PDA

View Full Version : Review Gold Knight's Ten Comments (Naruto 330)

Gold Knight
November 13, 2006, 06:03 PM
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2530/00oj6.jpg
Well, about time! Only took, what, two years?

Sorry about the delay again - I've been fighting a fever for the last five days. But just in case anybody might be worrying about it, no, I'm not quitting Naruto Comments! ;)

Just a little heads up here, we're thinking about creating separate Reviews boards in the appropriate manga sections, so this area (GK's Comments) may not exist anymore next week. Instead, you'll probably be finding my reviews over at the Naruto section in an area that'll be called "Naruto Reviews." Likewise with Djudge's Comments being placed in a similar area the Bleach section. Just so you guys know. All the reviews are beginning to clutter up the Scrapbooks area, so it's probably for the best, and this way other fans might discover our reviews as well. This move will be made on the next RAW Day - which, by the way, happens to be our first year's anniversary here at Mangahelpers. Whee.

Oh, and in case you guys didn't know, we now have OP reviewers, too! Check out White Silver and Garaku's stuff sometimes.

Ok, onward to the chapter. Many thanks to all our translators here and also Fnuckale for cleaning the header at the top of this review. I'm using NBST's scanlation for this edition. They did a very impressive quick-release, even if it's still MQ.

Hope ya enjoy. Don't forget, though, I WAS sick while writing this, so I'll probably have to try to keep it short. Feel free to fill in any blanks for me ;)

* * * Gold Knight's Ten Comments on Naruto Chapter 330: Sad News...!!! * * *

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9938/01yk1.jpg
"Pops" Asuma and his kids.

1. Memento. Finally, a cover. First one since Chapter 322! Not that I minded the absence of portrait-style covers since then, but it was pretty out of character for Kishimoto to have gone that long without giving us one!

So, this week we get an old album-like photo of Team 10 from the old days. Pretty reminisicent of the old Team 7 photo that Sakura was mournfully looking at, too... and the Yondaime team photo that Kakashi had framed in his room. In all cases, the pictures have become exactly what they represented - a memory. Bittersweet memories.

I just have to wonder, though, whether Kishimoto had ever intended for Kakashi to die in similar fashion like Asuma, but that Kakashi's popularity had grown so big, that he felt forced to go with another character instead... oh well, food for thought.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4585/02wi2.png
Another Sarutobi goes down...

2. Another Failed Mission... Sometimes being a Hokage isn't all that, I guess. When people die on you, it's not going to be one of your finest days, that's for sure. The Godaime certainly didn't look happy at all here.

I found the opening panel of Old Sandaime's face on the mountain an interesting way to start the chapter. I think Asuma was expected to follow in his father's footsteps, but his life just didn't turn out that way. But he probably had a reputation similar to a prince's, so news of his death was pretty shocking to the whole village. Well, that and Asuma seemed like a very capable jounin...

And that stony face looked very much like Asuma's there, too... think that wasn't intentional?

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3456/03hs9.png
I hope it doesn't involve any groping...

3. Maybe the King was a Queen...? Hmm. When did Asuma in his dying state ever say anything to the kids about Kurenai? The only time that he must have told Shikamaru was when he was whispering to him about the "King."

So I suppose it was Kurenai after all. If so, Shikamaru seemed too surprised at that, but I guess that could be easily explained in that he's not exactly the brightest bulb when it comes to romance.

But I had thought from the beginning that Asuma's King was Kurenai when he first mentioned it. Changed my mind later on, but should have just followed my gut instinct, huh.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5821/04ss3.png
One ultimate jutsu comin' up!

4. Gettin' There...! Well, guess I gotta pat myself on the back. I predicted about ten weeks in advance that the key to completing the ultimate jutsu would be to use a second bunshin, and looks like I was right. What I don't get though, is why Naruto never thought to do it on his own.

Is he THAT much of a dim bulb? He's more conscious of what his bunshins can do than everybody else around him, so he should have thought of that being a possibility from the start.

Oh well, at least he finally figured it out.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7066/05bg8.png
Iruka's gonna be so crushed.

This part made me chuckle a lot, incidentally.

Also makes me wonder if Kakashi might be reading too many romance novels lately if he's starting to talk like that, but I think he was just overly excited about the progress of his student. I don't think he ever quite figured out how the heck Naruto learned to do the Rasengan so early until now.

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/8711/06oj5.png
Shock! Disbelief! Say What???

5. Ill Tidings...! About time news of Asuma's death finally hit Konohagakure. The reactions of Naruto and Kakashi was exactly how I'd imagined it, too. This is the part I've been waiting for - to see how the village would react.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6953/06ath0.png
Yup... there was definitely something.

I actually kind of expected Kurenai to take it calmly, because after all, wasn't the motto of the ninja to never show any emotion? But looks like Kurenai really had something going with Asuma, because she collapsed and cried into Shikamaru's arms. Poor girl!

This is the second time we've had this happen in the series where a girlfriend suddenly lost her boyfriend. The first was Yugao who lost Hayate, way back in Chapter 137. This time, though, we have more major characters in a similar circumstance - Kurenai and Asuma. So will we see more as a result?

So far it seems just as abrupt as the Yugao situation. We never did see Yugao again after Sandaime's funeral. We didn't get to hear what Kurenai said (though it's obvious she cried), or say anything to make us think she'll be in the next storyarc in a big way. I'm still hoping that Kishimoto does involve Kurenai more at some point, though.

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/6554/07ra0.png
It's a solemn day.

6. Another Funeral...! This time, it's for the son. Just as many people seemed to show up for this procession as they did for the Third Hokage, though. But I wonder how many of these guys were from the Sarutobi clan.

I somewhat wish there'd be some kind of speech about the shinobi's achievements when they do these funerals, though. But guess that's not their custom.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/338/07btx8.png
Well, that's settled, at least.

We DID learn one thing from this event though... Konohamaru was Asuma's nephew, meaning that Asuma had a brother or sister. Could we be seeing the appearance of this sibling sometimes soon?

And hey, you gotta sympathize with Konohamaru here. It's not as shocking as losing an entire clan like Sasuke did, or as demoralizing as having no family like Naruto, but Konohamaru did just lose two very heroic figures from his family in the span of two years and a half. Must be an eye-opening experience for a kid who wants to be Hokage. I mean, if his grandfather and uncle could go down, then it just goes to show him that no matter how powerful he'll get, he'll eventually go out sometimes, too.

Well, not quite as dramatic a scene as when Naruto was asking these questions about death from Iruka back in chapter 139 at Old Sandaime's funeral, but I guess there's no need to rehash all that. This time, though, note that Naruto, instead of Iruka, was the one with his arm around Konohamaru. Heh.

Sidenote: And yes, Naruto's definitely looking more and more Yondaime-like.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/166/08gj0.png
Yay, now I can form my own clouds...!

7. Takin' After His Sensei... Remember when Kakashi shied from appearing at Sandaime's funeral? This time, it's Shikamaru. For the same reasons, I suspect! Kakashi felt guilty about always doing meaningless things back in the past, and Shikamaru probably didn't have any reason to feel differently, considering his usual lazy personality.

