PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Bleach 397 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

igotthegoods
March 18, 2010, 02:03 AM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59029) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

If you have any question to ask, but not related with the current discussion, please post it in the Bleach Hangout Thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/showthread.php?t=40698) or in the Bleach Biblioteca (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/../forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51).

Chapter Raw is out!! (http://mangahelpers.com/m/bleach/chapters/397/)

Delbi
March 24, 2010, 03:33 AM
Isshin about to fuck shit up, this is going to be awesome

DarkComy
March 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
OMFG!! Isshin!!:D

Google says that there's a long speech from Aizen and in the end, Isshin appears.

CBlitz
March 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
haha oh wow this shit is glorious. So badass Isshin, telling things how it is. Aizen does talk too much. But besides that, fairly uneventful chapter, but Isshin makes up for that :tem

good-time
March 24, 2010, 03:35 AM
OMG! Isshin's gonna kick ass!

Slacker5
March 24, 2010, 03:35 AM
It was going to be him or Urahara showing up at this point. If done right, this will be epic. Hopefully this will be the start of some tying of loose ends of the story and some unanswered questions.

TheMoa
March 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
OMG... Isshin showed up... things getting interesting

jamjamstyle
March 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
Woot Isshin is in the house XD.

Steve
March 24, 2010, 03:37 AM
Isshin about to fuck shit up, this is going to be awesome

I fully agree on this one.
I just hope Kubo won't pause the melee to inform us how are things going in Hueco Mundo, but I believe he will do it eventually.
Awesomeness is coming! :D

AizenSousuke
OMFG Isshin! :D I hope he screws Aizen till he retreats or smth :D

revennge
that was totally unexpected. aweisome chapter!

Guru Nanak
March 24, 2010, 03:39 AM
Did Kubo just pulled out something awesome? Really wasn't expecting Isshin to appear...more surprisingly, it looks like Isshin knows who Aizen is?

facade
refreshing the spoiler pics and summaries for like the past 12 hours paid off...omg, Isshin is here!!!:wtf..please don't disappoint like the vizard...damn..can't wait to see ichigo's face when he finds out his dad's a kickass shinigami...**complete fan boy mode and jumps around the room with joy**:woot

Kaiten
just got the chills. I've been waiting for this a long time. Isshen is a welcome site, this is the most I've looked forward to a chapter since TBTP.

boddah
March 24, 2010, 03:40 AM
nice move kubo-san. I was expecting Urahara, but wth. Isshin is gonna SMACK THAT B*TCH UP

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 03:42 AM
Finally something to get excited about!

Can't wait to see Ichi's face at the sight of his father being a Shinigami

Bring it on :D

En Yang Ji
March 24, 2010, 03:44 AM
We know Urahara is going to show up, because of Kubo's calendar, so I guess their whole crew is going to show up.

DarkComy
March 24, 2010, 03:48 AM
I wonder if we'll see Ryuken. Even though he hates shinigami's, he has a strange relation with Isshin and besides...this matter doesn't concern only shinigamis, but quincy and humans too :). And he's power and intelect could prove very useful

Black124C41
March 24, 2010, 03:49 AM
I swear if Ishin now does better against Aizen than the entire collection of the Vizards, Gotei 13 Captains/Commander and Ichigo then Kubo will have reached a new level of fucking ridiculous.

Moon Stricken
March 24, 2010, 03:52 AM
Awesome. Please, oh please make Isshin a badass opponent. I would just hate for Isshin to be some apparent fodder shinigami compared to Aizen like the Vizards/Captains were.

I'm getting kinda curious about how Aizen knew about Ichigo when he was born. This implies he knows Isshin. Shinji didn't recognize Isshin reiatsu, and Rukia didn't recognize Isshin's reiatsu if he was around during her time. So that would mean he was before Shinji's time, but during Aizen's time.

Maybe Aizen and Isshin are brothers, that would be a hell of a turn of events.

TheOneElectric
March 24, 2010, 03:53 AM
I literally let out a gasp when I saw the spoilers. Looks like a good week for Bleach.

Young Aizen
March 24, 2010, 03:53 AM
Awesome. Please, oh please make Isshin a badass opponent. I would just hate for Isshin to be some apparent fodder shinigami compared to Aizen like the Vizards/Captains were.

I'm getting kinda curious about how Aizen knew about Ichigo when he was born. This implies he knows Isshin. Shinji didn't recognize Isshin reiatsu, and Rukia didn't recognize Isshin's reiatsu if he was around during her time. So that would mean he was before Shinji's time, but during Aizen's time.

If they were that close I would've probably had called him Sousuke insteaed...

Moon Stricken
March 24, 2010, 03:55 AM
I swear if Ishin now does better against Aizen than the entire collection of the Vizards, Gotei 13 Captains/Commander and Ichigo then Kubo will have reached a new level of fucking ridiculous.

We have know idea Isshin's background. He could (hopefully) be someone of great importance to Soul Society and thus be pretty damn powerful. Isshin is my fav. character so i hope he gets a good showing in this fight, and not manhandled. I want him to force Aizen to retreat.
[hr]

If they were that close I would've probably had called him Sousuke insteaed...

True. But since Aizen is the main villain, maybe that relationship has strained and he know longer views him in the same light. Just a thought, not really speculating.

Kaiten

Isshin was a captain, most likely after the TBTP antics. He and Aizen probably knew each other. How he knew of Ichigo, dunno. Probably kept tabs on Isshin after he fled to the human world.

wooticus
hell yeah this is so going to kick ass. but i doubt that we will see ryuken here, why should we? but there might be chances that he will appear in hueco mundo to help!! that would be some awesome twist because of a) ishida and b) mayuri.

also because of the high concentration of spirit particles there ryuken would rape yami :D

Moon Stricken
March 24, 2010, 04:00 AM
Isshin was a captain, most likely after the TBTP antics. He and Aizen probably knew each other. How he knew of Ichigo, dunno. Probably kept tabs on Isshin after he fled to the human world.

Well, it would have to have been pretty soon after because Rukia came to be a shinigami 50 years before the storyline, and if Isshin was a captain, she would have recognized him. I'm betting he is from before TBTP arc, before Shinji's time. At least i hope so.

Xiraiya
March 24, 2010, 04:01 AM
And so the Burliest character in bleach makes his appearance...
Could it be!? For the first time in 2 years I am actually excited about a Bleach chapter, this is great.

$20 Isshin was a Previous Squad Zero captain which would be why someone like Rukia wouldn't know him.

Lord.Strife
March 24, 2010, 04:02 AM
okay everyone who has been predicting isshin for ages give yourselves a pat on the back myself included.

I was getting a bit worried there i was starting to lose faith in in a isshin appearance but it looks like kubo hasn't forgotten him.

I am so excited for whole chap this has not happened since ichgonator was fighting

Black Mirror
March 24, 2010, 04:02 AM
Holy Motherf***ing sh**, wtf happened? wtf is this? OMG! ahhhhhhhh!

i won't survive this week, it's way too orgasmic... i mean shanks at first, then isshin...

DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY is here and he is gonna own aizen with a finga!

Now in the next chapter it will be reavealed "XXth devision captain" or "shiba isshin" or some other holy awesomeness~

can't wait

Shiro-kun
March 24, 2010, 04:06 AM
Aizen being an Evil Uncle theory hahahahahahahaha XD

Nice Isshin intefered but lets keep him weaker than the Yammato and Kyoraku alright?

Maybe Isshin is part of the Royal Gaurd? lol

Akhkharu
March 24, 2010, 04:07 AM
About fucking time. i thought i was gonna die before isshin showed up >_<

Black Mirror
March 24, 2010, 04:09 AM

Nice Isshin intefered but lets keep him weaker than the Yammato and Kyoraku alright?

wtf are you babbling about? you want isshin to be sliced up by aizen the moment he arrived? let's hope isshin is the only person stronger than yama-ji or else karin and yuzu won't have a father anymore.

Moon Stricken
March 24, 2010, 04:10 AM

Maybe Isshin is part of the Royal Gaurd? lol

I can understand him being weaker than Yamamoto, but i think he needs to be stronger than Shunsui to really make an impact. I'm hoping he is stronger than we think, i'm hoping Kubo backs me up on this.

Katz
March 24, 2010, 04:11 AM
WOW Isshin that threw me for a surprise, I knew that we'd see him full force eventually but HERE AND NOW....my bleach love is revived, what an godamn epic spoiler and an even more epic week this will be

Imma lolz if Isshin is like 3 or 4 thousand years old....just to counter act what yamma said about "him being the strongest shingami born the the last 1000 years etc etc"

Moon Stricken
March 24, 2010, 04:13 AM
ah man.. Im so happy this week, first Shanks makes an epic entrance in One piece and now isshin.. Like two characters ive always wanted to get it on..lol

but yh i do believe he was a former royal guard.
Correct me im wrong but did isshin lose his shingami powers 20 years ago and just recently gained them..

Yeah, it was said he ceased being a shinigami 20 years prior, and just recently regained them. Who knows how long he was a shinigami before hand though.

Nafycuk
March 24, 2010, 04:19 AM
OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
I MUST BE DAYDREAMING!! THAT'S CAN'T BE HAPENNING!!! KUBO!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
THE BEST CHAPTER EVER ))
Sorry for caps, I'm just too excited ))

David Gill
March 24, 2010, 04:20 AM
I don't think Isshin has come to kick Aizen's ass. I think he's gonna give Ichigo a spanking for being so weak. lol

elitefox
March 24, 2010, 04:21 AM
I do expect a comedy next chap

Ichigo: wtf....

maybe isshin is waiting for capt yamma to die lol

RogueNin
March 24, 2010, 04:22 AM
Holy Motherf***ing sh**, wtf happened? wtf is this? OMG! ahhhhhhhh!

i won't survive this week, it's way too orgasmic... i mean shanks at first, then isshin...

DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY is here and he is gonna own aizen with a finga!

Now in the next chapter it will be reavealed "XXth devision captain" or "shiba isshin" or some other holy awesomeness~

can't wait

Couldnt agree more. Nicely said.

Isshin should be at worst weaker than Yama only, at best a power freak.

Anyone for a bankai that imitates the opponents bankai?

El Samurai Guapo
March 24, 2010, 04:24 AM
Well it was obvious that someone had to show up and help Ichigo out. No way was he about to take on Aizen and Ichimaru alone.

As for Isshin's power level, he should indeed at least stronger than the overrated Shunsui, but weaker than Yamamoto. I think the difference will be that he has yet to see Aizen's shikai, therefore he'll have a fighting chance. Aizen and Ichimaru are obviously going to retreat eventually.

ssj4jw
March 24, 2010, 04:25 AM
The good stuff always happens on the last page. It going to be hard waiting for next week to see if this will go good or bad. Please Kubo don't f**k this up.

sabret00the
March 24, 2010, 04:29 AM
Bleach gets awesome all of a sudden? WTF?

freshseth83
March 24, 2010, 04:30 AM
dont hype up someone we have no clue about powers-wise. people here seem to do that a lot then get let down when Kubo's lover, Aizen owns them. I doubt Isshin is some super bad ass that's stronger than every captain. Nor does he need to be. He obviously used to be a Shinigami, maybe even a captain. But we don't know any details. Maybe the chapter or next chapter will elaborate further. But this is A BIG SURPRISE! This is what Bleach needed. Something unexpected, not more of Aizen talking down to everyone braggin about this and that. We tire of the same- this, this here, is a welcome change! Lets hope he hasn't seen KS. I wouldn't imagine he has. I think he is up to date on things from Urahara's input, but I doubt he was captain for very long, unless he was captain before TBTP arc and somehow got booted out of SS for the things he did, either that or between that arc and SS arc. We'll have to wait and see. But at least lets hope he isn't another KS victim and Aizen owns him with his lame illusions. I hope to see Shunsui and Ukitake recognize him from as a previous shinigami in the future. Especially if Urahara recognizes him than i would say the older captains should know who he is. I want to see how they explain to ichigo why they didn't tell him or if they even knew ichigo was his son.

locke002paul
March 24, 2010, 04:31 AM
I agree Isshin should be stronger that Shunsui ( although we haven't seen his Bankai and he was under illusion ), but let's hope he has the advantage of NOT being under the illusion ... I don't want other stupid trolls by Kubo. Because this moment is too epic to be ruined by that.

