PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 579 Discussion / 580 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Akainu
March 17, 2010, 01:23 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59007) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

The RAW is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/579)!

Benzino
March 23, 2010, 06:26 AM
shanks making an entrance, whoa *_*

Lyn685
March 23, 2010, 06:27 AM
Shanks?
NO FU**ING WAY!
Who needs that wimp Law now? Shanks is here!!

MacBookUser
Awesome! Shanks shows up and gets back his strawhat!

THE MASTER
shanks :shakefist

aliasxn
Wow!!! O.O

Does that mean Kaidou has been defeated?

Me2Ecchi
March 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
looks like marines will get a hard time with shanks arrive. cant w8 to see more :D

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
:jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shanks has arrived!!!!!!!!! :shakefist :shakefist :woo :woo :woo :woo

I LOVE YOU ODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skylighter414
March 23, 2010, 06:29 AM
I knew someone was going to pick up that hat, did not expect its original owner however...i guess that means Shanks probably defeated Kaidou.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 06:31 AM
Wow! Shanks against Akainu! :wtf :wtf :wtf

I can't wait for this chapter now! :spaz :spaz :spaz

Just because Shanks has arrived doesn't necessarily mean he defeated Kaidou.

Me2Ecchi
March 23, 2010, 06:31 AM
I knew someone was going to pick up that hat, did not expect its original owner however...i guess that means Shanks probably defeated Kaidou.

btw shanks doesnt look that much worn out. Strange for a fight between 2 younkous :notrust

Lyn685
March 23, 2010, 06:32 AM
Hey, Corby makes an appearence again too!
Looks like his ass was just saved by Shanks.

DRAGON-PEIN-SAMA
March 23, 2010, 06:32 AM
btw shanks doesnt look that much worn out. Strange for a fight between 2 younkous :notrust

Exactly, they might have just had a clash like shanks and WB did.

OdaForPresident
March 23, 2010, 06:33 AM
WOW, did not expect this! Shanks steps up and I'm predicting Aikanu getting owned! No way the marines will be able to get away from this unharmed. I'm curious to see if Shanks will start to battle black beard, though I don't think he will.

kangclaw
March 23, 2010, 06:35 AM
The only way to stop the war is to forcefully stop the fights?
The Marines are not going to back down and neither are the BB or the WB.

the6millionbeliman
March 23, 2010, 06:36 AM
Just when you think the arc's winding down and ready to end sunvabitch Oda does it again!

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 06:36 AM
Shanks to own Akainu! :shakefist PLEASE! :om

This is amazing, I really did not think Shanks would make an appearance in this war. :darn Damn you Oda!

NoLimit89
March 23, 2010, 06:37 AM
oh yes oh yes oh yes.

the spoilers have made me very hypo.

LOVE IT!!!

strawhatsarah
March 23, 2010, 06:38 AM
FIGURES Shanks shows up while Luffy is passed out! Dang it! I would have liked them to see each other again >.< but still epic looking, no doubt...

Antares
March 23, 2010, 06:39 AM
Huh? All-stars appearing one after another? I hope Shanks just makes a quick cameo to help Law escape. Any spoiler about his ability is overkill, i think we have enough with the surprises we've seen. Akainu should be banned, he's done his job already as an fiercely-fawful-yet-owned admiral :amuse

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 06:40 AM
I can't control myself. :darn

lol Coby got saved by Red Hair Shanks. :amuse He'll probably faint now or something. Surely, the WG won't be able to handle both the BB pirates (even though they're being owned by Sengoku atm) & Shanks, now?

Yans86
March 23, 2010, 06:41 AM
The fuck!!!!!!!!seriously,I'm speechless!!!!!I thought that this arc and this war were going to an end and such,then...........BAM again!!!f****n Oda u r awesome!!
Epicness all over the èplace,above and beyond every human concept of the word!!GREAT!!

NoLimit89
I see Robin in the new pics as well (or is that Tagashi?).

Does that mean the revolutionary army has also arrived?

Bertosch
I hope that Shanks wont die in this battle. I would really love to see a reunion with Luffy!

And I'm no longer surprised by Oda's choices. Anything is about to happen in OP... Naruto can go to hell...

N A O
Thank God shanks is here, because Kizaru appear again! they can't handle it without some help.
And is that Coby (http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org752899.jpg)? is he trying to stand against Akainu? Interesting.

Razh
March 23, 2010, 06:42 AM
OMFG!!!:o

Didn't see that coming. Heck, with Shanks here, I'm almost not mad any more that Oda made Blackbeard get a second devil fruit.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 06:43 AM

At first I thought it was Robin too. I'm pretty sure it's Tagashi though. :s

I hope that Shanks wont die in this battle. I would really love to see a reunion with Luffy!

And I'm no longer surprised by Oda's choices. Anything is about to happen in OP... Naruto can go to hell...

Shanks will not die. :notrust

Luffy and Red Hair will meet again! :shakefist

the6millionbeliman
March 23, 2010, 06:45 AM

That would be too much epic for one chapter. Might rip a hole in the universe.

Bertosch
March 23, 2010, 06:45 AM
There are still Dadan and Dragon missing... Maybe they will run for Luffy to. But Shanks intention in this is probably more the balance between outlaws and WG than saving Luffy.

happy GIN smily
March 23, 2010, 06:46 AM
wow

who would have expected Shanks to show up at this moment...?

i did not

but it feels good to see him. finally some Pirate with balls. not like these WB pussys who had to rely on a rookie to make it to the platform

Cedde
March 23, 2010, 06:47 AM
Of everyone to pic up the straw hat, i can already picture it in the anime, shanks slowly picking it up.

THIS is the reason why One piece is the greatest manga out there, because Oda is so awesome and epic, he must be a God!

ScorpionGR
March 23, 2010, 06:48 AM
what the hell shanks arrived .. he came with law ship ... what the hell we gonna see in new world...

Bugzee
I hope we get to see some of Red Hair's crew members. I can't believe Shanks fricking made an appearance. OP the greatest manga of all time imo! :shakefist

I'm hoping we get to see some of Law's crew defending their ship against the marines. I want to see what kind skills/abilities they have. :tem

Lord.Strife
OMG shanks. Well his appearance can only mean 1 thing get the white beard pirates out of there. Like i can still see a future for the wb pirates they will be shadow protectors with shanks for luffy and co. Luffy is basically fked if he goes to new world atm since he ain't as strong as whitebeard so everyone will want to crush him before he reaches his potential. WB pirates will be around for the war with the true war with the WG. Luffy did declare war on the WG.

Note the admirals are pissing me off atm since they just keep appearing after being smashed. I wish whitebeard was still in the fight he is just way to epic.

Smit
March 23, 2010, 06:49 AM
This just made my day. Cant wait till the chap comes out. But im wondering who Akainu is punching/melting on pic with BB laughing?

N A O
March 23, 2010, 06:51 AM

I think she's Robin, look at her collar and if she's Tash where is her glasses.

Vanm
March 23, 2010, 06:53 AM
Shanks vs Akainu *-*

So amazing

Bertosch
March 23, 2010, 06:53 AM
I really can not see much details in the spoilers. Is the ship of Shanks seen or did he really come with Law?

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 06:54 AM
Finally we get to see a Shanks & Buggy reunion! :woo

I hope they meet up! But, then again I want Buggy to go onto Law's ship as well. :darn

◆ T.D.A ◆
Sorry Whitebeard but Shanks is just the best character in One Piece.

Benjamin Kaito
Is that Robin?

Nvm, its Tashigi without glasses.

Goos
March 23, 2010, 06:55 AM
I'm predicting that somehow Coby was trying to protect the strawhat when Akainu was intending to destroy it, so Shanks make his entrance, save Coby and get the strawhat from the ground. As I said, just a prediction :).

Pretty much interesting the way in which this war is developing, by the way! :D.

moonster x
pure epic.. that all i want to say.. shanks come to stop the war.. while pick up a strawhat...damn..:p

that tashigi not robin

hhv94
OMG! OMG! OMG! I had a feeling someone was gonna step in but I was shocked as helll when I saw Shanks! WOOHOO!!! And man I see such a significant symbolism with him taking back the Straw hat in some way!! Oh man but some of those pics are so small its hard to tell what the heck is going on! Oh man I can't wait for clearer scans! :)

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 06:56 AM
FANSGASM!!!!!! SHANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMG

Someone actually predicted that he would appear and grab his hat!

ÃHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*dies of happiness*.-

Bertosch
March 23, 2010, 06:57 AM
It is Tashigi... if you look closer and use strg + "+" u can see the shadow of her glasses on her forehead!

Bugzee
I'm predicting that somehow Coby was trying to protect the strawhat when Akainu was intending to destroy it, so Shanks make his entrance, save Coby and get the strawhat from the ground. As I said, just a prediction :).

Pretty much interesting the way in which this war is developing, by the way! :D.

That's a great prediction my friend! :D

Coby to become a pirate now? :smile-big

pure epic.. that all i want to say.. shanks come to stop the war.. while pick up a strawhat...damn..:p

I'm sure Shanks will keep hold of the strawhat until he meets up with Luffy in the NW. ;)

sarutobi_sensei
Oioi akainue attacked Smoker and Shanks defended him ZOMG!

nfinitfx
March 23, 2010, 06:58 AM
HOLY crappp Shanks came!!

I think shanks should rescue luffy etc.

Then let Marines fight vs blackbeard. Hopefully, they significantly weaken blackbeard, then the story will progress better. Or else it'd just be BB pwning everyone.

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 06:58 AM
It is Tashigi... if you look closer and use strg + "+" u can see the shadow of her glasses on her forehead!

I got like zomg it's robin than I looked closer and saw it was tashigi :mad

PaPiPuPePo~
March 23, 2010, 06:59 AM
Woha
Oh my gosh XD Oh my gosh Ohhhhhhhh >__<
i never thought that shanks appear
i only saw dragon, supernovas, ray, mugiwara crew
but noooooooww SHANKS !!!!!!!! >____<
OMG OMG OMG EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC !!!!
OMG XD now i think all the day about this chapter
HOLY SHIT XD

THANK YOU ODA <3
Oda so awesome xD
*chill* :P

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 07:00 AM
Is that garp or luffy with his mouth open?

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:00 AM
It would've been uber epic if it was Robin. :amuse

I'm :nuts HAPPY :nuts with Shanks appearing. :)

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 07:01 AM
Woa is it smoker or Koby being attacked?

EDIT: It's koby.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:02 AM
It's Coby being attack by Akainu but Shanks saved him. I wonder what Coby was doing infront of Akainu so suddenly. Looks like BB was pwned by Sengoku! :shakefist

drzcoyotex3
March 23, 2010, 07:02 AM
wow oda is an epic author i did mot see shanks no where near, i thought he had his hands full with kaidou but it seems he didnt as for the marines, this battle is getting complicted

SHANKS RULES

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 07:04 AM
I have come to end this war.

