PDA

View Full Version : Theory Opinions About Luffy's Mother

sushi
November 14, 2006, 08:05 AM
yeah
i've been wondering like forever who is luffy's mother, how she look like or is...

it's gonna be great if oda-sensei introduce her

sushi
November 14, 2006, 08:33 AM
ace is luffy original brother wut

neild
November 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
she will be sleep eating, day dreaming, and crazy like luffy.she is fat but beautiful

bebekhappy
November 14, 2006, 03:06 PM
she will be sleep eating, day dreaming, and crazy like luffy.she is fat but beautiful

Wehehehe...i'll always thought that this family bad habit like sleep eating anf others are comin' from the father side, just like we've seen from Garp, maybe Dragon didn't inherit this "abilty" but it comes to his son :D.
Their mom would be like an ordinary people, maybe born in the village tht shown in the first chpter (i forgot the name), she's beautifull but not fat, otherwise Dragon would not interested on her :P, and maybe she has an attitude too :tem. but yeah it's only my thoughts :)

JoJoJO
November 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
I bet that she his a marine.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 14, 2006, 05:27 PM
That would be too obvious...
maybe one of the two unknown 4 kings ^^

neild
November 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
okay maybe a nice, ordinary woman would fit into dragon's and luffy's personality.then how did dragon meet him?unless this girl is really beautiful, she must have a connection to dragon's pirate world.and how can she do that?by being a pirate herself, or a bartender, or maybe a marine

sushi
November 15, 2006, 03:43 AM
or maybe garp force him to marry this woman???

neild
November 15, 2006, 05:55 PM
does luffy even remember the face of his mother?i think he was abandoned as a child,am i right guys?

Kank
November 15, 2006, 09:17 PM
I picture Luffy's mom as an innocent, beautiful woman. I also think that she may have fell victim to the government leading Dragon to do what he does now.

I wouldn't think she'd be a person from Robin's home place because then i think Dragon would want to fulfill the dream of that island for her. I also don't think she'd be a pirate because then Luffy's Gramps would have said something about her influence instead of talking about Shank's influence.

Hard to say, really, but my overall theory is that she lived as a native somewhere on the Grand Line. I think something similar to Ussop's story at his homeland.

weixiaobao
November 15, 2006, 10:27 PM
When thinking about Luffy mother, these characters came up in my mind:

-Godaime
-The crazy alien girl from FLCL
-Edward Elric's teacher
-Chi Chi (DBZ)

Combine them and what do you got: Crazy old alien monster big breast player guitar banger fire breathing kungfu gambler HELL OF A WOMAN

neild
November 16, 2006, 06:03 PM
wahahaha, i like chi chi's character.she is a protective mom,who would do anything in the world to protect her son.why would he marry dragon anyway...haha

neild
November 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
one night stand, dragon met her at the bar, and accident happened.dragon left the town.1 month later she found out she is pregnant, dragon already went God knows where.then she dumped luffy to dragon's dad. and we all know the rest of the story

jairdan6
November 17, 2006, 11:21 PM
i always thought that Dragon was asexual something. that'd be an interesting devil fruit ;-)

weixiaobao
November 17, 2006, 11:41 PM
i always thought that Dragon was asexual something. that'd be an interesting devil fruit ;-)

asexual. Is that when you do it with yourself and get pregnant????
Dragon = a self-lover?

weixiaobao
November 18, 2006, 01:05 AM
Maybe Luffy dun have a mother. He just artificial created. by Dragon in the lab.

PS- Stop smoking is good, the money you used to buy cig. send them to me and I will used to conquer the world HA HA HA ha h h h a

I deleted some of the posts here cause they werent really relevant for this topic, keep it clean guys! - Boff

neild
November 18, 2006, 04:22 AM

What is asexual?how does that relate to devil fruit?

jairdan6
November 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
well, in the sense that i was using it, it means that one reproduced with no necessary joining of male of female, similar to mitosis and binary fission. and the devil fruit part was an aside that i considered funny if there was a devil fruit that caused you to make your own babies

bax
November 18, 2006, 12:01 PM
I think Luffy's mother is just an ordinary woman. No powers or significant importance in history.

weixiaobao
November 18, 2006, 08:18 PM
I deleted some of the posts here cause they werent really relevant for this topic, keep it clean guys! - Boff

I feel we were off topic too that why I coughing a lot (but no one took my hint). But overall, there is not much to talk about Luffy mother.

I think Luffy's mother is just an ordinary woman. No powers or significant importance in history.

Maybe it true. Luffy's mother maybe that bar tender from chapter 1.

kyubisharingan
November 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
Luffy's mom is a sexy b*tch, thats y Monkey D Dragon married her...or made love with her

The Boff
November 18, 2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe it true. Luffy's mother maybe that bar tender from chapter 1.

that was my first guess too actually because it felt logical, but now after the revelations from Garp i dont think thats the case anymore. Im guessing that Luffy and Ace were village children. technically they lived with their grandpa but as i see it he was away all the time doing marine stuff. so they were raised by all the people in the village. one more reason to why i think this is Luffys response to the revelation of Dragon being his father: "I had a dad?" it means Luffy never met Dragon. so its not totally unlikely that he never met his mom either.

but what then of Luffys mother? again this is just a guess but, Dragon should have a reason for being the revolutionary man that he is. WHAT IF his wife were somehow murdered by the government? we know that they are friggin bastards, look at ohara. so she could have been killed in some way and Dragon became REALLY pissed because of it. just a theory, i have no real proof but thats what my gut instincts tell me :D

jairdan6
November 18, 2006, 08:50 PM
or maybe his wife completely controls him and he just happens to be really strong, but he's a whipped man and it's his wife that wants to overthrow the world government.

weixiaobao
November 18, 2006, 08:54 PM
that was my first guess too actually because it felt logical, but now after the revelations from Garp i dont think thats the case anymore. Im guessing that Luffy and Ace were village children. technically they lived with their grandpa but as i see it he was away all the time doing marine stuff. so they were raised by all the people in the village. one more reason to why i think this is Luffys response to the revelation of Dragon being his father: "I had a dad?" it means Luffy never met Dragon. so its not totally unlikely that he never met his mom either.

but what then of Luffys mother? again this is just a guess but, Dragon should have a reason for being the revolutionary man that he is. WHAT IF his wife were somehow murdered by the government? we know that they are friggin bastards, look at ohara. so she could have been killed in some way and Dragon became REALLY pissed because of it. just a theory, i have no real proof but thats what my gut instincts tell me :D

This sound very educated. but I don't think Dragon is that simple of a man, revolt the gov just for the sake of his wife. But that another possibility, Luffy's mother already died "(

jeffhmwong
November 19, 2006, 01:09 AM
Awww....thats so sad...if she'd died.....

I rather her to be another pirate captain (like avilda) and when the meet they can have a 4 way battle

Ace Vs Dragon Vs Luffys Mom Vs Luffy.

bax
November 19, 2006, 01:31 AM
I like your idea Boff. But like movingstone said, Dragon needs more reasons to revolt against the government than what you're saying. Then again, there's no right and wrong here, so you maybe correct on that.

sushi
November 19, 2006, 02:40 AM
she's dead

Liqiud
November 19, 2006, 02:27 PM
Eheh, My theory is that Luffy's mother was the daughter of Gol D. Roger. She married Dragon had Luffy and was most likely kidnapped by the WG to force Gol togive himself up. Garp probably disagreed with this but had to follow orders. Roger and him most likely met up and made a deal: Roger would turn himself in and be executed while Garp would attempt save his daughter from the WG, who would of coarse kill her after she had outlived her usefulness. Garp didn't make it in time to save her. Dragon found out from his father and set out to destroy the WG, having a vendetta, a cause, and a reason to topple the WG.

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 19, 2006, 04:06 PM
Nice theory...;)

Liqiud
November 19, 2006, 04:18 PM
Er, thanks...

The Boff
November 19, 2006, 06:15 PM
This sound very educated. but I don't think Dragon is that simple of a man, revolt the gov just for the sake of his wife. But that another possibility, Luffy's mother already died "(

I like your idea Boff. But like movingstone said, Dragon needs more reasons to revolt against the government than what you're saying. Then again, there's no right and wrong here, so you maybe correct on that.

yeah i totally understand what youre saying, but think about it. what does OP lack? romance. we have been given pretty much everything except that. so wouldnt it be kinda nice with a really good but ofcourse tragic love story. and given Luffys character, a man who doesnt know how to give up. If he got that from his father then its actually not that far fetched. Luffy declared war on the government because they took a friend from him. Imagine if they took his love away. but yeah its all still a theory.

sushi
November 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
you guys sure got lots of ideas

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 10:25 PM
you guys sure got lots of ideas

Sure, sure

yeah i totally understand what youre saying, but think about it. what does OP lack? romance. we have been given pretty much everything except that. so wouldnt it be kinda nice with a really good but ofcourse tragic love story. and given Luffys character, a man who doesnt know how to give up. If he got that from his father then its actually not that far fetched. Luffy declared war on the government because they took a friend from him. Imagine if they took his love away. but yeah its all still a theory.

