PDA

View Full Version : Review Chopper's Ten Comments~ One Piece 434

Garaku
November 13, 2006, 01:51 AM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8504/introqa9.png
…Don’t give me that look it’s true!

Sorry for the delay but I got caught on the Road of Life!
*Gets bombarded by Kakashi fans*

*Cough* Um… Ya that’s my amazing intro speech….
What? You were expecting pie or something? LET THE COMMENTS BEGIN! :darn
(Thanks to Cez and Kokotas for the awsome scans)

[b]~~Chopper's Ten Comments~~
One Piece Chapter 434: White Beard and Red Hair

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4784/1tl6.png
Shoot first, Ask Questions later

1. Space Pirates?
Well Enel definitely didn’t waste time making a flashy introduction. Hope the poor munchkin alien survived (Which it probably will)…

We still can’t tell what kind of species the thing is, but at least we know it’s alive from it’s speech bubble reaction. On note of the speech bubble, it seems that Oda has decided to throw a skull into the form of an exclamation mark. Be this to describe E.T.’s pain or its pirating career… we’ll find out soon enough.

Obviously I’m going with the space pirate theory!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/221/2ho6.png
Let the Bodies hit the floor!

2. A Spirit Without Limits.
Again Oda brings us all closer to the realm of the supernatural. If the Merry Go’s speech wasn’t enough evidence for you that the supernatural exists, Shanks' spiritual energy should convince you to the edge of your seats! To knock surrounding people out just by walking near them, that is definitely incredible.

Come to think of it, Whitebeard does criticize Shanks for bringing so much spirit… does this mean Shanks can decide how much energy he’s emitting? Either way the people and bandits back at Luffy’s hometown seemed fine, so I’d assume so. That or Shanks has gotten a lot stronger than before.

A strong resolution is needed to stand beside him huh? Hmm… I suppose this could also mean those with a strong will or dream heh. In short to match a strong spirit, you need a strong spirit!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1121/3xp2.png
Get Drunk and Talk!

3. More Surprises Revealed
West Blue and an apprentice on Gold Rodger’s ship…. Shanks is sharply rising on the coolness meter! Remember that way back that of the four seas surrounding the Grand Line, West Blue is suppose to be the toughest of them all. With all this information, Shanks’ strength is now totally understandable.

But then there’s the issue of Buggy… Yes I’m talking about the same annoying clown that got sent flying by Luffy right at the beginning. Buggy has shown that he could be quite dangerous, being the only villain to actually almost succeed in taking Luffy’s head (literally). The only problem I see with Buggy, and the reason for his low bounty, is his bad luck and lack of common sense. How many times can we note that the clown has unknowingly traveled to the wrong island, and allowed some stranger to come aboard into his crew. Heck if he wasn’t so gullible I think Buggy would actually be able to accomplish something someday!

On a side note, Whitebeard sure likes to drink alot... remember kids drinking is bad for you!... unless your a giant with a huge white mustache growing out of your nose!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7201/4xg9.png
So cool!!!

4. A New Era?
Well everyone kept wondering why Shanks would lose an arm to a lousy sea king if he was supposedly so strong. The answer is revealed, he bet it… to a “New Era!” That and his nakama was in danger.

Shanks makes a good point here, your nakama and friends will always help carry your dreams, so protecting them is part of your life job! With these words, Shanks has officially passed his blessing to Luffy in hopes that the kid will truly make a name for himself as “Pirate King!”

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/8819/5agj4.png
Well Dang!

5. BLACKBEARD???
Well the gluttonous giant has just risen to a whole new level in my book. To be able to harm Shanks like that, and in a serious fight too! Dang that’s just crazy! And with Ace chasing down the maniac…. Things are really getting dark!

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7/5bxu1.png
The Will of D.

And now even more the Will of D. is emphasized. With Blackbeard’s will, and his supposed strength… his danger levels are through the roof!
As a theory for his fighting style, Blackbeard seems to be the definition of a “real pirate.” In other words, he’ll use anything around him as a weapon. Ah great… I just made myself afraid of the bugger….

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5661/6gh8.png
I agree! Please!

6. SAVE ACE
You’ve read my mind Shanks… with Blackbeard’s will and abilities, I fear for Ace’s health! Oh but wait, Ace also has the Will of D. on his side! That’s a bit of comfort.
But still it’s dangerous… OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD STOP HIM WHITEBEARD!!!!

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8438/7zh1.png
Denied!

7. Whitebeard’s Anger Revealed
Alright, when I first saw this picture I felt like running out of the room. That face just shows how determined Whitebeard is on killing that son of a *****! And I suppose I have to agree with him. Killing is already way wrong by itself, but to kill your nakama? That just crosses way over the line!

