PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 579 Discussion / 580 Prediction

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

johnnyb7
March 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
Whitebeard and Roger were not in their own league alone. Garp and Sengoku were in it too I'd say.

frontaLobotomy
March 24, 2010, 08:53 AM
Akainu did look a little unnerved at the sight of Shanks. He mentioned in an earlier chapter how Haki users were a bother, I'd imagine someone who we can assume has the strongest Haki out there for the moment would have no trouble putting an Admiral away. All 3 would be a big ask, I doubt even Roger would have fought 3 Admirals in his prime. Shanks' crew must be awesomely strong though, given he has no fleet under his command like Whitebeard had, and still reigns as a Yonkou.

Would it be premature to speculate that the former Whitebeard Pirates will join up with Shanks after this war? He did ask Marco to join in the past, even if it was just for the jokes. It's a big fleet, someone other than Luffy will no doubt benefit from it.

ocajavati
March 24, 2010, 08:56 AM
Shanks might be a match for the old, weakened WB.

But WB in his prime? Yeah. Not comparable.

I have little to no doubt that Roger/WB can take down all three admirals in their prime. Anyone else remember how fast WB trumped Ace at each assassination attempt? He was already old then, so sit on that.

I would assume WB at his end is roughly equal to the strength of the other three Yonkou.

lelouche123
March 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
in wb league there was only roger and him XD

dont forget garp , him managed corner roger many times

jomir
March 24, 2010, 09:06 AM
Man.. it keeps getting interesting

Ero-Sanji
March 24, 2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah, Garp and Sengoku are in that tier as well. Roger and Garp nearly killed each other many times. In fact so many times they became best frenemies, getting so close that Roger entrusted his only child to Garp.

menino
March 24, 2010, 09:13 AM
EPIC, i love to see shanks again, but i hope the dont meet if luffy, not yet.

the real strawhat is on the scene. [2]

SirPeanuts
March 24, 2010, 09:15 AM
in wb league there was only roger and him XD

Yeah, exactly what I've been tryna say xD

maravish
March 24, 2010, 09:24 AM
Whitebeard and Roger were not in their own league alone. Garp and Sengoku were in it too I'd say.

Garp and Sengoku never defeated Whitebeard and Roger; Garp was only said to have cornered Roger. The only person that tied against Roger was Whitebeard; Sengoku and Garp came close but were defeated. So, Whitebeard and Roger are in a league of their own.

and its great to see Shanks actually came to this war. hopefully we'll get a sneak peak at his crews power

gesgift
March 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
The better image we got from Ben Eckman was realy great, can't wait for the rest!

RichardMNixon
March 24, 2010, 09:31 AM
So now for the ridiculous question. Did Coby make everyone pause because he has some very dormant haki, or was he just loud?

lelouche123
March 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
Garp and Sengoku never defeated Whitebeard and Roger; Garp was only said to have cornered Roger. The only person that tied against Roger was Whitebeard; Sengoku and Garp came close but were defeated. So, Whitebeard and Roger are in a league of their own.

and its great to see Shanks actually came to this war. hopefully we'll get a sneak peak at his crews power

so what

whitebeard never deated roger and neither do roger defeated whitebeard , i think than its the same with garp

im never read than garp and sengoku had been defeated

maravish
March 24, 2010, 10:19 AM
so what

whitebeard never deated roger and neither do roger defeated whitebeard , i think than its the same with garp

im never read than garp and sengoku had been defeated

yeah your right, it was never stated. but, it said that whitebeard was the ONLY one to tie with roger. That would mean that Garp and Sengoku lost to him wouldnt it ?

msg
March 24, 2010, 10:19 AM
So now for the ridiculous question. Did Coby make everyone pause because he has some very dormant haki, or was he just loud?

Nah he's just being loud (and brash).He interrupted the fight between Akainu, Wb pirates and croco.he shouted " wait, hold on!".That's how i see it in the spoilers.I guess he couldn't stand all the blood shed going on around him.

I think that small "interruption" is a small turning point of this arc, hence Shanks commented his "bravery" and his speech could change the outcome of the war.Even garp is suprise at this

maravish
March 24, 2010, 10:21 AM
How come both Shanks and Whitebeard called Coby and Luffy a term that included 'green'? Shanks called Coby Green marine and Whitebeard called Luffy a greenhorn. Does that have any significance?

Romanov D Paul
March 24, 2010, 10:24 AM
I guess it's "young, unmature", or something in the line. Oh, and seeing Ben pointing a gun at Kizaru and the admiral consequentialy chilling out, make me guess if Haki can be charged trough guns as well... When the damn is the chap going out? We had complete spoiler last night... Get to work, you lazy bums :D.

Edit: forgot to mention, also Sengoku called BB a "greenhorn" in the Mangastream scanslation, wich is translated into "young one" in Onemanga, hence you do the math :).

chess4
March 24, 2010, 10:25 AM
How come both Shanks and Whitebeard called Coby and Luffy a term that included 'green'? Shanks called Coby Green marine and Whitebeard called Luffy a greenhorn. Does that have any significance?

green is just a slang term for inexperienced

the6millionbeliman
March 24, 2010, 10:25 AM

Not really. Just an expression. Jewelry makers would heat up horns for some of their materials, and if you got it too hot it turned green (which was common for a beginner to do) hence 'greenhorns', or at least that's my understanding of the expression.

Loreus
March 24, 2010, 11:12 AM
Ive been waiting to see Ben in action since chap. 1 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ero-Sanji
March 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
So I was right to think it was beckmann?

But why the long hair... again?
Back in the day he was young with long black hair, then he had short and gray hair at the time Mihawk payed a visit at Shank's island. Guess Oda forgot that?

Anyway seeing Ben again is amazing he was my favorite until Sanji arrived.

Dragon Slayer
March 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
Ive been waiting to see Ben in action since chap. 1 :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

whoz ben????

lelouche123
March 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
yeah your right, it was never stated. but, it said that whitebeard was the ONLY one to tie with roger. That would mean that Garp and Sengoku lost to him wouldnt it ?

its ok maybe are ponts of view ,what i mean is that the marine should have people in the same tier , and those would be garp and sengoku , but that is i think neither do i mean than i have the real true

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 11:23 AM
Beckman = Awesome :D

Coby = Awesome. Who would say that the kid that was running away almost 15 chapters ago would now put himself in front of an admiral and several soldiers and ask them to stop.

Can't wait to read the chapter.
[hr]

whoz ben????
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Benn_Beckman

that guy.
[hr]
Haha Kizaru surrendered xD

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 11:29 AM
Not really. Just an expression. Jewelry makers would heat up horns for some of their materials, and if you got it too hot it turned green (which was common for a beginner to do) hence 'greenhorns', or at least that's my understanding of the expression.

green·horn (grnhôrn)
n.
1. An inexperienced or immature person, especially one who is easily deceived.
2. A newcomer, especially one who is unfamiliar with the ways of a place or group.

[Middle English greene horn, horn of a newly slaughtered animal : grene, green; see green + horn, horn; see horn.]

zerocooldx
March 24, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hmm i just realized that pretty much all of the Red Haired pirates that we have seen seem to always wear some type of a coat or cloak on their backs. Also for some reason i really want to see Rockstar again.

Black Lagoon
March 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
Beckman = Awesome :D

Coby = Awesome. Who would say that the kid that was running away almost 15 chapters ago would now put himself in front of an admiral and several soldiers and ask them to stop.

Can't wait to read the chapter.

Hmm ... that equation isn't always true, it fails when cowardice pursues him. :oh

FyreFistAce
March 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hmm ... that equation isn't always true, it fails when cowardice pursues him. :oh

Coby witnessed Akainu kill alot of people yet he still had the ballz to stand in front of him and give a speech. I consider that far from cowardice.

Black Lagoon
March 24, 2010, 12:27 PM
Coby witnessed Akainu kill alot of people yet he still had the ballz to stand in front of him and give a speech. I consider that far from cowardice.

Agreed, that why I said "that equation isn't always true"
But wait how can you be sure that he stood in front of him :blink
Akainu is fast, so when he heard Coby saying bullshits he decided to get ride of him. ^^

moonster x
March 24, 2010, 12:41 PM
Agreed, that why I said "that equation isn't always true"
But wait how can you be sure that he stood in front of him :blink
Akainu is fast, so when he heard Coby saying bullshits he decided to get ride of him. ^^

coby stood in front akainu with open hand and say the hell of the word..:darn

Zatono
March 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
Uh oh. Looks like Kizaru is about to eat some lead, and Akainu looks mildly scared at Shanks about to kick his ass. What an epic chapter. The next one is sure to be much, much better though.

deffkryz
March 24, 2010, 01:01 PM
*reading LQ raw* Um... um... OMG, Kizaru got Buggy!!! No wait - he just scared him a bit. Hilarious scene... ^_^

But Coby... Garp's expression is disturbing somehow - it's like he realizes that he's about to lose another "grandson", isn't it?

fistsofrage
March 24, 2010, 01:02 PM
Shanks first mate is awesome. When he points a gun even kizaru gets scared.

msg
it looks to me Beckman is not holding a gun but his trademark rifle in one hand.Epic!!Somebody gonna eat lead.Not just an ordinary lead...:amuse

...and Coby deserve a medal and a promotion!

aceventura
Oda's doing it again...we'll keep asking for more! The next is going to be awesome. Akainu gets owned! Kizaru gets a taste of what's been coming for him. other rookies on da way...

BurninDarkness
March 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
why did ben not just shoot kizaru though
the matter would have ended there

Amazeroth
March 24, 2010, 01:41 PM
other rookies on da way...
I can't believe the other rookies actually would come to this war. On SA they all were scared and beat by Kizaru, so why would they go to a place, where the whole marine force is waiting for them? That wouldn't make sense, in my opinion.

happy GIN smily
March 24, 2010, 01:47 PM
as far as i could see, the WB-commanders were raped again by Akainu. Although i did not expect anything else from them, i am still disapointed by this.

if all pirates from the New World are such pussys it, will be a piece of cake for Luffy to become Pirate King.

Schabrak
March 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
Luffy has even less chances against Akainu, so why so depressed? You did hope for a wonder, knew that it would not come, and are still disapointed about..., that is unintelligible to me.

why did ben not just shoot kizaru though
the matter would have ended there
The goal is to end this war without anymore casualities, none on both sides, so I don't expect many dead bodies next chapter.

Marche
March 24, 2010, 02:06 PM
Luffy has even less chances against Akainu, so why so depressed? You did hope for a wonder, knew that it would not come, and are still disapointed about..., that is unintelligible to me.

The goal is to end this war without anymore casualities, none on both sides, so I don't expect many dead bodies next chapter.If Shanks will know (by Garp, Buggy, Koby, Hancock (but I don't think, She will not tell, almost she will execute Akainu herself), Marco or by Akainu himself) than Ace was the Roger's son (and than Akainu killed him), and in than also He almost killed Rufy, He will kill Akainu, and perhaps (after give to Rufy and WB pirates enough time for the retreat) He will continue the war.
I think this because http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/33/

Dragon Slayer
March 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
is the chapter out yet???

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
i dont think BB is gonna stop now he really got cocky . next chapter we might see dragon's reaction . and where the hell are the five old guys .
as someone pointed out did kaidou lose and do we get to see him soon , if it took so long for shanks to be there i guess a battle broke out between the two then again shanks doesnt seem wounded .
and what the hell is it with the big talk i will stop this war is he playing the saviour or is he gonna start lecturing them this a drag and really needs to stop or else oda better come up with something better in the new world i mean why not just bring the other emperors along with dragon seriously oda needs to stop and go back to simple things like the SHs and there little adventures .
and appearantly garp the hero is still sad and not in the mood actually anyone will enjoy BB having his butt on a plate and garp should do it .
this chapter is making things complicated i really liked the idea of a time skip its simlpe no one will complain and the story gets to preserve more things this feels like oda got sick of one piece and wanted to end it soon .

is the chapter out yet???

no scans appearantly but you can have the raw as appetizers

ScratchmenApoo
March 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
A time skip is completely unnecessary now.
I just hope Oda takes advantage of the situation and will concentrate more on the other Strawhats while Luffy is recovering. I'm sure Shanks will stay nearby and cheer him up a little.
Maybe even have a fatherly conversation with him about the war and Ace...

zerocooldx
March 24, 2010, 02:29 PM
A time skip is completely unnecessary now.
I just hope Oda takes advantage of the situation and will concentrate more on the other Strawhats while Luffy is recovering. I'm sure Shanks will stay nearby and cheer him up a little.
Maybe even have a fatherly conversation with him about the war and Ace...

