PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 580 Discussion / 581 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3

Akainu
March 24, 2010, 01:55 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler Pics & Summaries (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59228) thread. This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks

Chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/580/).

Also please note, that One Piece will take a break in issue 19 of WSJ, so expect the next spoilers in the week of 04/11.

Jayden_kropp
March 30, 2010, 06:34 AM
Omg spoilers are out and im first 2 post haha Australian timezone ftw.

Can anyone please put up a translation or something soon? I Really wanna know what happens in this chapter. Hopefully shanks cuts Akainu's head off = ]

NoLimit89
March 30, 2010, 06:36 AM
Aussie!!!!

I always get queezy when I'm anxious in anticipation.

Someone give a brief translation. I'm dying here.

goldb
March 30, 2010, 06:37 AM
Why do Akainu to die? that'd be boring, he has to live and become a target for Luffy and chase him through the NW...

Vetinari clone
March 30, 2010, 06:37 AM
Yay spoilers! I have no idea what they say but I imagine they are really cool :D! ahh I shouldn't have dropped Japanese, why did I have to get interested in manga after I had already moved on!

wintergt
March 30, 2010, 06:39 AM
Last chapter of the war it seems.

tusharthegamer
March 30, 2010, 06:39 AM
hey what happened? where are the translation's???

Jayden_kropp
March 30, 2010, 06:40 AM
Tbh i want kizaru 2 die more then Akainu hes a pretty cool character, i just want him 2 get his head smacked in like whitebeard did!

How lazy am i, MY GIRLFRIENDS JAPANESE but it feels soo wrong to use her for translations she doesn't even like one piece :s might get her 2 take a look 4 u guys but

Marche
March 30, 2010, 06:40 AM
I have a question, because I don't remember.
In the last years Nja did "April fish" or not??? (because if he did, this spoiler could be an April fish).

hhv94
March 30, 2010, 06:41 AM
I always get a bit skeptical considering its April fools week. Hope we see a translation soon though. Curious to find out whats going on.

ThcLollypop
March 30, 2010, 06:46 AM
Omg spoilers are out and im first 2 post haha Australian timezone ftw.

Can anyone please put up a translation or something soon? I Really wanna know what happens in this chapter. Hopefully shanks cuts Akainu's head off = ]

i can only give you a google translation

english:

87: ◆ Bye bvOTKk1mXg: 2010/03/30 (Tues) 20:27:06 ID: hMrPZ5ie0
The title ... I think it was Robin 扉絵
Shanks is immersed in the recollection of another time in the past from not delivering the straw has fallen
Give them to pass it from Luffy to you on a treasure map Buggy
Knowing that a lie told to come back soon and bring the excitement Buggy
The prisoners looked like a mouth to sell the fight against mouth fight for the Emperor to sell four
We will follow you for life

Blue and yellow monkey pheasant their assault on the submarine escape and low
Light rain like a monkey on a yellow iced up in the sea on Ice
Submarine escape in the light (not sure whether we fled.)
Mark Shanks and tangles
Red Hair Pirates against it and we'll do it any more
Pushing me to treat the injured - but gave up Ace
Let me hear you fight with a black beard black beard and glare as well not now - I've got to draw well-intended and
Hancock is Luffy looking for pulling the lure sailors
Ace funeral two white beard and we'll do and Shanks
The bird has flown from the Naval some
Ace would be nice if you
Written in one picture after another in each respective
I like the narration into complete end of the war here in

It looks like the next day off ...

german
87: Bye ◆ bvOTKk1mXg: 2010/03/30 (Di) 20.27.06 ID: hMrPZ5ie0
Der Titel ... Ich glaube, es war Robin 扉 絵
Shanks wird in der Erinnerung an einen anderen Zeitpunkt in der Vergangenheit nicht aus dem Stroh liefern eingetaucht ist gefallen
Luffy Gib sie es aus dem Schatz pass Karte, die Sie buggy
Wissend, dass eine Lüge, um bald wieder zu kommen und bringen die Aufregung erzählte Buggy
Die Gefangenen sah aus wie ein Mund, um den Kampf gegen den Mund Kampf um den Kaiser zu verkaufen zu verkaufen zu vier
Wir werden Sie für das Leben folgen

Blaue und gelbe Affen Fasan ihren Angriff auf die U-Boot entkommen und niedrigen
Light regen wie ein Affe auf einem gelben vereist im Meer on Ice
Submarine Flucht in das Licht (nicht sicher, ob wir geflohen.)
Mark Shanks und Tangles
Red Hair Pirates gegen sie und tun wir es nicht mehr
Pushing mich an den Geschädigten zu behandeln - aber aufgegeben Ace
Lassen Sie mich hören Sie mit einem schwarzen Bart, schwarzen Bart und Blendschutz sowie jetzt nicht - ich habe zu gut gemeint und zeichnen Sie haben zu kämpfen
Hancock ist Luffy Suche nach Ziehen des Matrosen locken
Ace Beerdigung zwei weißen Bart und wir tun und Shanks
Der Vogel ist aus dem Naval einige geflogen
Ace wäre schön, wenn Sie
Geschrieben in einem Bild nach dem anderen in den jeweiligen
Ich mag die Erzählung in völlige Ende des Krieges hier in

Es sieht aus wie der nächste Tag ...

it's bad i know . What i (hardly^^) understood was: TIMESKIP

GomuGomuNoBigBoner
March 30, 2010, 06:47 AM
次は休みみたいだね…
looks like the day after..

Jayden_kropp
March 30, 2010, 06:48 AM
My girlfriend said she will do it, give me 10 minutes ?

NoLimit89
March 30, 2010, 06:51 AM
Whooohoooo.

Thank ur girlfriend for me.

Organizized
March 30, 2010, 06:52 AM
I might be completely wrong about this, but seems like Shanks is reminiscing about giving Luffy his Straw Hat while Kizaru (and Aokiji?) is trying to stop Law from escaping. Blackbeard vs. Sengoku seems to have ended in a draw. Shanks will take care of Ace and Whitebeard's funeral? Also, it ends with a narration indicating the end of the war... I think.

Robin in the cover..

I don't know, my japanese skills suck and one would probably be able to gather more from a Google Translation, but I tried. :p

Cedde
March 30, 2010, 06:54 AM
I am happy! Hancock is back! :D
so submarine + law escape,. war ending :)
they name the admirals allot.. and the sea freezing again.

Dark Doc.
March 30, 2010, 06:59 AM
Doesn't really make sense to me, but I'm THRILLED, finally new spoilers!! XD

Davit08
March 30, 2010, 07:01 AM
alright..hancock! from what i can see, she is in the submarine? or no? anyway this chapter seems like it's a good one

ThcLollypop
March 30, 2010, 07:03 AM
Doesn't really make sense to me, but I'm THRILLED, finally new spoilers!! XD

it does make sense !
luffy is real afk now ;-) we'll see brief moments of the battle ending for every important character and bäm timeskip ^^

Jayden_kropp
March 30, 2010, 07:07 AM
Well Anna gave it her best shot! Seems to me like blackbeard pirates get overrun and that everything ends peacefully.

Bigall
March 30, 2010, 07:10 AM
This seems to be the end of the war... How anti climatic!!!! Shanks arrives and it's the end of the war. I know that it was according to his will... Yet, I would have gladly see a little more of Shank in action. It's cool that it ended, yet I'm kind of disappointed... In the end does it say vacation?

Amazeroth
My question is: How can Kizaru attack the submarine, if Ben Beckmann is guarding him with his pistol? Either he doesn't care 'bout Beckmann or he defeated him. Either way, I don't like that, I just hoped Beckmann would kick his ass :)

Marche
I have not understand what Hancock do.
She will go for Rufy, as here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/575/12/
Or has she already reach Rufy???

Jayden_kropp
March 30, 2010, 07:16 AM
Better translation is out guys soo check it out. Much more detailed then my one

sarutobi_sensei
March 30, 2010, 07:16 AM
WOW Sengoku quits xD

Great! xD HAHA xD

And he'll do Ace's and BB's funeral.

I can't wait for the chapter.

Dark Doc.
March 30, 2010, 07:18 AM
it does make sense !
luffy is real afk now ;-) we'll see brief moments of the battle ending for every important character and bäm timeskip ^^

Well it didn't make sense before I got to see the translation :amuse but this promises to be another great chapter.. Love how the marines respect shanks so much they let him end the war and take WB and Ace.
Kinda dissapointed the Sengoku + Garp vs. BB + Crew was cut off two:notrust but we can't have all the awesomeness at once.

Hope btw Law & co. will make it out there (wich of course they will, but still :p)

Organizized
March 30, 2010, 07:20 AM
I have not understand what Hancock do.
She will go for Rufy, as here http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/575/12/
Or has she already reach Rufy???

She and marines are searching for him. As in, she doesn't know he escaped in the submarine, so she's going around looking for him in the battlefield, with the help of some charmed marines.

Also, I'm really, really glad Shanks didn't do anything more in this war. The reason I wasn't happy about him showing up was that it was way too early (always thought since he's an emperor in the New World, then let's see him in the NW). At least he didn't end up doing anything except use his status to threaten Sengoku a bit (fighting another Yonkou + crew after all this would be a bad move) and give Luffy his hat back.

I won't say it looks like a great chapter. I'm just glad the war ended since it was way overdue already.

afroze100
March 30, 2010, 07:23 AM
Sengoku stopping the war on Shank's instructions and not even protesting to him taking away the bodies of ace and whitebeard for funeral/burial by saying: "I don't mind... since it's you"....now that's EPIC.
Prolly a hint as to how well respected and even feared shanks is among the higher ups :P

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 07:24 AM
He came to end the war, and he ended the war, but the thing I like the most, is that we will have a buriel!!! And I will cry like a baby... T_____T

NoLimit89
March 30, 2010, 07:26 AM
It wasn't much of a chapter. Would have been more well done if this was all flashback.

Chris215
March 30, 2010, 07:29 AM
it's about time the war ended. however, i can't imagine BB accepting this because of his terrifying bloodlust! :P anyway, i think that after the timeskip we'll go to SA for a reunion of the SHs with a lot of "what happened" chapters starting with luffy in Law's submarine. that's what i think. :D

Verbal
March 30, 2010, 07:33 AM
It sounds like the war ended too easily after all that tension building up.
But I guess that's an indicator of Shanks' reputation/strength.

Hopefully we get a full script soon.

Seleno
March 30, 2010, 07:35 AM
I'm so happy that the war has ended even if it was quite abrupt. ^^'
It can't be much longer 'til we'll see the strawhats again in action.

And that even Sengoku respects Shanks powers and also ends this war shows us that Shanks is really strong and fearful.But how will BB react now?

But on the other hand .... The narrator text was there so the war should really be over like the incidents on SA and ID

Jayden_kropp
March 30, 2010, 07:37 AM
Not being spiteful or anything just wondering how the Japanese spoiler got soo well translated. The information given in the original Japanese spoiler looked like it had been smashed together, like somebody had thrown a potato at a wall and tried to put it all back together. If there is a better Japanese translation out there on a different website could somebody please post it here in case any further information was missed.

Because i just find it skeptical to find that two fully Japanese people who can speak and write fluent in both languages cant understand that Japanese spoiler (their main language) but somebody else can = s. Somewhat skeptical about this spoiler as a whole. :s

Verbal
March 30, 2010, 07:40 AM
The spoiler posted was pretty brief, but makes fair sense.
It could be because your girl and her mother aren't so familiar with OP?

gold349
March 30, 2010, 07:41 AM
the war ended, marines allowing WB crew to go understandable but the BB crew to go as well thats just a bit f'edd up I think. Granted Shanks is big shot and what he says regard to WB pirates the marines should listen but BB the cause of all this, Ace's dead, WB is dead, BB raised hell in ID stole WB power, the least as far as he is concerned WB, Red hair pirates and marines should deal with him and send them back to ID in sea stone hand cuffs IMO.