I've got to think Asuma's death was the biggest wake-up call that Shikamaru could have ever had. Once again, Shikamaru's abilities wasn't enough to save the day, as it wasn't when his team went up against Orochimaru's cronies in chasing after Sasuke. And if ASUMA himself could go down, then Shikamaru's dreams of having an easy life could just as easily be destroyed, too. And I think he finally realizes it now, that he's gotta do better.

As for Shikamaru's newly-developed smoking habit, ugh. There's absolutely no good reason for anybody to take up smoking, not even for sentimental purposes. What good is being sentimental if it'll kill you in the end? Shikamaru's too smart for that. This is one case where if Kishimoto takes any criticism, it's pretty darn well-deserving. Even if it is realistic, and shows that these kids are slowly becoming NOT kids anymore, it's not exactly good storytelling if it's going to influence kids to do the same thing in real life, and believe me, it will. Kids don't really need much influencing to start with to do stupid things like that in the first place, anyway.

(Yes, I am anti-smoking. I've grown up with two folks who've smoked in my face my entire life, and I'm probably going to die of lung cancer because of it someday :p )

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/1753/09uj8.png
Rooks suck!

8. Your Next Move! Looks to me like Shikamaru's planning his next move here. Asuma was the sacrifical pawn, and now Shikamaru's got to figure out a way to make sure his death wasn't meaningless. Or was he just reliving the scenario and seeing if there had been any way out of it? Probably didn't come to any really good conclusions.

But now that they know about Hidan and Kakuzu's abilities, thanks to Asuma's bravery, Shikamaru will definitely be better prepared to take them on the next time. So in that sense, his death wasn't meaningless - although if not for the reinforcements, it could have been, too...

Sidenote: Nice to see Shikamaru's dad is still alive and kickin'. He's probably my favorite paternal figure in the series.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/879/09bme3.png
I'm.. gonna... be... the... next... Asuma!!!

9. Getting Stronger! Ooo, Shikamaru's adding another move to his arsenal. Looks like Asuma's knuckle blades are going to live on in the series. And judging from all the tedious studying Shikamaru had to do at the library, looks like he must have been learning about wind manipulation and somehow did learn how to control it too.

About time, though. Shikamaru can't really get by with his shadows alone and depending on others to do the dirty job. Sometimes he'll have to do it himself. And he's got the brains to be able to do some nice jutsus, too, so why not?

It's scary when he's motivated. For his enemies, that is.

And something tells me that Shikamaru may still add a twist to these knuckle blades - a shadowy twist. ;)

http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/1438/finbc5.png
Time to go...!

10. Team 10 Setting Out! Looks like we're going to get some serious Team 10 action soon, doesn't it? I wonder if anybody will accompany them on the way - say, Kurenai, for instance. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

But personally, I think it's fine if it's just Team 10 that goes to take care of business. It'll be different, and I certainly hope they manage to take down one of the Akatsuki this time around.

RATING: 4 out of 5 stars. The only thing I obviously didn't like about this chapter was Shikamaru taking up smoking, otherwise I would have given it a 5. Still a very good chapter though and it's going to set up a Team 10 Gaiden it seems.

Predictions: A lot of Team 10 coming up.

Credits: Thanks to NBST, Fnuckale, Winterlion, and the rest of our translators.

Have fun discussing the chapter!

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3441/fin2sv4.png
Homework... so troublesome!
Comment! ;)

WinterLion
November 13, 2006, 06:45 PM
First one to comment. Ya~~y!!

Great comments as usual.

And yeah, that's what I was thinking about Naruto and his jutsu. I think I mentioned it in the last comments as well, and I'm really disappointed by it. Kishi did explain away why Yondaime couldn't complete the jutsu with the bunshin... but as Yondaime create the original rasengan with one hand... it may have been possible for him to use just one bunshin to add the wind element into it. He probably wouldn't have been able to use it much, but he should have been able to at least complete it. Oh well, I guess that point is moot now, but needless to say, I'm really disappointed that Naruto didn't figure out adding another bunshin on his own. And in some ways, Kishi's getting so predictable. *sighs*

Seeing Kurenai break down was really sad for me. I think more sad than Asuma's death in some ways. ;__;

As for dissecting the shougi... I wonder who the Kaku piece next to the Kei piece representing Shika is. Also with the way it's laid out, Shika is after the "king" on the Atatsuki side. I wonder who that is too. And right now the way that it's laid out, for Shika to take out either Kakuzu or Hidan, a sacrifice would have to be made. Either the Kaku piece next to Shika, or Shika himself. I wonder how that's going to play out.

I have a feeling though that if Kurenai is going to join Team 10 in hunting Akatsuki, we'll get to see Kiba, Shino and Hinata too. I don't see them letting Kurenai go off by herself after all this. And I really want to see more of post timeskip Kiba and Akamaru combo.

glasskatana
November 13, 2006, 07:08 PM
Second one to comment WOOHOO!!! (Damn, you beat me to it Winty.) Will comment more later.[br]Posted on: November 13, 2006, 04:48:39 PM_________________________________________________Alright.

First comment. I'm a little dissappointed that all Naruto has to do is add a third clone to make the wind rasengan. It seems like anybody can do that. Yes, I did read that bit about Kakashi saying "only Naruto with his clone abilities could do this" but...come on. Kakashi has been seen making many more than three clones before. And even if no one else can do it with shadow clones, I bet you someone, like the fourth or Kakashi, could do it with water clones. It just seems like a whole bunch of plot-no-jutsu and a little pinch of ridiculousness to me. :notrust

(you did hit it right on the button though GKsr.) Hopefully, Naruto will learn how to do Rasengan 1-handed and then be able to do wind rasengan with two clones. Just my little hopeful (probably won't come true) prediction.

As for the smoking thing, no feelings on it. If manga artists (or comic artists of any kind) always followed what was viewed as wrong or right, or were always worried about little criticisms from adding something like smoking to their comics, all comics would become boring and plain. So what if Shikamaru smokes in the manga. For one, in manga, smoking doens't seem to have any ill effects. For two, hopefully kids aren't SO impressionable that they start smoking just because they saw shikamaru do it. I'm no advocate of smoking, but I don't mind at all that Shikamaru is smoking. I'd actually mind much MUCH more if Kishi had been too afraid of a backlash from anti-smoking people and had decided not to make Shikamaru smoke.

>.>
<.<
Naruto seems to be maturing. He does look very Yondaime-ish in that scene. Let's hope he starts acting more Yondaime-ish in fights.

And finally, I don't think Shikamaru mastered wind chakra. I think all he did was add shadow chakra to the blade (what that means is anybody's guess.) For one, it definitely looks different then what the blade looked like when wind chakra was added. Also, it takes many months to years to master wind chakra unless you use the super-duper Naruto clone method. Remember the whole 6 months to cut a leaf speech. I hope whatever it is Shikamaru managed to figure out with the blades, it's gonna be cool. It better be, I had my heart set on Naruto getting those knuckle-blades.

That's all. Great comments as always. Hope you're feeling better. :amuse

eni
November 13, 2006, 07:25 PM
Nice commends as always, GK. I hope you're getting better soon :)

Yeah, a wonderful chapter. I totally adore this Naruto/Yondy-Pic^^

Kakashi's "love affair" was hilarous. I wasn't prepared for a joke and it made me laughing out loud.
The funeral, short but sad (they should wear such cool clothes more often -.o).

