even touch him lol :p

from what I saw... BB is not a yonkou level... it is safe to say if all 4 yonkou's are of almost equal powers. and BB was trash like a rag :D

not that BB won't put up a fight but not to the point of defeating a yonkou 1 on 1:o

I dunno he did fight evenly with shanks at one point, or at least it is implied that he did, it might not have been a fair fight but shanks seemed worried enough for to have been.

N A O
March 03, 2010, 05:02 AM
"One Piece... really does exist!!!"

Whitebeard is the uncrowned Pirates King !

elitefox
March 03, 2010, 05:04 AM

Well you can call him Pirate Prince though :eyeroll
Really glad to see that even BB can't match him with him darkness

Razh
March 03, 2010, 05:07 AM
Damn those two are ugly as shit... Busco Shot looks like he's been drinking non stop from the moment he was born. Maybe he's also a liar like Ussop. Maybe the alcohol makes him lie.

Catarina Devon...:s
Calling her ugly is an insult to all the other ugly girls. What happened to her chin lawl?

ScratchmenApoo
March 03, 2010, 05:08 AM
Well, I did expect Blackbeard Pirates to show their attacks, but not all of them directed at Whitebeard...
Can't wait to read the full chapter and see the new pirates' introductions..
Whitebeard is now dead too, the old era is over...
I'm expecting Sengoku to be furious of this betrayal and attack the Blackbeard pirates... but this isn't a chapter 577 prediction thread yet..

chitgoks
March 03, 2010, 05:23 AM
it's clear that the guy with the coat has drills... his chances of being the man who made level 5.5 in impel down are so big XD whitebeard was so awesome and he needed a glorious death... bb what a filthy b****rd he is XD he's awesome as well assembling such a strong crew, i hope we'll get soon more info of those characters but i'm almost sure oda's not showing anything for now... they just killed whitebeard with swords and guns XD farewell ace and blackbeard... this is sad

BB having a crew like them now will be a problem later on. they are all notorious pirates. they may be following BB now but they all each have their own agenda. they wont be following BB willingly.

there will be some point in time that they will not be following orders willingly like BB's original set of goons.

Enru-007
March 03, 2010, 05:30 AM
Really i'm glad to see the end for the great pirate in the world , a man who search to have a family and not others things , because if he want be a pirate king he make it for sure , so thing Oda for that big chapter .

we can see that Blackbeard haven't yet the some level to take The whitebeard place , so we can't say he's a yonkou.

hhv94
March 03, 2010, 05:32 AM
Wow....Tons of props to Whitebeared! Damn just dying standing like that shows a monster resolve. Rest in Peace.

BB has their loyalty because he let them out and his as twisted as they are. But never know they may just betray him. It will be an interesting twist if or when it happens.

Pr0d1gy2k5
March 03, 2010, 05:36 AM
" One Piece really does exist! " i didnt actually get it, but if this setence isnt one of the flashbacks it will thrive on to another awesome pirate era, the transmitter is still on so every1 gets to hear this, its even a greater announcement than roger's

d3death
March 03, 2010, 05:39 AM
there is a little update about name of drill arm guy.

just in u missed see spoiler summries thread again.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 05:44 AM
BB has the loyality, cause he saved them and has the will of D. And aimes at the top or whatever. I agree that Shiryuu is stronger than BB. Maybe even Devon?

But to me the thrill guy seems to have machine cannons attached to his hands instead of drills. Altough drills would have been the most obvious possibility.

And Doq Q has a weapon? Maybe Strongers devil fruit?

bittman
March 03, 2010, 05:47 AM
Loyalty is not so easily earned. Luffy saved Robin and had the will of D, but you could argue she wasn't "loyal" until she saw Luffy's desperate efforts to protect his crew whilst fighting Foxy, and was originally just hoping to latch on to another crew.

I expect Blackbeard's new recruits are a bit like that. Saving someone, especially people who are both more famous than BB and likely more powerful, should mean nothing to most pirates.

Loreus
March 03, 2010, 05:52 AM
One word; EPIC.

LongLiveOnePiece
March 03, 2010, 05:52 AM
A legendary pirate indeed.he is dead and still standing EPIC.BB of course wont die as WB said" i leave you with a fool".cant wait for the scan

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 06:02 AM
WB IS AT HEART A MOTHERFUCKING SUBTLE ROMANTIC OF THE SEA!!! His crew will not let romance die!

Foxdie
March 03, 2010, 06:02 AM
What the hell ?_?

we lost another hero ?

Oda !! what are you trying to do ? why everyone in the pirates world hates WB ? what did he do? just because he is the strongest man ever appeared in One Piece? that's not a reason ..

DoItDoItDoIt
March 03, 2010, 06:06 AM
Damn those two are ugly as shit... Busco Shot looks like he's been drinking non stop from the moment he was born. Maybe he's also a liar like Ussop. Maybe the alcohol makes him lie.

Catarina Devon...:s
Calling her ugly is an insult to all the other ugly girls. What happened to her chin lawl?

lol I was thinking the same...does anyone know the movie "The Goonies"? Busco reminds me of the big ugly guy Sloth :blink

http://www.nesplayer.com/Goonies/movie/Fratellis/sloth.jpg

msg
March 03, 2010, 06:10 AM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/830/marcoej.jpg

Introducing Marco chief commander of the "sons of whitebeard" pirates:amuse

Wow! RIP whitebeard

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 06:14 AM
I really doubt that Roger would win against WB in the amount of damage he could take. The cause of the victory may have been in somewhere else than in raw power I believe.

Amilevi
March 03, 2010, 06:16 AM

He got his one piece, his family. I think that one was obvious.

Gats
March 03, 2010, 06:20 AM
A good chapter. Just wonder what the Marines will do after this, I guess they'll give up on Luffy for now and focus on BB. I wonder if BB is only here for whitebeard and planned to disappear or he wants to fight the Marine too.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 06:22 AM
He got his one piece, his family. I think that one was obvious.

I mean, people have been predicting that the OP is something like that and other familiy values spiced with freedom and virtues(maybe the romance journey with fun?) , but as many have pointed out this would be predictable and lame.

In case of WB here it looks plausible mate.

Xabaras
March 03, 2010, 06:23 AM
EPIC!!! can't wait to see the full pictures...wow.

Didn't expect an all in fight against WB, however what truly made me thinking is that none of them used any DF ability

Marche
March 03, 2010, 06:34 AM
Great WB. I was sure that it would be dead standing, I have also said it after the chapter "Monster" (but not here, in a italian forum).
In fact there is a Japanese hero than is dead standing on his horse pierced from as lance/spade. He is seen in the episode of Detective Conan, that in which both the guilty and the victims were former Goro's Judo nakama, when they were young (one of the few cases resolved indeed by Goro).

And I was also sure than what WB looked for a "family", and this makes me think than despite the fact than Ace is dead, He is the treasure of Roger, He is the "One Piece".

In the truth I am not sure that Ace is definitely dead, because Ace could be resurrected by Kuma, if Kuma can extract also the death (and perhaps this is the means of his Bible), always if Kuma returns as He was before, thing that I believe.
I believe in fact that has been Dragon asked him to become a "robot", obviously Dragon can make to return the old Kuma, He can give back his coscience, perhaps also thanks to Vegapunk (in fact I think than Vegapunk is an ally of Dragon, because in a volume Oda said that we will have to wait for the apparition of Vegapunk to discover something in more on the DFl, otherwise I don't know how the crew could meet Vegapunk).

