PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 579 Discussion / 580 Prediction

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

sindergi
March 25, 2010, 05:18 AM
Maybe this Rockstar could join the Strawhats after this. Shanks could leaven behind with a message for Luffy and with the hat.

Ruffy still needs a Vice-captain. His bounty was 94 mill at his first appereance and maybe it is higher now and he is stronger for sure.

i dont see any reason why Rockstar should join the sh.......but maybe you´re right and he will deliver a message (and a hat :) to luffy - maybe Rockstar is Shanks errand boy :eyeroll

And ZORRO will be the Vice-Captain......i hope so

Auditore
March 25, 2010, 05:31 AM
i dont see any reason why Rockstar should join the sh.......but maybe you´re right and he will deliver a message (and a hat :) to luffy - maybe Rockstar is Shanks errand boy :eyeroll

And ZORRO will be the Vice-Captain......i hope so

Zorro is favourite character but Luffys VICE has to stronger then Zorro and a King Haki or like 'Rays Haki' user

sindergi
March 25, 2010, 05:39 AM
Zorro is favourite character but Luffys VICE has to stronger then Zorro and a King Haki or like 'Rays Haki' user

I agree with you that Luffy´s first mate has to be really strong.....
.....but you have to have some faith in Zorro. He will become the strongest Swordsman in the world, stronger than Mihawk. And i think this is enough to be the first mate :D

Maybe I just dont like idea that someone else (than one of the "original" sh...zorro, sanji, nami, "Usopp") become the first mate of the sh.....so believe me - Zorro will become the first mate.....all you need is faith :D

stoz500
March 25, 2010, 05:39 AM

I don't agree. The whole point of Luffy's crew is that we are watching them all grow and get stronger that's why we get attached to them. I don't like the idea of super strong characters joining the crew (although I think Zorro, Sanji, and probably Franky, Brook and Chopper could defeat Rockstar even if they have smaller bounties). That's why I don't want Jimbei (whose a great character) or Boa (who I don't like so much) or any other really strong character join. I'd prefer someone on their level join and watch them struggle and get stronger.

Kickmeister
March 25, 2010, 05:44 AM
This was a real nice chapter, some new questions arose and seeing Shanks again was nice. Really looking forward to see how the rest of his crew tackles the situation...
Even though it might be a bit OT, I myself have always seen Zoro as a kind-of Vice-Captain in the Strawhat crew. He was Luffy's first crewmate, has been the person to take responsibility in tough situation and also has the potential to grow into one of the strongest persons in OP.. King Haki? Yeah why not...

About this chapter.. I really liked the smooth transition, where Shanks + Crew appeared, whilst Luffy left the stage..

Oda + Predictions don't always go along that well, but if I am to predict something I think that next chapter might be a more "talkative" one, in contrast to some of the action-filled ones we have seen lately..

chitgoks
March 25, 2010, 05:45 AM
I know this pretty out there as a theory because we don't know a lot about what devil fruits are and how they work but I wonder if the power of devil fruits can be transferred without actually eating a devil fruit (BB did it somehow with the Gura Gura no mi). Maybe when a devil fruit user dies if the devil fruit finds a compatible host nearby the the power transfers to that person. Maybe the 'voice' that dissapeared was the devil fruit and Cobi has just inherited Ace's power. I told you it was out there but what do think?

if that would be the case then a whole lot of other marines will also be getting DFs. cant say they are weaker than coby... im sure there are marines who are stronger than coby, should be getting some Dfs too if that's the case

PaPiPuPePo~
March 25, 2010, 05:56 AM
Its so sad D:
after ace death we didnt see any reaction from garp >_<
luffy is down and he dont show any emotionen T_T
but at coby he shows up XD
i just saying I WANT TO SEE MORE GARP T_T

Isto
March 25, 2010, 06:03 AM
Maybe whitebeard was so kind that he holded back his powers at the marine hq because he thinks about well being of other ppl, so he did not want to cause that tsunami to the archipelago bb caused. I think whitebeard could have caused a LOT of more damage if he had wished to, like bb's earthquake x10-100. Sengoku said he could destroy the world, if that was the extend of wb's powers, he didnt use even a 0.1% of it.

sindergi
March 25, 2010, 06:06 AM
Its so sad D:

Yeah it seems like that Garp definitely likes Coby almost like a grandson.....
.....and finally one "grandson" who wants to become a marine and not a pirate :tem

My prediction or my hope is.....that shanks will give the hat back to luffy himself....i just want that these two met again.
And i dont think that anyone else will shop up - Rayleigh has to collect the other sh one by one...so he´s busy. Dragon has nothing to do with this war - maybe only if he predicted that Luffy will showing up and trying to rescue Ace....but i dont think so.

Maybe Shanks could make an agreement with Kaidou and he will show up too.....but this would be a overkill for the marines - two yonkous,BB and crew and WB crew.

sarutobi_sensei
March 25, 2010, 06:21 AM
i cant figure out how he stopped kizaru. did he shoot him?

Not yet D:

kizaru's mocking ben that's for sure.

Oh I doubt it. He put his hands up. Not even with Rayleigh did he do that.

This war the marines out-numbered the pirates almost 10 : 1.The marines have 100, 000 marines including the pacifistas and shichis.Wb and his allies barely 10,000.It's actually quite one sided.Even that it's not a total victory for the Marines.Can't blame Sengoku for his strategy not working out properly with BB, luffy and shanks butting in a last minute.Still its a win for the marines.

I guess Shanks and his crew job in this war is to hold off the powerful marines and let the wb pirates retreat and escape.But Is It Enough?Thank god luffy manage to escape.He will get his hat back.For now his life is more important than his hat.

Well 100.000 most of them not being VA and on Smoker's level of power means nothing.

But I don't wanna discuss the numbers.

Well he's one of the 4 emperors so I imagine his crew is all extremely capable. Is it possible to infuse haki into your bullets I wonder? It would explain why kizaru obeyed. :X

Yes it is. In amazon lily the Kuja infused Haki with the arrows.

Zoro is the Vice-Captain. Plus he has not yet revealed anything about his haki. So don't go spouting non-sense.

OunknownO
March 25, 2010, 06:25 AM
Not yet D:

Oh I doubt it. He put his hands up. Not even with Rayleigh did he do that.

Well 100.000 most of them not being VA and on Smoker's level of power means nothing.

But I don't wanna discuss the numbers.

Yes it is. In amazon lily the Kuja infused Haki with the arrows.

Zoro is the Vice-Captain. Plus he has not yet revealed anything about his haki. So don't go spouting non-sense.

I agree with you on all count's, Zoro and Luffy are equally strong in their fights the result was always a draw

Dark Doc.
March 25, 2010, 06:27 AM
Its so sad D:

Well I think this is could count as a reaction to Ace's death
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/06/ ;)

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 25, 2010, 06:33 AM
Maybe this Rockstar could join the Strawhats after this. Shanks could leaven behind with a message for Luffy and with the hat.

Ruffy still needs a Vice-captain. His bounty was 94 mill at his first appereance and maybe it is higher now and he is stronger for sure.

No, he doesn't need. Zoro is his unofficial first mate (i.e. vice captain).
[hr]

Zoro is almost as strong as Luffy. Their clash at Whiskey Peak was to show their power levels were equal when they entered grand line. Then, Franky Family wondered why is he not the captain, implying he is powerful enough for that. I personally think that Zoro is stronger than Luffy in first gear. Someone stronger than him would probably be stronger than Luffy, so it wouldn't make sense.

coqui018
March 25, 2010, 06:41 AM
ok, so far only three of the straw hats have shown any signs of having some sort of haki and they are luffy - obvious his has the kings haki, zoro for being able to hear the breath of things (seen the das bone fight) and nami for being able to predict the weather not sure if that counts but they stated in the manga that the cyclones in the grand line are impossible to predict and nami has been able to sort of notice when the weather was going bad before the weather actually turned bad. i wonder who is going to show signs next.

St Michael
March 25, 2010, 06:41 AM
Of course Kizaru is mocking Beckman.

You see it as he stretched is name as he did with Law and Luffy.

Kizaru loves to mock people , he's that type of guy.

And , if he didn't ever "surrender" like this before , it's because no one ever put a gun in front of him as Ben does.

fuatf90
March 25, 2010, 06:51 AM

What are you guys on about??? Zoro is already the unofficial vice captain. And someone stronger than Zoro is almost as strong as Luffy. Zoro will have haki mark my words.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 25, 2010, 06:52 AM
^ and whats with the hands up like surrendering or something and kizaru mocks even when about to wet his pants . its freacking beckman we re talking about here and that was the coolest moment since the other coolest moments .
anyways did anybody notice that coby was knocked out because of the KH that shanks used .

Isto
March 25, 2010, 06:53 AM
I think one proof that luffy has the haki is that he is able to hurt luffy even he is rubber, like garp did. I also think zoro / sanji must mater haki in some point, if not even now. Maybe brook too.

Might be it was not the kings haki, maybe just because he think he died and passed out when kizaru attacked, a mental shock or something. Or just awesomeness of shanks without any haki use. At least there was not shown that he used haki, often there are some power waves or stuff shown.

Also, wb said before he met shanks, or was it marco that rookies would lose their conciusnes in front of that man, and coby was just in front.

Lee-tyme7
March 25, 2010, 07:02 AM
Its so sad D:

nah, he knew Coby wouldn't stand a chance against Akainu so he's worried but Ace & Luffy are strong so Garp doesn't need show too much emotion.

Dark Doc.
March 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
ok, so far only three of the straw hats have shown any signs of having some sort of haki and they are luffy - obvious his has the kings haki, zoro for being able to hear the breath of things (seen the das bone fight) and nami for being able to predict the weather not sure if that counts but they stated in the manga that the cyclones in the grand line are impossible to predict and nami has been able to sort of notice when the weather was going bad before the weather actually turned bad. i wonder who is going to show signs next.

I think it's kinda far-fetched to think already 3 of the SH have haki (even if it's on a low level..). I could believe the thing about Zorro, but I think Nami could read the weather this good just because she is an awesome navigator and has kinda talent for the navigation/reading the sea thing.

However, I (and I think almost everybody who reads one piece) am sure of the fact that the SH will all have haki over time, because their future is to become a major threat to the WG. And obvisiously the fact they withstood a haki blast from Rayleigh indicates they already have strong will/ambition.

Bertosch
March 25, 2010, 07:13 AM
I guess Zoro has some kind of haki. For me he is nearly as strong as Luffy. But actually you can not compare Luffy and Zoro...

Hope we will see all SH very very soon.

Schabrak
March 25, 2010, 07:15 AM
nah, he knew Coby wouldn't stand a chance against Akainu so he's worried but Ace & Luffy are strong so Garp doesn't need show too much emotion.
Just that Oda has shown reactions from Garp to those tree, but what do people expect? 16 pages full of Garp crying? Get real, Odacchi is already over his maximum of chapters for the war, for months, not weeks. By comparison, Luffy and Ace may/were a lot stronger than Coby, but even those two have/had absolutly no chance against Akainu, so that argument fails. ;>

Law is about to escape and it was an direct order to take Luffy out, so it's obvious, that
he has not stopped to mock someone, but 'cause he knows that Beckman would be able to hurt him.

This is not the thread to discuss who of the Strawhats has Haki or not!!!

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 25, 2010, 07:16 AM
Of course Kizaru is mocking Beckman.

You see it as he stretched is name as he did with Law and Luffy.

Kizaru loves to mock people , he's that type of guy.

And , if he didn't ever "surrender" like this before , it's because no one ever put a gun in front of him as Ben does.

I also thought he was mocking, then I realized he let Luffy and Law escape by putting his hands up. You wouldn't allow that just to mock someone. I think he is mocking by putting his hands up, but he had to turn his attention from Law to Beckman. Beckman doesn't seem like the kind of man you can ignore when he is pointing a gun at you.

fuatf90
March 25, 2010, 07:23 AM
Just that Oda has shown reactions from Garp to those tree, but what do people expect? 16 pages full of Garp crying? Get real, Odacchi is already over his maximum of chapters for the war, for months, not weeks. By comparison, Luffy and Ace may/were a lot stronger than Coby, but even those two have/had absolutly no chance against Akainu, so that argument fails. ;>

Coby lacks something. Something people like Luffy, Ace, Shanks, Zoro, Sanji, WB, i could go on, have. I think it is the fact that even they know they are incapable of doing something, they go for it. Those people fight for what they believe, Coby bursts his "seconds of courage" and stands arms open in front of Akainu rather than actually doing something. Yes, he cried out and everything but none of the people I listed above would never cry in a battlefield. That's why Coby will always be under Luffy's level. I don't see him becoming an Admiral, and if he gets the mera mera fruit I think it will be a total waste.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 25, 2010, 07:24 AM
I think one proof that luffy has the haki is that he is able to hurt luffy even he is rubber, like garp did. I also think zoro / sanji must mater haki in some point, if not even now. Maybe brook too.

Might be it was not the kings haki, maybe just because he think he died and passed out when kizaru attacked, a mental shock or something. Or just awesomeness of shanks without any haki use. At least there was not shown that he used haki, often there are some power waves or stuff shown.

Also, wb said before he met shanks, or was it marco that rookies would lose their conciusnes in front of that man, and coby was just in front.

he blocked magma attack you know what that means the sword could 've just melted . and akainu's fist is large so a sword compared to it is nothing plus the magma isnt solid the sword couldve sliped throught it this all says its haki plus the usual fainting .

right but if the guy responsible didnt say anything then its probably okay . i mean no offence but would you chillax for a sec . it all falls under the epic OP .

NeverEnder
March 25, 2010, 07:45 AM
It's official: Luffy has lost everything, even his straw hat.

I guess he is now on his way back to Shabondy, to be dropped off with Raleigh. I wonder how Kidd feels about being outdone by his two "rivals"?

Isto
March 25, 2010, 07:54 AM
he blocked magma attack you know what that means the sword could 've just melted . and akainu's fist is large so a sword compared to it is nothing plus the magma isnt solid the sword couldve sliped throught it this all says its haki plus the usual fainting .

It's not that ppl always faint when someone is using haki, also the sword shanks has could be a very special sword. Must be, if he have dueled with mihawk or else the sword would have broken to "words strongest slash with one of the 12 best swords". And there is not even a scratch in that sword.

There also is not shown that charasteric that is always shown when someone uses that sleeping haki, dunno really, and not like it matters anyway.

pirateninjahunter
March 25, 2010, 08:21 AM
It seems to me that Shanx's crew has more high level members. Marco was the segond strongest from the WB pirates, but Kizaru was never afraid of Marco. But he IS AFRAID OF BECKMAN.