With this in mind… BEAT HIM UP ACE!!!! :xp

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6992/8qv9.png
It’s a mini-war!

8. And then the Heaven’s Split at the news of the Rampaging Era!
Is this Rampaging Era really to be feared? Shanks and Whitebeards have real different answers for that question. But then he is the “Whitebeard” after all. Either way a sparring match has somehow emerged, with sword vs. spear. My question is… Where did that spear come from in the first place? I didn’t see it in previous panels, and now WHAM it just pops out… maybe the inner-dwellings of Whitebeard’s pants? :blink

Not to mention the results of a single attack… to make the heaven’s split with such ease! These two definitely deserve their titles, which reminds me of Blackbeard… I’m now afraid of him again… :sweatdrop

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4510/9hs9.png
Subtle… very subtle…

9. Violent aren’t they?
And thus another village has fallen to the surprisingly small Blackbeard Pirate Crew. Needless to say, these guys are vicious! They don’t seem to give any mercy whatsoever. I suppose this is what a real pirate is like. Really surprised that these guys till aren't noted by the World Government.
The more and more I see of these guys from now on… the more and more I start to despise them… poor grampa down there….

At least they had the decency to keep some buildings standing. :notrust

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6604/10cy3.png
*Que Squealing Fan-Girls and Chopper*

10. ACE
And Oda just had to do it… Ace has finally caught up with the traitorous @#$! This will be quite a fight. I swear if Blackbeard does beat Ace… I am going to find a way to make new angry faces just for him! Portgas Vs. Marshall, D. Vs. D. A fight to look forward to, well the results anyhow as Oda may or may not show the fight at all!

Also what happened to Buggyand his gang? Wasn’t Ace with them? Darn Smelly Clown, if you have any worth come and make sure Ace lives DANGIT!

Rating: With all the excitement and blood that this chapter has pumped into my body, this chapter really deserves a
5 out of 5 bentos…

ACE FOREVER!!!!

Be sure to chek out White Silver's Commentaries too! Click ME! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10722.0)

white silver
November 13, 2006, 05:40 AM
1. Space Pirates?
Well Enel definitely didn’t waste time making a flashy introduction. Hope the poor munchkin alien survived (Which it probably will)…

We still can’t tell what kind of species the thing is, but at least we know it’s alive from it’s speech bubble reaction. On note of the speech bubble, it seems that Oda has decided to throw a skull into the form of an exclamation mark. Be this to describe E.T.’s pain or its pirating career… we’ll find out soon enough.

Obviously I’m going with the space pirate theory!

[font=verdana][size=1]Nice thought on the "Exclamation Mark" point-of-view, I really didn't see it that way. But thanks to you, well, I'll keep my eyes out for stuff like that. Good job!

[b]2. A Spirit Without Limits.

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Good point there. Luffy and Zoro are type of guys who can "meet" that requirement of resolution, I mean, they would go from freezing cold to burning hot just to reach their goals.

[b]3. More Surprises Revealed

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Wow I TOTALLY forgot about that. West Blue is the strongest of all the 4 blue seas. Well, it's nice to hear Shanks being in some sort of relation to the ex-Pirate King himself. Strange how Buggy is his mate, but then again, the strength between them is enormous.

[b]4. A New Era?

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]My spines are tingling out of those words. It's just like expecting a small seed about to sprout into one gigantic oak tree. It would be so satisfying to see Luffy on top!

[b]5. BLACKBEARD???

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]That's not why I'm really worried, the fact is that he recieved that scar BEFORE he lost his arm. Surely he's a bit stronger, but that handicap is still too much, especially when facing WhiteBeard. Oh gosh, I wonder what Background story Blackbeard has? And since, Blackbeard is probably the most "notorious" pirate in real life, I think Oda has to make some sort of an equivalent in his manga.

[b]6. SAVE ACE

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Not so comforting after hearing all that. For months I've been desperately hoping for an Ace battle (seeing how he is superior to Luffy), but now that is about to end for I fear the worst may come upon him.

[b]7. Whitebeard’s Anger Revealed

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I'd never thought Whitebeard would go to the extremes to show his anger and his sentiments for his crewmates. Maybe he cries at "tragic love stories" too!

[b]8. And then the Heaven’s Split at the news of the Rampaging Era!

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Dear this one really takes fighting to a WHOLE new level. Shanks was THAT good, then what was the Gold D. Roger and Whitebeard's battle like?

[b]9. Violent aren’t they?

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Surprisingly small you say???? I say that's a surprisingly big army he's got there. I'd bet each one of his Nakama are over the 100 million benchmark! Blackbeard himself is to be feared, but then there's this wrestler guy, a super dangerous sniper, the grim reaper and that Marylin Mansion look alike!