I also attend with impatience the full script, because I want to see if Hancock has already arrived from Rufy (or if she will arrive in the next chapter) and what will do Garp (I hope than He will do something, that He is drawn),
Finally wonderfull when WB is illuminated by a ray of the sun, and also the young WB, when He had not his usual moustaches, when Het was still a rookie.

It will be also interesting to know what they will make the pirates of -wB, Buggy (and his new crew) and Crocodile, and also what will do Hancock (she could go with Rufy, so she will attend him (I hope for this, perhaps so Rufy will understand her feelings, and what she did for him (I hope in a happy end)) or she will stay because she will want to avenge Rufy (because BB has captured Ace and He has caused his death, and accordingly he has caused the Rufy's collapse).
Finally perhaps the pirates will take Ace and WB and they will make him a Viking funeral (if Ace will not be resurrected), as that of the "Merry".
I add a last thing: I am happy than also if WB is old and sick, only whit the help of his crew, BB was able to kill him.

urlaub
EPIC!!! can't wait to see the full pictures...wow.

Didn't expect an all in fight against WB, however what truly made me thinking is that none of them used any DF ability

Well, the moustasche guy could have yet the drills and doq Q could be using stronger in his hands, that means, stronger has an ability. But the shooting is certainly silly. Reminds me of the pic where roger ran with a little gun against Shiki. Would just expect them to use their devil fruits and going all out or something. On the bright side, this could mean more strong guys without fruit powers.

happy GIN smily
could Devon be a relative of BB? i mean they both are so ugly

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 06:36 AM
could Devon be a relative of BB? i mean they both are so ugly

If that is ugly, then just imagine the children of Busco shot and Devon?

Naruffy
March 03, 2010, 06:39 AM
Oda's become a master of Epic deaths.

mp44chris
March 03, 2010, 06:39 AM
Oda you did your miracles again... Epicness... The strongest person in the world dies and he manages to be so epic. Totally different from naruto and bleach.

Mythsoul
March 03, 2010, 06:57 AM
Wow......awesome......WB went out in style....good.....great way to finish off a character Oda....with total respect of the badass he was....cannot wait to see what comes next

Auditore
March 03, 2010, 06:57 AM
wb dying

f:amuse:):mad f:amuse:):mad you oda

why god why

I only hoppe that Rayleight will appear soon enough to save ace with his abilities to give his live for a dead guy. ( something like chiyo did to Gaara) maybe????

Dekker
March 03, 2010, 07:01 AM
I only hoppe that Rayleight will appear soon enough to save ace with his abilities to give his live for a dead guy. ( something like chiyo did to Gaara) maybe????

Yeah and then Goku comes with his genkidama and saves the day!

Srsly, leave ace dead ffs. And why the hell should Rayleight now appear?

THM Nindo
March 03, 2010, 07:02 AM
Who asked for a Epic Death!?
Well, you got it! :D

After WB death, I wonder how much more chapter there will be before we have a little timeskip and we change arc...
1 or 2 more maximum is my guess...

Poisok2
March 03, 2010, 07:07 AM
lol I was thinking the same...does anyone know the movie "The Goonies"? Busco reminds me of the big ugly guy Sloth :blink

http://www.nesplayer.com/Goonies/movie/Fratellis/sloth.jpg

That's exactly what I thought when I saw his picture!

sindergi
March 03, 2010, 07:10 AM
wb dying

why god why

Please no revival-stuff.....i hated it in Dragonball, i hated it in Naruto with Gaara and i will hate in One Piece. If someone dies he should stay dead otherwise (i think) the dead has no meaning.

GomuGomuNoBigBoner
March 03, 2010, 07:11 AM
Let me get this straight, so the last yet to be revealed character from BB's crew is the one with the digging-fruit who created 5.5? Wonder where BB found him

sarutobi_sensei
March 03, 2010, 07:17 AM
Let me get this straight, so the last yet to be revealed character from BB's crew is the one with the digging-fruit who created 5.5? Wonder where BB found him
It appears to be, yes.

Auditore
March 03, 2010, 07:21 AM
Please no revival-stuff.....i hated it in Dragonball, i hated it in Naruto with Gaara and i will hate in One Piece. If someone dies he should stay dead otherwise (i think) the dead has no meaning.

it is not the time for Ace to die

Losing both Wb and ace just sucks

Immo
March 03, 2010, 07:21 AM
If that is ugly, then just imagine the children of Busco shot and Devon?
http://www.todowow.com/wp-content/uploads/rotface.jpg

Fantasy810
March 03, 2010, 07:22 AM

aha nice attitude - but please first learn the language.
Haha,but there's nothing is impossible in One Piece,Brooks has revive DF,right ? So it'll be possible that someone has a DF that can revival people :D

omegakai
March 03, 2010, 07:27 AM
WB died with his pride, and BB get his fame the opportunistic basterd, but still this doesn't make his crew to me appear worthy of been placed among the 4 emperors, unless they can show the individual ability of his crew member. Not to mention i'm still kind of mad that ace had to die also to help bring in the new age

chitgoks
March 03, 2010, 07:29 AM
new translation there, bb uses his sucking up technique but it doesnt work on WB. hah! he's nowhere near his level

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 03, 2010, 07:30 AM
so if WB says ONE PIECE exists does that mean he knew its location but still didnt want to become the pirate king .

Zehahaha
March 03, 2010, 07:48 AM
Damn it, damn it, damn it... Those punks ganged up on WB, and yet he's still so awesome... And BB just became the worst character in OP in my eyes, he even surpassed Akainu...

RIP WB !

P.S : Is Sengoku saying How Dare You, because BB bastard and his punks were attacking WB or what ?

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 08:13 AM
so if WB says ONE PIECE exists does that mean he knew its location but still didnt want to become the pirate king .

I want to know the same damn thing! lol Surely, he knew a fair amount about it.

:crying WB confirmed...One Piece exists! :shakefist

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 08:14 AM
Or the family was his ultimate treasure, take it as you like it.

Ero-Sanji
March 03, 2010, 08:16 AM
Love the fact that BB is a squirming little piece of shit. That's the type of guy who Luffy needs to beat the crap out:amuse

Seriously Oda paints his characters very nice, BB is sneaky and very proud but when he's cornered he shows his true self.

What I don't like however is the fact that BB survives that impact, his fruit's weakness and WB's anger should be enough to kill him of. It's like the same way he survived getting his both lungs pierced by fire. I guess Oda really want's to see him suffer.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 08:21 AM
Can anyone tell me why the 'big guns' are connected to little guns?

WB getting killed by couple of guns??I mean, why try to kill him with little guns?

Roger fighting Golden Lion with a little gun?

frontaLobotomy
March 03, 2010, 08:23 AM
Kurozu didn't work on Whitebeard? That's pretty bigtime. Teach wouldn't have stood a chance if he wasn't at death's door it would seem.

Realtwisted
March 03, 2010, 08:36 AM
Man Blackbeard the greatest pirate right now. I am suprise how strong are the Blackbeard pirate, to take Whitebeard the fast.

Raysen_ht
March 03, 2010, 08:38 AM
I cant believe WB didnt kill BB!! This whole "dont kill me i´m your son" charade is crap and WB should know it... If he had the chance and didnt do it out of pity i´ll loose all the respect i have for him!

Another thing... If WB is talking about the treasure of familly when he says that OP does exist Oda would have made a big mistake, at least for me...