Google Hero
March 24, 2010, 04:32 AM
damn, about time something exciting happened. But wow was expecting someone but not Isshin

freshseth83
March 24, 2010, 04:33 AM
Well it was obvious that someone had to show up and help Ichigo out. No way was he about to take on Aizen and Ichimaru alone.

As for Isshin's power level, he should indeed at least stronger than the overrated Shunsui, but weaker than Yamamoto. I think the difference will be that he has yet to see Aizen's shikai, therefore he'll have a fighting chance. Aizen and Ichimaru are obviously going to retreat eventually.

i donno who you think is overhyped, if it's anyone it's Aizen and his lame ass illusions and his god talk. Nowhere have we seen before Shunsui even fought Stark that he was this overrated character that you speak of. I think you should read the manga again and see that no one is overrated the way Aizen is. Of course plot helps Aizen out a lot so that point is moot. But your point is weird. Why would Isshin be more powerful than one of the first captains? Maybe he would be on Byakuya level, he doesn't need to be SUPER strong. He just needs to NOT have seen KS.

Slickz0r
March 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
In addition you were special from the moment of your birth. Because you are a shingami and..."

...........and a hollow. perhaps his mother was just a good looking hollow. giggle.

anyway he IS the true vizard, so it would explain alot about the shattered shaft incident.

danzouismadara
March 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Isshin!!! its about time. Aizen looks a lil scared to me.

So sucks aizen didnt complete his sentence

"You're shinigama and..." hmmm?
a) human
b)hollow
c) somehting new

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 04:40 AM
Glad to see Isshin making an entrance. But, I get the impression that only the last two pages are exciting? lol

Seems like Aizen's long speech takes up the whole chapter. :bored

Jadedmariner
March 24, 2010, 04:41 AM
I guess we will get to see just how ridiculous Aizen's abilities to plan for every contingency are. I mean he made an arrancar specifically to seal Yamamoto's abilities since he knew he couldn't defeat him so what does he have planned for Isshin or have Isshin's regained shinigami powers finally caught the omnipotent sob off guard.

Young Aizen
March 24, 2010, 04:42 AM
i donno who you think is overhyped, if it's anyone it's Aizen and his lame ass illusions and his god talk. Nowhere have we seen before Shunsui even fought Stark that he was this overrated character that you speak of. I think you should read the manga again and see that no one is overrated the way Aizen is. Of course plot helps Aizen out a lot so that point is moot. But your point is weird. Why would Isshin be more powerful than one of the first captains? Maybe he would be on Byakuya level, he doesn't need to be SUPER strong. He just needs to NOT have seen KS.

illusion are only a part of what makes aizen dangerous. Without KS he's more than likely still able pwn the Gotei 13 one on one besides Yama. Illusions are his M.O. and Zan's ability... just like shadow games n shit are shunsui's and fire is yama... So i don't understand how people can cry about it. And yes isshin has to be above shunsui combat ability wise to be able hang with aizen. Dude is highly potent in ALL areas of shinigami combat.

Jadedmariner
March 24, 2010, 04:42 AM
Glad to see Isshin making an entrance. But, I get the impression that only the last two pages are exciting? lol

Seems like Aizen's long speech takes up the whole chapter. :bored

The annoying thing is that his entire speech seems to have been something he could have summed up in like 2 panels.

facade
March 24, 2010, 04:45 AM
i surmise that ichigo's mum was an arrancar..maybe that's why she looked like a human..would explain that ichigo is the perfect hybrid that aizen is looking for?since he would have been half hollow from birth..

blennz
March 24, 2010, 04:48 AM
I'm more interested in what aizen was going to say at the end then ichigo dad coming..

Black Mirror
March 24, 2010, 04:50 AM
Aizen responds, "It's because I knew you from the beginning, from the time you were born.
In addition you were special from the moment of your birth. Because you are a shingami and..."

"...the son of the king, i so much desire" <- ishin is the king? or probably ichi is king's grandson?

or

"...a Vaste Lord" <- this would mean, masaki was a vaste lord.

ah, and this:

"...the son of my dear brother/father"

damn i can't wait

RumorZ
March 24, 2010, 04:51 AM
i surmise that ichigo's mum was an arrancar..maybe that's why she looked like a human..would explain that ichigo is the perfect hybrid that aizen is looking for?since he would have been half hollow from birth..

thats probably why isshin got banned from SS or even left SS to be with ichigos mum because he was a captain and he knew all the laws and rules about SS or something etc etc along those lines. Thats why Ichigo is a perfect hybird, hence his hollow instincts and his shinigami instincts. its a bit of a shocking revalation, but maybe it could be true. Maybe isshin got a 20 year ban on his shinigami abilities, the possibilities are endless!

Charlie
March 24, 2010, 04:54 AM
Its been a long time coming since we were shown that Ichgios dad was a Soul Reaper. Papa-gami has arrive in the house folks. :) :worship2

Another epic entrance this week. Are the mangakas working on this stuff together or what? :headscratch

For Aizens unfinished line, my pick goes as follows.

A) You're a Soul Reaper and.... So is your old man. ;)
B) You're a Soul Reaper and.... You're Royalty. :D

biggielu
Why should Isshin be a good guy. He could work together with Aizen for all we know.
This was the first time i would have loved if Aizen had finished his speech. Why has Isshin to stop Aizens speech, why knows Aizen Isshin's son since birth. If Isshin was shinigami from long ago, why should he know he has a son,why why why - fishy.

I do not thing Isshin is there to fight Aizen. And Ichigo has next chap a big WTFmoment.

monkey D luffy
finally some awesome development, but isshin kinda ruined it for me. why is ichigo so special? isshin go back and do over, this time let aizen finish and then cut him down the instant he closes his mouth.

also kinda off topic but i really need to say it:
its amazing that bleach actually cought up to one piece this week too bad naruto isnt that epic too.

Slickz0r
March 24, 2010, 04:57 AM
Him being royalty is likely plausible now. As with his shinigami powers being genetically derived from his paternal genes, that could be the case if he's royalty also.

Jadedmariner
March 24, 2010, 04:57 AM
thats probably why isshin got banned from SS or even left SS to be with ichigos mum because he was a captain and he knew all the laws and rules about SS or something etc etc along those lines. Thats why Ichigo is a perfect hybird, hence his hollow instincts and his shinigami instincts. its a bit of a shocking revalation, but maybe it could be true. Maybe isshin got a 20 year ban on his shinigami abilities, the possibilities are endless!

I'm not going to rule it out, but if his mom was arrancar or vasto lorde or anything powerful at all I call super mega shenanigans on Kubo. There is no way she would have died to such a weak hollow if that were the case.

Guru Nanak
March 24, 2010, 04:58 AM
If the captain of gotei 13 isn't good enough, how about the captain of the King's royal guards...that would be a good background for Isshin, anything lower than that well he's gonna lose to aizen.

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 04:59 AM
A) You're a Soul Reaper and.... So is your old man. ;)
B) You're a Soul Reaper and.... You're Royalty. :D

C) You're a Soul Reaper and.... a nobility (aka descendant of the Shiba clan)

RumorZ
March 24, 2010, 05:03 AM
I'm not going to rule it out, but if his mom was arrancar or vasto lorde or anything powerful at all I call super mega shenanigans on Kubo. There is no way she would have died to such a weak hollow if that were the case.

lol good good, im not going to rule anything out too then.
maybe and this is a major theory, and considering they had 3 children it might not work. but
maybe when a arrancar and a shinigami have a child they lose their powers and become human? ok actually sounds a bit stupid now that ive typed it...

speaking of which, it could also be the possibility that hes royalty like others have said, or his spiritual pressure is high because hes a noble house person like byakuya or something? possibilities are endless.

speaking of which, im going to go with isshin being all powerful and hope he hasnt seen KS, next weeks chapter i hope is going to advance the plot and im looking forward to seeing Ichigo's reaction...

OMG though its Isshin. ive been waiting for this moment for as long as i can remember!

you forget about the gigai.

without reiatsu she would obviously die. isshin couln't save her because of this exact reason.

thats another possibility

Black Mirror
March 24, 2010, 05:05 AM

you forget about the gigai.

without reiatsu she would obviously die. isshin couln't save her because of this exact reason.

Mifune_Taichou
March 24, 2010, 05:06 AM
Wow these spoilers blow your mind. I cant wait to see exactly what Aizen has been planning. more importantly though:

Isshin is about to put Aizen in a hurt lock.I'm pretty much certain of it because it would be completely pointless for yet another inneffective person to turn up.

Xiraiya
March 24, 2010, 05:06 AM

She would if she was in a Urahara gigai just like Isshin was... It cuts off their power remember? they only just returned to Isshin recently.

mestizo311
March 24, 2010, 05:07 AM
Finally!!! It sounds like Kubo is bringing back the nail-biting drama that brought Bleach to my attention. Hopefully, he doesn't screw it up again.

Akhkharu
March 24, 2010, 05:08 AM
Maybe Isshin will replace Yama-ji as captain commander... seeing how yama fried himself and barely scorched aizen....

gold349
March 24, 2010, 05:22 AM
Maybe...Ichigo's mom was actually Aizen in a woman's gigai, and had been spending many nights with Isshin.

or an arrancar :)...all have been thinking Ichigo is half shinigami and human but this 'raw material' Aizen speaks off wouldn't he have been experimenting on humans instead of hollows? . Ichigo other side could be hollow rather human...so far all has been natural to Ichigo his shinigami and hollow sides.

jaymizzo
March 24, 2010, 05:22 AM
meh ichigo H2 is already known by aizen so he will get trolled well :p

I bet Isshin and Aizen are brothers ;)

freshseth83
March 24, 2010, 05:25 AM
illusion are only a part of what makes aizen dangerous. Without KS he's more than likely still able pwn the Gotei 13 one on one besides Yama. Illusions are his M.O. and Zan's ability... just like shadow games n shit are shunsui's and fire is yama... So i don't understand how people can cry about it. And yes isshin has to be above shunsui combat ability wise to be able hang with aizen. Dude is highly potent in ALL areas of shinigami combat.

look everyone knows you're on aizens ballsack, but be logical here. If KS wasn't an illusion type of Zanpakuto he wouldn't have beat all the Gotei 13. Sorry. If he could have beaten them all he wouldn't have needed the espada, but again he did. He wouldn't need Tousen, he did. He wouldn't need Gin, but he's still there. Now this right here about him saying Ichigo was wanted, is something else to add to my reasoning. If Aizen is so perfect why is it that he wants Ichigo? Why is he looking for Vasto Lordes? Why make the Espada to face SS? He can't beat all of them at once, and the ONLY reason he beat them was because of his abilities PLUS his illusions. You act as if no one else has mastered Shinigami arts. A lot of people can cast spells and use shunpo. Whether they are affluent in them is another story. Look at Byakuya- skills in both areas. Ukitake and Shunsui have been captains for much longer than Aizen. Do you really think they don't know the things he does? Aizen is still around because of the story and the need to have a villian. Stop flaming like he's better than everyone put together because he isn't. We haven't even seen Bankais for 3 captains, AND the Captain Commander. Reason? Illusion is the perfect ability to negate any other ability. To fool the mind and all the senses is pretty much a win on any given day. If any of the other high class captains had this ability they'd be just as good as Aizen. But he has went further with the Hoguyoku and forbidden arts. Of course he's going to win.

