PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Vol. 22 (chap. 179-187) Discussions

Pages : [1] 2 3

ghostexiled
March 28, 2010, 01:04 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/179/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/179-98/1

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.~Ghost

wooticus
April 04, 2010, 12:45 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/179-98/1 here we go.

the end is awesome, but i won't spoil you. i already can not wait for next weeks chapter..

halfcrzy
April 04, 2010, 12:51 PM
Ohhh had an fangasm. that was EPIC! i've been waiting for a build up like this to happen.
Also noticed that it seems just dragon slayers cant use magic. I at first wanted to account for this new developement due to mistgun, but as we have seen with Lucy that she was able to use magic on her own... So dragonslayers need a rarecandy to level up

Raijatsu
April 04, 2010, 12:58 PM
Code EDT!!! Thats so awesome and the ending page was epic :D :D
So we'll finally see a rebellion against shagotte, it is likely the exceed are at least partly responsible for the magic shortage of Edolas, plus the mystery while Wendy and Natsu cant use magic in Edolas deepens for me...

Kravmaga
April 04, 2010, 01:01 PM
So many things going on but the ending pretty much one-up'd all chapters up to now. I predict FT's strongest team resurrected in a chapter or two within a three way brawl edoras vs FT vs extalia! And the next chapter's title?!? The next chapter might very well go down in history as the most anticipated and overblown over-expectations of the decade. The coolmeter's indicating five hundred thousands megafonzies!
Mashima pulls this one off, he's in my hall of fame.

Unlucky Boy
April 04, 2010, 01:14 PM
So they really are starting a war with the Exceed. I think this is the first time I guessed right what's going to happen.

So, how do you think they got out of the crystal and how can they use magic?

wooticus
April 04, 2010, 01:22 PM
my guess: mystogan freed them
my question: where the others freed, too? mostly mira, makarov and gildartz!! where is gazille?!

Sacto0562
April 04, 2010, 01:22 PM
But alas, in typical shounen manga fashion, the fight will last through three chapters. :rolleyes:

Skrymir
April 04, 2010, 01:34 PM
^Unless one side choses to retreat.

soulbane_zp
April 04, 2010, 01:39 PM
Nice chapter. The king started a war against the queen, that's a nice development and it will make things more interesting. And cmn now, Erza and Grey? I want to see Erza vs Erza but wth are they doing here now? Mashima is pulling things out of his a**. They were supposed to be in the lacryma, they were inside the guild building when Anima absorbed it, he is just bringing people back at random with some lame excuses. The explanation of them being not in the lacryma better be good.

ndulzky
April 04, 2010, 01:42 PM
Maybe the Edolas FT members freed them? Or else how would they know that FT is the enemy of the soldiers?

Grey said "are they going to kill them, knowing they're from our guild?"

soulbane_zp
April 04, 2010, 01:51 PM
Maybe the Edolas FT members freed them? Or else how would they know that FT is the enemy of the soldiers?

Grey said "are they going to kill them, knowing they're from our guild?"

Nah, they need to know how to reverse the magic that made them into lacryma crystal, so no it's not Edolas FT. Erza and Grey weren't made into lacryma. It will probably be something like Mystogan showed up teleported us away and then here, and here we are now, which is lame. The cats were supposed to get the DS into Edolas with their wings, but Mystogan doesn't have any problems with getting people between Edolas and Earthland.

wooticus
April 04, 2010, 01:53 PM
mayber grey and erza were in the piece of lacryma that had been stored in the city and mystogan freed them

daichi383
April 04, 2010, 01:58 PM
Looks like we're gonna get some erza vs erza :jawdrop

Mashiro_Luna
April 04, 2010, 01:59 PM
My guess is either Mystogan freed them or the Queen got real po'd and released them. By releasing them from the lacrimia Edoras would be at a real disadvantge in the fight with the loss of all that magical energy which would help the Exceed. Not to mention all the chaos it will cause to have Fairy Tail running arround pissed.

iamtenninja
April 04, 2010, 02:00 PM
Nah, they need to know how to reverse the magic that made them into lacryma crystal, so no it's not Edolas FT. Erza and Grey weren't made into lacryma. It will probably be something like Mystogan showed up teleported us away and then here, and here we are now, which is lame. The cats were supposed to get the DS into Edolas with their wings, but Mystogan doesn't have any problems with getting people between Edolas and Earthland.

Lol Mystogan made it to the guild before Wendy did then
We don't know if Mystogan can reverse the Lachryma either so don't rule out Edoras FT just yet thought I do like the idea

soulbane_zp
April 04, 2010, 02:04 PM
mayber grey and erza were in the piece of lacryma that had been stored in the city and mystogan freed them

If that's the case than the others should be fine too since I doubt you can say who is who in that big crystal. But I think that's not the case, they somehow avoided the Anima, I have no idea how but they obviously did.

My guess is either Mystogan freed them or the Queen got real po'd and released them. By releasing them from the lacrimia Edoras would be at a real disadvantge in the fight with the loss of all that magical energy which would help the Exceed. Not to mention all the chaos it will cause to have Fairy Tail running arround pissed.

This makes sense, I can definitely see this happening. Maybe the Queen knew Faust was planning on going against her, so it would be logical move from her to cut their magical source and let them free the DS who are crucial part of Faust plans.

iamtenninja
April 04, 2010, 02:14 PM
This might only be a little thing but did anyone else notice (before me) the pot of staves on page 12 which has Wendy tied up to a rock? Oddly (or is it?) enough, they look like Mystogan's in a non-evil faced way.

Also, anyone else get the feel that those rocks with the Dragon image weren't just crafted recently but existed a long time ago?

hongoasdf
April 04, 2010, 02:14 PM
This makes sense, I can definitely see this happening. Maybe the Queen knew Faust was planning on going against her, so it would be logical move from her to cut their magical source and let them free the DS who are crucial part of Faust plans.

If so, Shagotte > Faust in every way. Faust's uprising failed a couple of minutes after it started. I actually like this theory even more that Mystogan showing up and saving everyone's sorry asses, even if he shows up with Gazille.

Also, if that's the case, I already like Shagotte, even if she's a "villain" and we haven't actually seen her.

jacke12
April 04, 2010, 02:19 PM
If she knew thats why she was sending exceeds to kill the dragon slayers because this way there wil not be a a source for Code ETD

Gats
April 04, 2010, 02:34 PM
How is it possible that Erza and Gray can use magic from their body now ?
It seems that only the Dragon Slayers have their magic's control gone, while human like Lucy, Gray and Erza still have it.

monkey D luffy
April 04, 2010, 02:38 PM
awesome erza v erza next chapter! woohoo

if gray and erza came from the back why didnt they release natsu and wendy? they came from the same place from what i understand

Blanka
April 04, 2010, 03:06 PM
I do not know if this has been mentioned, but I am not 99% positive that mystgun is from Edoras, he is the double of gerard (99% sure).
Why he came over is unclear, probably good intentions.

PROOF:
Page 12 (the one with wendy chained) has staffs in a vase that look identical to the staffs carried by mystgun. He uses staffs because he cannot store magical power internally. Further proof of his Edoras origin.

kkck
April 04, 2010, 03:15 PM
Grey and Erza being here must have something to do with mistgun. I doubt edoras FT would do such a thing. I find it interesting that erza and grey can use magic though. I can think of two reasons for Erza and Gerard to have their abilities. One is that what actually is keeping natsu's and wendy's magic sealed has to do with the cats. The other is that they can use their magic due to the way they passed anima. Anima probably sealed wendy's and natsu's power as they passed. I wonder if the extraction process wendy and natsu are going through will give them back their magic once released though. They must get their magic back somehow, otherwise I don't see how lucy and co are gonna escape a fight against the entire military of edoras.

hirou
April 04, 2010, 03:19 PM
Page 12 (the one with wendy chained) has staffs in a vase that look identical to the staffs carried by mystgun.

Damn, you were a bit more quick, I was going to post the same =)

At least, Mistgun was able to disappear without visible help from staffs, so maybe he awakened some powers in Earthland world

hongoasdf
April 04, 2010, 03:20 PM
Well, assuming it was the Queen (Or some other Exceed representative) who freed them, the Exceed may have bestowed some of their own magical power upon them and any other FT members who were freed from the Lachryma.

Or it could be that Wendy and Natsu are the only ones who can't use their magic due to being Dragonslayers, somehow...

Mashiro_Luna
April 04, 2010, 03:22 PM
I thought the only reason that Natsu and Wendy couldn't use their magic was because it was absorbed by the Anima http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/176-73/17 I thought that was what the cat was saying here. Erza and Gray could use their magic because they were absorbed with it but with Natsu and Wendy it only stole their magic but for some reason left them physically in Earthland.

NNGirl
April 04, 2010, 03:38 PM
Grey and Erza being here must have something to do with mistgun. I doubt edoras FT would do such a thing. I find it interesting that erza and grey can use magic though. I can think of two reasons for Erza and Gerard to have their abilities. One is that what actually is keeping natsu's and wendy's magic sealed has to do with the cats. The other is that they can use their magic due to the way they passed anima. Anima probably sealed wendy's and natsu's power as they passed. I wonder if the extraction process wendy and natsu are going through will give them back their magic once released though. They must get their magic back somehow, otherwise I don't see how lucy and co are gonna escape a fight against the entire military of edoras.

I think that Mistgun freed he, becuase It was suposed that this arc were going to be realeted more to him, but untl now he only appears 2 times on minor roles, ad it ill be really awesome if he all the time was behind scenes freeing the Earth fT and planing how to scpae form there.
[hr]

I thought the only reason that Natsu and Wendy couldn't use their magic was because it was absorbed by the Anima http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/176-73/17 I thought that was what the cat was saying here. Erza and Gray could use their magic because they were absorbed with it but with Natsu and Wendy it only stole their magic but for some reason left them physically in Earthland.

i think that it's because they were carried to edoras by the cats, and a sideeffect of that is that they wont be able to use magic propely (the king want to capture them, so it's probably that they don't want them use magic to defed themselves

LoS
April 04, 2010, 04:08 PM
Is anyone else just as bored with this plot as I am? I mean seriously, no one gives a crap about either side, Exceed or Humans. But, for some reason we keep getting this religious, moral struggle shoved down our throats and we are expected to allow the Earthland Fairy Tail members to actually care about the Humans and Exceed of Edoras. I hope that come the conclusion of this arc there isn't some friendship bigger picture type crap. If only the Earthland people could get in Edoras, free their people, get out and not give a crap about the inhabitants of Edoras that would be great. But instead I feel Mashima is building up some "we are here to teach you a lesson" mumbo jumbo.

Outside of the plot though, the arc has finally gotten interesting. Only because it looks like there is finally some progress.

kkck
April 04, 2010, 04:14 PM
I am not bored. In fact, I am loving every minute of it.

LoS
April 04, 2010, 04:20 PM
The arc still has far too many plot holes which could be answered at random by completely making something up on the spot. Mist Gun is a legitimate hax character right now. This man is a lexicon to Edoras, can help out Earthland Fairy Tail members at will; talk about over powered. But, of course Mashima will somehow have Mist Gun weakened in Edoras(if we ever see him) to stop this scenario from happening.

The question of why humans can't use magic, the shortage of magic. You could answer this right on the spot as well. Once we see the Exceed Queen I'm sure we will get our answer, but only when it is convenient. Expect foul play to be involved.

Chaos Shadow
April 04, 2010, 04:40 PM
I am not bored. In fact, I am loving every minute of it.

same heree im enjoying every chapter :amuse and this chaps last pages were full of pure win haha i was starting to miss gray hahaha

Kravmaga
April 04, 2010, 05:45 PM
The arc still has far too many plot holes which could be answered at random by completely making something up on the spot. Mist Gun is a legitimate hax character right now. This man is a lexicon to Edoras, can help out Earthland Fairy Tail members at will; talk about over powered. But, of course Mashima will somehow have Mist Gun weakened in Edoras(if we ever see him) to stop this scenario from happening.

The question of why humans can't use magic, the shortage of magic. You could answer this right on the spot as well. Once we see the Exceed Queen I'm sure we will get our answer, but only when it is convenient. Expect foul play to be involved.