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 03, 2010, 08:40 AM
What I don't like however is the fact that BB survives that impact, his fruit's weakness and WB's anger should be enough to kill him of. It's like the same way he survived getting his both lungs pierced by fire. I guess Oda really want's to see him suffer.

he didnt want to kill blackbeard because he still considers him as family .
finally some flashbacks of WB and roger this what i wanted maybe roger told WB the location .

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 08:40 AM
I'm glad to see that WB managed to inflict some fricking overdue damage on BB. LOL Did you see BB's expression when Kurozu failed?!....:smile-big

@ urlaub - WB already suffered from several fatal injuries/attacks, prior to BB entering. There is a limit on how much injuries one can take in this war and it was obvious that WB would fall. So be it guns, swords, DF attacks...WB was going to fall eventually imo.

Why try and kill him with guns? He was already half dead, add Akainu's attacks and all those VA's stabbing him...:faint

Come on now, BB's crew were all shooting WB at quite a close range and I guess he couldn't take anymore hits anyway. (The guns must've been on fully automatic xD :p) WB's a true legend and I can understand more clearly now why he was "the World's Strongest Pirate"! :shakefist

Van Auger must've enjoyed himself the most....lol

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 08:41 AM
OOOOHHH SHIT.....ACE ON THE SIDE OF THE MARINES....

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 03, 2010, 08:44 AM
guys a new pic confirms ace 's corps to be on the side of the marines .

P.S : Is Sengoku saying How Dare You, because BB bastard and his punks were attacking WB or what ?

probably because WB said OP exists .

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 08:45 AM
That's kinda sad for the pirates..they can't take their leave from ace.

Hamlet
March 03, 2010, 08:45 AM
OOOOHHH SHIT.....ACE ON THE SIDE OF THE MARINES....

Yeah to get trough him you need to take the whole bunch, i don't kno what they wanna do with his corpse :(

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 08:47 AM
Damn it! Why the hell did they leave Ace's body!?

I didn't think it would be resting on the side of the marines. :darn I hope Garp takes care of Ace's body... :s

happy GIN smily
March 03, 2010, 08:50 AM
Yeah to get trough him you need to take the whole bunch, i don't kno what they wanna do with his corpse :(

maybe Vegapunk has some plans with him...

Hamlet
March 03, 2010, 08:50 AM

Or maybe moria

sindergi
March 03, 2010, 08:52 AM

What happens with the corpse of Gol D. Rogers ? Is there some grave where everyone can go or did the marines put him in a anonymous grave ?

I predict that Garp will take Ace body and give him a worthy burial... at least i hope so. It would be hard for Luffy or the others to have no grave of Ace where they can mourning.
If i had to decide I would burn Ace corpse and scatter his ashes in ocean.

Raysen_ht
March 03, 2010, 08:52 AM
Garp wouldn't allow it... he will take care of Ace's body

Hamlet
March 03, 2010, 08:54 AM
A son died smiling and a father died standing.

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 08:57 AM
Moria needs his victims to stay alive in order to have fun with their shadows...*the sick freak...* Anyway, I personally think it's too soon and wrong for Vegapunk to make an entrance now solely to gain Ace's corpse. Just the thought makes me sick. :barf

Garp will take care of Ace. :) *Hoping...*

Realtwisted
March 03, 2010, 09:00 AM
WB died with his pride, and BB get his fame the opportunistic basterd, but still this doesn't make his crew to me appear worthy of been placed among the 4 emperors, unless they can show the individual ability of his crew member. Not to mention i'm still kind of mad that ace had to die also to help bring in the new age

showing their ability is no a good thing, people knowing your ability would be a disavantage in any fight.

sarutobi_sensei
March 03, 2010, 09:24 AM
oioi is that ace's dead body? http://img718.imageshack.us/i/wwwdotuoppp.jpg/
[hr]

Garp wouldn't allow it... he will take care of Ace's body

Fuck this basically proves that Ace is dead.

Unless he suddenly wakes up and goes to the pirates side. That Or Luffy grabs him before they leave.

A son died smiling and a father died standing.

EPIC.

topkomputer
March 03, 2010, 09:33 AM
Ace died for the best just move on guys. Oda chose a better way for Ace death, rather getting executed, he died protecting luffy.

Host Samurai
March 03, 2010, 10:06 AM

I think so too. But not only Ace, you can add Whitebeard too. With his face half gone... if he becomes a pacifista, he would almost look like Arnie in Terminator 2.

shubashi
March 03, 2010, 10:07 AM
wb dying
So the whole chapter of him dying was for nothing? That's just very bad story telling.
Yes, and Kishimoto shouldn't have revived Gaara or anyone of the konoha village.
Kill them and leave them dead or just don't kill them.

I think so too. But not only Ace, you can add Whitebeard too. With his face half gone... if he becomes a pacifista, he would almost look like Arnie in Terminator 2.
Then why didn't they use Roger's body?

Auditore
March 03, 2010, 10:32 AM
Shyrio of the Rain remembers me of an nazi soldier , with his uniform, and BB is a pussy bagging Wb not to kill him,

LongLiveOnePiece
March 03, 2010, 10:34 AM
Well personally i dont care if BB becomes a Yonkou or not,either way he is powerful and -probably- the last villain for Luffy.

What I do care is the last double pick.AWESOME!! i cant believe he is gone.i want more WB :( but anyways Oda presented his death in a perfect way-as expected ofcourse.

Now i think a timeskip fits perfectly,maybe we even see one too :P

msg
March 03, 2010, 10:37 AM
Frankie, brook and robin in the cover story! So we are left with zoro, choper, vivi and carue - i think two more chapters to go before this arc ends.I wanna see zoro and vivi together in a cover page.:)

Did BB and his crews sneak up behind Marineford? Yup they did, look at San juan.Sneaky basterds!!!:amuse.I think the marines will start attacking BB crews since the land is split.I want to see Aokiji freezing up San Juan like what he did with saul

_AceOfSpades_
March 03, 2010, 10:47 AM
I guess ID was really the reason for BB wanting the title :(
I was right in that account, but... recruiting members ... is too much of a down-to-earth plan.... I guess I expected too much but I thought it would be something way more epic or crazy... Either way, WB is dead TT TT what now? I think we need a Mary Sue or sth. xD Somebody who gets the pirates out of this sh** ... I don't think that BB will fall yet, because it seems to me like he's gonna be the final enemy or sth, but we need somebody to recover Luffy... Boa, what are you gonna do? TT TT... I guess it's BB's time now Oo

Bugzee
March 03, 2010, 10:52 AM
It looks to me as though BB will go all out against the marines as well lol. Sengoku will have his hands busy with BB's crew. Therefore, it's possible for Boa to flee Marineford with Luffy & co....:grin

Dice
March 03, 2010, 10:54 AM
Seems like Whitebeard misunderstood the meaning of 'last man standing' :D

Nonlife
March 03, 2010, 10:57 AM
Oh man, BB's gonna get it - in the future I mean. What a cowardly act for his entire crew to combo attack WB! At least WB died honorably, his body poised as a magnificent statue befitting his legendary and honorable status. BB will never be half the man WB was in his lifetime!

LongLiveOnePiece
March 03, 2010, 10:58 AM
wb dying

why god why

Excuse me if you are insulted but that would be totally lame..lamer than lame.lamest!!Ace is dead we should get over it..