[b]10. ACE

[font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Nope, I'm pretty sure Oda is going to show us this fight, he's kept us to long for the Enies Lobby arc and if he wants to keep up with this pace of the manga, he must! Go go Ace!

[b][color=red]Rating: With all the excitement and blood that this chapter has pumped into my body, this chapter really deserves a
5 out of 5 bentos…

ACE FOREVER!!!!

Be sure to chek out White Silver's Commentaries too! Click ME! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10722.0)

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Couldn't have said it better myself, thanks for the link! Power to us OP commentators for the next chapter!

weixiaobao
November 13, 2006, 06:11 PM
I will be trill if Buggy does show up to help out Ace!!!
Well, nice comments, keep it up!
And, I like the Black Beard character, (I know people will hate me) but I cheering on for Black Beard. He seem not evil but ambitious. Black Beard go out there and kick Ace's butt. (The last sentences was type just to see how you guys will response.)

And I want to see more of Garp.

goofy_man
November 13, 2006, 09:06 PM
"Ace, Buggy, Cabaji, Mohoji/Richie, and Alvida vs. the Blackbeard pirates.....Oh Shi--"

That would be an excellent fight....here's my breakdown:

Ace for sure would take on Blackbeard, Mohoji might take on Mr. Ilooksickbutcankickyourass Doctor, given they both have animal partners.....Cabaji would either taken on the Mexican Wrestler or Marylin Manson's illegitimate child, leaving Alvida to take on the other....finally, its Buggy vs. Super Sniper....
Now, should Blackbeard & co. win this fight, their strength will be feared....mainly because they beat up 3 Devil's Fruit users (Ace, Alvida and Buggy)--which, ironically, is the same number the Straw Hats have currently....

Random thought: Anyone else think Oda took Crocodile's character model, slimmed it down, aged it a bit, then slapped that behemoth of a 'stache on the model to make Whitebeard?

Dark Zeza
November 14, 2006, 09:19 AM
2. A Spirit Without Limits.
Again Oda brings us all closer to the realm of the supernatural. If the Merry Go’s speech wasn’t enough evidence for you that the supernatural exists, Shanks' spiritual energy should convince you to the edge of your seats! To knock surrounding people out just by walking near them, that is definitely incredible.

Come to think of it, Whitebeard does criticize Shanks for bringing so much spirit… does this mean Shanks can decide how much energy he’s emitting? Either way the people and bandits back at Luffy’s hometown seemed fine, so I’d assume so. That or Shanks has gotten a lot stronger than before.

A strong resolution is needed to stand beside him huh? Hmm… I suppose this could also mean those with a strong will or dream heh. In short to match a strong spirit, you need a strong spirit!

I think Shanks can turn on and off his spirit, or killing intent. He said that he had to make some threat cuz it is enemy's ship. So it wont affect his frends, or his crew.

3. More Surprises Revealed
West Blue and an apprentice on Gold Rodger’s ship…. Shanks is sharply rising on the coolness meter! Remember that way back that of the four seas surrounding the Grand Line, West Blue is suppose to be the toughest of them all. With all this information, Shanks’ strength is now totally understandable.

I forgot about that, I can only remember that East blue is the weakest sea, but cant remember that West blue is strongest. I really like the fact that Shanks is on Roger's ship. So this also show us that the crew of Roger is large in numbers not the same as Luffy's crew.

7. Whitebeard’s Anger Revealed
Alright, when I first saw this picture I felt like running out of the room. That face just shows how determined Whitebeard is on killing that son of a *****! And I suppose I have to agree with him. Killing is already way wrong by itself, but to kill your nakama? That just crosses way over the line!

I like the fact how he cares about his crewmate, even love them as his own kids. Think about it if his children fight and kill each other, the parents will feel really sad.

10. ACE
And Oda just had to do it… Ace has finally caught up with the traitorous @#$! This will be quite a fight. I swear if Blackbeard does beat Ace… I am going to find a way to make new angry faces just for him! Portgas Vs. Marshall, D. Vs. D. A fight to look forward to, well the results anyhow as Oda may or may not show the fight at all!

Also what happened to Buggyand his gang? Wasn’t Ace with them? Darn Smelly Clown, if you have any worth come and make sure Ace lives DANGIT!

I really hope we can see this fight, and if possible Buggy will join the fight. :darn

venicia777
November 16, 2006, 12:25 AM
incredible. Now i am glad i checked this section today. You guys are doing a great job- taking over from GK.

i will post more comments later.

white silver
November 16, 2006, 02:43 AM
incredible. Now i am glad i checked this section today. You guys are doing a great job- taking over from GK.

i will post more comments later.

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Gee thanks!