And the Naruto/Yondy-Pic :love

Shika smoking, at least for a shounen maybe it's to much. But somehow for the older readers it gave the chapter a little bit more depth. I personally liked it and I'm an anti-smoker as well, but hey - my son jumped from his bed (1,60 m high) after watching some ninja moves at tv, so smoking isn't what I'm afraid of atm :D

Have i mentioned the Naruto/Yondy-Pic?^^

Natan
November 13, 2006, 07:33 PM
Nice coments, only an little detail in the 5- about that be the second time of lovers be death in mission, I think that this is the trird one obito(if you think he is tobi forget XD) and rin have an similar end so that is it =)

Sorry english me brazilian =)

ibra87
November 13, 2006, 07:56 PM
At last! It's really nice to see that you've healed. Honestly, I am more glad that you're back than for the comments. Hope you've gotten all well now. Here come my comments. Sorry if I type too much though, I guess I've just got too much to talk about, heh:

About the cover, I agree! At some point I got tired of his, well, boring covers that had absolutely nothing to do with the storyline. All of a sudden he comes back with this astonishing one. I'm really happy that he chose to do so. Asuma here looks all caring and parently, which honestly makes me kinda sad (even if I never actually cared about him before).

I found the opening panel of Old Sandaime's face on the mountain an interesting way to start the chapter.The problem here is that he already showed Sandaime's face a couple of chapters ago. This is why this particular start had no impression on me, otherwise it would have been really great.

Maybe the King was a Queen...? Hmm. When did Asuma in his dying state ever say anything to the kids about Kurenai? The only time that he must have told Shikamaru was when he was whispering to him about the "King."
Yes, this got me wondering too! What the hell did he tell Asuma? Shikamaru was all shocked and all, which makes me think it's probably no one important. If it is Naruto, then it's kinda predictable for us readers because of the kyuubi and all. So maybe it was Kurenai. After all, Shikamaru is always saying the women are troublesome and that romance isn't important and all, so maybe telling him that the one you love is the king would really be a shock?

Oh, and could it be that he told Shikamaru to become like him so Kurenai could have another... erm? Maybe that made Kurenai crash emotionally as she saw how much Asuma cared about her, even in his deathbed, and even if it was with another man. It may be a bit off, but hey, it's just a speculation :p.

Gettin' There...!
This part of the chapter was predictable and disappointing. Even my neighbor who doesn't read Naruto could have guessed that this was the way. What really pisses me off is that this time, neither Kakashi nor Naruto were very smart. Naruto is, like you said, the one who knows most about his multi-bunshin technique, and should have guessed it. Kakashi did the two-clones trick and was all shocked at Naruto's extremely clever invention. He even says "no wonder you're the no.1 surprising ninja" which was all.. indescribable with words... blah. Maybe Kishimoto sensei is running out of ideas on how to make new jutsus?

But on the other hand, we get to look a little on the Jutsu! It's a rasengan with blades (why didn't I see it coming). So what's it gonna be like? It IS the jutsu that's supposed to be higher rank than S and should make him surpass even Kakashi himself. I just don't see how that could happen with a technique that requires 3 bunshin to perform! So I hope we get something unpredictable this time.

This part made me chuckle a lot, incidentally.

Also makes me wonder if Kakashi might be reading too many romance novels lately if he's starting to talk like that, but I think he was just overly excited about the progress of his student. I don't think he ever quite figured out how the heck Naruto learned to do the Rasengan so early until now.
Yep, I gotta agree with you, this part made me laugh too. But reading Hisshou's translation and winny's, you'll see that he probably says "I am starting to like you" as I don't see Kakashi saying "falling in love with you" to anybody, especially not Naruto. Besides, I like you can be interpreted in different ways which makes Naruto, the kind of idiot, misunderstand it. Just wanted you to notice :p.

Another Funeral...!
It was indeed very sad. It reminded me of Sandaime's funeral, but for some reason, it didn't feel that sad. Maybe because I watched the anime when I saw Sandaime's. Who knows? And another thing! Naruto has become more Yondaime like! It shocking. We all knew he somewhat resembled the 4th, but this is just too obvious. I wonder what kind of relation he has to him (always did...). Since this leads me to the same discussions (with myself) about their relation, I really don't wanna think about it :(.

Besides, we now know that Asuma is Konohamaru's uncle, but who is the father!? It'll most probably be someone we know, but no so much about. Then again is it? Anyway Konohamaru seems to have passed the academy and is probably a ninja now. Just some beard and he'll make a good mini-Asuma!

Takin' After His Sensei...
ARGHHHH. If Shikamaru was a real human like me and you, he would have been my idol, but THIS! It's unacceptable. How can such a genius who can think of 200 possible moves and find the best one of them possible, choose the worst one possible this time? Asuma's dead, so what? Become stronger, don't smoke Damnit. And what the hell is wrong with his dad? I hope he wasn't smiling because his son was starting to smoke. That would be too much of a shock for me from Masashi.

Your Next Move! Exactly my thoughts (I think). The first that came to my mind was that he was reliving the old situation. However, even if Shikamaru is stupid enough to start smoking, I still believe in some badassness coming from him. He's probably thinking of a new plan! That also means that the king isn't Kurenai (right!?). After all, he/she is behind Hidan and Kakuzu, unreachable by Shikamaru which is probably the reason for him to start thinking of a plan that would even take a genius like him, days to figure out. But... couldn't the king be the enemies' king?

And now Shikamaru is going to be more Asuma like. This probably means that we will be seeing more of Asuma's techniques. Surely, this will satisfy all those who were crying about how we only got to see one fire technique of Asuma that even got "countered".

I completely agree on the rating. Could have been 5 in my opinion if it wasn't for some of the disappointing factors in this chapter.

kyubisharingan
November 13, 2006, 07:58 PM
Wow good job GK-sama^^

eni
November 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
How can such a genius who can think of 200 possible moves and find the best one of them possible, choose the worst one possible this time?

Good point. But I think that's exactly why :)

goofy_man
November 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
A very sad chapter indeed.....
Was interesting to see Naruto looking so grown up and mature with Konohamaru at the funeral.....a bit out of character, but fitting for the moment....

I have to totally agree with you on Shikamaru's new habit, GK. It's donning shades that makes anyone cool, not taking up smoking. Oh well.....nice to see that he is starting to use pick up some new moves.

You also get points for the KakaIru jab....nice one :thumbs

Theories of mine for next week......

--Reality Theory: Team 10 kicking some ass. Whose ass, unknown.....probably going to be Hidan.
--Oddball Theory #1: Team Konohamaru joins up with Team 10 on whatever mission that they have planned; such an event will result in Konohamaru and his pals kicking ass....something I would like to see.
--Oddball Theory #2: Team 8, Team Gai, Sakura and Naruto join up with Team 10 (minus their jounin leaders).....and then brutally and violently pwn Hidan into the stratosphere. (Yes, there is even shy Hinata going badass on Hidan in this theory)

Daniee
November 13, 2006, 09:22 PM
I share your feelings on Shikamaru's new habit... I bet this will be left out in the anime, and I'll be glad when it does. It's not very meaningful anyway. I'm hoping either his dad will talk some sense into him again or he'll stop after he avenges his sensei.