BurninDarkness
March 30, 2010, 07:42 AM
wt hell i supposed there will b no action from kizaru due to ben
i hate it that he let kizaru slip

Szaman
I'll wait for the chapter to be out, but it seems like the whole story, charging at high speed came to crush-stop. It's a little too sudden to me, to be honest.
I know, that some ppl say it was too long already, but I still think that after the story has developed the way it did, such an abrupt ending is... well... a bit of a let down.
Sort of a "an adult came to the little kiddies playground, snapped his fingers and all the kids stared to pack their toys" situation.

Jayden_kropp
The spoiler posted was pretty brief, but makes fair sense.
It could be because your girl and her mother aren't so familiar with OP?

Most likely true .... Now that i think about it she picked up the main bits but when it came to the names at the start it really confused her with the way it was put together haha thanks 4 that :)

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 07:46 AM
the marines had to back down. they had no other choice

you think they could survive as an organisation against another yonkou?

hell they've still got blackbeard to deal with

Revolation
March 30, 2010, 07:50 AM
ah shankssaid this isn't how we planned because luffy was supposed to give the straw hat back after he became strong like shanks i thought, but this isn't how shanks planned it so he gave the hat back.

winterwyrm
March 30, 2010, 07:52 AM
I really hope that spoiler is false, it's a terrible way to end the war. I also can't see how kisaru could be shooting at them with ben beckman there.

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 07:55 AM
beckman turned out to be a dissapointment then

damn...

Ichibugen
March 30, 2010, 07:56 AM
I dont usually go on forums screaming "FAKE!!!" like the masses every week, however.... it is April Fools week so be weary.

goldb
March 30, 2010, 07:58 AM
So Shanks is in charge of WB and Ace's funeral. If it is shown, do you think Garp and Luffy will attend?

tobeulp
March 30, 2010, 08:02 AM
It's real I think it is about time Oda end this epic arc.... Shanks ftw I think Sengoku respect all the Yonkou's not Shanks alone the Marines achieve what they want to do so there is no meaning to fight anymore and I think Sengoku heard what Coby said...More time on the next phase of One Piece.... There are far too many things to come in the coming arcs.... Hoping for Stawhat reunion in the next 10 chapters I really want to know what happen on the Strawhat crew....

Ero-Sanji
March 30, 2010, 08:02 AM
Shanks is by far one of the greatest. Even though he's a pirate, he's still bossing the marines around. Yes they are weakened, but still!

urlaub
March 30, 2010, 08:05 AM
do not make a april's fools stuff again. I remember the last one--Luffy being a woman or something. And all the admins being in on this too. F--you if this is some joke. Would be a kinda ordinary joke too. At least make something more amazing or stupid or whatever. If this is not a joke. Then concerning BBs band there arize some questions as people have been saying.

And is Hancock following Luffy to shabondy? Commoon, if she hadn't then the dreams of him joining the SH would have been maybe crushed but now they are still alive and kicking.

kangclaw
March 30, 2010, 08:08 AM
I have to admit it is as surprisingly sudden ending to a war, a bit of a let down.

street_san
March 30, 2010, 08:15 AM
I really dont think it's a let down. Coby was right from the start to the end...and I think he gave some sens back to Sengoku.

Second....the Marines suffered several important loss in this battle, if they had to fight Shanks now...they would've been screwed. Sengoku knows that and I think it's the reason why he surrender. And just like he said: They achieve what they wanted to do.

And as for BB...only the marines top fighters would've been able to fight his crew. With the Quake fruits, he could've killed all the fodder marines....and his crew is quite freaking powerful. And even if the top fighters fight BB....they are still injured. Naah, for me Sengoku made the right move

I think this was a pretty nice ending to the war. Another Younkou assuring the escape of everyone. Yeep, overall...I'm REALLY satisfied about this arc.

TonyTonyChopper
March 30, 2010, 08:16 AM
looks real to me, but is it that easy for BB to let this war end?

Black Lagoon
March 30, 2010, 08:21 AM
OK now I'm saying Boa will join xD

~wow~ Sengoku gives up hahaha :grin

Toxic_
March 30, 2010, 08:25 AM
april fool guys, all the spoilers on the major 3 manga's ALL HAPPEN TO BE REAL from the FIRST try?

common!! april fool :D

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 08:31 AM
i dont understand why people are dissapointed with the end of the war. it's been non-stop action all all the way from impel down to marineford. i've had enough excitement

it makes perfect sense anyway. sengoku would be an idiot if he took on shanks as well

Black Lagoon
March 30, 2010, 08:33 AM
I don't know what A... I wanna see Akainu's face after Sengoku's decision. xD

Warlord90
March 30, 2010, 08:34 AM
It is probably fake. First of all the spoilers came in late in all of the main manga (Bleach. Naruto, One Piece). The previoues week there were also pictures that came even earlier than now. Although the spoilers seem true, they may be just creations from Nja and these other guys.

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 08:35 AM
I think people are disappointed because NJA suffers from memory loss, but when they see all the dialogs in the chapter, they'll start screaming "Epic" as they always do!

Us for the guys who say this is fake, it would be the second time a fake spoiler got me (being the first exactly 1 year ago, in the April fools week..), but they wouldn't hide something more epic to us, and show us a kind of boring script, with missing parts, would day...

gold349
March 30, 2010, 08:36 AM
akoji still freezing water lol admirals have real difficult jobs to do.

Kizaru got away from beckman let down or what?, granted kizaru is fast as light but hey he can be stopped in his tracks using haki no? beckman being around the new world should have some type of haki...anyway buggy being buggy has been the joker trough out this war, Buggy ID entourage have made me laugh given the war was a serious issue for those concerned.

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 08:41 AM
Yoh, it seems that Ben Beckam is responding to Kizaru's sarcasm with sarcasm...

"I didn't think you had so many energy in you"
This really seems a sarcastic speech, but we need pics to figure that out..
And has it is a chapter with lots of talk and conversation, it would be better if it had 19 pages, 2 double spreads :3.

Vizard5
March 30, 2010, 08:41 AM
i'm not gonna trust anything but multiple pics this week.. early detailed spoilers for both one piece and naruto, something is off..

arisemut
March 30, 2010, 08:45 AM
akoji still freezing water lol admirals have real difficult jobs to do.

Kizaru got away from beckman let down or what?, granted kizaru is fast as light but hey he can be stopped in his tracks using haki no? beckman being around the new world should have some type of haki...anyway buggy being buggy has been the joker trough out this war, Buggy ID entourage have made me laugh given the war was a serious issue for those concerned.

well, Nja did said that Beckman surprised because Kizaru still had such energy to do the attack. so i guess Beckman suppress Kizaru with his Haki, but not strong enough to stop the Admiral.
Buggy surely gonna be the next Yonkou now, to see his luck in this war.
and hopefully Hancock find out that Luffy has been saved and stop uselessly searching for him...

Black Lagoon
March 30, 2010, 08:49 AM
I'm ok with the spoilers ... the only thing that bothers/surprise me is : last chapter we saw Law&Co getting away and the spoiler says Buggy gave the Hat back to Luffy. :oh

Winlyx-chan
March 30, 2010, 08:59 AM
I think the spoiler is real. The war has taken way to long and for it to end this way would make sense. The marines lost many fighters already thank to WB, taking on the entire Red Hair pirates would completely knock them out. Also I can't see a fake spoiler having "No new one piece next week". A Fake spoiler is just a spoiler and that's it. What I can see happening is after this week the time jump that Oda mentioned during the interview of the tenth movie. Where in two weeks we see Luffy back with his crew and them being older (don't know by how much). We might get some flashbacks of what happened to show how the crew reunited.

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 08:59 AM
they did not get away, they were still on the surface..

arisemut
March 30, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm ok with the spoilers ... the only thing that bothers/surprise me is : last chapter we saw Law&Co getting away and the spoiler says Buggy gave the Hat back to Luffy. :oh

last chapter, Law's submarine had departed but it hadn't submerge into the sea yet.
and i kinda like it that Oda show us that not only Luffy, other rookies like Law admired Shanks as well. seeing Shanks make him forgot to get inside the ship, which give Buggy the chance to throw him the strawhat.:darn

OunknownO
March 30, 2010, 09:01 AM
perfect ending, congratulation Oda you didn't let us down. This arc was a slippery slope but you came throughout. My grade of this arc is 9,5/10

-0,5 because Oda gave BB, Whitebeard's power.

ScratchmenApoo
March 30, 2010, 09:03 AM
I don't think giving BB a second fruit was a mistake in the story. Moreover it was a brilliant plan. Everyone was thinking that you can only have 1 Devil Fruit ability because of all the rumours. Giving 2 DF powers turned the story around. This arc had so many plot twists and the ending is perfect... The opponents respect each other so much, that's what makes One Piece so good.

Marineford arc 11/10, I got something way over my expectations...

OunknownO
March 30, 2010, 09:09 AM
I don't think giving BB a second fruit was a mistake in the story. Moreover it was a brilliant plan. Everyone was thinking that you can only have 1 Devil Fruit ability because of all the rumours. Giving 2 DF powers turned the story around. This arc had so many plot twists and the ending is perfect... The opponents respect each other so much, that's what makes One Piece so good.

Marineford arc 11/10, I got something way over my expectations...

Then you agree with me, the ending was perfect?

Offtopic:- I think we will find out what happend to mugiwaras in the filler episodes betwen impel down and marine ford arcs

johnnyb7
March 30, 2010, 09:15 AM
Next week is going to be a complete conclusion showing Luffy's wounds being tended, while he's in a coma, the burial of Ace and Whitebeard, then I think it'll skip over to show what has happened to the rest of the strawhat crew.
[hr]
Also, I love the interaction between Buggy and Shanks, haha

Monkey D Ty
March 30, 2010, 09:16 AM
next week i hope that the story shifts to the strawhat crew. i miss them b*******S

PH3000
March 30, 2010, 09:31 AM
next week i hope that the story shifts to the strawhat crew. i miss them b*******S

Next week is going to be a complete conclusion showing Luffy's wounds being tended, while he's in a coma, the burial of Ace and Whitebeard, then I think it'll skip over to show what has happened to the rest of the strawhat crew.
<hr noshade size="1">
Also, I love the interaction between Buggy and Shanks, haha

no one piece next week T_T
btw this chapter will be awesome, i like the part with law watching shanks and how shanks screwed buggy:)
if it's really the last chapter of this war, then i like the end:)

Zehahaha
March 30, 2010, 09:41 AM
I hate this spoiler, well, i love it except for one thing : Beckman, please, why did you let that fuckin monkey do something like that... I had enough of the superiority of the admirals, in this entire war, the admirals were like the GODS, and now, when i was waiting for someone to keep them in check at least... Damn it !

Anyway, nice thing that this war is finished, after such an epic arc... damn, that was really good

Seleno
March 30, 2010, 09:47 AM
One of the newer Spoilers said something about the cover of a woman sitting on a chair.... I wonder if it will be a foreshadowing for the newest SH member.

ScratchmenApoo
March 30, 2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone else notice that Akainu, being overly angry about the pirates escaping, still takes command from Sengoku, no matter what the order ? Seems like Akainu still follows some kind of hierarchy and isn't a rebel like someone else (pst pst Garp).

Organizized
March 30, 2010, 09:54 AM
^ Indeed, Akainu keeps living up to the "dog" part of his nickname, staying loyal to his superiors as always. He went wild there for a while because Sengoku allowed him to, and he seemed like he was gonna stop at nothing, but he's probably the most loyal marine we've seen yet so I'm not really surprised that he follows the order, despite not personally liking it.

frontaLobotomy
March 30, 2010, 09:55 AM
I thought Shanks' introduction would bring about a stalemate, it made the most sense. Will Blackbeard just leave though? He did say he was going to sink Marineford.. Either way, the arc is finally over, all that remains is when we're going to see Luffy come around, at least he has his hat now.

SenninSage
March 30, 2010, 09:57 AM
Hmm, I wonder what Sengoku means by, "I don't mind, since it's you"

Does he and Shanks have some kind of history beyond what we already assume to be their relationship?

I have a suspicion that the Tenryubito will be greatly disappointed that Luffy, who dared lay his hands on one of them back on the Sabondy Archipelago, managed to escape, and will probably look to punish the very top of the Marines, Sengoku. Or Sengoku may escape punishment, however, Garp, as the blood relative of Straw Hat Luffy, may receive whatever punishment is coming instead.

