PDA

View Full Version : General A guided tour of Tite Kubo's Crib!!!

Bugzee
February 20, 2010, 09:47 PM
Yooo Bleach freaks! How's it going? :blink

I was surfing the tube and I came across two really cool clips that I had to share with you guys. It's from a Japanese TV show called "Jump Bang!" where two presenters basically visit Tite Kubo's crib and Kubo gives them a mini-guided tour of his home! Link to the clips are below:

Kubo's Crib Part I (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdtfKvrTiEY&feature=related)

Kubo's Crib Part II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6NSVHyU0A&feature=related)

It's not much but I thought I would post it in here anyway! :amuse If it's been posted already then just ignore this.

Note to the mods (be it the greens, blues or the higher-ups): If I've posted this in the wrong section please move it to the correct one! If the clips have already been posted then please delete this thread!

Peace. :zan

edit: CRAP! I had intended to post it in La Biblioteca de Bleach! :facepalm Sorry!

JP_Russell
February 22, 2010, 02:11 AM
Weird-ass, crazy-ass Japanese television...

Neat little incite into Kubo's workspace and everyth- wait a minute, wait a minute... Did they just pronounce "Tite" as "tie-toh?" Damn, and all this time I thought it was "tee-tegh." Why do they say "Kubo Tite" instead of "Tite Kubo," though? I thought the Japanese put the surname first? Is it different because it's a pen name?

slmcknett
February 22, 2010, 03:10 AM
Because Kubo is his surname, isn't it? And it's pronounced "Tight".

JP_Russell
February 22, 2010, 04:21 AM
Because Kubo is his surname, isn't it? And it's pronounced "Tight".

I thought Noriaki was his surname, but I guess not. And they're not saying it that way in the video, they're saying it how I typed it out. Wikipedia also seems to corroborate that, the romanization is shown as "Taito."

LoS
February 22, 2010, 04:39 AM
Didn't really watch it since I'm going to bed, but I spied a Kaiser Chief's CD, and I believe a Gucci clothes/apparel season catalog.

Crude
February 22, 2010, 05:09 PM
Weird-ass, crazy-ass Japanese television...

Neat little incite into Kubo's workspace and everyth- wait a minute, wait a minute... Did they just pronounce "Tite" as "tie-toh?" Damn, and all this time I thought it was "tee-tegh." Why do they say "Kubo Tite" instead of "Tite Kubo," though? I thought the Japanese put the surname first? Is it different because it's a pen name?

Its supposed to sound like "tight", which the Japanese would pronounce as "taito". By the way, I'm loving that huge-ass tv he's got. And I envy his copic collection. I think the only think I might not like is his choice of curtains.

conn-man
February 23, 2010, 10:30 AM
that was very cool see where it all happens. i liked how kubo had all the volumes of bleach in front of his desk, shows that he probably referes back to them for consistency a lot.