PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 579 Discussion / 580 Prediction

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

luffy_boy
March 26, 2010, 05:14 PM
I hope that when buggy sees Shanks... his ambition to grow will increase... so he will get ambition.. And i hope he will also become and he will also become a Supernova. (all of his actions durring this arc will make his bounty increase to atleast 100 mil..)

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 05:26 PM
It's not just Akainu though, at the beginning of the chapter orders were issued to the Marines to divide the attacks between the WB and BB pirates. Akainu is just the poster boy for Absolute Justice, so in now way is he the driving force or a major proponent behind it.

Yeah, and IMO that was the right thing to do, because their enemies are so vulnerable now that both their captain and the man they came to save just died in front of them.

Dragon Slayer
March 26, 2010, 05:36 PM
anything is fine with me. I JUST WANNA C SHANKS POWER AS HE IS A FAVORITE OF MINES. i wanna c his crew go at it for atleast one chapter.

Black Lagoon
March 26, 2010, 05:39 PM
That's because they all envy BB for having two devil fruit abilities. :grin

You could argue that BB robbed the marines from their glory with the eyes of the world witnessing it all. Now that Shanks has entered the marines imo are screwed. It'll be interesting how the BB pirates will escape now.

Indeed :XD

With Shanks entrance, my advise is : You a$$holes must think about what you achieved today ... in this war ... So get the hell out of her... go Ask Shanks to lend you some sake and leave the pirates go home dumba$$. -_-; (:P)

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 05:58 PM
the man of the chapter was actually beckdude talk about cool . and the first time kizaru does something so pathetic . i gotta say i didnt tend to a shanks in all seriousness simply its not his thing .
i dont know if it was said but coby was hearing voices desappearing what was that .

Finale
March 26, 2010, 06:15 PM
If I was in Akainu's position I wouldn't just allow the WB pirates to flee either. They arent going to get a better chance to wipe them out than they have now. WB and Ace are both dead, Joz is incapacitated, marine's morale is high, and the pirates are in disarray. It would be unrealistic on Oda's part to simply let the WB run off with marines saying "oh well we completed our mission thats it for today."

Also does anyone else think that the voices Coby are hearing are the same as the voices that Rayleigh said Roger could hear? That would be something that Coby would have an ability that the Pirate King once had.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 06:20 PM
Also does anyone else think that the voices Coby are hearing are the same as the voices that Rayleigh said Roger could hear? That would be something that Coby would have an ability that the Pirate King once had.

didt he eat a DF no further info were given . though thats what i had in mind .
and isnt it ironic that a marine was protected by a pirate meaning rightous evil is still bad even if its right . being a marine does that make you good what is justice other than protecting people it all goes away if you start slaughtering them for the sake of protecting them there is only one answer selfeshness under justice is what akainu represents lokking at the large picture thats what the world government is built from . there is their justice even if its wrong . i've started to think that oda is basing his plot on a certain philosophy .

chess4
March 26, 2010, 06:29 PM
cant wait to see buggy and shanks back in action. buggy's new crew will faint when they see him talk to shanks. whatever luffy thinks of buggy he saved his life. glad to see both of rogers boy are getting the shine on

acurabot
March 26, 2010, 06:30 PM

No, its not the same. Its kinda like mantra. Remember that little girl on sky island could hear the voices disappearing. Its the same power she had i would say.

shluffy
March 26, 2010, 06:45 PM
Ok, ok, something's wrong here. Luffy already left. Shanks picked up Luffy's hat. So how will Luffy get his hat back? He has to get his hat back else he won't be "Strawhat Luffy" anymore. He would also have to change his flag. It's true that Shanks told him to return the hat when he became a great pirate. But I really can't see Luffy without a strawhat. He wouldn't be the same.

Ex-Shadow
March 26, 2010, 07:01 PM
cant wait to see buggy and shanks back in action. buggy's new crew will faint when they see him talk to shanks. whatever luffy thinks of buggy he saved his life. glad to see both of rogers boy are getting the shine on

Nah, they won't faint from something like that. Rather, they wil faint from Shanks' haki alone? Don't you think so? Even Coby had faint already.

Ok, ok, something's wrong here. Luffy already left. Shanks picked up Luffy's hat. So how will Luffy get his hat back? He has to get his hat back else he won't be "Strawhat Luffy" anymore. He would also have to change his flag. It's true that Shanks told him to return the hat when he became a great pirate. But I really can't see Luffy without a strawhat. He wouldn't be the same.

Well, maybe he will give it to Rayleigh so he can give that hat when Luffy get his ship back. I'm quite sure of this.

Loreus
March 26, 2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe taking the hat off resembles that he doesnt need someone much stronger to take care of him. That he/needs to grow up.

Or something... xD

chess4
March 26, 2010, 07:21 PM
Nah, they won't faint from something like that. Rather, they wil faint from Shanks' haki alone? Don't you think so? Even Coby had faint already.

i dont mean literally. im saying they will be all star struck like when he was talking to WB.

i dont think they will faint from shanks haki. if im not mistaken all of their bounties are around 50 million berri, so im sure they will be ok.

im sure luffy will get his hat back before he goes to new world. i dont think luffy and shanks will meet up until the strawhats are back together. usopp has to meet his father as well.

superman97
March 26, 2010, 07:26 PM

Well, maybe he will give it to Rayleigh so he can give that hat when Luffy get his ship back. I'm quite sure of this.
I think we are gonna see Luffy wake up screaming "MY HATTTTTT" just so shanks can walk in the room to give it back, and we see luffy all excited.

Loreus
March 26, 2010, 07:30 PM
I think we are gonna see Luffy wake up screaming "MY HATTTTTT" just so shanks can walk in the room to give it back, and we see luffy all excited.

I think he'll scream "AAACE"

fuatf90
March 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
I really wonder how Luffy's character will develop from now on. It is high likely that he won't be cheerful for a while. Oda needs to approach it very carefully, trying not to cross the lines of Luffy's character. We have never seen a proper depressed Luffy.

MokiSenpai
March 26, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, do you remember this part in the Skypia arc?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2475/snapshot20100327014123.jpg

These are the exact same words that Coby said. And Aisa also has mantra.

White Silver King
March 26, 2010, 07:57 PM
Okay where does it for sure, absolutely state that mantra is the ability to read thoughts? I'd very much like to see it.

PH3000
March 26, 2010, 08:02 PM
The end of the chapter says "the finale arrives"(link (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/17/)). Does it nean the next chapter is the last if this arc?

shluffy
March 26, 2010, 08:13 PM
The end of the chapter says "the finale arrives"(link (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/17/)). Does it nean the next chapter is the last if this arc?

It probably means the final chapters.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 26, 2010, 08:16 PM
Okay where does it for sure, absolutely state that mantra is the ability to read thoughts? I'd very much like to see it.

no where .
mantra only predicts movements.

hy4k
March 26, 2010, 09:44 PM
There is no way and no reason for Smoker to become a SH. It doesn't make any sense. Have you just started reading OP? (I mean no offense because if you have just started reading OP, I highly recommend you to read the previous chapters. It's well worth it imo :))

i have read the previous chapters, have you?

smoker is a marine and from what i can tell a moral man. if he comes to see the marines as an evil organisation or at least one that is capable of great evil, why would he stick with them? what if tashigi died as a result of his superiors pursuing absolute justice?

on the other hand he has only ever seen the strawhats do good. he's pursuing them as a matter of duty, but if he comes to the conclusion that the marines are evil then he's likely to join the strawhats

and the crew needs a logia. he's at the right power level AND he's a former/current enemy

Sunburn74
March 26, 2010, 10:08 PM
We need like 2 OP chapters a week. :darn The pain and torture of waiting another week to see what happens next in this war is killing me already. :wall

Yeah... Benn Beckman stopping kizaru? Red haired shanks? Don't forget Mihawk is still around: he won't take all this lying down.

We really need two chaps a week honestly.

Dr. Vegapunk
March 26, 2010, 10:30 PM
Huh? Ben is Silvers son?? Did someone just say that,

then that means Law is Dr. Kurehas Great great grandson from Drum Island, the most advanced place considering medical knowledge right!?

Pffft, yeah right.
[hr]

Yeah... Benn Beckman stopping kizaru? Red haired shanks? Don't forget Mihawk is still around: he won't take all this lying down.

Agreed, we should send a petition right now and overwork the most brilliant storytelling mangaka of this age.

chitgoks
March 26, 2010, 10:41 PM

smoker is a marine and from what i can tell a moral man. if he comes to see the marines as an evil organisation or at least one that is capable of great evil, why would he stick with them? what if tashigi died as a result of his superiors pursuing absolute justice?

on the other hand he has only ever seen the strawhats do good. he's pursuing them as a matter of duty, but if he comes to the conclusion that the marines are evil then he's likely to join the strawhats

and the crew needs a logia. he's at the right power level AND he's a former/current enemy

he could turn to a pirate just like captain drake
[hr]

yeah it is a pain. and the last page of each chapter still ends in a cliffhanger
[hr]
would suck not to see any admiral being taken down. that would only reinforce the fact that the marines cannot be stopped even by a yonkou

i mean ... in my perspective :D

hy4k
March 26, 2010, 10:50 PM
i doubt mihawk will do anything

he seems to be on good terms with shanks. hell he even had doubts about fighting luffy because of his connection to shanks

msg
March 26, 2010, 11:38 PM
I don't think Coby using mantra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantra).Coby is using what is called psychic telepathy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepathy).just imo.Is just that Coby doesn't know he had "that"inside him.Probably what Askia been using is telephaty.She just called it "mantra".Enel is different.Saw him using mantra tablets and priest monks to predict,read, access "things".

Shanks is a cunning and intelligent guy.The only way i can see to effectively stop this war right on it's track without killing anyone anymore from the rampaging marines is to kidnap someone important preferably a tenryubito.The marines will listen to a tenryubito at a gun point.They're are after all the "employer" of them.So basically Shanks got an "Ace" card to use it for negotiating and settle this war once for it all.

prediction - Rayleigh coming with thousand sunny with one or two tenryubitos all tied up, pointing a gun at their head.:p

Poneglyph420
March 26, 2010, 11:55 PM

While Smoker is indeed seemingly shaken in his faith in the Marines, especially in this chapter.. I don't think he's ready to give up on the principles of order and law for a life of piracy..
IMO, this is just showing a further division within the WG structure.
And adding to future foreshadowing based on WB's last speech..

There could be a point later on where Smoker actually sympathizes with the SH, but not 'til the end IMO.

Smoker has been built up as Luffy's Garp.. And maybe one of the last bastions of "moral" marines (with Coby and Tashigi too..)

You could be right.

But I don't see smoker giving up on all of it just because he is disgusted by it.... Probably like Garp he will just continue to distance himself from it....

ON another note:
Really wanna see what BB can do, and confirm what's what with the Akagami crew....

shluffy
March 27, 2010, 12:05 AM
Wow I really can't wait to see Shanks fight. I doubt that Shanks can end this war with no violence. Also I can't wait to see Shanks crew, especially Yasopp. I want to really compare Usopp to his father. I really don't want to believe this but my friend was saying Shanks COULD possible die.

airius
March 27, 2010, 12:34 AM
Wow I really can't wait to see Shanks fight. I doubt that Shanks can end this war with no violence. Also I can't wait to see Shanks crew, especially Yasopp. I want to really compare Usopp to his father. I really don't want to believe this but my friend was saying Shanks COULD possible die.

I doubt it very seriously. The whole one piece epic is about Luffy, Shanks, and one piece basically. He was there at the beginning, and he will be there at the end. IMO.
[hr]

I'm not sure if Luffy will see shanks this time around. I think Shanks just rescued the hat from the battlefield and it will end up back with Luffy somehow. Maybe Shanks will find Law and give it to him to give Luffy when he wakes up. Or maybe it'll be waiting for him when he meets with Raleigh. We may only see a letter to Luffy from Shanks expressing his condolences and giving him a pep talk. Who knows.

jiminy
March 27, 2010, 01:58 AM
that sounds plausible that Shanks meets with Rayleigh, and gives the hat to him. And along with the hat, Shanks gives Rayleigh a message to give to Luffy.

I think Law will want to head straight to Fishman Island, but Luffy will wake up in Law's ship and ask to be dropped off at Shabondy, saying that he is expecting to meet up with his crew there. Law will grant his wish and drop him off, but he takes Jimbei with him towards Fishman Island. Luffy at Shabondy is taken care of by Rayleigh until the rest of the Strawhats regroup

leonoel
March 27, 2010, 04:15 AM
I am kinda guessing a time skip, with Luffy waking up in Shabondy with or without the Crew, that I am not sure, since the final 2 pages were epic, with Luffy being carried away and the submarine going down, and of course Shanks. Maybe we will se a recap or something of the sorts, I am guessing the war is over with this last appearance of Shanks, and Oda was literally saying that, that with this appearance, the war is over.

Also, I am kinda amazed how Kizaru just stopped being at gunpoint, so tt only assures that Ben Beckman can use haki and embedded that bullets with it, since we have evidence that kizaru is not harmed by common bullets. This proves my last point, that bullets can be embedded with Haki

OunknownO
March 27, 2010, 04:41 AM
@MokiSenpai

You really have a lot of free time on your hands XD

I think Coby has mantra like Aisa and Enel, only his is just woken up.

PS. thanks for the pic MokiSenpai, it explains a lot

BloodNight
March 27, 2010, 05:21 AM
I am kinda guessing a time skip, with Luffy waking up in Shabondy with or without the Crew, that I am not sure, since the final 2 pages were epic, with Luffy being carried away and the submarine going down, and of course Shanks. Maybe we will se a recap or something of the sorts, I am guessing the war is over with this last appearance of Shanks, and Oda was literally saying that, that with this appearance, the war is over.

