PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Bountyhunters

kulugo
April 02, 2010, 06:11 PM
all these talk about bounty but no notable bounty hunter as strong as, lets say atleast admiral level. the likes that can take down 500m bounty. aint a pirate, marine, only cares about the money. like boba fett.
[hr]
why is there no bounty hunter or treasure hunter in one piece?

Akainu
April 03, 2010, 06:09 AM
Renamed thread for better understanding

Bugzee
April 03, 2010, 01:55 PM
True. Remember, the focus of OP is the pirates not the bounty hunters xD. Don't worry though, I understand what you mean. :tem

It would certainly be interesting to see some powerful/respected bounty hunters that recide in the New World maybe? I don't think Oda has forgotten about them. To this day, I would say the Franky Family are the most prominent bounty hunters (and dismantlers) that have appeared in the OP story arcs. They played a key role in the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc. So you can't exactly say that they've been totally ignored.

We've seen quite a few bounty hunters throughout the GL. It's just that most of the time they are not featured in main story of a particular arc (arguably apart from Water 7/Enies Lobby). Why not? Because they don't need to be.

Some examples: Johnny, Yosaku & Zoro were all former bounty hunters (even if they weren't entirely motivated purely for the money, they were nevertheless still bounty hunters.), back in Arabasta both Luffy & Ace encountered bounty hunters (I think that was only in the anime version though? I might be wrong.) and even Kizaru got shot by one in SA xD. I'm sure there are more but I can't remember many atm.

Treasure hunters? Pirates are treasure hunters. Example: Nami! :D (Buggy can be classified as one too! :amuse)

Why would a bounty hunter have a bounty on their own head? :err Kinda weird. Don't you think bounty hunters are doing the marines a favour? I don't think we'll see a bounty hunter capturing a pirate worth in excess of 100 million beri. It's just absurd in my eyes. Bounty hunters usually go for small fry most of the time just to survive and be able to eat. I'm sure we'll see more in the future arcs though. :)