One Piece = Romance as in tragic love story = ahhhhhhhhhh = up # of fan girl

Your theory is like the same story in (spoiler) Dais Adventure (Dragon Quest)

Anyway it could be truth since I can't think of a reason why Dragon would revolt against the World gov beside if he know the blank history or his wife was killed by World gov

Liqiud
November 19, 2006, 10:30 PM
Eh :nerve...My theory got ignored

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 10:46 PM

Your is pretty much the same as other plus little twist and anyway don't take it too personaly (newbie are ussually ignore= sad but proved to be truth 75% of all times by the great mind of movingstone (accually i made that up))

Anyway because we have a conversation before your post.

Ok, comment on your theory. if luffy mother is daughter of GR (sound like Romeo and Juliet) and will be unlikely since GR look too young to have a kid and he die 22 years ago or so when luffy only -5 years old so i can't see how goldR's daughter (if have one) be luffy mother.

Liqiud
November 19, 2006, 11:07 PM
Hmmm, there seems to be a loophole...

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 11:16 PM
Hmmm, there seems to be a loophole...

??? you meant me or you?

sushi
November 19, 2006, 11:21 PM
hahahahha
guys ...is it true that newbie is ignored???

wait why can't he has a daughter???garp got a son and he was in GR era tooo...

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
hahahahha

wait why can't he has a daughter???garp got a son and he was in GR era tooo...

I said i made that stuff up

(accually i made that up))

Garp look so freaking old. he should be older than Gold Roger, one generation older. Same era doesn't meant same age (take the giants for example)
Garp about 22 + 22 +17 = old

while Gold Roger about 22+ 22= 44

sushi
November 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
that's not true right since GR also look kinda old to me look at aokiji he was young before

uh yea whose garp's wife nyway[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 11:30:11 PM_________________________________________________adding they can get married early wut like maybe around 16??? possible right?? plus giant is diferrent since their life span is way longer than human look at shanks he is with roger but now his still look as fresh as he was back then right

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
uh yea whose garp's wife nyway

1st of all just my oppinion
2nd garp's wife another mystery
3rd there is not much to discuss about Luffy's mother.

sushi
November 19, 2006, 11:34 PM
hahhahahha
maybe ur right bah i'm going to another topic

The Boff
November 20, 2006, 08:46 AM

lol

Your is pretty much the same as other plus little twist and anyway don't take it too personaly (newbie are ussually ignore= sad but proved to be truth 75% of all times by the great mind of movingstone (accually i made that up))

LOL

... aw dude....

Eheh, My theory is that Luffy's mother was the daughter of Gol D. Roger. She married Dragon had Luffy and was most likely kidnapped by the WG to force Gol togive himself up. Garp probably disagreed with this but had to follow orders. Roger and him most likely met up and made a deal: Roger would turn himself in and be executed while Garp would attempt save his daughter from the WG, who would of coarse kill her after she had outlived her usefulness. Garp didn't make it in time to save her. Dragon found out from his father and set out to destroy the WG, having a vendetta, a cause, and a reason to topple the WG.

ok, its a nice theory but unfortunatly im gonna have to shoot it down. Gol D. was executed 22 years ago. Luffy is only 17. so its kinda impossible for it to play out exactly as you said. it was a cool idea though :D

Liqiud
November 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
That's the loophole I was talking about...Should have though about it more :darn

BunyaminRoy
November 21, 2006, 12:45 AM
Guys, how about Luffy's mum is Gol d Roger's sister..?!! Can Liqiud's theory be use..?!!

sushi
November 21, 2006, 05:05 AM
maybe cousins you know or even twin???

weixiaobao
November 21, 2006, 10:22 AM
maybe cousins you know or even twin???

Maybe, then his theory is truth

Guys, how about Luffy's mum is Gol d Roger's sister..?!! Can Liqiud's theory be use..?!!

Maybe, it could be truth

But I gonna shoot it down anyway. GR look nothing like Luffy, Act nothing like luffy. Luffy could be a long distant relative of GR but not a close one. so, Luffy just so much better than GR that why he cannot be a close relative and anyway, I wonder why Dragon is Luffy's father he so cerious (serious). Maybe Dragon adopted Luffy? but anyway I must say Luffy's mother must be hell of a woman.

lol

LOL

... aw dude....

:D

LOL :gigglebunny

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 11:31 AM

hmmmm, revised theory: Luffy's mother was the younger sister or daughter of Gol D. Roger. She fell in love, married, did all that good stuff with Dragon. Gol had everything in the world and had lived a long, good, life; the only thing left to obtain/explore was death. Roger and Garp most likely met up and made a deal: Roger would turn himself in; Garp would get the credit for his capture. Luffy's mother was captured by the Navy about 5 or 6 years after Gol's death (long enough to have both Ace and Luffy) for association with the Pirate King. Dragon tried to save her, she was killed during the scuffle. Dragon escaped and/or killed the Naval officers, asked Garp to raise Ace and Luffy, and set out to destroy the WG, having a vendetta, a cause, and a reason to topple the WG.

But I gonna shoot it down anyway. GR look nothing like Luffy, Act nothing like luffy. Luffy could be a long distant relative of GR but not a close one. so, Luffy just so much better than GR that why he cannot be a close relative and anyway, I wonder why Dragon is Luffy's father he so cerious (serious). Maybe Dragon adopted Luffy? but anyway I must say Luffy's mother must be hell of a woman.

Wait...What!?! Both Ace and Luffy look a hell of a lot like Roger (Black hair, similar features, similar color choices, smiling ALOT) and numerous characters (that bartender guy in Loguetown; Dr. Kureha; Gan Fall; Kokoro) have all said that Luffy acted just like Gol...

weixiaobao
November 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
Wait...What!?! Both Ace and Luffy look a hell of a lot like Roger (Black hair, similar features, similar color choices, smiling ALOT) and numerous characters (that bartender guy in Loguetown; Dr. Kureha; Gan Fall; Kokoro) have all said that Luffy acted just like Gol...

I knew people will react that way to my post. I trying to be extreme, anyway I hate the idea that Gold Roger is a relative of Luffy. Act like luffy = meaning his ambition and determination = that's it = plus smile before dying = and nothing else.

Look like luffy = because Oda drawing = alot people comment (i dun remmember where) that there is not a variation in Oda's drawing of character = which I disagree = but this show that everything is no more than opinion = oh i remember now, it in one of the post in the baka manga update site thingy.

Everybody love the underdog. If Luffy was indeed GR's relative then he had a higher chance of being the Pirate King. But I wish to believe that Luffy become Pirate King have nothing to do with the blood in his is GR (simply no more than Luffy want to be the Pirate King because Gold Roger was so cool being one).

Rest my case.

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
Whether you or I want him to be or don't want him to be Roger's grandson doesn't really matter. What does matter is that it's been blatantly obvious throughout the entire story that Luffy is very closely related to Gol. I'm not saying he is his grandson per say, but their similarities are hinted at way to often for them not to be closely related.

On a side note: I am not 'people' :notrust

The Boff
November 21, 2006, 12:35 PM
hmmmm, revised theory: Luffy's mother was the younger sister or daughter of Gol D. Roger. She fell in love, married, did all that good stuff with Dragon. Gol had everything in the world and had lived a long, good, life; the only thing left to obtain/explore was death. Roger and Garp most likely met up and made a deal: Roger would turn himself in; Garp would get the credit for his capture. Luffy's mother was captured by the Navy about 5 or 6 years after Gol's death (long enough to have both Ace and Luffy) for association with the Pirate King. Dragon tried to save her, she was killed during the scuffle. Dragon escaped and/or killed the Naval officers, asked Garp to raise Ace and Luffy, and set out to destroy the WG, having a vendetta, a cause, and a reason to topple the WG.

this theory i like! i cant find anything that directly contradicts it. and it still has what i hope will be there for the story between Dragon and Luffys mom, the love vendetta. she gets captured just BECAUSE she is the daughter of roger. just like Tom was got executed because he built Rogers ship. nice one Liquid!

weixiaobao
November 21, 2006, 12:39 PM
On a side note: I am not 'people' :notrust

Oh no, when i typed my other post, I expected alot of people to agrue me, you know. (because there is alot of loop holes on what I said - I do realize that and i did that on purpose :))

Anyway, since this topic very vague, everybody think what they think, and if you argue (dunn even how to spell that word right) for your points (that meant you you willingly to back that up), I respect that very much. :)

Anyway. The romantic just not Oda's style (but since I am not him = I dun even know what is Oda's style) and Gold Roger being Luffy's relative (this too common on a lot of manga) so just hoping it isn't that way.

But hey, anybody find somewhat of a resemblence between Luffy and Dragon (Luffy is mixture between his dad and mom so if his personality not like his dad, then his personality should be like his mom, same with how he act and think and look).

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
this theory i like! i cant find anything that directly contradicts it. and it still has what i hope will be there for the story between Dragon and Luffys mom, the love vendetta. she gets captured just BECAUSE she is the daughter of roger. just like Tom was got executed because he built Rogers ship. nice one Liquid!

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/th__headbang__version_one_by_E_motive.gif

Oh no, when i typed my other post, I expected alot of people to agrue me, you know. (because there is alot of loop holes on what I said - I do realize that and i did that on purpose :))

Eheh, I knew that, I'm just a smartass O.o

Anyway. The romantic just not Oda's style (but since I am not him = I dun even know what is Oda's style) and Gold Roger being Luffy's relative (this too common on a lot of manga) so just hoping it isn't that way.

