PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Straw Hat's Crew Strength (Ranking)

Pages : [1] 2

Hermie
February 22, 2006, 08:45 PM
The 401 thread trailed a bit off topic, so, I'm splitting that discussion over to it's own thread. ;)

cept I cant figure out how to split several posts at once, so let's just start the discussion over again here. ^^;

aburame
February 22, 2006, 10:18 PM
RANKINGS!

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Robin
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

That's my ranking BEFORE all of the Sogeking madness. Now, I'm not sure if Usopp is stronger than Nami and Chopper. <3

As for Sanji and Robin, those two could be switched... but somehow I doubt Oda would rob Sanji and Zoro of their #2/#3 rivalries. ^.^

And now - Franky? I'm a member of the "Franky is SO TOTALLY the next Mugiwara" school, but I don't know where he'll fall in there. Somewhere between after Sanji? After Robin? Who knows. We shall see with these upcoming fights, I suppose. <3 <3 <3

cele
February 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
imo as long as we all agree that luffy is the strongest
i´am fine with w/e the other are put in :)

venicia777
February 23, 2006, 12:01 AM
that is the easy way out- i wish i will go that way. nevertheless my ranking still stands- unless i see something different this is it

1. Luffy
2. Robin.
3. Sanji/Zoro
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

usopp and nami are my issues as well as Zoro & Sanji- nami is smart but usopp is very cunning and knows his tools so well- his fight with Luffy is clear demonstration of this. i think zoro and sanji are well matched somehow but it seems zoro has a slight edge even though i dont think it is much- after i saw sanji use his hands with kitchen knives fighting on the ship to Enis Lobby not many chapters ago if he he has a weapon in his hands he can match up quite well with zoro. well i am just rambling.

Rank away guys!!!

moridin
February 23, 2006, 09:28 AM
1. Luffy
2. Robin
3. Zoro = / = Sanji
5. Usopp
6. Nami
7. Chopper

at least thats how i see it this arc, Nami's got a new climatact so she's going to be pretty awesome and usopp has clearly climbed up the power ranks whereas I don;t think Chopper has grown all that much.

Mr. Prince
February 23, 2006, 11:35 AM
uhm, that's a hard question...well I'd say:
1. luffy (what a surprise XDDD)
2. zoro
3 (just after him) sanji
4. robin (since water 7 seven saga I don't see her that strong than before...but you thought she IS strong because of her high bounty...now where we now the truth she's "just" number 4^^)
5. Chopper (I guess...)
6. Usopp (I'm not sure about Sogeking's strength...so, let's see)
7. Nami (She does not have to fight...the boys will protect her *gg*)

Cotek
February 24, 2006, 02:31 AM
1. Luffy - Zoro (Even, going by their strength rating in one of the OP books which was even, along with the fact that when they fought back in Alabasta, both their words and how they fared against each other was obviously on the same level, even in the latest arc you see comments such as "Why isn't Zoro Captain?" from those who have seen both. So I think they're pretty much even if anything I might give Zoro the advantage as being rubber won't neccessarily help him a lot if he happens to be cut.

2. Robin - Well her ability is certainly useful, though I don't think she has the strength to overpower both Luffy (who is rubber anyways...) and Zoro, I don't think Sanji would pose nearly as much of a problem, same with the rest.

3. Sanji

4. Usopp

5. Chopper

6. Nami

Gold Knight
February 24, 2006, 02:35 AM
Quoting myself from the 401 Predictions thread:

1.Luffy
2. Robin (I'm not sure how Zoro could break free of her hands)
3.Zoro
4.Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

shugo
February 24, 2006, 03:22 AM
1.Luffy
2.Zoro
3.Robin
4.Sanji

Usopp, Nami and Chopper are such big question marks. Nami for one had taken out a devil fruit user, chopper took out a cheese priest, and usopp at his finest form had taken on luffy 1 v 1.

If this was a post for the usefulness of the crew, im sure the rankings would look a little like this..
1.Nami tied with Robin <--- you cant have the boys turning to sodomy, so props the the girls...
2.Sanji <---you cant travel without a healthy diet and full stomach
3.Chopper <---you cant stave off illness and disease without professional help
4.Usopp <--- you cant move a ship without repairs, or a whipping boy
5. Luffy <---If all goes bad, you can rely on the captain to keep everyone safe
6. Zoro <--- He sleeps, eats, fights with the rest of the crew....hmmmmmmmmmm

Hermie
February 24, 2006, 05:51 AM
I'm saving my ranking to the end of the CP9 fights, as there are some incertainy right now.

tonitoniluffy
February 24, 2006, 01:20 PM
I'm saving my ranking to the end of the CP9 fights, as there are some incertainy right now.

Me too but one thing that i know wouldn't change is Luffy and then Zoro hehe always been like this

G-ology
February 24, 2006, 06:16 PM

If you let the strawhats fight each other, Luffy won't have any chance against Zoro. :blink

So.. my rankings w/o attending the fights against CP9

1. Luffy/Zoro
2. Franky ^^v
3. Sanji/Robin (idk y^^)
4. Chopper
5. Usopp
6. Nami

shinwei
February 25, 2006, 12:58 AM
Bah... Straw Hats are all about the GUTS! Whoever has the most guts and determination at the time... WINS!

...except for the Usopp vs. Luffy fight.

Galth
March 01, 2006, 12:51 PM
Well, i've finally finished up to 401, so...
1. Luffy ( obviously )
2. Zoro
3. Robin
4. Sanji
5. Sogeking ( those new dial upgrades made him awesome during the short luffy vs usopp battle... i wonder who he is...? ;) )
6. Nami ( have you seen her lightning attack a few chapters ago :wtf )
7. Chopper

Indeed, this cp9 battle could change all, it seems the 'weak' members are getting a hell of an upgrade in powers... ( ie usopp and nami )

Miso
March 01, 2006, 05:07 PM
Quoting myself from the 401 Predictions thread:

1.Luffy
3.Zoro
4.Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

Same here.

OT: Hero Member! :o

Hehe, that took you a long time :p - K

Spammers, the lot of you. /~H

xallisto
April 24, 2006, 02:32 PM
After recent chapters, it seems that Chopper needs to be bumped up in these polls since his mega badass super kill anything form that crushed kumadori in seconds.

i think it puts him near the top if not the very top for sheer power but the abvious flaw is that he will kill just about anybody that moves friend or foe.

jabbament
April 24, 2006, 04:55 PM
1. Luffy
2. Robin
3. Zoro
4. Sanji
5. Nami
6. Chopper
7. Usopp

As for Nami in #5, remember her new Perfect Clima Tact is pretty damned strong now that its been fortified with dials...and as for Robin in #2, she IS an assassin, and CAN make arms come out of people's backs and snap their necks...put her against Zoro, and Zoro will loose, since she can immobalize him easily, and Sanji would never kick a woman...besides, he'd be too love struck to even try.

Lohnt
April 25, 2006, 03:10 AM
I'm really hoping by the end of CP9 Oda will have rocked this list and tottally surprised everyone.

(imagines)
1 - Luffy gear 3/4 tied with Chopper Rumble 3 (berserk)
2 - Zoro
3 - Sogeking/Sanji/Robin
4 - Nami

Now I'm not saying Zoro will stay in that position (nor Sanji since he's in Zoros shadow as far as power) however until he has another samurai epiphany on how to cut the elements or something, I think Rumble 3 Chopper will be temporarily stronger than all of them. Sogekings new weaponry has a lot of promise, I will be severely dissapointed if he isn't able to hold his own from now on, he already took the worst possible beating with Frankys crew, I hope he never has to deal with that again.

Now here's why Namis on the bottom. Nami has the "theoretically" strongest weapon out of all of them. Technically a lightning bolt should one hit KO any enemy, however to balance that overpowered attack, Oda is making it inefective against enemies. Namis Lightning bolt is her ultimate attack, without it she ends up on the bottom of the list. Not that she doesnt find a way to make it work, but my point is without it she lacks as much umph as the other characters have due to their versatile fighting styles.

Strawhat_4491
April 25, 2006, 09:08 PM
I think that as long as Luffy is first, Zoro is second and Robin is third then im good with anything after that.

ltphil
May 02, 2006, 02:54 PM
1. Luffy (gear2/3 maybe 4)
2. Zoro (......nothing here....he's zorro damnit)
3. Robin ( she can if she must......don't underestimate her)
4. Sanji (he's behind Zorro.....but he can't hit a woman.......so even if do so.....robin will own him)
5. Chopper (that one is tough.....his "Monster" is unbelievable.....but it costs to much(at the moment)
6. Usopp/Sogeking (tough little usopp....i've to see his weapon in a fight first)
7. Nami (her weapon is strong...no doubt of that.....but.....she has other qualities......and beside them...she can look after herself....)

Hermie
May 02, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think most people forget, this isn't necesarrily about which SH could defeat which, but rather, how strong an opponent could each of them take down? just because Robins ability could cancel out Zoro or Sanji, doesn't mean she could've taken down f. ex. Ohm...

btw, do people now see why I chose to wait until after the Cp9 fights? :D

Murdoc
May 02, 2006, 03:25 PM
1. Luffy... nothing to say much... after showing off Gear secound there is no doubt about it

2. Zoro... even tho some people say Robin is stronger than him because she can disarm/break his neck i dont really think she is... i mean c'mon... zoro can lift mountainlike rocks no way Robin can kill him off that easy

3. Franky... yeah i know franky isnt official yet still i think there is nearly no doubt about it he will join the crew after this arc... he has alot of strengh and tools... i think if you don't know him he is a pretty hard opponent... also he was able to keep up with Luffy in W7...

4. Robin... lots of advantages because of her DF + intelligent

5. Sanji... well this one is a bit tricky. i would put him on par with Franky tho to the reason he can't fight women i have to put him behind Robin.

6. Chopper... if you go on strengh and brain he would be higher ranked than this... but he still lacks fighting expirience.

7/8 Ussop and Nami... they lack strengh but have lots of brain... tho they are both cowards which is the reason i didnt rank them higher... one thing that amazes me every time tho is ussops stamina... he can take hit after hit and still stand back up again hehe

anyway that's my ranking :p

sogeking
May 10, 2006, 02:56 AM
1.Luffy (ok this is obvious I mean come on he is the captain plus gear anyone)
2.Zoro/Sanji (I have always said that they are even and even now I cant say diffrent)
3.Robin (She can beat most weak opponents but she has never faired well against strong ones)
4.Usopp/Sogeking (His fight with Luffy really showed off his talent,plus the fire power on Kabuto come on)
5.Chopper (His trandformations are good and new form is awesome.Still most smart people would probably win)
6.Nami (she is and will always be the weakest no matter the upgrades)

if Franky joins he will be ranked 3rd instead of Robin.

Galth
May 10, 2006, 12:48 PM
It's a fact - wearing a red cape doubles someone's strength :oh
( not to mention someone's kick-ass factor )

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Robin
( 3b. wildcard - Franky )
4. Sanji
5. Usopp and SogeKing - i think they are about equal in strenght :oh
6. Chopper
7. Nami

Lohnt
May 10, 2006, 07:35 PM
No way Khal Ussop would kick Sogekings butt! *imagines the circumstances of the fight*

*waves flag* Ussop Original!!!
Luffy would probably support Sogeking because he's cooler -.-

ltphil
May 10, 2006, 09:10 PM
6. Chopper

.....that isn't funny man... :nono

Chopper is da Monster..... (ok...we don't know if he could control that Form....but instead of Usopp he's a Fruit User.....)

the future will show us ... :plot

jabbament
May 10, 2006, 09:20 PM
.....that isn't funny man... :nono

Chopper is da Monster..... (ok...we don't know if he could control that Form....but instead of Usopp he's a Fruit User.....)

the future will show us ... :plot
Not to mention, back in the Alabastia arc, against the fight with Mr.4 and that mole woman, Usopp did nothing but get his ass kicked, while Chopper did all the fighting...Usopp just had his one "idea" at the end...otherwise, he was pretty useless (oh yeah, that 5 ton hammer "owned").

In the Skypeia arc, he proved of some use, but then Enel knocked him out while Chopper defeated a Prophet...

But, I digress with the Usopp hate. :p

SchmoDawg
May 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
1. Luffy
2. Chopper
3. Zoro
4. Franky
5. Robin
6. Nami
7. Sanji
8. Ussop

Lohnt
May 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
This Sanji is weaker than the female SH just because he can't fight women has to stop.. It's ridiculous how people rank strength based on fighting each other, rather than fighting against everyone and anyone else.

ltphil
May 19, 2006, 10:06 PM
This Sanji is weaker than the female SH just because he can't fight women has to stop.. It's ridiculous how people rank strength based on fighting each other, rather than fighting against everyone and anyone else.

i know man....but i have to admit that if he has to fight against a woman....ah shit...you know what i mean....

but against a man....hell yeah....

1. Luffy (gear2/3 maybe 4)
2. Zoro (......nothing here....he's zorro damnit)
3. Robin ( she can if she must......don't underestimate her)
4. Sanji (he's behind Zorro.....but he can't hit a woman.......so even if do so.....robin will own him)
5. Chopper (that one is tough.....his "Monster" is unbelievable.....but it costs to much(at the moment)
6. Usopp/Sogeking (tough little usopp....i've to see his weapon in a fight first)
7. Nami (her weapon is strong...no doubt of that.....but.....she has other qualities......and beside them...she can look after herself....)

see what i mean

Mr. Prince
May 20, 2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, Sanji can't hit a woman but does that make him weaker?!

Isn't this a ranking of strength and fighting skills?
So I think the enemy can be discounted and you really just go by capabilities :)

Rui
May 23, 2006, 08:36 PM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro / Sanji
3. Robin
4. Franky
5. Soge-King
6. Chopper
7. Nami

fire breather
May 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
1.luffy
2.zoro/franky-after blasting chopper you have to give him credit and hi strength is strong i mean he is a shipwright
3.chopper and robin-we haven'tseen her beat a cp9 yet but she her powers are still one of the strongest and chopper would actually be a good matcth for her like if she chokes him he just needs his furball mode and she can't choke him

4.nami/ussopnami and ussops weapons improved alot and there weapons will keep cause they use them with what they are good with like weather
sanji:?

CDogWR29
May 30, 2006, 11:16 PM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Franky
4.Chopper
5. Sanji( moves to 5 because women are like his kryptonite)
6. Robin( She has yet to prove herself to a strong adversary and her high bounty is her ability to read the poniglyph)
7. Nami ( ahead of Sogeking/Usopp because of the clima tact and her knowlege of the whether.
8. Sogeking/Usopp (Though a little more braver hes still the weakest because everyone of the magiwara pirtes has gotten stronger

shinwei
May 31, 2006, 04:15 AM
1. Luffy/Zoro
2. Franky
3. Robin
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

neomaster121
May 31, 2006, 04:47 AM
i agree with shinwei since
Zoro and luffy i belive are roughly equal since Zoro's fighting the second members who's douriki at top form most likely equal lucchi or very close
i think franky second since hes really strong plus nico robin would find it very hard to take out a cyborg
robin is third since she can take out any human with no special attacks since she can stop there movements
sanji is 4th since hes got monsterious kicking strength
chopper is next since he's got 7 transformation not including his last one
nami since she has her new climact can give a shock to many marines as seen when she arrive in enie lobby
usopp has gotten braver but hes still the weakest.

Lohnt
May 31, 2006, 09:09 AM
Kaku is about 1800 douriki lower than Lucci dude

Mr. Prince
May 31, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think the pairings or the apportionments of fights show once more that Sanji is closer/equal (because Jyanbura insists on being stronger than Kaku) to Zoro's strength than Zoro to Luffy's :tem

Lohnt
June 01, 2006, 03:43 AM
I believe it was Chopper that said "carnivorous Zoans are more ferocious than plant eaters" He was refering to Luccis leopard, but I think it's safe to assume it would apply to a wolf (if not dog zoans as well). Since Kaku is a Giraffe, it may be possible Jyabura is right.. Although since I doubt Oda would let Sanji beat a stronger opponent than Zoro, it would'nt happen. It's a shame really, Oda should be free'er with the opponents the SH defeat, rather than Luffy vs stronger, Zoro/joining crewmember vs second strongest etc.

hyper_megaman
June 03, 2006, 08:28 AM
the thing is luffy always aims for the highest powered fella.

in the crocodile arc, he says 'i'll send him flying'
he goes after eneru, he says 'i'll kick his ass'.
now here after meeting cp9, he says 'the cow fella strongest. i'll kick his ass'

it's not oda's active decision, not much anyway, it's that luffy has been developed to be the egoistic and powerful(proven) captain. it's the luffy we all love woo~![br]Posted on: June 03, 2006, 06:24:11 AM_________________________________________________

i agree with shinwei since
Zoro and luffy i belive are roughly equal since Zoro's fighting the second members who's douriki at top form most likely equal lucchi or very close
i think franky second since hes really strong plus nico robin would find it very hard to take out a cyborg
robin is third since she can take out any human with no special attacks since she can stop there movements
sanji is 4th since hes got monsterious kicking strength
chopper is next since he's got 7 transformation not including his last one
nami since she has her new climact can give a shock to many marines as seen when she arrive in enie lobby
usopp has gotten braver but hes still the weakest.

dude.. kaku is barely more than 1/2 of lucchi's strength.. and i believe his zoan fruit adds more power, compared with the giraffe(which seems to only make the body more aggresive in the shigan/rankyaku sense), seeing how leopards and wolves are so powerful/fast in the wild.

fire breather
June 12, 2006, 12:55 AM
well we know franky can beat chopper by blowig him away he can beat ussop , he can beat probably nami the stell may atract thunder but i know robin can't beat him with breaking his body cause it is steel

LightReaper
June 12, 2006, 08:13 AM
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji/Robin
Chopper/Nami/Usopp

Honestly with the latest arc it's become alot closer.

venicia777
June 12, 2006, 12:21 PM
Has robin lost her fan base so soon. i think Robin should be closest to Luffy? Dont you guys think so.

neomaster121
June 12, 2006, 02:00 PM
i would agree that robin is stroger than sanji since one grab of the neck and its over against Zoro and luffy its diiferent. Zoro does the mega training to make each of his muscles in distructble while luffy is made of rubber. she could slow luffy and Zoro down but only for a bit before they get really angry so i say

Luffy/zoro
Robin
sanji
chopper
nami
usopp

kaku gets stronger since he has his friut witch completements his way of fighting so he would be very close to lucchi

LightReaper
June 12, 2006, 05:04 PM
Don't compare the straw hats on a one to one basis, think of it as overall strength, they aren't (hope) gonna fight so the whole argument is pointless.

