Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

darkfiend
March 23, 2010, 01:58 PM
I realy didnt expect this, wow!
Oda is realy a master of surprising us.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 02:00 PM
ok i knew that if shanks showed up luffy would be unconscious or something

Yeah, same here ... well, either that or in the future, because the hat must stay with Luffy for now.

Ryoz
March 23, 2010, 02:03 PM
Raaahh !!!!I did it
couldn't resist to read the spoilers ...

Shanks to the rescue !!! but Akainu again.
Can't he just take a rest or get punched again :p. He even have time to attack his own soldiers.

I don't think he'll return it to him in person, I mean they weren't supposed to meet too soon, So the next time they meet ... Luffy will officially give the hat back to it "true" owner.With all the time Luffy need to recover ,Shanks will be able to to give it back. It will be kind of weird to see Luffy start the new world without his strawhat.

Now I really want to see buggy's face:).

mr.danly
March 23, 2010, 02:05 PM
SHANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I peed a little.

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 02:06 PM
Best chapter in a while... how many allies does luffy freakin have. After this war Luffy will be capable of asking multiple shichibukai, Shanks and crew, Whitebeards crew, Revolutionary army, Law, Entire Countries (alabasta), for support.

And could Coby possibly be a suprise member of the Strawhats? I am starting to think Luffy will get multiple new crewmates after this war.

Well now that's something I hadn't thought. Coby could very well join the SH, I wouldn't mind. It would be great for him. But I think it won't happen.

I wanna see Garp punching Akainu.

I just realized something.

We all know how Luffy is on verge of mental meltdown. Unless he already experienced one. I think the Straw Hat dropping was a symbol of that. And so Shanks picking up the hat is a symbol of something too.

Just like Shanks initiated Luffys pirate career (kinda), so will Shanks be there for Luffy during his worst moment. I think it's Shanks that will give Luffy the will to continue living.

I mean Shanks has to return that hat to Luffy, right ;)
Agreed.

k-dom
March 23, 2010, 02:13 PM
Shanks, well I didn't want him to come so I won't turn my vest. Oda better has to have a good reason to make him come. Law last week was already enough. The hat lost was quite a quick worry...

On the other side, Coby speech is quite a good surprise. So I will take that and forget the other point.

damane08
March 23, 2010, 02:13 PM
I don't know how I feel about Shanks showing up because he's not gonna kill BB.
I doubt Oda will kill off BB so early and I really hope that Shanks doesn't get his ass kicked either.

Shanks could beat BB though making him retreat or it could happen the other way around.
Hell to go to the extreme; the marines could beat them both and then both of them would have to retreat.

godaijutsu-no-hito
March 23, 2010, 02:16 PM
Well, this is what everyone was expecting...some bigshot be it Rayleigh or Dragon or Shanks would show up and put an end to the war. The only unexpected thing was that Shanks came despite their fight with Kaidou.

I just hope that the rabbid Aka-inu is "put down" by Shanks for good.

DARK
Oda knew that we were expecting the rest of the Supernovas, but instead omitted all of them except for Law and brought in Shanks instead.
He also expected that Shanks would still be fighting Kaidou at this very moment instead of showing up in the battlefield.
Coby's speech in this chapter was full of pure win; I felt a bit sympathetic towards him after he got his ass kicked by Luffy. Coby follows a sense of Moral Justice above what has already been seen in the series. Apparently he is taking the side of the Marine soldiers instead of the higher-ups.
Still I am curious about what Shanks meant by "green marine." Was he referring to Coby? And if so, to what extent would he call him "green?"

llamapie
As if this manga couldn't get more epic. Holy fucking shit...

IcyAce
March 23, 2010, 02:19 PM
Sigh. Another week, another cameo.

Next week I suppose Dragon will turn up? Then Kaidou. And then Vegapunk (who is really Kizaru anyway). Then the Strawhat's. Then Duval. Then Roger. Then the war will end perhaps after that?

Anyway, pics are too blurry to make out that well. All I got out of all that was that Shanks blocked Akainu from fisting Coby.

My only hope for this chapter is that Smoker, Kizaru and Garp were all mentioned somewhere. But even then I'm not hoping for much.

Though I was one of a few that was disappointed with Law, I'll probably be standing alone this week in being disappointed with Shanks as everyone else fangasms all over the place leaving it in a mess. War should have practically ended with the quick succession of both Ace's and Whitebeard's death. The longer this arc drags on the less dramatic both of them are.

Akainu is also becoming less and less badass every chapter whilst Blackbeard is not entertaining at all lately.

Come on Oda. Timeskip already!
i am sorry man but do you think the marines would let the pirates go so easy just because the got WB and Ace
i love shanks appearance because he is there to end the war not to save someone like law

Gats
March 23, 2010, 02:21 PM
Actually Shanks is the only normal human to be at the top of the world right ? (I mean a non DF user)

Messiah
March 23, 2010, 02:27 PM
data book, red yellow blue or sth.. wiki...
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Haired_Pirates

thanx
oda said that this is luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old...I guess that a time skip is imminent
I think it's gonna take a long time till we see SHs' reunion. especially since kuma sent robin and chopper (right?) out of the grand line and after the time skip we're gonna see a whole different luffy. affected by ace's death his personality will totally change (or I hope it will)
oda has already changed his style of writing by killing off two major characters so i guess things are gonna change from now on
well that's just my theory let's see what happens next

IcyAce
March 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
Actually I have no idea what war you could be talking about, but ALL wars end with the deaths of their leaders. Sure, there's some treaties in there were the leaders don't die, but a very very large majority of wars are simply killing off the leader and then taking what is left.

Of course, this is not a war. It's the police versus a bunch of criminals, so I do get your point that the leaders do not dictate the success or loss of the battle.

This doesn't mean I want to watch 5-10 chapters of escaping. Enies Lobby had, sort-of, 2 chapters of escape. That was enough, it was a perfect amount to wrap things up after the climax.

Where is the climax of this arc? If you can point to more than 2 bits of the arc, it does not mean "This arc was just that epic". All it means is that this arc had no highlight. Without an obvious highlight, the story is just a continuous string of highlights, thus making all of them seem both superficial and lacking.

I am already over Ace, Whitebeard, Luffy fainting, Kuma being a machine, Garp taking the blow, Ace escaping, Oars Jnr, Luffy's Haki, Akainu's introduction and subsequent destruction and Sengoku's master plan. These are all "highlights", but because none of them stand out, we are unable to really attach ourselves to any of them. The immersion (feeling of being caught up entirely in a scene/chapter/story) has been lost.

For reference: I was not over Going Merry's death for at least 50 chapters after it happened. I could still read it and be sad. I could read Ace dying again and feel almost nothing.

if you think if a leader die that the war is suppose to be over then you have to read the alabasta crisis again, not even leader but the when pell explode everyone went berserk.
i get your point but just because the pirates don't want anymore to die doesn't mean the marines do

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
Shanks, well I didn't want him to come so I won't turn my vest. Oda better has to have a good reason to make him come. Law last week was already enough. The hat lost was quite a quick worry...

On the other side, Coby speech is quite a good surprise. So I will take that and forget the other point.

I think shanks will make/cause the marines listen to Coby's words (that they accomplished their goal in this war ... Ace's is dead not as planed but as scheduled + they got WhiteBeard's head) ... So with Shanks entrance they might will "re-think" or consider what Coby said and will surrender.

Although, if BlackBeard and Luffy make it out alive they'll be a huge threat to the Word Government, so they might stay and fight.

Superman
March 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
Well, this is what everyone was expecting...some bigshot be it Rayleigh or Dragon or Shanks would show up and put an end to the war. The only unexpected thing was that Shanks came despite their fight with Kaidou.

I just hope that the rabbid Aka-inu is "put down" by Shanks for good.

Do you really thing Shanks is so strong to just end this fight quickly??
WB fucked Akainu with 2 blows and he was sick.... and he could not end it....though i think he didnt wanted to because he knew how important the Marine is to the world.
I think BB, Sengok and Garp are all stronger than Shanks so no quick ending.
Big Shots don`t mean anything on this battle field.
I would not underestimate Akainu he is on Shanks level maybe a little higher because of his fruit. The three admirals arent easy to deal with and i hope Oda dont dare to make them look weak by loosing to the WB pirates and/or Red Haired Pirates. The pirates gotta run its the best for everyone. Marines cant be weak they have to be someones who are shocking us when an incident like the Tendryubito afair happens again or some kinda stuff.

deffkryz
March 23, 2010, 02:43 PM
Actually Shanks is the only normal human to be at the top of the world right ? (I mean a non DF user)

10 years ago he was... We don't know if he got a DF in the meantime. I was betting on Whitebeard not to have an ability besides his outrageous strength, but he ... well.

The rookie
March 23, 2010, 02:44 PM
Shanks!! nice , i predicted him 15- 10 cahaps. earlier but anyways he saved Corby's life . The wiered thing is, that he as a enemy saved him against Red dog , who should be on corbys' side :D . I now have the enormous feeling Corby is gonna really to be nominated for Sh's 9th crew member.
Corby recognizes that the marines have a other idea of justice, and he also recognizes the meaning of 'peace manis' pirates and begins to understand that being a marine is maby not the right way for him to go.
But on the other hand he had the Great goal, like Luffy had to be 'Pirate KIng',
he will become one days a Admiral of the marine.Since i think Oda will make him one because he loves big dreams come true, so he won't join sh's in the end :(

beastboy
March 23, 2010, 02:45 PM
I think shanks is in better shape than WB, he won't stop to spitt blood, and will try to evade, instead of taking 1000 attacks... I think he has better chances than WB...
But he isn't there to win, is there as a pacifista (somehow, it seems I can no longer use this word....), he is trying to stop everyone from attacking each other!

Lord Rayleigh
March 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
Oda has done it again ! He's done an amazing scared Buggy face in this chapter ! We'll have to wait for it ! It is when Kizaru tries to kill him with one laser shot but it goes through a piece of clothing, next to his head.

Oh, and Shanks surely knows how to make an entry in the war. The Yonkou seem to be all awesome.

kaizoku king
March 23, 2010, 02:54 PM
is that usopp father or shanks 1st mate with the gun by kizaru or on the same panel as kizaru cause i really hope its ussop father to me he is the most interesting person in shanks crew and i want to see his capabilities to see what ussop can maybe out do him at

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 02:55 PM
Now that Shanks is there we should also see his crew there next chapter ... awesome :shakefist
Although I think he'll just cover the pirates' escape and then get the hell out of there, this only means a timeskip or next chapter will be the last chapter in which we'll see the MHQ (in this state). I mean we won't see what will happen between the Marines and Shanks but we'll know the results.

moonster x
March 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
is that usopp father or shanks 1st mate with the gun by kizaru or on the same panel as kizaru cause i really hope its ussop father to me he is the most interesting person in shanks crew and i want to see his capabilities to see what ussop can maybe out do him at

that benn beckman.. the first mate of shanks.. he look cool rite?:D

Sachsenhesse
March 23, 2010, 02:59 PM
someone thought that luffy and his crew might join shanks yonkou crew? i mean the bounds between them are strong as hell, shanks and luffy + yasopp and usopp and after this luffy needs someone who he blindly trusts

and if i´m right luffy once asked shanks if he can join his crew ^^

BurnSchulz
March 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
Escuse me, im sorry for that.
But can someone please tell me where it was told that Shanks has to fight against Kaidou?

I dont remember it, but everyone here is sure about.

Warlord90
March 23, 2010, 03:13 PM
Shanks's arrival is truly awesome and unexpected. On the other hand, his reuniting with Luffy or his strawhat is very soon. I mean what about the suspense for later. Things are really messed up now. Shanks attacking Akainu could be only seen in dream till now. At least Akainu felt for the first time really scared. Also, if the Marines agree to stop the war, what will happen with Blackbeard ?

