PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 578 Discussion / 579 Prediction

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

LongLiveOnePiece
March 17, 2010, 08:21 AM
i must say that during this war Crocodile lost much of his vilian status.
that cant all be just because he doesnt want the Marines to win. there must be something in his background

Well, maybe he is WB's actual son/daughter xD and he wants to avenge his father.

maybe WB had a daugther,but as every father he wanted a son to continue his legacy and so he made Iva turn him into a man.

That would explain his anger towards the world and ofc towards WB !!

Razh
March 17, 2010, 08:38 AM
Speaking of Kizaru, Garp and people that aren't doing much: is there any hope left for Smoker in this war? Was always hoping he'd do something here to get himself another promotion he doesn't want.

Smoker? Who's that?

Is he a marine?:p

beastboy
March 17, 2010, 08:55 AM
Like how many are going on about how Akainu looks like he's a dead man because the entire WB army is standing in front of him.

If anything, I'm more worried for the WB army than Akainu. The only thing I've seen come close to stopping Akainu is Whitebeard himself, and it appears even two shots were not enough to take him out when one shot rendered everyone else unconcious.

Then again, Oda's not good with power levels. Crocodile struggles against Luffy and gets blasted by Jozu, but then attacks Akainu, Mihawk, Doflamingo and executioners without being stopped. I don't know where Crocodile sits anymore thanks to Oda fanboying one of his only decent villains to date. Sometimes he looks stronger than the division commanders, other times he looks weaker than Supernovas. I don't know anymore.

Thats cause in One Piece Power Levels are not of the kind a>b and b>c so a>c!!

Crocodile beated Luffy twice easily... and the third was a draw (Luffy was poisoned in the end, and would have died if it wasn't for Nico)
Crocodile got stopped, but not even hurt by gear 2 Luffy (wet)!
Crocodile was surprised by an Haki punch, but quickly stormed Jozz out of the way..
Then had a little fun with Do Fla...(not too serious)
And now stopped Akainu..

I don't see anything wrong!

Finn
March 17, 2010, 09:02 AM
Like how many are going on about how Akainu looks like he's a dead man because the entire WB army is standing in front of him.

If anything, I'm more worried for the WB army than Akainu. The only thing I've seen come close to stopping Akainu is Whitebeard himself, and it appears even two shots were not enough to take him out when one shot rendered everyone else unconcious.

Then again, Oda's not good with power levels. Crocodile struggles against Luffy and gets blasted by Jozu, but then attacks Akainu, Mihawk, Doflamingo and executioners without being stopped. I don't know where Crocodile sits anymore thanks to Oda fanboying one of his only decent villains to date. Sometimes he looks stronger than the division commanders, other times he looks weaker than Supernovas. I don't know anymore.

There aren't power levels in One Piece, outside of, maybe, Haki.

Some DF powers / skills just work better against others; Mr 3, who was a very sorry villain could stand up against Magellan, who owned everyone who stood in his way, just because wax made him inmune to his poison. Buggy can't be cut by swords, so Mihawk couldn't hurt him directly, etc.

LongLiveOnePiece
March 17, 2010, 09:03 AM
i would like than hanckok find the hat or also some sh or all them

It will be the perfect wedding gift!

chitgoks
March 17, 2010, 09:11 AM
I'll type it once more, it's Jean Bart. Jean Bart is the reason for law showing up. He want's to repay the debt from slave auction house to luffy.

Edit: Should have been quote for: Law appears - not interesting, why is he even there and why should we care? Seems like another useless cameo.

makes sense, since back then law told jean bart part of the thanks should go to luffy

urlaub
March 17, 2010, 09:28 AM
Basically Sengokus buddha palm was like ursa shock. I guess, Sengoku is a zoan, but we dont know what type yet. And BB pirates getting hit by the palm, next chapter I see a comeback from their side.

And the story depression and badness level just goes down and down. I see now that Garp sacrifices himself for Luffy's sake. Nothing can stop Akainu for me now. I predicted it long time ago that it's gonna be Garp and that Jinbei/Iva couldn't hold off Akainu.

The WB pirates asses are gonna get whooped badly that is for shure. Unless some weakness isn' found.

And probably other SN poping up also very soon. I suspect Apoo and Kidd perhaps.

We all want some high tier marine to go down and Garp or Akainu would be great.

But still BBs band getting owned again badly is kinda funny. Declaring oneself as the ruler of the era and then getting his ass handed to him. Funny shit.

I guess I wouldn't mind Oda bringing some light into the game next chapter.

Also I predictet that the war ends with BB and marines battling a little and the pirates are off. Still it seems as though the war we last more chapters thanks to Oda making Akainu such an animal.

SenninSage
March 17, 2010, 10:44 AM
Akainu really did the damn thing during this war, there can be no doubt about that.

He took off half of WhiteBeard's face and he delivered the killing blow to Fire Fist Ace after he was set free, and he's impressively pressing the action against any and all of WhiteBeard's crew and its allies who attempt to stand in his way. He even inflicted serious harm to Jinbei and nearly pierced through the heart of Dragon the Revolutionary's son.

That's a pretty damn impressive resume for this war, I think, and I'm of course leaving out a few details.

We also currently have no idea at all where Kizaru is, anybody realize that? We haven't seen him in awhile, I think.

BlackBeard is going to be quite some force with those two abilities in his possession. I can see him going on to cause some very serious things once his role in this war has come to a conclusion. If his Darkness Devil Fruit weren't already more than enough to wipe out just about anything, he now has White Beard's devil fruit -- a power in which it was claimed by Sengoku himself -- was enough to destroy the entire world.

That may not hold true in BlackBeard's case, since he and WhiteBeard are two entirely different men, but it's still something that has to be respected.

I can't wait to see who that pirate named Kaidoh is who annihilated practically all of Gecko Moria's crew and nearly killed Moria himself.

kuroSaki_Ichi
March 17, 2010, 10:48 AM
Kaidou....he must have another crazy devil fruit..... wonder what it is..but I doubt we will see him for a while...there is still alot of things to catch up on. I hope the Sh gets a new crew member.

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
Could there be some connection between Law and WB? Something very similar to Law's symbols (http://i39.tinypic.com/jpud8i.jpg) was on the top left IV in WB's first appearance. And the nurses also have similar leopard prints on their clothes much like Law (http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/498/018.jpg) has on his. Plus we all know that Law is a doctor. So there might be some connection between the two.

ScratchmenApoo
March 17, 2010, 11:03 AM
Rayleigh has similar pants too... And some clothing of Pizarro...
I don't think clothing proves any relationships between characters.
Even though Oda can create some unique styles, the opportunities aren't endless...

I don't think Apoo will appear in this war... He was just curious about Kizaru and after getting owned by him, Apoo will surely stay far away from the war...

I do think that Kidd might appear though because of the Luffy vs. Law vs. Kidd rivalry at the auction house. Maybe when leaving Shabaody Archipelago, he saw that Law took off to Marinford and then follows him... He doesn't want Law to get all the credit for being the only other Supernova to appear...

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 11:10 AM
Rayleigh has similar pants too... And some clothing of Pizarro...
I don't think clothing proves any relationships between characters.
Even though Oda can create some unique styles, the opportunities aren't endless...

I don't think Apoo will appear in this war... He was just curious about Kizaru and after getting owned by him, Apoo will surely stay far away from the war...

I do think that Kidd might appear though because of the Luffy vs. Law vs. Kidd rivalry at the auction house. Maybe when leaving Shabaody Archipelago, he saw that Law took off to Marinford and then follows him... He doesn't want Law to get all the credit for being the only other Supernova to appear...

The symbol similarity is far more important then just the clothes, which is what i was emphasizing. And the symbol on the IV seems to resemble Law's symbols. Whether it be his hand tattoos or his pirate flag. Plus he is a doctor and WB did seemed to be on quite a bit of medicine. Too many coincidences for me.

ScratchmenApoo
March 17, 2010, 11:12 AM
On page 15 in the LQ 578 raw, there's a WB Division Commander (I think he is one) who has pretty much the same "drill" type hands like Pizarro... Maybe they're just some cyborg reinforcements after all ?

SenninSage
March 17, 2010, 11:12 AM
Yep, Kidd may indeed show up as well.

He can singlehandedly annihilate every marine ship in the area using his ability. He can dismantle them all, all their guns, you name it.

Razh
March 17, 2010, 11:22 AM
Could there be some connection between Law and WB? Something very similar to Law's symbols (http://i39.tinypic.com/jpud8i.jpg) was on the top left IV in WB's first appearance. And the nurses also have similar leopard prints on their clothes much like Law (http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/498/018.jpg) has on his. Plus we all know that Law is a doctor. So there might be some connection between the two.

That's an old theory. But the fact is, all of those symbols are just a stylized skull. Doflamingo has a similar symbol. Are you suggesting that he's connected too?

I do think that there's something significant behind those symbols on the medical equipment. I think the equipment was made by some pirate organization in New World. Since it was medical equipment, it is possible that there's a connection. Maybe the owner is related to Law.

But I repeat, I think there isn't a special connection between every pirate who has a Jolly Roger like that, since it's just a simplified way of drawing a skull. I even think that they came to be only after Roger's death, kinda in honor of his last moment, when he was smiling at the execution stand. He opened the age of dreams with his dying act. We all know what Doflamingo thinks about dreaming and he has a smiley skull crossed out as his flag.

There's an old thread about all this.
[hr]

On page 15 in the LQ 578 raw, there's a WB Division Commander (I think he is one) who has pretty much the same "drill" type hands like Pizarro... Maybe they're just some cyborg reinforcements after all ?

It became apparent in the last chapter that those things aren't drills after all. His fingers could be seen. It seems that it's some kind of metal armband. So long, tunel man...:(

SharpKnives
March 17, 2010, 11:23 AM
Im just wondering when Boa will get the fuck out of HQ. Chapter b4 hand tell us that Marine HQ will be completely destroyed just like EL and ID.

Luffy's out of the way so hopefully the fights will get more serious like they are in this chapter. I just hope Iva is ok.

Black Mirror
March 17, 2010, 11:27 AM
2nd: To crystallize sand Akainu needs temperatures around 2000 degrees, Magma highest is 1600 Degrees, not to mention the pressure as well, since you need to melt and apply a lot of pressure to the sand to do it, so it would be very hard for that to happen.

hm, you forget that one piece does not play in our world. Magma burns fire and to crystallize sand you probably need 1000 degrees in op-world. there are a lot of things that can't be explained with our science.

i think we get a timeskip, meanwhile shanks will appear and save some asses and bb manages to escape somehow.

Yans86
March 17, 2010, 11:32 AM

This just shows what kind of crazy perfectionist Master Oda is.....god bless him!

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 11:33 AM
That's an old theory. But the fact is, all of those symbols are just a stylized skull. Doflamingo has a similar symbol. Are you suggesting that he's connected too?

I do think that there's something significant behind those symbols on the medical equipment. I think the equipment was made by some pirate organization in New World. Since it was medical equipment, it is possible that there's a connection. Maybe the owner is related to Law.

But I repeat, I think there isn't a special connection between every pirate who has a Jolly Roger like that, since it's just a simplified way of drawing a skull. I even think that they came to be only after Roger's death, kinda in honor of his last moment, when he was smiling at the execution stand. He opened the age of dreams with his dying act. We all know what Doflamingo thinks about dreaming and he has a smiley skull crossed out as his flag.

There's an old thread about all this.

Flamingo's symbol does not resemble the symbol on the IV nearly as much as Laws' does. Not to mention the fact that Flamingo isn't a doctor. There is a very strong resemblance between the two symbols. And i haven't seen any other symbol that relates that closely to the symbol on the IV as much as Laws'. And like i said Law is a doctor which is the main point i'm trying to get across, and he did just show up out of no where to save Luffy, for no real known reason. Plus we have been, and currently are, seeing the NW and WB pirates lay their lives on the line for Luffy because of him being Ace's brother and because WB acknowledged Luffy as well. And if Law does have some connection to WB, even if its remotely small, he could very well be saving Luffy for that same reason as well. I mean Law even says in the script that Luffy will be his enemy, yet he decides to still save him. Anyways those are just my thoughts on the possible connection.

jdavidks
March 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
I think, Sengoku send Kizaru to Impel Down, he must be worried about a lot of prisioners escaping. because i don't see him just waiting or doing something else, we saw him in SA he is very impatient.

Yans86
March 17, 2010, 12:00 PM
Nahhh......I think that Kizaru is fighting the giant......well,he likely need some laser depilation I guess...

Razh
March 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
Flamingo's symbol does not resemble the symbol on the IV nearly as much as Laws' does. Not to mention the fact that Flamingo isn't a doctor.

What are you talking about? It's the same symbol, only crossed out.

Here are all of the apparitions of smiles so far.
http://i29.tinypic.com/11uafz8.png
(credit goes to grandjedi on AP)

The pic is only missing Kid's smile.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090914181648/onepiece/images/8/8b/Kiddpirate.jpg

The mouth lines aren't that important since Oda sometimes draws them straight and sometimes curved.

I don't think they are all connected. It's just skull smileys. There could be some kind of connection between Law and a New World medical equipment provider, but that could hardly be a reason why Law intervened. I don't think we should think too much into this. Not everyone needs some special reason to do everything. Law could have come to observe the battle, then saw Luffy being chased and wounded, and then decided to help him. Why wouldn't he help him? It was obvious that he respected him as an opponent, probably even more after he saw him on that projector. They may be rivals, but I don't doubt for a second that Roger or Whitebeard would do the same for each other if they were in similar situation. Marines are a common enemy, after all.

LongLiveOnePiece
March 17, 2010, 12:13 PM
Now the question is how good of a doctor Law can be? I'm not sure if his devil fruit ability can do the job.I doubt he can heal Luffy on the spot and make him join the war once more..
guess they'll just make an escape... this war is about to end in 2-3 chaps..

offtopic: your avatar is like a bad imitation of mine.hahaha..good4u

_AceOfSpades_
March 17, 2010, 12:14 PM

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090914181648/onepiece/images/8/8b/Kiddpirate.jpg

The mouth lines aren't that important since Oda sometimes draws them straight and sometimes curved.