His original title for the One Piece concept was 'Romance Dawn' :blink

But hey, anybody find somewhat of a resemblence between Luffy and Dragon (Luffy is mixture between his dad and mom so if his personality not like his dad, then his personality should be like his mom, same with how he act and think and look).

All the D's act the pretty much the same. Dragon prolly does too, if Luffy's mom was a D.(my theory :kukuku ) she probably acted like that too; we've only seen the mean pictures of Dragon so far...plus I'm pretty sure he smiled alot in Loguetown, just the sinister type, like Gol..

sushi
November 21, 2006, 08:12 PM
hopefully luffy's mother is the funny typer since his father is a serious guy... i think luffy got his attitude and personality mostly from garp that did not descend to dragon you know like some sort of ability can only be pass down by grandfather to grandson [ something like that ]

hope that luffy's mom's look doesn't resemble him cause i don want to think that his mother is ugly :pleased :pleased :pleased...not to say that luffy is ugly just that his feature does not suit a woman... :fan :luffy

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/th__headbang__version_one_by_E_motive.gif

you're not bluffing, are you??

it's funny to think that as the first tittle... :Haha :Haha :Haha :gigglebunny :Haha :Haha :Haha I cant believe oda-sensei is a moe-moe type of a guy

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nope not kidding...and I'm still holding strong on the 'Dragon only appears serious' thing; Gol was said to act exactly like Luffy and he kept that serial killer smile all the time.

sushi
November 21, 2006, 08:21 PM
hahahahhahahahh

you really does like peanuts don you!!!

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
Time to close the thread...I solved the mistery!! http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/th__headbang__version_one_by_E_motive.gif

sushi
November 21, 2006, 08:41 PM
just opinions you know

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 08:48 PM
Yup, I know.

That was my opinion that I claimed solved the mistery incase you ddin't read it. Sorry, I was being a smartass again :darn

sushi
November 21, 2006, 08:52 PM
hahahaah

read it n loved it

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 08:58 PM
Sweeet, It has a high chance of being completly wrong. But it does fill in all the gaps for now..

sushi
November 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
it can also be a winning one n become true

johnjohn252
November 21, 2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah i thought of that before having Gol D. Rogers daughter being Luffy's mom cuz i still want Luffy to be related to the 'Pirate King.' Maybe she died and thats why Dragon is all "Eff the WG"

sushi
November 21, 2006, 09:40 PM
most impotantly luffy don know all of those

Jumo
November 21, 2006, 11:21 PM
It's kinda weird why Luffy don't knew something about his parents, I never really remember in the manga that he mentioned his mother.

sushi
November 21, 2006, 11:41 PM
yeah it's like he never even met is parents

bakashijinsan
November 22, 2006, 06:39 AM
it seems that way since he was quite surprised himself to learn that he has a father. and i think it was just garp and the townspeople who raised both ace and him since luffy was so attached to the folks there and also to shanks when he arrived.

i mean, if he experienced being with his parents, even with just Dragon, he'd most probably look up to him being a revolutionary and all and going out to the world instead of looking up at shanks. as we all know, luffy is very adventurous and he sees the pirate life as a means to explore the world. If ever his father had an influence on him, i don't think he'll be pursuing a pirate career.

just my opinion

Fullmetalsasukefreak
November 22, 2006, 08:15 AM
I don't think Luffy understands that a pirate's life is about pillaging villages and slaughtering innocent people. I think he thinks that pirates are saints or something. Ok, about Luffy's parents, I always assumed that they died/ran away/went to pursue their dreams and abandoning their child. Usually in shonen manga, I've noticed a lot of characters are orphans or don't have any contact with their family members, EX) Sasuke, Ed from FMA(his dad ran off), Naruto, Zolo, Sanji, and, basically a lot of other people, yeah. It was surprising for me to learn that dragon was luffy's dad. I wonder what happened to Ace??

sushi
November 22, 2006, 08:20 AM
hahahahahahhahahh

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah i thought of that before having Gol D. Rogers daughter being Luffy's mom cuz i still want Luffy to be related to the 'Pirate King.' Maybe she died and thats why Dragon is all "Eff the WG"

I just said that...http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif

restated opinion:

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 10:38 AM

Eheh, I knew that, I'm just a smartass O.o

All the D's act the pretty much the same. Dragon prolly does too, if Luffy's mom was a D.(my theory :kukuku ) she probably acted like that too; we've only seen the mean pictures of Dragon so far...plus I'm pretty sure he smiled alot in Loguetown, just the sinister type, like Gol..

Everybody want to be a smartass or badass, lol :gigglebunny

Romance Dawn= Romance meant adventure here it meant the dawn of Adventure = Sky island arc

I don't think Luffy understands that a pirate's life is about pillaging villages and slaughtering innocent people. I think he thinks that pirates are saints or something.

No he dun think (saint or killing)so. It more like pirate = fun = protecting nakama = adventure = fun = food (variety) = food = fun = everybody can have their own way = you do the killing, I eat = fun

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 10:49 AM
Everybody want to be a smartass or badass, lol :gigglebunny

I don't want to be a smartass... It just comes naturally

Romance Dawn= Romance meant adventure here it meant the dawn of Adventure = Sky island arc

Apparently you don't understand what I'm saying.. Romance Dawn refers to three separate, pirate-themed manga chapters drawn by artist Eiichiro Oda between 1996 and 1997. It was the original concept for OP. WAY before the Skypiea Saga

No he dun think (saint or killing)so. It more like pirate = fun = protecting nakama = adventure = fun = food (variety) = food = fun = everybody can have their own way = you do the killing, I eat = fun

o.O

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 11:13 AM
Apparently you don't understand what I'm saying.. Romance Dawn refers to three separate, pirate-themed manga chapters drawn by artist Eiichiro Oda between 1996 and 1997. It was the original concept for OP. WAY before the Skypiea Saga

Care to explain, It still meant dawn of adventure, are you talking about wanter, Romance dawn with early Shanks or early Luffy's granpa.

But I think we are off topic

So i am on topic

Well we never know about who is zoro, sanji, nami, or franky's parents so maybe they are all step brother and sister of luffy (i know that very much unlikely and it would made One Piece less fun but we just still don't know any thing about those character's parents so maybe they are all aquantince of Dragon, Garp or shank

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 11:18 AM
They've already all expressed that they don't have any connections with Dragon, Garp or Shanks, and shock that Luffy knew them personally and/or was related to them.

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 01:30 PM
They've already all expressed that they don't have any connections with Dragon, Garp or Shanks, and shock that Luffy knew them personally and/or was related to them.

Nami don't know her truth parents + and what about the romance dawn thing, was I misunderstood.

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 01:39 PM
It's a very stupid idea and something Oda would never do; Leave it at that.. Er, I'll try to explain this in as simple terms as I can. Romance Dawn is Oda's first attempt at a pirate based manga, it was like the concept for One Piece.

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 01:57 PM
Romance Dawn is Oda's first attempt at a pirate based manga, it was like the concept for One Piece.

I understand. but what it have to do with romantic (love-love) theme? The ans is NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING =)

I just realize something. I should not get too personal about these kind of opion topic. YIKE, feel free to led your mind wonder and think of the impossible and stupid. Sorry to those whose opinion I shoot down. (I such a good sniper)

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 03:23 PM
O_O I didn't say anything about love, I was just being a smartass :blink

sushi
November 23, 2006, 01:00 AM
smartass again................hahaahahahah

maybe the snipers are just too good for the normal people....................just kidding.we for sure know bout usopp but i'm for most curious bout nami's parentsbut that is another topic so backkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Lohnt
November 23, 2006, 02:52 AM
Luffy's mother is Robin.. yes it's possible.. no it's not true.

But.. if not Robin, then definately Franky.

sushi
November 23, 2006, 02:56 AM
you are sure making fun of yourself...........

mirai
November 23, 2006, 03:39 AM
Ace and Luffy have different fathers, thats why the last names are different.

Liqiud
November 23, 2006, 09:04 AM
Luffy's mother is Robin.. yes it's possible.. no it's not true.

Eheh, not the top of your math class are ya. She was 11 when he was born.

But.. if not Robin, then definately Franky.

WTF are you talking about...Franky has nothing to do with this. :darn And you spelled 'definitely' wrong..

Ace and Luffy have different fathers, thats why the last names are different.

Eh, not so much...If you think in that mentality, Luffy's dad and grandpa have different last names as well. Also read in wiki if the names of OP were americanised, then Ace's name would be D. Portgas Ace.

mirai
November 23, 2006, 10:01 AM
Eh, not so much...If you think in that mentality, Luffy's dad and grandpa have different last names as well. Also read in wiki if the names of OP were americanised, then Ace's name would be Ace Portgas D.

Monkey D. Garp
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Garp

Portegas D. Ace

Monkey is the same for Garp, Dragon and Luffy, and Portegas for Ace.
So Luffy's grandpa has same last name as his father, the same as Luffy, and Ace has different.

And the wiki, what ground do it have for stating that americanisation will make it Ace Portegas D. ?
Is Portegas D. a single world? dont think so...