SchmoDawg
June 13, 2006, 07:41 PM
regardless of what anyone says sanji is not stronger then zoro, it just isn't true and theres nothing to base it off of. and even if we aren't counting sanji not hitting women robin could kill him in seconds.

Mr. Prince
June 17, 2006, 06:23 AM
Yeah that's true :amuse
1st of all: Zoro is just a fighter! He is useless instead of fighting he has no "job" (like chef, doc, navigator...)
2nd: How friggin embarassing would it be for Zoro if a chef who is just fighting beside cooking and ot training day by day :XD
last but not least: His dream is to become the best swordsman and for that you need a certain (high) level of strength *g*

I'm a big, big Sanji fan...but I have no problem saying that Zoro is stronger :tem
'Cause Sanji is imho very close to Zoro's strength - what we have seen by Sanji fighting Jyanbura who was just a little stronger that Kaku^^
And also Sanji and Zoro always fighting against each other but Zoro not finishing Sanji easily...
That's my opinion

Lohnt
June 17, 2006, 11:38 AM
OK... so you say because Robin can clutch Sanji (lies and bullshit) and he cannot fight back she's stronger?

If paper beats rock, and rock beats scissor, does paper automatically defeat scissor?

It's the same exact argument, the vs each other claim is absolutely baseless and meaningless, Ussop could defeat Luffy and he still would be nowhere near his power level, you have to think big picture sometimes, instead of thinking abou things so narrowly. Free your minds people.

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Robin
Franky
Chopper
Nami
Ussop

Vietfan26
June 18, 2006, 08:29 PM
imma huge fan of sanjis style of fighting-kicks. but heres my listings
luffy
zoro
sanji
robin
franky
usopp
chopper
nami

Admiral Wolfpox
June 28, 2006, 04:18 PM
1. Zoro
2. Sanji
3. Luffy
4. Soge-King
5. Nami
6. Chopper
7. Robin

That's my ranking according to "who I want to see the most right now".

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 12:44 AM
1. luffy- wow never saw that coming
2. zoro- 108 cannon and he is amazing
3. sanji- the new red hot kick thing
4. robin- you cant hit her if she has you in her clutches
5. franky- made of iron
6. chopper he is a man-animal literaly (he goes monstar)
7. usopp- the dials make him the man
8. nami- with out usopps weapon she would suck

bakashijinsan
December 27, 2006, 01:19 AM
here are my rankings:

1. Luffy
2.Zoro
3.Sanji
4.Franky
5.Robin
6.Chopper
7.Ussop
8.Nami

I based it all on what they have. Not just brute strength but also on their ability to fend off attacks and survive bonecrushing blows and stuff and battle strategy.

Luffy's the highest since he has the most in brute strength, monstrous vitality and a genius in battle. He can create new combinations in his attacks whatever he has at present.

Zoro's next since he's not far behind Luffy's strength and vitality. Also, his continuous growth is making him stronger all the more.

Sanji of course is next but not far behind the two. He can easily be at par with a CP9 member and can move faster than a Rokushiki user and we don't even see him training!! Plus his tactics in espionage and sneaking is well worth his position in the strawhats.

Franky's next since in my opinion, he has a whole arsenal of things that he can deploy plus, he can withstand bullets (well, for his behind, we all know his weakness). He can be easily one of the strongest strawhat had it not been for his limitation of depending on cola bottles for his strength. He uses a bottle of cola for one coup de vent and that's too much since he can only stock 3. but he's powerful nonetheless. and he could upgrade himself i believe.

Robin is next to Franky since she has the strength of an ordinary woman, amplified by his devil fruit powers (i mean 6 arms is stronger than 2 ain't it). The strength of Robin comes the nature of her DF power and her wits in battle. Like what he did with Yama in Sky Piea. But I'm seeing more and more people can escape her clutches, not just with powers (like Aokiji) but with the introduction of Garp, we're bound to see more of those monsters.

Ussop comes next mainly because of his inherent sniping abilities. I have to admit, he will be a very good asset in battle if he knows how to utilize his talent as we have seen in his battle with Luffy. If Luffy were just an ordinary man back then, Ussop could have won the battle.

Nami's skill in navigating and predicting the weather is topnotch in the world but it wouldn't do well in battle. With her feeble strength, she can only rely on her wits as she told Ussop in the anime. She is very powerful with her Clima Tact yes, but a fast hand could snatch it from her and she would be rendered harmless. I think she's more suited to be like a Magician in the party.

But then this is just my opinion.

Inazuka
December 27, 2006, 03:19 AM
Luffy - can beat robin cuz he can stretch his arms as far as he wants
Robin - can restrict other chacacters movements
Zoro - can cut through pretty much nething /franky and has better skillz than the others
Sanji - just cuz i cant see franky beating him
Franky - can just take the attacks from chopper
Chopper - too fast for usopp and nami
Nami - too smart for usopp
Usopp - see above

Efreet
December 27, 2006, 05:42 AM
the rank assorted by strength would have to be:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Robin
Chopper
Usopp
Nami

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 02:19 PM
thank you Efreet

except robin and franky should be switched he may be able to stop the bullets with his chest but robin does have to because franky/zoro/sanji/usoopluffy would save her and she wouldnt let the ppl fire at her in teh first place she would just bind them up and break there neck.

ibra87
December 27, 2006, 05:58 PM
Luffy
Zorro
Sanji
Robin
Chopper
Nami
Usopp

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 06:28 PM
how is nami higher then usopp please explain

usopp takes teh most beating out of everone in teh crew and he still fights nami would be dead after the fight with luffy and usopp was already injured he is alot stronger then nami and with out usopps weapons nami would be useless all she could do is steal things

ibra87
December 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
how is nami higher then usopp please explain

usopp takes teh most beating out of everone in teh crew and he still fights nami would be dead after the fight with luffy and usopp was already injured he is alot stronger then nami and with out usopps weapons nami would be useless all she could do is steal things
just my opinion. I never finished watching water 7 arc (yet) so I am judging it from their performance @ Skypiea and mostly Alabasta. In Alabasta Nami was kickass. That's all :amuse

Silhouette
December 27, 2006, 09:25 PM
1-Luffy (DF, Gear2/3)
2-Zoro (Asura+other techniques, inhuman strength)
3-Sanji / Robin ( martial arts for Sanji + demon leg, DF for Robin)
4-Franky / Chopper (very close...chopper depends on rumble balls to power up while Franky uses cola!)
5-Sogeking (sahrpshooting abilities + inventions of leathal weapons)
6-Nami (timatac ..invented by ussop)

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 10:59 PM
you guys are really killing me here nami would be so bad with out usopp

sushi
December 29, 2006, 03:19 AM
hahahahha

but you know Nami is the one who beat everybody when they are on the ship...she controlled everybody even zoro obeyed her commands.

nevertheless this is my idea of the statistic:

1.the capitan : Monkey D Luffy >his the boss so he must be the strongest even though he is undenyingly stupid

2.the swordsman : Zorro > I think his just powerful even though his a mere human being

3.the chef : Sanji > his a womanizer all the way

4. the doctor : Chopper > he got a monstrous power when he took 3 or more rumble ball [ forgot]

5.the archeologist : Robin > she ate the hana hana no mi I guess

6.the shipwright : Franky > he have no shown his real power yet [ for me ]

7.the sharpshooter : Ussop > although his a coward, his skill is just great

8.the navigator : Nami > cannot survive without the stick given by Ussop [ wut was the stick's name again ]

that's all

by the way I'm Back

Efreet
December 29, 2006, 09:24 AM
by the terms of usefulness to the crew, Luffy would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy at the bottom :p

hrseber
December 29, 2006, 09:40 AM
by the terms of usefulness to the crew, Luffy would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy at the bottom :p

I disagree without Luffy they would all be stuck not chasing after their dreams. And he is the only one who has protected them time and time again from characters that they could never beat even joined up. Also, I know you are talking about the ships functions (where luffy is useless) but the captain is the one who doesn't do that stuff, it's his crew that he relies on to get him where he wants to be.

Inazuka
December 29, 2006, 09:47 AM
yeah tru that luffy generally doesnt do nething on the ship at all so ill agree with efreet on that 1
but i also agree with hrseber that the crew wouldnt be newhere without him.

u guys are killin me with robin too, she has to be at least in the top 3 of the crew. personally i think that only luffy can beat her cuz he can counter her moves with his inspector gadget arms. zoro would get beat easily as would sanji, just because they have no realistic counter, the only exception being a suprise attack, so in conclusion i restate my rankings.

Luffy
Robin
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Chopper
Usopp
Nami (switched usopp and nami cuz of sushi's post and others stating that usopp built the stick and has many other weapons of lower, equal and higher strenght)

sushi
December 29, 2006, 10:20 AM
no way luffy would be able to fight robin cause he would be loughing all the way through > robin tickles him.

but for real battle no way she eva beat him , sanji [ if he can beat a girl ] n zoro

jeffhmwong
December 29, 2006, 01:39 PM
1.Luffy
2.Zorro
3.Robin
4.Sanji
5 Franky
6.Soge/Usop
7.Nami
8.Chopper

Just llike their ranking in bounties..

OP_overlord
December 29, 2006, 03:10 PM
what how is chopper at the botten of the list with out im everone would be dead

luffy
zoro
robin
sanji
franky
chopper
usopp
nami

that is how it should be

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 07:41 AM

continuing from my previous post, Zoro is more important because he lifts the anchors and without him the ship would drift off everywhere they land

jeffhmwong
December 30, 2006, 08:23 AM
Hey....how can u say that.....If so, I shall say Sanji's the most important, cos if without him...all will starve to death.

U jes cant rank them this way..

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 30, 2006, 08:25 AM
Did anyone rank them by intelligence? :D

1) Nico Robin
2) Nami
3) Tony Chopper & Usopp
4) Sanji & Franky
5) Roronoa Zoro
6) Monkey D. Luffy

Well I am not sure about Chopper/Usopp and Sanji/Franky ....

But I am sure that the two girls are the smartest of the mugiwaras ...

Efreet
December 30, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hey....how can u say that.....If so, I shall say Sanji's the most important, cos if without him...all will starve to death.

U jes cant rank them this way..

DUDE! i wasn't saying Zoro was the most important, i just said Zoro was MORE important than Luffy :darn

triniman121
December 30, 2006, 01:10 PM
here are my rankings based on power

1.luffy
2. zoro ( only becuase luffy has gear 2 & 3)
3. sanji
4. franky
5.nico robin
6. chopper
7.ussop
9. nami

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 01:42 PM
thank you triniman121 that is what i said

muiwara_no_jack i like the smartness rankings and the gils are def the smartest in this whole show

triniman121
December 30, 2006, 03:56 PM
oh no problem. but these i think are more accurate in my opinion

OP_overlord
December 30, 2006, 06:44 PM
yes yes they are

Kalkoen
January 11, 2007, 09:30 AM
1 luffy
2 zoro
3 robin
4 sanji
5 franky
6 chopper
7 usopp
8 nami

(if you would seriously think about it in a fight between Luffy and Zoro, Zoro could cut Luffy’s arms off and call it a day. ;)

Koen
January 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
1. luffy
2. robin
3. zoro/sanji
4. franky
5. nami
6. chopper
7. usopp

Azurel
January 17, 2007, 07:27 AM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Robin
4. Franky
5. Chopper
6. Sanji
7. Nami
8. Usopp

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 08:38 PM
y is sanji so low he should be like 4
and ussop and nami should be switch ed but that is just me

Azurel
January 17, 2007, 09:48 PM
for some reason, I haven't seen a lot of progress in his fighting.. or the problem is.. I don't seem to remember his fight much.. :XD because of that, I can't really say he's strong... but I think I'm may be a little biased because I don't really like Sanji... :kukuku

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 10:05 PM
y he is teh man next to shanks garp, dragon, aokiji, zoro

Azurel
January 17, 2007, 10:09 PM
I think it's because his fights don't leave a lasting impression one me unlike Luffy, Zoro, Chopper, Franky and Robin.. but I would consider reading through his fights again if you know the chapters of some of his fight.. But I only read the manga till the latest anime episode..

nemy123
January 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
1. Luffy
2. Robin
3. Zorro/Sanji
4. Franky
5. Chopper
6. Nami
7. Usopp

However DevilChopper could be ranked somewhere inbetween Franky and Zorro/Sanji imo.

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 10:51 AM
yeah but he has no contorl when he goes devil so it is a double edged swordhe is powerful but crazy and with out ussop nami would suck so she should be below him in teh rankings

caco
January 18, 2007, 10:53 AM
1. luffy
2. zoro/sanji
3. robin
4. franky
5. chopper
6. usopp
7. nami

OP_overlord
January 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
1. luffy
2. zoro/sanji
3. robin
4. franky
5. chopper
6. usopp
7. nami

yes thank you
that looks like a god ranking to me

Usopp Kaizokudan
January 19, 2007, 02:23 AM
I was just wondering, wouldnt like Robin kill everyone??

Like she can just strangle everyone at once or something?

OP_overlord
January 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
yeah but she never does that she just knocks them out but she could and that would make he invinsable but Oda doesnt like to kill pll in his manga

sushi
January 21, 2007, 04:36 AM
hahahahahah
Robin is much more stronger than Sanji

Azurel
January 21, 2007, 08:25 AM
yeah, imagine if it's Robin vs Sanji, even w/o her devil fruit ability, she's already won half the battle. :XD Although his chivalry is his good point, it is his weakness too.

triniman121
January 21, 2007, 11:24 PM
luffy ( because of gear 2 & 3)
zoro
sanji
robin
franky
chopper
nami
ussop ( still hasn't shown he can fight like a man yet)

sushi
January 22, 2007, 06:03 AM
hahah

if luffy don hav the gears where will he be at???

jeffhmwong
January 22, 2007, 06:28 AM
-Zoro (cos he thinks rationally and has a warrior sprit)
-Sanji (Onli member who uses his brains in battle)
-Luffy (strong but too hasty - a nicer word for stupid)
-Robin (thisbabe kick ass - I m yet to see a non-logia defeating her)
-Nami (shes hot - thats practically all)
-Chopper (He's weak but has the sprit to prove himself)
-Usop (for leaving the SH I dont think he deserve a good rating)
-Franky (I rate him low cos I m yet to see what he can do)

fremeer
January 22, 2007, 06:31 AM
1.Luffy
2.Zoro
3.Sanji/Robin(robin is stronger against sanji but any1 with enough power could easily break free from her grasp)
4.Franku
5.Chopper
6.Nami
7.Usopp

The said the difference between 1 and 3 isnt that much.

Kalkoen
January 25, 2007, 07:54 AM
Some people think Sanji and Zoro are both on 2e place, but that just doesn’t add up. ;)
Zoro is clearly much stronger than Sanji. You always see that Zoro matches Luffy and he always defeats the 2e strongest enemy.
When they are having an argument about something they never fight serious so you cant judge from that. :wussfight
(yeah go on Sanji block a katana with your leg, CHOP no more leg) :XD
O and I don’t know if that part of the Davy Backfight was the same in the manga as in the anime but Zoro had to play without his katana’s so he wouldn’t overpower Sanji to much.
And the bounty difference of course . And probably more I haven’t mentioned.