I don't think they are all connected. It's just skull smileys. There could be some kind of connection between Law and a New World medical equipment provider, but that could hardly be a reason why Law intervened. I don't think we should think too much into this. Not everyone needs some special reason to do everything. Law could have come to observe the battle, then saw Luffy being chased and wounded, and then decided to help him. Why wouldn't he help him? It was obvious that he respected him as an opponent, probably even more after he saw him on that projector. They may be rivals, but I don't doubt for a second that Roger or Whitebeard would do the same for each other if they were in similar situation. Marines are a common enemy, after all.

I think the main point about Doflamingo's smiley, is the fact - that it's crossed... the auction house smiley belongs to Doflamingo, since that auction house itself was his property...
ah, and yeah...the new chapter is out on mangastream...

Razh
March 17, 2010, 12:18 PM
I think the main point about Doflamingo's smiley, is the fact - that it's crossed... the auction house smiley belongs to Doflamingo, since that auction house itself was his property...

Yeah, I know, it's a picture from before it was discovered. It's all here in this prediction thread of mine from almost 2 years ago.
[Shichibukai] Doflamingo head of the slave-trade bussiness on Shabondy? (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32122)

ah, and yeah...the new chapter is out on mangastream...

Oh thanks, didn't even think of checking.:amuse

jiminy
March 17, 2010, 12:33 PM
very persistent, that Akainu. It seems like he is bleeding a lot more though in the panel where all of the WB pirates are in front of him.

Aokiji is a really likable character, funny how he apologizes to Jimbei for freezing the water. Im thinking if anyone were to defect from their Admiral position, it would be him, or stray away from the WG's type of justice.

Besides Luffy getting hurt, I wonder if his Strawhat is ok. It was up in the air, then on the frozen ocean, then Crocodile probably blew it away somewhere with his tornado. It would be funny to have cover stories on where the Strawhat/Shanks hat has flown to and the many heads it has sat on haha.

Razh
March 17, 2010, 12:37 PM
What's with the mod laziness?:p

A really interesting panel, this one (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/15). Akainu talks to "Whitebeard pirates" who have Crocodile among them and he's the only one whose color is mostly black, as if he was a black sheep, while others are mostly in light colors. I don't know about you guys, but I can't shake the feeling that he was one of them before.

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 12:40 PM

...Thats the whole point the IV symbol is not crossed out. :blink So it's not to same as Flamingo's. Plus the IV symbol has "things" surrounding it with gaps in between them. Which none of those other symbols have, except Laws'. And like i said, Law's symbol resembles the one on WB's IV the most, it's the closest to the IV symbol. Plus Law himself is also a doctor. Which is a very important aspect to take into account. So there is no need to bring up Flamingo or anyone else into the discussion unless their symbol looks closer to WB's, then Laws' dose, and unless they are also doctors. Plus like i said, Law just came out of no where to save Luffy and did so for no apparent reason.

All the while the NW and WB pirates were, and still are, sacrificing themselves for Luffy in large part due to WB's acknowledgment of him. And Law even called Luffy an enemy while deciding to save him. So something strong had to have pushed Law into saving Luffy. And if he has a connection to WB, even if it's small, then it could be the respect for WB himself that pushed him to help Luffy. Look I'm not saying that it's 100% certain that Law is somehow connected to WB. But based off of what i just presented if there was some outsider who could have been connected to WB, Law is the one.

jiminy
March 17, 2010, 12:42 PM
i think you meant to link to the previous page Razh.

And along with what you have said, I dont think that use to be one of them. Since he seems to dislike WB a lot and the rest of the crew dont really comment on Croc. Marco and Jos seem to not really care, especially Jos when he shouldered Croc.

LongLiveOnePiece
March 17, 2010, 12:53 PM
Well sengkoku called BB "greenhorn" as WB did with Luffy,but later on we saw that Luffy exceeded WB's expectations....a D afterall

Ero-Sanji
March 17, 2010, 12:53 PM

A really interesting panel, this one (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/15). Akainu talks to "Whitebeard pirates" who have Crocodile among them and he's the only one whose color is mostly black, as if he was a black sheep, while others are mostly in light colors. I don't know about you guys, but I can't shake the feeling that he was one of them before.

Not a bad idea, not bad at all. I remember a page from the strong world chapter when we saw all the bigshots in their early days. The little picture starring Crocodile had two things that made it special.

The first thing was that he was behind an uptight mass of people sort of yelling or perhaps celebrating. This would obviously indicate that he was at the execution of Roger. Now, Roger's death meant the turning point for a lot of people, shanks and buggy to name but a few. I think it meant for Crocodile that it was his time to shine.

The other thing was that his face wasn't shown which to me seems to be a way to conceal his untouched face meaning that he didn't have the scar. So I think he could have been a son of WB that rebelled against his father suffering from a terrible loss including getting his scar.

msg
March 17, 2010, 01:04 PM
Wud?...the coverpage is missing at magastream:p i wanna see the cover page.Or is there isn't any? Could someone clarify?:amuse

anyways regarding the smiley roger, i think it's just a "coincidence"...no relations at all with the smileys found at the auction house and the IV...idk maybe it is related who knows.This reminds me of the jacket mihawk wears.It looks quite similar to Rayleigh wearing when he was young.

goldb
March 17, 2010, 01:04 PM

Not bad at all Razh, but I remember that same fact has been mentioned before by someone else a few chapters ago, but that really does force the point. If he was then maybe he tried the same thing as Ace(to take WB's head) but left because he wasn't strong enough, something along those lines. Maybe his facial injuries were really bad, then he sought or came across Ivankov who somehow helped him. I went too far didn't I? well something along those lines anyway...

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 01:08 PM
I just realized something. Trafalgar Law may be the most "talented" of all the SN's. I mean he is clearly a doctor and also seems to be a swordsman of sorts as well as a DF user. Thats a pretty insane combination for one person to possess.

Ero-Sanji
March 17, 2010, 01:13 PM
Croc being a former son would also explain how he reluctantly helped Luffy. I mean he still has a grudge but honors his father by saving Luffy but still blames his action as a cause to offense the marines.

_AceOfSpades_
March 17, 2010, 01:15 PM
Wud?...the coverpage is missing at magastream:p i wanna see the cover page.Or is there isn't any? Could someone clarify?:amuse

anyways regarding the smiley roger, i think it's just a "coincidence"...no relations at all with the smileys found at the auction house and the IV...idk maybe it is related who knows.This reminds me of the jacket mihawk wears.It looks quite similar to Rayleigh wearing when he was young.

this week has colour pages- that is a replacement for the cover ;) they always do that....

and yeah, rayleigh's jacket from way back did remind be of hawkeyes as well. But I think it's rather because Oda has elements he always uses.... like smileys and stuff... I think it would be premature to draw conclusions from that, but who knows? I'd accept it if the story proves a relation...

Truefan21
March 17, 2010, 01:28 PM
Awesome chapter
though i disagree the Crocodile was a WB pirate, since he refers to himself as a silver medalist which suggests that he was his enemy

hiper05
March 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
Anyone notice that Luffy dropped his hat How is he going to get it back?

Truefan21
March 17, 2010, 01:35 PM
where did that happen

Trikz
March 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
Anyone notice that Luffy dropped his hat How is he going to get it back?

yeah i did. i was also wondering about that :(.

Moogle Mango
March 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
very persistent, that Akainu. It seems like he is bleeding a lot more though in the panel where all of the WB pirates are in front of him.

Aokiji is a really likable character, funny how he apologizes to Jimbei for freezing the water. Im thinking if anyone were to defect from their Admiral position, it would be him, or stray away from the WG's type of justice.

Besides Luffy getting hurt, I wonder if his Strawhat is ok. It was up in the air, then on the frozen ocean, then Crocodile probably blew it away somewhere with his tornado. It would be funny to have cover stories on where the Strawhat/Shanks hat has flown to and the many heads it has sat on haha.

It is most likely because Aokiji really looked up to Garp, so Garp's ideal and justice probably rubbed off onto him

hiper05
March 17, 2010, 01:40 PM
where did that happen

Pg. 12, right before croc sables both luffy and jimbei away.

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 01:50 PM
What a great chapter overall. Akainu is one resilient S.O.B.
I'm also worried about how Luffy is gonna get his hat back... but for sure someone will grab it, just who!?

Also Jimbei, geez looks bad man, but no doubt more will perish in this war...
Again who???

Xenos3421
March 17, 2010, 02:00 PM
Nooooooo!
First his crew, then his brother and now his namesake strawhat!! this is just depressing.

And i wanna see akainu without the hat..he's probably balding..

vader7476
March 17, 2010, 02:02 PM

Hmmm... Ace did fill into the role of second commander because it was open...

I wonder...

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 02:03 PM
What a great chapter overall. Akainu is one resilient S.O.B.
I'm also worried about how Luffy is gonna get his hat back... but for sure someone will grab it, just who!?

Also Jimbei, geez looks bad man, but no doubt more will perish in this war...
Again who???

Just imagine Shanks showing up at Marine Ford to get "his" hat back. lolz

-Ken-
March 17, 2010, 02:04 PM
Not sure if it's mention before, but is it possible that Crocodile is the ex-second division commander of whitebeard pirate?

He's strong and powerful, and the reason I say second division is because it's the vacant seat until ace come along. Akainu do group him together with the whitebeards pirate.

happy GIN smily
March 17, 2010, 02:05 PM
the shichibukai have been very quiet in the last chapters. i think it is time for them to have some screentime in the next chapter.

i am still waiting for Little Ozz Jr to rise as a zombie for example.

and i dont expect any improvement from the WB Pirates. the sucked so badly during this war. especially the commanders. they are getting ready to fight all the time since the arrived. and yet they did nothing but getting their asses kicked. at least they had some grouppicktures from time to time showing them standing arround and doing absolutely nothing while looking serious...

tako-san
March 17, 2010, 02:08 PM
WOW INTENSE CHAPTER!
law is such a dude.
but holy turnip whats gonna happen to Luffy's hat???!!

ScratchmenApoo
March 17, 2010, 02:10 PM
It became apparent in the last chapter that those things aren't drills after all. His fingers could be seen. It seems that it's some kind of metal armband. So long, tunel man...:(

Pizarro could still have the ability to tunnel. Considering if he was a paramecia, he could change his arms (or legs) into drills at will at any time, the same way Bellamy did with his springs...

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 02:21 PM
Pizarro could still have the ability to tunnel. Considering if he was a paramecia, he could change his arms (or legs) into drills at will at any time, the same way Bellamy did with his springs...

Here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/6) and here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/7) it still looks as if he has "drill" like things for his arms.

Uriel
March 17, 2010, 02:24 PM
I liked the Submarine of Law. Really cool. And now almost all my theories fades away, I love Oda and how He changes stuff. I thought Luffy would run with Ivan and go with the Revolutionaires, now I know It wont happen like that.

Aikanu is...a bitch. A hard bitch. I like it, it fits perfectly the bad dog reputation and what it was needed in the admiral group. The wacko militar person, I mean.

sarutobi_sensei
March 17, 2010, 02:27 PM
God epic chapter is epic.

Brilliant

Crocodile standing next to the captains like that, epic. I begin to think that @ some time he was one of the division commanders.

Law's entrance, epic. Bringa Mugiwara-san-yo here x) That's what he says right?

beastboy
March 17, 2010, 02:31 PM
WoW... I said the chapter would be 19 pages long.. And I was right (I think.. or that, or it has only 2 spreads..)
:D
I'm reading it right now, Mangastream is slow as hell!

Uriel
March 17, 2010, 02:39 PM
Crocodile standing next to the captains like that, epic. I begin to think that @ some time he was one of the division commanders.
Well, we know that Ivan know him and He was exactly like Luffy until He changes in the new world...I don't know, could be because Oda surprises us all the time, but I don't see it coherent.

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 02:48 PM
He won't lose his hat for good, no matter how dark this manga is getting. He's had it for even longer than he's known Ace. Even if Marineford is destroyed it'll wash up on a beach or something..

Mind you is it me or was the time he woke up after Iva's treatment (or not really woke up but stopped screaming mindlessly so same principle) the first time Luffy's woken up after a fight and not immediately panicked about where the hat is? I'm pretty sure he didn't mention it at all.

Lunatic Scream
March 17, 2010, 02:52 PM
Crocodile has gotten cooler with every appearance he's made in this war. He just stops Akainu and sends Luffy n' Jinbei flying. Pretty crazy.

And then Crocodile and Whitebeard's crew face off against the Admiral himself. It's becoming oh so clear how strong the Admirals and Sengoku are compared to everyone else. A divison commander can match a Shichibukai, but it seems like it takes one of the Yonkou themself to put up a fight with an Admiral.

Law?! Where the hell'd he come from... a Submarine may be the only way to escape the Admirals, though.

beastboy
March 17, 2010, 02:52 PM
He had the hat on his head I guess... to lazy to go search for it!

But I hope he doesn't loses is Mugiwara... otherwise the crew would have to change his name...

I hope Akainu will get is ass kicked by Marco and Vista... after all they're haki users...
Hope jozz unfrozes cause that way would be better... 2 vs 1 against an admiral is still suicidal...

But lets not forget, that while losing your head does no damage at all, it distracts you.... :3 so Croc can just keep cuting is head while Marco and Vista burn and cutt him!

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 02:53 PM
Man! Look at all the people that protect Luffy. That is really awesome! But i dont want all of them to die from fighting akainu

goldb
March 17, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hmmm... Ace did fill into the role of second commander because it was open...

I wonder...