And I agree that the whole adding the clone was disappointing. Though, Naruto's training has never been that simple, so I think another twist or difficulty will arise (and not Kakashi continuing to "confess his love" to Naruto xD). One thing I didn't get is why Naruto wasn't using more sets of 3 clones. Does making 3 clones mix chakra together use up that much...?

Robotic Red
November 13, 2006, 09:59 PM
I predict that Naruto will eventually figure out a way to lessen the clones for his Rasengan...cause he's gotta move on to more techniques eventually if he's going to become Hokage.

Also, it occurred to me over the last few chapters that our formally lazy Shikamaru has gotten a shocker of the highest order. Suddenly, it's not just enough to breeze through everything with little to no effort; if Shikamaru gets serious, then his capacity has suddenly skyrocketed.

And to those upset with Shikamaru's smoking...I am anti-smoking myself. But let's look at this logically.

Sarutobi Asuma was the sensei of Team 10. The first time they met together, the three new Genin complained about the smoke in their eyes. And think about it; a cigarette is Asuma's trademark in the Narutoverse. It's part of his character. It's part of what makes Asuma...well, Asuma. See a cigarette, who does Shikamaru/Ino/Chouji think of? Their sensei.

And Shikamaru, the usual lazy do-nothing slacker who plays Shougi, just saw Asuma get killed. First hand. Think of the thought processes going through Shikamaru's mind, the other scenarios that they could've used to counter Hidan and Kakuzu's attack. Scenarios that Shikamaru would have pursued had he been just a bit more serious with his training. Had he just been a bit more strong to make a difference.

What if I had wiped away the seal first? What if my plan had Izumo and Kotetsu behead Hidan first instead of gutting him? What if we had gone for Kakuzu instead of Hidan? What if what if what if...repeat N times. So many different scenarios, all potentially saving Asuma.

Think about. Asuma played strategy games with Shikamaru ALL THE TIME. Think of the bonding. Think of the relationship they built. And also, take Asuma's skill into hand...do you honestly Shikamaru (or anyone else) would've thought that he would fall in the fashion he had? In comparison with other conflicts against Akatsuki (a la Gai vs. Kisame, Sakura/Chiyo vs. Sasori), Asuma went down relatively quickly. That kind of realization has to be offputting to someone like Shikamaru...he knew Akatsuki was dangerous. But for them to take down Asuma - one of his precious people, perhaps the MOST precious - so quickly? That has to be sobering.

As for Shikamaru's smoking...I doubt it'll last for long. Shikamaru's in mourning. He's tributing/thinking/reminiscing over Asuma the only way he can (probably) think of; filling the air with cigarette smoke. I see it as an act of mourning, more than anything else. He'll move on eventually (perhaps it'll be something symbolic? Throwing that cigarette away being parallel to Shikamaru's moving on from Asuma's death?). And if he doesn't...I don't mind that much. Smoking's an addictive habit. If he keeps it up, he'll become addicted. Simple as that.

But I guess even Shikamaru probably wouldn't mind even then. Not now. Not after what he just went through.

I suggest that people watch out; Shikamaru is serious now. Literally. That means the attention he'll give to developing his skills (as evidenced at the end of this chapter) will be greater than ever before. And that's bad news for Konoha's enemies.

I'd really, REALLY hate to be Hidan and Kakuzu right now. Especially Hidan.

To end my point...I think all of those books were Shikamaru researching on how to counter Hidan's jutsu.

My theory? Induce such tremendous pain at once (BEFORE Hidan has a chance to make his seal of doom) that Hidan - due to his screwed up mind interpreting pain as pleasure - will go into convulsions from the sensation. The stress leads to a heart attack, resulting in even MORE pleasure for Hidan. It'll be a vicious cycle; Hidan feels pain, brain interprets it as pleasure, the stress causes more pain, leading to more pleasure, causing even MORE pain, and so on and so forth until finally his body gives up the ghost.

Either that, or Shikamaru will just cut him up into so many pieces that Kakuzu can't stitch him back together again.

And that's my thoughts.

Nice comments, by the way.

white silver
November 13, 2006, 10:52 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]That's strange, when I read the first release I did not see Naruto peform the Wind Rasengan. It's a good thing you could can still comment, while you're sick. Nice comments! Now this can bring an interesting revelation here. Who on earth is Konohamaru's parents and how are they related to the Asuma clan? What about Sandaime's wife? I think a lot is yet to be revealed here by this mysterious Sarutobi clan.

Believe
November 14, 2006, 12:23 AM
Great comments, a very good read....I agree whole-heartedly, but I have to agree with Glasskatana, if mangaka were to afraid to put controversial stuff in their manga, manga as we know it would be extremely boring :P.

5/5 imho :D. Cheers.

Dragonzair
November 14, 2006, 12:55 AM
T___________T

Nyah. Your comment this week was great.

[1] Memento was great. But yet, it makes me feel really angry to see it right after his death. You know how I feel everything here is so unfair T_T But anywho. *screams random words* Erm. Yeah. I love this cover so much, but it hurts to even see it. ><

[2] and [3] You know what I like the most about the whole AsuKure deal? Is that everyone else in the whole village knew about it, even if Asuma and Kurenai keep denying it. And Tsunade's main concern seemed to have been Kurenai as well. Same goes for Kotetsu. Nyah. T_T And what does Shika want to tell her? I'mma gonna skip through your comments, and put together all the ones involving Asuma :D

Anywho:

I was talking to Snowy-chan on msn, then I had to go take a shower. Well, during the shower, I realised something. (great way to figure something out, huh? XD EUREEKA!)

Remember how the chapter with Asuma's death had said that it was exactly like the Third's death? It rained when Asuma passsed away. Just like his father. Now zoom in to the Third's funeral. What happened? It also rained. And ironically, it was Asuma who commented that the clouds were crying for the Third's death. (I remember this, because I was desperate to look for more Asuma scenes >_>) During then, Konohamaru was also crying. Compare it with the recent funeral we've had, and the only difference was that it did not rain at all.

Kishimoto certainly has a knack to draw rain on sad scenes. And the recent funeral was a definite one. Yet it didn't rain. Is that a sign to something? Does Asuma have anything up his sleeve? Why was he killed before he was even shown to use his wind manipulation chakra, and the likes? Why so fucking fast? He had not proven himself. We've been getting so much scenes where it is stated that he is quite strong, yet we never really saw that.

Instead, Kishimoto put him up against one person who could not get himself killed. Unfair treatment. T_________T Anywho. What I'm saying is, due to the recent...whatever I found in the funeral, my half a percent of hope (yeah, one percent moved back to half a percent even afteri the funeral XD Go me! XD) zoomed up to 25%! There has to be something.

And I'm desperate, so...please try not to shoot down the 'he may be alive' theory for now, but you may do so in a few days. T_T Nyah. Just kidding. Shoot it down all you like. :p

Anywho, I had more to talk about than that.

Who is the King.

While your theory of Kurenai being the Queen may be possible, I can't help but think that Kishimoto gave us too early a glimpse of Konohamaru's relation with Asuma.