*_*

Cedde
March 23, 2010, 07:05 AM
Now the pirates got a +1 in strength :)

I want to know what shanks will do with the strawhat... he made a promise with luffy, that "Luffy will return it to him when he is a real pirate"
Luffy is unconscious, so it does not count...

and if luffy dose not get the straw hat back, he loses the vire card to raylight...

TwEeD
March 23, 2010, 07:05 AM
YES!!!

Off all the epic characters that could arrive it's friggin' Shanks
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was confirmed, thought it was somebody trollin' with a photoshop

PaPiPuPePo~
March 23, 2010, 07:06 AM
It's Coby being attack by Akainu but Shanks saved him. I wonder what Coby was doing infront of Akainu so suddenly. Looks like BB was pwned by Sengoku! :shakefist

i was thinking the same
i wonder what he say maybe he wanted to save luffy or something like that >__< so exciting:blink

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:07 AM
Now the pirates got a +1 in strength :)

I want to know what shanks will do with the strawhat... he made a promise with luffy, that "Luffy will return it to him when he is a real pirate"
Luffy is unconscious, so it does not count...

and if luffy dose not get the straw hat back, he loses the vire card to raylight...

True. But, Luffy is in safe hands now that Law has rescued him. ;) I'm sure they'll go back to SA now or a secret island with Rayliegh or maybe with Shanks? :blink

@ PaPiPuPePo~ - Yea, probably because of the strawhat I guess. Coby knows about the history of it back from the East Blue Arc.

Nergy
March 23, 2010, 07:07 AM
Cannot tell you how happy it makes me with shanks getting involved. Why did he have to save coby though :facepalm still this is all kinds of erm............ WOW!!!!

Twar
March 23, 2010, 07:09 AM
Awesome, can't wait to read.
I wonder if Shanks is going to secretly return the straw hat to Luffy and wait for him to grow stronger or have an actual conversation with him... Although this is absolutely not important at the moment!

roymustang86
March 23, 2010, 07:10 AM
I really dont like this, but newer and newer characters are being pulled out.

I just hope it isnt more disappointment, like Shanks also getting defeated and killed or somthing like that.

bittman
March 23, 2010, 07:11 AM
Sigh. Another week, another cameo.

Next week I suppose Dragon will turn up? Then Kaidou. And then Vegapunk (who is really Kizaru anyway). Then the Strawhat's. Then Duval. Then Roger. Then the war will end perhaps after that?

Anyway, pics are too blurry to make out that well. All I got out of all that was that Shanks blocked Akainu from fisting Coby.

My only hope for this chapter is that Smoker, Kizaru and Garp were all mentioned somewhere. But even then I'm not hoping for much.

Though I was one of a few that was disappointed with Law, I'll probably be standing alone this week in being disappointed with Shanks as everyone else fangasms all over the place leaving it in a mess. War should have practically ended with the quick succession of both Ace's and Whitebeard's death. The longer this arc drags on the less dramatic both of them are.

Akainu is also becoming less and less badass every chapter whilst Blackbeard is not entertaining at all lately.

Come on Oda. Timeskip already!

OunknownO
March 23, 2010, 07:12 AM
I think coby was just accidentally in the way...

There is other possibility, that he protected Luffy and will become one of the mugiwaras(It's a long shot but hey who knows)

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:14 AM
How long did many of us believe Shanks "should turn up" or "must make an appearance" or "it would be cool if he made an appearance", some of us were even doubting the possibliity of Shanks appearing and look what Oda does!

Too many of you are jumping to the wrong conclusions. Oda won't flood the next 10 chapters with random introductions of new characters. Dragon & Kadiou will not make an appearance imo. Shanks is enough imo for the WG to change their tactics/strategy right now.

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 07:16 AM
Way to go Coby! He has gained Shanks favor :D

God it's epic. I want the chapter already xD

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:18 AM
:crying Well done Coby! :clap You green marine. :XD

Coby is a different man now. :noworry I hope he joins the RV's! ;)

WE ALL WANT THIS CHAPTER ASAP! :yelling

TwEeD
March 23, 2010, 07:19 AM
I think coby was just accidentally in the way...

There is other possibility, that he protected Luffy and will become one of the mugiwaras(It's a long shot but hey who knows)

Spoiler text seems to imply he protected Luffy/Law from Aikanu and gave a speech about how futile it was to still pursue the war when they're objective is already completed. Shanks thanking Coby for him buyin' time and that it could change the world

Lord.Strife
March 23, 2010, 07:19 AM

Next week I suppose Dragon will turn up? Then Kaidou. And then Vegapunk (who is really Kizaru anyway). Then the Strawhat's. Then Duval. Then Roger. Then the war will end perhaps after that?

Anyway, pics are too blurry to make out that well. All I got out of all that was that Shanks blocked Akainu from fisting Coby.

My only hope for this chapter is that Smoker, Kizaru and Garp were all mentioned somewhere. But even then I'm not hoping for much.

Though I was one of a few that was disappointed with Law, I'll probably be standing alone this week in being disappointed with Shanks as everyone else fangasms all over the place leaving it in a mess. War should have practically ended with the quick succession of both Ace's and Whitebeard's death. The longer this arc drags on the less dramatic both of them are.

Akainu is also becoming less and less badass every chapter whilst Blackbeard is not entertaining at all lately.

Come on Oda. Timeskip already!

Wars don't end just end with the death of some leaders. Anyway don't worry the war will end in a couple of weeks since it has become a strategic retreat. Shanks is there to make sure as many good guys as possible will survive.

Couple more chapters and the war will be over.

ScorpionGR
March 23, 2010, 07:20 AM
I really dont like this, but newer and newer characters are being pulled out.

I just hope it isnt more disappointment, like Shanks also getting defeated and killed or somthing like that.

i agree with you wtf is going .. all the badass characters showing up just in this war .. what the hell we gonna see in another 500 chapter if there will be... now the only thing is to wait dragon appear and then bye bye one piece you reached the limit ... in this 5 chapter in a row are happening magic things in one piece like shanks appearing in the battle while he was fighting with kaidu the yonkou ... no way to win so fast ...

gcd
March 23, 2010, 07:21 AM
OMG, EPIC, i dont know that to say, just WOW, cant wait until scan come out. omg

street_san
March 23, 2010, 07:21 AM
Woow, now the list of true marines just upgradr with one new player: Coby. I mean he is totally right. The marine already won the war, there's no need fo moreau blood. Shanks entry was pretty epic and wtv what people might said, the Wab pirates needed a strong pirate to helped them escape...and Shanks is the perfect one. Good Job Oda

RichardMNixon
March 23, 2010, 07:24 AM
Fuck yes! Coby being a man and Shanks kicking ass! I was starting to get worried about the Straw Hat after Crocodile sent them away. We already know Shanks is strong though, I hope we get to see Roux, Yassop and Beckman.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:24 AM
Woah! Kizaru transported right infront of Law. Crap! :darn

I hope we get to see Benn Beckman or another crew member go up against Kizaru to aid Law & co! :shakefist

Ladies and Gentlemen, this maybe the moment where we all witness Buggy The Clown's true capabilities and awesomeness! :D :D :D

:shakefist

Fox666
March 23, 2010, 07:25 AM

Next week I suppose Dragon will turn up? Then Kaidou. And then Vegapunk (who is really Kizaru anyway). Then the Strawhat's. Then Duval. Then Roger. Then the war will end perhaps after that?I agree.

This arc was brillant because all pieces of the chess were prepared, and the important thing was how to play with it.

During the process, the Pacifista and Impel Down prisoners escaped, which we knew were there from the beggining.

But now, the characters showing up have nothing to do with the war... it's like saying that Luffy was saved because an OVNI abducted him.

ScratchmenApoo
March 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
Oh my god... Shanks came in, this is awesome.
And Coby making a grand speech... Exactly what we need... This gives more confidence that he will be a definite major character in the future !
I wonder how Law vs. Kizaru turns out...
Nevertheless, Shanks is going to set things straight and we will probably see what kind of powers he has... Maybe even a Devil Fruit..

nfinitfx
March 23, 2010, 07:26 AM
If luffy havne't saved Coby, he wouldn't have made that speech for shanks to make it in time to save luffy from Kizaru.

Cause-effect, sow and reap.

We are beginning to see the fruits of the earlier chapter.

This sure is a great story.

N A O
March 23, 2010, 07:27 AM
Is that garp or luffy with his mouth open?
I think it's Coby, look at his head he used to tie something there.

OunknownO
March 23, 2010, 07:31 AM
Spoiler text seems to imply he protected Luffy/Law from Aikanu and gave a speech about how futile it was to still pursue the war when they're objective is already completed. Shanks thanking Coby for him buyin' time and that it could change the world

I'don't know how to read japanese, so I just made a conclusion

TwEeD
March 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
I'don't know how to read japanese, so I just made a conclusion

Me neither but there is a translation in the "Spoiler Pics and Summaries" under the last pictures ;)

bittman
March 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
Wars don't end just end with the death of some leaders. Anyway don't worry the war will end in a couple of weeks since it has become a strategic retreat. Shanks is there to make sure as many good guys as possible will survive.

Actually I have no idea what war you could be talking about, but ALL wars end with the deaths of their leaders. Sure, there's some treaties in there were the leaders don't die, but a very very large majority of wars are simply killing off the leader and then taking what is left.

Of course, this is not a war. It's the police versus a bunch of criminals, so I do get your point that the leaders do not dictate the success or loss of the battle.

This doesn't mean I want to watch 5-10 chapters of escaping. Enies Lobby had, sort-of, 2 chapters of escape. That was enough, it was a perfect amount to wrap things up after the climax.

Where is the climax of this arc? If you can point to more than 2 bits of the arc, it does not mean "This arc was just that epic". All it means is that this arc had no highlight. Without an obvious highlight, the story is just a continuous string of highlights, thus making all of them seem both superficial and lacking.

I am already over Ace, Whitebeard, Luffy fainting, Kuma being a machine, Garp taking the blow, Ace escaping, Oars Jnr, Luffy's Haki, Akainu's introduction and subsequent destruction and Sengoku's master plan. These are all "highlights", but because none of them stand out, we are unable to really attach ourselves to any of them. The immersion (feeling of being caught up entirely in a scene/chapter/story) has been lost.