Liqiud
November 23, 2006, 12:02 PM
Because the Japanese kanji names usually consist of a family name (D. only as confirmed by Saul), followed by a given name(Luffy), followed by a middle name(Monkey). the middle name is like a given name for future generations, like my middle name is James, as was my father', as is my grandfather's, as was my great grandfather's, etc...

Luffy is most likely the same 'Monkey' is most likely a middle name passed down, while Ace, as with alot of children is named for his mother.

So their names directly translated are.

D. Luffy Monkey
D. Dragon Monkey
D. Garp Monkey
D. Portgas Ace

If D. is not the family name as Saul said it was. Then you might be right.

It's also obvious that they look and act the same..nuff said.

kadodo
November 23, 2006, 05:08 PM
The only thing I wish is that she's still alive. maybe Luffy's mother has to do with Dragon going against the world government. Anybody else think the same?

bebekhappy
November 23, 2006, 05:24 PM
yeah i do...it's nice if we can see his mother.
what if his mother was the store keeper (forgot the name >.<) back in chp 1?

weixiaobao
November 23, 2006, 05:26 PM
yeah i do...it's nice if we can see his mother.
what if his mother was the store keeper (forgot the name >.<) back in chp 1?

we have already decided in this thread that she is not his mother. Right now Liqiud's theory that his mother is Gold Roger's sister or twin sister or even daughter. (I forgot which)

Liqiud
November 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
The only thing I wish is that she's still alive. maybe Luffy's mother has to do with Dragon going against the world government. Anybody else think the same?

OMFGBBQ If one more person posts this I'm going to open up a can of cyber whoopass.. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/Fighting_emoticons_-_matrix.gif

I'll restate this AGAIN:

kadodo
November 23, 2006, 11:12 PM
Well it's just your opinion and that was my opinion up there too. I'll only believe you if you have some good stuff to back up what you say.

jeffhmwong
November 24, 2006, 02:31 AM
What if luffys mom is some old bitch just like avilda? Remmeber, avilda use 2 be old n ugly untill she ate the DF...

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 09:55 AM
Well it's just your opinion and that was my opinion up there too. I'll only believe you if you have some good stuff to back up what you say.

That theory is my "Good stuff" (It's flawless and perfectly clear; although it is most likely wrong) In which you restated in a very vague form.

What if luffys mom is some old bitch just like avilda? Remmeber, avilda use 2 be old n ugly untill she ate the DF...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

weixiaobao
November 24, 2006, 12:02 PM
OMFGBBQ If one more person posts this I'm going to open up a can of cyber whoopass.. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/Fighting_emoticons_-_matrix.gif

I'll restate this AGAIN:

Liqiud, you killing Kadodo (don't kill fellow One Piece's fan) (PS. he may not have read your post since this is like 7 pages long, come on, just inform him, don't kill him)

That's a possibility, LOL LOL LOL. There are quite a few female pirates. Wait, could Luffy's mother a pirate? even though she maybe GR's relative but does that meant she a pirate herself? Hmmmm, I think she most unlikely to be a pirate, maybe she working the circuit or something, a clown perphap.

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
WTF would she be a clown for!?! A pirate, now that possible -- Pirate + Association/Daughter or Sister of Gol D. Roger = WG execution

weixiaobao
November 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
I just saying a clown, since that why luffy so mess up. (noting just a guess)

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 12:50 PM
Eh, all the Ds act like that apparently.

kadodo
November 24, 2006, 12:54 PM
You know that Liqiud just went too far you know, but it's good that he admitted that his theory was wrong (lol)

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 01:02 PM
You know that Liqiud just went too far you know

Too far? I just said I was going to open up a can of cyber whoopass. There is no too far to me.

but it's good that he admitted that his theory was wrong (lol)

Eh, I said it's probably wrong, and unintentionally or not, you vaguely restated my theory.

kadodo
November 24, 2006, 01:07 PM
Oh well, we'll just have to believe whatever we want.

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 12:24 AM
luffys mom is definetaly one of the "mighty seven pirates" and she had better behot and a DF user or it would b weird

renrutal
December 27, 2006, 03:36 AM
(X)+ or - years ago - Garp and Roger are good friends. They go to Piracy and the Marines.

(X) y ago - Garp and Roger have their children.

(X-?) y ago - Roger and Garp met again, their children also met. Dragon goes to Piracy with Roger. Dragon learns a lot about forbidden stuff. Roger may have become the Pirate King during this time.

For (X-22) years, Garp "corners" Roger, until the last time when something unusual happened. Roger asks Dragon to take care of his daughter.

5 years later, she and Dragon have Luffy. Roger's daughter dies some time later, due to being associated with Roger (and possible knowledge of forbidden stuff). 3 years before they take care of Ace, grandson of Garp, son of Dragon's, now dead, sister.

After her death, Dragon decides to leave Ace and Luffy with Garp, and leaves to get revenge from WG.

Efreet
December 27, 2006, 07:24 AM
(X)+ or - years ago - Garp and Roger are good friends. They go to Piracy and the Marines.

(X) y ago - Garp and Roger have their children.

(X-?) y ago - Roger and Garp met again, their children also met. Dragon goes to Piracy with Roger. Dragon learns a lot about forbidden stuff. Roger may have become the Pirate King during this time.

For (X-22) years, Garp "corners" Roger, until the last time when something unusual happened. Roger asks Dragon to take care of his daughter.

5 years later, she and Dragon have Luffy. Roger's daughter dies some time later, due to being associated with Roger (and possible knowledge of forbidden stuff). 3 years before they take care of Ace, grandson of Garp, son of Dragon's, now dead, sister.

After her death, Dragon decides to leave Ace and Luffy with Garp, and leaves to get revenge from WG.

wow, you really took the trouble to do all the calculating and stuff :amuse

i agree with you, i think she died or why would it be Garp taking care of Luffy and Ace and not her

OP_overlord
December 27, 2006, 01:39 PM
i dont think that she died garp TOOK luffy and ace away for trainingand she went to become one of the mighty seven pirates and changed her name and we have yet to meet her in that family you cant think that teh mom would be weak she has to be able to control dragon

sushi
January 05, 2007, 08:51 PM
that's kinda cliche I think

hopefully his mom is wicked cool

Kalkoen
January 11, 2007, 09:55 AM
Isn’t it obvious? Miss Monday is Luffy’s mother look at the resemblance :blink

kadodo
January 11, 2007, 10:56 AM
I don't know if Luffy will meet his mom but I'm sure that when he meets Dragon he'll find out about his mom.

hrseber
January 11, 2007, 01:57 PM
I dont think that he will ask his Dad about his Mom because Luffy was confused when Garp told him he had a father. He doesn't seem to care about others pasts and his own. Remember he didnt listen to what happened to Nami in her past or to Robin because that doesn't matter to him. .... Also I think that woman at the bar took care of him like a mother and if Oda does copy Hunter X Hunter, the kid in that manga didn't want to hear about his mother because he said that the woman who took care of hiim was his mother. Sorry this is slightly not coherent. I'm really tired.

kadodo
January 11, 2007, 02:09 PM
Well it's true that Luffy won't ask about his mother but I'm sure Dragon will tell him about her.

OP_overlord
January 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
yeah the same may garp told him about dragon and she might have died and the woman at the bar could be his adopted mom or the husband of Dadan and took care of him after training

sushi
January 12, 2007, 01:52 AM
dragon shuld meet n tell him bout his mother soon

OP_overlord
January 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
and train with him but he should tell him how cool and strong she was (she might have been related to gold roger in someway and there fore garp had to kill her and dragon is now pissed at him and started the rev to get back at him that was just a little askew from the topic )

sushi
January 13, 2007, 07:40 AM
i don think dragon is mad at garp since they both kinda don to each other type of guys

Seiken
January 13, 2007, 09:06 AM
i don think dragon is mad at garp since they both kinda don to each other type of guys

Yup, I suppose that he has something undone with WG, not his father.

Isn’t it obvious? Miss Monday is Luffy’s mother look at the resemblance :blink
Now that's a scary picture! :eek

OP_overlord
January 13, 2007, 04:28 PM
Thats a scary picture. :eek

that is scary and i dont ever see it she would have said somethin too
i think that she is dead cause if she was alive we would have heard abou ther and dragon not just dragon

sushi
January 14, 2007, 01:58 AM
haahhahahh

she should be dead dead nothing good came from her you know n kinda looks like never born a child before

seishiro kuki
January 14, 2007, 03:26 AM
I don't think every part of luffy family needs to have a don in the manga,, wat kind of family is that!!! grandpa as a high officer marine, father as a reballion leader, bigbro as high rank pirate, and himself having the ideal to be a pirate king.
those family needs someone who is ordinary and neutral to either of those 'career' and settle the family feud... her mom would

sushi
January 14, 2007, 03:56 AM
anybody seen life with bonnie or something

their family is totally boggus so why not luffy's

OP_overlord
January 14, 2007, 10:51 AM
yeah she how can a weak normal person control the the four of them she has to be strong it would be weird if shewas a normal person (may be there sister is normal)

seishiro kuki
January 15, 2007, 11:26 AM
Buh! we already confused about her mom... I won't hoping for a sister, if they have one probably she's got look like alvida(before eating the devil fruit) :lol

OP_overlord
January 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
yeah that would be funny she could ba normal person (the bartender at the very begining that looked after luffy)

sushi
January 17, 2007, 06:54 AM
hehehehhehehe

stay on track guys before the mods came here

well said, cause im sick and tired off all the spam in this section - Boff

OP_overlord
January 17, 2007, 08:40 PM
what was offtopic

ok ok the sister thing that was my bad ... sorry sorry

but i still think that the bartender could be his mom

sushi
January 18, 2007, 05:03 AM
hahahahhah

so the mods were here

the bartender looks too young for their mother don cha think

xr3b0rn5inx
January 31, 2007, 12:05 AM
Awww....thats so sad...if she'd died.....

