PDA

View Full Version : Theory The "New" Blackbeard Pirates Discussion Thread.

modoki
February 18, 2010, 09:48 PM
I know this thread may not be much now, but in the upcoming one piece chapters, it might be necessary. I'm aware there's plenty of threads similar.

Here is what's gathered so far:

Shiryuu: Chief jailer for impel down, and former lvl 6 prisoner due to past prisoner bloodbath. Shiryuu seems to refer to his sword as a living being and speaks to it like Zoro does.

San Juan Wolf: The biggest giant known in one piece so far, the same size as Marine HQ. He seems to have a playful attitude.
(Personal Opinion: I think he may have eaten a devil fruit to allow him to become a battleship to accompany Blackbeard and crew from Impel Down to war-site or to increase body size.)

Catarina Devon: The most dangerous woman in the pirate age before Robin inherited the title later; due to knowledge, personal power, or something else. As of Chapter 576, Catarina is seen wielding a spear-like weapon. She is on the level of ugliness with Lola. Appearance wise, she doesn't seem to be withered down by old age.

Basco Shot: The second largest member in the Blackbeard crew, behind San Juan Wolf. He is a rather bulky sporting a jester cap and a liquor jug. Combat wise, he is seen using a pistol as a form of combat. Although i suspect that is not his main ability, but what a pirate typically uses. Apparently due to his nickname, he is seen chugging down liquor. His name could be referenced to either Tabasco and or Vasco de gama.

Pizarro:
Not much is known about this individual only except appearance wise. A mustache similar to Whitebeard's only upside-down, an animal-like fur coat, barbarian-like armlets and two necklaces. Like Catarina, this criminal does not seem to be distracted by the effects of old age.
(Confirmed: He may be the individual who dug the complete 5.5 floor of Impel down. With his plated hands being "drills", grabbed a fur coat from one of the jailers, and disappeared. This might be possible judging from the single image of his hands crossed and hidden.)

Update 2/2/10: Based on the scans from chapter 576, he is seen attacking whitebeard with drills for hands,or a machine-gun hand (not clear to notice). That confirms the rumor that he is the same individual Ivankov mentioned.

Update 2/6/10: Although his name is mentioned, his eyes and portions of face resemble that of a type of cat. It's really hard to say at this point what this criminal really is as far as devil fruit user goes, but hopefully the upcoming chapters can shed some new light on this.

http://i45.tinypic.com/15887yo.jpg

kkck
February 18, 2010, 10:03 PM
How is so much known about catarina devon other than what was said by ivankov?

msg
February 19, 2010, 01:05 AM
Caterina Devon - You would'nt wanna mess with her especially when she's having PMS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_syndrome).Hell has no fury liketh a woman scorned...lol:amuseyah i know lame joke.

Anyways i find her sexy.Sexier than that doc kureha or VA tsuru.I wonder what kind of power she have?

ScratchmenApoo
February 19, 2010, 05:15 AM
I don't think San Juan has a Devil Fruit. His nickname Battleship is just given because he is so huge and strong. Because of his size, he can simply carry Blackbeard Pirates through the sea by walking. (assuming in some places the water isn't that deep)
It would be extremely ridiciilous to have a fruit that transforms someone into an object.
What if a human ate it ? That would be a very tiny ship.
That's just his nickname so that's that.

Busco Shot seems to me like a really drunk bashful melee fighter, who just uses power without control.

I'm thinking that Catarina Devon has a fruit that allows her to run very fast. She looks like an agile character, even though she is old now...

The final member has a lot of tribal features, so I'm guessing he is connected to some animal fruit.

Samui
February 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
Impel Down is a massive jail, but it's not big enough to contain such a large prisoner such as San Juan, who is the same size as Marine HQ.
I don't believe there's a Giant bigger than Oars, who is a giant even among Giants. Oars-like Giants are probably the largest ones. I seriously doubt that there is a race of Giants in this insane size like San Juan's. So I'm sure he ate a Devil Fruit.

Organizized
February 19, 2010, 08:54 AM
Since he appeared, I always (possibly wrongfully) assumed San Juan was the same giant as in this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/529/06-07/) page, but considering the size I'm reconsidering. Unless, as some people say, he ate a DF that alters his size but I don't want to go any further into that before we have any other indication of it.

As for Basco Shot... there hasn't been a Drunken Fist-fighter in One Piece yet, has there? It's the best guess I can think of just judging by his appearance/first impression and nickname.

Catarina Devon could be the middle sister of Dr. Kureha and Blackbeard himself..

EDIT:
Oh, and no one mentioned yet the little theory going around that the unknown new member is in fact the tunneler prisoner guy who dug the complete floor 5.5 of Impel Down.

This prisoner was mentioned only two pages earlier than the other prisoners who joined Blackbeard's crew, so it's a possible foreshadowing. It has also been mentioned that his hands look very odd and those things could actually be drills (sorry I can't give credit to who said it since I can't remember), which really seems plausible. He doesn't have a prisoner outfit, but it was said that he created level 5.5 and disappeared a long time ago, so he could have grabbed himself a pimp coat from one of the jailers. or something I don't know. :p

Fox666
February 19, 2010, 09:57 AM
Blackbeard vs Luffy
Doc Q vs Chopper
Van Auger vs Usopp
Shiryu vs Zoro

Those are very obvious, less obvious:

San Juan Wolf vs Franky - This is not that sure, since a giant fighting Franky is not very likely
Lafitte vs Nami (1), Brook (2) - Both Nami and Lafitte are navigator. The bird-man vs Clima Tact? (1) Lafitte keep dancing, a good match for a musician. (2)
Catarina Devon vs Robin - Both are devil woman =P

What is left for Blackbeard pirates is:
Jesus Burgess, Basco Shot, unknow guy and Stronger (horse). Four members.

On the Strawhats side, Brook (or Nami) and Sanji are left. Two members.

Using this as a reference, the Strawhats would still need one crewmate and one animal. Vivi and Carue? Hancock and Salome? Perona and a new pet?

Also, one note is that the level of strength should be noted:
A: Blackbeard and Shiryu
B: The 3 Impel Down level 6 prisoners + unknow guy
C: 4 old crewmates + Stronger

If you remember Ace fight, you may remember this line of Blackbeard: "Jesus, Auger, stay back! You are no match for him!"

Can you imagine Luffy saying to Zoro and Sanji that they are "no match" for Ace? Ace is stronger than them for sure, but not like that. Is other words, that already reflect that Zoro and Sanji will not fight them.

To list Strawhat pirates level:
A: Luffy, Zoro and Sanji
B: Robin
C: Franky and Brook
D: Chopper (not considering berserk mode), Usopp and Nami
*Note that A in Strawhats ≠ A in Blackbeard pirates.

Using this as a reference, Sanji will fight a level 6 prisoner (he will not fight Jesus Burgess, for example). Robin probably too. Not sure about Franky and Brook, but Nami will be left to Lafitte or Van Auger.

Jesus Burgess is hard to define who will match. Sanji look too tough for him. Franky is a huge guy like him, but doesn't match the theme, Franky is a carpenter and Jesus Burgess a Helmsmen. Anyone gonna try judge the next Strawhat based on Jesus Burgess? A big fishman?

"Colossal Battleship" San Juan Wolf doesn't need explanation.

Basco Shot we know almost nothing. He could be a chef, a musician, whatever...

Catarina Devon is the same. She could be chef, musician... I am being sexist matching Robin to her. Wanna try match her with next strawhat member?

And there is not much to say about the unknow guy. Using as a base the theory that he is the tunneling guy, which Strawhat match him?

[hr]

Just as a reference:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8775/sanjuan.png

Samui
February 19, 2010, 11:13 AM
Ilovefoxes, why do you think that Stronger, Doc Q's horse, will fight independently against another Strawhat and not fight along sides with his owner against Chopper? It doesn't seem like Doc Q can walk without his horse (who is as sick as him, LOL).

Saint Markus
February 19, 2010, 11:18 AM
i see a whole new arc coming, where Luffy will have to defeat BB for the title of "Pirate King". would be awesome and the new crew sounds alright.

Organizized
February 19, 2010, 11:27 AM
@Ilovefoxes: Thanks for that picture/comparison.

I also (very quickly, as you can see) added Oars as he is appropriately compared to regular giants' size in the anime.

http://i49.tinypic.com/6pnqro.jpg

Damn, he is a huge son of a-.

Dice
February 19, 2010, 11:37 AM
While Chopper against Doc Q is quite obvious I thought that Chopper might fight the giant while Chopper is in monster point mode. Simply because Chopper is the biggest one of the SH when in this mode and because they seem somewhat similar in their hiding skills :D

Samui
February 19, 2010, 11:39 AM
While Chopper against Doc Q is quite obvious I thought that Chopper might fight the giant while Chopper is in monster point mode. Simply because Chopper is the biggest one of the SH when in this mode and because they seem somewhat similar in their hiding skills :D
Chopper may be big in his Monster Point, but he's not even as big as a Giant. He stands no chance against San Juan.

Fox666
February 19, 2010, 11:47 AM
Chopper is around the size of a giant in his monster form. By the way, Chopper in that form is not just big.

Aphalite
February 19, 2010, 02:04 PM
Pretty sure Lafitte will be against Brooke, both of them have lancer type weapons

I don't know that Luffy will pick up anymore crewmates, even though the BB pirates currently outnumber them, I get the feeling that the stragglers from bb the strawhats don't pick up/fight, either their marine allies (smoker, coby, hancock?) will, or it will be a quick KO by Luffy or Zoro before they fight their real opponents (e.g. Luffy vs. Blueno). The final battle will most likely not be full of 1v1s because Oda doesn't like to rehash or do something so predictable, I think most likely we will see grouped/combination fights of some sort with some characters, such as Nami, Franky, Robin, and maybe Chopper?

Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji will definitely have their own fights, and Usopp will supposedly show down with the sniper, but even that won't be a real fight and might be more of a fight of wits and geography, I feel like Nami would be involved somehow

Bottom line, I think the strawhats have enough members, especially since the story is about to take on a darker and more serious tone, and I don't think such an obvious foreshadowing effort by Oda is going to be as it seems (call me skeptical, but Oda has tricked me more times than I can count for me to believe that in the end, # of strawhats will = # of bbs)

chess4
February 19, 2010, 03:20 PM
Since he appeared, I always (possibly wrongfully) assumed San Juan was the same giant as in this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/529/06-07/) page, but considering the size I'm reconsidering. Unless, as some people say, he ate a DF that alters his size but I don't want to go any further into that before we have any other indication of it.