For reference: I was not over Going Merry's death for at least 50 chapters after it happened. I could still read it and be sad. I could read Ace dying again and feel almost nothing.

fistsofrage
March 23, 2010, 07:33 AM
Lol Coby saves Luffy by the skin of his teeth awesome. And Shanks to the rescue this war is too much for words.

sarutobi_sensei
Woah! Kizaru transported right infront of Law. Crap! :darn

I hope we get to see Benn Beckman or another crew member go up against Kizaru to aid Law & co! :shakefist

Ladies and Gentlemen, this maybe the moment where we all witness Buggy The Clown's true capabilities and awesomeness! :D :D :D

:shakefist

Hehe, I hope that happens. I wanna see Buggy saying, I'm not making out of myself anymore. Let me show them what I've got :D

I think it's Coby, look at his head he used to tie something there.
Yeah I noticed it after I learned it was Coby making the speech x)

beastboy
wow

who would have expected Shanks to show up at this moment...?

i did not

but it feels good to see him. finally some Pirate with balls. not like these WB pussys who had to rely on a rookie to make it to the platform

The last person who said that only survived cause he is made of magma...

Anyway *_____* SHANKS awesom Oda did it again...

Muhbaer
I don't think shanks has eaten a devil fruit, since he told luffy that he can't become a pirate if he is a hammer. Would be nice if we have one major character with no devil fruit and the ability to swim, except jimbei o'c. and maybe garb

nfinitfx
March 23, 2010, 07:35 AM
Oh my god... Shanks came in, this is awesome.
And Coby making a grand speech... Exactly what we need... This gives more confidence that he will be a definite major character in the future !
I wonder how Law vs. Kizaru turns out...
Nevertheless, Shanks is going to set things straight and we will probably see what kind of powers he has... Maybe even a Devil Fruit..

Yeah Coby will be one of the legendary marines in the future that will change the WG.

Muhbaer
March 23, 2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah Coby will be one of the legendary marines in the future that will change the WG.

of course, since he is a student of garb ! well done coby !

moonster x
March 23, 2010, 07:37 AM
someone stop kizaru.. is that benn beckment? or yassop?

Trikz
March 23, 2010, 07:38 AM
Wow, one piece looks freaking awesome this week as usual. can't wait for the chapter.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:40 AM
There's a funny face in one of the panels that's best described as a cross between Kuma and Iva's faces. :XD He/she is wearing a pair of black shades. Anybody, know who it is? It can't be Yasopp!? :err It doesn't look right to me.

So the PX's have returned. -_-; Great news.

Lyn685
March 23, 2010, 07:40 AM
Cobys epic speech is epic!

hy4k
March 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
the marines are screwed

the blackbeard crew is fighting sengoku and garp with a view to killing them, and when blackbeard wants to achieve something he achieves it. this isn't scared blackbeard, this is "i want to achieve my dream" blackbeard

the admirals are facing off against a yonkou, 2 revolutionaries (inclusing a commander), a shichibukai and two yonkou crews. betweeen them beckman, lucky roux, yassopp, marco, vista and jozu could put up a good fight against the admirals. now they are absolutely going to destroy them

BurninDarkness
March 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
maan all these random developments are fine but im really gettin tired of waitin an end for all this.
i think it might easily take 5 more chapters for things to settle down and even that might not be enuf
WHEN IS THIS GOIN TO END

beastboy
March 23, 2010, 07:44 AM
i agree with you wtf is going .. all the badass characters showing up just in this war .. what the hell we gonna see in another 500 chapter if there will be... now the only thing is to wait dragon appear and then bye bye one piece you reached the limit ... in this 5 chapter in a row are happening magic things in one piece like shanks appearing in the battle while he was fighting with kaidu the yonkou ... no way to win so fast ...

Well I guess more than 16 hours is enough to stop some one from going somewhere...
And in the anime they said it was a quick battle... I know the anime doesn't matters but its always another thing to add!

RichardMNixon
March 23, 2010, 07:46 AM
someone stop kizaru.. is that benn beckment? or yassop?

I was hoping Lucky Roux would shoot him in the face Chapter 1 style.

PaPiPuPePo~
March 23, 2010, 07:46 AM
Coby nice speech just awesome
Go Coby <3

p.s i really miss in those moments the strawhats members T_T

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:47 AM
Yep. The BB pirates are getting owned by Sengoku but I get the feeling that San Juan will rescue them all and flee Marineford. Damn you Kizaru! :nerve Now I'm curious to know how Law will escape. Garp Vs. Shiryuu soon? :blink

Lord.Strife
March 23, 2010, 07:51 AM
Actually I have no idea what war you could be talking about, but ALL wars end with the deaths of their leaders. Sure, there's some treaties in there were the leaders don't die, but a very very large majority of wars are simply killing off the leader and then taking what is left.

Of course, this is not a war. It's the police versus a bunch of criminals, so I do get your point that the leaders do not dictate the success or loss of the battle.

This doesn't mean I want to watch 5-10 chapters of escaping. Enies Lobby had, sort-of, 2 chapters of escape. That was enough, it was a perfect amount to wrap things up after the climax.

Where is the climax of this arc? If you can point to more than 2 bits of the arc, it does not mean "This arc was just that epic". All it means is that this arc had no highlight. Without an obvious highlight, the story is just a continuous string of highlights, thus making all of them seem both superficial and lacking.

I am already over Ace, Whitebeard, Luffy fainting, Kuma being a machine, Garp taking the blow, Ace escaping, Oars Jnr, Luffy's Haki, Akainu's introduction and subsequent destruction and Sengoku's master plan. These are all "highlights", but because none of them stand out, we are unable to really attach ourselves to any of them. The immersion (feeling of being caught up entirely in a scene/chapter/story) has been lost.

For reference: I was not over Going Merry's death for at least 50 chapters after it happened. I could still read it and be sad. I could read Ace dying again and feel almost nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War
read factors ending a war

Cobys opinion is a more modern approach to ending a war compared to Akainu. But in reality they have only won a battle not the war. Akainu way is more realistic. There is no war if everyone from the opposing side is eradicated.

Well its a bit offtopic so i won't say anymore on this.

dikwetz
March 23, 2010, 07:52 AM
Epic !

Oda is able of everything. So many questions to be answered, and he still brings more of them, and we all know he will find a way to explain all of it in a flash.

benelori
March 23, 2010, 07:52 AM
Nice spoilers...though I could've expected this, it's not such a surprise...after that meeting with WB, Shanks probably got a general idea of what will happen if Ace was to be caught...
If law can desintegrate Kizaru than Law will escape, but I still expect the Kid pirates to appear...
Akainu has little hopes, he will get defeated, Shanks is a Haoshoku Haki user

Shiro-kun
March 23, 2010, 07:54 AM
I hoped Shanks wouldnt intefered , its only prolonging this war

Its Three war anyways ,
BB Crew
WB Crew and allies (now Shanks)
The Marines and Shichibukai

I just want Shanks to force a end to the battle not prolong it ..such as holding out The Marine forces for the WB pirate Survivors to finally escape

Coby's speech was pacifistic but gutsy sincer, saddly it only drew the ire of Akainu if Shanks wasnt there he would be dead

benelori
maan all these random developments are fine but im really gettin tired of waitin an end for all this.
i think it might easily take 5 more chapters for things to settle down and even that might not be enuf
WHEN IS THIS GOIN TO END
Yeah...this fight is great and all, but I'd rather see how this New World will be formed, though I think the outcome of this battle will definitely influence it

I wanna see Zoro

beastboy
About all the guys screaming this is just another Cameo, and that next will be Dragon and Kizaru's brother in law:
-Only 2 people joined the war:
1- To save Luffy
2- To stop the massacre, the marines won and were killing the ones left, Shanks saw that, and joined so the pirates could escape, and ended up picking is mugiwara!!

Now that shanks here, he will simply send an Haki overload and carry every pirate to a ship... :3

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
LOL! Haki overload! :XD

I hope so. Shanks will aid the pirates and save them! :shakefist
I want to see more of Bepo's martial arts. Especially, that karate kid pose (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090503131824/onepiece/images/a/ad/Bepo.jpg)! :D

So it looks like it's Shanks Vs. Akainu, Kizaru Vs. Law & co and Aokiji against the WB pirates, maybe?

beastboy
March 23, 2010, 08:00 AM
In about 10 chaps we will be in the new world...
the next cover story is for the post MHQ arc... so I guess the next chapter will be the last of the actual war...
And there will be no more Cameo's (other wise I wouldn't like it)

@Bitman
Are you complaining that this war has so much epic points that you forget about the majority of them??

plex
March 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
Shanks?, OMG I'm speechless, didn't see that coming!
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7417/awesome2.jpghttp://img251.imageshack.us/img251/663/awesome1.jpg

PaPiPuPePo~
March 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
sorry when i ask XD whats a Cameo o.o

maybe shanks use haki then everyone get unconscious then run xD so the war end =X new world we coming XD

deffkryz
March 23, 2010, 08:07 AM
That's the flow how to tell great stories... Even if this is just a "character show off". Shanks' entrance fits and is great as Law's was...

TwEeD
Its Three war anyways ,
BB Crew
WB Crew and allies (now Shanks)
The Marines and Shichibukai

Euh no, it's 1 war with 3 fractions

sarutobi_sensei
an appearance of a character.

Normally a cameo is only to show what a character is doing like when we saw Rayleigh drinking. that was a cameo. This isn't a cameo cause we're sure to see Shanks a lot more on the next chapters x)

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 08:08 AM
OMG! We might actually see Mihawk against Shanks! Even if both are unwilling to fight each other! :nuts

Shiro-kun
March 23, 2010, 08:09 AM
Euh no, it's 1 war with 3 fractions
:blink
nice correction (it was suppose to be three way war ....i forgot way ...)

anyways ..

there needs to be cooldoown , this arc has already reached its climax does anyonen want to see the end anytime soon?

frontaLobotomy
March 23, 2010, 08:17 AM
Wow.. Shanks arrived, and saved Coby no less. It'll be interesting to see how powerful haoshoku is when mastered. We'll also get some more insight to the power of the Red Haired Pirates, they looked pretty strong in the Romance Dawn chapter.
Don't be suprised if more pirates show up to help out. I'd be willing to bet that Kid and Drake would go to Marineford to get in on the action. Plus if Teach gets the upper hand, you have to wonder if any of the Shichibukai will betray the Government.. Well, more so than normal in any case. A good chapter though, Luffy isn't going to get away that easily it would seem.

ranigurung
March 23, 2010, 08:19 AM
why the hell grap doing nothing ... i thought at list grap will kill bb ..... he is no where to found... why they call him hero if he is not doing anything.... or is his heartbroken from ace die luffy hurt ........zzzzzzzzz i wanna see at list grap kick bb ass..
ohh shanks show up .... end the war i am tired of war ......i miss SH crew

panasit
March 23, 2010, 08:21 AM
Coby is getting one hell of a heroic treatment. I wonder if Oda planned this from the beginning or was this influenced by the letters he got from when Coby was first seen abandoning his post.

