PDA

View Full Version : Movie Warner Brothers in Film Talks for Bleach Manga

TemplateR
March 22, 2010, 05:28 AM
The Hollywood Reporter newspaper's Heat Vision blog reports that the American film studio Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Tite Kubo's Bleach supernatural action manga series. Director Peter Segal (Get Smart, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is lining himself up to produce, but not direct. The manga's North American publisher Viz Media and Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing would also produce the proposed project.

The manga follows a 15-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who becomes a Soul Reaper — a "Shinigami" or "God of Death" who protects humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them. Shueisha publishes the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan, and Studio Pierrot has been adapting the manga on television and in movie theaters since 2004. The Adult Swim programming block of America's Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV channel have been running the anime.

Warner Brothers has already acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note supernatural suspense manga, which — like Bleach — is published by Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan and by Viz Media in North America. Along with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production company, Warner Brothers is also developing adaptations of Yoshiaki Kawajiri and MADHOUSE's Ninja Scroll action anime film and Katsuhiro Otomo and Kodansha's Akira science-fiction manga. Viz set up an office in Hollywood in 2008 to promote Viz's properties to Hollywood interests.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-22/warner-brothers-in-talks-for-live-action-bleach-film

I smell "Dragonball Evoluion"-Part 2.

I mean Death Note, Ninja Scroll and Akira can be filmed as film adaptation with actors, because of their Stories.

But Bleach ? I don´t imagine how would the story like :blink:blink

I see I have posted in the wrong forum-section. Can someone of MH-Team switch the topic ?

Negative Syndicate
March 22, 2010, 08:20 AM
I'm also smelling another one of Dragonball Evolution. I don't think live action for Bleach is good idea.

AkatsukiNoTobi
March 22, 2010, 08:35 AM
Didn't Kubo say somewhere that he'd never allow BLEACH to be turned into a live-action movie?

Sparkling Chidori
March 22, 2010, 09:22 AM
Didn't Kubo say somewhere that he'd never allow BLEACH to be turned into a live-action movie?

I hope so. A film like this though could be amazing if the same approach was made for it as say, Batman: The Dark Knight. Not just because that film is so good but it's serious, heavy, realistic considering it's a superhero movie.

I just hate the approach on things like this being made into films. The movies are rubbish and it just seems like a money scheme more than anything.

I would rather a few more good animated movies.

MissMinako
March 22, 2010, 09:24 AM

God, I hope not! Dragonball Evolution was so horrible in my opinion , I just couldn't stand to watch it longer than 2 minutes. A Bleach life-action movie made by an American film studio seems like a nightmare to me. Hollywood sure makes great movies, but they should just stay away from manga and anime
I can't imagine how the actors would pronounce Japanese words like "shinigami", "zanpakutou" or "getsuga tenshou" :s
o right, they would probably translate all Japanese words and names

TemplateR
March 22, 2010, 09:33 AM
I can't imagine how the actors would pronounce Japanese words like "shinigami", "zanpakutou" or "getsuga tenshou" :s

I watching Bleach Anime in English Dub and there isn´t a pronounce problem of japanese words.

Negative Syndicate
March 22, 2010, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know any good examples for successful/good reception Hollywood films that based on Japanese manga/anime series?

The main reason for I'm against Bleach Hollywood movie is that there are not much good examples for support it.

Rei Ayanami
March 22, 2010, 10:50 AM
Warner Bros didn't have much luck with Speed Racer, though it did have a $120 million budget.

If Warner Bros is going to adapt something with that kinda budget it should be GANTZ

Exodi
March 22, 2010, 10:52 AM
Bleach + live action = No, please and thank you.

I just don't see it working. Another Dragonball Evolution.

Rei Ayanami
March 22, 2010, 11:09 AM
They should get Michael Bay to direct. lol

thornofcarrion
March 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
Oh please not a live action movie. DBZ Evolution was a disaster and I don't want to see Bleach turning into a live action movie. I can't find any Hollywood actor/actress to fill Ichigo or any other character's shoes. Even if its made, I will not watch it. I had my lesson from the past attempts.

sindergi
March 22, 2010, 01:47 PM

Kubo wouldn´t be the first person who changed their opinion because of money.........

Saint Markus
March 22, 2010, 06:15 PM
Kubo did specify that, but he's in no real position to make the final decision on that. WSJ still owns distribution rights and if they can profit from a live action Bleach movie, they'll allow it.

personally, i'm with Kubo, Bleach is best left to anime and manga. manga mostly.

CBlitz
March 22, 2010, 07:08 PM
They should get Michael Bay to direct. lol

I agree, a Bleach movie would be awesome with tons of explosions, a shaky cam, overabundant CGI and a cheesy script. Hell yeah I'd watch the shit out of that movie :3

Zatono
March 22, 2010, 07:27 PM
I don't see how this movie can even work without having previous knowledge of what Bleach is. It'd be lame if we get into the movie and Ichigo suddenly uses GT and bankai, because people that aren't familiar with the series wouldn't know what the hell is going on. A simple recap wouldn't cover all that.

Although, I doubt that a lot of people that aren't familiar with Bleach would even watch at all. Unlike DBZ, Bleach wasn't popularized during prime-time networking for kids. Remember Toonami? How it made anime famous in the US? Series such as Prince of Tennis, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing...they were all great, and were extremely popular in the US because kids back then like me watched em. Ever since Toonami got kicked off CN, anime has basically disappeared from prime-time hours, besides the occasional movie every couple of months.

I'm not even sure why I'm ranting like this, because I'd watch the movie regardless. It's just that I don't want to see critics rip the movie without actually understanding why it's bad, which is inevitable.

Akiyama
March 22, 2010, 07:31 PM
I would go see the movie if it came out in theaters. I haven't watched the DBZ movie and the only time I'll check it out is on a few conditions. It's airing in TV, I'm drunk, too lazy to get up or change the channel. Manga movies are very rare in America and I'm not going to miss an opportunity to watch bleach on the big screen. Even if it sucks, I'll spend my money just because I want to see CG hollows and we don't know any of the actors that could play as Ichigo. This movie could be 2~4 years away in production. I'm getting hyped up for nothing. -____-

Hystzen
March 22, 2010, 07:48 PM
*sigh* this has fail all over it the only good live action i seen was the Death Note japan did that did a good job but if hollywood does it all they care about is putting reconizable actors in roles not caring about the film worst news i heard in ages this

Shiro-kun
March 22, 2010, 11:33 PM
The honest truth should be told..

These type of works dont make as movies , seriously after DB evolution they should just lead it up for the japanese companies if they want to make a live action movie =_=

seriously anime to live action adaption sucks assssssssss (The Death Note movie was okay since it wasnt a radical superhuman powerfilled anime/manga).

Richo
March 23, 2010, 02:04 AM
I dont support A bleach live action, but I should remind everyone that in the DBZ evolution we expected some greate effects with flying, fighting and energy blasts wich is impossible at this time. the early volumes of bleach dont include such things, just some slicing with ichigo his zanpaktou. Its only at the training with urahara that ichigo shows his getsuga tenshou. In terms of special effects the early volumes of bleach are easy, as the most difficult part would be the hollows and the basic Kidou rukia used and iirc the binding Kidou was invisible to start with.
However adapting reasonable movie actors to the looks of the anime will proof difficult, however abit easier then with the DBZ movie (Oversized muscles anyone? piccollo?)

Shisu
March 23, 2010, 04:53 AM
IMO they shouldn't make live action movies of an ongoing Manga.
It will just ruin their image.

AlB
March 23, 2010, 06:06 AM
I hope so. A film like this though could be amazing if the same approach was made for it as say, Batman: The Dark Knight. Not just because that film is so good but it's serious, heavy, realistic considering it's a superhero movie.

I just hate the approach on things like this being made into films. The movies are rubbish and it just seems like a money scheme more than anything.