What I'm saying is, it was too simple. The way we found out his relation. While it may be a fact, there can still be a possibility that Konohamaru, himself, does not know who his parents are, or that his parents are actually...his unlce/aunt! :o It can explain a whole lot of things too.

What was it that Asuma wanted to tell Kaksahi, but backed out by the mere arrival of Kurenai? While it's possible that whatever he had to say, had something to do with Kurenai, it can be the same for Konohamaru. The scene after that had Asuma telling his fathre that he finally realised whatever the Third had been doing. Which is protecting their loved ones. Their family. And whatnot. (from what I get at least. XD That's how I interpreted it >_>)

We have read that Asuma had left Konoha at some point. What if, the time he left Konoha, someone out there, had given birth to his son?

(Oh fuck. I jsut realised the meaning of this theory. Asuma just did it with someone other than Kurenai. :faint GOOD FRIKKIN GOSH ><) *breathes slowly*

Nyah. Anywho. It's possible, whatever he wanted to tell Kakashi was that Konohamaru was his son? (Gah. It is so difficult to type up Konohamaru's name!!!) That he's finally ready to take up fathership? Just like his father had, but with the whole village? And that he's still afraid to tell Kurenai, afraid of how'd she'd react.

But during his death, he decided to tell Shikamaru who the 'King' was. While whoever's name it was whispered in Shika's ears was, it could have also been Konohamaru's, and that he's decided to finally let Kurenai know.

*is crying at this point*

Gah. Nyah. Anywho. *scrolls up* Well that looks far-fetched. But I'm desperate to have Asuma back.

Yep. *screams again*[br]Posted on: November 14, 2006, 12:48:36 AM_________________________________________________And. My thoughts on Shikamaru smoking. *screams swear words at Kishi*

Damnit! I love this kid, but I can only see the Sarutobis smoking. >_<

Gold Knight
November 14, 2006, 01:45 AM
Quick rapid responses here, since I'm off to bed after this. Feelin' better now, so I'm hopin' to make it permanent starting with tomorrow! :p

@ Winny - good observation there on the shogi board, if there's to be another sacrifical pawn, I certainly hope it's not one of Team 10 though. Sheesh, if it's who I think it might be, though...

@ GKjr - true, Naruto doesn't necessary even have to call upon Mass Kage Bunshin to make two clones, so that wouldn't deplete his chakra. So creating two more bunshins shouldn't be that draining to somebody who felt like they could have enough in order to merge the wind chakra with the Rasengan, and both Yondaime and Kakashi obviously did. Kishimoto will have to come up with a better explanation than that.

As for the smoking thing, I still see too many kids do it these days, and this ain't going to help. That's my opinion. It serves no real good storytelling purpose but to make Shikamaru look more "mature" and that in some ways shows that Kishimoto's not up to par on his writing ability. It's a cheap stunt. Shikamaru's adopting Asuma's chakra blades would have been more than enough for sentimental purposes.

I think that was wind chakra that Shikamaru did inject into the blades because of all the studying he did, but that's just an assumption I made, of course. Your guess is as good as mine. Note that I did say "shadowy twist" though, I do think he will throw in his Kagemane ability, possibly saving it up for a trump card.

@ Eni - hi, glad you liked the comments :D And yeah, I liked these funeral clothes, strangely enough... Naruto definitely could use a little fashion change, I'm getting kind of tired of his orange jumpsuit.

@ Natan - one difference though, Rin never considered Obito a boyfriend.

@ Ibra - I don't think Asuma would have said that to Shikamaru. XD

I think that "I'm falling in love with you" translation was the best way to convey Kakashi's words in English in order to show how Naruto would be so startled though. Sure, it's not literal, but still, it did get the humor across better in English, because "I'm starting to like you" isn't enough to make anybody in America startled in that way that Naruto was.

I also don't think we've seen the "Wind Rasengan" in its complete form yet. But my guess is that it'll be something like Baku's "sword of wind" - it'll cut through a lot of stuff as it's released. Imagine two trees falling as if cut at the stump as the Wind Rasengan passes thru!

Shikamaru's dad, at least, wasn't smiling at a time when Shikamaru was smoking. Shikamaru was just playing shogi. ;) So no, he was probably just smiling because he saw his son finally getting a little serious.

@ KS - thanks.

@ eni - heh, nice point there - you're saying that Shikamaru started smoking because he couldn't think of a way out of that situation. I guess stress can do that.

@ goofy man - I really do honestly think it's just going to be Team 10 in this case, although I do think Naruto and Kakashi somehow will have to get involved somewhere, in order for the story to still flow smoothly. I'm not sure how Kishimoto is going to do it, which is what is going to make the next few chapters interesting to me. I do want Kurenai to join in on the fray, though, but I don't want to see her team or Gai's team right now.

@ Daniee - that's the only thing I can think of to explain the bunshin situation, that having three times the concentration of chakra in order to make such a complicated jutsu work uses up a lot of chakra. There's also the part where Naruto usually wastes a lot of chakra because of his poor manipulation of it, so that might explain the situation for him. But for Kakashi or Yondaime, I don't think that would have been as much of an issue. Oh, well. It's a very feeble explanation though.

@ Robotic Red - nicely explained post about Shikamaru's sudden smoking habit. If he does drop it after he avenges his sensei, then okay, if it's just shell-shock that made him take it up - I'll forgive Kishimoto for it.

Nice theory about Shikamaru's taking down Hidan. I hope you're right. XD

@ White Silver - yeah, the history of the Sarutobi clan and the legacy that Konohamaru seems to be inheriting seems to be something coming up much later on in the Naruto series. I've always felt that Konohamaru will at some point become a major part of the story, and I think he'll surprise readers one day.

@ Believe - Naruto was doing just fine without that. I don't mind if Shikamaru had puffed on a cig once, because the situation was understandable, but having him take up the habit forever is a different story. I definitely hope he drops it after avenging Asuma, like Robotic Red said.

@ DZ - I was wondering if you read the chapter :glomp

I think Konohamaru already said that Asuma was his uncle, though? As for what Asuma wanted to tell Kakashi, that's still a mystery. Maybe he was planning to propose to Kurenai, though? That would have been a reason for his excitement.

Dragonzair
November 14, 2006, 02:48 AM
I think Konohamaru already said that Asuma was his uncle, though? As for what Asuma wanted to tell Kakashi, that's still a mystery. Maybe he was planning to propose to Kurenai, though? That would have been a reason for his excitement.

Exactly. But what I'm saying is, that Kishimoto revealed it too soon. What if Konohamaru was told that Asuma was his uncle, and such? XD That's what I meant to say. :D

Raseru
November 14, 2006, 05:14 AM
Great comments as always GK. I liked your strong opinion on Shikamaru's smoking because it might influence younger kids to take it up (if they idolize him) he's still only, what 15-16? I don't know what the legal age for smoking is in Japan, but I doubt its that young. Anyhoo, great comments, keep it up! :tem

gold roger
November 14, 2006, 07:36 AM
I don't see the problem with Shikamaru smoking. It compliments him visualy and stylistically. It's not like manga heroes are great rolemodels anyway: they are overly impulsive, often brutal or agressive, often childish (naruto, luffy), stupid, perverted etc.