I want to see Luckyroux and Yassop beat the admirals.

Shanx came to end the war, he would not try to do that knowning that he couldnt. So, IMO, his crew is so strong that they can stop the marines from attacking the WB pirates. That means that he can stop the admirals and sengoku and garp.

It seems to me that Shanx's crew is about quality members and not quantity, WB's case. He also wanted to recruit Marco when he was at the Mobydick.

street_san
March 25, 2010, 08:39 AM
I was thinking of the chapter a bit and I think that Shank's appearance was a favor ask by Whitebeard.

I mean, it pretty seems that WB knew he would've died. Assuming that he doesn't succeed to destroy MF, he might've ask Shanks to come and help his crew out. Shanks doesn't seems of the selfish pirate who would'nt help someone. But anyway, just a theory.

carb
March 25, 2010, 08:45 AM
It seems to me that Shanx's crew has more high level members. Marco was the segond strongest from the WB pirates, but Kizaru was never afraid of Marco. But he IS AFRAID OF BECKMAN.

I want to see Luckyroux and Yassop beat the admirals.

Shanx came to end the war, he would not try to do that knowning that he couldnt. So, IMO, his crew is so strong that they can stop the marines from attacking the WB pirates. That means that he can stop the admirals and sengoku and garp.

It seems to me that Shanx's crew is about quality members and not quantity, WB's case. He also wanted to recruit Marco when he was at the Mobydick.

let's not get ahead of ourselves.. the admirals & shichibukai exist to balance the power of the yonkou. before the war, we can view the equation as:

4(yonkou) = 7?(admirals, VCs, sengoku) + 7 shichibukai.

i would guess that the admirals are definitely stornger than the 7 shichibukai, or else what's the point of being under the gov't.

so with that picture in mind, and we're talking right now of 1 of the yonkou against the whole gov't at the same time... i would guess that the obj. of shanks right now is to get the pirates to safety. the most is that he will defeat 1 admiral.

urlaub
March 25, 2010, 09:11 AM
I am shure Luffy now is safe and a coma is a real possibility. With a awakening in the fishman island and making the baddest entry thus far just when the strawhats are overwhelmed by the next villan.

How will the strawhat reach Luffy now is the question? Maybe Shanks goes to Shabondy after he hands the marine their ass.

And Beckman is probaly the vice captain and second in strength next to Shanks. So as strong as Zoro compared to Luffy. And that means that Kizaru may very well be couscious in the vicinity of that badass.

And Coby bringing the force and funk to town. I mean the face is masterpiece drawing and where the hell did mantra pop out? Like...wtf, i ask myself?

And probably next week gonna show a little how that fat fastest man makes some marines look like turtles or something.

Luffy will regain everthing and more after losing everything.

gold349
March 25, 2010, 09:13 AM
I was thinking of the chapter a bit and I think that Shank's appearance was a favor ask by Whitebeard.

I mean, it pretty seems that WB knew he would've died. Assuming that he doesn't succeed to destroy MF, he might've ask Shanks to come and help his crew out. Shanks doesn't seems of the selfish pirate who would'nt help someone. But anyway, just a theory.

I second that, its not far fetched at all, I thought the same thing and was reason why Shanks and Kaidu had the disagreement maybe Kaidu wanted all the WB's to fall here and Shanks was going to help WB crew in the case WB himself fell...otherwise pirates marines fight/battle, its natural and entire pirate crews fall, so I'm with you this was WB and Shanks arrangement.

llmcduff
March 25, 2010, 09:19 AM
Whenever Luffy wakes, I can't see him being cheerful/carefree as before. Kind of sad. His personality has to change after this arc but I just hope he won't be an emo boy, which I'm sure he won't be. It'd be good to see how he will be changed after this. I've faith that Oda will do a good job.

hy4k
March 25, 2010, 09:19 AM
i think we can assume kiazaru is genuinely scared of what beckman can do to him, seeing as he left law/luffy/jibei escape. the question is why?

beckman is supposed to be one of the smartest characters in one piece, but kizaru is amde of light and can move at the speed of light. wtf?

darkfiend
March 25, 2010, 09:21 AM
I am shure Luffy now is safe and a coma is a real possibility. With a awakening in the fishman island and making the baddest entry thus far just when the strawhats are overwhelmed by the next villan.

How will the strawhat reach Luffy now is the question? Maybe Shanks goes to Shabondy after he hands the marine their ass.

And Beckman is probaly the vice captain and second in strength next to Shanks. So as strong as Zoro compared to Luffy. And that means that Kizaru may very well be couscious in the vicinity of that badass.

And Coby bringing the force and funk to town. I mean the face is masterpiece drawing and where the hell did mantra pop out? Like...wtf, i ask myself?

And probably next week gonna show a little how that fat fastest man makes some marines look like turtles or something.

Luffy will regain everthing and more after losing everything.

I dont think he will get in a coma, law as he is 'the dark doctor' or whatever it is, will have some way to speed up his recovery.
Beckman is the first mate isnt he?
Mantra came from when he said that he felt a voice dissapear.

I agree with you on all count's, Zoro and Luffy are equally strong in their fights the result was always a draw

I dont think they are equal. I dont see how Zoro could beat Luffy right now, gear 2 is just so much faster than Zoro.

The rookie
March 25, 2010, 09:32 AM
the voice that disappeared in Corbys head, is maby to one which tells him he is doing the right thing (that would be fight on the side of marines ; or fighting on this war).

THM Nindo
March 25, 2010, 09:37 AM
Wow!!!
It's crazy!!!

I never thought we would see Shanks being so serious!
He's really not kidding this time!

Though, I'm not sure what he meant when he said Coby changed the fate of the world with the few seconds he saved...
What would have happened in those few seconds?
(Or is it Oda trying to give Coby some importance for almost nothing...? :tem)

hy4k
March 25, 2010, 09:39 AM
Though, I'm not sure what he meant when he said Coby changed the fate of the world with the few seconds he saved...

he meant that coby's little outburst saved luffy (aka the future of the world)

a lot of people have commented on luffy's importance. whitebeard, mihawk, dragon, shanks all think he's going to do big things

llmcduff
March 25, 2010, 09:44 AM
I second that, its not far fetched at all, I thought the same thing and was reason why Shanks and Kaidu had the disagreement maybe Kaidu wanted all the WB's to fall here and Shanks was going to help WB crew in the case WB himself fell...otherwise pirates marines fight/battle, its natural and entire pirate crews fall, so I'm with you this was WB and Shanks arrangement.

Kaidou was mentioned to intercept Shanks coming. I wonder what's the other Kaidou is doing, sipping tea?

Akainu
March 25, 2010, 09:50 AM
Kaidou was mentioned to intercept Shanks coming. I wonder what's the other Kaidou is doing, sipping tea?
the other way round it is, Shanks intercepted Kaidou who wanted to go for Whitebeards head;
and the word you were searching for is probably Yonkou since there is only one Kaidou (=name of the character) who is one of the 'four emperors';

hy4k
March 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
i think a few people have commented on kaidou

he wanted to stop the war (which could be seen as a noble thing). he couldn't stop the war because shanks was there

he probably just went home

goldb
March 25, 2010, 10:21 AM

I think the same thing too. I think Shanks will hold onto the strawhat for now until Luffy comes to find him in the NW. That or he will give it someone and make sure Luffy gets it.
Curiel(10th Division Commander) was taken out; almost (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/78/08-09.png) burnt to a crisp by Akainu, aka the biggest winner of the war.

If you really look at this chapter, we see the difference in justice within the marines conflicting. Whereas Doberman and Akainu are pro absolute justice (and so is Smoker imo), Tashigi and Coby looked like they had doubts as to what they should do...

@hy4k: Kizaru is not scared by what Beckman could do to him, he plays that kinda crap all the time. He did the same thing when Marco stopped him from attacking WB and when Basil Hawkins turned into his "Devil Conquering form". But it's funny how he actualy put huis hands up, lol.

SO the submarine is now submerged right? Shanks is here to end the war but how many chapters do you think it will be til we actually leave Marineford? I'm guessing max 5.

Akainu
March 25, 2010, 10:34 AM
@hy4k

Marine: Vice-Admiral Momonga!!!
Momonga: What is it?
Marine: It seems that "Red-Hair" has caused something of a skirmish in the New World...
Momonga: Red-Hair?! Could it be some kind of mistake...? / Why now...? Who was the opponent.........?!!
Marine: Kaidou of the Yonkou...!!!
Momonga: ?!!
Marine: The opinion at Headquarters is that Kaidou meant to take this opportunity to eliminate Whitebeard... / ...and Red-Hair moved to stop him... everyone is in a state of supreme tension......!!
the manga is pretty clear on it, that Kaidou is an enemy of WB, he could have stopped the war with taking WB's head, that it was his intention to end the war like that is fairly unlikely though.
It is interesting nonetheless that this confrontation has ended and Shanks was able to travel to MF. SO either it might still go on lead by one of Shanks underlings (unlikely), or ended with the start of the war, since Kaidou wanted to eliminate WB in a unharmed state (quite possible), no?

edit: @goldb: I think it's four more chapters, not completly at MF though. we should see a hint at how the war was ended as well as what happens on Sabaody (quite important if you think about it, where the Tsunami will hit and where the ship of the strawhats is) and what the Strawhats did during the war/Luffys treatment - one or two chapters like before for all of them and volume 59 should be filled ^^

Lostromos
March 25, 2010, 10:37 AM

he wanted to stop the war (which could be seen as a noble thing). he couldn't stop the war because shanks was there

If you notice Shanks doesnt look like he was fighting before he came here.A fight between 2 Yonkou crew would cause to both of them and their crews lot of dmg and fatigue.Shanks is in excellent condition , so something else happened between him adn Kaidou , for sure not fighting, but i guess we will learn about it later.

I dont think they are equal. I dont see how Zoro could beat Luffy right now, gear 2 is just so much faster than Zoro.

Until now all their fights were a draw.The only reason people think that Luffy is stronger than Zoro is because is the main character and the captain of the crew.There is no other evidense. Dont forget that the natural enemy for Luffy are slashing attacks, so opponents with slashing attacks are more dangerous for Luffy. For me Luffy and Zoro are equal :D

darkfiend
March 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
Until now all their fights were a draw.The only reason people think that Luffy is stronger than Zoro is because is the main character and the captain of the crew.There is no other evidense. Dont forget that the natural enemy for Luffy are slashing attacks, so opponents with slashing attacks are more dangerous for Luffy. For me Luffy and Zoro are equal :D

Hmm i guess it makes them uncomparable then! :D
Zoro without slashing attacks would get nowhere, and so would luffy against them.

superman97
March 25, 2010, 11:54 AM
If you notice Shanks doesnt look like he was fighting before he came here.A fight between 2 Yonkou crew would cause to both of them and their crews lot of dmg and fatigue.Shanks is in excellent condition , so something else happened between him adn Kaidou , for sure not fighting, but i guess we will learn about it later.

If you look at how strong Rayleigh is now, it is doubtful Roger was that much stronger when they were both in their prime. So I think Zoro is on par with Luffy, but not stronger.

Duc :D
March 25, 2010, 11:58 AM
One Piece characters are not comparable in terms of strength anyway so you could say someone's stronger than another but in case of Luffy and Zorro I would say Zorro couldn't beat Luffy However they will never fight to death anyway so who cares.

goldb
March 25, 2010, 11:59 AM
I forgot to mention how Coby fainted in Shanks presence due to his haki.

Fox666
March 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
I suppose Shanks used Haki to block Akainu attack?

BurninDarkness
March 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
i think luffy needs to get his hat b4 the next adventure
it will be weeird for him to continue his journey without the straw hat he had
its the trademark of these guys
so i think the hat will definetly be returned to luffy b4 his next adv

Bugzee
March 25, 2010, 12:07 PM
The Thousand Sunny was docked at Grove 41. So it should be safe since it's at a higher ground compared to Grove 1 lol. Then again, Rayleigh may have moved it already. I hope the ship will be ok. :s

Silvers will take good care of the Sunny. :shakefist

roymustang86
March 25, 2010, 12:12 PM
the other way round it is, Shanks intercepted Kaidou who wanted to go for Whitebeards head;
and the word you were searching for is probably Yonkou since there is only one Kaidou (=name of the character) who is one of the 'four emperors';

wonder who the 4th emperor is, or Yonkou.

Fox666
March 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
i think luffy needs to get his hat b4 the next adventure
it will be weeird for him to continue his journey without the straw hat he had
its the trademark of these guys
so i think the hat will definetly be returned to luffy b4 his next advIt would be interesting if Luffy get Ace's hat left on Banaro...

BurninDarkness
March 25, 2010, 12:19 PM
but it wont be a strawhat anymore or is it????

superman97
March 25, 2010, 12:21 PM

DADAN... just kidding but I feel like we are going to see him soon and he will be someone very strong and influencial.

fistsofrage
March 25, 2010, 12:24 PM
This. That was probably the best entrance out of this whole arc. And entrances equals power level.

Lolz "entrances equal power level" that's how Oda keeps things interesting. And if entrances are anything to rate by then luffy's been doing a damn good job.

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 12:24 PM
"Listen up all of you! Behold the power of mine."
Haki burst out like fireworks and shanks spit the island in 3. yohohoho.

Dark Doc.
March 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
I think the same thing too. I think Shanks will hold onto the strawhat for now until Luffy comes to find him in the NW. That or he will give it someone and make sure Luffy gets it.
Curiel(10th Division Commander) was taken out; almost (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/78/08-09.png) burnt to a crisp by Akainu, aka the biggest winner of the war.

If you really look at this chapter, we see the difference in justice within the marines conflicting. Whereas Doberman and Akainu are pro absolute justice (and so is Smoker imo), Tashigi and Coby looked like they had doubts as to what they should do...

SO the submarine is now submerged right? Shanks is here to end the war but how many chapters do you think it will be til we actually leave Marineford? I'm guessing max 5.

I think Smoker is con absolute justice, he didn't take the credits for the fall of Crocodile but let the SH pirates have the fame. plus: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/7
Smoker is clearly worried about the growing bloodthirst of some marines.