The rookie
someone thought that luffy and his crew might join shanks yonkou crew? i mean the bounds between them are strong as hell, shanks and luffy + yasopp and usopp and after this luffy needs someone who he blindly trusts

and if i´m right luffy once asked shanks if he can join his crew ^^

Heh ; im afraid that wont be the case ,
Who te hell wants to be in the same Crew as his FATHER???! :D
...that would be lame sorry for that :P

Akainu
hmpf, I'm not all that convinced about Shanks appearing in war is a good thing. It sure fits its purpose for Oda 'to end the war', but still, him being there has a little bad taste and I can understand people calling for Dragon, Rayleigh and even Enel atm. since it seems to subside to an all out brawl.

the fact that Oda let the marines act that stupidly is even more disturbing - all Aokiji can do is freeze the ocean? I understand him being lazy. but the other two admirals act foolish to no extent in not going for Blackbeard and his comrades imo <.<;

deffkryz
March 23, 2010, 03:14 PM
But can someone please tell me where it was told that Shanks has to fight against Kaidou?

There was no mention of a fight actually. Chapter 533.

Ilesyt
March 23, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm seeing alot of Shanks-understimation here. Sure Shanks lust an arm, sure he got a scar by BB but that was over 20 years ago (most likely).
His Haki was nowhere near what it is now, he's gotten incredibly strong (around 10 years since we saw his Haki at around where luffy's lvl is now, though we don't know if he did it consciously) and he's gotten used to having 1 arm now.
And since when he got the scar by BB, BB has been hiding his power trying not to stand out, and sure he was/is very strong, but he can't have developed as much as shanks did, he was waiting for that one DF, or should I say 2 DF's.
Shanks got incredibly strong by his own, while BB relied on those DF powers to get strong, sure he got strong, but he couldn't stand up to WB on his own, while Shanks could.
Sure maybe he got his powers now, but that doesn't mean he is at WB's lvl now since he got his power, WB wasn't just all DF Power, he was way more than that, and BB is nowhere near that lvl.
So Shanks is still stronger that BB.

And if you see how strong WB was, then you'll see that shanks definitely got the power to stop this war.

Warlord90
March 23, 2010, 03:15 PM

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2640-3/one-piece/chapter-533.html
Here dude.

Messiah
March 23, 2010, 03:22 PM

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/03/

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 03:31 PM
the fact that Oda let the marines act that stupidly is even more disturbing - all Aokiji can do is freeze the ocean? I understand him being lazy. but the other two admirals act foolish to no extent in not going for Blackbeard and his comrades imo <.<;

Not only the Marines but also the Pirates (who are even worse ... all the ex-strongest man in the world's crew couldn't get ride of an admiral, are they pathetic?).

Zehahaha
March 23, 2010, 03:34 PM
Not only the Marines but also the Pirates (who are even worse ... all the ex-strongest man in the world's crew couldn't get ride of an admiral, are they pathetic?).

Especially Marco, i was expecting a lot from him, after his awesome skirmish with Kizaru, Jozu too... Definitely disappointed by the WB pirates in this war, and the NW captains too, I was expecting them to do something great, after all the overhyping from Moria about the NW... I expected to see some strong badasses who at least should be strong to take on a Shichibukai... I'm afraid that the level in the NW would be different from what we were expecting...

Evec
March 23, 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm kinda curious as to what Mihawk will do now that Shanks is here. The two obviously have a friendly rival relationship and I think its been shown that Shanks can talk Mihawk into doing things.. like celebrating Luffy's first bounty. Maybe he will talk Mihawk into leaving the Shichibukai or something.

Reenie
March 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
~Shanks and Buggy to be reunited soon~
The ultimate combo to end the war!

Dragon Slayer
March 23, 2010, 03:44 PM
the fact that Shanks is here, means only one thing. THAT HE DEFEATED THEOTHER YONKOU and WITHOUT A SCRATCH ON HIM. we sure missed something. wtz going on?

hhv94
March 23, 2010, 03:44 PM
Don't know why some think its so bad that Shanks came in at this point. If you think about it, the WB pirates have been fighting for a while at least and they are fulfilling WB's last command which is to escape to the new world. In the end its a natural retreat from a terrible loss of both Ace and WB. I love the fact that Shanks has stepped up to make sure they all escape safely and in his own way as he says to 'end the war.' I think Oda is slowly finishing this up on his own as his done in the past. Like he did with Impel Down, except this one being a bit lengthier since its a war. The war itself is such a HUGE turning point for the OP world itself I can understand myself why Oda is taking his time in moving it at this pace.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
Especially Marco, i was expecting a lot from him, after his awesome skirmish with Kizaru, Jozu too... Definitely disappointed by the WB pirates in this war, and the NW captains too, I was expecting them to do something great, after all the overhyping from Moria about the NW... I expected to see some strong badasses who at least should be strong to take on a Shichibukai... I'm afraid that the level in the NW would be different from what we were expecting...

The only one "supposed" to be a big shot and got his ass kicked is Moria, and the responsible wasn't from WB's crew or a NW captain/pirate, it was Jimbei who did it. (I'm not talking about fodders or the ones "owned by WhiteBeard"). -_-;

dsr
March 23, 2010, 03:46 PM
I thought the same thing as Evec about Shanks/Mihawk.
I also wonder how much Oda will be excited to have brought back his favourite character.

About the WB pirates, I think their reaction is understandable since they've lost one of their leaders and their dad.
Their morale should be under their feet.

And for the marines...they're men, they've lost a lot of men that died like fodder, there's no wonder Aokiji, that is a smart guy (not only lazy), wants the pirates away as soon as possible since marine can strike them while the WB crew is still licking its wounds.

This is a war that both marine and WB crew lost, the only winner is BB, so only Akainu in his stubborness wants to continue since he's not afraid at all to sacrify countless amount of men.

DARK
March 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
the fact that Shanks is here, means only one thing. THAT HE DEFEATED THEOTHER YONKOU and WITHOUT A SCRATCH ON HIM. we sure missed something. wtz going on?

I'm sure we'll get some clarification on Shanks' little scuffle with Kaidou soon enough.
Just because Shanks is alive does not mean that Kaidou isn't any less intimidating or a big threat. Shanks could have defeated him, yes, but if he has no scratches on him, it's also equally safe to say that he retreated. It is also possible that they clashed but Shanks (or Kaidou) decided to give up their fight upon realizing that WB is dead.
After all, Shanks' fight with Kaidou only started because the latter wanted to kill WB.

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 03:52 PM

no, it might also mean- they have come to an agreement without any bloodshed...since it's shanks we're talking about - it's possible, since he's smart. I bet his dimplopatic skills are rather good ~
there are plenty of possibilities out there, as for why he doesn't seem to have been in a fight...

ScratchmenApoo
March 23, 2010, 03:52 PM
I'm sure we'll get some clarification on Shanks' little scuffle with Kaidou soon enough.
Just because Shanks is alive does not mean that Kaidou isn't any less intimidating or a big threat. Shanks could have defeated him, yes, but if he has no scratches on him, it's also equally safe to say that he retreated. It is also possible that they clashed but Shanks (or Kaidou) decided to give up their fight upon realizing that WB is dead.
After all, Shanks' fight with Kaidou only started because the latter wanted to kill WB.

Considering the current timeline, Whitebeard died max 15 minutes ago... Can Shanks pass a quarter of New world + Merman Island and go to Marinford in that time ?
And even that, the only big tv screens are on shabaody archipelago (at least the only ones shown to us) there is no way he could've gotten the information.

Most likely there was a third condition (weather or marines) that got between the struggle with Shanks vs. Kaidou. Then Shanks just took advantage of it and went to join the war.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 03:54 PM
Ben Beckman seems to share a stylist with Rayleigh and Mihawk ... looks like the same coat. :XD

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 03:56 PM
Most likely there was a third condition (weather or marines) that got between the struggle with Shanks vs. Kaidou. Then Shanks just took advantage of it and went to join the war.

Maybe the 4th Yonkou decided to make her/his move as well? Also possible... The report about shanks must have been a while, I think it's a day before the execution... but a timeline would have been nice... besides, it doesn't mean that it was in NW, considering that Kaidou wanted to get in WB's way, he might be someway in that area as well...

chess4
March 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
i hope we get to see a bit of the red hairs power or at least what their nicknames are

tiberiuscg
March 23, 2010, 04:04 PM
shanks was bluffing about seeing the other emperor

he was stalking wb

shanks must have wb vivre card or something or it'll be impossible to find someone in such huge sea

beastboy
March 23, 2010, 04:05 PM
If I remember it, Kaidou wanted to stop WB from going against the marines, Shanks explained him WB's motives (And destroyed some tables on his ship) and he changed ideas...

RichardMNixon
March 23, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Shanks only had to delay Kaidou enough for Whitebeard to get past him to Marineford, any fighting after that would be meaningless.

Marco probably didn't do as much as he could this battle because he was busy babysitting Luffy. I don't know what he was up to while Akainu was chasing Jimbei though.

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 04:08 PM

What did you expect? There's a reason that the Admirals + Shichibukai balance out the Yonkou and the rest of the pirates. Simple division captains cannot be admiral level, unless your Marco, since he has a hax DF that allows him to regenerate any injury instantly. It's definitely much better then a logia.

Also, I'm guessing we're not going to see how Akainu got away from that position he was in. He was facing Croc, Marco, and Vista, not to mention a bunch of division captains...so him escaping like that is pretty weird. It's not out of place though, since during this war, we've seen people switch opponents so often that it's ridiculous.

dsr
March 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
I wanted to add that beside the Epicness, Oda in the last chapters has done a great work in balancing the manga.

We readers were all on the pirate's side, everyone believed that the marine were the evil, still, after seeing BB acts, marines have a greater respect, they're needed.
The world needs someone who prevents people like BB to create havoc and break loose.
And these men give their lives to keep the world a quiter place, since the marines serve the WG, but are not acknowledged of the misfits the WG "should" have done.

I also absolutely love how he crafted the Crocodile character, that is one of my all time favourites.

Now my question is...will the WB crew disband or will they remain together?

Marche
March 23, 2010, 04:11 PM
~Shanks and Buggy to be reunited soon~
The ultimate combo to end the war!That should be great.
And perhaps (considering than Buggy he frightened, is a coward) Buggy could ask to him to join in Shank's crew (and that should be hilarious considering what happened at Roger's execution).
And for "Kaidou vs Shanks" in the anime is said than that was only a little fight (I think as WB vs Shanks).

dsr
March 23, 2010, 04:12 PM
Considering the current timeline, Whitebeard died max 15 minutes ago... Can Shanks pass a quarter of New world + Merman Island and go to Marinford in that time ?
And even that, the only big tv screens are on shabaody archipelago (at least the only ones shown to us) there is no way he could've gotten the information.

BB said that other pirates took advantage of the Tarai Current

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 04:13 PM
shanks must have wb vivre card or something or it'll be impossible to find someone in such huge sea

What about ... hmm ... let assume that we know in advance that the execution is going to take place on a certain date, a certain time and a certain place (which is the MHQ) and the one you're looking for is probably there. wouldn't be easy to find him without a vivre card :tem

k-dom
March 23, 2010, 04:16 PM
Don't know why some think its so bad that Shanks came in at this point. If you think about it, the WB pirates have been fighting for a while at least and they are fulfilling WB's last command which is to escape to the new world. In the end its a natural retreat from a terrible loss of both Ace and WB. I love the fact that Shanks has stepped up to make sure they all escape safely and in his own way as he says to 'end the war.' I think Oda is slowly finishing this up on his own as his done in the past. Like he did with Impel Down, except this one being a bit lengthier since its a war. The war itself is such a HUGE turning point for the OP world itself I can understand myself why Oda is taking his time in moving it at this pace.