Also, I am kinda amazed how Kizaru just stopped being at gunpoint, so tt only assures that Ben Beckman can use haki and embedded that bullets with it, since we have evidence that kizaru is not harmed by common bullets. This proves my last point, that bullets can be embedded with Haki

Or that he uses seastone bullets?

Black Lagoon
March 27, 2010, 05:22 AM

Aside what Poneglyph420 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1859582#post1859582)said, Smoker seems to be a bit confused but that doesn't change the fact that also the pirates or should I say some of them are evils.
So arguments based on who's evil don't change anything. :noworry

Lord Rayleigh
March 27, 2010, 05:27 AM
It's very interesting that Shanks picked up the SH. That means he and Luffy will meet after the war because we can be sure that Luffy is not strong enough for Shanks to take it back, and that the story cannot continue without the SH.
Anyway, I think that Luffy will still be in coma/K.O. when Shanks will come to see him. He'll probably say some some few words about Luffy's growth and actions and will return it to Law. I wonder if Jimbei will get better before Shanks came or not.
I'm looking forward to an interaction between Law and Shanks : Shanks may recognize Law'sword and reveal it is a special one.

And please, Law, don't go to Fishman Island, just come back to Shabondy Archipelago. I want the SHs to discover the Fishman Island.

OunknownO
March 27, 2010, 05:53 AM
jinbei wil not join mugiwara's. He will stay to defend the fishman island from other pirates

Schabrak
March 27, 2010, 06:40 AM
And please, Law, don't go to Fishman Island, just come back to Shabondy Archipelago. I want the SHs to discover the Fishman Island.
I would like that too. Luffys reaction to newly shown places or beings was always one of the most funny situations Oda created, so him reacting to it alone would not be the same anymore. I need some Chopper and Lyssop action too.

What reason would Smoker have to defect? He is a marine to the core, maybe not with the same ideology as the wild Akainu, but still, his aim is to stop the pirates from roaming the sea. Also X.Drake has that position already, so it's unlikely that Oda would create somebody with the same background story.

GomuGomuNoBigBoner
March 27, 2010, 06:50 AM
in the end, it will be revealed that fishman island was annihilated following the course of drastic see quakes : D

The rookie
March 27, 2010, 06:58 AM
I think it was the last picture of the war, we won't see anything mor e of it maby only in flashbacks. luffy the character Op is about left, so there is no reason showing this war go to an end. Prob.we will see shs returning 1 by 1 and all with a nice powerup :P

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 08:23 AM
I think it was the last picture of the war, we won't see anything mor e of it maby only in flashbacks. luffy the character Op is about left, so there is no reason showing this war go to an end. Prob.we will see shs returning 1 by 1 and all with a nice powerup :P

i've been saying this a month now . and here we are in the middle of a new chaos shanks wants to stop the war marines wont have break its getting no where .

urlaub
March 27, 2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah, discovering the fishman island would be a lot cooler with Luffy than without him. I mean, just the rest of the SH band making the journey with sunny. Always thought that the journey to fishman island is something like the journey to skypeia or alabasta. You go through a lot of exciting stuff before. And hints are already made that under the water are awesome stuff that Oda can use(remember the coverstory of hatchan?)

Next chapter is quite predictable, but as I have come to experience, if you think everything is predictable and therefore lame, Oda always pulls of a positive surprise for me.

And I cannot see how Shanks arrival can end the squirmisch between BBs band and Sen plus Garp? Will someone explain that shit to me?

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 08:44 AM

i dont think they will go to fishlman island not after this chapter .

Zeltrax
March 27, 2010, 08:50 AM

Don't see why not, fishman island has been long anticipated, so it has to be in the story.
and most importantly, I want them to adventure there, been a long time since we last seen the strawhats adventuring together.
oda better pull it off right, but knowing him, he'll do much more than just doing things right.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 08:56 AM
Don't see why not, fishman island has been long anticipated, so it has to be in the story.
and most importantly, I want them to adventure there, been a long time since we last seen the strawhats adventuring together.
oda better pull it off right, but knowing him, he'll do much more than just doing things right.

no offence but that is not what i meant .
i said law and luffy wont enter FI together because it would spit on " the go to FI " the SHs were planing to together .

goldb
March 27, 2010, 09:35 AM
It's very interesting that Shanks picked up the SH. That means he and Luffy will meet after the war because we can be sure that Luffy is not strong enough for Shanks to take it back, and that the story cannot continue without the SH.
Anyway, I think that Luffy will still be in coma/K.O. when Shanks will come to see him. He'll probably say some some few words about Luffy's growth and actions and will return it to Law. I wonder if Jimbei will get better before Shanks came or not.
I'm looking forward to an interaction between Law and Shanks : Shanks may recognize Law'sword and reveal it is a special one.

I don't think he'll take Luffy to Fishman Island, he'll probably drop him off at Shabondy Arc, and maybe Rayleigh will pick him up from there or something... I think at this point it's pretty much a given that Luffy will be comatose for a while, not only is he severely physically injured but the mental breakdown he must be going through...

I think BB might have a few words for Shanks when they see each other...but most of those we'll probably come from BB trying to taunt Shanks imo

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 09:44 AM
was it mention the tenth devision commander was taken down here (http://http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/08-09/)

goldb
March 27, 2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah I mentioned it like twice before but I don't know if people noticed it...

Zeltrax
March 27, 2010, 10:11 AM
i said law and luffy wont enter FI together because it would spit on " the go to FI " the SHs were planing to together .

my bad.
and same as u guys,
im guessing that kidd will leave luffy in rayleigh care and head over to new world first.
the shs will come shortly after that.
still hoping that next chapter is a timeskip though.

chess4
March 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
wonder how much time will pass before the strawhats make their way back to each other. on about a week has passed(one piece time) since the arc. they still have the vivi card, so hopefully they go back to SA

urlaub
March 27, 2010, 11:02 AM
Do not worry, they will. But I see the problem here, we miss them so much. I miss the SH more than anything in the world. They are so cute and manly.

chess4
March 27, 2010, 11:08 AM
Do not worry, they will. But I see the problem here, we miss them so much. I miss the SH more than anything in the world. They are so cute and manly.

hope your little sister typed that in:p

cant wait to see my main man usopp in action again. its been almost 2 years.

Dark Doc.
March 27, 2010, 11:17 AM
Wanna see the SH back to and I hope they will all be there when Luffy wakes up at SA after a timeskip, but I think the reunion will be a bit more strechted by Grand Master Oda.

I also wonder about their upgrades (although I know thats a completely other discussion). Mostly Usopp's :)

BurninDarkness
March 27, 2010, 12:08 PM
can ne1 guess how long the timeskip will be though
is evry1 seriously thinkin it will b luffys 18th bday soon and thats what oda meant when he said it will be luffys last adv as a 17 yr old

SenninSage
March 27, 2010, 12:25 PM
I'd be very interested in seeing just how it is Shanks plans on ending this war. They will most likely attempt to challenge him, or is Shanks and his crew so powerful that it would be absolutely crazy to think about challenging them right now. With the immense power of his haki, he can perceivably cause some serious damage to every single one of the marine admirals, if pushed.

Schabrak
March 27, 2010, 12:45 PM
can ne1 guess how long the timeskip will be though
is evry1 seriously thinkin it will b luffys 18th bday soon and thats what oda meant when he said it will be luffys last adv as a 17 yr old
Please write grammatic, this is an international board, and internet/kiddy-slang won't help to understand everything you wrote. Somehow somebody has to seize that comment from Oda and post it like every 5 pages for weeks. ^^ How about posting in a appropiate thread or create one for it?

Well, that's what that point of becoming older is... aging.XD We know that he most probably meant maturing with the last adventure as a 17 teen year old, but being 18 year old is part of that too.

Ryoz
March 27, 2010, 12:53 PM
It seems Luffy has escaped (or is about to) with Law so I guess there is no need to stay focus on the war.
so next :
-Shanks crew take control+timeskip chapter
-what about the other mugi chapter
-Luffy wakes up chapter

A few chapters ago I was expecting the war to continue in a mini cover story. Why not now.(well I know its just a dream :p)

wonder if Ussop's father is as old looking as Beckman.

Dystopia
March 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/14-15/

is that a star in luffy's left eye? o.o

OunknownO
March 27, 2010, 01:09 PM

I think it's a cut

jiminy
March 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
I think it's a cut

thats a bad scan, or clean up of the scan. Check out Mangastream/Blinktopia's version for a much better cleaned scanned version. There is no dark ring around the eye

roguehavoc
March 27, 2010, 01:35 PM
Well I want Shanks to help Luffy by giving him some haki training but thats obviously not happening in the next few chapters:s
But still Shanks can kill Akainu anytime(hoping for it):p

kal-elh
March 27, 2010, 01:47 PM
Well I want Shanks to help Luffy by giving him some haki training but thats obviously not happening in the next few chapters:s
But still Shanks can kill Akainu anytime(hoping for it):p

AND SO AM I

I think that everybody wants that now

zozo96
March 27, 2010, 01:58 PM

It's an error (possibly an intentional one) from the scanlation team. Compare with this one (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/13).

This war will end soon. It seems to me that to some extent Coby was using Haki, too. I mean how can he stopped the war just by screaming. We all remember Vivi's vain effort (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/209/07/) when she tried to stop the war of Arabasta. On a contrary, Coby's words did stop such an intensive battle. They worked almost the same as Luffy's. The truth of his words also mirrored the feeling of Smoker. There are still some good guys with pure heart in the Marine.

The arrival of Red-Hair pirates just add more reason to end this war.

TonyTonyChopper
March 27, 2010, 02:00 PM
Agreed with Coby's prediction, he can listen people voice like Roger, maybe he is Roger's son, Gold D. Coby...

about Shanks to help Luffy by giving him some haki training, I hope so, but I dont think it will be happen because Oda never storying about how One Piece characters train his fighting skills. One Piece is not like Naruto right, and I think it will be more interest if Luffy can learn how to use his Haki by his ownself.

superman97
March 27, 2010, 02:07 PM
Did anyone notice Bepo's thumbs up here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/10/ it kinda reminds me of chopper lol.

Superman
March 27, 2010, 02:18 PM
So great chapter. Damn Shanks has strong haki Coby falls unconcious.

El-Thor
March 27, 2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think it's time for Luffy to meet Shanks. They should meet when then two will be on equal footing. Luffy will most likely wake up with the hat next to him.

If Luffy will see anyone right after he wakes up, it's going to be Garp or the SH crew.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 03:07 PM
I don't think it's time for Luffy to meet Shanks. They should meet when then two will be on equal footing. Luffy will most likely wake up with the hat next to him.

If Luffy will see anyone right after he wakes up, it's going to be Garp or the SH crew.

why garp ?
the strawhats need to collect themselves it will take time what i think is that rayleigh will take care of luffy after he s treated by law .

Did anyone notice Bepo's thumbs up here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/10/ it kinda reminds me of chopper lol.

they are both animals
[hr]

which mod deleted my post? :mad

i think that Ichigo is the new king, since Aizen wanted to be the king.

excuse me but isnt this supposed to be here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1859525#post1859525)

so i really want to see garp back on action next really every did something and we dont get to see the hero .

chess4
March 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
as far as koby goes it most likely that he has mantra. from my understanding mantra and haki is diffrent. mantra he can hear peoples voices or inner voices or something, and predict movement. haki is what luffy has, so if coby can use mantra it will be a good upgrade fro him in the future.

i was hoping koby would get ace's flame fruit, but if he has mantra and can get better with his roikoushi(spell check), im cool with that
[hr]

luffy will meet shanks when the hats are back together. remember usopp has to meet his father 2

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 03:10 PM
as far as koby goes it most likely that he has mantra. from my understanding mantra and haki is diffrent. mantra he can hear peoples voices or inner voices or something, and predict movement. haki is what luffy has, so if coby can use mantra it will be a good upgrade fro him in the future.

i was hoping koby would get ace's flame fruit, but if he has mantra and can get better with his roikoushi(spell check), im cool with that
hearing voices does that make it mantra or a special ability like the one roger had because that would be even better than having the mera fruit .

shluffy
March 27, 2010, 03:13 PM
I'd be very interested in seeing just how it is Shanks plans on ending this war. They will most likely attempt to challenge him, or is Shanks and his crew so powerful that it would be absolutely crazy to think about challenging them right now. With the immense power of his haki, he can perceivably cause some serious damage to every single one of the marine admirals, if pushed.

He will be able to cause serious damage to every1 of the marine admirals one just with his haki alone? I thinks that's outstretched. Maybe he can, maybe he can't. Don't forget, we've only seen people faint due to Shanks haki, we've never actually seen Shanks fight.

chess4
March 27, 2010, 03:20 PM
hearing voices does that make it mantra or a special ability like the one roger had because that would be even better than having the mera fruit .

rogers probably had both haki and mantra, but we only can speculate at this point. we havent been given a clear understanding of of ahki and mantra. coby will be an admiral so he will need some type of power up.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
did guys notice how shanks was fast i mean he crossed that distance in a few instants its impressive actually so that could say that he is faster than akainu thus might be stronger .

El-Thor
March 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
why garp ?
the strawhats need to collect themselves it will take time what i think is that rayleigh will take care of luffy after he s treated by law .

I think Garp will visit Luffy because he is family. Luffy lost Ace, so I think he will want/need to see his grandpa.

Another option could be Luffy being REALLY pissed off at the marines (Garp being one of them) but I don't see Luffy holding a grudge against all of them. Perhaps Akainu, but that's about it.

chess4
March 27, 2010, 03:55 PM
did guys notice how shanks was i mean he crossed that distance in a few instants its impressive actually so that could say that he is faster than akainu thus might be stronger .

YES, shanks moved so fast. no wonder he is so feared. just his speed alone is crazy.