I would rather a few more good animated movies.

I'm with you on this man. if they are going to make it they should create a dark, serious, realistic, philosopical movie, not some rubbish for 5 year old kids
<hr noshade size="1">

Guys and girls, remember what date it will be in 8 days, after that you can complain or praise it ;)

why, what happens in 8 days?
<hr noshade size="1">

God, I hope not! Dragonball Evolution was so horrible in my opinion , I just couldn't stand to watch it longer than 2 minutes. A Bleach life-action movie made by an American film studio seems like a nightmare to me. Hollywood sure makes great movies, but they should just stay away from manga and anime

shinigami - soul reaper
zanpakutou - soul slayer
getsuga tenshou - GETSUGA TENSHO

btw. I won't watch the movie unless they cast chuck norris as Aizen :D:D LOLZ

DEATHBOTT
March 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
unless they plan on making more than one they would have to completly redo the story or just stick to the first arc.

also are they gonna have an asian guy with ginger hair? lol

sarutobi_sensei
March 23, 2010, 07:12 AM

God I hope Kubo doesn't allow it.

What happens in 9 days ?

pranabowjake
March 23, 2010, 07:37 AM
God I hope Kubo doesn't allow it.

What happens in 9 days ?

does no one look at the calender? march 23rd + 9 days = april 1st... and what is april 1st?...exactly
[hr]
btw, i hope that is the case, dont need to give the halo nerds another reason to talk

wonderhollow
March 23, 2010, 08:18 AM
Kubo did specify that, but he's in no real position to make the final decision on that. WSJ still owns distribution rights and if they can profit from a live action Bleach movie, they'll allow it.

uhm. Allow me to say that in manga it is the mangakas who own the intellectual property, and without their approval nothing goes, and that's preciselly why they get roalties in every single thing their characters are involved - be it posters, videogames, etc. (let's say, unlike in DC comics and Marvel, who own the rights to the characters and can do with them whatever they want or come up with). Distribution is not equal to the right of exploration of a franchise by means not approved by the rights holder.

I hope this movie never takes place and Kubo doesn't change his mind. Just thinking of some typical Hollywood actors wearing shinigami clothes gives me the chills. Not even Aizen has the power to create such havoc as this movie would to the world of Bleach. Anyway, after DBE, how can anyone be optimistic about the final result? impossible-__-

Zatono
March 23, 2010, 12:51 PM
We can always get our hopes up though, wonderhollow. Like, imagine if we have special effects like we did in Avatar. Things like that.

There's only one real hope I have for this movie though, which is that I hope they don't just cast random asian actors. Haven't the directors noticed that these mangaka's are obviously NOT modeling their characters after Japanese people? There are very few exceptions in Bleach where you can actually cast an asian actor to play a character.

Tabaro Foka
March 23, 2010, 01:30 PM
It will be fun to see how they will made Gillian :D.Look This is a giant Pinochio

patedecarne
March 23, 2010, 01:41 PM
Warner is out of his mind, there's no other explanation :oh

OK, I'd go and watch the movie, as I'm an avid Bleach fan, but I'm not expecting anything better than DB Evolution. Wonder who will play Komamura :D

And even if Kubo said that he would never allow a movie, you know, in our fantastic capitalism, money >>>>>>>>> everything else. So for a large sum of money, Kubo will forget about his former thoughts. :notrust

Hystzen
March 23, 2010, 01:50 PM
i wud watch it but see it as a comedy i mean come on in real life characters like Chad, Ichigo and renji wud look ridonculous and dont get started on hollows.. i wud also laugh at the re-hash of the plot they will come up that wont be pretty

Travis
March 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
I think this is a very bad idea.

However, if they could fit the story from the beginning up to when Byakuya kicked his ass and took Rukia back to SS as the ending of the first movie it might work. Of course they would have to include Chad and Ishida.

They could then potentially use the SS arc as a second movie.

Still don't see how they could do the action sequences or hollow fights.

Not sure how they could fit all of that story into one movie and make it good and not rushed.

DARK
March 23, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'm not expecting much out of this project.
The last time that they tried to adapt a hit manga/anime series in Japan into an American live action movie... Well, let's just say it's something I wish that would have never happened.

skye_4444
March 23, 2010, 10:01 PM
If they actually do end up making the movie it may be interesting to see. At least it's worth seeing just to try it out. I don't want to say something like "I absolutely refuse to see it" then miss out if it ends up being pretty good.

Epic_Rider
March 23, 2010, 11:17 PM
The problem is there is almost no chance that it's going to be good at all. Hollywood doesn't have a good record of making adaptions from other sources, especially manga, and Bleach is a bit over the top and unsuited for a live-action adaptation. The only thing that would be less suited for a live-action adaptation would be Naruto or Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagan.

Oh well, maybe they'll hit on that million-to-one chance and it'll actually be good.

Maybe.

Aikidoka
March 24, 2010, 06:02 PM
I for one plan on watching it, if only to laugh at how horribly Hollywood butchers it.

Who knows, maybe they'll get Nick Simmons in on the project. That would be hilarious.

thedarkoneaox
March 24, 2010, 11:07 PM
See the problem isnt really that animes and manga cant be made into movies, its when they take Goku and turn him into a valley boy whos in highschool being picked on by bullies. They want to try and turn it from what it original was into something they feel can pull the anime/manga fans because of what it's supposed to be meanwhile pull young females into the seats hoping to make the next Twilight or teenage heartthrob so they can try to keep the money going... Think about Dead or Alive, they hyped that movie up so bad, yet Bayman wasnt even close to russian, kevin nash was Bass? Dont feel bad, I think even though I dread stating the name The Last Airbender is doomed to feel the same curse. Matter of fact not even that... Zatono point was great on every aspect from a certain stand point. Look at the latest Martial Art movie, Ninja Assassin, just about every critic that I read was like it was the worse thing they ever seen, his acting was horrible, cheesy stunts, cheesy effects, that he needed to quit that he disrespected greats like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and Jet Li. Yet and I can say that 99% of the movies they brought out, critics ripped them to shreds, but if you check out Chuck Norris movies, and a bunch of Jean Claude movies alot of them didnt get bad reviews(wont say all their movies passed but 90% did)Not saying anything racial or anything like that, what I am saying is most of us here are worried about Content, however what they sell most is context... Most movies are like those drug commericals, "This movie may cause you to get pissed off cause we ripped you out of your movie, yet we will complain from our 90million dollar houses while carrying across a roach with a 2 million dollar angel teardrop studded heavenium collar and try to get everyone locked up if you download or copy this crappy movie that I wouldnt wipe my deadsea scroll cesspool turdmonger butt with it. sorry got into a rant... Needless to say I will support an author, artist, singer or whatever... I just hate it when these corporate errr put their opinions into stuff and crap it up than want to leave it for the public to feel burned by it, and the star or whatever to take the heat...

Paccu-Jay Official
March 25, 2010, 08:32 PM
They're trying to do what they have done with comics in the west , and it only works best with western comics seeing as the movies were produced in the west just like the comics.

If your going to make Bleach a live action get the asian cinema to produce it and then realise it later over here by DVD/Blu Ray or something.

This film will be a flop , people say it MIGHT have potential if its done in a sort of story heavy serious tone , but thats not what Bleach is all about , theres comedy , theres ecchi parts , theres badass fight scenes, Japanese puns and idiosyncrasy.

I do not say this with bias , DBZ-E was something I wanted to give a shot , I watched the film and in all honesty i was amazed at how rushed appalling and far off from the manga it was ! how am i supposed to trust Hollywood to rectify there mistakes with my precious Bleach and make it a good film ?

Tite Kubo , we your fans , who you create Bleach for do not like this one bit. I say Mangahelpers and other sites unite and make a petition !