I believe that Oda said in an interview that this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old. So some type of a time skip is most certainly coming. And the manga does need a time skip, because the world needs to absorb everything that has just happened. Falmingo was right, whomever wins this war will decide the direction of the world. And we can't see that change over night, time needs to pass for things to settle into place.

Finale
March 24, 2010, 02:31 PM
The marines were willing to continue the war because they had basically routed the WB pirates. A rout is a disorganized retreat. During this time they would be able to inflict alot more casulties on them. Its not like if the WB pirates get away they are going to become law abiding citizens. Pursuing them is in all honesty the right thing to do. They may have completed their objective but they really had no reason to stop. As far as BB is concerned Sengoku seems to be doing more than ok against him and his crew. If he were losing more marine forces would've focused on BB. With Shanks arrival the marines are now faced with the question of fighting a fresh force and the WB pirate remnants or simply dropping things and letting the score stay the way it is. The WG took massive casulities in defeating the WB pirates and in their current state they know they likely cant afford to face the Red Hairs without suffering even more horrendous losses.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 02:41 PM

I know it isn't. It applies to this chapter only (for now) xD

Lunatic Scream
March 24, 2010, 02:45 PM
mangastream scanlation is out!

...Seriously, this war has had like 50 seperate heroic entries by like 100 different people, but this one might be my favorite. Everyone just made an "oh shit" face when Shanks showed up. I half expected him to say "I came... to get my hat", though.

tiberiuscg
March 24, 2010, 02:45 PM
so coby fainted because shanks used an insane amount of haki to stop sakasuki?

Schabrak
March 24, 2010, 02:50 PM
I believe that Oda said in an interview that this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old. So some type of a time skip is most certainly coming. And the manga does need a time skip, because the wo it rld needs to absorb everything that has just happened. Falmingo was right, whomever wins this war will decide the direction of the world. And we can't see that change over night, time needs to pass for things to settle into place.
When I did turn 18, I had a time skip too, but only from the last night to the noon, when I woke up. :P Why can't we see it live, how things are going to change? Time Skips are for people, who can't think of anything valuable to write about. I like to see a story move on without missing out some action.

Tobi Uchiha
March 24, 2010, 02:52 PM
how on earth is luffy going to get back his strawhat now that the submarine has already departed?

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 02:53 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/1

chapter is out.

going to read now.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 02:55 PM
chapter is out on manga stream.

ScratchmenApoo
March 24, 2010, 02:56 PM
Page 8 on mangastream... Isn't that one of the Whitebeard Division Commanders Akainu just killed ?

Zehahaha
March 24, 2010, 02:57 PM
Shit, Kiriel was defeated by Akainu bastard too... The more i see him, the more i see a goddamn fanatic here...

And how can i say it... Shanks is a man ! He kinda remembers of WB awesome entry at the beginning of the war

GokuBlade
March 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
Page 8 on mangastream... Isn't that one of the Whitebeard Division Commanders Akainu just killed ?

Oh yeah! He got punch pretty badly.

I bet Red Shanks will give back the hate to luffy by getting a whitebeard to do it for him. Anyone see that too?

poobert
I believe that Oda said in an interview that this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old. So some type of a time skip is most certainly coming. And the manga does need a time skip, because the world needs to absorb everything that has just happened. Falmingo was right, whomever wins this war will decide the direction of the world. And we can't see that change over night, time needs to pass for things to settle into place.

Luffy is going to need a good few weeks/months to recover from his injuries. Both physical and mental.

Rather than a time skip, I really hope some focus goes on reuniting the strawhats. By the time it happens, Blackbeard will likely have challenged one of the yonko and won. The marines seem to be changing too. There is a lot of blood lust coming from the admirals and the pascifista, and now there is coby to stand against it all. Despite being weak, I think there are a few marines who would support his idea... Smoker, Garp, and all those more interested in justice rather than simply killing pirates like the admirals (maybe minus Akoji... maybe he was influenced by garp a lot).

ScratchmenApoo
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't "feel" Coby's speech. It could've been the odd translation, but it didn't give me the epicness feeling OP-speeches usually do. It was still good though, even Shanks said so.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 03:03 PM
Can you spell Epic? I sure can, it's called, One piece Chapter 579.

That is the newest definition of epicness. It is.

*faints*

GokuBlade
March 24, 2010, 03:03 PM
I still don't see why he had to come -.- couldn't he have waited? Plus I think I recall some marines saying if there was another Pirate lord coming to fight, the marines will fail

Zehahaha
March 24, 2010, 03:05 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I didn't "feel" Coby's speech. It could've been the odd translation, but it didn't give me the epicness feeling OP-speeches usually do. It was still good though, even Shanks said so.

Thank god that the next generation of Marines won't be like Akainu and those dumb VA... Can't wait to see Smoker, Tashigi, Coby, Helmeppo being some high ranking marines and do a marine soldier job CORRECTLY

@ GokuBlade : That's the case if WB is still alive... Two Yonkou then would be too much for them, but right now, there's the crew of the ex strongest man in the world, some NW pirates crew, and Shanks crew and of course, our lovely fatty : BB bastard

Still thinking about something... Where are you San Juan Wolf ?

Taraku
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/7
Seems Coby has the Mantra.
"From my head a single voice disappeared" - sounds like Mantra, couldn't explain else.
Guess it's interesting, since we didn't see someone outside Sky Island having it.

Zatono
So, Shanks is badass, and Coby just fainted from what was probably a small bit of his haki.

Also, Garp and Sengoku vs BB? Why haven't they ripped him apart already? Garp should be at least on equal standing with WB, perhaps a bit weaker, so BB should have a face full of Marine Ford right about now. Well, no matter what happens next chapter, we're going to really see what 'Red Haired' is really capable of.

Pride~
March 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
You can see white bubbles coming out of Cobys mouth when Shanks saved him from Akainus attack. Oda often uses bubbles when someone uses Haki for example Rayleigh, Shanks on WB´s ship, ... I guess that Shanks Haki was to powerful for him~

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 03:09 PM

There's a few things that feel ackward in the translation, hopefully Carlos Net's translation will clear things up

Lord Rayleigh
March 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
Mangastream lags again ...

Dystopia
March 24, 2010, 03:11 PM
Mangastream lags again ...

http://www.mangareader.net/103-49210-1/one-piece/chapter-579.html

there you go

kkck
March 24, 2010, 03:17 PM
Epic chapter. Wonder how beckham convinced kizaru to stop. I mean, he is just using a gun. He must be user absurdly fast bullets -since kizaru would simply dodge otherwise- which are either charged with haki or made of sea stone.

zerocooldx
March 24, 2010, 03:17 PM
When I did turn 18, I had a time skip too, but only from the last night to the noon, when I woke up. :P Why can't we see it live, how things are going to change? Time Skips are for people, who can't think of anything valuable to write about. I like to see a story move on without missing out some action.

I highly doubt that Luffy's time skip will be like yours. Luffy was out for days after his fight with Crocodile. And here he is now basically hanging on by the skin of his teeth. If anything he will be out for weeks if not a few months after everything he has just gone through. And like i said everything that has just happened in this war needs to be absorbed and processed by the rest of the world. There is no need to rush things or to keep piling on even more things for the sake of progress. The effects of WB's death and BB's rise to power need time to properly spread across the world. If used properly time skips are great progression tool. There is absolutely no need to think that Oda will make any mistakes going forward after this war.

Anyways i'm pretty sure that the voice Coby was hearing was just his conscience or possibly Mantra, but that could be a bit far fetched at this point in his development. And i'm rather surprised that Beckman was able to stop Kizaru dead in his tracks by just aiming a gun towards him. So either Beckman can infuse his gun and bullets with Haki or something or he just uses "special" bullets. Either way Luffy is finally safe and in very capable hands. Although i'm not so sure Coby's actions are going to go over very well with the Marines. Especially since everyone pretty much heard him, and even Garp had a look of pure horror on his face after seeing what Coby was doing. Probably because he clearly defied orders that were just given before hand, which were orders to specifically go after the WB and BB pirates. So there might be some pretty bad consequences for Coby after this war is said and done.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Ok now that I have recovered from the initial shock of the chapter, let me say: zomgthiswasfuckingepicitwasfuckingbrilliantandimstilltrembling.

Ok, sorry...

analysis of the chapter:
I liked Buggy being suspicious of Law and hesitating to give him Luffy and Jinbei. It showed, again, that deep down, Buggy is a nice guy.

The continuous fighting part reminds me of Arabasta, when Vivi was screaming for them to stop the fighting and they were all mad fighting. It really does. Plus, Smoker and Tashigi were also there.

BB is crazy with power right now, it could very well be his own doom. I wonder how come Sengoku and Garp haven't made him die yet.

Tsunami warning, lol.

The Pacifistas crossed over to the other side? how? Did they jump or something? Where's boa btw? And the other Shichibukai?

Oh and where's the division captains and Crocodile? I think that the one that Akainu killed was one of the marines and not that captain.

now I really gotta say, Coby was impressive. He stood in front of Akainu and he was the trigger for the war to start stopping. The Marines will probably ponder about this now. 1000 internets to Coby, even though he fainted after that and said that he was going to die. But he said it: I have no regrets.

I also liked to see Garps concerned face for Coby. Even BB was surprised to hear that.

Akainu's mad face on page 13 bottom left panel. Really crazy.

Shanks entrance - epic. And Coby fainted because of that. We know that shanks haki is gigantic, so that amount made coby faint. He's foaming from his mouth even xD

Luffy has just now escaped. I wonder if Shanks will go and meet him somewhere :D

Kizaru freaking surrendered. I honestly think that if he did that, he knew that he would die if he didn't do it.

Shanks ship is freaking big! It's bigger than a battle ship and those are big by themselves.

And this concludes another amazing chapter.

now I faint again.

~*Enigma*~
March 24, 2010, 03:24 PM
Is there anything good with timeskip?

why do many want a timeskip?
is so that Brook may get a white hair :p

or choppy gets into his teens
or usopp gets .... a new mask ;)

I don't think people want that long of a timeskip. Most likely about a few weeks or months later.

Lord Rayleigh
March 24, 2010, 03:25 PM
Ben Beckman hiding on the top of marine ship while Coby is speaking.
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/10

NoLimit89
March 24, 2010, 03:25 PM
Omg why are these chapters so short? only 14-16 pages?

I'm dying to find out about next weeks ughhh

where are the 18-19 pages of manga that one piece started out with?

anyways, at least its not bleach with its one frame per page rofl.

zerocooldx
March 24, 2010, 03:28 PM

If you are referring to the guy with with exclamation like marks above him then thats not Beckman, its Kizaru.

Kshunsui
March 24, 2010, 03:33 PM
coby had haki? I though he made some pirates and marines faint we he cry

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 03:33 PM

Wow nice finding but I think it's Kizaru and not Beckman...

Since if you look @ kizaru on the same page he is looking down.

Omg why are these chapters so short? only 14-16 pages?

I'm dying to find out about next weeks ughhh

where are the 18-19 pages of manga that one piece started out with?

anyways, at least its not bleach with its one frame per page rofl.

Cause of the double pages. This one had 3 double pages, so in reality, it had 17 pages.

If you are referring to the guy with with exclamation like marks above him then thats not Beckman, its Kizaru.
Agree.

tako-san
March 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHHHH!!!!!!!

coby really manned up! that was epic!

I was one of the people who compleatly rejected the idea of shanks appearing, but dayum was i wrong. i didnt think anyone could look that badass.
i wonder if he is gonna keep his hat or give it back to luffy. hmmm

"Love Cook" Sanji
March 24, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hi everybody! "newbie here!!" lol

Awesome Chapter, can everyone tell me if Coby did just use the haoushoku haki?

Cumps

llmcduff
March 24, 2010, 03:41 PM
Benn Beckman pointed a gun at Kizaru, threatened him, and he stopped. Most curious. Could he be shooting haki bullet? If a first mate of Shanks can stop an admiral w/ a threat, imagine what Shanks power may be.

Kizaru actually put his hands up (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/14)...