P.S.nothing personal mate, just didnt like your thought,as i didnt like gaara's lame rez from Naruto and the granny

anime-addict
March 03, 2010, 11:04 AM
yeaah ... so, croooze of BB is nothing in front of WB' haki

this is a hint of the power that luffy should acquire

so, luffy should work on his haki to beat BB
[hr]
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

such a great view .. WB died and he is still standing ?!!

sooooooo great

ScratchmenApoo
March 03, 2010, 11:07 AM
Whitebeard and Ace won't get resurrected. Oda's writing is too genius to go that low. It's the turning point of his style by killing major characters and I like it.
Boa Hancock was on the other side of the island, she couldn't go with Luffy at the moment.
Where are Aokiji, Kizaru, DoFlamingo, Gecko Moria ?! Show yourselves and kick some ass, come on !

chess4
March 03, 2010, 11:16 AM
1st let me start by saying..............i will give everyone(myself included) a standing ovation who have said been since this war started that BB would show up to kill WB

now i must say that the BB pirates a ruthless as hell. they showed WB no respect what so ever. WB is an animal to get the best of BB with half his face gone. he is so much of a animal that he died and still stood tall. a great end for a legendary pirate.

the WB crew has taken severe loses this battle. they have lose a lot of crewman. WB is dead, ace is dead, and jozu is frozen, may be dead or missing an arm.

as a whole the WB pirates did not have a good showing at all. they still have some pretty strong people though.

i still hope ace somehow comes back to life but i doubt it.

Saint Markus
March 03, 2010, 11:20 AM
amazing is all i can really say. Ace is gone. WB is now dead, amazing and creative way for him to die too. big up to Oda on that one. finally some more info on "One Piece" itself. it's all on Luffy now.

Realtwisted
March 03, 2010, 11:22 AM
Man BlackBeards Pirates are strong, they took WB like nothing and without using their true power ,

gold349
March 03, 2010, 11:25 AM
BB crew went all vulture/hyena like on WB...bastards, still WB didn't drop, the count of wounds inflicted on WB, he took some serious punishment, him still standing in death what a geezer...in his dieing moments although Luffy isn't aware of it Haki will be what will become his weapon against BB as WB showed here.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 11:26 AM
I really hope BBs band goes against WG, but that seems to much fan service to me. But if Oda does it, then it would be amazing. If BB would go all out against WG, then would they have chance? Probably not. The super three and maybe Garp are still too much for them I think. Plus there are a lot of marines left anyway.

Zehahaha
March 03, 2010, 11:27 AM
Man BlackBeards Pirates are strong, they took WB like nothing and without using their true power ,

O_O
They ganged up on a old dying injured man... And you're saying that they're strong ? Funny funny...

ironmonkey
March 03, 2010, 11:39 AM
little post just to say that we now know the weapon of Doc Q: a scythe ^.^ fit really the character like a glove if you ask me.

BlackHair
March 03, 2010, 11:44 AM
Man BlackBeards Pirates are strong, they took WB like nothing and without using their true power ,You must have missed the part where WB made BB his bitch.

monkey D luffy
March 03, 2010, 11:51 AM
i love the panels with roger! they really were honorable werent they? R.I.P WB and Asce

Ero-Sanji
March 03, 2010, 11:54 AM
It's a shame that WB had to be all fatherly like. He had BB at his mercy yet his feelings made him spare his life. It's truly a shame...

BlackHair
March 03, 2010, 11:57 AM
I still don't get BB's : "I will shake the world to its core" part back on ID.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 03, 2010, 12:01 PM
I still don't get BB's : "I will shake the world to its core" part back on ID.

shaking the world is only going to ID and picking up those guy's he said it clear .

beastboy
March 03, 2010, 12:08 PM
C'mon... I wan't to know what WB is saying to Roger... did I miss that part of the translation??

Now there are just a couple of thing missing, the gate opener and the shake the world thing... I'm not shaked, and Oda knows that.. (I believe)

BlackHair
March 03, 2010, 12:10 PM
I guess BB presenting himself to the world was the "shake the world part" So quite a disappointment, if u ask me.

So far every character were taken down by one vs one. WB is the only character who was gangbanged by the marines and the BB pirates. Not to mention Oda gave WB disadvantages from the very beginning. Im seriously wondering what a young and healthy WB was capable of, with that what Garp and Roger are capable of. I don't consider any character beside those two near the level of a healthy WB.

Ero-Sanji
March 03, 2010, 12:10 PM
The ending when all of them shot WB, that was the show.
The show that would shake the world, is happening right now. He is behind all of this, he's responsible for the unbalance of the three great powers:

The marines: Heavily wounded and weakened.
The Shichibukai: Are running with three man short.
The Yonkou: One (and the greatest) is down while two others are fighting.

This balance should never ever be shaken BUT now it has and thus the world is going into a dark era. Starting with fishman Island which Luffy and crew shall save... I guess.

beastboy
March 03, 2010, 12:15 PM
Well.. once in my waked up dreams... I imagined the New World, as a really different sea, were the water is red, instead of Blue, because of all the blood drained there.. then I discarded the idea, the would be to dark for OP... but with 2 deaths in a row, I'd say Oda could manage some parts of the new world like that... and I would really like it....
But not all, because All Blue is in the new world...

jamjamstyle
March 03, 2010, 12:16 PM
Not sure if posted:

Originally Posted by archanfel

Based on the script, a few quick notes:

BB taunts WB, saying that he can't use his quake ability on him due to his Yami fruit, WB proceed to cut him with his Bisento instead, saying that BB's weakness is that he often gets carried away and overconfident;

Roger and WB had a talk before Roger dies (the 2 were having a drink togather under a sakura tree). Roger offered to tell WB the way to reach Raftel, but WB declined saying he has no interests in such thing. Roger then complain that ppl nowadays(then) call him Gold Roger, but his real name is Gol.D. Roger, he then tells WB all about the history of "D" (not revealed to us readers, of course)

Before he dies WB says that BB is not the man Roger had been waiting for, and tells Sengoku that even though Roger's bloodline ends here, the "will(of D)" will be carried on (referring to Luffy), and the WG will be facing a backlash from those who inherited that will of centuries.

"One Piece, does exists!" is the last word of the great pirate Edward Newgate.

goldb
March 03, 2010, 12:24 PM
man the raw was incredibly small but i loved the page with Roger and WB sipping sakr together

exacta
March 03, 2010, 12:29 PM
I guess BB presenting himself to the world was the "shake the world part" So quite a disappointment, if u ask me.

So far every character were taken down by one vs one. WB is the only character who was gangbanged by the marines and the BB pirates. Not to mention Oda gave WB disadvantages from the very beginning. Im seriously wondering what a young and healthy WB was capable of, with that what Garp and Roger are capable of. I don't consider any character beside those two near the level of a healthy WB.

WB went down like a man. But still, I feel like Oda never gave him a proper one on one fight, or really anyone in this arc for that matter. WB could've shown off a lot more. Ace and Akainu is the closest thing to a real fight, though it wasn't very long. Disappointing. He had a great ending though.

Dr. Vegapunk
March 03, 2010, 12:44 PM
Shaking. I think he means as a pirate and over the long run, not right now. Dealing the final blow to WB is just one of the many things we can expect from BB.