Back on the west vs east example. Look at spiderman , brilliant comic,tv cartoon series etc and cinema movie that was made in the west. now when it was brought to Japan it was changed dramatically ,to spiderman fans dismay , adding stuff like mecha robots etc it just didn't match with the original story and this is the case with what would happen to Bleach and what has happend with DBZ-E.

kkck
March 28, 2010, 03:04 AM
Ok, I just found out about this and I must say I was quite surprised. I guess it makes sense considering the manga is reasonably popular in the states.

I don't think this movie should be made though. Seriously, if they trashed the characters just 0.0000000000000001 of what they did with dragon ball then the movie is going to be overwhelmingly bad. I don't think it is physically or humanly possible to make or even conceive a movie which is actually worst than dragon ball evolution but I do believe there are people out there who will try.

Problem with warner making a bleach movie is that they will not even consider making the movie vaguely resemble the manga. They are gonna "americanize" the characters into something which does not resemble the characters we all know and love. I bet this are some of the things which the movie would try:

1.- Ichigo would desperately follow orihime around every day begging for a date. Orhime will ignore him. Ichigo will be a social reject who gets beat up every day.

2.- Orihime will have no of her freak -see the first chapters of the manga for what I mean- and will probably be completely oblivious to anyone but herself. Tatsuki will be the bitchie friend who thinks ichigo and his friends are dorks.

3.- Chad.... seriously, too easy to trash the guy....

4.- Urahara.... I am already crying tears of blood just thinking what they could do to this guy....

I really hope this movie is not made. If it is made, I would see it though. After the DB fiasco I just can fathom any USA studio making this type of manga into something which resembles a half decent movie. I don't see how the humor, echie, fighting scenes and everything which makes bleach, well, bleach can be put in a big screen without destroying and chaging it completely. I don't want to see ichigo turned into a stupid, generic redneck as goku was.

We all will know this movie will suck when a no talent worthless redneck like Justin Chatwin -or any other mediocre cheap actor- gets casted as ichigo. On another note, the girl from zombie land might play a decent rukia though.

Lets all pray to the gods of manga this movie is NEVER made. Protect bleach, hail the cookies, peach out.

BigJDelux
March 29, 2010, 10:22 AM
I agree, a Bleach movie would be awesome with tons of explosions, a shaky cam, overabundant CGI and a cheesy script. Hell yeah I'd watch the shit out of that movie :3

yeah i could probably go for that too! :tem hollywood is the land of unoriginal bastards now. . . their only option are our most treasured things. i can see nothing but the ruination of a great manga/anime franchise if this comes to pass

kkck
March 29, 2010, 04:58 PM
yeah i could probably go for that too! :tem hollywood is the land of unoriginal bastards now. . . their only option are our most treasured things. i can see nothing but the ruination of a great manga/anime franchise if this comes to pass

The main problem I see with this movie is that they are gonna turn perfectly likeable characters and humor and turn them into average rednecks. If you think about it, ichigo and Uryu have no conceivable place in a USA movie school. Ichigo is a guy who studies very hard -because he has nothing better to do-, could kick the crap out of a number of bullies on his own, is indiferent to social life and yet manages to have a number of friends for whom he would die. Ichigo would have no place among bullies, nerds, geeks or whatever other place in a stereotipical high school. Uryu is even in a worst position. He looks like a stereotypical nerd, yet we know he would destroy a bully without trying. He gets good grades, is respected, likes to sew, and is completely indifferent to social life. He simply cannot be placed in a stereotipical USA high school and be the same Uryu we all know, his position there simply is non existent. It pains me to say it but the closest thing you could get to ichigo while "americanizing" him is.... well... fonzie -ahhhhh the HORROR, the TRAGEDY, the humanity, what has the world come to. for the love of God just put an end to it ALL :o-....

Almost as much as an americanized ichigo -henceforth referred to as fonzchigo- it would pain me to see an americanized chad. He would have a huge crappy as shit mustache, a horrible accent -not anything like the spanish speaking accents which are considered cool- and a freaking sombrero. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND PURE IN THIS WORLD DO NOT TURN CHAD INTO AN STEREOTYPICAL USA MEXICAN.

All in all, this movie has the potential to suck so much it could actually make Justin Chatwin appear to be a decent goku -which he wasn't, he was trash, garbage, an overwhelming failure, I honestly want to punch him in the face for being such a worthless piece of trash human being and doing what he did to a manga and anime which has inspired millions-. On the other hand, this movie has no potential to be above average....

sojiroseta98
March 29, 2010, 06:46 PM
Epic Fail!.....i'm sure 100 other people have already named the other failed anime movie attempts so i wont....

But if they have to Milk Bleach for all its worth then i suggest doing it this way

Death Note, came out with a Japanese Live action which was SUCCESSFUL....(or more successful then most)....now apparently from that, about 10 Major Hollywood Studios have expressed interest in re-telling it in Hollywood.....so do a test run first and see

tho to me the only concept they should keep is the idea of soul reapers/Shinigami...as well as some lil conscepts....if they go into too much detail in the bleach world it either will require too much CGI money, or will not have enough CGI money which will result in shitty graphics....not to mention its impossibly hard to westernize many parts of Bleach since it has alot to do with traditional Japanese stuff that MOST North Americans or most of the world simply cannot understand.....

the idea is good....the idea of bleach......

wiwaneko
March 30, 2010, 05:34 PM
If they actually make a movie of Bleach...I think I might kill myself. I'd be embarrassed to even admit that I read the manga.

I don't know, I think it'll just give Bleach a bad name. I don't even see how making a live action of it would be necessary.

Revolation
April 03, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hayden Christenson for Ichigo!

that would suck big time, but seeing as ichigo does act kind of emo sometimes, it does seem to be the person who would get picked for him

also, Nick Simmons for Kiego!

Hystzen
April 03, 2010, 05:57 PM
nah it all bout ben affleck or josh harnett for ichigo :P. lol i will laugh at this it the most stupid thing ever it like if they tried making a FF:AC a live action it would fail but if they did bleach like the animation in FF:AC it would be cool (if people insult FF:AC then you need to watch the Complete version is miles better and makes wayyyyy more sense). i gota admit a guilty thing i like the sound of the Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves he could pull of Spikes coolness

Revolation
April 03, 2010, 07:03 PM
nah it all bout ben affleck or josh harnett for ichigo :P. lol i will laugh at this it the most stupid thing ever it like if they tried making a FF:AC a live action it would fail but if they did bleach like the animation in FF:AC it would be cool (if people insult FF:AC then you need to watch the Complete version is miles better and makes wayyyyy more sense). i gota admit a guilty thing i like the sound of the Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves he could pull of Spikes coolness

i learned all i need to know about ben affleck from family guy:darn

what is FF:AC?

Hystzen
April 03, 2010, 07:25 PM
i learned all i need to know about ben affleck from family guy:darn

what is FF:AC?

FF:AC-final fantasy advent children they used actors for motion only but the cgi is like whoaaaaaaaaaaaa plus the end fight is kind of bleach style flying in air stabbing each other the usual. it would be the only way Bleach would work as a major Cgi film. plus you can do lik FF:AC japanese voices so the anime VAs have a job :D

kkck
April 04, 2010, 09:39 PM
So, what actors do you think might be chosen to utterly trash bleach now? I don't see the Hayden Christenson does not play ichigi... Ichigo is not emo, he just has anger issues.

I have thought about this but I really can't see many actors fitting the rolls. Here are some ideas I had.