Yeah it was mentioned here (http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/552/011.jpg). I was gonna say maybe that was Crocodile's old division, but you could see that when they met (http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/544/009.jpg) in Impel Down Croc had no idea who BB was, and we know BB has been with WB pirates for at least 20 years, so either Croco-boy left before BB joined for he was never part of his crew.

beastboy
March 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
@Goldb

He was not in the crew 20 years ago, and BB was, so you just proventhat the theory is wrong... xD

tiberiuscg
March 17, 2010, 03:01 PM
after reading spoilers
after seeing a lot of people saying this chapter have nothing new to show

jesus christ, akainu is a beast, awesome chapter

edit: BUGGY IS VERY STRONG, ISNT HE?

beastboy
March 17, 2010, 03:04 PM
Well yes he is...
Buggy is the man... He pretends he is running a way, to save a comrade :< My eyes are going to burn T_T

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 03:08 PM
Buggy. The luckiest man i've ever see

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
yeah, he beats Luffy on luck now. It took less than a year for Luffy's luck to run out, but Buggy's inexplicably survived the entire age of piracy..

Lee-tyme7
March 17, 2010, 03:16 PM
lol buggy is too funny, and did Akainu pierce Luffy's chest open as well as Jembei?

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 03:18 PM
Luffy chest look like have some holes... hope its not that critical

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 03:22 PM
looks like it, but Luffy's amazing chest-injury-recovery powers can take it.

Somehow Crocodile's hook looked more painful all that time back :D

wait, wasn't Luffy also impaled by laser beams about 5 chapters ago?

~†Ale†~
March 17, 2010, 03:23 PM
I hate Buggy. Oda continues to save him...damn...
Sengoku that fights is cool! He's very strong.
Finally Law! I think he'll put things right. lol

sarutobi_sensei
March 17, 2010, 03:33 PM
Well, we know that Ivan know him and He was exactly like Luffy until He changes in the new world...I don't know, could be because Oda surprises us all the time, but I don't see it coherent.

Pardon if I'm mistaken but was it ever mentioned that Croc went to the New World?

after reading spoilers
after seeing a lot of people saying this chapter have nothing new to show

jesus christ, akainu is a beast, awesome chapter

edit: BUGGY IS VERY STRONG, ISNT HE?

Yes he is. To be able to withstand the weight of 2 persons, one of them probably weighing 300Kg (Jinbei) because he is both a fishman and a whale kind of fishman, Buggy is really strong.

Plus another proof of his strength is when he punches a Bluegori in ID.

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 03:34 PM
I have to say the Marine's undersea surveillance is crap. Whitebeard brought an entire fleet of ships in underwater and they didn't notice. and now Law. A few of those gorilla-things from Impel Down could've ruined the entire plan. I like his submarine-with-lanterns though..

blackking187
March 17, 2010, 03:34 PM
Question when is strong world on dvd in japan? Last shippuuden movie?\

Prediction long/short term

Sengoku is going to die
Akainu new fleed admiral with a hate against luffy.
Luffy 1.000.000.000 new bounty
Jimbei new sh member
Next arc is fishermen island

The time skip i have been reading people writing about one piece making a time skip
The time skip we will see/read is going to be fisherman's island
After fisherman arc the sh crew will arrive at the new totally changed know the new world they have been hearing about
Its the era of black beard
No shicibukai no yonkou and the marines at low strengh the balance is gone.
Only the strongest survive and bleak beard is the strongest.

Shisu
March 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
Buggy's expression ! Hilarious! :tem
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/14

This chapter is filled with epicness.

aizen uchiha
March 17, 2010, 03:45 PM
Akainu lumped crocodile with the whitebeard pirates.....

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah if Buggy wasn't there, there wouldn't be enough cowards around to make 'WAAAAAA..I'm being chased by a frickin Volcano!' faces. I can't imagine Usopp's face in the same situation though.

I want to see how the epic fights play out but I hope we get Luffy's reaction soon..

Could be right about Sengoku dying, he does have a few too many redeeming features to head the Marines in the Age of Blackbeard. But if Akainu took over would Garp still work for him?
I don't think too many more people will be killed off though, far more interesting to leave them around to increase the amount of trouble the Strawhats are in.

Jimbei wouldn't fit in the Straw Hats.. plus it was implied that he holds some kind of grudge about Arlong, that he decided to ignore temporarily for Whitebeard's sake.

hiper05
March 17, 2010, 04:04 PM
I thought it was more guilt that Arlong was running around and gald that Luffy took care of him.

Lord Rayleigh
March 17, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah it was mentioned here (http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/552/011.jpg). I was gonna say maybe that was Crocodile's old division, but you could see that when they met (http://dl01.mangashare.com/manga/One-Piece/544/009.jpg) in Impel Down Croc had no idea who BB was, and we know BB has been with WB pirates for at least 20 years, so either Croco-boy left before BB joined for he was never part of his crew.
BB was already in the WB crew two years after the PK's death (we could see him in Strong World - Chapter 0). So, there is no way Crocodile was a WB pirate before BB.

Anyway, in the discussion between the two Shichibukai, Crocodile only asked " You call yourself BB, do you ? " and said he had learnt a man called BB who was a said to be an unknown member of the WB pirates took his place as a Shichibukai. You can't conclude from it that he did not know BB before.

Don't forget that BB was known as Teach in the WB crew : Crocodile may have known BB years ago as Teach, a member of his own division, and asked : " [So] you call yourself BB [now, Teach], do you ?

And it's interesting to notice that Crocodile talked to him as if he was his superior (he was above him, looking down to see him, while BB was looking up) and asked him questions that Teach was supposed to answer. Then, Teach asked him " Since when do I have any obligation to tell the details to you ? [You have no longer been my commander for years].

Razh
March 17, 2010, 04:13 PM
Nice post. Summed up nicely everything that I thought about the matter, but didn't have time to post. From that conversation, at least from the way in which was translated, it can't be discerned whether they did or did not know each other.

Charlie
March 17, 2010, 04:14 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/5

I don't understand Black-bears logic at all. If he wanted to destroy marine HQ, he could have done it with his Darkness fruit alone!

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/06-07/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/08-09/

Seems like Teach ate too many cherry pies... :p

Lord Rayleigh
March 17, 2010, 04:25 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/5

I don't understand Black-bears logic at all. If he wanted to destroy marine HQ, he could have done it with his Darkness fruit alone!

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/07/

With the Yami Yami it would have taken a lot of time : he would have need to stretch his darkness and then absorb the whole thing, whereas the Gura Gura does it instantaneously. And within the time he is putting his hand towards the ground, everybody can hurt him as he is defenceless.
There is also the fact, that even if time is not a problem, he would have to be sure his darkness do not absorb each member of his crew, which seems difficult when you try to suck a thing as big as Marineford'castle.

chess4
March 17, 2010, 04:25 PM
ace's chance of being saved has went up since law has arrived. i always thought that the chapter titled Portgaz D. Ace is dead was kinda symbolic, of him dying and him being reborn as Gol D. Ace. we dont know the ewtent of law's power. of all the charqacters in one piece law is the one that can possible save him

Alien81
March 17, 2010, 04:28 PM
luffy drop his hat, i don't think he will leave without it, the way i see it law will heal luffy get him back to 100%. Luffy now ready an perhaps has mastered half way his haki, since he has been using it, but just hasn't actually realise that he has one, the strongest one i might add.

clearly red dog aint going to give up until someone kick his ass again, and this time for good.

I think he will over power most of the wb pirates, some may survive i.e. croco, marco and vista. I think luffy will think is his responsibility to kick reddog's ass all the way, when he his heal by law. or there fight could be for another arch, but i want to see it now.

P.S. - another epic chapter oda, truly knows how to drop like is hottt.

hiper05
March 17, 2010, 04:28 PM
Prediction::: Law's fruit: surgon surgon no mi

goldb
March 17, 2010, 04:33 PM

I think his devil fruit ability, using his "Room" technique is what allows him to operate successfully on patients. by slicing their bodies within the "room", they won't feel any pain as long as they remain inside and he can safely perform. something like that.

Alien81
March 17, 2010, 04:33 PM
ace's chance of being saved has went up since law has arrived. i always thought that the chapter titled Portgaz D. Ace is dead was kinda symbolic, of him dying and him being reborn as Gol D. Ace. we dont know the ewtent of law's power. of all the charqacters in one piece law is the one that can possible save him

how so his already dead, unless your trying to tell me law has the power to bring back the dead.

i think ace being dead is perfect, there is know need bring him back, unless oda really wants him to play a big part in the new era.

Wasabinmynoz
March 17, 2010, 04:35 PM
Up till now I thought Sengoku was one of the bad marines like Akainu and that Oda would reveal his unpalatable side slowly to us, but after this chapter he seems to be one of the 'good' marines.

I read a post a while go that refuted the 'jinbei holds a grudge bout arlong' case, i don't remember the details, but I think a mistranslation was involved by one of the translating groups. Anyway arlong park were doing dodgy stuff, it doesnt make sense that Jinbei would support their gang.

I thought Trafalgar Law's entry was EPIC! People have probably said this many times, but the thought of Law's crew becoming friendly allies with Mugiwaras is very exciting. SH can only survive NW by making lots of friends, which Luffy is very good at, something Oda emphasises almost every chapter. Man, Luffy will become one highly connected pirate. He is allied with a Yonkou, the Revolutionaries, the WB Pirates and their allies, Kuja Pirates, probably Mermen Island because of Jinbei and WB's 'last order', Crocodile's Baroques Crew (Mr 2 and Mr 3 have already been friends and now Crocodile), and now Trafalgar Law's crew. Of course leaving aside individuals like Rayleigh.

This kind of severely imbalances the scenario with respect to other supernovae who don't have any such badass allies in the NW (or doooo theyyyy? :P )

deffkryz
March 17, 2010, 04:39 PM

The name doesn't fit into the "two syllables" scheme for DF naming.

I'd bet on "uzu uzu no mi": "uzu" (渦; うず) means "whirl", "uzu uzu" (うずうず) means "aching to do sth." which fits his personality.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/06-07/

Gura Gura is like chewing, Yami Yami is like swallowing (and pooping). Everyone knows, it's better to chew first before swallowing in most cases. ;)

Drmke
March 17, 2010, 04:48 PM
Law's fruit has already been shown and its not a surgeon fruit^^

But this chapter was amazing simply because Law showed up! Easily one of my most favorite characters. But I wonder how many of Whitebeard's pirates will survive? Or for that matter, will Crocodile and Jembei survive? Seems like Oda might be killing off the old guard so that the new generation can replace them.

JC123
March 17, 2010, 04:51 PM

But this chapter was amazing simply because Law showed up! Easily one of my most favorite characters. But I wonder how many of Whitebeard's pirates will survive? Or for that matter, will Crocodile and Jembei survive? Seems like Oda might be killing off the old guard so that the new generation can replace them.

In a way, it's as it should be. In order for there to be a new balance, the old ways have to be destroyed for new paths to follow. No one can forget WB's legacy, but the NW is simply too big for all of the pirates and Marines.

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
Man, Luffy will become one highly connected pirate.

Goes with what Mihawk said a while back, about the ability to make allies being the greatest power on the sea (or something). Considering Mihawk seems to be a loner it was interesting coming from him.
Luffy going from losing the crew and being alone with no-one to count on for the first time since Chapter 1, to rampaging through Impel Down with a collection of former enemies (and those guys were having fun too) just summed it up really.

Charlie
March 17, 2010, 04:54 PM
With the Yami Yami it would have taken a lot of time : he would have need to stretch his darkness and then absorb the whole thing, whereas the Gura Gura does it instantaneously. And within the time he is putting his hand towards the ground, everybody can hurt him as he is defenceless.
There is also the fact, that even if time is not a problem, he would have to be sure his darkness do not absorb each member of his crew, which seems difficult when you try to suck a thing as big as Marineford'castle.

I Don't think the Yami fruit is that slow. Also he can direct it against the Marine HQ and wouldn't affect his men. Then all the guys standing near the HQ would move out of the way or at-least try to.

The Earthquake fruit having the upper hand time-wise does make some sense. Making him less defenseless.

One thing is for certain. Teach can become the best garbage man in the world.

He can destroy cities and all the trash in his way with the Gura Gura no Mi. Then clean up all the mess with the Yami Yami no Mi. :p

Edit: Guess he can destroy and clean up with the yami yami no Mi. :)

luffy drop his hat, i don't think he will leave without it, .

I think Oda sensei did that show us Luffy will make it back before being escorted out.

The second possibility is that someone will bring it back for him.

Nice one mate! I'm going to duck the tomatoes and say the Ori-hime hime no mi. :gigglebunny

Alien81
March 17, 2010, 04:55 PM

good question, although i could see more wb pirates dying, i don't think it will be all of them.

Wb died at the age of 72, someone corrent me if am wrong, i can't remember.

here is a question since marco joz vista were in chapter 0, how old are they.

timzzzzz
March 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
lol trafalgar law says he's a doctor. Since its one piece, he's probably just gonna apply a bandage. Brain tumor? no problem... *applies bandage to brain.

oh and i'll say it again... BB gonna kill sengoku..... maybe.

bruticus171
March 17, 2010, 05:16 PM
i just wonder if bb is lying about eating the dark dark fruit, because it always has to come from his back then to the part of the body he is using to attack someone. I think that the coat have the dark dark power instead of bb himself. this does allow bb to have to gain the quake quake fruit without killing himself and this looks as if he does have two powers, but he just has one and the other the coat has the other. well this is just a far off guess so do not think i was serious about this idea.

prediction to 579. big fights scenes continue on, see new moves from Law and maybe the other supernovas show up at marine ford.

i just want to see Garp charge and beat up bb.

Host Samurai
March 17, 2010, 05:16 PM
how so his already dead, unless your trying to tell me law has the power to bring back the dead.

i think ace being dead is perfect, there is know need bring him back, unless oda really wants him to play a big part in the new era.