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 03:45 PM

Coby!! Wow Coby, great developments here. It seems like Coby has some powers (Haki, Mantra, The power to hear the voice of all things..??)

I know I posted this after seeing the spoilers, but this is really a significant development IMO. Naturally Coby is determined and many have assumed he'd play a bigger role in the second 1/2 of the epic that is OP.
Well here's his "coming out party" so to speak. And not only that but Smoker clearly see that the blood thirst of the Marines is rising.........
Wow. way to lose face guys..

Hmm anyone see Garp stepping in here??
[hr]

Benn Beckman pointed a gun at Kizaru, threatened him, and he stopped. Most curious. Could he be shooting haki bullet? If a first mate of Shanks can stop an admiral w/ a threat, imagine what Shanks power may be.

Kizaru actually put his hands up (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/14)...

Haki or Seastone.. HMMM???

~*Enigma*~
March 24, 2010, 03:46 PM
Well Shanks IS a father figure to Luffy, more than Dragon can ever be. They may not be related by blood but you can't deny they do seem to have a father/son relationship

Umm, I don't think so. It seems that he's more of a role model for Luffy rather than father figure like Naruto and Jiraiya. Luffy hasn't seen him in 10 years since he left the village. What kind of a father is that?

JC123
March 24, 2010, 03:48 PM
If Garp does step in, it's going to have a LOT of consequences. He knows about the bloodthirst of the Marines, and yet I would think he would step in to save Coby at the very least.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 03:48 PM

Yup I pointed that out too xD

Damn Ben sure is freaking powerful. He made a admiral surrender. Epic stuff is epic.

Coby!! Wow Coby, great developments here. It seems like Coby has some powers (Haki, Mantra, The power to hear the voice of all things..??)

I know I posted this after seeing the spoilers, but this is really a significant development IMO. Naturally Coby is determined and many have assumed he'd play a bigger role in the second 1/2 of the epic that is OP.
Well here's his "coming out party" so to speak. And not only that but Smoker clearly see that the blood thirst of the Marines is rising.........
Wow. way to lose face guys..

Hmm anyone see Garp stepping in here??

Haki or Seastone.. HMMM???
True. Coby said he couldn't hear the voice on his head. I can't wait to find out more. I wonder if Coby is a D. xD

Garp was looking from away, maybe this time he'll punch Akainu or something.

Haki most likely. But haki and Seastone would be better :D

Can't wait for the next episode. I'm more excited than I was before about one piece :D

msg
March 24, 2010, 03:50 PM
oh.am.ef.gee!

Epic chapter!Shanks Zomg...i don't know how many times i've said zomg..lol.Curiel! he's down.Thats definitely him with his wb jolly roger on his chin.Akainu is like a crazy rabid dog gnashing anything in his path...even that Oda manage to insert some comedy at that moment - Akainu "who are you?" to coby.
Who says Coby is a coward, he's not he's just lacks confident thats all.
I say hysteria and mania for the marine side, thats whats happening right now...fortunately there's Coby to stop all that.
...and Shank zomg.His ship with all his crew waiting and watching is like seeing moby dick part deux...

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 03:51 PM
If Garp does step in, it's going to have a LOT of consequences. He knows about the bloodthirst of the Marines, and yet I would think he would step in to save Coby at the very least.
I certainly hope so.

That or someone would pick Coby up and give him to Helmeppo or Garp.

Truefan21
March 24, 2010, 03:54 PM
So I guess ben beckham has haki bullets then and is faster than light speed.

Dark Doc.
March 24, 2010, 03:55 PM
Insanely awesome chapter :o
I had to read it a couple of times to get the full epicness!!
Coby's mantra (i think) supprised me:blink I forgot about the whole mantra even excisting...
Kinda liked the speech our young marine gave, didn't know he had it in him ;) and he even got a point.

The entrance of the red-hair Pirates goes even beyond epic, there should be a new word made up for the level of epicness oda pulled out with that!!
He also gave us a nice indicator of the crew's power. Shanks blocks akainu with ease, Beckman stops kizaru with "only" a gun and most of the marines (and new world pirates) shitting themselves.

I however don't think Shanks and his men wil try to crush the marines and show their real powers, but mostly try to ensure the escape of the pirates (and of course Luffy) by acting as a fricking powerfull line between them and the marines. The marines wouldn't risk fighting another (still fresh) Yonkou + crew with BB still going berserk. So this war wil end soon, wich is a good thing because my poor hart couldn't handle the epicness anymore :p

johnnyb7
March 24, 2010, 03:56 PM
So I'm guessing that Ben Beckman can use haki considering Kizaru stopped when he had his pistol on him, and I'm assuming that if used properly any weapons imbued with haki can touch/cut/kill logia users. Kind of fits with an idea of the souls power shining through the devil fruits power. So Beckman could kill Kizaru with his pistol.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/8
No!!! It looks like Curiel was killed by Akainu, or at least really messed up by his lava.

Zatono
So I guess ben beckham has haki bullets then and is faster than light speed.

Well, he doesn't have to be faster then light speed. He just has to shoot his bullet before starts to warp away, since the process to turn into light is a bit on the slow side.

Jadedmariner

Yeah, although I don't know if I'd read too much into it yet. Kizaru loves to feign weakness and joke around.

Mr. Crocodile
March 24, 2010, 03:57 PM
Is it just me or Kizaru is talking funnier than usual in this chapter..lufyyyy, lawww, etc. Does he always do that? I think not..

ScorpionGR
March 24, 2010, 03:57 PM
lol oh my !!!! BEN BECKMAN looooooooool .. hands up you m****** i love that face of kizaruuu

Gol D Ace
March 24, 2010, 03:59 PM
Awesome chapter..shit im still recovering from awesomeness....
makes sense thta if coby is gonna become someone big in the future he would have to have a moment to show everyone he existed...I dont know how oda does it but this arc has been crazy...Crazy i say

llmcduff
March 24, 2010, 04:00 PM
I want to know more about Red Hair's crew abilities. Also, if WB, Garp, and Sengoku are the old guards, Shanks' would be in new guards, along w/ the SN and SH's, agree? Shanks are fairly young. First gen after Roger with SH being the second or maybe third.

Next chapter - Shanks talk to the Marines, then try to talk to BB, trying to end the war. BB refuses and attacks Shanks - end.

I am giddy.

SenninSage
March 24, 2010, 04:01 PM
What an utterly incredible chapter!

Mighty impressive stuff shown here in this chapter by Coby. I'd say, based on just this, he'll become a truly legendary marine, perhaps even an admiral or the Fleet Admiral before too long.

I'm now going to make a prediction, and I feel 80% certain it will end up proving true. Garp, at some later point in this story, will die and Sengoku, yes Sengoku, will go missing for a sizeable period of time and will later re-emerge becoming one of the Strawhat Pirates where he will come to learn that not all pirates are unjust or criminals.

Sengoku will go into seclusion at one point and re-emerge eventually becoming a Straw Hat Pirate

Zatono
March 24, 2010, 04:08 PM
Can someone tell me what's going on with Coby here? Top left panel. What the hell is he doing? Vomiting?

evozoku
March 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
Jeez, seeing how fast Shanks appeared out of nowhere when Coby let his heart out, you'd think it was some magic connection. Who knows, maybe Coby is Shanks' son! (similar style, and red hair vs. pink hair).

But actually I liked seeing Garp's reaction to Coby being in trouble. It was like seeing a father seeing his son suddenly in danger. And Oda! You trickster and distracter! It makes you think that Garp is going to rush in there and stop Akainu's attack... never expecting it to be Shanks!

Now what do you suppose it means that Coby's few second delay has changed the fate of the world? The only thing it changed was Akainu would have killed a few more pirates in those few seconds.

And now it's so sad because Luffy and Shanks are at the same place for the first time, only with Luffy unconscious and being immediately whisked away. I hope Luffy meets up with him soon though and gets his hat back, even though we rarely see him wearing it anymore.

One last thing, when Coby said a single voice disappeared, first thing I thought was Luffy's voice (him being close to Luffy). Is it possible that Luffy has somewhat died, and will have to be quickly be revived from death by Trafalgar? He is known as the "surgeon of death" and "dark doctor". Maybe these nicknames have more meaning than him being both bloodthirsty and a doctor.

CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER!!

SenninSage
Can someone tell me what's going on with Coby here? Top left panel. What the hell is he doing? Vomiting?

Probably passed out from the power of Shank's spirit or Haki, just like all those various members of Whitebeard's own crew started passing out as Shanks was walking past them.

Man, I can't wait to see more examples of just how powerful Shanks truly is. I wonder if Kizaru is truly at Beckman's mercy right now.

Duc :D
Ben Beckman aka Badass Im sure he totally kicks ass since Kizarus. Ben Beckmaaaaan conveys it and yeah I know Kizaru has ofte pretended to be afraid of something because he's jsut a playful dude. Shanks entrance was epic(actually each week deserves this adjective) and I want to see Loui Lou and Yasopp once again. Im glad that Law and Luffy seem to leave now because I want luffy to meet shanks in the New World, which also means Shanks will either keep the strawhat or give it to someone to return it to luffy in order for luffy to return it to shanks in the New World :P.

the pirate Akainu owned, the one here

thats one of the division commanders isn't he? Im afraid he is done for although I have no idea what his name is.

something I just realized

who is this on the ship with the "!" Bubble is it Kizaru

damane08
March 24, 2010, 04:13 PM
A while back when Luffy punched Coby and he was frothing from the mouth, a lot of people said it was a haki punch and after reading this chapter it seems like that's the case.

Yea I have no idea if this was already brought up but when I saw Coby that's what came to mind.
Luffy did use haki to punch him, granted he wasn't aware of it.

~*Enigma*~

It looks like drool, or maybe tears, or snot. Or all three! :D

drzcoyotex3
wow amazing the big three, bleach one piece, and naruto they all have great characters returning lol, tsunade aint that cool tho

well shanks is here finally i always wanted to see him fight him being one of my favorites, this chapter was epic and benn beckmans entrance was badass

evozoku
March 24, 2010, 04:17 PM
Is it just me or Kizaru is talking funnier than usual in this chapter..lufyyyy, lawww, etc. Does he always do that? I think not..

Yes, he typically does. He was introduced doing that.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 04:17 PM
Sengoku will go into seclusion at one point and re-emerge eventually becoming a Straw Hat Pirate

One of the few times I disagree with you.

It won't happen.

He's probably "not in control of his body". He's foaming later on the chapter, but on that page it seems like the desperation has hit him so hard that he can't control his levels of salivation.

But he could be vomiting.

On the same page, Tashigi looked so much like Robin that now I feel depressed.

Isto
March 24, 2010, 04:18 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/5

Here bb has all his teeths attached, what kind of theory u guys get up with that?

msg
Thats not it thats before he met shanks.Hes salivating in despair and pain.Something messing up his head.Mantra? or is it something else?

As for Coby foaming besides Shanks, thats definitely haki caused.I guess Shanks and Akainu 's haki is too much for him.

I think Kizaru not being serious like "oooh, thats scary" kinda of thing.Also he likes to drag his tone when speaking

Zatono
Probably passed out from the power of Shank's spirit or Haki, just like all those various members of Whitebeard's own crew started passing out as Shanks was walking past them.

No, the page I posted is before that happened.

Also...another thing. I think this chapter, and a chapter a long time ago, proved that Shanks got his scar from BB while he was on Rogers ship. Just look at his flag.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/03/
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/14

It's got the scar on it. Now, Shanks became a pirate a long, long time ago, shortly after Roger's death, and I assume he had a flag. No self respecting pirate would change there flag, right?

Sachsenhesse
March 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
ben beckmann <3

somehow i like the vizes more then most of the captains

chess4
March 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
as far as i could see, the WB-commanders were raped again by Akainu. Although i did not expect anything else from them, i am still disapointed by this.

if all pirates from the New World are such pussys it, will be a piece of cake for Luffy to become Pirate King.

dont be dissapointed. lets not forget for the WB is dead, ace was tied up now he is dead, thatch is dead, and now jozu is frozen, so of the top 5 WB pirates only one is still fighting. the other WB pirates just seem to be about as strong as the other new world captains. the 3 admirals are in a diffrent league than the other WB pirates. z

Mr. Crocodile
March 24, 2010, 04:23 PM
Pandaman made it safely to the Sabaondy Archipelago lol!! http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/6

chess4
March 24, 2010, 04:32 PM

damn dude, great eyes! seems like buggy is actually concerned about luffy and jinbei a little.

i am really looking to shanks and buggy's reunion. its been a long time coming. both of roger's brats are now on the scene

MeramEranomi
March 24, 2010, 04:34 PM
Does the fact that Shanks and co. are here meant they beat up Kaidou? or maybe they just slipped pass him?