Anyway, good call.

Romanov D Paul
March 23, 2010, 08:22 AM
Well, I guess everyone read the final line of the spoiler, Shanks is not there to join the fray, but simply to put an end to the strife, plain and simple. In so doing, he also pick his old strawhat so that in the future he will be able to give it back to Luffy, even if it's unclear WHEN this is gonna happen. Could be now or later, but it's no big deal after all. Everyone know that Luffy's gonna keep it, since everyone in the world knows him by "Strawhat Luffy", he will not lend him over to Shanks easily so some strife on this matter is inevitable. And again, Shanks is here just to remind everyone that it's no use pushing things further then they went. Ace was killed, even Blackbeard had what he want, right now there is no reason for those guys to keep fighting, escpecialy those who lack the monstrous power that right now is being showed. Seems like little Coby understood it, and Shanks as well. I didn't expected him to appear now but the Mugiwara laying on the gruond last chapter was a good hint. After all, he is one of the man who controls the New World like an emperor, according to the five elder stars, and the younkou are not traited as common pirates out there, they are SUPER POWERS OF THE WORLD, along the WG and the SB, wich means that Shanks knows that is appearence will lead the Marine to think very deeply about keeping fighting after witnessing his arrival on the battllefield demanding for truce.

clark12kent
March 23, 2010, 08:25 AM
Epic chapter after epic chapters.. Oda is amazing.. Just throw Naruto and Bleach... The manga world can survive with One piece alone.. One piece=Awesomeness

THM Nindo
March 23, 2010, 08:25 AM
That's nice!!!
I wasn't expecting Shanks at all!!

And Luffy will finally see him again (if he wake up before Shanks leave again)!
And I guess this answer the question regarding "Who will bring back his strawhat to Luffy"! :tem

PS:
Akainu attacking Coby!?! What a douche! I hate this guy!

PaPiPuPePo~
March 23, 2010, 08:27 AM
that will be cool
when the strawhats appear and scream CAPTAIN XD
and
it will be so funny when all pirates all Revolutionary from the NW join the war XD uhhhh marine is going to lose they cant handle so much people =P

clark12kent
March 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
Marine are so desperate to kill Luffy.. What will be his bounty if he gets away..?

Xenos3421
March 23, 2010, 08:31 AM
SHANKS!!! It's been waaay too long.

sooo cool!

It looks like shanks is holding off akainu and beckman is staring Kizaru down.
Aggggghh! *foam out mouth*

ocajavati
March 23, 2010, 08:32 AM
Oh.... damn.

Now that is unexpected. Completely unexpected.

Also makes Shanks seem a bit bad with the whole timing thing. If he arrived earlier...

the marines are screwed

the blackbeard crew is fighting sengoku and garp with a view to killing them, and when blackbeard wants to achieve something he achieves it. this isn't scared blackbeard, this is "i want to achieve my dream" blackbeard

the admirals are facing off against a yonkou, 2 revolutionaries (inclusing a commander), a shichibukai and two yonkou crews. betweeen them beckman, lucky roux, yassopp, marco, vista and jozu could put up a good fight against the admirals. now they are absolutely going to destroy them

Blackbeard also thought he could solo a half-dead Whitebeard with Yami Yami no Mi.

beastboy
March 23, 2010, 08:36 AM
I guess he didn't arrive earlier cause he would hurt WB's pride... but with WB's death he has to stop the war before everyone gets killed... :3

dsr
March 23, 2010, 08:37 AM
OMGOMGOMG!!!
WE ARE all crying like sissies because Shanks has arrived!
WTF! LOL!
That's collective hysteria.

ocajavati
March 23, 2010, 08:38 AM
I guess he didn't arrive earlier cause he would hurt WB's pride... but with WB's death he has to stop the war before everyone gets killed... :3

Perhaps, but it seems odd that he would let his old captain's son die for the sake of another's pride.

Mihawk is probably slowly leaving the field without being seen (he apologized for attacking Luffy, did he not?), with Buggy pissing himself all over the sky.

Auditore
March 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
so marco will join shanks crew

will shanks talk to Ruffy and give him the Straw hat back?

He will cheer him up or he give someone a message for Ruffy.

Zehahaha
March 23, 2010, 08:40 AM
SHANKS FTW !
Damn it, didn't expect to see him at all, and he looks AWESOME !
And looks like BB bastard is still fighting Sengoku, and want even to crush Sengoku and Garp...
Anyway, nice spoilers, can't wait to see the chapter !

hy4k
Blackbeard also thought he could solo a half-dead Whitebeard with Yami Yami no Mi.

bwahaha so true

still i expect him to put up a hell of a fight, and all he needs is one more good shot to sink marineford

beastboy
I bet he didn't know that Ace was is captain's father till Sengoku said so... I wouldn't hurt a ol'friend (rival) pride just for the sake of some one I don't even know (ok, a guy that I met once)!

falco_dergento
March 23, 2010, 08:41 AM
Finally! have been expecting Shanks to appear for like 10 chapters??

Does it mean he has defeated Kadou?

I wonder whether we got to see Shanks' crews fighting, the last time we saw them fighting was, err, in the 1st chapter?

hamad138
March 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
bye bye akainu :bye

maxikki
March 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
holy smokes!!! this is getting better, i thought that other rookies were going to appear but shanks takes the cake. also coby almost got killed by akinu, if he survives this then other soldiers might start calling him Coby the pacifist or something like that sine he wants the war to end and he might start some special training with garp. on one of the pictures it showed garp when coby was about to be killed by akainu. either way this is an epic chapter, wonder what is buggy going to say when he sees shanks after a long time.

Shisu
March 23, 2010, 08:45 AM
Good to see Shanks again.
Does he and Rayleigh do have some kind of relationship? They really do resemble each other a lot.

gesgift
March 23, 2010, 08:46 AM
Good to see Shanks again.
Does he and Rayleigh do have some kind of relationship? They really do resemble each other a lot.

They were crewmates, remember?

deffkryz
March 23, 2010, 08:47 AM
Come to think of it... that's the first time we're seeing Shanks entering the scene without a smile.

The only way to stop the war is to forcefully stop the fights?

Well. He probably doesn't have a "talk into peace no jutsu", does he?

At first I thought it was Robin too. I'm pretty sure it's Tagashi though. :s

Yeah, you can mix both of them since she was shown after Enies Lobby. Tashigi :p looks a lot like robin.

Chapter 600 isn't that far away...

Fuck yes! Coby being a man and Shanks kicking ass!

Well, apparently even Garp is surprised. But where's Helmeppo? T_T

I was starting to get worried about the Straw Hat after Crocodile sent them away.

BTW, Akainu owned him?

ArchitectOFate
March 23, 2010, 08:52 AM
Damn, i knew Shanks would appear, but i was really hoping he would come in on a 1 man pussy wagon of a boat, instead of his normal ship, just to add to the epicness, but still wow :jawdrop

Shisu
March 23, 2010, 08:53 AM
They were crewmates, remember?

tbh, I don't. :p

But okay, if they were crewmates, they can't be father - son. Forget what I said. xD

deffkryz
March 23, 2010, 08:53 AM
But now, the characters showing up have nothing to do with the war...

Shanks has nothing to do with the war? He predicted this war, prevented Kaidou from intercepting Whitebeard - so he's the reason why the WB crew was able to even reach Marineford right in time.

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 08:55 AM
Well, apparently even Garp is surprised. But where's Helmeppo? T_T

He's on the chapter making a buggy face for Coby.

Damn, i knew Shanks would appear, but i was really hoping he would come in on a 1 man pussy wagon of a boat, instead of his normal ship, just to add to the epicness, but still wow :jawdrop
God if he appeared on a one man boat :jawdrop

But I wanna see his crew fighting.

ocajavati
March 23, 2010, 08:55 AM
I bet he didn't know that Ace was is captain's father till Sengoku said so... I wouldn't hurt a ol'friend (rival) pride just for the sake of some one I don't even know!

Nah, he has to have already knew about it for a while.

That's probably the reason why he asked Whitebeard to pull Ace back.

Wait... or it could be because he's Luffy's brother.

Ahh, now I'm confused.

facade
March 23, 2010, 08:57 AM
wooohoooo...shanks is here...:wtf::wtf::wtf:

chess4
March 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
the real strawhat is on the scene.

gold349
tbh, I don't. :p

But okay, if they were crewmates, they can't be father - son. Forget what I said. xD

they was on Rogers ship, Raleigh as Rogers left hand man and Shanks including Buggy as apprentices...a little bit of their relationship was shown in strong world chapter.

Epic, Shanks has made his appearance...was thinking Luffy had dropped/left his hat back and how it would be returned to him, all is good as Shanks himself has come to retrieve it:).

Ilesyt

So what, you think the WB pirates should just give up and surrender now that WB is dead ?
Then what ? What do you think will happen to them ? Maybe on the side of the Marines that if their leader died they would give up and this war would end, but the WB pirates aren't hired mercenaries, they can't just give up and surrender. And it's not like if they lay down their weapons that the Marines will let them go ? Obviously they need to retreat safely from there, and that is when the war will have ended.
Face the facts, now that Ace and WB are dead, the WB pirates are in a huge disadvantage, and not only that.
And don't forget about Luffy, they're all protecting Luffy so he can safely escape.
Haven't you seen Akainu, he's totally frantic to kill Luffy, it's not like he'll just let them go.

with the disadvantage the WB pirates have, they totally needed the help from someone strong. Someone like Shanks (not that I actually predicted he would come), But now that Shanks is here I think the WB pirates can retreat faster and safer from the battlefield.

The element of Shanks entering the War (to end it) isn't a factor that wil lenghten the war but will actually shorten it.

And I don't think anyone else will come.

ALSO, some of you have think that with the appearance of Shanks and BB abd everything we will have less and less to look forward to for the next chapters.
To me it sounds like you guys don't have much faith in Oda.
Has Oda disappointed us yet ? I don't think so (atleast not to me and a lot of you guys too).
And I don't think he will disappoint is in the future either.
Just have faith in him, he has been twisting story enough that your predictions are worth nothing, or almost to nothing atleast.

Edit: And I don't think Shanks is going to die. He has the so called "plot armour" around him.

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 09:03 AM
Damn, I'm glad that Shanks is here but - hey - Oda has been killing off a lot of great characters lately, I just hope that Shanks won't join them (Ace and Whitebeard - may they rest in peace)
And it doesn't seem to me like it's time for BB being crushed yet... I wonder how it will end like.... I just hope that Shanks doesn't die > <

Ashura_Ichibugin
March 23, 2010, 09:08 AM
I certainly didn't expect two entrances in two consecutive chapters, let alone the appearance of Shanks. If you say you come to end the war, either you kick serious ass, or you are just talk (and we know Shanks isn't).