The only way how could work is, if Law combines his df ability with Marco's. Like this somehow... Law uses his room, within are Ace and Marco. He then cuts Ace's and Marco's torso and switch them together, now Marco's abilty comes into play. He uses Ace's torso like his own and goes phoenix mode in order to regenerate Ace organs after he's finished. Law switch them back. And we have the revival of Gol D. Ace.:tem:D

Drmke
March 17, 2010, 05:19 PM
i just wonder if bb is lying about eating the dark dark fruit, because it always has to come from his back then to the part of the body he is using to attack someone. I think that the coat have the dark dark power instead of bb himself. this does allow bb to have to gain the quake quake fruit without killing himself and this looks as if he does have two powers, but he just has one and the other the coat has the other. well this is just a far off guess so do not think i was serious about this idea.

prediction to 579. big fights scenes continue on, see new moves from Law and maybe the other supernovas show up at marine ford.

i just want to see Garp charge and beat up bb.

I like your Blackbeard prediction. I could actually see something like that happening though I can't remember if devil fruits can combine with objects. :blink

I kinda hope we don't see a big fight scene involving Law. The rest of the Whitebeard pirates will of course still fight, but if Law gets involved when he's supposed to be treating and escaping with Luffy, his presence will be nearly wasted.

undertoe
March 17, 2010, 05:30 PM
That Blackbeard prediction isn't possible. He negated Luffy's DF in ID with just his hand.

mr.danly
March 17, 2010, 05:30 PM
man, Luffy's going to be freakin' pissed about losing his hat whenever he wakes up.

Sachsenhesse
March 17, 2010, 05:32 PM
far more interesting is das crocodile stands in front of the wb pirates and akainu says "Whitebeard pirates!" as he would count into them too

Ratatosk
March 17, 2010, 05:37 PM
I think Oda sensei did that show us Luffy will make it back before being escorted out.

I like that theory, but he's already pushed himself too far; Iva said the next time he passed out he'd be out of the picture, and that was before he had a mental breakdown and was stabbed with magma.

If he goes back for it it will be after everything is over. Kinda like CP9's adventures in the ruins of Enel's Lobby. Or maybe Coby will find it? Poor Coby.

The idea about Blackbeard's coat is ace, but he's such a greedy bastard why would he feed it to his coat and risk losing the coat if he could just eat it himself? Plus isn't Vegapunk the only one who knows how to feed Devil's fruits to inanimate objects? There's no guarantee he/she/it's not in on the plan of course..

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 05:54 PM
I doubt Trafalgar Law will be drawn into this battle..
More likely that he will possibly fend off an a attack or two, and take off.
He's here to observe and now to save Luffy it seems...

About BB, he has 2 fruit powers and it relates to his biology somehow.
That much is clear from the previous chapter.. we don't know exactly what's going on... Either way BB is here to stay and is quite powerful...

He can withstand serious damage, so I doubt he is toast..
But sure seems like a hasty retreat would be wise..

Croc. is the unsung hero of the war IMO.

ScorpionGR
March 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
what chapter was when law left from Sabaody Archipelago too Marineford ?

sarutobi_sensei
March 17, 2010, 06:03 PM

I think so too.

He is the Surgeon of Death after all.

Maybe he can replace Ace's organs with someone else's organs, I dunno. Maybe he can re-arrange Ace's insides so that they can work. Something like that.

luffy drop his hat, i don't think he will leave without it, the way i see it law will heal luffy get him back to 100%. Luffy now ready an perhaps has mastered half way his haki, since he has been using it, but just hasn't actually realise that he has one, the strongest one i might add.

Boa will get it and give it to him.

clearly red dog aint going to give up until someone kick his ass again, and this time for good.

He is going to be taken down against all those persons xD

I think he will over power most of the wb pirates, some may survive i.e. croco, marco and vista. I think luffy will think is his responsibility to kick reddog's ass all the way, when he his heal by law. or there fight could be for another arch, but i want to see it now.

He won't be fighting now, that's for sure. He's mentally broken, plus his body needs to recover.

P.S. - another epic chapter oda, truly knows how to drop like is hottt.

Surgeon of Death. Surgeons don't operate dead people now do they? With that title, he is bound to be able to do something.

Well it was shown, not explained. Plus we've only seen one thing of his fruit. Only one attack.

Zatono
March 17, 2010, 06:13 PM
Croc. is the unsung hero of the war IMO.

Yeah, basically. He's saved Ace once, and kept Shichibukai busy. Just keeping Mihawk busy is a large feat.

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 06:30 PM
what chapter was when law left from Sabaody Archipelago too Marineford ?

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565/03/
Here's the source.
Hope that helps..

I bet more SN are in the area too, but then again who knows..

I'm glad it was Law who showed up... he seems like he'd get along with Luffy...

Kojindaigo
March 17, 2010, 06:37 PM
Is it just me or Jinbei hasn't shown any fighting skills since the one when he splashed water on Moria's shadow...it's kind of disappointing considering he's a former shikibukai...

And I do hope all the other 9 supernovas appear on the succeeding chapters..to save Strawhat. Or maybe just Kid, Jewelry and Bege. The skills they have is badly needed...

jiminy
March 17, 2010, 06:38 PM
since Sengoku has taken the offensive against the BB pirates, I wonder if Garp will be out to take care of Akainu for what he has done. Akainu is basically harming Luffy even more, while he is in an unconscious state too. I hope to see some more of Garp before this war ends.

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Is it just me or Jinbei hasn't shown any fighting skills since the one when he splashed water on Moria's shadow...it's kind of disappointing considering he's a former shikibukai...

And I do hope all the other 9 supernovas appear on the succeeding chapters..to save Strawhat. Or maybe just Kid, Jewelry and Bege. The skills they have is badly needed...

Jimbei did grab Akainu's arm and has evaded capture for how many chapters now??? While he hasn't been anything amazing, he has been reliable..
And if in this final sacrifice Luffy gets out free and safe.. then IMO he's shown ability beyond "damage output"

I doubt anyone else will show up to save strawhat.. but maybe to make a mess or just to see the show.... But at this point it's better off to just stay away...

DEATHBOTT
March 17, 2010, 06:59 PM
I think so too.

He is the Surgeon of Death after all.

Maybe he can replace Ace's organs with someone else's organs, I dunno. Maybe he can re-arrange Ace's insides so that they can work. Something like that.

Surgeon of Death. Surgeons don't operate dead people now do they? With that title, he is bound to be able to do something.

Well it was shown, not explained. Plus we've only seen one thing of his fruit. Only one attack.

ace isn't coming back. laws name probably has something to do with the fact that he is a doctor and a pirate that kills people.

undertoe
March 17, 2010, 06:59 PM
Here's the source.
Hope that helps..

You know, I'd say this is evidence that Law's arrival had nothing to do with Jean Bart's light debt to Luffy... Law is the one who told everyone they were moving out.

jiminy
March 17, 2010, 07:01 PM
I dont think that the rest of the supernovas can contribute much to the current war situation. Sure they do have skills, but they are not yet powerful enough to do anything, especially since they were practically running scared of a marine admiral when they were on shabondy. How would they feel when they realize all three of them are here at MHQ. They should just get on ahead to the NW asap.

As for Law, I think that he will help Luffy get back to Shabondy, or just head down to Fishman Island (since his ship is a submarine and does not require a bubble to get to Fishman Island).

JC123
March 17, 2010, 07:16 PM
I dont think that the rest of the supernovas can contribute much to the current war situation. Sure they do have skills, but they are not yet powerful enough to do anything, especially since they were practically running scared of a marine admiral when they were on shabondy. How would they feel when they realize all three of them are here at MHQ. They should just get on ahead to the NW asap.

As for Law, I think that he will help Luffy get back to Shabondy, or just head down to Fishman Island (since his ship is a submarine and does not require a bubble to get to Fishman Island).

Let's remember, the SN will shape the world in their image. Some (Bonnie and Capone) won't go to the big fights. In that way, they're similar to Buggy.

Some, Apoo, will probably come but leave after only a few moments. The ones to watch out for are Kidd and Law, who seem to be the leaders same as Luffy.

hhv94
March 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
OMG...chapter was great! Poor Jimbei! Hope he and Luffy can get the medical help they need. I also hope the WB pirates make it out alive especialy after taking that blast from that jerk Akainu! I hope another pirate group shows up to help the WB pirates out of the mess!

Oh and I agree Croc I think is the most shockingly helpful one in this war. I'm surprised his helping this much. His hate for the marines is stronger then anything I've seen.

Bugzee
March 17, 2010, 07:36 PM
Seems as though both Jinbei & Luffy will go with Law imo. I wouldn't mind seeing Buggy going with them as well. I couldn't see clearly from the spoiler pics but now that I've read the chapter, it really does look like Luffy will be leaving his straw hat. :s

It's going to be interesting who picks it up/takes care of it. Maybe, Buggy will retrieve it? Or Boa? I really wanted to see more of Garp, dammit. :darn I hope we get to see more of him next chapter. :) All in all, I think it was a great chapter.

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 07:42 PM
Oho! I think Law will get luffy and jimbe. Then they dive into the water. After that
"1 month later" ( get what im saying?)

Junior
March 17, 2010, 07:43 PM
ace isn't coming back. laws name probably has something to do with the fact that he is a doctor and a pirate that kills people.

'xactly.

Lets not forget his DF ability. He can chop up and mix and match body parts.

He's quite deadly. ;o

Zatono
March 17, 2010, 07:43 PM
I wonder where Kizaru wandered off to? His disappearance is annoying because it seems like Oda just can't have him be there since he'd probably:

A. Help Sengoku and annihilate the BB pirates
B. Travel at the speed of light to beat down Jimbei and kill Luffy
C. Own everyone who's not Marco or Croc.

:s

elitefox
March 17, 2010, 07:45 PM
since Sengoku has taken the offensive against the BB pirates, I wonder if Garp will be out to take care of Akainu for what he has done. Akainu is basically harming Luffy even more, while he is in an unconscious state too. I hope to see some more of Garp before this war ends.

Haha Go Garp and get the title

The Magma Killer :D
[hr]

OMG...chapter was great! Poor Jimbei! Hope he and Luffy can get the medical help they need. I also hope the WB pirates make it out alive especialy after taking that blast from that jerk Akainu! I hope another pirate group shows up to help the WB pirates out of the mess!

Oh and I agree Croc I think is the most shockingly helpful one in this war. I'm surprised his helping this much. His hate for the marines is stronger then anything I've seen.

I think they won't... so that the Strawhats will have a hard time in NW

since if the WB pirates are there... I think the SH will be spoon fed so not likely they will not die but maybe captured somehow. :o

DARK
March 17, 2010, 07:46 PM

Law was the only Supernova who can both function as a doctor (to help Luffy) while at the same time Luffy's enemy.
Law does not particularly like Luffy; he simply does not want the man to die yet because then his adventure would be too "lame."
If Law is here, I expect the other Supernova to show up soon.

sarutobi_sensei
March 17, 2010, 07:49 PM
Here's the source.
Hope that helps..

I believe they are. I want them to be :D

Or he can do what I said and Ace comes back to life.

I'll stick with Ace not being dead for the time being.

Bugzee
March 17, 2010, 07:52 PM
Yep, I'm curious to know what Kizaru is up to as well. I assumed Marco was keeping him busy but I was wrong. Maybe, Kizaru is holding Garp down? :D

Crocodile & the WB pirates against Akainu. I can't wait! :shakefist Seems like Croco-boy has some history with the crew imo. I knew BB had the intention of destroying the whole island. I think he'll still finish Marineford off. Sengoku has one weird ability, I'm even more curious to know what his devil fruit is now. That shockwave attack just owned the BB pirates.

bittman
March 17, 2010, 08:02 PM
Can we stop the "Oh maybe Law can save everyone ever in the world even if they're just a pile of flesh!"

Ace is dead. Even if Law magically rearranged his insides to be someone elses insides, clinically Ace has been dead for some time now. You don't just watch someone die, and then go "ok, it's been about 30 minutes, let's try revive them".

Plus Ace is on the other side of the freaking battlefield. You think Law can dodge Akainu, Aokoji, BB vs Sengoku and thousands of marines to reach Ace, and then return? Why in the world would he do that?

Geez, next I'll be seeing theories about how Blackbeard is going to revive Whitebeard.

Bugzee
March 17, 2010, 08:07 PM
I have a strong feeling that Jinbei, Luffy and Buggy will be together until the SH's reunite. I guess the timeskip will focus partly on the rest of the SH's and what Luffy & co will be doing with Law? Maybe, he'll be going back to SA? Hmm. Seems as though Law will be heading to the NW now!

I really wanted Luffy to go back to SA so that the great Rayleigh senpai could train him. :shakefist I also wanted to see Luffy travel to the NW (for the first time) with his own crew. :(

I can't see why Law would go back to SA now. Unless, he was given a specific objective/task to complete? :D

frontaLobotomy
March 17, 2010, 08:14 PM
I'd say Law will bring him back to Shabondy. I doubt Rayleigh will have asked him to or anything like that, but Luffy's ship is back there, he won't go to the New World without his ship or his crew. Or without his hat, for that matter.

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah! about the hat... i doubt that is the most important thing right now cuz he just lost his brother! He properly forget about it.

Vetinari clone
March 17, 2010, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah! about the hat... i doubt that is the most important thing right now cuz he just lost his brother! He properly forget about it.

NO! Luffy does not forget about his hat. It is the first thing he looks for when waking up, it is his treasure, he needs it more now than before!

patz
March 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
If Law can switch people's body parts, may be he can switch heart and organ to make Ace alive.

I wonder why Hancock hasn't shown up to help Luffy. She could turn Akainu into a stone.

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
NO! Luffy does not forget about his hat. It is the first thing he looks for when waking up, it is his treasure, he needs it more now than before!
Really? he will find his hat even after his brother die in front of him? WHich is more precious? of course ace is!