Adhyt
March 27, 2010, 04:36 PM
Shanks kill sakazuki who's unlikely to stop after this. Then we wont see a darker or emo luffy

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 27, 2010, 04:48 PM
Agreed with Coby's prediction, he can listen people voice like Roger, maybe he is Roger's son, Gold D. Coby...

You are probably being sarcastic, Roger died before Ace was born and Coby is much younger than Ace.

Lee-tyme7
March 27, 2010, 05:04 PM

That's a good comparison but now that make me wonder what is Bepo? There are no walking talking bear alive? but then again this is OP :p
But the human, human df was already taken by chopper so Bepo ate the Bear, Bear df??? LOL!

Bugzee
March 27, 2010, 05:31 PM
did guys notice how shanks was fast i mean he crossed that distance in a few instants its impressive actually so that could say that he is faster than akainu thus might be stronger .

Yep. It was awesome. One of the best entrances so far in OP! :XD Although, I must say that Luffy, Buggy & co's entrance (falling down from the sky with a battleship :XD) was quite epic as well! :amuse

What makes Red Hair's entrance even more cool was the fact that his ship was still sailing in towards the shores of Marineford so to say. :tem Akainu is not ready for Shanks just yet...:D

YES, shanks moved so fast. no wonder he is so feared. just his speed alone is crazy.

True. Now imagine what Shanks and Hawk's legendary fights were like! :nuts

I'm just dying to see Hawk's and Buggy's reaction to all this. :)

damane08
March 27, 2010, 05:46 PM

*facepalm*

really?

Why is everyone comparing what Coby has done to Roger's ability?
Seriously. Roger could hear the voice of "all things" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/07/)

We have nowhere enough information to say things like that. If he does have the ability that Roger had, then good for him.
Right now we know too little to make such assumptions.

WickedNeko
March 27, 2010, 05:51 PM
Roger's ability could be really upgraded / trained / developed version of mantra.

If there can be different levels / quality of haki, why not the same for other abilities like mantra?

damane08
March 27, 2010, 06:11 PM
Roger's ability could be really upgraded / trained / developed version of mantra.

If there can be different levels / quality of haki, why not the same for other abilities like mantra?

I understand what you're saying BUT we still don't know for sure that what Coby has is mantra. Everyone jumped on the "Coby has mantra" train when we still have no idea if has mantra or not.

You guys are making it seem like we know for a fact that Coby has mantra. I'm not saying he doesn't but i'm not saying he does.

superman97
March 27, 2010, 06:19 PM
I understand what you're saying BUT we still don't know for sure that what Coby has is mantra. Everyone jumped on the "Coby has mantra" train when we still have no idea if has mantra or not.

You guys are making it seem like we know for a fact that Coby has mantra. I'm not saying he doesn't but i'm not saying he does.

He would still make a pretty bad asss admiral if he has mantra and whatever devil fruit he gets... Because let's be honest if Enel (eneru) was in the Marines he would wreck havic as an admiral between his awesome fruit and mantra.

I am leaning towards to voice of all things prediction though that Coby has Rogers ability.

OunknownO
March 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
everybody says that coby has mantra.... maybe he just went schizophrenic XD

superman97
March 27, 2010, 07:06 PM
everybody says that coby has mantra.... maybe he just went schizophrenic XD

Oda has such a fine attention to detail that I doubt he chose those words by accident when Coby said he hears voices dissapearing.

kal-elh
March 27, 2010, 07:12 PM
Oda has such a fine attention to detail that I doubt he chose those words by accident when Coby said he hears voices dissapearing.

You know that that is a translation right???

Schabrak
March 27, 2010, 07:29 PM
You know that that is a translation right???

Color does not matter if you aren't a mod, and we may not use such, if we are not. Did you know that there are very experienced translators? We are talking about cnet here, it can't get much better.

I'm pretty sure that translator knew exactly what to do, has used a wise translation, compared it to the first usage of those words and that's were it ended. It's the same as used on Skypia.

red-hair himself
March 27, 2010, 07:49 PM
well its obvious luffy gets away n shanks will deff pwn akuna XD but wb the rest of the bb wb that huge guy and what not theres still the rest of shanks crew and whats left of the wb pirates id say marine ford is done for and most likely some admiral ranking character (preferably akuna) dies

White Silver King
March 27, 2010, 07:52 PM
Where does it say Mantra is the ability to read minds? Someone told me it doesn't say that anywhere so why does everyone think Mantra is the ability to read minds?

fistsofrage
March 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
Did Squardo even try to help luffy escape? Useless bastard should have died...

goldb
March 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
No. Squardo hasn't been shown since the chapter when WB stopped him on one of the things...

Super Angillis
March 27, 2010, 09:39 PM

Then they have to go through Majora. And then what about the Thousand Sunny? Remember there are only two ways into the new world, and one is not something pirates can use, and would require changing ships.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 27, 2010, 09:58 PM
Then they have to go through Majora. And then what about the Thousand Sunny? Remember there are only two ways into the new world, and one is not something pirates can use, and would require changing ships.

here we go

Zeltrax
March 27, 2010, 11:20 PM
Mantra? Seriously?
All i thought when I saw him saying :
"the voices they are disappearing in my head one by one"
I thought he meant it as a figure of speech,
as in the friends/comrades he knew are dying, and inside his mind he knows it.
cos its a war.
I mean, I thought its just his thoughts.
Ain't mantra only a skypiea thing?

caleshious
March 28, 2010, 01:47 AM
If Hancock can have the "Kings" haki, then Coby can have the "Queens" mantra ... would suit him XD

Bonfire01
March 28, 2010, 01:47 AM
*facepalm*

really?

Why is everyone comparing what Coby has done to Roger's ability?
Seriously. Roger could hear the voice of "all things" (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/507/07/)

We have nowhere enough information to say things like that. If he does have the ability that Roger had, then good for him.
Right now we know too little to make such assumptions.

I would have thought a better arguement against Coby being Rogers' son is Coby is younger than Ace and Ace was born AFTER Roger died. So pretty hard for Roger to get Coby's mum pregnant from the grave :).

As far as Roger having a super developed form of Mantra and that's why he was said to be able to hear the voice of all things.... I think it's seriously unlikely. Luffy will blatently end up being able to hear the voice of all things towards the end of the manga so it's either going to be related to the king's disposition Haki or related to the will of D.

I am leaning towards Coby having Mantra since Oda is normally very careful with how he phrases things. I just think people are getting WAY too carried away about it :).

Lee-tyme7
March 28, 2010, 02:39 AM
I would have thought a better arguement against Coby being Rogers' son is Coby is younger than Ace and Ace was born AFTER Roger died. So pretty hard for Roger to get Coby's mum pregnant from the grave :).

As far as Roger having a super developed form of Mantra and that's why he was said to be able to hear the voice of all things.... I think it's seriously unlikely. Luffy will blatently end up being able to hear the voice of all things towards the end of the manga so it's either going to be related to the king's disposition Haki or related to the will of D.

I am leaning towards Coby having Mantra since Oda is normally very careful with how he phrases things. I just think people are getting WAY too carried away about it :).

Hey, if Ace mom can held him in for 1 whole year then maybe Coby's mom can for a couple of years too. lol :p (sarcastic)

chitgoks
March 28, 2010, 02:54 AM
enies lobby destroyed
impel down destroyed
marineford destroyed

marines will be homeless if mariejoa will be destroyed too

epiczeroxxi
March 28, 2010, 03:41 AM
Does anyone think that the Whitebeard pirates will join Shanks?I remember Shanks asking Marco to join him before his meeting with Whitebeard...

msg
March 28, 2010, 03:44 AM
take a look at this

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/246/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/248/02/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/248/04/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/250/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/251/02/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/251/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/252/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/256/05/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/256/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/257/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/264/02/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/264/17/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/265/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/265/06/

So I'm guessing a "mantra" in one piece world in general is a mind-related skills or abilities such as telephaty,telekinesis, predicting,etc that uses the power of the mind.By right not left a mantra in real world is supposed to be a religious text inscribed on an object/s.You chant that "text" to gain special powers just like magical spells but you need to meditate it to "connect" an object living or non living by using your mind.Something like that on the line...
So -
mantra - Mind-related abilities
Haki - will power,ambition,self determination/0isposition ability; emotions-based ability

That means the the kuja tribe both have mantra and haki.So does Coby.The only difference between between Coby, the Kujas and the rest is the "power" level.Some of them "awakened", some of them don't.Others don't even realised they have "them".cough *Luffy* cough

just my two cents

I don't think Shanks gonna go all out attacking the marines.I'm sure he has a plan to "end" this war at least with minimal collateral damages.We'll just have to wait for the next chapter:amuse

Rosebullet Teacher
March 28, 2010, 03:58 AM
Coby has been a koid for so long its nice to hear people speak about him! But he really looks weak & not just cos of the characters hes been contrasted with - Garp Akainu Luffy - I could imagine it, but I just cant SEE Coby being a dominant guy who could protect the people he cares for. For Enel mantra was a battle thing that just happened to be excellent for surveillance, for Coby his mantra-like ability just seems like something to motivate a stronger character cos of the trauma it would bring Coby if he kept hearing people getting snuffed eg.
Helmeppo: A tough guy, this wont be easy...
Coby: Oh no! A voice just disappeared *sob*
MotivatedHelmeppo: You wont hear anymore voices disappear Coby! Ill send him flying! *asskickery*

I wonder if WhiteBeards body is still standing? That would be real!

FuS

ocajavati
March 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
Enel has incredible mantra + near invincible DF power.

Coby heard a voice or two disappearing and is still a pathetic, cowardy little midget.

Not much to him so far.

Dark Doc.
March 28, 2010, 05:00 AM
I think Garp will visit Luffy because he is family. Luffy lost Ace, so I think he will want/need to see his grandpa.

Don't think Garp will visit Luffy, he probably has to do some serious damage control and rebuilding at MH when the war is over, and maybe even get promoted when Sengoku or one of the admirals fall.

jiminy
March 28, 2010, 05:44 AM
i dont think Garp would want a promotion after this. He might even consider retiring, after whooping Sakazuki's ass I hope haha. And I dont think that if an Admiral is taken out there needs to be a replacement. There is no rule that says that there needs to be three Admirals.

I hope this war ends in about two chapters or so. Next chapter to wrap up with what Shanks has to say. And another to show the pirates leaving and the whereabouts of Law and Luffy.

The marines ended up losing this battle (in my opinion). Sure Ace is dead, and so is Whitebeard, but WB was able to relight the flame of the pirate era with what he said about One Piece. Buggy was also able to broadcast the war, showing what the marines didnt want people to see. And Luffy escaped, even though he wasnt a target in the first place. And then there is also Blackbeard and what he's done.

lelouche123
March 28, 2010, 05:58 AM
take a look at this

So I'm guessing a "mantra" in one piece world in general is a mind-related skills or abilities such as telephaty,telekinesis, predicting,etc that uses the power of the mind.By right not left a mantra in real world is supposed to be a religious text inscribed on an object/s.You chant that "text" to gain special powers just like magical spells but you need to meditate it to "connect" an object living or non living by using your mind.Something like that on the line...
So -
Haki - will power,ambition,self determination/0isposition ability; emotions-based ability

That means the the kuja tribe both have mantra and haki.So does Coby.The only difference between between Coby, the Kujas and the rest is the "power" level.Some of them "awakened", some of them don't.Others don't even realised they have "them".cough *Luffy* cough

just my two cents

I don't think Shanks gonna go all out attacking the marines.I'm sure he has a plan to "end" this war at least with minimal collateral damages.We'll just have to wait for the next chapter:amuse

i thnk tahn manta is a psiquical thng , and haki is more pysical thng ,

have we ever seen a character than can use both??

te girls of amazon lili maybe???

BurninDarkness
March 28, 2010, 06:05 AM
i cant help but wonder why is garp siding with the marines There must be a damn good reason for that.I think all the top officers in the marine know how the justice of WG is dark.Even then hes okay with it. After seeing ace die like that and luffy totally screwed b/w life and death will he still continue to support the dark justice.

goldb
March 28, 2010, 06:08 AM
We've never seen a character who can use both. The thing is I dunno whether it's the same principal but just known differently between Sky Island and The Blue Sea. The mantra seen by Enel and his priests are similar to how Marigold and Sandersonia could predict Luffy's moves.

With that said, this is kinda off topic so please take it here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53759&page=130)

Tano
March 28, 2010, 06:42 AM
So -

i do not agree.

in my opinion, mantra is just another name for a type of haki. first of all it's explained in amazon lily during the fight between rufy and the sisters.

also please look at chapter 579, page 11: there is a marine who collapses after coby's scream (typical haki reaction).

so coby has haki, and the kind of haki that eneru called mantra.

Lord Rayleigh
March 28, 2010, 06:45 AM
take a look at this

So -

Mantra is not actually the ability to read minds : mantra is the ability to listen to the sounds the body emits. It's a bit different.
That's why Eneru is able to know where the people are exactly on Skypiea island even if they don't think all the time where they are on the island. That is also why Eneru can't know what the people think and can only know how their body will move. Anyway, the mind affects the sounds the body emits, as Luffy proved it when he tried to " cancel " Eneru's mantra.