Because there was already to much people in this war. None of the action was during more than 2 pages. So adding another big character which was supposed to fight another yonkou is indeed disapointing. At least to me. I don't know how Shanks is supposed to end the war quicker than another character so I will wait and see, but or the moment, I'm not that enthousiast.

johnnyb7
March 23, 2010, 04:17 PM
shanks!

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
As I said before, Shanks & Buggy reuniting will be the best moment in this war for me! :D I personally think Shanks will give the strawhat to Buggy until Luffy regains consciousness. ;) Buggy will definitely reveal his true colours now! :shakefist

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
What did you expect? There's a reason that the Admirals + Shichibukai balance out the Yonkou and the rest of the pirates. Simple division captains cannot be admiral level, unless your Marco, since he has a hax DF that allows him to regenerate any injury instantly. It's definitely much better then a logia.

Also, I'm guessing we're not going to see how Akainu got away from that position he was in. He was facing Croc, Marco, and Vista, not to mention a bunch of division captains...so him escaping like that is pretty weird. It's not out of place though, since during this war, we've seen people switch opponents so often that it's ridiculous.

Well, at least they should be able to last a little longer fight in equal one of them (an admiral or a Shichibukai), I know it's a war and the possibilities for a "one on one" fight is barely impossible, but what they've done is just pathetic (IMO).
I hope they can do much better now before leaving.

Rotten The Wizard
March 23, 2010, 04:22 PM
FINALLY Shanks' power will be proved to all the people saying Mihawk is stronger or even close to shanks' level.

Even after this war Shanks remains the only person able to stand his ground against whitebeard and he has ONE ARM

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
What about ... hmm ... let assume that we know in advance that the execution is going to take place on a certain date, a certain time and a certain place (which is the MHQ) and the one you're looking for is probably there. wouldn't be easy to find him without a vivre card :tem

I think he meant when Shanks had to help WB avoid Kaidou, not to mention find WB to talk to him in the first place.
[hr]

Even after this war Shanks remains the only person able to stand his ground against whitebeard and he has ONE ARM

Oh come on, we don't even know if WB put all his power into his slash. I'm sure he would of just destroyed the Moby Dick if he were to try his hardest against Shank's slash. There's no way a one-armed Shanks could compete in strength against WB with two arms. I'm not underestimating Shanks or anything, and I'm sure he's completely above Mihawk in overall strength, but he can't be stronger then WB. He's probably really close though.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
Shanks entered this war in style. His ship is still sailing towards the island, Shanks himself has already disembarked and to top it all off he saves the "green marine" from Akainu! :shakefist

I really hope Akainu gets pwned completely by Red Hair. :D

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 04:31 PM
I think he meant when Shanks had to help WB avoid Kaidou, not to mention find WB to talk to him in the first place.

I guess it must be that, when I read his post it was like a flash ... I mean I answered without considering other possibilities ... just the first thing that comes up to my mind. ^^

Loreus
March 23, 2010, 04:34 PM
When was it said that Shanks was fighting Kaidou?

msg
March 23, 2010, 04:34 PM
Shanks! zomg! hmm might as well let Dragon, Rayleigh, the sn, the sh, Duval, the Amazons, did i my miss anybody? etc join the fun..Common Pirates lets band together...lets fights against the WG and Marine's oppression! woo woo...lol Shanks! Zomg!

Let's see what's in store for this chapter -
Vivi and Carue for coverpage!
Buggy pass Jimbie to jean bart, luffy to bepo
interrupted by kizaru, law was suprised seeing him there
Bright big explosion everywhere.I see helmeppo
The return of kumas from cracks, Va doberman ask tashigi to leave the injured and continued fighting.BB rocks the island.Sengoku and Garp face of BB pirates.Coby stands between akainu and Wb pirates.Garp suprise to see coby there.BB becomes hysterical.Kizaru n law exchange words.Akainu attack Coby.Shanks block Akainu attack.*Zomg Shanks!* and declare he's gonna end this war right here right now.How cool is that! Also saw benkman pointing a rifle? at kizaru in a distance.

I say this war gonna end around may:p

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 04:36 PM
This is absolutely BANGIN'! I just had to make an account once I found out that Shanks is here! I've been waiting for him to make an appearance and he finally has. He also got Luffy's hat which makes it even more amazing. My hats off to you Oda, for another excellent chapter.

Zoftig_Joe
March 23, 2010, 04:39 PM
shanks shows up i am super stoked. this is going to be awesome. and op needs some awesomeness after that BULLS*** with black beard

Gats
March 23, 2010, 04:39 PM
Shanks recovered his hat. Now he is completed again, he is at full power. The playground is over.

OunknownO
March 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
can't wait for what oda has prepared for coby in the future

@Gatsuga fu-si-on haaaa!!!!! XD

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 04:41 PM
I wonder if Shanks is gonna fight Blackbeard.

Zehahaha
March 23, 2010, 04:43 PM

I wonder when Garp and Sengoku gonna teach that brat some history lessons about who's the boss around

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 04:43 PM
Imagine what would happen if Shank dies in the war :grin
I'm saying this because the marines looks like they're on a roll. xD

Dragon Slayer
March 23, 2010, 04:45 PM

sounds kinda impossible. but who knows. he said his here to end the war so i'm thinking about how his gna do that? and if i c right wasnt one of his subordinates pointing a gun towards someone??? anybody know who he was pointing at?
:darn

superman97
March 23, 2010, 04:47 PM

As much as he probably wants to, it is not the time and place. Shanks hand his crew need to ally themselves with the Whitebeard pirates to fend off the admirals while the Blackbeard pirates are fighting off Garp and Sengoku.
[hr]

sounds kinda impossible. but who knows. he said his here to end the war so i'm thinking about how his gna do that? and if i c right wasnt one of his subordinates pointing a gun towards someone??? anybody know who he was pointing at?
:darn

Kizaru... it seems like Kizaru is always fighting first mates:
In the Shabondy he fought Rayleigh.
In the beginning of the war he fought Marco.
And now Shanks first mate.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 04:48 PM
This is absolutely BANGIN'! I just had to make an account once I found out that Shanks is here! I've been waiting for him to make an appearance and he finally has. He also got Luffy's hat which makes it even more amazing. My hats off to you Oda, for another excellent chapter.

Welcome to MH! :)

Yep. It's definitely exciting. I can't wait to read the chapter once it becomes available! Oda did it again. I really didn't expect Red Hair to make an appearance. :darn I'm uber happy that he has now! :D

BB Vs. Shanks - Maybe in the future but I can't see it happening right now tbh.

Shanks recovered his hat. Now he is completed again, he is at full power. The playground is over.

Yes sir! :shakefist

can't wait for what oda has prepared for coby in the future

@Gatsuga fu-si-on haaaa!!!!! XD

I wonder whether Coby will stay as a marine? :blink There is a possiblity that he could become a pirate or even join the RV's imo. I wouldn't mind seeing Buggy tag along with the Red Hair Pirates to the NW! :D

Marche
March 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
As much as he probably wants to, it is not the time and place. Shanks hand his crew need to ally themselves with the Whitebeard pirates to fend off the admirals while the Blackbeard pirates are fighting off Garp and Sengoku.No. I hope than Garp will go to Shanks and Rufy.
And perhaps He will decide (thanks to Koby words) to stay with Rufy, He will betray the marine.
He perhapse will kill also Akainu (but perhaps this his will be done by Shanks or Hancock).

deffkryz
March 23, 2010, 04:50 PM
I wonder if Shanks is able to determine, that someone (Nami) fixed the Strawhat after someone (Buggy) tried to ruin it... We all know Oda likes to go back on details of very old chapters...

chapter 533

Even there, there wasn't any mention of a fight. Shanks simply prevented Kaidou from attacking Whitebeard...

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
I wonder if Shanks is able to determine, that someone (Nami) fixed the Strawhat after someone (Buggy) tried to ruin it...

lol That would be interesting. I don't think that's his main concern atm though. :p I can't wait to see Buggy's (and the Impel Down prisoner's) reaction to Red Hair's entrance.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 04:54 PM
So anyone? When was it said that Shanks fought Kaidou =o

Here : Post All "What Chapter/Episode...?" Questions Here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1853814#post1853814)

Poneglyph420
March 23, 2010, 04:58 PM
I really think Shanks is here for "damage control"
He's by no means here to make an attack at the WG or anyone really...
He will hopefully be able to handle Akainu and help get Luffy out of here.
Maybe pass off the Mugiwara back to Luffy..
Then once Luffy wakes he finds out Shanks was there...

Serioulsy what I thought would be a few chapters of resolution has become a battle royale... Damn crazy!!!

Messiah
March 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
@deffkryz
you're right
they said that there is a dispute between the 2 of them so who knows what happened

BurnSchulz
March 23, 2010, 05:00 PM
There was no mention of a fight actually. Chapter 533.

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2640-3/one-piece/chapter-533.html
Here dude.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/533/03/

Thanks you guys.

Well i dont bet shanks defeated kaido, they argued in another way im sure.

DARK
March 23, 2010, 05:02 PM

Shanks apparently agrees with Coby's idealization of this war being pointless now that Whitebeard is dead and his men are retreating from the battlefield. So yeah, you can say that he's here for damage control.

Serioulsy what I thought would be a few chapters of resolution has become a battle royale... Damn crazy!!!

I expect this from Oda; he's not the type of mangaka who will tone down the epicness of his chapters just because a character/subject of interest has died.
And you call this a battle royale? This is nothing. We still haven't seen the rest of the Red Haired Pirates, or even the rest of the Supernova should they show up anytime soon.

hy4k
March 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
i dont think kaidou wanted to fight whitebeard, just stop him. i think kaidou is smart like shanks and realised what was going to happen. he just chose to interfere rather than allowing it to happen, he probably just gave up and went home once ace and WB got killed

Amazeroth
March 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
I am really dissapointed if Shanks can not handle Akainu by himself, that really would suck. I expect to kick his damn assand show him, what a Yonkou is like.

But after all what happened in this war, I really expect the worst and unexpected.

Zehahaha
March 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
Shanks better show us some good action, or else these Yonkou would be seen as just some punks who can't even take on an admiral

bittman
March 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
I am really dissapointed if Shanks can not handle Akainu by himself, that really would suck. I expect to kick his damn assand show him, what a Yonkou is like.

But after all what happened in this war, I really expect the worst and unexpected.

So you expect for Oda to show that the marines will be completely useless in the endgame?

I, on the other hand, will be disappointed if Akainu takes another beating, especially since he's basically been built up as potentially the strongest of the marines.

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 05:14 PM

I'm pretty sure Shanks will be able to handle him. Whitebeard could do it with ease and wasn't it said that the rest of the Yonkou are close to Whitebeard's power? I really want Shanks to smack Akainu around all while being :pwned.

Zehahaha
March 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
So you expect for Oda to show that the marines will be completely useless in the endgame?

I, on the other hand, will be disappointed if Akainu takes another beating, especially since he's basically been built up as potentially the strongest of the marines.

We already had enough of the Marines and their strenght, we already got that the admirals are super strong and cool, and kickass and whatever... But right now, i'm afraid about the Yonkou, especially after WB deception (i was expecting that he would at least take one admiral with him... ), plus there's Sengoku, and Garp... I mean, the Marines are already strong, and we got it

Shanks better show us just the level of Yonkou right here and right now

Gregenath
March 23, 2010, 05:21 PM
You know, its probably not going to happen... But i really kinda hope that Shanks looks to Buggy and says somethng like;
"Is this really the time or the place to be messing around? You coward, stop faking..."