As for Basco Shot... there hasn't been a Drunken Fist-fighter in One Piece yet, has there? It's the best guess I can think of just judging by his appearance/first impression and nickname.

Catarina Devon could be the middle sister of Dr. Kureha and Blackbeard himself..

EDIT:
Oh, and no one mentioned yet the little theory going around that the unknown new member is in fact the tunneler prisoner guy who dug the complete floor 5.5 of Impel Down.

This prisoner was mentioned only two pages earlier than the other prisoners who joined Blackbeard's crew, so it's a possible foreshadowing. It has also been mentioned that his hands look very odd and those things could actually be drills (sorry I can't give credit to who said it since I can't remember), which really seems plausible. He doesn't have a prisoner outfit, but it was said that he created level 5.5 and disappeared a long time ago, so he could have grabbed himself a pimp coat from one of the jailers. or something I don't know. :p

yes that is him, just look at his arms they look like giant drills. oda usually drops us hints before he introduces a character.

looks like my man frankie will have to turn it up a notch to take him on;)
[hr]

Blackbeard vs Luffy
Doc Q vs Chopper
Van Auger vs Usopp
Shiryu vs Zoro

Those are very obvious, less obvious:

San Juan Wolf vs Franky - This is not that sure, since a giant fighting Franky is not very likely
Lafitte vs Nami (1), Brook (2) - Both Nami and Lafitte are navigator. The bird-man vs Clima Tact? (1) Lafitte keep dancing, a good match for a musician. (2)
Catarina Devon vs Robin - Both are devil woman =P

What is left for Blackbeard pirates is:
Jesus Burgess, Basco Shot, unknow guy and Stronger (horse). Four members.

On the Strawhats side, Brook (or Nami) and Sanji are left. Two members.

Using this as a reference, the Strawhats would still need one crewmate and one animal. Vivi and Carue? Hancock and Salome? Perona and a new pet?

Also, one note is that the level of strength should be noted:
A: Blackbeard and Shiryu
B: The 3 Impel Down level 6 prisoners + unknow guy
C: 4 old crewmates + Stronger

If you remember Ace fight, you may remember this line of Blackbeard: "Jesus, Auger, stay back! You are no match for him!"

Can you imagine Luffy saying to Zoro and Sanji that they are "no match" for Ace? Ace is stronger than them for sure, but not like that. Is other words, that already reflect that Zoro and Sanji will not fight them.

To list Strawhat pirates level:
A: Luffy, Zoro and Sanji
B: Robin
C: Franky and Brook
D: Chopper (not considering berserk mode), Usopp and Nami
*Note that A in Strawhats ≠ A in Blackbeard pirates.

Using this as a reference, Sanji will fight a level 6 prisoner (he will not fight Jesus Burgess, for example). Robin probably too. Not sure about Franky and Brook, but Nami will be left to Lafitte or Van Auger.

Jesus Burgess is hard to define who will match. Sanji look too tough for him. Franky is a huge guy like him, but doesn't match the theme, Franky is a carpenter and Jesus Burgess a Helmsmen. Anyone gonna try judge the next Strawhat based on Jesus Burgess? A big fishman?

"Colossal Battleship" San Juan Wolf doesn't need explanation.

Basco Shot we know almost nothing. He could be a chef, a musician, whatever...

Catarina Devon is the same. She could be chef, musician... I am being sexist matching Robin to her. Wanna try match her with next strawhat member?

And there is not much to say about the unknow guy. Using as a base the theory that he is the tunneling guy, which Strawhat match him?

<hr noshade size="1">

Just as a reference:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8775/sanjuan.png

damn, san juan wolf is huge. if you look at the picture closely u can see the normal giants below. san juan wolf might be bigger than oars jr

modoki
February 19, 2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think San Juan has a Devil Fruit. His nickname Battleship is just given because he is so huge and strong. Because of his size, he can simply carry Blackbeard Pirates through the sea by walking. (assuming in some places the water isn't that deep)
It would be extremely ridiciilous to have a fruit that transforms someone into an object.

http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000068412/03.jpg

He is a fortress or something :o

Fox666
February 19, 2010, 03:37 PM
Capone insides were probably build. =)

Samui
February 19, 2010, 03:48 PM
damn, san juan wolf is huge. if you look at the picture closely u can see the normal giants below. san juan wolf might be bigger than oars jr
He IS bigger than Oars. Oars is alittle bit bigger than two Giants standing on each other.

Lunatic Scream
February 19, 2010, 05:52 PM
Not every match will have to be a one on one duel. Granted I'll agree that some match ups like Zoro v. Shinryu and obviously Luffy v. Blackbeard are a given, but you have to remember the CP9 arc... Blueno was taken out by Luffy, and Usopp technically didn't face anyone.

Schabrak
February 19, 2010, 06:52 PM
How about reading the thread to it's end before posting.... just look some posts above yours.^^ Oars is a human compared to Don Juan, but that size may differ, when you look at the last page of the chapter. There it looks like he is at most double s big as Basco Shot.

chess4
February 19, 2010, 07:07 PM
chopper will have to take on san juan wolf. it chopper can get a hold of his monster form.

Zeltrax
February 19, 2010, 09:40 PM
I've always thought the one being taken out first by SHs will be the wrestler guy.
He's nothing but raw strength, so I'm thinking Luffy can take him out quite easily some point in the manga.
and I'm having doubts about Zoro VS Shiryuu
sure both are swordsman, but shiryuu isn't the first mate . I think Lafitte fits the role of "first mate" well, so I'm going with Zoro VS Lafitte in the future.
Shiryuu will take brooke and sanji will take whoever that is stronger than Shiryuu.
I'm not underestimating him, but the only thing I saw him did was killing a few prison guards. He's strong, but the rest of BB are strong too.
the sniper guy vs Usopp is a must ^^

Poneglyph420
February 19, 2010, 09:51 PM
I've always thought the one being taken out first by SHs will be the wrestler guy.
He's nothing but raw strength, so I'm thinking Luffy can take him out quite easily some point in the manga.
and I'm having doubts about Zoro VS Shiryuu
sure both are swordsman, but shiryuu isn't the first mate . I think Lafitte fits the role of "first mate" well, so I'm going with Zoro VS Lafitte in the future.
Shiryuu will take brooke and sanji will take whoever that is stronger than Shiryuu.
I'm not underestimating him, but the only thing I saw him did was killing a few prison guards. He's strong, but the rest of BB are strong too.
the sniper guy vs Usopp is a must ^^

REALLY...??

Remember in ID Iva said that Shiryuu was as strong as magellan..
Lafitte seems like the navigator or scout not the first mate at all. I'd imagine a dictator like BB really won't need a 1st mate, but Shiryuu is for sure the strongest swordsman in the BB pirates now. Also Doc Q has a sword and I'd expect him and brooke would be more likely to face off.

Sure all the BB pirates are strong, but seriously Shiryuu is piss your pants strong.

bittman
February 19, 2010, 11:57 PM
Pfft, not sure why everyone is doing all these 1 v 1 battles. You think Oda would really draw an arc where it's basically 10 1vs1 battles in a row like some martial arts tournament from an unoriginal manga?

It'll probably end up something like:
Luffy vs Basco Shot
Luffy vs Blackbeard
Ussop + Franky vs Jesus Burgess + Van Auger
Brooke vs Skull Joke
Thousand Sunny vs San Juan
etc

JP_Russell
February 20, 2010, 02:49 AM
Oars is a human compared to Don Juan, but that size may differ, when you look at the last page of the chapter. There it looks like he is at most double s big as Basco Shot.

All you see is part of his face and it alone is bigger than Basco Shot, and Blackbeard and crew are standing on an elevated part of the HQ so they're on high ground, unlike San Juan. And if you look at where on the HQ they're standing, San Juan's head is placed well above it in the panel where you see him peaking around, which means he has to be crouching down behind them for his face to even be in that last shot. He may also have been crouching some already as he peaked around the building - we can't say how tall he actually is yet as we haven't seen a clear depiction of him standing.

kebuenowilly
February 20, 2010, 12:27 PM
mmm... that nameless guy also seems a fishman, for his fangs...
but his hands also seem drills...
So I don't know what to think ¿a drill-fish maybe?

And San Juan is BIG as a mountain. I think he's gonna be the biggest character in OP.
IMO he's too big to have a DF. Otherwise he would be incredible strong. I think his nickname came cause he carried his crew over the sea.

Shit, we have to wait 1 extra week to know more about those characters.

cippy
February 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
Here's a crazy idea: maybe san juan has the size size devil fruit and he wear's something that makes him impermeable to water so he can walk everywhere :D :D :D

You know... cloths get larger with the devil fruit just like in luffy's case.

kkck
February 22, 2010, 11:06 AM
Rather than people traveling in/on san juan wolf, it probably the way around and the guy travels inside BB. I mean, BB could easily use his power to absorb him and carry him around right?

ScratchmenApoo
February 22, 2010, 12:41 PM
I don't remember correctly.. but when Blackbeard sucked in some Impel Down guards/marines and threw them back out again, they were in complete shock and unable to comply... ?

evozoku
February 24, 2010, 11:02 AM
It WOULD be ridiculous for a devils fruit to have the power to turn someone into a man-made object (like San Juan given the power to turn into a ship), but we know it's common for an object to be able to have a DF that turns them into something else! I don't think San Juan has a size fruit (I think Sengoku is more likely to have that ability). What if San Juan was a colossal ship that was given a giant fruit. By being a huge ship, he would have been large enough easily carry other giants. Now imagine that ship can turn into a human, and a giant size form of itself. He could also then double as the Blackbeard crew's ship. Afterall, what ship could otherwise hold San Juan as the Blackbeard pirates sail the ocean. The only problem with this theory is what effect would the sea have on him in ship form? Perhaps as long as he's in ship form and buoyant, he wouldn't sink like other DF users.

Another plausible theory would be that San Juan was a whole frickin' island that was given a DF (San Juan is also the original name of the island that is Puerto Rico). The DF fruit may still need to have been a giant giant fruit though, as Chopper already ate the human human fruit. But in this case, San Juan might be large enough to walk on the ocean floor, since an island would have been tall enough to be attached to the ocean floor and still stick up. The name "Colossal Battleship" would still fit, as he would appear to be a large ship moving across the ocean, though he's really walking.

Naruffy
February 24, 2010, 11:12 AM
What if San Juan was a colossal ship that was given a giant fruit. By being a huge ship, he would have been large enough easily carry other giants. Now imagine that ship can turn into a human, and a giant size form of itself.