Schabrak
March 28, 2010, 06:57 AM
You have to think of the big picture. There is a simple reason for Garp not defecting right now. Garp being a marine, he is able to follow his own agenda of justice and righteousness not being handicapped by other forces, namely the marines here. He tries not getting manipulated by the upper echelon of the marine force, as hinted by in the Strong World chapter. Thus his success capturing Gol, allows him to stay impassive now. Don't forget that the marines will still chase after pirates after this war as the "good" force.
Hm what did I aim for with such lecture... The reason for why the Roger pirates are on the kill list: Just think about what Rogers invocation to all the pirates in the world has led to. It created a chaos, that threatened the peace of the world, still creating people like Luffy, 20 years after his execution. And the knowledge of the former Roger pirates must is still as menacing as ever. Revealing such information to the Revolution Army, if they don't already know, would gain them so much more momentum of support and moral. Sengoku and the rest of the marines aren't to blame for things the happened in the Void Century, they just try to stop things from getting wild again. Doesn't change the fact, that the Tenryubuto have to be taken down and the marines still being to absolute, but that's only my point of view for the reason for the hung of roger pirates and Luffy who has the same spirit as those.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 28, 2010, 07:46 AM
garp and the three admirals and sengoku they all seem to know something undesirable by the world goverenment yet they seem like they dont want to lift a finger about some of them are actually enjoying it like akainu having the position of an admiral has its consequences the WG must have brain washed them .
back on topic : i predict that next chapter shanks exchanges talk with akainu who seems fired up he then aims for coby but garp kicks him thus scores a goal .
BB somehow wants to stop and get back to take a good hold of his power .
luffy is being treated at the moment . chapter switches to dragon .

ocajavati
March 28, 2010, 08:01 AM
i do not agree.

in my opinion, mantra is just another name for a type of haki. first of all it's explained in amazon lily during the fight between rufy and the sisters.

also please look at chapter 579, page 11: there is a marine who collapses after coby's scream (typical haki reaction).

He was probably hit by an attack rather than being affected by haki.

I see blood.

beastboy
March 28, 2010, 08:28 AM
It's an error (possibly an intentional one) from the scanlation team. Compare with this one (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/579-78/13).

This war will end soon. It seems to me that to some extent Coby was using Haki, too. I mean how can he stopped the war just by screaming. We all remember Vivi's vain effort (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/209/07/) when she tried to stop the war of Arabasta. On a contrary, Coby's words did stop such an intensive battle. They worked almost the same as Luffy's. The truth of his words also mirrored the feeling of Smoker. There are still some good guys with pure heart in the Marine.

The arrival of Red-Hair pirates just add more reason to end this war.

Coby didn't stop the war..
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/11
There are lots of marines and pirates fighting

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/12/
The surrounding people stopped to see who in hell stopped a marine admiral

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/13/
BB notices, but it is shown that there are still lots of fights happening, and only when the speech is half done, Garp notices that Coby is in front of Akainu.

So he didn't stop the war...
He stopped some pirates, surrounding the area (the ones who would get killed if he didn't intervene) and Kizaru, who wanted to know who was the guy screaming right next to him...
He changed the corse of the world, because if he didn't have stopped Akainu and Kizaru, Luffy and Law would be dead and Akainu would have exterminated all of the pirates...

So Coby is a hero, but he has not a single bit of haoshoku haki...
I mean, why would a loser who gets on a pirate boat by mistake would have the strongest haki...
He is simply a person who realized that is important to fight for ones dreams.

He is afraid of death but he faces his fears and screams in front of Akainu... in reality its much more difficult for him to stand in front of the magma brat, than for Luffy is to evade Impel Down...

So Coby should be awarded the bravest guy of the one piece world :3 (after Usopp).

About that shit of voices disappearing one by one...
I don't know what that means, but we will know in no time!!

"Love Cook" Sanji
March 28, 2010, 09:05 AM
i do not agree.

if you all go read wikipedia from one piece, them said that haki is your mental preparation in relationship with the mind of your enemy! if you are better prepare than your enemy will collapse from your a haki unless if you have a miminum of mental strength! that was said when shanks go in wb ship! I think that Coby was the haoushoku because everybody stop when he said " that enough"! look at reaction of garp and the other marines, they are suprise by Coby!

Sorry the bad english

sage mode
March 28, 2010, 09:12 AM
It was only surprising because a marine say such things

BurninDarkness
March 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
wat is the purpose for shanks to enter the war
->did he come to save luffy
->did he come to save the wb pirates or
i cant think of y he would want to end this war (wats in it for him)

sindergi
March 28, 2010, 09:26 AM

I think one reason was to save Luffy......remember when he said to Coby that he has made a huge difference in the fate of the world with his courage.
And the only thing that Coby changed with his talk was that Kizaru killing Luffy on Law´s ship............so i think one reason for shanks to come to this war was to save Luffy.
Shanks probably knew that Luffy will come to marineford to rescue his brother - and yes i think shanks knew that Ace and Luffy are brothers for a long time.

But I dont think that this was the only reason........

goldb
March 28, 2010, 09:29 AM

Don't worry you're not the first to ask that question. His appearance at Marineford was completly left field; came outta nowhere. I think(as someone here on the forum said) he's here to help the WB pirates and alliance escape per WB's request of to do so in case something happened to him(WB).

He's just wants to stop the bloodshed from going any further imo...

beastboy
March 28, 2010, 09:31 AM
^
^
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/552/07/
Yes, he knew Luffy had a brother..
But I don't think he came here for Luffy... he came here to stop the killing, other wise there wouldn't be any one to tell the story in the end of the war... And that wouldn't be good..
With no marines who would protect people from evil pirates!
Not having WB is bad enough... so lets at least protect his sons...

hy4k
March 28, 2010, 10:30 AM
shanks was on relatively good terms with whitebeard, but i doubt he be willing to aid him if he didn't think luffy was coming

i think his main purpose was to ensure luffy's safety. he probably wanted to be there from the staart but got held up by kaidou's shenanigans

sindergi
March 28, 2010, 10:46 AM
SOMEBODY ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTION!!!

Gan Fall talking about Mantra.

First use of Mantra

superman97
March 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
shanks was on relatively good terms with whitebeard, but i doubt he be willing to aid him if he didn't think luffy was coming

i think his main purpose was to ensure luffy's safety. he probably wanted to be there from the staart but got held up by kaidou's shenanigans

I agree. We all know Shanks bet his arm on a 'new age' and he probably believes Luffy and his crew are the pirates Roger was waiting for. Also the first panel showed after Shanks said the fate of the world has been changed is Luffy getting away http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/14-15/

deffkryz
March 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
SOMEBODY ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTION!!!

I guess they mix it up with Enel's "mantra" - in the German version of the anime they made him read "thought patterns" due to his combined DF powers and his mantra (here's the scene in the manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/278/02/)). I don't know if all of them know the German anime, though...

Mantra is something similar to reading mind... It's not only having a great sense of hearing - it's like the haki usage the Boa sisters showed. In a fight it's a prediction on how the opponents move (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/246/17/). Some may want to sum that up as "reading the opponents' minds"...

White Silver King
March 28, 2010, 11:00 AM
Mantra is something similar to reading mind... It's not only having a great sense of hearing - it's like the haki usage the Boa sisters showed. In a fight it's a prediction on how the opponents move. Some may want to sum that up as "reading the opponents' minds"...

But that's completely inaccurate. In the MANGA (the cannon source of information, not a most likely mistranslated episode of a single countries anime) it is only the ability to read the sounds a body makes and used in fights to predict an opponents moves. Some are born with a naturally longer range (Aisa) and some have extended their range through other means (Enel), but even though they have longer ranges doesn't mean they can read minds.

deffkryz
March 28, 2010, 11:08 AM
BTW, I'm not one them. ;)

But that's completely inaccurate. In the MANGA (the cannon source of information, not a most likely mistranslated episode of a single countries anime) it is only the ability to read the sounds a body makes and used in fights to predict an opponents moves. Some are born with a naturally longer range (Aisa) and some have extended their range through other means (Enel), but even though they have longer ranges doesn't mean they can read minds.

I know what you mean and couldn't agree more, but it's the same as with the "this is going to be Luffy's last adventure as 17y old" and "Dragon Ball AF DOES exist as official continuition of GT!!!!!1"... I've "heard from someone"/"read an interview"/"read it in that scan"... No offense to all translators but we all know about language barriers and "fans" that believe the smallest rumor and biggest translation and scanlation errors. (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/570-25/3)

falco_dergento
March 28, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think the reason shanks came is not only for Luffy. Remember when shanks approached whitebeard and asked him to pull Ace back from blackbeard? so i think from the beginning he does have some stake in the whole rescue-ace-plan. mybe the reason he was so late to come because he had to fight another yonkou (it was mentioned very briefly at the beginning of impel down arc)

on coby haki, i really want to believe that he indedd has some sort of haki power (certaintly not as strong as luffy). i mean, who couldn't love the guy? :p what has been bothering me is how the hell garp and blackbeard who were fighting can hear coby scream?? i mean with all the people fighting and them very far from coby..

my prediction is shanks will defeat akainu, garp & sengoku and other marines beats the hell out of blackbeard. these two major event will then put some sense on both the marine and blackbeard to stop the war.

but seriously, i can't figure out the best way to have the SH back if not in this war! i mean, do they just come to shanbody after the war ended and each will go like 'heey, how are you doing! luffy are you okay? we heard so much about you! oh, check my new ability out!'. it will be so lame that way :(

Lord Rayleigh
March 28, 2010, 11:27 AM
The mantra users don't read minds as they don't know what you think/feel : they can only predict what your body will do. What we know is that the mind makes sounds (through the body) and that the mantra is the art that allows somebody to listen to those sounds.

I'd say these sounds are the nerve impulses the brain sends all over the body to make it move. And the mantra is the technic that somehow makes you able to listen to nerve impulses.

It fits the scene where Eneru could not predict Luffy's punches when he did his Gomu Gomu no Tako Hanabi : Luffy was hitting a gold thing and his fists bounced everywhere and hit Eneru. So, it was not that the body did not emit sounds anymore : it was that the only sounds Eneru could listen to were the nerve impulses that made the fists hit the gold thing.
So when voices disappear, it means that there is no longer any nerve impulse to move the body (K.O. or dead).

Dark Doc.
March 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
i dont think Garp would want a promotion after this. He might even consider retiring, after whooping Sakazuki's ass I hope haha. And I dont think that if an Admiral is taken out there needs to be a replacement. There is no rule that says that there needs to be three Admirals.

No there is no rule indeed, but I think it's important to maintain the balance of the 3 powers in the world. The admirals the greatest trumph card the marines have to offer (so far we didn't see the true strenght of Garp or Sengoku).
You're right about the promotion thing I guess, but maybe he sees it as an opportunity to guide the marines away from the crazy absolute justice. (plus, Fleet-Admiral Garp sounds awesome:wtf)

totally support the ass kicking part btw ;)

falco_dergento
March 28, 2010, 12:04 PM
regarding mantra look at his page: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/281/14/

Nami explicitly said that mantra works by reading people mind. will u say it was a translation mistake again? or will you say that nami got it wrong? seriously people, read again the whole skypie arc, the ability of mantra is to hear people 'voice' (ie their mind).

Akasunanosasori
March 28, 2010, 12:47 PM
He is the man !!!!
I want to see him beating the living crap out of akainu.

BurninDarkness
March 28, 2010, 12:49 PM
i cant wait to see what happens when bb uses korozou on sengoku

White Silver King
March 28, 2010, 01:13 PM
Nami explicitly said that mantra works by reading people mind. will u say it was a translation mistake again? or will you say that nami got it wrong? seriously people, read again the whole skypie arc, the ability of mantra is to hear people 'voice' (ie their mind).

What would Nami know about Mantra? Especially when Gan Fall who according to the translation your so sure is 100% correct says he is a user of mantra (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/257/07/) says it is not the ability to read minds along with the WIKI and Enel (by the definition of his words).

panasit
March 28, 2010, 01:44 PM
I must say Buggy is really cool this chapter. I love the way he hesitate before handing Jinbei and Luffy over to Law.

I'm very excited about meeting the Shank's crew. I mean we've met them before, but it will be fun to know who they are and their abilities then re-read back in the first chapter. I like how Ben Beckman can point a gun at Kizaru and this stops him.

red-hair himself
March 28, 2010, 02:13 PM
well ya the guy must have light speed shooting to get kizaru to stop

Dragon Slayer
March 28, 2010, 02:54 PM
And sea-stone bullets or long distance haki.

dont know but i juzt cant wait to c this crew kick zome azz. man i cant wait at all. i'm juzt curiouz about SHANKS powers. he muzt and haz to b quite ztrong.

Mangafan2
March 28, 2010, 03:05 PM
Ben is supposed to be very intelligent, so maybe because of his intelligence he can control his haki very well and have long dinstance haki bullets or something.
But that might be overdoing that haki stuff.

Maybe he has a kick ass devil fruit.

Duc :D
March 28, 2010, 03:09 PM
why does he need "long distance haki"? If thats the key every soldier of amaon lily could defeat kizaru....with their haki imfused arrows.

White Silver King
March 28, 2010, 03:16 PM
why does he need "long distance haki"? If thats the key every soldier of amaon lily could defeat kizaru....with their haki imfused arrows.

Because the only kind of haki we've seen that can make a logia solid is when a haki user made direct contact with them. We've never seen long-distance logia solidifying with haki. And the Amaon Lily soldiers/pirates would be much to slow, it's safe to assume Beckman is much faster than any of them with his projectiles.

jiminy
March 28, 2010, 03:25 PM
regarding mantra look at his page: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/281/14/

How I see it is that, instead of the ability to read the mind, it is more like the ability to read the body really well. And since you are able to read the body really well, you can predict the persons next movement. And along with reading the body really well, the body of a living person also gives off a vibe or breath (kind of like how Zoro explained that there is breath in all things right before he cut Das the Assassin), and this is the voice that people with mantra say they hear.

Now if Enel had mantra (with the ability to read the mind) then wouldn't he have known that Nami was just saying those things to get on his ship to stay alive?