Kizaru seems really scared of 1st mate Ben.

Benzino
March 24, 2010, 04:35 PM
Now what do you suppose it means that Coby's few second delay has changed the fate of the world? The only thing it changed was Akainu would have killed a few more pirates in those few seconds.

if coby didnt interfere law and luffy would be dead by now! because kizaru also listened to coby when he was about to shoot them

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure if Kizaru is holding his hands up in submission or not, but kinda does seem like it.
However Kizaru seems to mock his enemies (eg. Marco, Luffy, etc)
So it's too soon IMO to say Kizaru's intentions...

I'd love to see him get shown up either way...

Beckman just seems so cool and collected...Pimp!

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 04:37 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/5

Here bb has all his teeths attached, what kind of theory u guys get up with that?

Hahaha xD What a mistake xD

But this happens a lot in manga and anime. They lose their teeth and they magically re-appear xD

Also...another thing. I think this chapter, and a chapter a long time ago, proved that Shanks got his scar from BB while he was on Rogers ship. Just look at his flag.

It's got the scar on it. Now, Shanks became a pirate a long, long time ago, shortly after Roger's death, and I assume he had a flag. No self respecting pirate would change there flag, right?

Well he was a pirate in training on Roger's ship. After Roger died or even before he died, when the Roger Pirates disbanded, he probably formed his own Pirate crew. But the thing is, he probably gained that scar when fighting against WB's crew.

Maybe not, but I don't think that we'll be having an answer to that soon.

Pandaman made it safely to the Sabaondy Archipelago lol!! http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/6
Good. @ least we know he's alive :D

evozoku
March 24, 2010, 04:43 PM
Shanks sure is a hard one to figure out. He was part of Roger's crew, who committed acts that made people fear them, and others want revenge. He seems to enjoy fighting, even just for fun (like his matches with Mihawk). He stands as opposition to the WG. But then he stops Kaidou from going to Marine Ford as well; if WB and Kaidou fought the WG, the battle's outcome could have been different. Then he himself goes to Marineford to end the battle; this being significant in that he seems to want peace between the two sides. He's likely not going to kill Akainu, Ben isn't going to off Kizaru like it looks like he could, and he's going to try to stop BB from going on his rampage (he's really making sure to protect marines here too).

So what is Shanks' motive as a pirate? Is he a pirate that fights for peace? Is he just playing a role of balance in the world? Are his actions just a more subtle approach to changing the fate of the world, knowing that it can't be done by destroying each other?

Also, what's with the top members of his crew all wearing cloaks? http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Red_hair_pirates_present.jpg

Razh
March 24, 2010, 04:45 PM

I think it was either while he was a Roger pirate or while he was searching for his crew. I'm opting for the first since I don't think he had much encounters with Whitebeard pirates while he was recruiting.

Btw, that flag of his appeared on the first page of the first chapter (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/04/).

About Blackbeard's teeth, I wouldn't put too much significance in it. Oda probably just doesn't care. Either that, or Blackbeard has 10 different heads.

Paccu-Jay Official
March 24, 2010, 04:45 PM
OMGGGGGGG such an epic epic chapter. I literally was shaking around on my seat arms everywhere when I saw shanks !!!!

And go you Coby !!! soo brave !! for a bit i thought he was a bit spineless .... and even after he said that stuff today....and was about to get killed i thought hed pussy out but in fact he took that very bravley , hes obviously got the strongest will in the marines to be able to say something like that !

but omg shanks looked soo epic , and that guy beck !! so epic , i can 100% say that he must have shooting skills fast enough to keep kizaru tame !! and i lovee kizaru and the way he talks lool soo epic !!! aikinus an idiot .... i cant really read blackbeard...hes not really evil just like a bit of a rebel...a greedy one too !! one piece never fails me each week , you know , since ive been counting every chapter thats blown me away i can say its been about the past 30 weeks worth to date !! and its gunna continue !

evozoku
March 24, 2010, 04:47 PM
Good. @ least we know he's alive :D

Yeah. It would be too much to lose Pandaman in this arc too. First Ace, then Whitebeard, and then Pandaman? I wouldn't be able to handle it :(

joyner
March 24, 2010, 04:50 PM
damn dude, great eyes! seems like buggy is actually concerned about luffy and jinbei a little.

I think its Shanks not Ben Beckman.

Buggy threw luffy and jinbei because kizaru is aiming for those two. He didnt threw them to save them but he did that in order to save his self.

Max Mojito
March 24, 2010, 04:52 PM
why does ben beckman look so old from the beginning of the manga but shanks looks pretty much the same... they still badass cant wait to see yassop and the chubby guy eating meat all the time i forgot his name... ihope they have some epic moments but shanks crew is by far the most badass of the entire manga even more than white beard or any other crew ( apart from SH crew )

chess4
March 24, 2010, 04:52 PM
i wonder if buggy join forces with shanks again

Gats
March 24, 2010, 04:53 PM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/618/ussopx.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/ussopx.jpg/)

OunknownO
March 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
I think that thirst for battle is somehow connected to Yami Yami no Mi fruit

superman97
March 24, 2010, 04:54 PM
Shanks sure is a hard one to figure out. He was part of Roger's crew, who committed acts that made people fear them, and others want revenge. He seems to enjoy fighting, even just for fun (like his matches with Mihawk). He stands as opposition to the WG. But then he stops Kaidou from going to Marine Ford as well; if WB and Kaidou fought the WG, the battle's outcome could have been different. Then he himself goes to Marineford to end the battle; this being significant in that he seems to want peace between the two sides. He's likely not going to kill Akainu, Ben isn't going to off Kizaru like it looks like he could, and he's going to try to stop BB from going on his rampage (he's really making sure to protect marines here too).

So what is Shanks' motive as a pirate? Is he a pirate that fights for peace? Is he just playing a role of balance in the world? Are his actions just a more subtle approach to changing the fate of the world, knowing that it can't be done by destroying each other?

Also, what's with the top members of his crew all wearing cloaks? http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Red_hair_pirates_present.jpg
Well Shanks is the most powerful pirate that currently knows the true history of the world. Between Whitebeard saying thats Blackbeard is not the pirates Roger was waiting for, Rayleigh saying a new crew is meant to find one piece, and Shanks saying Coby changed the fate of the world by saving Luffys life. I think it is safe to say Shanks interest lies in whatever he learned about the history of the world, and not unecessary bloodshed.

I dont know if you ever read the Romance Dawn story, but in it there are two types of pirates, and some are somewhat peaceful like Luffy is in One Piece. I think its safe to say Shanks and Whitebeard are also.

evozoku
March 24, 2010, 04:55 PM
why does ben beckman look so old from the beginning of the manga but shanks looks pretty much the same... they still badass cant wait to see yassop and the chubby guy eating meat all the time i forgot his name... ihope they have some epic moments but shanks crew is by far the most badass of the entire manga even more than white beard or any other crew ( apart from SH crew )

Chubby guy is Lucky Roo.

Ben does look seriously old here. I thought it was Rayleigh at first! Shanks must be somewhat younger than 40 (as he still looked like a kid, maybe teen, when Roger's pirates disbanded, and it's been only 20 years since Roger's death.)

lelouche123
March 24, 2010, 04:55 PM
its awesome the appear of shanks ,
but i thnk this is enough , no one against no one , is a good moment to finish this before that start to bore

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 05:00 PM
I think it was either while he was a Roger pirate or while he was searching for his crew. I'm opting for the first since I don't think he had much encounters with Whitebeard pirates while he was recruiting.

Btw, that flag of his appeared on the first page of the first chapter (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/04/).

About Blackbeard's teeth, I wouldn't put too much significance in it. Oda probably just doesn't care. Either that, or Blackbeard has 10 different heads.

And he already had the scar.

Yeah. It would be too much to lose Pandaman in this arc too. First Ace, then Whitebeard, and then Pandaman? I wouldn't be able to handle it :(

Indeed

I think its Shanks not Ben Beckman.

Buggy threw luffy and jinbei because kizaru is aiming for those two. He didnt threw them to save them but he did that in order to save his self.

Nah its Kizaru and not either of the 2.

If you zoom in on the page, you can see a "dot" that resembles Kisaru's arm/hand

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/618/ussopx.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/ussopx.jpg/)
:o

:tem

:D Epic

Esg876
March 24, 2010, 05:00 PM
Wonder what the voices in Cobys head are... he said a single one disappeared and I'm wondering if he just got conscious and realized Aced died for the first time. Maybe hes connected to the D's somehow and that voice was Aces... probably not but seems weird since he said a single voice disappeared and Marines did die from the start of the battle.

Also, maybe Law is called a dark surgeon since he can save ppl either by changing organs between two people or their life force, so maybe Jimbei sacrifices whats left of his life to save Luffy? I dont see Jimbei surviving this arc since I think the blocked hit went through him much like Ace but not sure. Either way epic chapter and can't wait till next weeks...

~*Enigma*~
March 24, 2010, 05:02 PM
Sorry to be off topic but,

I've heard a rumor that Lucky Roo is the fastest character in One Piece. Where did fans come up with this? Faster than light?

ScratchmenApoo
March 24, 2010, 05:09 PM
Ben Beckman was already old in his last appearance. I don't quite remember the manga part but in the latest anime scene, he already had gray hair and an old-looking face.

It was thought that Lucky Roux is fast because of the first scenes where he got next to the mountain-bandit in a flash and headshotted him (anime). He did that unnoticed so everyone got pumped up that he is super fast. I think he is like a lot of OP characters (Zoro, Brook, Shiryuu, Luffy, Sanji) who have superhuman speed, so nothing special there.

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 05:13 PM
Wonder what the voices in Cobys head are... he said a single one disappeared and I'm wondering if he just got conscious and realized Aced died for the first time. Maybe hes connected to the D's somehow and that voice was Aces... probably not but seems weird since he said a single voice disappeared and Marines did die from the start of the battle....

Well in the next frame after that we see a pirate shoot a marine in the chest.
I'm guessing he died and Coby somehow felt it..
like Aisa ( I think that's her name..) That girl from Skypiea.....

shluffy
March 24, 2010, 05:14 PM
Someone please clarify some things for me:

When Shanks gave Luffy his straw hat, was he already a Yonkou at that time and how do we know that?

Also here, before Shanks says "Well done..young marine....", is that Coby falling unconscious or something? What's going on with him in that picture? Is he fainting due to Shanks' haki? http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/13

winterwyrm
March 24, 2010, 05:18 PM
Someone please clarify some things for me:

When Shanks gave Luffy his straw hat, was he already a Yonkou at that time and how do we know that?

Also here, before Shanks says "Well done..young marine....", is that Coby falling unconscious or something? What's going on with him in that picture? Is he fainting due to Shanks' haki? http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/13

We don't have clarification on that, though shanks is probably stronger now than he was, his ship is very different for one.

Also, it's probably haki due to colby's mouth foaming, but it could be his injuries or even from shock at being attacked by akainu.

Btw, after reading this chapter, I fully understand now why aokiji did not pursue the strawhats at EL, and why the other admirals are not more aggressive, perhaps it's out of respect for life.

bittman
March 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry to be off topic but,

I've heard a rumor that Lucky Roo is the fastest character in One Piece. Where did fans come up with this? Faster than light?

A databook somewhere I think. And the "fastest character" title was given in a pretty early databook, most likely well before the introduction of Kizaru, or even Soru and Gear 2.

There's a bit of symbolism here, that Coby's tears seem to come from the pain of the marines.

Coby hearing things was the only interesting thing in this chapter. Rest of it was just plain cameo and completely unbelievable bullshit.

Why are bad guys always so blind? It's not like Shanks' ship could have arrived at Mach 4 speed, should have been spotted from miles away. And how could a whole battlefield stop to listen to a random marine? Either Coby has a voice loud enough to make nearby listeners ears bleed and brains explode, or manga-sound physics works again.