And then Buggy reveals hes quite strong, but is a mega-ultra-coward and doesn't like to be attacked or w/e so pretends to be weak.
Then Buggy an Shanks team up & fuck over Akainu

It wont happen, but I hope Buggy atleast turns out to be moderately strong.
Or he reveals his new ability... something like Senbonzakura or splitting his body into atoms and invading people or something

hy4k
March 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
shanks will kick akainus ass

he's on whitebeard's level and he doesn't have any health problems. i'd be surprised if akainu was still alive at the end of this

also dont forget guys that beckman/roux/yassopp are there. theoretically they're on the same level as marco/vista/jozu

Poneglyph420
March 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Shanks apparently agrees with Coby's idealization of this war being pointless now that Whitebeard is dead and his men are retreating from the battlefield. So yeah, you can say that he's here for damage control.

Shanks admired Coby's courage and the time that his distraction provided. I didn't see anymore..

I'm guessing Shanks wants this to end now..
Seems like he's the voice of reason here IMHO>

I expect this from Oda; he's not the type of mangaka who will tone down the epicness of his chapters just because a character/subject of interest has died.
And you call this a battle royale? This is nothing. We still haven't seen the rest of the Red Haired Pirates, or even the rest of the Supernova should they show up anytime soon.

This has been the longest climax ever.. I'm not saying it's bad, but the Marines are the biggest joke ever.. Sure a lot has gone down, but they really failed here. Akainu was there only solid performer until Sengoku got the buddha palm on.... and now he's gonna be "handled".....

So SN and the rest of Shank's crew are gonna do something more??
And I guess Dragon will show up riding a Sea King??
I love this manga, but Oda is just a guy...

PS: This isn't aimed at Dark or anyone just IMO.

lelouche123
March 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
so has appeared the really strawhat

wow thats awesome , how much mystique and charisma have this character

its a shame that has not come a little after , right
but now its time to kick some asses and get out f... of there

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 05:45 PM

Yep. It's definitely exciting. I can't wait to read the chapter once it becomes available! Oda did it again. I really didn't expect Red Hair to make an appearance. :darn I'm uber happy that he has now! :D

BB Vs. Shanks - Maybe in the future but I can't see it happening right now tbh.

Thanks for the welcoming! :D Yes, I don't think he's going to fight BB now. Although, I definitely think they will have a rematch in the future. I just want Shanks to show us what he's made of. I'd love to see him fight seriously.

He said he's gonna end the war, but I wonder how? Will he just own the marines right then and there (which I highly doubt)? Or will he be able to find a way to have the WB Pirates escape successfully? Whatever it is, I'm sure Oda will not disappoint! ^^

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the welcoming! :D Yes, I don't think he's going to fight BB now. Although, I definitely think they will have a rematch in the future. I just want Shanks to show us what he's made of. I'd love to see him fight seriously.

He said he's gonna end the war, but I wonder how? Will he just own the marines right then and there (which I highly doubt)? Or will he be able to find a way to have the WB Pirates escape successfully? Whatever it is, I'm sure Oda will not disappoint! ^^

Yeah, It would be nice if Shanks got to see just how much Luffy progressed... as for Shanks' plan... It's a weird situation now. I don't see BB die yet... and Shanks either... no battle then, at least no one, that results in the death of one party (I don't want Shanks to die, and it's to early for BB)... Some kind of agreement? Hard to imagine with someone like BB... maybe BB and his comrade will be forced to escape or sth... I don't wanna see Shanks lose TT TT

RichardMNixon
March 23, 2010, 05:55 PM
Just as Roger and Luffy went to the sea for freedom and Whitebeard wanted family, I feel like maybe Shanks's motivation is peace and happiness. He just wants to relax. It would explain why he hasn't been to Raftel yet if he's already been there with Roger.

karthikmurs
March 23, 2010, 05:57 PM

He will most probably intercept between Sengoku and BB after seeing off Luffy and Law.. He will probably make the Admirals understand that BB is the priority and NOT luffy. But lets save all the Chapter 580 predictions for later.. We are gonna need it :P

Jayden_kropp
March 23, 2010, 05:58 PM

I think mugiwara actually means strawboy not strawhat. My girlfriend is japanese and she looked at one piece once and i asked her what it meant she says they say mugiwara because its like an effectionate way of saying strawboy = s lol. Ill have to ask her again to make sure but doubt she could be wrong seeing shes fluent in both english and japanese cause she speaks jap at home lol.

Pretty epic chapter:tem. I don't think anyone seen the war folding out quite like this. All i can say is to all them people who troll this forum and make rash posts about oda's work this with the death of ace how foolish you now look.

msg
March 23, 2010, 06:01 PM
Kizaru barely miss Buggy with his "laser".Gotta love Buggy reaction after that.:amuse "save me!" lol
Sengoku and Garp is busy with BB and his gang.Akainu and Kizaru will definitely be busy with shanks and benkman.But whos gonna handle Aokiji later?Lucky Roux ?Yassop? Will Aokiji will be as relentless as the other two admirals in capturing Luffy or will he just watch at the sidelines?

hy4k
March 23, 2010, 06:04 PM
the way i see it all 3 admirals will join in, but even then they are screwed

don't forget it's shanks + ivankov/inazuma + crocodile + whitebeard pirates + redhair pirates

Poneglyph420
March 23, 2010, 06:05 PM
I think mugiwara actually means strawboy not strawhat. My girlfriend is japanese and she looked at one piece once and i asked her what it meant she says they say mugiwara because its like an effectionate way of saying strawboy = s lol. Ill have to ask her again to make sure but doubt she could be wrong seeing shes fluent in both english and japanese cause she speaks jap at home lol.

Pretty epic chapter:tem. I don't think anyone seen the war folding out quite like this. All i can say is to all them people who troll this forum and make rash posts about oda's work this with the death of ace how foolish you now look.

Mugiwara means strawhat.. but many people in OP call Luffy "mugiwara" either affectionately or otherwise...
I actually speak Japanese myself so yeah, I'm right..
Mugi=hat Wara= straw.....

This is a insane chapter and adds a lot of tension into the coming chapters without a doubt...

Amazeroth
March 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
shanks will kick akainus ass

he's on whitebeard's level and he doesn't have any health problems. i'd be surprised if akainu was still alive at the end of this
He only has one arm, that could count as a health problem.

I really hope he will kick ass, yes, but I have a bad feeling. "I will end this war" could mean a lot of different things. And also I can't imagine that 2 Yonkou crews can take on all the marines + Shichibukai. Even if Shanks and his crew could handle ALL THREE Admirals (I really doubt that, Akainu proofed that the Admirals are VERY strong), what about the Shichibukai??
But he wouldnt say such a thing, unless he really could do it. So what possibilities are there to really END this war?

Perhaps he was some SERIOUS backup aside from his crew? Another Yonkou?

Or Perhaps that means, that he also got a freaking strong DF and is going to use it?
I know, I know, he is strong without DF and in the past he didnt have one, because he could swim in the water. But perhaps he just found the right DF and ate it now, to become stronger.
Many of us didnt expect Whitebeard to have an DF, so its possible.

What do you guys think? HOW can he end this war against alle those strong marines?

Ilesyt
March 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
Wow 2 People died now, and it's as if all hell is loose and people have been dying during the whole manga left and right.

Am I the one to remind you guys that besides from the flashbacks, the only 2 who have died are Ace and Whitebeard, sure they were awesome characters and and their deaths were epic but that doesn't mean all awesome characters are going to die. Hell, even more deaths are improbable (not likely).
Now that Oda killed off 2 people, doesn't mean he has to go around killing some more too.

If Oda was going to kill anyone, it's most likely those 2 are the only ones who had to die. Their characters were awesome and legendary, their deaths were epic. The only deaths OP will know, they will be honoured by that title.

RIP Whitebeard and Ace, may your deaths be remembered an honoured till the infinty and beyond! end of times (One Piece) and beyond.

(Though i wouldn't mind Shanks kicking some Akainu's serious ass TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!)

terrorei
March 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
An epic entrance by Shanks. Thats what I love in One Piece, there is always something you didn't see coming and bam.
I think Shanks will try to defeat the BB more than the Marine after all, he is the one who staged the hole war and threatened the whole World. The only one Shanks will eliminate is Akainu, otherwise I see not much hope for Luffy to escape (or at least I wish he would kick his ass).

fuatf90
March 23, 2010, 06:17 PM
ok hang on.... OMG SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS T_T *_*

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
He only has one arm, that could count as a health problem.

Shank's power is close to that of Whitebeard's and "losing an arm did not weaken him in any way."

scandalous'
March 23, 2010, 06:21 PM
SHANKS!

I was waiting for him to make an appearance. Lets see if he can make this war any more epic than it already is.

This is why I love one piece. So many epic characters, who can make the most epic entrances. Oda creating this many great characters is really paying off. He could go on for weeks, making characters do all kind of awesome entrances. He's got a ton of em left.

Amazeroth
March 23, 2010, 06:25 PM
Am I the one to remind you guys that besides from the flashbacks, the only 2 who have died are Ace and Whitebeard, sure they were awesome characters and and their deaths were epic but that doesn't mean all awesome characters are going to die. Hell, even more deaths are improbable (not likely).
Now that Oda killed off 2 people, doesn't mean he has to go around killing some more too.
Then let me remind you, that this is the first REAL war in One Piece, so you can't really compare this to the rest of the Manga.

I really like what Oda is doing here, I like that a few dudes are dying and there could be some more, if you ask me. Because the death of them will bring some real change into the story and that is good, IN MY OPINION.

But let's see, how this will turn out :)

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 06:25 PM
Hey the fact that Aikanu is already chasing Luffy means he has wiped out Croc and company? :err

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 23, 2010, 06:32 PM
I don't think Shanks scolding the three parties (marines, WB alliance, BB pirates) will end the war. Shanks defeating the marines and BB pirates is not probable either. So, I think he will somehow create an escape path and beat the ones who are too stubborn to let them go.

But I wonder what will happen to Coby. I think after the war he will be under the protection of Garp, if both will still be marines. That is enough protection from Akainu, as attacking to a subordinate of Garp in front of him outside the war is a foolproof way of getting beaten, even for an admiral.

scandalous'
March 23, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hey the fact that Aikanu is already chasing Luffy means he has wiped out Croc and company? :err

Someone probably intervened and they are kept busy fighting some lower ranked marines. Or aikanu just caused a distraction for him to chase luffy for a brief moment. Either way, no way he's touching luffy now with shanks there.

PS, is anyone else hoping shanks will just smack teach, and just nullifies the whitebeard power. Telling teach that even though he's got whitebeards power, he still isn't shit. and proceeds to smack him again.

drzcoyotex3
March 23, 2010, 06:54 PM
SHANKS,you know what i love about HIM THE FACT THAT HE DOESNT have a devil fruit, i mean he saved luffy and everything for all we know he doesnt have one, he fought another yonkou just now, and now he is in the war, and he is here to stop it, now that i see him here i actually think that the wb commanders might come out alive and i see akainu getting beat up

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 06:56 PM
Someone probably intervened and they are kept busy fighting some lower ranked marines. Or aikanu just caused a distraction for him to chase luffy for a brief moment. Either way, no way he's touching luffy now with shanks there.

I know it was kinda sarcasm :)
what I mean is look at their determination here (http://www.mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/15) and what Croco blamed Jimbei for (http://www.mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/12) ("Croc: If you swear to protect him, then get it done!!! Don't let them have their way any further!!!") and look what happened (Akainu hasn't got his @$$ kicked yet). :darn

Max Mojito
March 23, 2010, 07:12 PM
i think shanks will be more of a challenge to the Marines simply because of age..
we know whitebeard was not in his prime and that stab by squado proved it.
even Marco admited that, so Shanks even without an arm i think should put up more of a challenge and has a realistic chance of taking down an admiral hopefully akainu since hes already injured

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
And once again, Akainu tries to kill a another comrade. Interesting that Kizaru finally showed up. He's trying to stop Law, but Shanks may be able to help Law out.