BurninDarkness
March 25, 2010, 12:39 PM
i wonder what aokkijis next step will seeing he isnt targeted by ne1 yet though

TonyTonyChopper
March 25, 2010, 12:48 PM
I think nobody dare to been frozen by him... who is Ben Beckman actually? never heard about him before, he looks like Yasopp

PH3000
March 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
I think Smoker is con absolute justice, he didn't take the credits for the fall of Crocodile but let the SH pirates have the fame. plus: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/7

I'm really interested whhat smokers, tashigsi, cobys and others conclusion will be after this war. All of them had similar thoughts and i think this experiences will form their sense of "justice" a bit more.
I think Akoiji is one person who has a "just" sence of justice like garp and the three mentioned above will think alot like they do.

Btw, i havn't said yet, what awesome chapter i read yesterday :) The probably best part was cobys speech, and it's good to know that luffy and law are on their escape. I wonder if shanks will return the hat personally to luffy. I thought a while about luffy gaining ace's hat but it makes no sense:sweat Sh-pirates without sh? impossible :)

edit:
@post before: ben beckman is the vice of shanks and the one who took care of those mountain bandits in luffy's childhood

Bugzee
March 25, 2010, 12:59 PM
but it wont be a strawhat anymore or is it????

Off course Luffy will still have the straw hat. I think Shanks will give it back to him via Buggy! :D There's a possiblity that Shanks may take the hat and wait for Luffy in the NW. Either way, it's impossible and silly to consider that the straw hat will be no more or become redundant from the main OP story.

DADAN... just kidding but I feel like we are going to see him soon and he will be someone very strong and influencial.

I can't wait to see Dadan! I have a feeling that we'll see him once Garp takes care of Ace's corpse. ;)

"Listen up all of you! Behold the power of mine."
Haki burst out like fireworks and shanks spit the island in 3. yohohoho.

I would love to see Shanks KO the majority of marines with a haki burst but I don't think he'll use it unless it's really necessary. :s The less time Shanks stays at Marineford the better imo. The WB & NW pirates need to get off of the island asap.

Smoker to take care of Coby for the time being? :blink

i wonder what aokkijis next step will seeing he isnt targeted by ne1 yet though

I'm hoping Yasopp gets a few hits on him. :D

Junior
March 25, 2010, 01:06 PM
I think nobody dare to been frozen by him... who is Ben Beckman actually? never heard about him before, he looks like Yasopp

Shank's first mate.

I'm wondering why Kizaru is hesitating.

Yeah, I understand the whole Haki thing but...isn't Kizaru made of light?

...and I wonder if it's possible to infuse bullets with Haki. Either that or his ammunition is tipped with seastone?

happy GIN smily
March 25, 2010, 01:37 PM
i dont understand why Kizaru is impressed by Beckman. Normaly he has noting to fear exept Seastone and Haki....
but anyway he is light. and light is faster than any bullet. so he should be able to dodge any attack from anyboy.

i think his weak point is his relatively slow brain. he allways seams a little retarded to me in his cruelty.
the ordinary pirate on Shabondy Archipelago shot him twice with his pistol before Kizaru even realized the situation. if that pirate had used Seastone bullets........

misterchaos
March 25, 2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/7

Here Coby says something like there is a voice, dissapearing, maybe he has the ability of Mantra, and a wide one cuz he can hear the whole battlefield..1 more power for Coby..

Gcat88
March 25, 2010, 01:38 PM
WOW!!!! read the first chapters of OP again!!! considered one of the smartest people in all of OP world, STATED BY ODA, and Shanks' right hand man!!! Akoji wont do anything, and if he does another member will be there to stop him. i hope we see some Rockstar Fighting!!!!!!

Zehahaha
March 25, 2010, 01:39 PM
Nope, Kizaru scared him! ;)

Nope, he was concerned, since he refused to give Jimbei and Luffy to some unknown pirate, if he didn't care about them, he would throw them since the beginning without asking " Who are you kid ? "

It was after Kizaru used his laser, that he decided to throw them and get away from Kizaru

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 01:41 PM
I honestly thought that Kizaru was going to kick Law and his crew back to the way they came ... Lucky rookie is lucky. ^^

Saint Markus
March 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
just read the chapter and i'm glad to see Shanks make an appearance. kudos, to Oda for keeping a good storyline for all these years.

i want Kizaru to be shot too, hate that guy and his light speed powers!.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 01:54 PM
I lik the way Coby fainted when Shanks used Haki :XD

Uriel
March 25, 2010, 01:55 PM
i dont understand why Kizaru is impressed by Beckman. Normaly he has noting to fear exept Seastone and Haki....
but anyway he is light. and light is faster than any bullet. so he should be able to dodge any attack from anyboy.

i think his weak point is his relatively slow brain. he allways seams a little retarded to me in his cruelty.
the ordinary pirate on Shabondy Archipelago shot him twice with his pistol before Kizaru even realized the situation. if that pirate had used Seastone bullets........
He may be light, but his reactions and reflexes are still...well, human. Superhuman if we consider that he's an admiral. Maybe Benn is even faster than that.

Also, I don't eat that theory about him moving at the speed of light. He's light, but only as light can move at that speed. If He's carrying his body in material form, I doubt He can actually reach that speed.

superman97
March 25, 2010, 02:06 PM
I lik the way Coby fainted when Shanks used Haki :XD

It really does amaze me how Oda doesn't miss a single detail (yes i know blackbeards teeth but thats not important.)

Kizaru can't just move at the speed of light at will. If you look back to when he fought Rayleigh he has to shoot beams in the direction he plans on going first.
[hr]
I hope we see Hancock ask to join Shanks after the war to learn how to master her Haki. This would set up a nice way to include both her and Jimbei into the Strawhats since Shanks has to return the hat after the arc.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 02:08 PM
I think there will be 5 or 4 more chapters before the war ends ... That's just enough to have it end with Volume 59 and then Volume 60 will deal with the aftermath. :)

jiminy
March 25, 2010, 02:16 PM
i think the war will end in 2-3 chapters because of the arrival of Shanks.
And maybe the last chapter of the volume will show Law arriving at Shabondy or Fishman Island as the end of the chapter.

I wonder what are BB's thoughts on Shanks arriving at Marineford, we have yet to see what his reaction is, as well as Sengoku's

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 02:16 PM
I hope we see Hancock ask to join Shanks after the war to learn how to master her Haki. This would set up a nice way to include both her and Jimbei into the Strawhats since Shanks has to return the hat after the arc.

:err Hancock?? Honestly, does she really need any improvement? she can use it whenever she likes/needs. IMO

Lord Rayleigh
March 25, 2010, 02:45 PM
WOW ! I've just realized that Coby saved Luffy's life !

Kizaru was about to destroy Law'submarine with his powers and thus killed all of the people on it - see the light on his finger aiming Law'ship - but suddenly the Admiral stopped because of Coby's loud " That's enough ! "
He listened to Coby'speech and thus forgot about his duty for a while (stupid Yellow Monkey).
After it ended up, he decided to finally do his job but that was too late : Coby gave the time to Ben Beckam to come on the top of the marine ship's mast and stop the Admiral, " Don't move a muscle, Kizaru. "

That explains what Shanks said to Coby at the end, " Those few seconds of courage, for good or bad, have greatly change the fate of the world. "
Shanks, even now that he's a Yonkou, still believe that Luffy will be the one to cause this great war that Whitebeard was talking about before dying.

Coby is the best !

Bugzee
March 25, 2010, 02:48 PM
I really can't see Hancock joining the Red Hair Pirates. :darn Why would she join them in the first place? :err

I can't wait to see BB's reaction to Shanks appearing and I'm dying to know what kind of reaction Buggy will have. :XD

hy4k
March 25, 2010, 02:53 PM
@hy4k

the manga is pretty clear on it, that Kaidou is an enemy of WB, he could have stopped the war with taking WB's head, that it was his intention to end the war like that is fairly unlikely though.
It is interesting nonetheless that this confrontation has ended and Shanks was able to travel to MF. SO either it might still go on lead by one of Shanks underlings (unlikely), or ended with the start of the war, since Kaidou wanted to eliminate WB in a unharmed state (quite possible), no?

hmm... if that's the case then he probably got wind of whitebeard's death and went home. there's no chance of him pulling a blackbeard now and going to war with shanks would cripple him and possibly get him killed

superman97
March 25, 2010, 03:01 PM
I really can't see Hancock joining the Red Hair Pirates. :darn Why would she join them in the first place? :err

I can't wait to see BB's reaction to Shanks appearing and I'm dying to know what kind of reaction Buggy will have. :XD
I didnt mean join when I mentioned that before. Rather I'd like to see her travel back to Luffy with Shanks and maybe get a few pointers on how to master he Haki so that she can teach it to the Strawhats if she joins the crew.

jaguar d soul
March 25, 2010, 03:16 PM
i never thought that someone gonna freeze kizaru...:)
it seems like kizaru scare of ben beckman..:p

hahaha...i wonder how buggy will react....

Poneglyph420
March 25, 2010, 03:23 PM
I severely doubt we will see a "training arc" after this war. Luffy is in critical condition and has already learned valuable lessons from the tragedy of this war. Luffy will have all the resolve needed to ply onwards IMO....
The last words of the chapter were "The end draws nigh" so it seems like the end is getting close.. maybe a few chapters to make some resolution and for the Akagami crew to tidy up..........

WickedNeko
March 25, 2010, 03:23 PM
Shank's first mate.

I'm wondering why Kizaru is hesitating.

Yeah, I understand the whole Haki thing but...isn't Kizaru made of light?

...and I wonder if it's possible to infuse bullets with Haki. Either that or his ammunition is tipped with seastone?

Remember the arc before ID (the one where Luffy ends up on Hancock's island)? The huntresses there used haki arrows. In fact, they were operating under the assumption that everyone infused haki into arrows / weapons.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/516/06/

Zhasal
March 25, 2010, 03:27 PM
So, someone was talking about Luffy´s ¨first mate¨ and ¨vice captain¨.
Basicly, first mate is the one who joined the crew first. So for example, Rayleigh was one to Roger as he was the one to join first... And as all of us who read one piece since begining know, Usopp could be considered as Vice Captain, atleast he calls himself that, and would be silly to change that.

Ravis
March 25, 2010, 03:30 PM
Yea, the wars all but over, at least for now. I cant really see this going on for to long once the main char. has left the picture. Ill give it 2 more weeks till it switches to the rest of the crew.

Marche
March 25, 2010, 03:31 PM
So, someone was talking about Luffy´s ¨first mate¨ and ¨vice captain¨.
Basicly, first mate is the one who joined the crew first. So for example, Rayleigh was one to Roger as he was the one to join first... And as all of us who read one piece since begining know, Usopp could be considered as Vice Captain, atleast he calls himself that, and would be silly to change that.No the first mate is Zoro (That is said in a Databook, I think the "Red").

Zhasal
March 25, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yes excactly, first mate is Zoro that is what i ment, but vice captain and first mate ain't the same thing, and i think that Usopp is the Vice Captain, though I got no proof.

Dice
March 25, 2010, 03:38 PM
While I don't believe that Luffy will lose his hat I want to point out that the condition for returning the hat has been fullfilled, at least in some way. Luffy can be considered a great pirate now. Sure he is still weak but and lacks the influential but he just got the respect of many topdogs of the world. I think he can be considered a great pirate.
Therefore I think that there will be an additional promise like promising that he will return the hat if he has reached Raftel. This way Shanks would acknowledge Luffy as a great pirate just like he acknowledged his big potential in the past. Both by giving Luffy his beloved straw hat.

Poneglyph420
March 25, 2010, 03:40 PM
Yes excactly, first mate is Zoro that is what i ment, but vice captain and first mate ain't the same thing, and i think that Usopp is the Vice Captain, though I got no proof.

That's Usopps delusion no doubt. But the #2 guy in a pirate crew would be the First Mate, who would also be Vice Captn.
I'm pretty sure it's the same thing..

So yeah in the SH that's Zoro.. no doubt.

But we can let Usopp have his delusions...........

godaijutsu-no-hito
March 25, 2010, 03:51 PM
It is funny that eventually Strawhats won't have their distinguishing symbol with them! I am guessing that eventually Luffy will never return the hat...actually I am not sure how that story will play out.

One very interesting fact is that we have more posts on OP forum than the Naruto forum! This is a first! Guess, Kishi's writing has really pissed off a lot of people.

chess4
March 25, 2010, 03:55 PM
That's Usopps delusion no doubt. But the #2 guy in a pirate crew would be the First Mate, who would also be Vice Captn.
I'm pretty sure it's the same thing..

So yeah in the SH that's Zoro.. no doubt.

But we can let Usopp have his delusions...........

yea zoro is defimitely second in command. if you look at it the top 4 in the red hair pirates(shanks, beckman, lucky roo, and yassop) are just like the top 4 of the strawhats luffy is the captian, zoro is second, then sanj, then usopp.
[hr]

It is funny that eventually Strawhats won't have their distinguishing symbol with them! I am guessing that eventually Luffy will never return the hat...actually I am not sure how that story will play out.

One very interesting fact is that we have more posts on OP forum than the Naruto forum! This is a first! Guess, Kishi's writing has really pissed off a lot of people.

the spoiler pics came out monday for one piece and out early wEdnesday for naruto:p

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 04:00 PM
Ben and Shanks are bringing more fear in the admirals' faces than Marco, Vista, Jozu and all of the NW captains.

Ben is really bada$$. :shakefist

Isto
March 25, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think the one piece series will end when luffy finally returns the hat to shanks, before that he qonquers one piece and has crew that wont lose to his crew. Thats the promise he made when he got the hat and the series started.

fuatf90
March 25, 2010, 04:15 PM
Ben and Shanks are bringing more fear in the admirals' faces than Marco, Vista, Jozu and all of the NW captains.

Ben is really bada$$. :shakefist

I can not stop looking at Akainu's face. It was kinda never shown like this, am i right? I am talking about when he was blocked by Shanks.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/13

Gimbo TJ
March 25, 2010, 04:21 PM
I can not stop looking at Akainu's face. It was kinda never shown like this, am i right? I am talking about when he was blocked by Shanks.

yea he's actually sweeting :p

Isto
March 25, 2010, 04:35 PM
Do i remember right if i remember that OP used to have more pages / happening in one chapter :o

I just compared the naruto i read today with the OP, there was so much more to read / watch in that naruto. There was something like 22 pages also, one piece have taken a custom now to be like 15 pages / chapter.