Sengoku also didn't want to face the entirety of the Red Hair Pirates, it seems.

DARK
March 30, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hmm, I wonder what Sengoku means by, "I don't mind, since it's you"

Does he and Shanks have some kind of history beyond what we already assume to be their relationship?

Snce Shanks is a Yonkou, and Sengoku is the Fleet Admiral, they should at least have some solid history between them both.

chess4
March 30, 2010, 10:01 AM
love the interaction between buggy and shanks......just like old times.

law standing in awe at shanks was great 2.

now for the big question.............who will get shanks flame fruit power, and how and when will it sprout again

Mangafan2
March 30, 2010, 10:11 AM
Too bad there's a break. But it will be a calming chapter =) see how everyone has progressed or is doing after the break/war ^^

happy GIN smily
March 30, 2010, 10:17 AM
dont forget that each and everybody in One Piece is somehow related to each other or share some part of their past...

Shanks may be the brother of Garps Houskeeper who had the same carpet as Shongok has...

ScratchmenApoo
March 30, 2010, 10:26 AM
now for the big question.............who will get shanks flame fruit power, and how and when will it sprout again

I'm sure you just had a typo there and meant Ace...
Either way.. I don't think it will be shown again in the story... I don't like to see it again.. At least not until the very end of One Piece..

chess4
March 30, 2010, 10:35 AM
i am super excited to see what is going to happen after this war.....next nakama

johnnyb7
March 30, 2010, 10:36 AM
does anyone think that to have Perona as the next crew member is out of the question?

tiberiuscg
March 30, 2010, 10:40 AM
perona power is totally broken, cant happen

and yeah, sengoku cant fight whitebeard without making plans so hes not crazy to face a second yonkou with injured army

Yans86
March 30, 2010, 10:49 AM
Shanks will do the burial for WB and Ace.....
Any idea about the people that will show up beside most of the pirates showing up in this war to help them???

I really hope Oda will deal with it as good as he did with the going merry or even better :-D

chess4
March 30, 2010, 10:57 AM
I'm sure you just had a typo there and meant Ace...
Either way.. I don't think it will be shown again in the story... I don't like to see it again.. At least not until the very end of One Piece..

i hope we see it soon....there are not many logia abilities out there(thats not stupid anyway like syrup fruit or something).....so hopefully we see it. i still cant believe ace is dead though. he was such a great character. garp failed rogers.

with ace and WB dead its obvious that marco we become captain. man it would have been great to see ace and luffy side by side again.

TheMoa
March 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
I think the burial will be showed in just a couple of pages in some kind of flashback

Yans86
March 30, 2010, 11:12 AM
Actually I can't see Marco becoming the captain of the WB pirates,he doesn't have the strenght neither the charisma to accomplish such a thing...and not only for a matter of leading a crew but also for the point of being a "Yonkou" and managing to control various area or district of the NW...

Is more likely for the WB crew to join redhead or disband instead of anything else IMO......not saying that after such a failure I don't see what kind of motivation woul they have to keep on doing their stuff as they did till now :-P

joyner
March 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
I hope that Sanji will get the df of Ace. It will be a good buff for him and its perfect for him since he is a cook.

Fantasy810
March 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
It would be great if Marco and the rest join Shank's crew :D

julitodelima
March 30, 2010, 11:26 AM
hello, someone knows what the url of spoiler one piece on 2ch to find pictures and then posts here, I'm an expert at that but not the url, be grateful, thanks

ScratchmenApoo
March 30, 2010, 11:27 AM
I think the next chapter, Aokiji will unfreeze the water... Law gets free and hurries to Shabaody.... Blackbeard Pirates go on San Juan Wolf and he walks away in the sea... The Marines go back to the fort and begin rebuilding the structures and tending the wounds... the higher officials look on the burial.. Shanks buries the two... and Whitebeard Division Captains will cry... Even Shanks sheds a tear... And then leaves also...

happy GIN smily
March 30, 2010, 11:30 AM
why are Shanks and his crew such hippies?
they should beat the crap out of someone. and letting BB get away so easy is just a lame idea. who would do such things???

Fox666
March 30, 2010, 11:33 AM
they should beat the crap out of someone. and letting BB get away so easy is just a lame idea. who would do such things???Well, the red-haired pirates are strong, surely enough to take over half of the remaining marine forces. BUT that wouldn't go for free, they also would loose crewmates...

OunknownO
March 30, 2010, 11:37 AM
they should beat the crap out of someone. and letting BB get away so easy is just a lame idea. who would do such things???

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/579/12/
http://media.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000301242/13.jpg
this is why

Dark Doc.
March 30, 2010, 11:52 AM
It would be great if Marco and the rest join Shank's crew :D

The Red-hair pirates would get an huge power/number boost if that would happen:blink. I don't think the entire WB-crew will make the crew change, probably only the strongest members willing to carry on the spirit of WB and respecting and thankfull to Shanks. Shanks has a crew where quality is more important than quantitiy and since Rockstar was still considered a rookie with his 94 mil bountie, I guess the WB fodder will just disbanden.

This arc was one of the best up to now 9.99/10, no 10/10 because I hoped to see some more unknown powers (Law's, Dofla, Garp, BB crew)

superman97
March 30, 2010, 11:57 AM
The Red-hair pirates would get an huge power/number boost if that would happen:blink. I don't think the entire WB-crew will make the crew change, probably only the strongest members willing to carry on the spirit of WB and respecting and thankfull to Shanks. Shanks has a crew where quality is more important than quantitiy and since Rockstar was still considered a rookie with his 94 mil bountie, I guess the WB fodder will just disbanden.

This arc was one of the best up to now 9.99/10, no 10/10 because I hoped to see some more unknown powers (Law's, Dofla, Garp, BB crew)

Im happy the way it ended. If this was bleach the war would of been at least 3 years long with at least 200 panels showing nothing but Luffys face in reaction to what is going on.... and you still wouldn't have seen the peoples powers you mentioned.

So what kind of predictions if everyone making for when the strawhats regroup? I'm gonna say 5-6 chapters.

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 12:04 PM
A 32 chapters big arc isn't that big..
So it was a good arc, summed it up pretty quickly, without forgetting the double spreads to show the terror of this battle...
It didn't spoil the powers, cause that would be LAME. I want to know Dofla's power when he fights against one of the SH's or against an important character, not in the middle of the war...

I only found 3 fails:
-WB commanders did nothing at all, but they did show off their strength, they holded admirals, but got pwnd from being distracted.. I would have liked to see more of them, I wanted to see them in battle, is powers, an introduction box at least!
-I wanted to know the names of the fruits, there were 5 fruits introduced, but we only got 1 name!
-I wanted at least one battle with a beginning and an end, they could easily fight a 1-1 battle... but they didn't, probably for not spoiling the powers to much!

And thats why I give this arc a 9,4/10

Hope the next arc (Post marine ford arc) will worth a 10/10 with tears and joy.. :3

ScratchmenApoo
March 30, 2010, 12:07 PM
Shanks doesn't attack the marines because he isn't stupid. He knows that if he did something like that, his crew would also suffer casualties/injuries. Also, everyone did their part in this war and fighting is pointless now (see Coby's speech). Red-Hair also predicted this... Thatswhy he went on Whitebeard's ship to call off Ace from finding Blackbeard... Because of WB stubbordness, both Ace and him are dead...

k-dom
March 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
I really wonder what this cover is. It's strange that Nja didn't recognize Robin
Also I am more and more convinced that Luffy will stay in mermaid island so that is what I expect from the next chapter. Luffy waking up in the middle of fishmen

gesgift
March 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
Shanks doesn't attack the marines because he isn't stupid. He knows that if he did something like that, his crew would also suffer casualties/injuries. Also, everyone did their part in this war and fighting is pointless now (see Coby's speech). Red-Hair also predicted this... Thatswhy he went on Whitebeard's ship to call off Ace from finding Blackbeard... Because of WB stubbordness, both Ace and him are dead...

WB was not stuborn, it was Ace, remember? WB probably just said he sent Ace after WB to protect Ace. WB had pride, but the stubborn one was Ace...

And Shanks is awesome! Really curious about Mihawks reaction.

Max Mojito
March 30, 2010, 12:22 PM
sounds like its gonno be a good chapter, damn a year goes by fast last year we had that april fools chapter lol

sindergi
March 30, 2010, 12:25 PM

WB and his tried to persuade Ace not to chase after BB but Ace is probably as stubborn as Luffy.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/552/14/

What else could he done - handcuff Ace to the mast ?

Maedhros
March 30, 2010, 12:41 PM
I don't think it's an april fools, but the part about not having chapter next week can be a lie.

Gats
March 30, 2010, 12:41 PM
Wow I just read the spoilers, seems Sengoku respects Shanks. I wonder how Aikanu would think about it.

Warlord90
March 30, 2010, 01:05 PM
Why aren't there any pics. Are they waiting for us to be fooled and then show the real ones ?

OunknownO
March 30, 2010, 01:07 PM
I don't think it's an april fools, but the part about not having chapter next week can be a lie.

nope.... next week is golden week, that means no shonen jump for a week

RichardMNixon
March 30, 2010, 01:11 PM
Wow I just read the spoilers, seems Sengoku respects Shanks. I wonder how Aikanu would think about it.

"Akainu doesn't look happy, he's biting his lips."

He's got his tail between his legs. That newspaper boy he was chasing just ran behind a tank.

Kaos-Sensei
March 30, 2010, 01:14 PM
are you serious...thats it....wow Oda what a lame chapter compared to all the rest....i mean the huge war just ends like that no big finish........im so sad

Spaceman-Spiff
Boy that was pretty anti-climactic. But I guess the war won't end otherwise...

Ero-Sanji
"Akainu doesn't look happy, he's biting his lips."

He's got his tail between his legs. That newspaper boy he was chasing just ran behind a tank.

That was an awesome metaphor, seriously:o:amuse

Btw guess Oda had plans for his sentence in the Yellow Databook. When he talked(wrote) about Shanks he said that he had the ability to talk and change the course of a battle. Shanks is amazing:D

Ravis
March 30, 2010, 01:26 PM
perona power is totally broken, cant happen

and yeah, sengoku cant fight whitebeard without making plans so hes not crazy to face a second yonkou with injured army

I get the feeling she was kept around for a reason, not necessarily joining the crew mind you but for a reason. and if she did, once they hit the new world ima guess shed be severely Nerfed by haki.

And i'm glad the arc is finaly over, it was a nice arc, but if you combine it with the W7, ID arcs they have been in the part of the ocean for a very long time.

vagabond87
March 30, 2010, 01:26 PM
Why aren't there any pics. Are they waiting for us to be fooled and then show the real ones ?

Probably yes :notrust
Naruto and bleach already have "confirmed" lame spoilers... I dont believe until I see pics...

jiminy
March 30, 2010, 01:31 PM
i like the spoilers, I didnt want the spoilers to spoil the powers of the red hair pirates or them even showing any of them off during this already over war. I still want the mystery behind how powerful they are so that it is so much better when we see it in a future chapter.

BB and Sengoku supposedly both stop fighting, Im guessing they respect Shanks and know that they are already low on energy and cannot take another Yonkou on. Smart move by Sengoku.

And I found it funny how Shanks took advantage of Buggy and his greed for treasure to get the strawhat back to Luffy, that was a problem quickly solved. Now Luffy will not know at all anything that happened after Ace's death until someone clues him in

Taraku
March 30, 2010, 01:41 PM
nope.... next week is golden week, that means no shonen jump for a week
I don't get it.
You say next week would be Golden Week? But according to wikipedia it's on April 29 and from May 3-5.
And April is just beginning next week, so why is everyone saying it would be Golden Week? Can someone explain this to me?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_%28Japan%29

Anyways, nice spoilers if they are really right. Finally the war is over.

gaston42
March 30, 2010, 01:51 PM
I'm going to hate this week. April 1st will be the day the scanlations usually come out, so checking whether the spoilers are true or not is a waste of time IMHO. Seriously, we already have fake spoilers every week, sometimes even spoilers marked as confirmed with fake elements in them (remember the NW captain bounties ? Bleach Hado 93 ?).