I really think that mantra is just a subform of Haki, it is just like the predicting abilities that one of Boa's sister has. And just like the Kuja, the citizens of Skypeia (or sky islands to be exact) may all have mantra, but it is just not developed because they dont know about it and are all not warriors. Of course this is speculation, and we wont know for sure until Oda explains it

Sawako-Chan
March 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
I think that there's a level for haki also...like strengh ...wel who knows...anyway...1 thing for sure...if Shanks don't kick Akainu ass garp will and if garp don't i betting Sengoku to kick some asses.. and bet coby will gain a promotion ;D

Anyway...Shanks seems rather calm for someone who just crash into a war... maybe he has somethink up in his sleeve...remember that he also hate BB

WickedNeko
March 28, 2010, 03:54 PM

That's true... assuming that amazon lily soldier's haki were strong enough. Logia users seems to be able to develop resistance to damage from haki. Remember when Viz sliced Akainu's shoulder with haki infused sword? Akainu didn't take damage from that, and "wound" disappeared like it would after any non-haki based attack.

Kaos-Sensei
March 28, 2010, 03:56 PM
i cant wait hopefully we will get to see shanks fighting....does shanks have a df by the way i know when he saved luffy he didnt but who knows maybe Oda gave him one later on and shanks could be a.......Red haird lionman..and cant wait to see buggies reaction to shanks...maybe shanks can get us to see the real buggy in a fight the one who was on gold rogers ship with his knives out :)

Bugzee
March 28, 2010, 04:09 PM
Anyway...Shanks seems rather calm for someone who just crash into a war... maybe he has somethink up in his sleeve...remember that he also hate BB

True. He pretty much has his eyes set on ending this war asap before it escalates any further than it already has :crying. Can I see the WG coming to an agreement with Shanks to end this war? Nope. I can't see it lol. IMO, the marines should focus more on the BB pirates lol but like hell that will happen with the sudden bloodthirst of Akainu & co re-emerging... xD

I just hope Shanks knows what his doing in order to successfully end this war ;) before we witness more unnecessary casualties (on the pirates side minus BB & co, f**k the marines lol). It'll be interesting to see if BB & Shanks exchange any words at all...:)

frontaLobotomy
March 28, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking that powerful Haki enables you to move super fast, like when Rayleigh intercepted Kizaru, and Whitebeard managing a sneak attack on Akainu. It must have been what enabled Shanks to mvoe so quickly from his boat to the bay to save Coby. That's a pretty awesome power if that's the case, if Luffy can stack it with Gear Second..
I'm not entierly certain Shanks will want to go all out on the Marines, fight Admirals and such. His presence if anything should force a stalemate, particularly as Teach is still tearing it up in Marineford and there are still many Whitebeard Pirates alive. I wonder what's going on with Jozu right now, even with one arm he'd still be an asset to them.

kangclaw
March 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
We do not know much about haki. We do know that users of haki are able to many things.
From what we know so far Haki is not something that one can gain resistance. When in Kuja Island, Luffy was still rubber, but still he was hurt even while he was rubber?
I don't think anyone has developed a resistance to haki and certainly not Akainu. We know that he was hurt when Vista and Marco attacked him with haki (based on the translation and how he recognized it), and they only used on slice move each. Their was not any fight in this war that has been a full on one-to-one fight, no had time for it. We know from the translation that it hurt him and not tickled Akainu.

woduhuk
March 28, 2010, 04:38 PM
hehe considering shanks only has one arm... i wonder why no one thought of attacking him when he was picking up the strawhat = D

know what would be cool? if shanks got hold of vegapunk and made him craft a kickass cyborg arm for him!

Bugzee
March 28, 2010, 05:36 PM
hehe considering shanks only has one arm... i wonder why no one thought of attacking him when he was picking up the strawhat = D

Would you dare to attack the Red Hair Emperor?! :shakefist

Haki doesn't just recide within his one arm lol. He could easily use a haki burst to KO the average pirate on the battlefield right now imo. Plus, Shanks picking up and reuniting with the Straw Hat :D (after 10+ years) was a legendary moment...:noworry All those around him at the time had to pay their respects...:p

know what would be cool? if shanks got hold of vegapunk and made him craft a kickass cyborg arm for him!

I like Shanks's character the way it is atm, thank you. :amuse

Black Lagoon
March 28, 2010, 06:22 PM
I wonder if the Marines value lives so much, why do they have no medical unit on stand by for a war like this? Even WB brought along doctors. :oh

JetPistol
March 28, 2010, 06:39 PM
I'm starting to get the hint that Kizaru isn't as bad as he would seem. He let the pirates get away back in S.A. even though he seemed to be aggressive in his pursuit. In the war all hes done is play around, he definitely let Luffy get into the submarine too easily. Somethings definitely not right with Kizaru lol

chitgoks
March 28, 2010, 07:04 PM
True. He pretty much has his eyes set on ending this war asap before it escalates any further than it already has :crying. Can I see the WG coming to an agreement with Shanks to end this war? Nope. I can't see it lol. IMO, the marines should focus more on the BB pirates lol but like hell that will happen with the sudden bloodthirst of Akainu & co re-emerging... xD

I just hope Shanks knows what his doing in order to successfully end this war ;) before we witness more unnecessary casualties (on the pirates side minus BB & co, f**k the marines lol). It'll be interesting to see if BB & Shanks exchange any words at all...:)

actually, the way i see it, that was some serious look shanks showed us.
[hr]

I'm thinking that powerful Haki enables you to move super fast, like when Rayleigh intercepted Kizaru, and Whitebeard managing a sneak attack on Akainu. It must have been what enabled Shanks to mvoe so quickly from his boat to the bay to save Coby. That's a pretty awesome power if that's the case, if Luffy can stack it with Gear Second..
I'm not entierly certain Shanks will want to go all out on the Marines, fight Admirals and such. His presence if anything should force a stalemate, particularly as Teach is still tearing it up in Marineford and there are still many Whitebeard Pirates alive. I wonder what's going on with Jozu right now, even with one arm he'd still be an asset to them.

im sure shanks will go all out. just because he appeared now doesnt mean that the marines will just let him command them or anything. akainu will surely attempt to make a move on him... would be great to see some shanks fight scenes.

but the last page of last chapter said finale ... i hope it won't be the last yet. it would definitely be great to see akainu get blasted before the war ends
[hr]

I think the reason shanks came is not only for Luffy. Remember when shanks approached whitebeard and asked him to pull Ace back from blackbeard? so i think from the beginning he does have some stake in the whole rescue-ace-plan. mybe the reason he was so late to come because he had to fight another yonkou (it was mentioned very briefly at the beginning of impel down arc)

on coby haki, i really want to believe that he indedd has some sort of haki power (certaintly not as strong as luffy). i mean, who couldn't love the guy? :p what has been bothering me is how the hell garp and blackbeard who were fighting can hear coby scream?? i mean with all the people fighting and them very far from coby..

my prediction is shanks will defeat akainu, garp & sengoku and other marines beats the hell out of blackbeard. these two major event will then put some sense on both the marine and blackbeard to stop the war.

but seriously, i can't figure out the best way to have the SH back if not in this war! i mean, do they just come to shanbody after the war ended and each will go like 'heey, how are you doing! luffy are you okay? we heard so much about you! oh, check my new ability out!'. it will be so lame that way :(

people have been hearing everybody even when they're not screaming. you'd think everybody and even sengoku heard jinbei's saying he's through being a shichibukai when he was asked if allied with WB was his answer? ;)

so i did not push much emphasis on that. you'd really need a speaker or a bull horn to let everybody hear you. even luffy shouting to ace ... impossible it could reach him at that distance. but... this is anime he he he

hy4k
March 28, 2010, 07:24 PM
hmm...

apparently there's going to be a break after the next chapter. i'm assuming then that everything's going to be wrapped up

it'd be a hell of a cliffhanger if it wasn't

HikaruYami
March 28, 2010, 08:04 PM
hmm...

apparently there's going to be a break after the next chapter. i'm assuming then that everything's going to be wrapped up

Have you forgotten the LAST break?

That was also one HELL of a cliffhanger. In fact, the fact that we didn't get "one HELL of a cliffhanger" after last week's chapter makes me wonder just how much more intense it will get this week, such that the cliffhanger will be even MORE intense than if the break had been this week O.o

Kaos-Sensei
March 28, 2010, 08:47 PM
hmm...

omg another break...say it aint so....if there is a break i think this week chap will end with shanks doin something epic...hopefully killin akainu...i hate that guy

Zoro #1
March 28, 2010, 08:51 PM
That's true... assuming that amazon lily soldier's haki were strong enough. Logia users seems to be able to develop resistance to damage from haki. Remember when Viz sliced Akainu's shoulder with haki infused sword? Akainu didn't take damage from that, and "wound" disappeared like it would after any non-haki based attack.

i think it depends on the level of haki a person posses i think that the main members of shanks crew posses haki the caliber of the dark king.

HikaruYami
March 28, 2010, 09:22 PM
i think it depends on the level of haki a person posses i think that the main members of shanks crew posses haki the caliber of the dark king.

Woah woah woah, I think you're underestimating Rayleigh a little! People don't fall below their prime until they die in One Piece (most of the time), and Rayleigh was 2nd in command to the strongest pirate in the world! I would say Rayleigh was only a half-step below Roger and Whitebeard. Shanks is probably in between their 2 levels now that he is in his prime, but I honestly bet that his strongest crew member is still a little weaker than Rayleigh himself.

chitgoks
March 28, 2010, 09:45 PM
omg another break...say it aint so....if there is a break i think this week chap will end with shanks doin something epic...hopefully killin akainu...i hate that guy

if there will be indeed a break, i hope we won't be getting few pages again.

hy4k
March 28, 2010, 10:00 PM
Have you forgotten the LAST break?

That was also one HELL of a cliffhanger. In fact, the fact that we didn't get "one HELL of a cliffhanger" after last week's chapter makes me wonder just how much more intense it will get this week, such that the cliffhanger will be even MORE intense than if the break had been this week O.o

oh god i hope not

give me some closure man. this arc has been too intense, i cant take any more

superman97
March 28, 2010, 10:30 PM
Woah woah woah, I think you're underestimating Rayleigh a little! People don't fall below their prime until they die in One Piece (most of the time), and Rayleigh was 2nd in command to the strongest pirate in the world! I would say Rayleigh was only a half-step below Roger and Whitebeard. Shanks is probably in between their 2 levels now that he is in his prime, but I honestly bet that his strongest crew member is still a little weaker than Rayleigh himself.

I can't agree more with these comparisons... which is why I shake my head when people say Mihawk can defeat Shanks. Shanks ranks as one of the strongest pirates in the world, which is above an admiral. He is the first person we have seen to actually make Akainu look nervous.

ocajavati
March 28, 2010, 11:19 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned.

Another commander from WB went down... Damn Akainu.

panasit
March 28, 2010, 11:39 PM
Well this commander wasn't pierced through like Ace, so there's still hope.

Something struck me as odd about Kizaru. At first I thought the whole, not shooting Ace and instead shooting at the key thing, and how he always miss vital point of his enemy was just Kizaru wanting to either a) capture the pirate alive or b) let them die in proper ceremony. But now when I see him shooting laser that clearly aim to miss Buggy. I'm starting to question. Why does Kizaru always miss his enemies?

He certainly is not a compassionate person. He almost kill Zorro. But may be there's something more to him? It's like he doesn't want to kill.

KnuckleheadedNinja
March 29, 2010, 12:04 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned.

Another commander from WB went down... Damn Akainu.

I'm sorry to say this, but WB pirate commanders have been a huge disappointment in this war. There performance is unimpressive.

I just hope Shanks' top dogs(Beckman, Lucky Roo, etc) put up a better show.

KaoruArimi
March 29, 2010, 12:27 AM
Well this commander wasn't pierced through like Ace, so there's still hope.

Something struck me as odd about Kizaru. At first I thought the whole, not shooting Ace and instead shooting at the key thing, and how he always miss vital point of his enemy was just Kizaru wanting to either a) capture the pirate alive or b) let them die in proper ceremony. But now when I see him shooting laser that clearly aim to miss Buggy. I'm starting to question. Why does Kizaru always miss his enemies?

He certainly is not a compassionate person. He almost kill Zorro. But may be there's something more to him? It's like he doesn't want to kill.

i don't think shooting ace with light will kill him... like smoke and fire... also if he shoots luffy but leaves the key it will only give someone else an opportunity to free ace. So shooting the key was the right choice I think at the time.

and as powerful as Kizaru's ability ... no one said he was a sharp shooter. sharp shooting could just be one of Kizaru's flaws. I mean all the devil fruits have a weakness. Like luffy is weak to blades and heat. Kizaru maybe can't aim for sh*t o_O. Who knows :) Light can also be deflected easily ... kay now I'm getting way too techical. I'm gonna stick with the original idea that he can't aim for beans.

I'm very curious other than haki what else can shanks can do. I suppose he's a great swordsman as well. but what makes him so powerful. Also seems like some of the most powerful peeps don't have a devil fruit like Shanks, Roger, Raleigh. .... or at least I haven't heard anything about them having a devil fruit

honest_hypocrite
March 29, 2010, 12:54 AM
Damn. Shanks just badassed an entrance, not unlike what Hiko Seijuro pulled off in Kenshin. Whenever you just pop in out of nowhere and announce calmly that the fighting is over LOL.

Anyone think Luffy will react at all to Shanks voice? He's supposed to be seriously injured. I just thought it would kick ass if that made Luffy snap out of it, and he started spamming haki blasts... maybe not.

WIzarDE
March 29, 2010, 01:34 AM
i don't think shooting ace with light will kill him... like smoke and fire... also if he shoots luffy but leaves the key it will only give someone else an opportunity to free ace. So shooting the key was the right choice I think at the time.

and as powerful as Kizaru's ability ... no one said he was a sharp shooter. sharp shooting could just be one of Kizaru's flaws. I mean all the devil fruits have a weakness. Like luffy is weak to blades and heat. Kizaru maybe can't aim for sh*t o_O. Who knows :) Light can also be deflected easily ... kay now I'm getting way too techical. I'm gonna stick with the original idea that he can't aim for beans.

