PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Doctors of One Piece

evozoku
March 24, 2010, 11:05 AM
There are discussion on devil fruit users, swordsmen, etc, but we overlook another important class present in every crew: the doctor.

I started thinking about this because of chapter 578, with Trafalgar Law reminding us that he is a doctor. So where do you think the doctors of One Piece rank?

Crew doctors so far:
Chopper (Strawhats)
Hogback (Gecko Moria's pirates)
Doc Q (Blackbeard pirates)
Crocus (Jolly Roger pirates)
Trafalgar Law (Heart Pirates)
WB crew's doctor

Chopper can be said he's a medical genius (especially considering he's a reindeer), but he also looks up to Dr. Hogback of Moria's crew as being possibly the most renowned doctor in the world. WB's doctor seemed useless in battle, so it's hard to say. It's hard to say (as of now) how skilled a doctor Doc Q is. Trafalgar does not seem like your typical doctor, and I wonder if he relies on his DF. Depending how much he controls the physical rules inside his "room" ability, he may have healing skills similar to Kuma's (being able to remove physical ailments from a body).

Also of note, other One Piece characters with formidable healing abilities: Kuma (reject damage), Ivankov (healing hormones).

So who is the best pirate doctor (or pirate that would be of best use as a doctor)?

Schabrak
March 24, 2010, 01:29 PM
How can we evaluate doctors, if we haven't seen all but Chopper and Hogback doing their work? Who is the best doctor doing medical work or for combat? There are to many different variations of how they use their powers or knowledge to help others.

It's quiet a cheat/advantage if Law uses his room to operate, that nobody can keep up with him. I still only see Chopper as an apprentice right now. He is able to help his crew, but he is still pretty young and can't be as experienced as others. And Ivankovs hormones have to big after effects to be used in a usual way.

ScratchmenApoo
March 24, 2010, 02:19 PM
But of course Dr. Kureha and Hiluluk !

Since Oda said that Ben Beckman on Shanks' ship is the second smartest person in OP after Vegapunk, I'm guessing he is the crew doctor as well.... If so, he oughtta be good.

Poneglyph420
March 24, 2010, 06:47 PM
What about the "Isshi 20"
They might not combat doctors, but they were supposedly amazing..
Surely Vegapunk and his doctors are the most skilled....
I bet we will see more in the NW for sure..

Samui
March 26, 2010, 12:39 PM
But of course Dr. Kureha and Hiluluk !

Since Oda said that Ben Beckman on Shanks' ship is the second smartest person in OP after Vegapunk, I'm guessing he is the crew doctor as well.... If so, he oughtta be good.
No. Oda said Ben Beckman is the most intelligent character introduced in East Blue saga, with Kuro and Nami after him.
And being intelligent doesn't necessary mean that you're an amazing doctor.

ScratchmenApoo
March 27, 2010, 02:52 AM
No. Oda said Ben Beckman is the most intelligent character introduced in East Blue saga, with Kuro and Nami after him.
And being intelligent doesn't necessary mean that you're an amazing doctor.

You're right, I misunderstood the info.
But I didn't say he was a doctor for sure, it just makes the chances higher. A stupid person surely can't become a doctor.

Bugzee
September 01, 2010, 10:19 PM
I'm sure we'll see a few more doctors (be it pirate ones or not) in the future. I really want to see and know more about the doctor who "fixed" Jozu up after the Marineford War. The dude lost an arm...a df arm lol...sugoi!

Law is the main one I want to see more of now. Especially, when it comes to "performing" those infamous surgeries, etc.

Darek Khort
September 01, 2010, 10:32 PM
Well for one thing, Law would have an easy time doing transplants I assume.
Need a new heart? Lungs collapsed? No problem! We'll just steal somebody else's and give their heart/lungs to you. :O

Fox666
September 02, 2010, 01:42 AM
Since Hogback created zombies, and even recontructed an entire new arm for Oars, it's easy to believe he is the world's most amazing, as Chopper said.

Organizized
September 03, 2010, 03:58 PM
There's also Dr. Indigo (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Indigo) of the Golden Lion Pirates, who seems to be a pretty skilled doctor. While him being Shiki's doctor indicates that he's gotta be pretty good in the medical department, we haven't seen enough such practice from him to say whether or not he's a contender for the "top doctors" list in that sense. However, he has proven in Strong World to be a very capable scientist/chemist. In the movie he also shows that he's pretty strong in combat as well (not gonna say more than that, might spoil it for someone).