There are far bigger influences on kids. I'd prefer overt political correctness didn't get into the way of style, imagery and versimilitude of good manga (I already have to deal with constant overexplanation because shonen manga are made for kids).

I mean, the main conflict resolution mechanism in most shonen manga is combat (my best friend has tured his back on good? Heck, I better beat him up!). Do we want to take all the combats out of naruto because we don't want the kids to belief fighting is a good way to deal with interpersonal conflicts?

I'm not bothered by the "three naruto solution". I think reading manga, it has to be accepted and embraced that some things will simply be cheesy or poorly explained. While Kishi and his crew are great at making a manga, I don't exactly believe they are exeptional geniouses that will always be able to come up with a surprising out-of-line explanation/solution for everything.

Other than that, I really enjoyed your comments. Shikamaru is my favorite character and I'm really exited to see how this goes on.

I think his fathers smile was because Shikamaru finally "got", what his father told him after the Sound Five arc- Becomming a better ninja is the only way he can protect those close to him.

The real surprise of the chapter to me was Shikamaru picking up the chakra blades and learning to manipulate wind chakra in such a short time. He's a genious after all and I guess this may soon transport him into Jounin ranks (heard a spot openend :darn).

ketwaroo
November 14, 2006, 09:48 AM
wow, you really did use our scanlation.

about the "falling in love" part, I see Gold Knight already explained it. "I like you" wan't really the kind of line that could cause such a reaction in Naruto.

and about [6] ... i'm still wondering... is that cigarette smoke supposed to ressemble asuma in any way?

The Fourth
November 14, 2006, 11:49 AM
I havent read all the comments yet, and I only skimmed trough yours GK

but I got 2 things to say and I hope this wasnt mentioned earlier

so what I want to say is that I think Shika will only smoke untill Hidans is defeated IMHO

and Naruto will manage to make the new rasengan without bunshins eventually

kiddo7
November 14, 2006, 07:38 PM
I might come back and edit this post If I remember some of the other things I was planing to say but for now let me just get rid of what is inside me at the moment:

First off; I tip my hat and raise my cup to our beloved Gold Knight. May he live a long and healthy life and may he ever be respected and apreciated for faithfully providing uss with the best comentary on naruto chapters available on the web. So say we all! (As my friends on the Galactica would say :lol )

now, in no particular order:
I am very excited to read the next chapter as I am sure that we will see team 10 on a rampage. if not in the one imediately following this one then it will be streached over the next 3-5 chapters which is cool by me too.
It is also my personal belief that this is more of a self appointed impromptu mission based mainly on revenge than on the orders of any hokage or the likes. For this reason I beleive that the way either kurenau, naruto or any other of our favorites will be involved in this is when they are sent out to stop skikamaru from wiping out a bunch of people without authorization. Then again maybe my imagination is too wild. Only time will tell.

I agree more with GK on the cigarete issue than with those that would oppose him, but since this again is another one of thoose topics that can be heftyly argued about for months without comeing anywhere near a resolution, I will leave it at that. I just want to add that I do understand and sympathize (partiallly) with those that oppose him for the sake of creativity. (you know who you are)

The Naruto Kakashi moment was funny! I kinda see how this passage would be tricky to translate. I speak a few languages, though Japanese is not one of them I am beginign to get a slight concept of the meanings of some of the words. For instance, If I am correct the words for love and like are very similar, if not interchangeable in some cases. This way Kakashi could have indeed been saying:" I am beginning to like you" and naruto could have took it as meaning:" I am falling in love with you". I might also be tottaly off base on this one though...

I am pretty sure there was more I wanted to say I just can't think of anything now.

WinterLion
November 14, 2006, 09:32 PM
The Naruto Kakashi moment was funny! I kinda see how this passage would be tricky to translate. I speak a few languages, though Japanese is not one of them I am beginign to get a slight concept of the meanings of some of the words. For instance, If I am correct the words for love and like are very similar, if not interchangeable in some cases. This way Kakashi could have indeed been saying:" I am beginning to like you" and naruto could have took it as meaning:" I am falling in love with you". I might also be tottaly off base on this one though...

Just wanted to say, you hit the nail on the head with that comment. Kakashi said he's really beginning to like Naruto, but Naruto could take that phrase to mean: I'm falling in love with you. :XD

Gold Knight
November 14, 2006, 09:39 PM
@ DZ - Something tells me Konohamaru has known Asuma was his uncle for quite awhile, considering Konohamaru is the grandson of Sandaime and Asuma is Sandaime's son. ;)

@ Raseru - well, it's not so much as the age of Shikamaru at the time he started smoking as I just despise smoking no matter who's doing it and whatever age they're at. I mean, yeah, Asuma looked cool with the cig, but Genma looked just as cool with the toothpick. I'd take the toothpick over the cig anytime. Heh.

@ gold roger - well, I actually do see Naruto as a good role model for the most part - he's always determined to overcome his challenges, doesn't give up, and does try to empahsize with others (Haku, Gaara, etc) instead of just trying to beat them all up. Naruto's stupidity isn't something that he can help but nobody's perfect.

Shikamaru was never exactly the best role model ever, due to his laziness. His strategy-planning is an innate talent that he has, something born of genius. But he doesn't really live up to his potential because he'd rather watch the clouds and dream about growing old in peace. This new smoking habit just damages his character even more imo. Still, his lack of ego and ability to be calm in even the most dangerous situations was enough to make him one of my fave characters too, and I'm hoping that he shows us something in the next storyarc that he really is a leader, because that's something I think he's still working at being.

But yeah, these chakra blades surprised me too, and hopefully he'll put them to good use.

@ ketwaroo - yeah, your scan was an unexpected surprise to me, keep it up.

I was wondering the same thing about the cigarette smoke, probably.

@ Fourth - thanks for commenting, we'll see if you're right ;)

@ kiddo7 - lol, thanks for the praise.

I'm intrigued too by what Team 10 plans to do. If they do manage to hunt down Hidan and Kakuzu to their lair, I'm sure they'll summon others to come along to help out as well. That could involve Naruto down the line, especially if he hears about a jinchuuriki like Yugito being there. Guess we'll see.

And yeah, we could argue all year about the smoking part. The likelihood is we won't change anybody's minds by doing so, but I had to get my opinion out there. That was the only thing about the chapter I didn't like.

kiddo7
November 14, 2006, 10:58 PM
Here is some more of the stuff I wanted to say,

About the funeral panel and the breaking news in general,...
I think it is kinda odd that thought there has been quite a lot of focus on kurenai lately we have not seen a glimps of team 8 at all. Not when Asuma left, not when the noews of his death came, and more importantly not even at the funeral. You would think that if their sensei is going through a hard time they would in some way be afected and maybe try to comfort her or be there for moral or emotional support. After all it is safe to asume that they know her best right. yet they where no where to be seen.
This make me come to one of two conclusions:
1. Kurenai and team 8 will have no significance in the chapters to come and the only reason Kurenai was included in these chapters was because of her aparent conection to Asuma.
2. Kurenai is no longer associated with team 8 And she will indeed have an important role in the near future, however without any kind of involvement from the previous members of team 8

These are my mini theories for this week

Then there is also the highly debated subject of shikamaru picking up the knuckle blades and preforming some nature manipulation. Many here seem to be in an uproar that he should be able to use"wind" manipulation in twenty minutes.
I beg to differ, all you excited people are jumping to two unconfirmed conclusions: (2 once again, interesting isn't it?)