I'm very curious other than haki what else can shanks can do. I suppose he's a great swordsman as well. but what makes him so powerful. Also seems like some of the most powerful peeps don't have a devil fruit like Shanks, Roger, Raleigh. .... or at least I haven't heard anything about them having a devil fruit

You’re saying that his aim sucks yet he managed to hit the key on luffys hand from a big distance. Plus the fact that the only threat on the platform that he knew of was luffy so as I see it luffys head is way bigger than that key...

Dark Doc.
March 29, 2010, 02:15 AM

Ace was wearing some seastone chains I guess, so it would kill him. Otherwise the 2 marines who should've executed him with their blades should have had haki and I seriously doubt that the way they were knocked out that easily, plus if it wasn't seastone ace could turn into fire before the execution and just tried to escape. ;)

chitgoks
March 29, 2010, 02:39 AM
You’re saying that his aim sucks yet he managed to hit the key on luffys hand from a big distance. Plus the fact that the only threat on the platform that he knew of was luffy so as I see it luffys head is way bigger than that key...

i think kizaru is not a bad shooter. he was able to hit luffy's key because luffy was slowly moving it towards the keyslot whereas buggy was flying and i dont think he was flying as slow as when luffy was going to unlock ace's cuffs.

gesgift
March 29, 2010, 02:45 AM
i think kizaru is not a bad shooter. he was able to hit luffy's key because luffy was slowly moving it towards the keyslot whereas buggy was flying and i dont think he was flying as slow as when luffy was going to unlock ace's cuffs.

It's not that when one can move at the speed of light, one can also think at the speed of light.

And Kizaru seems the rather more slow thinker here. Or at least pretending it...

Bonfire01
March 29, 2010, 03:27 AM
I can see what people are getting at when they say Kizaru might not be interested in killing pirates off altogether as a general rule.

Just thinking of the way he didn't bother finishing off some of the rookies on SA just because Sentamaru got through to him on his snail phone even though he was just about to finish hawkins off makes you think he's nothing like Akainu.

As far as him being prepoared to kill off Zoro... that seems a bit different because he was sent there to eliminate the straw hats. So it might be the case that he'll only kill people when he's forced to as opposed to Akainu who's willing to kill anyone if it thinks it might even slightly help his personal brand of justice.

It does seem a better explanation for Kizaru missing Buggy when he can hit a little key.... On the other hand maybe he's really accurate at shorter ranges then a cruddy aim at longer distances? Perhaps he needs a new glasses prescription :)

s4suke uchiha
March 29, 2010, 03:28 AM
I think if just Shanks will not to be enough to stop this war. Let's wait for the spoiler as proof :amuse

Bonfire01
March 29, 2010, 03:34 AM
I think if just Shanks will not to be enough to stop this war. Let's wait for the spoiler as proof :amuse

I suppose it depends on whether you tihnk the 4 emperors are similar in power to each other. Unless WB had a lot more power than any of the others, you should assume Shanks plus his crew is similar in power to WB plus his crew. If that isn't the case then you would think that only WB would be considered as a emperor of the sea and Shanks plus the other 2 wouldn't be considered at the same level

Since the marines no longer have all their surprise tactics up their sleeve AND BB is there AND there are still WB pirates about including some of the commanders AND the marines must be getting tired. So by that logic Shanks arriving should be plenty to stop the war...

Jadedmariner
March 29, 2010, 04:22 AM
What I want to know is why the Red-haired pirates seem so unscathed since they supposedly had to fight Kaidou's pirates on the way to this battle.

Bonfire01
March 29, 2010, 04:44 AM
What I want to know is why the Red-haired pirates seem so unscathed since they supposedly had to fight Kaidou's pirates on the way to this battle.

They might have only had a skirmish. If Kaidou wanted to kill WB while he was otherwise engaged I reckon Shanks and his crew just turning up and saying they wouldn't let him would be enough for him to figure it's not a good plan any more and get back to doing whatever it is he normally does.

sindergi
March 29, 2010, 04:47 AM

I still think that Shanks and Kaidou didnt had a fight - but they made an agreement. And I think this agreement has something to do with Shanks plan to end this war. Maybe Kaidou will show up at Marineford too.

deffkryz
March 29, 2010, 05:00 AM
Prediction: I kinda hope for nothing but a revelation on what actually happened at the end of that "fight" Whitebeard vs. Shanks - just to prolong the cliffhanger.

ElKid
March 29, 2010, 05:15 AM
Benn was badass imo , i foresee next chapter we'll see Shank's crew holding off the marines to let the WB pirates escape. Perhaps we'll see some good action.

ZenoArmani
March 29, 2010, 07:08 AM
I suppose it depends on whether you tihnk the 4 emperors are similar in power to each other. Unless WB had a lot more power than any of the others, you should assume Shanks plus his crew is similar in power to WB plus his crew. If that isn't the case then you would think that only WB would be considered as a emperor of the sea and Shanks plus the other 2 wouldn't be considered at the same level

Since the marines no longer have all their surprise tactics up their sleeve AND BB is there AND there are still WB pirates about including some of the commanders AND the marines must be getting tired. So by that logic Shanks arriving should be plenty to stop the war...
If it was just about stopping the Marines, sure. BB's crew and Shanks crew are each probably of comparative strength to WB and all his commanders combined, and the WB's aren't even completely out yet. The marines are completely outgunned. The crutch is that Blackbeard is on his own side and even worse than the worst marine officers, who at least have some (limited and incredibly ruthless) sense of right and wrong.

happy GIN smily
March 29, 2010, 07:39 AM
anyway the WB pirates are fallen. wether they escape or not doesnt matter. they lost their captain and one of their strongest fighters.
and all remaining commanders are just pussys. we saw that during this war. good in posing for grouppictures but nothing more.

vagabond87
March 29, 2010, 08:01 AM
I still think that Shanks and Kaidou didnt had a fight - but they made an agreement. And I think this agreement has something to do with Shanks plan to end this war. Maybe Kaidou will show up at Marineford too.

Maby Shanks will say to marines if they want to fight him and his crew that if he wont return soon from Marineford to New World it will be sign for Kaidou to wipe out what will be left of Marineford after fight with 2 Yonkous :darn

Amazeroth
March 29, 2010, 08:13 AM
and all remaining commanders are just pussys. we saw that during this war. good in posing for grouppictures but nothing more.
Well, that's just not true. They get beaten up by one of the strongest mofos in One Piece. Akainu proofed, how strong he is, so it's not a shame to get crushed by him.

ocajavati
March 29, 2010, 08:28 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but WB pirate commanders have been a huge disappointment in this war. There performance is unimpressive.

I just hope Shanks' top dogs(Beckman, Lucky Roo, etc) put up a better show.

I would say each commander is still more than a match for Luffy and co.

Probably able to match some shichibukai. I'm not exactly satisfied with how Vista was able to match Mihawk, but couldn't do much against Akainu.

goldb
March 29, 2010, 08:56 AM
I would say each commander is still more than a match for Luffy and co.

Probably able to match some shichibukai. I'm not exactly satisfied with how Vista was able to match Mihawk, but couldn't do much against Akainu.

Firstly I don't think all of WB commanders are stronger than Luffy. At his current level of strength, Luffy is strong enough to be a commander in WB's division, I reckon he's stronger than Curiel(10th), but we don't really know the strength and abilities of the commanders(nor their names :rant).

And you're not satisfied? what did you expect to happen, for Mihawk to dispatch of him with one striker? he's the 5th division captain hmmmkay? the fact that Mihawk knows of him means he's not to be under-estimated, plus he's a haki user too.

Second thing, after all we've seen of Akainu from this war, don't compare him with a shichibukai. Akainu is an Admiral, he took off half of WB's face( though he was already severly wounded from Squardo and Akainu magma punch through the chest, killed Ace, burnt Curiel to a crisp, had to be stopped from chasing after Luffy by like all of the commanders, I think you'll see that that's more than enough reason why Vista couldn't handle him. I don't know if there's a single shichibukai who could beat Akainu in a fight...

kangclaw
March 29, 2010, 08:57 AM
Well, that's just not true. They get beaten up by one of the strongest mofos in One Piece. Akainu proofed, how strong he is, so it's not a shame to get crushed by him.

I don't think they are weak even against some one like Akainu, but, I am disappointed at how bad their performance was in this war.

shouryuujo
March 29, 2010, 09:07 AM
is there one piece this week? from rawparadise it says one piece missing this/next issue?

Akainu
March 29, 2010, 09:10 AM
next issue it will be missing, this week will be just as normal as any other week;

gesgift
March 29, 2010, 10:26 AM
next issue it will be missing, this week will be just as normal as any other week;

I'ld wish there was a 'shanks' button instead of a 'thanks' button...

I think Shanks will trie to stop this war, but I doubt is BB wil stop, 'cause Shanks is probably also one of his targets. And his companions aren't level6 prisoners for nothing (probably)...

Spike Spiegel
March 29, 2010, 11:56 AM
I think the top crewmembers from the red haired pirates are a lot stronger than the commanders of whitebeard and guys like shanks and beckman can easily handle an admiral maybe even yasopp and lucky roo can do something like that, too. I think shanks is not as strong as whitebeard, but he is in his prime and doesn't have any illness..he is probably as strong as a younger rayleigh and has the same fighting style(haki,sword and his feet x] ) but I guess it was hinted that rayleigh has a devil fruit power...and yeah benn beckman is just too awesomely awesome ^^.....hopefully the war ends very fast now.....

Fox666
March 29, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hmm, Blackbeard is a real thread, and he is also Shanks enemy. This won't go exactly a "all pirates x marine"

Akainu
March 29, 2010, 12:15 PM
Since Shanks came to end the war, I don't think that there will be much fighting, if at all.
Yes, I know, again not seeing what Shanks crew can do is a little frustrating, but personally I'd like to see them fight properly and not at the end of a more or less finished arc!

Also something that occured to me jsut now: Shanks interfering safed Luffy and Coby already, but a rather ironic coincidence: if he ends the war like that, BB is likely to get away - if he didn't already sneak out of MF with the commotion Coby has caused and Shanks continued;

SenninSage
March 29, 2010, 12:24 PM
Ahh, I get it, I know what Shanks will do to end this war; He's going to raise his Haki to some pretty insane levels and direct it in all the marine's direction -- causing a large majority of the battle combatants to pass out.

It may not cause Admirals to pass out, but it may present issues for them where they aren't immediately capable of taking advantage of their Devil's Fruit Abilities.

dymloes
March 29, 2010, 12:52 PM
i wonder what happen with coby next.. maybe he will be fired....

papeles
March 29, 2010, 01:05 PM
Im guessing that Akainu will die by the hands of Shanks.
BB is going to have to escape in the midle of the madness. Even whitebeard saw his weak point very fast (even tho now he has wb power). Keeping himself there will kill him.
Also, we didn't see Garp in action and we did see Sengoku. So he wiill probably fight some1 :D .

SenninSage
March 29, 2010, 01:14 PM
Im guessing that Akainu will die by the hands of Shanks.
BB is going to have to escape in the midle of the madness. Even whitebeard saw his weak point very fast (even tho now he has wb power). Keeping himself there will kill him.
Also, we didn't see Garp in action and we did see Sengoku. So he wiill probably fight some1 :D .

We already saw Garp in action and Luffy was much too powerful for him; he took him out with a single punch.

Sarcasm

Yans86
March 29, 2010, 01:15 PM
As I see it the marines have only to evacuate marineford.
They can't fight Shanks as well as they can't beat BB without major loss on their part and while trying to kill wb's crew.
I don't think Shanks want to fight and seeing the situation I'm expecting SenGoku to give some order to make everyone abandon the island.

In the best case for us readers I expect the marines to leave to Mariejoa for a certain time thought :-P

I one last thing to note....NO ONE SHOULD EXPECT BB TO ESCAPE...HE WANTS TO DESTROY MARINEFORD AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF SENGOKU AND GARP AT THE SAME TIME!!!
Is he too confident??maybe but not necessarily...
Did he fought them already or have an idea of their strenght???likely,for many reasons...like being on WB ships for so many years that at a certain point he must have met them(at least Garp).

It will be nice to see the development of the story after this arc,I also want to see the marines changing their headquartes and bringing it to the NW cause right now beside 5 persons,almost none of them can stand up to fight shichibukai lvl fighters or above.

k-dom
March 29, 2010, 01:20 PM
Since Shanks came to end the war, I don't think that there will be much fighting, if at all.
Yes, I know, again not seeing what Shanks crew can do is a little frustrating, but personally I'd like to see them fight properly and not at the end of a more or less finished arc!

Also something that occured to me jsut now: Shanks interfering safed Luffy and Coby already, but a rather ironic coincidence: if he ends the war like that, BB is likely to get away - if he didn't already sneak out of MF with the commotion Coby has caused and Shanks continued;

Blackbeard wanted to destroy Marineford and he was confident to enter the war while he only posses the Yomi Yomi no Mi.
Rather than fighting, maybe Shanks is here more in a diplomatic way in order to make a cease-fire.

He is garp pupil, so the chance are very low.

Yans86
March 29, 2010, 01:23 PM
Crazy prediction.............Coby,Helmeppo,Smoker,Tashigi and Garp will become bounty hunters :-D

Well,smoker would be cool in that role...unfortunately he lacks that badass trash talking and appeal other people naturally have..

zagorka
March 29, 2010, 01:59 PM
I could see the Marines agreeing to stop the war with perhaps a bit of reluctance from a various few Marines (Akainu, for example), but what's to stop Blackbeard? Well the only possible way for him to stop is if the Marines do agree with Shanks. With this agreement then they can all agree to unite temporarily and fight against Blackbeard if he also decides to continue his rampage on Marine HQ. Blackbeard is powerful, but he cannot deal with everyone at Marine HQ's going after him. The question is, will the Marines comply with Shanks to stop? If they don't, this will end up being a real mess, in which the end result may end up like when Ace was defeated. Meaning we won't see the aftermath, but we will be told how everything ended. Be it through someone reading the newspaper, or some other manner...