OP_overlord
January 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
im not a big fan of ussop but he did fight with luffy and it was a good fight to me he took alot of hits but kept on going and he was a smart fighter with useing those dials to his advantage

and all of you who like that nami is better then ussop you are mistaken becasue without ussop nami would still just be useing a staff and she would not have beaten anybody

AreoXIII
January 27, 2007, 04:15 PM
Here are my rankings:

Luffy/Zoro
Sanji
Robin
Franky
Ussop
Chopper
Nami

Nami is at tthe bottom cuz I havent seen her fight in a good while plus her attacks are a bit weak.Chopper is under ussop cuz, ussop can be creative and I just thought of him making chopper get hit/captured in a giant ball of water lol.(like a pokeball, its a small ball the size of a palm but when it hits a target it incases the target in a sphere filled with water.Nico robin can defeat those under her in many ways.Zoro is with luffy cuz luffy's weakness is water and sharp objects(swords).

OP_overlord
January 27, 2007, 11:31 PM
and nami would stink if ussop didnt make her weapon
i still dont understand why robin doesnt put all the underlings of bad guys in head locks and let the crew just walk past them

a real luffy and zoro fight would be good but i still think that luffy would win somehow he adapts to win

chopper is a good fighter he just plays it like a little girl so im not very fond of him but hes a good doctor

franky is a machine literaly, and the ship rocks

sanji kicks ass also literaly, without him the crwe would die of hunger

1. luffy
2. zoro
3. sanji
4. robin (if she used he powers better and told teh crew all the stuff she knows she would have this all alone) /./././ Franky
5. ussop
6. chopper
7. nami (hot and smart but that is all she is around for, and i guess navigating but that doesnt matter luffy did it in a barrel so it cant be that hard)

jeffhmwong
January 28, 2007, 03:23 AM
HEY....If nami isnt around every night who will end up pleasing the whole crew?

LOLZ..!

Please be careful of what you write. Luckas

xr3b0rn5inx
January 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
Ranking eh...hmmm

1.Luffy (duhhh!!)
2.Zoro
3.Sanji
4.Robin
5.Franky
6.Nami
7.Chopper
8.Usopp

Cheers~~

zelllogan
January 30, 2007, 11:22 AM
1. luffy (no question about it , he is the best fighter)

2. zoro
3. sanji (he never train and still he is almost at zoro level , and there is still his eye thing we don't know)

4. Robin (but without her powers , she is nothing)
5. Chopper (I really love the berserk one :))
6. franky

7.usopp
8.nami

Pimpolho
January 30, 2007, 11:35 AM
1. Luffy (Baka and Mizu Luffy rocks)
2. Zoro (A future god killer when become stronger)
3. Sanji (Already equal to his sensei)
4. Robin (Smart and good devil fruit user)
5. Franky ( A cyborg has a infinite upgrade capacity)
6. Chopper (A very very big monster)
7. Usopp ( Still need to fight like a man with a bad guy but his fight with luffy was very interessant.)
8. Nami (Without usopp genius she is in trouble but very smart too).

damagichour
January 30, 2007, 12:47 PM
1. Luffy (Hes the strongest of the group and his instinct is pretty good to)
2. Sanji/Zoro (I dont see any difference in power or stamina)
3. Robin (DF ability is amazing)
4. Franky (Held his own against the cp9, he comes in a close 4th)
5. Copper (Jumps to number 2 after to many rumble balls)
6. Nami/Usopp (they can take hit but they need some sort of weapon to win)

OP_overlord
January 30, 2007, 04:43 PM
1. luffy (beat a god)
2. zoro (doesnt pray to a god)
3. sanji (has the devil leg attack)
4. robin (devil child)
5. chopper (a monstar)
6. franky (not human)
7. ussop (a befriender of giants)
8. nami (just a little theif)

hollowfied
October 17, 2007, 05:10 AM
Some people think Sanji and Zoro are both on 2e place, but that just doesn’t add up.
Zoro is clearly much stronger than Sanji. You always see that Zoro matches Luffy and he always defeats the 2e strongest enemy.

Jyabura is stronger then Kaku. Yes he has a slightly lower douriki rating, but taking into account the fact that he has had a lot more experience with his fruit then Kaku has, and he has mastered tekkai (even able to move with it on), shows how much Jyabura is stronger.

This thread is only about the Strawhat.

Impel Down
October 17, 2007, 10:18 AM
In terms of strength?

Luffy
Zoro/Sanji (I say they're equal)
Franky
Brook
Robin
Nami
Usopp/Chopper (again, equal)

Imitorar
October 17, 2007, 08:02 PM
I agree ostly with Impel, except that I say that Nami is the weakest, and Chopper is actually after Robin, with Ussop being closely after him. So it's Luffy, Sanji/Zoro, Franky, Robin, Chopper, Ussop, Nami. Seriously, Ussop is much stronger then Nami. And Chopper has a Devil Fruit, so he's stronger then Ussop. Think about Arm and Horn Points. Think about it. He's definitely the weakest of the mid-level Straw Hats (Franky, Robin, and Chopper, in that order.), but he's a mid-level Straw Hat, not the top of the lower-level Straw Hats, Ussop is. That's the slight difference, Chopper is strong enough to be considered the weakest mid-leveler, Ussop is the strongest lower-leveler, and by a rather large margin, but not strong enough to be considered mid-level. And by the way, Impel, I know you hope for it, but Brook didn't join yet. But if he did, I'd put him below Robin, but ahead of Chopper. Robin would snap Brook like a twig. Seriously, he's dry bones. But he's fast enough to probably make a good match against Chopper.

d3d3n
October 18, 2007, 01:20 AM
i think

1. luffy
2. zoro
3. sanji
4. franky
5. robin
6. chopper
7. nami
8. usopp

Eyefarted2
October 18, 2007, 01:23 AM
1. luffy
2. zoro
3. robin
4. sanji
5. Franky/ Brook/ Chopper (theyre all about the same)
6. nami/ usopp

P.S. even if nami or usopp or anyone below 4 is "low," keep in my mind that each of them can more than hold their own in a fight. AND they beat CP9 (with the exception of robin and brook)

DutchPhoenix
October 18, 2007, 05:11 AM
Luffy/zoro
Robin/Sanji
chopper/franky/brook
nami/ussup

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 06:04 AM
Franky definitely above Robin.
Sanji is equal to Zoro.

(Why do people keep rating Sanji below Zoro? =( )

DutchPhoenix
October 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
becouse sanji lost kinda fast vs zoro in a movie(cursed sword) already, and in 223 he couldnt even scratch zoro

he is just weaker.

Franckie
October 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
In terms of strength? I'd say Luffy >= Zoro ~= Sanji >= Franky ~= Robin >= Chopper ~= Usopp ~= Nami.

hollowfied
October 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
becouse sanji lost kinda fast vs zoro in a movie(cursed sword) already, and in 223 he couldnt even scratch zoro

Yes I watched the movie, firstly Sanji wasn't fighting seriously against Zoro, wasn't he trying to find out why Zoro was fighting against them? Secondly, its a movie, it can't be considered canon.

Besides, Sanji owned Jyabura, and Zoro Kaku, and Jyabura is stronger then Kaku.

DutchPhoenix
October 19, 2007, 03:56 AM
kaku > jyabura

hollowfied
October 19, 2007, 04:26 AM
Jyabura is stronger then Kaku. Yes he has a slightly lower douriki rating, but taking into account the fact that he has had a lot more experience with his fruit then Kaku has, and he has mastered tekkai (even able to move with it on), shows how much Jyabura is stronger.

My explanation from before.

And Sanji owned him =O

DutchPhoenix
October 19, 2007, 08:05 AM
kaku said himself to zoro that he would have it easier versus Jyabura and zoro said he is fine with him :)

hollowfied
October 19, 2007, 08:15 AM
And Jyabura himself said that Kaku is much weaker then him, given that he has less experience and carnivorous zoan fruits are more dangerous then herbivore ones ;)

DutchPhoenix
October 19, 2007, 09:14 AM
well what i've seen kaku's DF was alot more powerfull then Jyabura's one , and Kaku was alot more experienced with storm leg, and kaku is the best swordsman of cp9

hollowfied
October 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
How is Kaku's DF more powerful then Jyabura's one?

And Kaku is the ONLY swordsman of the CP9..

which isn't saying much.

Jyabura is smarter then Kaku thats for sure.

Impel Down
October 19, 2007, 10:47 AM
I agree ostly with Impel, except that I say that Nami is the weakest, and Chopper is actually after Robin, with Ussop being closely after him. So it's Luffy, Sanji/Zoro, Franky, Robin, Chopper, Ussop, Nami. Seriously, Ussop is much stronger then Nami. And Chopper has a Devil Fruit, so he's stronger then Ussop. Think about Arm and Horn Points. Think about it. He's definitely the weakest of the mid-level Straw Hats (Franky, Robin, and Chopper, in that order.), but he's a mid-level Straw Hat, not the top of the lower-level Straw Hats, Ussop is. That's the slight difference, Chopper is strong enough to be considered the weakest mid-leveler, Ussop is the strongest lower-leveler, and by a rather large margin, but not strong enough to be considered mid-level. And by the way, Impel, I know you hope for it, but Brook didn't join yet. But if he did, I'd put him below Robin, but ahead of Chopper. Robin would snap Brook like a twig. Seriously, he's dry bones. But he's fast enough to probably make a good match against Chopper.

Alright, I'll have to deal with this. See, I consider Nami fairly strong, because of her weapon. It's underestimated a lot, and people don't seem to realize how strong it really is.

With Chopper, I agree, those two points are really strong, but he doesn't have much versatility when using them, so a really strong fighter could easily read them, not to mention the time limit he has.

hollowfied
October 19, 2007, 10:58 AM
Usopp is an awesome sniper, hes a very strong long ranged fighter, but pretty useless short ranged one. Nami is more versatile, probably not as long ranged, but much more powerful short ranged, so its hard to judge.

I'd say Chopper is above both of them though. His Monster point owns?

Imitorar
October 19, 2007, 11:02 AM
Jyabura is CRAFTIER then Kaku, not smarter, I think. And so what if Kaku had mastered Rankyaku. Jyabura mastered Tekkai. And Jyabura DID have more experience using his Devil Fruit, and do you honestly think that a giraffe is more threatening then a wolf? And by the way, Monster Point is uncontrollable, so it will never be used as a weapon. Choppers strength shouldn't be rated based off of Monster Point.

And Impel: People also underestimate Ussop because he's, well... Ussop. But I still think that he's stronger then Nami, especially with his new weapon. Seriously, don't underestimate a guy who uses random bits of junk as powerful weapons. Ussop is the most versatile fighter of all the Straw Hats, he has tons of junk to use as weapons, and that new weapon and his Stars are VERY strong. Nami is very strong too, because she IS a Straw Hat, and the Climatact is an awesome weapon, but I still say that Ussop's weapon, combined with his inventiveness and the random junk he uses in fights, make Ussop stronger. And Chopper may not have much versatility, but... Horn Point is awesome. And while a strong fighter could predict his moves, that doesn't change that if that fighter got hit with one, he's in alot of trouble. And as for the time limit, that is a problem, but he usually manages fine. Those two Points are strong enough to end a fight very fast, if he can get in a good hit or two. And Chopper is smart enough to land hits on opponents that are hard to hit. Gedatsu had pretty good defense, and so did the Mr. 4 pair, not to mention Kumadori and his crazy hair.

Impel Down
October 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
I don't think he can move with Tekkai because he mastered it. I mean, Lucci mastered it too, since he could do the Roukogan. I think Jyabura just could move in Tekkai.

And while Jyabura did have more experience with his DF, I agree, Kaku seemed to be able to find more uses for his.

Imitorar
October 19, 2007, 11:16 AM
I actually figured that the moving in Tekkai thing wasn't because he mastered, it, because Lucci had and he couldn't move in Tekkai, but just that he was used to using it. There's a difference between being able to do the highest techniques of a certain Rokushiki form, like Lucci could, and being so used to it that you can even move in it, like Jyabura could. And Kaku found more uses because a giraffe with a sword is just more useful then a steel-hard wolf, but Jyabura had claws. And teeth. And good senses. That helps in a fight. Besides, wolves eat bovines, like giraffes.

hollowfied
October 19, 2007, 11:23 AM
Well I still think Sanji is roughly equal to Zoro in power.

-.-

Usopp probably stronger then Nami, Chopper stronger then both of them. Robin isn't actually a very strong fighter (probably waker then Chopper), I mean her DF is very very useful, but she doesn't use it for combat very much. I think its weakness is that it only replicates her own arms, and her arm strength isn't that strong is it? And any damage done to the replicated arms are transfered to her real arms as well. Franky is very strong, probably just below Luffy/Zoro/Sanji.

Thats everyone right? =P

Soo..IMO - Robin and Zoro are overrated, Usopp, Sanji and Nami are underrated.

I honestly can't see how anyone might think that Robin is stronger then Sanji =\

Imitorar
October 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
Robin's strength is in the quantity, not the quality. Her arms may not be strong, but try fighting with 200 of them growing out of your body and attacking you, and you'll see why shes so strong. Sanji could beat her probably, soley because he could shatter her arms with a few kicks. He can take strong opponents, she can take out TONS of weak opponents, and even a fairly strong opponent, since so many arms are hard to fight. But who the heck said that Robin was stronger then Sanji? Whoever did, you're wrong. Sanji is in the Monster Trio. Robin isn't. I'd say that she's 5th strongest, but Sanji is either 2nd or third, it's debatable.

hollowfied
October 19, 2007, 10:16 PM
1. luffy
2. zoro
3. robin
4. sanji
5. Franky/ Brook/ Chopper (theyre all about the same)
6. nami/ usopp

This guy =\

DutchPhoenix
October 30, 2007, 04:52 AM
quote from wikipedia

Luffy is the captain and is considered the strongest member of the Straw Hat Pirates with a power matched only by Zoro.

Many times he has survived severe injuries and massive blood loss. His skills, developed by the hellish training he was subjected to as a child by his grandfather, are backed up by his unstoppable determination, making him nearly impossible to keep down during a fight. However, it also seems possible that he naturally has superhuman strength, as Luffy himself is never seen training on the ship like Zoro. Luffy is capable of crushing steel with his bare fingers and breaking through thick bedrock with relative ease. His most astonishing feat of strength by far was causing two huge buildings he was stuck in between to collapse by simply pushing them away with his bare hands

so luffy is on no.1 for sure, followed by zoro, and then sanji

Zoro is extremely physically strong and although he is widely considered the second strongest fighter on the Straw Hat crew, his physical power and combat skill rival those of Luffy (in base form, without the aid of their newest skills Gears and Asura)

Recently, he has developed the ability called Asura, presumably using great speed to give off an illusion of three faces on his head and six arms all equipped with swords for a total of nine swords to use. Due to this, he is capable to use the Kyutōryū (nine sword style), with an attack power probably similar to Luffy's Gear skills

so yes, i dont think zoro is that much weaker then luffy =P

Freakzin
October 30, 2007, 08:33 AM
i dun really trust wikipedia, the only way it's useful information it's if it was taken from some Oda source. Other than that wiki doesn't have much credibility.

i think
1-Luffy
2-Zoro
3-Sanji
4-Supah Franky
5-Normal Chopper (CRAZY CHOPPER #2)
6-Robin
7-Nami
8-Ussop ( he lacks melee skills which will always be a disavantage)

purplerose_04
October 30, 2007, 04:37 PM
i dun really trust wikipedia, the only way it's useful information it's if it was taken from some Oda source. Other than that wiki doesn't have much credibility.

i think
1-Luffy
2-Zoro
3-Sanji
4-Supah Franky
5-Normal Chopper (CRAZY CHOPPER #2)
6-Robin
7-Nami
8-Ussop ( he lacks melee skills which will always be a disavantage)

wow ya rank Chopper higher than Robin.. what a surprise...

Freakzin
October 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
even though she can create many hands, there is gonna be a time, where she will need strength in them, i mean, what use is 300 hands if they're all weak.on the other hand, Chopper Cross attack is much better i think, Robin never had any real fights, so, i dun think she could beat badass oponents

Lohnt
October 30, 2007, 05:19 PM
Do NOT use Wikipedia for any referance please, use the referance books instead.

Removed a part. Our No-Bashing-Rule includes other websites as well.

Luckas
October 30, 2007, 05:42 PM
Please guys remember not to exaggerate when expressing strong opinions, MH is strongly against bashing in all his forms.
Said that, you are obviously free to express yourself and your ideas, only remember not to get carried away when you are passionate about a subject.

arcrouma
November 19, 2007, 11:33 PM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Robin
5. Franky
6. Usopp
7. Nami
8. Chopper

I often think that robin will knock zorro down if they fight
However, against enemies in common, zorro will do better than robin. For example, against cp9, robin's clutch will not surpass the tekkai.