Besides all that, Don't get your hopes all up with Isshin. I'm sure he's strong but being strong doesn't mean shit against Illusions. The main key is for him to not have seen KS. If he did there's no reason to get all bright eyed saying he can beat Aizen. Of course you being an Aizen fanboy you wouldn't say that anyway. But to everyone else, I love that Isshin is here as much as anyone else, but hopefully Kubo doesn't make a mockery out of him the way he did with everyone else that has seen KS.

Mifune_Taichou
March 24, 2010, 05:28 AM
Calling it now Isshin WILL get trolled by kubo.

ooh you'd best be wrong. But this is the Aizen show as far as KT is concerned so probably. I hope Urahara appears and rips the hougyoku out of AIzen's chest.

ghostexiled
March 24, 2010, 05:30 AM
I am really gaining my faith back for this series... please don't have Isshin be fodder.

I say Aizen will retreat willingly without confrontation... he has done what he came for, right? Kill the Commander and gain the knowledge of the key from him.

Darek Khort
March 24, 2010, 05:32 AM
I do hope Isshin actually does something interesting. We were all excited when the vizards appeared too; but they ended up disappointing.

freshseth83
March 24, 2010, 05:33 AM
I am really gaining my faith back for this series... please don't have Isshin be fodder.

I say Aizen will retreat willing without confrontation... he has done what he came for, right? Kill the Commander and gain the key's knowledge from him.

either he retreats without a fight or he beats on ichigo or his dad to the point where ichigo transforms again and forces him to retreat- that way leaving an arc for Isshin like rumoured

hossice
March 24, 2010, 05:35 AM
lol what would would really be fuck shit is if isshin gets his assed handed to him. what i want to see is aizen going "wtf are you here?" and then i think i know whos in HM. ;) ryuuken yea boi. haha

Jadedmariner
March 24, 2010, 05:40 AM
I do hope Isshin actually does something interesting. We were all excited when the vizards appeared too; but they ended up disappointing.

Nobody can match the fail of what the Vaizard's displayed in this arc. I mean they got a frickin' gaiden and this is all the power they had? The worst part is that since none of them used a bankai I can just imagine us having to suffer through them almost all being involved in meaningless battles just to use bankai.

To Be Announced
March 24, 2010, 05:42 AM
OHHH Shit, Isshin is gonna do SOMETHING COOL, whether it's making Aizen retreat or making him STFU about all his babble about his son.

This is pretty exciting.

Marche
March 24, 2010, 05:44 AM
I was right, it's Isshin time.

I think, as I have said several times:
I think than Isshin was until 200 years ago the taichou of 4th division (Unohana superior), but after something He was promoted in 0 division, in the Royal guard (perhapas as his taichou).
So He obtained the "king's key", and for some reason (perhaps because he make a son (Ichigo) with a human's woman) He lost his Shinigami power.
And as Aizen say in this chapter (so it seems) already knew than He had the "king's key" (because perhaps the "46 rooms" said it to him 100 years ago (obviously thanks to Aizen Shikai).
If that is the truth, he faked his purpose, perhaps he thinks than Isshin will give to him the key, so "Karakura town" will be save (but if Isshin will reject this, He will crush for real the town).
But if I think Aizen is involved in the death of "Ichigo's mother", Isshin will don't accept.

DEATHBOTT
March 24, 2010, 05:50 AM
im happy isshin came but WHY THE FUCK DID YOU INTERUPT AIZAN!!!!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. wonder what ichi is?

patz
March 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
I'm really bored with Aizen's "I planned everything" speech. Seriously, I wish Yamamoto go Bankai and kill him off guard.

Nobody can match the fail of what the Vaizard's displayed in this arc. I mean they got a frickin' gaiden and this is all the power they had? The worst part is that since none of them used a bankai I can just imagine us having to suffer through them almost all being involved in meaningless battles just to use bankai.
Kensei did go Bankai. Disappointingly, we didn't have a chance to see it in action.

Hystzen
March 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
lol what would would really be fuck shit is if isshin gets his assed handed to him. what i want to see is aizen going "wtf are you here?" and then i think i know whos in HM. ;) ryuuken yea boi. haha

acutly ryuuken could be bailing uryu out of trouble. dont think isshin wud lose i think gin will make a move on isshin and get KOed.
i want to see more :s ichigo

on a other note this what i wrote last nite before spolier arrived:http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58808&page=73

howbigis1gb
March 24, 2010, 06:03 AM
Alright. Some movement in the story. I hope this isn't another "look I'm here, oh I'm on the ground" arc courtesy trolling by Kubo

freshseth83
March 24, 2010, 06:04 AM
I was right, it's Isshin time.

I think, as I have said several times:
I think than Isshin was until 200 years ago the taichou of 4th division (Unohana superior), but after something He was promoted in 0 division, in the Royal guard (perhapas as his taichou).
So He obtained the "king's key", and for some reason (perhaps because he make a son (Ichigo) with a human's woman) He lost his Shinigami power.
And as Aizen say in this chapter (so it seems) already knew than He had the "king's key" (because perhaps the "46 rooms" said it to him 100 years ago (obviously thanks to Aizen Shikai).
If that is the truth, he faked his purpose, perhaps he thinks than Isshin will give to him the key, so "Karakura town" will be save (but if Isshin will reject this, He will crush for real the town).
But if I think Aizen is involved in the death of "Ichigo's mother", Isshin will don't accept.

i don't think Isshin is that old. Unohana has been a captain for a long ass time. I think if Isshin was captain he was captain between TBTP arc and SS arc. I think he was captain of one of the divisions the current Vizards used to occupy when they went missing. Love Rose Shinji Kensei were all captains, that's 4 divisions. I think he might have been in one of those. If it was before TBTP arc, he might have been a captain that was in one of their divisions because during the TBTP arc Rose was a new captain, so it's possible he could have been a captain before that. But I don't THINK he was captain before Unohana

DARK
March 24, 2010, 06:10 AM
im happy isshin came but WHY THE FUCK DID YOU INTERUPT AIZAN!!!!!!!

What's wrong with that?
Kubo was conveying Isshin in a similar light to his son; he honestly doesn't give a crap about what anyone says.
Hopefully there is much more to this chapter other than Aizen telling Ichigo that everything happened because of him and Isshin arriving to shut Aizen up. 18 pages seems too generous for such little action.

locke002paul
March 24, 2010, 06:26 AM
Hmmm ... Isshin appears with his sword drawn ... he is ready to kick some ass.:p

Jadedmariner
March 24, 2010, 06:26 AM
Kensei did go Bankai. Disappointingly, we didn't have a chance to see it in action.

That's true I forgot about that. And yet he must have lost to an arrancar that was so weak that Yamamoto defeated it while having no use of his zanpakuto. Yet more proof of Vaizard fail lol.

Bromamura
March 24, 2010, 06:29 AM
That's true I forgot about that. And yet he must have lost to an arrancar that was so weak that Yamamoto defeated it while having no use of his zanpakuto. Yet more proof of Vaizard fail lol.
This is Yamamoto we're talking about, WW being defeated by the strongest character in the manga doesn't equate to him being weak.

benelori
March 24, 2010, 06:39 AM
LOL...expected to see this when I saw the pic...well I can agree with everyone, that this is a good turning point along all this Aizen ownage...so go Isshin...this chapter won't be such a good one...the next one will rock...so don't get excited just yet...
But Aizen got interrupted, which is not that good...even if Isshin makes up for it, I was curious what did Aizen plan for Ichigo

UnknownQuincy
March 24, 2010, 06:44 AM

I say Aizen will retreat willingly without confrontation... he has done what he came for, right? Kill the Commander and gain the knowledge of the key from him.

Neither of these things are confirmed to have happened.

As far as Isshin is concerned, I think this is not going to be an epic battle, I think it is simply a way for Kubo to End the arc and move into the next one.

I imagine Isshin will simply take Ichigo and leave.

freshseth83
March 24, 2010, 06:55 AM
i don't think it'll end the arc just yet. it has to progress a little more and then were probably going to see a mini-arc about isshin and his back history like the rumors said in the Kubo interviews. Isshin isn't gonna just show up and take his son then bounce. He came there for a reason. I donno what it is but maybe he will try to team up with Ichigo to fight Aizen. He does have his sword drawn. He must have slipped past Aizen's radar and hid his reiatsu pretty good.

Xiraiya
March 24, 2010, 06:57 AM
He must have slipped past Aizen's radar and hid his reiatsu pretty good.

Given the fact Aizen is not surprised I'm going to say no, he sensed Isshin coming.

kkck
March 24, 2010, 06:59 AM
Is it me or was this chapter terrible lol? Ishin appearing was a half redeeming quality of the chapter but overall the rest of the chapter was simply a repeat of what aizen said in the two last pages of the last one.

thornofcarrion
March 24, 2010, 07:01 AM
Man how long it has been since I am so excited. Isshin FTW, perfect timing. Got chilling sensation in my spine. I have been saying for too long that Isshin has to make an appearance. OMG, this is going to be an EPIC chapter. Will come later when I gain my composure back ;).

Yans86
March 24, 2010, 07:02 AM
There are only 2 things good in this chapter: Isshin showing up and Aizen revealing Ichigo's birth secret(even if partially)...
Beside that we just had a waste of paper cause most of us pretty much figured out all the thing Aizen is saying which is just an integration of his speech at Sokyouku hill....

Well,at least it looks like there is something more to Masaki then we thought...
I'm also glad that the idiocy of ichigo being attacked because of his reiatsu is ended!!I mean,it happened only 2 time:with his mother and with his family....coincidence???of course no,lol

Am I the only one with the feeling that Isshin won't fight now and this arc will finish before June???
IMO we r going to have a couple of chapters with some more revelation + Isshin mini-arc/backstory directly.
After this we will come back to the current story just to find Yammi dead or on his way to die(Yoruichi showing up???) while i
n FKT Urahara shows up and something major happens to move the plot into the last bg arc.....

Gin on the cover?is this chapter the beginning of a new tankobon?glad that Kubo didn't forget about him,this just mean that he is going to play a major role in the future!!!

Anyway,at this point is not farfetched to expect the involvment of Ichigo's sister....u know what I'm sayin???
I also hope to see again some of his friend but I guess this won't happen....

monkey D luffy
March 24, 2010, 07:03 AM
so once again ichigo's sword is being stopped by bare handed aizen, he didnt grow in power at all...
that ruined the entire chapter for me

Katz
March 24, 2010, 07:07 AM
Is it me or was this chapter terrible lol? Ishin appearing was a half redeeming quality of the chapter but overall the rest of the chapter was simply a repeat of what aizen said in the two last pages of the last one.

After reading the spoiler script/looking at pictures.....your absolutely right,the only saving grace of this chapter was Isshin appearing.....Why does it always seem like Kubo wastes pages each chapter....like ALOT of the stuff Aizen says could be moved into one or two pages, yet its just spread out over an entire chapter..and the only good is at the last page...

kai_yondaime
March 24, 2010, 07:15 AM
i wonder wht was aizen gonna say....shinigami and hollow? or son of royal guard.....lolzz i hope its the latter cause a captain is obv no match for aizen so isshin being the fallen royal guard would be great

Dr. Faris
March 24, 2010, 07:16 AM

Well, I'll agree with the last part, it seems like the last two panels of last chapter were spread thin to make most of this one. It reminds me of Naruto anime filler where we watch the wind blow and people glare at each other for 8-9 of the 22 animated minutes. Although the twist was a nice addition :p!!