Thought this was a dull cameo chapter after the spoilers, but somewhat reserved judgement until I saw the full thing and a translation. Absolutely nothing interesting here except another cameo, and if cameos are all it takes to keep you interested then you and I are not on the same page.

This war shouldn't even go on for one more chapter. If 580 is not the end of this arc I'll consider Naruto more interesting in that week by default.

Ratatosk
March 24, 2010, 05:28 PM
Woah, Coby's a hero.

So does that mean Coby has that ability the priests/ random little girl on Skypeia had of hearing people's 'voices'? Or did Luffy's Haki-punch (which I totally missed at the time) knock some sense into him? Or is it just a confusing translation? Because surely a lot more than one voice should've disappeared by now..

It sucks that Luffy probably won't get to meet Shanks, but I am impressed with Trafalgar Law for taking the opportunity of running while he can. 99.9% of the 'strong' idiots in this manga would've waited around to see what was going to happen, and missed their chance of survival.

SuperShuter
March 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
Nothing compares to one piece shanks reminds me on Kenji from 20th century boys. Same type of personality what he's like to luffy is similar to kenji was to kanna. They both got that ragged wise look and his late epic appearance is sort of like kenji's

Bigall
March 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
Shanks saved Coby... Funny thing, he may not be aware that Coby is Luffy's friend... Shanks has finally recovered his straw-hat... The end of the arc must be near...

SuperShuter
March 24, 2010, 05:36 PM
A databook somewhere I think. And the "fastest character" title was given in a pretty early databook, most likely well before the introduction of Kizaru, or even Soru and Gear 2.

There's a bit of symbolism here, that Coby's tears seem to come from the pain of the marines.

Coby hearing things was the only interesting thing in this chapter. Rest of it was just plain cameo and completely unbelievable bullshit.

Why are bad guys always so blind? It's not like Shanks' ship could have arrived at Mach 4 speed, should have been spotted from miles away. And how could a whole battlefield stop to listen to a random marine? Either Coby has a voice loud enough to make nearby listeners ears bleed and brains explode, or manga-sound physics works again.

Thought this was a dull cameo chapter after the spoilers, but somewhat reserved judgement until I saw the full thing and a translation. Absolutely nothing interesting here except another cameo, and if cameos are all it takes to keep you interested then you and I are not on the same page.

This war shouldn't even go on for one more chapter. If 580 is not the end of this arc I'll consider Naruto more interesting in that week by default.

some people were thinking he might have mantra, he did step in the way of akainu which caught attention. I like some of the cameo because its executed nicely in one piece. If your bothered about that I don't know why your reading one piece or shounan for that matter

jiminy
March 24, 2010, 05:38 PM

I think you've misunderstood Kaidou's motives. He wanted to delay or stop WB from advancing towards MHQ. Kaidou did not want to go and fight alongside WB. My interpretations of it btw.

Coby was screaming pretty loud I guess. Garp was even able to hear him amidst all the gun shots and screams going around during the war.

And Shanks could have appeared from underwater, which explains why he was not detected. You also have to say the same thing for BB and how he was undetected when he arrived. The pirates and marines are more focused on the battle in front of them than from afar where there may be oncoming ships

cobrahc
March 24, 2010, 05:40 PM

Isnt like everyone stopped to listen to Coby.
As you can see in the page 10 theres a marine falling down (probably being hit) and another marine in the back shooting. It show that some people was still fighting.

Probably what called people attention was a marine trying to stop another marine... an admiral.

We dont know the route SHanks used to get to the battlefield. Maybe he just appeared from the bottom of the sea as WB did. In addiction, with everyone paying attention to Kizaru rampage and BB using his new DF, the ship could have easily sneaked through.

Its a good chapter. Coby showing something that looks like mantra. Garp and "Budha" opposing BB pirates. Buggy at first protecting Luffy/Jimbei wanting to know who that pirate was before giving them to him.

--edit

I really dont think Garp heard the beginning of the speech. Look, after Coby started the speech there was still a lot of people fighting. The first one to notice the marine stopping the admiral was BB. Garp is fighting BB and see he's looking to the commotion. Them, Garp pay attention and see the situation and probably focus to listen... If he heard it, its probably not loud enough, since he isnt sure if its Coby or not.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/12

Truefan21
March 24, 2010, 05:46 PM

it looks more like foaming to me

k-dom
March 24, 2010, 05:49 PM
Yes Coby is definitly more interessant than Shanks on this chapter. The voice in the head is indeed quite misterious. But Smoker also react as if he was feeling the marine crazyness. Anyway Garp must be proud of his pupil.

Do you think that Ben Beckman bullet are made of seastone so that he can threaten Kizaru with a gun ? That is not really logical otherwise. Or maybe he enhanced them with haki like the Kuja arrows

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 05:49 PM
Everyone is welcomed to their own opinion about the chapters..
If bittman isn't impressed that's his deal..
It doesn't really matter to you anyways right??? (I know i'm not concered if someone likes or hates it..)

There has been a lot of tension and it does look like Oda has been stretching for a few chapters.
This chapters really redeemed the "Cameo crisis" IMO..

But if OP has to be Mark Twain or James Joyce material..
Some will always be upset...

Any one notice...
Luffy escaped..

Messiah
March 24, 2010, 05:58 PM
did u guys notice coby saying that A single voice disappeared ?
I mean he emphasized on A single voice like 3 times on a battlefield filled with ppl dying one after another
could it mean that he's referring to someone special? or I don't know what do you guys think?

Mess
March 24, 2010, 05:58 PM
*Takes out a cigarette and lays down in bed* was that good for u 2 chapter 579?
A truly epic chapter, what really caught my eye though was BB reaction to Coby's speech.

Ratatosk
March 24, 2010, 06:09 PM
I thought he saved Coby because he was 'putting his life on the line', which is one of Shanks' principles, (even to the extent that Luffy parrotted it back to Usopp when they first met him). It also seemed like Coby was doing it to protect the ordinary cannon-fodder marines, instead of Luffy. I love how One Piece subverts itself; after hundreds of chapters of marines getting beaten like ants for comedy value, somehow this arc makes you notice the reality and feel sorry for them. (well ok, Oda made a point of not killing anyone until now..)

shanks reminds me on Kenji from 20th century boys.
I've only read half of it, but wasn't Kenji more of a Coby-type character, at least at the start? As in supposedly weak and pathetic but a complete badass where it counts. That's what I loved about that manga, and one of the reasons I love One Piece, for the weak guys who still won't give up fighting.

I always thought Shanks' crew anchored at Luffy's island before heading to the Grand Line for the first time since he went on Roger's ship. There's no proof of this of course, but he probably wasn't a Yonkou then.

I think the Marines are in too much trouble to keep an eye out for visitors (I mean they're not even trying to censor the broadcast anymore). But then Shanks does have the best-looking ship in One Piece, so maybe it's super-speedy too..
I hope he pulls off stopping the war in one chapter.

and yeah, I hadn't noticed

The first one to notice the marine stopping the admiral was BB.
Those D's reallty have a talent for noticing significant people. Looks like trouble for Coby later.

Dice
March 24, 2010, 06:14 PM
Why are bad guys always so blind? It's not like Shanks' ship could have arrived at Mach 4 speed, should have been spotted from miles away.

At least therefore I no a simple explanation: focus!
Check this out :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBNSm56A1-c).
All the people are fighting/running for their lives so I woudln't pay that much attention to the far horizon too. Furthermore there is quite much smoke though not produced by the person named after it. And last but not least it's probable that he came from underneath the sea.

Aikidoka
March 24, 2010, 06:18 PM
Damn, Curiel's down...he was my favorite of the WB DCs too...

I mean he emphasized on A single voice like 3 times on a battlefield filled with ppl dying one after another
could it mean that he's referring to someone special? or I don't know what do you guys think?
Probably a translation mistake, I'm waiting for another trans to come out before I jump to conclusions.

Eboria
March 24, 2010, 06:19 PM
I don't really think Shanks will stop the war but more like the marines will realize that BB and the rest of WB's crew as well as another yonkou, ie Shanks, will be too much to handle and will start to retreat.

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 06:29 PM
All the people are fighting/running for their lives so I woudln't pay that much attention to the far horizon too. Furthermore there is quite much smoke though not produced by the person named after it. And last but not least it's probable that he came from underneath the sea.

Haha totally got me xD

I don't really think Shanks will stop the war but more like the marines will realize that BB and the rest of WB's crew as well as another yonkou, ie Shanks, will be too much to handle and will start to retreat.

Retreat to where? That is their base you know? So the ones that need to retreat are the pirates...

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
@ Mess i noticed that too, seemed abit odd for blackbeard.
Seriously, Koby must have mantra or something, as he said a voice dissapeared, which is how they described it in skypei
I was confused by the Ben Beckerman thing, how could he shoot Kizaru?
Even if he had seastone bullets, Kizaru could still dodge them. Its not like he could shoot at the speed of light?

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 06:31 PM
akainu's real power of his df ability is not magma. it's infecting the marines with a bloodthirst for war even though their objective had been met ha ha.

woooh... ben beckman was uber cool. pointing a gun straight to kizaru and talking to him without even a shread of fear

Ratatosk
March 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
heh, the first one to notice Shanks was there is Buggy...
either that or he's just reacting to Kizaru appearing behind him.
:D

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 06:33 PM
Damn, Curiel's down...he was my favorite of the WB DCs too...

Probably a translation mistake, I'm waiting for another trans to come out before I jump to conclusions.

I noticed that too but I wasn't sure if it was him or not....
Yeah too bad he was pretty bad ass....

I hope there is more Commander action...

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 06:39 PM
i think luffy and shanks will meet ... luffy has to know what happened to his strawhat shanks left him. law never saw shanks get the hat because they already were submerging.

Eboria
March 24, 2010, 06:41 PM
Retreat to where? That is their base you know? So the ones that need to retreat are the pirates...
I know that it's their base. But I may have said it the wrong way. Shanks will make them realize that they cannot push on with the attack and go on the defensive.

Dice
March 24, 2010, 06:41 PM
Maybe Luffy is going to get his hat back from Shanks...even if he needs to use force :D

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 06:42 PM

Hmm. I don't think so. If you look carefully Kizaru shot a laser at Buggy and it went through his cape. Buggy is staring at the hole in his cape afterwards. LOL! That was a close one.

I love Law's submarine ship. It even has the word "death" written on the side...I wonder what kind of sick and twisted surgery Law can carry out on a body? :XD

bittman
March 24, 2010, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the link, honestly didn't notice the bear, but:

Marines should have this lovely invention called a "sentry". A sentry's only job should basically be to look out for incoming attacks. The marines have been continually dumbed down as a trained army and more placed as just a group of strong guys who like the word "justice".

My point was more that the marines, as a military force, have been a joke. As a bunch of strong guys they've been ok, but standard tactics (Like, I don't know, sentries or medics or an order to the attack) are basically invisible. Sengoku needs to play some more Age of Empires because his plans were nothing short of disappointing.

@ Mess i noticed that too, seemed abit odd for blackbeard.
Seriously, Koby must have mantra or something, as he said a voice dissapeared, which is how they described it in skypei
I was confused by the Ben Beckerman thing, how could he shoot Kizaru?
Even if he had seastone bullets, Kizaru could still dodge them. Its not like he could shoot at the speed of light?

On Coby: You know what I didn't think of first? Mantra. In fact, my first thought was Roger. Mantra might be a better explanation though, strange because the only Mantra users in the manga so far have all had wings on their back...

On Ben: Margueritte showed the ability to place haki in projectiles (her bow and arrow), so I wouldn't doubt mr Beckman can do the same. That said, I find Kizaru putting his hands up as a bit of a joke. Nothing Kizaru does has been serious this far, all his speeches are amusingly playful. Even when faced with Whitebeard or Rayleigh, Kizaru has shown nothing short of simply toying with them, even though they were both most likely hard battles.

So not saying Kizaru is miles above WB or Ben, but I take him putting his hands up as a joke he's making. After all, he is a playful monkey (zaru)

Dice
March 24, 2010, 06:48 PM
Mhh you are right about the basic tactics....maybe Sengoku used all his money to upgrade Akainu. There wasn't enough money to upgrade anything else or build sentries :D

beastboy
March 24, 2010, 06:54 PM
Any one noticed that the tsunami anouncement was so that people wouldn't here Coby's speech???
Good plot device here!
About sentry's, if there was one, it got destroyed by the huge amount of earthquakes happening in that little island!
I bett that if everything went accord to the plan, Sengoku would be in the top of the platform, where he could see any ship.