1. There is no proof whatsoever that shikamaru is using Wind Chakra. We saw him pump some of his chakra ito the blade but everyone here will agree that it looked nothing like asumas or even narutos version of the wind blade. Furtheremore Asuma stated that the knifes where made out of a special metall that would absord any elemental chakra. So there is nothing that ties wind to this scenario.

2. Why would anyone think that shikamaru has up until this chapter not done any nature manipualtion training yet? This too is an assumption. We have no proof that he has but we also have no proof that he has not dealt with it yet. however in my mind here are reasons that let me believe that shikamaru should at the very least be familiar with the basics.

When kakashi and Yamato started explaining the whole concept to naruto they made it sound like something he should have learned already by that time. It felt like they where atributing the fact of his ignorance towards the topic to his dimwittedness and the fact that he was on a 2.5 year R&R with the pervy-sanin.

Second, when Naruto went to asuma for help, Shikamaru commented on Naruto learning nature manipulation. From the expression on his face and the words he chose it seemed to me like he was remembering some "troublesome" lecture and excercise session. While I would not go as far as to say that he completed the training it definately seemed like he was well under way.

Third, he is a genius after all, give the guy a break.

thats all for now.

Dragonzair
November 15, 2006, 02:53 AM
@ DZ - Something tells me Konohamaru has known Asuma was his uncle for quite awhile, considering Konohamaru is the grandson of Sandaime and Asuma is Sandaime's son.

Read my comment again. XD I think you misunderstood what I meant to say.

While your theory of Kurenai being the Queen may be possible, I can't help but think that Kishimoto gave us too early a glimpse of Konohamaru's relation with Asuma.

What I'm saying is, it was too simple. The way we found out his relation. While it may be a fact, there can still be a possibility that Konohamaru, himself, does not know who his parents are, or that his parents are actually...his unlce/aunt! :o It can explain a whole lot of things too.

What was it that Asuma wanted to tell Kaksahi, but backed out by the mere arrival of Kurenai? While it's possible that whatever he had to say, had something to do with Kurenai, it can be the same for Konohamaru. The scene after that had Asuma telling his fathre that he finally realised whatever the Third had been doing. Which is protecting their loved ones. Their family. And whatnot. (from what I get at least. XD That's how I interpreted it >_>)

We have read that Asuma had left Konoha at some point. What if, the time he left Konoha, someone out there, had given birth to his son?

(Oh fuck. I jsut realised the meaning of this theory. Asuma just did it with someone other than Kurenai. :faint GOOD FRIKKIN GOSH ><) *breathes slowly*

Nyah. Anywho. It's possible, whatever he wanted to tell Kakashi was that Konohamaru was his son? (Gah. It is so difficult to type up Konohamaru's name!!!) That he's finally ready to take up fathership? Just like his father had, but with the whole village? And that he's still afraid to tell Kurenai, afraid of how'd she'd react.

But during his death, he decided to tell Shikamaru who the 'King' was. While whoever's name it was whispered in Shika's ears was, it could have also been Konohamaru's, and that he's decided to finally let Kurenai know.

What I'm trying to say is that, Asuma could have hidden the fact that he was his father (possibly embarrased for leaving him?), and that Konohamaru believes him to be his uncle. And that the Sandaime had made the boy believe him to be his uncle.

It's more of a theory, really. But if that's the case, then maybe that's why Asuma finally understood where his father was getting at. Eh... XD I'm just repeating what I said. :( Did I make my post that confusing? @___@ Dunno how to explain it to you, but if you get on msn, I can. :nuts

donkeyhigh
November 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
I hope, and think, we'll get to see more of Team-10.
I mean, Ino's there, Sakura's main rival. And Shikamaru's been much more central lately. A Asuma Gaiden isn't really all that a far-fetched thought.

Oh, and Dragonzair, about your signature, the end is over.

ibra87
November 15, 2006, 10:12 AM
I wonder how many days have passed since the death of asuma? Did the bijuu extracting finish (six days)? Also, how come Shikamaru learned how to use chakra manipulation if it's only six days? Maybe because he's a genius. And Naruto learned the manipulation and the jutsu in just 2 days, what did he do in the rest of the days?

Now you know what this chapter left me with :o

kiddo7
November 15, 2006, 10:36 AM
I Also, how come Shikamaru learned how to use chakra manipulation if it's only six days? Maybe because he's a genius. And Naruto learned the manipulation and the jutsu in just 2 days, what did he do in the rest of the days?

Read my post.

Do you have to be so blunt about it? It sounds asif you are throwing it into her face and enjoying the anticipation of her reaction.

Sorry to hack your post, but I don't want to make a new post for this. Thank you for saying what I was going to say, but I wanted to add one thing to Pjoto: That comment doesn't contribute anything to this discussion and just sounds plain mean. It's uncalled for so please don't do something like that again. ~WL

Dragonzair
November 15, 2006, 10:50 AM

Is it? I didn't think so. :D The end can go on forever, until Kishi probably ends the manga XD...although, I agree with a possible Asuma gaiden.

SilveryShadows
November 15, 2006, 04:27 PM
I've been lurking at these comments in the past few weeks, because I didn't see them until I saw it posted on the scanlation page. Anyways.

I enjoyed reading everyone's comment.

Besides everything that has been said over and over again, there's something I've always been wondering. (Don't know if it's been said before in other chapter reviews, but..) Why didn't anyone try to find where Hidan & Kakuau were? It seemed as if where their fight took place was near the place... (I don't know what it's called... Where Hidan dropped off the body.) Kotetsu(or was it Izumo?) did know about it. Going back to tell everyone the news would be important, but why didn't someone stay back to do some investigating? Not a part of their mission, yes, but it might be important. Unless what they were doing wasn't exactly illegal or anything.. Just what I've always been wondering since two chapters ago, and before.

With the smoking. I don't like it, etc. Not going into details about how Shikamaru shouldn't and how I was SO disappointed when I saw that.
I do think that, like Asuma (when said he will evetually start again), Shikamaru will eventually stop. So, probably don't have to worry.
(Unless I'm wrong about that like I was wrong thinking he wouldn't start at all..)

I don't know how to play Shogi, but I know a little about chess.
If how the pieces move are the same, and if it can be used as predictions, then: From the looks of it, If Knight(Shikamaru) goes for Rock(Hidan), then King(?) can 'go for Knight'. However, if Knight goes for Bishop(Kakuzu), then Rock and go for Knight.
I don't see the board as a repeat of what happened. Well, since we can't see some of the other pieces, I can't be sure.