Razh
March 03, 2010, 12:53 PM
It's funny how after all the foreshadowing in manga and all the claims that, just because Shanks said that Blackbeard will go after Whitebeard eventually, that he's already at his level, Whitebeard still beats Blackbeard up like he's some punk, without any trouble. It's like father spanking his son for being a bad boy. :p

maxikki
March 03, 2010, 12:53 PM
what i find truly incredible is how WB died,and how he gave a huge boost to the current and new age of piracy. ONE PIECE DOES EXISTS!!!!

beastboy
March 03, 2010, 12:54 PM
Its difficult to have a 1-1 fight when you destroy half an island in one blow! But this fight agains Black Beard was a 1-1 fight, and might be considered a loose to BB cause he needed help...

THM Nindo
March 03, 2010, 01:00 PM
WB went down like a man. But still, I feel like Oda never gave him a proper one on one fight, or really anyone in this arc for that matter. WB could've shown off a lot more. Ace and Akainu is the closest thing to a real fight, though it wasn't very long. Disappointing. He had a great ending though.

Yeah, I guess you're right...
WB as more like a 1 vs 10 000 fight, but manage to pretty much win this fight anyway... until the Blackbeard pirates stormed in and finished him off.

I think it was a great arc, and I can't wait to see the next one!
Hopefully we won't have to wait for 1 year before the strawhats are reunited and Oda will have them all come back to the Archipelago by their own means soon.

Yans86
March 03, 2010, 01:02 PM
His afternoon on an Italian TV passed the message that OP vol.57 soldu out around the world more then 3mill copies!!!!Congrats Oda!!1

BlackHair
March 03, 2010, 01:14 PM
It's funny how after all the foreshadowing in manga and all the claims that, just because Shanks said that Blackbeard will go after Whitebeard eventually, that he's already at his level, Whitebeard still beats Blackbeard up like he's some punk, without any trouble. Yea' I remember having a discussion with Franckie (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php?u=45522) and mugiwara84 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php?u=64241) about BB vs WB (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2675&page=22)(last couple of pages till Mod intervention). That sure was some straining heated debate. Glad to have a clear answer from ODA on that.
[hr]

WB as more like a 1 vs 10 000 fight Exactly, so basically imo Oda is saying that there is no character around to fight WB fairly.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 01:18 PM
What's the meaning of 3 strawhats on the cover?

THM Nindo
March 03, 2010, 01:19 PM
Yea' I remember having a discussion with Franckie (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php?u=45522) and mugiwara84 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php?u=64241) about BB vs WB (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2675&page=22)(last couple of pages till Mod intervention). That sure was some straining heated debate. Glad to have a clear answer from ODA on that.
<hr noshade size="1">
Exactly, so basically imo Oda is saying that there is no character around to fight WB fairly.

Yeah...
Oda has been showing that WB was stronger than anyone he faced...
except maybe one : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/

Oda clearly showed there that WB and Shanks were equal in power.
The sky splited in two equal part under their strenght...

Which is why I think Shanks must not be underestimated, and that, after WB's death, he's most likely the strongest one out there.

And I think that his strength resides in his Haki.

maxikki
March 03, 2010, 01:20 PM
His afternoon on an Italian TV passed the message that OP vol.57 soldu out around the world more then 3mill copies!!!!Congrats Oda!!1

that's nothing new since one piece is popular around the world, i think its even better than naruto and bleach. naruto is close to the end, bleach is going on to end 100 years later, 100 chapters for something new to happen, but one piece has a lot of story behind it. it has comedy, action, drama and many other things.i just hope that Oda keeps up the good job becauseone piece is the best

ZenoArmani
March 03, 2010, 01:21 PM
Whitebeard was wrecked with age and illness. Half of his face was burned off. 267 stab wounds. 152 bullet wounds. Shot with 48 cannonballs. And then finally he died thinking that what he really wanted out of life was family. Wow. What a tear-jerker, and what a giant of a man.

We knew that it was coming, but still this is probably the most shocking rollercoaster of an arc we've seen from One Piece to date.

Oh, and the unknown Blackbeard pirate is apparently named ("Corrupt King"?) Pizarro Abaro. After the fabled "Cities of Gold"-hunting Spanish conquisador?

monkey D luffy
March 03, 2010, 01:23 PM
that felt like a friggin cheap shot on BB behalf, i mean he was getting pretty much raped by WB and then out of no where the entire crew started shooting at point blank, im pissed now.

BlackHair
March 03, 2010, 01:29 PM
Yeah...
Oda has been showing that WB was stronger than anyone he faced...
except maybe one : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/

Oda clearly showed there that WB and Shanks were equal in power.
You sure brought up an annoying argument, which I tried to forget after this discussion (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54293&page=8). :D

Anyway, that was one simple clash, not a fight! Both didn't use their full power (where Im sure about WB, since he didn't use his DF).

Also Imo there is for sure at least one man stronger than Shanks, who is currently the strongest swordsman. So lets honour WB in this chapter, plz don't put him equal with Shanks.

Wow. What a tear-jerker, and what a giant of a man. +1 agree!

jamjamstyle
March 03, 2010, 01:43 PM
Translation of the chapter, not for scanlation purposes:

credit: Aohige_ap

page 1
Chapter 576 The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

page 2
Blackbeard: Zehahahahahahahahaha!!!
Marines: There's no mistaking about it... those are the death row inmaes from Level 6 of Impel Down!
What are they doing here!?
VA Strawberry: Every single one of them are the worst criminals in the world, whose crimes were so vile and cruel that their existence were erased from records!!
None of them should ever be out in the world again...!!!
There's no other creature in the world as large as that one... it must be pirate "Colossal Battleship" SanJuan Wolf!!!
SJWolf: Ooops.... they found me, and on top of that they recognized me!!

page 3
The Corrupt king Abalo Pizarro!!
Pizarro: It's been a while since I saw the outside world... meow.
The mighty Drinker Vasco Shot!!!
Vasco: *glug glug hic* Can I kill all of them?
The Crescent Moon Hunter Catalina Devon!!!
Catalina: Moorune~ hehehe... you boys like it like that? <3
And... the warden chief of Impel Down, Shiryuu of the Rain!!
Marines: What is going on!?

page 4
Sengoku: Shiryuu damn you... what happened to Magellan!? What happened to Impel Down!? How did you get here!?
Shiryuu: Why don't you research it on your own later? I'm gonna stick with these guys.
Marine: Fleet Admiral Sengoku! I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to report...!!
The gates of Justice was opened again earlier, and an unidentified ship was reported to pass through it!!
Sengoku: So that was these guys.... How did this happen? There should be only marines in the control room!
Laffitte: Hohohoho...Forgive me, it's very elementary sir. Before we left, I went to the contrl room and put hypnotized the marine there. That if they see any marine ship, to let it pass through.
But it seems that worked advantageous to "others" here as well
page 5
Blackbeard: If the government considers me a pirate and an enemy of the state...
I wouldn't be able to open the Gates of Justice, and getting into Impel Down would be impossible.
The reason why I elected myself for the Shichibukai poision was simply to get past that problem!!!
I don't need this title anymore!!!
Sengoku: ......!!! So freeing those men were your objective!?
Blackbeard: Zehahahahaha!!! That's right, that's all I was after from teh start!!
And.... This right here is everything!! You'll see soon enough....
Sengoku: .....!!!