I rather her to be another pirate captain (like avilda) and when the meet they can have a 4 way battle

Family reunion meh =.=.....i have a feeling Luffy's mom is already dead +_+

Ace Vs Dragon Vs Luffys Mom Vs Luffy.

OP_overlord
January 31, 2007, 06:26 PM
she does look young but so do all the other characters in op aokiji looks 20 and he is prob like 40

sushi
March 27, 2007, 10:46 AM
aokiji is different since he is kinda half giant

Anti-panda
March 27, 2007, 09:47 PM
I think luffy's mom is one of the four emperors .... It would be weird if she was normal... Yes I said it' Look at luffy ... and dragon ... and Garp .. hell even ace. If someone in that family was normal ... It'd be weird ... Think about luffy and imagine what mixture would create him.

Think algebra A + B = C > D
A= Monkey D. Dragon
B= Luffy's unknown mom
C= Luffy
D = Garp

So we've seen all those people except B. So I doubt that she's normal ... But considering how luffy is ... and how Dragon was happy that he decided to be a pirate. That'd be cool.

OP_overlord
March 27, 2007, 10:03 PM
i was thinking that she would be super strong but then it wouldnt be fair to the rest of the world, luffy, dragon, ace, garp, and a yonkou they could take over the world tomarro and no one could do anything so i think she is normal and that is why dragon married her because she isnt like him oppisites attrack

Anti-panda
March 27, 2007, 10:51 PM
i was thinking that she would be super strong but then it wouldnt be fair to the rest of the world, luffy, dragon, ace, garp, and a yonkou they could take over the world tomarro and no one could do anything so i think she is normal and that is why dragon married her because she isnt like him oppisites attrack

Except you'd have one helluva time getting all those people to agree or work together on anything.
Just because all the people in one family are strong doesn't mean that they don't apply that strength to different goals.

OP_overlord
March 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
that is kinda what i was thinking the mom has a strong will and can control all the family her fist of love is super super super strong

Anti-panda
March 28, 2007, 11:07 PM
The real question is will luffy even know his mom. And if he doesn't will she know him???

Imagine if they have this big encounter only to reveal that they are mother and son. After the fact.

sushi
March 30, 2007, 11:15 PM
i don think luffy knows his mom on the hand ace does...

i kinda agree bout controlling using love and will
that is kinda nice but somehow the idea of luffy's mom being super strong same like the family members also strucked me cold

the possibility of anything happen is high just that when

the revealing of luffy's mom is going to be fun...

deathshadow25
April 05, 2007, 08:15 PM
Does anybody think that Luffy's Mom could be part of the Shichibukai or however you spell it?

Anti-panda
April 06, 2007, 12:43 PM
Does anybody think that Luffy's Mom could be part of the Shichibukai or however you spell it?

Yeah but considering you have to abandon your crew and your mark to become a shinchibukai, If she's anything like luffy she would never do that. I consider it far more likely that she is one of the Four Emporers in the New World. Luffy's mom being one of the four great pirates/pirate crews. That'd be AWSOME!!

KuraiOfAnagura
April 06, 2007, 03:50 PM
i'm not sure, but the windmill village chief said something about "Dadan". is it a male name, or could it also be a female name???
if it is a female name, Dadan can be Luffy's and Ace's mother, She rised the boys ind windmil village und the protection of a headquarter vice-admiral, who likes his daughter-in-law.

sushi
April 07, 2007, 07:23 PM
ehehehheh...supposely yeah
garp love his daughter in law more than his son

Anti-panda
April 07, 2007, 08:57 PM
Garp never said he didn't like his son. As a matter of fact the statement that he was told by dragon that he "greeted" luffy at logue town, Implies that he's had contact be it direct or indirect with dragon since luffy departed logue town. That can't be popular with the higher ups ... i mean Dragon is the most wanted man in op.

deathshadow25
April 08, 2007, 09:20 PM
I bet she's totally different than we'd expect like a house-wife if she isn't a member of the shichibukai(?) it would be cool to if she was like a supermom who had powers too but was a housewife type in disguise

OP_overlord
April 10, 2007, 08:37 PM
and her only weakness was kryptonite. :p

but i agree with you she is not a pirate type just a normal person

Anti-panda
April 11, 2007, 10:22 PM
Hmm... considering what we know i doubt she'll be normal. Maybe not a pirate or anything fancy, but Luffy is so far the only strawhat we know has any living blood relatives ... I say this because as far as we know Zoro was a orphan and sanji never mentions his blood relatives. The only reason i really make exception is franky. Mention of his father being a once ... or currently famous pirate.

OP_overlord
April 11, 2007, 10:58 PM
luffy is not the only SH to have living blood relatives to be strong pirates/marines/revolutionists. ussop's dad and choppers and sanji's "father" are and were famous pirates once robins mom is famous

Anti-panda
April 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
Ohh yeah your right .. I forgot about ussop and Yassop ... doh...
However....

I just had a ... stroke of madness or genius i can't tell. Luffy doesn't really resembel any of the women we've encountered thus far. Except maybe the barmaid from his hometown. But there is a woman that closely resemble's his brother, Ace, look closely at Alvida before she eats her subesube no mi, the freckles and her style and even her hair. All of which ace bears a resemblance to. Now if luffy and ace are straight up brothers, that makes alvida his mom. But if they are half brothers like some people suspect then that makes alvida no real relation to luffy.
However that means at some point Dragon slept with alvida... Ewww.... gross.
Then again some guys like fat chicks. Not to be insensitive but theres slightly overweight and then theres is that a chick or a manatee.
Well anyways Just something I thought I'd bring to light.

OP_overlord
April 12, 2007, 10:34 PM
thanks now i have to get the image of alvida and dragon together out of my head

it could happen but i would hope not she was to weak not that that is wrong to be weak infact i want her to be normal but she was a pose and not cool enought to be luffys mom

i was saying the barmaid from the begining she looked after luffy for a while

Anti-panda
April 13, 2007, 05:48 PM
thanks now i have to get the image of alvida and dragon together out of my head

it could happen but i would hope not she was to weak not that that is wrong to be weak infact i want her to be normal but she was a pose and not cool enought to be luffys mom

i was saying the barmaid from the begining she looked after luffy for a while

Don't mention it ... I was happy to put that image in your head. And if it makes you feel better. As disturbing as that image is, to have it in your head. Imagine how disturbing it is to have that image come from your head. Welcome to My world.

sushi
April 17, 2007, 05:03 AM
oh no dont make it come into my brain...way to disgisting

OP_overlord
April 17, 2007, 09:08 PM
we know it is in your head now that you said that by the way

i dont think that the barmaid in luffys home town was his mom but it could be her freind and when luffy goes into town to get supply's her chills with her (luffy and momo aer like hermits on the top of some mt. or in some cave, a good days walk from the village)

sushi
April 18, 2007, 05:58 AM
the bartender could not be his mother since she is way tooo young and I like her better a friend of luffy or his mother's relative

OP_overlord
April 18, 2007, 10:48 PM
yeah i think that to but now ages in this manga aokiji is like 20 looking but he was prob 30 20 years ago

Anti-panda
April 19, 2007, 12:40 AM
I don't think we've been introduced to luffy's mom yet. I think we will .. but not now ... I still think she's one of the four emporers.
I mean I doubt she's a normal person because if not we'd have been introduced to her before we all left East Blue.
Basically who is she .. isn't as important as Where is she? and Why is she there?
I mean what is she doing instead of raising her son... / son's???

Paz42
April 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
I dont think that she is one of the four emporers as neither of them looks particuly feminie but i dont know.

i dont really know if this has being brought up but i some how think she may be related to gold rodger cos if i remember rightly Gol was executed 22 years ago and luffy is 17-18 currently making him about 5 at the time of Gols execution

Now my theory is that luffys mum is like gols daughter or relation in some way but i think dragon at this point was a promising marine after garp meets luffys mum falls in love and have to keep there relationship a secret because of ruining dragons carer they have ace a few years later luffy some how their love is discovered and she is caught and taken away dragon is disgraced and dismissed from the navy Gol becomes engraged by this and trys to rescue her but to late and is executed. Leading up to Gols capture and execution all of this leading to dragon becomming the fanatic he is today

Now i know this is a rather far fetched theory and is most likely completly wrong but i would like to think of it as a enormous love story

Eboria
April 19, 2007, 06:23 PM
i dont really know if this has being brought up but i some how think she may be related to gold rodger cos if i remember rightly Gol was executed 22 years ago and luffy is 17-18 currently making him about 5 at the time of Gols execution

Sorry I just have to ask, did you type wrong or am i misunderstanding you?
Because if Roger was executed 22 years ago and luffy is 17-18 wouldn't that mark Luffys birth about 4-5 years after Rogers death?