Honestly, at this point I could care less about plot holes.
Which mangaka does not make shit up on the spot? Every shounen has people showing up conveniently to save the day, or powers being magically tailored to fit the bill... FT's actually more or less avoiding that.
This whole entire world was made up by the mangaka and as such he's got the intellectual property rights to do whatever tickles his fancy with it... Personally, I think it actually fits pretty well, so much I forgive Mashima for turning mistgun into gerard because what everyone thought would be some long lost brother cliche turned out to be quite well thought out and something nobody could have predicted.

And sure, it's getting obvious by now that the exceed have a hand in controlling the edoras humans' magic. I'm sure I'd fancy the answer to all of these questions but dangnabit! Erza is about to fight Erza!!! Who cares about anything else?
How in the world can you people even be theorycrafting about this stuff when we're on the brink of witnessing an unstoppable force clashing with an immovable object?!?
Brain! Turn off! Now! =P

Also, ten bucks on Evil Erza for round 1 followed by swift comeback and TKO round 3!

LoS
April 04, 2010, 06:05 PM
I forgive Mashima for turning mistgun into gerard because what everyone thought would be some long lost brother cliche turned out to be quite well thought out and something nobody could have predicted.

This is so far the only thing that is a positive relating to Earthland/Main plot. Of course there is much more left to be revealed. I just hope that Mist Gun has nothing to do with this current arc, I really do not want him to show up. Like I said before, if he does show up his capabilities are just wayyyy too much. He could single handedly change the balance.

sarutobi_sensei
April 04, 2010, 06:11 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EPIC LAST PAGE!!!!!!

ZOMG I'm so freaking excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just plain epic. The king really wants to take on the exceed and now we've got Erza and Gray!!!! BUT HOW??????? How did they get away? I can't wait to hear an explanation!!!!!

street_san
April 04, 2010, 06:43 PM
plot holes plot holes....guys, can't you wait until the end of the arc to say if Mashima created to many plot holes.

Each week we're learning something new. Exceed, Edolas humans, Dragon Slayers, man this arc have been enjoyable from the start....and it's only starting.

Who give a shit to know how Gray and Erza went back to their normal selves "for now". What we need to think first is if the'll be able to use perfectly their magic: that's all. Do you really think Mashima will leave this matter unanswered. Of course we'll know how they got out of this.

Man, this chapter was AWESOME. Natsu is SOOO GOING TO KICK SOME ASS when he'll be release. Can't wait xD

hongoasdf
April 04, 2010, 06:52 PM
I'm actually more worried about that Byro creep tentacle-raping Wendy than about Erza or Gray's magic :'(

Also, I hadn't noticed up to now, but Gray's got a scar on his abdomen from when Leon stabbed him. And that scar on his forehead... but I never really got when exactly that happened. I'm sure it was at some point during the Galuna Island arc, too, but I don't recall the sitution on it's entirety.

So yeah, ending was epic. I kinda missed the main group.

ghostexiled
April 04, 2010, 07:46 PM
This is where you can post and discuss all the spoilers for the next chapter of Fairy Tail!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/180/)

Raw-Paradise (http://hotfile.com/dl/37410599/8d8ec39/Fairy180.zip.html)

For future chapter providers... please do not create a new thread for its release. Post it in this Spoiler thread or PM me if it is closed so that I can open it.~Ghost

iamtenninja
April 04, 2010, 07:53 PM
No Not Tentacle Rape! Not Yet!
Anyways, Gray indeed did get that Scar after the events of the Galuna Arc tho I don't remember the actual injury itself.
Dunno, this should be setting up to have the whole Guild take down both the Kingdom and Exceed. Would be better than having just the main group (plus Mystogan somewhere whenever he decides to show up) take down everyone.

ghostexiled
April 04, 2010, 08:02 PM
This has gotten really awesome! I am glad to see that there will be a massive war between the humans and the cats! We will be able to see what the cats are made of, and not just see them fly.

I totally called an Erza vs. Erza match. This I am excited to see! :)

I am also hoping that Earth FT gets a chance to meet Edo FT... just to see how they react to their respective counter-parts! Gray meeting his heavily clothed and p**sy whipped ass, will be hilarious! :grin

Skrymir
April 04, 2010, 08:28 PM
I feel sad for Lucy, her moment as the strongest of Fairy Tail was so short.

Poops
April 04, 2010, 08:45 PM
Oh damn!!! That last page totally caught me off-guard!! ERZA! I'm beyond excited for the next chapter now! I'm sure everything's going to become clear by the next 2 chapters; Mashima's usually quite good at filling info and clearing things up :D. I'm really looking forward to E-Erza vs. Erza. Since magic seems to be limited in Edo, I wonder how much of a fight it's really going to be. For now I'm guessing that Gray, Lucy, and the cats are going after Wendy and Natsu while Erza holds the army off.

I am also hoping that Earth FT gets a chance to meet Edo FT... just to see how they react to their respective counter-parts! Gray meeting his heavily clothed and p**sy whipped ass, will be hilarious! :grin

I have a feeling that the last chapter of this arc will be FT meet FT with a huge feast, :D, damn so excited.

mr.danly
April 04, 2010, 09:20 PM
ERZA V ERZA!!!!!!!!!!!! I might wet myself. But I'm not exactly sure how Erza and Gray are going to fight, since aren't they all running on limited magic?

MechR
April 04, 2010, 10:12 PM
Well, Gray just froze a bunch of guys there, apparently under his own power :blink Natsu and Wendy were instantly powerless when they arrived in Edoras, so if Gray were going to run out, it would've happened already. Maybe people are right in saying only Dragon Slayers get depowered when visiting Edoras.

And I wouldn't worry about Erza even if her magic ran out. She just needs a weapon, any weapon, and there are plenty for the looting.

ghostexiled
April 04, 2010, 10:24 PM
Well Lucy was able to use her magic and she was brought to Edo by Mystogun, so if Erza and Gray were released or brought there by him as well... then it is possible that he was able to release or allow them to not be affected by the transfer.

halfcrzy
April 04, 2010, 10:30 PM
Yea it definatly seems only dragonslayers are unable to use magic. Also haha i would kill to see the end of this arc where gray meets himself. Also juvia would go nuts for earthland gray as well. He could have two gf. Its not illegal! there identical!

SerpentTailedAngel
April 04, 2010, 11:49 PM
I'm actually more worried about that Byro creep tentacle-raping Wendy than about Erza or Gray's magic :'(

Also, I hadn't noticed up to now, but Gray's got a scar on his abdomen from when Leon stabbed him. And that scar on his forehead... but I never really got when exactly that happened. I'm sure it was at some point during the Galuna Island arc, too, but I don't recall the sitution on it's entirety.

So yeah, ending was epic. I kinda missed the main group.

(The first scar was while fighting Lyon on top of that hill where they first discovered he was involved with Deliora)

I missed striper Gray and nice Erza too. I'm for the theory that the exceed queen released them when the king started his rebelion. Also, did anyone notice Lily's reaction. He probably is related to the exceed after all.

Wendy's scream is going to give me nightmares. She's twelve, right? Shudder

wooticus
April 05, 2010, 02:16 AM
some of you mentioned it already.. i also see a problem in it. it is just too... odd... that especially gray and erza were freed if there isn't anybody else with them. i mean, did whoever freed them know that with freeing erza and gray the story could get the most tension? if instead some lowies were freed, they would not have a chance against such an army, too. and on the other side.. if they freed people like gildartz or makarov.. i mean he could just do fairy law and.. bam.

LoS
April 05, 2010, 03:06 AM
if they freed people like gildartz or makarov.. i mean he could just do fairy law and.. bam.

until we saw Erza&Grey use their magic we all assumed no Earthland mages could(minus stellar spirit users of course). If that was the case then Makarov and Gildartz would be horrible choices to free. One is a decrepit old man, the other is a gimpy one armed and one legged man. Both wouldn't be suited to this more physical less magic world. But that is all moot now, Grey and Erza are to spice up the story line and make it more tense.

AnDr
April 05, 2010, 03:16 AM
my theory is that the queen made edoras think that their magic is limited to control them but in reality they can all use magic.
Like Happy and Charle.

Also the time when edoLucy left Natsu and Wendy didnt she use magic to contact edoFT.tho she could have just used lacryma

Lee-tyme7
April 05, 2010, 03:26 AM
LOL, who would expect Erza & Grey to show up? Total surprise and I've notice Grey didn't use magic but punch the wall if that's what it was? I don't know if they can use magic yet?

zephyrXwind
April 05, 2010, 03:34 AM
If that's the case than the others should be fine too since I doubt you can say who is who in that big crystal. But I think that's not the case, they somehow avoided the Anima, I have no idea how but they obviously did.

I doubt it... If so, why did Shagotte order Faust to execute Lucy???

Poops
April 05, 2010, 03:46 AM
LOL, who would expect Erza & Grey to show up? Total surprise and I've notice Grey didn't use magic but punch the wall if that's what it was? I don't know if they can use magic yet?

Ah, we already know for sure now. Mashima wanted to make clear that the two were able to use magic for suspense building + damn cliff hanger :darn for the next chapter and even added extra things to make it more obvious.

In the last 2 pages, you can see the magic around Gray's arm, tinkling of ice, and even ice itself on page 18, mid section, mid left. Of course there's really no way to prove that Erza's using magic, but we can assume so if Gray is :D.

Unlucky Boy
April 05, 2010, 04:39 AM
I dont think Shaggote restored Erza and Gray, I dont think she even knows yet what's going on. Moreover, the cats said themselves that the Anima and crystalization of magic is something they dont know how to do and it's the work of the humans.

It's either Edo-FT or most probably Mistgun, since he knows FT members and he knows who is most improtant to free first.

And I'm not sure this has any meaning but did you notice what's in the urn beside Wendy here? http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/179-98/12
5 staves...the visible ones looks like Mistgun's

urlaub
April 05, 2010, 04:51 AM
Heck, where did those two pop up? I thought thwy were inside the lachryma and frozen or something.

Ero-Sanji
April 05, 2010, 05:12 AM
Sooo, how come Gray can use magic without a medium?

soulbane_zp
April 05, 2010, 05:17 AM
If Mystogan has something to do with Erza and Grey showing up, than they weren't absorbed in the lacryma in the first place. Why? There is no way that he freed only them from the crystal, how the hell can you tell who is who in that massive crystal? If they were freed from the crystal, than the whole crystal was reversed back, and the people are back to their original selves. And the crystal should be heavily guarded. Anyhow the explanation better be good.

And it seems to me from the chamber where they got Wendy and Natsu the Edolas people know a lot about Dragonslayers, so by the end of this arc we will know more too. Those stones with dragon carvings looks pretty ancient.

I doubt it... If so, why did Shagotte order Faust to execute Lucy???

And why not? She wants the DS dead too, we know that Faust wants to extract their magic so they can build a magic source of their own and use it against the queen (this is why she sends the cats to kill the DS's so she can control the humans), and after learning that Faust is planning on extracting their magic she has to do something if she wants to stop that from happening. And the cats that were chasing the 'fallen' were all turned into a lacryma so sending more cats doesn't work, so it's possible that this is her doing.

Now we will have Nasu and co in the middle of the war between the Exceed and the humans, add Edolas FT to the mix and let chaos begin :tem.

Evil3ye
April 05, 2010, 06:55 AM
Wow, the cliffhanger's awesome. Ezra vs Erza... best thing could ever happen to this manga :D

No, seriously. I didn't see it coming and it already sounds like an epic fight to me. Can't wait for next week can't wait for next week :gigglebunny

urlaub
April 05, 2010, 09:57 AM
Either they are Lucys gemini acting on their own, edo-fairy tails some magic, the real ones.

So out of these the second one seems logical.

Evil3ye
April 05, 2010, 10:54 AM
I also go with the second. The logic is that edo-Erza and edo-Grey are evil so that the earthland's versions gotta fight their own self and prove them wrong-something lol.

As for the Gemini theory; I'm actually not sure if Gemini can turn himself into two different persons at the same time. Guess it's a no so.