Lunatic Scream
March 29, 2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think Shanks, Ben Beckman, etc, etc are all on Admiral level. I mean I'm sure Shanks is, but I think if his crew took part in place of Whitebeard's in the war, they'd have been similarly overpowered at points. I believe the Marines/Shichibukai combo is stronger than any single Yonkou and their crew.

However, events in this war (shichibukai's down to 4? and the other side has a couple of em, Blackbeard, etc) have led to the marines being pretty worn down. Shanks can certainly make an impact given how basically everyone else has been fighting for a solid day. What does he mean by "end the war"? I don't think he means "own the marines lulz", but what's keeping the war going right now?

1. Luffy's escape. He's pretty much gone, so that's one catalyst. Whitebeard's side can completely retreat now, assuming they don't want Ace's body back.
2. Blackbeard assaulting Marine HQ. This is what I see Shanks maybe driving out of the picture.

With Luffy having escaped, if Blackbeard gets driven away, the war is over. There's literally no real reason to fight, which is what I think Shanks might be getting at.

(I just realized that Ace's dead body is in Blackbeard's vicinity... *shudder* don't you DARE, Blackbeard!)

Gcat88
March 29, 2010, 02:12 PM
was it said that Akainu burned Cruiel or was it assumed since the guy he had under his fire fist looked just the 10th division commander??

chess4
March 29, 2010, 02:26 PM

garp will not let that happen.........im sure garp's word cares more than red dog's word

Fox666
March 29, 2010, 02:30 PM
was it said that Akainu burned Cruiel or was it assumed since the guy he had under his fire fist looked just the 10th division commander??That IS Curiel, no doubt.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100218001801/onepiece/images/c/c8/Curiel.PNG
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100326033328/onepiece/images/5/5a/Curiel_defeated.jpg

chess4
March 29, 2010, 02:33 PM
I don't think Shanks, Ben Beckman, etc, etc are all on Admiral level. I mean I'm sure Shanks is, but I think if his crew took part in place of Whitebeard's in the war, they'd have been similarly overpowered at points. I believe the Marines/Shichibukai combo is stronger than any single Yonkou and their crew.

However, events in this war (shichibukai's down to 4? and the other side has a couple of em, Blackbeard, etc) have led to the marines being pretty worn down. Shanks can certainly make an impact given how basically everyone else has been fighting for a solid day. What does he mean by "end the war"? I don't think he means "own the marines lulz", but what's keeping the war going right now?

1. Luffy's escape. He's pretty much gone, so that's one catalyst. Whitebeard's side can completely retreat now, assuming they don't want Ace's body back.
2. Blackbeard assaulting Marine HQ. This is what I see Shanks maybe driving out of the picture.

With Luffy having escaped, if Blackbeard gets driven away, the war is over. There's literally no real reason to fight, which is what I think Shanks might be getting at.

(I just realized that Ace's dead body is in Blackbeard's vicinity... *shudder* don't you DARE, Blackbeard!)

lets not forget WB was hella sick, ace was in chains, and satch is dead. so of the top few members on a few were fighting at full strength. WB could have killed everyone if he wasnt trying to save ace.

WB had 16 ships with 100 people on his side. I sure the red hairs have individually stronger people. out of all those people the division commanders are probably the only ones who are above average fighters.

shanks crew members are probably individually stronger

happy GIN smily
March 29, 2010, 02:36 PM
was it said that Akainu burned Cruiel or was it assumed since the guy he had under his fire fist looked just the 10th division commander??

yep that was one of the weakling WB-commanders...

edit:

looking back at this war so far it is all very disapointing...
WBs crew is nothing but a large group of fodder.
with a bunch of devision commanders who all (with a very few exceptions) completely sucked.
and 50 so called infamous pirates from the New World. These 50 infamous pirates and their crews got their asses kicked by 20 or 30 Pacifistas and ran away from them. pretty lame.
where is the difference to Don Creek???

it must be very easy to become an infamous pirate in the New World if such a bunch of weak freaks can be called so...

WIzarDE
March 29, 2010, 02:44 PM
I don’t get why everyone is saying the WB commanders are weak :S

It doesn’t make sense everyone in this war is of a very high level on both sides …

So in a way there even and plus the fact that the Marines had all the advantage on their side seeing as they are defending and had all sorts of traps.

On a side note I don’t think Shanks is here to fight, next chapter will probably be him talking about how the battle is over and the remaining parties should go home. Don’t forget that Younkos are one of the most powerful forces in this world, so the WG wont dare to take on another. Plus the fact at the moment they don’t have any reason to fight Younkos are independent and all and like Ace said to Luffy they all have their own adventurous to follow.

chess4
March 29, 2010, 02:46 PM
everyone kills me, when they say the wb commanders are weak. akainu beat the 10th divisio captain. if he could hang with akkainu then the wg would not stand a chance. we have not seen all rhem in action yet

Jadedmariner
March 29, 2010, 03:06 PM
everyone kills me, when they say the wb commanders are weak. akainu beat the 10th divisio captain. if he could hang with akkainu then the wg would not stand a chance. we have not seen all rhem in action yet

The problem is that Akainu defeated both Ace and the 10th division captain with little effort. Nobody should expect those two to be able to defeat Akainu, but neither should have lost so easily.

Razh
March 29, 2010, 03:30 PM
The problem is that Akainu defeated both Ace and the 10th division captain with little effort. Nobody should expect those two to be able to defeat Akainu, but neither should have lost so easily.

It doesn't matter, Akainu's powers are too destructive. You can say that Blackbeard's crew shouldn't have lost against Magellan in 1 second, but his poison power made it happen.

chess4
March 29, 2010, 03:41 PM

yea but ace was even with aokiji. like crocodile said, you never know how peoples power will match up. luffy is much stronger than mr 3, but mr 3 is better equipped to fight magellan. luffy beat crocodile, but luffy would not stand a chance a doflamingo at this point.

NoLimit89
March 29, 2010, 03:51 PM
Next chapter, Shanks aims his Haki on all Marine fodders, leaving only Sengoku, Garp, Admirals, Vice Admirals and certain Captains capable of fighting. Evens out the battlefield somewhat.

DutchPhoenix
March 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
i dont get it why people say why croco was defeated by luffy

lets see

Dessert : luffy gets impaled
Building: luffy gets dried out
Underground: yes, luffy punches croco out, but hes poisoned and would have died and croco would have lived on. but well, nico robin saved luffy.

in my eyes it was a 3-0 for crocodile

jiminy
March 29, 2010, 03:59 PM
i think its better to leave the fodders. I think Shanks being there for the little time he has and letting Law escape would direct the focus to BB. Because BB wants to destroy MHQ, it would be better for the Admirals to focus there. Shanks could then aid in the rest of the WB pirates in escaping too. Leaving BB to have to deal with the entire marine force

i dont get it why people say why croco was defeated by luffy

in my eyes it was a 3-0 for crocodile

well, Luffy came back and KO'ed Crocoboy. Look at it like boxing, it is the final round that determines the winner. And Luffy was able to still carry Nico Robin and Cobra out even though he was poisoned. So, screwing up Crocoboy's plans and kicking his ass meant that Luffy defeated him.

superman97
March 29, 2010, 04:09 PM
Just to support Whitebeards crew and the New world pirates. The New world pirates have taken on the Pacifistas, the fodder White beard pirates have taken on the fodder marines. At times the WB commanders have held off very strong opponents like when they cleared a path for Luffy.

I think Shanks crew will be more along the line of Luffys as in quality over quantity. It could easily be possible for Ben Beckman to be as strong as Kizaru if we saw Marco being equivalent.
[hr]

Next chapter, Shanks aims his Haki on all Marine fodders, leaving only Sengoku, Garp, Admirals, Vice Admirals and certain Captains capable of fighting. Evens out the battlefield somewhat.

The marine fodder mean nothing, The strawhats defeated thousands of fodder at Enis Lobby and still beat CP9

Dr. Vegapunk
March 29, 2010, 04:34 PM
I dont expect there to be any intense action (PLEASE let there be!!), we might just get a lecture from Shanks-sempai, BB escapes upon seeing the arrival of Shanks, or who knows he might try and attack Shanks with that newly-found ego of his.

otherx
March 29, 2010, 04:52 PM
Few days ago I checked out the signature of some user here, and it had all the old guys from the government and they all look like Captain Yammamoto from bleach like they are really strong even when they seem weak so.. maybe the admirals are not so great and will be eventually defeated and then this guys would likely be the real strong ones...

there most be a reason more powerful to be so important than political things... IMO...

So based on that fact I can accept Shanks kicking Akainu, Kizaru and Aokigi asses :)

shiro245
March 29, 2010, 05:00 PM
Is Shank going to die ? Since most ppl did not expect WB to die at this arc beginning but he did.It was quite disappointing to see WB captains were defeated by the marine 's admirals in only 2 or 3 chapters.

Zehahaha
March 29, 2010, 05:02 PM
Is Shank going to die ? Since most ppl did not expect WB to die at this arc beginning but he did.It was quite disappointing to see WB captains were defeated by the marine 's admirals in only 2 or 3 chapters.

WB's death has a meaning : with him gone, it's officially the end of an era, the end of the old generation of pirates... But if Shanks dies here, it will have no meaning at all

Lemonadez
March 29, 2010, 05:16 PM
LOL.

Akainu can only win because of his abilities, but he doesn't use any haki. you saw it how akainu get pwned easily by Whitebeard when whitebeard uses haki, but he's already too old for it. Due to fact he cant take out people by just releasing his haki..

Like Ace said in OP its about Ability and Element.

Blackbeard crew got owned by Magellan less than a seconds. Even if BB posses earthquake and darkness, he still take dmg like normal person. Magellan poison abilities will still pwned him in seconds.

About those pacifista. They posses same abilities and power of Kuma and have kizaru laser beam. Having all those defensive barrier and long range offensive beam, of course they can take out WB crew easily except those haki user.

Shanks isn't going to die. u saw his haki stop akainu with sword.. WB couldn't done that cuz he became old + sick and it weakened him. that why marine challenge him due to his state.

Bonfire01
March 29, 2010, 05:24 PM

Nope, I think Shanks is safe :). For one he needs to give his hat back to Luffy and second Oda told us a long time ago that Luffy will meet back up with Shanks when he is a superb pirate (or something to that effect).

Unlike some Manga writers Oda is pretty damned consistent. So if he foreshadows them meeting back up, they will.

Also, as someone before me posted, WB's death advanced the plot (as did Ace's) but Shanks turning up right at the end and having a very un-epic death wouldn't really achieve much.
[hr]

LOL.

Akainu can only win because of his abilities, but he doesn't use any haki. you saw it how akainu get pwned easily by Whitebeard when whitebeard uses haki, but he's already too old for it. Due to fact he cant take out people by just releasing his haki..

Like Ace said in OP its about Ability and Element.

Blackbeard crew got owned by Magellan less than a seconds. Even if BB posses earthquake and darkness, he still take dmg like normal person. Magellan poison abilities will still pwned him in seconds.

About those pacifista. They posses same abilities and power of Kuma and have kizaru laser beam. Having all those defensive barrier and long range offensive beam, of course they can take out WB crew easily except those haki user.

Shanks isn't going to die. u saw his haki stop akainu with sword.. WB couldn't done that cuz he became old + sick and it weakened him. that why marine challenge him due to his state.

I totally agree with you about the pacifista being a lot more of a big deal than some people have suggested. Bearing in mind Luffy, Law and Kid are the three big rookies of the age and they, along with their crews, struggled against the pacifista one at a time, it's got to be raelly tough for the new world pirates to fight them with very little room to maveuver, en masse.

I think Luffy, law and Kid's crews are being pitched as already new world quality (since they are all about to go there and all have impressive looking powers) so I wouldn't be upset if the new world crews WB had were at a similar level (at least a fair number of them).

As far as Akainu beating up all and Sundry.... I have no problem with it at all. His victory over Ace was well explained (elemental advantage and Ace had been locked up and abused in ID for some time) and he HAS to be able to batter most of the WB commanders with ease or the marines would be a total joke.

OFC I don't expect Akainu to have a chance against Shanks 1 vs 1 just as he wouldn't have stood a chance against WB 1 vs 1 just based on how much it took to kill WB off.

Next issue will hopefully wrap up the war quickly. I don't see much point in seeing a load of events while Luffy is in a coma in a submarine. I think it would be much better to see them in flashback along with his reactions...

hossice
March 29, 2010, 06:53 PM
i can't wait for spoilers. ahhh tell me what happened to ivankov and inazuma lol XD oh and what will luffys new nickname be since...he..has no strawhat??

SenninSage
March 29, 2010, 06:59 PM

Ace also left himself totally open protecting Luffy. He also wasn't in the best of conditions himself.