But even so that goes against the policy that Devil Fruit's can't swim or use their powers in water.

Umbra Wolf
February 24, 2010, 12:33 PM
Can anybody help where to find a scan which gives the name of BB's crew?
The only scans I find do not give away any details about the new crewmembers.

Gcat88
February 24, 2010, 12:36 PM
there isnt one. this is all guessing!!!

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 24, 2010, 12:53 PM
Can anybody help where to find a scan which gives the name of BB's crew?
The only scans I find do not give away any details about the new crewmembers.
captain : marshall D teach blackbeard
sniper : auger
the horse : stronger
doctor : doc Q
the wrestler : champion
those were mentioned here http:///www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/18-19/
the huge guy : colossal battle ship san juan wolf
the old hag : catarina devon
the drunk guy : mighty drinker busco shot
they were introduced here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/538/12/
shiryuu of the rain was introduced here http:///www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/18-19/
lafitte : http:///www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/09/
the old guy with drills is though to be the founder of level 5.5 iva spoke of him here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/538/10/

LeDuck
February 24, 2010, 01:39 PM
If San Juan Wolf has a DF, which makes him big, why did he bother to use it, if he doesn't want to be spotted? Maybe he is just stupid, but there has to be something, cause ID is way too small for him.

Marche
February 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
It WOULD be ridiculous for a devils fruit to have the power to turn someone into a man-made object (like San Juan given the power to turn into a ship), but we know it's common for an object to be able to have a DF that turns them into something else! I don't think San Juan has a size fruit (I think Sengoku is more likely to have that ability). What if San Juan was a colossal ship that was given a giant fruit. By being a huge ship, he would have been large enough easily carry other giants. Now imagine that ship can turn into a human, and a giant size form of itself. He could also then double as the Blackbeard crew's ship. Afterall, what ship could otherwise hold San Juan as the Blackbeard pirates sail the ocean. The only problem with this theory is what effect would the sea have on him in ship form? Perhaps as long as he's in ship form and buoyant, he wouldn't sink like other DF users.

Another plausible theory would be that San Juan was a whole frickin' island that was given a DF (San Juan is also the original name of the island that is Puerto Rico). The DF fruit may still need to have been a giant giant fruit though, as Chopper already ate the human human fruit. But in this case, San Juan might be large enough to walk on the ocean floor, since an island would have been tall enough to be attached to the ocean floor and still stick up. The name "Colossal Battleship" would still fit, as he would appear to be a large ship moving across the ocean, though he's really walking.Suan juan can't be a ship transformed in human, because that is the Chopper's DF.

Anyways I think than BB intend to crush the WG.

Schabrak
February 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
If San Juan Wolf has a DF, which makes him big, why did he bother to use it, if he doesn't want to be spotted? Maybe he is just stupid, but there has to be something, cause ID is way too small for him.
As if a real lvl 6 prisoner[anybody from BBs crew] would care about someone spotting them. They have all the advantage they can get, being fresh, being strong and laughing about the rest of the world. :P I just got a vicious thought. What if BB used his power too pull al of WBs crew back to the main isle, letting them fall into the pitt. XD

Umbra Wolf
February 24, 2010, 03:10 PM
cthe old guy with drills is though to be the founder of level 5.5 iva spoke of him here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/538/10/
Thanks for the overview. I did not remember the mention of these names (well i did in the back of my head) and I did not connect it immediately with these people

Thanks for clarifying!

Organizized
February 24, 2010, 04:16 PM

To quote another post from another thread:

Look at the size of a Battleship around Impel Down top:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3027/3085098011_a712cbb21f.jpg

San Juan fit in Level 6...

Sure, that doesn't explain how he actually got in there in the first place, but it's prett~~~~y safe to say Impel Down is not too small for him. ;)

evozoku
February 25, 2010, 11:46 AM
But even so that goes against the policy that Devil Fruit's can't swim or use their powers in water.

Not necessarily in this case. If he is naturally a ship, and can't use his giant giant ability in the sea, then that just might mean that he's restricted being a ship that would float on the sea. And it's difficult to even say what exactly the sea does. We see sea stone prevents DF users from using their powers. Okay, that would affect San Juan by keeping him in ship form. But back in the Arlong arc, it just made Luffy unable to swim, and so he sank. His ability however was still functional, as the crew stretched his head out of the water to keep him alive.

But there's two options here with San Juan: 1) He's a giant that is hundreds of times larger than any other giant we have seen. Where the hell did such a giant come from? (also how the hell did he fit inside Impel Down, and what carried him along with BB's crew to Marine Ford? 2) He has a DF ability that allows him to grow to such a size. Now why, if he could be smaller, did he choose to be such a massive size while trying to hide? Maybe he's supposed to be a playful idiot that would do something like that. Maybe he has a DF related to his size but can't control it. This is why I think he may have been a very large object that was given a giant giant zoan fruit. I say he has to have been an already been a very large object because for a human to have had a giant giant fruit, they should only grow to the size of a normal giant. If he was an already huge object and had a giant giant zoan ability, he may became a giant relative to his original size.

I would also like to note that there are likely only two devils fruits that can create a directly size related ability: maybe a size size paramecia, where the user can grow or shrink to any size. The other is a giant giant zoan. We can already suspect that Sengoku has one of these. I have suspected that Sengoku has the size size ability, as being able to grow to any massive size could explain how he could be so strong to be fleet admiral (though if Garp could have been an admiral with no DF ability, Garp would also be more insanely powerful if he could become larger too.)
[hr]

Suan juan can't be a ship transformed in human, because that is the Chopper's DF.

Anyways I think than BB intend to crush the WG.

Read my post further. I pointed out that Chopper has the human human fruit, so San Juan would maybe have the giant giant fruit. What I mean in your quoted line was it would give him a humanoid form, while being a giant based on his original size.
[hr]

Sure, that doesn't explain how he actually got in there in the first place, but it's prett~~~~y safe to say Impel Down is not too small for him. ;)

Impel Down is also a very tall tall structure. Those ships are very far from the panels point of view. Additionally, each ring additional ring's circumference is not much bigger than the ring before it, and there are only 6 rings. We should also, when comparing his size compared to those of the other giants, take into account that the other giants are closer to the foreground of the image. For those that haven't taken this into account, San Juan is even bigger than those giants than it may appear on that page. If he had been kept in level 6, he would have taken up almost the entire level, and I don't know how they got him in there (unless he has a power that allows him to change his size).

ZenoArmani
February 25, 2010, 01:05 PM

Sure, that doesn't explain how he actually got in there in the first place, but it's prett~~~~y safe to say Impel Down is not too small for him. ;)I read an assessment that Juan might be a hundred meters tall though, and I don't see a battleship, so I'm not quite sure anymore if he would fit in the bottom plateau shown in the picture? How high are the "small" stone blocks or windows supposed to be when shown from the inside?

Or was the 6th level shown as even bigger and below the bottom plane here? (Only 5 floors shown underneath the water) I don't remember. About how large have those Sea Kings been in other places?

Schabrak
February 25, 2010, 05:57 PM
Or was the 6th level shown as even bigger and below the bottom plane here? (Only 5 floors shown underneath the water) I don't remember. About how large have those Sea Kings been in other places?
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/onepiece/images/5/56/ID_levels.jpgSeems to be abouve sea-ground-level. At least part as big a lvl 3 and 4 together.
It was never shown how thick those walls really are, when those bullgory or however they are named came from the outside. At least the biggest part of it. The whole discussion about how he got free to leading nowhere till the next chapter or when their escape is shown or told.

chess4
February 25, 2010, 07:49 PM
of the 5 new BB pirates i think at least 2 of them have fruit powers.

shriyuu had wings in invonkovs flashback of him killing ID prisoners.

the guy on the far right has funny arms. i think they are drills and he is the guy who dug level 5.5 in impel down.

san juan probably doesnt have a fruit. devon and busco are up in the air.

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 25, 2010, 08:20 PM
of the 5 new BB pirates i think at least 2 of them have fruit powers.

shriyuu had wings in invonkovs flashback of him killing ID prisoners.

the guy on the far right has funny arms. i think they are drills and he is the guy who dug level 5.5 in impel down.

san juan probably doesnt have a fruit. devon and busco are up in the air.

shiryuu had wings he fly then it starts raining "his water" it would explain why they call him shiryuu of the rain .
THE WINGS ARE PART OF THE UNIFORM.

Sherlock Holmes
February 25, 2010, 08:39 PM
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2981/badhorse.jpg

I think that Bad Horse is the strongest one in there. He is the thoroughbred of sin.

THM Nindo
February 25, 2010, 09:07 PM

I think that Bad Horse is the strongest one in there. He is the thoroughbred of sin.

I don't know about the horse :p
I thought about it, that they're might be some tricks to it, and that he might actually be the 11th members of the BB pirates :tem

But, it can't be a horse turned human (that's Chopper's DF)
and it can't be a human turned horse (that's Pierre's DF)...

So, if he's special, I wonder what it could be...

Fox666
February 25, 2010, 09:53 PM
We can't be sure that he is a horse, he could be a donkey, I don't know...

DARK
February 25, 2010, 10:26 PM

The "Bad Horse's" name is Stronger and considering how he is Doc Q's mobility, you can say that he is an honorary member of the crew.

kkck
February 26, 2010, 12:37 AM
I don't know about the horse :p
I thought about it, that they're might be some tricks to it, and that he might actually be the 11th members of the BB pirates :tem

But, it can't be a horse turned human (that's Chopper's DF)
and it can't be a human turned horse (that's Pierre's DF)...

So, if he's special, I wonder what it could be...

I don't recall any horse DF... was that a filler?

JP_Russell
February 26, 2010, 12:54 AM

There is the horse demon guard in Impel Down (don't remember if that's Pierre or not). The demon guards are awakened devil fruit users, afterall (whatever that's supposed to mean).

Sherlock Holmes
February 26, 2010, 12:58 AM
The "Bad Horse's" name is Stronger and considering how he is Doc Q's mobility, you can say that he is an honorary member of the crew.

No, he's definitely the mastermind behind everything, together with his companions, Dead Bowie, Fake Thomas Jefferson, Fury Leika, Professor Normal, Snake Bite and Tie-tie.

...Am I the only one who watched Dr.Horrible here?