NoLimit89
March 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
What are the chances of an agreement made between Kaido and Shanks with Kaido showing up as well?

I wanna know what happened between Shanks and Kaidou dammit.

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
I think it's kinda sad that WB had to see Ace,his son, die... well... it's sad that they had to die altogether ... but it is sad that WB died knowing that he failed in protecting him TT TT it was damn unexpected, this turn of events...
That's why, I'm sorta worried about Shanks -_- Everything is so unexpected up until now... and maybe Shanks' crew DID suffer some loss from fighting Kaidou, we've only seen shanks and beckman in the new chapter, right? A lot of things still can go wrong... I just hope that Luffy won't stay in his depression over Ace forever and takes responsibility for his nakama. I mean, they should take priority, right? He's the captain, I thought? ... I hope Shanks saves the day and Luffy can recover and gather his crew.

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
I know it was kinda sarcasm :)
what I mean is look at their determination here (http://www.mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/15) and what Croco blamed Jimbei for (http://www.mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/12) ("Croc: If you swear to protect him, then get it done!!! Don't let them have their way any further!!!") and look what happened (Akainu hasn't got his @$$ kicked yet). :darn

even haki users can't touch akainu(Marco and vista) maybe not strong enough haki

Croco boy may or may not be using haki so who can stop akainu?
maybe his attacks but he still keeps moving forward.

Woots Shanks, didn't expect that... he is now gonna stop this war :D
epicness...

if shanks just joined the war earlier... marines are screwed... but oh well shanks don't want to make WB look weak that he needs help.

I hope shanks doesn't die lol, since there are so many unexpected deaths, at least not shanks:darn

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
Shanks can't die, because it'd probably be one of the biggest letdowns in the history of manga. He just came in saying he's going to end this war, so getting touched by someone who's not Garp would be an utter disappointment.

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 07:45 PM
well, I think so too... but nothing is certain yet. Luffy freakin' wasted 10 years of his life, had to go through the torture of ID, fight through the marines... and Ace just goes off... and dies. I couldn't believe that Ace would die after all that Luffy had to go through ... and then ...he died. I guess it's best not to expect too much.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
@ elitefox : Agreed, but Shanks just proved that Akainu can be stopped ... I know he's a Yonkou and all but being commander in the Strongest man's crew should be enough to stop Akainu (at least stop him).

Bertosch
March 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
Luffy has lost more than enough. Lost his crew, his brother and some years of his life. He suffered enough... A loss of his gramps or even his best friend would be the worst and most awfull case ever...

Edit: I am quiet sure that Rayleigh has sth to do with the arrival of Law. Maybe he saved him from Kizaru, too back at Shabondy and asked afterwards for his help.

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
It is really funny how Oda plays with people

In the spoiler it says

That marines have higher morale since they have accomplish their goal which I think crush one yonkou.

but then in the end Oda releases Shanks into the field

Marines: WTF another yonkou.... okay back to retreating :amuse

karthikmurs
March 23, 2010, 07:50 PM
That's why, I'm sorta worried about Shanks -_- Everything is so unexpected up until now... A lot of things still can go wrong...

Luffy and Shanks' reunion and Usopp and Yasopp's reunion is the most anticipated event from the beginning. The highlight of the entire 300+ chapters, even to some extent shabody arc was that Luffy had to meet shanks. It will not end without that happening, IMO..

I just hope that Luffy won't stay in his depression over Ace forever and takes responsibility for his nakama. I mean, they should take priority, right? He's the captain, I thought? ... I hope Shanks saves the day and Luffy can recover and gather his crew.

Luffy already has taken the responsibility of his Nakama.. He said that during his fight with Blueno. He very much feels responsible for his crew.

And of course, luffy is gonna look for his Nakama. Shanks might not help. I am guessing Dragon will help Luffy.. Or may be, Kuma himself.

P.S: Please don't re-quote.. I am sure it will deviate from the thread. You can reply in Convo thread or Tree of Knowledge. Peace. Yeah, am Hypocrite

ololiuhqui
March 23, 2010, 07:52 PM
so shiryuu cant attack prisoners of ID yet akainu can attack marines(coby)? he pisses me off, next chapter i hope the first think we see is garp's fist going through akainu's face

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
Shiryuu was doing it for pleasure and Akainu for his way of understanding justice
Although I can't see a difference here.

senewe
March 23, 2010, 08:01 PM
Chapter 576 is the best chapter, but this 579 is the best spoiler ever.
when I saw MIGHTY Shanks on the spoiler, my face was like This (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/04/)

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 08:10 PM
when I saw MIGHTY Shanks on the spoiler, my face was like This (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/04/)

Fixed for you (the link was wrong) :)

Hero D ote
March 23, 2010, 08:10 PM
How Shanks could end this war ?

He is a big threat at many level.

As a yonkou he should be strong but I think his strenght is not the biggest threat to the world governement.

He was a member of the pirate king crew.
The little mention of the OnePiece by Whitebeard make Sengoku sweat of fear.

So what will happen if Shanks threaten Sengoku to talk about the One piece or the lost history ?

It would lack epicness but in fact he doesn't really need to threaten Sengoku and marines.

Sengoku probably know how much Shanks strenght and knowledge of Raftael, One piece, lost history are a great menace for the marines.

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 08:14 PM
I wanted to add that beside the Epicness, Oda in the last chapters has done a great work in balancing the manga.

We readers were all on the pirate's side, everyone believed that the marine were the evil, still, after seeing BB acts, marines have a greater respect, they're needed.
The world needs someone who prevents people like BB to create havoc and break loose.
And these men give their lives to keep the world a quiter place, since the marines serve the WG, but are not acknowledged of the misfits the WG "should" have done.

I also absolutely love how he crafted the Crocodile character, that is one of my all time favourites.

Now my question is...will the WB crew disband or will they remain together?

This is why I believed that Shanks doesn't attack the WG with WB so that they wouldn't destroy WG since it still has a good side that prevents ruthless pirates from getting what they want.

Luffy is more of a Sailor than a pirate though but being a pirate king means most freedom.

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
How Shanks could end this war ?

He is a big threat at many level.

As a yonkou he should be strong but I think his strenght is not the biggest threat to the world governement.

He was a member of the pirate king crew.
The little mention of the OnePiece by Whitebeard make Sengoku sweat of fear.

So what will happen if Shanks threaten Sengoku to talk about the One piece or the lost history ?

It would lack epicness but in fact he doesn't really need to threaten Sengoku and marines.

Sengoku probably know how much Shanks strenght and knowledge of Raftael, One piece, lost history are a great menace for the marines.

That I am not sure... Sengoku and Garp might have fought WB but fought shanks who might be a rookie back then? I don't think so.

So I don't think they know how powerful shanks is but they do know he is powerful since he is a yonkou afterall.

Can't wait for the scanlation :darn

roku-sky
March 23, 2010, 08:28 PM

When I saw Shanks my face was like THIS (http://redriverpak.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/explode.jpg)...

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 08:30 PM
I'm interested to see Sengoku's reaction to Shanks showing up (His Face must lo... (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v30/c279/16.html)). Also I'm interested in seeing if Shanks will say anything to Blackbeard.xD

minimz
March 23, 2010, 08:40 PM
there's a change that kaidou gave up on killing wb when he was approaching his death, or when he died... which allowed shanks to move to the war because kaidou would have lost his initial intent.

DEATHBOTT
March 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
im calling that all the straw hats, supernovas, rayleigh, dragon, enel, dadan, magalen and cp9 are gonna show up too. theres a party at marineford and everyones invited!!!

bruticus171
March 23, 2010, 09:28 PM
what should happen is shanks vs Juracule Mihawk. now that will make a great fight to see. still saying arc ends at 584

vanderag
March 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
Im not to dissapointed with the introductions of shanks though I hope there is no more cameo's because that would be OTT!! The only dissapointing thing about these spoilers is the fact that Kaidou may be out of the picture. If he is we would see nothin of him and that would be a huge waste of character:mad. The war will end soon and for all those complaining about cameos this is nothin they needed law and shanks for Luffy and other pirates to escape. Oda could have made dragon appear lol.:p

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
i dont think the shichibukai may take part in the war anymore. we have not seen any of them battle the pirates.

if you'd ask boa she'd simply say "i took part to fight against WB. now he's dead so there is no purpose for me here anymore"

mr.danly
March 23, 2010, 09:44 PM

I was under the impression that Akainu was going after Coby and Shanks blocked it. At least that's what I got from the spoilers.

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
Shiryuu was doing it for pleasure and Akainu for his way of understanding justice
Although I can't see a difference here.

maybe but to me akainu uses that pathetic excuse to justify his actions :D

hy4k
March 23, 2010, 09:56 PM
akainu doesn't get off on what he's doing, shiryuu does. akainu actually believes in what he's doing, he's not doing it for his own amusement

as for mihawk i dont think he'll touch shanks ort go ear him. as far as i can tell he has a friendly relationship with the guy so he'll keep away

none of the other shichibukai would have the balls to take on a yonkou

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 09:56 PM
maybe but to me akainu uses that pathetic excuse to justify his actions :D

Well for the count

Akainu thinks he is justice so he thinks he is always right

remember the guardia civil?
they are bad but needed...

a bit of Philippine history lol :D

Sawako-Chan
March 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
i think akainu must have some serius grugde against pirates...( like crappy past...or whatever) anyway...

Anyway this chapter got me by surprise...holy crap it's red hair Shanks ...did most of you see that he stoped damn magma punch like it was nothing 0o...holy damn

well guess that there's a lot of ppl betting in Luffy... WB,Shanks , and even Akainu with his obessesion with killing Luffy....

anyway...hope to see Luffy and crew very very soon...i miss nami and robin already =p

khevs2o
March 23, 2010, 10:10 PM
there's a change that kaidou gave up on killing wb when he was approaching his death, or when he died... which allowed shanks to move to the war because kaidou would have lost his initial intent.

Maybe kaidou and shanks joined forces :D:D

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 10:13 PM
Then let me remind you, that this is the first REAL war in One Piece, so you can't really compare this to the rest of the Manga.

I really like what Oda is doing here, I like that a few dudes are dying and there could be some more, if you ask me. Because the death of them will bring some real change into the story and that is good, IN MY OPINION.

But let's see, how this will turn out :)

there should be a big time marine who will die. else the marines will totally win this war

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 10:13 PM
Ben Beckman seems to share a stylist with Rayleigh and Mihawk ... looks like the same coat. :XD

And with shanks also. Their shirt and coat seem the same.

When I saw Shanks my face was like THIS (http://redriverpak.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/explode.jpg)...

Gosh dude are you okay? It seemed that you were in a fire or something xD

As much epic that would be, I honestly can't believe it.

KaoruArimi
March 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
Marine's boast of justice but where were they at cocoyashi island when bellemere got shot and the town was oppressed. Or in Alabasta or in Drum island?? where's the Marine's justice. Akainu pisses me off so much. He's truly a dog that won't let go after he bites down on someone. I will love BB if he kills Akainu.... and I will build him a shrine if he kills Kizaru :D! I hate BB but at least he doesn't say that he's just and honorable and crap ... he KNOWS he's scum. okay I'm done bashing Akainu...... I will now let Shanks or BB take over and beat him to a measly pulp.

I never thought I'd see this so soon where Shanks picks up the strawhat. I've been waiting forever to see that happen. He was there for Luffy when he was attacked by the sea monster when he was little and lost his arm in the process. Hopefully he won't loose anything else this time round.