Bertosch
March 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
Why dont you people see, that it would be more conflict if Ace will live on? That would mean that he has to fight against Luffy in the end. So it is for the storyline much better if he is dead!

patz
March 17, 2010, 08:56 PM
After WB is dead, I'm sure Ace's willing to make Luffy the Pirate King.

undertoe
March 17, 2010, 09:00 PM
Ace isn't coming back people! Oda has bluntly stated that when he kills characters, he won't bring them back. He dislikes it when that happens in manga. Let it go.

Bertosch
March 17, 2010, 09:10 PM
After WB is dead, I'm sure Ace's willing to make Luffy the Pirate King.

See and thats what doesn't fit Oda's style of writing the story. Luffy and Ace have chosen their own way of how to live a life! So it wouldn't make any sense if Ace would now help his little brother.

ceasar
March 17, 2010, 09:19 PM
See and thats what doesn't fit Oda's style of writing the story. Luffy and Ace have chosen their own way of how to live a life! So it wouldn't make any sense if Ace would now help his little brother.

Ace is dead so he wont be helping anyone. Luffy needs to come out of his coma and get himself into training because the admirals and BB are on a whole other level.

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 09:23 PM
So it wouldn't make any sense if Ace would now help his little brother.
wow i dont get what the hell are you saying dude. Ace give up his life to save his brother. And why the hell should Luffy fight ACe? To become strongest? Come onnnn. You are insane or you did not read OP?

Naruffy
March 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
Does anyone else think that this chapter and the last chapter make Jimbei more likely to become a straw hat? I know a lot of people will disagree, but his sudden dedication to protecting Luffy makes me think that he'll atleast stay will Luffy until they get to the New World.

WickedNeko
March 17, 2010, 09:29 PM
Up till now I thought Sengoku was one of the bad marines like Akainu and that Oda would reveal his unpalatable side slowly to us, but after this chapter he seems to be one of the 'good' marines.

Why do people keep insisting that Akainu is a "bad guy"? Seriously. He's probably one of the best marine presented so far... most loyal and hardworking at preserving the peace and protecting the innocent. Of course he tricked WB pirates and killed Ace. Of course he killed the coward marine that deserted his post. That's what he was supposed to do. That's what the citizens of the world pay the marine for.

You don't expect cops to let criminals go because "hey, that criminal is my friend / relative". Garp, in this context, is a "bad marine". He let a dangerous pirate escape by purposely allowing another pirate to knock him out because they were "his relatives", forsaking his oath to uphold the law.

At any rate... after this war is over in following few chapters... I wonder what's going to happen to the marines. Sure, they managed to kill WB and execute Ace, but they lost Marineford (that's the right name, correct), they lost control of Imperial Down, Shichibukai was broken up, and their army of Pacifistas were destroyed. In addition, their intelligence service CP9 was all but eradicated. So without their military, jail, or intelligence... what do they have left?

Garp7
March 17, 2010, 09:39 PM
Why do people keep insisting that Akainu is a "bad guy"? Seriously. He's probably one of the best marine presented so far... most loyal and hardworking at preserving the peace and protecting the innocent. Of course he tricked WB pirates and killed Ace. Of course he killed the coward marine that deserted his post. That's what he was supposed to do. That's what the citizens of the world pay the marine for.

You don't expect cops to let criminals go because "hey, that criminal is my friend / relative". Garp, in this context, is a "bad marine". He let a dangerous pirate escape by purposely allowing another pirate to knock him out because they were "his relatives", forsaking his oath to uphold the law.

To me Akainu is bad because he destroyed a ship full of civilian @ Ohara which probably killing a lot of them.

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 09:49 PM
To me Akainu is bad because he destroyed a ship full of civilian @ Ohara which probably killing a lot of them.
True! He is the worst or all the worst out there i've ever see !

dmnt3d
March 17, 2010, 09:55 PM
After this Chapter, Akainu is one bad-ass Marine. O_O

He looks like the villain in Terminator 2 (the liquid metal guy) - who just keeps coming forward and knocking everyone cold.

Now -- his fighting the WB pirates+ Croco. WOWW just WOW!

masubiladin
March 17, 2010, 10:02 PM
Wonder if he can win?

Lunatic Scream
March 17, 2010, 10:05 PM

At any rate... after this war is over in following few chapters... I wonder what's going to happen to the marines. Sure, they managed to kill WB and execute Ace, but they lost Marineford (that's the right name, correct), they lost control of Imperial Down, Shichibukai was broken up, and their army of Pacifistas were destroyed. In addition, their intelligence service CP9 was all but eradicated. So without their military, jail, or intelligence... what do they have left?

Akainu is the furthest extreme of Absolute Justice that we've seen in the series. Is he a bad guy by marine standards? Absolutely not. By the standards of Absolute Justice, Akainu is the biggest hero this story has to offer, along with Sengoku. However, Absolute Justice is also dangerously paranoid, willing to sacrifice a thousand innocent lives for the possibility of one evil one.

I don't hate him, I think he's a great villain. But as long as the story revolves around freedom, and pirates, that's what he's going to stay, a villain. Though, he is definitely the most capable antagonist One Piece has seen thus far, and the only one to really accomplish their objectives.

One Piece certainly doesn't touch on the darker side of piracy, however. I'm sure there are plenty of crews in OP that just rape and pillage, but they're never really shown. Even Eustass Kidd who slaughtered countless civilians is shown in a more appreciable light than some of the marines. In terms of villainy, Kidd should be near the top, right?

fuatf90
March 17, 2010, 10:18 PM
I would not classify pirate-marine relationship as a criminal-cop relationship. Well, maybe yes if the term "pirate" in One Piece was the same as the real life pirates. Oda created a universe where the world-aware people who chase their dreams realise the world as it is, is not how its supposed to be. Oda created pirates so that they can be catagorized as 2, the treasure hunters and FREEDOM chasers. How many real life pirates wanted freedom? or a family? or just some adventure because they are bored. The freedom chasers are the most remarkable pirates. The treasure hunters are just low bounty, overconfident bunch of ignorant people who represent the real world pirates. Akainu is a brain-washed marine who thinks the "absolute-justice" is killing anyone under the title "pirate". The absolute justice is NOTHING without morals and self-analyzing. In my opinion Akainu knows very well he is more fit to be a criminal than any WB pirate including WB or Luffy. Akainu is not actually following justice, he is just using it to satisfy his murderous intents...

Garp7
March 17, 2010, 10:19 PM
Akainu is the furthest extreme of Absolute Justice that we've seen in the series. Is he a bad guy by marine standards? Absolutely not. By the standards of Absolute Justice, Akainu is the biggest hero this story has to offer, along with Sengoku. However, Absolute Justice is also dangerously paranoid, willing to sacrifice a thousand innocent lives for the possibility of one evil one.

I do not call that absolute justice. To me it's corrupted justice. I think it's the brand of justice encourage by the WG. I mean, what brand of justice is that for punishing people: "Because he's Roger's/ Dragon's son", "Because (s)he is intellectual(s)", "because they are pirate"?. WG is hiding something. They don't want something they hide from the public being known.

SimpsKwan
March 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
I do not call that absolute justice. To me it's corrupted justice. I think it's the brand of justice encourage by the WG. I mean, what brand of justice is that for punishing people: "Because he's Roger's/ Dragon's son", "Because (s)he is intellectual(s)", "because they are pirate"?. WG is hiding something. They don't want something they hide from the public being known.

Wait..doesn't it make sense to punish people just because they are pirates??:p

I don't think most WB commanders will stand a chance against Akainu. Just look at how easily he managed to take down both Iva and Inazuma ( and I assumed that these two should be at least as strong as most of the commanders). He can probably get rid of the weaker commanders like Atmos and Curiel pretty quickly so number wouldn't mean much against him. Now I'm interested to see what croc, Marco, and Vista can do.

Garp7
March 17, 2010, 10:34 PM
Wait..doesn't it make sense to punish people just because they are pirates??:p

Does it make sense to punish a group of people who called themselve pirates but haven't do anything criminal?

Punish people based on their proven crimes, not because of what they call themselve.

zerocooldx
March 17, 2010, 10:40 PM
Does it make sense to punish a group of people who called themselve pirates but haven't do anything criminal?

Punish people based on their proven crimes, not because of what they call themselve.

Well i think the term pirate refers to individuals who have or will commit some types of "crimes".

undertoe
March 17, 2010, 10:42 PM
Akainu is a bad guy in the same way that Darth Vader was. The WG is just as evil as the Empire.

Uriel
March 17, 2010, 10:48 PM
Akainu is a bad guy in the same way that Darth Vader was. The WG is just as evil as the Empire.
I don't see Aikanu hurting someone who is not pirate. I know what's your point, but you've to understand that after all it's their job.
And Darth Vader was good inside, I think Aikanu reminds me more one of the villains of one wild west style movie. :O

Truefan21
March 17, 2010, 11:03 PM
I don't see Aikanu hurting someone who is not pirate. I know what's your point, but you've to understand that after all it's their job.
And Darth Vader was good inside, I think Aikanu reminds me more one of the villains of one wild west style movie. :O

You seem to forget those people on a boat that akainu killed in case some oharan scholar escaped:notrust

undertoe
March 17, 2010, 11:13 PM

You missed the point... Even though his actions are only an extension of the government he's involved in, they are still evil actions because the government itself is evil.

SimpsKwan
March 17, 2010, 11:25 PM

I don't think there is a clear line between 'good' and 'evil' pirates in One Piece world, at least not in the eyes of the common people. WB is definitely not an evil type pirate, yet people are afraid of him and we saw townspeople celebrating after hearing about his death. I don't think Roger is evil either, yet it seems he is admired only by other pirates & a minority group of people; the rest of the world citizens seem to hate him with passion.

What I'm saying is, when you call yourself pirate, it is inevitable that your name will be associated with all sorts of crimes and villainy pirates can commit (it looks like this also hold true in One Piece world). So I don't think the marines should wait until the crime/damage is done in order to determine whether they should arrest a pirate or not.

I think even Oda has a hard time justifying some of the 'good' pirates' actions. During the Impel Down breakout, he had one of the prisoners said that he'll never commit crimes again and will go back to his family. He also made the other prisoners a bunch of idiots who follow Buggy around. Still, it is undeniable that what Luffy has done, out of good intention (saving his brother), will do quite a lot of damages to the world (bunch of criminals released from prison).
[hr]

The WG and the empire are completely different. In Star Wars, most of the citizens hate the Empire & are abused by its actions. In One Piece, we can assume that most people are afraid of pirates and the marines offer them safety. In fact, the marines that are shown to be most threat to normal people are the ones that make deal with pirates themselves (i.e. marines during Arlong arc).

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 11:27 PM
WTF is this a morality/ philosophy debate???
There are indeed depictions of both good and evil in all strata of the O.P. world.
As far a stagnant force the WG hold onto untruths in order to maintain order, while pirates (some at least) break those untruths through discovery and deviation from the WG established order..

but wait...

I came here to say I think Akainu is gonna mop the floor with blood in the next chapter, oh yeah that and...Croc. you have redeemed yourself...

TonyTonyChopper
March 17, 2010, 11:28 PM
yeah, good pirates like Robin Hood, they do crimes and fight with the government in order to help people and do a good thing.. government consider them as criminal, but common people consider them as hero..

Buggy is soooo Epic in this chapter... hohoho...

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 11:28 PM

Both the empire and WG buy into this BS idea of absolute justice...
YES!!! silly despots..
:p

Shiro-kun
March 17, 2010, 11:30 PM
.....Are a lot of people here forgetting ..

Crocodile ruining Arabasta and Diving it down to Civil war , Framing Cobra for the drought and lastly sadistically toying with an old man who desperately trying to find water for his deserted town (yuba..)

So yeah he helps Luffy so what? IT doesnt redeem his actiivties one bit he just doing this to benefit himself (perhaps earning WB pirates trust which he ruined when he attacked Whitebeard a while back)

Akainu blowing up a escape vessel with a bunch of innocent civillions just because one scholar could escape? so him hurting innocent people for the sake justice is not beyond him

these two people are fricken monsters and no less

gr2
March 17, 2010, 11:36 PM
You seem to forget those people on a boat that akainu killed in case some oharan scholar escaped:notrust

Akainu also killed marines who are running away from this fight.

TonyTonyChopper
March 17, 2010, 11:38 PM
Hahaha... dont talk to Croco boy like that Shiro kun.. at least he saved Luffy

Shiro-kun
March 17, 2010, 11:39 PM
Akainu also killed marines who are running away from this fight.

That can be justified ....they were deserting

deserters in most real world countries is punishable (by death ..)

Hahaha... dont talk to Croco boy like that Shiro kun.. at least he saved Luffy

He did in the most badass way , i just dont want him redeeming on us -_- he was an awesome antagonist ....

Poneglyph420
March 17, 2010, 11:53 PM
.....Are a lot of people here forgetting ..

Crocodile ruining Arabasta and Diving it down to Civil war , Framing Cobra for the drought and lastly sadistically toying with an old man who desperately trying to find water for his deserted town (yuba..)

So yeah he helps Luffy so what? IT doesnt redeem his actiivties one bit he just doing this to benefit himself (perhaps earning WB pirates trust which he ruined when he attacked Whitebeard a while back)

Akainu blowing up a escape vessel with a bunch of innocent civillions just because one scholar could escape? so him hurting innocent people for the sake justice is not beyond him

these two people are fricken monsters and no less

I agree that Both Croc. and Akainu are sadistic Fu@ks and clever and cunning in their application and planning. I feel Croc. has redeemed himself as a pirate, and as a once "silver medalist" who couldn't cut it. In a war where he could have simply faded out he is pushing himself and perhaps what he stands for too. A redeemed shichibukai dog, turned good ole nasty pirate again....