Freid
March 29, 2010, 07:22 PM
can someone enlighten me. is shanks part of the new era or old era or is he some 'middle' era kinda guy
[hr]

i can't wait for spoilers. ahhh tell me what happened to ivankov and inazuma lol XD oh and what will luffys new nickname be since...he..has no strawhat??

that is why i have always thought luffy's nickname was stupid. the government shouldnt nickname someone according to what they own because what if they lose it. what are they then?. its more appropiate to nickname someone throught what they have done or the ability they have or maybe a unique feature they have that wouldnt change

chess4
March 29, 2010, 07:26 PM
man i can not wait to see what powers the red hairs have and also what are their nicknames.

we obviuosly know shanks is a haki user. maybe beckman is too. he pointed the gun at kizaru, so that obviously means he can hurt him. so that must mean he is a haki user and shots haki bullets

i am most waiting to see lucky roo in action. i have been waiting to see him since he snuck up on that bandit so fast. he is super fast, so maybe hus name is Lightspeed Lucky Roo.

yassop is probably just a excellent shot.

i am also curious of what position they hold. beckman is stated to be smart, so maybe he is a doctor. lucky roo is always eating so maybe he is the cook, and obviously yassop is the sniper

Fox666
March 29, 2010, 07:30 PM
that is why i have always thought luffy's nickname was stupid. the government shouldnt nickname someone according to what they own because what if they lose it. what are they then?. its more appropiate to nickname someone throught what they have done or the ability they have or maybe a unique feature they have that wouldnt changeYeah, but the pirate also would like to maintain his fame. So Shirohige wouldn't cut his mustache, as he want to keep his fame.

i am most waiting to see lucky roo in action. i have been waiting to see him since he snuck up on that bandit so fast. he is super fast, so maybe hus name is Lightspeed Lucky Roo.Hmm... that bandit is no big deal. I think that anyone from Arlong level to up could do that.

Well, what I am trying to say is that at the red-hair levels, anyone can do what Lucky Roo did there. =P

SenninSage
March 29, 2010, 07:41 PM
can someone enlighten me. is shanks part of the new era or old era or is he some 'middle' era kinda guy
<hr noshade size="1">

that is why i have always thought luffy's nickname was stupid. the government shouldnt nickname someone according to what they own because what if they lose it. what are they then?. its more appropiate to nickname someone throught what they have done or the ability they have or maybe a unique feature they have that wouldnt change

Well Shanks is definitely not of Luffy's era, that much is clear from statements that Shanks himself has made. He bet his arm on a new era is what he once said to WhiteBeard.

Shanks may be a legendary pirate of the current era, but he appears to be a legendary pirate of the current era who is still in his prime, he's just missing one of his arms.

hy4k
March 29, 2010, 08:30 PM
at this point the marines and shichibukai are heavily outmatched

2 yonkou crews, a yonkou, the blackbeard crew, blackbeard, crocodile, ivankov

hancock and mihawk might not even join the fight? mihawk wont touch shanks and hancock's preoccupied with luffy

Kaos-Sensei
March 29, 2010, 08:50 PM
im foaming at the mouth for spoilers... plz oh plz let them come out within the next 24 hrs...i think next chap we will see shanks power and how he will stop the war....then a break with the huge cliffhanger

leonoel
March 29, 2010, 09:02 PM
I think the Era thing works like this:

We have an unknown era when WB and Gol D an Shiki were rookies (WB flashback)
Another Era where Gol D was well established as the Pirate King and Sengoku was an Admiral, and Shanks, Mihawk, Croc, Moria were all rookies, it finished when Gol D Roger died.
Another era (WB according to Ace) where Shanks, Mihawk and all of them are the commanding pirates and we have Luffy, Law and Kidd as rookies. It apparently finished with WB dead. I think that is the reason Oda has been so instintent to point out that Garp, WB and Sengoku are signs of an old era.
And the new era that its starting with Luffy, Law and all of them becoming main powerful crews and Shanks and Co will be more like WB, part of an old Era

lionheart555
March 29, 2010, 09:08 PM
I think the Era thing works like this:

We have an unknown era when WB and Gol D an Shiki were rookies (WB flashback)
Another Era where Gol D was well established as the Pirate King and Sengoku was an Admiral, and Shanks, Mihawk, Croc, Moria were all rookies, it finished when Gol D Roger died.
Another era (WB according to Ace) where Shanks, Mihawk and all of them are the commanding pirates and we have Luffy, Law and Kidd as rookies. It apparently finished with WB dead. I think that is the reason Oda has been so instintent to point out that Garp, WB and Sengoku are signs of an old era.
And the new era that its starting with Luffy, Law and all of them becoming main powerful crews and Shanks and Co will be more like WB, part of an old Era

Dont forget Revolutionary Army + Dragon

scarletcrimson
March 29, 2010, 09:10 PM
the new era awaits!!....shanks wont die, he is the key so that luffy will escape along with everyone else...alive...let them all deal with teach. It is wierd to see him with his hat back, one piece is surely on the verge of a huge break/time skip...holy crap

i really want to see all the red-hair powers that will be awesome

xtro
March 29, 2010, 09:12 PM

Well Shanks is definitely not of Luffy's era, that much is clear from statements that Shanks himself has made. He bet his arm on a new era is what he once said to WhiteBeard.

Shanks may be a legendary pirate of the current era, but he appears to be a legendary pirate of the current era who is still in his prime, he's just missing one of his arms.

Yeah, Shanks surely not within Luffy's Era, but he's also not on WB's era.
Whitebeard along with Roger, Garp and Sengoku, all in old era. Remember that Shanks was still an apprentice on Aura Jackson. Shanks era is with Hawkeye, Kuma, Crocodile etc...
All of them were rookie's in WB's Era (or maybe they were supernovas on WB's Era ;))

So, yeah you could say he's in middle era.. :p
That's my opinion... :eyeroll

leonoel
March 29, 2010, 09:32 PM
Dont forget Revolutionary Army + Dragon

Dragon was probably also a youngling revolutionary in Gol D Roger Era, along with Ivankov, and in WB era was a well established revolutionary, proof of this is Ivankov calling Crocodile Croc Chan over and over, that means that while Croc was a rookie

Esg876
March 29, 2010, 09:51 PM

Doesent matter if they own it... what happens to Red Hair Shanks when he starts greying? :X

scarletcrimson
March 29, 2010, 10:20 PM
the middle era lol, will those other supernovas have a major part in the story after the events currently happening at MF? wat do u guys think

KaoruArimi
March 29, 2010, 10:57 PM
<hr noshade size="1">

He's not past and not future he's present tense?? hehe
he's the current Era and luffy is the future :)
Now that WB is gone BB and Shanks will be huge rivals along with the other Yonkou's (I think that's how u spell it) well anyway the emperors.

Seriously people I don't why we're talking about Luffy's strawhat nickname. First of all he's going to get the damn hat back okay??? Shanks will return it... and if not he might very well buy a new one. :/ if he gave even a rats ars about his nickname. Okay nickname 101... just because someone originally got their nickname because of their hat doesn't mean that they always need that hat to maintain the nickname. It's more sentimental than literal. Like okay Michael Air Jordan... seriously the dude is old and doesn't get as much "air" as he used to. But he earned that name :/ you know??? No one can take that away from him. so he can be on a walker and we will still high five him as he walks by "YO AIR JORDAN!" ah hah... :X

No disrepect or anything. I just think it's funny.

otherx
March 29, 2010, 11:17 PM
past shonen was issue #17, the next one is issue #18 or call it this week one piece the one coming for us in 2 or 3 days... and issue #19 for the other week that one WONT have one piece so ... prepare cause this chapter can make some people want to kill themselves lol

BurnSchulz
March 29, 2010, 11:32 PM
Long time (3 days) not in mangahelpers

Get into one piece forum

see disc/pred thread

click last page

and read this first:

SORRY TO ALL THERE IS NO ONE PIECE THIS WEEK ......
ODA SAMA IS HAVING HIS SON BRITHDAY PARTY

i was like this:

:jawdrop

but then i read this:

Beware that its April Fools week. And yes there is One Piece.

and i was like:

:rofl

Dont ever shock me again like this :D

TheMoa
March 29, 2010, 11:46 PM
just a tough about last chapter.... Shanks must be God damn fast.

He arrive just in time to stop Akainu, yet the ship was far from the fight

aizen uchiha
March 30, 2010, 12:45 AM
I nearly cried when I heard that there was no one piece this week.......then I realized it was a joke and cried tears of relief......manga has destroyed my life!!

Do you guys think we are going to have an arc where luffy goes on a journey to find all his crewmates again ?? WB had a bisento, shanks has a sword, roger had a sword and pistol, what do you think luffys weapon is going to be ??

pnyhmsmx
March 30, 2010, 01:06 AM
His fist should be his weapon.

Gumibear
March 30, 2010, 01:37 AM
I think maybe the passing of the hat is Oda's way of saying that Luffy has reached Shanks, he has become a great pirate so to speak.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/47/

Dark Doc.
March 30, 2010, 02:45 AM
I think maybe the passing of the hat is Oda's way of saying that Luffy has reached Shanks, he has become a great pirate so to speak.

I don't think Luffy can be seen as a great pirate (and surely didn't reached reach Shanks) already but more as an great promise for the future. He doesn't control his haki yet and I think that's kinda important because, let's face it, if he runs into a logia he would be screwed (up untill now he was lucky he had the natural advantage and figured out crocs disadvantage). He also is nowhere near admiral level or even WB top 5 commander level and he is just on shichibukai level (not even kuma, mihawk and dofla I think). So Luffy has still some strenght to gather and I think Oda will save the special Strawhat-giveback for a moment more near the end of OP.

DEATHBOTT
March 30, 2010, 03:19 AM
luffy isn't ready to meet shanks. shanks came to him, luffy has to reach shanks on his own.

also luffy without a straw hat is still captain of the strawhats so i thik the names fine. also zorro's not a pirate hunter anymore.

deffkryz
March 30, 2010, 03:29 AM
I don't see a problem in Luffy actually meeting Shanks once he regained consciousness... But right now, Luffy is near death and his mind broken. C'mon he dropped his strawhat - his treasure! Shanks giving Luffy once again that Strawhat is actually a pretty good reason for them to meet personally within the next let's say 10 chapters. Ready or not - it still may happen.

kangclaw
March 30, 2010, 03:33 AM
I don't think Luffy can be seen as a great pirate (and surely didn't reached reach Shanks) already but more as an great promise for the future. He doesn't control his haki yet and I think that's kinda important because, let's face it, if he runs into a logia he would be screwed (up untill now he was lucky he had the natural advantage and figured out crocs disadvantage). He also is nowhere near admiral level or even WB top 5 commander level and he is just on shichibukai level (not even kuma, mihawk and dofla I think). So Luffy has still some strenght to gather and I think Oda will save the special Strawhat-giveback for a moment more near the end of OP.

Yeah Luffy has a lot of growth left.

Mangafan2
March 30, 2010, 05:14 AM
yeah people should realise the ranks in power
this war made it look like a lot of powerful pirates were pretty weak, but let's not forget an admiral can still easily kill the whole strawhat crew and all the other supernova's.
Marco could probably aswell.

kangclaw
March 30, 2010, 05:41 AM
yeah people should realise the ranks in power
this war made it look like a lot of powerful pirates were pretty weak, but let's not forget an admiral can still easily kill the whole strawhat crew and all the other supernova's.
Marco could probably aswell.

True, I have to agree, makes sense.

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 06:00 AM
About the power levels..
Don't compare this war fooders, with the 9 doruriki guys from Enies Lobby!
In this war is pretty much clear the Luffy wasn't destroying 5000 of soldiers as if they were watermelons...
He pretty much got cut a lot of times by those fooders...

I bet that Jango/Fullbody are the weakest level you can find in this war... And Jango is far from being weak... And Fullbody simply didn't had luck, and found a cooker who kicked him before he could move is eyelashes!

gao_dargon
March 30, 2010, 06:20 AM
just a tough about last chapter.... Shanks must be God damn fast.

He arrive just in time to stop Akainu, yet the ship was far from the fight

and to thing that Lucky Rux is actually faster, (the fat guy in his crew) as Oda sensei stated himselg he is "the fastest person in the world" or at least thats what i remember, im could be off by somethings as that statement dosen't make sence, since kizaru moves at the speed of light

urlaub
March 30, 2010, 06:22 AM
Kuma moves also pretty fast. Maybe Shanks is on Kuma's level and Lucky Roo on Kizaru level?

Vetinari clone
March 30, 2010, 06:35 AM
and to thing that Lucky Rux is actually faster, (the fat guy in his crew) as Oda sensei stated himselg he is "the fastest person in the world" or at least thats what i remember, im could be off by somethings as that statement dosen't make sence, since kizaru moves at the speed of light

Well we aren't sure if Oda was serious when he said that, also I imagine that if he was DF powers wouldn't count. Any way over a short distance a lot of people are probably faster that Kizaru as his movement seems to take a couple of seconds to start.

Freid
March 30, 2010, 08:07 PM
He's not past and not future he's present tense?? hehe
he's the current Era and luffy is the future :)
Now that WB is gone BB and Shanks will be huge rivals along with the other Yonkou's (I think that's how u spell it) well anyway the emperors.

Seriously people I don't why we're talking about Luffy's strawhat nickname. First of all he's going to get the damn hat back okay??? Shanks will return it... and if not he might very well buy a new one. :/ if he gave even a rats ars about his nickname. Okay nickname 101... just because someone originally got their nickname because of their hat doesn't mean that they always need that hat to maintain the nickname. It's more sentimental than literal. Like okay Michael Air Jordan... seriously the dude is old and doesn't get as much "air" as he used to. But he earned that name :/ you know??? No one can take that away from him. so he can be on a walker and we will still high five him as he walks by "YO AIR JORDAN!" ah hah... :X

No disrepect or anything. I just think it's funny.

firstly i know he is getting the hat back. i was talking more generally when i made my comment and wasent really relating it to shanks retrieving the strawhat.

sorry mate but this is not the same thing. it is not like 'air jordan'. like i said in my original comment that i think it is appropriate to nickname someone according to something they have done or ahieved which is how michael got his nickname 'air jordan'. you stil dnt justify nick-naming someone according to a single thing they own. if the person owned lots of it then it would be justifiable. let me use an example you may understand. in nba there has not been anyone that has been nicknamed according to something they own; everyone that has been nicknamed has earned it through something they have achieved. its like giving paul peirce the nickname 'head band peirce' because he wears a headband when he plays