If I had time, I will read your comments of other chapters..
If only I'd known about these comments sooner.
Definately a good move, moving the reviews to specific boards. Otherwise people might never see these awesome comments!

weixiaobao
November 15, 2006, 06:11 PM
-Wow, it good to know that GK, a very influential character, is an anti-smoker. As for me, I don't care if people smoke as long as they don't bother me; which it never happen that way, when people smoke they always always bother me. As for Shikamaru's current smoking problem, Kishimoto is a genious. He showed that Shikamaru is very much human (the dark side and the good side). As for everyone's theory about Shikamaru quitting smoke after killing Hidan, well, I dun think it would be that simple. I predict he would never quit, for if he quit, Asuma was not much important to him.

-I was fearing that Shikamaru going to change (2 or 3 chapters ago). And my fear was right, hope he don't change as much as Naruto.

-Is it just me or "Naruto" manga become less and less Narutard?

-Comment on the king being a queen: I wish it was that simple.

-Comment about Shikamaru knowing what to expect of Hidan and Kakuzu's abilities:
I think they have other skills also. Team 10 as right now just not ready to face them.

Well kids, listen to GK, DON"T SMOKE!!!

PS- Maybe, Shikamaru taking on smoking, would play a positive role in the world. His fan may just try to be better than him (by not smoking) out of respect for his character.

Garaku
November 15, 2006, 07:30 PM
Hey hey I just thought of something. Maybe they can meet the Hidan and Kakuzu without fighting the rest of the Akatsuki. The evil pair may actually be just acting through "holograms!"(Thus actually seperated from the Big 9)

Imagine their holograms all of a sudden : "WHAT THE F#@! OMG UNDER ATTACK..." *Hidan and Kakuzu have logged out* :p

Gold Knight
November 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
I hope, and think, we'll get to see more of Team-10.
I mean, Ino's there, Sakura's main rival. And Shikamaru's been much more central lately. A Asuma Gaiden isn't really all that a far-fetched thought.

I'd like to see an Asuma Gaiden, but right now I'm more interested in how Team 10 develops in this storyline. We haven't quite seen Ino in action yet, either, and I always thought that Kishimoto was saving her up for another confrontation with Sakura at some point. But perhaps it's time to find out what these guys are made of now, as we did with Sakura when she went up against Sasori. Nice thing is we have no idea what's in store for us with these three, so we're in for some nice chapters upcoming, I believe.

I wonder how many days have passed since the death of asuma? Did the bijuu extracting finish (six days)? Also, how come Shikamaru learned how to use chakra manipulation if it's only six days? Maybe because he's a genius. And Naruto learned the manipulation and the jutsu in just 2 days, what did he do in the rest of the days?

Now you know what this chapter left me with :o

Good question. I'm going to guess a couple of days. Or three. The Akatsuki are probably starting on Yugito now...

Do you have to be so blunt about it? It sounds asif you are throwing it into her face and enjoying the anticipation of her reaction.

Sorry to hack your post, but I don't want to make a new post for this. Thank you for saying what I was going to say, but I wanted to add one thing to Pjoto: That comment doesn't contribute anything to this discussion and just sounds plain mean. It's uncalled for so please don't do something like that again. ~WL

Okay, no need to go any further on all that please. I'm sure Pjoto didn't mean to make anybody mad and it was probably just a casual comment when he saw that signature of DZ. The funeral did in some ways signal the end of that relationship, after all.

I've been lurking at these comments in the past few weeks, because I didn't see them until I saw it posted on the scanlation page. Anyways.

I enjoyed reading everyone's comment.

Besides everything that has been said over and over again, there's something I've always been wondering. (Don't know if it's been said before in other chapter reviews, but..) Why didn't anyone try to find where Hidan & Kakuau were? It seemed as if where their fight took place was near the place... (I don't know what it's called... Where Hidan dropped off the body.) Kotetsu(or was it Izumo?) did know about it. Going back to tell everyone the news would be important, but why didn't someone stay back to do some investigating? Not a part of their mission, yes, but it might be important. Unless what they were doing wasn't exactly illegal or anything.. Just what I've always been wondering since two chapters ago, and before.

Very good point - still, it seems like Hidan and Kakuzu just vanished (much like Kabuto) so I'm not exactly sure that they felt confident in tracking them down at that point.

I'd like to see either Aoba or Raidou actually run into Team 10 and have some information for them though. Perhaps even join them.

If I had time, I will read your comments of other chapters..
If only I'd known about these comments sooner.
Definately a good move, moving the reviews to specific boards. Otherwise people might never see these awesome comments!

Part of the reason why I didn't do that from the beginning was because I was never sure if I'd do multiple reviews in one thread at some point, so chose to stay in the Scrapbooks forum, but it does make more sense this way. Thanks for your support.

-Wow, it good to know that GK, a very influential character, is an anti-smoker. As for me, I don't care if people smoke as long as they don't bother me; which it never happen that way, when people smoke they always always bother me. As for Shikamaru's current smoking problem, Kishimoto is a genious. He showed that Shikamaru is very much human (the dark side and the good side). As for everyone's theory about Shikamaru quitting smoke after killing Hidan, well, I dun think it would be that simple. I predict he would never quit, for if he quit, Asuma was not much important to him.

-I was fearing that Shikamaru going to change (2 or 3 chapters ago). And my fear was right, hope he don't change as much as Naruto.

Change's always inevitable in real life, I have to say it IS good to see that Kishimoto is willing to change some of his characters, who are almost icons now to Naruto fans. But I NEVER, never wanted to see smoking as one of their habits. :darn

-Is it just me or "Naruto" manga become less and less Narutard?

Yes, and I think it's going to be that way for a while! :D When we had the Chuunin Exams, the emphasis was less on Naruto and more on the supporting characters. I think Part 2 is at that stage now. We're going to see the growth of the other teams now - what everybody's been waiting to see since Part 2 first began. So, let's hope it'll be some good stuff.

-Comment on the king being a queen: I wish it was that simple.

Too simple for you eh? I guess we'll see.

-Comment about Shikamaru knowing what to expect of Hidan and Kakuzu's abilities:
I think they have other skills also. Team 10 as right now just not ready to face them.

Very true. Especially Kakuzu, we haven't seen everything from him yet I'm sure. And Hidan - now that he knows that Shikamaru knows how to defend against his voodoo jutsu, I'm sure he'll have to try something else the next time.

PS- Maybe, Shikamaru taking on smoking, would play a positive role in the world. His fan may just try to be better than him (by not smoking) out of respect for his character.

Well, there IS one thing. I WOULD like to see Shikamaru give up smoking later on and the others ask him why? And he was like, "eh, just wanted them to remember Asuma when I kicked their asses. You didn't think I was going to keep it up did you? Hey, I'm too smart for that. Smoking's too troublesome, you know, it'll kill ya." Heh. Oh well, we'll see.

Hey hey I just thought of something. Maybe they can meet the Hidan and Kakuzu without fighting the rest of the Akatsuki. The evil pair may actually be just acting through "holograms!"(Thus actually seperated from the Big 9)

Imagine their holograms all of a sudden : "WHAT THE F#@! OMG UNDER ATTACK..." *Hidan and Kakuzu have logged out* :p

You mean if they stumble on Hidan and Kakuzu while they're meditating on extracting one of the bijuu and disrupt them? That'd be cool. But unfortunately I think Zetsu is most likely lurking closely around them because he knows that there might be some potential disturbances because of their recent run-in with Konohagakure. Guess we'll see, though.