While it is "justifiable" by military means, it's still pretty nasty.
IMO Kizaru wouldn't go out of his way either way, and Aokiji wouldn't kill his own..(he's too damn lazy) So Akainu seems to be more predicated to killing anything in the way of "his" justice, making him IMO hover on the edge of Dark justice somehow allowed for it's effectiveness.

chitgoks
March 17, 2010, 11:56 PM

akainu's just arrogant just cause he has a strong df. would have been nice to see him fight against WB without any df. we'll see who'll run with the marines next

Shiro-kun
March 18, 2010, 12:29 AM
While it is "justifiable" by military means, it's still pretty nasty.
IMO Kizaru wouldn't go out of his way either way, and Aokiji wouldn't kill his own..(he's too damn lazy) So Akainu seems to be more predicated to killing anything in the way of "his" justice, making him IMO hover on the edge of Dark justice somehow allowed for it's effectiveness.

Your right , he didnt just kill them he melted them into burning crisp
(most cruelist way to kill people in the slowest agonizing way ..)

Kizaru would kill anyone named with a pirate but i dont see him going far to kill innocents or deserters like you said and yeah Aokiji is too lazy to go that far and was very startled at Akainu actions in Ohara.

Ex-Shadow
March 18, 2010, 12:42 AM
Wogh, it's pretty good picture. With that much fights and the pictures aren't blur at all. Odacchi really is a genius. So it seems that somebody really come and helped WB Pirates, huh? Anyone know who is it, I can't remember it very well. Still, it's a very good chapter and I think this arc will end next week or so.

And yeah, it's Law, Trafalgar Law. Do you guys now why he come? Any reason whatsoever. Still, I don't really think that other SN will bother to come.

chitgoks
March 18, 2010, 01:02 AM
Your right , he didnt just kill them he melted them into burning crisp
(most cruelist way to kill people in the slowest agonizing way ..)

Kizaru would kill anyone named with a pirate but i dont see him going far to kill innocents or deserters like you said and yeah Aokiji is too lazy to go that far and was very startled at Akainu actions in Ohara.

sengoku and akainu are the same. if sengoku isn't, he should have told akainu not to kill their own nakamas

Poneglyph420
March 18, 2010, 01:10 AM
sengoku and akainu are the same. if sengoku isn't, he should have told akainu not to kill their own nakamas

I don't think Sengoku is unaware of how Akainu performs his duty, but I severely doubt Sengoku sanctions, or fosters similar dark justice tendencies .... Actually how he took the destruction of MHQ proved otherwise.

BlindMunkey
March 18, 2010, 02:22 AM
major deaths
pirates side: Ace, Whitebeard, and [maybe] Oar Jr. and seems like Jimbie next on the list.
Marine side: ?
dare i say.. Akainu, one and lone major casualty of marine?

ocajavati
March 18, 2010, 02:26 AM
I'm not too sure why Luffy and some could even be called "pirates".

More like adventurers, really. They don't actually even rob or conduct any criminal activities.

But that's beside the point. Now I'm starting to be increasingly convinced that Jinbei might be on course to join the Strawhats. Where exactly is Hancock in all this mess? Better yet, where is Garp? Shouldn't he be eager to get a piece of Blackbeard for being the catalyst to Ace's murder, or at least be somewhat concerned for the welfare of his grandson?

Akainu taking down Ivankav in seconds? Probably one of the biggest plot fallacy/disappointment I've gotten from One Piece so far.

tenyearwarranty
March 18, 2010, 02:33 AM
Just wanted to throw this up here. I'm glad Oda sensei does an amazing job at keeping his world consistent and rich with details that foreshadow or give more background information at the later events years down the line.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/tenyearwarranty/Law_jollyrodger.jpg

Vetinari clone
March 18, 2010, 02:33 AM
^that was already put up earlier in the thread, but thanks anyway :D

I don't think Sengoku is unaware of how Akainu performs his duty, but I severely doubt Sengoku sanctions, or fosters similar dark justice tendencies .... Actually how he took the destruction of MHQ proved otherwise.

I disagree, Sengoku believes in justice and has good intentions but he will not forgo his duty. He is a little like Garp. Garp was willing to stand by and watch his foster son be killed because of his duty and honor. Sengoku might not like what Akainu does but I think he would accept it as a necessary evil.

sindergi
March 18, 2010, 02:49 AM
I'm not too sure why Luffy and some could even be called "pirates".

More like adventurers, really. They don't actually even rob or conduct any criminal activities.

But that's beside the point. Now I'm starting to be increasingly convinced that Jinbei might be on course to join the Strawhats. Where exactly is Hancock in all this mess? Better yet, where is Garp? Shouldn't he be eager to get a piece of Blackbeard for being the catalyst to Ace's murder, or at least be somewhat concerned for the welfare of his grandson?

Akainu taking down Ivankav in seconds? Probably one of the biggest plot fallacy/disappointment I've gotten from One Piece so far.

Because a pirate is someone who doesnt obey the law and only does what he wants.
And Luffy doesnt care about the law too and only does what he wants - and Luffy broke laws in the past (and breaking the law is a criminal activity). So yes, he is a Pirat.

NoLimit89
March 18, 2010, 03:01 AM
Yea, where's Garp in all of this? I don't think that he would have a Clear conscience if Akainu gets Luffy and Garp did nothing to help Luffy.

WickedNeko
March 18, 2010, 03:03 AM
First, on Akainu, as to destruction of civilian ship to prevent a scholar from escaping...

...that may or may not be justifiable depending on what the "knowledge of missing 100 years" is. Obviously the WG fears it, and I guess future arcs of OP will show whether the action is justified or not. There are two reasons, off the top of my head, why such knowledge had to be destroyed at any cost.

First, if the knowledge was mere academic work / history, then it was dangerous enough to threaten the unity / power of the world government. Which doesn't sound bad, until you realize that such could result in massive uprisings and wars resulting in millions of death, not to mention even freer reign for pirates to terrorize innocent people without a strong united military to hunt them down.

Second... what if the knowledge provided clues to "super weapon", our equivalent of nuclear bomb? Croc has said as much, that ancient history holds clue to location of super weapon.

Now, as to Luffy not being an "evil pirate"...

...hello? The entire Imperial Down arc was about Luffy going from "carefree adventurer" to "pirate".

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/14-15/

Also, let's remember that when he freed the prisoners of ID, he freed hundreds of the worst pirates to sail the seas. Those pirates aren't going to lead an "honest" life after being released. Luffy is directly responsible for the future victims of those pirates.

In addition, Ace was a pirate under WB, the most fearsome pirate of the current age. As flashbacks have indicated, WB (while he claimed to have only wanted a family) had no qualms attacking merchant ships.

..anyways... on the topic of 578/579

I hope Ivankav and Croc both survive the arc. I'm really curious what "secret" that Ivankav has over Croc. Also for Kizaru to make a re-appearance. He has to be doing something... he's been missing off screen for a little too long...

dmnt3d
March 18, 2010, 03:06 AM
Hi Guys,
Don't know if this is is already posted -- but someone made a Theory that BB is actually 3 Persons (like Sensui, which is 7, in Yu-Yu Hakushu). so this means.. he can have 3 Devil Fruits: 1 Logia, 1 Paramecia, 1 Zoan type O_O. Let's wait for the Zoan Type or maybe..he already has one that's why they covered WB with the Cloth.

Here's the theory:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6775/bb3s.jpg

TonyTonyChopper
March 18, 2010, 03:18 AM
yeah, I also heard about that, that is why BB's flag has 3 skulls and 3 bones... I always want to believe this theory, zehahaha... but how come Zorro and Luffy know about him for the first time they met?

deffkryz
March 18, 2010, 03:28 AM
Hi Guys,
Don't know if this is is already posted -- but someone made a Theory that BB is actually 3 Persons (like Sensui, which is 7, in Yu-Yu Hakushu). so this means.. he can have 3 Devil Fruits: 1 Logia, 1 Paramecia, 1 Zoan type O_O. Let's wait for the Zoan Type or maybe..he already has one that's why they covered WB with the Cloth.

That might concur to the fact that there are three different characters based off the real Blackbeard: Edward (Newgate), Thatch and Teach.

Isto
March 18, 2010, 03:44 AM
Wogh, it's pretty good picture. With that much fights and the pictures aren't blur at all. Odacchi really is a genius. So it seems that somebody really come and helped WB Pirates, huh? Anyone know who is it, I can't remember it very well. Still, it's a very good chapter and I think this arc will end next week or so.

And yeah, it's Law, Trafalgar Law. Do you guys now why he come? Any reason whatsoever. Still, I don't really think that other SN will bother to come.

Muhaha, third time. I predict the reason is Jean Bart.

Anywhere i can read the chapter online ?

sindergi
March 18, 2010, 03:59 AM
Muhaha, third time. I predict the reason is Jean Bart.

Anywhere i can read the chapter online ?

The current chapter ?
Here : http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/1

deffkryz
March 18, 2010, 04:06 AM
First, on Akainu, as to destruction of civilian ship to prevent a scholar from escaping...

They had time to evacuate Marine personnel from Enies Lobby - but in Ohara they blew up innocent people out of a fear. That is terrorism.

First, if the knowledge was mere academic work / history, then it was dangerous enough to threaten the unity / power of the world government. Which doesn't sound bad, until you realize that such could result in massive uprisings and wars resulting in millions of death, not to mention even freer reign for pirates to terrorize innocent people without a strong united military to hunt them down.

It's not justifiable to kill thousands to probably save millions. Even less if you try to get (or already possess) the plans for superweapons.

The need for safety of the many does not overweight the freedom of the less ones. (That is something RL politicians also need to learn.)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, late 18th century

Second... what if the knowledge provided clues to "super weapon", our equivalent of nuclear bomb? Croc has said as much, that ancient history holds clue to location of super weapon.

Sure, but how is it justifiable that the WG build superweapons for themselves (Pacifista mass production, warships that make up the Buster Call) or tried to get those plans for themselves (Pluton)?

Now, as to Luffy not being an "evil pirate"...

...hello? The entire Imperial Down arc was about Luffy going from "carefree adventurer" to "pirate".

Nope - if there's some turn from being a carefree adventurer to a pirate, it's already been shown back in Loguetown or at least in Enies Lobby where he openly declared war on the WG.

Also, let's remember that when he freed the prisoners of ID, he freed hundreds of the worst pirates to sail the seas. Those pirates aren't going to lead an "honest" life after being released. Luffy is directly responsible for the future victims of those pirates.

We don't know why most of those imprisoned "criminals" were in ID. Sure there were Crocodile and his Top3 BW agents shown, but what do we know? As we know from Luffy's and Zoro's first adventures it's already enough to call himself a pirate or to defend little girls to be treated as outlaw and criminal - without actually having committed any crime at all. It's even more: Luffy freed Kokoyashi, prevented Krieg's re-invasion in the East Blue - he did something for the peace that the Marines weren't able to do. And the Marines made him have a bounty out of the fear he may become a dangerous pirate. They attacked him serveral times, so he may not defend?

Instead they are supporting slavery as shown in Tequila Wolf and the Human Auction. Governments that are supporting such criminal acts don't have any justification to blow up refugee ships, force people to betray their friends (and trick them).

In addition, Ace was a pirate under WB, the most fearsome pirate of the current age. As flashbacks have indicated, WB (while he claimed to have only wanted a family) had no qualms attacking merchant ships.

He remembered on the good old times of his youth when he was a daydreamer. And yes. He was part of a pirate group that attacked a merchant ship, but he was actually never shown to be a criminal.

..anyways... on the topic of 578/579

I hope Ivankav and Croc both survive the arc. I'm really curious what "secret" that Ivankav has over Croc. Also for Kizaru to make a re-appearance. He has to be doing something... he's been missing off screen for a little too long...

There are many characters that haven't been shown recently. If Oda would show all of them at once, Whitebeard probably would still live...

Isto
March 18, 2010, 04:30 AM
Sindergi, that pic "beating for peace" kinda resembles akainu somehow.

hdiuy
March 18, 2010, 04:55 AM
My first impression on the chapter was that Sengoku was cool. But still i wonder what are Kizaru, the Shichibukais and Aokiji (really) doing.They don't seem to be doing any thing great at the moment; i'm surprised that the pirates even made it to the 'other-side' of the island .

Everything looks bad for the marines, i'm kind of hoping that the pacifistas, the admirals and others would actually whoop some pirates ass. Still i'm curious about why Croc would help out Luffy >< The marines really need to be doing some really serious stuff,now. The part with the WB commanders and Croc VS Akainu looks cool, but then again nothing may happen.

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 04:57 AM
They had time to evacuate Marine personnel from Enies Lobby - but in Ohara they blew up innocent people out of a fear. That is terrorism.

It's not justifiable to kill thousands to probably save millions. Even less if you try to get (or already possess) the plans for superweapons.

The need for safety of the many does not overweight the freedom of the less ones. (That is something RL politicians also need to learn.)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, late 18th centuryOne Piece world is not a democracy. Even Arabasta with the good leeader Vivi is a monarchy. You can't argue as if it was XXI century.

We don't know why most of those imprisoned "criminals" were in ID. Sure there were Crocodile and his Top3 BW agents shown, but what do we know? As we know from Luffy's and Zoro's first adventures it's already enough to call himself a pirate or to defend little girls to be treated as outlaw and criminal - without actually having committed any crime at all. It's even more: Luffy freed Kokoyashi, prevented Krieg's re-invasion in the East Blue - he did something for the peace that the Marines weren't able to do. And the Marines made him have a bounty out of the fear he may become a dangerous pirate. They attacked him serveral times, so he may not defend?Luffy search for "freedom" means that he can do anything he want, including breaking the law. That doesn't mean he do it or that he hurt innocent people.

But his pirate flag and freedom works as inspiration for potential atrocious pirates.

For what we know, Gold Roger also doesn't hurt innocent people for nothing, but he is a inspiration for Eustass Kidd and Trafalgar Law, don't him?