Ichigo: No clue.
Orihime: Danielle Panabaker
Rukia: Emma Stone **I liked her in zombieland**
Tatsuki: Any asian girl. I honestly can't tell the difference -no offense intended-
Soifon: Same as tatsuki -no ofense intended-
Kyoraku:Liam Neeson -he could do ukitake or zangetsu too-
Ukitake: Dunno... **can't have Liam nelson play both**
Yamamoto: NOT CHOW JUN FAT. Perhaps the old Chinese guy from Kill Bill lol. Clint Eastwood?
Uryu: Some asian guy.... -I can't tell the difference-
Chad: I guess a huge mexican teen. I can't think of anyone like that though.
Ishin: Harrison Ford -Even I lol at this one but I think he could play a half decent ishin-
Kempachi: Schwarzenegger? lol -too old for the roll though-

The movie would be damn expensive with all those people though.

Revolation
April 04, 2010, 09:45 PM
So, what actors do you think might be chosen to utterly trash bleach now? I don't see the Hayden Christenson does not play ichigi... Ichigo is not emo, he just has anger issues.

I have thought about this but I really can't see many actors fitting the rolls. Here are some ideas I had.

Ichigo: No clue.
Orihime: Danielle Panabaker
Rukia: Emma Stone **I liked her in zombieland**
Tatsuki: Any asian girl. I honestly can't tell the difference -no offense intended-
Soifon: Same as tatsuki -no ofense intended-
Kyoraku:Liam Neeson -he could do ukitake or zangetsu too-
Ukitake: Dunno... **can't have Liam nelson play both**
Yamamoto: NOT CHOW JUN FAT. Perhaps the old Chinese guy from Kill Bill lol. Clint Eastwood?
Uryu: Some asian guy.... -I can't tell the difference-
Chad: I guess a huge mexican teen. I can't think of anyone like that though.
Ishin: Harrison Ford -Even I lol at this one but I think he could play a half decent ishin-
Kempachi: Schwarzenegger? lol -too old for the roll though-

The movie would be damn expensive with all those people though.

zac effron for ichigo?

XD:darn

seriously i can't think of anything else

but hayden does get alot of bashing for his "emo acting", but he was just playing the script of anakin anyway

i'm sure he could play a diff character besides anakin just fine.

oh yeah, and will smith or denzel washington for tousen. XD lol

kkck
April 04, 2010, 09:53 PM
If that guy gets casted for ichigo I would not even bother seeing the movie.

Will smith might be a decent tousen but I don't denzel washinton might do. He seems to rough for the job. I think Smith could pull the emo part considerably better.

Efren Ramirez for Chad! **beaner from napoleon dynamite**

Hystzen
April 05, 2010, 12:03 PM
ichigo played by ichigos eng VA- jonny young boosch (he was the black power ranger so he would own as ichigo).
yamma should be played by sonny chiba..uryu should be- Nicolas Tse aizen should be donnie yen :D

Young Aizen
April 06, 2010, 02:00 AM
I don't know if that would be a good idea but i definitely know who should be Aizen if they did create a live action Bleach film lol
:tem

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060626/060626_superman_vmed_11a.widec.jpg

kkck
April 08, 2010, 12:12 AM
^Actually, that is not that bad an aizen. He has an ass on his chin though, that would be my only complain.

As for the power range guy, he is far too old to play a teenager.

AlB
April 08, 2010, 08:46 AM
Cast:

1.Ichigo - some guy
2.Rukia - some gal
3.Byakuya - eh, I'd give anything to see young Bruce Willis in Byakushi's role(remember his "the jackal" performance? all this cold bastard, don't-give-a-bull-about-anything-just-doing-ma-job type?) but, that ain't possible
4.Yamamoto - old man version of Ken Watanabe (I know it's possible with make-up and everything)
5.Komamura - chichuachua. :p
6.Shunsui - Johnny Depp. AND YES I MEAN IT. Not much resemblence but THE ATTITUDE PEOPLE!
7.Aizen - Chuck Norris AND I'LL HAVE IT NO OTHER WAY!

while I'd love to see Bleach Live Action Movie, I'm a bit disturbed at the fact that WB are the ones to do it. they have bad experience with adaptaions, remember Harry Potter? it was pathetic

kkck
April 12, 2010, 04:05 PM
Harry potter wasn't all that bad. If the movies are not that good in general it is because the books themselves are written at a mediocre level at best, nothing more than an ordinary and mediocre mystery book. Not above the level of average best sellers in terms of literary writing -to my everlasting shame I can't I have not read the books though, I was young and stupid-. In general, the adaptations of the HP books were fairly well done considering what they were working with.

I still think Liam Neeson could pull of an awesome shunsui. Give him a little beard, long hair and he already has a cook voice for the part. Only problem with him is that shunsui has to look a tad relaxed at all times, not sure if he could pull that of.

Hystzen
April 12, 2010, 05:39 PM
mr j.depp could pull off urahara easily. liam neeson as shunsui hmmmm i think more ukitake or mayuri (mayuri would be awesome).

kkck
April 12, 2010, 05:55 PM
I don't see neeson pulling mayuri mayuri but he would pull a fair ukitake -I did mention that in a previous post-. Depp could be a much better mayuri than he would be an urahara though.

Hystzen
April 12, 2010, 06:12 PM
i could see depp easily doing the chilled out comic urahara then the switch to serious mode. i agree with your previous post will smith for Tousen

Revolation
April 12, 2010, 06:50 PM
i could see depp easily doing the chilled out comic urahara then the switch to serious mode. i agree with your previous post will smith for Tousen

ok so we got johnny depp for urahara
will smith for tousen
the guy in that picture that "young aizen" posted that looks exactly like aizen for aizen

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060626/060626_superman_vmed_11a.widec.jpg

justin beiber for keigo, lol i mean nick simmons for keigo:tem

then who will do yoruichi?:darn:darn:darn:darnno way i just had a epiphany, yoruichi will be like the cat off of sabrina the teenage witch:tem:tem:tem
[hr]

I don't see neeson pulling mayuri mayuri but he would pull a fair ukitake -I did mention that in a previous post-. Depp could be a much better mayuri than he would be an urahara though.

how about depp for mayuri and urahara.

"green screen is teh magikz" if you know what i mean:amuse

Hystzen
April 12, 2010, 07:19 PM
Megan Fox for Yoruchi she looks the type who wont care about been naked when transforms into human form plus she is ooooooooooo.

like some when posted he has a bum on his chin so when Aizen revels his plan i wont listen just think wow bumm chin. Aizen needs to be a cool annoying loves his voice character....hmm Gackt but his acting sucks....acutally put him in this film would suck live action any way

shinsengumi
April 12, 2010, 07:58 PM
i think it will be the same as all the other cartoon+game+anime etc... adaptations where there is a big-long plot and a huge cast to show ..
they will change the plot to the point where it can not be called bleach anymore
and they will only show the most important chars (in their opinions) and rule the others out...
in short , it will suck big time ...

the most recent example of this shit is The King Of Fighters

for those who never heard of this name : KOF is a fighting game which is 16 years old right now with more than 16 games (kof94,kof95,kof96,kof97 etc..etc..) and only second to street fighter's popularity in arcade world with more than 60 chars in total..

........... and in it's movie adaptations

first of all - the plot is bullshit - you even wonder why they named the film KOF since there isnt even the slightest resemblance between the game and the film -i mean it ,there is NONE

-none of the actors look anything like the chars they are playing.. not even the costumes or skin colors or hair colors or facial expressions or ...

The protagonist of the story who is normally japanese is an american emo-dude in the movie (this is the only reason i need to hate that movie... dont get me wrong,not because he's american :D but the main plot is deeply connected with japanese myths and the main chars are also.. there is no room for a non-japanese char in there)

espadaboyzz
April 12, 2010, 08:44 PM
I don't think the production will take too many famous celebrities.. they will find and do the audition to choose the most suitable actor for each character. It happened in many film and they starting famous after that. I just want Tyra Banks to be Tia Harribel...interesting!!

kkck
April 29, 2010, 01:12 PM
how about depp for mayuri and urahara.