Whitebeard: TEEEAACH!!!
Blackbeard pirate: Watch out!! Captain!!
Blackbeard: !

page 6
Blackbeard: WHOA!!! ...you're not holding back are you? Well of course not....
Whitebeard: .... you, I cannot call you my son, Teach!! You broke the one iron rule of my ship, and you killed your own comrade!!
WB Commander: Pops!!
Whitebeard: Don't you dare butt in, Marco...
Marco: !!
Whitebeard: I'm going to take the life of this idiot myself, and avenge 4th Division captain Thatch...with my own hands!!!
Blackbeard: Zehahahaha!!! Go on, that's what I want!!

page 7
Blackbeard: "Black Hole"!! Thatch may be dead... but so is Ace too, pops!!
I really did look up to you and respect you... however!! You're past your time!
To the point you can't even save one comrade from getting executed!!
What a shame, I even let that boy live at Panaro island!!
Vista: That bastard...!!
Marine: What's that black thing?
Blackbeard: Hah, it's no use!!! Abilities are completely worthless before my powers!!

page 8
Blackbeard: Kuromizu (Black Water)!!! Zehahahaha!!! see? You can't cause any more earth qua.....
*Whitebeard simply thrusts his polearm at Teach*
Blackbeard: !!!! Owaaaaa!!!! Haaaa!!!!! Damn, that hurts, damn!!!
Whitebeard: Overconfidence and carelessness... is yoru weakness....
Blackbeard: Eh!!? Hey... stop, don't!!!

page 9
Blackbeard: Gyaaaa!!! Stop pops!!! I'm your son!! You don't seriously mean to kill.... AAAAAAAHHH!!!
*SLAM!!!*
Blackbeard: a....ah...... You.... you monster!!! You're on the verge of death!! Yet you still refuse to die..!!!
Men, do it!!!!

page 10-11
*Whitebeard is ganged up by the entire Blackbeard pirates*
WB Commander: Popsss!!!!!
Blackbeard: Zehahahahaha!! Yeah, shoot him full of holes!!!

page 12
WB Flashback

Whitebeard: You're telling me you're going to die, Roger?
Roger: Yeah... I don't have much time. You wanna know how to get to Raftel, Whitebeard?
Whitebeard: Even if you tell me, I ain't going. Not interested.
Roger (drunk): You know what those guys up in the government calls me these days? "Gold Roger".
.... but that's wrong!! I'm "Gol D Roger"!!!
Whitebeard: I sometimes see men with that D in their name... I got one on board named Teach. What is this "D" all about?
Roger: Oh, you wanna know? Alright, I'll tell ya....

page 13
Roger: It dates long, long time ago.....

Blackbeard pirate: Damn, outta ammo
Whitebeard: You're not the one....
Blackbeard: !? You're still alive!!?
Whitebeard: You're not the one Roger is waiting for... Teach, not you.
Blackbeard: Eh!?
Whitebeard: Just as there's someone who will carry on Roger's legacy... in time one who carries Ace's will will appear as well... Even if you destroy the bloodline... their flames will never be vanquished.... That's how it's been passed down the generations from long, long time ago.... And in the future... one of these days, someone will appear with the burden of the centuries on their back, and declare a battle onto the world.
Sengoku.... you and your World Government is terrified of that inevidable battle that will bring turmoil to the world!!
Although I have no interest in it... when someone finds that treasure... the world will turn on its head!! Someone will find it out, that day WILL come.

page 14
Whitebeard: THE TREASURE OF ONE PIECE EXISTS!!!

Crowd: !!!!!
Sengoku: ..... damn you!!!!
Blackbeard: Zehahaha
Whitebeard: (I'm sorry my sons.... I'm going to leave you with a terrible fool... this is the end of the road for me...

page 15
Whitebeard: (you guys gave me everything)
Whitebeard flashback
Pirate: It doesn't make sense!! A pirate who's not interested in treasures? What exactly is it that you want?? eh, Newgate!!?
Young Newgate: There is one thing... I've always wanted since I was a child....
Pirate: Oh so you DO have something you want. What is it, tell us man!!
Newgate: ....... a family.
Pirate: What the hell is that about!? GYahahahahaha!!

Whitebeard: (You have my gratitude... farewell, my sons!!)
Blackbeard: ....hm? He's.... he's dead!!! While standing!!!
WB Commander: Pops...!!!
Narrator: Whitebeard is dead.

page 16-17
Even in death, his body never fell.
Even without half of his head, he slay his enemies.
That statue could be described as nothing but "Monster".
The number of sword wounds he recieved... 267 slashes
The number of bullet wounds he recieved... 152 shots
The number of cannon blast he recieved... 46 cannons
However, in his proud back... or shall we say, his life as a pirate....
Not a single wound from fleeing could be seen!!!

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 01:58 PM
So san juan is the biggest in the world. And such a cheap trick behind the gate? I'm pretty much certain no one remembered to connect it to Lafitte????

Zehahaha
March 03, 2010, 02:01 PM
I thought OP is already fuckin great... But, after reading WB speech about the Will of D, i can't even imagine what the fuck this manga will be... Something more greater, it will be the best manga for eternity i believe... damn it, now i can't help but imagine what will happen next !

Can't wait to see these chapters in the anime, WB speech and Ace's too would be emotional... Arghhh

Interesting fact, looks like BB mastered his DF powers more, to the point where he can cover an area with darkness resulting in the incapacity of DF users to use their powers

ScratchmenApoo
March 03, 2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the translation.
My positive thoughts :
-Mentioned Will of D. and One Piece.. making it even more mysterious and awesome
-We know who the new pirates in Blackbeard's crew are
-Whitebeard vs. Blackbeard epic
My negative thoughts :
-The Gates of Justice being opened by a hypnotised marine ? I think this is the first time recently that Oda wrote something silly. It shouldn't have been something lame as that..
-The new Blackbeard pirates attacking with small pistols/swords - what's that all about ?

Zehahaha
March 03, 2010, 02:07 PM
-The new Blackbeard pirates attacking with small pistols/swords - what's that all about ?

I kinda liked it, cuz' it's realistic in a certain way ya know, it's not like they're pulling something like " With my kamehameha or rasengan, i'll one shot ya "

Plus, in WB case, injured and already near death, pistols and swords are enough

Warlord90
March 03, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yes I agree with you. This is what would have happened in real-life. Swords and Guns. Also it would be lame if everyone just showed their ability on Whitebeard. Plus, don't call them cowards, because Luffy and his crew wouldn't be able to handle Whitebeard like that.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 02:14 PM
This is the second time where the pistol is emphasized. First one was with Roger against Shiki. And now. Somehow Oda wants little pistols to be near the legends.

Superman
March 03, 2010, 02:18 PM

I love the idea of them using guns. Finally is BB using his gun too.
I aint really touched by the dead of WB but maybe it will change when i see the full chapter i rather think its pretty cool how he died.

ScratchmenApoo
March 03, 2010, 02:24 PM
Well, I'm okay with the use of pistols but look at them, they're so tiny and lame-looking. They make me think of Phasers from Star Trek -_-"

Fox666
March 03, 2010, 02:27 PM
This is the second time where the pistol is emphasized. First one was with Roger against Shiki. And now. Somehow Oda wants little pistols to be near the legends.Not really. It's like swordmanship. You see only a few guys really using it.

There was Don Krieg, Arlong (killing Bellemere), Sanji (aiming at Nico Robin), Viper bazooka, Absalom bazookas, etc.

Guns and sword are used by a bunch of secondary characters through all arcs.