Okay, for people not getting the Bad Horse jokes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g

that's part 1 of act 1. You can find the other parts easily. The whole thing adds up to 45 minutes, and has 3 acts. Watch it, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

minimz
February 26, 2010, 05:08 AM

There is the horse demon guard in Impel Down (don't remember if that's Pierre or not). The demon guards are awakened devil fruit users, afterall (whatever that's supposed to mean).

Pierre is the bird that the Knight of the Sky, in the Skypia arc, rode. It was introduced when they helped the strawhats against the native guy, (most likely) later known as waiper. His fruit is the horse horse fruit, where he can become a winged horse, or lol, a pegasus http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/238/08/

Lord Rayleigh
February 26, 2010, 05:51 AM
No, it was in Skypiea arc : the bird that Gan Forr rides is called Pierre :
http://www.volonte-d.com/zoan/images/pierre01.jpg

He ate a horse DF which makes him be able to turn into a horse and his hybrid form is like Pegasa :
http://www.volonte-d.com/zoan/images/pierre02.jpg

JP_Russell
February 26, 2010, 03:38 PM
Pierre is the bird that the Knight of the Sky, in the Skypia arc, rode. It was introduced when they helped the strawhats against the native guy, (most likely) later known as waiper. His fruit is the horse horse fruit, where he can become a winged horse, or lol, a pegasus http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/238/08/

Ah, right. I wonder what fruit the horse demon guard had, then.

kebuenowilly
February 26, 2010, 06:09 PM
Ah, right. I wonder what fruit the horse demon guard had, then.
Zebra Zebra no mi.

kkck
February 26, 2010, 06:09 PM
Oh, alright, I kinda missed that lol. Long time since I read skypeia arc (never really liked it). So there is a zebra and a horse fruit out there.... I guess it is kinda hard that there would be another horse like creature with any dignity to it (mules and donkeys have none).

Bugzee
February 26, 2010, 06:54 PM
it can't be a human turned horse (that's Pierre's DF)

Dude! Pierre (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Pierre) was initially...just a bird. But, after eating the Horse Horse Fruit he can transform into a horse or a pegasus (because of his bird wings!). ;)

I don't give a damn what anyone says, Stronger has eaten a fricking DF. I can't imagine Stronger being... just a horse lol! :amuse

Maybe, Stronger's DF has a type of healing ability..........:D

kkck
February 27, 2010, 02:31 AM
A horse that can heal? Kinda weird.. he wouldn't even have the minimum necessary smarts to use such a power. Perhaps he isn't actually a horse but a donkey and has that particular DF model.

Fox666
February 27, 2010, 03:29 AM
Dude! Pierre (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Pierre) was initially...just a bird. But, after eating the Horse Horse Fruit he can transform into a horse or a pegasus (because of his bird wings!). ;)

I don't give a damn what anyone says, Stronger has eaten a fricking DF. I can't imagine Stronger being... just a horse lol! :amuse

Maybe, Stronger's DF has a type of healing ability..........:DThat would be weird, seeing Doc Q health situation...

Unless the horse is constantly healing, and Doc Q has a fatal wound and can only survive in constantly contact with the horse... from were does I come up with this theory? :blink

LeKuaSimi
February 27, 2010, 07:13 AM
San Juan Wolf probably was a giant in the first place, that eaten a Size changing DF. As for Sengoku, he probably ate a zoan of an organism that is bigger than him, thus his size increased.

To keep him in Impel Down, he wore Seastone handcuff, which negates his power. Sounds possible?

Anyway, I doubt San Juan Wolf can swim. Just look at the depth of the calm belt, and you will see that it is easy to get sunk in it. Sure, maybe San Juan wolf can move across rivers, but that is only because what is a river to us is a small drain to him.

His name probably came from having the power to match a battleship, of maybe even surviving a buster call.

THM Nindo
February 27, 2010, 10:52 PM

Isn't that exactly what I just said?! :notrust

Anyway, it's quite possible that he ate a DF, but it's certainly not a horse with a human DF, nor a human with a horse DF.

I guess it could be pretty much anything...

Fox666
February 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
As for Sengoku, he probably ate a zoan of an organism that is bigger than him, thus his size increased.A guy named Sengoku who turns in a giant ape, huh...

The only possibility that I can think... but since Sengoku clothes also becomes stole, I don't think so.

urlaub
February 28, 2010, 09:15 AM
Oars Junior is really the size of San juan's face. Monster chopper the size of a finger and Luffy the sixe of half the teeth or finger nail. This makes me think which one is bigger San juan or laboon? Someone could make a photo comparison.

What do you guys think is San juan's next move? He could jongleur with the battleships or make a hat out for himself out of the headquarters. Maybe make the marine giants his pets like hamsters or something. When I was a child I sometimes threw stuff into a ants nest and watched how they suddenly paniced.

The argument someone long ago gave against Sengoku having king kong fruit was that Chopper already has that theme. Or was that against the head admiral kong?

Fox666
February 28, 2010, 11:17 AM
Well, I think that Florian Triangle monster is still bigger:

http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-490-page-4.html

Bugzee
February 28, 2010, 06:17 PM
^ That is what you call a monster lol. Maybe....it's Kaidou's pet. :grin I wouldn't mind seeing how San Juan could fair against that monster.

Marche
March 01, 2010, 05:05 AM
I think than Sengoku ate the DF zoan Giant Giant or the pharamecia fruit "Size Size" similar to that of "Miss. Valentine".
In fact I think than He will fight Suan Juan, while Garp will face BB.

Fox666
March 01, 2010, 05:09 AM
Am I the only one that thinks of a stone Logia? :(

ScratchmenApoo
March 01, 2010, 08:40 AM
So far we haven't seen any logia users change their body size to something completely bigger... I don't think it's even possible. Sengoku turns into Buddha of some sort, so maybe it's one of those mythical zoans, maybe it shows that it doesn't have to be an animal :P. I still think it's a Size paramecia, though.

Fox666
March 01, 2010, 11:09 AM
Just remember Eneru =P

ScratchmenApoo
March 01, 2010, 11:16 AM
Just remember Eneru =P
When did he change his body size, could you point it out please ?

Gats
March 01, 2010, 11:36 AM
BB's latest nakamas are Sanji's new guests for plastic surgery.

I think that's all there is to say.

PS : I also think that Catarina will fight Sanji, she'll be his symbolic challenge, she is a woman and she is ugly.

ZenoArmani
March 01, 2010, 01:58 PM
Ivankov also managed to grow to giant size.

Fox666
March 01, 2010, 03:56 PM
I think it was only his head, don't?

When did he change his body size, could you point it out please ?At the end of the battle. If Sengoku is a stone Logia, he should be able do to the same in his elemental form.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-piece-chapter-298-page-6.html

kkck
March 01, 2010, 04:50 PM
I don't think sengoku is a stone logia. He seems far too solid for that and intangibility is a must for logia users. At the moment rather than a DF I would think it is something like zoro's azura though (it even has a deity theme to it).

Akagami.Shanks
March 01, 2010, 05:05 PM
I have a wild theory: BB can transport himself and his crew using his Blackhole ability. something like the Door-door fruit that blueno has or a similar thing.

BlackHair
March 01, 2010, 05:23 PM
BB's latest nakamas are Sanji's new guests for plastic surgery. LMFAO :smile-big

I have a wild theory: BB can transport himself and his crew using his Blackhole ability. something like the Door-door fruit that blueno has or a similar thing.I don't that is possible. In that case BB would have teleported himself directly to ID, without casuing the ruckus on top.

Now mentioning that Im wondering why BB was back on drum island.

Schabrak
March 01, 2010, 05:25 PM
I have a wild theory: BB can transport himself and his crew using his Blackhole ability. something like the Door-door fruit that blueno has or a similar thing.
Not new. Do you really think, that you would be the first one with that kind of idead after a month and dozens of One Piece obsessed fans?^^ But that would make him just to powerful, having an ability so much better than Kumas, while also having the best mix of a defensive and offensive fruit.

I don't that is possible. In that case BB would have teleported himself directly to ID, without casuing the ruckus on top.

It's hard to teleport to a place never been before... how would someone be able to teleport to a place, when not knowing where it actually is or how the structure is. Teleporting into a mass of stone = death.^^

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 01, 2010, 05:30 PM
Now mentioning that Im wondering why BB was back on drum island.

recruiting doc Q probably . but i dont think so .

Schabrak
March 01, 2010, 05:35 PM
recruiting doc Q probably . but i dont think so .
When described by Dalton, there where 5 shadows shown, but nothing comparable to the horse. Mabe the horse really is the doctor of the crew.^^

Finale
March 01, 2010, 06:18 PM

Stronger has the mythical Unicorn zoan that gives him the power to heal. Im being facetious but knowing Oda you never know.

Moses911
March 01, 2010, 06:31 PM
Well we all know that blackbeard isn't just at marineford to see whitebeard off to the underworld. THe question is, just how much pwnage can we expect from that crew? I mean just look at what they're up against. This is my biggest problem with oda, he hates killing people, maybe its because he's afraid that he could use them later...i dont know. but its ridiculous that the marines have lost mayber 40,000 men but no admirals or shicibukai. THe pirates came with mayber 30,000 and lost just about 90% of their forces and yet not a single commander has been killed. Hell whitebeard got a magma facial but he's still standing. What can the blackbeard pirates possibly do when the marines have barely lost any important people?

Bugzee
March 01, 2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe, the guy who we suspect to have the tunneling ability is actually Roche Tomson?? He was listed as a level 5 prisoner?? :blink Just a thought....

kkck
March 02, 2010, 12:41 AM
I still wonder how exactly BB made the preparations for his crew. I mean, he quit from WB's crew, gathered his first original members and then he suddenly traveled to ID and gathered a bunch of misfits who willingly joined him? I get the impression that while BB was on WB's crew he made contact with all of the people currently on his crew and through some sort of agreement he managed to get them on his crew.

Gcat88
March 02, 2010, 09:22 AM
AND he probably already knew those guys that were in ID since they hated WB.

urlaub
March 02, 2010, 10:21 AM
it has been predicted and would be shurely fun. You see BB rawing on a lonely little boat and then suddenly, San Juan pops out. Would be like hiding the marine HQ building. Maybe BB took ID with him?

modoki
March 03, 2010, 02:48 AM
first post updated with new info

THM Nindo
March 08, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hey, I just thought of something...
I know we already discussed San Juan possibly being a boat, or a Giant that ate a Boat Devil Fruit, or somethings like that.

But, I just thought, that maybe, he was simply their boat...
I mean... the hop on his back and he swim through the ocean...