What make me mad is that the spoilers look promising :(

Marche
March 30, 2010, 01:51 PM
I don't get it.
You say next week would be Golden Week? But according to wikipedia it's on April 29 and from May 3-5.
And April is just beginning next week, so why is everyone saying it would be Golden Week? Can someone explain this to me?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_%28Japan%29

Anyways, nice spoilers if they are really right. Finally the war is over.The next week is not Golden Week, only OP there isn't, is as a normal hiatus.

Bugzee
March 30, 2010, 02:06 PM
Wow. I didn't expect Shanks to take care of both WB's & Ace's burials. I'm curious to know which island he will take their bodies too? :s Will Garp pay a visit to them? :crying

Buggy got tricked by Shanks! xD I can't wait to see those panels.

blizzard_zer0
March 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
i think most of spoiler is fake like year ago when spoiler said luffy gender change into a woman.

my prediction

the war will stop at chapter 482,and all remaining yonkou(3 yonkou) arrive in marine HQ.

bopnoh10
March 30, 2010, 02:11 PM
Perfect ending to the war. I believe that Sengoku (the strategist) understood that if he didn't let Luffy and WB crew go, then the marines would have to fight on two fronts: BB crew AND Shanks. Remember that it was just WB crew vs WG, but now it's BB crew vs WG and Shanks vs WG, so that is too much at once. Sengoku understood that his back was against the wall and perhaps he owed Shanks a favor as well.
Nevertheless, I expect Hancock to find Luffy and join the SH's and Marco to join with Shanks.

zerocooldx
March 30, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hmm i wonder if there is any type of a connection/past between Sengoku and Shanks. Especially since Sengoku seems to apparently say "I don't mind... since it's you" when Shanks says he is going to bury Ace and WB.

Messiah
March 30, 2010, 02:46 PM
why would someone as stubborn as BB just leave the island?
he wanted to take on both garp and sengoku. it wouldn't make sense if he decided to retreat that easily

Youbba
March 30, 2010, 02:47 PM
It would be awesome if Shanks take WB and Ace bodies to bury them in Raftel.
Shanks was in Roger's ship when they reached Raftel, so there is a possibilty that he knows how to go there again.
As for Buggy I bet he was unconscious when Roger was in Raftel :)

beastboy
March 30, 2010, 02:57 PM
^
Or he knows that his captain's treasure arent jewels or gold, so he has no interest in it!
But I'm starting to feel this spoilers are fake, I mean, nothing really happens... I know its the end of the war, but there is nothing that makes my chin fall...

omegakai
March 30, 2010, 02:58 PM
Well Shanks Shows up and now the war is ended, BB runs off to lick his wounds, and now we can move to next arc. kind of wish i got see his crew fight a little before but sengoku is smart it would be too risky to continue and have to go up against shanks entire crew along with all the other people running around. Now is just to see if the next chapter after this one will be a time skip or will they show the burials and then move on to show what luffy's crew is up to

happy GIN smily
March 30, 2010, 03:10 PM
this would be the worst arc so far if i had not read Thriller Bark...
looking forward for something new

btw:
Garp should die
he proved himself worthless. he is a shame for his family and for the marines

Dice
March 30, 2010, 03:11 PM
I don't know what to think about the spoilers....the could be true but because of the first of april I think they are fake and the mods are pressing the confirmed button (maybe the are even involved :D )...so I hope fake...just to see more xD

Marche
March 30, 2010, 03:27 PM
why would someone as stubborn as BB just leave the island?
he wanted to take on both garp and sengoku. it wouldn't make sense if he decided to retreat that easilyThis is a sense, because if he does not not only Garp and Sengoku, but alle the Shichibukai (except for Hancock) and the marine (also Kizaru, Akainu and Aokiji).
I hope than in the next chapter, Garp will go to Shanks and will say than He will be the one to take care of Ace and WB burial, and than He (Shanks) must thinks of Rufy.
But perhaps He will take care of Ace and WB body and will go to Rufy (because now there will be not "Marine duty", now He is free to be "a gramp").
In the truth I hope than Shanks and Garp will speak of "Ace-Roger" (but perhaps Rufy or someone other will say that) and Garp will thank Shanks for saving Rufy 10 years ago.

I hoped thank Shanks killed Akainu, but perhaps Oda decided than Garp will be the one who will do it, at the end of the manga, after than Rufy will became already the next pirate king, in the final war announced from WB (because I think than all the "will of be D" will face the WG).
I also think than at the beginning of the war Aokiji will take Robin and will ask her the truth obout the WG (there will be a scene similar to that of Robin's mother and Sauro, when she was still imprisoned).
After that Aokiji will go against the WG.

Anyways I am happy than Hancock appear in this chapter (also if I was sure than her role was not over).

ScratchmenApoo
March 30, 2010, 03:38 PM
BB didn't want Garp nor Sengoku. BB wanted only the life of Whitebeard to be taken and his Devil Fruit. Sengoku just interfered with BB plans to try out his newly obtained Gura Gura... BB will go away and recharge up for something new...

~*Enigma*~
March 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
Yup, I figured Shanks would say that. Now finally the war is over! But I'm upset that Shanks didn't show us his power. He might shows us during his rematch with BB maybe?

goldb
March 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
this would be the worst arc so far if i had not read Thriller Bark...
looking forward for something new

btw:
Garp should die
he proved himself worthless. he is a shame for his family and for the marines

You should really elaborate your opinions more...

Why did you want Garp to die? because he couldn't bring himself to hit his grandson?

Thinking back now that the war is over, I don't think I'm disappointed with not having seen much of Sengoku or Garp fighting. The admirals and Vice-Admirals were enough to subdue all the pirates so they didn't have to get involved.

I don't think the war arc is the worst arc in OP, it's definetly not the best but it was inevitable and had to happen. Sorry to disappoint those who were expecting some pretty one-on-one fights, wars just aren't like that. With the little with seen from the Marines characters' abilities, at least we have now something to look forward to going into the Fishman Islands and beyond...

drzcoyotex3
March 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
well im wondering if we are being fooled because of april fools or not, i hope this spoiler is true, i mean what is the connection between shanks and sengoku, i mean sengoku stopping the war just because shanks came, then he saying that he will aloow shanks to hold the funeral for wb and ace, hmm pretty interesting if you ask me

Omnion_1990
March 30, 2010, 03:51 PM
Just found a script in my garden. The other script is a joke. Don't let april fool you too.

小柄な男がはやっているし、フィデル府は愚かもいる火シャン崖の上のbibabutzeジャンプブームも黒ひげと楽しそうにと歌う
その後も若いモルヒネ私たちは私には、私は私の一部はここだけの私は、同じ私の退屈を破壊するフェッツァーと私のものの韻を翻訳に接続できるかどうか私は詳細を書くように愚かを読み取り、迅速にシュニッツェルが望んでいる良いエアロスミスの夜のメインから

I' will summarize the things happening in this chapter but it seems that there are still some parts that are not complete.

Alwasys keep in mind that Oda personally gave me a call to tell me those things. Oda and I like to drink beer together but lately he has much work to do at home so he's short of time :(

Shanks is lifting the head. "Luffy...". He's staring at Akainu.
Shank's saying that he will stop the war not matter what he's got to do.
Sengoku thinks about the situation and suddenly tries to attack Blackbeard but is stopped by Lucky Rou. Shanks tells him that he will stop the war on all sides and that he won't allow any violence.
Akainu attacks Shanks. Shanks uses his sword. Akainus loses an arm. "I'll stop this war....no matter what".
While saying this words everybody notices a change in the atmosphere.
Law and the Whitebeard pirates leave. Shanks says "you will meet your destiny soon" (not very sure if he's talking to Sengoku or Blackbeard).
The last page on one half shows Luffy sleeping and on the panel below we see Shanks with his hat. On the other half we see Ace's body smiling and his head lies next to Whitebeard.
The chapter end with: Finally it ends. Many died. But the time is still flowing.
Next chapter title: It won't be the same again.

if this is true im happy, because i actually want akainu to have lost SOMETHING throughout this war taking into consideration what he has done.

jiminy
March 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
I guess seeing the power of one of the yonkou's is not enough for some. If all of the yonkou's were to show up and display their power, would that be better? But what if in the future, Oda were to show them again, that would be old news. Like I said in one of previous posts, Im glad Oda did not show any of Shanks' powers. When we see it in the future, then we will be in awe of another Yonkou's power. Im speculating that Luffy will defeat Kaidou to get to Shanks, or something along those lines.

As for BB, I think that he was secretly glad (or his crew at least) that he did not have to face Sengoku and Garp at once, and then eventually the Admirals. Shanks saved his ass because I doubt that BB alone could defeat them. BB was to the point that he was full of himself and risked destroying himself along with his crew and the marines.

Now all of this is in speculation with the current spoilers being real

Dice
March 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
Well Oda told me that Akainu will get an artificial arm from Vegapunk. Additionally he will try to find Luffy but it will take time to find him (and it will takt time to get used to his new arm since he can't use his devilfruit with this arm).

jiminy
March 30, 2010, 03:57 PM
Well Oda told me that Akainu will get an artificial arm from Vegapunk. Additionally he will try to find Luffy but it will take time to find him (and it will takt time to get used to his new arm since he can't use his devilfruit with this arm).

lol, but how come Kuma was still able to use his devil fruit when his arms were the first to be replaced?

Dice
March 30, 2010, 04:01 PM
Oda didn't tell us yet but he received his devilfruit after the change of his body so the fruit also applies to his artificial parts.

Black Lagoon
March 30, 2010, 04:29 PM
For some reason these spoilers don't excite me ... maybe pics will do better.

However, I still want to know why Kaidou tried to prevent Whitebeard from going to Marineford. :oh

shluffy
March 30, 2010, 05:02 PM
no fight? no yasopp? no lucky roo? i was expecting more out of this chapter.

Black Lagoon
March 30, 2010, 05:07 PM
Don't worry there would a proper war in the future and you'll be able to see Shanks, Kaidou, "the unknown", Luffy&Rookies and all their crew. ^^

bittman
March 30, 2010, 05:24 PM
....is this chapter meant to be believable at all?

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but I don't associate with anything in this chapter. Blackbeard has an advantage - he should be pushing it
Sengoku has the chance to erase the Gura Gura no Mi for good and recapture all the ID breakouts - he should be pushing it
Shanks - basically just says some words and makes a threat which apparantly the entire island can hear despite the fact that he's most likely not shouting it

And Sengoku releases WB and Ace's bodies to Shanks? Garp you're the biggest disappointment of this war!

Only good thing about this chapter is that it basically brought the war to a close and we can move on to better arcs where Luffy actually looks like he has a chance of winning again and it's filled with characters we actually care about as opposed to 10,000 cameos.

So frustrated with this arc. After a run of gems from Water 7 right up to Impel Down (if you excuse the dull Kuja Island) One Piece had been really improving. But I feel like Oda reached for the stars and only got halfway up Mt Fuji before sliding the rest of the way back to sea level with this arc.

Oh well, here's hoping for the next arc.

Black Lagoon
March 30, 2010, 05:25 PM
@ Dice - I guess he meant a real fight with panels and stuff ... not only some flashes.

Bonfire01
March 30, 2010, 05:56 PM
Assuming the spoilers are accurate I think Oda's done a good job of ending the war.

He's not going to drag it on while the protagonist is KO'd AND he's found a way for Shanks to end the war without having to show us his crews' abilities (i've always expected Luffy to end up having to fight Shanks crew since he said he would get a crew that could beat Shanks to him way back when he got his hat :) ).

It goes to show that each Yonkai is obviously very powerful since Segoku feels the red hair pirates joining in is a really serious threat AND hints that logia users really can get tired out from using their OTT powers (Ben's comment about Kizaru).

Overall looks like a good chapter and hopefully we can get the SH's back together before too long. Still intereted to see if Oda gets them all together then each one gives us a few chapters of flashback or we see what happens to them all then they arrive or what...

msg
March 30, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'm just gonna spam a bit with smilies
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Oda right now is having a discussion with nja and apprentice regarding the future of the strawhats at his office.thats why oda having a break from sj.According to apprentice from his mobile Oda seems a bit dissapointed at him for leaking out spoilers too early unlike nja.He said he will likely get punishment or fine later.Also according to nja Oda also wants Hancock to get pregnant with luffy's child.

can't wait for nja pics

shluffy
March 30, 2010, 06:08 PM
It seems likely that chapter 581 and afterward will be arcs revolving about Luffy's crew.