I don't think I can rank chopper based on the 3rd rumble. Rumble is a doping which boost the power of dF's eater. Can you imagine chopper fighting without rumble...what will he become? Or just the opposite, can you imagine luffy using rumble balls ? o.O

Dark-Kaomi
November 26, 2007, 01:11 AM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro/Sanji (if opponent is man)
3. Franky/Robin
4. Brooke
5. Chopper
6. Nami/Usopp/Sanji (if opponent is woman)

Now I know people are tired of the whole Sanji is seen weak because of his not hit women thing but it's a weakness! If an enemy figures this out they can exploit it like they did during the CP9 arc. So it should be factored in. But I compromised. I really do see him as pretty equal to Zoro and I love watching them work together. On the subject of Nami and Usopp. Nami isn't much of a fighter, her specialities are more appropriate for the high seas and she would be nothing without Usopp. As for Usopp he is a strong long range fighter but most of his battles will be close range and because he's a bit of a coward (but s getting beyond that little by little which makes me very happy) he wouldn't do well in close combat. Robin and Franky haven't been shown much fighting but I can still say both are very strong. I hope to see more from them. As the series goes on and if Brooke stays around I dunno if he'll go up or down. Just have to wait and see I guess.

MrStrawHat
November 26, 2007, 08:39 PM
Power-wise(REMEMBER, this is what I think),
1)Luffy
2)Zoro
3)Sanji
4)Franky
5)Robbin
6)Chopper
7)Ussop
8)Nami (she shoulda gone to 1st; as she rules over the crew other then Robin and Luffy)
Brooke, if he decides to join at all, will go to 2nd - 4th
MY LIST OF FAVORITES
1)Luffy
2)Zoro(I'm a man, but I gotta admit, He is one SMEXY beast)
3)Nami
4)Brooke
5)Sanji
6)Ussop(Used to be in top 3 b4 the Soge king madness)
7)Franky(PUT SOME CLOTHES ON UNLESS YOU ARE GONNA B SMEXY LIKE ZORO!)
8)Chopper
9)Robin
10(Honroable Mention))Princess Vivi and her pet, Karu!

sharingan_kakashi
November 28, 2007, 05:18 PM
strength in combat:
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Chopper
Franky
Robin
Ussop
Nami

If we rank them by intelligence then it would be upside-down.

hollowfied
November 29, 2007, 04:15 AM
Franky is much stronger then Chopper.

And Sanji is quite a bit stronger then Franky, on par with Zoro IMO.

DutchPhoenix
November 29, 2007, 07:06 AM
zoro > sanja IMO

hill_mie87
December 05, 2007, 07:07 PM
I think,between Zoro & Sanji, Zoro might have a little advantage. He can use his sword as "shield" (we've seen that he had used his swords to block couple of enemies' attacks. Sanji may not be able to do the same, without a proper weapon.

sharingan_kakashi
December 05, 2007, 09:05 PM
Franky is much stronger then Chopper.

And Sanji is quite a bit stronger then Franky, on par with Zoro IMO.

Chopper looks for his opponent's weakness and use it to his advantage. this is why i rankied him higher than Franky.

Absolutio
December 06, 2007, 06:36 AM
It's been a long time since Chopper used his Brain Point to figure someone's weakness.. Oda should've used it more, since it's really one of Chopper most unique/advantageous skills..

Imitorar
December 06, 2007, 12:16 PM
Actually, he used it against Gedatsu, which was only two Sagas ago. It's just that the CP9 Saga took a very long time... And also, that's probably how Chopper figured out about Oz's right arm. It might have shown him using the Scope, but whether it did or not, I'm pretty sure that's what he used.

Absolutio
December 06, 2007, 12:38 PM
Guess we'll have to wait for the anime to see that.. If he did use rumble ball there, they would show it. But I don't think he did, I think he just examined ozz using his medical knowledge and figured out his weak point.

ANBU4U
December 06, 2007, 12:47 PM
Combat skills:

Luffy
Zorro
Sanji
Brooke
Franky
Robin
Ussop
Nami
Chopper

* All based on a normal one on one fight with the Captain.

Absolutio
December 07, 2007, 06:42 PM
Actually, he used it against Gedatsu, which was only two Sagas ago. It's just that the CP9 Saga took a very long time... And also, that's probably how Chopper figured out about Oz's right arm. It might have shown him using the Scope, but whether it did or not, I'm pretty sure that's what he used.

Reread the whole TB arc and found out this: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/477/15/
If he did use brain point to find ozz weak point, he wouldn't have used a 2nd rumble ball since he can't control it.

Imitorar
December 08, 2007, 10:49 PM
Good point, I forgot that he needs to use the Rumble Ball to use Scope. Hm, then maybe he's gotten good enough at medicine to not need the Scope... That, or since Oz's nerves are nonfunctional, Chopper was able to go up and examine him manually to find the weakness instead of needing to rely on Scope. Either way, I'm sure the technique will be used again.

Absolutio
December 09, 2007, 03:46 AM
I hope it does, coz that's the biggest advantage of his rumble ball.. It can also be a very strong supportive skill.

harro7
December 11, 2007, 08:39 AM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Robin
6. Nami
7. Chopper
8. Usopp

Wale
December 13, 2007, 09:09 PM
In combat:
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Brook (i hope he will join)
Robin
Chopper
Usopp
Nami

Favorites:
Zoro
Luffy
Brook
Sanji
Franky
Usopp
Robin
Chopper
Nami

Organizized
December 15, 2007, 09:37 AM
Combat:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Brooke
Robin
Chopper
Nami
Usopp

Favorites:

Brooke
Sanji
Luffy
Usopp
Franky
Chopper
Robin
Nami

Luckas
December 15, 2007, 09:46 AM
The threads are meant for discussion, so from now on posts with only the ranking without the reasons you choosed that specific ranking will be deleted.

Wale
December 15, 2007, 01:51 PM
Combat:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Brooke
Robin
Chopper
Nami
Usopp
you might to be right.. Nami is stronger now with the Perfect Clima-Tact as Usopp. But Usopp has the power of Sogeking :)

Did you read what I posted above?

This was abaut my ranking.. i explained why i choose Usopp and not Nami.

Organizized
December 16, 2007, 06:13 AM
Actually, since I like Usopp so much and think that he is so effing brilliant at shooting, if I don't give it some thoughts I rank him over Robin and Chopper too, but then I realize he's at Nami's Level so I suppose it should be Nami/Usopp.

Dragon04
December 18, 2007, 08:43 PM
Luffy - Come on now he is the strongest Strawhat. What with his Gears and what not. Plus he just never gives up period.

Zoro - I'd say he is the 2nd strongest or about even with Luffy. I could list all kinds of stuff Zoro has done that's show his strength but I'm not. From here on is where it get's weird though. Cause the powers levels of the rest vary.

Sanji - He is quite strong with some insane kicking power and his move from Enies lobby. But he could be much lower in some cases like for example he won't fight a woman.

Franky - He's shown he's quite strong and has some nice tricks in that body of his. He also gave Luffy a run for his money during Water 7

Robin - Now this is hard cause in some cases you could say she is second to Luffy. With her ability she is quite useful and what not. If you remember at the end of Alabasta when they found her on the ship she basically stopped al of them at the time. I'll leave her in this spot but I'll say this. If she got really serious she could do a lot of damage and take out pretty much every SH except for Luffy. Who she herself said she could do anything about.( I forget what episode/chapter she said it I have to check)

Nami - Now Nami is somewhat of a wuss but she can come through in the end. With her new Clima Tact she is rather dangerous. She did take out a CP9 member so you gotta give her credit. If you take it away though she is rather helpless.

Chopper - In general he doesn't do much except be the doctor. He tends to scare easily and isn't that much of a fighter. Though he has come through in Alabasta and he did take out a CP9 member although he lost himself in the process. If you take his huge monster form in to account though he could be higher on this list if he could learn to keep his mind in that form. You could also switch Nami and Chopper they are more interchangable

Usopp - Now Usopp is not only the weakest but also my least favorite character. He's to damn scared of everything and in general doesn't do much. He is good at inventing things though like Nami's Clima-Tact. A few times he has come through but in general he just trys to hide and have someone else handle stuff in his place. The only truly redeming thing for him is when he took on the Sogeking persona. He still didn't do to much during Enies Lobby though. He may be a good sniper but he needs to hurry up and find some more courage.

hollowfied
December 19, 2007, 09:41 AM
Usopp - Now Usopp is not only the weakest but also my least favorite character. He's to damn scared of everything and in general doesn't do much. He is good at inventing things though like Nami's Clima-Tact. A few times he has come through but in general he just trys to hide and have someone else handle stuff in his place. The only truly redeming thing for him is when he took on the Sogeking persona. He still didn't do to much during Enies Lobby though. He may be a good sniper but he needs to hurry up and find some more courage.

W/o Usopp, the rescue Robin mission would've failed. He also gave inspiration to Luffy when he was fighting Lucci. Usopp is arguably Luffy's best buddy, and hes also a kickass sniper. Sometimes brains > brawn, and Usopp is one of the smartest Strawhats and also their best talker, like when he talked the giants into joining them.

And Sanji is part of the monster trio with Zoro and Luffy. I'm thinking Luffy is the strongest, whilst Zoro is only slightly stronger then Sanji.

Though its hard to compare, Zoro trains all day and night on the ship, whilst Sanji doesn't train at all =/

Inkovic
December 19, 2007, 12:42 PM
Luffy- Not only because of his rubber ability but his sheer will to win and his ingeniuty in battle to come up with a winning situation. His type of devil fruit is supposed to be the weakest type but he manages to make it excel against Logia etc.

Zoro- Him and Sanji are relly close level but Zoro's ashura technique looks almost unbeatable. His quick and tough and constantly trains. His three sword style is unreal.

Sanji- Sanji wins without using his hands. As he is a handy Chef if he used Knives as a weapon for example I would rank him ahead of Zoro as he has four outlets to attack. He would win most battles unless his opponent is a woman.

Robin- Robin's abilities are one of the best in the series. I can't imagine to limitless potential of it. She can retrain her opponent and take them out easily.

Franky- Cyborg man. Can use powers rivalling Devil Fruits but can swim as well. Only draw back is he needs cola.

Brook- Light as a pile of bones and a neat swordsman to boot.

Chopper- His Monster point is unreal. Also his brain point can identify a weak point of an opponent which is invaluable in battle.

Nami-She, with ClimaTact in Tact, can use lightning to her advantage

Usopp- Probably the weakest member. Good from long range but up close his skills are limited.

wing_gundam
December 19, 2007, 01:44 PM
Fighting:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Robin
Franky
Brook
Usopp
Vivi ;)
Nami
Chopper

Favourites:
Luffy
Zoro
Vivi
Usopp
Sanji
Nami
Brook
Chopper
Franky
Robin

I put Usopp ahead of Chopper and Nami because of his aim.... when he's serious he can be one of the most deadly characters (Enies Lobby)

I still count Vivi and she was a great character. She so should have stayed! While Nami is stronger than her now, that's only because of the dials. Nami has no real fighting talent. Vivi can take a real hit though.

Robin can fight - Skypia she did very well, but she's fairly lame sometimes and only helps as a tertiary fighter.

graylain
December 28, 2007, 06:45 AM
I think

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji ( Zoro and Sanji maybe same equal but Sanji's weakness is woman so ....)
4. Robin/ Franky
5. Brooke ( if he joins)
6. Chopper
7. Nami
8. Usopp

Luckas
December 28, 2007, 07:15 AM
The threads are meant for discussion, so from now on posts with only the ranking without the reasons you choosed that specific ranking will be deleted.Quoting myself, from now on if a post will contain only a ranking and nothing else it will be deleted and the poster will be informed.
This a thread for discussing rankings, not for posting rankings.

Zoro-kun
December 30, 2007, 06:11 PM
OK here comes the real list. This is how it really is.

Combat
1. Zoro ( just sexy )
2. Luffy ( gear 2/3 was hilarious )
3. Usopp ( i love when he lies."I have a million soldiers i can call for, so just go away!" when he uses his "5 tonn" hammer ^^)
4. Franky ( i love his panties )
5. Sanji ( fire leg, what more? )
6. Chopper ( ur just funny, u cant fight.. )
7. Nico Robin/Nami (grow some manboobs, ur fightingsstyles sucks.. =/ well Robin, i love you though ^^ )

Funny
1. Usopp / Chopper ( best moment: Sanji: dinner is soon ready! usopp and chopper: "Moshii!!! (shaddap)"
2. Luffy (i love his immitations, and his songs..^^)
3. Sanji ( when nami comes back with the weaver... sanji: wtf?! she has put on a t-skirt!!)
4. Franky (FRAAANKYYY!! I love your balls )
5. Zoro ( mendokse..^^)
6. Nami / Nico Robin (can u do anything but laugh? say something funny at least once, no offence Robin, u know i love you <3 )

Sexy
1. Nico Robin (here you go, ur damn sexy^^ )
2. Nami ( 2.place nami, ur girl, thats why, i dont really like u too much, but a pussy is pussy.)
3. Chopper ( ur cute, even though u are a reindeerhuman)
4. Franky (speedo.... <3 )
5. Luffy / Sanji / Zoro / Usopp (yeye.. ur guys, what do u expect? -.- )

Raysen_ht
July 08, 2008, 03:28 PM
old thread i know...

But i had to post my ideas on the matter, especially after TB and with such good prospects for SA/FI (admiral fight, Kuma is there, a bunch of strong pirates showed up and Garp might apeear.)

Ranks in fighting

1- Luffi (close/middle range) ---> Super strong (trained by Garp and a lot after Shanks left), great development and use of the powers of his DF (an unbeliveble amount of diferent attacks plus gears 2/3), almost invulnerable to blunt hits!! Besides he never NEVER gives up and is a combat genius!! He finds the best way to attack his opponents, and make up new atacks on the spot (see fight with Crocodile)

2- Zoro (close/middle range) ---> His spirit and willingness to sacrifice anything to win (even his life) really make him a terryble opponent to fight against!! Constant training makes his power increase all the time and his newly aquired aura allow him stronger technics (like Asura)! What can i say... super powerfull guy

3- Sanji (close range) / Robin (middle range) ---> I think its a tie between these 2...

Ill go with him first: Amazing kicks, and many different ways of doing it... His Diablo Jumble (or something) is a DESTROYER shot... i cant think of many people who could take one of those and keep fighting! If he used his hands, he would be tied with Zoro! Downside (in the fighting matter) is he WONT fight women (its great for his caracter though), and can only attack close enemies

Now her: Her DF ability is an overkill, if she get serius she can defeat preety much anyone (exept Logia) very fast (just crack their spine). Plus she has a great control of her power and is really smart!! Only way to defeat her is by surprise (like Moria did when he swiched with his shadow)

5- Franky (close/middle range) ---> A very powerfull body, His coupe the vent attacks are very, very strong. Plus he has many different ways to attack thx to the upgrades he made to his body!

6- Nami (middle range) ---> If u give her enough time to control the weather of the place ur fighting her, its over, she won!! her problem is that if she looses her clime tact, is also over, but she lost!! She can take out massive amouts of enemies with little effort

7- Chopper (close range) ---> his Zoan powers + rumble ball makes him a force to be reckoned. If u underestimate him ur toasted. And what makes him really dangerous is his ability to pinpoint the weackness of an opponent, and his knowlege of anatomy
If he could control monster point, he would be the 3rd one imo

8- Brooke (close/middle range) ---> Incredibly fast (only bones) and a decent swordsman we dont know everything he can do yet. I only placed him over Usopp, cause he can make people sleep (probably stun, paralise and other status changing stuf also) with his music

9- Usopp (middle/long range)---> he is getting more powerfull, and his Kabuto is preety awesome, but still the waekest one of the bunch imo!! Still.... his importance to the crew, on the fighting matter, is that he is the only long range atacker... and that can be VERY important (EL for exemple)

The Adamant Dragon
July 08, 2008, 04:11 PM
in Battle:

1. Luffy --- Do I Even have to explain that? I Just enjoy seeing this guy in Battle. He's pure Genius... The fact that he's able to turn such disgusting Ability XD into a work of art and make crazy and powerfull techniques out of it is pure genius.

2. Zoro --- ''SANTORIUU'' !!! nuff said.

3. Robin --- Assassination... Once she gets your neck its Game over.

4. Sanji

5. Brooke --- he's got more in store for us, since he's got his shadow back. We must keep a close Eye on him. We haven't seen his real strengh yet. I think we'll see what he's made of soon. Maybe his rank will go up Later on.

6. Chopper --- When he goes monster point he's just a power house. For me I fell like his strengh when in Monster point mode equals Oz's, without luffy's Devil-Fruit powers of course.

7. Franky --- He could be higher but he's Fighting style Annoy me.

8. Ussop --- When he get serious, his a force to be reconned with. Sogeking lol !

9. Nami

Raysen_ht
July 08, 2008, 05:31 PM
@The Adamant Dragon
I agree that Brook still have a lot in store for us, but imo until he shows his true power, he has to be ranked lower than 5
Why do u put nami as the lowest rank??

@Guts
ill just quote Lukas (Global moderator)

The threads are meant for discussion, so from now on posts with only the ranking without the reasons you choosed that specific ranking will be deleted. - Luckas
Quoting myself, from now on if a post will contain only a ranking and nothing else it will be deleted and the poster will be informed.
This a thread for discussing rankings, not for posting rankings. - Luckas

Even if this is an old thread u should at least read the posts on this page... (on the page ure going to post...)