Akagami.Shanks
March 03, 2010, 02:30 PM
that's nothing new since one piece is popular around the world, i think its even better than naruto and bleach. naruto is close to the end, bleach is going on to end 100 years later, 100 chapters for something new to happen, but one piece has a lot of story behind it. it has comedy, action, drama and many other things.i just hope that Oda keeps up the good job becauseone piece is the best

Yes, I completely agree that one piece is the best. I will add to this that one piece somehow attracts an older audience than bleach and Naruto. It is mainly because of the events, personalities and jokes that can't be fully understood by young people. And as long as Oda keeps it like this he will surely keep the current audience and attracts the young manga lover when they grow up.

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 02:36 PM
I mean, secondary characters do not use tiny pistols. Or if they use them, then the context has been different I guess.

I mean, I am not against using pistols, it's cool in some way and brings something back to earth. But commoon, tiny puny pistols.

Akagami.Shanks
March 03, 2010, 02:44 PM
I don't see a problem with BB pirates using swords and pistols to kill WB. I think OP has been always like this: we never see an all out fight or abilities until it's needed. starting from Shanks in the first episode with the bandits until now. Even Luffy and Zorro start with the weak attacks before going all out.

frontaLobotomy
March 03, 2010, 02:50 PM
I did think that if Teach were to kill Whitebeard, that he was going to use that pistol of his. The entire crew opening fire was quite the suprise, it's reminiscent of Julius Caesar and other such tales of kings being killed by their own. Having Whitebeard die on his feet was a nice touch. Getting an extra snippet of what the Will of D. entails was an added bonus. With Roger knowing where Raftel is, there must be a particular route you must travel in order to get there.

The only problem is.. What now? The Arc has reached it's climax, Luffy is apoplectic, and the Marines are dumbstruck. I wouldn't be suprised if that is how the Arc ended, but it would be nice to find out what happened in Impel Down after the escape, paritcularly if Mr.2 was lucky enough to survive or not..

urlaub
March 03, 2010, 03:03 PM
Fuck, I hope that BB has to make his escape by fighting the marines. I hope Sengoku and Garp want to teach Teach a lesson or two. I want to see those badass prisoners in action.

Akagami.Shanks
March 03, 2010, 03:03 PM
I did think that if Teach were to kill Whitebeard, that he was going to use that pistol of his. The entire crew opening fire was quite the suprise, it's reminiscent of Julius Caesar and other such tales of kings being killed by their own. Having Whitebeard die on his feet was a nice touch. Getting an extra snippet of what the Will of D. entails was an added bonus. With Roger knowing where Raftel is, there must be a particular route you must travel in order to get there.

The only problem is.. What now? The Arc has reached it's climax, Luffy is apoplectic, and the Marines are dumbstruck. I wouldn't be suprised if that is how the Arc ended, but it would be nice to find out what happened in Impel Down after the escape, paritcularly if Mr.2 was lucky enough to survive or not..

The only reason why Mr.2 wouldn't have died is if BB or one of his crew intervened and fought Magellan before he killed him.
Other than that, I think the WB pirates will retrieve from the battle and luffy will be brought to safety for the time being.

BlkHorus
March 03, 2010, 03:10 PM
No problem with pistols being used here. I mean through this entire war we have seen many new world captains have pistols along with their other skills they used to battle. Its just another weapon that can be used to weaken stronger characters after they have taken damage in other ways and it stops the weaker ones.

WB just showed how much more powerful a captain should be than his crew in order to do whatever it is to keep his crew safe. At all end, WB separated his crew and then fought Akainu and BB and owned them all. Fought all the other people while his crew support Luffy to get to Ace. Basically, WB just showed himself to be an unmovable wall to get to the rest of his crew. I'm excited to see how his crew responds in the next chapter with getting away. I mean the marines will have their hands full now with fighting BB and his crew. Though i will say that it would be nice to see the WB pirates and the marine fight BB's crew for a bit.

DARK
March 03, 2010, 03:14 PM
What an awesome chapter.
Whitebeard's death is almost as epic as Gol's. He practically confirms that the treasure of One Piece that Roger hid does exist.
And yes, the reason why they ganged up on Whitebeard like that is because WB is so strong that he cannot be defeated in a 1-on-1 battle easily. They may be cowards, but teaming up was the only way for these criminals to take Whitebeard down.

chess4
March 03, 2010, 03:31 PM
page 12
WB Flashback

Whitebeard: You're telling me you're going to die, Roger?
Roger: Yeah... I don't have much time. You wanna know how to get to Raftel, Whitebeard?
Whitebeard: Even if you tell me, I ain't going. Not interested.
Roger (drunk): You know what those guys up in the government calls me these days? "Gold Roger".
.... but that's wrong!! I'm "Gol D Roger"!!!
Whitebeard: I sometimes see men with that D in their name... I got one on board named Teach. What is this "D" all about?

page 13
Roger: It dates long, long time ago.....

Blackbeard pirate: Damn, outta ammo
Whitebeard: You're not the one....
Blackbeard: !? You're still alive!!?
Whitebeard: You're not the one Roger is waiting for... Teach, not you.
Blackbeard: Eh!?
Whitebeard: Just as there's someone who will carry on Roger's legacy... in time one who carries Ace's will will appear as well... Even if you destroy the bloodline... their flames will never be vanquished.... That's how it's been passed down the generations from long, long time ago.... And in the future... one of these days, someone will appear with the burden of the centuries on their back, and declare a battle onto the world.
Sengoku.... you and your World Government is terrified of that inevidable battle that will bring turmoil to the world!!
Although I have no interest in it... when someone finds that treasure... the world will turn on its head!! Someone will find it out, that day WILL come.

page 14
Whitebeard: THE TREASURE OF ONE PIECE EXISTS!!!

this is the reason luffy and the strawhats have been making all those friends. the next war will be better than this one.

man i hope ace comes back to life.
[hr]
i cant wait to see where the quake fruit and the flame fruit will sproat up again, and who will get them. maybe coby and helmelppo get them.

Mr. Crocodile
March 03, 2010, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm okay with the use of pistols but look at them, they're so tiny and lame-looking. They make me think of Phasers from Star Trek -_-"

Well, they are based on real pistols called flintlocks that were used in the 17th century i think by REAL pirates and other European armies. I guess you were expecting they used an AK-47.

hy4k
March 03, 2010, 03:39 PM
hmm...

from the sounds of it the each of d is an inherited charecteristic that is passed down from generation. a kind of personality trait

so luffy and roger share the same D. and i'm guessing a new character will be born with Ace's D

Charlie
March 03, 2010, 03:41 PM
page 12

Sniff.... sniff... snif.... :crying

Oda sensei.... Why do you tease? :drool

*Corrine*
March 03, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'm upset that Blackbeard called himself Whitebeard's "son" even after he killed his own crewmate.
Not only was Whitebeard's death awesome(being that he was standing) but it's kind of sad when you see the only thing he wanted was a family--Oda is getting good at killing people >.>

Yans86
March 03, 2010, 04:07 PM
Awesome!!!we also had new confirmation about D.,Raftel and the void century!!!

Curiously,Luffy already declared WAR against the WG(EL arc)....his father is already fighting them....

Am I the only one that wishes for OP to continue after they find the treasure????Am I the only one that think that after that this BIG war will occur???

More then 3 mill copies for volume 57 and we r still far from reaching its END......pure awesomeness!!!

k-dom
March 03, 2010, 04:17 PM
Poor Blackbeard he still has a long way to go.
So One Piece does exist and it is a threat to the governement. As expected, it is no ordinary treasure. Oda really knows how to make revelation, Whitebeard and Roger drinking buddies under a Sakura, this is really nice

chess4
March 03, 2010, 04:17 PM
Awesome!!!we also had new confirmation about D.,Raftel and the void century!!!