I still have really really high hopes for Isshin's appearance and maybe a minor flashback coming up in the next few chapters. I'd actually prefer Aizen and Isshin NOT to fight; at least for a chapter or two (or five :P) as I think it's a really good time for more backstory. Either that or to move the plot beyond this battle. I like fighting as much as the next guy but I'm tired of this "war" :(.

jaymizzo
March 24, 2010, 07:18 AM
Can anyone upload different links to the raw? or post the pics?

leoliox
March 24, 2010, 07:20 AM
This is just awesome.

I hope Isshin and Aizen fight AND talk at the same time.
I want to see reiatsu, releases, bankai and cool people that save the day with a twist

toussaintac
March 24, 2010, 07:23 AM
I knew somebody was going to show up soon. I thought that was Kensei in the picture at first, but i think he has blonde hair. Maybe Aizen was going to say Ichigo is his nephew. Saying he's shinigami and hollow would've been kind of obvious.

Darek Khort
March 24, 2010, 07:31 AM
so once again ichigo's sword is being stopped by bare handed aizen, he didnt grow in power at all...

Ah, but Ichigo has indeed improved!
Back then Aizen only used his finger. Now he has to use his hand!

AizenSousuke
March 24, 2010, 07:33 AM
How did isshin get there through the barrier? zomg

How can Aizen still block Ichi's sword with his bare hands zomg?

the6millionbeliman
March 24, 2010, 07:33 AM
This isn't the best chapter of Bleach, but it's the best two pages in about 3 years or so. Hooooooooooooly ****balls. After reading this week's OP chapter I think Kubo was trying to 1 up Oda :p

Tabaro Foka
March 24, 2010, 07:38 AM
WOW WOW WOW WOW :rawichigo:clap2:dance

This is amazing!Isshin is here!Now we well know who his father really was.I put my money of member of the Royal Guard(Squad Zero):amuse

Bugzee
March 24, 2010, 07:39 AM
Just as I had expected, the last page is the best part of this week's chapter. :oh

Isshin does look quite confident though. :D I can't wait to see what he has planned for Aizen hehe. I definitely believe Isshin is/was part of the Royal Guard or had some kind of relation/connection to it.

Tabaro Foka
March 24, 2010, 07:42 AM
Just as I had expected, the last page is the best part of this week's chapter. :oh

Isshin does look quite confident though. :D I can't wait to see what he has planned for Aizen hehe. I definitely believe Isshin is/was part of the Royal Guard or had some kind of relation/connection to it.

The thing that surprise me was that Aizen know who Ichigo is.And it seems he and Isshin have some connection in the past. :o

possible teory(Isshin is father of Aizen ):D

Fallen.
March 24, 2010, 07:44 AM
I'd laugh if Aizen said a shinigami, and a human.

ninjaman
March 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a6c72d73286650 ichigo seem to have a lot of wtf faces lately lol.

Yans86
March 24, 2010, 07:46 AM

Ichigo has more then twice captain level reiatsu,we know hat thx to Unohana,is just that Aizen has far more then that.

Anyway,Isshin look way bigger then he was in the past,finally we r going to see the real goodies :-D

jaymizzo
March 24, 2010, 07:49 AM
The thing that surprise me was that Aizen know who Ichigo is.And it seems he and Isshin have some connection in the past. :o

possible teory(Isshin is father of Aizen ):D

Yeh Ive Always thought Isshin And Aizen Wer Somehow Family Or Related in some way.. It Would be cool if Isshin was the former commander of The Royal Guard. And IS epicly strong, that he gives aizen a chance to back off!

I also think Urahara is there too

EnzeruExMachina
March 24, 2010, 07:49 AM
Wow. Just... wow. Best chapter in a while, without actual action. I'm SOFA KING excited! (Ha. See what I did there?)

Anyway, onto my theory...

*drum roll*

Isshin cut off Aizen mid-sentence, right? With a simple:

"You talk too much, Aizen."

Why did he cut him off? What was Aizen going to reveal?

*another drum roll*

Stop that! *Fires Cero at drummer*

ICHIGO'S MOM WAS AN ARRANCAR!

Okay, so I have no solid evidence other than the fact that Ichigo has long been touted the only perfect Shinigami-Hollow hybrid, so I can't help but think that Ichigo's mom was actually an Arrancar. (Think Halibel, with less cleavage and sharkiness). Besides... Stranger things have happened in Bleach...

I can't help but wonder what Isshin didn't want Aizen to say... Maybe Ichigo's mom wasn't an arrancar at all, and Aizen is actually her brother or something. Who knows.

Either way, I'm excited. Can't wait for next week!!!:D

Fallen.
March 24, 2010, 07:55 AM
Isshin is most likely a royal guard XD , since they are all promoted former squad captains, and Isshin has a captain robe that's ripped. Not to mention he randomly showed up infront of ichigo after so long, and the royal guards duty is to protect the spirit king. Maybe he got orders to go there and kill aizen XD

Hystzen
March 24, 2010, 08:00 AM
it obvious that ichigo wil be the decendant of a squad 0 member kubo been building that plot for ages now..
i do agree with the theory they related im guessing aizen was ichigos mothers brother that why isshin knows him and greets him in a joke that fashion 'you talk to much aizen' he really does know aizen well

hopefully isshin wont just be more fodder i want him to light a cig and fight with that in his mouth..ryuuken in HM to save uryuu and urahara will help evacutae the wounded with yoruchi.

exacta
March 24, 2010, 08:02 AM
Holy shit......Isshin appeared.:jawdrop

Tabaro Foka
March 24, 2010, 08:03 AM
Wow. Just... wow. Best chapter in a while, without actual action. I'm SOFA KING excited! (Ha. See what I did there?)

Anyway, onto my theory...

*drum roll*

Isshin cut off Aizen mid-sentence, right? With a simple:

"You talk too much, Aizen."

Why did he cut him off? What was Aizen going to reveal?

*another drum roll*

Stop that! *Fires Cero at drummer*

ICHIGO'S MOM WAS AN ARRANCAR!

Okay, so I have no solid evidence other than the fact that Ichigo has long been touted the only perfect Shinigami-Hollow hybrid, so I can't help but think that Ichigo's mom was actually an Arrancar. (Think Halibel, with less cleavage and sharkiness). Besides... Stranger things have happened in Bleach...

I can't help but wonder what Isshin didn't want Aizen to say... Maybe Ichigo's mom wasn't an arrancar at all, and Aizen is actually her brother or something. Who knows.

Either way, I'm excited. Can't wait for next week!!!:D

Now I have a theory.Masaki Kurosaki is daughter of King of Soul Society .She fell in love in Isshin (a member of royal guard at that time).They know that can't live together in Royal Palace.So Masaki and Isshin made disisson to live in Karakura Town!Urahara meets with them in real world and give them gigais.But after in gigai they loose there shinigami powers.This is why Masaki was killed so easy from Grand Fisher!And this is why Ichigo is so strong.Because he is royality.What do you think?

Saint Markus
March 24, 2010, 08:06 AM
wow. i didn't expect Isshin to pop up this soon, but cool.

next chapter, i think Ichigo and Isshin will be the main focus and Isshin will explain somethings. but, i also think that Ichigo will take this to heart in a bad way because the one question he'll want answered by his father is why he didn't save his mother if he's been a shinigami this whole time and this moment of weakness in Ichigo will give his hollow a chance to take over him.

plus, seeing Isshin as a shinigami and knowing that his own father couldn't save his mother is definitely going to cause Ichigo to spaz out completely. those thoughts of the night his mother died are going to cause some serious rage to come out.

THM Nindo
March 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
Well!
This manga is finally picking up!

Seriously, after a full years (and maybe even more) with really lame stuff, wer'e finally getting some interesting development!!

I can't wait to see the link between Aizen and Isshin!!
(Isshin is probably my second favorite character after Urahara!)

hhv94
March 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
About time it got interesting. Kubo actually put in something good, even if there was a lot of fluff in most of the chapter, except in the end.

cloudo
March 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
How about none of the above, how about Kubo is basing this stuff off bible events... The case of The Nephilim... Angels that came from heaven to be with the daughters of men... Isshin being a captain maybe came to the living world saved Ichigos mother from a hollow fell in love left SS aka heaven to be with a human woman, King Fisher then comes into play maybe back then being a powerful arrancar takes her away(kills her)after she gave birth to ichigo... i think that makes more sense than her coming from SS... and what if Aizen and Isshin have no history, he just knows who he is because Urahara told him. Zero squad member? Doubt it, just an ex captain... but Im sure hes got a trick up his sleeve since aizen was suprised to see him.

studiokid
March 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
Ichigo is still and will always be child's play to Aizen-sama, Aizen-2 Ichigo-0.

cloudo
March 24, 2010, 08:22 AM
wow. i didn't expect Isshin to pop up this soon, but cool.

next chapter, i think Ichigo and Isshin will be the main focus and Isshin will explain somethings. but, i also think that Ichigo will take this to heart in a bad way because the one question he'll want answered by his father is why he didn't save his mother if he's been a shinigami this whole time and this moment of weakness in Ichigo will give his hollow a chance to take over him.

plus, seeing Isshin as a shinigami and knowing that his own father couldn't save his mother is definitely going to cause Ichigo to spaz out completely. those thoughts of the night his mother died are going to cause some serious rage to come out.

Maybe cus he didn't have his soul reaper powers when she was killed or he may not have been there to save her. Hes not super man he cant be everywhere at once. But Im sure Ichigo will be upset. But the man has answers or maybe he'll tell him thats a question best suited for another time right now we need to deal with the problem on hand. Maybe it'll explain why at the beginning of this whole arc King Fisher was looking to kill Ichigo Kurosaki then wen Isshin shows up he says one kurosaki is enough.

:worship
Isshins shouler guard is da shit!

AizenSousuke
March 24, 2010, 08:23 AM
Ichigo is still and will always be child's play to Aizen-sama, Aizen-2 Ichigo-0.

Shouldn't it be Aizen-3 (inclusive of the part where Ichigo came in from the garganta) Ichigo-0? O_O

5erge
March 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
Wowie zowie! Isshin is here! Can't help but wonder why he cut Aizen off? Either he's stopping him from revealing something, or just showing how little he cares for what Aizen has to say and wants to get some action going! In any case, something big is about to happen. I can't wait to see Ichigo's reaction to seeing his father. This changes EVERYTHING!

I will say that the last thing I want to see is Isshin fight Aizen for 2 chapters and die in issue 400. If that happens, it'll be so Kubo can make Ichigo flip out and go Ichigonator, but I kind of doubt it. From here on out, the story will change dramatically with this revelation to Ichigo about his father and who knows what we may learn about his true origin regarding his parents.

You almost lost me there, Kubo. But now I'm interested in this little manga of yours...again. Good work!

sarutobi_sensei
March 24, 2010, 08:31 AM
God yes I'm fucking excited. I'm wondering what the hell aizen knows about Ichigo. Lets hope it's not: Luke I am your father. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

chess4
March 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
wow................its been a very long time since i have been this exicited about a chapter. what was aizen about to say? is he ichigo's father.

SmellsLikeTeenSh!t
March 24, 2010, 08:37 AM
wow................its been a very long time since i have been this exicited about a chapter. what was aizen about to say? is he ichigo's father.

No maybe he says something like

Youre special because you are the son of a shinigami. Think about it, who in Soul Society has children? I mean real children.

Cedde
March 24, 2010, 08:41 AM
becouse ichigo is the son of a shinigami and a hollow. = the perfect hybrid.