Lord Rayleigh
March 25, 2010, 04:47 PM
Even if it has not been confirmed in a SBS or officially, Zoro is definitely the Vice-captain of the SH pirates :
- he is the first one that joined Luffy
- during the story, some characters thought he was the real captain
- he has always fought the second strongest ennemies
- he's got the second highest bounty and is the last supernova of the crew
- Luffy fought alone against 3 Schichibukai (Crocodile, Moria, Mihawks) and Zoro against 2 (Mihawks, Kuma)
- he's handled serious problems that the captain coud not (Whiskey Peak, Usopp matter, Kuma)
- he has literally been called the " second in command " by Urouge

Oblivion
March 25, 2010, 04:48 PM
one piece have taken a custom now to be like 15 pages / chapter.

don't forget that some of em are double pages!!!

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 04:51 PM
yeah. that must prove that shank is insanly powerful

Isto
March 25, 2010, 04:52 PM
Last chapter was 12 pages with 2 or 3 double pages. Something like 15 if i count double pages as 2. I think one piece might be the shortest manga per chapter that i know.

Yeah shank must be nowdays one of the most powerful ones or the most powerful pirate. Probably not the most powerful one but a most powerful pirate. I think he outmatches kaidou at least after what happened between them and shanks seen here in this war, if not by battling then somehow else. Might be that shanks appearing to stop kaidou was enough and kaidou respects / fears shanks enough to not battle him. And / or they battled a little and kaidou saw better not to continue the battle seeing how powerful shanks and his crew was.

Also, when luffy said in the first chapter that he is going to be a pirate king shanks replied that you are aiming higher than us. I think shanks and his crew is actually the one most close to being pirate king in terms of power. Whitebeard maybe was stronger than shanks, but he had some kind of illnes like roger, anyone think that rogers and whitebeards illnes have something to do in common ?

So even before this war has started shanks might have been more powerful than whitebeard. Also garp is not in his prime also, shanks might be more powerful than garp / sengoku, might be he is most powerful character participating in that war and i sure hope so.

At least i think that is sure that shanks has more powerful crew than whitebeard does. The one making whitebeard pirates so famous was whitebeard himself, even after his illnes he was so feared in the past that the fame only grows even the man himself weakens. Dunno, but might be that in his last days he was not so strong people though he was. And actually pretty kind and caring about civilians when he didnt go all out in marine hq, he could have destryoed it and caused some civilian casaulties but he didnt, maybe just because of that.

Would be funny / cool if the last unknown yonkou happens to be just one man/woman that is powerful enough to compare with other yonkous + their crews. Or what if kaidou is just one man and not a pirate crew + captain. Have there been any mention about kaidous crew ?

Dark Doc.
March 25, 2010, 04:56 PM
I think the one piece series will end when luffy finally returns the hat to shanks, before that he qonquers one piece and has crew that wont lose to his crew. Thats the promise he made when he got the hat and the series started.

It kinda would be really weird for the straw hat pirates to lose their symbol, it would be like Shanks shaving/dying his signature red hair or like Buggy got his nose fixed by a cosmetic surgeon :p But I have to agree, that would be a nice ending

zerocooldx
March 25, 2010, 04:57 PM
Even if it has not been confirmed in a SBS or officially, Zoro is definitely the Vice-captain of the SH pirates :
- he is the first one that joined Luffy
- during the story, some characters thought he was the real captain
- he has always fought the second strongest ennemies
- he's got the second highest bounty and is the last supernova of the crew
- Luffy fought alone against 3 Schichibukai (Crocodile, Moria, Mihawks) and Zoro against 2 (Mihawks, Kuma)
- he's handled serious problems that the captain coud not (Whiskey Peak, Usopp matter, Kuma)
- he has literally been called the " second in command " by Urouge

Well First Mate and Vice Captain are basically the same thing. And in pirate circles First Mate is the preferred term for the second in command. So either way Zoro is clearly the de facto First Mate of the Straw Hats.

Lord Rayleigh
March 25, 2010, 05:05 PM
We can also add that at Thriller Back, Zoro wanted to protect Luffy's dream - that is to say the Captain's dream - with his own life, and then Sanji tried to protect Zoro's dream with his own life. Doesn't it fit a Captain - First Mate - Second Mate scheme ?

OdaForPresident
March 25, 2010, 05:31 PM
Did coby's scream cause some marine to pass out? Can't really see if its that or the marine being shot.

Think we got a good clue though that Coby is (becomming) a haki user. Especially the part about the voices disappearing, that sounds like skypea to me.

RichardMNixon
March 25, 2010, 05:35 PM
It used to be 18 + the cover page = 19. I imagine it's shorter now since the war is incredibly complex to draw, there's very little white space anymore.

I've always thought density was one of OP's strongest attributes. I could read a Naruto chapter in 5 minutes, a bleach chapter in 3, and a One Piece chapter in 15.

Akainu already got rocked by one Yonkou, I wouldn't expect him to be happy to see another one.

pirateninjahunter
March 25, 2010, 05:35 PM
I do believe that Shanx is stronger than anybody in that Island, and it seems that his crew is really strong. Maybe Beckman is also above admiral level.

Poneglyph420
March 25, 2010, 05:42 PM
Can we please look at Kizaru earlier in this war....

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/553/16-17/

He is not only clearly mocking Marco, but the WB pirates too.
It's not safe to assume that the Akagami Pirates are not very diferent in "threat level" to an admiral than the WB's. Making Kizaru one sarcastic bastard.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/554/04-05/

Here again with the mocking Marco, can we really take Kizaru seriously or his character just plain sarcastic and jaded.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565/14-15/

Luffy has performed a near miracle and made it into a plaza of heavyweights... Sure it's a crazy move but again Kizaru with the sarcasm to his enemies.

I digress....
While I do think both Shanks and Ben Beckman are Uber cool characters and are likely some of the most bad ass pirates out there... But Kizaru's giving up???? Really..? :blink
IMO Kizaru knows he got stalled and has lost his chance to take out Law's ship without retribution. But he knows this is not the end of the line, just he got outmoved, so why not be a sarcastic jerk.. It's fitting of his character...
Don't you think????

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 05:43 PM

Well, he felt somehow the same when WhiteBeard was about to crush him, but his face in this chapter is priceless, I guess he won't give another crappy speech about justice from now on ... well, until Shanks is far away. :tem

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 05:53 PM
Akainu was suprise and a lil' scare i think. and i said a LITTLE scare.

Ykee
March 25, 2010, 06:00 PM
Meh that face shows most suprise than fear to me... And not really because of the power of Shanks but because of him being here which is an absolute shock to everybody.

They prepared themself to face only one Yonkou not two.

sarutobi_sensei
March 25, 2010, 06:01 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/07/

Hehe, he said one after the other.

So he probably has mantra or haki. Either way, he can feel and hear voices like that kid Aisa and Enel.

Isto
March 25, 2010, 06:15 PM
Anyone notice, or did not notice doflamingo being happy about shanks appearing. Until now doflamingo have been shown laughing in exitement when anyone major enters the scene. Maybe he indeed is not happy at all when shanks appeared.

Everything was like fun and joke to doflamingo and omg now it's serious shanks is here, this is nothing to joke about.

sarutobi_sensei
March 25, 2010, 06:19 PM
I guess Zoro has some kind of haki. For me he is nearly as strong as Luffy. But actually you can not compare Luffy and Zoro...

Hope we will see all SH very very soon.

Well random bounty hunters have commented on his haki, so yeah, he has it.

Plus his aura is just not natural.

LOL.

I suppose Shanks used Haki to block Akainu attack?

Looks like it.

Could be. We know nothing of that person. I would be like :O if he really was though xD

Ben is the first mate, the one with black hair on the 1st episode. And the one pointing a gun to kizaru on this chapter x)

Did coby's scream cause some marine to pass out? Can't really see if its that or the marine being shot.

Think we got a good clue though that Coby is (becomming) a haki user. Especially the part about the voices disappearing, that sounds like skypea to me.
No it didn't...

Exactly, looks kinda like mantra, but we do know that Marigold and Sandersonia could hear luffy's thoughts on attacking them, so it's possible it's not just mantra and actually haki.

It used to be 18 + the cover page = 19. I imagine it's shorter now since the war is incredibly complex to draw, there's very little white space anymore.

I've always thought density was one of OP's strongest attributes. I could read a Naruto chapter in 5 minutes, a bleach chapter in 3, and a One Piece chapter in 15.

Akainu already got rocked by one Yonkou, I wouldn't expect him to be happy to see another one.
Count the double pages.

Can't wait to see Akainu being tossed around like trash by Shanks x)
[hr]

Anyone notice, or did not notice doflamingo being happy about shanks appearing. Until now doflamingo have been shown laughing in exitement when anyone major enters the scene. Maybe he indeed is not happy at all when shanks appeared.

Everything was like fun and joke to doflamingo and omg now it's serious shanks is here, this is nothing to joke about.
Dofla didn't even appear on the freaking chapter...

Isto
March 25, 2010, 06:24 PM
Dofla didn't even appear on the freaking chapter...

This is exactly my point, until now he have always been shown laughing when someone major enters, now he was not shown.

I assume that shanks appearing might not be anything doflamingo finds fun to laugh at. Everything / everyone else have been a joke to him until now, or at least i hope so.

I assume doflamingo have been laughing in excitement because he knows there is no one who can or will seriously hurt him and he can watch a nice little scene + toy with ppl.

But shanks might not be something like that to doflamingo, he might actually be threatening/someone to fear for real, not just to laugh and joke around.

btw. doflamingo laughed even at bb's enter.

I think if bb would try to suck doflamingo in with his abality doflamingo could just pull himself out with his strings. And maybe control a bb's crewmember at the same time and make him attack bb.

I predict that it would be good for bb to make a strategic retreat and wait until he controls his earthquake powers at full, he stated that he cant control it well yet. But i assume he is too crazy on power to do that. And i assume / hope he goes down because of that.

It's fun how feelings towards marine succes are shifted easily, first when marines was againast wb piarates i hoped that they get their ass kicked and that pirates would not have casaulties, but after bb showed up i have been hoping that marines would get bb for good.

Still a big boo for admirals / sengoku, should order their whole force against bb, at least now when shanks have arrived. They have too much to lose and too less to gain attacking wb and the new world pirates anymore. Guess they are in a blind blood rage like smoker noticed, not very noble and honorable anymore, just rampaging punks in marine uniform. Could be pirates.

Twar
March 25, 2010, 06:25 PM
Someone has probably mentioned this already, but what about connecting the voices Coby is hearing to Roger? The remark by Rayleigh, "being able to hear the voice of all things"... it keeps bugging me. Was it Roger's DF that gave him that ability? Could it be that somewhere along the line, Coby has eaten the DF? Or is it something else entirely, perhaps just a display of his emotional nature?

Andonan
March 25, 2010, 06:31 PM
Someone has probably mentioned this already, but what about connecting the voices Coby is hearing to Roger? The remark by Rayleigh, "being able to hear the voice of all things"... it keeps bugging me. Was it Roger's DF that gave him that ability? Could it be that somewhere along the line, Coby has eaten the DF? Or is it something else entirely, perhaps just a display of his emotional nature?

O was thinking the exact same thing mate!

Perhaps it's a special trait but to be honest i think mantra is more likely!

elitefox
March 25, 2010, 06:40 PM
I just read cnet's version and the trans was better than mangastream as far I can see it but the pics are horrible.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 06:49 PM
I just cannot forget these panels
http://i39.tinypic.com/2d0b6h5.jpg
Akainu is actually scared of shanks and Coby got knocked out. priceless :shakefist

fuatf90
March 25, 2010, 06:59 PM
Can we please look at Kizaru earlier in this war....

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/553/16-17/

He is not only clearly mocking Marco, but the WB pirates too.
It's not safe to assume that the Akagami Pirates are not very diferent in "threat level" to an admiral than the WB's. Making Kizaru one sarcastic bastard.

Here again with the mocking Marco, can we really take Kizaru seriously or his character just plain sarcastic and jaded.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565/14-15/

Luffy has performed a near miracle and made it into a plaza of heavyweights... Sure it's a crazy move but again Kizaru with the sarcasm to his enemies.

I digress....
While I do think both Shanks and Ben Beckman are Uber cool characters and are likely some of the most bad ass pirates out there... But Kizaru's giving up???? Really..? :blink
IMO Kizaru knows he got stalled and has lost his chance to take out Law's ship without retribution. But he knows this is not the end of the line, just he got outmoved, so why not be a sarcastic jerk.. It's fitting of his character...
Don't you think????

Oda pays importance to his characters' face expressions. Can you really say he is really taking the piss when seeing marco? Look at his face. I think he is using his "sarcasm" as his defense mechanism. He thinks he can look fearless using sarcasm all the time..

Isto
March 25, 2010, 07:02 PM
Heh, a pirate bustin a marine. Ben beckam -> kizaru.

Hands up, this is police, dont move everything you say can be used against you in the court, oh i forgot luffy blew that up but still..

Crenzel
March 25, 2010, 07:03 PM
Regarding whether or not Kizaru is scared of Ben Beckman or not, I'm of the opinion that he is not. Reasons as laid out by poneglyph420: he knows he got stalled. Even if he dodges Ben to continue his pursuit on Luffy, he knows he'll get stopped by Ben or some other member of the Red-haired pirates. So why even try?

As stated before, he is a very sarcastic and mocking character. The reason he shows himself as a slow, unaware person is because he knows he can catch anyone because of his light-speed. He can take his time. He can't have earned his title as admiral if he were that stupid. It's all part of his persona.

Also, people seem to be thinking that the marines are more scared of Shanks and Co. than WB. Not so. The marines knew WB was coming so they were prepared. They had no idea Shanks was coming and THAT is why they look so surprised and scared. They had already just fought a huge battle with WB and now they have to deal with Shanks too? This upscaled the epicness of Shanks' arrival because he and his crew will tip the scales.

I'm interested to hear what Aokiji/Kizaru have been doing up till this point. It seems Akainu was pretty much the only one to go all out in his assault. The other 2 have been kinda laid back doing little bits and pieces here and there. People seem to be downplaying the admirals' strength quite a bit but you see how many people couldn't stop Akainu by himself. Whitebeard of course destroyed him because he's whitebeard but I don't see someone like Marco (supposed 2nd strongest in the WB crew) beating the admiral. Ben Beckman I just don't know about. Maybe he could beat Kizaru. Can't say for sure.

sarutobi_sensei
March 25, 2010, 07:09 PM
This is exactly my point, until now he have always been shown laughing when someone major enters, now he was not shown.

Oda has a limited number of pages every week. More person's will comment on Shanks arrival next week.

Mantra could be used to hear voices also. We know that Haki also allows one to predict movements, so Haki is probably a more advanced form of mantra.