PLEASE OH DEAR LORD PLEASE bring on the other STRAWHATS!!!! that is the ultimate wish. If I were sick ... and make a wish foundation contacted me ... I'd tell them to contact ODA and have him write the Strawhats into this war!! :D I'm going to tilt over like I did when I saw Shanks in the spoiler. DAMN didn't expect that one at all. like "POW" it hit me in the face I was so shocked.

tobeulp
March 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
I am not shocked Shanks came because Shanks probably will comfort Luffy to move forward in life and Shanks can even train Luffy too.... As expected Marines taking advantage to Annihilate the Pirates that come at the war but because of Shanks arrival the WG will not achieve that.... For Coby because of what he have done I think he will be a great Marine like Garp and because of this, after this arc probably a long time skip

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 10:24 PM

I think the marines will run as fast as they can

lol no joke, they almost got their ass kick with one yonkou then 2 yonkou?
it will be like apocalypse to the marines.
[hr]

Marine's boast of justice but where were they at cocoyashi island when bellemere got shot and the town was oppressed. Or in Alabasta or in Drum island?? where's the Marine's justice. Akainu pisses me off so much. He's truly a dog that won't let go after he bites down on someone. I will love BB if he kills Akainu.... and I will build him a shrine if he kills Kizaru :D! I hate BB but at least he doesn't say that he's just and honorable and crap ... he KNOWS he's scum. okay I'm done bashing Akainu...... I will now let Shanks or BB take over and beat him to a measly pulp.

I never thought I'd see this so soon where Shanks picks up the strawhat. I've been waiting forever to see that happen. He was there for Luffy when he was attacked by the sea monster when he was little and lost his arm in the process. Hopefully he won't loose anything else this time round.

PLEASE OH DEAR LORD PLEASE bring on the other STRAWHATS!!!! that is the ultimate wish. If I were sick ... and make a wish foundation contacted me ... I'd tell them to contact ODA and have him write the Strawhats into this war!! :D I'm going to tilt over like I did when I saw Shanks in the spoiler. DAMN didn't expect that one at all. like "POW" it hit me in the face I was so shocked.

Shanks will loose something of course...

a strand of hair :p

It is good to see Shanks since the command in WB pirates is lost now so there is chaos.
we all know what happens when the leader is gone.

I remember mihawk said to Luffy back then... you wanna be the greatest pirate then you have to be better than me... I think Shanks is a great pirate and probably not toying with mihawk but stronger than him in a sense. :D

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
What are the chances of an agreement made between Kaido and Shanks with Kaido showing up as well?

I wanna know what happened between Shanks and Kaidou dammit.

i thought about that myself.

maybe in the next chapter shanks will tell the WG that the two other yonkous are on their way

Uriel
March 23, 2010, 10:42 PM
Well, we only got news that Shanks stopped Kaidou. We don't know how. It may be a large speech or just one fight or even a promise. After all, they said something similar when He met Whitebeard and we know it was just captain chat.

I doubt they actually fought, JUST because He seems to be fine and not injured and I expect for all Yonkous to be able AT LEAST to leave a scar on each other.

lelouche123
March 23, 2010, 10:43 PM
i dont understad something even

what has avoided shanks than considers so important thanks to coby

im sure than is not for luffy , he is far away from there

AND ANOTHER THING , assumes than akainu defeated marco

khevs2o
March 23, 2010, 10:53 PM
I think shanks wont die coz he's gonna give back the straw hat to the new owner :)

neuaelr
March 23, 2010, 10:58 PM
Well, this might not mean much but..

the first chapter, Shanks told luffy that in ten years he may give him a chance. Well, 10 years later luffy started off on his journey, not sure how much time has passed between luffy first setting off, but here we are, it's been roughly 10 years and shanks and luffy are meeting again.

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 11:02 PM
i thought about that myself.

maybe in the next chapter shanks will tell the WG that the two other yonkous are on their way

That would make me even MORE excited! I really want to know more about Kaidou.

I also wonder if Luffy will be conscious in time to actually talk to Shanks.

elitefox
March 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
Well, this might not mean much but..

the first chapter, Shanks told luffy that in ten years he may give him a chance. Well, 10 years later luffy started off on his journey, not sure how much time has passed between luffy first setting off, but here we are, it's been roughly 10 years and shanks and luffy are meeting again.

meeting?

luffy is unconscious like he won't ever wake up lol

well yeah I wonder what did coby prevent?

Kaizoku-O Luffy
March 23, 2010, 11:07 PM

Or maybe they are already there under water waiting to surprise marines in the next chapter.

Once again the tide of the war changes. You can now understand why this is called a world war. Expect the unexpected. Even without the 1 vs. 1 battles quality of the war and epicness of this arc is not dropped.

3 admirals is still chasing after 1 rookie, yet still haven't managed to land a single fatal blow.

As awesome as shanks block on akainu is, imagine how it would've been if zoro jumped from nowhere to block the attack. That would've been some entrance for straw hat crew. Luffy already made his mark. And it would be good to show the marines this is the future of the new world. But you can understand why they are not there, its not their time and place yet. But based on what has transpired in this war you can't discount anything.

Shiro-kun
March 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
I dont think anyone is going to die now , on all sides regardless

neuaelr
March 23, 2010, 11:08 PM
meeting?

luffy is unconscious like he won't ever wake up lol

well yeah I wonder what did coby prevent?

You really think luffy won't wake up? Eventually he will, and shanks has his hat back, he will give it to luffy again since luffy isn't a great pirate yet.

Shiro-kun
March 23, 2010, 11:10 PM
You really think luffy won't wake up? Eventually he will, and shanks has his hat back, he will give it to luffy again since luffy isn't a great pirate yet.

I think he means not anytime soon...
but it will happen after the arc is over

topkomputer
March 23, 2010, 11:16 PM
Wouldn't it become hard to name Luffy's group? If the strawhat returned, but if Luffy still unconscious when Shanks leave, he won't get the chance to meet him.

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 11:19 PM
On second thought, I'm starting to get the feeling that Luffy will just be unconscious through all of this. Shanks might just put the hat on Luffy's head and then leave (after he ends the war of course :D). Then, they will have a proper reunion in the future.

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 11:21 PM
I think Shanks is going to end this war with a rather simple gesture. "Either let these pirates leave in peace or go to war with me". I can definitely see him saying something to that affect. Because lets be serious, the Marines went through enough facing just one Yonkou. And there is no way in hell they would want to face another one and do so with BB there as well. Besides Ace and WB are already dead so the Marines have technically won. And anything after that would just be an added bonus to their victory. But of course not if that bonus comes at the cost of having to face another Yonkou, in which case victory would not be so assured.

~*Enigma*~
March 23, 2010, 11:24 PM
I think Shanks is going to end this war with a rather simple gesture. "Either let these pirates leave in peace or go to war with me". I can definitely see him saying something to that affect. Because lets be serious, the Marines went through enough facing just one Yonkou. And there is no way in hell they would want to face another one and do so with BB there as well. Besides Ace and WB are already dead so the Marines have technically won. And anything after that would just be an added bonus to their victory. But of course not if that bonus comes at the cost of having to face another Yonkou, in which case victory would not be so assured.

You know, that might actually work. Look at all the damage just one Yonkou did. With another, they would have so many more casualties. Also, Akainu would finally stop harassing Luffy. :D

ascalon
March 23, 2010, 11:26 PM
Luffy remained unconscious despite nearly being gutted by Akainu's lava. He's probably in a coma.

thexboy
March 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
Finnaly Shanks has arrives!
Thanks ODA..... you is genius

TonyTonyChopper
March 24, 2010, 12:11 AM
I can feel after this war end, Shanks will bring Luffy out of that place and nursing him, and maybe after that, Shanks will help Luffy to find his crew, and at the same time, Luffy will learn how to use Haki from Shanks...

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 12:21 AM
What I'm really surprised to see is Coby. Not only did he bar Akainu's way but shows compassion on the soldiers and to their families. Coby is clearly a follower of the "moral justice" line of Marines.. He's lucky that Shanks was there to save him, but even in a crumpled mess, he showed resolve if nothing else..

Shanks and what looks like Beckman on the scene is a good sign of retreat on the horizon.. Glad there is a sense of tension being kept here, I have no idea what to expect next..... really..no idea.

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 12:42 AM
The marines will be surprise that Shanks is a friend of Luffy :D

Marines: What the hell is with this rookie?

msg
March 24, 2010, 12:55 AM
I've just realised the one who shout "hold on right there" is coby! and helmeppo is crying for him.Thats why marco commented "more marines?"
Akainu and kizaru looks puzzled and was probabaly thinking What the hell this boy is doing?Good Job Coby! at least he was able to stalled the admirals a few minutes.:amuse Coby speech is pure win.

... Garp and Sengoku in buddha form side by side is epic!

anime-addict
March 24, 2010, 01:03 AM
Shanks ?! shanks ?! I'm really speechless !!

what an epic entrance at a time like this .... it's perfect

so, shanks will give back the strawhat to luffy & law will take luffy to shapondy ..

this is the second time, shanks saved luff ...

I want to see buggy's reaction ...

will BB be a target for shanks .. now ?!

woooooooooooow ,,, each chaper gives me chills

BetaRuler
March 24, 2010, 01:13 AM
I almost think Shanks showing up is too much XD like omg how much bigger CAN this war get? Does it need to be this big ;_;

Odas gonna have to pull sum crazy stunts after this arc!

xenoph
March 24, 2010, 01:18 AM
i wonder if shanks will loose another arm protecting his bet to the new era :D! i think he will still be bad ass with no arms at all lol

Amazeroth
March 24, 2010, 01:24 AM
You could be right, BUT I really cant imagine that Akainu would be OK with that. He would attack 'em relentlessy, no matter what. At least thats how I see it.

acurabot
March 24, 2010, 01:34 AM
For shanks to save coby who is a marine, it shows his not a typical pirate.

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 01:34 AM
Akainu is the worst pain in the ace... Shanks has to finish him and vanish afterwards. It is really time to go on with the SH-pirates. I really miss all of them, maybe Brook not that much but all in all it is kind of annoying that the focus from the SH went to some random pirates and marines in this arc.

NoLimit89
March 24, 2010, 01:38 AM
Is that Beckmann pulling a gun at Kizaru's head?

And what's more, is he acting badass like as if he's certain that the gun would work?

Diablos
March 24, 2010, 01:40 AM
Wow this arc just keeps on going and each time more enjoying I dont know what to say anymore I guess Oda is also enjoying because this seems to be going endless XD... Shanks appearance is rather unexpected for me to be honest but damn him stopping Akainu with ease and that last pic with that line was so awesome so much of him.. Can't wait to see it scanlated XD

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 01:49 AM
i think theres surely goin to be a timeskip but i only wonder how long will it be
It will be fairly long assuming there will be a change in luffys physiq
i wonder how odas goin to manage comedy now that luffy might get serious
Maybe jimbei joins the crew to fiulfil aces promise
also seeing that ivankov is injured i keep getting the feeling that dragon also might come (WOW think bout that)
The only way luffy can get stronger is under trainin 4m some1 the 1st who comes to my mind is dragon

tobeulp
March 24, 2010, 01:55 AM
I predict Luffy wants to be stronger to get revenge on the marines for him to do it maybe Iva will tell him about dragon and Luffy will train with him

bruticus171
March 24, 2010, 01:59 AM
I really want shanks to keep the straw hat, so Luffy can where his brother's hat in remembrance and give Luffy a physical change and mental change also. I hope most are guessing that the wound he got from red dog will be a scar also to remember his brother also.

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 02:29 AM
I really want shanks to keep the straw hat, so Luffy can where his brother's hat in remembrance and give Luffy a physical change and mental change also. I hope most are guessing that the wound he got from red dog will be a scar also to remember his brother also.

No no no... the strawhat has to stay on Luffy's head. For now they didn't met again because Luffy is passed out. Law will flee with him and Shanks is going to clean this mess up. So they won't actually meet and Luffy could keep the hat. Ace will live on in his memories, in his anger against WB and the WG. But revenge isn't the real goal for Luffy. He promised his brother to live his life no matter what and do not look behind.