About Kiz, of corse he is joking, but he did stop attacking Law...
He knew that if he ignored Ben, he would be a dead man, but he overreacted, to "play" with Ben!

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 06:59 PM
Any one noticed that the tsunami anouncement was so that people wouldn't here Coby's speech???
Good plot device here!

Yea, that's what I was thinking about too. It hurts. :nerve That speech deserved the full attention of the world! How cool is it that we see Ben chilling on top of the mast, having a smoke while pointing a gun at an admiral!? Kotcha! :D

Shiro-kun
March 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
Sentry?

How bout the one that reported that Gate's of Justice open when BB showed up , which was the late ...btw but still it reported on it ...

Oh btw before Coby's speech did Akainu just kill another WB Commander?

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
On Coby: You know what I didn't think of first? Mantra. In fact, my first thought was Roger. Mantra might be a better explanation though, strange because the only Mantra users in the manga so far have all had wings on their back...

On Ben: Margueritte showed the ability to place haki in projectiles (her bow and arrow), so I wouldn't doubt mr Beckman can do the same. That said, I find Kizaru putting his hands up as a bit of a joke. Nothing Kizaru does has been serious this far, all his speeches are amusingly playful. Even when faced with Whitebeard or Rayleigh, Kizaru has shown nothing short of simply toying with them, even though they were both most likely hard battles.

So not saying Kizaru is miles above WB or Ben, but I take him putting his hands up as a joke he's making. After all, he is a playful monkey (zaru)

Coby:
I guess they have, but mantra seems very like the abilities of haki so anybody could have it. Although i guess that leaves the question, why was there a lot of them, compared to whatelse we've seen, in skypei.

Kizaru:
Im sure he can do the same, but as luffy can dodge them. Somebody that can move at the speed of light, will easily be able to dodge them, no matter what sort of gun. Ben seems pretty confident in his abilities, enough to threaten him. So either he has some strange gun shooting abilities, or even mantra and could tell where Kizaru will move to!:D
Although inspite of this, Kizaru would probabaly mock him anyway as you said. Hopefully ben will wipe the smirk off his face :tem

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 24, 2010, 07:06 PM

Yes, I think it is as you say, but I am waiting for another translation to be on the safe side.

And Ben Beckman looks cool. Kizaru is probably just joking by putting his hands up, he is not known for his serious attitude; but him stopping in the middle of shooting a laser is a tip on Beckman's caliber. I think he is nothing less than Marco, maybe even better than him. He is the first mate of a yonkou after all, while Marco is kind-of-a-first-mate.

Wowzers
March 24, 2010, 07:07 PM

I noticed something even more interesting about Coby! :)
Is he starting to "hear the voices of all things?" (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/7) Is this the ability that Gol D Roger had (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/07/)? Whether it is Mantra or Haki or some other ability, I think Coby has just started his rise to fame. I'll bet Garp will use all of his remaining influence to protect him and get him promoted.

I see someone else noticing that! :)

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 07:10 PM

I don't know whether Curiel is dead yet but there is no doubt in the fact that his wounds/injuries are severe. :s Getting hit by magma....ouch! :scry

Ratatosk
March 24, 2010, 07:18 PM
heh, I really hope the 'one voice disappearing' line wasn't just a weird translation, it raises so many interesting theories.
It never occurred to me that Mantra could be the same as Roger's listening ability. But then it was implied that Roger's ability was something that allowed him to understand the Poneglyphs, so if it was the same thing as 'Mantra', why didn't Enel or anyone else on Skypeia react to the one in the golden belfry?

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 07:23 PM
:DNah he is reacting.

Plus that serves to prove that it wasn't beckman but kizaru on top of the sail xD

Maybe Luffy is going to get his hat back from Shanks...even if he needs to use force :D

Hehe :D

Sentry?

How bout the one that reported that Gate's of Justice open when BB showed up , which was the late ...btw but still it reported on it ...

Yeah he did :s

Coby and mantra, nice.

Lol a Single Voice disappearing. No it's not Luffy's.

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 07:27 PM
heh, I really hope the 'one voice disappearing' line wasn't just a weird translation, it raises so many interesting theories.
It never occurred to me that Mantra could be the same as Roger's listening ability. But then it was implied that Roger's ability was something that allowed him to understand the Poneglyphs, so if it was the same thing as 'Mantra', why didn't Enel or anyone else on Skypeia react to the one in the golden belfry?

Maybe Roger developed his enough to be able to, the others didnt have proper skills other than Enel, but enel didnt get to see the ponoglyph did he? (correct me if im wrong)

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 07:31 PM

buggy was reacting to the beam of light that hit his collar

godaijutsu-no-hito
March 24, 2010, 07:35 PM
The entrance of Shanks was just EPIC! Awesome chapter...Now the marines are sure to lose considering that Akagami no Shanks is here + larger part of whitebeard force + Blackbeard and co. They will consume the marines as they are now!

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 07:38 PM
Coby:
I guess they have, but mantra seems very like the abilities of haki so anybody could have it. Although i guess that leaves the question, why was there a lot of them, compared to whatelse we've seen, in skypei.

Kizaru:
Im sure he can do the same, but as luffy can dodge them. Somebody that can move at the speed of light, will easily be able to dodge them, no matter what sort of gun. Ben seems pretty confident in his abilities, enough to threaten him. So either he has some strange gun shooting abilities, or even mantra and could tell where Kizaru will move to!:D
Although inspite of this, Kizaru would probabaly mock him anyway as you said. Hopefully ben will wipe the smirk off his face :tem

Well as far as I have observed

Kizaru doesn't move at the speed of light but travel at a speed of light.
it's different.

but I think he can dodge a bullet if he can do it like kuma... reject himself
but in the case of kizaru maybe boost himself forward or backward will be a good dodge for bullet

but we don't know how fast a gunner is beckman... and I find it really funny kizaru holding his hands up lol

El-Thor
March 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
The voice that disappeared is Luffy's voice.

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
So BB thinks he can take on Sengoku & Garp, hey? The nerve. :nerve He was about to wet himself when WB attacked him and now look at him. It disgusts me. :notrust I don't see why Sengoku paused for minute in his attacks against BB. WTF is he waiting for lol!

Seriously though, there's barely anything left of Marineford lol.

Ratatosk
March 24, 2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe Roger developed his enough to be able to, the others didnt have proper skills other than Enel, but enel didnt get to see the ponoglyph did he? (correct me if im wrong)

well, he saw the bell, and the poneglyph was on the base of the belfry.. but then Enel's an crazed idiot, so who knows.. :)
Thought it was a bit strange that such a useful ability never got mentioned again after Sky Island.. people have been using Haki to predict their opponent's moves in fights, but the only other mention of 'listening to things' was when Zoro learnt to cut steel.
There are no co-incidences in One Piece..:p

JetPistol
March 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
I hope this doesn't draw flames from Shanks fan girls/boys since its not an insult but he sure looks a hella lot like Sawyer from Lost xD

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
I hope this doesn't draw flames from Shanks fan girls/boys since its not an insult but he sure looks a hella lot like Sawyer from Lost xD

I don't love shanks, but I have no clue what your post is about..
Or why you even posted since that comment adds nothing unless I watch lost...

But I do hope shanks gets things done quicker than WB and crew attempted.. at the end of the chapter it did say the war draws nigh.. phew.

Sorry to flame but seriously.....

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 08:27 PM

it's different.

but in the case of kizaru maybe boost himself forward or backward will be a good dodge for bullet

but we don't know how fast a gunner is beckman... and I find it really funny kizaru holding his hands up lol

What do you mean by reject himself? how could he do that?

Perhaps he could just shoot a bullet out of the air aswel, but who knows with his bad shots recently, seems like he misses everyone:p

well, he saw the bell, and the poneglyph was on the base of the belfry.. but then Enel's an crazed idiot, so who knows.. :)
Thought it was a bit strange that such a useful ability never got mentioned again after Sky Island.. people have been using Haki to predict their opponent's moves in fights, but the only other mention of 'listening to things' was when Zoro learnt to cut steel.
There are no co-incidences in One Piece..:p

Ahhh thankyou, well if he saw the bell he may not of even realised there was a poneglyph there, or what one was for that matter.

Well you've said here that 3 people on a battlefield of people dying, so three important people have died.
Well if you take Coby as having mantra, then people wouldn't necessarily be dead. As in Skypei, Enel was counting down the voices as people were defeated, yet some of these still survived at the end.

superman97
March 24, 2010, 08:36 PM
Maybe Ben Backmans gun is infused with a devil fruit, that seems more unpredictable and cooler then haki.

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 08:42 PM
Could be, but i can realy imagine shanks' crew mostly without devil fruit. Just the whole, Shanks can fight on equal terms with Whitebeard and he doesn't even have a fruit, its the same thing that helps to make Zoro so cool!

shon3n
March 24, 2010, 08:45 PM
Awesome chapter. About voice that coby hear i think it have similarity with this girl ability in skypea . heres the link : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/264/02/

johnnyb7
March 24, 2010, 08:47 PM
Ben Beckman is awesome!

El-Thor
March 24, 2010, 08:50 PM
Coby's ability to hear "voices" does in deed sound like it's Mantra. But why is he mentioning one particular voice, whereas Enel could hear the voices of everyone disappear when they died. Perhaps his ability is something subconscious, just like Luffys Haki.

Prediction : The "voice" that disappeared was Luffys

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 08:56 PM
Maybe it takes time to open up and be able to sense all the voices around you. I assume you would need to have an open mind to be able to sense everyone around you. As he can be quite cowardly, and is scared quite easily, he would have a very closed mind and so may only sense a select few. Could be those closest to him, or somebody special to him, as you said Dream Catcher - it could be Luffy.

drzcoyotex3
March 24, 2010, 08:59 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/3
who is that guy in the air is that buggy by any chance?

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 09:02 PM

Awesome chapter. About voice that coby hear i think it have similarity with this girl ability in skypea . heres the link : http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/264/02/

Really I had no Idea............

But it's been left in the air for now so we really don't know..
But smells of potential....

It could be Coby has latent Haki waiting to get out..
But I'm impressed. He kinda saved Luffy, indirectly that is..

Jade Dragon
March 24, 2010, 09:03 PM
So BB thinks he can take on Sengoku & Garp, hey? The nerve. :nerve He was about to wet himself when WB attacked him and now look at him. It disgusts me. :notrust I don't see why Sengoku paused for minute in his attacks against BB. WTF is he waiting for lol!

Seriously though, there's barely anything left of Marineford lol.

Maybe cause he is called "Sengoku the Buddha" he doesn't kill. lol

What I wanna know is why is Trafalgar Law helping luffy, the explanation he gives isn't doing it for me.

Mochileiro
March 24, 2010, 09:10 PM

it's different.

I believe in the opposite, Kizaru cannot dodge a bullet from Beckman easily.
Most likely, as well as Shanks and Rayleigh, Beckman can also touch an logia in his elemental form. As you can see in this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/07/
and this chapter.
And also, it look like all Kizaru's tech need a little bit of time to prepare, as you can see in all the time he shoot his laser or his Yasha no Kagami. Hence he cannot propel himself instantly with a technich of his.

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 24, 2010, 09:15 PM

Yes he is. In this page where Buggy is nearly pierced by Kizaru's laser: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/8 you can see that his location is roughly same as the location of the guy in the air you are asking about.

Blooper
March 24, 2010, 09:16 PM
I think what Shanks wants by saying "I'll put and end to this war" isn't that he's just gonna kick everyone's asses, but that he wants to stop it with an agreement, and noone else gets harmed. (Sounds gay but that's the feeling i got)

darkfiend
March 24, 2010, 09:22 PM
I believe in the opposite, Kizaru cannot dodge a bullet from Beckman easily.
Most likely, as well as Shanks and Rayleigh, Beckman can also touch an logia in his elemental form. As you can see in this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/07/
and this chapter.
And also, it look like all Kizaru's tech need a little bit of time to prepare, as you can see in all the time he shoot his laser or his Yasha no Kagami. Hence he cannot propel himself instantly with a technich of his.