SuperShuter
March 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
:mad Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wtf has been the point in this whole arancar arc I can't think of any significance these arancar's have had no one has died ichigo is still pathetic with aizen bare handed grabbing his sword. Not very exciting anyway honestly seeing as they randomly have already shown isshin's power it was obvious either him or urahara would show up and now bleach has got this clichéd plot where ichigo is some sort of 'chosen' one and aizen just pisses me off he hasnt got any personality just some smug twat who knows everything........ :notrust

T-Mac#1
March 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
I predict Aizen is brother of Ichigo's mom,his uncle.

kkck
March 24, 2010, 08:46 AM
No maybe he says something like

Youre special because you are the son of a shinigami. Think about it, who in Soul Society has children? I mean real children.

All nobles in SS are born as souls there. Byakuya, shunsui, ukitake or yoruichi as members of the nobility were pretty much born there. There are plenty of people who were born in SS and are perfectly capable of having children. Granted though, they are a much smaller number than all of the measly proletarian who lives in the rukonkai.

21-majin-12
March 24, 2010, 08:51 AM

...........and a hollow. perhaps his mother was just a good looking hollow. giggle.

anyway he IS the true vizard, so it would explain alot about the shattered shaft incident.

Yeah me and a friend of mine had been thinking this for a while, isshin got kicked out of soul society for falling in love with a hollow. He's obviously friends with urahara who i'm sure could quite easily make them gigai that replicated all human functions including reproductive ones. the 2 of them probably just wanted an ordinary life together.

Pavitre
March 24, 2010, 09:00 AM
hmmm It's hard to imagine marrying a hollow lol it would take immense amount of control on her part. maybe isshin gave up his powers by using it up to change his mom from her hollow form to back to human form with all that reiatsu.

still is isshin as powerful & cunning as aizen?, isnt he coming a little too late when everyone's down and out?

I HOPE SO

Yans86
March 24, 2010, 09:04 AM
It's not really difficult to turn an hollow into a human....
Purify it with a zanpakotou..give it an Urahara's gigai like the one he gave to Rukia and the game is easily done.

darkdana666
March 24, 2010, 09:09 AM
Yes! Finally! Isshin walks in!
I had a major geeky flip out when I saw the spoiler pics!
I can't wait to see what the story behind that guy is! :p

silverw0lf
March 24, 2010, 09:11 AM
I just hope that Ichigo doesn't ruin the moment by kicking Isshin from behind and saying something like "What the heck are you doing here old man?"

kkck
March 24, 2010, 09:17 AM
I don't think masaki was a hollow. I don't think grand fisher would have eaten her had that been the case. IMHO she was human but it is possible she was some other form of SS resident. I would think her being human is what makes ichigo have a human body though. I would still think ichigo's hollowification is mostly due to masaki though. Humans are beings who can turn either into hollows or shinigami so perhaps having a shinigami father and a human mother created some form of unbalance.

On another note, aizen mentions ichigo will be some sort of raw material. I think my theory from last chapter will come true.

I still wonder how exactly is it that the orb creates hybrids. Is it something it naturally does to the target or is it something which has to be guided and controlled by aizen to get a specific result? If aizen is the one who has to guide the whole process then different types of hybrids could be made and as a result they could have different abilities while being essentially the same. It would also mean aizen would be limited in the degree to which he can create perfect hybrids given that then end result of using the orb would rely completely on what aizen thinks is a complete hybrid. On the other hand if aizen knows what a complete or better hybrid looks like then he would be able to use the orb to make hybrids that are basically the same as the perfect hybrid he looks for. Such a thing would explain why tousen had a resurreccion. The hybrids aizen was most familiar with were arrancar, hollows who removed their mask so all he could do with the orb was better quality hybrids of the ones he was already familiar with. In that sense, even using the orb on a shinigami would still result in something similar to what he had already done -again, hence tousen-. The theory of ichigo being a perfect hybrid has been going around for quite some time. Aizen wanting a better model on which to create hybrids would explain why even though he has the orb he has yet to use it on himself and his seemingly pointless interest in ichigo.

Another interesting thing I noticed in the chapter. Look at when aizen literally takes ichigo's reiatsu in his hand (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/396/18/). It looks nothing at all like the reiatsu most shinigami and vizards have. It is borderline liquid. That reminded me of what ishida said here (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/348/09/) about ulquiorra. I don't think ulquiorra was any more advance than any other espada in terms of hybridization but perhaps achieving a level of release no other espada had simply allowed him to tap more into his shinigami powers resulting in this change in his reiatsu. The fact that he had to reach such an absurd level of release to get this result would simply show he wasn't that as advanced as he could have, this kind of reiatsu would have been achievable in his lesser forms otherwise. I know barragan showed something similar to this but it would seem he did not quite reach the point either ulquiorra or ichigo did.

As a final addition to my theory, perhaps what makes a perfect hyrbrid perfect is not whether he has resurreccion or mask but rather the nature of the reiatsu. Either a resurreccion or a mask user can reach perfect hybridization provided their reiatsu reaches a certain state -which in this case would be something like what ichigo is reaching or already has-.

Either I am way off with this or kubo has nothing on me :p.

cloudo
March 24, 2010, 09:21 AM
Im sure ichigo is dumbfounded like always this time even more, but Isshin has a plan, I hear a lot of ppl tlkn bout how he is royalty... then wth he doin on earth n not in heaven? I think he was just a powerful captain who gave up his shinigami powers to be able to marry a human woman and have a family, no zero squad or her being a hollow that shit sounds dumb... this is a fantasy but the japanese keep it realistic as possible... wouldnt that make the story more plausible?

SmellsLikeTeenSh!t
March 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
All nobles in SS are born as souls there. Byakuya, shunsui, ukitake or yoruichi as members of the nobility were pretty much born there. There are plenty of people who were born in SS and are perfectly capable of having children. Granted though, they are a much smaller number than all of the measly proletarian who lives in the rukonkai.

Ok where in the manga is it stated that souls can have sex and produce new souls?! I allways thought members of the four nobel families are adopted into the families. Where are Old Yamas children then?

kkck
March 24, 2010, 09:30 AM
Ok where in the manga is it stated that souls can have sex and produce new souls?! I allways thought members of the four nobel families are adopted into the families. Where are Old Yamas children then?

It was stated in the databook, you can look it up here in MH. Even if you think about it, the nobles adopting people on regular basis makes not a shred of sense. There would be absolutely nothing noble about them, they'd be less than glorified proletarian lol.

As for yama's children, who knows. He could have outlived them or he was sterile from the start -perhaps the heat damaged the family jewels-. In a extreme case he was actually born old and never could reproduce.

GOOMOONRYONG
March 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
Sick deal and it looks like the theory that both Aizen and Ichigo are of royal blood is looking highly plausible right now. I didn't expect Isshin to make an appearance so soon but this is delightful. The only thing that would top it is if Urahara showed up next week :D.

niblack89
March 24, 2010, 09:33 AM
I swear if Isshen gets pawned like all the other captains and vizords I will never watch Bleach again, This is the father of ichigo his expectation is suppose to be epic. He better be Ichigo x 100.

Isshen yaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I woke up 2 a happy day after seeing that.

Big Al
March 24, 2010, 09:36 AM
No F***ING WAY!!! ISSHIN????

That too soon, I mean, I hear Kubo-san said Isshin won't show up in the next couple arc!

kkck
March 24, 2010, 09:39 AM
I swear if Isshen gets pawned like all the other captains and vizords I will never watch Bleach again, This is the father of ichigo his expectation is suppose to be epic. He better be Ichigo x 100.

Isshen yaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I woke up 2 a happy day after seeing that.

Why would expectations of ichigo's dad be that high? I don't see any reason for the guy to be above the captain level or anything of the sort. Kinda like the same deal with urahara. Odds are ishin came with a plan and possibly even backup from urahara. I did not think ishin was going to show up at all in the war but since he did he might as well bring in the entire crew.

cloudo
March 24, 2010, 09:41 AM

He called Ukitake and Shunsui his sons, because they were his close pupils, he taught them all they know and regarded them as the two highest captains in SS after himself. Rukia was adopted into the Kuchiki family, she is Byakuyas deceased wifes little sister. Therefore he calls her his sister.

darkdana666
March 24, 2010, 09:41 AM

Well, not all people have to have kids, you know. And when Rukia was adopter into the Kuchiki family the member pretty much had a conniption....
So not, it's not usual to get adopted.
It's a spiritual world so "souls" are inhabitants. Not all that strange that they would be born.

Gcat88
March 24, 2010, 09:43 AM
I was hoping Isshin would show up in the FINAL arc, but this might be it. I think this will be a great bonding experience xD

Pavitre
March 24, 2010, 09:44 AM
you cant turn hollow into human lol by stabbing them with Zanpaktou or giving them gigai.

with zanpaktou your soul gets freed, you go into ss, dont become human and by gigai its just a cover up you dont actually become human, this statement is ridiculous.

Now could it be that isshin married a human woman instead of a hollow, or ss resident, or arrancar. Has any shinigami ever married a living human before and had children. This could be explained by his mother being able to see ghosts and why she couldn't defend against grand fisher without any resistance at all

THM Nindo
March 24, 2010, 09:48 AM

I thought it was : "You are a shinigami and a... human".

I mean... as far as we know, Isshin is a Shinigami and Ichigo's mother was a human.
Usually, human don't even see Shinigamis, but using a strong Gigai (from Urahara I guess), Isshin basically became a human and he had children.

So those children are half-Shinigami and Half-human.
And I think that the more the time pass, the more Isshin is becoming human (which would explain why Ichigo's sister have less power than him, and why Karin as more power than her younger sister).

That's my take on this, right now...
But I wouldn't excluded that Ichigo's mother could be more special too!

patedecarne
March 24, 2010, 09:51 AM
Isshin :wtf

I just want to see his bankai :worship

Waiting next chapter: "Yo, Bro, long time no see"

No, I mean, I don't want to see Aizen as Ichigo's uncle, that would be so disgusting.

And please Kbo, finally explain what kind of shinigami Isshin is, please

skye_4444
Yay! Isshin is here! The moment I saw the picture I was like "Wow!Already?" Then I read the spoilers and started jumping around like an excited kid. I was in a public place at the time so everyone was giving me weird looks...but whatever. Isshin obviously interrupted so that Ichigo wouldn't know what he was. On another note, why are people saying that Ichigo was born half human half hollow? Wasn't he hollowfied for the first time in shattered shaft?

Urtear
HOLY F*CKING SH*T...

I cant believe this! i would never have expected isshin to arrive... now hopefully urahara & co are somewhere around here too

cloudo
March 24, 2010, 09:52 AM
you cant turn hollow into human lol by stabbing them with Zanpaktou or giving them gigai.

with zanpaktou your soul gets freed, you go into ss, dont become human and by gigai its just a cover up you dont actually become human, this statement is ridiculous.

Now could it be that isshin married a human woman instead of a hollow, or ss resident, or arrancar. Has any shinigami ever married a living human before and had children. This could be explained by his mother being able to see ghosts and why she couldn't defend against grand fisher without any resistance at all

human woman
thats what i said in a previous post... I think thats the most plausible explanation as to why ichigo is what he is... father shinigami, mother human with the ability to see spirits... so she saw isshin maybe he saved her from a previous hollow but wasnt able to do so with grandfisher because he lost his soul reaper powers, Ichigo shouldnt blame him, I dont think he will, I think he knows something is strange about his family the way his dad always acts like hes so cheery. It was a cover up so ichi didnt suspect him of being a soul reaper. I think that makes sense

WhisperPL
March 24, 2010, 09:52 AM
Aizen IS real father of ichi.