Right now, it shows that Coby, @ the very least, is capable of hearing everyone's voices on the battle field and that it is basically mantra.

Luffy also knows how to speak with animals.

kkck
March 25, 2010, 07:10 PM
Has anyone actually noticed shanks has his hat back? I think this is kinda important since he by just keeping it can basically kill the series. How is the series supposed to continue if straw hat luffy loses his straw hat?

Bugzee
March 25, 2010, 07:12 PM

I don't think Akainu was expecting Red Hair Shanks of all people LOL! to intercept his attack. :XD The Magma Brat is definitely in trouble now. Is this the moment we've all been waiting for? :D

O was thinking the exact same thing mate!

Perhaps it's a special trait but to be honest i think mantra is more likely!

I personally think it's mantra. I really didn't expect such a development in the middle of this war. xD I wonder how long Coby will stay unconscious for? The same period of time as Luffy? :XD

fistsofrage
March 25, 2010, 07:16 PM
Kizaru was about to shoot luffy or law's ship when beckman stopped Kizaru so I doubt Kizaru was being sarcastic with his hands in the air.

Jaina
March 25, 2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know about Akainu or Kizaru being scared in either case. I think Akainu is mostly shocked as some people have said, he's probably used to his fist going through anything he's punching.

As for Kizaru, I think he just got held up for the moment which is what Shanks was alluding to when he was talking to Coby. I don't think he's scared of Beckman, I also don't think he will take him lightly, my guess is that Kizaru's odd speech patterns are because he thinks at the speed of light (or just really fast) and can talk that fast too but has to slow his words down to be understood, and as a result comes off as sounding strange.

What I was most intrigued by was Kizaru calling Law the "Surgeon of Death". I'm guessing he's going to permanently boost Luffy's strength somehow.

At this point, the story can't get anymore insane unless Dragon showed up with Kuma and started fighting as well. Also insanse? If Smoker defects to Luffy's crew, he didn't seem too thrilled with what the marines were up to after defeating Whitebeard, and I know he respects the Strawhats. Completely improbable I know, but wouldn't that be crazy?

Bonfire01
March 25, 2010, 07:23 PM
Wow, got to say I really really liked this chapter. It accelerated the plot, got Luffy fully out of the way and possibly foreshadowed Jimbei joining the SHs AND Shanks appeared to give a sensible way for the remaining pirates to escape.

Regarding Jimbei.... the fact he was willing to die to protect Luffy because he had a strong connection to Ace and WB, both of which wanted to keep Luffy alive along with the fact that he now has very little to do, could lead to him joining the SHs. A lot of people were expecting Luffy to pick up a fishman crew member from somewhere, I suppose Jimbei could be it.

On the flip side.... Jimbei is pretty damned powerful for a new member. Although it's hard to judge these things and the other SHs are on a training arc (probably) I get the impression Jimbei would be more powerful than any other member. I'm not sure I see anyone joining who is stronger than Zoro since it would mess with his role as First mate. The fact Jimbei was nothing in front of Akainu helped cap his power level a bit and make him a bit more realistic I think i' would still bet on them picking someone up in Fishman island.

As for next chapter.... I wonder if we'll get a time skip and see Luffy waking up on Law's sub to be filled in a bit on what happened after he lost consciousness. I'm not sure how much we'll see now there are absolutely no members of the straw hats involved any more.

If the next chapter DOES stay with the marineford battle it will be interesting to see what the admirals do about Shanks and BB AND whether or not Kizaru really is worried about being shot. I don't see ANY reason why bullets can't get imbues with Haki since arrows can (from AL arc) but I equally don't see any reason why Kizaru wouldn't dodge a bullet....

I guess we'l have to wait and see :)

sarutobi_sensei
March 25, 2010, 07:24 PM
Has anyone actually noticed shanks has his hat back? I think this is kinda important since he by just keeping it can basically kill the series. How is the series supposed to continue if straw hat luffy loses his straw hat?

Well it's hard not to notice since he has almost 1 page showing the hat on his hand. :p

I don't think Akainu was expecting Red Hair Shanks of all people LOL! to intercept his attack. :XD The Magma Brat is definitely in trouble now. Is this the moment we've all been waiting for? :D

I personally think it's mantra. I really didn't expect such a development in the middle of this war. xD I wonder how long Coby will stay unconscious for? The same period of time as Luffy? :XD

Now the Red Hair Brat and the Magma Brat can fight and see who the bigger brat is :D

Mantra is more plausible than haki.

Plus Luffy almost had the same development. He could hear stuff some of them couldn't, plus he could comprehend Laboon. And some monkeys, and the seals in arabasta xD

Isto
March 25, 2010, 07:27 PM
So it's the author / magazine that makes one piece the shortest manga not oda? Damnt hem giving like 6-8 pages more to naruto than one piece :(

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 07:29 PM
yeah its because hes a monkey.

Isto
March 25, 2010, 07:33 PM
Who are you calling a red nose ???

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 07:37 PM
Who are you calling a red nose ???

even a Yonkou doesn't get mad when he's called Red hair so why we have to care about a clown's feelings. :grin

El-Thor
March 25, 2010, 07:39 PM
About Shanks crew : I think his crew is REALLY powerful. Aside from Shanks and Beckman, we know he has Yasopp and that fat guy who owned the pirate that threatened Luffy when he was little. I'm sure those two can hold their own against the stronger pirates (not including Admirals)

On a side-note : I just realized that Luffy's crew is the only one that doesn't have fodder running about. I know that it wouldn't make much sense to draw 100 person crew every week, but everyone else has goons, while Luffys crew is all people who can fight.

I think Shanks crew is just like that.

Bugzee
March 25, 2010, 07:44 PM
Now the Red Hair Brat and the Magma Brat can fight and see who the bigger brat is :D

Mantra is more plausible than haki.

Plus Luffy almost had the same development. He could hear stuff some of them couldn't, plus he could comprehend Laboon. And some monkeys, and the seals in arabasta xD

The battle of the brats. xD

I think Akainu will hold off any further attacks against Shanks next chapter. :smile-big Even, the magma brat is not dumb enough to attack the awesome Red Haired Emperor without thinking carefully about the consequences of his actions. :noworry

LOL! Luffy's case is extremely different and UNIQUE. When his serious he can generally understand and grasp the situation but with those seals lol he was just messing around completely. :amuse (To think the other SH's didn't have a clue apart from Chopper :p)

So it's the author / magazine that makes one piece the shortest manga not oda? Damnt hem giving like 6-8 pages more to naruto than one piece :(

It was still awesome this chapter, don't you think so? :nuts

We need like 2 OP chapters a week. :darn The pain and torture of waiting another week to see what happens next in this war is killing me already. :wall

Isto
March 25, 2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah could be that one of the requirements to join shanks crew is to be able to withstand his haki.

I could use a chapter everyday, would make me a daily user of one piece. Ofcourse i could read tens of chapters a day or hundreds, but once a day would be nice too :)

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 07:46 PM
Kizaru was about to shoot luffy or law's ship when beckman stopped Kizaru so I doubt Kizaru was being sarcastic with his hands in the air.

Coby's speech was too emotional so I guess Kizaru was probably about to just letting it all out when Ben showed up. :p

Isto
March 25, 2010, 07:58 PM
Marines have 3 admirals, shanks have ben beckman, lucky roo and yasopp. Would be cool for those three to fight 3 admirals. One for each. I wonder if those three are at admiral "level".

Bugzee
March 25, 2010, 08:00 PM
Marines have 3 admirals, shanks have ben beckman, lucky roo and yasopp. Would be cool for those three to fight 3 admirals. One for each. I wonder if those three are at admiral "level".

That would be cool. I can't wait to see Lucky Roo! He'll be the only pirate eating and fighting at the same time. :XD I'm more keen to see the other Red Hair Pirates that haven't been introduced as of yet.

RichardMNixon
March 25, 2010, 08:00 PM
I think Kizaru is being sarcastic, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think he's in danger, that's just his personality. Beckman sure doesn't seem worried, he's the real deal. Come on, he sitting down!

That is definitely a new look for Akainu though. Wonder how absolute his justice will be if he's brought to the brink of death.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 08:01 PM

God how awesome they are. I hope we will see Lucky, Yassop and Co as well.
And I'm so happy for Coby ... he finally paid back his dept to Luffy xD

sarutobi_sensei
March 25, 2010, 08:28 PM

6 pages? The hell? don't double spreads count? :\

even a Yonkou doesn't get mad when he's called Red hair so why we have to care about a clown's feelings. :grin

Well he was never bothered to begin with xD

How the hell does Buggy have that nose anyway? xD

About Shanks crew : I think his crew is REALLY powerful. Aside from Shanks and Beckman, we know he has Yasopp and that fat guy who owned the pirate that threatened Luffy when he was little. I'm sure those two can hold their own against the stronger pirates (not including Admirals)

On a side-note : I just realized that Luffy's crew is the only one that doesn't have fodder running about. I know that it wouldn't make much sense to draw 100 person crew every week, but everyone else has goons, while Luffys crew is all people who can fight.

I think Shanks crew is just like that.

and I love the SH for being just like that. a small crew that has big numbers :D

Btw, Shanks crew has several persons in it. not just Yassop, Lucky, Ben, that other guy who I don't remember his name but he delivered a letter to WB, and some other guys that were standing next to shanks back then.

God how awesome they are. I hope we will see Lucky, Yassop and Co as well.
And I'm so happy for Coby ... he finally paid back his dept to Luffy xD

Imo it's not a matter of owing something to Luffy or not, it is his Justice, just like Tashigi's justice during Arabasta, and Smoker's also.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 08:37 PM
Imo it's not a matter of owing something to Luffy or not, it is his Justice, just like Tashigi's justice during Arabasta, and Smoker's also.

Of course, but as Shanks said ... Coby saved the day by that speech and indirectly saved Luffy and Co.
Now Akainu is totally affected by Shanks intimidation-haki and Ben has Kizaru on the leash.

iloveonepiece
March 25, 2010, 08:40 PM

LOL Shanks >>>>> Whitebeard.

you know how I can tell? The Red dog bursted into nose bleed after his fist came in contact with Shank's sword. Or he was so scared the blood rushed into his head too fast.

yeah i was being sarcastic btw. I know it was injury left over from WB, but i guess oda forgot to put nose bleed on the right panel, or scanlator cleaned it out by accident

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 08:42 PM
Did anyone think that Ben was haki burst out? Cuz i dont see how can kizaru notice him .

hy4k
March 25, 2010, 08:49 PM
i think that beckman cocked his gun, that's what the sound was

can't say for certain whether kizaru was mocking beckman. what you can say is that he put his hands up and let luffy escape as soon as beckman made his presence known

the only reason he would have done that is out of genuine fear. you think he'd put his hands up and let the son of dragon escape if some random guy pulled a giun on him?

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 08:51 PM
the only reason he would have done that is out of genuine fear. you think he'd put his hands up and let the son of dragon escape if some random guy pulled a giun on him?
thats exactly what im thinking man. Beckman must a beast.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 08:55 PM
Did anyone think that Ben was haki burst out? Cuz i dont see how can kizaru notice him .
How about ... hmm ... calling him by his name? something like ... Kizaru, if you move an inch I'll shot or if you move an inch you'll regret it for the rest of your miserable life. :p
I know what you mean and I guess yes he has it, his overconfidence means he has some kind of special power.

hy4k
March 25, 2010, 08:57 PM
thats exactly what im thinking man. Beckman must a beast.

yeah

we already know that he's uber smart, but scaring an admiral into putting his hands up is something else

hopefulyl we'll see the red haired crew do some damage in the next few chapters.

Bonfire01
March 25, 2010, 09:00 PM

That little burst by Ben Beckman in the top right panel might have been a SFX for him cocking his gun and Kizaru heard it? Alternatively Kizaru might have mantra or just really good senses :).

I doubt Ben let loose a Haki burst because him having the king's disposition would be a MASSIVE deal and we'd see some people collapsing...

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 09:01 PM
nah i dont think they will fight like all-out. they just come there to rescue to the pirates and stop the war. And 1 more thing.
BUggyfly can u change your signature. its look really annoying

Bonfire01
March 25, 2010, 09:04 PM
yeah

we already know that he's uber smart, but scaring an admiral into putting his hands up is something else

hopefulyl we'll see the red haired crew do some damage in the next few chapters.

I reckon the main members of Shanks' crew are going to be at a similar level to the WB commanders. The 4 Yonkou have to have some degree of similarity in power, both individually and their crews otherwise people would call WB the emperor of the sea and the other 3 would just be infamous Pirates.

The fact they are (were) all grouped together in one term means Shanks' crew have to be SERIOUSLY powerful and Ben is the first mate meaning he is probably top of the pile.

In fact, thinking about it, WB was the strongest man alive and had a TON of pirates under his command. that might mean that the other Yonkou have top crew members who are man for man stronger than the WB commanders......

I have a horrible feeling we won't get to see this fight now Luffy is incapacitated and safely away and we'll just get told about it in flashback :(

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 09:08 PM
nah. i think oda will show us what they power will be like and more details about haki.
What i afraid the most is that Shanks will return to the newworld and didnot even meet luffy.

frontaLobotomy
March 25, 2010, 09:12 PM
While so much has happened in this chapter, I have to admit I'm curious; will we get to see any more of this war in terms of it dominating the previous chapters now that Luffy has been taken away? The Red Haired Pirates are certainly very cool, but Luffy is in grave peril and I'd like to see how Trafalgar Law deals with that. I guess the path of the straw hat might take up some chapter spaces. It's worth thinking about now the war has reached a crossroads.

Black Lagoon
March 25, 2010, 09:14 PM
I think Kizaru is being sarcastic, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think he's in danger, that's just his personality. Beckman sure doesn't seem worried, he's the real deal. Come on, he sitting down!

Agreed, because since when does a bullet come anywhere close to the speed of Light? :blink
But if it's Ben who said that and like you say he's sitting down threatening an Admiral ... he must some Aces up his sleeves and Kizaru might know some of them.

Poneglyph420
March 25, 2010, 09:14 PM
nah i dont think they will fight like all-out. they just come there to rescue to the pirates and stop the war. And 1 more thing.
BUggyfly can u change your signature. its look really annoying

Buggy I can't stop staring at your signature... Nice!!!

And I can't understand how Ben Beckman has now become the baddest Mofo in the pirate world.

Even if he has Kizaru in a compromising position, you really think in one shot he's gonna kill Kizaru?
I really doubt that...