The Adamant Dragon
July 08, 2008, 05:56 PM
@Raysen-kun

I Decided to rank them in combat but in accordance of who's fights and Fighting styles were the most entertening to me. Who were the ones I enjoy see fight. Beside the fact that Nami~swan got juicy boobs XD, for me her fighting style just like franky's ( He was high ranked just because he's strong and could not put him on the bottom, Even though Its not on what I Based my ranking ) a certain something, for me... however Luffy with no doubt has Imagination and is Highly entertening top see.

If I Ranked them by who I Thought were the strongests, my rankings of course would I've been complitly different.

neomaster121
July 10, 2008, 11:19 AM
Zoro luffy sanji - when it comes to technique
Zoro luffy sanji - when it comes to power
luffy sanji Zoro when it comes to speed
Luffy Zoro sanji when it comes to durablity. Luffy wins just because hes rubber
Sanji Zoro luffy when it comes to brains

Tsukisama
July 10, 2008, 11:32 AM
Zoro luffy sanji - when it comes to technique
Zoro luffy sanji - when it comes to power
luffy sanji Zoro when it comes to speed
Luffy Zoro sanji when it comes to durablity. Luffy wins just because hes rubber
Sanji Zoro luffy when it comes to brains

Did you consider any of the other Mugiwara pirates for your assessments? At least in the category of brains, I think that the other pirates have your choices definitely beaten. As the smartest crew member, I would say either Chopper or Robin. Robin is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable on a myriad of subjects. Chopper in his Brain Point is also highly intelligent and has keen analytical ability. As for the others, some of them have also displayed a good deal of intelligence as well. Usopp is a brilliant inventor; Franky is an engineering wizard; and Nami has been shown to be quite savvy too. I would probably rank any of the Strawhats I just named above Sanji, Zoro, and definitely Luffy in terms of brains.

goldb
July 10, 2008, 07:08 PM
here's my ranks: ( there might be a bit of favouritsm in favour of zoro but that's because he's my favourite character ^^)

strength
-luffy
-zoro
-chopper(monster point)
-sanji
-franky
-chopper(human form)
-brook
-robin
-ussop
-nami
-chopper

intelligence

-robin
-chopper
-ussop
-brook
-sanji
-franky
-nami
-zoro
-luffy

adventurousness

-luffy
-zoro
-ussop
-sanji
-brook
-chopper
-franky
-nami
-robin

that's all i could think of right now, lemme know what you think...

Raysen_ht
July 10, 2008, 07:46 PM
@goldb
uuhhnn
Streagth
3)chopper (monster point)
6)chopper (human form)
11) chopper... again?!?!

Well.... how is Robin weaker than Franky, Chopper (human form) (if that wasnt a mistake) and of Brooke?!?! She has a deadly, overkiller DF power.... and we havent even seen Brooke fight properly...

Inteligence
Nami is number 2 imo... she can practically read the ocean... and has almost foresight in knowing the weather!!!

Also, please elaborate a litlle on ur choices...

Tsukisama
July 10, 2008, 08:01 PM
here's my ranks: ( there might be a bit of favouritsm in favour of zoro but that's because he's my favourite character ^^)

strength
-luffy
-zoro
-chopper(monster point)
-sanji
-franky
-chopper(human form)
-brook
-robin
-ussop
-nami
-chopper

intelligence

-robin
-chopper
-ussop
-brook
-sanji
-franky
-nami
-zoro
-luffy

adventurousness

-luffy
-zoro
-ussop
-sanji
-brook
-chopper
-franky
-nami
-robin

that's all i could think of right now, lemme know what you think...

Strength: Your list seems pretty good. Chopper with his Monster Point would probably be physically stronger than Zoro, who is a mere human. By Chopper's "human form" I assume you mean his "Heavy Point." In that form, Chopper should also have superhuman strength, stronger than Sanji definitely. Since Brook is just bones, he should have no muscle; so, it is hard to say how strong he is, though I think it is fairly reasonable to leave him above Robin for now wihtout any further evidence. Chopper without anything beside it is supposed to be Chopper's Brain Point, right? If so, then I agree with the rest of the list.

Intelligence: I would also place Robin at the top with Chopper's Brain Point next. Usopp as next is okay, but Franky seems like he would be the next most intelligent to me. His engineering prowess requires a very sharp mind. After that, I would think that Nami is the next smartest. The rest of list looks agreeable.

Adventurousness: This is an interesting category. I am not sure how you defined "adventurous," because you have Usopp as the third most adventurous when he is usually the most afraid to go somewhere dangerous and unknown with Chopper a close second as the least adventurous IMO.

Quoting myself, from now on if a post will contain only a ranking and nothing else it will be deleted and the poster will be informed.
This a thread for discussing rankings, not for posting rankings.

I think Luckas has posted this enough times, and it will no longer be posted again. Posts in this need to contain discussion of your lists and not just lists. Expect lists without any reasons to just be deleted from this post onward.

goldb
July 17, 2008, 08:32 PM
the way i listed my posts were based on whether or not i thought one could defeat the other in a one on one battle, i have slight favouritism towards zoro in most things but i reckon he is stronger than monster point chopper...not just physical strength, which i think what most people commented on, but also stamina and all other necessary battle attributes...

kuriorisu
July 19, 2008, 09:55 AM
intelligence

-robin
-chopper
-ussop
-brook
-sanji
-franky
-nami
-zoro
-luffy

"According to Oda, Nami is the third smartest character in the East Blue Saga/Arc." That is all I have to say.

Ok carrying on. Here's my list...

-luffy
-zoro (will give luffy a good go)
-sanji (i don't think he is on par with zoro, but zoro does think of him as a rival)
-franky
-brooke (seeing his shadow, is good enough for him to be here)
-ussop
-chopper (haven't seen a good fighting scene with him)
-robin
-nami (even though she is last, I still think she is strong, she can withstand Rayliegh's Haki)

I put Ussop at such a place generally because of his stamina, personally I hate him, but I've realised how much damage he can take. He could probably stay in a fight longer than the characters under him. e.g Robin, even though she's got a crazy DF, her body can't keep up with it.

Organizized
July 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
You hate Usopp? *gaaaaaaaaaasp* Why? :O

I'd put Robin on par with, if not above him though. Her ability is rather dangerous when it comes to fighting.

And Nami shouldn't be last imo, her clima tact is devastating. She usually takes out whole groups of marines at the same time with her thunder bolt tempo. She should be at least above Chopper when you consider that (even though Chopper is stronger close-range).

kuriorisu
July 19, 2008, 02:58 PM
You hate Usopp? *gaaaaaaaaaasp* Why? :O

I'd put Robin on par with, if not above him though. Her ability is rather dangerous when it comes to fighting.

And Nami shouldn't be last imo, her clima tact is devastating. She usually takes out whole groups of marines at the same time with her thunder bolt tempo. She should be at least above Chopper when you consider that (even though Chopper is stronger close-range).

Hm, More like I acknowledge his character.

True about Robin, and also true about Nami. Yeah, thinking about it now Nami probably is stronger than Chopper. But I'm probably still gonna stick with my reasoning.

bittman
July 20, 2008, 08:04 PM
Not gonna make my own list, but just wanted to say that too many people have put Nami last for some obscure reason.

In my opinion: Nami > Usopp, Chopper, Brooke (and maybe Franky). I'll also reference kuriorisu's comment on Nami's intelligence and say I would put her only second to Robin. With her weather stick (Climatact), her intelligence and stunning good looks I don't see how the weaker portion of the Strawhats are meant to be better fighters.

And Usopp's intelligence is equal to Franky's. They can build things, sure, but they aren't going to pass any college exams.

DutchPhoenix
July 22, 2008, 08:54 AM
lucky for luffy that zoro regained his memory in ep 223.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1048/luffyvszoroll1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Organizized
July 22, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'd say going by fighting abilities, Nami > Chopper and Usopp at most. I always look at Usopp as kinda strong because his accuracy is something else and he has some devastating weapons as well (just because he made Nami's clima tact doesn't mean he can't make stronger weopons) and there's never been a doubt in my mind that Brook is stronger. But it's true that Nami's intelligence is on the top 3 of the crew (Robin and Chopper being the two others) and if you go by looks she's #1.

@post above: I don't get it?

paradoxe
July 27, 2008, 12:37 AM
1. Luffy - hes the captain. With gear 2nd and gear 3rd, hes both the fastest and the strongest. His willpower is unparalleled, and he has an astute tactical mind, which is surprising.

2. Zoro / Sanji -I'd say Zoro is slightly stronger, but not by much. The pair has always been portrayed as rivals, and this is reflected by their opponents (Mr 2 rivaling Mr 1, Jyabura considering himself stronger then Kaku). In terms of pure power and raw strength, Zoro should be a lot stronger, and his techniques are also deadlier, and his fortitude is greater (being able to take a lot more damage). However, Sanji is much faster, and should be able to dodge or parry many of Zoro's attacks. His intelligence is also very useful in combat.It should be noted that hes the guy who saved the Strawhats asses many times, in Arabasta and in Enies Lobby.

3. Franky - Theres a huge divide between 2 and 3 in terms of power, imo (like the divide in terms of power between the lesser members of the CP9 and the CP9 'monster trio'). Franky has monstrous strength, but his power is lacking. His punches are strong but way too slow, and I can't see his weaponry working too well against higher level opponents. However, I can see him powering up in the future by getting Dr Vegapunk to upgrade his body and give him some better weapons. Laser Franky, anyone?

4. Brook - Opposite of Franky IMO. Whilst Franky is strong and relies on weaponry, Brook
is really fast, and relies on technique. His fighting style is unique, though the difference in skill between him and Zoro is huge.

5. Chopper - Hes taken on several strong opponents. Not much to say really, his physical power isn't that impressive, but hes versatile and intelligent.

6. Robin - I dunno why people always overrate Robin's power. If she was very strong, she would have been able to take on Talarn the Zombie General, and stronger opponents. She has a very useful ability, but it is hindered by the fact that the strength of each limb corresponds with the strength of the limb on her real body, and rendering this ability more or less useless against stronger opponents (in fact I can't even see her winning against Blueno or Fukurou). That said, her speciality is assassination and not combat, and her experience should serve her well.

7. Usopp / Nami - Specialists in different fields. Its been stated that Nami is the weakest member of the Strawhats in a past data book, however that was before she got her climatact. Her physical ability is still the weakest though, and Usopp's fortitude is very strong (probably stronger then Robin or Chopper), and he can take a lot of hits. However, he lacks a 'mass destruction' technique like Nami's thunderstorm, and so may find it hard to take out a large crowd of enemies quickly and effectively. Hes unparallelled in terms of long ranged attacks though, and I do not doubt he would be the world's best sniper by the end of the manga.

Raysen_ht
July 27, 2008, 09:02 AM
Good reasoning @paradox!! I agree with 1, 2, 3 and 7... although i think that 7 should be 6...
About Robin i will not comment because u already gave ur answears to what i would say... we will just have to agree to desagree... i say she is on par with Franky

We havent even seen Brook fight properly yet... so i would have to put him at 7 (but this will probably change soon)...

About chopper i think the you missed the most deadly point of him... he can see the weak spot of any opponent!!!

DutchPhoenix
July 28, 2008, 06:08 AM
when zoro and luffy did fight for the second time, zoro actually won

paradoxe
July 28, 2008, 07:08 AM
1) No he didn't actually win. Or else Luffy'd be dead.

2) It was filler.

3) Did Luffy fight to his full strength? Gear 2nd or 3rd?

Ya kno Usopp also beat up Luffy pretty bad.. doesnt really mean Ussopp is stronger then Luffy or even close to his level.

Superman
July 28, 2008, 08:49 AM
God you guys still dont get it.
Do you live behind the moon or what wrong with the most of you.
Because so many people are always complaining that Luffy is the captain and Zoro is stronger than him Oda took a clear line.
Gear 2 and Gear 3.
I dont know if anybody ever heard about those two gears, but like it seams that the most never saw them in action because then you now the truth.
Mister eiichiro oda made it that the people see who is the boss.
Man! He cant make clearer that Luffy is without question the far strongest.

You annalize wayyyyyyyy to much, way to much.
If Zoro would this if Luffy would that.
Stop.
If a fight will happen between those two Luffy stamp Zoro into the ground with ease.
He can even use both gears together. My god Oda made it even more clearer i forgot he used both.
What in the fucking world make you doubt mister Luffy will not win against mister Bushido.
That is so unlogical like a car without tires or a plane without wings.

However.

1. Luffy
2.Zoro/Robin. I dont underestimate Zoro but i tell you dont underestimate Robin either. She is smart has a 100% deadly abillity with which she can let things fly and of course make limbs ears eyes.
If James Bond would be a woman named Robin Bond (shitty name :XD) she would be it.
3.Sanji
4.Franky/Brook
5.Nami, Usopp, Chopper

paradoxe
July 28, 2008, 09:32 AM
he is smart has a 100% deadly abillity with which she can let things fly and of course make limbs ears eyes.
If James Bond would be a woman named Robin Bond (shitty name ) she would be it.

God you still don't get it.

Theres a reason why the Luffy Zoro and Sanji are called teh Monster Trio, and theres a reason why Robin isn't in it.

*rolls eyes*

Organizized
July 28, 2008, 10:37 AM
^ Is so right. Robin can take out easy opponents who don't have the ability to react fast enough. She can also get hurt through her Hana Hanas so even with 200 of them (which is the maximum), against a strong enough opponent she'd get pretty damn hurt if he attacked them (considering she'd take the damage x 200). She can fly for what, five seconds?

Superman, you bitch at people for not seeing "how obvious Oda has made it" that Zoro is weaker than Luffy. Well I'll tell you what, ask pretty much anyone and they'll say it's much more obvious that Robin < Sanji and Zoro than that Zoro < Luffy.

Tsukisama
July 28, 2008, 12:13 PM
^ Is so right. Robin can take out easy opponents who don't have the ability to react fast enough. She can also get hurt through her Hana Hanas so even with 200 of them (which is the maximum), against a strong enough opponent she'd get pretty damn hurt if he attacked them (considering she'd take the damage x 200). She can fly for what, five seconds?

Just curious: where was it stated that she can only produce 200 Hanas? I know that Oda in a SBS edition said that she can produce body parts up to 200 Hanas away from her location, but I did not think that any other limitations had been set on her ability.

Also, Robin does say 5 seconds (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/453/16/), but it could be that she had a little less time limit because she also had to hold Franky. If she wasn't carrying him, perhaps she could support herself in the air for a little longer. Plus, although she could probably only fly for a certain period, perhaps she could still glide for longer.

Superman
July 28, 2008, 04:27 PM
She can fly for what, five seconds?

Superman, you bitch at people for not seeing "how obvious Oda has made it" that Zoro is weaker than Luffy. Well I'll tell you what, ask pretty much anyone and they'll say it's much more obvious that Robin < Sanji and Zoro than that Zoro < Luffy.

Yeah Sanji couldnt get out of her grasp.
The Zoro Zombie on TB even had problems with it and he is absolutely stronger than Zoro.
So i wonder.
I dont mean who has more muscles, i mean who would win in a fight.
She cant break Luffy because he is Rubber but she is a serious opponent like Zoro, without gear 2, 3 or both together.

However.
I didnt mean that she can fly/gliding (your right 5 seconds are pretty lame:D)i mean that she can let things fly.
For example humans and other stuff.
Look at the first meeting on Marry in Wiskey Peak.
She let Usopp and Sanji fly away and then she let Luffys strawhat and the Logport fly.
Why she dont use it again? I have no clue maybe Oda forgot it by himself or she just seems too strong with that.
The most people forget what potential she has.
What i am explaining here was in the anime, but it comes from Oda.
Dunno if these abillitys of Robin were shown in the manga.

And if so many people wanna see Zorro win seriously over Luffy, they better draw their own One Piece, because in Odachis this case will never happen, just alone because these bakas are nakama. Buzz destroyed. Pretty cocky heh.:D:p

Anyway.
Organized sounds like you are on my side with Luffy vs. Zoro stuff right?
Ill stop bitching but only because of you.:XD;):grin
[hr]

God you still don't get it.

Theres a reason why the Luffy Zoro and Sanji are called teh Monster Trio, and theres a reason why Robin isn't in it.

*rolls eyes*

Real nice comment i have to give you that.;)
However where is it stated.

I really have to think well here, because i just enjoying the manga because it is the best ever but im not annalyzeing everything.
Have no time for that.:D
But really good comment if they really are called like that.;):grin:amuse
But she will make sanji down anyways if he wouldnt cook so well.:XD
She just has the upper hand.

DutchPhoenix
July 28, 2008, 05:03 PM

2) It was filler.

Ya kno Usopp also beat up Luffy pretty bad.. doesnt really mean Ussopp is stronger then Luffy or even close to his level.

luffy didnt die coz zoro regained his memmory when sanji kicked that octopus :)

just saying luffy and zoro are equal in power

but when its luffy vs zoro, zoro wins due hes swordmaster

but luffy has often the ability to take down the strongest ones due his DF (like lucci / enel)

and zoro beat up guys who luffy cant beat (like mr 1 for sample)

ANBU4U
July 28, 2008, 05:13 PM

2) It was filler.