Bleda
March 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
Your theory has one crack. İchigo's sisters are twins :/

metronome
March 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
lol, ichigo's face is priceless there

Fallen.
March 24, 2010, 09:54 AM

I mean... as far as we know, Isshin is a Shinigami and Ichigo's mother was a human.
Usually, human don't even see Shinigamis, but using a strong Gigai (from Urahara I guess), Isshin basically became a human and he had children.

And I think that the more the time pass, the more Isshin is becoming human (which would explain why Ichigo's sister have less power than him, and why Karin as more power than her younger sister).

lol true, maybe the closer to death the more shinigami they become. Also about the liquid theory, seems interesting. Urahara created the orb, maybe his idea of hybridization is the thing Aizen is trying to achieve. Though he is different from all the other shinagami hybrids maybe it's because of his father therefor he had closer and more powerful relation with his shinigami side unlike the other hybrids .

Sparkling Chidori
March 24, 2010, 09:55 AM
Damn this shiz is epic :D

I wouldn't care if the next chapter is all dialogue just explaining who exactly Isshin is (other than Ichigo's dad) and if there is a link to any royal hierarchy or if there's a link to Aizen.

Damn this chapter's gonna be awesome but the one after should be very good. This happening makes so many of the past chapters look even more petty.

cloudo
On another note, why are people saying that Ichigo was born half human half hollow? Wasn't he hollowfied for the first time in shattered shaft?

because ppl dont read before they post lol... maybe ur right tho, no u are right. ichigo is not half human half hollow, hes half human half shinigami with the ability to control his hollow form somewhat... I think every human in Bleach has the ability to become a hollow or a shinigami when they die. his was just released

kkck

I don't think it works that way.
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/2/11/
Rukia said it is ichigo's soul that became a shinigami. In that sense, ichigo does have a human body but his soul is about as human as that of any other shinigami, vizard or arrancar. A "human" soul would be a measly plus which we know for a fact is one of the things ichigo could not possibly be further from. Basically ichigo was born with a human body and a shinigami soul (at least his soul had very real dormant shinigami powers) which were attached by a chain of life. IMHO the reason ichigo became a hybrid was because he had very real, very powerful shinigami powers while also having the potential to become a hollow due to being attached to a human body with a chain of life.

Rumina Asagi
March 24, 2010, 09:56 AM
On the subject of SOul Society reproduction, to the best of my recollection it's never been explicitly clarified.

IIRC isn't there a blurry line between wether only nobles are ALLOWED to have kids or if only nobles CAN have them?

Fallen.
March 24, 2010, 09:59 AM
I don't think it works that way.
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/2/11/
Rukia said it is ichigo's soul that became a shinigami. In that sense, ichigo does have a human body but his soul is about as human as that of any other shinigami, vizard or arrancar. A "human" soul would be a measly plus which we know for a fact is one of the things ichigo could not possibly be further from. Basically ichigo was born with a human body and a shinigami soul (at least his soul had very real dormant shinigami powers) which were attached by a chain of life. IMHO the reason ichigo became a hybrid was because he had very real, very powerful shinigami powers while also having the potential to become a hollow due to being attached to a human body with a chain of life.

It's interesting though, and it's the possibility of why aizen wants him. I mean human/hollow/ shinigami. It truly is a perfect hybrid

ShadowFlame
Sick deal and it looks like the theory that both Aizen and Ichigo are of royal blood is looking highly plausible right now. I didn't expect Isshin to make an appearance so soon but this is delightful. The only thing that would top it is if Urahara showed up next week :D.

hehe yes feels all warm and fuzzy , as predicted 7.5 years ago that ishin is bound to show up sooner or later after his convo with The quincy's father.

all that is missing is for old legends to come and lend a hand to the younger generation, hopefully unlike naruto ( where poor kakashi got trampled and manhandled by saskura, sasuke and naruto).

too bad good people like ukitake, shinsui, urahara and yamaji are not here (or standing) to show aizen what real resistance is.

THM Nindo
Your theory has one crack. İchigo's sisters are twins :/

Really!?
Wow, I just checked and you're right!

I didn't know that!

Well, I guess the explanation is ever simpler than...
Their power is actually divided in two! :tem

kkck
On the subject of SOul Society reproduction, to the best of my recollection it's never been explicitly clarified.

IIRC isn't there a blurry line between wether only nobles are ALLOWED to have kids or if only nobles CAN have them?

All people born in SS are automatically considered nobility. That much is fact stated in the databook. SHinigami can have kids in SS but it still does seem kinda rare.

Xerneas
These spoilers put a big goofy smile on my face. OMG!!! I guess many, many people got what they wanted, although I didn't think it would happen. The only downside is that Isshin interrupted Aizen when he was about to reveal something SUPER-IMPORTANT about Ichigo!! Kubo had better tell us next week and quit the stalling.

Isshin might die here. People would hate that I suppose, but it would be good plotwise. Would lead nicely into the next major arc, about his history and whatnot. And make Ichigo HATE Aizen. People always say that Yamamoto was the top candidate for a good guy death, but to me Isshin was always high on the list. At least now we know how Kubo's gonna stretch this arc till June.

obamamania
Ichigo is gonna have a nervous breakdown or something. But at least now we know that Isshin and Aizen have a significant history, maybe even one that Isshin does not want Ichigo to find out about. Honestly though, I still think that something did happen with Kubo and his writing at around the point where the hueco mundo arc started, almost like he had planned for a hollow vs. shinigami massacre in which Aizen would in fact have his 10 VL. Now, in order to explain the 397 chapters of plotkai and to solidify Aizen as THE antagonist (and shut down the people who INSIST that there's another villian after Aizen) he makes it seem as if Aizen controls literally everything, even the things that he cannot possibly have influence over. I hope people begin to realize that Aizen is basically Kubo himself interjected into Bleach, since Aizen is proclaiming that he wrote the entire story so far down to secondary characters like Ishida and their roles. He may have even had something to do with Isshin leaving SS or having such a child to begin with. But the one thing that makes sense now is how Rukia ran into Ichigo in the first place, there is now an explanation that this was intelligent design, not just obnoxious coincidence that someone as crucial as Ichigo not only meets and befriends but also rescues the carrier of the hougyoku.

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 10:00 AM
This is what I have been waiting for for years, this is what I have been reading bleach for. Who the hell and what the hell are Isshin, Aizen and Ichigo.

Evil3ye
March 24, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wohw woohu wihwow :omg

Daddy's primetime \o/
Hm, jk. Aizen's speech sounds quite interesting so far and makes it clear, once again, that the final villain is no one but him. I really have no idea what will happen, if they defeat him in this battle once and for all.

But since there's gonna be an other arc after that one, I can think of nothing but Aizen's survival, unless Gin or someone pulls a 'OMG Aizen you really did think it was all YOU? U brainless fool. it was all ME!"-something :D

THM Nindo
March 24, 2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah, Isshin is the most interesting in the manga right now!!!
Who cares about people like Ukitake and Shunsui!

Bring in Isshin and Urahara!!!!

kkck
March 24, 2010, 10:04 AM
It's interesting though, and it's the possibility of why aizen wants him. I mean human/hollow/ shinigami. It truly is a perfect hybrid

Not necessarily though. Ichigo's soul is separated from his body, there is no chain of fate uniting him to it. He has no need for the body in reality. I doubt ichigo's soul has a shred of human to it... I just think a dormant shinigami soul attached to a human body through a chain would result in a hybrid simply because the chain could turn said dormant shinigami soul into a hollow -technically the chain does not turn people into hollows but I think my point is clear-. Basically, ichigo's body does not have a shred of hybrid to it, it is 100% only human while ichigo's soul is 100% not human.

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 10:04 AM

How or when is it determined Karin has less ability or reiatsu than her brother ichigo? she had the same ability to see ghosts Ichigo did before he became a shinigami…. I get a distinct Princess Leia vibe from her….just as powerful as her brother but we will never see her explore her abilities

darkdana666
March 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
Who cares about people like Ukitake and Shunsui!

Bring in Isshin and Urahara!!!!

LOL! How cruel! I'm very curious about Uki's well being! I wonder if he is alive... :s

Too bad Byakuya isn't around! He would finally get an answer: http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/162/07/ & http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/162/08/

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 10:10 AM
Anyone else notice that Isshen swung at Aizen in the last two panels? there is a whoosh, his sword is drawn and Aizen does a subtle little dodge. Not a good sign that Aizen dodged so quickly and I am one of the people hoping Isshin can hold his own and will be disappointed if he cant.

Charred
March 24, 2010, 10:13 AM

Apart from the fact that Aizen mentioned himself that he grew shitloads :darn

Just because he still can't take Aizen, it doesn't mean he hasn't grown in power.

First time Aizen would be a 10 & ichigo a 1. Now perhaps Aizen is a 10 & ichigo a 5.

roymustang86
March 24, 2010, 10:20 AM
It had to be Isshin, else it would be Yoroichi or Urahara.

munafn
March 24, 2010, 10:23 AM

I think if that were true, being an arrancar woulnt she be able to rape grand fisher? a mere hollow at the time

Charred
March 24, 2010, 10:25 AM
As epic as this entrance is, why didn't he use the opportunuty to backstab/decapite aizen when he hadn't noticed him yet :|

Sparkling Chidori
March 24, 2010, 10:28 AM
As epic as this entrance is, why didn't he use the opportunuty to backstab/decapite aizen when he hadn't noticed him yet :|

Because we would either be looking at the death of Aizen or another failed attempt to take him out when he's open, which would just be tiring.

NAM61
March 24, 2010, 10:31 AM
Isshin showing up is interesting maybe him and aizen have a past. aizen said there is something special about ichigo and he knew everything he has done. maybe aizen and Isshin are related.

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 10:33 AM
Ichigo lost power from the last chapter to this chapter because Aizen had begun to break his will with his bullcrap speeches. Ichigo is a 15 year old boy fighting warriors hundreds of years old, is it really that shocking that his ability to fight and focus of power is tied to his emotional stability? which being 15 is hard to maintain

Exodi
March 24, 2010, 10:34 AM
OMG it's Isshin.

Epic entrance is epic.
Even more so than the Visoreds' entrance.

Charred
March 24, 2010, 10:34 AM
Ichigo lost power from the last chapter to this chapter because Aizen had begun to break his will with his bullcrap speeches. Ichigo is a 15 year old boy fighting warriors hundreds of years old, is it really that shocking that his ability to fight and focus of power is tied to his emotional stability? which being 15 is hard to maintain

We're looking at the bigger perspective I believe, not the specific attack?

the6millionbeliman
March 24, 2010, 10:36 AM

To show he's bad mofo Jones and doesn't need to resort to that crap even with Aizen. Hopefully.

Exodi
March 24, 2010, 10:36 AM
Quick theory/prediction:

Aizen and Isshin are somehow related. And thus Aizen and Ichigo are related.

SageofSolus
March 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
HAHA! I knew it. Isshin was gonna show up!. But then again given the circumstances it was either him, youruchi, or urahara.

I'm going to agree with exodi even though it is kinda cheesy but i think too that aizen and isshin are related especially now if hes touting he knew of ichigo since he was born. Im willin to bet if he knows that much he knows the full history of isshins background too.

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 10:53 AM
How uber pimp would it be if Aizen's first words to Isshin were, "Its been too long Nii-San"

Xerneas
March 24, 2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone else notice that Isshen swung at Aizen in the last two panels? there is a whoosh, his sword is drawn and Aizen does a subtle little dodge. Not a good sign that Aizen dodged so quickly and I am one of the people hoping Isshin can hold his own and will be disappointed if he cant.

Yes, you have a good eye. I just checked back and Isshin intersected and swung at Aizen, who casually dodged it. People are seriously overhyping Isshin. They never learn. Making the same mistake all the time, and then having the gall to blame Kubo when the characters don't live up to their self-inflicted delusions.