Dice
March 30, 2010, 06:12 PM
Well actually he told me that the apprentice is just one of his synonyms in the internet. Furthermore he want's Hankock to be a once in a while character. So no child no joining the straw hats.
Oda is really enjoying the conversation over here and is looking forward to the first. It might be the best chapter since a long time (according to Oda). Be prepared ;)

Oda is going to bed now. So there will be now real spoilers anymore. Oda wants me to say "Shubakaba". The people the message is adressed to might understand that he sais so I dont know but anyway a chiri-o from me.

sarutobi_sensei
March 30, 2010, 06:21 PM
Woa why the trolling? xD

shluffy why do you say that?

kkck
March 30, 2010, 06:26 PM
Holy shit, the arc is over.... I guess the full might of the redhair pirates along with the WB ones against the WG is a little too much for them to handle. I guess it makes sense though. I still wonder though, if all the red haird crew is as small as we have seen before then each of the main members should be stronger than an admiral. I am still surprised Ben managed to stop kizaru by pointing a gun at him, he must be quite brutal.

shluffy
March 30, 2010, 06:26 PM
Woa why the trolling? xD

shluffy why do you say that?

Why? Because the war is over. What's left to show? There is obviously going to be arcs revolving Luffy's crew. Feel free to disagree.

sarutobi_sensei
March 30, 2010, 06:35 PM
Holy shit, the arc is over.... I guess the full might of the redhair pirates along with the WB ones against the WG is a little too much for them to handle. I guess it makes sense though. I still wonder though, if all the red haird crew is as small as we have seen before then each of the main members should be stronger than an admiral. I am still surprised Ben managed to stop kizaru by pointing a gun at him, he must be quite brutal.

It's a big crew, we've seen the "fodder" of that crew already xD

Why? Because the war is over. What's left to show? There is obviously going to be arcs revolving Luffy's crew. Feel free to disagree.

Oh, I thought you knew something else like our friend Dice here.

I hope it resolves around Luffy getting his crew back also. So no, I don't disagree x)

bittman
March 30, 2010, 06:56 PM

Yeah, because the admirals were such weaklings.

If each of the main members were greater than admirals, then Luffy's last 10 bosses are all going to have to be pirates because the marines have got no hope of being anywhere near the end.

lankus
March 30, 2010, 08:32 PM
Yea really hope they switch to arcs about getting the crew back together instead of a time-skip. Imo time-skips are for writers who don't know how to take advantage of their world's situation and characters. You can easily write about other characters as time passes instead of just instantly saying "five years has passed and now the character is ten times stronger!".

I don't really see a need for a time-skip here if he continues to write the story in the awesome manner that he has been for years now... this isn't Kishimoto after all.

On another note I wouldn't be surprised to see Blackbeard gain more powers. It isn't that he ate multiple devils fruits, it's just that his dark power acts as a black hole and absorbs the essence of whatever he wants, thus he doesn't explode(?) by having these powers. I'm guessing that it's the eating of the actual fruit that would cause this and not the possession of the actual power.

julitodelima
March 30, 2010, 08:44 PM
ya salio 1 imagen

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6052/381950.jpg

senewe
March 30, 2010, 09:00 PM
Guys.. look at the latest spoiler...
Almighty Red-Haired Pirates
I'm Tremble to see that. it's a way more epic than BB crew entrance...

msg
March 30, 2010, 09:12 PM
oh wow.Do they look bad ass or what!.look at Yassop!.I think i need to update my sig lol.
I see a new character at that group.the one who looks like squado with dragon tattoo.Did not see rockstar.

Finale
March 30, 2010, 09:14 PM
I love that picture of the Red Hair pirates. Can't wait to see the other Yonkou crews.

Riyuki
March 30, 2010, 09:20 PM
Can someone please tell me why Shanks is such an important character? I thought WB was the top dog... is Shanks supposed to be stronger?

I apologize for asking this but I just started watching/reading onepiece around the impel down area. Thanks for any responses!!

damane08
March 30, 2010, 09:23 PM
Red Hair pirates look........... amazing!
Yassop looks so different, can't wait for the chapter.

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 09:25 PM
got damn at the red haired crew.

beckman, roux and yassopp look buff as hell (roux put on weight?)

then there's the crazy guy with the monkey, the big guy with the dragon tattoo, the old timey swordsman, the young hip guy and some sort of caveman dude off panel

no wonder he's a yonkou

damane08
March 30, 2010, 09:26 PM
Can someone please tell me why Shanks is such an important character? I thought WB was the top dog... is Shanks supposed to be stronger?

I apologize for asking this but I just started watching/reading onepiece around the impel down area. Thanks for any responses!!

I think that what is happening now would probably happen if any of the other yonkou arrived. The marines just don't have enough power to fight another yonkou at the moment and since Shanks doesn't want to fight them either, it seems like a good decision on their part.

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 09:30 PM
sengoku is a smart guy, he would have got destroyed if he kept fighting

hell i thought the blackbeard/whitebeard crews were badass. the red haired crew looks just as strong

Riyuki
March 30, 2010, 09:31 PM
Dang.. I think I'm just going to search around for some answers because I dont wanna bother you guys and get off topic by trying to find out quick. I have no idea what a yonkou is but I will go find out lol XD!!

Can anyone just tell me who Shanks is and why he is so important? I tried reading from the beginning but stopped at chapter 23 because it wasn't as intense as it is now (obviously.. since this is obviously a climax part of the manga haha). Is Shanks considered stronger than WB?

El-Thor
March 30, 2010, 09:34 PM
Red Hair pirates look........... amazing!
Yassop looks so different, can't wait for the chapter.

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed. Yassop looks BADASS !! An a flag wrapped around him? So patriotic :luffy

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 09:35 PM
here's the text i got from another forum

"Shanks: Bring it on! We’ll be your opponent.
How about it, Teach? Or rather…Blackbeard.
Blackbeard: Zehahahaha let’s stop for now. I’ve already gotten what I wanted, it’s still to early to fight with you.
Zehahahaha! Let’s go, you bastards!"

so let me get this straight. akainu is too scared to say anything. blackbeard is too scared to fight him and sengoku would rather give up than keep fighting

how strong must they be?

tripkoyan
March 30, 2010, 09:43 PM
Dang.. I think I'm just going to search around for some answers because I dont wanna bother you guys and get off topic by trying to find out quick. I have no idea what a yonkou is but I will go find out lol XD!!

Can anyone just tell me who Shanks is and why he is so important? I tried reading from the beginning but stopped at chapter 23 because it wasn't as intense as it is now (obviously.. since this is obviously a climax part of the manga haha). Is Shanks considered stronger than WB?

I do know that Shanks and WB are 2 of the 4 Yonkous, there are the other 2 that are not yet introduced. I think they are close or better than an Admiral.

julitodelima
March 30, 2010, 09:45 PM
imagenes

http://imepita.jp/20100331/416520

http://imepita.jp/20100331/417870

http://imepita.jp/20100331/419640

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 09:48 PM
i seriously hope the whitebeard captains join shanks. crocodile and jinbei too

Kaos-Sensei
March 30, 2010, 09:50 PM
even though shanks and crew look badass in the pics...im still down about how this huge war we just had ends with everyone retreating from them...i mean yea this arc showed wb dieing(72 year old man who wouldve died pretty soon anyway) and his era ending but is that it?...i mean luffy accomplished nothing he was already world famous.....this arc was basically for nothing other than introducing bb news crew...marineford didnt even get sunk.... :/

damane08
March 30, 2010, 09:53 PM
i seriously hope the whitebeard captains join shanks. crocodile and jinbei too

that would be so awesome!! it'd be a super pirate crew. don't see croco-boy doing it though.

Riyuki
March 30, 2010, 09:59 PM
I wish Jinbei would join the strawhat crew or something.

undertoe
March 30, 2010, 10:00 PM
Tashigi cover?! Crazy. I wonder if this means those three marines are officially SH allies now...

street_san
March 30, 2010, 10:09 PM
even though shanks and crew look badass in the pics...im still down about how this huge war we just had ends with everyone retreating from them...i mean yea this arc showed wb dieing(72 year old man who wouldve died pretty soon anyway) and his era ending but is that it?...i mean luffy accomplished nothing he was already world famous.....this arc was basically for nothing other than introducing bb news crew...marineford didnt even get sunk.... :/

Luffy basically scared every top marines fighters. He showed his King Haki, the limitless of his power, his determination. He was able to fight against some stroong marines (VA and all), and, on top of that...he was the one who release Ace. Luffy is now in the blacklist of ALL marines at the moment. Even Akainu was so desesperate to kill Luffy because he know how much dangerous he can be.

Please don't say Luffy didn't accomplish any important things. For me, after WB, he had the biggest impact in all this war. And plus....he was able to bring some pretty strong folks with him.

And this arc didn't happen to introduce BB new mates. It showed the power of the WG. We have to know that this society (WG) has been created for over 100 years. They can't lose right now. They have to stay alive so that everyone can fear or respect this organisation. In this war, they proved that they can face anyone....even the strongest man in the world. Admirals, Vice-Admirals are really top fighters and they have to be feared in all the pirates world. Now that they've won the war....they're now stronger then ever. We saw the power of the Admirals and how strong they can be (facing WB and staying alive is something).

Also, this war showed the power of the new era. I don't think it's only Luffy who have a limitless power. All the supernova must have a hidden strength. Luffy just showed to the old era that the future can rely on him...and that he has the strength to accomplish what he wants. Even WB, the strongest man in the world, acknowledge the power of Luffy....the power of the new era. This is why he was able to leave without regrets. The only regret he have is that he wasn't able to kill BB....but even soo he entrust this task to the young ones.

Naah, overall, this arc was superb. We got to see the old era imesuerable strength, we had the chance to witness the limitless power of the new era, and the fear of the Marines towards this new era. Great arc

P.S: sorry for the bad english :/

Spaceman-Spiff
March 30, 2010, 10:11 PM
Man, Lucky Roo is so huge now. He eats a lot of meat for sure huh...

http://yohohoho.net/temp/onepiece/lucky_roo-medium.jpg (http://yohohoho.net/temp/onepiece/lucky_roo.jpg)

msg
March 30, 2010, 10:11 PM
Guess its the marine cover story.Coby and helmeppo having a lesson with Tashigi.Does this mean Coby and Helmeppo gonna join Smoker crew?Looks like a foreshadow to me

ShiShi-O
March 30, 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm just gonna spam a bit with smilies
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Oda right now is having a discussion with nja and apprentice regarding the future of the strawhats at his office.thats why oda having a break from sj.According to apprentice from his mobile Oda seems a bit dissapointed at him for leaking out spoilers too early unlike nja.He said he will likely get punishment or fine later.Also according to nja Oda also wants Hancock to get pregnant with luffy's child.

can't wait for nja pics

i predicted this, when i predicted she would fall for him ...:tem

bittman
March 30, 2010, 10:19 PM
Whilst I'm still bitching about stuff:

What happened to angry Akainu? The savage angry unstoppable force of nature got a little bit stopped by a sword and that's all it takes?

WHERE DID ALL THE GOOD ONE PIECE VILLAINS GO?

Doflamingo is seriously my last hope now that Akainu has joined the club of complete cash-outs that Blackbeard wants to become head of and Crocodile founded.

Lucchi would not let this sort of shit slide. I thought Akainu was super-Lucchi =(

hy4k
March 30, 2010, 10:23 PM
akainu follows orders without question, he's completely loyal

if sengoku tells him to stop he stops

ShiShi-O
March 30, 2010, 10:25 PM

well ya see

shanks and WB go way back, like how roger and WB had sake

shanks is in his prime and he has Haoshoku Haki, WB was betrayed and old

when he came to WB it was as a friend to keep ace away from BB, and he was making people in WB crew pass out.

shanks is obviously a power-house in his prime just as much if not more a monster than WB.

if you go with the new generation surpassing the old theme then you get the impression that shanks who fought alongside roger and knew what the old levels where, he is definitely allot stronger then.

but we will see

MAX_COLA_POWER!
March 30, 2010, 10:26 PM
More like Magma-Danzo. After getting his face pummeled by a half-a-face Yonkou, when seeing an one-arm one he was like, DONE! Let's remember that he, like almost all power hungry freaks who wanna get their point across, can't get a jolly without making wars.