I can not wait to read the scanlations or even see the anime. This whole arc in coloured and moving pictures has to be awesome.

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 02:40 AM

so, shanks will give back the strawhat to luffy & law will take luffy to shapondy ..

The BB is on the other side of the island lol dealing with half the force of the marines

and on the other half shanks dealing with the 3 admirals which I think half of the marines too.

Coby saved somebody or many because he startled 2 of the admirals :D

making shanks and first mate arrive at a nick of time :D
[hr]

i wonder if shanks will loose another arm protecting his bet to the new era :D! i think he will still be bad ass with no arms at all lol

omg how the fuck will he fight

Stick 2 swords in both of his arms instead of legs like golden shiki?
I think 1 arm is enough.

maybe disabled but I think he is used to it now...

Can wait to see how shanks fight... win or loose I will be shanks fan :D
[hr]

I predict Luffy wants to be stronger to get revenge on the marines for him to do it maybe Iva will tell him about dragon and Luffy will train with him

Nah, luffy is not the type of a revenge guy but well who knows.

but I am sure if they meet again(Akainu), he will spank his ass to death

* if and only if Akainu is not going to be rape in this war and die

or Shanks will just say:

Marines... Retreat now or suffer my wrath :D
then haki burst woots, all that is left standing will be killed and the ones that gets knock out will remain knock out :p

llamapie
March 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
I almost think Shanks showing up is too much XD like omg how much bigger CAN this war get? Does it need to be this big ;_;

Odas gonna have to pull sum crazy stunts after this arc!

Just evidence that this is one of the most epic mangas ever. This battle is just crazy, not your typical shonen at all.

Oda is fricking brilliant.

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 02:52 AM
You could be right, BUT I really cant imagine that Akainu would be OK with that. He would attack 'em relentlessy, no matter what. At least thats how I see it.

yes i agree with also but even if akainu still wants to attack luffy, he cant do anything if sengoku orders him not to... he'll either disobey orders or get disciplined by the marines

doesnt mean if you're an admiral you can still defy orders from above
[hr]

if he won't then he'll get real pissed upon learning it. which would make himself want to get even stronger so he won't miss shanks the next possible time he'll appear ;)
[hr]

The marines will be surprise that Shanks is a friend of Luffy :D

Marines: What the hell is with this rookie?

they probably all know after garp divulged it in water 7 and with garp's crew there hearing him say that
[hr]

nope. shanks wont target BB. he's not a warmonger. unless BB attacks him, then shanks will retaliate for sure.
[hr]

Well for the count

Akainu thinks he is justice so he thinks he is always right

remember the guardia civil?
they are bad but needed...

a bit of Philippine history lol :D

lol. we shall find out next chapter if sengoku will let akainu loose or not. if he'll let akainu be, then there is something wrong with the marines.

since there's not much rumble fighting going on, sengoku should have an idea what each is up to. and in akainu's case ... terminating fellow marines ...

xconvict
March 24, 2010, 02:53 AM
Hello new to the community ;p

anyways im guessing Shanks will be there just to cover up their retreat for the WB and others after a successful retreat.. There's no need for a necessary fight with BB or others just a fight to cover the retreat :yourock ... Law will be the one to bring luffy back to SA though... while luffy will still be unconscious :crying

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 03:00 AM
I just wonder what the power of Room really is...

from what i have seen, he can slice everyone in the room.

kangclaw
March 24, 2010, 03:01 AM
Akainu is the worst pain in the ace... Shanks has to finish him and vanish afterwards. It is really time to go on with the SH-pirates. I really miss all of them, maybe Brook not that much but all in all it is kind of annoying that the focus from the SH went to some random pirates and marines in this arc.

I think Akainu may being set up to an enemy that Luffy will eventually have to fight after the time skip, somehow.

llamapie
March 24, 2010, 03:05 AM
I think Akainu may being set up to an enemy that Luffy will eventually have to fight after the time skip, somehow.

I love how everyone assumes there will be a time skip. It is likely, but there is still much to be resolved before that happens.

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 03:07 AM
ill hate it if shanks actually gets involved in the battle instead of makin the wbs escape
it will ake a hell of a time to settle things then
can nebody guess how long the timeskip will be though
oda did say this will be his last adventure as seveteen yr old

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 03:09 AM
I love how everyone assumes there will be a time skip. It is likely, but there is still much to be resolved before that happens.

Is there anything good with timeskip?

why do many want a timeskip?
is so that Brook may get a white hair :p

or choppy gets into his teens
or usopp gets .... a new mask ;)

WIzarDE
March 24, 2010, 03:14 AM
Ok now were the hell is garp at ? I mean Akainu kill ace, tries to kill Luffy and now Coby !

Did garp fall asleep again =?

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 03:15 AM
Garp is on the other side of the big gap

kangclaw
March 24, 2010, 03:15 AM
No no no... the strawhat has to stay on Luffy's head. For now they didn't met again because Luffy is passed out. Law will flee with him and Shanks is going to clean this mess up. So they won't actually meet and Luffy could keep the hat. Ace will live on in his memories, in his anger against WB and the WG. But revenge isn't the real goal for Luffy. He promised his brother to live his life no matter what and do not look behind.

I can not wait to read the scanlations or even see the anime. This whole arc in coloured and moving pictures has to be awesome.

Then there is no justice for Luffy, if he at least doesn't fight Akainu after this than Luffy's will seem weak and a coward, especially if he can ignore something like that. Yes Luffy does need to live on, so that means he has to gain enormous amount of strength to defeat Akainu and survive to become Pirate King, because Akainu is not the biggest Shark in the Sea.

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 03:16 AM
its not like we want a timeskip but looking at how its going it looks emminent
andtheres also odas statement

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 03:26 AM

this might be off topic but
can you refer me to oda's statement

TIA

anyways, I know that luffy will be most angry at himself than anybody because he cannot save his only brother ;)

Garp has to deal with BB and crew right now, this willl show how powerful the two of them are and BB and crew will much likely be a match

10 vs 2 top marines, I hope to see epic battle and I hope akainu with his burned brain(because of the magma) think of that BB is more dangerous now than anyone and sengoku and garp might need a helping hand

deffkryz
March 24, 2010, 03:28 AM

But saying that there's a timeskip is nothing but an "overinterpretation" of his words. If there was an opportunity for a timeskip, it was here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/19/). A much bigger one than now.

TIA

There was a statement concerning Strong World (the Movie) being Luffy's last adventure as 17 year old which Oda gave in the Strong World (the tankoubon) IIRC... And that's it - AFAIR he wasn't even referring to the current war in Marineford.

Dekker
March 24, 2010, 03:30 AM
Then there is no justice for Luffy, if he at least doesn't fight Akainu after this than Luffy's will seem weak and a coward, especially if he can ignore something like that. Yes Luffy does need to live on, so that means he has to gain enormous amount of strength to defeat Akainu and survive to become Pirate King, because Akainu is not the biggest Shark in the Sea.

Im pretty sure that if Luffy will beat an Admiral then it will probably be him. Until recently (before ace was killed) at least I thought it could be Kizaru. Well, we'll never know for sure until it happens. Oda is never unable to amaze us.

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 03:31 AM

Marineford arc will be luffys last adventure as a seventeen year old

deffkryz
March 24, 2010, 03:33 AM

This is wrong. Oda was referring to the 10th Movie - NOT to Impel Down/Marineford!

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 03:48 AM
This is wrong. Oda was referring to the 10th Movie - NOT to Impel Down/Marineford!

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Monkey_D._Luffy
i foubd the below text in the trivia of this site
However, technically in One Piece time one year has yet to pass. In a recent interview however, Oda mentioned that the Marineford Arc will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old.
[hr]
guys i donno where to put this so
can ne1 tell me a site where the story of strong world can be read

Dark Doc.
March 24, 2010, 03:49 AM
Am i the only one who is a little bit dissapointed about the fact that the awesome entrance of Law is overwhelmed in an instant by the EPIC entrance of Shanks.
I was hoping to see some more Heart Pirates action.
But still, this chapter will become another masterpiece (like all chapters in this war). And finally someone can kick some Red Dog ass :D

(where are my manners :p, hello everyone, thanks for having me in this forum ;) )

gesgift
March 24, 2010, 04:02 AM
And finally someone can kick some Red Dog ass :D

If I'm not mistaking, Newgate already kicked Sakazuki's ass, so Shanks will probably do the same. Wonder if he'll propose to Marco again :D

llamapie
March 24, 2010, 04:05 AM
Is there anything good with timeskip?

why do many want a timeskip?
is so that Brook may get a white hair :p

or choppy gets into his teens
or usopp gets .... a new mask ;)

Well we know that some islands have a ridiculous required time for the lock post to set (years, for instance). It would be a little too easy if the straw hats got nothing but short islands or super convenient permanent lock posts all the time. So I'm guessing out of logic we will have an arc coming up of the straw hats reuiniting, then heading to merman island then having to stay somewhere at some point for the lock post, so they take that time to improve themselves. But ya Oda doesn't have to do it this way but the way mangas are the characters don't age without time skips. :P

jiminy
March 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
i do agree that Laws entrance is overwhelmed by Shanks's entrance. But Law cant do much but run away if he was able to rescue Luffy safely. I like how Oda made us think Law can save the day, but it ends up being another Yonkou that has to lead the way out for the pirates who are in trouble.

I like how in the previous chapter, Luffy's hat was seen floating and lost in the midst of battle away from Luffy. And the person that appears and picks the hat up is Shanks, the original owner of the hat. Very very cool.

I have a feeling that Akainu is going to be Luffy's main opponent when the great war (that WB was talking about before his death) happens. Since it will be the people who know the truth vs people who want to suppress the truth.

Amazeroth
March 24, 2010, 04:09 AM
If I'm not mistaking, Newgate already kicked Sakazuki's ass, so Shanks will probably do the same. Wonder if he'll propose to Marco again :D
Well, Akainu burned half of Whitebeards face off, but what did Newgate do? A big show, wow. Akainu does not seem to have any serious injuries because of Newgate, so I wouldn't call this a real ass-kicking. Someone has to finish Akainu off, really, not just a little spanking.

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 04:10 AM

We'll then tomorrow will be luffy's birthday or today lol

Well we know that some islands have a ridiculous required time for the lock post to set (years, for instance). It would be a little too easy if the straw hats got nothing but short islands or super convenient permanent lock posts all the time. So I'm guessing out of logic we will have an arc coming up of the straw hats reuiniting, then heading to merman island then having to stay somewhere at some point for the lock post, so they take that time to improve themselves. But ya Oda doesn't have to do it this way but the way mangas are the characters don't age without time skips. :P

and here I thought there was already hormonal change in water 7 arc lol

seriously, the only log post is with Nami so they really have to meet to lock log post.

but how will Oda supposed to bring them all back?
and what is the true purpose of Kuma for sending them in different places

one might be to get stronger and might be only that :D

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 04:13 AM
except for nami who is goin to learn some new tricks i cant see other SHs gain some power.with luffys haki his power will be in a different league from his crew
i hope others also gain power somehow

deffkryz
March 24, 2010, 04:19 AM
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Monkey_D._Luffy
i foubd the below text in the trivia of this site

Look at the source given: SBS Volume 24?!

In a recent interview however, Oda mentioned that the Marineford Arc will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old.

That "recent interview" was published in Vol. 0 Strong World - and it's more like a final commentary to the volume and the movie. I'm referring to the translation from the German OPwiki (http://de.opwiki.org/wiki/Kommentar:Strong_World)...

"Oh yes, this story is (going to be) the last adventure as 17 year old. Please come and watch (not read!) it as often as you like to."

That's the final sentence of that commentary.