I don't think depp would be a good urahara. Urahara is supposed to be more of a melee fighter -as evidence by his short fight against yammi, aizen and wonderweiss-. He should be someone with a stronger overall built IMO. Depp would do wonders with the whole mayuri being derange. Depp doing both would be a tad much though lol.
[hr]

I don't think the production will take too many famous celebrities.. they will find and do the audition to choose the most suitable actor for each character. It happened in many film and they starting famous after that. I just want Tyra Banks to be Tia Harribel...interesting!!

Don't u think halle berry would be a much better harribel than tyra lol....
[hr]
So... has this imminent catastrophy been stopped already? Bleach fans of the world should make a huge scandal to stop this movie from happening... USA companies already utterly failed with DB and do not deserve a second chance. We can't go through that again...

goldb
April 29, 2010, 05:58 PM
I don't think Hollywood should ever meddle with mangas trying to make live action movies, DB was the mother of all fails and I'd hate to see another mediocre attempt.

ninjaman
May 04, 2010, 07:50 AM
bleach movie can be good if it gets a good director. A comedy director making bleach will be a fail though. Dragonball evolution could have been a good movie but the director screwed it up and ruined my dream -.-.[ dragonball evolution gets a -1/10]
[hr]

Megan Fox for Yoruchi she looks the type who wont care about been naked when transforms into human form plus she is ooooooooooo.

like some when posted he has a bum on his chin so when Aizen revels his plan i wont listen just think wow bumm chin. Aizen needs to be a cool annoying loves his voice character....hmm Gackt but his acting sucks....acutally put him in this film would suck live action any way

she is white not black so that fails.

Xerneas
June 03, 2010, 12:01 PM
A BLEACH live-action movie would likely fail. These kinds of series never translate well in real life because manga is more over-the-top than western comics, in regards to character features etc. It would be very hard to choose a fitting cast, for starters. Then there's the fact that comic characters are more grounded and they're so well known worldwide that the studio can almost throw them right into the story without a background. EVERYONE knows Superman/Batman etc, manga can't compete with that so you have to start any manga movie from the very beginning of the series. No Ichigo with Ban Kai etc etc.

Also lol @ Megan Fox as Yoruichi. Just no. Especially with Michael Bay as the potential director? :eyeroll Thats even worse than people wanting Beyoncé to do Wonder Woman. Don't know about her acting skills, but Kelly Rowland unintentionally did a pretty good Yoruichi impression in her new video for the song "Commander". Hot track and fitting title too. Search for it cause linking is useless - new videos get taken down in a flash these days.

Late EDIT: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc3ODgxMjEy.html :nuts

Arrogance
June 07, 2010, 11:03 PM
Wow, this is an interesting topic. But also something that scares me. Honestly I would personally love to see an anime/manga like bleach turned into a live action movie BUT these things always seem to get ruined in the process. Dragonball Evolution anyone? But I personally would love to see it happen if the right people come along and do all the right things in order to make sure the movie isn't half assed and things aren't screwed up. So as of now I'm saying no to warner bothers because I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that they are definitely not the right people and they won't do the right things.

I feel that for things like movies based off animes and mangas to work they would need to be treated like Marvel Superhero movies. These are the next best thing we could use for comparison. In Marvel's movies we enter into worlds that enter into the supernatural with people with super powers and yet they get made well enough where I'm not disappointed nor mad at the movie and feel that the superhero was ruined. Instead I come out feeling overjoyed and amazed at how epic it was. If we could get those feelings transferred over to an anime based movie like Bleach then I would be a happy man and I could die in peace, lol.

DARK
July 04, 2010, 09:46 PM
In my opinion, popular anime/manga series should never be transistioned into live-action. More than likely, the director and the writing staff has never seen the series and will change characters.

Having witnessed the calamity that is Dragonball: Evolution, I'm not too secure on the notion that a popular manga/anime series appealing to a wide range of demographics can be successfully transistioned on to the big screens.

A project of this magnitude should take years of preparation, careful analysis of script writing, finding and evaluating actors for the roles, and consulting the original author (Kubo) for feedback. This has not been done for Dragonball: Evolution and a few other live-action manga/anime movies.

Yes, if anything, Kubo should be involved in the movie's production. If they are planning to make money off his work, he of all people must be consulted before the project goes any further.

Usually I'm not a pessimist, but I can't see this movie project going all too good.

Arrogance
July 04, 2010, 10:08 PM
In my opinion, popular anime/manga series should never be transistioned into live-action. More than likely, the director and the writing staff has never seen the series and will change characters.
Having witnessed the calamity that is Dragonball: Evolution, I'm not too sure if an anime/manga series can successfully be replicated through a live-action movie. This is a project that should take years of preparation, script writing, finding the perfect actors for the characters, and maybe consulting Kubo about his feedback. Yes, if anything, Kubo should be involved in the movie's production. If they are going to take his work to entertain the masses, he of all people must be consulted before the project goes any further.
Usually I'm not a pessimist, but I can't see this movie project going all too good.
One point I like that you bring up is time. I feel like many of these movies get rushed and in the end come out horrible. I had hopes for The Last Airbender for example and it actually had a good trailer but so far its gotten HORRID reviews. I still want to go see it for myself but it seems like it may just be another failed attempt at bringing a anime to the big screen. Honestly I think its something that "could" be done but only if the process of making it was done correctly and people took their time as you said. But in the end everything gets rushed in the movie business so its virtually near to impossible :darn.

kkck
July 05, 2010, 02:44 PM
The problem here is that 90% of what makes a manga interesting cannot be properly brought to live in a live action film. Gags of any form, the mangaka's stile, the humor that relies on how something is drawn.... all of that and most likely many other things are what makes a manga unique, yet you simply cannot bring them into a live action film. Take the frame with the table flying off.. look at ichigo's expression, pose... How can you possibly put that in a live action film? You can't at all, quite frankly it would be outright stupid and ridiculous to see a real life actor doing that. It might not seem like a lot but bleach is full of WTF moments like that and that and without them it is simply not the same. If bleach is made into a movie it will have exactly what made the dragon ball movie such: It'll be devoid of whatever the author gave it to make it cool. Now, IMO this would be something that applies mostly to shounen though, seinen uses less elements which can't be brought into a live action film in general.... IMO seinen is a lot more plot oriented and mood reliant, both of which can be brought into live action quite well(of course, seinen that have topics which are too supernatural or use gags heavily will have the same issues as shounen though).

Kibate
July 05, 2010, 06:09 PM
i voted NO
i actually don't care what studio, what director, what budget is used, i would welcome any kind of Live-action movie/series.
BUT, for god damn BUT use the original script from the manga! Maybe shorten it, but don't change anything for gods sake! Why do directors feel the need to add their own touch to adaptions? Can't they just do their job and adjust a comic to a movie form?

Izznoogood
July 13, 2010, 05:04 AM
Well i would say yes. And thats becouse i think this could be well done with for example the cgi tech that was used in the first Final Fantasy movie, with the directing tech that was used in avatar perhaps?

Make it as real as possible withouth it beeing fully real. Used human acters with the bleach sceenery and effects and did a filler action plot perhaps, take the storyline of Ichigo and co invasion of SS??

I would like to see that :D

kkck
July 20, 2010, 04:37 PM
Well, something like the final fantasy movies would definitely work, I'd love to see that. I do still feel the realism would take away a lot from the plot and humor though. I still don't think things like getsuga tensho or kamehame ha can be designed to look realistic in a live action movie though.... Just look how awful energy attacks were in dragon ball evolution...

wing_gundam
July 26, 2010, 01:41 PM
The problem with LAM (live action movies) is the lack of character development. I think one thing we can all agree on is that what a 400+ chapter manga/anime gives us is some good character development. It's hard to get the same thing in a 1.5 hr movie which is trying to do a relaunch. Some of the comic books have made successful/unsuccessful attempts with better actors. The anime ones are hard because they bring in a lot of asian actors to a western market who have never seen them. Basically anyone who can do some kung fu and say cheesy one liners can be in a LAM.