Nonlife
March 30, 2010, 10:27 PM
Where's Rockstar? Is he on the right side of the group picture, the person nearly cut off?

El-Thor
March 30, 2010, 10:38 PM
Whilst I'm still bitching about stuff:

What happened to angry Akainu? The savage angry unstoppable force of nature got a little bit stopped by a sword and that's all it takes?

WHERE DID ALL THE GOOD ONE PIECE VILLAINS GO?

Doflamingo is seriously my last hope now that Akainu has joined the club of complete cash-outs that Blackbeard wants to become head of and Crocodile founded.

Lucchi would not let this sort of shit slide. I thought Akainu was super-Lucchi =(

Even if Akainu IS a savage... he is an admiral for a reason. He still has some common sense and knows how to follow orders. I'm sure he's aware of the power Shanks and his crew hold and he would be foolish to engage them with MF in this state. I also don't think he's a villain. Just like Lucchi wasn't really a villain.

Now then.. give us more villains like Croc and Enel !

jiminy
March 30, 2010, 10:41 PM
Man, Lucky Roo is so huge now. He eats a lot of meat for sure huh...

http://yohohoho.net/temp/onepiece/lucky_roo-medium.jpg (http://yohohoho.net/temp/onepiece/lucky_roo.jpg)

man, that drum stick must be very chewy. He's been chewing on that thing for more than 10 years. Just one bite has gone missing since then and he's grown so much

ocajavati
March 30, 2010, 10:52 PM
Rockstar not being shown is to be expected.

As Rockstar said himself, he's just a rookie on Red Hair's ship. He was introduced to show what was considered a high bounty at that point in the plot is considered insignificant in the New World.

timzzzzz
March 30, 2010, 10:59 PM
damn... shanks' crew is too badass... he tells people to stop... they stop.

SenninSage
March 30, 2010, 11:00 PM
Damn the Red Hair Pirates look so badass.

Mr. Crocodile
March 30, 2010, 11:10 PM
I think the tall guy with the monkey is the second dude from the right http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/08/

Tayz
March 30, 2010, 11:35 PM
man, that drum stick must be very chewy. He's been chewing on that thing for more than 10 years. Just one bite has gone missing since then and he's grown so much

that guys gotten huge! how does eating chicken help a grown man get taller tho?

El-Thor
March 31, 2010, 12:03 AM
I want to know the story behind Yasopp. He looks so buff and badass !!!

I can't wait till Usopp and him meet.

TonyTonyChopper
March 31, 2010, 12:06 AM
yes, what a badass, Yassopp is sooo serious...

Hancock looks hilarious, wonder what she said to marines

Kittycatmeow
March 31, 2010, 12:18 AM
lol i find it funny how Yasopp look so fucking cool compared to Usopp

Poneglyph420
March 31, 2010, 12:28 AM
Hmm a pretty decent chapter all in all..
I'm however more so happy the arc has concluded than anything else.
Seems like everything got suddenly resolved, but has also left room for growth.

The Akagami crew looks awesome, very excited to see more of them.
Most of all I'm surprised after saying he was gonna take Sengoku and Garp out, BB is just taking off, and the marines are just letting him....

No matter, the war has ended. Gimme my SH crew back.

aionaraP
March 31, 2010, 12:29 AM
omg. ive been lurking here for a long time and i cant believe i would register an account and post something.

there is this one dude here who keeps on trolling, you know who you are i wont mention any names. seriously? what kind of shit are you smoking? the raw chapter is already out and youre still blabbering about your own version of the spoiler. please ffs, stfu! just go smoke your shit and have a beer with your imaginary guy..

back to topic: the only thing im curious about this chapter is lucky roux. hes so huge now i mean hes been eating that chunk of meat for 10 years but before this chapter we saw him during shanks/wb meeting and hes not that huge... so what the hell happened to him?

and also for the lulz....... IM ODA'S STEPBROTHER!!!1ONE! we drink sake all the time and we're even hitting the same girl. roflmao =)))

Poneglyph420
March 31, 2010, 12:31 AM
yes, what a badass, Yassopp is sooo serious...

Hancock looks hilarious, wonder what she said to marines

Hancock says she's taking the ship as a shichibukai and chasing after Luffy...

SenninSage
March 31, 2010, 12:44 AM
Yooo Shanks is so damn powerful that he really ended this friggin war just like that.

Even the marines pointed out that he was supposed to have had a conflict with another Yonkou and seemingly still made it to this war in record time.

Even Mihawk is leaving the scene stating that he agreed to fight WB, but Red Hair is beyond their agreement. That doesn't just further showcase Shank's power, but it also showcases the level of respect that Mihawk has for him. BlackBeard after all of that big talk, is now leaving the scene of this war. Why doesn't he bring all his power to bare and unleash it on Shanks? The World Government, BlackBeard and his crew, they all backed down as a direct result of a single Yonkou and his crew. That's unbelievable.

I also love how much respect Shanks shows towards Luffy, it's amazing.

s4suke uchiha
March 31, 2010, 01:13 AM
Credit to : Uchiha_Itachi_2009 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1864260&postcount=16)

Cerita Chapter 580: Akhir dari Perang

GARP: Si Rambut Merah!!?? Dialah yang mempengaruhi Luffy menjadi bajak laut!
Sengoku: ....!!
Marinir: Ini...Bajak laut Si Rambut Merah!!

Marinir: kemarin, ia dilaporkan sedang bertarung melawan Kaido ... dan dia sudah di sini!!?

Shanks: Buggy!
Buggy: Hm?
Shanks: Berikan itu kepada Luffy!
Buggy: Topi Jerami ini!
Shanks: Aku punya peta harta karun. Akan kuberikan padamu.
Buggy: Sungguh!? Baiklah, tunggu di sana, aku akan memberikan ini padanya!
Lucky: Oi bos ... itu sudah 10 tahun sejak Kau melihat Luffy, Kau sama sekali tidak ingin melihatnya?
Shanks: Ya, Aku ingin ....

Shanks (kilas balik): Aku akan mempercayakan topi ini untukmu

Bepo: Kapten! Aku tahu melihat Yonkou adalah kesempatan langka ... tapi ya sudahlah!
Law: ya ... tunggu, ada sesuatu yang terbang ke sini

Shanks (kilas balik): suatu hari ketika Kau menjadi bajak laut besar ... datang kembalikan ini padaku

Shanks: Namun ... jika aku bertemu dengannya sekarang, aku akan melanggar janji, ya kan, Luffy?

tambahan

Ben: Sialan .... Dia masih ingin untuk bertarung ..!
Kizaru: Yasakani tidak Magatama

Bajak Laut: Sialan, tak kenal lelah sampai akhir!!
bajak laut: Aku berharap dia tidak menyerang ...
bajak laut: Adik Ace !! Jinbei!

bajak laut Heart: Uwaaaaa! dia menyerang..!! Kecepatan penuh!!
Kizaru: ... jika mereka masih hidup setelah ini, maka kita akan hanya perlu menganggap mereka sangat beruntung, dan menyerah ...!

Hancock: Cepat!! kejar kapal selam itu!!
Marine: Bagaimana kita harus mengejar sesuatu di bawah laut!?
aku tidak yakin kalau mereka bisa menghindari serangan-serangan oleh laksamana!!
Hancock: TIIDAAAKK .. Aku yakin dia masih hidup ..!!

Akainu: Sialan kau Rambut Merah ....!!! Kau membiarkan anak Dragon ....!!!
Aokiji: Ice Age!
Lucky: Mereka mengincar Kapal selamnya!! lautnya membeku!!

Bajak Laut Heart: Whoa!!! Eh.. sialan!!

Hancock: Dengarkan!! Laporan ke marinir bahwa aku akan mengejar "Topi Jerami" Luffy sebagai Shichibukai, dan menghabisi dia!!
Marine: y. .. ya!!

Marine: Tapi bagaimana kita akan mengejar ...!!
Hancock: pergi aja!!
Marine: Ya, nyon!! Wow, dia tidak masuk akal tapi begitu indah ...!

Buggy: APA!? Kau berbohong kepada Aku tentang peta harta karun!?
Shanks: Aku harus melakukannya lagi. Sudah lama sekali ya, Buggy.
Buggy: Seharusnya aku yang bilang begitu!! Kau lupa aku punya dendam padamu, Shanks!?
berani sekali kau memanfaatkanku secara gratis begitu saja..!!

Bajak Laut: Apa kalian lihat itu...
Bajak Laut: Ya, aku melihat ...
Bajak Laut: Lihatlah sikap dia terhadap yonkou Si Rambut Merah ...!!
Bajak Lauts: Kapten Buggy ... Kami akan mengikuti mu selama sisa hidup kami!!

Buggy: (Tapi tunggu sebentar ... jika aku tinggal bersamanya, aku bisa pergi dari tempat ini dengan aman!!)

Marco: Rambut Merah ....!!
Shanks: Marco ... tidak ingin membalas serangan. ingin damai saja.

Marine: Mihawk!! mau pergi kemana kau!!
Mihawk: Aku setuju untuk memerangi Whitebeard ... tapi Rambut Merah berada di luar perjanjian kita

Shanks: Bahkan jika Kau ingin melanjutkan ini lebih lanjut ... korban di kedua belah pihak hanya akan bertambah banyak!!
di sini tidak ada orang lagi yang ingin bertarung ....

Shanks: Ayolah ... kami akan membawa mu pada!! [ kurang yakin disini]

Shanks: Jadi ... bagaimana tentang hal itu, Teach ... tidak, "Kurohige"?

Kurohige: Zehahahaha .... nah, aku akan lolos. Aku sudah mendapatkan apa yang Aku inginkan untuk saat ini, terlalu cepat kalau aku bertarung melawan kalian sekarang...!!!
Zehahaha!! ... Anak-anak, mari kita pergi!

msg
March 31, 2010, 01:17 AM
Shanks actually will go all out against the marines if the marines start attacking them and also he wants to go against BB.Its a three way fight if that actually happen.Thank god it's not.Before that he ask them to think before engaging them and fortunately for Sengoku, he is smart enough to ask the marines to stop the war..As for BB, he suddenly not in the mood to fight again:huh...I wonder is he afraid of shanks or that he has that "doesn't care" kind of attitude depending of his mood...and Shank actually apologising to Sengoku.And i see some of the Va's actually wants to continue the war - that damn doberman.Buggy is funny:amuse

There goes my prediction of rayleigh coming lol:amuse

winterwyrm
March 31, 2010, 01:29 AM
argh, what a disappointing ending to a good war, suddenly, everyone just goes home? The marines didn't lose so much as a single shichibukai, much less an admiral. I'm really disappointed at this deus ex, and kind of feel cheated out of at least seeing BB try to fight sengoku, or an explanation of garp's abilities, or anything, though seeing the red hairs rampage would have been the best, a total royal rumble would have been amazing. Sad, I really am disappointed, for the first time ever in this manga.

Vetinari clone
March 31, 2010, 02:10 AM
or an explanation of garp's abilities.

I disagree with the rest of your post to however those things are just opinions so it doesn't really matter but this is something I have to question. Do we need an explanation of Garps abilities? he is ridiculously strong and fast, do I need to go back and post the link to examples of that, plus he can use haki on top of that. Me thinks him vs any of the admirals results in the admiral being crushed like a bug.

I for one am soooo relieved that this ark is over, not that it wasn't epic but, really, it got tiresome.

all I have to say about next chapter is.... Time-skip! Time-skip! Time-skip!

