PDA

View Full Version : Powers Luffy,2nd devil fruit, and ace

neild
March 22, 2010, 10:14 PM
Okay, now that Ace is dead and Blackbeard gained Whitebeard's power. There is a chance, i think, for this 2 events to correlate to each other. Luffy needs a power-up, and he hasnt meet vegapunk yet. I think Luffy is another person in One Piece's world that can absorb 2 devil fruits power. What power suited better for Luffy than his brother's? So Luffy might get Ace's fire power, and his punch become firey and stuff. imagine gomu2 no bazooka fire, or gomu2 no jet pistole fire, or gear third with fire, it will cause mass destruction if combined together. what do u guys think?

Mess
March 22, 2010, 11:54 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1836634&postcount=700

modoki
March 23, 2010, 01:11 AM
No offense but after the 10+ years ive experienced luffy as a rubber man, ive grown to love that character. With him adapting another devil fruit, im sorry, but one piece wouldnt be the same for me anymore.

I actually dont want to see luffy engulfing in flames :darn

Shiro-kun
March 23, 2010, 02:02 AM
I dont see that happening

Luffy already has the greatest form of Haki why would he need another DF? Luffy perfectly fine with the fruit he currently has and i still can see him further developing his DF powers even more so (like his Gears )

bittman
March 23, 2010, 04:37 AM
Luffy getting two fruits would be like Sanji punching...or Zoro with 30 swords...

I don't know about you, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying the surprises Oda manages to pull out with Luffy's fruit.

And we'd never ever ever again get "Because I'm a rubber man!" if he can just logia tank everything.

Uriel
March 23, 2010, 09:34 AM
It wouldn't make sense then. I mean, with Luffy personality.

kkck
March 23, 2010, 09:56 AM
I don't think there is a chance in hell of this happening. It is more likely to see a naruto-one piece crossover and have a transgendered sakura become the pirate king while chopper becomes a ruthless dictator-kage. I don't know what exactly teach did but I heavily suspect that it has to do with his DF. My personal theory is that he literally sucked the power out of WB using his darkness.

Shisu
March 23, 2010, 11:25 AM
I don't think there is a chance in hell of this happening. It is more likely to see a naruto-one piece crossover and have a transgendered sakura become the pirate king while chopper becomes a ruthless dictator-kage. I don't know what exactly teach did but I heavily suspect that it has to do with his DF. My personal theory is that he literally sucked the power out of WB using his darkness.

You said it.. in terms of Naruto, Teach has a Sharingan and copied Whitebeard's DF.

Thats the secret behind it.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1328/uchihapowa.png
I don't like the idea of 2 DF's. What comes next... a 3 DF's User?

Lord Rayleigh
March 23, 2010, 02:34 PM
NO WAY !

Luffy would die if he ate a second DF. Blackbeard is the sole exception because of his special body - a thing that will be explained later.

A good theory said it was because Blackbeard ate the Cerberus mythical zoan. Thanks to the three heads of Cerberus, he can have three DFs : each head can eate one DF. And the darkness power was useful to extract the DF from the body of the dead WB.
It would explain why he decided to hide under his darkness : he did not want to reveal this ability yet.

Wrath
March 23, 2010, 03:36 PM
Logias make you lamer. I don't want to see Luffy become lamer.

Darkever
March 23, 2010, 08:23 PM
BB can have two devil fruits probably because he has an artificial arm, or he got it trasplanted from someone else. Whatever it is, it's not his original arm. Marco suggested it quite clearly: it has something to do with his body.

Luffy getting a 2nd devil fruit would be incredibly lame. The character of Luffy is the demonstation that godly powers are not needed to win, when you got determination and something to protect. While this is not true in real life, it's nice to have it in a story.

Luffy's victories are so exciting exactly because he must overcome insormountable odds. If he was a logia, most battles would be absolutely boring, because being untouchable is a ridiculous advantage. Instead he is a paramecia, and quite a weak one, but he still manages to use his abilities to the fullest. Being a logia is the lame, easy way to the top.

bopnoh10
March 23, 2010, 09:07 PM
I would like to see more gears regardless, but if Oda can't find another way, I wouldn't be devastated with another DF power for luffy, as long as it complements and adds to his character. I did think about Luffy taking Ace's fire, but how about stone?