Hmm, im sure he can touch a logia, if his captain is suspected to be one of the most powerful haki users, then im sure he would of taught his first mate. It realy cant be just plain old Haki bullets, luffy can dodge bullets, so im sure kizaru as one of the admirals shouldnt find this troublesome. Whether he needs time to prepare or not, he could just turn himself into light before the bullet hits him. Like when Aokiji turned himself into ice so that Whitebeards haki didnt effect him.

Yeah :)

Kaizoku-O Luffy
March 24, 2010, 09:37 PM
So coby goes down once again with haki release after that courageous speech. This chapter proves even more why akainu is such a real jerk. It looks like law is gonna leave so, how is luffy gonna get the strawhat? What does shanks meant that courageous speech changed the fate of the world?

tako-san
March 24, 2010, 09:39 PM
the disappearing voice coby is referring to is sengoku's ego.
my oh my that is going to be one broken man once this war is over

Shiro-kun
March 24, 2010, 09:40 PM
Akainu is just jerk?

An Loyal Asshole Determined Jerkass Monster is more like it.

dmnt3d
March 24, 2010, 09:43 PM
oh my.. anyone notice how serious Shanks look is O_O. I'm not used to seeing him like that.

His dead serious in kicking someone's A$$ that's for sure!

RichardMNixon
March 24, 2010, 09:44 PM
So Coby stands up to someone bigger than him, nearly dies, and has his life saved by Shanks at the last possible second. Sounds like someone else I know...

And yeah, Beckmann just casually threatening an admiral is pretty hardcore.

tako-san
March 24, 2010, 09:48 PM
oh my.. anyone notice how serious Shanks look is O_O. I'm not used to seeing him like that.

His dead serious in kicking someone's A$$ that's for sure!

i agree. it would make chuck norris pee himself for sure

where is law planning to take Luffy and Jimbei anyways?

and the cover art of each chapter. now that we have gone through the whole crew again do you think we are finally gonna get whereabouts of the crew round 2?

dmnt3d
March 24, 2010, 09:57 PM
my prediction for next week:

Shanks will say:

"Let's stop the war in exchange for my life - our era is ending anyway."

T_T .. very plausible.

Gcat88
March 24, 2010, 10:08 PM
COBY STANDING UP!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone notice that shanks got the strawhat back, but will he keep it??

superman97
March 24, 2010, 10:13 PM

Shanks will say:

T_T .. very plausible.

um.... no.

With Shanks there that gives the pirates the advantage by far.

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 10:15 PM
COBY STANDING UP!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone notice that shanks got the strawhat back, but will he keep it??

Well it was pretty hard to NOT notice.. but yes.. Coby!!!!
I guess Shanks will give Luffy the mugiwara back once they meet again.

I kinda think they will end up back at SA, and go on.... with the hat..?

It also seems like there is a division in the philosophy of the Marines..
It's really a division, and could end up being a big deal..

I really Loved what smoker said....

timzzzzz
March 24, 2010, 10:18 PM
damn... beckman is hardcore, stopping kizaru. i bet akainu is gonna take sengoku's job and the world is gonna be in deep trouble.

masubiladin
March 24, 2010, 10:19 PM
beckman : dont u dare move a muscle Kizaru.
badass

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 10:27 PM

Shanks will say:

T_T .. very plausible.

if that would happen, do you think akainu will just stop there? :D

fistsofrage
March 24, 2010, 10:27 PM
All Shanks has to do next chapter is put his hat on and its ownage. Thank Oda for the awesome chars.

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 10:28 PM
damn... beckman is hardcore, stopping kizaru. i bet akainu is gonna take sengoku's job and the world is gonna be in deep trouble.

i cant figure out how he stopped kizaru. did he shoot him?

Shiro-kun
March 24, 2010, 10:30 PM
It also seems like there is a division in the philosophy of the Marines..
It's really a division, and could end up being a big deal..

I really Loved what smoker said....

The division between Moral Justice(Aokiji, Garp,Smoker and yeah Coby ) and Absolute Justice (Sengoku,Akainu , Most VA's ) will probably be a driving factor for the future of the plot for the Marines when they eventually face Dragon (Revolutionaries ) and Pirates

loloy
March 24, 2010, 10:31 PM

bullet+haki=speed of light

chitgoks
March 24, 2010, 10:41 PM
kizaru's mocking ben that's for sure.

msg
March 24, 2010, 10:42 PM
This war the marines out-numbered the pirates almost 10 : 1.The marines have 100, 000 marines including the pacifistas and shichis.Wb and his allies barely 10,000.It's actually quite one sided.Even that it's not a total victory for the Marines.Can't blame Sengoku for his strategy not working out properly with BB, luffy and shanks butting in a last minute.Still its a win for the marines.

I guess Shanks and his crew job in this war is to hold off the powerful marines and let the wb pirates retreat and escape.But Is It Enough?Thank god luffy manage to escape.He will get his hat back.For now his life is more important than his hat.

masubiladin
March 24, 2010, 10:42 PM
by pointing the run at him. and Beckman must be famous enough to make Kizaru surrender. look at his hands guys!

maaghms
March 24, 2010, 10:48 PM

Shanks will say:

T_T .. very plausible.

Why would Shanks say that when he has the alternative of kicking all their asses and end the war? Most likely, the reason he has come is to secure an agreement of retreat for all parties involved without any further deaths. If marines don’t agree to that, he and his crew are clearly ready and have the ability to send all of them to the netherworld.

masubiladin
March 24, 2010, 10:49 PM

Shanks will say:

T_T .. very plausible.
the most stupid think i 've ever heard in my 16 years of living.

Lee-tyme7
March 24, 2010, 10:50 PM
Shank is awsome and wow Ben Beckman made Kizaru surrender, just crazy. I wonder what Ben role in Shanks crew? I know he's the first mate but is he a gunner? because I thought Yussop was the gunner?...or is he a sniper?

Shiro-kun
March 24, 2010, 10:52 PM
Lets just see what Shank's will do , providing that he wants to end this war i dont think he plans on dragging out the war

so settement of force might be what he will do , or just hold off the Marine's just enough so the WB pirates and co to escape.
i think its highly unlikely that he will surrender himself (though he can copy Roger , After Ace died i think not -_-.)

honest_hypocrite
March 24, 2010, 10:58 PM
Why would Shanks say that when he has the alternative of kicking all their asses and end the war? Most likely, the reason he has come is to secure an agreement of retreat for all parties involved without any further deaths. If marines don’t agree to that, he and his crew are clearly ready and have the ability to send all of them to the netherworld.

This. That was probably the best entrance out of this whole arc. And entrances equals power level.

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 10:59 PM
I don't think Ben Beckman is as bad ass is everyone says..
I do think he's bad ass but not enough to make Kizaru give up..
Just Kizaru knows he can't both attack Law and handle Beckman too.
However this is this first time Beckman has aimed his gun at someone, before he just hit them with it..
So it shows he means business....

masubiladin
March 24, 2010, 11:01 PM
lets see what power is shanks keeping . I think the whole crew use haki. Cuz i dont see any hint that they are df user
[hr]
Lol Law is just a rookie. Kizaru can close his eyes and fight with him.

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 11:11 PM
lets see what power is shanks keeping . I think the whole crew use haki. Cuz i dont see any hint that they are df user
<hr noshade size="1">
Lol Law is just a rookie. Kizaru can close his eyes and fight with him.

It's not a matter of power, it's time.
Kizaru knows that he doesn't have enough time to take out Law because an A class pirate like Beckman is right there ready to attack.
It's a simple checkmate tactically speaking.

It's not at all based on Law's strength.

Mr. Crocodile
March 24, 2010, 11:22 PM
Nope. He said one "more" voice disappeared. He wouldn't have said one more if all he could hear was a single voice.

Duh.. Coby hearing voice: I'd hate it if this happens..

Ha ha.. Coby owes his life to Luffy (and to his grandfather). Do you think luffy's case would be so generic with coby? Oh I get it.. You were sarcastic, right??? :P

Well according to this it is a single voice http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/7 don't know which translation you read. And why would Luffy's case not be generic, cuz of all his potential? That might be true, but if we assume that Coby does have something similar to mantra then he obviously does not have any sort of control over it, and thus will not be able to differentiate whether the voice that disappear was Luffy's or not..Aisa couldn't do it either if I recall correctly and she seemed to have a good deal of mastery over it.

msg
March 24, 2010, 11:23 PM
I sense deception and trickery coming from shanks.Actually pretending to surrender is quite a good idea.Say he make an agreement with the marines by pretending that he will surrender and also willing to give some important infos about the dragon or tthe other two yonkous for example.In exchange for that, the marines will have to let the pirates go...including the injured ones.As he was about to be cuffed...bam he escaped robin hood style

Another scenario is that shanks surrender himself, going to jail and wait to be rescued,if by Luffy that be more sweeter.Rescuing shanks in espionage and stealth stlye like metal gear solid.if that happens, he will surely be tortured but not killed cuz he got importatnt infos- raftel one piece for example

or as per normal hold off and flee...

I don't think shanks gonna go all out attacking the marines

Vadz
March 25, 2010, 12:34 AM
I sense deception and trickery coming from shanks.Actually pretending to surrender is quite a good idea.Say he make an agreement with the marines by pretending that he will surrender and also willing to give some important infos about the dragon or tthe other two yonkous for example.In exchange for that, the marines will have to let the pirates go...including the injured ones.As he was about to be cuffed...bam he escaped robin hood style

Another scenario is that shanks surrender himself, going to jail and wait to be rescued,if by Luffy that be more sweeter.Rescuing shanks in espionage and stealth stlye like metal gear solid.if that happens, he will surely be tortured but not killed cuz he got importatnt infos- raftel one piece for example

or as per normal hold off and flee...

I don't think shanks gonna go all out attacking the marines

If I were a pirate, and I am shanks, Im not gonna do such a pussy thing like that...
what im exactly saying is, your assumptions totally fail...

craziii
March 25, 2010, 01:15 AM
can anyone guess how shanks will end this war?

my prediction for this: he will beat/kick/kill akainu so badly, so quickly, in an extremely awesome way, that the marines will stop their advances afterward.

yea, I am a fan of shanks so sue me :p a pirate with no DF power and is a yonkou :p you can't beat that.

El-Thor
March 25, 2010, 01:15 AM
We don't know that yet.. Your statement is utterly misleading.

I don't think it's misleading at all. Right now the only other people to "hear voices" (Not counting Roger) were the people from Skypiea and they did that using Mantra.

Nope. He said one "more" voice disappeared. He wouldn't have said one more if all he could hear was a single voice.

You're probably right on this one. But the trans on MangaStream says "From inside my head.... a "voice"... a single voice... a single one... disappeared!!"

Ha ha.. Coby owes his life to Luffy (and to his grandfather). Do you think luffy's case would be so generic with coby? Oh I get it.. You were sarcastic, right??? :P

Well... assuming his "power" is subconscious and not fully developed, he can't distinguish between the voices. He just knows if one disappears. And in this case, that one MIGHT have been Luffys since he owes so much to him, like you said, and found some sort of way to hear his voice without realizing it.

EDIT : Completely agree with you Mr.Croc :D

chitgoks
March 25, 2010, 01:29 AM
If I were a pirate, and I am shanks, Im not gonna do such a pussy thing like that...
what im exactly saying is, your assumptions totally fail...

i stand by my prediction that if ever that will happen.. shanks surrendering that is ... akainu will still continue his rampage until all pirates are vaporized :s
[hr]
am curious to find out next chapter if shanks has a lot of followers like WB, who are all waiting at the back for shank's signal to attack the marines if ever shank's proposal (if he ever proposes) to them fails.

people who said shanks may threaten the marines if they won't stop the war looks possible to me.

and ... oh yeah ... this is the very first chapter in all of one piece where i am really eager to know what will happen next chapter !

SilversDKRayleigh
March 25, 2010, 01:44 AM
I'm just curious as to who will show up next. I wish for the rest of the SH but that won't happen.

elitefox
March 25, 2010, 02:07 AM
How many men does shanks have?

WB has so many since his ship is big, how bout shanks?
can all of them could touch a logia? or only the the two shown?

The marines are under blood thirst now.