OP_overlord
April 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
yeah and that would make more sence to his theory

Paz42
April 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
damnyour completly right my maths makes no sense ill have a re-think on that one thanks for pointing that out i guess maths insnt my strong point

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 01:30 AM
Anyways I bet luffy's mom is really smart ... totally unlike luffy .... And if she's really pretty thats gonna make things weird for sanji. I wonder if maybe his mom is in the revolutionaries like his dad? That seems kind of ... Blah.... boring. If this were another manga i'd say I was right ... But I expect more from one piece and i bet she'll be interesting.
Also I bet luffy won't care.... just like he didn't care that dragon was his dad.

Paz42
April 20, 2007, 04:12 AM
ye watch her be really really famous and luffy find out who she is or was and just be like o i had a mom cos i wet myself when he was "i had a dad" when garp told him about dragon

Anti-panda
April 20, 2007, 04:35 PM
Luffy's a strange guy. Things that don't really matter to other people mean alot to him. And things like family that matter alot to other people don't really seem to matter to him at all.

sushi
April 20, 2007, 08:08 PM
maybe but he was surprise about ace meeting him last time

OP_overlord
April 20, 2007, 08:35 PM
yeah i dont think it is a he doesnt care situation just he didnt knwo them so he wasnt excited to get to know them but he liked/ looked up to ace so he was happy to see him

Slippers
May 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
There's three main powers in the Pirate World
The World Government
The Pirates Opposing the World Government
And the Shikibukai
Luffy is already related to Garp (World Government) and Dragon (Opposing the WG)
That only leaves the Shikibukai. That also explains Dragon wanting to go against the WG, because the Shikibukai is working with them. I'm thinking that Luffy's mother didn't have a choice, and had to become a Shikibukai. And the Dragon got mad because of this and went against the WG
So, I think that Luffy's mother is the last member of the Shikibukai

Xman
May 21, 2007, 07:06 AM
maybe someone said this before me, but in chapter 440 page 2
the old man in luffy's village said name after he mintioned grap and "3 generation" and at the last he said "where is Dadan to see this?" (in another scna "does Dadan know?").

anyone ??!

P.S. i couldnt post the pic here cuz "im nooby" please teach me :<

IgnorantSage
May 21, 2007, 07:27 AM
I'm thinking that Luffy's mother didn't have a choice, and had to become a Shikibukai. And the Dragon got mad because of this and went against the WG
So, I think that Luffy's mother is the last member of the Shikibukai

I really don't think that Dragon's reason is as shallow and as selfish as that.

Luckas
May 21, 2007, 12:36 PM
maybe someone said this before me, but in chapter 440 page 2
the old man in luffy's village said name after he mintioned grap and "3 generation" and at the last he said "where is Dadan to see this?" (in another scna "does Dadan know?").

anyone ??!

P.S. i couldnt post the pic here cuz "im nooby" please teach me :<Yes, it was already noted: Dadan, who is he or she? (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7115) ;)

Absolutio
May 27, 2007, 05:02 PM
did anyone thought of the almost "impossible" option that luffy's mom is just an ordinary person? how much influential ppl can one family produce?! :o

Kikuna992
May 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
I've had a crazy idea so crazy it might just happen. Maybe the last shichibukai is Luffy's mum. A lot of people are saying the last shichicbukai is going to be a woman, you never know... It might be one of those Starwars situations.

Mum Shichibukai: "I am your mother!"

Luffy: "NOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

:p :p

Anti-panda
May 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
I've had a crazy idea so crazy it might just happen. Maybe the last shichibukai is Luffy's mum. A lot of people are saying the last shichicbukai is going to be a woman, you never know... It might be one of those Starwars situations.

Mum Shichibukai: "I am your mother!"

Luffy: "NOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

:p :p

Luffy could whip Luke Skywalker .. No Contest.

But I do think that his mom could be a shinchibukai ... but I'm hoping she's one of the yonkou.

OP_overlord
May 28, 2007, 11:12 PM
im going with Absulutio on this one
and ill beat that she is dead

IgnorantSage
May 29, 2007, 05:48 AM
And I'm going with OP_overlord and Absulutio

There is still a possibility that she is alive but the odds against that are high.
And while she is normal, she won't be normal 'normal', she'll have some quirks but still relatively normal compared to the rest of her family. She might even be the stereotypical caring mom, like Gon's aunt from HxH

Anti-panda
May 29, 2007, 05:33 PM
I expect more out of OP than a simply .. the world govt destroyed my wife so now I'll destroy it.... I think dragon's motivation for wanting to overthrow the WG has more to do with the secret of the Void history .. and The general Corruption and darkness of the world govt. in general.

I think Luffy's mom is a famous pirate. I hope a shinchibukai or a yonkou. I bet she's the Dadan referenced by the mayor of luffy's hometown.

It would be weird if she was dead ... considering luffy's said he was raised by his grandpa, I hope she's alive and someone of some renown. I think I want her to be a pirate because luffy already has family ties to the marines (through his gramps) and the revolutionaries (through his father) and I just don't see ace as a direct tie to Pirates.
Plus consider this... Why did Ace Want to become a pirate. They've never shown him interacting with shanks or his crew.. so ... what was ace's influence to become a pirate??
I bet it was his mom... a pirate.

IgnorantSage
June 01, 2007, 06:37 AM
I expect more out of OP than a simply .. the world govt destroyed my wife so now I'll destroy it.... I think dragon's motivation for wanting to overthrow the WG has more to do with the secret of the Void history .. and The general Corruption and darkness of the world govt. in general.

I agree. If that was Dragon's motivation it would be too melodramatic and lame. I have to disagree with you on the idea that Luffy's mom is a pirate though. Yes, there is a very big possibility that she is indeed a pirate but I am leaning more towards the idea that she is just a normal person or someone not associated with any of the three world powers.

She could be a decently powerful individual but it would better if she was not aligned with any of the three world powers. She might be a pacifist who disagrees with the revolution, but that's just me.

Lobotomy Jane
July 13, 2009, 12:23 PM
I have an idea:
Luffy's grand-father (not Garp, the other) is the owner of a little restaurant, somewhere in the East Blue. Then his daughter (Luffy's mother) work as waiter and stuff like that. One day, Dragon arrived at the place looking for food and met the girl. Somehow, they fall in love and start a family. But Dragon has an irresistible urge to go against the government and leaves. Somehow, the grandpa and mother die, and Garp has to take Ace and Luffy to that island where the were raised.

It's similar to Ussop story...
[hr]
I've just thought about another posibility :D
Gol D. Roger is Luffy's grand-father. Monkey D. Luffy, Gol D. Roger... think about it, Luffy's family is full of great famous men, it can be posible. And the ones who met the Pirate King are always saying that Luffy acts like him and says similar things, there is probably a family tie between them.

Well, then his mother must be Gol D. Roger's daughter, who probaly grew as a normal child who barely met his father.

modoki
July 21, 2009, 11:48 AM
Ace's mother had a pregnancy ability to keep a unborn way over a year. Whoever was luffy's mother probably wasnt that important.

cleodux
July 23, 2009, 10:19 PM
Ace's mother had a pregnancy ability to keep a unborn way over a year. Whoever was luffy's mother probably wasnt that important.

That just random.

I think there is a reason why Luffy left as a child by his parents. Either his mother had passed away, or still alive and kicking. And she will totally has the same crazy&eating habit like Luffy. And she is a bishoujo, otherwise Dragon will not want to marry her.

I believe when Luffy and the gang meet Dragon. His father will tell him about his mother. And then the revelation will shock the hell out of the gang and us readers. Like how Ace's parents revealed not long ago.

Lord Rayleigh
July 25, 2009, 01:04 PM
According to the last chapter, it seems that Dadan is not Luffy's mother as Luffy was sent to Dadan's to be took care, and Ace was already raised by Dadan at this time. I guess he had been raised by Garp before knowing the training he had (that was before he got his SH). Knowing also that Luffy stayed in Fushia Town after he went to Dadan's, I guess Dadan and Ace were also living in or near Fushia Town.

I think that Luffy's mom and Dragon met in some kind of island and they decided that Luffy could not be raised by revolutionaries as they wanted to protect him. Thus, I think Luffy does not know about his mother.

chess4
August 03, 2009, 07:08 PM
i think luffy's mother was somehow killed by the WG, and that is the reason dragon is trying to overthrow them.

c0nflikt
August 03, 2009, 08:05 PM
i think luffys mom was one of the amazons, and the gorgon sisters (Yes hancock) are all his sisters, hancock looks like she could be his sister and wouldn't that be so like luffy to have a totally banging sister who rules a country and would fall in love with him.

Poneglyph420
August 03, 2009, 08:29 PM
Could be I always thought Nyon and Garp were once lovers and started the blood line..
[hr]
explains the Haki too...

beastboy
August 04, 2009, 04:18 PM
well, I think that luffy's mother is a live, and we will see her in the new world by dragons side, and we will see that the other side of luffy's familly is also quite powerfool like luffy's grandma be a yonkou *.*

Black Mirror
February 11, 2010, 05:51 PM
I tink that Luffy's mother is dead and she was an important person.