Finally, I have a GREAT idea for adding a gear - what happens when you rub rubber with carpet or something similar... you generate static... electricity... not to shabby for an idea right?

I think that the 2 DF consumption has to do with the will of D.

MokiSenpai
March 28, 2010, 04:54 AM
BB can have two devil fruits probably because he has an artificial arm, or he got it trasplanted from someone else. Whatever it is, it's not his original arm. Marco suggested it quite clearly: it has something to do with his body.

Luffy getting a 2nd devil fruit would be incredibly lame. The character of Luffy is the demonstation that godly powers are not needed to win, when you got determination and something to protect. While this is not true in real life, it's nice to have it in a story.

Luffy's victories are so exciting exactly because he must overcome insormountable odds. If he was a logia, most battles would be absolutely boring, because being untouchable is a ridiculous advantage. Instead he is a paramecia, and quite a weak one, but he still manages to use his abilities to the fullest. Being a logia is the lame, easy way to the top.

So you were saying, that BB has an arm, which is not his own, and he feed the gura gura no mi to it, like the other weapons with devil fruit powers? An intresting idea, and i like it :) It's more plausible then a mythical zoan.

Dice
March 28, 2010, 10:17 AM
But he would only be able to use it with this arm, woudln't he?
I really don't think that Luffy will get another devilfruit but I do think that Ace's fruit will be reused. Some for the moment unknown character will find it. That's my guess^^

Foxdie
March 28, 2010, 10:29 AM
With Oda .. I can imagine anything,
but even for Luffy this will take time for sure, because of his unconscious mind and body, he cannot even reach Ace's corpse and he doesn't has this black cover like BB.

but still I'm thinking, how could Luffy beats BB ? with his 1 DF and Haki?
Can he really defeat Yami Yami no mi and Gura Gura no mi ?!

sindergi
March 28, 2010, 10:38 AM
but even for Luffy this will take time for sure, because of his unconscious mind and body, he cannot even reach the body.

but still I'm thinking, hoe could Luffy beats BB ? with his 1 DF and Haki?

No he cant defeat him, now !
But its obviously that Luffy is getting stronger.

If BB had only the Gura Gura no mi i think Luffy could win against BB - because hes made of rubber and rubber shouldn´t be affected (too much) by an earthquake. The problem is that BB also has the Yami Yami no mi, so he can nullify Luffy´s DF.......and without his DF I think a hit with the Gura Gura would be very deadly to Luffy.
BUT Luffy has the Kings Haki....and the haki can somehow nullify DF powers,too. Or why can you hit Logia-User ?

And dont forget Luffy´s greatest power......he can win against stronger opponents - like croco and Rob lucci.

neild
March 28, 2010, 01:05 PM
but the easiest way to have a major power upgrade against blackbeard in the final fight [when all things and moves available for luffy, that includes the haki moves, are used already], is to have 2nd devil fruit, just like how blackbeard upgraded his power.im not saying its gonna be ace's power.but what if the devil fruit has some freaking good power?a power that complements luffy's rubber ability.so with that in mind, what kind of df that u guys think complements rubber?

Desman
March 28, 2010, 04:05 PM
Any "good" explanation why Luffy could or even should eat second DF? BB didnt eat devilfruit for quake attacks he sucked the "demon" out of WB's corpse and locked it inside himself with great amount of gravity. And Luffy has Kings haki which even BB can't nullify. And it seems that if BB doesnt use the whirlpool thingy against Luffy quakes wouldn't hurt much as stated earlier. Besides BB is a bit like Croc in alabasta.. he underarrestimates his enemies alot.

OunknownO
March 28, 2010, 05:04 PM
but even for Luffy this will take time for sure, because of his unconscious mind and body, he cannot even reach Ace's corpse and he doesn't has this black cover like BB.

but still I'm thinking, how could Luffy beats BB ? with his 1 DF and Haki?