Vetinari clone
March 18, 2010, 05:16 AM
I think we have one more chapter, possibly two, until a timeskip. We have to see both Luffy and BB escape then we can finally move on from this arc. I have loved it and all but it's focus was really removed from the Strawhats, including Luffy, and I want them back.

stoz500
March 18, 2010, 06:21 AM

He killed a whole shipload of people from Ohara whose only crime was that they possessed knowledge that the WG wanted to suppress. Does that make him a good Marine? Sure if blindly following orders or a philosophy that doesn't discriminate between real criminals and or free thinkers. Aikanu's justice is 'I'll enforce the law even if I have to kill everyone to do it'. I tend to think that Jaguar Saul and Garp (even Aokiji I think) are good Marines there sense of justice is balanced with some humanity. They don't kill innocent children or people to achieve their ends.

bittman
March 18, 2010, 07:12 AM
Aka - Inu
Red Dog

Red is not only the colour associated with magma, but a colour associated with anger, rage, blood and generally evil doings. Any bad guy worth his salt uses red or black somewhere.

A dog is known for both astounding acts of savegery, in the case of pitbulls + fighting dogs, but also astounding acts of loyalty. A dog is "man's best friend" because they are one of the most loyal pets known to man.

So Akainu, is, his namesake. He is an angry and aggresive loyalist.

Kizaru = Yellow monkey = cheerful, playful and nimble
Aokoji = Blue Pheasant = calm, collected and wise

The admirals are, in every single thing from their power to their personality, their namesakes.

Bertosch
March 18, 2010, 07:48 AM
He killed a whole shipload of people from Ohara whose only crime was that they possessed knowledge that the WG wanted to suppress. Does that make him a good Marine? Sure if blindly following orders or a philosophy that doesn't discriminate between real criminals and or free thinkers. Aikanu's justice is 'I'll enforce the law even if I have to kill everyone to do it'. I tend to think that Jaguar Saul and Garp (even Aokiji I think) are good Marines there sense of justice is balanced with some humanity. They don't kill innocent children or people to achieve their ends.

Yeah ur absolutely right. I think Smoker is the same type of marine as Garp and Aokiji. All of them stand for justice but not for all costs. Big difference between them and CP9 or Akainu and Senghok.(remember the task of kuma on thriller bark: no witnesses!)

kangclaw
March 18, 2010, 07:49 AM
Aka - Inu
Red Dog

Red is not only the colour associated with magma, but a colour associated with anger, rage, blood and generally evil doings. Any bad guy worth his salt uses red or black somewhere.

A dog is known for both astounding acts of savegery, in the case of pitbulls + fighting dogs, but also astounding acts of loyalty. A dog is "man's best friend" because they are one of the most loyal pets known to man.

The admirals are, in every single thing from their power to their personality, their namesakes.

You make a very good point. :D

Gimbo TJ
March 18, 2010, 07:51 AM
why isnt Akainu sinking through the ice??
how can he possibly fight on ice??

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 18, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hi Guys,

Here's the theory:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6775/bb3s.jpg

It is good to see I am not alone in the theory of chimerism.

Anyone can guess the outcome of Akainu vs. the captains?

Yans86
March 18, 2010, 08:00 AM
Good point guys,andlet's add that dog doesn't stand only for loyalty.It stand also for someone that seen his pray won't stop to try to follow it and bite it...:-D

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 08:02 AM
why isnt Akainu sinking through the ice??
how can he possible fight on ice??I didn't even noticed it!

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/15

Now that you said, it's possible for Akainu beat all Whitebeard pirates (with exception of Marco and Crocodile wo can fly)...

Yans86
March 18, 2010, 08:04 AM
@dmnt3d
I like the theory of chimerism and the possibility ofr him to gain 3 devil powers,one for each kind,but this doesn't apply for the page u showed...
IMO is more related to his flag :-P...well,that same flag can be also a reference to a relationship with Oars junior that had 3 skulls on his belly....
Let's see what will happen :-D
If I was him I would have taken Marco's fruit for the zoan type...

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 08:25 AM
If I was him I would have taken Marco's fruit for the zoan type...Oh great, he can nullify DF powers, create ofensive/defensive earthquakes, and now will also regenerate?

PaPiPuPePo~
March 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
What's up with Akainu punching characters straight through the chest? Then again, it seems Akainu has done more than any other marine in One Piece; I can see it now----
"The Marine of the Year award goes to, *drumroll* Akainu! For mercilessly punching awesome characters through the chest with magma!"

When i read this Post i laughed so hard because its true Whats up with Akainu XD always the Chest
Maybe he has a Chest-Allergy :p why he dont try to aim the head iam just saying :kukuku

But in this war ONLY one person did it well, perfect and so on He should be the HERO

1. He open the Justice Door with his Mind xD
2. He threaten to send Kizaru crying home
3. He make a Rival to a Friend
4. He is a noble person. It looks like that he is running away but he save his Enemy from ID

The Hero is Buggy the Clown :occa
My respect XD

Gcat88
March 18, 2010, 08:50 AM
that is a very interesting theory.
My favorite thing about this chapter was the fact that Law appeared. Even though the other SN cant do much right now they might appear soon, maybe to help get away from MHQ.
Jimbei just wont give up. He has been runing from Akainu for almost 5 chapters, which is like what, 5 minutes.
I think that neither the WB captains will DEFEAT Akainu but at the same time he wont cause that much damage to them!!
Maybe now Luffy really wont lose years off of his life.

LongLiveOnePiece
March 18, 2010, 09:03 AM
The only way how could work is, if Law combines his df ability with Marco's. Like this somehow... Law uses his room, within are Ace and Marco. He then cuts Ace's and Marco's torso and switch them together, now Marco's abilty comes into play. He uses Ace's torso like his own and goes phoenix mode in order to regenerate Ace organs after he's finished. Law switch them back. And we have the revival of Gol D. Ace.:tem:D

It may work, but we dont want it ,do we.??
Dead is dead.no reviving stuff

Uriel
March 18, 2010, 09:05 AM
IRL there are Heroes of the nation that does exactly the same :/ Or you really think there evil and good separated with a red line? Really?

Justice is relative and it always depends on who wins. As Doflamingo said before.

Nope, I don't. But that doesn't change anything. He's a militar freak who thinks He's doing right. Nasty? Despicable? Bastard? Bitch? True.
Still doesn't change my point.

...I bet Bon Kurei did also bad things too. :O

LongLiveOnePiece
March 18, 2010, 09:17 AM
I believe they are. I want them to be :D

Or he can do what I said and Ace comes back to life.

I'll stick with Ace not being dead for the time being.

I believe Law will be more a friend than an enemy to Luffy,because i cant imagine these 2 fighting.their DF's donts suit for a good battle.:P..Imagine Luffy being chopped.so lame

on the contrary,Kidd will fight luffy.he is evil and bloodthirsty while Law is cool.
[hr]

Ofc he wont.he has the hat longer than kwoning Ace..

its his treasure after all.
[hr]

Wonder if he can win?

Wonder if THEY can win?

Moogle Mango
March 18, 2010, 09:32 AM
One of Buggy's pirates will pick up the hat to give it back to him. Fear not!!

LongLiveOnePiece
March 18, 2010, 09:33 AM
Oh great, he can nullify DF powers, create ofensive/defensive earthquakes, and now will also regenerate?

In that way his uberness will reach or may surpass Aizen's..GOda help us then

Wasabinmynoz
March 18, 2010, 09:36 AM
Where exactly is Hancock in all this mess? Better yet, where is Garp? Shouldn't he be eager to get a piece of Blackbeard for being the catalyst to Ace's murder, or at least be somewhat concerned for the welfare of his grandson?

I agree with Ocajavati's questions which we should be asking right now. The situation is rather unrealistic, as if everyone is on a stand-still watching the show. Right now, Hancock and Garp are the two people in the scene who love Luffy the most. Yet we haven't seen any form of action from them be it any form even a shout at Akainu (by Hancock) and BB (by Garp). Further still, all the WB pirates are being able to regroup for escape while Kizaru and Aokiji watch on? I know only so many characters can fit in one panel, but like someone said Jinbei's been running for a looong time with Luffy, getting a panel on Hancock/Garp etc isnt an unrealistic expectation.

And whatever happened to the Pacifista Army? Human marines and pirates can be expected to pause fighting to watch the shocking events unfold (Naaniiiii or Masakaaaa :p) but Pacifistas should have continued to batter the pirates, and really, jumping over the crack WB made to the pirate side of the island is easy-peasy for a Pacifista.

And we havent even considered where the rest of the VAs are. In realistic terms, the WB pirates should have no chance of getting out of there, but I get the feeling too many marine characters have taken to the couch and popcorn and been watching the show like the rest of us. :blink

Yes, it was a 'Just Like That?!' moment for me. For Dragon's right hand man, dare I say the second (or close) most powerful member of the Revolutionaries, to be bulldozed by Akainu in seconds was a big blow.

United_Ummah
March 18, 2010, 09:52 AM
About Luffys hat.. I reckon Boa Hancock will pick it up and look after till luffy gets it bak...
The coolest thing about this chapter was the panel where it was WB Pirates against Red dog.. Crocodile was standing with them as well.. hmm.
Some one needs to **** Akainu up preferably Garp

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 09:54 AM
And whatever happened to the Pacifista Army? Human marines and pirates can be expected to pause fighting to watch the shocking events unfold (Naaniiiii or Masakaaaa :p) but Pacifistas should have continued to batter the pirates, and really, jumping over the crack WB made to the pirate side of the island is easy-peasy for a Pacifista.We have not seen the Pacifista for a while, don't we? May Hancock have destroyed more Pacifista than we imagined?

Yans86
March 18, 2010, 09:56 AM
Ivankov might be one of the stronger inm the revolutionary army and one of the officers,but surely there's nothing to complain if he fell to Akainu.This guy tanked Wb's attack,beats shichibukai lvl opponents like flies and is facing all WB captains commander with no fear.
On the other side Ivankov until know didn't have any problem with all the opponent he faced since ID(well Magellan was another matter that still didn't defeat him completely).Damn he fought against Kuma without problems,he parried also Kizaru's attack....we shouldn't ask more from him!"

gesgift
March 18, 2010, 10:32 AM
Being a fishman against Aokiji sucks big time, but almost being fried must be even worse. I expect that in the next chapter, someone ill be able to stop Akainu...

Yans86
March 18, 2010, 10:40 AM
We should all reckon that BB is trully badass anyway........
BB:Now,how should I begin?How about sinking this Marine ford????
My heart just couldn't be more happy....I hope he will keep with his ultimate show to shock the world!!!!

On another note: If BB accomplish his mission,how about Marineford being rebuilt really far in the new world???

hy4k
March 18, 2010, 10:58 AM
Ivankov is a commander in the revolutionary army

he's owned Kuma (one of the strongest shichibukai), took on magellan and survived without a scratch as well as being the primary reason that luffy is still alive

i think he could give akainu a good fight. i dont expect him to beat akainu as i think even dragon would have a bit of trouble. but i expect him to at least try

kangclaw
March 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have to admit BB has been a baddass so far. I can't wait to see how their fight is going to turn out.

The strongest in the Marines at the moment are Sengoku and Garp, not the 3 Admirals.

Akainu and the other Admirals are fighting at their strongest at their home turf, with all of their backup, if they did badly it would be disappointing; not including the fact that Marine HQ is gone.
Jimbei has been in Impel Down, which was not a holiday for him and getting beaten by the awakened fruit guards clubs. Afterwards fighting through Impel Down and escaping and then getting involved in the war at Marine HQ. Jimbei is going through a lot; as well as not fighting in water, where he is strongest. Then at the same time he is not trying to kill Akainu, but to escape with Luffy to preserve Luffy's life.
In the scanlations of the latest chapter, Jimbei says it would be different if he was in water; but guess what, another Admiral got involved and froze the water, so in a sense Jimbei is not fighting just Akainu, but also other marines who are getting involved. But then this is a war, war is not meant to be fare.

Personally I think if it was a fare fight there is a possibility that the outcome would be different. I mean Jimbei fought 'toe-to-toe' with Ace, and Ace was strong as an Admiral. The only reason Ace was killed is because, Ace was already weak and injured in a previous fight with BB and his incarceration at Impel Down for how many days or weeks, was not a Holiday. So when Ace arrived at Marine HQ, he was already weak, and injured; for Ace to fight an Admiral, who is also strong, and win
while he is too weak is not realistic.

Jimbei is not weak even against an Admiral, it is just that he is currently at a very big disadvantage. I think later in the future Oda will show more of Jimbei abilities, right now there are too many characters to focus on.
Mihawk, for example, didn't get much 'screen time', because this particular arc does not involve him much. Mihawk's and and many other character's story are for later.

To be honest Marines are not doing that well, even with all of their forces.

This is a great chapter. We just need to wait for the next couple of chapters to see the outcome of this war.

What will happen to BB and his crew, and Sengoku and Garp?

Will Law be able to make an escape with Luffy, before the Admirals get involved?

Moogle Mango
March 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
I hope this isn't the last we see of the WB pirates, especially of Marco!

SenninSage
March 18, 2010, 11:29 AM
I'd love to see Garp get involved and fight alongside Sengoku, I really want to see just how powerful the man is.

He's probably the most powerful marine there, perhaps even stronger than Sengoku himself.

Uriel
March 18, 2010, 11:37 AM
To be honest Marines are not doing that well, even with all of their forces.
I was thinking the same...After all, those are not all the pirates out there.

zerocooldx
March 18, 2010, 12:00 PM
I was thinking the same...After all, those are not all the pirates out there.