Since fate is a big term in One Piece I would like to combine some things and make a theory.

We all know that Brook was some kind of royal armee leader in a cerrtain kingdom. Let's assume that Dragon visited this country 20 years ago and met the princess of this country there. furthermore let's assume that this country was not a part of World Government. Dragon married this princess. World Government decided to kill the royal family and to destroy the country and turned the people to slaves. (east blue bridge) Luffy was born at that time already and somehow he was out of danger. Dragon started the war against WG while luffy was with dadan.

if this is somehow the case then why is garp still part of WG. Is it probably for luffy's sake? but luffy is already a well-known pirate, so what would be the reason?

there are some theories that garp is a spy...

and don't you think that luffy's "royal haki" would perfectly fit him if i am right with this theory?^^

ScratchmenApoo
February 12, 2010, 07:07 AM
If Luffy's mother was a Marine, she would have certainly joined in on the war.
If Luffy's mother was a Pirate, she would definitely be notorious and at least mentioned somewhere.
So I think she's someone like Portgas D. Rouge, a D. family member, but not well known.
I believe that only male D.'s are reckless and ferocious whereas female D.'s are the exact opposite - calm and intelligent.
Conclusion - she is a normal citizen somewhere and Luffy's crew will meet her in the New World and then she'll bake some cake and make some food for everyone.

Foxdie
February 12, 2010, 07:47 AM
For me, I don't think that she is a marine cause just like ScratchmenApoo said:

If Luffy's mother was a Marine, she would have certainly joined in on the war.
or at least, she would be the one who is responsible to force Luffy join the marine instead of Garp chasing Luffy for that.

but,
I think maybe she is a prisoner with the marine in a special place. I think she has something special that would not allow the marine to keep her in the Impel Down.

Lord Rayleigh
February 12, 2010, 03:20 PM
Just a crazy idea, what about Catarina Devon, " the most dangerous female ever to be imprisoned in ID within the entire age of pirates " ?

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 12, 2010, 04:27 PM
Just a crazy idea, what about Catarina Devon, " the most dangerous female ever to be imprisoned in ID within the entire age of pirates " ?

i cant imaging living with a women like that i mean who would want an assasin next to him at night .

Foxdie
February 12, 2010, 04:47 PM

Yes lord ^^" .. but I didn't say that she is dangerous!!
I said maybe she is really special, at least she is married to the greatest criminal in the whole world (Dragon) and the Marine is using her as a prisoner against Dragon.

Well, I have another theory also ..
maybe her memories are lost.
I don't know, but even so .. this not acceptable.

Rosebullet Teacher
February 12, 2010, 05:34 PM
The WG usually paints their enemies in a bad light so that dangerous remark could be all relative
FuS

Bucks
February 12, 2010, 11:38 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that she is still in Luffy's home town or dead. :x

Lord Rayleigh
February 14, 2010, 05:34 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that she is still in Luffy's home town or dead. :x
Still in Fushia Town ? That's impossible because after Luffy met Shanks and ate the Gomu Gomu Fruit, he was sent to live with Dadan and Ace. Who'd believe that she raised Luffy between his birth and Dadan's time, then didn't want anymore and made Garp send him to Dadan to stay alone in Fushia Town ?

The only thing we know is that Luffy didn't understand why he had to live with Ace and Dadan : is it because the one that raised him died and nobody told him ? Is it because this person left Fushia Town ? Is it because Garp decided that it was the time for Luffy to be raised by Dadan to get strong ?

Marche
February 22, 2010, 04:00 PM
Rufy's mother could be the "Queen of the Marmelaid".
I also want to know the mother of Dragon (the wife of Garp).

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 22, 2010, 04:04 PM
lets assume that she died that would be for the sake of the plot

Sachsenhesse
February 22, 2010, 06:11 PM
i cant imaging living with a women like that i mean who would want an assasin next to him at night .

i would love the thrill ^^

THM Nindo
February 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
Maybe she's part of the rebellion and she's still with Dragon...
Unlikely though since according to Ivan, Dragon was looking East to his wife and child...

In any case, if she's not important for the plot, we will never hear about her, since Luffy couldn't care less..
He doesn't even seem to care about his father at all, even knowing he's the most wanted man of the planet...

Fox666
February 22, 2010, 08:49 PM
But we don't know if Luffy grow up with his mother or not...

iKeno
February 23, 2010, 05:40 AM
But we don't know if Luffy grow up with his mother or not...

He grew up with Dandan.

Could be I always thought Nyon and Garp were once lovers and started the blood line..

explains the Haki too...

How would Roger, Saul, Teach, Rogue, Dragon...fit into that?

hdiuy
February 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
For some reason recently when i think of Luffy's mum, i think of a lazy,plump woman who does nothing but eat and drink all day.
Maybe Luffy's mum went to the Okama Land to enjoy life

Fox666
February 23, 2010, 10:55 AM
He grew up with Dandan.We don't know for sure. For example, in Naruto we never heard about Sakura's parents, that doesn't mean that she grew up with Kakashi... Luffy could just train with Garp and later Dadan, and coming back home there would be his mother waiting...

topkomputer
February 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
Luffy's mother gotta be dr kureha, that'll be great...

Lord Rayleigh
February 23, 2010, 02:10 PM
He grew up with Dandan.
And before Dadan my friend ? Do you remember that when OP started, Luffy did not live with Dadan. And of course, he never lived with Garp : as we've seen, Garp only came to Fushia during vacations.

BlackHair
February 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
Whoever his mother is, she will be probably plotwise a uninteresting character. I mean the Monkey D family seems to be a male leading family: Luffy (male) future PK, Garp (male) the hero of the marines and Dragon (male) most dangerous outlaw. We never heard anything of the women in the family, thus I believe they won't play any big roles or at most a sacrificing/dying part (similar as Ace's mother Rogue).

On a contrary we can take the Nico family as a women leading one: Nico Olivia (female) and Nico Robin (female). No mention of the male character in the family, since he probably didn't do anything worth mentioning.

Just to make myself clear: Im solely basing this on my experience from reading different stories/manga. It just the same schematic I noticed. I have to add, that in some series the characker wasn't even mentioned, so I wouldn''t expect anything big.

Anyway, I believe she is dead and her role in the manga was to give Dragon a reason to fight. Means she died in some fight with the WG.

DARK
February 25, 2010, 10:39 PM
Unless One Piece delves into a Dragon-related storyline and/or the struggles of the Revolutionaries, it is unlikely that we will see Luffy's mother any time soon. As she hasn't been seen or mentioned at all, it is impossible to give a full opinion about her.

Lord Rayleigh
February 26, 2010, 06:11 AM
We did not learn a lot of things about Shakkie except that she stopped being a pirate 40 years ago and that she used to be chased by Garp.
Why did she stop being a pirate when we know she is still - 40 years later - able to fight and looks young ?

MY ANSWER : because she's part of Monkey D. family : she's Dragon's mother. Anyway, she's not a Monkey D, she's just Garp's old love.

THEORIES : she was Garp's wife and became a pirate because he was never at home. That's why Garp was after her. It lasted a while and she got an important bounty which is why she is still hiding in Shabondy.
Garp chased her because she was a raising pirate and a time came when they felt in love. He got a kid with this pirate woman and that's why she stopped being a pirate 40 years ago as she was pregnant of Dragon. They put an end to their romance to protect the kid and Shakkie decided to hide in Shabondy. That also means Dragon is 39-40 years old.

DLord.Van.Buuren
February 26, 2010, 06:31 AM
during her meeting with luffy she didnt show the slightest emotional reaction , a tension from seeing her grandson for the first time .

Lord Rayleigh
February 26, 2010, 06:44 AM
during her meeting with luffy she didnt show the slightest emotional reaction , a tension from seeing her grandson for the first time
Anyway, she asked him if he was of the same family of Garp and she revealed a bit of her story : that must have been for something.
And I don't think she would say him anything if she was of his family, especially if she and Garp decided that she should never talk about their link.

PS : this is just a crazy theory as I said it.

Moses911
March 01, 2010, 08:14 PM
My prediction for luffy's mother would be either:
She is of royaly or a high position on raftel(the last island)
She was a powerful marine or yonkou that pasted away.
She is still alive as a captive of the world government(reason dragon is fighting, you think?
SHe could be some rude, drunk, cheery woman who owns a bar in the new world

For dragon's mother i predict either:
Shakky(it would fit oda's style)
someone related to roger in some way
someone related to dadan(need to find out who the hell he is first)
or the leader of the revolutionary army before dragon (my favorite)

Wrath
March 10, 2010, 06:22 PM
Clearly Luffy is too jaw to only be the child of Dragon, so my vote goes for one of the most famous pirates of all time... transformed into a woman by Iva.

ScratchmenApoo
March 12, 2010, 04:33 PM
Maybe Dragon got really drunk one night and made sweet sweet love with Catarina Devon ? We don't know when she was imprisoned... Also, maybe Dragon has a 'thing' for older women...