What makes animated movies so much more successful is that they are NOT relaunches. Sometimes like in One Piece you have those retelling the arc of the past few movies (like #8 and 9) and those unfortunately suck. Why? Because they're relaunching something and trying to stuff all the development into a short time span and really just give some fan service.

The normal new content movies in anime are awesome. They are new content (canon or not) but it gives the audience MORE. It doesn't attempt to summarize or resell you something you already know. I mean the Naruto Shippuden movies kinda suck b/c its always the same story (shrugs) but at least its somewhat better than a LAM.

My proposal: If they want a LAM to succeed, make it for fans who are current. Make it a story that is somewhere near the modern telling of it so people who follow manga don't have to pretend to forget things. There's only one arc that I think would have any meaning in retelling: the original Ichigo rescue Rukia arc. That to me was the most meaningful in the story as everything came out of it. However the producers will probably crap all over it. Tell a new story. Get high paid actors who can make you believe he is Ichigo suffering from the fear between being powerful enough to protect his friends and fighting his inner hollow. Something where he comes to terms with it or therein. Just my opinion.

kkck
July 26, 2010, 02:02 PM
I am curious, is there ANY live action movie which has been decent in the least? Of course, I mean one made from Japannese manga which involves a shounen context..

I agree with what you said about the whole plot development bit. Manga's are way too long and characters evolve far too much for a LAM to compress it all into a 2 hour bit. I don't think they could get the entire SS arc in one movie though. IMHO if they plan a movie they should go from the begining of it until the part where rukia is captured. The big moments of the movie would be where ichigo becomes a shinigami, when ichigo fights rukia's brother, when ichigo fights uryu and the menos and finally when rukia is captured. Even that would be way too much for a single movie but by using some minor alterations to the plot along with some deletions it should be manageable (for instance having rukia captured immediately after ichigo fights the menos). The movie would have to be at least two and a half hours long though.

Nadim
July 26, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm also smelling another one of Dragonball Evolution. I don't think live action for Bleach is good idea.

I think it could work if they do something like volcano high (http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Volcano_High_-_Movie) or The matrix style

Darth Executor
July 26, 2010, 05:16 PM
The problem with LAM (live action movies) is the lack of character development. I think one thing we can all agree on is that what a 400+ chapter manga/anime gives us is some good character development. It's hard to get the same thing in a 1.5 hr movie which is trying to do a relaunch.

It would be easier if they didn't bite off more than they can chew. If they did it and stopped after Rukia is taken back to SS I think it could work, though they probably wouldn't want to since the really cool stuff doesn't start up until the SS arc and they'd be worried nobody will want to see any sequels afterward.

Hystzen
July 26, 2010, 05:33 PM
i quite enjoyed the Death Note j-film.....but i do like L so i like the changes.lol

still this is gona fail...unless we can get another Final Fantasy Advent Children cgi film

leoliox
July 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
Haha.

How can you ever hope to get something decent in a LAM ?
What producers have in mind is :
- make money on a cheap production, by banking on the license and the youth of fans.

It's not to make something cool never done before, nor please fans.
They think : low paid actors, low paid directors and writers, + CGI = 2 million $.
Specially save money on CGI, reiatsu will be expensive => adapt the story.
Then spend double on promotion.
Grab : 6-10 millions worldwide depending if the movie is crap or ridiculous crap.

If they wanted to make something relevant to fans they'd do an AM. (but they already do it)

mars0103
July 27, 2010, 05:28 AM
To be honist I think that bleach is one of the only mangas at the moment that can be done well then any other manga (DBE was the same but WFT it gave Manga LAF's a bad name). My reasoning is that bleach real world is like this one. also we won't get filler. Getting a good director (john woo) and the studio dont interfere it should not suck.

leoliox
July 27, 2010, 08:24 AM
To be honist I think that bleach is one of the only mangas at the moment that can be done well then any other manga (DBE was the same but WFT it gave Manga LAF's a bad name). My reasoning is that bleach real world is like this one. also we won't get filler. Getting a good director (john woo) and the studio dont interfere it should not suck.

Getting a good director : good directors don't do that kind of movie because it's poor and uninspiring material. So even when they do, it still sucks.

Studio not interfere : they interfere with masterpieces all the time, why stop for a LAM ?

Anyway you must realise that this kind of initiative will only come from studios executives, who don't care if something is good or not but only if it makes money. And the best way to make money with out of some japanese cartoon is to make it cheap and well targeted at teenagers.
End of story.

mars0103
July 30, 2010, 04:43 AM
Getting a good director : good directors don't do that kind of movie because it's poor and uninspiring material. So even when they do, it still sucks.

Studio not interfere : they interfere with masterpieces all the time, why stop for a LAM ?

Anyway you must realise that this kind of initiative will only come from studios executives, who don't care if something is good or not but only if it makes money. And the best way to make money with out of some japanese cartoon is to make it cheap and well targeted at teenagers.
End of story.
I am not nieve wishing doesnt hurt. The fact is that if the film goes ahead it needs good direction even if a unknown does it and the direction is good the film will be good if the scrip is based of the first half of season 1. Are yes the stuido will screw it up if there mess to much because the manga is only known to a select few and the anime is for 15 and above I think that the studio will only hold to the purse strings.

kkck
July 30, 2010, 09:37 AM
The director of the movie is supposed to be perter segal.... after seeing his movies I really don't know whether he'd be adequate for this sort of film. The manga incorporates a lot of things, it does not constantly follow a single theme. It has humor, it has serious moments, it has moments where the characters insanity is evident, it has action scenes, emo moments.... The director has a few reasonably good funny movies but does he have what it takes to incorporate fun, weird, creepy, action and gore/blood along with morbid in a single movie? The director in question seems to lean towards the fun part of movies so I am not sure about him...
[hr]
Another thing I can't help is but wonder how ichigo would look in LAM. Ichigo is a strange character, his behaviour is not normal in the least. On one hand, he is short tempered, he won't hesitate to get in a fight against 5 dudes 5 times bigger than him. On the other, he is also very friendly towards his friends (even if not being the the type to open up). He can also be rather crude with acquantances. Ichigo does not bother to remember people's names and does not hide that fact. In a normal scenario, that would make everyone hate ichigo rather fast. He can also be kind as he does go out of his way to help others. He also makes a serious attempt to present himself as a bad boy. He also has a wuss side (the one zangetsu and shirosaki nag him about constantly). So where does this lead? How do you portray ichigo as a real character without making him absurd to watch (as was watching chatwin in DB). It is not a part a regular teen actor can play, he has to mix up a bunch of contradictory emotions. You need an actor that has some very real and very substantial skill. Truthfully, I can imagine a bleach movie working but it would have to be a superproduction with absurdly talented actors and sick special effects along with a plot that tries to not get 2 arcs in less than 2 hours....

Hystzen
August 15, 2010, 11:19 AM
i dont think hollywood such touch but if they sold the rights should give it Kazuaki Kiriya to direct...he would do a brill film he only done 2 films so far n both are amazing visual n plot....casshern was brill for plot n pacing, GOEMON was brill for action,plot,visual ..so h could easily pull it off..spilt it into three films ..first film ends with taking of rukia n ichigo losing power, 2nd film ichigo gain power n attacks ss ends before byakuya fight, 3rd film byakuya fight n aizen plot..end it with ichigo returning home...Kiriyas flims are always over 2hours so it possilble

ceasar
August 16, 2010, 09:02 PM
There is no way that anybody with the talent to pull this off and make it great will do it. Lets be serious the talent needed don't work on films like this Depp and others will not even touch a film like this based off a japanese manga. Depp maybe but any other person is far-fetched.

kkck
October 05, 2010, 10:01 PM
has anyone heard anything about the movie so far? I have looked for new information however I found nothing. I was hoping for a cancellation but I guess that is wishing for too much.