Skrymir
April 05, 2010, 11:31 AM
Wendy's scream is going to give me nightmares. She's twelve, right? Shudder

Actually, I wouldn't doubt her being over 80 years old...

monkey D luffy
April 05, 2010, 12:46 PM
ive got a good explanation for you. remember back when the king showed off a lachryma part? it wasnt the whole thing just a little piece right? maybe someone within the castle who defies faust freed them. i mean we could assume that it was erza and gray in that mini lachryma.

cluster
April 05, 2010, 01:46 PM
ive got a good explanation for you. remember back when the king showed off a lachryma part? it wasnt the whole thing just a little piece right? maybe someone within the castle who defies faust freed them. i mean we could assume that it was erza and gray in that mini lachryma.

Thinking of lily?

btw i don't see why ur all so suprised about erza&grey using magic did'nt they explain that last chapter http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/178/02/

SerpentTailedAngel
April 05, 2010, 08:55 PM
I also go with the second. The logic is that edo-Erza and edo-Grey are evil so that the earthland's versions gotta fight their own self and prove them wrong-something lol.

As for the Gemini theory; I'm actually not sure if Gemini can turn himself into two different persons at the same time. Guess it's a no so.

Gemi and Mini can probably become two people at once. It makes sense since there are two of them. Plus, there's this line (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/175-68/7). Though they might be saying they can become on person, than turn into anotherm then turn back into the first person later on.

kuroSaki_Ichi
April 05, 2010, 08:59 PM
I doubt its Geimini...they dont speak like that do they..

Unlucky Boy
April 05, 2010, 11:53 PM
Gemini never copied Erza as far as I can remember so it cant be them. I think they currently can turn into Gray and Lucy.

iamtenninja
April 06, 2010, 12:30 AM
I could have sworn Gemini's ability was detailed upon on one of the front pages. I seem to recall it taking both of them to recreate a body with each one establishing a mind and the other the magic or something like that. I don't think they can transform into two separate people because of this.

Of course take this with a grain of salt, I succumbed to sickness over the weekend and can't focus very well

Baka_Sousui
April 06, 2010, 12:37 AM
I doubt its Geimini...they dont speak like that do they..

Gemini is able to duplicate a person's looks, abilities and memories. I'm pretty sure personality and speech are right up there in what they are capable of.

I don't think they are Gemini neither, but i have nothing more than a hunch to go by. Cause personality is not something you can state as proof as they have demonstrated in the previous arc that it would be possible for them to duplicate that.

kkck
April 06, 2010, 12:40 AM
I just remembered a theory I wrote some chapters ago and might be a good explanation -other than mistgun- for erza's and grey's appearance. Erza uses another dimension to store her swords and weapons and summon them when she needs them. What if the reason she is here is that she stored herself and grey in it as soon as she noticed the anime. It is even possible she felt the anima distortion due to her dimension experience and power. She could also have reacted to what hologrium did when he rescued lucy. Anyways, the point is she stored herself in another dimension to escape anima and took grey with her. Later on mistgun sent the two of them to edoras as he did with lucy. I am still hoping for an elfman and mira appearance though, they might have escaped the anima on their way to the church or graveyard.

Baka_Sousui
April 06, 2010, 01:51 AM
Actually it seems before this all happened Makarov was well aware that something was going to happen. I thing some kind of plan was put in place before it all happened. Maybe Makarov back then was feeling more annoyed that they had to deal with it rather than the feeling of things coming to the end.
Just a thought. It'd give reason to why some members would be more prepared then others.

senewe
April 06, 2010, 03:44 AM
I'm sure that panther guy is a spy...

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/179-98/8
there is something wrong with charle...

sarutobi_sensei
April 06, 2010, 04:15 PM
I just remembered a theory I wrote some chapters ago and might be a good explanation -other than mistgun- for erza's and grey's appearance. Erza uses another dimension to store her swords and weapons and summon them when she needs them. What if the reason she is here is that she stored herself and grey in it as soon as she noticed the anime. It is even possible she felt the anima distortion due to her dimension experience and power. She could also have reacted to what hologrium did when he rescued lucy. Anyways, the point is she stored herself in another dimension to escape anima and took grey with her. Later on mistgun sent the two of them to edoras as he did with lucy. I am still hoping for an elfman and mira appearance though, they might have escaped the anima on their way to the church or graveyard.

nice theory, I can go with that.

I'm sure that panther guy is a spy...

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/179-98/8
there is something wrong with charle...
She's just being herself right now. She is saying that it's nothing to do with them and that it's best to save their friends, which is a logical thing to do in this kind of situation.

FluffBall
April 06, 2010, 07:57 PM
Thinking of lily?

btw i don't see why ur all so suprised about erza&grey using magic did'nt they explain that last chapter http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/178/02/
i don't get how that page explains it. all it says is that they have more magic than the eksheed unless its because its like charle and happy who couldn't get their wings out because of a heart thing so its like they overcame the heart problem and can now use their magic or something.

cluster
April 07, 2010, 01:38 AM
i don't get how that page explains it. all it says is that they have more magic than the eksheed unless its because its like charle and happy who couldn't get their wings out because of a heart thing so its like they overcame the heart problem and can now use their magic or something.

they also say that, The mages of earthland have magic in there bodys just like the eksheed.

i think wendy and natsu are a bit difrent tho, might be that on earth they usaly take magic in from the outside but im not sure tho.

Raijin_Thethundergod
April 07, 2010, 05:26 AM
they also say that, The mages of earthland have magic in there bodys just like the eksheed.

i think wendy and natsu are a bit difrent tho, might be that on earth they usaly take magic in from the outside but im not sure tho.

I see, that makes sense.

So the dragon-slayer takes magic from the environment, that explains why they can not use their magic, right?

If that's true, then what Natsu needs to do is eat some flame from edoras, you know, to fill his magic.

ca12nag3
April 07, 2010, 08:55 AM
Hmm still there is a problem, in this chapter you see they are extracting magic from Wendy already. So they do have it but arnt able to use it. (thats basicaly it)

cluster
April 07, 2010, 10:54 AM
Hmm still there is a problem, in this chapter you see they are extracting magic from Wendy already. So they do have it but arnt able to use it. (thats basicaly it)

what u say is true,it's also the reson why im not sure about it.
ofcorse it could be as other's have said a problem whit there hearts,the most likely reson would be charle saing.
If male cat and i betray u guys, kill us whitout hesitation.

i've been wondering about erza did'nt she store her weapon's at the girls dormatory and was'nt that along whit the rest of the town absorbed in to the anima?

edit* just reread that part looks like i was wrong,that was becose there was a limit to how many weapons she could fit in her magical space sry about that.

kkck
April 07, 2010, 12:38 PM
Did grey always had that chain on his neck? I guess that is kinda an easter egg from rave, it looks exactly like the rave haru carried.

Unlucky Boy
April 07, 2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah he always had it. Like Erza got that symbol on her armour that Elie always had on her shirt.

p1xel
April 07, 2010, 04:15 PM
Oh wow,i just finished reading all avaliable chapters:P
Seems nice,but that arc was moving slowly.But the last page of that chapter looks nice and i hope for better development now:P
And what`s with gazille?He was a real dragon killer,no?Why wasn`t he with them from the beginning?
Erza vs.Erza battle,wow?:D

Zehahaha
April 07, 2010, 05:07 PM
Oh wow,i just finished reading all avaliable chapters:P
Seems nice,but that arc was moving slowly.But the last page of that chapter looks nice and i hope for better development now:P
And what`s with gazille?He was a real dragon killer,no?Why wasn`t he with them from the beginning?
Erza vs.Erza battle,wow?:D

I just hope that Edo Erza will get her a** kicked by the real Erza, and that Natsu will use somehow his magic...
After this chapter, can't wait to see that Shagotte... I hope she won't turn to be some nice queen, and that she was in the obligation to kill DS for whatever reasons bla bla

Qc_stryder
April 07, 2010, 10:52 PM
I was kinda dissapointed when I saw gray and erza. dont get me wrong, I'm happy that they showed up, but I was kinda hoping that natsu would be the one that would blow up something with his fire and everybody would be scared shitless and in awe of a guy that can light himself on fire and also eat it.

I also cant help but get exited when I think of the reaction everybody will have when witnessing earthland magic-

ah! a whole bunch of swords came out of nowhere!

wha! where did all of this ice come from! what!? that guy made it appear without a lachryma!? and why the hell is he naked!? put some clothes on!

that guy just ate fire! he's a monster! plus he thanked us for the food!

wha! there's a perverted bull complementing captain erza's breasts! he's saying what all of us are really thinking!

(suppressing imagination) I'l just stop for now. but I do hope these things will be said:p

Zeltrax
April 10, 2010, 08:46 AM
Long time since I've posted at ft forums, or if I've ever gave a damn to the manga.
since it's just purely shounen, with most of the fights having the main character winning, there really ain't much for prediction, ft always pwns in the end.

Backtotopic.
I can finally say that this arc will be one of the weirdest in manga history.
I've gave this arc a try, din't make any complains bout it and finally after this chapter, I gave up.
I've gotta do rambling.
by introducing gray and erza into the story, it's basically the author telling us that there is really going to be two fairy tails fighting in this arc, be it together or against each other.
IMHO, isn't that weird? Fighting with yourself and together with yourself, that's so naruto like.
So, I'm trying to say that if somehow Hero Mashima pulls this off, and somehow make this even better than the past arcs, ft will be on a whole different level.
But think about it, what about the damn consequences, I mean, what will ft feel after going through another world of themselves, won't this mess up the storyline-oh wait, its another world, so it's like ANYTHING can take place there without caring about the storyline.

Whatever, damn author chose this step, my eyes gonna hurt from seeing so many twins. But still going to give this arc a chance, eyes ain't gonna hurt from giving a chance.

ca12nag3
April 10, 2010, 11:59 AM
Actualy the evil twin principle comes from star trek from the 1970s... i think its the first time anyone in fiction ever used it. (the mirror universe) So going on a rant saying its like Naruto makes no sense since every storyconcept/element has been used before. Untill a genius writer like another Shakespear comes along and invents something new.

The entire twin thing hasnt been used to much apart from Ed-Lucy&Ed-Erza. We only see Natsu briefly for the fun part were he gets sick outside vehicles.
So its to soon to say anything about the Twin-effect.

kkck
April 10, 2010, 12:04 PM
The characters from edoras and earthland have proven they are anything but opposites though. They are just different, people who live in different cultures. They don't necessarily have to be opposites -they can be though but not because they are all opposites-.

kazille
April 11, 2010, 05:30 AM
i don't know if someone asked this already. but it just came to me. how come mistgun can use magic if his from edoras?

urlaub
April 11, 2010, 05:39 AM
Where did you get the idea that mistgun is from edoras? Have I really missed something this important? Well being gerards duplicate, this revelation could really explain it.

DoItDoItDoIt
April 11, 2010, 08:15 AM
Where did you get the idea that mistgun is from edoras? Have I really missed something this important? Well being gerards duplicate, this revelation could really explain it.

its not confirmed. its just a theory...but a very plausible theory imo

Gats
April 11, 2010, 09:34 AM
its not confirmed. its just a theory...but a very plausible theory imo

Mistgun, the another Gerard who knows the existence and the purpose of Anima, who knows how to go to Edoras. Using staffs from Edoras (see the chapter when the dragonslayers are going to be drained). The opposite of the earthland Gerard.

It sounds like a confirmation.

kkck
April 11, 2010, 11:22 AM
How can there be a shred of a doubt that mistgun is from edoras? The guy mentioned "arriving to this world" and was familiar with anima as or before it started. If mistgun was not from edoras, the story would outright not make sense. He even uses magical objects to fight which means he fights like people in edoras. Only plausible way mistgun is not from edoras is that he and gerard were actually changed at birth lol.

monkey D luffy
April 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
chapter 180 will be uploaded later this day according to mangastream's tweets

kkck
April 11, 2010, 01:08 PM
Awesome, can't help but live those guys.

roku-sky
April 11, 2010, 04:17 PM
From experience they never seem to release on the day they tweet they would release. But they do release often on time if they never tweet about it. So I'm expecting FT tomorrow... But I'd love to be proven wrong :P

ca12nag3
April 11, 2010, 04:35 PM
Without getting to far off topic...were is today? i meen here its gmt+1 but the today the tweeter said could be anywhere on the planet.