Shiro-kun
March 12, 2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe Dragon got really drunk one night and made sweet sweet love with Catarina Devon ? We don't know when she was imprisoned... Also, maybe Dragon has a 'thing' for older women...
Could you imagine that being Luffy's mother !?
;o:eek::eek:jawdrop

DLord.Van.Buuren
March 13, 2010, 06:30 AM

yeah appearantly we have a shortage on women in OP not many options you guys really think that .

mars0103
May 16, 2010, 06:30 PM
I know this is crazy but I have a idea that luffy's mom know could be a mermaid. I come to this because family revelations have come twice they were after EL and ID (dad and brother) so mom could be next the next island on the list is mermaid island and I think that there is where we get those answers.

Ipoopshootingstars
May 16, 2010, 09:40 PM
It is obvious that luffy's mother is chun li from street fighter! Duh

johnnyb7
May 17, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm guessing that Luffy's mother died a long time ago, possibly killed by the world government, sending Dragon to become a revolutionary and begin to fight against the world government.
But then again he could have been a revolutionary beforehand, so Luffy's mother may have been one too.
Either way I think that she is dead. By the end of one piece i think Luffy is going to meet his father and beat the shit out of him for abandoning him, alongside Usopp to Yasopp.

Captain-Awesome
June 25, 2010, 03:12 PM
I'm guessing that Luffy's mother died a long time ago, possibly killed by the world government, sending Dragon to become a revolutionary and begin to fight against the world government.
But then again he could have been a revolutionary beforehand, so Luffy's mother may have been one too.
Either way I think that she is dead. By the end of one piece i think Luffy is going to meet his father and beat the shit out of him for abandoning him, alongside Usopp to Yasopp.

That his mother died while being a revolutionary sounds plausible but I do not think luffy would fight his father. Cus to me it looks like he doesn't even care who his father is let stand fight him cus he abandoned him.

Poneglyph420
June 25, 2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah. I suspect Luffy's Mother was likely a victim of the WG's injustice, and likely fueled Dragon's desire for creating the RA. That or she's somewhere in the GL being bad ass! I'm hoping when Luffy and Dragon finally meet this will be cleared up.

Goos
June 29, 2010, 02:43 PM
Well guys, I reckon the Luffy's mother is on the RA, due to this picture: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/586/19/

Everyone suppose that it is Ivankov, but if we have seen Ivankov before, why would Oda hide his character and only show his leg? Oda have done it before when he hadn't presented Dandan in the story, he only showed a piece of her body, like in this image: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/
or in this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/568/06/

Why couldn't Oda do the same thing for Luffy's mom?
Everybody is saying that she could be a victim of WG action, but she could be as strong as Hancock, for example. Also, what bugs me is what happened to Boa's mother? It was said that Boa's predecessors died from lovesickness, however, was ever said that her mother was the previous empress? I would be absolutely bizarre if Oda managed to say that Boa's mother is Dragon's wife and subsequently Luffy's mother, which would mean that Luffy and Boa are brothers, that is why both of them have the king's disposition, but, as I said, it would absolutely bizarre so forget it :).

Cheers,

Fox666
June 29, 2010, 02:59 PM
Well, it is Ivankov because of the way he talk...

DLord.Van.Buuren
June 30, 2010, 04:51 PM
Well, it is Ivankov because of the way he talk...

thats far feched . luffy's mother is going to be revealed for sure , i assume she is against the world government thats a fact , she is wanted because she married a criminal , she died either of illness or she was killed .

Dasbones
June 30, 2010, 10:03 PM
Every time I see Makino, I think that somehow she is related to luffy, maybe she is his aunt or something, there is too much of a resemblance for it to be nothing.

ScratchmenApoo
July 01, 2010, 06:55 AM
Every time I see Makino, I think that somehow she is related to luffy, maybe she is his aunt or something, there is too much of a resemblance for it to be nothing.

I don't think she is directly related to Luffy.
I guess she's just a person who looks out for Luffy in Windmill Village and tries to be a mother for him, because she knows Luffy's real mother is gone - either dead or just far away.

PaPiPuPePo~
July 27, 2010, 07:20 AM
Maybe luffys mother was a great pirate most wanted and maybe she was in gol d rogers crew
maybe she has a DF and wg want this DF thats why the wg hunts her she couldn't live a normal live so she decide to join rogers crew
she wanted to be free but wg gave her so much pain and darkness ...
when she was pregnant the Wg tries to attack her gave her so much pain and sorrow and she decide to surrender :x
and dragon gets pissed of the Wg
she told to dragon thats the only way to protect luffy and please nobody should know that iam his mother my name should never named in luffy live

after that she gets shoot or wg told the world she is dead but the true is they hide her from the world

and grap dont know much about her he never meet luffys mother
luffys mother is mega beautiful she was the most beautifuls woman of the world or something like that than after her there came boa XDDD

i know thats a stupid theory but hey XD yeah dragon xD
and sorry for my bad english XDDD WUUUUUUUU

Jorge D. Dragon
July 27, 2010, 07:51 AM
In fact I think that Luffy's mother is alive, though she could be with Dragon or can be somewhere else, but she should be alive. And I think that Oda will reveal her identity. I think she could be rather important person. She can be a pirate or she can be even from a World Nobels. If she was from World Nobels and fell in love with Dragon, but she couldn't be with him, cause he was a mere human, so she intrusted their child to him and went back to Marijoa ,but Dragon couldn.t withstand this and he left Luffy in Windmill Village and went to change the World's order which he didn't like;)

beastboy
July 29, 2010, 08:30 PM
Luffy's mother is WG's Leader, I mean the one above the 5 elder stars, xD.
It would be just plain epic, like she betrayed Dragon to became Queen, and the real reason for the Revolutionary Army is vengeance.

Zeltrax
July 30, 2010, 07:24 AM
Luffy mother's character is probably like luffy,
carefree and loves his friends a lot, including his husband.
Dragon might have been someone that loved peace because of her
and her death lead him to become the person he is now.
I see dragon as a sasuke, but not a blind one, he's justice has his reasons but he's fueled deeply by hatred.
at least thats my theory.

Which makes him a complete opposite of luffy's carefree nature.
HEY! That is a good plot device!

Soka
August 02, 2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe she was a noble who fell in love with a commoner and therefore she got killed after they found out she gave birth to a "dirty" child.

It would explain dragons hate towards the WG ; why Luffy wasnt a baby when Garp gave him to Dadan and it would improve the plot by giving Luffy another reason to fight against the WG. Maybe thats the reason why Dragon had to hide and leave his own son

Maronia
April 13, 2011, 10:40 PM
Ha how sad, I was looking for One Piece discussions on this topic and so I joined just to put forward my little theory. So hey guys! Gomu Gomu-First Post!

Luffy and Ace, despite not being related by blood, do look alike, and lets not forget how alike Luffy is to Roger. What if they did share the same blood, in terms of cousins?

Roger could easily have had a sister and married or had relations with Dragon. As lets face it, the man who is now the most wanted in the world MUST have passed by or had dealings with the Pirate King. So if that was the case, there wouldn't be difficulty in Dragon meeting Roger's sister. I can imagine her being very stern in comparison to Roger's antics and Dragon being the more serious man he is, probably being attracted to that type of woman.

If we went with this theory I can see it going during the time that the Marines hunted down anyone who could've given birth to Roger's son. Is it that much of an impossibility that they also hunted down any relative? But imagine one relative was protected by the Revolutionaries, and the other in protection of Garp? Roger might have entrusted Ace to Garp due to coming to trust the Monkey family as a whole. Knowing his sister was under the protection of Dragon, which I believe she still is. As for not being there for Luffy, well, Revolutionary work and the fact if she was to make herself known, then there's a good chance she'd be hunted again.

It has also been stated by Word of God (Oda) that Luffy's mother is alive in a SBS question.

So maybe that is why Ace and Luffy do look alike and Luffy resembles Roger so much, because he is, in a small way, a part of that bloodline!

Uriel
April 13, 2011, 11:16 PM
It was stated? Link please to source.

And welcome to MH! You'll find this place is actually fun when you don't take things personal. :D

Maronia
April 14, 2011, 09:01 AM
No worries and thanks for the welcome =)!

Right now where is the info... ah here it is! Sorry I got confused, it wasn't in a SBS question, it was in an interview.

Printed in USA Shonen Jump, December Edition, 2009.
Interview conducted at Jump Festa 2008.

'QUESTION: what was Luffy's mother like? Was she beautiful? What happened to her? Did she die when Luffy was a baby?

ODA: I think that she's alive. I'm still thinking hard about this [laugh]. But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way that she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair...'

And thats all the info he has given, she's alive (he thinks), permed hair, strict woman.

Uriel
April 14, 2011, 05:50 PM
Strict woman doesn't fit Luffy, LOL. I think He would be really different if He was rasied by her.

Anyway, the fact that She's alive and She doesn't take care of his son makes me wonder what happened...If maybe She's is also a wanted person and hiding with Dragon.

MaiSiaoSiao
April 14, 2011, 08:29 PM
Its in the genes.Not caring for their own family members.Just like what Dragon/Garp did to Luffy.Putting him in someone else's care.

Uriel
April 14, 2011, 10:06 PM
I don't know...Dragon cared about Luffy. He wanted him to have his own path and therefore put away from his *dangerous* life.

Garp in the other hand was too busy, but always shown affection.