Btw, Akainu continues to try Garp's patience.

monkey D luffy
March 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
mugiwara no shanks!!!!! we havent seen him for a very long time. so he can just stop akainu with one hend and save a marine from another marine. nice!

Charlie
March 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
Coby was saved because he is going to be what Grap was to Roger, when Luffy becomes the next Pirate King.

Finally Shanks arrives. I forget how many chapters it was when I predicted shanks or Dragon coming but finally one of the big league players have arrived.

Shanks picking up the straw-hat was pure epic-ness. :occa

goldb
March 23, 2010, 09:16 AM
Damn, I'm glad that Shanks is here but - hey - Oda has been killing off a lot of great characters lately, I just hope that Shanks won't join them (Ace and Whitebeard - may they rest in peace)
And it doesn't seem to me like it's time for BB being crushed yet... I wonder how it will end like.... I just hope that Shanks doesn't die > <

Non!!!! Shanks won't die, neither will any of the admirals. WB and Ace's deaths are justified because for the New Era to begin, the last remnant of the previous had to die and that's WB. As for Ace, I think he's served his purpose and his storyline was taken as far as possible.

I'm somewhat not very excited that Shanks is here, I was hoping the WB pirates and co. would deal with the situation themselves, but I guess it was too much for them. At first I thought he came alone, I was gonna say that's a bit much, but seeing Ben Beckman there pulling a gun to Kizaru. I think knowing Shanks, he won't want to fight unless provoked so he'll probably tell the marines that wha'ts done is done, and now he's gonna help the pirates escape, if they try anything, I think the Red-Haired Pirates will give them a tougher time than WB pirates

Uriel
March 23, 2010, 09:17 AM
Coby was saved because he is going to be what Grap was to Roger, when Luffy becomes the next Pirate King.
That's Smoker.

Coby will play a different major role.

TwEeD
March 23, 2010, 09:22 AM

I have a feeling he'll rather become something Garp couldn't achieve: leader of a new Marine organization upholding the true justice. And he'll probably be godparent of Luffy and Hancock's child :P

Wale
March 23, 2010, 09:23 AM
Coby will be without doubt a good marine. Not such an idiot, like Akainu is, more like Garp the Hero.

frankfreddy
March 23, 2010, 09:26 AM
how shank's sword able to stop akainu's puch? Did it made from the stone that weaker the devil fruit ability?

Grizz
March 23, 2010, 09:26 AM
Non!!!! Shanks won't die, neither will any of the admirals. WB and Ace's deaths are justified because for the New Era to begin, the last remnant of the previous had to die and that's WB. As for Ace, I think he's served his purpose and his storyline was taken as far as possible.

I'm somewhat not very excited that Shanks is here, I was hoping the WB pirates and co. would deal with the situation themselves, but I guess it was too much for them. At first I thought he came alone, I was gonna say that's a bit much, but seeing Ben Beckman there pulling a gun to Kizaru. I think knowing Shanks, he won't want to fight unless provoked so he'll probably tell the marines that what's done is done, and now he's gonna help the pirates escape, if they try anything, I think the Red-Haired Pirates will give them a tougher time than WB pirates

Yeah to be honest am sort of glad that shanks appeared because the WB pirates were getting battered and it was getting embarrassing, for a crew which is known throughout the world like them, it was a bit too much for them still.. But yeah i agree i dont think shanks will start fighting unless he has been provoked, so were most likely to see a lot of talking next chapter and akainu being a bully as usual wanting to continue fighting, but i think that sengoku might come to his senses stop the war.. But it's good to see the Red Hair pirates again..

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 23, 2010, 09:27 AM
nice . but shanks fans dont expect him to be involved in a fight he clearly said he wants this to end .

TwEeD
March 23, 2010, 09:31 AM
how shank's sword able to stop akainu's puch? Did it made from the stone that weaker the devil fruit ability?

Probably because it's infused with Haki, bit like the arrows the Amazon Lily Warriors use, they're much stronger too

Uriel
March 23, 2010, 09:31 AM
We have already saw how some inanimate objects can be charged with Haki.

knivez
March 23, 2010, 09:33 AM
SHAAAAAAAANKS !

Nonlife
March 23, 2010, 09:39 AM
Now I can't wait for next week to find out how Shanks is going to end this war. We'll probably find out what DF ability he has. (Yeah, two of the Yonkou's have confirmed DFs already: WB and the "Gold Lion" from movie 10)

Simply put, I'd have to use a great "man's" quote to give my opinion on this chapter:
"Oh yeah, sh*t just got real up in this b*tch." (Nappa of TeamFourStar from guest appearance on Yugioh Abridged 39)

Gol.D.Roger
March 23, 2010, 09:39 AM
OMFG SHANKS!!!

Total Epic Awesomeness.. haha.. does this mean he kicked the other Yonkou's ass?

I hope Garp gives BB the thrashing of a life time; he fought equally with Gol.D.Roger at his prime... I hope he puts BB in his place.

Ilesyt
March 23, 2010, 09:41 AM
Gold Lion Shiki / Kinjishi no Shiki isn't a yonkou :/

TonyTonyChopper
March 23, 2010, 09:43 AM
ha... Shanks!!! in order to end this war.. kill them all!!!

Igniel
March 23, 2010, 09:48 AM
Shanks arrival was epic, IMO. However, I see much more fighting before this ends, as Shanks put it. BB is in a destructive mood, the admirals seem hell-bent on continuing to fight/go after Luffy and the Pacifistas (according to the spoiler) are now present again.

Luffy should get away at this point, however I see him leaving with Shanks somehow.

SenninSage
Holy crap, Shanks! What an awesome way to make an entrance and to proclaim that he's going to end the war! He even picks up Luffy's hat aka his old hat, hehe.

Then to state that he's going to end the war? That's a very big statement, but I have a really strange feeling that he and his crew, but especially Shanks, are powerful enough to do it.

I wonder if he'll make an attempt on BlackBeard at all?

I want to see Garp tear into BlackBeard so badly. I suspect that what Coby just did may pave the way for him to one day become a marine and potentially hold not just the title of Admiral, but Sengoku's title as well.

Ero-Sanji
Shanks appeared which means he stopped Kaidou and he seems to be undamaged as well. Shanks is great!

Btw who's the one pointing his gun against Kizaru, beckman? I would really appreciate that. I've always wanted to know how he and the chubby one fights.

I think this also settles is Coby will become the Supreme Admiral while Luffy is the Pirate king.

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 09:50 AM
shanks appears ... good bye marines

and ... up next ... dragon :P

shanks showed up ... which a lot of people thought was impossible ... i won't be surprised if dragon shows up last :D
[hr]

Shanks appeared which means he stopped Kaidou and he seems to be undamaged as well. Shanks is great!

Btw who's the one pointing his gun against Kizaru, beckman? I would really appreciate that. I've always wanted to know how he and the chubby one fights.

or ... after a few battles here and there ... kaidou will appear to finish them off while they let the WB pirates escape he he he

Realtwisted
March 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
OH my GOD , we going to see a remacht , Blackbeard vs Shank,

FyreFistAce
March 23, 2010, 09:57 AM
To me, i think all the different characters that showed up during this war is a good thing. I see this as the middle of the OP story. All the old characters are being shown which makes way for new characters in the New World. It also shows us the caliber of pirates in the new world.

I think Coby is going to become a mugiwara and he will defeat Akainu in the future. Absolute Justice v.s. Real justice.

tusharthegamer
March 23, 2010, 10:00 AM
OMFGGGG shanks stopped akainu...what happened to kaidou

Dice
March 23, 2010, 10:01 AM
Woah awesome....didn't read everything...but awesome....someone wrote that it would be hilarious if shanks shows up and picks up the hat and I thought that it would be nice and...yeah :D
Well anybody had to pick it up. That Shanks is the one suits quite well^^

winterwyrm
March 23, 2010, 10:03 AM
I wonder if he'll make an attempt on BlackBeard at all?

I have a feeling shanks isn't there to fight the marines at all, and is, in fact there to take care of bb exclusively. It seems like shanks is very concerned about blackbeard, and has been since they fought years ago. If you look at the meeting between him and wb, it seems like he regards bb as a serious danger, and has a good grasp of his disastrous potential.

Also, how audacious is bb being here? It seems like he is completely unafraid of the combined powers of garp and sengoku; I'm strangely reminded of the fight between luffy and crocodile for some reason.

hy4k
March 23, 2010, 10:03 AM
the one thing we know about shanks is that he's pragmatic. he wont pick a fight unless he has to, he foresaw that ace going after teach would be a clusterfuck. he is incrcrdibly smart

he said he'd end the war, so he'll end it

Junior
March 23, 2010, 10:04 AM
....Shanks appears out of nowhere and stops Akainu's magma fist with a sword?

Sorry, I - I think I just.....why are my boxers wet?

All jokes aside, this is awesome.

I hope we get to see what Shanks can do but he better not die.

I have accepted Ace and Whitebeard dying. I've even accepted Blackbeard having two Devil Fruits.

I dunno if I can accept Shanks dying.

The whole "Checks-and-Balances" thing in terms of world power is starting to crumble as it is.

airius
March 23, 2010, 10:06 AM
SHANKS!!!!! H*LL YEAH!!!!!!!!

minimz
March 23, 2010, 10:18 AM
If this is Oda's way of making up for ace and wb's death, then IT WORKED! I will still remember whitebeards standing death, and how big it was, and how ace died with the one regret of not seeing luffy accomplish his dream/ how sad it was, but I was depressed that the so called red (opposite of green in terms of red lights over here) marines had the upper hand. Shanks is too cool........ even though i'm sure he'll end the war, i still hope he finishes akainu, probably with the help of some wb pirates, so they don't look bad for not being able to take down one admirable.

There are suppose to be heaps of big players in this war, it was warned of so long ago as being a big event, which it no doubt is. In my opinion, the bigger it is, the better! Because if the history of the manga has told me anything, it won't run out of fuel! (and to those that think this may shadow the events of other stuff, imo, those were bigger, it's just this has got our attention because we're curious. After the war, there will be many things to remember, and I'm sure that all the big events will forever be stained in our minds =D)

KnuckleheadedNinja
March 23, 2010, 10:19 AM
FINALLY, Shanks arrives. I have been waiting for this since the war began.

roguehavoc
March 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
SHANKS!!!:D
Well seeing him makes you feel numb after WB's death and all other craziness, this arc was supposed to end.
But Oda sensei wants to have some more fun and if this war continues(not possible) we may see even Dragon and Gourusei:p

Toxic_
March 23, 2010, 10:25 AM
BRAVO to the dude that said "wouldnt it be cool if shanks picks up luffy's lost hat"
bravo!!!!