I do think Isshin is very strong, and Kubo has some leeway since we don't know anything about his abilities. BUT - it has been established, more than once, that Yamamoto is the strongest Shinigami. We won't see another above him unless Kubo introduces one of his former superiors in the RG or something. The advantage Isshin has over Yama is that he's (presumably) not under hypnosis.

Hystzen
March 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
i wont expect a fight kubo did write the aizen vs ichigo was the final battle but i wonder could it be a ichigo n daddy combo vs aizen. both have good advantage no KS gin wud have to step up or let aizen get battered

the6millionbeliman
March 24, 2010, 10:59 AM
Honestly, I don't expect Isshin to defeat Aizen. Is it really too much to ask though for some major damage to Aizen that he doesn't just lolgodmode out of? Even Yamamoto had to eat some humble pie from Aizen.

Isshin and Gin would be great, but really at this point I just want to see Gin do something besides make a smartass comment.

darkdana666
March 24, 2010, 11:04 AM
How uber pimp would it be if Aizen's first words to Isshin were, "Its been too long Nii-San"

Awesome! Or Ichigo stabbing Isshin thinking it's an illusion! X3

NAM61
March 24, 2010, 11:05 AM
we may get isshin vs aizen and ichigo vs gin next chapter

ShaunMati1
March 24, 2010, 11:08 AM
All i have to say is ISSHIN!!!!!!! Man im excited now, i was thinking urahara will show up, but isshin. I guess he must show up to have his backstory, but man this is epic for me. I believe kubo has more leeway then we think with isshin. IMO he can take isshin's backstory anywhere. Literally he can make him into the royal guard, or some royal family, we dont know. As far as being stronger then aizen....probably not (which saddens me) but who cares...this is the first time we have seen him since grand fisher. Ive always wanted to see ichigos expression to seeing his dad as a shinigami...and that look is priceless.

Kshunsui
March 24, 2010, 11:09 AM
ishin is captain level, maybe zero squad so its not ridiculous if he is a top notch

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 11:09 AM
I think Gin is doing nothing is because Aizen told him too. Aizen and Gin have some kind of a weird father son relationship and I don't think Aizen wanted Gin getting caught in the middle, like the warning the crazy scientist gave Renji when he wanted to get between Nnotra and Zaraki

obamamania
March 24, 2010, 11:11 AM
Why are people acting like Isshin is supposed to come along and be more powerful than even Yama in the fact that he'll defeat Aizen when nobody else can. Isshin showing up for any reason implies more for plot development than for the next fight. We don't know what's about to happen, but we do know that his arrival is not as simple as Urahara or someone that we already are familiar with as a fighter showing up. The impact here is that Ichigo's world just shattered and a new dynamic to this manga is about to open up. Finally.

THM Nindo
March 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
Isshin is most probably not more powerful than Yama-ji, but in opposition to Yama-ji, Aizen didn't plan for him (at least, I think), and he doesn't have some hax-stuff to beat Isshin.
Also, unless I'm wrong, Isshin is NOT under Aizen's illusion power!

nokozon
March 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
ISSHIN APPEARS!
Now who else felt like this? :D
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693239/rukias%20execution.gif

Tayz
March 24, 2010, 11:21 AM
ISSHIN APPEARS!
Now who else felt like this? :D
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693239/rukias%20execution.gif

me

but is isshin stronger than ichigo?

ShaunMati1
March 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
me

but is isshin stronger than ichigo?

Thats something i dont wanna touch now. We know ichigo has so much riatsu its ridiculous. I dont think Isshin has the "riatsu" his son has in store, but i will assume that isshin has the experience and the control ichigo doesnt have. So aizen was interested in ichigo the moment he was born? Ya somehow this trio of ichigo, aizen and isshin must have some relationship.

clodhopper
March 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
Wow... simply wow.

How great is this chapter?
I'll tell you how great it is: For the first time in ages this forum board isn't split into 2 seperate camps. An us vs. them mentality isn't present. We're all spewing forth great ideas. Who is Aizen? What's his relation, if any, to Isshin? What about Masaki? Where does the power level stand on each player active at the moment? What will happen next? What could happen next?

Possibly the most open-ended query is: What comes after 'you are shinigami and...'? Any theory here has merit because all of us are indexing our knowledge of what's happened so far.

You are shinigami and...
-hollow
-human
-noble
-royalty
-my nephew
-my son
All great ideas, as it could be any of those. It could also be; my brother. Heck, at this point anything is possible. Some people think that Isshin is from the Royal Guard, who's to say his first son wasn't Aizen?

Something to note from the chapter spoiler pics (awesome for a cam to boot) is that Ichigo's mask cracked but didn't drop in pieces. It faded away. This could mean 2 things happened. Either his hollow powers are fading or Aizen's continued harangue (about how Ichigo's growth was planned and executed by Aizen) is causing his resolve to fade, like the mask. Personally I'm of the opinion that Ichigo's heart was once again in turmoil and his resolve weakened thus weakening his mask to fade away instead of breaking apart once he reached his limit.

By the way, I'll be one of the few that admits to not forecasting this climatic moment. Seems like quite a few knew Isshin was coming, but I am not one of those. I predicted otherwise and freely admit I was completely wrong. My Ichigo-fanboyism clouded the ability to see beyond Ichigo gaining new resolve. I still think he'll get that resolve, however where he gets it from or from whom he gets it is beyond me to predict at this moment because anything can happen now.

By the way, to those thinking that Ryuuken is in Hueco Mundo helping his son and said so in past threads, you're probably right after this entrance of Isshin. I tip my cap to you and apologise for internally chuckling. Perhaps this chapter should make us all realise that we can't wed our tenants of fanboyism for 'X' character. We should be open to others ideas. I know I am now.

espadaboyzz
March 24, 2010, 11:27 AM
OH MY GOD!! ICHIGO PAPA already come out.....that's great and i hope ichigo will super duper shock and die because of too shock..hahah.

uekipheonix
March 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
Ichigo is gonna have a nervous breakdown or something. But at least now we know that Isshin and Aizen have a significant history, maybe even one that Isshin does not want Ichigo to find out about. Honestly though, I still think that something did happen with Kubo and his writing at around the point where the hueco mundo arc started, almost like he had planned for a hollow vs. shinigami massacre in which Aizen would in fact have his 10 VL. Now, in order to explain the 397 chapters of plotkai and to solidify Aizen as THE antagonist (and shut down the people who INSIST that there's another villian after Aizen) he makes it seem as if Aizen controls literally everything, even the things that he cannot possibly have influence over. I hope people begin to realize that Aizen is basically Kubo himself interjected into Bleach, since Aizen is proclaiming that he wrote the entire story so far down to secondary characters like Ishida and their roles. He may have even had something to do with Isshin leaving SS or having such a child to begin with. But the one thing that makes sense now is how Rukia ran into Ichigo in the first place, there is now an explanation that this was intelligent design, not just obnoxious coincidence that someone as crucial as Ichigo not only meets and befriends but also rescues the carrier of the hougyoku.

my thought eactly, Aizen is like God here. I mean only god can do something like that.

SenninSage
March 24, 2010, 11:35 AM
Holy crap, Isshin has arrived and I can pretty much guarantee he's as powerful as Aizen is. Seems there's something highly special about Ichigo and Aizen has known about him since his birth?

Could it be possible that Aizen is somehow related to Ichigo and Isshin?

Anyway, it's about damn time we start to get to the bottom of just what the hell Aizen is talking about and I'm glad someone is there to set him straight -- to let him know he can't just do as he likes.

Xerneas
March 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
Not to be spamming or anything, but I just took a closer look at the pics. Kubo is just ridiculous sometimes:

http://manga.saiyanisland.com/xmanga/manga/2/397/04.jpg

^ Seriously? And we thought Aizen's finger was epic in the SS arc. His finger power is now maximum. That page made me laugh almost as much as this one a while back:

http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/Bleach/Maximum7/354/7

^ Combined with Yammy's zero revelation, that chapter left me in tears of laughter.

Raizen
March 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
I say based on what we have seen so far, isshin is not that strong. He is EPIC but not strong. But considering his EPICNESS i would say he may be on shunsui's level. People need to remember that shunsui only lost b/c of illusions, that is something that i doubt isshin is under.

So him being on shunsui's level could be enough

ShaunMati1
March 24, 2010, 11:45 AM
U know what would be so bad ass...if next chapter after this has aizen and isshin exchanging some words. After that aizen will hold out his sword and simply say "Kurosaki Isshin, please if u dont mind, look at my sword" then isshin shunpos next to aizen without him sensing it...and isshin says "i apologize, but the royal guard cannot allow u to continue..."

Anyway lets hope we get as much information as we can from these 2.

Raizen
March 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
IN all of this AWESOMENESS, we need to remember that the author stated that ichi vs Aizen will be the last fight.

So idk if isshin will fight. They may have a short skirmish

TwEeD
March 24, 2010, 11:51 AM
IN all of this AWESOMENESS, we need to remember that the author stated that ichi vs Aizen will be the last fight.

So idk if isshin will fight. They may have a short skirmish

Source? Cause the last interview I read Kubo said Aizen isn't the final villain

ShaunMati1
March 24, 2010, 11:52 AM
To me it seems like ichi vs aizen already happened. I dont think they have to literally fight for a few chapters to confirm that. One can say a debate is 1 vs 1. So them exchanging swords then words could mean the same.

Raizen
March 24, 2010, 11:52 AM
Anyone here think that Isshin will do what youruichi did here?
http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/118/10/ :blink

ShaunMati1
March 24, 2010, 11:53 AM

WHOA WHAT? can u give me a link to that...i never read that!?

Bleda
March 24, 2010, 11:54 AM
Is it just me or Aizen has ridicolusly loooooong (pun intended) fingers?

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 11:55 AM
Send me the link to the interview where Kubo says Aizen isn't the real villian. I have heard rumors of this crap for like a year and not one person has ever been able to produce a copy of it.

Igniel
March 24, 2010, 11:58 AM
Another epic chapter for this week regarding Manga releases. Anyway, I'm anxious to find out what Isshin is saying. I also want to see Ichigo's reaction to seeing his father as a shinigami. There are so many interesting situations right now, I can't wait.

Shadow
March 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
I like this. Now we're finally getting somewhere. Hope it gets really good after such a slow arc.

NinjaPenguinator
March 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
ooh Rah, the big man's here! :D

Thankfully, I'm quite certain Isshin isn't the type to get pwned by Aizen in the same way that most of the other captains have been, even after only seeing him in action as a shinigami for such a small time.

Arch!
March 24, 2010, 12:01 PM
Wow, just... wow. I am so, so excited to read this chapter!

Sesshomaru
March 24, 2010, 12:02 PM
People do you remember when Urahara asked Isshin if he was back to full strength and his response was eh? Isshin may at one point have been stronger than Aizen, which would explain Ichigo, but right now he probably isnt due to him being human for so long

Twar
March 24, 2010, 12:03 PM
Wow... simply wow.

How great is this chapter?
I'll tell you how great it is: For the first time in ages this forum board isn't split into 2 seperate camps. An us vs. them mentality isn't present. We're all spewing forth great ideas. Who is Aizen? What's his relation, if any, to Isshin? What about Masaki? Where does the power level stand on each player active at the moment? What will happen next? What could happen next?

Possibly the most open-ended query is: What comes after 'you are shinigami and...'? Any theory here has merit because all of us are indexing our knowledge of what's happened so far.

You are shinigami and...
-hollow
-human
-noble
-royalty
-my nephew
-my son
All great ideas, as it could be any of those. It could also be; my brother. Heck, at this point anything is possible. Some people think that Isshin is from the Royal Guard, who's to say his first son wasn't Aizen?