If he's that big, that shouldn't be a problem for him...

Schabrak
March 09, 2010, 04:27 AM
But, I just thought, that maybe, he was simply their boat...
I mean... the hop on his back and he swim through the ocean...

Don't want to sadden you, but that was said dozen of times already, so not something new to discuss. Coming with that kind of idea this late must be a joke.

Marche
March 09, 2010, 05:59 AM
San Juan could not transform in boat, because only recently Vegapunk knew as doing that, and SJ for several years (perhaps for decades) was imprisoned in ID.
Perhaps he could do "the boat" with his "normal" state, but we know by this chapter than this could not happened.
In fact http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/576/04/ that is clearly a ship.
I was thinking than BB with his DF could suck SJ and also the other nakama, excepted for Pizarro.
So Pizarro could make a tunnel under the sea and evade by ID, but this image annuls this possibility.
Perhaps anyways SJ (only SJ) could be sucked by BB dark, so the other member of BB crew could embark on the ship without problems.

THM Nindo
March 09, 2010, 09:07 AM
Don't want to sadden you, but that was said dozen of times already, so not something new to discuss. Coming with that kind of idea this late must be a joke.

AH, okay...
I haven't read the whole thread.

I thought the general idea was that he was an actual boat like this : http://gadgetscrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/radio-control-pirate-ship-boat.jpg

Not that it's impossible for him to have eaten a DF fruit, but I thought the possibiity that they were simply on him as he swim might be more possible.
But, if it was already discussed, then... too bad. :tem
[hr]

San Juan could not transform in boat, because only recently Vegapunk knew as doing that, and SJ for several years (perhaps for decades) was imprisoned in ID.
Perhaps he could do "the boat" with his "normal" state, but we know by this chapter than this could not happened.
In fact http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/576/04/ that is clearly a ship.
I was thinking than BB with his DF could suck SJ and also the other nakama, excepted for Pizarro.
So Pizarro could make a tunnel under the sea and evade by ID, but this image annuls this possibility.
Perhaps anyways SJ (only SJ) could be sucked by BB dark, so the other member of BB crew could embark on the ship without problems.

You're totally right...
It seems that in the end, they really did came on a marine ship...

Which makes me wonder how the fuck did someone as big as him stayed unnoticed?!
Either he was swimming under the ship, or he has the power to shrink.

Marche
March 09, 2010, 09:14 AM
AH, okay...
I haven't read the whole thread.

I thought the general idea was that he was an actual boat like this : http://gadgetscrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/radio-control-pirate-ship-boat.jpg

Not that it's impossible for him to have eaten a DF fruit, but I thought the possibiity that they were simply on him as he swim might be more possible.
But, if it was already discussed, then... too bad. :tem
<hr noshade size="1">

You're totally right...
It seems that in the end, they really did came on a marine ship...

Which makes me wonder how the fuck did someone as big as him stayed unnoticed?!
Either he was swimming under the ship, or he has the power to shrink.I have already said this in the two lastest line of my last post in this thread.

Fox666
March 09, 2010, 11:44 AM
When you see that ship in front of the gates of justice, the baloon says ""It would appear that this worked to the advantage of certain other parties, as well..." won't that ship being Luffy?

modoki
March 09, 2010, 08:20 PM
the part that confuses me about this is how did Blackbeard's crew get a hold of a ship when jimbei destroyed all prior to leaving?

kkck
March 09, 2010, 11:36 PM
What surprises me is how san juan was moved around. The BB pirates arrived to marineford on a marine vessel -jimbei did not destroy all of them-how in the world did san juan get there without the marines noticing? I think the guy simply travelled inside of BB with the help of the darkness thing.

Poneglyph420
March 09, 2010, 11:42 PM
I have already said this in the two lastest line of my last post in this thread.

What surprises me is how san juan was moved around. The BB pirates arrived to marineford on a marine vessel -jimbei did not destroy all of them-how in the world did san juan get there without the marines noticing? I think the guy simply travelled inside of BB with the help of the darkness thing.

Did San Juan arrive via BB's darkness "dimension"..???
:amuse

Charlie
March 10, 2010, 12:50 AM

Thats a good question. I had the same thought and came to the same probable answer as kkck and you did.

THM Nindo
March 11, 2010, 03:45 PM

It's possible.. but wouldn't that make BB's DF a bit too much like Madara's power from Naruto?!

Pyrus
March 12, 2010, 05:20 AM
I'd like to think that San Juan simply swam along with Blackbeard's ship, and the marines did not notice him because they were preoccupied with the war Whitebeard.

A reason why I dislike Blackbeard being able to store San Juan in his black dimension thing (and giants with shrinking devil fruits), is that it lessens the impact of San Juan being a super giant if he's only a giant when it's convenient for the story.

Razh
March 12, 2010, 04:59 PM
So far, everything that got sucked into Blackbeard's black hole ended up either thrashed or severely beaten. San Juan seems fine to me.

Cooky42
March 13, 2010, 10:14 AM
Colossal Battleship San Juan Wolf Alots already been said about this guy so i have nothing new to really say about him thats not already been said. Thinking about it further though he is the biggest and most likely the strongest physicaly out of all the BB pirates though he does appear to be quite child in nature possibly making him only a minor threat until he gets hurt and throws a tantrum ?

Crescent Moon Hunter Catalina Devon I think she will not have a devil fruit similar to zoro, I think her name possibly comes from her attacks with her spear maybe having an attack similar (in shape at least) to ichigos "Getsuga Tenshō"
Also the nose interests me makes me think she could be some relation to Ussop as that family seems to have the market cornered on huge noses in OP. Possibly Ussops grandmother on his mothers side.

The Great Drunk Busco Shot My first thought on this guy is maybe he uses drunken fist which i think has also been previously mentioned in this thread but then i thought what if hes a Alchohol man maybe having i dont know the Rum Rum no mi logia and turn himself into alchol. Thinkin about this surely he would be drunk all the time if he could turn his body into alchol it could also be pretty useful for getting your enemies drunk and making it more difficult for them to fight.

Corrupt King Abalo Pizarro Seems to be the man who drilled out level 5.5 in ID though it only seems that he has drill hands and could have some kind of drill drill no mi which could be a very handy ability to have. Or it could be that he just uses drills as a weapon either way could be very deadly.

Shiryuu Of The Rain We at least have a bit of history for this guy hes known to be sadistic and will kill anyone. He talks to his sword and treats it as a person so maybe hes a sword man for zoro to take down. When we first see him he appears to have devil wings coming from his back no if this was part of his outfit when he was a prison guard so as to appear more demonic like Magellan or it could be part of his abilites maybe a dark version of zoros techniques (i forgot the name sorry where he appears to have nine swords).

firework
March 13, 2010, 10:01 PM
How would you guys rank BB's crew in overall battle prowess?

For me its:

1 San Juan Wolf (for now, though i think BB will overcome him soon)
2 BB (was Shiryuu, but latest chapter changes things)
3 Shiryuu
4 Drill Hand Guy
5 Devil Lady
6 Jesus
7 Sniper
8 Lafitte
9 whoever i forgot

Fox666
March 13, 2010, 11:43 PM
Blackbeard
Shiryu
San Juan Wolf
Pizarro
Catalina Devon
Basco Shot
Van Auger
Lafitte
Shinigami Doc. Q
Jesus Burgess
Stronger

ScratchmenApoo
March 16, 2010, 10:37 AM
Size only makes San Juan be a bigger target...I'll list them by the overall battle power not just pure strength:
1.Blackbeard
2.Shiryuu
3-5.Busco Shot
3-5.Catalina Devon
3-5.Abalo Pizarro
6.Van Auge
7.Laffite
8.San Juan Wolf
9.Jesus Burgess
10.Doc Q/Stronger

Uriel
March 17, 2010, 02:31 PM
Let me see....

1.Blackbeard
2.Shiryuu
3.Abalo Pizarro
4.Busco Shot
5.Laffite
6.Van Auge
7.San Juan Wolf
8.Catalina Devon
9.Jesus Burgess
10.Doc Q/Stronger

Poneglyph420
March 18, 2010, 01:00 AM
Some of the people you guys are rating still haven't done much but a few shots here and there, especially the new recruits. Sure they are all strong especially the new guys. I'm suspecting that BB and Shiryuu will be the analog of Luffy and Zoro. so that's pretty obvious but past there, no freaking clue.
I'm not sure on what basis we can rate people we haven't seen perform.

However I'm more interested in what kind of loyalty really exists here..
Shiryuu said right out "do we disband" if BB fails.. And the whole BB crew showed some joy from the feat accomplished..
So I bet they are scary strong, but the stronger they are, the more likely they end up betraying BB IMO...

Truefan21
March 19, 2010, 03:24 AM
If BB is anything like luffy (since they seem to believe in the dreams of pirates) he may have the ability to make friends like luffy. When we first saw him, he encouraged luffy which shows that there was a form of respect

Cooky42
March 19, 2010, 09:46 AM
I dont think that BB is anything like luffy in that sense i think they do share the same sort of dream but have very different ways of going about it.

Using the crews as an example, when Luffy has gained new crew members for the most part of it its been by chance and they have always been people with strong beliefs, and the SH would never kill out threaten people to get their dreams accomplished. Where as BB has shown that he will go to any means to gather "Strong" people such as deafeting ace to become Warlord so as to be able to get into ID to gain these legendary criminals, the whole crew has also shown a willingness to kill so who knows what else they are capable of the polar opposite of the SH crew. Also where as the strawhats would not betray luffy i cant say the same for the new members of BB crew (the original members who knows really) because at the moment they owe BB for busting them out of ID but once they debt has been repaid who knows where there loyaltys with lie ?

There are other comparisons to be made between luffy and black beard but they arnt for this thread.

Truefan21
March 19, 2010, 01:10 PM
If someone save me from death row I would loint heir crew. Also BB's and luffy are alike they both broke into impel down to release a prisoner or prisoners.
BB's seemed to have specifically looked for the legendary pirates which shows that it was not random. So what if they show a willingness to kill does this mean they are incapable of respect look at eustace kid and his crew they slaughter, this does not mean that they lack respect.

Poneglyph420
March 19, 2010, 02:07 PM
If BB is anything like luffy (since they seem to believe in the dreams of pirates) he may have the ability to make friends like luffy. When we first saw him, he encouraged luffy which shows that there was a form of respect

For sure both BB and Luffy carry the dreams of pirating in their deeds but differently..

Luffy carries his dream outwardly, inspiring others to believe in what would have been impossible. Luffy also in his dreams is the protection and benefit of others.