But the Marines actually are doing rather well if you think about it carefully. Other then Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru have barely even broken a sweat. Garp has just been standing by idly doing nothing, and Sengoku who just got involved almost KO BB's entire crew in one shot. Not to mention that none of the Shichibukai, along with Sentomaru, have gotten even remotely serious this entire time. So if all of them went all out and got serious, like Akainu, then this entire war wound have ended in a flash.

jdavidks
March 18, 2010, 12:03 PM
I think the marines are doing very well, they just lost some allies (3 Shichibukai) and the destruction of Marine Ford.

masubiladin
March 18, 2010, 12:08 PM
I hope this isn't the last we see of the WB pirates, especially of Marco
Yeah i hope we will see Macro the phoenix, too! And about Joz, he lost his arm becuz of Aokiji, darn! I miss that guy!

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 18, 2010, 12:40 PM
Croc being a former son would also explain how he reluctantly helped Luffy. I mean he still has a grudge but honors his father by saving Luffy but still blames his action as a cause to offense the marines.

thats far fetched . he just wants to protect luffy he became a good guy might as well join his crew .
i think croc is former member of the RA that would explain his tendancy to oppose the marines and also the connection he has to iva .

masubiladin
March 18, 2010, 12:46 PM
Croc was a rookie when he meet Iva--chan. And he was a woman, Iva change his gender

beastboy
March 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
Well now I'm seeing it...
Croco was the 2nd division commander, and he got tired of seeing is ex-comrades fail and decided to yell "If you want to save some one, then do it right" (or something like that)!
Thats something a old captain would say!

masubiladin
March 18, 2010, 12:53 PM
If he was in WB pirates then he must have know BB.But he didnot. And by the way BB has been in WB pirates for more than 20 years.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
Croc was a rookie when he meet Iva--chan. And he was a woman, Iva change his gender

iva--chan did that . whoever came up with this idea im telling you its rediculous and stupid .
i think it was something dark maybe he sold his soul to the devil or he was ugly just like sanji 's ugly version i dont remember his name .

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 01:18 PM
This war is a chaotic place filled with a lot of people with small, medium or big roles. Oda can't show us everything, the anime can't either but they can come closer. I just hope to see more of MihawkvsVista, WBvsAokiji, Luffy vs the 3Admirals ...

BTW
http://apforums.net/customavatars/avatar19746_13.gif
PRICELESS

Poneglyph420
March 18, 2010, 01:42 PM
Aka - Inu
Red Dog

Interesting side note...
The admirals also perfectly mimic the animals that follow momotaro..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momotar%C5%8D

yeah i doubt that's by mistake...
[hr]

^that was already put up earlier in the thread, but thanks anyway :D

I disagree, Sengoku believes in justice and has good intentions but he will not forgo his duty. He is a little like Garp. Garp was willing to stand by and watch his foster son be killed because of his duty and honor. Sengoku might not like what Akainu does but I think he would accept it as a necessary evil.

Except for your miscalculations of Garp it actually sound like we agree if you read my post.. Sengoku must be aware of Akainu and his nasty ways.. but I doubt that Sengoku orders the Marines towards victory at all costs... but he allows it in the name of the greater good....

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 01:57 PM

Why wouldn't Sengoku like what Akainu did? :blink he's the one behind the execution thing, well maybe not so perhaps it's the Gorousei instead, but he still the Boss ... he's the supreme commander of all the Marine forces. :notrust

White Silver King
March 18, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'd love to see Garp get involved and fight alongside Sengoku, I really want to see just how powerful the man is.

I don't think that will happen, especially because he's shown that his family is more important to him than his title. Don't forget he still wants to kill Akainu so Sengoku was probably holding him down that whole time before his attack on BB.

Vanm
March 18, 2010, 02:31 PM
Awesome chapter.

Jimbei for mugiwara o>
[hr]
Just hope Oda develops struggles between Sengoku and Kurohige Kaizokudan, and Akainu vs Whitebeard Pirates&Crocodile, which he's not doing in this arc

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 02:34 PM
I don't think that will happen, especially because he's shown that his family is more important to him than his title. Don't forget he still wants to kill Akainu so Sengoku was probably holding him down that whole time before his attack on BB.

But he might show his loyalty to Government by stopping BlackBeard ... No wait, he won't only be able to show his loyalty to Government but he can also avenge Ace, because we all know that Blackbeard is the responsible for Ace's death in the first place (well, it's Akainu but we can't ignore what he did), and let Akainu for Luffy or WB's pirates. :)

hossice
March 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
quick question; was aokiji's "apology" real or sarcastic? cuz i know he has respect for garp and what not so idk

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 03:46 PM
I think he meant it :(

Lord Rayleigh
March 18, 2010, 03:55 PM
I Don't think the Yami fruit is that slow. Also he can direct it against the Marine HQ and wouldn't affect his men. Then all the guys standing near the HQ would move out of the way or at-least try to.
Do you remember that when Blackbeard tried to use this power against Whitebeard, it did not work because it was not quick enough to absorb the Yonkou ? Whitebeard moved within the next second and was in front of him and tried to punch him with an airquake.
Besides we clearly saw in the fight between Ace and Blackbeard that the last one needed time to stretch the darkness and to absorb the town : Ace was not moving and waiting for the show to happen.

So, now imagine that with the whole Marineford to absorb (its size, its perimeter) and compare it to the Gura Gura Fruit whose effects are immediate. I think you can guess why he did not use the Yami Yami Fruit and why he wanted WB's DF.

dacookester
March 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
If he was in WB pirates then he must have know BB.But he didnot. And by the way BB has been in WB pirates for more than 20 years.

so does crocodile strike you as the type of person to know a low subordinates name

Vetinari clone
March 18, 2010, 04:06 PM
Except for your miscalculations of Garp it actually sound like we agree if you read my post.. Sengoku must be aware of Akainu and his nasty ways.. but I doubt that Sengoku orders the Marines towards victory at all costs... but he allows it in the name of the greater good....

Ah, you are quite right. I must have been overtired when I first read your post. Although I don't think I was wrong when it came to Garp, I wasn't saying they had similar personalities or were alike in any way other than their devotion to the marines.

White Silver King
March 18, 2010, 04:49 PM
Am I the only who thinks that the Admirals aren't fighting at full power? They're all acting pretty relaxed even when they fight, we know that Marine Ford is too important to be destroyed and I believe at full power the three of them together can pretty easily destroy an island so Sengoku could have told them to hold back.

Wasabinmynoz
March 18, 2010, 04:54 PM
But the Marines actually are doing rather well if you think about it carefully. Other then Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru have barely even broken a sweat. Garp has just been standing by idly doing nothing, and Sengoku who just got involved almost KO BB's entire crew in one shot. Not to mention that none of the Shichibukai, along with Sentomaru, have gotten even remotely serious this entire time. So if all of them went all out and got serious, like Akainu, then this entire war wound have ended in a flash.

Okay you bring up a very important question, what exactly are they all waiting for?

If they are just standing about doing nothing while the entire flipping arc is about to finish how are the marines doing well.:blink

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 05:19 PM
Okay you bring up a very important question, what exactly are they all waiting for?

If they are just standing about doing nothing while the entire flipping arc is about to finish how are the marines doing well.:blinkWell, the Shichibukai have never been serious, they are not interested at all. As Moria said, "I don't care who win".

And Garp cannot be all serious, it's his two childs that are going to be executed, he cannot go full power, not because he doesn't want, he is emotionally instable.

so does crocodile strike you as the type of person to know a low subordinates nameI am not sure how much "low" was Blackbeard, in one of Ace's flashback there is a conversation like this when he is suggested to be the 2nd commander:

Ace: You have been there for a long time Teach, you should try the position
Teach: Nah, I don't have such ambition.

I don't have the chapter there, so the lines are just from my memory, but it was something on that line.

WickedNeko
March 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
and Sengoku who just got involved almost KO BB's entire crew in one shot.

What did Sengoku do in that panel? I thought his DF ability was basically to turn into a giant Buddha, so I'm confused as to how he managed to do an attack that seemed to envelope and pulverize an entire area in front of his hand.

sarutobi_sensei
March 18, 2010, 05:43 PM
Well you do know that Buddha's are gods and stuff like that right? So doing a shockwave with the palm of his hand is basically nothing.

Poneglyph420
March 18, 2010, 05:44 PM
What did Sengoku do in that panel? I thought his DF ability was basically to turn into a giant Buddha, so I'm confused as to how he managed to do an attack that seemed to envelope and pulverize an entire area in front of his hand.

It's the famous "Buddhist Palm" It's everywhere.
But actually we all have no clue on exactly what's going on.

But it seems like it's a Buddah fruit, yeah.

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 05:52 PM
The goal of the marines and WG was first to kill Ace and then if everything goes well they'd add WhiteBeard to their "blacklist" ... So during the war they realized what kind of enemy Luffy could be in the future so they set themselves another goal - kill Luffy ... now that Ace and WhiteBeard are dead the only goal left which the WG didn't achieve yet is Luffy's death. Although they hadn't expected BlackBeard.
What I mean is Sengoku pulled a great one out of his hat (ignoring his failures of course ... like the one against Luffy on the execution platform).

Fox666
March 18, 2010, 05:54 PM
Well you do know that Buddha's are gods and stuff like that right? So doing a shockwave with the palm of his hand is basically nothing.Rokushiki done using a gigantic solid fist?

WickedNeko
March 18, 2010, 06:00 PM
Rokushiki done using a gigantic solid fist?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Rokushiki#Rokuougan

Ah, I guess you're right.

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 06:02 PM
Why you say Rokushiki? it was just a shock-wave fist ... I mean no direct contact (Like the one Kuma used back in TB)

Kage_JD
March 18, 2010, 06:11 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that Dragon and Shanks should have made an appaerance what kind of dad is dragon anyway defending luffy back then when this guy (forgot the name) tried to kill him which wasnt that serious n rightnow akainu one of the strongest admirals if not charactars in the manga is trying to kill him, dragons chilling.... but other than that great chap hop to see more of sengoku and blackbeard n i think its gonna be draw leaving blackbeard seriously injured

lol btw. i had this feeling that when they were fleeing from akainu and that ship showed up i rly wished it was shanks ... jus a random thought

Vetinari clone
March 18, 2010, 06:20 PM
Dragon can't risk himself, he is the focal point of the revolution, he is necessary for it's victory, in Loguetown he was only facing minor enemies that posed no real threat to him, here he would be facing some of his worst and strongest enemies.

as for shanks, he was probably to far away to get there once he learned luffy was at the battle, and he wouldn't have interfered on WB's behalf, that would have just been an insult to WB and would probably have started a fight between them, besides he already did what he could by warning WB.

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 06:31 PM
Dragon isn't that kind of guy, I guess he's more like Garp and Luffy (Logical no? like his father and his son).

Anyway, with Sengoku and BB fighting, Buggy-sama being simply awesome and showing once again why he's Oda's favorite character, Akainu seriously fisting people ... Even I still pretty much hate him I got to give him credit for taking his job so seriously (:darn) this chapter was great, and I remember some saying when the spoilers first came out the chapter doesn't look interesting.

elitefox
March 18, 2010, 07:02 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that Dragon and Shanks should have made an appaerance what kind of dad is dragon anyway defending luffy back then when this guy (forgot the name) tried to kill him which wasnt that serious n rightnow akainu one of the strongest admirals if not charactars in the manga is trying to kill him, dragons chilling.... but other than that great chap hop to see more of sengoku and blackbeard n i think its gonna be draw leaving blackbeard seriously injured

lol btw. i had this feeling that when they were fleeing from akainu and that ship showed up i rly wished it was shanks ... jus a random thought

How can he know that Luffy will be there in the first place...

even if he got the tv on, then how many hours or even days before he can reach marineford?

it sure is good to see the power of the Dragon since he is either feared because he is so powerful or he is just leading a massive group of armies:o

I do hope he is an imba character who is very powerful :D

dacookester
March 18, 2010, 07:22 PM
ben bekman is crocodiles dad http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Beckman.jpg
well they certainly do look alike:D

i have such a terrible feeling that most of the pirates are gonna die of screen and as luffy is been taken away the statistics of the battle will be shown by oda just like when whitebeard died

elitefox
March 18, 2010, 07:27 PM

i have such a terrible feeling that most of the pirates are gonna die of screen and as luffy is been taken away the statistics of the battle will be shown by oda just like when whitebeard died

maybe brothers lol

I think they are almost at same age :darn

dacookester
March 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
maybe brothers lol

I think they are almost at same age :darn

bekmans ancient now he has grey hair and looks really old ahh you never know

GoTx2
March 18, 2010, 07:50 PM

Wow, good call on the similarity there ;)

and i really hope Oda doesn't decide to end it that way

ceasar
March 18, 2010, 08:12 PM
He probably will luffy won't be seen anymore in this battle it's time for a time skip to after this battle and when luffy is awake again. Luffy will know doubt be known far and wide now and will undergo training to catch up to the admirals.

BetaRuler
March 18, 2010, 08:25 PM
bekman is a funny call! if u sent that to oda he prolly might decide to make it so! lol

theres so much i had to read this chapter twice to take everything in!
Like Inazuma KO'd by Akainu, and Crocodile in the line up of Whitebeard captains vs Akainu... Wait! Wheres pandaman? lol!

*probably gonna find pandaman being chased by kizaru! lol*

oh and Buggys amazing woooo!

Black Lagoon
March 18, 2010, 08:27 PM
Anyone think that Aokiji and Kizaru would help to fight the WB pirates with Akainu, or would they go join Sengoku against BlackBeard's pirates??
Well, Aokiji did screw Jimbei by freezing the sea ... although he was sorry :tem

Vetinari clone
March 18, 2010, 08:28 PM
He probably will luffy won't be seen anymore in this battle it's time for a time skip to after this battle and when luffy is awake again. Luffy will know doubt be known far and wide now and will undergo training to catch up to the admirals.

Luffy is still a ways off from Admiral level. Beating an admiral will probably be just before beating BB not until near the end of the grand line. Ahh I can't wait till we get back to Luffy's crew and small scale events. These kind of huge world events are to worldy, weighty, and seriousy. I want lighthearted fun again!