Hi, I thought I'd share some thoughts after reading the RAW: in Japanese what he's actually saying is:

なぜなら君は死神とー

Which could end like this:

なぜなら君は死神と"XXXX"の息子だ。

Which would, in turn, be translated as:

"You are the son of a Shinigami and a -- XXXX."

Which would be my idea and best guess at what he was trying to get at.

ShaunMati1
March 24, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi, I thought I'd share some thoughts after reading the RAW: in Japanese what he's actually saying is:

なぜなら君は死神とー

Which could end like this:

なぜなら君は死神と"XXXX"の息子だ。

Which would, in turn, be translated as:

"You are the son of a Shinigami and a -- XXXX."

Which would be my idea and best guess at what he was trying to get at.

Do u think that sentence will be answered by the next chapter. If it doesnt idk what the hell id do. Or it could be that that sentence will be answered during the isshin arc.

Raizen
March 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/396-76/2
This page says that ichi vs aizen is the final battle

howbigis1gb
March 24, 2010, 12:19 PM

Eh? All it says is that the arrancar arc is coming to an end. About time if you ask me

Raizen
March 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
Eh? All it says is that the arrancar arc is coming to an end. About time if you ask me
It says that ichi vs aizen will be the last fight of this arc, so that means that isshin most likely will not fight

igotthegoods
March 24, 2010, 12:23 PM
I just read the spoilers (haven't even looked through this thread yet) and I'm so excited that I feel compelled to comment! Isshin returns?! Wow! :jawdrop :pmg I seriously just got goosebumps when I saw his picture. :wtf

Oh man, it's going to be a loooong wait until the next chapter. My curiosity has been piqued and now I have so many questions. What is the relationship between Isshin/Aizen/Ichigo? Why has Aizen been watching Ichigo for so long? Has Isshin seen Aizen's shikai or is he also immune to Aizen's illusions like we're assuming Ichigo is? How strong is Isshin and what position did he have in SS?..... the list goes on and on.......

Ahhh, it feels so good to be excited about Bleach again~~

Twar
March 24, 2010, 12:26 PM
Do u think that sentence will be answered by the next chapter. If it doesnt idk what the hell id do. Or it could be that that sentence will be answered during the isshin arc.

Yeah, since we saw that Isshin stepped in just in time to stop that sentence (which adds some reasoning to my guess), it might be left at that for now. But since Aizen was talking about Ichigo's birth at the time, it would make sense to me.

Also, I've always wondered who Ichigo's mom actually was.

daman246
March 24, 2010, 12:26 PM
iw ould like ot know how ichigo feel about this aizen just crushed his world that world he believe was true was all a lie and now his father shows up just for ichigo to do more thinking

thornofcarrion
March 24, 2010, 12:28 PM
It says that ichi vs aizen will be the last fight of this arc, so that means that isshin most likely will not fight

Indeed but that brings the question why? An event that will make Aizen to retreat for the moment, and even without fighting Isshin. Or may be Aizen has something up in his sleeve. May be he was prepared for Isshin to show up. Can't wait for the next chapter already ;).

Moon Stricken
March 24, 2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah, since we saw that Isshin stepped in just in time to stop that sentence (which adds some reasoning to my guess), it might be left at that for now. But since Aizen was talking about Ichigo's birth at the time, it would make sense to me.

Also, I've always wondered who Ichigo's mom actually was.

I think the statement will most likely be finished by Isshin himself. It would make more sense for Ichigo to hear the importance of his birth from someone who has seen as his father. Aizen revealing everything is no fun.

As for Isshin, i'm just hoping Kubo gives him a good show. Please don't make him a push over like the rest of SS (Yama excluded). I'm hoping he is a royal or something of that nature.

Evil Mind
March 24, 2010, 12:30 PM

And that battle is over now :p

This chapter was good for the story (still don't like Aizen planning everything in the manga so far), but the best part is the last two pages with the appearance of Isshin and Ichigo bloodline being stated as an important key to his powers. I personally favor that Ichigo's Mother was either royalty or a hollow.

Next chapter looks like it'll be really good for story development. Now I really look forward to Gotei 13's reaction to Isshin.

Twar
March 24, 2010, 12:35 PM
I just can't get over this cliffhanger :D
It's a pain to translate this into English because you can't really put two versions in the translation, such as:

V1: You are a Shinigami and...
V2: You are the son of a Shinigami and...

This might cause a translation that would confuse a lot of people when the context behind the sentence is finally revealed. Until then, a translator's note would have to do...

daman246
March 24, 2010, 12:37 PM
this is to epic the only people that knew that ichigos was pure shinigami were kon,ishida dad and urahara i doubt yoruichi knew looks like urahara kept her in the dark looks like everyone gona have to take their words back about ichigo specialy byakuya

Raizen
From the spoilers, it seemed like Aizen repeated things twice:
I was watching you from the beginning, from the beginning i was watching you...
WTF!! The author sure likes wasting pages for pointless stuff

Charlie
Anyone mentioned the design mark now apparent on Isshins arm band?

http://manga.saiyanisland.com/1/Bleach/397/18

Zatono
March 24, 2010, 12:39 PM
Oh snap, Isshin arrived. I was personally hoping for Urahara to make a dynamic entrance with Isshin along side him, but this was pretty damn good to.

clodhopper
March 24, 2010, 12:43 PM

Nah, it was there before as well -> http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/18-19/

Charlie
March 24, 2010, 12:45 PM
Perhaps Uraharah went to Hueco Mundo with Ryuken?

Damn I wanted to see Byakuyas reaction to all this revelation.

Weapon_X
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING EPIC TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BETTER THE VAIZARD ARRIVAL. BATTER THEN ANYTHING! ISSHIN!!!

Kubo loves his fans :wtf

Twar

Are you referring to the two dots and a squiggly line? Could that be considered more a design mark or two fastening details and a scratch?

Charlie
March 24, 2010, 12:50 PM
Nah, it was there before as well -> http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/187/18-19/

Lol, you cant see anything on that.

Are you referring to the two dots and a squiggly line? Could that be considered more a design mark or two fastening details and a scratch?

Yeah, more to do with the shape of the line but I was wondering what it could mean.
The line does not seem like a scratch on the last pic of the raw.

kkck
March 24, 2010, 12:54 PM
So Aizen did send the gillian to KT when ishida used the hollow bate. That actually explains the randomness of that event.

Actually, it makes perfect sense that Aizen has been observing ichigo since his birth. There are far too many connections. We already knew ishin had connection to aizen due to his meeting with urahara and that strongly suggests ishin actually lost his powers partly due to aizen. We also know Grand fisher was a hollow under aizens command. I would think Aizen had a hand in GF being there when masaki died. Anyways, it does seem there are too many connections between aizen and ichigo even if only through other people-urahara, masaki, ishin, GF-.

Wonder what masaki was though. There are a number of possibilities. She could have been either a spiritually aware human -which would add up to my theory of ichigo becoming a hybrid due to being a a soul with shinigami powers attached to a human body through the chain of fate-, a hollow of some form and last but not least something entirely new. I would doubt she was a hybrid herself since a hybrid having a hybrid son would not really be anything special. I guess there is still a small chance she was indeed a hybrid. I would venture a guess and say whatever masaki actually was, she lost her powers like ishin did which is why she could not really fight GF. I kinda think being a hybrid -arrancar- is actually more plausible than her being a hollow though. Hollows are monsters who seek souls. They lack human shapes and even when they have it they do not look human at all. If she was an arrancar then she simply had to use a gigai which could conceal her mask. I would lean towards her being a spiritually aware human though. On another note, it would be kinda cliche that ichigo was a hybrid because his dad was a shinigami and his mom was a hollow. It'd be more interesting if she is not a hollow IMHO.

Wonder what part the vizards took in the past when something happened between aizen and ichigo's parents though. Ishin did not really seem to be fond of them. Perhaps the vizards learned of ichigo's special existence and tried to recruit him as a baby -basically a kidnap-.

At least it is confirmed ichigo's soul was never truly human and he was actually born a vizard. I did say that a number of times but people still seemed to believe it was during the urahara training that he became a hybrid.

clodhopper
March 24, 2010, 12:56 PM
Sorry, wrong chapter... http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/186/18-19/ @ Charlie-kun.
Yeah I knew it was there somewhere but I got excited and re-read those 3 chapters with him in it and prematurely just linked one of the better ones.

Weapon_X
March 24, 2010, 12:57 PM
Seriously, Aizen was going to burst something out but Isshin didn't want Ichigo to hear what Aizen was gonna say right at the end when he stopped at mid-sentence. I think he was gonna explain to Ichigo as to what he was, it might be true, he is a perfect hybrid. Or it could have been something totally different that we wouldn't have gussed but would have been uber shocking to us. Aizen is the man.

kkck
March 24, 2010, 01:03 PM
Ok, i just thought of something. When ichigo awoke his shinigami powers, zangetsu told him that what rukia's power did to him was basically to awaken his own power. This is obvious evidence that ichigo had shinigami powers long before he ever met rukia. How is it that ichigo knowing this never thought it was strange or how it was weird that every member of his family was spiritually aware. His dad was acting his way through life but he still could have had considered his mom was not precisely a normal human.

SenninSage
March 24, 2010, 01:04 PM
Wait just a minute now, there is this much more to the story regarding why Ichigo is both Shinigami and Hollow, and on top of it all, he was born that way!?

Holy crap! I can't believe my eyes, Kubo is actually doing some serious story progression here.

Isshin cut Aizen off before he said the rest, but it's obvious what he was going to say. So it would seem that there is some special reason for why Ichigo is the way that he is currently, and Isshin, his father, knows all about it. Was it an experiment of some kind, was it because his father's also a hybrid himself, was it because his mother was a hollow of some type, maybe a natural arrancar?

This development is most interesting in the best of ways.

ThaGreatOne
March 24, 2010, 01:08 PM
Pretty epic with my 3rd favorite character (Behind Urahara and Gin) showing up however there isn't anything that suggests that Isshin is as strong ro stronger than aizen yet so people need to hold up on that. Also if Aizen knows everything about Ichigo's life that means he knows about Isshin as well. Whether Isshin is under control of KS is up to Kubo but it's time to figure out where Isshin stands in this "war". If he joined Aizen I'd would have to laugh. Only thing is we'll have to wait another week to find out more about Isshin

clodhopper
March 24, 2010, 01:10 PM
Isshin cut Aizen off before he said the rest, but it's obvious what he was going to say.
Ok, I truncated your post for which you have my apologies. Suffice it to say I agreed with pretty much most, if not all, of it. However this bit here that I've left is what I don't agree with. I personally don't think it's obvious what he was going to say. Aizen could have literally said anything there that was either the truth, a guess on his part or even an outright lie. Most of us seem to think it's going to end 'hollow' or 'human' but it could be ... well, anything really. I think that's what's got all of us so excited since half of forever.

SenninSage
March 24, 2010, 01:10 PM
Pretty epic with my 3rd favorite character (Behind Urahara and Gin) showing up however there isn't anything that suggests that Isshin is as strong ro stronger than aizen yet so people need to hold up on that. Also if Aizen knows everything about Ichigo's life that means he knows about Isshin as well. Whether Isshin is under control of KS is up to Kubo but it's time to figure out where Isshin stands in this "war". If he joined Aizen I'd would have to laugh. Only thing is we'll have to wait another week to find out more about Isshin

I really don't believe Isshin would be here right now if he were not as strong as Aizen is.

Isshin speaks to him as a total equal, and we've also never seen Isshin lose his cool. I'm willing to bet Isshin is as powerful as the Captain Commander.