Remember Kizaru has been fighting WB commanders and even WB himself at moments... now Ben Beckman is gonna swoop in and prove superior to them.

If he's such a monster (Beckman) please explain what makes him so, especially moreso than WB and his commanders..

Even if Kizaru has been outplayed, it's not likely IMO that he is putting his hands up in total submission to a vastly superior foe.
But Beckman did show up at the perfect time to effectively "tie" Kizaru's hands, but to allow Law (and therefore Luffy) a safe exit.
Beckman is for sure a clever and prob. powerful guy!

Vetinari clone
March 25, 2010, 09:20 PM
That little burst by Ben Beckman in the top right panel might have been a SFX for him cocking his gun and Kizaru heard it? Alternatively Kizaru might have mantra or just really good senses :).

I doubt Ben let loose a Haki burst because him having the king's disposition would be a MASSIVE deal and we'd see some people collapsing...

just because he could have directed haki at Kizaru doesn't mean he has to have the Overlord's disposition (just the translation I prefer 'cause it makes me laugh), it has not been said that you have to have the Overlord's disposition to direct haki at someone and also people wouldn't necessarily be collapsing, we have seen haki directed at one person without effecting anyone else before now. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/503/15/

however it is almost certain that it was Ben cocking his gun not anything else.

on another note, any one else find that when they go to find a link a particular one piece chapter they end up spending about half an hour reading before they remember what they were doing? :D

And I can't understand how Ben Beckman has now become the baddest Mofo in the pirate world.

Even if he has Kizaru in a compromising position, you really think in one shot he's gonna kill Kizaru?
I really doubt that...

Remember Kizaru has been fighting WB commanders and even WB himself at moments... now Ben Beckman is gonna swoop in and prove superior to them.

If he's such a monster (Beckman) please explain what makes him so, especially moreso than WB and his commanders..

Even if Kizaru has been outplayed, it's not likely IMO that he is putting his hands up in total submission to a vastly superior foe.
But Beckman did show up at the perfect time to effectively "tie" Kizaru's hands, but to allow Law (and therefore Luffy) a safe exit.

We know that Benn is Shank's first mate and I dunno about anyone else but from the feeling I got from their interactions made me think that their strength was about the same, kinda like luffy and zorro and, well, Shanks is a yonkou, and he is a yonkou not with some huge fleet but with a smallish crew. Benn is known to be clever, so yeah he is bada$$. Also if you can imbue arrows with haki why not a bullet? If so then it could quite possibly be deadly to Kizaru. enough to make pause to wait for an opening to get out of the way.

Kizaru never actually fought WB, attacked sure, but fighting on equal terms? No.

SilversDKRayleigh
March 25, 2010, 09:24 PM
What i afraid the most is that Shanks will return to the newworld and didnot even meet luffy.

I think he will see Luffy to give his hat back, but i don't think Luffy will be awake for it cause it is still to soon.

Poneglyph420
March 25, 2010, 09:50 PM
Also if you can imbue arrows with haki why not a bullet? If so then it could quite possibly be deadly to Kizaru. enough to make pause to wait for an opening to get out of the way.

I totally agree with the above statement. Ben Beckman can likely imbue his rifle with Haki, or might have another trick up his sleeve.
I'd totally expect him to be a serious threat to Kizaru, but not enough to make Kizaru give up or be afraid. I don't think that Beckman could one shot Kizaru without a fight.... That's all.

ScorpionGR
March 25, 2010, 10:00 PM
the question is how will react mihawk oda can't leave him without saying nothing that's for sure but i don't think he will make some move towards shanks or shanks nakamas anyway shanks seem to be more strong with one hand than two ...

fuatf90
March 25, 2010, 10:16 PM

I really doubt that...

He is the baddest mofo in the one piece world because it has been officially stated that he is one of the smartest guys around. He is no Vegapunk but smart enough to know that a light man ( Kizaru ) is probably faster than a bullet. Kizaru as well knows that if there wasn't something he (Ben) trusted, he would not be sitting on the edge of a ship, pointing a gun at him. Kizaru, the monkey, was never seen to fight WB or his commanders on a real 1-1 fight. He always appeared out of no where and sucker laser beamed ppl, or shot them from behind. Well, he is no dog, he is a monkey after all...

masubiladin
March 25, 2010, 10:50 PM
i m gonna beckman ya all. zayoahahaha.
Beckman is like a cop man. look at him. (and hes look old)

bittman
March 25, 2010, 10:53 PM
Kizaru never actually fought WB, attacked sure, but fighting on equal terms? No.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/571/09/

Besides, define fighting in this war? Longest fight was Mihawk vs Luffy, and that was like 5 attacks from Mihawk at best. Everything other "fight" has been between 1 and 3 shots. I feel like Oda's showing us the scenes through someone's eyes with the attention span of a goldfish.

As far as I'm aware, Kizaru appears to be the only admiral who has not yet received any real damage.

Fox666
March 25, 2010, 11:29 PM
At least Rayleigh cur his cheek, yet not "real damage"...

chitgoks
March 25, 2010, 11:35 PM

I really doubt that...

even though I think kizaru is just being sarcastic towards ben beckman, he sure lost his chance to kill luffy.

Poneglyph420
March 25, 2010, 11:46 PM
even though I think kizaru is just being sarcastic towards ben beckman, he sure lost his chance to kill luffy.

Exactly, just like I said in the post you quoted..
I agree that Beckman totally got Kizaru in a "Checkmate"

Now I guess the question is about Blackbeard..?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/04-05/
In this chapter he claims he's gonna bring the end to Garp and Sengoku's age.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/08-09/
In another frame he says he's gonna swallow it all up...!
Really??
If BB is somehow able to do ANY of that he will have really shaken the world to it's very core.. (Though I guess he's been on that for a while..)

superman97
March 25, 2010, 11:53 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/07/

Kizaru CAN NOT move at the speed of light freely. He has to first pick a target that he sends his light to before 'beaming' there. We have also seen him blocked in a similar way by Whitebeard. I think this should explain why Ben Beckman has him scared. And logically speaking, if logia users can't be injured by bullets, and Kizaru is afraid of Beckmans gun, then it is most likely haki bullets. (my personal prediction and hope is that the gun is the first devil fruit infused weapon we will see.)

Mr. Crocodile
March 26, 2010, 12:02 AM
I don't think anyone's mentioned that freaking hole in the ground..what's the deal with that? where does it lead to?? is there like some sort of secret underwater passage?? i.e. Vegapunk's secret laboratory lol.

DaNewestMugiwara
March 26, 2010, 12:08 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/07/

Kizaru CAN NOT move at the speed of light freely. He has to first pick a target that he sends his light to before 'beaming' there. We have also seen him blocked in a similar way by Whitebeard. I think this should explain why Ben Beckman has him scared. And logically speaking, if logia users can't be injured by bullets, and Kizaru is afraid of Beckmans gun, then it is most likely haki bullets. (my personal prediction and hope is that the gun is the first devil fruit infused weapon we will see.)

we've already seen a df infused weapon, spandam's sword funkfreed

elitefox
March 26, 2010, 12:24 AM

uhmm correction

Akainu cannot be called a brat but a hag

so Magma hag:D
[hr]

Wow, got to say I really really liked this chapter. It accelerated the plot, got Luffy fully out of the way and possibly foreshadowed Jimbei joining the SHs AND Shanks appeared to give a sensible way for the remaining pirates to escape.

Regarding Jimbei.... the fact he was willing to die to protect Luffy because he had a strong connection to Ace and WB, both of which wanted to keep Luffy alive along with the fact that he now has very little to do, could lead to him joining the SHs. A lot of people were expecting Luffy to pick up a fishman crew member from somewhere, I suppose Jimbei could be it.

On the flip side.... Jimbei is pretty damned powerful for a new member. Although it's hard to judge these things and the other SHs are on a training arc (probably) I get the impression Jimbei would be more powerful than any other member. I'm not sure I see anyone joining who is stronger than Zoro since it would mess with his role as First mate. The fact Jimbei was nothing in front of Akainu helped cap his power level a bit and make him a bit more realistic I think i' would still bet on them picking someone up in Fishman island.

As for next chapter.... I wonder if we'll get a time skip and see Luffy waking up on Law's sub to be filled in a bit on what happened after he lost consciousness. I'm not sure how much we'll see now there are absolutely no members of the straw hats involved any more.

If the next chapter DOES stay with the marineford battle it will be interesting to see what the admirals do about Shanks and BB AND whether or not Kizaru really is worried about being shot. I don't see ANY reason why bullets can't get imbues with Haki since arrows can (from AL arc) but I equally don't see any reason why Kizaru wouldn't dodge a bullet....

I guess we'l have to wait and see :)

Wow I just thought a position for Jimbei if he ever joins the crew

a Fisherman :p

since they are on sea almost, they need food to eat and fish is the only option :D

RezzieThaRapper
March 26, 2010, 12:24 AM
Insanely awesome chapter :o
I had to read it a couple of times to get the full epicness!!
Coby's mantra (i think) supprised me:blink I forgot about the whole mantra even excisting...
Kinda liked the speech our young marine gave, didn't know he had it in him ;) and he even got a point.

The entrance of the red-hair Pirates goes even beyond epic, there should be a new word made up for the level of epicness oda pulled out with that!!
He also gave us a nice indicator of the crew's power. Shanks blocks akainu with ease, Beckman stops kizaru with "only" a gun and most of the marines (and new world pirates) shitting themselves.

I however don't think Shanks and his men wil try to crush the marines and show their real powers, but mostly try to ensure the escape of the pirates (and of course Luffy) by acting as a fricking powerfull line between them and the marines. The marines wouldn't risk fighting another (still fresh) Yonkou + crew with BB still going berserk. So this war wil end soon, wich is a good thing because my poor hart couldn't handle the epicness anymore :p

how about TERRORINSUEINGEPICNESSANDAWESOMENESS or SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPYALADOCIOUS

FluffBall
March 26, 2010, 12:37 AM
man! akainu's justice is sooo in a way strong. and i congratulate coby for standing up to him and coby having mantra is pretty cool though its kinda weird how he just got it/ used it in the middle of the war. with shanks coming here i think it might turn the war around a bit like how shanks said the war's gonna end. i don't think jimbei is gonna join luffy's crew cuz he seems kinda serious and stuff and with luffy's crew so far i can't imagine it.

Anyways if the war ends how would it end with blackbeard still all crazy?

Dr. Vegapunk
March 26, 2010, 12:41 AM
Insanely awesome chapter :o
I had to read it a couple of times to get the full epicness!!
Coby's mantra (i think) supprised me:blink I forgot about the whole mantra even excisting...
Kinda liked the speech our young marine gave, didn't know he had it in him ;) and he even got a point.

The entrance of the red-hair Pirates goes even beyond epic, there should be a new word made up for the level of epicness oda pulled out with that!!
He also gave us a nice indicator of the crew's power. Shanks blocks akainu with ease, Beckman stops kizaru with "only" a gun and most of the marines (and new world pirates) shitting themselves.

I however don't think Shanks and his men wil try to crush the marines and show their real powers, but mostly try to ensure the escape of the pirates (and of course Luffy) by acting as a fricking powerfull line between them and the marines. The marines wouldn't risk fighting another (still fresh) Yonkou + crew with BB still going berserk. So this war wil end soon, wich is a good thing because my poor hart couldn't handle the epicness anymore :p

The ODAcity!!!!

Audacity def: fearless, daring, intrepid

jiminy
March 26, 2010, 01:09 AM
Wow I just thought a position for Jimbei if he ever joins the crew

a Fisherman :p

since they are on sea almost, they need food to eat and fish is the only option :D

interesting idea for Jimbei, but I dont think Jimbei would like hunting his fellow friends

him being a fishman and all

Junaid_Sennin
March 26, 2010, 01:16 AM
Ben Beckman for president.

TonyTonyChopper
March 26, 2010, 01:31 AM
I still believe that Jimbei will join the Strawhats, no wonder after this war end, Jimbei will help Luffy to find his crew

RezzieThaRapper
March 26, 2010, 01:43 AM
Okay, I have a valid prediction coming on... please take the time out to listen to it...

Shanks will scuffle with Akainu -Not harshly though- just enough for Shanks 2 show him who's the real bully in the situation

I think Ben Beckman is a beast and will hold down the Borsalino problem for now... stupid yellow monkey

With Kizaru and Akainu being handled, I want Aokiji 2 get it too (even though he's my favorite of the Admirals) I want Yassop to shoot him with some kind of super bullet that does something non-lethal... but funny, yet effective on the Aokiji

........................................................ Coby has finally solidified himself as an important character

Luffy has done a lot of epicness already, but, I think he needs to wake up right now... not to fight but to show everyone how deep his passion is with one last declaration and then he can faint for months on end :)

Garp will protect Coby... Duh

Hellempo will get stronger with coby

..............................................................................................
This isn't a short term prediction but... I think instead of dying, Garp will become a Gouresei (if I spelled that right) and will be the guy that will officially tie luffy to every major organization out there...

I've got more but I don't know if they're appropriate for this thread... I'm done

bittman
March 26, 2010, 01:45 AM
Don't get why you're all taking Kizaru so serious?

Is this a really "surprised" Kizaru?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/510/04/

Is Kizaru really going to get anywhere near mad here?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/05/

Did he think this trip was going to be relaxing?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/512/08/

Did this actually hurt him?

Kizaru is a prankster. Him putting up his hands is nothing more than a joke, why are people taking it so realistically. If Ben Beckman could really trap or scare Kizaru that easily, the red haired pirates would have crushed the WG ages ago.

RezzieThaRapper
March 26, 2010, 01:52 AM

Kizaru is a prankster. Him putting up his hands is nothing more than a joke, why are people taking it so realistically. If Ben Beckman could really trap or scare Kizaru that easily, the red haired pirates would have crushed the WG ages ago.

as 2 why he's being taking seriously right now...

the simple answer is... we want the marines to show vulnerability... and the last chapter at least gave us that feeling

elitefox
March 26, 2010, 03:12 AM

Do you think if shanks does have the power... he would crush the marines?

why would he? in the first place he wants peace.

and the marines are delivering that at least 50 -70% of the time.

if he crush the marines, can he replace the WG and rule?
can he protect all the civilians?

I bet that is the job of the marines so no.

Dragon is doing an excellent job because he is continuing recruiting and building up an army while shanks is just you know a pirate and may also want to just go on adventures like luffy but not to conquer anything

maybe helping some rookies though :D

Darek Khort
March 26, 2010, 03:55 AM
Do you think if shanks does have the power... he would crush the marines?