Usopp was destroyed by Luffy. While he played his hand as best he could, he was utterly incapable of inflicting more than superficial damage to Luffy. His best attack, the impact dial, broke his own arm...and then Luffy 1 shot him.

Mind you, Ussop's performance was enhanced by 1) his knowledge of Luffy's fighting style, and B) Luffy's reluctance (despite his words) to truly obliterate Ussop.
[hr]

God you guys still dont get it.
Do you live behind the moon or what wrong with the most of you.
Because so many people are always complaining that Luffy is the captain and Zoro is stronger than him Oda took a clear line.
Gear 2 and Gear 3.
I dont know if anybody ever heard about those two gears, but like it seams that the most never saw them in action because then you now the truth.
Mister eiichiro oda made it that the people see who is the boss.
Man! He cant make clearer that Luffy is without question the far strongest.

You annalize wayyyyyyyy to much, way to much.
If Zoro would this if Luffy would that.
Stop.
If a fight will happen between those two Luffy stamp Zoro into the ground with ease.
He can even use both gears together. My god Oda made it even more clearer i forgot he used both.
What in the fucking world make you doubt mister Luffy will not win against mister Bushido.
That is so unlogical like a car without tires or a plane without wings.

However.

1. Luffy
2.Zoro/Robin. I dont underestimate Zoro but i tell you dont underestimate Robin either. She is smart has a 100% deadly abillity with which she can let things fly and of course make limbs ears eyes.
If James Bond would be a woman named Robin Bond (shitty name :XD) she would be it.
3.Sanji
4.Franky/Brook
5.Nami, Usopp, Chopper
I too am of the opinion that Luffy would win, but it's not nearly so obvious as you claim.

Zorro deflected Oz's punch with two swords, so he can handle gear third. Gear second is the real problem...but perhaps Asura can counter that?

We also have to consider that swordsmanship may well be the best counter to Luffy's skill set, as he is next to immune to blunt force.

(Assuming Luffy is the strongest, everyone else is judged by how the would preform in a 1 on 1 fight with him)

Luffy
Zorro
Sanji

Brooke
Franky

Robin

Nami
Ussop

Chopper

Organizized
July 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
Just curious: where was it stated that she can only produce 200 Hanas? I know that Oda in a SBS edition said that she can produce body parts up to 200 Hanas away from her location, but I did not think that any other limitations had been set on her ability.

Also, Robin does say 5 seconds (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/453/16/), but it could be that she had a little less time limit because she also had to hold Franky. If she wasn't carrying him, perhaps she could support herself in the air for a little longer. Plus, although she could probably only fly for a certain period, perhaps she could still glide for longer.

Misinterpreted the part with the "Hana hanas", sorry about that. And I guess you're right about the flying part and she might be able to fly for a little longer, but to be honest, it doesn't make that much of a differense. I was just trying to get the message through that Robin is weaker that Zoro and Sanji.

Anyway.
Organized sounds like you are on my side with Luffy vs. Zoro stuff right?
Ill stop bitching but only because of you.

How does it sound that way? x) I started out by agreeing with paradoxe who said Luffy, Sanji & Zoro = monster trio, Robin = not monster trio. Not monster trio < Monster trio.
Also, I said pretty much anyone would say Robin is weaker than all three. Me included. By this I don't mean Sanji would beat her in a fight, but this du to his kishido style only.

@ANBU4U's ratings: Now THAT'S more like it! That's imo the most reasonable ratings I've seen in this thread yet. And that's the way it should be measured to, judging from a "vs. Luffy"-angle.

Oh and just one more thing..

The Zoro Zombie on TB even had problems with it and he is absolutely stronger than Zoro.

Say what?

DutchPhoenix
July 29, 2008, 04:49 AM
dont forget Zoro is starting to develop a sort of mantra ^^

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/417/12/

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/195/16/

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/195/17/

sabret00the
July 29, 2008, 06:13 AM
Basically making the above list more realistic.

strength
-luffy
-zoro
-sanji
-chopper (rumble ball overdose/monster point)
-franky
-robin
-brooke
-chopper (rumble ball formations)
-chopper (base formations)
-nami
-usopp

In terms of strength, we saw Sanji kick Odz away, his landing was great but he pretty much managed one of the biggest feats against Odz. We all know of Zoro and Luffy's strength. I'll be the first to say that Zoro is physically stronger than Zoro, but in terms of fighting ability, i rank them the same. Usopp is the weakest because Oda said so, while Nami's base strength doesn't match Choppers heavy point at all. I reckon Brook can inflict more damage than Chopper and Franky is the strongest of the mid-tier fighters.

intelligence/smarts
-robin
-chopper
-sanji
-franky
-nami
-usopp
-brooke
-zoro
-luffy

Robin is a human font of knowledge, i questioned whether that constitutes as intelligence or not, but i'll give it to her. The same goes for Chopper. Sanji and Franky have been shown as the best at assimilating their abilities into battle along with Nami who does so through her weapon. We know that Zoro and Luffy are dumb and we just don't know enough about Brooke.

adventurousness
-luffy
-sanji
-brooke
-franky
-nami
-usopp
-chopper
-robin
-zoro

Well it goes without saying that Luffy is at the top of this list. I put Zoro so low because i don't think he would be adventuring if not for Luffy, i think he'd just be searching. Once Sanji shed his bonds, his inner adventurer was out. Brooke was a captain. Franky is like Sanji. Nami wants to explore the world for her maps, whether that includes adventuring or not, i dunno. Usopp is only there because of Luffy, he wanted to adventure but would've avoided all dangerous places without Luffy. Chopper would've never left Drum without Luffy and Robin isn't in the crew for adventuring, she's there for companionship.

ZeroChrome
July 29, 2008, 06:43 AM
intelligence/smarts
-robin
-chopper
-sanji
-franky
-nami
-usopp
-brooke
-zoro
-luffy

I'm not against you, but it's kinda funny you put chopper as second. have a look at these. you might want to change ur mind :p

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7485/05sz5.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/291/06bx6.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/789/07bt8.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/827/08dq4.jpg

sabret00the
July 29, 2008, 09:05 AM
I'm not against you, but it's kinda funny you put chopper as second. have a look at these. you might want to change ur mind :p

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7485/05sz5.jpg

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/291/06bx6.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/789/07bt8.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/827/08dq4.jpg
Oh don't get me wrong, he's gullible as f-word but he's smart when he's focused on a task.

meh, you're right, relegate him to the realms of zoro and luffy :D

BlackHair
July 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
I'm far too lazy to read all posts, so I will just post on topic :P

strength
-luffy / zoro
-sanji
-franky
-chopper
-brooke / chopper
-robin
-usopp
-nami

If we let them fight 1vs1.. I guess that would be the outcome. Well about Luffy/Zorro and Chopper/Brook am not sure about, so I let them in tie.

intelligence
-robin
-sanji/nami
-chopper
-franky/usopp
-brooke
-zoro
-luffy

Their intelligence if its asked or if they are serious.

stupidity (Oda jokes xD)
-luffy
-ussope -brook - chopper
-zorro
-sanji
-nami
-robin (=0%)

The list is based on the daily life of ths SHs.

adventurousness
-luffy
-robin
-sanji - zoro -franky
-brooke
-nami
-chopper
-usopp

Well everyone is out there, 'coz of their purposes. So this list is also based on their daily life.

regards

paradoxe
July 29, 2008, 10:16 AM
@ANBU4U's ratings: Now THAT'S more like it! That's imo the most reasonable ratings I've seen in this thread yet. And that's the way it should be measured to, judging from a "vs. Luffy"-angle.

T.T

Yu don't agree wtih my rankings? :(

How can Chopper be weaker then Nami or Usopp -.-

Anyways..

Real nice comment i have to give you that.
However where is it stated.

I really have to think well here, because i just enjoying the manga because it is the best ever but im not annalyzeing everything.
Have no time for that.
But really good comment if they really are called like that.
But she will make sanji down anyways if he wouldnt cook so well.
She just has the upper hand.

Do yu know the weakness of her fruit?

We shall assume that she fights with her arms, using the hana hana fruit. Considering the maximum number of hana hanas is 200, this would mean that she is 200x stronger then the average marine. Since an average marine is 10 douriki, and Sanji beat an opponent with 2000+ douriki, we can assume that he is at least 200x stronger then the average marine.

Thats my first point.

My second point is that Sanji has many special attacks which don't relate to physical strength (which is the only thing measured by douriki). For example, Sanji's agility isn't measured by douriki nor his special moves (like Diamble Jambe). By contrast, Robin's only attacks are physical. Shes weak in terms of fortitude compared with Sanji, i.e. she can take less hits before going down, and shes slower and can't dodge as well as him.

My third point is the weakness of her fruit. Its been stated in the manga that
If Robin's replicated body parts are damaged in some way, the damage appears on her actual body. This means that if shes scratched on her artificial arm, the same scratch would appear on the corresponding arm on her real body. This is a major weakness, because it is amplified along with the number of body parts she decides to replicate. If a cut appears on 6 of her arms, then 6 cuts will appear on her real arm. Since she is so weak in terms of fortitude and stamina, I doubt she can take many hits. This is why she has fought so few (strong) opponents, since she has to becareful because it is very easy for her to be crippled or even killed.

Organizized
July 29, 2008, 11:57 AM
I didn't even see your rankings, I was referring to Superman's which I indeed saw and didn't like. And wait, why are you talking like I was the one saying Robin was stronger? I was on your side all along. :p

Also, for your last point.. I know and agree and that's why I said like I said on the page before this one:

She can also get hurt through her Hana Hanas so even with 200 of them (which is the maximum), against a strong enough opponent she'd get pretty damn hurt if he attacked them (considering she'd take the damage x 200).

Shouldn't it be she's about 100 times stronger than the average marine though (since they have two arms and two legs) and she has 202 arms/legs if she wants. 200/2=100. just pointing out. ^^

So yeah, I was always against Sanji being weaker and I don't see why people keep misunderstanding me. ><

Tsukisama
July 29, 2008, 01:39 PM
We shall assume that she fights with her arms, using the hana hana fruit. Considering the maximum number of hana hanas is 200, this would mean that she is 200x stronger then the average marine. Since an average marine is 10 douriki, and Sanji beat an opponent with 2000+ douriki, we can assume that he is at least 200x stronger then the average marine.

Just to clear this up before it goes any further, we don't know how many Hanas Robin can produce. The only limit that has been placed on her ability is that she can produce Hanas up to a distance of 200 Hanas away from herself. It was stated in the SBS for Chapter 257 (you can see it here (http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS/28)). Within her range of 200 Hanas, she could potentially produce an infinite amount of body parts (or at least as many that would fit into the 200 Hana radius limit, which would definitely be more than 200 Hanas).

Thus, Robin can produce more than 200 Hanas.

Even so, I would be inclined to agree that Robin is probably physically weaker than Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Franky (if she was fighting fair). (Fighting unfairly, she could do something like what she did in her attempts to get Franky to join the crew, but these types of underhanded moves would hopefully not be used.) If she used an extremely large number of limbs, then she could potentially exhibit huge amounts of strength, but I doubt that she ever would, because it would also leave her very vulnerable to attack.

Thus, I think that Robin is capable of greater feats of physical strength than Sanji, but she would never be able to successfully use them in combat situations .

fallou
July 29, 2008, 02:19 PM
He can even use both gears together.
When the hell did he do that?

Organizized
July 29, 2008, 02:31 PM
Against Moria.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/482/13/

Raysen_ht
July 29, 2008, 02:34 PM
When he was fighting Moria...
here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/482/13/
Notice the comment frank makes... and u can clearly see he is making the bone baloon... the page before he was activating gear second

monkey D luffy
July 29, 2008, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Superman;966268]Yeah Sanji couldnt get out of her grasp.

how did you get to this conclusion? because brooke's zombie was stronger?
brooke's zombie had better sword and body.
zoro was stronger then his zombie for sure since he has better swords and tougher body, yeah he cant get up from everything but we so that the zombies cant either. when oz bashed the zombies that where under him they pretty much die they were annihilated

my ranking:

1. luffy
2. zoro
3. (not far behind) sanji
all the others are quite tied since all became strong as hell (brooke with his new attack, franky with his brute force, nami can control weather as if she had an abillity, chopper with the points, robin using her brains and abillity)

paradoxe
July 29, 2008, 08:29 PM
I didn't even see your rankings, I was referring to Superman's which I indeed saw and didn't like. And wait, why are you talking like I was the one saying Robin was stronger? I was on your side all along.

Also, for your last point.. I know and agree and that's why I said like I said on the page before this one:

Sorry quoted the wrong person :P

Should fix it now.

Thus, I think that Robin is capable of greater feats of physical strength than Sanji, but she would never be able to successfully use them in combat situations .

Haha thats reasonable enough.

Still you aren't taking into account Sanji's spcial moves like Diable Jambe or his agility (like I said before). And Sanji has far greater potential for growth then Robin. In fact, most of the Strawhats (barring none probably) have far greater potential for growth when compared iwth Robin.

Tsukisama
July 29, 2008, 09:47 PM
Haha thats reasonable enough.

Still you aren't taking into account Sanji's spcial moves like Diable Jambe or his agility (like I said before). And Sanji has far greater potential for growth then Robin. In fact, most of the Strawhats (barring none probably) have far greater potential for growth when compared iwth Robin.

I would agree on the growth. Robin does not seem like she is likely to grow much in the terms of her fighting capacities. She has never shown much desire to increase her strength. (In fact I can't recall her ever displaying any.) Of the Strawhats, she is probably the most static character.

Even so, I don't think that Sanji will ever reach a level of physical strength that would be greater than what Robin could accomplish. With enough arms, for example, she could probably lift a ship; it's really just simple physics, as it would spread the amount of the counteractive force due to the ship's weight over the many arms, reducing the amount of work each arm would have to perform. Sanji, although I expect him to grow more powerful, I don't expect him to ever reach the point where he could lift an entire ship. (Oda may surprise me with his development by the end of the series, but for right now, I am very dubious.)

This level of strength, however, like I said earlier, would not be very applicable to Robin in a combat situation, because someone could attack her limbs and she just lacks the physical fortitude to withstand serious injuries. Thus, Sanji will likely always remain tougher than Robin, while Robin will remain physically capable of doing more than Sanji.

If Robin actually did decide to train and become physically stronger, then her bloomed limbs would likely become stronger too, allowing for her to do more, but again she is not likely to train to become any stronger than she is. Her role on the ship has never been that of a fighter (she does fight occasionally but usually not as a the main opponent or against someone significant), and she will likely remain maintain her primary function of offering the Strawhat crew assistance in a passive (outside of combat) capacity.

Mr.Popo
August 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
I think you overestimate Robin a bit. She is strong, but also weak.

She can grow many arms (or whatever) to greatly increase her strength, so it might be possible that she could lift a ship, but that doesn't mean she could hit an enemy with a strong impact. She also has to endure the aftermath of the impact and that would be a big problem for her. And you already talked about the feedback to her physical limbs.

Another thing is her stamina. She can grow many arms to imitate wings, but she could only fly for five(?) seconds!

To sum it up: she isn't the fighter type and there is no need for it.

That said here is my ranking:
I put them into groups, because there are too many aspects in a fight and in the end it depends on the circumstances.

1) Luffy, Zorro, Sanji
The "Monster Trio", there should be no doubt.
Luffy and Zorro are slightly stronger than Sanji who seems to be the only pure close combat fighter now (+ Chopper).

2) Nami, Franky, Chopper, Ussup, Robin
Nami displayed strong fighting capabilities lately with her new weapon.
Ussop is one of the best long range fighters in OP-World, but showed short- and mid-range combat abilities on Water 7 and Thriller Bark.

3) Brooks
Brooks is still a bit unknown to me, so the third group.

It comes down to basically two groups. The rank inside each group highly depends on the circumstances they are more or less equal among each others.

BlackHair
August 19, 2008, 05:01 PM
2) Nami
3) Ussop

I don't get why so many ppl are underestimating Ussope. True he is a dumbass, weakling and his fighting style is shit like. But to put him under Nami.. I don't think he would lose to her in a fair fight, where both of them would fight on a neutral field without any advantages for each of them.

Namis attacks prop do more damage then Ussopes, but she needs a lot of time to prepare for of it. Since Ussope made the weapon and he also saw how Nami fights with it, he could estimate what kind of attack she will use and how long it will take to be charged. Even if Nami manage to fool him with her knowledge about the nature, Ussope could easily hit her, since he is lot faster with his attacks and he also has bigger range.

Furthermore Nami is a navigator and Ussope a sniper. His work is directly linked to fighting, while hers not. Ussope can handle also more damage. I rly dont see how he could loss to her..

Its the only fighting scenario which comes through my mind if I think about them fighting on circumstances, where both of them has no advantages.

btw. I read some1 saying that is is stated by Oda, that she is stronger. Couldn't find any proof for it. Should he/she reads my post here or an1 other, plz post the source of ur info.