SenninSage
March 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
Wow, anyone who attempts to attack Luffy right now will not succeed at all haha.

Can you guys just imagine what Shanks could do next chapter should anyone approach Luffy? I wonder what he'll think of BlackBeard having WhiteBeard's ability.

What will Akainu try now, what can he do now that Shanks and his crew has arrived? Didn't he have a battle against another Pirate Lord? He looks like came out of that one fairly unhurt. Shank's role in this overall story and his influence on Luffy has never been in doubt, and to have learned that he rose to become such an insanely powerful and famous pirate was an awesome surprise. I actually believe that what we may have with Shank is a pirate who could be the most powerful or in the top 2 of most powerful pirates, but wishes not to push further. I have a strong feeling that, if he wanted, he could easily elevate himself to the title of ruler of the seas or even Pirate King, but he decided instead to make a bet on Luffy being bigger and better than anyone, even himself.

Shanks is now here to protect that investment he made in Luffy so long ago, the very same investment he told Whitebeard about. He's also playing a quiet role that I believe he has always maintained with regards to Luffy. He's sorta like a relative of Luffy's, he's like an uncle to him.

Junior
March 23, 2010, 10:28 AM
Oda is so badass.

He killed of two of the best characters in the series and can STILL bring out exciting characters to spare.

Just when everyone was so distraught about the death of Whitebeard and Ace, Shanks shows up and everyone is happy again.

yellowblue
March 23, 2010, 10:32 AM
Shanks appearing might be planned way before the war during WB and Shanks meeting. He is a backup force in case WB crew needs to retreat and BB appears. I hope Shanks won't die though. No wonder Luffy's hat is left on the ground last week :) Kudos to those who predicted that Shanks will appear.

panasit
March 23, 2010, 10:34 AM
We may get a Blackbeard and Shank flashback. At first I didn't think the 3 head skull thing will get explained anytime soon, but now that Shank is here, I think the entire Blackbeard history won't be held back anymore.

Marche
March 23, 2010, 10:39 AM
Great chapter.
The Strawhat has returned to its legitimate owner (and it will remain with Shanks).
In effects Shanks is one of the little than could give strength to Rufy, because surely Rufy will be desperate.
And he together with to Hancock and to Rayleigh and I also think about the revolutionary army will help Rufy to rejoin with his crew.
And I don't think than the one who is shooting to Kizaru is Benn Beckman, is a bit different from "WB and Shanks meeting" (also if that is his gun).
It will be wonderful to see the reaction that Shanks will have in the next chapter (580) when he will see Buggy and when he will know than Ace was Roger's son (I think than He will kill Akainu).
I hope than He will go from Rufy, and I also think (if Rufy will escape immediately with Law) than Shanks will give a Law his Vivre Card (obviously his Vivre Card will be for Rufy).
I think than will be wonderful if Garp and Shanks will speak of the fact than Ace is Roger's son and also of when Shanks rescued Rufy.
Anyways if Law will not be saved by some Shank's submitted (Benn Beckman or Yasopp), perhaps (I hope this) Hancock will stop Kizaru's attack (also because She has something to do with the Tenryuubito), and after that She will leave with Rufy (so perhaps She will know than "Bart" was a slave and was freed by Rufy (I also hope than Jimbei has somethiing to do with Tiger's fisher, perhaps Jimbei is his brother).
Anyways great what Koby say (and also the Tashigi part).
Considering than in the "raw" we can see than Garp is impressed by Koby's words, for this I think than He will understand than this is not justige, and so He will choose Rufy.
Therefore I think than He will kill Akainu from behind and He will betray the Navy (even if perhaps Hancock will kill him (if She won't fight Kizaru) or perhaps as I have said already, the one who will kill Akainu will be Shanks (I am sure however that Akainu will die)).
In the next chapter I think that we will also know as ended "Shanks-Kaidou."

KnuckleheadedNinja
March 23, 2010, 10:43 AM
I hope Shanks rip Akainu a new one.

I want Akainu's head and i sure as hell hope Shanks take it in the next few chapter. Or maybe it will be more fitting for Luffy to be to the one to do that later on.

1nfamous
March 23, 2010, 10:44 AM
.. . gOda just made my whole day, while I'm in class.

Shanks has arrived and he even picked up his own hat. Awesome.

I think Shanks showing up makes Luffy a bigger threat to the world government, because all the pirates are protecting luffy at this point shows the whole world how important luffy is. Whitebeard himself, WB pirates, Jimbei, IVA, Inazuma, Crocodile, Boa, and now SHANKS comes himself. Even Mihawk acknowledges luffy as someone great.

I wanna see Mihawks face expression right about now, after seeing Shanks.

Is luffy really safe now? I'm not sure Shanks could take on 3 admirals. Don't get me wrong, shanks must be strong, but 3 at once is insane. Aojki is now going to do something, and where is Kizaru? hes been gone for awhile now?

moonster x
March 23, 2010, 10:46 AM
when kizaru realise there is red hair pirate his face look like..waahh..this is troublesome... why are they here?

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 10:52 AM
Shanks showing up is pretty insane. And i have a feeling that Colby may not have much of a future with the Marines after this, at least not if Akainu is still around. And once again, the Straw Hate is safe and back in the hands of Shanks.

dsr
March 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
I think Shanks won't do that much to sweep Luffy's problem.
A kid can't become a man if someone else solve his problems.
So Shanks will do the less he can, because he RESPECTS Luffy and BELIEVES in him.

PaPiPuPePo~
March 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
i bet with you guys
when akainu attacks coby he definitively aim cobys chest XD

Oni Giri
March 23, 2010, 11:02 AM
shanks showing up is awesome.i can't wait to see buggy's face.

gold349
March 23, 2010, 11:07 AM
Shanks showing up is pretty insane. And i have a feeling that Colby may not have much of a future with the Marines after this, at least not if Akainu is still around. And once again, the Straw Hate is safe and back in the hands of Shanks.

Garp I think will be happy with Coby if anyone else isn't at least, Garp being his mentor will applause Coby comments/reaction to this, its not like Sengoku and Gaarp hadn't already kinda accepted the situation. At WB giving his own life, staying back allowing Ace to go Grap and Sengoku was ok with that result HERE (www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/573/05/) though marines like Akainu around who knows how they'd react but if an 'order' was given then they would have to follow it IMO.

tiberiuscg
March 23, 2010, 11:11 AM
Shanks saying a single hi to buggy will skyrocket buggys reputation.

edit: Also I wonder when buggy will keep his feet in a safe place before fighting.

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 11:16 AM
That's Smoker.

Coby will play a different major role.

Nah, it's gonna be Coby. Smoker will be like the Fleet Admiral or something.

Haki.

Shanks saying a single hi to buggy will skyrocket buggys reputation.

edit: Also I wonder when buggy will keep his feet in a safe place before fighting.

XD I can imagine, no, see the reactions already xD
[hr]
But damn, Shanks looks pissed! O_O

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 11:21 AM
Garp I think will be happy with Coby if anyone else isn't at least, Garp being his mentor will applause Coby comments/reaction to this, its not like Sengoku and Gaarp hadn't already kinda accepted the situation. At WB giving his own life, staying back allowing Ace to go Grap and Sengoku was ok with that result HERE (www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/573/05/) though marines like Akainu around who knows how they'd react but if an 'order' was given then they would have to follow it IMO.

Well Garp and Sengoku may have accepted the fact that WB and his era is over, but none of them ever said anything about the war ending with his death. Colby on the other hand seems to be defying orders at this time. No order was given to stop fighting or to leave Luffy alone now that Ace and WB are dead. Yet Colby seems to have taken the initiative to try and stop this war himself. So in this situation Colby seems to be in the "wrong" and Akainu in the "right". Because one is still fighting until he is told otherwise, while the other has decided to stop fighting on his own accord. But Colby doing this may be an insignificant blip unless Akainu takes more interest in it after the war. Although i doubt that Garp will allow Akainu to touch Colby, especially after he killed Ace. I wouldn't be to surprised if Colby decided to leave the Marines after seeing how things really are.

neuaelr
March 23, 2010, 11:27 AM
I highly doubt Coby would leave the marines after this. Simply put, a long time ago Coby wanted to be a marine who was capable of showing his own sense of justice. We've seen plenty of times Marines doing something similar to coby. We've seen Saul take it into his own intiative even going against Sengoku. We've seen Aokiji letting robin remain free even though he could've taken her after the events at Enies Lobby. Hell, we have even seen Garp let luffy pass (sengoku knows damn well he could've stopped luffy).

Not only did Coby take similar actions, but he's under the influence of Garp, I don't think Sengoku will court martial or execute coby for doing that, if he can survive through Akainu , then he'll survive.

As for a previous post about hoping Shanks keeps the straw hat, it wont' happen, this is something Luffy needs right now, Shanks being there will help luffy recover, and him giving back the straw hat to luffy would really help luffy recover from this traumatic event that he himself is in.

Moogle Mango
March 23, 2010, 11:28 AM
Well Garp and Sengoku may have accepted the fact that WB and his era is over, but none of them ever said anything about the war ending with his death. Colby on the other hand seems to be defying orders at this time. No order was given to stop fighting or to leave Luffy alone now that Ace and WB are dead. Yet Colby seems to have taken the initiative to try and stop this war himself. So in this situation Colby seems to be in the "wrong" and Akainu in the "right". Because one is still fighting until he is told otherwise, while the other has decided to stop fighting on his own accord. But Colby doing this may be an insignificant blip unless Akainu takes more interest in it after the war. Although i doubt that Garp will allow Akainu to touch Colby, especially after he killed Ace. I wouldn't be to surprised if Colby decided to leave the Marines after seeing how things really are.

And severely injured Luffy, Garp's biological grandson.

Shanks.... :hearts So glad he showed up!!

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 11:30 AM
no way are the marines going to win now! shanks has arrived! and im sure he's brought an armada with him (prolly will see in next chapter)

doubt he'd charge in with just his ship

karthikmurs
March 23, 2010, 11:34 AM
See? See???? I told ya Luffy dropping his hat off was a sign..

Oomph up bia***es... SHANKS IS HERE! Woooo hooo.

chitgoks
March 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
lolz, i guess im excited to see that scene in the anime. should be epic

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
I highly doubt Coby would leave the marines after this. Simply put, a long time ago Coby wanted to be a marine who was capable of showing his own sense of justice. We've seen plenty of times Marines doing something similar to coby. We've seen Saul take it into his own intiative even going against Sengoku. We've seen Aokiji letting robin remain free even though he could've taken her after the events at Enies Lobby. Hell, we have even seen Garp let luffy pass (sengoku knows damn well he could've stopped luffy).