Sollum
April 11, 2010, 05:16 PM
Without getting to far off topic...were is today? i meen here its gmt+1 but the today the tweeter said could be anywhere on the planet.

Dunno dude, but i am still waiting, its 1:17 at my place and i think my zone is gmt -2

monkey D luffy
April 11, 2010, 05:23 PM
as far as i know lithuania is at +2 not -2 which is somewhere on the atlantic ocean. but this is off topic.

i hope that this erze vs erza ends and not getting interupted in the middle but if earthland erza can indeed use magic edo-erza is done in 2 pages.

Krono
April 11, 2010, 05:42 PM

I think they're on USA Pacific time. So GMT-8.

mjohner1
April 11, 2010, 06:11 PM
180 RAW is up on rawparadise for download.

LoS
April 11, 2010, 06:35 PM
Raw is out, scanlation will be out soon from Mangastream.

Not really many surprises here, Ezra vs. Ezra, Gazille finally makes an appearance, and Natsu can use his Dragon Slayer magic once again. Lucy, Natsu, and Wendy are all freed.

Sacto0562
April 11, 2010, 07:21 PM
Raw is out, scanlation will be out soon from Mangastream.

Not really many surprises here, Ezra vs. Ezra, Gazille finally makes an appearance, and Natsu can use his Dragon Slayer magic once again. Lucy, Natsu, and Wendy are all freed.

I really like this chapter, too, even if I can't read the Japanese. :)

(By the way, one thing I like about Mangastream's scanlations is they do a masterful job cleaning up the artwork so it you'd almost think the manga was written in English at times. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good3.gif )

Draco1988
April 11, 2010, 07:23 PM
so, in order for Earthland people to use magic in Edoras, they need certain drug...
talk about steroid XD

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 11, 2010, 07:36 PM
Can anybody please tell me where can i find the Raw For this Chapter?

BlackHair
April 11, 2010, 07:54 PM
Can anybody please tell me where can i find the Raw For this Chapter?Raw-Paradise (http://hotfile.com/dl/37410599/8d8ec39/Fairy180.zip.html)

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 11, 2010, 08:21 PM
Raw-Paradise (http://hotfile.com/dl/37410599/8d8ec39/Fairy180.zip.html)

Thanks Alot Man : )
[hr]
I am interested in how Gajeel got to Edoras, but the Erza Vs. Erza fight looks like the ending will be epic

Stream
April 11, 2010, 10:02 PM
Erza Nightwalker's spear is a Ten Commandments spear. (If you've read Rave Master, it's exactly what it sounds like.) She demonstrates Silfarion, Mel Force, and Explosion.

kazille
April 11, 2010, 11:02 PM
Erza Nightwalker's spear is a Ten Commandments spear. (If you've read Rave Master, it's exactly what it sounds like.) She demonstrates Silfarion, Mel Force, and Explosion.

really?! wow! that's so COOOOL! :o

wa! edo-erza can exquip her weapons.

hongoasdf
April 11, 2010, 11:22 PM
I would've liked a more... dramatic entrance for Gazille, but Erza vs Erza makes up for it. Besides, having read only the RAW, it's a bit early to be complaining about anything, really. And at least he got to appear, finally.

Is it me, or does Wendy look specially loli this week?

monkey D luffy
April 11, 2010, 11:52 PM
wth happened to wendy? did they manage to drain her powers?!?!?! no!!!! edo-basterds!

BetaRuler
April 12, 2010, 12:09 AM
darn Wendys last speech bubble on the last page XD hahaha

I agree Gazille's entrance could have been more dramatic, and now I'm already impatiently waiting for next weeks! Goshdarnit

MAX_COLA_POWER!
April 12, 2010, 01:28 AM
You ain't kidding with the speech bubble save. I'm getting tired of all the close calls with her. Which reminds me, since there's no point for disguises, can they change back to their old suits now? Natsu and Wendy look cooler with them anyway. Looks like old Fausto the f***ed-o only needed the sky dragon slayer magic only, probably to reach up to the sky lachryma, or at least based on what I saw from the chapter. I'll wait and see to the scanlated version to be sure.

Gats
April 12, 2010, 04:14 AM
I've found Fairy Tail 180 Raw Scan (but Japanese). Read Fairy Tail 180 Raw here (http://topmangaspoilers.info/fairy-tail-raw-spoiler/fairy-tail-manga-fairy-tail-180-raw-fairy-tail-180-raw-scan/)

http://topmangaspoilers.info/online-manga-raw-scan-english/index.php/Fairy-Tail-180-Raw-Scan/Scan_037.jpg?action=thumb
http://topmangaspoilers.info/online-manga-raw-scan-english/index.php/Fairy-Tail-180-Raw-Scan/Scan_038.jpg?action=thumb

Don't follow this link. Many problems are waiting for you here.

Unlucky Boy
April 12, 2010, 09:56 AM
The scanlation is out

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/180-105/1

wooticus
April 12, 2010, 09:59 AM
somehow it was predictable.. the lacryma in the city being grey and erza... and the only ones left to free them were gazille and mystogan.. and both of them did their piece..

so i guess we will see natsu fight again in 2-3 chapters =)

Newkerzy
April 12, 2010, 10:08 AM
"All out war in the capital".... well, for one thing it's gonna be pretty bloody allright. What with Gazille already wreaking havoc, add Natsu in the mix, you pretty much have a bloodbath.

BlackHair
April 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Im really disappointed in Mashima Hiro. He gives Erza vs Erza huge big ass panels while Gazelle gets some tiny ass panel. I have been asking where he is, since it was mentioned that Dragon Slayer are immune against the Anima. Such a tiny panel doesn't serve equal justice here xD

Anyway, as already mentioned it was predicatable. I also expected it to be Mistgun or/and Gazelle. Glad to see though that this arc gets exciting. so far the arc was quite boring. Looking forward to upcoming battles.

kkck
April 12, 2010, 11:16 AM
:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf

Chapter was just beautiful. It had everything. Grey and erza are finally back and kicking ass, edoras erza is a tribute to rave and the dragon slayers are gonna rampage to their hearts content. What else could a FT chapter possibly need?

I find it particularly interesting that edoras erza can use a ten commandment weapon. If the weapon truly is the same as the one in rave then she might actually be superior to the earthland erza. Explosion, silfarion, runesave, blue crimson, melforce, gravity core, millions sun, sacrifar, eisenmeteor and ravelt are very strong powers and could prove to be more than what the real erza could handle. Not only these ten powers are remarkably versatile but they could be combined to form even more powers -as was done a few times in rave-. In particular I think sacrifar, ravelt -or star raver, who knows- and perhaps eisenmeteor could be particularly dangerous for erza. Sacrifar, if similar to the one in rave, could be more destructive than anything erza has shown so far. Ravelt(star raver) are basically the ultimate forms of the sword. Eisenmeteor was immune to magic so perhaps it could prove troublesome. I also remembered runesave right now. It could be quite troublesome if earthland erza's magic is altogether sealed.

I find it interesting that DS can actually free people from lachrima. I get the impression that having charle and happy take natsu and wendy to edoras was beyond mistgun's calculations. Why not have natsu and wendy take the pills before sending them to edoras? I bet he intended to but could not do it in time. He most likely was not protected from anima so most likely he had to go pretty far away from magnolia to protect himself from it. Once anima was over he probably had to go all the way back to FT to find wendy and natsu but by the time he got there both of them had already crossed over. Once he got to where FT was he found realized both of them were gone and in turn found lucy. Seeing her he rushed explanations, did not mention the purpose of the pills due to it being irrelevant at the moment and simply sent lucy to edoras as fast as he could so that she could protect lucy. Why she did not give pills to lucy to give to natsu and wendy is beyond me though. Perhaps he actually planned for gazille to carry them since he is actually more competent in many regards than natsu and lucy.

There is something I still want to know. Were grey and erza the only people in the lachrima in the city or were they the only ones gazille could free at the moment?

Rarhyx
April 12, 2010, 11:32 AM
love the reference to rave <3
+
did u notice how huge elie's lucy's boobs are?
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/180-105/18

-Ken-
April 12, 2010, 11:46 AM
Love the ten commandments, I wonder if she will use ravelt or Shiba's last sword that never been revealed before in the actual manga? I've seen it before in the volume form special page, but never in the actual manga page. It will be more cool if she use Shiba's weapon. Maybe it can even be the one that is not use before since Shiba's tenth was for Shiba and Haru's ravelt was for Haru.

kkck
April 12, 2010, 12:06 PM
I don't think shiva's actual sword will be seen but it is very possible she will use the actual powers it had while the form will be that of a spear.
[hr]
Wonder how long will it take for wendy to be back in action. Shouldn't she have infinite stamina? I mean, as the sky dragon slayer she should heal her wounds and replenish her magic by eating the air right? That means that as long as she has air she should have infinite stamina right?

monkey D luffy
April 12, 2010, 12:15 PM
just as i said last week, the lachryma that was on display was just erza and gray, thats why only they came. too predictable... but fun

urlaub
April 12, 2010, 12:21 PM
I really didn't think about having a drink to give you back your magic. Quite silly I must say.
Is mistogun a edoras inhabitant then?

poobert
April 12, 2010, 12:22 PM
I don't quite understand what happened. If they extracted the dragon slayer magic, then why can Natsu still breath fire?

Also, MORE GAZELLE! He should go to exaltia and get himself a cat! It is the perfect time for him to get one. Perhaps the panther guy.... he seemed upset by the humans and he doesn't exactly seem as evil as the rest either. Him and Gazelle would get along :D

sarutobi_sensei
April 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
WOW great chapter. I loved it.

Gray all pissed off, Erza all pissed off, damn great :D

Can't wait to see the next chapter.

Edo-erza's weapon is really good imo. I haven't read rave, but I'm really considering right now.

Gazzile is making chaos on the city :D HEHEHEHE :D

So the reason Lucy was great is because of a pill. Bah. Baaaaaaka~~~~~~~

Natsu is all fired up, gogogogogo and bring even more chaos.

Can't wait to see the Edo-FT members appear. I wonder how they'll feel seeing the other FT members :D

Can't wait to see Luxus there also. Imo he was sent there.

I can't wait to also know how the DS are able to free people from Lachryma :x

I don't quite understand what happened. If they extracted the dragon slayer magic, then why can Natsu still breath fire?

Also, MORE GAZELLE! He should go to exaltia and get himself a cat! It is the perfect time for him to get one. Perhaps the panther guy.... he seemed upset by the humans and he doesn't exactly seem as evil as the rest either. Him and Gazelle would get along :D

Well they have a near infinite Magical Power right? So even if they extract most of it, there should still be some left.

Also Gazelle might already have a cat xD

Boagrious
April 12, 2010, 04:48 PM
So. Both Erza's can enhance their body, weapon in some way. Earth Erza is still more sexy. The amount of A** in this episode was fantastic as well.

fizban
April 12, 2010, 06:37 PM
At first I wondered if Erza would get a power boost by claiming the Ten Commandments, but is that something people would even want? Her magic up until now has been more about her armor than any specific weapon. If we gave her such a powerful weapon it would become the central point of all her fights, and we already got enough of that in Rave.

Now if Lucy used her time in Edoras to gain a Dark Cloud Constellation Key...

superman97
April 12, 2010, 07:00 PM
At first I wondered if Erza would get a power boost by claiming the Ten Commandments, but is that something people would even want? Her magic up until now has been more about her armor than any specific weapon. If we gave her such a powerful weapon it would become the central point of all her fights, and we already got enough of that in Rave.

Now if Lucy used her time in Edoras to gain a Dark Cloud Constellation Key...