Mr.Popo
August 19, 2008, 06:29 PM
I don't get why so many ppl are underestimating Ussope. You are absolutely right. I rethought about it and realized that i forgot Ussops fight against Luffy on Water 7 and against the zombies on Thriller Bark.
I edited my rank in the previous post.

True he is a dumbass, weakling and his fighting style is shit like. But to put him under Nami.. I like his fighting style.

Than i can only make two ranks and in each group they are more or less equal among each other. But they are too different to equally fight against every opponent. They have different strengths and weaknesses.

Organizized
August 20, 2008, 10:18 AM
True, he put up a surprisingly good fight against Luffy at W7, but the reason was that he knew Luffy's capabilites already. He knew pretty much how Luffy would attack and even made preparations and plans on how to beat him. And I must also add that Luffy was hurt, but not that badly.. He got a cactus on his hand, he swallowed some tabasco sauce, he stepped on some caltrops.. Usopp got in two fatal blows, one with the gas explosion and one with the impact dial (which almost broke his own arm, but left Luffy standing). Against any other enemy of Luffy's caliber, that he didn't know in and out, he wouldn't have done nearly that good.

And I'm not dissing Usopp; he's one of my SH favs, and his fighting style sure is nice imo too. I've always been a fan of his sniping skills. And I do think he's stronger than Nami. The point I'm trying to make is just that against really strong people, he doesn't stand a single chance.

Naruffy
February 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
The whole purpose of this thread is to list The Straw Hats from weakest to strongest, In your opinion and explain why.

Revised

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Robin
6. Brook
7. Chopper
8. Nami
9. Usopp

I do believe that I underrated Robin, but I don't think she's stronger than Brook + Chopper; Robin's clutch is strong but there is more to a fight than just her Clutch, She hasn't show any extraordinary speed, so she wouldn't easily be able to beat Brook.

Sachsenhesse
February 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
1. Zoro (yeah hit me with a rock but after that kumaincident i believe he is now the strongest)
2. Luffy
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Chopper
6. Usopp
7. Brook
8. Robin
9. Nami

chess4
February 23, 2010, 04:11 PM
1. Zoro (yeah hit me with a rock but after that kumaincident i believe he is now the strongest)
2. Luffy
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Chopper
6. Usopp
7. Brook
8. Robin
9. Nami

i agree with this list for the most part except for zoro being stronger than luffy. usopp strength cant be measured like everyone else, since he is a sniper. if usopp could fight like he did against luffy all the time, he could jump up to number 4.

as a mater of fact if u look at the the red hairs top 4 members, they are just an older version of the hats.

crazy strong captain, cool as ice vice captain, 2nd mate with oral fixation, and the dead eye sniper.

i think when its all said an done, usopp will be one of the top 4

Danre
February 23, 2010, 05:13 PM
In the original post, I thought you put "Garp in strength" after Sanji, and I laughed out loud.

Anyway, I agree with the revised rankings from the original poster, although I think the gap between Zoro and Sanji is widening here lately.

bittman
February 23, 2010, 05:45 PM
Let my post my rankings from a previous thread, and then give detailed explanations:

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Robin
6. Chopper
7. Brooke
8. Nami
9. Ussop

1) Should be self explanatory. Luffy with Gear 2 is far beyond Zoro, without gears (or even with gear 3) they are almost incomparably close. Gear 2 is still a far greater "form" than Zoro's Asura though, but without those forms it would almost be impossible to see a difference between their strength levels.

2) Zoro should also be self explanatory. Always comparable to Luffy's strength, their only comparison was back at the start of grand line when they were equal, and they're growth has almost (albeit the gears mentioned earlier) been equal.

3) Sanji rounds off the "Monster Trio". Always seen as close to Zoro and in competition, but never so much with Luffy in particular. Sanji's Diable form upgraded his power, but his speed and damage output is lower than Luffy and Zoro respectively.

4) Franky, in my opinion, is far closer to Sanji than many actually see. Sure he's taken a beating from Pacifistas, Oars and what not, but we're talking about a man made of metal with, quite possibly, one of the strongest attacks of the SH crew in his Coup de Vent. I don't see an enormous gap between Franky and Sanji, I couldn't honestly pick a winner, but since Sanji has a bigger fanbase than Franky I'm sure you could all tell me who the winner would be.

5) Robin is, by all of you, underrated. You all say "oh man she can't topple castles or outrun a speeding bullet", and this is all true, but her ability is still broken. To date, the only time I've seen her struggle is really against Moria, whose abilities allowed him to outmanouvre her clutch. If she was fighting Zoro, she could grab his arms and pin him down. If it was Sanji, pin his legs. If it was Franky, squash his balls. If it was Luffy...well she'd probably just stretch him a little. And then I see stuff like "Well someone strong could stop her from doing stuff" and all I really should have to do is point to how many arms she made to hold Moria (a "giant" human...thing...) in place. If it was also simply a battle of strength, you're basically saying everyone she's defeated (Pell, fat Skypeia guy, etc) are comparable to Ussop in strength or something ludicrous.

6) Chopper has always been the middle of the gang, and he will stay here. I remain unimpressed by Monster Point given the obvious lack of control and any discernable traits other than "growing huge", in which case he's basically a Gear 3 Chopper without a brain. That said, his other points are still very useful, and his damage on Oars with Arm Point was insane. Multi-talented, but still has a lot of room to grow.

7) Brooke is overrated by everyone on the other hand because he has a sword I imagine. Apparantly swords = better than people without swords except Luffy? Brooke is fast, sure. He has some good technical skill, sure. However, we've been shown that his stamina is low (running on water tires him out fast), he is super fragile (all damage breaks his bones, he has no "cushioning") and his damage output is not remarkable in any way. When you throw in his music he appears to have more combat ability, but everyone I've ranked above him should be able to pick him apart quite easily.

8) Nami is above Ussop, but some are blinded by the fact that Ussop finally won a battle in the Thriller Park arc. Nami has three elements which allow illusions, AoE damage, control over local weather, targetted damage and defensive measures. Nami was also, by Oda, ranked as one of the smartest people in the East Blue, and is still one of the smartest in the Strawhats (behind Robin nowdays though). She's still pretty much a "normal" human, yet has managed to take out some, typically, strong enemies since the introduction of her Climatact. Of course, she's only female, and japanese Shonen ranks females as about 10x weaker than males for some reason.

9) But then we have Ussop. He is unremarkable in every way except that he has a fair amount of sniping skill, comes up with some nice inventions, and is an incurable liar. He is the most basic "normal human" in existence. When he gets hit, bones break like they should. When he runs, he doesn't disappear faster than eyes can follow. When pitted against his own crew, Ussop might be remarkable in exploiting their weaknesses. However, Ussop still remains the SH with the lowest damage output and least amount of "wins" uner his belt. I can see he has grown since Enies Lobby, but only to somewhat catch the lower tier Strawhat's who he had, very quickly, been falling behind. Oda will never make anyone in the crew weaker than Ussop, it's what makes his character.

---

Ok that was a long bit of typing, just thought I'd get it out there. Too much overrating Monster Trio and other favourite characters out there.

THM Nindo
February 23, 2010, 06:03 PM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Brooke
8. Nami
9. Usopp

Brooke and Robin really are interchangeable for the 6th position...
It's hard to tell right now, because we didn't see enough fight involving Brooke.

1. Luffy
Basically, he always has been the strongest since the beginning.
If he fight opponent that are faster than him, he can rely on Gear2, if he fight people that requires a really hard punch, he can rely on Gear3.
+ as soon as he develop his Haki, he will be able to hit the Logia guys

2. Zoro
No question about it. Zoro has always been the strongest of the group, sometime even on par with Luffy.
I think he's probably the only one that could stand a chance against Luffy.

3. Sanji
Sanji is good and he's strong, but even though his kicks are hard, they will never hit as hard as Zoro's blade, IMO.

4. Franky
Franky has a nice arsenal of attacks and except from his back, he can possibly take a lot of damage before getting broken.
Only thing against him, if there's no more cola, he can't even fire one bullet, and became totally useless.

5. Chopper
Chopper is the wild card of the crew.
With his rumble ball, he has a lot of different forms, and he can do various attack, his capacity of finding weak points can also be very useful.
Once he gets to control the Monster form, he will easily be one of the strongest of the group (above Franky for sure, possibly above Sanji too).

6. Robin
Robin devil fruit is everything for her.
Apart from her power, she is totally useless. She has no combat skills and she's neither fast, neither strong, neither endurant.
And her hold can be break by strenght only.

PS: People might say that Robin could possibly win against people above her, but just think if it was a really fight. Chopper would change mode and would outstrenght her, same thing goes for Franky and Sanji, not even talking about Zoro and Luffy.

7. Brooke
I think he's a great swordman, and he's really fast.
He didn't have the chance to show much of his skill yet (until we see a 1 vs 1, we can't really judge his skills), but I think he's better than we think.
His swordskill are lower than Zoro for sure, but I think he's good enough.
And we can't forget that he can put people to sleep with his songs (and possibly can put them in other states with different songs).
Only bad thing : I don't think he has much endurance, since a good punch might just break him.

8. Nami
Like Robin she can only rely on one thing : her climatact.
This tool is good, and useful, but that's not enough in this world of pirates, where everyone is damn strong.

9. Usopp
Usopp is the weakest... He's a good sniper, but his bullet will never kill anyone.
When he fight serioulsy (like when he did against Luffy), he can be somewhat good, but regardless, he's the weakest.
Even Oda confirmed that he was and would remain the weakest of the crew until the end, so I think it's pretty much confirmed...

It's sad a bit, because he went on his adventure to become a brave warrior...
He might end up being brave... but he will remain weak...

kkck
February 23, 2010, 06:04 PM
I would never put brook below ussop. He is fast and light enough to run on water, he would basically appear before ussop before he can even react. odds are for brook it is actually easy to avoid ussops star thingis.

1.- Luffy
2.-Zoro
3.-Sanji
4.-Franky
5.-brook
6.-Chopper
7.-Robin
8.-Ussop
9.-Nami

bittman
February 23, 2010, 08:17 PM
6. Robin
Robin devil fruit is everything for her.
Apart from her power, she is totally useless. She has no combat skills and she's neither fast, neither strong, neither endurant.
And her hold can be break by strenght only.

PS: People might say that Robin could possibly win against people above her, but just think if it was a really fight. Chopper would change mode and would outstrenght her, same thing goes for Franky and Sanji, not even talking about Zoro and Luffy.

The obvious main difference between my rankings and everyone elses is always Robin.

Perhaps I'm forgetting an example, but if you can find any example where she was unable to pin/clutch/hold/etc because they broke her grip, please show me it. As far as I remember, I've never seen anyone break her holds. People that have bested Robin have, instead of defending against the clutch, attacked in a "offense is the best form of defence" strategy since her offence and defence are really the same thing.

But yeah, an example if someone has it. My memory has been wrong before, One Piece is too long to remember every battle.

Naruffy
February 23, 2010, 10:52 PM
7) Brooke is overrated by everyone on the other hand because he has a sword I imagine. Apparantly swords = better than people without swords except Luffy? Brooke is fast, sure. He has some good technical skill, sure. However, we've been shown that his stamina is low (running on water tires him out fast), he is super fragile (all damage breaks his bones, he has no "cushioning") and his damage output is not remarkable in any way. When you throw in his music he appears to have more combat ability, but everyone I've ranked above him should be able to pick him apart quite easily.

I disagree that Brooke's damage output isn't remarkable.

Brook Skill as a Swordsman (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/454/18-19/)

Speed and Above Average swordsmanship (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/493/17/)

kkck
February 23, 2010, 11:56 PM
Personally I think brook is meant to be a fighting member of the crew rather than anything else. He won't match up to the monster trio but he would surely be comparable to franky. His flexibility, speed and music make him a remarkable fighter IMHO.

Also, seeing the fight of ryuma vs zoro, is it evident brook's technique is the real deal and comparable to that of zoro. Zoro is superior to brook not because his actual sword skills are superior but because he is faster and stronger.

Smackin
February 24, 2010, 12:00 AM
I believe the rankings fluctuate, depending on the situation.

Vs a load(100000+) of noobs:

1.Luffy/Zoro(mega AoE/multi-target ownage easily)
3.Ussop(the guy is on par on fodder ownage with the above)
4.Franky(lower than Ussop cuz he ain't the main ranged fighter)
5.Nami(powerful but requires setup)
6.Sanji(Not enough AoE, but still good)
7.Brook(some AoE but ain't as big as the above)
8.Robin(limited speed in ownage)
9.Chopper(he got no AoE except for monster, and that is double edged)

Vs megasauce opponents(gg individuals like VC or higher):

1.Luffy/Zoro(do u really need explanations?)
3.Sanji(read above)
4.Chopper(he's built for 1v1)
5.Nami(dude she's got almost Enel power with the lightning, plus illusions, and she's got the brains to fool u into her setup)
6.Franky(he can't top lightning)
7.Brook(fencing style sword, suited for 1v1)
8.Robin(technically speaking, she can hold u and then just stab u, but that's technically speaking. Obviously gonna need hacki-imbued grabs n stabs on logias)
9.Ussop(dude his attacks ain't gonna work on anyone VC or higher, but that's just based on his current power. Later on he's gonna be top tier)

Within the crew:

99% of the time:
1.Nami/Robin
3.The rest

Ladies own the crew normally, that's just how it works.

1% of the time:
1.Luffy/Zoro(when **** hits the fan, these are the homeboys to rely on)
3.The rest

Why do u think they're the captain/first-mate?

Luffy wants to become PK. He knows he's gonna have to whoop alot of a** on the way. Zoro wants to become the #1 swordsman. He knows he's gonna have to cut up alot of a** on the way. Ussop wants to become a brave warrior of the sea. He knows he's gonna have to shoot down alot of a** on the way.

Sanji just wants to make godly food. Nami just wants to draw her own world map. Chopper just wants to cure people. Robin just wants to study history. Franky just wants to see his ship sail the seas. Brook just wants to play some music and see Laboon again.

Not much point in ranking anyone besides Luffy, Zoro and Ussop, as they're the only ones in the crew whose MAIN roles are to FIGHT. Of course, everyone else will whoop their own portion of a** when the situation calls for it.

Here, strength=/=muscular pwnage. No point in comparing a swordsman with a cook cuz one cuts ppl 8 hours a day and one cooks 8 hours a day. The same applies to the rest of the crew.

Just my $0.02

The Closet Pervert
February 24, 2010, 12:21 AM
1. Luffy

Captain of the crew, future pirate king. Luffy is the strongest. If not, plot will make him when the situation needs it.

2. Zoro

Basically the 1st mate of the crew, Zoro seems to very rarely lack strength. Rank 2 because of feats like seen at the end of Moria/Spooky Ship -arc.

3. Sanji

Sanji seems to be very strong, but also lacks the heroic feats of Luffy and Zoro. This makes Sanji seem weak in comparison, and ranks "only" as third.

---
This is pretty much what everyone agrees on. Now let's see if I'm any different..
---

4. Franky

Franky has a large variety of attacks and at least 1-2 very powerful attacks. If only we had seen Franky more in battle, I could say better, but I think Franky is only slightly after Sanji.

5. Robin

The hands of hers are universally useful and when used right, very powerful. Robin also has guts, and that's why she's #5.

6. Brooke

Not because he is strong, I do not know if Brooke is strong. I haven't really seen him do anything with really strong foes. I'm putting Brooke here simply because people after this are weaker than him.

7. Nami

Only one of the remaining 3 that actually has proper attacks. Only if she used that weather rod of hers more. Sometimes plot will force her as "damsel in distress", downranking her to 9 for plot reasons.

8. Chopper

Chopper doesn't have any real attacks. Monster form doesn't count, it's not something he can use in battle. Muscle form for beating fodder, and that's it for Chopper.

9. Usopp

Is he low on ammo or why doesn't he ever shoot anything? Is he simply a coward or what? Oh well, least useful member, the scarycat Usopp. Usopp has the potential to be #7, maybe even #6 if he just tried harder.

bittman
February 24, 2010, 12:31 AM
I disagree that Brooke's damage output isn't remarkable.

Brook Skill as a Swordsman (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/454/18-19/)

Speed and Above Average swordsmanship (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/493/17/)

First link: Only a few pages earlier, Franky probably dished out a ton more damage with stone pillars on nunchukas. Considering Brooke was using a sword, the damage output there is not remarkable. Especially at that stage of the manga where a few chapters later we had a lot of the Strawhat's hit the punching bag that was Oars with quite serious damage.

Second Link: Yes I agree, his speed and technique is great. In both those respects he's probably equal to, or a bit below, the Monster Trio. I never said otherwise about those two aspects of his battle ability.

Personally I think brook is meant to be a fighting member of the crew rather than anything else. He won't match up to the monster trio but he would surely be comparable to franky. His flexibility, speed and music make him a remarkable fighter IMHO.