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 04:24 AM
Maybe this arc will be the last one and this is the reason why it lasts so long. Oda wants to end this story.

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 04:34 AM
Am i the only one who is a little bit dissapointed about the fact that the awesome entrance of Law is overwhelmed in an instant by the EPIC entrance of Shanks.
I was hoping to see some more Heart Pirates action.
But still, this chapter will become another masterpiece (like all chapters in this war). And finally someone can kick some Red Dog ass :D

(where are my manners :p, hello everyone, thanks for having me in this forum ;) )

I agree with you, it's harsh on Law & co but I reckon Red Hair's appearance will aid them in escaping safely without any further injuries. ;)

We will definitely see more of the Heart Pirates since Luffy & Jinbei are now in Law's care. I think they might be heading back to SA where Rayleigh is? I can't wait for that stupid magma brat to get a taste of Shank's haki attacks! :shakefist

Maybe this arc will be the last one and this is the reason why it lasts so long. Oda wants to end this story.

This won't be the last arc of OP. There are too many other side stories that connect to the main one, how can Oda possibly put everything into one arc? So you think they'll reach Raftel soon? :XD

Garp7
March 24, 2010, 04:37 AM
I just wonder what the power of Room really is...

from what i have seen, he can slice everyone in the room.

My guess is kinda random ...

I'm wondering if he can transfer someone's (or his) injury to other people/ animal/ object inside his (surgery) room.

This can be a deadly ability to have.

except for nami who is goin to learn some new tricks i cant see other SHs gain some power.with luffys haki his power will be in a different league from his crew
i hope others also gain power somehow

There might be something for all of them. At least Franky will gain some tangible benefit by his encounter at Dr Vegapunk birthplace and Robin might have access to informations or source of informations of the "lost history" through the revolutionary army.

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 04:41 AM
This won't be the last arc of OP. There are too many other side stories that connect to the main one, how can Oda possibly put everything into one arc? So you think they'll reach Raftel soon? :XD

Was just a theory. But it is still possibly. Why else would he bring lots of great pirates into this battle in such a hurry?

cacwoody
March 24, 2010, 04:44 AM
Who else thinks Oda and Kubo got way too drunk together the other night and came up with the same idea to bring in papas?

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 04:55 AM
There might be something for all of them. At least Franky will gain some tangible benefit by his encounter at Dr Vegapunk birthplace and Robin might have access to informations or source of informations of the "lost history" through the revolutionary army.

Indeed... Zoro seems to encounter a swordsman so he'll too probably is going to upgrade his skills. The other one aren't that apparent though: Sanji (Get over his extreme chivalry?), Brook (New ways of using his music as weapon?), Ussop (Survival skills? Courage test?) and Chopper? (Something about animals?)
[hr]

Who else thinks Oda and Kubo got way too drunk together the other night and came up with the same idea to bring in papas?

lol indeed ... it's like they planned it beforehand

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 04:58 AM
Was just a theory. But it is still possibly. Why else would he bring lots of great pirates into this battle in such a hurry?

It's not like Oda is going to flood the next chapters with more introductions and appearances imo. In a hurry? I don't think Oda randomly decided to introduce so many great pirates just for the sake of it. Oda plans very well for the sake of the story line so I can't see him doing any harm with the entrance of Shanks & Law tbh.

Shanks already stated that he has come to end the war and it's too early to see Shanks (another Yonkou) to go all out on the battlefield right now. I highly doubt that this war will go on for any longer. I'm happy with Law & Shanks appearing. :)

lol

Shanks has a son? :blink Where? Who? :p
OP wins like every other week for me. :D

Schabrak
March 24, 2010, 05:03 AM
Just that those two have two very different relationships to each other. And Shanks is kind of Luffys idol not his father, so it's just two nice entrances. :D

The length of this arc is just Odas fault of not being able to estimate an arcs duration. Why would he want to end it faster? It's his money making machine and nothing will change the fact, that this is the end oder middle part of One Piece.

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 05:04 AM
Shanks has a son? :blink Where? Who? :p

Well Shanks IS a father figure to Luffy, more than Dragon can ever be. They may not be related by blood but you can't deny they do seem to have a father/son relationship

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 05:11 AM
its more like shanks is an image of luffy himself
just as shanks said luffy reminds him of himself when he was a kid

Schabrak
March 24, 2010, 05:14 AM
Well Shanks IS a father figure to Luffy, more than Dragon can ever be. They may not be related by blood but you can't deny they do seem to have a father/son relationship
But only to a small degree. As mentioned two posts before... he is more of an idol than a father, as he wasn't there for Luffy in the last 8-10 years too
Garp and Dadan are the father figures of Luffy any way you want to look at it.

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 05:19 AM
its more like shanks is an image of luffy himself
just as shanks said luffy reminds him of himself when he was a kid

I think he said that Luffy reminds him of Roger ;)

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 05:28 AM
i agree but in the first chapter he mentioned that
[hr]
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/47/

Dark Doc.
March 24, 2010, 05:37 AM

Wel he (WB) damaged Sakazuki, but he got back up again in like 10 min with a little bloody nose:darn.
I'm hoping Shanks wil take him out for (at least) the rest of the war.

Gol D Ace
March 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
I wanna see see shanks fight and destroy Akainu. Eversince i saw the wb and shanks clash and the heavens split...I just hope that this time Akainu stays down..

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 05:39 AM
I am quiet sure that some of the WB's will move on with Red-Hair. He is the most similar to Whitebeard. Smart, funny, familiar etc.

Dark Doc.
March 24, 2010, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=jiminy;1854531]i do agree that Laws entrance is overwhelmed by Shanks's entrance. But Law cant do much but run away if he was able to rescue Luffy safely. I like how Oda made us think Law can save the day, but it ends up being another Yonkou that has to lead the way out for the pirates who are in trouble.

I know Law and his man can't do really serious damage to the marine (hell, if two massive haki/quake punches of whitebeard only knocked Akainu out for like 10 min.:blink what could a rookie do) , but I was hoping to see some more of this mysterious df of his en his crew against some low-level marines or something like that.

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
Beckmann is cool as hell in this scene with Kizaru. Time for the marines to earn some losses. I am not sure how a gun will kill light but i am pretty sure Oda knows the answer :P

urlaub
March 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
Shit Beckman is hot! Like Kizaru lifting his hands? That is insane.

OunknownO
March 24, 2010, 06:09 AM
Beckmann is cool as hell in this scene with Kizaru. Time for the marines to earn some losses. I am not sure how a gun will kill light but i am pretty sure Oda knows the answer :P

one of most hated answers.... imbeded haki in the bullet XD

PS. Who tought that coby will have such great impact on the story

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 06:18 AM
one of most hated answers.... imbeded haki in the bullet XD

PS. Who tought that coby will have such great impact on the story

That is right. I really begin to hate this haki-thing. For most of the users it is the answer to all.

junjun2
March 24, 2010, 06:22 AM
Coby seems a Mantra user.
ヘルメッポ「おいコビー!!・・・どうしたんだよお前!!」
コビー「・・・・ハァ・・・ハァ・・・わかんない・・・悲しい・・・!!」
ヘルメッポ「悲しいだぁ!?」
コビー「オエッ!頭の中から・・・”声”が・・・ひとつ・・・ひとつ・・・消えてくんだ・・・!!」
ヘルメッポ「はぁ??」

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 06:23 AM
Coby seems a Mantra user.
ヘルメッポ「おいコビー!!・・・どうしたんだよお前!!」
コビー「・・・・ハァ・・・ハァ・・・わかんない・・・悲しい・・・!!」
ヘルメッポ「悲しいだぁ!?」
コビー「オエッ!頭の中から・・・”声”が・・・ひとつ・・・ひとつ・・・消えてくんだ・・・!!」
ヘルメッポ「はぁ??」

Mantra? Whats that?

Could you translate your spoiler?

DARK
March 24, 2010, 06:28 AM
I wanna see see shanks fight and destroy Akainu. Eversince i saw the wb and shanks clash and the heavens split...I just hope that this time Akainu stays down..

So Shanks is going to "end the war" by fighting Admirals so that the group can escape? That will only lead to an even bigger conflict, once his crew shows up along with him.

urlaub
March 24, 2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah, the conflict escalated just now to a much(if that is even possible) bigger scale. But does Shanks have enough power to determinate or hold off three admirals?

MY GOOOD, SHAAANKS IS A BEAST!!!!

mp44chris
March 24, 2010, 06:47 AM
Mantra? Whats that?

Could you translate your spoiler?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Mantra

yes a translation would be fine here! babel fish gives some weird sentences.

urlaub
March 24, 2010, 06:51 AM
Coby has mantra? WTF????

junjun2
March 24, 2010, 07:06 AM
My English is not good much...but just a try.
Coby says like "I dont know. I'm sad. 'Voice' vanishes from my head one by one"
Wait for a good translation.

urlaub
March 24, 2010, 07:22 AM

The final kicking belongs honorouably to Luffy. But that will take probably some time.

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 07:23 AM
That would be an interesting development if Coby is confirmed to be a mantra user. Is that Benn Beckman with the gun? Woah, he looks very different from the previous times we've seen him. I can't wait to see Yasopp! :tem

urlaub
March 24, 2010, 07:30 AM
Ben Beckman seems to look alot older to me. Hair more gray and stuff. Next chapter we will probably see Jassop and that speedy guy. And if we are fortunate some new developed character. As if Oda hasn't given us a loads of cool ones recentrly already.

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
hahaha I wonder whether we'll see Rockstar on the battlefield. :XD Should be a good moment in this war if it does happen. :amuse

Woah, I didn't even realise until the newer pictures were uploaded but it looks like Coby has a new scar on his forehead?! I wonder how he got that? :blink From Luffy's punch? He couldn't have healed so quickly though. :darn I like the idea of Coby as a mantra user!

00niz
March 24, 2010, 07:40 AM
shanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unthinkable and akainu ataking coby shows hem as bad gay

SirPeanuts
March 24, 2010, 07:45 AM
Guys. I doubt that Shanks is anywhere near Whitebeard's level. Still really awesome that he's decided to make an appearance in the war.

Zehahaha
March 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
If he's not WB level, then the whole Yonkou thing is a BIG JOKE... And better not be like that, or else the NW arc will suck, the marines will be like the big bosses of the world...

SirPeanuts
March 24, 2010, 07:58 AM
Look at the Shichibukai. Gecko Moria and Hawkeyes? They ain't on the same level either. I'm not saying that Shanks isn't strong, but I'm certain that Whitebeard was on a league of his own.

OunknownO
March 24, 2010, 08:10 AM
Look at the Shichibukai. Gecko Moria and Hawkeyes? They ain't on the same level either. I'm not saying that Shanks isn't strong, but I'm certain that Whitebeard was on a league of his own.

in wb league there was only roger and him XD

Bertosch
March 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
WB was old. I guess that Shanks should be nearly as strong as WB was. This is the reason why he has the guts to show up in this "war".

Messiah
March 24, 2010, 08:24 AM
in wb league there was only roger and him XD

yeah
remember the first time we saw WB in anime? he was introduced as the strongest man in the world
so no one NOT EVEN SHANKS was a match for him

chess4
March 24, 2010, 08:28 AM
on the new spoiler, who is on the very bottom picture below ben beckman. is that coby?

Messiah
March 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
on the new spoiler, who is on the very bottom picture below ben beckman. is that coby?

the one screaming and crying? yeah that's him

urlaub
March 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
Shanks stops Akainu even casually for me. Just being serious and making serious statements. And finding Luffy's hat. Everyone was wondering about that shit, whos gonna get it and stuff.

But I repeat myself here: can Shank's crew take on all the three admirals? Altough Ben Beckman made Kizaru raise his hands it seems. And Shanks stopping Akainu casually also.