Madara07
October 13, 2010, 07:25 AM
even if they did make it i'm sure everyone here would watch it regardless. I know I would even if I knew that it would suck. I didn't even get to see it but wasn't avatar the last airbender good?

Lee.J.Baxter
April 28, 2011, 06:58 AM
In my honest opinion, there are 2 ways in which a live-action Bleach movie could be made; the first would please the majority of fans, but would target a younger age group, whilst the second would perhaps dissapoint hardcore fans, but appeal to an older target audience...

The first way to go about it would be to make a live-action movie that follows the manga/anime exactly, so we'd have the same humour, the same characters...everything. The only problem is, we'd have a bunch of animated stuffed toys jumping around (e.g. Kon), and a lot of brightly-dressed characters (e.g. Grimmjow's hair). In my opinion, this would make the movie a little bit cheesy and ultimately lead to failure, but that's because I'm one of the older fans. Furthermore, gore would need to be cut down because of the younger audience, so...onto the second approach.

The second way to go about it would be to make a movie BASED on Bleach; this would divert from a family film, and move into an action/horror genre. What we'd have is a version of Bleach without Kon or any other stuffed toys, characters that look like anyone else you'd bump into in the street (i.e. no brightly-coloured hair or OTT clothes), and most-importantly, scarier-looking hollows (no black holes, we want to see the holes in their chest look more realistic!). With decent effects, fast-paced action scenes and good acting, this could get a 10/10 in my book, but then again the film wouldn't quite be Bleach as we know it in the manga and anime.
[hr]
Anyways...does anybody know what's going on with the LA Bleach movie? Has it gone into development hell, or has it been scrapped completely?!

kkck
April 28, 2011, 12:31 PM
I haven't heard anything about this in months. No new developments whatsoever. Hopefully the movie indeed went to development hell and it will NEVER be done.

NAM61
April 30, 2011, 11:04 AM
hope it does not get created DB evolution was horrible. Hollywood just like to mess up things

ninjaman
April 30, 2011, 03:06 PM
if warner bros do a bleach movie it will be good, lately they making a lot of hero movies and they doing a pretty good job. Unfortunately dbe was done by idiots.

exacta
April 30, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hope they leave Bleach alone.....it would suck so bad. Theres way too much to fit into a movie anyways.....don't see how Aizen could be fit in even if they did SS.....unless they make a sequel....which would be horrible.

kkck
April 30, 2011, 09:49 PM
if warner bros do a bleach movie it will be good, lately they making a lot of hero movies and they doing a pretty good job. Unfortunately dbe was done by idiots.

Really? Dragon ball was made by 201th century fox for crying out loud. Same guys who made avatar (james cameron), star wars (with lucasfilm) and a couple other fairly decent movies. I guess there is someone out there that has a chance of making a fairly decent bleach movie but even then the chances are slim. I'd rather the movie is not made at all.

TemplateR
February 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
Warner Develops Live-Action Film of Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga

The Variety entertainment trade news source is reporting on Wednesday that American film studio Warner Brothers licensed the live-action feature rights to Tite Kubo's supernatural action manga and anime Bleach and is now developing the project. It has assigned Dan Mazeau (Wrath of the Titans remake) to write a script. Peter Segal (Get Smart remake, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is attached as a producer with a possibility of being the director as well.

The other producers include Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing, actor Masi Oka (Heroes, Get Smart), and Jason Hoffs at Viz Productions (a subsdiary of Bleach's North American publisher Viz Media). Branon Coluccio will be an executive producer.

The manga follows a 15-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who becomes a Soul Reaper — a "Shinigami" or "God of Death" who protects humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them. Shueisha publishes the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan, and Studio Pierrot has been adapting the manga on television and in movie theaters since 2004. The Adult Swim programming block of America's Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV channel ran the anime on television.

Segal told Variety, "I've always been a huge fan of Bleach and have great respect for its creator Kubo-sensei and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga."

Oka, who acted in Heroes and Segal's Get Smart film, is a well-known manga fan. He drew inspiration from Dragon Ball for his Heroes character Hiro Nakamura, and he describes himself as a Naoki Urasawa and Shonen Jump "geek." Bleach runs in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan.

The Hollywood Reporter newspaper's Heat Vision blog reported in 2010 that Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Bleach. Heat Vision had reported then that Segal was lining himself up to produce, but not direct.

Thanks to Daniel Zelter for the news tip.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-22/warner-develops-live-action-film-of-tite-kubo-bleach-manga

I don´t know, what I can tell about that. But I hope it will be better als "Dragonball Evolution"^^

Schabrak
February 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
Masi Oka, that's a nice one, he pointed out to be a fan year back, but I'm not so sure if that's gonna stop them from massacring the plot. Just don't turn it into a movie for little kids.

Darjaille
February 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
What's happening to the world O_o

I WON'T have big expectations, but I'll gladly watch the live action. Anyway this was rather surprising, at least to me, as Kubo once said he doesn't think Bleach should be made into a live action. Now I wonder if it's because of the decrease of income thanks to tankobon sales falling or something? =o

Airget
February 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
It could work but it is very tricky cause you have to pay attention to the fault of shonen mangas. They fall into a triad of story, fighting, training. But in a single arc they can happen multiple times and out of the three the one you want the least of is training. At the same time though you don't want to asspull the strength of a character out of nowhere and have to make their strength seem to look natural.

In the sense of Bleach I could see it working if they started in Soul Society.

SS itself though is filled with a lot of conflict so you have to determine what should be taken from the story.

Taking things out is always unpopular though so it does come down to would people really want a Bleach without the comedic aspect to it. Since SS does havea few comedic scenes to it, I wonder how it would transfer if everything was taken in a more serious tone. With the setup of the characters the over the top reactions prolly wouldn't work for a movie setting so it prolly would come down to cutting out the comedy and relying on the overall story to compliment the characters.

There can still be comedic scenes such as the lucky dance or pedal of flowers being thrown on Shunsui but they can't be a blatant as an orb being thrown at Ichigo's face or a bunch of guys riding a pig.

Though this is where a problem could lie, to think of the story as a whole, to balance back and forth between Ichigo's group and what's going on in SS would be very tough, it would almost seem like 2 movies would be necessary where we only get the story from SS's side based on what the characters learn. So we wouldn't see scenes like Hitsugaya discovering the dead chairmens, pretty much anything involving the conspiracy of Aizen would need to be omitted but it could be second hand knowledge we overhear through Rukia.

There is a really tough balance though to creating it, just figuring thing out in my head while it's possible it's also very very difficult just to get it right. I mean if you honestly thing of DB evolution, the story itself is tough to write in a live action sense if you base it purely from the manga, there would be a lot of partial nudity humor as well as a lot of perverted humor tied into a story about obtaining dragon balls to make a wish.

I kinda think they prolly got the rights to the movie then thought, crap there's no way we can adapt this properly let's just use the name and base it on some concepts from the manga. It could be fun to do though, relook through the first part of Bleach from the start but mainly focusing on SS to see how it could be adapted into a movie without taking to much out of it. Cause I can already see that to make a movie out of it would take a few arcs just to tell one part, if you condense it down to much you'll end up with to much of a disjointed story.

Mayumura
February 24, 2012, 04:33 AM
http://www.sectalk.com/boards/images/imported/2011/07/1121176_o-1.gif

No god, pelase no.

Miyagi
February 24, 2012, 05:38 AM
If they ever make a movie, I think it will take place in KT and we'll not see SS at all. Including SS would lead to a much more complex storyline with a truckload of characters which the director has no chance of developing in a movie's fairly limited time. They will probably focus on Ichigo, Rukia and (some of) the characters in KT and the basic enemies in Bleach: hollows. Excluding SS-related stuff from the movie also decreases the cost of the movie, i.e. no new filming locations or characters with flashy powers. Additionally the fights will be easier to follow for the audience due to lack of shunpo-like techniques. IMHO this is the route the producers will follow which will not be satisfactory to most of the fans.