I hope shanks shows how powerful he is by bringing down an admiral, maybe in that way
saying: Do you want to fight another yonkou?

msg
March 25, 2010, 02:14 AM
hmmm doing something deceptive and trickery makes you a pussy huh?.Warefare is based on deception.Without deception, you can't win a war.A quote from from sun tzu-"... When capable, feign incapacity, when active, inactivity. When near, make it appear that you are far away, when far away, that you are near. Offer the enemy a bait to lure him, feign disorder and strike him".Sengoku do it, Akainu do it, even Wb do it...why not shanks.I know he's a yonkou, strong, posesses king haki and all that...Why bother go gung-ho and prolonging the war even further.I think it's best he just play mind games with the marines...attack or defend only when necessary.I don't think he can "stop" the war with just a sheer force even though he's one of the emperor.like coby said its just waste of lives.Surrender doesn't mean you're defeated.

i have to agree with chitgoks, i don't think akainu will accept any negotition from shanks, he will just continue attacking the pirates until all of them are dead.The only one who's willing to listen to shanks proposition is probably Sengoku but he's busy fighting BB.So i wonder what Oda gonna do next for shanks to stop this war...ah yes there always the time skip:amuse

falco_dergento
March 25, 2010, 02:26 AM
I predict next chapter will end with the appearance of Thousand Sunny.. i mean, why not? I can't help thinking that Oda would not let the main crew (i.e main characters) to miss one of the biggest event in the story..

besides, the whole world know that luffy is in the battle. so chance is, if the SH crews have gathered in shanbody, they will surely follow their captain to the marinford without second thought..

what is the best way of ending the greatest arc but showing the readers what they have dear to see the most for last 30 chapters? :D i think Shanks and Law is just a diversion for their entrance ^^

elitefox
March 25, 2010, 02:29 AM
I predict next chapter will end with the appearance of Thousand Sunny.. i mean, why not? I can't help thinking that Oda would not let the main crew (i.e main characters) to miss one of the biggest event in the story..

besides, the whole world know that luffy is in the battle. so chance is, if the SH crews have gathered in shanbody, they will surely follow their captain to the marinford without second thought..

what is the best way of ending the greatest arc but showing the readers what they have dear to see the most for last 30 chapters? :D i think Shanks and Law is just a diversion for their entrance ^^

lol can you imagine how far they are from each other

if rayleigh would get them all, it would take weeks not days else rayleigh have madara's skill :D

riconisme
March 25, 2010, 02:29 AM
Sorry, why can't i recall this kaidou.. Who is he? Please update me?

Hmm.. really hoping that BB don't kill Shanks this time..

But, above all... THIS EPISODE REALLY AWESOMEEE!!! :jawdrop

cua_raitei
March 25, 2010, 02:35 AM
OMG !!!!

Great chapter as ussual.

hope admirals and bb pirates will be getting pwned by shanks & co. so wb pirates could escape
and kaido will come to help so redhair pirates could escape
and one other yonkou will come to help so kaido could escape
and dragon come to beat the crap marines out so the remaining yonkou could escape
just kidding lol

surely i have no idea what'll happen next, but it'd be amazing

oh, and one last thing ben beckman is so cool

llamapie
March 25, 2010, 02:36 AM
How many men does shanks have?

WB has so many since his ship is big, how bout shanks?
can all of them could touch a logia? or only the the two shown?

The marines are under blood thirst now.

I hope shanks shows how powerful he is by bringing down an admiral, maybe in that way
saying: Do you want to fight another yonkou?

Well he's one of the 4 emperors so I imagine his crew is all extremely capable. Is it possible to infuse haki into your bullets I wonder? It would explain why kizaru obeyed. :X

Amazeroth
March 25, 2010, 02:43 AM
Is it possible to infuse haki into your bullets I wonder? It would explain why kizaru obeyed. :X
Don't the Amazons on Amazon Lily do it with their arrows? So if you can infuse haki into arrows, you sure can do it with bullets, I see no problem with that.

And hell yeah, Beckman is looking badass, I really hope he can live up to his reputation and REALLY kick some ass.

predsfan
March 25, 2010, 02:47 AM
This chapter was cool. I'm curious to see how Shanks will get the Strawhat back to Luffy (whether he will do it himself or toss to Law, etc...). I can honestly say, I wasn't expecting Shanks to play any part in this war, granted I thought Coby was out for good and I was certain none of the Supernovas would show up. I guess if the SH's show up I will be completely wrong in all of my predictions of who wouldn't show up :p.

Another thing, I love Kizaru more and more. He's such a sarcastic son of bitch that it's hard not to like him. I love his "Oh, Ben Beckman, scary" line in this chapter. He's definitely my favorite admiral.

Last thing, I hope we get a new cover story next week. If I had to predict what it would be about I would guess probably Lola's crews journey. I don't expect it to be the SH's again because I think we'll be seeing them within the next 10 chapters.

I'm excited to see how this war's going end.

stoz500
March 25, 2010, 02:55 AM

I know this pretty out there as a theory because we don't know a lot about what devil fruits are and how they work but I wonder if the power of devil fruits can be transferred without actually eating a devil fruit (BB did it somehow with the Gura Gura no mi). Maybe when a devil fruit user dies if the devil fruit finds a compatible host nearby the the power transfers to that person. Maybe the 'voice' that dissapeared was the devil fruit and Cobi has just inherited Ace's power. I told you it was out there but what do think?

llamapie
March 25, 2010, 03:00 AM
I know this pretty out there as a theory because we don't know a lot about what devil fruits are and how they work but I wonder if the power of devil fruits can be transferred without actually eating a devil fruit (BB did it somehow with the Gura Gura no mi). Maybe when a devil fruit user dies if the devil fruit finds a compatible host nearby the the power transfers to that person. Maybe the 'voice' that dissapeared was the devil fruit and Cobi has just inherited Ace's power. I told you it was out there but what do think?

Well I imagine there was a method used.

Considering that black sheet served some purpose I imagine.

lelouche123
March 25, 2010, 03:14 AM
yet we have not seen a swordman in the hair red's crew , i wonder if he have ??

stoz500
March 25, 2010, 03:21 AM
Well I imagine there was a method used.

Considering that black sheet served some purpose I imagine.

Exactly. My theory is that the spirit or demon of the devil fruit leaves the body when its host dies possibly to go and inhabit another of the fruit that springs up(wherever they grow) but BB trapped the Gura Gura under the blanket and absorbed it. Maybe Ace's devil fruit left his body but found for whatever reason a compatible host in Coby. It would fit in with the theory that Coby would become an admiral someday having a logia fruit power. Crazy I know.

St Michael
March 25, 2010, 03:23 AM

Shanks himself.

Coby with the mera mera ? Neh , not before Vegapunk does his stuff.

stoz500
March 25, 2010, 03:44 AM
Shanks himself.

Coby with the mera mera ? Neh , not before Vegapunk does his stuff.

Coby is out of it right now. I doubt we will see him conscious again before the end of this war and then may not see him again for a long time again. Maybe when we do see him again in the future he will have the mera mera power. For Garp who has grown attached to Coby (almost father like - he trained him the same way he trained Ace and Luffy) this might keep some of Ace's spirit alive. When Coby reappears in the future to reveal his power Vegapunk may be there to explain how it all works. Just a theory!

hdiuy
March 25, 2010, 03:46 AM
Wow, when i saw the spoilers with Shanks i had fangasm over it. This chapter was kind of cool. Honestly i don't really get whats going on with Coby. It would be cool to see more of the Red Hair crew. I'm curious about how BB Vs Sengoku and Garp is going to turn out; i'm rooting for both sides lol.I can't see Sengoku & Garp losing but i can't see BB dying at this point in time.

I wonder about Kaidou, what happened to him and his crew? If Kaidou and Shanks really had a duper long slugged out battle, Shanks' crew should be worned out right now . Hopefully somehow Shanks managed to run from Kaidou's crew or something.

deffkryz
March 25, 2010, 03:52 AM
Shanks ... stops Kaidou from going to Marine Ford as well; if WB and Kaidou fought the WG, the battle's outcome could have been different.

No. Shanks prevented Kaidou's attack on Whitebeard.

Shanks has been shown to be "talkative" - he only attacks if his words remain unheared, and then with his full strength. So, he'll give the Marines the opportunity to listen to him... If they don't listen, Marineford is most probably done for. Maybe he attacks with Poseidon or something like that (just to post something ridiculous for once in a while :P)

Nope, Kizaru scared him! ;)

Shanks, Rockstar... that makes at least 2.

lelouche123
March 25, 2010, 03:58 AM
Exactly. My theory is that the spirit or demon of the devil fruit leaves the body when its host dies possibly to go and inhabit another of the fruit that springs up(wherever they grow) but BB trapped the Gura Gura under the blanket and absorbed it. Maybe Ace's devil fruit left his body but found for whatever reason a compatible host in Coby. It would fit in with the theory that Coby would become an admiral someday having a logia fruit power. Crazy I know.

i think than all those things about the devils in the fruits is just mith , i think than vegapunk must have a better explanation about the fruits and the users

Shanks, Rockstar... that makes at least 2.

jejeje thats right its just i thnk about vista , rayleigh , zoro and i wonder myself who has that title or position

Dark Doc.
March 25, 2010, 03:58 AM
Wow, when i saw the spoilers with Shanks i had fangasm over it. This chapter was kind of cool. Honestly i don't really get whats going on with Coby. It would be cool to see more of the Red Hair crew. I'm curious about how BB Vs Sengoku and Garp is going to turn out; i'm rooting for both sides lol.I can't see Sengoku & Garp losing but i can't see BB dying at this point in time.

I wonder about Kaidou, what happened to him and his crew? If Kaidou and Shanks really had a duper long slugged out battle, Shanks' crew should be worned out right now . Hopefully somehow Shanks managed to run from Kaidou's crew or something.

I think the Kaidou-Shanks collision wasn't a real fight. It was more like Shanks intercepted Kaidou (who was going to engage WB) and kinda bluffed Kaidou away "If you wanna take on WB you have to take on me and my crew first ". Kaidou figured he couldn't engage both Shanks + crew and after that WB + crew + allies, so he didn't go trough with his plan. If there was a fight (which I don't think there was) I wouldn't understand why there are no visible signs of damage amongst any of the red-hair pirates or their ship, I mean Kaidou is a Yonkou so he most likely could do some damage...:blink

hdiuy
March 25, 2010, 04:15 AM
I liked the fact that Luffy did not hand over the Straw Hat to Shanks the first time round. I guess it will give extra motivation to Luffy to get stronger .

I think the Kaidou-Shanks collision wasn't a real fight. It was more like Shanks intercepted Kaidou (who was going to engage WB) and kinda bluffed Kaidou away "If you wanna take on WB you have to take on me and my crew first ". Kaidou figured he couldn't engage both Shanks + crew and after that WB + crew + allies, so he didn't go trough with his plan. If there was a fight (which I don't think there was) I wouldn't understand why there are no visible signs of damage amongst any of the red-hair pirates or their ship, I mean Kaidou is a Yonkou so he most likely could do some damage...:blink

Right, i get a feeling that somehow Shanks made a deal with Kaidou or something.Though i suppose we'll know in a couple of chapters.

elitefox
March 25, 2010, 04:23 AM
Shanks just intercepted Kaidou

if you delay kaidou then kaidou wouldn't delay WB

so if WB is on marineford then there is no reason for kaidou to go after WB

but kaidou delayed Shanks arrival, oh well if two of them showed up

I guess that all marineford can/will do is raise their arms up and give ace back lol
and BB would not even be in there all right

but as BB said it is fate

OunknownO
March 25, 2010, 04:28 AM
coby with ace's power..... that would be awesome

senewe
March 25, 2010, 05:07 AM
Sorry, why can't i recall this kaidou.. Who is he? Please update me?

Hmm.. really hoping that BB don't kill Shanks this time..

But, above all... THIS EPISODE REALLY AWESOMEEE!!! :jawdrop

kaidou is one of the yonkou. I'll give you a link if you really need it.
[hr]
talking about shanks, do you guys think he has already been a yonkou at first chapter of OP?
anyway I just read again the first chapter, and it was really different Shanks Lol...

Auditore
March 25, 2010, 05:13 AM
Maybe this Rockstar could join the Strawhats after this. Shanks could leaven behind with a message for Luffy and with the hat.

Ruffy still needs a Vice-captain. His bounty was 94 mill at his first appereance and maybe it is higher now and he is stronger for sure.