I don't think so. He respected Coby, and in the end I believe he isn't the type to pick a fight. Remember back in East Blue at the very beginning with those bandits? He didn't move a muscle and just let the bandits do what they wanted to. As long as they didn't harm one of his friends he was fine with it.

Shanks is definitely different from Akainu + other bloodthirsty marines and most of the pirates there.

I think Shanks will simply force a stalemate, and eventually the pirates will all be able to escape; and the marines will be prevented from pursuing because the pirates will go past the Gate and then it will shut behind them.

SilversDKRayleigh
March 26, 2010, 04:12 AM
I still believe that Jimbei will join the Strawhats, no wonder after this war end, Jimbei will help Luffy to find his crew

Don't know about joining but we can be sure that he will take him there i think it would be cool to learn that jinbei has a son and he ends up joining

caleshious
March 26, 2010, 04:32 AM
How the HELL does Law's submarine work, it would have to require some kind of dial system to move like the how the ships worked up in sky island.

Also, i thought Jimbei might join the SH's too, espically after the Red Dog beat him quite easily, but you can't help but think that Jimbei is severly handicapped on land, if he could of got to the water ...

gfire2
March 26, 2010, 04:42 AM
hmmm.... there is a undeniable similarity between Ben and silver rayleigh, im guessing Ben is silvers son

NoLimit89
March 26, 2010, 04:45 AM
interesting idea for Jimbei, but I dont think Jimbei would like hunting his fellow friends

him being a fishman and all

Hey, Hachi cooks takoyaki ... I'm just saying.

HikaruYami
March 26, 2010, 04:47 AM
Hey, Hachi cooks takoyaki ... I'm just saying.

You never know, that could just be a pun on his part.... "Octopus balls" being balls of some kind of meat prepared by an octopus :P

urlaub
March 26, 2010, 05:00 AM
I kinda feel that the passage way is somehow helping the marines to get over the canyon WB made. But how? From under water? Where there such deep passages in HQ? Wow. Maybe an underground tunnel to the shabondy or marejoa? Or to fishman island?

And look at the dilting island. And SAN juan is nowhere to be seen. Plus a lot of pirate ships are going under as I see them.

And I predict Rayleigh stoppin the tsunami that hits Shabondy someway.

How did the Pacifista cross the fissure in the plaza? Did they turbo boost over or used the underground passage like civilized people.

And altough Kobys and Smokers assistants justices are the same. What about Smoker. He makes the statement that justice and evil are the same--is that a simple reflection without taking moral sides here or what?

And the way it is portraid there is no difference between Akainu and BB. The panels follow after another and the attidudes of the respective scumbags are somewhat similar. Bit want destruction or annihilation. Altough Akainu wants to destroy the so called evil and BB just wants to destroy seemingly for now reason besides power and dominion.

Next, it seems as Bepo gives jean bart instructions--so Bepo still holds the hierarchy thing very important-Bart below him in command.

If Akainu would have mantra would he also care about the dieing soldiers. Probably not. Coby has the amazing sympathy that noone this far has had. So if he is gonna be a big marine someday we will get a pacifist for shure. Which could lead to changes probably in the attidude of the marines.

And is te face of Akainu really fearful in the next panel after he and Shanks collide? His mouth corners are down and there is crim light on his eyes and stuff, but still I feel that this face is too ambigious to be called scared. It says something usual like_what the fuck another scumbag in my way or something like that.

And it seems as Shanks just drawed the blade out of the holder, but the holder is on the wrong side. So he probably had the sword out and just Oda drawed that cool pose for kicks.

And I think noone has doubted that the few seconds were crucial for Luffy's escape. Anf what the f is wrong with the left eye of Luffy on this pic http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/14-15/

How is Shanks gonna put an end to this war anyways? Is he gonna hold of the marines until the pirates flee? Or is he going for the knock down of admirals? Or what do you guys think? You put an end to admirals versus pirates, but what about BBs band vs SG/GARP? No chance of ending that battle I think that easely.

How is the strawhat getting into shabondy? Shanks himself? Moria seems to be lucky, maybe getting a new Oz for himself after the war. And Curiel burning was my prediction in some sense at least. I predicted some time ago that WB pirates cannot go against Aokij and Akainu, they will get stabbed. So either Garp or someone else, but who? I never thought of Shanks. Dragon came to my mind a lot sooner, maybe since everyone was talking and talking about it.

Now Luffy has escaped. Next chapter robably see how Buggy reacts and then some squirmisch between Shanks's men and the marines or something. Maybe some Garp, haven't seen nothing from him and the echoing dissapointment is strong. I really hoped he is one of the glorious sacrifiers.

FluffBall
March 26, 2010, 05:42 AM
I don't think so. He respected Coby, and in the end I believe he isn't the type to pick a fight. Remember back in East Blue at the very beginning with those bandits? He didn't move a muscle and just let the bandits do what they wanted to. As long as they didn't harm one of his friends he was fine with it.

Shanks is definitely different from Akainu + other bloodthirsty marines and most of the pirates there.

I think Shanks will simply force a stalemate, and eventually the pirates will all be able to escape; and the marines will be prevented from pursuing because the pirates will go past the Gate and then it will shut behind them.

i agree. Shanks is more like a "peace to you" type dude unless they hurt his friends which i think is maybe why he came to end the war.

Zeltrax
March 26, 2010, 05:54 AM
EPIC.
Shanks made an epic and awesome entrance,
protecting coby!
Finally, coby did something grand in the war,
and yes, be it marines or pirates,
they are both goddamn evil.
I really see coby becoming a vice admiral soon in the future.
but heres my question, what about luffy's strawhat?
I mean, is he not gonna wear it for the rest of one piece?

sindergi
March 26, 2010, 06:10 AM
EPIC.
Shanks made an epic and awesome entrance,
protecting coby!
Finally, coby did something grand in the war,
and yes, be it marines or pirates,
they are both goddamn evil.
I really see coby becoming a vice admiral soon in the future.
but heres my question, what about luffy's strawhat?
I mean, is he not gonna wear it for the rest of one piece?

I think Shanks will give it back to Luffy.......face-to-face.
At this moment Luffy has lost everything - he failed in rescueing ace, he dont know if his nakanama are allright or where exactly they are and he has lost the hat.
There will be a few "lets-console-Luffy-and-motivate-him-again"-moments :hug.......and one of these moments will be that Shanks giving the hat back to luffy and telling him that he has to live on for ace´s sake and that he has to become the pk......somthing like that i think.

zelllogan
March 26, 2010, 06:18 AM
I think Shanks will give it back to Luffy.......face-to-face.
At this moment Luffy has lost everything - he failed in rescueing ace, he dont know if his nakanama are allright or where exactly they are and he has lost the hat.
There will be a few "lets-console-Luffy-and-motivate-him-again"-moments :hug.......and one of these moments will be that Shanks giving the hat back to luffy and telling him that he has to live on for ace´s sake and that he has to become the pk......somthing like that i think.
Luffy can also pick Ace's hat.

minimz
March 26, 2010, 06:23 AM
And I think noone has doubted that the few seconds were crucial for Luffy's escape. Anf what the f is wrong with the left eye of Luffy on this pic http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/14-15/

It was probably just a mistake in the cleanup or scan. Look here http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/13

ScratchmenApoo
March 26, 2010, 06:47 AM
Luffy can also pick Ace's hat.

I would like that to happen...
Shanks told Luffy to give the strawhat back when the SH crew is stronger than theirs or when they meet again... Luffy could be so depressed he doesn't care about the strawhat..
BUT... The WG calls him mugiwara no luffy... If he doesn't have his trademark hat.. then it would be very strange.
Also, Ace's hat is who knows where.. could be in the sea frozen or burnt up....

Dark Doc.
March 26, 2010, 06:51 AM
how about TERRORINSUEINGEPICNESSANDAWESOMENESS or SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPYALADOCIOUS

I would go with SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPYALADOCIOUS, that covers it better, thanks for coming up with that ;)

DEATHBOTT
March 26, 2010, 06:51 AM
beckman must be able to imbue his bullets with haki or something. that was badass when he held up kiz. hope yassop and lucky fight too.

Dark Doc.
March 26, 2010, 07:05 AM
My guess about the "disapearance" of San Juan, he could have some kind of df wich increases/decreases his size kinda Gear 3 style (just throwing it out there).

About the end of the war, I think Shanks will just hold off the marines till almost everybody safely got on their ships, instead of attacking them and destroying them. The marines probably also don't want to attack a fresh Yonkou + WB pirates + allies with good old BB still going berserk.

I don't know how (if they both survive the war, wich I hope) Garp and Akainu could work together. Akainu killed Ace, tried to kill Luffy and now goes for Coby. Garp has to be at least extremely mad at Akainu, right??

chitgoks
March 26, 2010, 07:13 AM

there is still the issue that jinbei wants to clarify with luffy regarding the fishman arlong. but delayed because he wanted to focus on the war first
[hr]

if ben has haki that's strong, kizaru is in trouble. he had to make up a sword to fight rayleigh, rayleigh even slashed his face a little in SA. im sure kizaru evaded that. if he did not and just let rayleigh attack him, he'd be dead.

be interesting to see what will happen next chapter

RaidenX
March 26, 2010, 07:25 AM
I wonder if mihawk will attack shanks or help him, but am damn sure he wont just stand there doin' nothin', probably will attack him i guess.

hy4k
March 26, 2010, 07:38 AM

so your theory is that one of the smartest people in one piece pointed a gun at kizaru even though he knew it would have no effect.

you're also theorising that kizaru put his hands up just before destroying the son of dragon, another wanted rookie and a traiterous shichibukai (thereby letting them escape) because he was having a "joke" not because he felt he was in any danger

JonnyMakarrony
March 26, 2010, 07:39 AM
There's a dead needs to be surgeoned... Hope Shanks knows it.

goldb
March 26, 2010, 08:10 AM

Yeah, I said the same thing. He's a marine admiral, no matter the opponent they won't show an ounce of fear.

Found Pandaman (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/78/06.png)(bottom left corner of first panel)

Having read the chapter again, I don't get how we went from this (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/74/16_17.png) to this (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/78/08-09.png) with no explanation; what happened to all the WB pirates that surrounded Akainu? wasn't Croco-boy there too? did they threaten him then leave? Well at least he got Curiel, 10th Division Commander burnt to a crisp.

BurninDarkness
March 26, 2010, 08:27 AM
hey after seeeing hancocks love for luffy in earlier episodes i would have xpected her to take atleast some action when he is dying in front of her but all she does is watch and worrry. She surely doesnt care about the shichibukai position which we can see from previous episodes(she was ready to even leave it without participatin in war)
Then wht is she doin just seein him die
She should kick some akainu ass

Fox666
March 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I said the same thing. He's a marine admiral, no matter the opponent they won't show an ounce of fear.

Found Pandaman (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/78/06.png)(bottom left corner of first panel)

Having read the chapter again, I don't get how we went from this (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/74/16_17.png) to this (http://static.mangastream.com/manga/5/78/08-09.png) with no explanation; what happened to all the WB pirates that surrounded Akainu? wasn't Croco-boy there too? did they threaten him then leave? Well at least he got Curiel, 10th Division Commander burnt to a crisp.The pirates are running away. They were not there to fight Akainu, but just stop him from chasing Luffy. Still, Akainu did not surrender...

Bugzee
March 26, 2010, 09:45 AM
I wonder if mihawk will attack shanks or help him, but am damn sure he wont just stand there doin' nothin', probably will attack him i guess.

At the moment it seems to be Akainu Vs. Shanks but it would be very interesting if Mihawk enters the frame against Shanks. :D I don't think neither of them want to face each other in this war but you never know!

It would be awesome if they did clash swords. :spaz

goldb
March 26, 2010, 09:55 AM
I doubt they'd fight, but we'll most probably see Mihawk next chapter; just so we can see his reaction to Shanks' appearance.

I think Shanks will tell Akainu that he's not there looking for a fight, but if he tries to attack him he won't just stand there...he doesn't seem the type to fight willy-nilly.

As soon as the war is over, I'm gonna make a list of winners and losers, Biggest loser will have Marco lurking around that top 3...Such uselessness, ever since he began turning his hand into blue flames... Biggest winners are clearly Akainu for the Marines and BB for the pirates...

I just read cnet's translation, and it seems to me that Smoker too is questioning his justice:

Smoker: (What is the difference?!! Both "justice" and "evil"...)

8-9
Smoker: (Upon achieving victory...)
Akainu: Do not forgive the evil pirate scum!!!
Smoker: (...they only thirst for more!!!)

hy4k
March 26, 2010, 10:28 AM
smoker for next strawhat?

he's an enemy and a logia type would fit the crew well so it's certainly plausible

goldb
March 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
It won't happen, he hates pirates like you wouldn't believe...he's just maybe questioning his sense of justice...

BurninDarkness
March 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
hey is it possible that bon clay also escaped and will join the strawhats
hes quite hillarious and crazy like the others

SenninSage
March 26, 2010, 11:10 AM
It was really awesome seeing Smoker have doubts about what was going on this chapter. Oda really does do incredible work his characters. I can see Smoker becoming a new era of more just leadership for the World Government.

I really do believe that Sengoku is going to end up becoming a Strawhat Pirate.

Poisok2
March 26, 2010, 11:16 AM
Regarding the Kizaru-Beckman issue, though I agree that Kizaru is indeed a prankster, I also agree with what someone said before - Ben Beckman is one of the most intelligent characters in One Piece, so he wouldn't be pointing his gun at Kizaru unless he could do some damage. If it was just for show, he might not be able to halt Kizaru, and Luffy's escape might have failed.

My theory is that, like Shanks is able to use Haki to block (and attack, for sure) Logia users with his sword, Ben Beckman shall be able to use Haki in order to cause his bullets to damage otherwise intangible characters like Kizaru.

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 11:38 AM

The point isn't whether or not the bullets would hurt Kizaru because he's a logia ... (haki or seastone could explain his reaction) the issue is that he should be fast enough to just dodge them, He caught Luffy when he (Luffy) was using his Gear 2 which I believe is as fast or more as a bullet, that aside ... now, since when does a bullet come anywhere close to the speed of Light? which leads to a simple deduction : I said this before but I think Kizaru is well aware of what Ben can do (like nullifying his speed with Haki or whatever). :)

Bugzee
March 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
It's going to be interesting if there's already a plan in the works for Ben to act as "bait" for Kizaru...so that another Red Hair Pirate or a group of them ambush or trap him temporiarily. Just a random thought lol...