BB IMO looks inwardly at himself and at his own ability. Where Luffy leads without leading, by example... BB depends on power, intimidation and fear.
If Luffy failed in a task would his crew disband?????
Doubt it.

Luffy and BB are like polar opposites (or like the light and dark side of the force.. fellow SW heads..)

Lord Rayleigh
March 19, 2010, 02:30 PM
If BB is anything like luffy (since they seem to believe in the dreams of pirates) he may have the ability to make friends like luffy.
Do you really think Blackbeard has such an ability ? First of all, there were only two people who showed such an ability in One Piece, and it was Ace and Luffy.
And most of all, I'd better say this is the contrary with Blackbeard and that he turns everyone he meets into his enemy. Indeed, you're either his nakama or someone that hates him. What he's just said about his era of darkness meant he declared the war to the whole world : the World Government, the RA (through what he said he'd do to civilians) and the New World pirates.

RichardMNixon
March 19, 2010, 03:01 PM
Man, no love for Jesus? I would be pretty disappointed if his old crew was way lamer than the newbies, I thought of Jesus, Laffite, Doc Q and van Auger as the scum he found hiding in the dark corners of the Earth, not fit for civilized society. They're every bit as recklessly confident as he is, they've got to have something to back it up. Tsuru knew Laffite immediately.
I agree Blackbeard and Shiryuu are the two top dogs but I don't think we should count out his original crew. They did effortlessly sack an entire kingdom.
[hr]

Do you really think Blackbeard has such an ability ? First of all, there were only two people who showed such an ability in One Piece, and it was Ace and Luffy.
And most of all, I'd better say this is the contrary with Blackbeard and that he turns everyone he meets into his enemy. Indeed, you're either his nakama or someone that hates him. What he's just said about his era of darkness meant he declared the war to the whole world : the World Government, the RA (through what he said he'd do to civilians) and the New World pirates.

No, I think it is similar but directed towards different people. Luffy didn't make friends with Kuro or Arlong. Luffy's friends are dreamers who value friendship and freedom. Judging especially by Shiryuu's joining, I'd say Blackbeard has the same affinity but for people who value greed and power. Shiryuu saw something in him at ID, even after he nearly died.

kkck
August 20, 2010, 05:56 PM
I have a question for everyone. How do you think BB's older crewmembers compare to the new ones? I think the initial impression we all had was that the old crewmembers would be people comparable to the strawhats in strength given what we have seen from them, mainly in the fight against ace where BB was the only one who could have done something against him. On the other hand, from what we have seen there does not seem to be a difference in the way they address each other and even in the way they all seemed about as remarkable. Above all, BB mentioned bonney was too weak to be a BB pirate. This would suggest BB has somewhat reasonable standards as to whom he allows to join his crew except that in this case one of the supernovas of the world would seem to be fodder to them. Would the old crewmembers be of the same caliber as the new ones even though the new ones are considered so dangerous the very thought of one of them could mean the end of a country?

Wisshard
August 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
Blackbeard's strength is not stagnant, he's progressing as One Piece goes on, so why wouldn't his original crew members grow as well? Ace may have been more than a handful for them at that time, but I'd expect that by the end they have grown stronger just like their captain. (Though we have very little feats by them, so their growth wouldn't be really noticeable...)

kkck
August 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
I know they can grow stronger but if the initial assumption that they were of the same caliber of the strawhats is vaguely correct then their growth has been unreasonably fast. I mean, BB current crew members should be top tier considering they were in level six and they were considered among the most dangerous prisoners there. In that sense, catching up to them is by no means a small feat, that'd mean each of BBs crewmembers should be thought of in the same way you'd think of an admiral, VA, shichibukai or WB commander.

DARK
August 20, 2010, 11:33 PM
The "older" members of the Blackbeard Pirates are not to be messed with.

Lafette managed to infiltrate the World Government building at Mariejois unnoticed.

Auger was also able to successfully snipe off a bird from such a large distance (islands away) from the Straw Hats.

Blackbeard must have high standards for those who he wants to join his crew. Even after going to Level 6, Blackbeard ordered that the criminals would kill each other and those that survived can "go on to freedom."

Blackbeard turned down Bonney with 140 million berri yet still kept Doc Q and Stronger around (who are very sick).

The "newer" members are more feared because they were freed from Impel Down, but the "older" crewmates are not to be messed with either. Even if they have not done anything extraordinary yet individually, these crewmates are still very dangerous and experts at what they can do.

RezzieThaRapper
August 21, 2010, 12:54 AM
Personally I think Basco Shot has a Rum Rum Parmecia fruit, and not a logia... he can get you drunk with it... and at the same time he will fight drunk, but will be deadly good with it...

He is like the perfect enemy for Nami, who seems immune to alcohol poisoning... I mean she didn't even look tipsy at Buggy's or Whiskey Peak... He could be to Nami, what Perona was to Usopp, a seemingly broken character, who only one of the weaker ones can defeat...

Wisshard
August 21, 2010, 03:08 AM
^I think Vasco is sort of a cook, and uses the legendary Drunken Kenpo, so I'm rooting for Sanji to put an end to the freaky-nosed man...

I know they can grow stronger but if the initial assumption that they were of the same caliber of the strawhats is vaguely correct then their growth has been unreasonably fast. [...]
It's also possible that the Jesus Burgess and Augur simply lacked Haki at that point, which was why Blackbeard told them that they couldn't handle Ace.

Though I'm not sure if everyone on Blackbeard's crew will be stronger than Ace, who was strong enough to be offered a Shichibukai (and a WB commander) position...

kkck
August 24, 2010, 09:57 PM
Wonder if BB could get yet a third DF power..... We have no idea of how he got 2 in the first place, that is true, but it'd be interesting if he could get a third. Right now BB posseses a logia said to be unique among them and a paramecia which was stated by oda to be the strongest among them. So basically, the one thing that is left is a zoan fruit. A zoan fruit would be an enormous boost for BB IMO. Zoan are among DFs the type that provides the best offensive capacities (or something along the lines of that) so someone like BB could greatly benefit from it. It'd exponentially increase his physical capacities, his reflexes (which would be a huge deal considering BBs weak defenses) and who knows what else. BB mentioned his darkness fruit made him even take more damage than usual when he fought ace, having an improved body would do wonders. The increase in physical capacities could perhaps also increase the destructive capacity of his other 2 powers.

Aikidoka
August 24, 2010, 11:07 PM
Auger and Burgess not being able to handle Ace doesn't necessarily have to do with power levels. Remember Ace is a Logia, living flame, and all Logias we've seen so far have had to be hurt through a specific weakness (Crocodile and water) or through Haki - neither of which the lack directly indicates a low power level.

Lord Rayleigh
September 26, 2010, 04:50 PM
My bet on the Straw Hat Pirates vs. the Blackbeard Pirates :
Luffy vs. Teach
Zoro vs. Shiliew
Nami vs. Vasco Shot
Ussop vs. Van Augur
Sanji vs. Lafitte
Chopper vs. Sanjuan Wolf
Robin vs. Catarina Devon
Brook vs. Doc Q/Stronger
Fishman SH vs. Jesus Burgess

I think we will all agree that Luffy, Zoro and Ussop's opponents are unavoidable. Anyway, I think among the other " obvious " fights, we could have some surprises, and that's why I've bet on my own opponent list. I also thought about doing that after I read someone'signature about the Straw Hat and Blackbeard Pirates fighting - I don't remember the MH person. It was great so I decided to have my own ideas about it.

I think that Chopper won't fight Doc Q even if he is a doctor because he would more useful against Sanjuan Wolf. His Monster Point would be the solution against he biggest creature ever born.

The gentleman battle between Brook and Lafitte would be great but I think that Lafitte is too strong for Brook. I know that his look and his ability to affect people make us think about Brook and his ability to affect people with music but I rank Lafitte just behind Teach and Shiliew in terms of strenght, and that's why I bet on Sanji beating him. I also think that Lafitte's unknown Devil Fruit is amazing and have terrible powers. I won't be surprised if it was one of the few mythological zoans.

Instead, I've decided to make Brook fight Doc. Q because the doctor's weapon is unusual and it would clash very well against Brook's stick. I've also remembered that Doc. Q has a horse called Stronger and that Oda associated Brook to the Horse in a SBS. Doc Q also looks like a dying man, and fights with a sickle, so this death theme leads to the Dead Straw Hat, the Joke Skeleton.

About Jesus Burgess, I think that he's the typical guy with super human strenght, who only uses his amazing raw strenght to beat his foe. So, as I think the Straw Hat Pirates will get a last member on Fishman Island, the last place before New World, this future character would be great to fight against him. After all, fishman are said to be 10 times stronger than humans from birth.

Catarina Devon just looks evil and Robin is seen as the demon from Ohara so I believe that they will fight. There is also the fact that Robin has always been making fun of Usopp's nose - calling him Nagahana-kun all the time - so I find it great as a conclusion to make her confront this long nosed woman.

And finally, I thought about Vasco Shot for Nami because I think his alcohol would allow him to resist Nami's Thunder Tempo and that would give her an handicap. I also like the idea that she will fight a big fat man : that would make her look fragile against an opponent much bigger than her who could crush her easily. It would be a bit like in Arabasta when she was fighting against Miss Doublefinger. Thus she would have to be extremely careful and use all her intelligence to find a weakness and beat him.

chess4
September 26, 2010, 05:45 PM
Luffy vs. Teach
Zoro vs. Shiliew
Nami vs. Vasco Shot
Ussop vs. Van Augur
Sanji vs. Lafitte
Chopper vs. Sanjuan Wolf
Robin vs. Catarina Devon
Brook vs. Doc Q/Stronger

I think we will all agree that Luffy, Zoro and Ussop's opponents are unavoidable. Anyway, I think among the other " obvious " fights, we could have some surprises, and that's why I've bet on my own opponent list. I also thought about doing that after I read someone'signature about the Straw Hat and Blackbeard Pirates fighting - I don't remember the MH person. It was great so I decided to have my own ideas about it.

I think that Chopper won't fight Doc Q even if he is a doctor because he would more useful against Sanjuan Wolf. His Monster Point would be the solution against he biggest creature ever born.

The gentleman battle between Brook and Lafitte would be great but I think that Lafitte is too strong for Brook. I know that his look and his ability to affect people make us think about Brook and his ability to affect people with music but I rank Lafitte just behind Teach and Shiliew in terms of strenght, and that's why I bet on Sanji beating him. I also think that Lafitte's unknown Devil Fruit is amazing and have terrible powers. I won't be surprised if it was one of the few mythological zoans.