Dark Doc.
March 31, 2010, 02:12 AM
argh, what a disappointing ending to a good war, suddenly, everyone just goes home? The marines didn't lose so much as a single shichibukai, much less an admiral. I'm really disappointed at this deus ex, and kind of feel cheated out of at least seeing BB try to fight sengoku, or an explanation of garp's abilities, or anything, though seeing the red hairs rampage would have been the best, a total royal rumble would have been amazing. Sad, I really am disappointed, for the first time ever in this manga.

It would be kinda unrealistic for everybody to just keep fighting. Everybody (except Shanks + crew) have already been in some serious fights and to take on another Yonkou right after that would be stupid and suicide (especially now the Shichi are going to :p). Although I agree with you that I loved the rumbles in this war, I think it's a great ending to a great arc.

ascalon
March 31, 2010, 02:12 AM
I find it rather suprising how much Oda has changed up the appearance of Shanks's crew members from the beginning of the manga. Yasopp was DEFINITELY not as buff, Roo was nowhere near as big, and all of them are much more imposing. It's a very big change in how he drew the characters.

Duc :D
March 31, 2010, 02:41 AM
the other shown "red-haires" look pretty badass especially the dude with the glasses

Yans86
March 31, 2010, 03:04 AM
Shank's crew........BADASS!!!!what else can we say???I couldn't stop on staring to them....awesome :-D

vagabond87
March 31, 2010, 03:15 AM
So spoilers were true.. :eyeroll
Biggest guy from shanks crew looks to me like blind swordsman(maby not blind but he clearly dont have good eyes) :p
And Kizarus attack was DEVASTATING.. :blink He could use this only on sea because that attack would probably destroy part of the marineford in seconds. Luffy looks like dead man on that table in Laws submarine... Next chapters we will see how he will be saved, some strawhats or time skip

TwEeD
March 31, 2010, 03:20 AM
Ah good, Hancock somehow manages to follow Luffy... Wanna see Trafalgar's face when he knows the real reason why he's chased by a shichibukai heh :D

benjymon
March 31, 2010, 03:25 AM
Cant wait, looks like an awesome chapter. Shanks is pure awesome!

Szaman
March 31, 2010, 03:27 AM
Why the hell is Hellempo wielding his kukris backwards on the cover?
Yes... I know. The least important thing in this chapter has cought my eye.

Duc :D
March 31, 2010, 03:27 AM
hmm was just wondering the guy in the pic with Momonga

wasn't he crushed by WB hands

kangclaw
March 31, 2010, 03:28 AM
After having waited 24 hrs and seeing the spoiler pics, I have to say its not too bad an ending. The pictures look great especially Shanks crew. Did BB and Akainu and the marines just loose their blood lust?

I don't know how it will happen, but I think that Luffy and may somehow end up or go to Holyland Marijoa; I am calling it the Slave/Vegapunk arc. The reason I think that is because Luffy met the Tenryubito in Shabondy and there was also another reason that Luffy went to the Kuja pirates; Boa Hancock is also connected to Marijoa because of her past. I think the next arc may be when we see Luffy getting involved with the injustices in Marijoa and learn a lot about DFs from Vegapunk also where Luffy may gain another power up?

deffkryz
March 31, 2010, 03:39 AM
Hm, something funny in OP spoiler/chapter discussions - you don't have to be a "fanboy" to see this... :amuse

Last week: "Oh NO! Shanks has cameo-appeared... Now Oda is gonna drag the arc endlessly... Crap!"

This week: "Oh NO! Oda actually stopped the war! Deus Ex! Crap!" (my comment: What a surprise! Oda actually stopped the war after he made Shanks say that he is going to stop the war!)

Minna! (Wooooo, Japanese, I'm so cool!) Hang on and keep reading OP illegally for free, but please quit your whining. :eyeroll

Anyone of you heard of stopping a fight by simply threatening the opponents with his own strength? *sigh*

So, back to the chapter... Now I've got the last pieces of my long-term prediction puzzle concerning some Marine characters... So this may IMHO happen within the same time Luffy needs to regather his nakama plus to travel onto Gyojin Island. :)

Akainu will become the new Fleet Admiral, with Kizaru's help - Even if the Marines won the war by killing Ace and Whitebeard, Sengoku failed to capture Luffy and to go up against Blackbeard and Shanks, so he showed a weakness in following the "true justice". Up with the Tenryuubito incident back on Sabaody, to that Sengoku did not want to send an admiral, this may sum up to.
Garp will be decommissioned out of ignorance and only because his family... Dragon the Revolutionary, Luffy the Rookie that is able to draw even Shichibukai on his side and make them fight for his cause. His parentage over Ace will stay a secret.
With Garp leaving, Coby and Helmeppo are going to "team up" with Tashigi who may get her first own command and is going to be promoted (Shōi -> Chūi). Bogart may become Aokiji's apprentice.
Smoker's going to be promoted, probably from Junshō onto Shōshō rank. He won't make it into the Chūjō ranks (not before Akainu's Fleet Admiral and he's acknowledging his hunt for Luffy).

Oh, and BTW... I think Rockstar is the one behind Yasopp, with the stars on his robe. I think I should spend some time at a oculist, shouldn't I?

Cedde
March 31, 2010, 03:56 AM
Luffy have in all his battles taken damage, yet never havee they left scar's on his body. but this time, the damage is not only inside his body, the out side look's pretty bad without a chest(akainu said, "abit more and i would had gotten his hearth" , good to say most of his chest is gone).
Who else then me thinks Luffy, for the first time, will get a scar?

Gats
March 31, 2010, 04:24 AM
Just see the pictures.
Shanks crew is really a band of badass ! Even Ussop's father !
Shanks is really dominating everyone here, it's like a fight between children in playground stopped by the school's supervisor (I don't know what's the right word). :D

WickedNeko
March 31, 2010, 04:30 AM
So, now that war is over... the biggest winners and loser were:

Winners:
1st Place: Buggy (got out of jail, got a powerful crew with members stronger than him)

2nd Place: BB (he got new members, gura gura power, and reputation for killing WB)

3rd Place: Marines (they killed a Yonkou and ended Roger's bloodline)

Honorable Mention: ID inmates, including Crocs (got out of jail), Coby (gained mantra?)

Losers:
1st Place: WB Pirates (lost WB, Ace, ships)

2nd Place: Marines (Marine Ford destroyed, massive riot / jailbreak at ID)

3rd Place: Luffy (lost Ace, heavily injured)

Honorable Mention: Coby (Akainu is pissed at him)

I wonder what's going to happen to Crocs and former BW members. I can see WB pirates trying to regroup. marines rebuilding MF, Luffy recovering, etc etc... but I can't see where Crocs is going from this point. Recreate BW and return to pirating? Try to gain One Piece? Go back to the old plan and try to find ancient weapon Pluto?

LeDuck
March 31, 2010, 04:36 AM
I find it rather suprising how much Oda has changed up the appearance of Shanks's crew members from the beginning of the manga. Yasopp was DEFINITELY not as buff, Roo was nowhere near as big, and all of them are much more imposing. It's a very big change in how he drew the characters.

Well there was a 10 year time skip and One Piece has been running for over 10 years now. It would be more surprising if nothing had changed, lol.
Though Oda tends to draw Characters bigger to make more of an Impact.
For example Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/550/08-09/)

dsr
March 31, 2010, 04:55 AM
I think that Marco, Jozu, Vista and the other captains of the WB crew will have a meeting with the fodder and tell them that it had been fun, but daddy is gone, so everyone should go home, and make themselves a new proper family.

Then once the fodder is gone, the 8-15 remaining captain guys will set sail for a suicide mission against Blackbeard.
I see this one as the only epic and whitebeardey way to disband the crew.
Having the crew split and merged with other existing crews would be the lamest way to end the biggest and strongest pirate crew of the world.

gesgift
March 31, 2010, 05:02 AM
Well there was a 10 year time skip and One Piece has been running for over 10 years now. It would be more surprising if nothing had changed, lol.
Though Oda tends to draw Characters bigger to make more of an Impact.
For example Here (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/550/08-09/)

I agree, it's just a way to draw their awesomeness! Ans Awesome is what they are!

beastboy
March 31, 2010, 05:08 AM
Everybody is babbling about the marines retreating, haven't you read the speech Coby speeched last weak??
The marines already accomplished their objective, any further fight is just meaningless fight, how would the marines who die in that period feel... they would feel like weaklings who lost when the war was already won...

And you think the marines are in perfect state??
No they lost lot of numbers, and there aren't weaklings in this war (except the subordinates who accompanied there captain), every single person in this war has an important role somewhere in the world, somewhere, where they protect villages from pirates, how would that villages be, if more of them died...

@kiddin a little

OMFG, the marines retreated because they felt the power of GROUP PICS...
Group Pics are like the Genki Dama from this war...
Everybody goes all out screaming "Group Pic run for your lifes"

stoz500
March 31, 2010, 05:13 AM
It would be kinda unrealistic for everybody to just keep fighting. Everybody (except Shanks + crew) have already been in some serious fights and to take on another Yonkou right after that would be stupid and suicide (especially now the Shichi are going to :p). Although I agree with you that I loved the rumbles in this war, I think it's a great ending to a great arc.

I totally agree with you. This has been an amazing arc that has shed a lot of light on many of the characters we have briefly met previously or are important in this world and to Luffy's story and has also introduced many new characters that will I'm sure play a part in the future story. I can't believe there are readers who say that nothing much has happened. Just think about it. Oda has never revealed so much in one arc or made such major impacts on the story as it was and where it can possibly go. Here is a reminder of some stuff that happened:

the truth about Ace and Luffy's relationship
Aikunu and his power are revealed
Gol D Roger's relationship to Garp is highlighted and the deal they made to save ace revealed
Whitebeard's power and the fear and respect people showed him and why his crew and allies called him pops is shown.
we were introduced to all of Whitebeard's commanders and something of what they can do.
we were introduced to a bunch of New World pirates
We found out about Marco's and Jaws's powers
We found out Sengokou's power
That Tashigi, Coby and Smoker (and probably many other marine) question absolute justice
Found out Blackbeard's plan to shake the world and some of his motivations
We were introduced to Blackbeard's new crew
Blackbeards absorption of Whitebeards power (and maybe others in the future)
Law's urge to help Luffy foreshadows some future connection
Luffy revealed his king's Haki to the world making him a bigger target to the WG
The power of the Yonku and the respect that the WG reluctantly gives them was made clear.
Shank's ability to influence huge world events (and his general awsomeness)
We had a brief first look at more of the other Redhair pirates crew
We experienced the death of Ace and Whitebeard which will have huge implications on Luffy and the new era
We saw the growth of Buggy's new (undesreved fame) and crew
We witnessed the near destruction of Marineford
We saw the potential gaining of new allies and enemies for Luffy in the New world
We gained more information on Luffy's, Aces's, Garps, Rogers and Whitebeards past
we got another hint about the meaning of D
We witnessed a war that saw end of the old era and ushered in the new era

All this with battles, great character development and exciting storytelling. Please lets not hear anymore whining about how long or slow this arc was and how nothing happened. By the way I miss the strawhats too.

kanmati
March 31, 2010, 05:20 AM
we can see from shank crew here:

the one who said"calm down luffy"(hes the only bald); now with monkey.
yassop
lucky
the one who said "the sea is vast..."(pretty obvious with his hair style)

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/08/

the one with black glasses(with black scalp):

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/09/

dragon tatoo at the back of lucky roo(bigger and structure of his face is the same): http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/33/

unknown: Look alike lion.

Vetinari clone
March 31, 2010, 06:03 AM
Luffy have in all his battles taken damage, yet never havee they left scar's on his body. but this time, the damage is not only inside his body, the out side look's pretty bad without a chest(akainu said, "abit more and i would had gotten his hearth" , good to say most of his chest is gone).
Who else then me thinks Luffy, for the first time, will get a scar?

Nah he won't get a scar, I think it has something to do with his DF ability, he seems to be able to recover from wounds and manipulate his body in strange ways (more strange than just stretching). Look at the ID arc for the best example, although there are others throughout the manga. That scar under his eye I think he did that to himself before he ate the fruit, although I will have to check.

edit: just reread it and yup he got it before he ate the fruit, also I have just realised that Makino is by far the cutest female in all of OP

benjymon
March 31, 2010, 06:33 AM
Im hoping marco and co dissappear for a while. Stay low.