Not only did Coby take similar actions, but he's under the influence of Garp, I don't think Sengoku will court martial or execute coby for doing that, if he can survive through Akainu , then he'll survive.

As for a previous post about hoping Shanks keeps the straw hat, it wont' happen, this is something Luffy needs right now, Shanks being there will help luffy recover, and him giving back the straw hat to luffy would really help luffy recover from this traumatic event that he himself is in.

Well Saul did take his own initiative...and was then killed for it. Aokiji on the other hand committed his act privately with no one else knowing about it. While here is Colby, in the middle of a world changing war, defying orders. Even if what he said was "right" it still went against direct orders that everyone else was following. Again though, Colby doing this may be overlooked by everyone other then Akainu because they were all caught up in doing other things. And i doubt that Garp will allow Akainu to kill Colby. But if Sengoku had seen Colby do what he did then i'm pretty sure that Colby would be screwed. So if its just Akainu alone he is safe, but if its prominent figures that also saw him then he may not be so safe.

SharpKnives
March 23, 2010, 11:44 AM
Where does it end with ODA!!

Shanks right after Shirohige, I cant withstand all the awesome. Though there was a gay part. I like coby alot but he just needs to roll with the punches instead of pleading and getting saved by pirates. Even if he is the future of the marines he wanted to join the current marines so put up or shut up. Though I still like him becuase he got heart.

More than anything I want to see Yassop kicking ass with his haki kill pistols or whatever.

superman97
March 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
Best chapter in a while... how many allies does luffy freakin have. After this war Luffy will be capable of asking multiple shichibukai, Shanks and crew, Whitebeards crew, Revolutionary army, Law, Entire Countries (alabasta), for support.

And could Coby possibly be a suprise member of the Strawhats? I am starting to think Luffy will get multiple new crewmates after this war.

Bugzee
March 23, 2010, 11:47 AM
For a moment I forgot that Shanks only has one arm. :darn

I wouldn't mind seeing Shanks clash with Kizaru! Surely, some of the Red Hair Pirates will aid Law now that Kizaru seems to have caught up with them. :s I hope we see Yasopp sniping some marine b**t**ds and it would be a bonus if he got one over Van Auger! :D

joyner
March 23, 2010, 11:51 AM
I hope that Shanks got stronger when he lose his arm. Correct me if I'm wrong, he got his scar when he still got his both arm and BB doesn't have a DF. So logically if Shanks did not improve he will have a hard time in fighting BB.

I'm sure that BB and Shanks will fight in the near future maybe in this battle field or maybe in the new world.

Gats
March 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
This chapter was seriously.....unpredictable.

Shanks coming to end this war, I just hope it won't end to his death :/

dsr
March 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
I don't think Dragon will show up.
He leads revolutions, he tries to free Countries from the WG, and this is the moment when the WG is really weak, so he would be stupid to not take advantage of the moment.

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 11:57 AM
I hope that Shanks got stronger when he lose his arm. Correct me if I'm wrong, he got his scar when he still got his both arm and BB doesn't have a DF. So logically if Shanks did not improve he will have a hard time in fighting BB.

I'm sure that BB and Shanks will fight in the near future maybe in this battle field or maybe in the new world.

We have no idea how Shanks got his scar from BB in the first place. So for all we know BB gave that scar to Shanks after Shanks got done fighting someone and was exhausted/injured and what not. In which case BB could have tried to kill Shanks, but after failing he ran away. So the scar is not a good measurement of strength for either induvidual until we know how it happened.

iKeno
March 23, 2010, 12:03 PM
We have no idea how Shanks got his scar from BB in the first place. So for all we know BB gave that scar to Shanks after Shanks got done fighting someone and was exhausted/injured and what not. In which case BB could have tried to kill Shanks, but after failing he ran away. So the scar is not a good measurement of strength for either induvidual until we know how it happened.

Shanks said he wasn't being careless...might want to re-read that chapter.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 12:04 PM
Dammit, After all the sacrifices I ended up reading the spoilers :nerve
Regarding Shanks entrance and the Hat I've no words literally *speechless* :err (XD)
BlackBeard looks like he's still amazed with his new power, he keeps saying "what an amazing power" over and over. :tem

goldb
March 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
Dammit, After all the sacrifices I ended up reading the spoilers :nerve
Regarding Shanks entrance and the Hat I've no words literally *speechless* :err (XD)
BlackBeard looks like he's still amazed with his new power, he keeps saying "what an amazing power" over and over. :tem

At first I thought it was a typo, but damn it's been 3 chapters or so, we know it's an awesome power so get a grip!!!

CBlitz
March 23, 2010, 12:09 PM
hell yeah, just read the spoilers

epic chapter is epic, good to see Shanks show up. The panel with him picking up Luffy's hat is powerful :)

bopnoh10
March 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
EPIC!! I don't think Shanks will die as he promised Luffy that they'd meet in the new world. One thing I am wondering is whether Luffy will regain consciousness before he is taken away and thus misses the chance to see Shanks.

My guess is that Shanks ends up helping Luffy leave and then departs before Luffy awakes. Luffy searches for his crew, finds them, and then heads to the new world.

HOWEVER, since Robin was freed by the Revolutionary army, it is quite possible that the only way Luffy meets back up with her is by coming into contact with Dragon. I would also love to see Hancock help Luffy. I think a girl who's head-over-heels in love with Luffy is a great addition to the comedy and the entire crew persona.

Marche
March 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
We have no idea how Shanks got his scar from BB in the first place. So for all we know BB gave that scar to Shanks after Shanks got done fighting someone and was exhausted/injured and what not. In which case BB could have tried to kill Shanks, but after failing he ran away. So the scar is not a good measurement of strength for either induvidual until we know how it happened.With this chapter I have see the symbol on Shank's ship (his flag), and that symbol has the scar.
So that means than he had already the scar before to do his crew, I think he got the scar when he was on Roger's ship.
Anyways I think than in the next chapters we will know the way in which I take it.

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 12:14 PM
Shanks said he wasn't being careless...might want to re-read that chapter.

Shanks saying he wasn't being careless could mean a thousand different things. And to think that it means anything close to BB fighting of equal footing with Shanks is beyond ridiculous. I mean we just saw BB nearly get killed by WB it one hit, and i seriously doubt that would ever happen to Shanks. BB is as sneaky and underhanded as they get, and thats the only way i see him giving Shanks his scar. The scar could easily be an implication of BB's deceitfulness more so then anything else.

Spaceman-Spiff
March 23, 2010, 12:15 PM

He could be referring to Sengoku's power.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 12:15 PM

Once in AP I found this
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2918/scar1mudamudanomi.png
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9580/scar2mudamudanomi.png
So, I say he tried to eat him ... But Shanks got out of the situation before it could happen ... http://k41.pbase.com/o4/42/267742/1/58335096.roflmao.gif

MrHim
March 23, 2010, 12:16 PM
hey... it's a ben beckman who aim a target on kizaru... i hope beckman is a man with speed in red haired pirates...

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 12:16 PM
Once in AP I found this
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2918/scar1mudamudanomi.png
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9580/scar2mudamudanomi.png
So, I say he tried to eat him ... But Shanks got out of the situation before it could happen ... http://k41.pbase.com/o4/42/267742/1/58335096.roflmao.gif

Ya maybe BB thought Shanks had a DF or something and tried to get it out of him...or get Shanks into him. lolz

gold349
March 23, 2010, 12:18 PM

from how Sengoku spoke/asked Garp from that page allowing Ace to go, not giving chase I take that as not only allowing Ace to leave their hands but also the WB pirates as a retreat was underway WB made himself the prize also the obstacle in ending the war.

I agree Coby comments/words to people like Akainu won't sit with his kind justice but for people like Garp even maybe Aokoji would be words well said/spoken. Their objective of taking Ace life had been accomplished now giving chase to retreating pirates who have no desire in a fight all the while losing many marines lives who are injured...WB is dead, Ace is dead the WB pirates have lost a captain and a division commander and many more comrades the war has accomplished a lot for the marines more than they could have hoped for, for them all to turn out like Akainu and not care about their own comrade for 'added objectives' they have a bigger problem now than the WB pirates in BB Coby is still young marine its maybe his first real war and it was at a level he wasn't able to handle hard core marines like Akainu I think would be the only ones not to understand.

Manny.F
March 23, 2010, 12:21 PM

Shanks had that scar before he lost the arm and while Teach was still a member of the Whitebeard crew so it can be assumed he got it during one of the many battles between the Roger pirates and Whitebeard pirates. It is safe to assume both have improved greatly since they fought each other in their youth on the Grandline.

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
At first I thought it was a typo, but damn it's been 3 chapters or so, we know it's an awesome power so get a grip!!!
Exactly ... :darn

He could be referring to Sengoku's power.

WTF?? :err it can't be, he's still "tasting" his new power (which is delightful by the way :p) so how can he be interested ... how can he value other people's power when he's not done with the one he has?

well, forget it ... it's just an opinion :)

bopnoh10
I think Shanks is just there to parry the WG from attacking the WB pirates and Luffy. He will probably just tell them to focus on BB bc the WG can't fight on two fronts simultaneously.

Spaceman-Spiff

When Shanks talked to Whitebeard, he said that it was not a cheap shot.

Chapter 434:

Shanks: Whitebeard... I've been through a lot of battle in my life.
I've suffered many wounds and many scars.
But right now...!!
(throb throb...)
The only one that throbs is THIS ONE...!!!

This one was no mark of adventure.
It did not come at the hands of Hawk-Eyes...
This scar was given to me
by YOUR man, "Blackbeard" Teach...!!
And it was not a cheap blow taken by surprise.
Do you understand what I'm saying, Whitebeard?!
He was waiting for his chance... He didn't take a captain's position, he didn't take the fame.
He was spending all of his time hiding in the shadow of your name!!!
And when he gained his power... he struck.
Ultimately, he will seek the very top.
Of his OWN will!!
Eventually, he will even come to steal YOUR position!!

BurninDarkness
March 23, 2010, 12:27 PM
hey bopnoh10

what do u mean by robin was freed bby revolutionaries when the hell did that happen

roymustang86
March 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
hey bopnoh10

what do u mean by robin was freed bby revolutionaries when the hell did that happen

check the cover pages during the Impel Down arc, she frees herself, and the revolutionary army raids the bridge that is being built.