Curiously,Luffy already declared WAR against the WG(EL arc)....his father is already fighting them....

Am I the only one that wishes for OP to continue after they find the treasure????Am I the only one that think that after that this BIG war will occur???
More then 3 mill copies for volume 57 and we r still far from reaching its END......pure awesomeness!!!

it will continue. i dont think that one piece is just gold and riches. im sure it will be the truth that is hidden in the void century

neuaelr
March 03, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yea' I remember having a discussion with Franckie (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php?u=45522) and mugiwara84 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/member.php?u=64241) about BB vs WB (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2675&page=22)(last couple of pages till Mod intervention). That sure was some straining heated debate. Glad to have a clear answer from ODA on that.
<hr noshade size="1">
Exactly, so basically imo Oda is saying that there is no character around to fight WB fairly.

That's not exactly true, Shanks comes to mind. We don't know how strong Shanks really is, but they did do a little sparing match and their haki split the heavens practically.

Naruffy
March 03, 2010, 04:32 PM
Whitebeard just kicked off the new era. I do believe that by announcing that One Piece is real, a similar event that occured after Roger's death will occur (hopefully)

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 03, 2010, 04:36 PM
Whitebeard just kicked off the new era. I do believe that by announcing that One Piece is real, a similar event that occured after Roger's death will occur (hopefully)

you cant have doubts about it . i mean WB practically was the pirate king after roger died so WB knew about ace from roger he probably told him the name of rouge .

Ruhina
March 03, 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm upset that Blackbeard called himself Whitebeard's "son" even after he killed his own crewmate.
Not only was Whitebeard's death awesome(being that he was standing) but it's kind of sad when you see the only thing he wanted was a family--Oda is getting good at killing people >.>

I find it more disturbing how he's only killing off good guys. Trash like Akainu gets to live but Ace and WB has to die.

Naruffy
March 03, 2010, 04:40 PM
I find it more disturbing how he's only killing off good guys. Trash like Akainu gets to live but Ace and WB has to die.

Relax, Akainu and Blackbeard will get owned (epically) by Luffy in the future.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 03, 2010, 04:47 PM

actually we dont know anything about akainu i mean WB could have killed him . the guy didnt show up .

_AceOfSpades_
March 03, 2010, 04:47 PM
More importantly, what's gonna happen to WB's crew, aka "family"?
Marco turning into the big boss is one option, but do you actually see it happen? Oo
What about some people joining Luffy's crew? haha That would be funny, but is it possible? -_- There are so many changes happening in this war...
And yeah, Akainu gotta live, he has to die a more painful death, or else I won't be satisfied-_-
he's the bastard who killed off Ace after all...

TheMoa
March 03, 2010, 04:49 PM
Come on... akainu was supposed to die too :mad

and a awesome flashback of WB and Roger

RIP WB

roguehavoc
March 03, 2010, 04:51 PM
I wanted Luffy to hear WB's last words but well either way he has a short memory so :p
This era is WHITEBEAAARD!!!
Time skip for Luffy seems to be in the air.

Immo
March 03, 2010, 04:55 PM
So WB could be pirate king if he really wanted to, but he wasnt interested in treasures and fame, all he wanted was family, and he got what he wanted. I think he died happy, and i hope he is now with Ace, hes beloved son, somewhere. For me he already is Pirate King, and his death while still standing is most epic moment in manga history, atleast for me. Im going to make WB mark on my back and i will be proud of it. Yes im serious.

TheMoa
March 03, 2010, 04:55 PM
And yeah, Akainu gotta live, he has to die a more painful death, or else I won't be satisfied-_-
he's the bastard who killed off Ace after all...

The worse part of that is... Akainu will get some hero status, after all he put a end in Roger's bloodline:(

bittman
March 03, 2010, 04:58 PM
No way Akainu would be down for good after that.

Just because Oda has killed two people with names you'll remember, it doesn't mean he's gone on a killing spree. He would not take down a character as big as Akainu without him having last words or something. Oda makes sure every important death that happens, happens the right way. Not this "Oh look here's a guy, oh look he's dead" crap. I would expect, that if a "villain" bit the dust, they would bite it just as dramatically as Ace or Whitebeard.

EDIT: Still loving that you all hate Akainu x)

the6millionbeliman
March 03, 2010, 04:59 PM
I think this clearly does establish Whitebeard as the new Pirate King of sorts. Much like Roger his death will be the fuel for a new era, and he got to have a badass execution in front of the whole world. Really, I hope the end of the manga involves Luffy dying in a similar manner to this 'cause you really can't top these deaths.

_AceOfSpades_
March 03, 2010, 05:00 PM
The worse part of that is... Akainu will get some hero status, after all he put a end in Roger's bloodline:(

Yeah, imagine him being the marine fleet admiral and BB the pirate king Oo then the horror scenario would be perfect ... The losers would be the ordinary people... rofl being surpressed from both sides haha

DLord.Van.Buuren

akainu could be in the bottom of the ocean right now . WB had a killing intent when he quaked him .

No way Akainu would be down for good after that.

Just because Oda has killed two people with names you'll remember, it doesn't mean he's gone on a killing spree. He would not take down a character as big as Akainu without him having last words or something. Oda makes sure every important death that happens, happens the right way. Not this "Oh look here's a guy, oh look he's dead" crap. I would expect, that if a "villain" bit the dust, they would bite it just as dramatically as Ace or Whitebeard.

EDIT: Still loving that you all hate Akainu x)

akainu is good .
but no major loss from marines . its a war it would be normal if he dies .

chess4
the WG alliance had no significant loss, and the WB alliance had two. kinda sucks the WG didnt lose anyone.

DARK
March 03, 2010, 05:06 PM
Chapter is out on Mangastream!
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/576-65/1

the WG alliance had no significant loss, and the WB alliance had two.

Three if one counts Thatch's death as an act of war, considering how the entire scuffle between WB Pirates and the WG was practically started through his death. Not to mention that Whitebeard personally takes Thatch's death as an act of vengeance when he fights against Blackbeard.

kinda sucks the WG didnt lose anyone.

The World Government may have not any real "casualties," but they lost a lot during this battle. Three of their Shichibukai defected. One of the Admirals is currently unconscious. The staff at Impel Down is considered incapicitated at the moment. And let's not forget to mention the COUNTLESS number of Marines that were killed, knocked out, or defeated when this battle started.

Katz
March 03, 2010, 05:17 PM
HAHAH even a more then 1/2 dead WB took BB down like he was nothing, HAHAHAH what en epic way to go out *RIP* Whitebeard

That was easily one of the best send off of any character in any manga to date, damn can't wait to see what happens next.

OdaForPresident
March 03, 2010, 05:22 PM
Epic chapter! And the first clues towards the ´Will of D´ and ´One Piece´ in a long...long time. So reaching Raftel is probably related to being a D and the D´s have something to do with a long lost bloodline. One Piece probably relates to the true history. Many clues to many of the unanswered questions. EPIC! As for the will of D, my guess remains that it is connected to the ´pirates paradise´of the past mentioned by Robin.

Spike Spiegel
March 03, 2010, 05:22 PM
I wanna see an epic timeskip x) I guess now would be the perfect time..