Luffy always fought against stronger opponents, best example is enel... And I don't think that he needs to learn anything more.... gura-gura atacks you can simply avoid if you are quick enough and yami-yami fruit isn't anything special, you can neutralize user of yami-yami fruit if you are quick enough.... example

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/544/04/

Monkey D Ty
March 28, 2010, 05:36 PM
we dont really knw the full extent of the power known as "haki" im juss waitin till its fully explained, luffy dont even knw wtf 'haki' is lol once we knw we can conclude luffys power ups, i seriously doubt he'll get another devil fruit.

kkck
March 28, 2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/12-13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/14-15/

BB has been shown to hold the power of the gura gura fruit in both hands, I don't think there are limitations as to what power he can use with each hand.

One Pie
March 28, 2010, 06:00 PM
I think the best 2nd devil fruit for luffy would be the air air fruit because it's a big power up for gear 3rd.

bopnoh10
March 28, 2010, 10:51 PM
What does everyone think about this:

First of all, Haki MAKES the punches/kicks harder, so his next power-up will just be to master haki. Regardless, here's an idea for another power-up:

4th gear - what happens when you rub rubber with carpet or something similar... you generate static... electricity... so Luffy has gear 2, that also shoots an electric shock

kangclaw
March 29, 2010, 08:54 AM
I dont see that happening

Luffy already has the greatest form of Haki why would he need another DF? Luffy perfectly fine with the fruit he currently has and i still can see him further developing his DF powers even more so (like his Gears )

I would also like Luffy to develop his rubber Df but not with gears, they are like doping i.e. the gears are bad for his health they shorten his life span, because they put a lot of pressure on his heart. This is according to Luci of CP9. Luffy needs to have real permanent level ups, not techniques that give him a temporary boost like his gear 2 and 3, which are also bad for health. Temporary boosts are not real strength and they are not enough against truly strong people especially like BB, the admirals and Yonku as we have seen so far in the manga. Luffy just barely won against Luci of the CP9 and he needed help against Moria of the Shichibukai.

He needs to develop his overall stats, like strength, speed, endurance etc..
Rubber gives him a great advantage in physical combat, but that is only for people who are his strength or lower not against an opponent who is stronger or an opponent that has haki or other similar abilities. Rubber Df is not one of the stronger DF and also looks plain in comparison to some of the Logia powers; because of that luffy is forced to use his Rubber abilities in creative ways, but he is coming to a limit as to what techniques he can use his DF. Luffy looks pathetic against some of the Admirals, or some of the other strong pirates out their. Luffy also has been using similar techniques, and these techniques get boring after 500+ chapters. For example some of his techniques are upgrades of his punches.
[hr]

What does everyone think about this:

First of all, Haki MAKES the punches/kicks harder, so his next power-up will just be to master haki. Regardless, here's an idea for another power-up:

4th gear - what happens when you rub rubber with carpet or something similar... you generate static... electricity... so Luffy has gear 2, that also shoots an electric shock

I like your idea a lot, I didn't think of that, if he does than his rubber abilities wouldn't be boring any more and then he can have techniques that rival some of the strongest powers out there.
It would be good if had a super powerful technique called the GEARS OF WAR, LOL. :) similar name to the xbox 360 game. No seriously, may he can develop a technique that allows him to shoot out powerful static electric shock waves? similar to using like an energy wave as big as an island?
[hr]

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/12-13/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/577/14-15/

BB has been shown to hold the power of the gura gura fruit in both hands, I don't think there are limitations as to what power he can use with each hand.

I have to agree with, I don't think Oda gave BB any weaknesses, that WB did not have with the Gura Gura fruit. I think BB has the full use of another DF with out any extra disadvantages.

cippy
April 01, 2010, 02:28 PM
IMO the best 2nd fruit for luffy is bara bara. No more weakness to sharp weapons. He would be like majin boo from DBZ every time you cut him he splits in half he rejoins and punches can't hurt him and with gear 2 = pwnage .

kkck
April 01, 2010, 02:55 PM
Luffy is no more less resistant to sharp weapons than anyone else though.