I would like to see earth erza defeat edoras erza and take her weapon. That would definitely be a nice power-up for her so that she can keep up with Natsu.

ca12nag3
April 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
isnt Natsu carrying a staff on 1 of the covers of the volumes as well as Happy?

ghostexiled
April 12, 2010, 07:47 PM
Again, I will please ask you not to discuss things such as "Lucy's Breasts" and anything regarding how hot someone is. This is to discuss matters that have legitimate standings within the chapter.

We already are aware of how the characters are depicted and do not need to discuss them in this manner.

On topic, I really enjoy how the Mangaka brings elements of Rave into Fairy Tail. Making Edo-Erza's spear be the Ten Commandments and (possibly) Musica's spear is awesome.

I am excited to see that my theory of Erza vs. Erza was right! I would not want it any other way. :)

I do agree that Gazille could of used a better entrance into the arc, but the rest of the chapter made up for it.

It was also awesome to see that, that HUGE chunk of lachryma was just Erza and Gray.

So who will Natsu encounter? I say it will be Mr. Funky-Eyebrows guy. I think Panther Lily will go to Gazille. and the pretty boy guy will go to Gray.

Poops
April 12, 2010, 08:24 PM
It was also awesome to see that, that HUGE chunk of lachryma was just Erza and Gray.

Agreed, that most definitely made my day for sure. Ah the Erza vs Erza was amazing, and I'm glad that it'll continue for more than just this or the next chapter, although I was secretly hoping for maybe 3 whole chapters just dedicated to that fight (:darn impossible, I know, but I still can dream).

The exballs I thought were a great and simple addition, although I do understand the frustration some of you might face with that. Honestly, as Mystogan has been in the Earthland for so many years, it's not doubtful he's made some sort of medication to allow magic in Edoras as well, but that kind of speculation isn't much proof.

I'm honestly sort of disappointed by Natsu regaining all of his powers that quickly (sorry), I felt for the weaker characters, haha. Wish they could get a little more time to shine. I'm really looking forward to seeing Gildarts in this arc though.

elitefox
April 12, 2010, 08:30 PM
Agreed, that most definitely made my day for sure. Ah the Erza vs Erza was amazing, and I'm glad that it'll continue for more than just this or the next chapter, although I was secretly hoping for maybe 3 whole chapters just dedicated to that fight (:darn impossible, I know, but I still can dream).

The exballs I thought were a great and simple addition, although I do understand the frustration some of you might face with that. Honestly, as Mystogan has been in the Earthland for so many years, it's not doubtful he's made some sort of medication to allow magic in Edoras as well, but that kind of speculation isn't much proof.

I'm honestly sort of disappointed by Natsu regaining all of his powers that quickly (sorry), I felt for the weaker characters, haha. Wish they could get a little more time to shine. I'm really looking forward to seeing Gildarts in this arc though.

I was just wondering how did Lucy and the others get the pills if mystogan is still in earth and was not sucked by anima.

Yeah Natsu got back on his feet a second after they were just sucked... normally it would have to be like wendy which is just waking up and not running around.

hongoasdf
April 12, 2010, 09:03 PM
Well, Natsu is the protagonist of a generic, mainstream shounen. They don't get tired even if they have all of their power is drained. He's the kind of character who "doesn't die even if he is killed"

Am I the only one who felt like this revelation of Dragonslayers having some sort of "Anti-Lachryma" hidden ability will prove useful when they face fake, lachryma-induced Dragonslayers, from this point on?

And yes, Gazille deserved a bigger panel.

Lee-tyme7
April 12, 2010, 10:38 PM
Wow I didn't think Edo-Erza was a match for Erza's magic? But the fight was pretty amazing.
LOL at Lucy, she didn't know she ate something given to her by Mistgun to use magic???

kkck
April 12, 2010, 11:53 PM
Wow I didn't think Edo-Erza was a match for Erza's magic? But the fight was pretty amazing.
LOL at Lucy, she didn't know she ate something given to her by Mistgun to use magic???

She did know mistgun have her something, her probably just didn't bother to explain at the moment.
[hr]
So, does this mean gazille did not find his cat? I guess we will find out next chapter. Anyways, it's all out war now. Earthland FT will be freed shortly and edoras FT will also take a part in the war. Certainly the bomb plan will fail so that means we will see the full might of the so called exceed military.

Kravmaga
April 13, 2010, 12:17 AM
She did know mistgun have her something, her probably just didn't bother to explain at the moment.
<hr noshade size="1">
So, does this mean gazille did not find his cat? I guess we will find out next chapter. Anyways, it's all out war now. Earthland FT will be freed shortly and edoras FT will also take a part in the war. Certainly the bomb plan will fail so that means we will see the full might of the so called exceed military.

Whether or not he did at this point, I see gazille's cat being an awesome occasion for a joke at the end of the arc. Just imagine him secretly abducting an exceed back to earthland and trying to train him with a facemask then a while later happy serendipitously discovering him with scratches everywhere except on the face...

p1xel
April 13, 2010, 01:59 AM
Awesome chapter.Erza is going to win this!She never lost yet:P
I was thinking a lot where Gazille was and here he is;P
Whats`up with Lucy?She can use magic without that medicine?
Ok next chapter is full power battle Erza vs.Erza,Happy finds Gazille but they will have to face that panther guy and Natsu gets to the 3rd guy:P
Oh and something with the sick king:P
Yeah,that arc is getting better and better.It was boring in the beginning but the development went good:)

monkey D luffy
April 13, 2010, 03:45 AM

actually i think that old hag who hates humans made the exballs. remember how mystgun hang around with her some time ago? i think thats when she made those pills. so this arc was planned for quite some time now, i dont think people should be upset by this arc anymore. i really love it so far.

urlaub
April 13, 2010, 04:40 AM
IS MISTOGUN AN INHABITANT OF EDORAS?

kkck
April 13, 2010, 07:10 AM
^Why would you have a shred of a doubt about that? I would say former inhabitant though.

urlaub
April 13, 2010, 08:55 AM
Guess my reading was so superficial that I missed the page or managed not to put the obvious together.

ca12nag3
April 13, 2010, 10:53 AM
Well there are some things id like to know about Gerard-Mystogan,

-who sent him on his mission?
-howcome he knows about the inner magic of earthlanders, yet the other mages or edoras dont?
-how did he get the medicine?

iamtenninja
April 13, 2010, 11:37 AM
Medicine doesn't seem like his thing so I would presume that Mystogan went to Polyushka for help, got the medicine, and maybe learned somethings about the Dragon Slayers from her. After all he was asking Wendy to leave town so I take it he didn't know that her Dragon Slayer magic would kick in.

It's becoming quite suspicious that Mystogan's not personally coming to Edoras himself despite sending both Lucy and Gazille (with exballs). I originally thought that he stayed to close any future Anima but now it seems like something's blocking him from returning. It could be both though.

ca12nag3
April 13, 2010, 11:39 AM
Wonder how Gazille got up there btw.... can he fly? lol

iamtenninja
April 13, 2010, 11:46 AM
Up where? If you mean Edoras than Mystogan ran into him and did the same thing he did to Lucy.

meow79
April 13, 2010, 12:43 PM
hmm....it's seem i was right on my guess that Edo environment is interfering with the sense of magic. Seems like the medicine allow one to sense magic properly

Gats
April 14, 2010, 08:03 AM
Sorry, what is wrong with my link ? It's seem fine for me anyway and i removed all the pop-up.

@Mod, Admin: Please help me delete my post if its out of this thread boundary, thank you

I had more problems than pop-up, and usually I don't have any problem with my computer. Maybe it's just me, but it happened twice, so I prefer to warn. :)

Razh
April 14, 2010, 09:09 AM
Heh, cant believe that Ten Commandments is a spear now. Just one more thing that Mashima transferred from Rave Master.

I hope we see some real Dragon Slayer chaos in next chapter.
[hr]

Up where? If you mean Edoras than Mystogan ran into him and did the same thing he did to Lucy.

Or he found his own cat. Or vice-versa.

Zatono
April 14, 2010, 12:52 PM
Even though we've got Gazille, Erza, and Gray back, I'm still hoping Luxus is going to make an appearance. I mean, why wouldn't Mystogan come to Edoras if he wasn't still looking for other people?

Also, I hope Erza takes Edo-Erza's weapon. Ten Commandments in Erza's hands? Oh god.

ca12nag3
April 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
Why do some people keep talking about Luxus? lol. Its rather simple,

-Edoras arc <> Edoras Gerard
-Dragonslayers can counter the Stonespell <>Natsu,Wendy,Gazille
-FT got absorbed by anima <> FT members
-Edoras is the home of Exceed <> Happy,Charle

So that meens.

-no Gerard
-no Ultear
-no Jose or Phantom
-in other words, no other characters from earthland other then FT members (so no Luxus)

Unlucky Boy
April 14, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hmm if people could be turned into a lachryma that is a source of magic, could it be that the lachrymas of Laxus, Cobra and other fake dragon slayers are made of real dragons? Ivan once said those kind of lachryma are very rare and expensive...

ca12nag3
April 14, 2010, 01:52 PM
Too early to tell i think, we know so little about dragons and dragonslayers in this story.

iamtenninja
April 15, 2010, 02:22 PM

So that meens.

-no Gerard
-no Ultear
-no Jose or Phantom
-in other words, no other characters from earthland other then FT members (so no Luxus)

Well it's not that we expect Luxus to show up but rather we support the idea that Luxus could use this time (where the whole guild was captured) to sort of redeem himself. Before the exballs, I supported Luxus showing because I liked the idea that his dragon-slayer lachryma would allow him to cast magic in Edoras and be an overall badass.

ca12nag3
April 15, 2010, 04:08 PM
I just dont think it works like that, Luxus is a stand alone character typ since hes related to Makarov. So now and then i recon he will show up but his role will be minor. His only mayor apearance was his own arc.
I dont think he has that much more value then that.

All the important character (save for Zeref,Gerard & Ultear)(Mystogan unknown?) are already in Edoras, alive or turned to lachryma.

~FrienD~
April 15, 2010, 05:06 PM
wow erza used all the rave power

hongoasdf
April 15, 2010, 07:25 PM

So that meens.

-no Gerard
-no Ultear
-no Jose or Phantom

I wouldn't be so sure about those two. There's always the possibility of Gerard showing up (Even more so if the arc includes Mystogan), and Urtear's been shown after arcs she seemingly had nothing to do with.

Though I agree with the Luxus part. I see no reason whatsoever for him to appear at Edoras. Even if there's the possibility of him knowing about this other world (He did know Mystogan's face... but it's a long shot from there to knowing his real identity and the existance of Edoras)

FluffBall
April 16, 2010, 03:01 AM
Heh, cant believe that Ten Commandments is a spear now. Just one more thing that Mashima transferred from Rave Master.

I hope we see some real Dragon Slayer chaos in next chapter.
<hr noshade size="1">

Or he found his own cat. Or vice-versa.

it was funny when he was like why don't i have a cat like the others in the chapters before.

anyways how does mist gun make or get that medicine thing? how did gazille turn grey and erza back from lachryma to people again?

Jadedmariner
April 16, 2010, 03:59 AM
it was funny when he was like why don't i have a cat like the others in the chapters before.

anyways how does mist gun make or get that medicine thing? how did gazille turn grey and erza back from lachryma to people again?

We don't really know about the potion, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it turns out he is infact the Edo Gerard. The Dragon Slayers supposedly just possess the ability to transform the Lachryma back into people.

Marche
April 16, 2010, 04:16 AM
We don't really know about the potion, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it turns out he is infact the Edo Gerard. The Dragon Slayers supposedly just possess the ability to transform the Lachryma back into people.In fact I am sure than He is the Gerard of Edoras.
And I am also sure than she will stop the fight between the two Erza, and in someway she will make a turn up to the Edo Erza (she will betray the king).

joshua019
April 16, 2010, 11:08 AM

So that meens.