Newkerzy
March 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
Masi Oka does offer a glimmer of hope by being involved. As a fellow Bleach Fan, he at least knows what the story is all about (unlike other producers). He may actually be able to save this movie from being butchered.

Schabrak
March 03, 2012, 06:53 PM
I think it will take place in KT and we'll not see SS at all.
They could do it as with GANTZ, just give them one good introduction and do one stronger enemy, like Grand Fisher and may tease another shinigami like Abarame Renji or Uryū Ishida for a sequel if it earns a bit of money. I would rather like a japanese Live-Action adaption in movie form. Cheaper but with a japanese touch, as KT is has typical japanese buildings.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091109132713/bleach/en/images/thumb/e/ea/Map_of_Karakura.png/500px-Map_of_Karakura.png

Googlez_kun
March 03, 2012, 07:08 PM
Well,they won't take the SS arc for the simple fact that it ends with a cliffhanger,which is impossible for a movie wtih an unlikely continuation.

So I guess they will go with an original plot in KT or something.

The Newbie.
March 03, 2012, 10:29 PM
DragonBall Evolution features angsty teenage Goku living with his grandfather and attenting highschool. A Bleach movie has no hope.

Newkerzy
March 31, 2012, 04:28 AM
Well, at least it's obvious they're putting some effort in it.... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-30/wrath-of-the-titans-writer-discusses-live-action-bleach)

Glad they plan to be faithful to the manga as much as possible.

TemplateR
March 31, 2012, 05:08 AM
Well, at least it's obvious they're putting some effort in it.... (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-30/wrath-of-the-titans-writer-discusses-live-action-bleach)

Glad they plan to be faithful to the manga as much as possible.

I wonder how can they manage to look like the characters of "Bleach"

Darjaille
March 31, 2012, 09:27 AM
:rofl:rofl:rofl

Even they know, and admit, that the horror of DBZ live action shouldn't be repeated, ever.

I'm a sceptic, but we'll see.
If they can make it as good as Sixth Sense he mentions, then it's very cool XD

Schabrak
March 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
By casting a lot of skinny long-legged people.^^ It can only be better than the debacle of DB:E.

Zehahaha
March 31, 2012, 03:35 PM
How will they find a skinny redhead with big boobs ? That's the questions that's bugging me.
And a bald old man with a long beard, full of scars too...

Crude
March 31, 2012, 04:00 PM
Well the good thing is that Bleach has a concept which isn't really that hard to adapt into a film (compared to DB which is just too crazy for live-action). Basically all the story really needs is a guy who can see ghosts, who meets a Soul Reaper and somehow gets her powers and then fight Hollows. Ishida's character could serve as the "villain" and the climax of the movie would be the huge Hollow fight/contest thingie. At the end of the movie there could be a sequel hook by featuring Renji and Byakuya's characters stating that Rukia's character has committed a huge crime for a Soul Reaper.

Newkerzy
April 01, 2012, 01:40 AM
Am I the only one that thinks they might go for the post-timeskip looks for the characters?? if you ask me, it makes sense since the post-timeskip looks more natural compared to the pre-timeskip looks and thus, it'd be less of a hassle anyways. Not only that, most people prefer the post-timeskip looks anyways.

Schabrak
April 02, 2012, 09:40 PM
Post TS or post Zombie Powder/early Bleach looks?[j/k] What's so bad about the old styles/outfits though? I'm happy as long as they accomplish to keep at least 50% true to the original.

Newkerzy
April 03, 2012, 03:36 AM
Well, I was just thinking that the old looks would be a hassle to recreate, but with the new looks, which are more natural, it would feel natural enough for the audience that isn't familiar with the manga. anyways, just a thought, that's all.

Schabrak
April 03, 2012, 06:20 AM
Nice, a movie adaption of a manga made for unaware and unknown, that would give them so much more support from the fan base. That's just not gonna work Imo.

Newkerzy
April 03, 2012, 11:09 AM
I know that. But it's still a business, remember? of course they'd try to appeal to non-fans somehow.

Asclepius
April 03, 2012, 04:49 PM
Making the movie with Japan as base is great.
Since Spilberg had the idea to make Harry Potter story in the USA, i get afraid of american adaptations of non-american stories.

That is a positive point for me. Nothing great, but it gives me a little hope.
Let's wait for the cast. I'm expecting a bunch of unknown or almost unknown actors after DBZ fiasco.

no_regretsYSL
April 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
I personally can't wait to see how this turns out. I mean they already have Live Action Plays of Bleach so making the characters won't be too hard. I guess the hardest part is cramming so much material into one well timed hour and a half slot. An action packed Sixth Sense sounds kind of boss and a lot more informatively enticing then what Dragonball Evolution gave us. I am curious though why there are so many "OMG Please NO" votes. I mean DB:E was obviously a disaster, but its not like it ruined the series, characters, or personal memories of Dragonball. It was just some P.O.S. that has roughly the same name as my favorite animated show growing up. So if it was up to popular vote if they were going to make a Bleach movie we should all be saying "Yes! give it a go, I'll just have faith I'm not getting my hopes up for a pile of poo poo."

Darjaille
April 03, 2012, 11:23 PM
Well, the 'live action Bleach' (stage musical) was made in Japan and had Japanese actors. And um, Japanese live actions actually don't suck (and musicals are awesome :p)

I wonder about the story. I very much do not want original story for this, I think they have fairly good chance to pack SS arc into it. I hope for that, but who knows...

Ethan Hunt
April 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
Why not keep doing normal bleach movies like the four before

they were pretty good

Asclepius
April 08, 2012, 09:34 PM
Why not keep doing normal bleach movies like the four before

they were pretty good

They won't stop doing animated Bleach movies.
But, Hollywood seems to be searching an alternative for the stories from DC Comics and Marvel comics.

Ethan Hunt
April 09, 2012, 03:02 AM
any Information about the 5th Bleach movie so far?

Miyagi
April 09, 2012, 05:21 PM
I haven't heard anything about it and if a live action movie is in production, we'll probably not see one anytime soon.

Neo-sky
April 11, 2012, 01:09 AM
I'm a little apprehensive about this I mean DragonBall: Evolution was pretty bad but I think that Hollywood isn’t that stupid to repeat the mistake, they definitely want to make money off this. So I think they will start from the beginning of Bleach and try to make sequels. As a fan I want them to be faithful to the manga, but they might change things around just to make it fit the time slot and/or appeal to mainstream audiences. As for the director/writer they aren't really well known, at least to me, so I guess I'm not really expecting anything mind-blowing. I'm still surprised they decided to do Bleach...Brandon Routh as Aizen? I agree XD.
As for live actions movies that have caught my attention; the Death Note adaptation was pretty good. Also Warner Bros is coming out with a Rurounin Kenshin/Samurai X adaptation which will be released later this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc_JmcRxdx8&context=C4207d31ADvjVQa1PpcFPaULD-Cn0OH4C_iuyFgxeaqNp9vt2dUb4=
It looks decent. I will definitely see it when it becomes available here. If the bleach movie manages to capture my attention like this did, I will probably go see it.

espadaboyzz
April 11, 2012, 04:30 AM
Yeah.. i love if they doing this and i hope they will make 3 movie representing 3 arc which is SS arc, Arrancar arc and Final arc. I don't care how they interpreted it from manga or anime but i hope it's can give more fun and action. If this happened, i'm glad if they choose Halle Berry as Halibel and Brandon Routh as Aizen is good too!!:teehee

Ethan Hunt
April 14, 2012, 01:11 PM
thats a good idea

they should do it like the berserk movies that comes out this year