They had no goal anyway besides being a family.

Hopefully they then appear again for a major ending battle to assist luffy.

TonyTonyChopper
March 31, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hahaha.. Hancock is very clever in exploitizing marines, now, she can protect her island as Shicibukai and at the same time she can follow Luffy

hy4k
March 31, 2010, 06:50 AM
i told you mihawk wouldn't touch shanks and hancock would be out

she's went after luffy so they're down two

msg
March 31, 2010, 06:57 AM
character identification of red hair pirates

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/817/identityh.th.jpg (http://img192.imageshack.us/i/identityh.jpg/)

OunknownO
March 31, 2010, 07:23 AM
I hope macro and commanders join's with shanks

Moogle Mango
March 31, 2010, 07:23 AM
Shanks is awesome. He even garners the respect from Sengoku, but Garp has a grudge against him.

Dark Doc.
March 31, 2010, 07:24 AM
Is it just me or do the dude with the monkey and the one with the dragon tattoo remember you of Doma and Squad?? :P

deffkryz
March 31, 2010, 07:33 AM
Is it just me or do the dude with the monkey and the one with the dragon tattoo remember you of Doma and Squad?? :P

That monkey reminds me on "Monster"... that little monkey back in chapter 1 who's name was revealed in One Piece Blue... here at the lower right (http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/10969/18)

chess4
March 31, 2010, 07:35 AM
best shot in the entire arc...........shanks and his boys look like monsters standing there.

the most interesting think about this arc is sengoku and shanks. do they have some type of past history.

for all that big talk blackbeard did not want it the redhairs.
[hr]

I hope macro and commanders join's with shanks

i doubt it very much. they may not have WB or ace, but they still have a very strong crew. i dont think they would disrespect WB like that. i think they will continue to sail under his flag.

im still amazed that the WG side did not lose anyone significant

deffkryz
March 31, 2010, 07:43 AM
i doubt it very much. they may not have WB or ace, but they still have a very strong crew. i dont think they would disrespect WB like that. i think they will continue to sail under his flag.

Well, I think every one of WB's commanders should be strong enough to have their own pirate crew. I can't see Marco giving Jozu any orders. The WB pirates are going at least to split in two parts.

bittman
March 31, 2010, 07:59 AM
Well speaking of mr Diamond, it's quite possible he'll flat out retire. I'd know that if I just lost my "father", an arm and memory of all the important bits of the war, I'd be seriously considering retirement.

Oda will definitely keep him somewhere handy though. Without Joz we'll never get to see Zoro cut through Diamond.

chess4
March 31, 2010, 08:04 AM
Well, I think every one of WB's commanders should be strong enough to have their own pirate crew. I can't see Marco giving Jozu any orders. The WB pirates are going at least to split in two parts.

marco gave vista an order. lets not forget marco is the 1st commander. i think shanks speaking with him is a bit of foreshadowing on oda's part. WB would not want them to split up. marco is definitely going to lead them
[hr]

Well speaking of mr Diamond, it's quite possible he'll flat out retire. I'd know that if I just lost my "father", an arm and memory of all the important bits of the war, I'd be seriously considering retirement.

Oda will definitely keep him somewhere handy though. Without Joz we'll never get to see Zoro cut through Diamond.

i think the strahats and the WB pirates will be allies from here on out. jozu is a thug and very stong. the only reaoson aokiji froze him is cause he got distracted by WB coughing up blood

elitefox
March 31, 2010, 08:09 AM
damn shanks is so awesome

that even the overconfident BB did not even give a second thought of fighting him lol

I hope we'll see san juan transform, iii eee iii ooo iii uuu :D

frontaLobotomy
March 31, 2010, 08:13 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but either I'm going blind, or Rockstar wasn't in that group shot of the Red Haired Pirates? I saw some random new dudes they have, but no sign of that guy. How odd..
I wonder why Sengoku appeared to show some level of respect toward Shanks. Was there some sort of history between them, or did he just weigh up the variables and call it quits?

bittman
March 31, 2010, 08:15 AM
marco gave vista an order. lets not forget marco is the 1st commander. i think shanks speaking with him is a bit of foreshadowing on oda's part. WB would not want them to split up. marco is definitely going to lead them
<hr noshade size="1">

i think the strahats and the WB pirates will be allies from here on out. jozu is a thug and very stong. the only reaoson aokiji froze him is cause he got distracted by WB coughing up blood

I do think Marco is a likely candadite for "lead", but it might do a take on the Sunny pirates and largely disband now the real head is gone.

And if all it takes is 2 seconds of distraction to lose a battle, then what you're missing is the volumes of subtext about Aokoji that are involved there. If you get a bit distracted against Kizaru, you get some lasers which you can treat. But if you get distracted against Aokoji, you get frozen and basically OHKO'ed after that.

If Jozu lost to Aokoji ONLY because he was distracted for only a moment, then Aokoji is a beast, not the other way around.

EDIT: And the last line of Sengoku to Shanks is the only thing I found intriguing in this chapter. I can (almost, not really but for argument's sake) understand Sengoku halting the war because the RH pirates arrived, but I can see absolutely no reason for Sengoku to so easily hand over the two bodies just because he was threatened.

If that's all it took why doesn't Shanks ask Sengoku to stab himself? Or leave marineford to him? Or provide him with 15 tenryuubito head's on sticks and their wives in his bedroom?

There's gotta be more history to it than that. I'm hoping for an epic Shanks betrayal in 248 chapters time. See you then!

nfinitfx
March 31, 2010, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but either I'm going blind, or Rockstar wasn't in that group shot of the Red Haired Pirates? I saw some random new dudes they have, but no sign of that guy. How odd..
I wonder why Sengoku appeared to show some level of respect toward Shanks. Was there some sort of history between them, or did he just weigh up the variables and call it quits?

Rockstar is just a rookie/newbie in their group. So he really should not appear in that group shot. It's prob in the ship running errands.

Both blackbeard/sengoku know how strong Shanks crew is, so he call it quit.

Now the snake princess will join luffy's crew for sure.

Schabrak
March 31, 2010, 08:50 AM
EDIT: And the last line of Sengoku to Shanks is the only thing I found intriguing in this chapter. I can (almost, not really but for argument's sake) understand Sengoku halting the war because the RH pirates arrived, but I can see absolutely no reason for Sengoku to so easily hand over the two bodies just because he was threatened.

If that's all it took why doesn't Shanks ask Sengoku to stab himself? Or leave marineford to him? Or provide him with 15 tenryuubito head's on sticks and their wives in his bedroom?

There's gotta be more history to it than that. I'm hoping for an epic Shanks betrayal in 248 chapters time. See you then!
Take a http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4145/chillpill.jpg

Their deaths and dead bodies were broadcasted to the world, so what their worth now to the Marines, besides being subjects for experiments. It's the best bargain Sengoku could get right now, trading two bio masses instead for hundreds if not thousands of dead marines, maybe the death of admirals. It's just a strategical decision by the head of the marines to rescue as much as he can, without losing face in a confrontation with the RedHair bandits, who would undoubtly lead to the final destruction of MarineFord.

Shanks crew is finally resembling some mean mfing pirats.XD, not like those ugly BB bastards haha Just look at Lucky Ruu and how much he has grown in size and width. He probably eats some pirates for breakfast. Doesn't seem like he has the same no-fat gene like Luffy.

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 31, 2010, 08:56 AM
the coolest stand in one piece i mean having a crew like that is just so encouraging and no body wants to fight shanks that was epic and tells more about his Biography .
so the war has ended finally we are gonna have a break so is oda which bad for us though it should be promising he better come up with something good .
here is my prediction boa takes luffy with her back to womens island where he after a while will start collecting information about his haki and some lame love moments should be expected as well .

its probable that shanks has a reputation to some extent it seems like the marines actually fear him i dont know why it could be due to his prior involvement with roger .

urlaub
March 31, 2010, 09:26 AM
So Lucky Roo has grown up.

And Shanks and Sengoku having the respect relation. A lot of speculation room here I think, which already hightens the sensitivity of the 'facts fraction' here in MH.
Shanks's force and will is a case of wet pants and astonish and admiration/respect.

Did Oda develop here the past characters for the combo shot or added some new ones?
And what is the correct sentence of Beckman and what was the tone?

And 'Boa joining SH haters' here. I got only one thing to say_our pro-Boa fraction has still maintained some life signs. Take that bitches.

gh0un
March 31, 2010, 09:33 AM
Isnt this chapter utter crap?

Its supposed to be war, instead we have the fleet admiral allowing the pirates to leave, even him talking kindly to shanks and allowing him to take the two corpses with him.

Disappointed...

Schabrak
March 31, 2010, 09:46 AM
Your argument is utter crap. The main goal of the war has been achieved and Shanks created a stalemate so the remaining forces can escape. War does not mean to kill the whole enemie forces, it's to win the battle. What kind of view of the marines do you have? Idiotic nazis who will try to anhilate their enemy forces, even if they know, that it would only destroy themself. And it's not like they talk kindly, they are just talking normal, not shouting like some incompetent idiots would do.

THM Nindo
March 31, 2010, 09:53 AM
Nice chapter!!
And it seems that this arc is really going toward the end.

My guess is that there might be 1 more chapter, but after that, we will jump a few days/weeks, to when Luffy wakes up, and into the new arc.

Hopefully the next arc won't be "Get the whole crew back", and they will already have found their way back to Rayleigh...
Otherwise, we're good for another year of manga, before they actually go the Fisherman Island and to the New World. :s

falco_dergento
March 31, 2010, 09:57 AM
now it's really hard to predict the next chapter.. anything can happen. I somehow don't want to expect to much on the next chapter. it probably will only about WB and Ace funeral, luffy treatment, and some characters expression about the war.. But you never know what Oda will pull off, hopefully we will see an interesting development (other SHs? Haki explanation? BB two DF explanation?)

hy4k
March 31, 2010, 09:58 AM
just to recap

-mihawk wont fight shanks
-akainu is too scared to say anything to shanks
-kizaru pretended put his hands up rather than take a shot from beckman
-blackbeard would rather go home than face shanks (even though he was going to take on garp/sengoku and destroy marineford)
-sengoku would rather give and AND let shanks have the bodies of ace/whitebeard than fight him
-marco does what he say

most badass character in one piece by far. damn

beastboy
March 31, 2010, 10:05 AM
Just a thing:
For all the fuckin people who say that black beard is stronger than shanks... here you have he is running away...

And Kizaru pretended to putt is hands up, but then, he crossed them, and fired beams at the submarine.

Sengoku was thinking about the almoast death soldiers who would die without treatment..

About the corpses... I think Sengoku and Shanks have some connection somewhere in the past:
Sengoku gave shanks is hat!

hy4k
March 31, 2010, 10:37 AM

Its supposed to be war, instead we have the fleet admiral allowing the pirates to leave, even him talking kindly to shanks and allowing him to take the two corpses with him.

Disappointed...

why are you dissapointed? sengoku is supposed too be a master tactician

could you tell me the logic in taking on the red hairs on top of blackbeard and the wb pirates?

dsr
March 31, 2010, 10:39 AM

Disappointed...

Please go back to read Bleach, where things happen without a reason or a build up, where people has always an ace in the ass, where fights are endless without reasons and when someone unexpected arrives , it's only to make the brawl more chaotic and senseless.

You didn't have even noticed how much any character has grown.
Even Buggy has grown a lot, he didn't even want to give Luffy and Jinbei to T.Law, even if he was stalked by Kizaru's laser beams, and the same Croc covered the flight of Jinbei two chapters ago.

urlaub
March 31, 2010, 10:52 AM
I mean, utter crap is a little too much. You may call it subjectively dissapointing, because of your bleach-standards. Nothing more. But do not think for a second that bleach-standards are absolute:) Nonetheless you can always ask why did the war end like this? And you will get several passionate answers from the addicted here, who will silence you.

senewe
March 31, 2010, 10:58 AM
why would they need 2 sniper in the crew??. I mean "main'' crew

beastboy
March 31, 2010, 11:05 AM
Cause she shanks crew is standart pirate crew, where pirates use guns or swords, and can swim :)