-no Gerard
-no Ultear
-no Jose or Phantom

they dont have to be human they cud be exceed like the blue-pegasus dude....

i wonder if there is a earthland happy and charle

Sage ninetail
April 16, 2010, 11:59 AM
for me this chapter shows that mistogun is gerald from edoras. it seems like he is ready and prepare to this.he knows how magic works and the purpose of the dragon slayer. i like the fight between the two erza. next time I hope we will see mistogun and edo-fairy and have some explaination.

ca12nag3
April 16, 2010, 12:32 PM
they dont have to be human they cud be exceed like the blue-pegasus dude....

i wonder if there is a earthland happy and charle

your quoting me wrong. I said no earthland (etc) ofc its possible a edoras Luxus shows up but not a earthland one.

kkck
April 16, 2010, 12:46 PM
I don't get how is it that there is doubt mistgun is from edoras. Is there even a shred of evidence against it? Even the most absurd and implausible one? HE MENTIONED ARRIVING TO "THIS WORLD".

biron
April 17, 2010, 02:51 AM
hope we get to see gazzile kicking some ass
also erzas spear is kind of cheap

Razh
April 17, 2010, 07:41 PM
hope we get to see gazzile kicking some ass
also erzas spear is kind of cheap

It is cheap in a way. Haru in Rave Master had to work for the Ten Commandments to be as awesome. Reducing such an item to something that will be pawned in the matter of chapters seems too cheap.

Amyway, I still hope that the coolest character from Rave will appear in some way. Uta the Eternal (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rave_master/v33/c276/9.html).

MSofAofCOCA
April 17, 2010, 08:03 PM
luxus left magnolia after he was disscommunicated, so i really doubt earthland!luxus would show up, but just b/c he's been ex-communicated in earthland, doesn't mean that in edolas....
moving on.......apart from giving Charle's and Happy's backgrounds, how the heck is this arc cannon?!
there've been some hints, maybe dragonslayers will find some clues about the whole 7/7/777 deal and the dragons, but until then - this arc is like filler........kinda sad, but at least it's picking up now =P

Unlucky Boy
April 17, 2010, 11:56 PM
Luxsus will most probably be in the center of the next arc.
Now that Gildartz (the old rival of Ivan) is back, and when FT will be back from Edolas after they learn more about lachrymas and how DS can dismantle them, the war with Raven Tail can start.

MSofAofCOCA
April 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
i have a feeling the Earthland gov is going to go into a major WTF session with Fairy Tail when they and the town return lol.....that may be the next ark/part of next ark. but yeah, i can't wait until the Luxus-Ivan-RavenTail ark starts....

Oiily
April 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
Is there a chapter coming out this week btw ? :)

iamtenninja
April 18, 2010, 02:40 PM
There's a raw of the next chapter apparently available so I would say yes.
Still waiting for Mystogan to show up dammit!

ghostexiled
April 18, 2010, 09:33 PM
There have been a huge issue as of lately with raws being distributed online and in most cases before the actual magazines hit the stands.

So the publishers of said mags are and will be going after any major raw providers and shutting them down. This in turn will (for some time) effect how and when raws will be provided to MH or any other manga site.

When the raw is released, it will be posted. Till then, please sit tight and please be patient. :)

meow79
April 18, 2010, 11:38 PM
It is cheap in a way. Haru in Rave Master had to work for the Ten Commandments to be as awesome. Reducing such an item to something that will be pawned in the matter of chapters seems too cheap.

Amyway, I still hope that the coolest character from Rave will appear in some way. Uta the Eternal (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rave_master/v33/c276/9.html).

Not really.....i think the spear may actually end up as one of Earthland Ezra weapon. Remember what she have now is just an armour suit. Now give her a weapon that has 10 forms, that can be charged by her magical powers after she defeated her sadist parallel will make her a bloody power house. Magical Armour + 10 commandment spear = Ownage Earthland Ezra:D

kkck
April 19, 2010, 12:10 AM
There have been a huge issue as of lately with raws being distributed online and in most cases before the actual magazines hit the stands.

So the publishers of said mags are and will be going after any major raw providers and shutting them down. This in turn will (for some time) effect how and when raws will be provided to MH or any other manga site.

When the raw is released, it will be posted. Till then, please sit tight and please be patient. :)

Always wondered why publishers did not get rid of most raw providers and scanlations before. They are so easy to find, I don't really see why they would neglect this. I guess little by little they are gonna attack scanlations and raws and that sort of things...

ghostexiled
April 19, 2010, 12:20 AM
^The main issue that has them in a world of fit, is the fact that raws are being released online before the magazines even get to stores for the public. So with this happening, they are seeing it as a HUGE threat to not only to them, but to also the Mangaka.

Raw-paradise was the first to feel the wrath of the magazines. As you know, that site was the king of the hill as far as how we here were getting our raws.

Anyway, this thread is not the place to be discussing this matter. The matter has been pretty much covered... so there should be no asking where the raw is. It will be here when it gets here.

Newkerzy
April 19, 2010, 01:11 AM
I think we'll still be getting raws on time since mangastream's raw provider isn't public. Well, that is if they don't track him down first.

Krono
April 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
Raw-paradise was the first to feel the wrath of the magazines. As you know, that site was the king of the hill as far as how we here were getting our raws.

It's probably worth mentioning that Raw-Paradise didn't feel their wrath so much as they heeded their latest warning shot. For Raw-Paradise being gone and redirected, RP did that themselves.

Also probably worth mentioning is that yes there is a chapter this week.

Oiily
April 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
An update on mangastream says it will be out in 3-4 hours now :) Should be a raw out but nvm now il just wait xD

LoS
April 19, 2010, 09:44 PM
They are hardly ever correct on their ETA's. Sometimes as far off as 6 hours or so. Hopefully it comes out before I go to sleep, that is all I care about.

ghostexiled
April 19, 2010, 10:36 PM

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/181/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/1

ghostexiled
April 19, 2010, 10:40 PM
There is a teaser post in the spoiler thread. (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59821)

Please no more posts about the chapter coming out. When it does then you can hop over to the Spoiler thread and discuss it.

LoS
April 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
Make sure you read those in ascending order. The top most image is page 4, while the bottom most is page 1.

llamapie
April 20, 2010, 01:16 AM
Full chapter is up:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/1

bittman
April 20, 2010, 01:30 AM
Well we all guessed Panther Lily was an exceed...

Looks like Mashima is sizing up all the battles at the moment like they usually do. And now we'll just cut between them as people win here and there I guess.

Nice to see things kept simple in that all Gazille needed to do was smash the lachryma. It's rare we get things explained or analysed deeply, and it's sort of how I'm beginning to enjoy Fairy Tail. Not reading this to have some sort of life revelation, but as light entertainment. As light entertainment, especially that targetted at young adults, Fairy Tail is keeping a fairly solid standard.

LoS
April 20, 2010, 01:36 AM
reading this as light entertainment.

I would hope no one is looking for any deeper meaning, mystery sleuthing. The occasional laugh is good enough; although, that said this arc in particular has been much too straight forward. In the sense that it is almost entirely too predictable.

iamtenninja
April 20, 2010, 01:39 AM
Love Sugarboy's appearance: "This is fun~ No , really, this is a lot of fun."

Shake
April 20, 2010, 01:56 AM
haha I laughed when there was really an amusement park, great motivation to get eternal magic. Also loved to see the iron dragon slayer getting some action. It's been a while.

ghostexiled
April 20, 2010, 01:58 AM

You can get the current chapter here. (http://mangahelpers.com/m/fairy-tail/chapters/182/)

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/182-136/1

LoS
April 20, 2010, 01:59 AM
I just sincerely hope that post this arc Gazille isn't paired up with Tiger Lilly as another Neko - Dragon Slayer pairing. Assuming the pairings will continue(to be revealed), which as of now they shouldn't but who knows Mashima might decide to make something up further on down the line.

So who wants to guess the future fight pairings? Does Natsu or Lucy stay along with Gray to battle the two Royal Guards? Leaving the other to move on to face the King possibly?

Does Wendy get delayed by the Monkey looking adviser, the King? Does she have to fight the Exceed Queen?

ghostexiled
April 20, 2010, 02:15 AM
Anyway, I still hope that the coolest character from Rave will appear in some way. Uta the Eternal (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rave_master/v33/c276/9.html).
Well he did not... but his weapon did! (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/16) :D

I am enjoying the manga, always have been and always will be. Again I stress, if you have read his previous series, then you know what you are in for.

There doesn't always have to be twist and turns and OMG Epic scenes all the time. I enjoy this manga for the reasons that others may not. It is an easy going and at times predictable series... so what? At least it is not getting all lost in it's shadow like some other series have!

Anyway, on topic...

I totally called Lilly being an Exceed, one of the first as well! :p

I like the fact that Wendy is going off by herself (save Charlie) because I was worried she would just be a "support" DS to Gazille and Natsu.

Also, you know that Gazille is totally going to eat Lily's sword! :grin

btw, has Natsu forgot about his motion sickness? With the statement of him wanting to actually go into the park. :) I am sure that weakness will be exploited here... fo sho!

LoS
April 20, 2010, 02:22 AM
Well he did not... but his weapon did! (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/16) :D

Not a fan of the weapon Tiger Lilly uses, it is absurdly big, nearly lol worthy big. If the latter does happen, I would for sure rotfl.

btw, has Natsu forgot about his motion sickness? With the statement of him wanting to actually go into the park. :) I am sure that weakness will be exploited here... fo sho!

Hence why I believe he would be the one to move on an progress deeper into the palace to seek out the King.

ghostexiled
April 20, 2010, 02:26 AM
as far as pairings go...

Natsu vs. arrow eye-brows... because of the little heated conversation earlier between them.

Gray vs. Sugar Boy

I think Lucy will manage to keep going on and probably run into the King and his old ass servant man.

Not a fan of the weapon Tiger Lilly uses, it is absurdly big, nearly lol worthy big. If the latter does happen, I would for sure rotfl.
That is the point... I am sure (if it was like the Rave battle) there will be many jokes referencing why he is using such an absurb weapon. :)

LoS
April 20, 2010, 02:36 AM
as far as pairings go...

Natsu vs. arrow eye-brows... because of the little heated conversation earlier between them.

Gray vs. Sugar Boy

I think Lucy will manage to keep going on and probably run into the King and his old ass servant man.

That is the point... I am sure (if it was like the Rave battle) there will be many jokes referencing why he is using such an absurb weapon. :)

I can easily see those predictions come true. I only said Natsu vs. King because I want to see it(selfish of me I know).

I don't know if Gazille will be making the jokes though, he isn't too witty with his sarcasm/humorous. It will probably be happy throwing in the one liner remark here and there.

Kravmaga
April 20, 2010, 02:36 AM

I am enjoying the manga, always have been and always will be. Again I stress, if you have read his previous series, then you know what you are in for.

There doesn't always have to be twist and turns and OMG Epic scenes all the time. I enjoy this manga for the reasons that others may not. It is an easy going and at times predictable series... so what? At least it is not getting all lost in it's shadow like some other series have!

Anyway, on topic...

I totally called Lilly being an Exceed, one of the first as well! :p

I like the fact that Wendy is going off by herself (save Charlie) because I was worried she would just be a "support" DS to Gazille and Natsu.

Also, you know that Gazille is totally going to eat Lily's sword! :grin

I'm almost relieved that some people at least are taking FT's plot lightly and enjoying as I have for quite a while... =)
IIRC, Mashima himself once mentioned that Ft is meant to be a break from all these series that take themselves too seriously "I want to encourage readers to just have fun reading this story and not think too deeply about it. Just come along with Natsu and enjoy the adventure!"

Back to business, now that we've finally gotten to the fighting stage, I'm starting to see some of the matchups coming up... Anyone for wendy+charles VS coco? Not that I support rigid enforcement of weight brackets, I'd be equally happy to see them going for biro for some payback... Happy+gazille vs pantherlily also seems very interesting; no sappy story behind it, no underestimating or holding back, just two men who dislike words with nothing personal in it!

sarutobi_sensei
April 20, 2010, 06:46 AM
Wow really big ass sword xD

So it's basically proven, Panther Lily will become Gazille's cat, more like Panther but who cares, it's a feline

Loved how Gazille asked if Happy was alright and then he said: I simply smash it xD

Where is mystogan anyway.

Natsu's reaction to Erza vs Erza was freaking AWESOME ;D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

Epic.

hongoasdf
April 20, 2010, 06:55 AM
It's official: Gazilles cat will be Pantherlily. Now all that remains is for Pantherlily to actually be a female, and my predictions will be complete.