Also, seeing the fight of ryuma vs zoro, is it evident brook's technique is the real deal and comparable to that of zoro. Zoro is superior to brook not because his actual sword skills are superior but because he is faster and stronger.

On the bolded bits: as I said above, I never disagreed with that. He is flexible, he is technical, he is musical and he is fast.

But he is made of bones. Bones have no muscles, no cushioning from damage. Every bit of damage he takes wears away on the frame that keeps his soul in his body. Brooke can grow, realistically, in regards to skill alone.

My point is that Brooke is ALL technique and speed. A good mix, sure, but against stronger enemies he has no "remarkable" (I mean, you look at it and go WHOA FUCK!) damage ouput shown thus far, and most likely would be the Strawhat to fall over first if they all received the same damage.

So my rank is based off the fact that, despite great speed and technique, he has average power and low defence. I somewhat agree with your "fighting member" assesment, but then again I'd only rank 3 members as "not fighting members" (Chopper, Nami and Ussop) and that's only because of their characters, not their strength. Nami's useful in every fight, but she has a real brain on her shoulders and reacts like a real person to outrageous shit.

kkck
February 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
Personally, I never really thought the whole lack of muscles was an issue for brook in terms of strength simply because OP is not that scientific a manga. I don't think oda will limit him through something like that -he can eat for gods sake lol-. Also note that Brook can heal his wounds in mere seconds by drinking milk.

Naruffy
February 25, 2010, 06:54 PM
My point is that Brooke is ALL technique and speed. A good mix, sure, but against stronger enemies he has no "remarkable" (I mean, you look at it and go WHOA FUCK!) damage ouput shown thus far, and most likely would be the Strawhat to fall over first if they all received the same damage.

The only strong person Brooke has been shown uncapable of beating (Other than the obvious Kuma, Rayleigh etc.) is Ryuuma, someone of which it took Zoro to beat. Brook's damage output is low compared to the likes of Zoro, Sanji, Franky and Luffy, but he can definately put out more damage than Chopper (Other than Arm Point), Robin, Nami (Other than Thunderbolt Tempo) and Ussop.

Only a few pages earlier, Franky probably dished out a ton more damage with stone pillars on nunchukas. Considering Brooke was using a sword, the damage output there is not remarkable. Especially at that stage of the manga where a few chapters later we had a lot of the Strawhat's hit the punching bag that was Oars with quite serious damage.

Don't forget that Brook also dealt out some serious damage to Oz (went through his shoulder)

But he is made of bones. Bones have no muscles, no cushioning from damage. Every bit of damage he takes wears away on the frame that keeps his soul in his body. Brooke can grow, realistically, in regards to skill alone.

Yes, Brook is more vulnerable to attacks, but I don't think that makes him considerably weaker than everyone else.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/470/14-15/

Brook was knocked out like everyone else, but he wasn't shattered to pieces as you might expect.

braindamage351
March 02, 2010, 07:26 PM
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Franky
5. Chopper
6. Brooke
7. Robin
8. Nami
9. Usopp

Close topic

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 02, 2010, 07:46 PM
^ chopper stronger than robin only if he manages to control monster point .
come on give ussop some credits man he is the sharpshooter .:D

Franckie
March 03, 2010, 07:17 PM
^ chopper stronger than robin only if he manages to control monster point .
come on give ussop some credits man he is the sharpshooter .:D

Usopp will always be the weakest SH. That doesn't mean he's the least useful. Depending on the situation, Usopp would be one of the more useful crewmembers. This was actually a critical note during Enies Lobby.

Gcat88
March 16, 2010, 07:27 AM
Oda has stated that Usopp is made to seem humanlike. Everyone else is non-human, in one form or another. Nami is, MAYBE, the only one that is as close to being human as Usopp. He isnt weak, he is a prime exmaple of human capacitiy.

OunknownO
March 20, 2010, 07:20 PM
he may be the muscle weakest but in fight he uses his brain...

1. Luffy/Zoro
2. Sanji
3. Franky
4. Chopper
5. Brook
6. Usopp
7. Robin
8. Nami

Gcat88
March 20, 2010, 09:05 PM
Usopp is the muscle weakest but in terms of using the brain he is no doubt number one, if not number two behind Nami.

kkck
March 20, 2010, 09:37 PM
Usopp is the muscle weakest but in terms of using the brain he is no doubt number one, if not number two behind Nami.

I would argue nami and robin are a mile above ussop in intelligence. Chopper is naive but also smarter than ussop. Sanji is also reasonably smart, his smarts made a big difference against crocodile in the alabasta arc. While not as inventive, he doesn't need to be since he is a cook -I think sanji as a cook is more inventive than ussop with his own gadgets though-. Franky also seems smarter than ussop IMHO. Ussop is not really dumb but among the strawhats he would only be smarter than brook, zoro and luffy which is not to say much.

NoLimit89
March 21, 2010, 05:28 PM
Chopper and Ussop are really underpowered IMO. Chopper needs to either control monster point or be as capable as the awakened zoans in impel down IMO.

Usopp needs to try harder, sure he has amazing range but he still hasn't managed to hit anyone at captain level or higher. From the looks of it, Yassop seems really strong. Ussop needs to catch up to him.

karthikmurs
March 21, 2010, 05:54 PM
Luffy
Zorro
Sanji
Brook
Usopp
Franky
Robin
Chopper
Nami

Before you start complaining why I have rated Usopp so high, I want you to understand that he is a marks man. He lacks courage. But, just look what he has done with a toy weapon and a bit of gunpowder? Give him a good weapon and let him develop a bit of courage, you will see..

But nevertheless, at the moment, the ratings I gave merely exemplifies the kind of contribution they can bring in to the team, battle wise.

bittman
March 22, 2010, 03:00 AM
If anything, in a battle, Nami is probably the biggest contributor fullstop. So that point about putting Ussop up there for battle contribution is void.

And you seemed to rate Ussop with big "if"s. By the same token I could basically say "IF nami got a weather devil fruit and could make tornados she would be great" or "IF Franky got remade out of seastone he'd be unstoppable" or "IF Sanji used punches also..."

Ussop will never be super corageous and will never have a non-toy weapon. That is his character. He is not the brighest, and not the most handy. Ussop is a weak human with average intelligence, but a lot of ingenuity and luck.

The only thing Ussop is "top" at amongst the Strawhat's, is negativity.

karthikmurs
March 22, 2010, 08:22 AM
And you seemed to rate Ussop with big "if"s. By the same token I could basically say "IF nami got a weather devil fruit and could make tornados she would be great" or "IF Franky got remade out of seastone he'd be unstoppable" or "IF Sanji used punches also..."

Oh. So you are comparing Usopp to Nami.. I specifically said contribution to the team in a battle...

Ussop will never be super corageous and will never have a non-toy weapon.

will "never" have? How can you be so certain? Luffy gets a power ups (gears and Haki), Zorro gets them (swords updates). And the ace sniper in the team will not? Why do you think, after kuma sent them flying, the team is in different places relating to them? (Zorro in Shikkearu ruins meeting up with an unknown swordsman; Nami in sky island checking out weather tools; Franky in the hometown of Vegabond, the greatest scientist; Usopp in a place where is constantly being attacked by theives and wild man eating plants..)

So you telling me that these things mean nothing? No relevance to their character development ??? If you think so, sorry, I pity you.

That is his character. He is not the brighest, and not the most handy. Ussop is a weak human with average intelligence, but a lot of ingenuity and luck.

The only thing Ussop is "top" at amongst the Strawhat's, is negativity.

Lets wait and see.

But even with current contributions to the team, Usopp is more resourceful.. Well, if not in battle, sure. I can settle with you telling Nami may be more useful than Usopp..

zimbardo
March 25, 2010, 12:15 PM
My list would go

Luffy
Zorro
Sanji
Chopper
Brook
Franky/Robin - I think she is criminally underrated, her ability is very powerful also.
Nami/Usopp

Oni Giri
April 01, 2010, 10:26 AM
well, i'd say;

luffy
zoro
sanji
robin
franky
chopper
nami
brook
usopp

firework
April 09, 2010, 09:00 PM
Tier 1:
1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji

Tier 2:
4. Robin
5. Franky
6. Brooke

Tier 3:
7. Chopper
8. Nami
9. Usopp

BetaRuler
April 11, 2010, 11:24 PM
I think fireworks got it quite right with the Tier system...

How I wish it were ;-;

Lufy
Sanji (In fact he should come 1st!)
Zorro
Brooke (I wish yohohohoho)
Robin
Franky
Chopper? (Not sure, I think sometimes Usopp and Nami could beat him because of their weapons, even though Chopper has managed to beat stronger foes)
Usopp
Nami

When I think about it, Usopp made Namis weapons, if not for Usopps help, what weapon would Nami weild now?

I suppose the SH's bounties are supposed to reflect whose the strongest among them really, except for Choppers bounty, that was a laugh XD
Brookes bounty may also be in need of change, considering as he said he'd been training and getting stronger since his death.

Now for my rankings...

(Assuming Luffy is the strongest, everyone else is judged by how the would preform in a 1 on 1 fight with him)

Luffy
Zorro
Sanji

Brooke
Franky

Robin

Nami
Ussop

Chopper

Them vs Luffy right... CONSIDERING Nami's attacks are lightning based, how do you figure Nami would do better than Ussop or Chopper?

triniman121
April 17, 2010, 11:10 AM
nami just has to use her fists against luffy and she will win ^^

BetaRuler
April 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
@Triniman
s***... good point ;-; ok put her at the top then

senewe
April 23, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think chopper deserve more. well, i dun think rob lucy can beat monster chopper..

and for me it's difficult to rate these people. you say luffy is at the top, but can he beat Mr 1? I don't think so. while zorro couldn't stand a second vs enel. and what about luffy vs franky, but the battle ground is at the ship??

Diablos
April 23, 2010, 10:38 AM

Erm what about robin?

My ranks are the same as general.

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky/Brooke
Robin( we never see much of her so I cant put her above franky or brooke)
Chopper
Nami/Usopp
[hr]

I think chopper deserve more. well, i dun think rob lucy can beat monster chopper..

and for me it's difficult to rate these people. you say luffy is at the top, but can he beat Mr 1? I don't think so. while zorro couldn't stand a second vs enel. and what about luffy vs franky, but the battle ground is at the ship??

When Chopper learns how to control that beast innerself he might be considered above but without control of it its pretty much useless randomly aiming anything near it.

In the crew the only one that might be able to confront the recent luffy is Zoro since sanji doesnt seem to have haki or atleast yet he can't affect luffy. In the other hand Zoro swords can. I think Luffy would wipe Franky pretty fast if he went gear second, zoro might whitstand it since we've seen him avoid beams from kuma and even showing incredible speed doing shinshin thingy on him.

firework
April 23, 2010, 11:23 PM
^
"Franky/Brooke
Robin( we never see much of her so I cant put her above franky or brooke)"

actually, we've seen more battles and techs from robin than from brooke. Brooke hasnt even been shown in his own full length real battle (unless you count Ryuuma). Robin's had Pell, Sky Fatty (Yama i think), and some feats against Aokiji and Foxy pirates

Dice
April 26, 2010, 03:12 PM
nami just has to use her fists against luffy and she will win ^^

I just terribly misread your post....but that way it was waaayy funnier :D

chess4
April 26, 2010, 03:43 PM
Erm what about robin?

My ranks are the same as general.

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky/Brooke
Robin( we never see much of her so I cant put her above franky or brooke)
Chopper
Nami/Usopp
<hr noshade size="1">

When Chopper learns how to control that beast innerself he might be considered above but without control of it its pretty much useless randomly aiming anything near it.

In the crew the only one that might be able to confront the recent luffy is Zoro since sanji doesnt seem to have haki or atleast yet he can't affect luffy. In the other hand Zoro swords can. I think Luffy would wipe Franky pretty fast if he went gear second, zoro might whitstand it since we've seen him avoid beams from kuma and even showing incredible speed doing shinshin thingy on him.

i dont understand why people consistently put usopp at the bottom. yes he is physically the weakest but his battle IQ is among the higest in the crew. not to mention he might be the fastest runner of the crew he was totally outmatched agaisnt luffy, but he analyzed luffy and turned luffy's own strengths against him. usopp is a long range fighter and has various attacks.

the strawhats are somewhat a younger red hairs crew. their top 4 members mirror the red hairs and yes im saying ussop is one of them.

as far as fighting goes i would say their is the monster trio, robin, usopp, frankie,chopper, then nami/brook.

bittman
April 26, 2010, 06:38 PM
Battle IQ amongst the highest? If by highest you mean at least behind Nami, Robin, Chopper and Sanji, then sure.

Running away, yeah he's not bad at that, but CP9 were always pretty much able to catch him quite easily when he used the typical smoke bomb routine.

Also, Franky kinda beat Ussop on Water 7. Not enough of Ussop has changed since then to have gone beyond Franky. At best Ussop might be able to trick Franky a bit and then put a needle in his butt, but beyond that nothing significant.

Brooke is also quite speedy, and the Ussop+Nami+Chopper combo were all one-shotted by Ryuuma, who Brooke fought for a few minutes at least before being outmatched.

Nami may use Ussop's tools, but that doesn't mean Ussop even understands what she does with them.

And Chopper...well Chopper is a bit all over the place. Mentally he's potentially the weakest in battle until Brain Point comes out, at which point he's right up there. He's undeniably smart enough to be a doctor, but is still an apprentice in that respect. Physically he is versatile and up there with physical powerhouses like Franky. But he's been a bit on the losing side of battles lately with a reliance on Monster Point.

I think perhaps you WANT Ussop to be powerful, because he is a favourite of us all, and a favourite of Oda's. But we like Ussop because he is weak. Without characters like him, it would just be one of those goddawful mangas where everyone ever is powerful and battles are entirely dependent upon what scouters say.

Ashura_Ichibugin
April 28, 2010, 05:18 AM
It is interesting that people put Brook above Franky and Robin. My personal list is below:

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky/Robin
Brooke
Chopper
Nami
Usopp

It is very similar to everyone else's.

Fox666
April 28, 2010, 08:24 AM
Hmm, if we would go by IQ, it would be an interesting analysis.

1 - Chopper
The most intelligent of the Strawhats. High brain power, added to a good situation analysis and medicine knowledge.
Some pages of the Oars battle:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/472/13/ (jaw stragegy)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/477/13/ (destroying the arm stragegy)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/477/15/ (managed to get in Oars)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/480/16/ (destroying spine stragey)
And as you can see in the last picture, Chopper is the biggest responsible for Oars destruction.

2 - Robin
Robin is very smart. While it's more over intelectual work than strategy, she still is quick thinking and good in analyzing the situation.

3 - Nami
Smark and quick thinking, but behind Robin. Yet she got share some of Usopp creativity, which works together.

4 - Usopp
Usopp has some good tricks, but he still lacks the ability to put them in battle. When his tools become more devastating it's by luck rather than planning.

5 - Franky
High knowledge that let him do his machanical job. Too bad he is hot head and "Hulk smash" style in combat.

Out of that, Sanji has an average intelligence. Brook is also average, despite the eccentric behavior. Luffy and Zoro are below the average, or at least don't work their intelligence.

Lord Rayleigh
April 28, 2010, 11:30 AM
Out of that, Sanji has an average intelligence
I'd rank Sanji better as he is so far the only strategist among the crew. And I guess that's why he said he will become one day the man the most feared by the Marine.
Do you remember how " Mr Prince " tricked Crocodile and save the SH crew in Rainbase ? Do you remember how " The Hunter " save the SH in EL because he tricked all the marine battleships with the current of the water surrounding the island ?
Seriously, Sanji is the one that thinks how to fight before acting.

Gats
April 28, 2010, 12:02 PM
Hmm, if we would go by IQ, it would be an interesting analysis.

1 - Chopper
The most intelligent of the Strawhats. High brain power, added to a good situation analysis and medicine knowledge.
Some pages of the Oars battle:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/472/13/ (jaw stragegy)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/477/13/ (destroying the arm stragegy)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/477/15/ (managed to get in Oars)
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/480/16/ (destroying spine stragey)
And as you can see in the last picture, Chopper is the biggest responsible for Oars destruction.

2 - Robin
Robin is very smart. While it's more over intelectual work than strategy, she still is quick thinking and good in analyzing the situation.

3 - Nami
Smark and quick thinking, but behind Robin. Yet she got share some of Usopp creativity, which works together.

4 - Usopp
Usopp has some good tricks, but he still lacks the ability to put them in battle. When his tools become more devastating it's by luck rather than planning.

5 - Franky
High knowledge that let him do his machanical job. Too bad he is hot head and "Hulk smash" style in combat.

Out of that, Sanji has an average intelligence. Brook is also average, despite the eccentric behavior. Luffy and Zoro are below the average, or at least don't work their intelligence.

About Chopper : the example you took is more about knowledge than intelligence. Of course Chopper is intelligent, but basically he made this strategy because it's within his speciality : medecine. But beyond this Sanji is definitively smarter than him, Chopper is too naive and has (cute) flaws which would forbid him to be the "head" in general.