Instead, I've decided to make Brook fight Doc. Q because the doctor's weapon is unusual and it would clash very well against Brook's stick. I've also remembered that Doc. Q has a horse called Stronger and that Oda associated Brook to the Horse in a SBS. Doc Q also looks like a dying man, and fights with a sickle, so this death theme leads to the Dead Straw Hat, the Joke Skeleton.

About Jesus Burgess, I think that he's the typical guy with super human strenght, who only uses his amazing raw strenght to beat his foe. So, as I think the Straw Hat Pirates will get a last member on Fishman Island, the last place before New World, this future character would be great to fight against him. After all, fishman are said to be 10 times stronger than humans from birth.

Catarina Devon just looks evil and Robin is seen as the demon from Ohara so I believe that they will fight. There is also the fact that Robin has always been making fun of Usopp's nose - calling him Nagahana-kun all the time - so I find it great as a conclusion to make her confront this long nosed woman.

And finally, I thought about Vasco Shot for Nami because I think his alcohol would allow him to resist Nami's Thunder Tempo and that would give her an handicap. I also like the idea that she will fight a big fat man : that would make her look fragile against an opponent much bigger than her who could crush her easily. It would be a bit like in Arabasta when she was fighting against Miss Doublefinger. Thus she would have to be extremely careful and use all her intelligence to find a weakness and beat him.

this is what i think

luffy vs BB

zoro vs shilew

sanji vs burgess

usopp vs van auger

brook vs doc q/stronger

frankie vs corrupt king

robin vs ms devon

nami vs lafite

fishman vs vasco shot

the 1st 4 fights are obvious. i see the fishman fighting vasco shot because i think vasco is a drunken boxing master and the fishman will use fishman karate.

i think nami will fight lafite because, well lafite is the most femine crewman out side of ms devon

robin and ms devon will be great, two of the most feared women in the world.

frankie and the corrupt king because i think he has metal drills on the end of his hand and frankie is a cyborg.

brrok and doc q are the odd men out, so i see them fighting.

chopper will gain an advance monster point and be able to fight san juan wolf

BlackSword
September 26, 2010, 11:47 PM
Just a thought... If someone was smart they would just hit BB with like everything they have in the first punch. He never blocks or dodges cause he needs to get hit to use his DF ability... Imo his biggest weakness is if he gets killed with the first attack its over. Ace lost cause he didn't know what BBs ability was. If gone all out from the start it would have probably turned out different...

kkck
September 27, 2010, 12:11 AM
BB has poor defenses but I doubt taking him out would be so easy as to simply go all out from the start. BB is also a reasonably sharp guy, I would think in general he could react appropriate to a strong attack. Considering he has the quake fruit and darkness to absorb anything, I don't think it would be a simple matter to simply land an attack on the guy even if the attack in question is absurdly powerful. Lets also remember BB took WB's quake to the head and he still lived and fought on even grounds with someone of the likes of sengoku.

BlackSword
September 27, 2010, 01:02 AM
True... Bastard is like the Rocky of One Piece... No matter how much you beat him up he keeps getting back up. Lol!

Captain golddigger
September 27, 2010, 06:06 AM
Luffy vs. Teach
Zoro vs. Shiliew
Nami vs. Vasco Shot
Ussop vs. Van Augur
Sanji vs. Lafitte
Chopper vs. Sanjuan Wolf
Robin vs. Catarina Devon
Brook vs. Doc Q/Stronger

what about franky?

Lord Rayleigh
September 27, 2010, 11:35 AM
this is what i think

luffy vs BB

zoro vs shilew

sanji vs burgess

usopp vs van auger

brook vs doc q/stronger

frankie vs corrupt king

robin vs ms devon

nami vs lafite

fishman vs vasco shot

the 1st 4 fights are obvious. i see the fishman fighting vasco shot because i think vasco is a drunken boxing master and the fishman will use fishman karate.

i think nami will fight lafite because, well lafite is the most femine crewman out side of ms devon

robin and ms devon will be great, two of the most feared women in the world.

frankie and the corrupt king because i think he has metal drills on the end of his hand and frankie is a cyborg.

brrok and doc q are the odd men out, so i see them fighting.

chopper will gain an advance monster point and be able to fight san juan wolf

How I could forget the idea that Vasco Shot was a drunk master ?! We already talked about him getting this fighting style on Mangahelpers. For those who did not get it, see the video on Youtube of the drunk master with Bruce Lee. Thus the fishman fighting him really makes sense as you said. If I change that in my list, that would make Nami fight Burgess, who is also a big guy, so that would be fine. Also Burgess being a helmsman, that would be great to see him fighting Nami the navigator.

For the same reasons I said on my post, I can't see Nami dealing with someone like Lafitte who looks like an amazing beast.

what about franky?
I somehow deleted a line. Well, I obviously thought he would fight the Blackbeard Pirate that I also erased : Avalo Pizzaro. I also thought about him because of his drills. I think he is the prisoner who has created LVL 5.5. After all, he is the only one among Teach's news nakama - with the exception of Shiliew - who did not wear the Impel Down outfit.

So finally, that would make Monkey D. Luffy vs. Marshall D. Teach
Roronoa Zoro vs. Shiliew
Nami vs. Jesus Burgess
Usopp vs. Van Augur
Sanji vs. Lafitte
Tony Tony Chopper vs. Sanjuan Worf
Nico Robin vs. Catarina Devon
Franky vs. Avalo Pizarro
Brook vs. Doc. Q/Stronger
Fishman SH vs. Vasco Shot

Ustegius
September 27, 2010, 11:53 AM
I like your post, though I still feel like Brook vs. Lafitte. Not because gentleman theme (heck, Lafitte isn't even gentleman, he was mentioned to be cruel ex-cop), but because there is 'lightness' theme. Lafitte has wings, Brook has a light body, which has been mentioned several times. I don't know how'd it work out in a fight but anyways. Though I also think that Lafitte is the third biggest player fro BB's crew, so he is too much for Brook.

So I predict he first beats Brook, whose moves to fight Doc Q while Sanji takes on Lafitte. Or something. I don't think the match-ups will be really straight forward.

And finally, I thought about Vasco Shot for Nami because I think his alcohol would allow him to resist Nami's Thunder Tempo and that would give her an handicap.

Also the fact, that Nami has been showed having great tolerance for alchohol.

frontaLobotomy
September 27, 2010, 12:56 PM
I gotta say, I'm leaning in the direction of the entire Straw Hat Pirates, maybe even the Sunny as well, to have to take on Wolf. He's just so damn huge! Even in Monster Point, Chopper wasn't a large as, say, Oars and Wolf is even bigger than that. I think Teach will add one more member to his crew as he travels the New World, and they'll be strong. Making for a possible/probable set of one v ones if/when Luffy adds a new member to the crew.

I hope to see more of the Blackbeard Pirates, they're an interesting bunch, and are going after One Piece. I'm guessing we won't learn how Teach managed to acquire two Devil Fruit powers until he fights Luffy, but there is a battle between him and Shanks that I hope we get to see.

chess4
September 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
@lord rayleigh......i think nami would not fair to well against burgess. their fighting styles are way 2 different.

drsckarasu
September 28, 2010, 01:00 AM
StrawHats pirates against BlackBeard pirates:
1. Monkey D. Luffy vs. Marshall D. Teach
2. Roronoa Zoro vs. Shiliew
3. Nami vs. Lafitte (Because Oda say, that Lafitte is navigator)
4. Usopp vs. Van Augur
5. Tony Tony Chopper vs. Doc.Q/Stronger
The rest positions is unclear, because Oda gave us not enough information.

Wisshard
September 28, 2010, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=frontaLobotomy;2093046]I gotta say, I'm leaning in the direction of the entire Straw Hat Pirates, maybe even the Sunny as well, to have to take on Wolf. [QUOTE]
Well, at least I expect Luffy to be regarded as the strongest man in the world after he has defeated Blackbeard, and it would be anti-climatic if Luffy has to gang up on a guy with his whole crew to take him out...

Soka
October 31, 2010, 11:47 PM
IMO its quite clear that there could be 2 inteesting fights for Franky:

Vs Vasco Shot : It would be the fight liquor vs cola - alcohol vs coffein
Additionally I think Vasco can "shoot" too with burning liquor so both could use beams

VS: San Juan : I know most people think a controllable monster point is the key to his height but if hes really that big than it wont matter if its Sanji or Chopper.
My guess is that there is a slight possibility that Franky will someday merge with the Sunny to form a Lionheaded Megazord
This idea is also supported by the manga if the translation is correct
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/55133868/16

chess4
November 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
i think that the Blackbeard Pirates will be a pretty big crew when we see them again. with the orignal 10 members being the leaders of the crew. i think teach will be the new yonkou and the be the one thaat takes over BB's section of the new world. they will be a crew of thugs doing whatever they want 2.

teach has 2 of the strongest fruits that we have seen in one piece so far. im sure after 2 years he has gained full control over his fruit powers.

Channy
November 26, 2010, 07:32 PM
I don't think that Blackbeard will have a big crew i think hes a man that would get a small crew and like it that way because he spent a good amount of time on Whitebeard's ship and maybe he wants to do something different than Whitebeard because during the Marineford Arc he said to Whitebeard there was a time where i looked to you to Whitebeard so i think he wants to be different from Whitebeard in all ways besides having his DF but to conclude i think Blackbeard wants a small crew

chess4
November 26, 2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think that Blackbeard will have a big crew i think hes a man that would get a small crew and like it that way because he spent a good amount of time on Whitebeard's ship and maybe he wants to do something different than Whitebeard because during the Marineford Arc he said to Whitebeard there was a time where i looked to you to Whitebeard so i think he wants to be different from Whitebeard in all ways besides having his DF but to conclude i think Blackbeard wants a small crew

BB wants to be the pirate king. he is the type of person to do whatever to get to the top. since i think BB is the new yonkou, i doubt he can be that with 10 crewmwmbers.

Ashura_Ichibugin
November 29, 2010, 06:37 AM
BB wants to be the pirate king. he is the type of person to do whatever to get to the top. since i think BB is the new yonkou, i doubt he can be that with 10 crewmwmbers.

To be a yonkou you must claim islands. I don't think BB is the kind of guy to take a responsibility like that. So, I think he is not/will not be a yonkou.

And my list of SH vs BB. I will list them in 2 parts.