I think Aokiji will now "attempt" to join Akainu against Shanks. :amuse

OunknownO
March 26, 2010, 11:46 AM
kizaru can move with the speed of light but he dosen't have such fast reflex, he is an admiral but he is also human

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 11:51 AM
It's going to be interesting if there's already a plan in the works for Ben to act as "bait" for Kizaru...so that another Red Hair Pirate or a group of them ambush or trap him temporiarily. Just a random thought lol...

I think Aokiji will now "attempt" to join Akainu against Shanks. :amuse
It doesn't matter whether Akainu and Aokiji join forces to attack Shanks or not, the result is gonna be the same ... they would be literally screwed, not because they aren't at Shanks level but Akainu isn't in conditions to fight big shots now (Remember WhiteBeard's gift). + Shanks isn't there to fight ... well, unless he has no choice.

msg
March 26, 2010, 12:02 PM
prediction - Aokiji join the fun by freezing law's submarine, Shanks bring a tenryubito as hostage for negotiation.

Dark Doc.
March 26, 2010, 12:06 PM
hey is it possible that bon clay also escaped and will join the strawhats
hes quite hillarious and crazy like the others

I would love that too, he would fit really well indeed :)

but I think there are 2 major reason why that won't happen:

1. Bon-chan will go with iva to Okama kingdom (or should I say Queendom) because, lets face it, thats his dream world.

2. Sanji would ;bash Luffy for bringing an Okama in their crew after we saw Sanji spend a while freaking out on that queer island. Then he's finally united with the rest of the Strawhats and he would get confronted with another okama. I think the crazy flashbacks from queer island would be to much for Sanji :P

Bugzee
March 26, 2010, 12:13 PM
prediction - Aokiji join the fun by freezing law's submarine, Shanks bring a tenryubito as hostage for negotiation.

:amuse I like the prediction idea.

I wonder if Aokiji can freeze the submarine in time? :blink Maybe, someone else will intercept Aokiji before he attacks Law again?

masubiladin
March 26, 2010, 12:17 PM
I till Bon-boy will go with Iva-chan and become a revolutionary. I know that u guys like Bon chan(i do too) but i dont think that he would fit in the crew.

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 12:18 PM
@ ~Buggy*Fly~ - Don't forget Yassop and the fat Lucky ... they can deal with Aokiji ^^

hy4k
March 26, 2010, 12:26 PM
It won't happen, he hates pirates like you wouldn't believe...he's just maybe questioning his sense of justice...

still he might start questioning the arbitrary guidelines of the world government.

he knows pirates can be good and marines cane be evil, so why stick with the marines?

masubiladin
March 26, 2010, 12:33 PM
I wonder if Ussop can be like his father u know. Cuz his father seem cooler than Ussop and now Ussop just too weak. When fighting with the CP9 he dont have an opponent because Oda know hes just too weak and Oda choose different role for him.

hy4k
March 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
I wonder if Ussop can be like his father u know. Cuz his father seem cooler than Ussop and now Ussop just too weak. When fighting with the CP9 he dont have an opponent because Oda know hes just too weak and Oda choose different role for him.

i actually thin usopp could be better than his father

lets not forget he's a genius inventor and he has a range of tools at his disposal beyond his catapult. he needs some proper guns instead of his baby crap but he has the potential to be the best sniper in the one piece universe

k-dom
March 26, 2010, 01:38 PM
Law taking Jinbei and Luffy away makes me think that Luffy will recover in mermaid island and not in Saobondy at I thought first. It seems much a better place to hide than the archipelago, also Jinbei would be there to protect him. What is your opinion about that ?

Bugzee
March 26, 2010, 01:49 PM
@ ~Buggy*Fly~ - Don't forget Yassop and the fat Lucky ... they can deal with Aokiji ^^

:amuse Yea, no doubt about it. We'll see Lucky Roo & Yasopp very soon! :shakefist A Roo & Yasopp combo on Aokiji? :XD

still he might start questioning the arbitrary guidelines of the world government.

he knows pirates can be good and marines cane be evil, so why stick with the marines?

There is no way and no reason for Smoker to become a SH. It doesn't make any sense. Have you just started reading OP? (I mean no offense because if you have just started reading OP, I highly recommend you to read the previous chapters. It's well worth it imo :))

Don't worry. We'll be seeing a lot more of Smoker & Coby in the near future. ;)

Law taking Jinbei and Luffy away makes me think that Luffy will recover in mermaid island and not in Saobondy at I thought first. It seems much a better place to hide than the archipelago, also Jinbei would be there to protect him. What is your opinion about that ?

Your post struck me completely lol. I think your right. I can imagine the rest of the SH's regrouping with Rayleigh and the Thousand Sunny before heading to Mermaid Island (where Luffy would be ;)). Maybe, Luffy will be in a coma until all of the SH's are reunited together?! I totally agree with ya on Mermaid Island being a safer place for Luffy & Jinbei to rest as oppose to SA.:)

:smile-big Jinbei to become a SH. :shakefist

Poneglyph420
March 26, 2010, 02:17 PM

Why?? Because clearly for Smoker isn't just "Justice" is about doing the right thing morally speaking. Smoker IMO will be like the "Garp" of the "new era"..
So why not leave the Marines??? There's so much to do, and at the moment Coby has shown there are other morally minded marines.
Smoker will hopefully play a larger role as we progress...

I'm sure Smoker has already questioned the mindset of the WG..
Prob. since Arabasta......
[hr]

Hmm.
Could be, and then SH come to meet him there??
Maybe, I guess.

Also Shanks will be heading that way to go back to NW..
He can find Luffy and give him the Mugiwara.....

WickedNeko
March 26, 2010, 02:24 PM
All this talk about Shanks, Beckman, Yassop, Lucky.... aren't we all forgetting about someone important? That's right... Rockstar...

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 02:38 PM

yes but soon enough will make a discovery since oda seems to be rushing things up a bit so i guess we should wait .
[hr]

man a new war is gonna break out seems to me . oda isnt having enough of this . but i hope that shanks will actually 'end' the war .

deprince69
March 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
There are still Dadan and Dragon missing... Maybe they will run for Luffy to. But Shanks intention in this is probably more the balance between outlaws and WG than saving Luffy.

who is dadan?

WickedNeko
March 26, 2010, 03:01 PM
He's the guy who raised Ace and Luffy.

Spaceman-Spiff
March 26, 2010, 03:06 PM
Coming next week: Red Dog vs Red Hair & Red Nose

That'll be awesome.

furio69
March 26, 2010, 03:09 PM
After ace and Wb getting killed, i m really hoping either aikinu or kizaru dies... would only be fair imo

Charlie
March 26, 2010, 03:18 PM
Any chance that Yassop is taking sniping positions already?

superman97
March 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
All this talk about Shanks, Beckman, Yassop, Lucky.... aren't we all forgetting about someone important? That's right... Rockstar...

I think Rockstar would be like the equivalent of Sanji joining the battlefield... I am sure he will get screen time but nothing major.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
Any chance that Yassop is taking sniping positions already?

why would that be ?? one piece doesnt have the traditional snipping like hit and run . the last chapter was like a full stop to this war it has to end otherwise the story will be open .

who is dadan?

luffys nanny man more like a trainer than a babysitter to me . he was thrown couple of times at the recent chapters you should read them again its fun .

Poneglyph420
March 26, 2010, 03:41 PM
Seems to me Shanks and crew aren't really interested in causing any more trouble than needed. IMO they want to make sure WB's crew and allies are able to get away freely and safely. I don't see them attempting any more than pushing the Marines back (And hopefully Shanks smacks Akainu..)

I also wonder if Shanks already knew Luffy was here, if so no wonder he showed up..

I am also interested in what BB is gonna do next? Can he really challenge Sengoku and Garp.. And even more so is the BB crew gonna do anything??
Personally I was hoping to see some of these "bad asses" show what they can do.
In this last Chapter BB says he's gonna close the Age of Sengoku and Garp too??
You think he can beat them both?? Can he with his crews help??

who is dadan?

He's a cameo only character up til now..
No one really knows much but that Garp had him take care of Ace and Luffy..
sigh.

Zehahaha
March 26, 2010, 03:46 PM
Guys, next chapter we're gonna the super uper combination : Buggy and Shanks ! Be ready for some good action, captain Buggy, the savior, the messiah will show you how he's really strong, along with the one who made Akainu bastard make a priceless face : Shanks !

The world is done for !

happy GIN smily
March 26, 2010, 03:48 PM
what i would like to see in the next chapter:

BB-crew kills Senghok. would only be fair to have one Admiral killed in this war too, after two big players on pirate side fell. just for the so called ballance.

the Admiral who would be promoted to Fleetadmiral would propably be Akainu. he would establish an even more evi an mercyless justice in the Marine. but that would come later...

i also want to see the rest of Shanks´ crew in action. i cant believe that the Marines will quit fighting just because Shanks tells them to stop.

And of course i want to see Garp fighting. he should at least do something in this war. lousy grampa...

i know all this will not happen. at leat not on the 14 - 16 pages of the the next chapter... but the hope dies last

Bugzee
March 26, 2010, 04:12 PM
Coming next week: Red Dog vs Red Hair & Red Nose

That'll be awesome.

I definitely want to see Buggy & Shanks exhange a few words. :tem Fight against Akainu? That would be sweet. It'll bring back memories of this (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v45/c434/9.html). :spaz I don't think Buggy would do much against Akainu though. :XD

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070716105640/onepiece/images/4/4d/Chapter_19.jpg :XD

We'll probably see a few panels next chapter of the Shichibukai's reaction to the sudden appearance of Shanks. I can't wait to see what Mihawk thinks of all this. I bet Moria now has his eyes set on a particular shadow that's just popped up.....:XD

deprince69
March 26, 2010, 04:15 PM
He's a cameo only character up til now..
No one really knows much but that Garp had him take care of Ace and Luffy..
sigh.

yeah i knew that much but the person i quoted was making it seem like he is someone we have seen and is a badass but i think he was just someone who took care of luffy and has no important roles in the world

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
yeah i knew that much but the person i quoted was making it seem like he is someone we have seen and is a badass but i think he was just someone who took care of luffy and has no important roles in the world

i get you there though being short on words the only normal reaction of a reader would be as much .

deprince69
March 26, 2010, 04:22 PM
i get you there though being short on words the only normal reaction of a reader would be as much .

hmm i guess so but if he was that much of a deal then we would have seen him when shanks was in luffy's village when he was a kid or get some sort of hint up to this point, i guess we have to wait and see wuz good with the cat, cuz arguing won't get us far

masubiladin
March 26, 2010, 04:22 PM
next week Shanks rescue the wb pirates and then go take care of luffy.

deprince69
March 26, 2010, 04:25 PM
i am not sure if this has been discussed but i heard from someone that, Oda is planning to have this the last adventure for luffy as a 17 year old so we gonnna get a time skip i think that within the time skip luffy and others will get come together and then continue with their journey

chess4
March 26, 2010, 04:29 PM
smoker for next strawhat?

he's an enemy and a logia type would fit the crew well so it's certainly plausible

naw smoker is going to be an admiral one day. smoker, coby, and tashigi are cut from the same cloth as garp.

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
I definitely want to see Buggy & Shanks exhange a few words. :tem Fight against Akainu? That would be sweet. It'll bring back memories of this (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v45/c434/9.html). :spaz I don't think Buggy would do much against Akainu though. :XD

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070716105640/onepiece/images/4/4d/Chapter_19.jpg :XD

We'll probably see a few panels next chapter of the Shichibukai's reaction to the sudden appearance of Shanks. I can't wait to see what Mihawk thinks of all this. I bet Moria now has his eyes set on a particular shadow that's just popped up.....:XD

F**k Yeah, :shakefist ... But I gotta tell you that Shanks doesn't seem in the mood to start joking with Buggy right now and neither is Buggy. (I'm kidding ... Buggy can't make that look even if he tries ... a clown is always a clown :p)

fuatf90
March 26, 2010, 04:36 PM

Rockstar was mentioned to be still a rookie on Shanks' crew. I am sure there are a lot of ppl in his crew who are more capable than Rockstar.

blackking187
March 26, 2010, 04:42 PM
Prediction

Senogoku is going to die
Garp is 50/50

Shanks is only going to make sure the wb pirates can leave this place
Timeskip willl be fishermen island arc

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
The marines just can't stop now ... even if they get Luffy they won't stop, they'd just continue to try and kill the WB pirates who for the most part are in complete shambles ... chasing after the pirates in order to whip them out while losing your own men in the process is completely stupid.
Akainu should learn from Coby. -_-;

masubiladin
March 26, 2010, 04:54 PM
Akainu is not stupid. hes just overwhelming by his evil and satisfy his excitement by using the excuse of justice.

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 05:10 PM
Akainu is not stupid. hes just overwhelming by his evil and satisfy his excitement by using the excuse of justice.

that's why ... he's so selfish, he thinks everyone care about justice like him, sometimes you have to give up when everything is still fine for you, It's like betting money ... I mean if you double your bet ever time you win, then when you finally lose, you lose everything that you've won so far.

zerocooldx
March 26, 2010, 05:10 PM
The marines just can't stop now ... even if they get Luffy they won't stop, they'd just continue to try and kill the WB pirates who for the most part are in complete shambles ... chasing after the pirates in order to whip them out while losing your own men in the process is completely stupid.

It's not just Akainu though, at the beginning of the chapter orders were issued to the Marines to divide the attacks between the WB and BB pirates. Akainu is just the poster boy for Absolute Justice, so in now way is he the driving force or a major proponent behind it.

Bugzee
March 26, 2010, 05:13 PM
F**k Yeah, :shakefist ... But I gotta tell you that Shanks doesn't seem in the mood to start joking with Buggy right now and neither is Buggy. (I'm kidding ... Buggy can't make that look even if he tries ... a clown is always a clown :p)

That's true. Buggy will certainly do SOMETHING! xD I still feel that he is holding back (hiding?) his true strength/power (no joke I'm serious this time. :p). A Red Hair and Red Nose combo FTW! :shakefist

It would be cool though if Buggy tagged along with the Red Hair Pirates until they reach Mermaid Island or even the NW.

That's because they all envy BB for having two devil fruit abilities. :grin

You could argue that BB robbed the marines from their glory with the eyes of the world witnessing it all. Now that Shanks has entered the marines imo are screwed. It'll be interesting how the BB pirates will escape now.