Face it. That would be a fun twist (The gender, not the pairing).

Anyways, a nice setup chapter. I believe people will find it hard to complain about this one, except for the lack of Erza vs Erza-ness, but in return, we get to see a lot more fights simultanously.

So yea, Hughes vs Natsu, Gray vs Sugarboy. Lucy... perhaps she'll fight Byro, but I wouldn't discard Mystogan appearing at this point to fight either him or Faust. Then again, Lucy's got to have her fight this arc (As every other arc), so I'm guessing the King will be left for Mystogan. Or, you know... Mashima might surprise us all with the match-ups somehow. He likes doing that. Maybe Natsu will move on and Lucy will fight Hughes / Sugarboy. Wendy will meet the Queen.

Lolamusementpark. Lolsugarboy.

Ero-Sanji
April 20, 2010, 07:01 AM
I'm sure Panther Lily is going to join Gazille, the question is how big is he going to be?
About the fights I guess Gray will face the guy with the hair while Lucy fights the crazy one. Natsu however will face the king.

Unlucky Boy
April 20, 2010, 07:22 AM
Lucy should use Gemini now on sugarboy or Huges to find where the king's room is.
I actually think they're going to fight 3 vs. 2 or Gray might say "leave them to me" and both Natsu and Lucy will go forward, anyway I dont think Lucy can win against one of them which should be equal in power to Erza. She can win against Coco lol.
I really want to see the captains' powers... so far it seems like they depend on weapons magic so maybe one of them could be a silver claimer.

I dont know who Wendy is going to face, but I can totally see her almost losing and then Mistgun showing up finally and saves her.

kkck
April 20, 2010, 08:39 AM
Interesting chapter.

I am a tad surprised by mashima's crudeness here. DS magic was supposed to turn the lachrima into people but to just have to literally hit it with DS magic was a tad surprising. Still, gazille was just so close.... I think this confirms lily is some form of exceed. I think he is an hybrid though, obviously human and exceed.

So we have seen two flashbacks from rave now. We have seen the ten commandments and uta's power. I get the impression the remaining commanders will also have power from other rave characters. I think the skinny commander -not sugarboy- will actually use a magic similar to what musica had, he'd be a silver claimer. It'd be a good fight against grey lol. Dunno what power sugarboy might have though.
[hr]
Oh, a prediction. The reason people in earthland can't use magic is because of the floating islands.
http://www.mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/3
It was said the islands preserve the balance of magic. It does not make sense that magic needs to be balanced in a world that so severely lacks it so I think it is a pretty save bet destroying this islands will give everyone infinite magic. Dunno how such a thing would happen though.

I hope gazille free's everyone soon. I doubt they have enough pills for everyone but there should be at least enough of them to provide elfman, makarov and gildarts with magic. It'd be fairy law time here.

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 20, 2010, 10:16 AM
This chapter was such an epic win, i loved Natsu's reaction to the two Erzas fighting lol I don't know if i agree with what everybody is saying about Panther Lily being Gajeel's exceed, i mean i don't see why he would need one now, especially since the exceed were only sent to find dragon slayers to bring to Edoras, although it would be cool if the Exceed had some other use for dragon slayers, like a short of temporary power up, or even something to do with the Dragons returning, otherwise i don't see why Panther would join up with Gajeel :s.

LoS
April 20, 2010, 11:15 AM
That's what I'm sayng, can we in the future meet Dragon Slayers without cats? Can we only continue with the few we already have only for the sake of companionship?

By the way, when the heck is the Edoras Fairy Tail crew going to show up?

Also, what kind of relationship do you think Tiger Lilly had with the Exceed Queen to cause him to defect and switch sides? He is related to her, her confidant, lover... Did she betray him in some way?

ghostexiled
April 20, 2010, 11:25 AM
I for one am not on the same theory that Lily will be Gazille's cat.

I think he is either A.) Human mixed with Exceed thru the mad scientist guy or B.) an Exceed given some sort of magic boost, turning him into a powerhouse exceed.

Mystogun will be the one to confront the King.

I think the battles will play out like they will, but the good guys will start to lose ground and in that moment Edo FT will step in and help them out.

goldb
April 20, 2010, 11:34 AM

I think he is either A.) Human mixed with Exceed thru the mad scientist guy or B.) an Exceed given some sort of magic boost, turning him into a powerhouse exceed.

I think the battles will play out like they will, but the good guys will start to lose ground and in that moment Edo FT will step in and help them out.

More or less like that. I don't where that Lilly/Gajeel theory came out from; that's very left field O_o. I think that Mistogan will also only show up when things aren't going for Earth-FT and and they have met the king, and I think there will be some kinda conversation which will reveal some stuff on Mistogan.

Panther Lily's sword was ridicilous huge and I don't think Gajeel will beat him alone, Edo FT anyone?

llamapie
April 20, 2010, 12:19 PM

Ya even though mistogan hasn't really been in this arc since the beginning I'm fairly certain this is going to be his arc. I totally agree he will be the one who gets to the king first and he may already be there.

Evil3ye
April 20, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm a little disappointed that we see like nothing of the Erza fight. Hope they're just saving it as for the final of these general battles.
Lluvia cover was awesome, I really would like to see her in this arc.

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
I'm a little disappointed that we see like nothing of the Erza fight. Hope they're just saving it as for the final of these general battles.
Lluvia cover was awesome, I really would like to see her in this arc.

agreed, i'd like to see more of the Erza vs. Erza fight too : ) but i hope Earthland Erza takes the ten commandments spear, then she'd probably be the same level as Laxus. But yeah me too i'd like to see Edoras Gray and Eartland Lluvia together, that would be interesting lol.:D

Aikidoka
April 20, 2010, 06:09 PM
lol at the "I wouldn't be surprised if there's an amusement park here in the castle" and then BAM! Fave moment in the whole manga.

And then Sugarboy's entrance...XD

Agreed with Panther Lily becoming Gazille's cat companion. I was wondering why Mashima inserted that seemingly useless sequence of Gazille looking for cats, now I see why.

Poops
April 20, 2010, 06:37 PM
agreed, i'd like to see more of the Erza vs. Erza fight too : ) but i hope Earthland Erza takes the ten commandments spear, then she'd probably be the same level as Laxus.

Damn, that'd be sweet!
Anyway, in a typical shounen match-up, it would definitely be Gajeel vs. Pantherlilly, Erza vs. Erza, Gray vs. Sugarboy, Lucy vs. Hughes, and Natsu going after Faust. However, my theory is that Mystogan will show up beside Gajeel and fight Pantherlilly in his stead while he frees the remainder of the guild - I thought of this just as Happy asked why Mystogan wasn't here; this arc is definitely an important arc about him and he won't pass by this one without a real fight, haha.

I can imagine that Natsu will be fighting with Lucy and Gray to begin with, but then there may be some sort of announcement made by Faust that urges them that they don't have anymore time left, and Gray will urge Natsu to leave the fight to them so he can search for the king. Of course for Wendy, she will meet Shagotte to convince her to join forces with Fairy Tail temporarily, and her fight will most likely be Byro/Coco or an Exceed. :eyeroll

MORE ERZA VS. ERZA!!

Zatono
April 20, 2010, 06:47 PM
Ya even though mistogan hasn't really been in this arc since the beginning I'm fairly certain this is going to be his arc. I totally agree he will be the one who gets to the king first and he may already be there.

I feel like the King would Aizenstomp Mystogan, just because Panther Lily is scared of the guy.

Krono
April 20, 2010, 11:27 PM
Personally I figure Mystogan is more likely to deal with the queen of Extalia. After all, Wendy's the one he's been looking out for, and Extalia is where she's headed. Plus there are plenty of people working to deal with the king, but no one operating against the queen.

iamtenninja
April 21, 2010, 12:52 AM
The problem is why hasn't he shown up yet? Is he aware of the "war" that's going on or is he still looking for people to send to Edoras? There's still other reasons but I'm personally thinking something is preventing him specifically from returning to Edoras (like a barrier or curse or something). If he did show up then I'd say he'd take on BOTH the King and Queen lol Though your reasoning is very believable and I can agree with it as well.

kkck
April 21, 2010, 07:41 AM
I don't think panther could even be gazille's exceed. He is looks far to dignified for such a purpose. A sidekick/pet of that nature needs a more critter-ish look.

Franklyn D. Kieran
April 21, 2010, 10:04 AM
Damn, that'd be sweet!
Anyway, in a typical shounen match-up, it would definitely be Gajeel vs. Pantherlilly, Erza vs. Erza, Gray vs. Sugarboy, Lucy vs. Hughes, and Natsu going after Faust. However, my theory is that Mystogan will show up beside Gajeel and fight Pantherlilly in his stead while he frees the remainder of the guild - I thought of this just as Happy asked why Mystogan wasn't here; this arc is definitely an important arc about him and he won't pass by this one without a real fight, haha.

I can imagine that Natsu will be fighting with Lucy and Gray to begin with, but then there may be some sort of announcement made by Faust that urges them that they don't have anymore time left, and Gray will urge Natsu to leave the fight to them so he can search for the king. Of course for Wendy, she will meet Shagotte to convince her to join forces with Fairy Tail temporarily, and her fight will most likely be Byro/Coco or an Exceed. :eyeroll

MORE ERZA VS. ERZA!!
Yeah i think you are right about the fight's and i think Natsu will definately go off for a more important fight aswell as Lucy, and Gray will beat them both by himself, or maybe even the Edoras Gray will come along to help him? and we get to see both their powers alongside each other that would be awesome.

Yeah Wendy's fight wont be somebody too powerful i bet, but i would love to see some more of her Air Dragon Slayer moves! we havn't really seen her fight much, so i'd love to see some new moves.

rivermask
April 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
There's something that's been bothering me.

If you remember a few chapters ago, when the Lachryma in town was first introduced, Faust hit it and part of it cracked and broke off.
Now we find out that the crystal was Gray and Erza.... could this possibly affect their magic or something?

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/174/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/174/19/

ca12nag3
April 21, 2010, 07:13 PM
I dont think so, its a collection of their total magical force, as how they exist at the moment. When turned back they are reformed into their original self.
I recon if it wouldnt matter if it were chrystal, chunks or dust. As long as it isnt used.

senewe
April 21, 2010, 09:15 PM
guys, I think that giant lachryma that floating is not big enough.

compare this http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/12
and this http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/174/14-15/

what about the floating lachryma is actaually makarov and not the entire guild...

kkck
April 21, 2010, 11:22 PM
Can't wait to see gazille win this one and release everyone from the lachrima. How awesome would it be to see makarov kick some ass along with gildarts?
[hr]

guys, I think that giant lachryma that floating is not big enough.

compare this http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/181-127/12
and this http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/174/14-15/

what about the floating lachryma is actaually makarov and not the entire guild...

I would think the floating lachrima is more than ten times larger than the one at the street though. I do think a vast mayority of that lachrima is made out of makarov, gildarts, mira, lluvia and elfman -say 50-60%?- and the rest would be made of the hundreds and probably thousands of citizens of magnolia and FT mages.

fizban
April 21, 2010, 11:59 PM
There's something that's been bothering me.

If you remember a few chapters ago, when the Lachryma in town was first introduced, Faust hit it and part of it cracked and broke off.
Now we find out that the crystal was Gray and Erza.... could this possibly affect their magic or something?

http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/174/18/
http://www.onemanga.com/Fairy_Tail/174/19/

That crystal shard was just Gray's clothes ;)
~I don't advocate one liners, but this one I will let slide just on lulz alone! :) ~GhostE

senewe
April 22, 2010, 02:22 AM
Can't wait to see gazille win this one and release everyone from the lachrima. How awesome would it be to see makarov kick some ass along with gildarts?
<hr noshade size="1">

I would think the floating lachrima is more than ten times larger than the one at the street though. I do think a vast mayority of that lachrima is made out of makarov, gildarts, mira, lluvia and elfman -say 50-60%?- and the rest would be made of the hundreds and probably thousands of citizens of magnolia and FT mages.