JetPistol
yay i think i see ben beckman in one of the pics

_AceOfSpades_
Shanks saying he wasn't being careless could mean a thousand different things. And to think that it means anything close to BB fighting of equal footing with Shanks is beyond ridiculous. I mean we just saw BB nearly get killed by WB it one hit, and i seriously doubt that would ever happen to Shanks. BB is as sneaky and underhanded as they get, and thats the only way i see him giving Shanks his scar. The scar could easily be an implication of BB's deceitfulness more so then anything else.

let me get this straight...
the situation was as follows:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/12/
Shanks warns WB about BB being a threat...
He emphasizes it through referring to his scar... saying 'it's not like I was careless or anything' - meaning: I was fighting in my usual condition, he still gave me a tough time. The whole meeting between Shanks and WB was supposed to emphasize just how big of a threat BB is... saying that 'it doesn't mean a thing, just that BB is deceitful' is practically against the facts. Shanks is considering BB to be a threat, not only because BB's cunning, but also because of his strength. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of Shanks' lines.
Also, we never saw WB and Shanks going all out against each other. Just some sword-clashing, which might be more of a symbolical thing than serious fighting. Referring to WB owning BB (which might as well have been BB being full of himself and careless for a moment) and assuming 'if it was Shanks, he wouldn't get owned' is beyond ridiculous as well. IMO

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
When Shanks talked to Whitebeard, he said that it was not a cheap shot.

Chapter 434:

Shanks: Whitebeard... I've been through a lot of battle in my life.
I've suffered many wounds and many scars.
But right now...!!
(throb throb...)
The only one that throbs is THIS ONE...!!!

This one was no mark of adventure.
It did not come at the hands of Hawk-Eyes...
This scar was given to me
by YOUR man, "Blackbeard" Teach...!!
And it was not a cheap blow taken by surprise.
Do you understand what I'm saying, Whitebeard?!
He was waiting for his chance... He didn't take a captain's position, he didn't take the fame.
He was spending all of his time hiding in the shadow of your name!!!
And when he gained his power... he struck.
Ultimately, he will seek the very top.
Of his OWN will!!
Eventually, he will even come to steal YOUR position!!

Well i don't know where that came from. But it isn't in any chapter i've read (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-434/page011.html). And if the scar was given to Shanks back when he and BB were kids and serving on the ships of Roger and WB then the scar at this point is pretty irrelevant when measuring power. Because far too many things have happened over the course of 20+ years.

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
Oh damn. Another Yonkou appears to save the day, so I assume that Shanks won in his little fight with the other Yonkou. It was Kaidou, right? Now, the WB pirates are definitely saved, and we're probably going to see a Shanks/Luffy interaction soon where Luffy asks for the hat back.

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 12:34 PM
Well i don't know where that came from. But it isn't in any chapter i've read (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-434/page011.html). And if the scar was given to Shanks back when he and BB were kids and serving on the ships of Roger and WB then the scar at this point is pretty irrelevant when measuring power. Because far too many things have happened over the course of 20+ years.

If that was the case Shanks wouldn't have mentioned the scar in the first place.

Poneglyph420
March 23, 2010, 12:37 PM
Akagami comes to save the day??
I doubt it will go that smoothly.

Looks like the admirals are not slacking anymore....
This is seriously too much wow!

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
If that was the case Shanks wouldn't have mentioned the scar in the first place.

Not necessarily, because perhaps even back then Shanks was stronger then Ace is right now, and knows there's no way that Ace could of beaten BB.

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 12:45 PM
let me get this straight...
the situation was as follows:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/12/
Shanks warns WB about BB being a threat...
He emphasizes it through referring to his scar... saying 'it's not like I was careless or anything' - meaning: I was fighting in my usual condition, he still gave me a tough time. The whole meeting between Shanks and WB was supposed to emphasize just how big of a threat BB is... saying that 'it doesn't mean a thing, just that BB is deceitful' is practically against the facts. Shanks is considering BB to be a threat, not only because BB's cunning, but also because of his strength. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of Shanks' lines.
Also, we never saw WB and Shanks going all out against each other. Just some sword-clashing, which might be more of a symbolical thing than serious fighting. Referring to WB owning BB (which might as well have been BB being full of himself and careless for a moment) and assuming 'if it was Shanks, he wouldn't get owned' is beyond ridiculous as well. IMO

Ok first off how does "It's not like I was careless or anything" mean "I was fighting in my usual condition, he still gave me a tough time."? We don't even know if they fought in a real battle. A thousand different things could have happened. Not being careless don't not automatically equate to a battle situation. Not being careless can easily mean i was watching my back or i was on the look out for certain things, etc etc. Also just because someone is emphasized to be a threat doesn't mean a whole lot power wise. Luffy is seen as a major threat, yet right now he couldn't beat who knows how many Marines. So just because Shanks called BB a threat back then in no way concludes that he was a threat power wise to Shanks and or WB at the time.
[hr]

The scar is on Shank's pirate flag. And we know that before Roger died BB was on WB's pirate ship. Also for what its worth in chapter 0 after Roger's death Shanks's face was hidden (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/14/) from us twice (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/565.5/20/). So either the battle between the two of them happened when they were serving on the ships of Roger and BB. Or it happened sometime later on and then Shanks to changed his pirate flag after. I'll let you be the judge, and either way it does not automatically imply that BB=Shanks power wise at the time of the meeting.

The Closet Pervert
March 23, 2010, 12:47 PM
I just realized something.

We all know how Luffy is on verge of mental meltdown. Unless he already experienced one. I think the Straw Hat dropping was a symbol of that. And so Shanks picking up the hat is a symbol of something too.

Just like Shanks initiated Luffys pirate career (kinda), so will Shanks be there for Luffy during his worst moment. I think it's Shanks that will give Luffy the will to continue living.

I mean Shanks has to return that hat to Luffy, right ;)

Black Lagoon
Akagami comes to save the day??
I doubt it will go that smoothly.

Looks like the admirals are not slacking anymore....
This is seriously too much wow!

Why? :blink don't forget there are 2 Yonkou's crew out there + a Yonkou in person + a freak (although we don't know what he's doing ... well aside from exhibiting his power -_-;)

_AceOfSpades_
Not necessarily, because perhaps even back then Shanks was stronger then Ace is right now, and knows there's no way that Ace could of beaten BB.

well, either Shanks himself got BB's current strength wrong - or the lines don't make sense. Besides, BB wasn't only a threat for Ace, but for WB as well. Shanks warned WB because he anticipated BB going for his head. That's my opinion, I think BB can put up a fight against Shanks. It's not like we can know for sure, until we actually see them fighting... Shanks flag was made after Roger's exection, I presume that Shanks fought against BB during his time with Roger. Shanks talking about the scar in order to emphasize BB's strength means that he considers it to be a good example. Oh well, I explained myself ~ that's it from me.

Messiah
March 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
how do u guys know the names of shanks' crewmates? I don't remember them being mentioned anywhere in manga or anime

Renaan
March 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
As far as the marines being able to beat the WB pirates, I think they were always going to be able to win.... the whole power balance had 3 sides... Marines, Youkou's (spelling whatever) and the 7 Warlord Pirate Sankibayanki thingies...

Now the this War was The Marines + the 6 Warlords + lots of Pacifista's against just a SINGLE Youkou (not 4 as they were balanced against)

The WB Pirates were never intended to come out of this with a win as far as power, they were here to rescue ace, at any cost to themselves, if that ment the death of WB then that is what happened and did happen, pretty sure WB knew all this when he came.

Now, even with Shank's turning up, I do not see anything with regards to him bringing his whole pirate armada / crew with him so I would expect he will end the War with words / threats, not strength of arm.

_AceOfSpades_
March 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
how do u guys know the names of shanks' crewmates? I don't remember them being mentioned anywhere in manga or anime

data book, red yellow blue or sth.. wiki...
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Red-Haired_Pirates

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 12:54 PM

Some of them are in Chapter 1. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/01/

Black Lagoon
March 23, 2010, 12:55 PM
I just realized something.

We all know how Luffy is on verge of mental meltdown. Unless he already experienced one. I think the Straw Hat dropping was a symbol of that. And so Shanks picking up the hat is a symbol of something too.

Just like Shanks initiated Luffys pirate career (kinda), so will Shanks be there for Luffy during his worst moment. I think it's Shanks that will give Luffy the will to continue living.

I mean Shanks has to return that hat to Luffy, right ;)

I don't think he'll return it to him in person, I mean they weren't supposed to meet too soon, So the next time they meet ... Luffy will officially give the hat back to it "true" owner.

Spaceman-Spiff
March 23, 2010, 01:01 PM
Well i don't know where that came from. But it isn't in any chapter i've read (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-434/page011.html).

Same thing, just slightly different translation.

The one I quoted was from Stephen's script (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/onepiece/opvol45.html).

zerocooldx
March 23, 2010, 01:04 PM
Same thing, just slightly different translation.

The one I quoted was from Stephen's script (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/onepiece/opvol45.html).

Either way my best guess is that the confrontation between the two of them occurred when they were serving on Roger's and WB's ships.

Spaceman-Spiff
March 23, 2010, 01:08 PM

Some of them are in Chapter 1. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/01/

The names were not revealed in vol 1 IIRC. _AceOfSpades_ was correct, it was in One Piece RED: Grand Characters. Shanks' crew that are named so far are: Benn Beckman, Lucky Roo (Lou?), Yasopp, and the rookie Rockstar (ch 234).

ScratchmenApoo
March 23, 2010, 01:18 PM
I think he is Lucky Roux, since Shanks is called Le Roux... Doesn't mean it is, it just is the most logical to me...

Superman
March 23, 2010, 01:35 PM
I was really really hoping for shanks to show up not necessary in this war but on Luffys side in a few more chapters.
The thing is shanks and the Mugiwara crew is all Luffy has now. (Maybe Dragon later and halfway Garp even though he pretty cool:D)
The Mugiwaras arent there and shanks is Luffys idol. He knows the right words and you know all by yourselfs how it is to have somebody who motivates you again right?! Luffy always motivates peoples take their burdens with pure optimism and risk of his live and he forces his crew in his manner:D to do the same. After such a big loss in his life Shanks ship is the best to stay on to get standby (while shipping back to Reyleigh or searching for his crew) and be the 17 years old naive boy he is till he is fully recovert mentaly and then kicking some :wtf"1000 MILLION JACKPOT":wtf- Ass with his crew.

Poneglyph420
March 23, 2010, 01:47 PM
I didn't expect this turn of events at all, but wow!
Akagami to save the day awesome!

I knew that the Mugiwara wasn't gonna be left on the battlefield....
Now they have to get out of there...
Which seems easier said than done...

But BB keeps talking smack, he's gonna get pwned for sure!

Truefan21
March 23, 2010, 01:51 PM
ok i knew that if shanks showed up luffy would be unconscious or something