Obvious pairings:
1) Luffy vs Blackbeard
2) Zoro vs Shiliew
3) Sanji vs Jesus Burgess
4) Usopp vs Van Augur
5) Robin vs Catarina Devon

Now, not-so-obvious pairings, which I am not sure about:
6) Brook vs Laffitte (I can't help, they look too similar not to be paired)
7) Nami vs Vasco Shot
8) Franky vs Avalo Pizarro
9) Chopper vs Sanjuan Wolf or Stronger/Doc Q
10) New member vs Stronger/Doc Q or Sanjuan Wolf

There may be different factors like vs CP9: pairings can change mid-battle or Luffy can take on 2 opponents etc.

St Michael
November 29, 2010, 08:27 AM
I mostly agree with you. There is only 2 pairing that I would change.

I'ld say :
- Franky vs Burgess : wrestling , powerhouse , raw strenght fight. Plus Burgess seems too weak for Sanji
- Sanji vs Pizaro (he created the Okama level in ID , maybe there is something that may lead to an interaction with Sanji , plus he comes from the level 6 , so he belongs to the strongest members of the crew.

Lord Rayleigh
November 29, 2010, 09:45 AM
Obvious pairings:
1) Luffy vs Blackbeard
2) Zoro vs Shiliew
3) Sanji vs Jesus Burgess
4) Usopp vs Van Augur
5) Robin vs Catarina Devon

That's wrong. Only, Luffy, Zoro and Ussop's opponents are known for sure. For the rest, we cannot be sure of anything even though some positions are similar in the two crews, because their fighting style are quite different.

Here is for example a different possible list with reasonable arguments: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2092062&postcount=120
Sorry for " Franky vs. Avalo Pizarro " who was forgotten. By the way, I changed some possible fights through the discussion thanks to chess4's who reminded me that Vasco Shot could possibly be a drunk master (vs. Fishman Karate user).

bisha16
November 29, 2010, 10:20 AM
you may be right because they have a lot similarites like:

1.luffy vs blacbeard (they have a big appetite and the will of D)
2.zorro vs shilew (strong swordmans)
3.sanji vs laffite (laffite looks kind a gentleman like sanji)
4.ussop vs van augur (both shoters)
5.chopper vs sanjuan wolf (i think that chopper can now controll his giant form and so be the bigger strawhat to fight that giant)
5.franky vs avolo pizaru (they both look like wresler)
and that was my oppion for some of the fights that might happen...

kkck
November 29, 2010, 10:57 AM
The main issue here is that we don't know the power scale of BBs crew. I mean, we know BB is the leader and the strongest there but the rest of the members are rather obscure. Would shiliu be the second strongest in the crew? I think it is within the realm of possibilities that the ID ex prisoners are stronger than him considering where they were to begin with. I guess shiliu vs zoro would make sense given the swordsman thingy. No clue of who might be the third strongest there.

St Michael
November 29, 2010, 11:51 AM
My bet on Pizaro or the big drunk guy :p

There is a small parallel between the cook and the alcohol drinker .. maybe ? :D

I can easily imagine Busco Shot spitting fire (by lighting alcohol in his mouth obviously) , knowing that Sanji is immune to burn , it could be interesting. Even an entire fight around the theme of fire could be nice.

kkck
November 29, 2010, 12:19 PM
Wonder how BB's crew would have changed over the past 2 years though. BB does not seem bent on not taking more crewmembers and if anything he is bound to need a larger crew for his purposes. I would think there are going to be more new BB pirates after the timeskip.

I guess the fight between the strawhats and the BB pirates will go like this:
Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Shiliu
Sanji vs vasco shot
Franky vs Avalo Pirzarro
brook vs Lafitte
ussop vs Van auguer
chopper vs Dr Q
nami & robin vs catalina devon

SJW is missing but in turn I do not see him fighting anyone in particular. He looks more like the type luffy would take out before moving on to the main target. Vasco shot fights sanji because he was the last crewmember left when I was done assigning the other fights.

St Michael
November 29, 2010, 01:22 PM
You kinda forgot Burgess.

Besides , now that you mention it , I can see him being owned by Luffy in no time before going against BB.

Fodder like ..

kkck
November 29, 2010, 01:51 PM
Yiu are right, I forgeto burges.

Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Shiliu
Sanji vs vasco shot
Franky vs Avalo Pirzarro
brook vs Lafitte
ussop vs Van auguer
chopper vs Dr Q
nami vs catalina
robin vs burges

sh4dx
May 06, 2011, 05:27 PM
I don't know but right now the BB pirates don't give me the feeling of a really powerful crew,put aside Teach and Shiryu,the rest even those who were at level6 although the hype they got that they were very strong and brutal and done things that their existence erased from the world,don't seem like opponents who would give for example a good match against someone like mihawk or dofla etc etc.

They are probably very strong for sure,and even back at Banaro Island when Burgess and Van Auger failed to hit/damage Ace i wasn't really dissapointed because i knew that even the MT couldn't do anything against any Logia.Now after the TS put aside luffy i believe that atleast zoro would probably has control over CoA and i believe the same for the most of the BB pirates.

Don't get me wrong i don't say they are weak,just that they don't give me the feeling that they are super strong,and as i said above put aside Teach&Shiryu, the others don't seem like guys who can win a fight against someone REALLY strong.At best handle their own against the likes of mihawk,Marco,croc etc etc but win against them?I really doubt.Now Oda after the TS may come up with a chapter or two showing them do something or a glimpse of their power,i hope at least because they didn't have a chance to shine,even if they gang up against WB and killed him for me wasn't something special because he was already half dead with his half head missing.The only thing that "hyped" them a little is Teach mocking Bonney that although she was a rookie she wasn't enough strong to join them,but anyway i didn't have the impression that she was a strong woman even back at SB and her power wasn't something really strong/special,put aside Akainu's words about her relationship with the WG i just believe that she isn't a strong fighter

chess4
May 06, 2011, 08:10 PM
the are the anti strawhats. the blackbeard pirates are not some all powerful group becuase they are still rising to the top. BLackbeards goal is to be king as well, so his crew is still growing in power as well just like the strawhats.

i feel like the blackbeard pirates vs any crews top 10 fighters would give them pure hell in a fight.

kkck
May 06, 2011, 08:30 PM
Of course the BB could do that. They would do that easily considering at least BB and all their new members have enough power to make a country disappear on their own. I would go as far as saying that they would still beat the crap out of the strawhats if they were to fight.

zelllogan
May 07, 2011, 03:28 AM
IMO, the next 6 fights are obvious:
Luffy vs BB : captain vs captain
Zoro vs Shiryu: swordman vs swordman
Sanji vs Burgess: brawler vs brawler (no devil fruit or weapons involved in the fight)
Usopp vs Van Auger: sniper vs sniper
Lafitte vs Brook: weird vs weird :D
Chopper vs Doc Q: doc vs doc

Even if I doubt that it will end into simple 1vs1 fights like in enies lobby.

I don't judge Burgess & Van Auger in terms of power from their fight against Ace (logia is too much of a cheat ...). BB did say that they were NOT YET at Ace level ... which means they will get there.

Ero-Sanji
May 07, 2011, 04:53 AM
My list... read the sign, down below.

Pizarro is still missing since I think he will face of with a potential fishman seeing how he resembles a cat.

kkck
May 07, 2011, 07:48 PM
At the moment I have trouble believing nami would face vasco shot. The guy is supposed to be dangerous enough to make a country disappear, I can't imagine her surviving that fight. San juan wolf seems somehow to be one of the lesser members of the crew with his sheer stupidity and apparently having as his only merit his size. Franky is supposed to be the fourth strongest so I have trouble seeing this fight.... I guess the main issue is that the BB pirates don't have a clear hierarchy except for BB being the captain. The new crewmembers seem like people who could actually fight and maybe even defeat ace as fellow level six cellmates and we do know the older ones could not match up.

sh4dx
May 07, 2011, 08:36 PM
well this thing that "they could destroy a whole country" i think it's more like sengoku said about wb "he has the power to destroy the world" which is more ypothetical(spel?) about how strong they are and not take it as a 100% statement(WB failed to break even a strong wall during the war,so destroy the whole planet is nowhere to real,just exaggerated).

Sure right now they probably would beat the SH but seriously they lack the "hype" of characters like mihawk/kuma/dofla/marco etc etc..I am sure that they are just strong enough to handle a battle for a few minutes but win against someone really strong there is no way (put aside teach/shiryu).Sure they are stronger than the older but because burgess&van auger failed to hit ace doesn't mean anything because PRE TS even the MT would have failed too.

I just hope that after FI Oda will show us a glimpse of their power or even a few chapters of them fighting some strong marines/pirates because right now IMO they lack the feeling of "high tier" characters

kkck
May 07, 2011, 09:19 PM
I somehow had the impression they were quite literal about the whole thing about a country disappearing. Obviously making the world explode would be too much and just WB hype but he does indeed possess the power to wipe out a nation IMO. The guy can send tsunami's at will for crying out loud and pretty big ones at that. We also did see the BB pirates destroying a complete island and none of them seemed injured in the least. And didn't the original BB pirates destroyed chopper's island once? These guys are supposed to be among the strongest of level 6... These guys could take out battleships and even a buster call easily IMO. Heck, even if we take a look at the WG and yonko it is pretty clear the vast majority of their power is concentrated on a handful of people (3 admirals and VA, 16 commanders, shanks main crew) so one of these guys putting thousands of life at risk is not really an exaggeration. And what about when ace fought BB? The fight ended with a colossal clash of darkness and fire.

sh4dx
May 07, 2011, 09:30 PM
As you said,the same thing that sengoku told for WB,the same goes for the LV6 prisoners,it's just exaggerated and to hype them.WB could easily destroy an island but whole planet noway,so the same for the prisoners,they could easily destroy for example THE CITIZENS of a country not exactly the whole country i think it's common sense.I said again right now we don't have a clue,and i don't say that they are weak or anything,just put aside teach/shiryu the others lack the "hype" of strong people like kuma/mihawk/admirals etc etc have.I guess sometime after FI we'll see them do(destroy) or fight someone strong marine/pirate so we'll understand how strong they really are,but right now IMO there is no way for them to match up against someone REALLY strong,and i doubt they will grow stronger among the series just like the SH because they seem pretty much elder and they seem to have reach their "peak".Maybe and i say MAYBE now after they set free may be a little stronger because they were stuck in prison and they stayed "back in fighting" but there is no way to be like the SH that they grow stronger after arc/fight