Marche
April 01, 2010, 04:11 PM
Okay, now that Ace is dead and Blackbeard gained Whitebeard's power. There is a chance, i think, for this 2 events to correlate to each other. Luffy needs a power-up, and he hasnt meet vegapunk yet. I think Luffy is another person in One Piece's world that can absorb 2 devil fruits power. What power suited better for Luffy than his brother's? So Luffy might get Ace's fire power, and his punch become firey and stuff. imagine gomu2 no bazooka fire, or gomu2 no jet pistole fire, or gear third with fire, it will cause mass destruction if combined together. what do u guys think?At the beginning I also thinks this, but now I no more think so.
I think than Rufy can eat 2 DF, because also is his body explode, his body (with also his organs) will dilate (as when Rufy does a Balloon or after than He eat).
Anyways he will never take the DF by Ace's bodies (also because now seems than He has no more chance than that).
But if He will found that DF in the sea (but before I must knew than that is a DF and the Ace's fruit (perhaps Sanji or somebody who looked to a DF's Encyclopedia...) also because "someway" Ace will be there when Rufy became the PK (and so Ace will be always in "someway" will be PK himself).

St Michael
April 02, 2010, 06:06 AM
Worst idea ever.

Why Luffy would need a second DF ? He has the strongest haki.

BB needed the Gura Gura to improve himself cause he's a lazy idiot. He could've train his yami yami but he prefered the easy way.

Luffy isn't like that. He'll train his haki , improve his DF mastery and kick Teach's ass.

omgeggman
April 05, 2010, 09:46 PM
hope this isn't troll-like

but rubber doesn't conduct electricity. it actually negates it. Like how Enel was unable to hurt Luffy with his lightning attacks

neild
April 07, 2010, 06:18 AM
if the devil fruit ability complements luffy's rubber power, why not i say

kangclaw
April 08, 2010, 06:02 AM
I like the idea of Luffy gaining multiple Df abiilities, I like the main character gaining seriously powerful; but I don't know if it will happen.
It is true that Luffy has the King Haki, and it is too much like the ultimate power, I don't think Luffy will master it any time soon precisely because it is the ultimate power.

So far his only fighting style is physical combat only, he uses his DF to enhance his combat. All or nearly all of his attacks are contact based, he doesn't do anything like a Rankyaku like the CP9 did. Not one of the CP9 techniques require require DF abilities, only physical abilities. One of the many things he has to do is level up a lot physically even more than he is now, it seems he has reached the limits of how he can use his rubber abilities. He developed Gear 2 and 3 before he met the CP9. According to the manga these techniques are harmful to him and according to Rob Luci they are like doping.

If he masters his haki, he may overcome all of his weakness. He will not need even his Df abilities.

He doesn't have really powerful DF abilities compared to other DF abilities like Kuma's, Kizaru's, Aokiji's, Akainu's, etc.. His rubber abilities doesn't give him any advantage of defence or offence against these yet.
Oh by the way I like Kizaru's and Kuma's DF. With Kuma's you don't need any ship to travel you can teleport any where.
Note: This alll just speculation only.

HighwaySlug
May 17, 2012, 03:08 PM
Well nice ideas for a second DF guys ! But I was thinking about something new...something hilarious and surprising for you I guess...: / Well all of you are talking about physical abilities and etc,so my idea for a second DF ability (or some permanent boost) is a mind boost or something like that. I mean some ability that boosts his mental potential (cuz' he is quite dumb and clumsy) and makes him A LOT CLEVER,cunning and precise in his attacks, ALSO to predict his opponents moves (like the priests from the flying island) . Btw I don't read the manga but I guess that the final battle is not going to be Luffy vs BB .

kkck
May 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
This thread was made before the timeskip when luffy at his best was cannon fodder for people to matter to mow through. Anyways, he is no longer in such desperate need for a powerup, he is reasonably strong now and should be able to move in the new world without having mid level members of strong crews step on him and the rest of the strawhats.

Anyways, the SBS mentioned something interesting which would be worth saying in this thread.
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_65#Chapter_638.2C_Page_46
Check out the last question of 638

Oda specifically mentioned he wanted luffy to have a silly and dumb ability. He did not want him to have one of those overpowering fruits. I don't think it would make sense for luffy to get a "strong" ability as a future powerup, it would ruin what he wanted to do with the main character with the silly ability. Having luffy with two silly abilities would perhaps not be the best case scenario either.

gunzhuzla
October 10, 2013, 04:36 AM
luffy will eat the devil fruit ..the devil fruit that he will be eaten was shown at episode 602 ..the apple turns into a devil fruit because of the reaction that was made by the poison..the gas..the gas ==fire== so its probably thats the fruit!! ☻☻☻ but its a theoty only :derp:):):)