It doesn't look like more than 10 times larger. for me it looks like 10 times larger only, which I think not big enough to represent magic's power of entire guild (and magnolia ppl).. and don't forget about luxus' bodyguards.

goldb
April 22, 2010, 07:38 AM
It doesn't look like more than 10 times larger. for me it looks like 10 times larger only, which I think not big enough to represent magic's power of entire guild (and magnolia ppl).. and don't forget about luxus' bodyguards.

Remember not everyone can use magic. So most of the commoners in Magnolia are just that. I agree with kkck in saying that the lachryma crystal largely consists of Makarov, Mirajane, Gildarts ,Elfman, etc's magic power. I'm thinking by the time they are freed from the crystal, there won't be many enemies left to deal with because it'd just be a ridiculously uneven battle power-wise.

Lmao at the amusement park scene and Sugarboy on the Merry-go-round, AND also Natsu running away from the Erza vs Erza battle.

kkck
April 22, 2010, 08:06 PM

Take a look at the fight between gazille and panther lily. Note how gazille pretty much has enough room to fight the guy even though his own fighting style is quite destructive and panther has a huge sword. The place -and by extension the lachrima- are much larger than what is apparent.

Unlucky Boy
April 23, 2010, 12:36 AM
The giant lachryma looks much bigger to me.
Dont forget that it is 3D so if it's 10 times higher, then the total volume should be 1000 times greater.

kkck
April 23, 2010, 01:12 AM
true enough. The lachrima in the town is probably just a tip of the many lachrima towers shown...

hongoasdf
April 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
This has probably been said, and if not, many have probably thought of it. The lachrymas most likely represent the Guild Member's (Or the entire town's) raw magical power. If Erza's and Gray's were only the tip of one of the "towers"... Whose is all that remains? I imagine the rest of the guild members and towns people make up only another small fraction of the whole thing. Are Makarov and Gildartz really that much powerful as compared to the likes of Erza and Gray?

Erza seemed to be holding her ground against José, a mage supposedly of the same level as Makarov... So is Makarov more powerful than what he displays?

Or perhaps... a more far-fetched theory with little base, but there may have been another great source of magic in Magnolia at the time Anima absorbed it.

Or most likely, I'm overthinking things.

Krono
April 23, 2010, 03:36 PM
This has probably been said, and if not, many have probably thought of it. The lachrymas most likely represent the Guild Member's (Or the entire town's) raw magical power. If Erza's and Gray's were only the tip of one of the "towers"... Whose is all that remains? I imagine the rest of the guild members and towns people make up only another small fraction of the whole thing. Are Makarov and Gildartz really that much powerful as compared to the likes of Erza and Gray?

The big lachryma represents the entire town's raw magical power. So the guild, the townspeople (I'm not sure if we've even been given a population count, but it's probably ten thousand or more), and all the magical items they've got scattered around the stores and homes.

iamtenninja
April 23, 2010, 05:59 PM
We're probably not given the real scale of the giant lachryma compared to the smaller "chunk" that was Erza and Gray but yeah, it's not only the guild but the whole town, the people, and anything magic-related that was absorbed by Anima and converted.

Marche
April 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
]I think than in the next chapter the member of Fairy Tail of this world will help Gazille, the will fight against the "exceed phanter", so Gazille will crush the Lacrymia (I hope than I have write in the right way).
Or perhaps the phanter himself (because he is a exceed) will betray (I don't believe it).
I also think than Mistgun (than I think he is the "Gerard" of this world) will stop the fight between the two Erza.
And in the chapter 183 (or perhaps after) will convince the Erza (that of this word) to betray the king.

Anyways... this chapter will quit normally or it will be in hiatus as the manga of Shonen Jump??????

Zeltrax
April 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
uh.
is it just me or is the arc ending soon?
I hope not, cos it seems a little too fast . . .

kkck
April 24, 2010, 01:39 PM
uh.
is it just me or is the arc ending soon?
I hope not, cos it seems a little too fast . . .

Not really.... FT arcs usually have around 35 chapters each and this one has gone for around 15 chapters. It should be about halfway done. The fights against the commanders will probably go for around 1 or 2 chapters each so just that will take around 6 chapters. Then there is the whole exceed extermination thing. The queen has yet to be introduced. The humans are likely to have a backup plan for exterminating the exceed too IMO. Edoras FT has yet to participate and mistgun has yet to appear in the arc. That is just the predictable stuff, there are likely to be many plot twists to go. I would think mashima can easily have this arc last 20 more chapters.

Poops
April 24, 2010, 02:12 PM
Not really.... FT arcs usually have around 35 chapters each and this one has gone for around 15 chapters. It should be about halfway done. The fights against the commanders will probably go for around 1 or 2 chapters each so just that will take around 6 chapters. Then there is the whole exceed extermination thing. The queen has yet to be introduced. The humans are likely to have a backup plan for exterminating the exceed too IMO. Edoras FT has yet to participate and mistgun has yet to appear in the arc. That is just the predictable stuff, there are likely to be many plot twists to go. I would think mashima can easily have this arc last 20 more chapters.

Then don't forget where everything ties up (1 chap or so), and then... THE PARTY WITH EVERYONE FROM EARTHLAND FT AND EDORAS FT~~ I also wouldn't be surprised with the Exceed showed up too :D:D:D:D.

goldb
April 24, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quick question. Do you think once everything is sorted Mystogan will opt to stay in Edoras with their FT? or go back with his guild and become a more active member.

kkck
April 24, 2010, 08:32 PM
Quick question. Do you think once everything is sorted Mystogan will opt to stay in Edoras with their FT? or go back with his guild and become a more active member.

I would think that is the case. Does earthland need two gerards? Not really, one is more than enough at the moment. FT is also very overpowered, just look at how many mages comparable to the ten holy mages they have. Makarov, gildarts, mistgun, luxus, erza, mira... Natsu at his best is probably about as strong as erza, gazille is somewhere about there too. Grey is just a level below natsu, lluvia is extremely powerful, elfman is comparable in strength to natsu and grey with his full body transformation. Wendy is not a fighter but her magic is extremely remarkable. Lucy has 9 golden keys, if she had just a little more luck she'd be a beast among FT ranks.

Krono
April 24, 2010, 09:39 PM

I'd say he'd probably return to Earthland. It's where he's spent all of his adult life (adult in this case being from the age of twelve or so), and Wendy's there, and he does care for Earthland Fairy Tail. Meanwhile, as far as we know, he has no connection to Edoras Fairy Tail, and quite possibly burned all his bridges when he came to Earthland to try and stop Anima.

It's not a matter of "Does Earthland need two Gerards?" because Gerard and Mystogan are distinctly different characters. It's a matter of "Where does Mystogan fit in best?" and the current answer to that is "as part of Fairy Tail in Earthland."

ca12nag3
April 24, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hmm i got my doubts there, didnt Mystogan say he was on a mission before he even went to FT. <thats when he was taking care of Wendy.
Now concidering he knows so much about Edoras yet he was so young someone must have sent him not just to save Earthland but also for Edoras.
He might go back to or stay in Edoras after all this is over.

Unlucky Boy
April 24, 2010, 11:32 PM
Someone would have to take the king's place and restore Edoras after Faus and his army are defeated...

llamapie
April 24, 2010, 11:46 PM
Someone would have to take the king's place and restore Edoras after Faus and his army are defeated...

Mystogan obviously. :P There is a connection there. He is either ex-royalty or ex-military for the humans. The whole fact he was simply in earthland to stop the anima kind of gives that away. After this arc mystogan is gone, that much is certain.

kazille
April 25, 2010, 07:32 AM
now the question is... is there going to be a chapter this week? cause it's holiday in japan and stuff.. WSJ is not gonna have one..

Marche
April 25, 2010, 08:19 AM
now the question is... is there going to be a chapter this week? cause it's holiday in japan and stuff.. WSJ is not gonna have one..I also want to know that!!!!!!!!
Anyways I also think than Mistgun will stay in Anima with Erza's Anima.

kkck
April 25, 2010, 08:58 AM
It depends, what day is FT usually released in japan?

Krono
April 25, 2010, 03:55 PM
It depends, what day is FT usually released in japan?

Wednesday. And the answer is yes there should be a chapter this week, but not next week. This issue due out on 4/28 is a "double" issue numbering 22-23. Issue 24 would be out on 5/12.

ca12nag3
April 25, 2010, 04:44 PM
A double you say? Hope the art doesnt suffer, well dont expect it will ^^

goldb
April 25, 2010, 05:03 PM
I thought it'd be something like that. Thanks Krono

Krono
April 25, 2010, 06:24 PM
A double you say? Hope the art doesnt suffer, well dont expect it will ^^

The art isn't going to suffer, as it's going to be a normal chapter. The only things that double for a "double" issue are the issue number and the amount of time until the next issue.

Forsaken6
April 26, 2010, 11:27 AM
but are you sure that the adventure of Mistogan end with this arc?
I'm not really sure of this...or maybe I don't want this happen...

P.S.
sorry for my english...
bye from Italy...

Sollum
April 26, 2010, 02:14 PM
Well Mystogans mission was to close up Anima, so if those who control the spell get destroyed, its end of his mission. And i guess Edolas will need a new king.

iamtenninja
April 26, 2010, 04:02 PM
While I like the idea that Mystogan is royal blood, I ultimately think he'll stay in Earthland (aside from being one of my favorite characters) through dedication to Fairy Tail and perhaps Wendy as well.

Seeing how closing Anima goes against both the Kingdom and the Exceed's agenda to absorb magic, he doesn't seem to have any loyalties left in Edoras but that's only counting the characters revealed so far. He might be connected to the Edoras Erza as well.

Chaos Shadow
April 26, 2010, 04:27 PM
mmmm... its a ramdon idea but maeby mashima is triying to low FT power? first he take out luxus and maeby now mistgun(?) well it sounds wayy to crazyy to be possible hahaha

LoS
April 26, 2010, 04:34 PM
Luxus hasn't really even been taken out. He took on two Dragon Slayer's at the same time and wiped the floor with them. And at the end plotki had to have Natsu prevail.

Forsaken6
April 26, 2010, 05:27 PM
well, FT has 3 dragonslayer(Natsu,Gazille e Wendy) and also
Gildarts,Makarov,Grey,Erza,Elfman,LLuvia,Lucy(Aquarius,Taurus,Cancer,Virgo,Sagittarius,Leo,Gemini,Aries,Scorpio)...so even without Mistgun it's really strong.

LoS
April 26, 2010, 05:33 PM
One of the funniest moments of the series is Gazille's hindsight. Back when FT invaded Phantom he felt FT was slighting/looking down on Phantom by not including Luxus, Mist Gun, and Gildartz in their fight.

Hell just one of the above could have taken out every single Phantom member while Makarov kept Jose busy.

Krono
April 26, 2010, 05:49 PM
but are you sure that the adventure of Mistogan end with this arc?
I'm not really sure of this...or maybe I don't want this happen...

P.S.
sorry for my english...
bye from Italy...

No we aren't sure. The only connection Mystogan has to Edoras is that he's from a world other than Earthland, and he's been suppressing Anima. There's a good chance that he's from Edoras, but any connections beyond that is just speculation. We certainly don't have any knowledge of connections that would lead him to abandon Wendy, Earthland's Fairy Tail, and the life he's built for himself to return to a world he left 7 years and has fought against since then. Once his mission is over all it means to our knowledge is that he no longer has to fight. We can't say that he has to return home, because we don't yet know of any home he has other than EL Fairy Tail.

Kravmaga
April 27, 2010, 12:27 AM
New chapter is out:
http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/182-136/1

LoS
April 27, 2010, 12:39 AM
Pretty cut and dry/repetitive chapter. I feel like I have seen this chapter 5 times over already. Natsu looking weak and uncomfortable in moving vehicles, Lucy trying to help out. Lucy near water so what do you know, she relies on Aquarius. Happens every arc it seems.

The only surprise is that Stellar Spirits powers have also been negated.

Grey facing Sugar boy is no surprise either.

Let me guess, all looks bleak and just in the nick of time Edoras Fairy Tail shows up to help out?