PDA

View Full Version : Review Bleach 251 Review By Gigantor21

gigantor21
November 15, 2006, 07:37 PM
Wow...it's been a while since I've done one of these...anyway:

251. Baron’s Lecture – 1st Period

Presentation-wise, I liked the way the fight looked, along with the flow of the chapter in general (which Kubo usually doesn’t have a problem with). I also really like Doldooni as a character, as he has a much more unique personality than most of the other Espada—and he’s one of the most hilarious characters overall. It seems like that may be part of the reason he's "Privaron", though, as he seems less degenerate than the current Espada. The trade-off, however, is that he seems less one-dimensional.

Plot-wise, this chapter didn’t go very far, nor did it reveal anything new beyond Doldooni’s release. Beyond that, it was mostly Ichigo getting knocked around (though quite stylishly, I must say). The hint of Nell having some crazy hidden power that she’ll try and save Ichigo with in the next chapter was intriguing, but that’s because I’m not sure if it’ll actually work.

To be honest, I think it would be kind of random. My hope is that she’ll try something, but it won’t work, which will motivate Ichigo to fight harder. I’m also expecting that we’ll see what the other Privaron Espada will look like. I don’t think this fight will end next chapter—my guess is that it will be interspersed with the other fights going on right now for the next few weeks or so, and that they’ll end up ending around the same time. That’s been the trend with the Arrancar vs. Shinigami fights so far, after all.

Rating: 3/5

It was pretty fun to read, but not much actually happened, so it ended up being more style than substance. Hopefully, we’ll get something meatier next week.

kiddo7
November 15, 2006, 10:25 PM
I have to agree with you. Though I did enjoy reading the chapter, and I do beleive that it is an indispensable one, I found very little about it to be worth discussing. Good fight interesting characters wish there was more happening.
Thats about all there is to say. Anyway the next chapter should be coming out in a few days.
Can't wait

gigantor21
November 15, 2006, 10:50 PM
I have to agree with you. Though I did enjoy reading the chapter, and I do beleive that it is an indispensable one, I found very little about it to be worth discussing. Good fight interesting characters wish there was more happening.
Thats about all there is to say. Anyway the next chapter should be coming out in a few days.
Can't wait

Yeah, me either. That's why I'm here every Thursday...

Anyway, I'm not really sure that this chapter is indispensable, which is what bothered me about it. I have a strange feeling that Doldooni will end up being another throwaway character--which seems like a waste, since I like him. It wasn't so bad with the other Arrancar, because the ones that have been killed off so far haven't been all that interesting.

I hope Kubotite proves me wrong.

venicia777
November 16, 2006, 12:30 AM
i think Doldoni will be thrown away just like those arrancars that came with GJ on his foray into the living world. For one he released too early. We may never see this guy again.

on the other hand his release looks like Kariya's doll in the bleach anime bount arc now.

Gold Knight
November 16, 2006, 03:11 AM
Nice to see you back at reviewing, giganator :D

Yeah, I have to agree with venicia, Doldoni is probably going to be a throwaway character. I don't think we WILL see any of the Arrancars again after they're beaten. Which is why I think Kubo feels like having more freedom to do whatever he wants to do with them. Hate or love them, they're still not gonna last very long...

Right now Bleach is boring me a lot, though. I want to see something DIFFERENT, right now it's going exactly like the Rescue Rukia arc, which is annoying.

gigantor21
November 16, 2006, 10:20 AM
Nice to see you back at reviewing, giganator :D

Yeah, I have to agree with venicia, Doldoni is probably going to be a throwaway character. I don't think we WILL see any of the Arrancars again after they're beaten. Which is why I think Kubo feels like having more freedom to do whatever he wants to do with them. Hate or love them, they're still not gonna last very long...

Right now Bleach is boring me a lot, though. I want to see something DIFFERENT, right now it's going exactly like the Rescue Rukia arc, which is annoying.

Thanks, GK. It's nice to be back.

In regards to the current plot, I concur. The parallels are a bit aggravating--which is something that's come up in the discussion threads pretty frequently as of late.

I'm worried that there won't be any crucial fights in this arc, like Ichigo's rematch with Grimmjow or his first fight with Ulquiorra. Not only that, but I'm not sure if they're going to get Orihime back during this arc, either. It feels like it's just a way to get issues out while Kubo figures out how to make the war in winter as bad-ass as humanly possible.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that if the current arc felt less derivative.

Venica777 - I agree. It looks like a more abstract version of the Wind Dance that you control with your feet.

I also think Doldooni won't be around very long, which is a shame. He's so ridiculous it's endearing.

(Hey, wait a second, GK--who's "giganator"?)

Robotic Red
November 20, 2006, 09:14 AM
(Hey, wait a second, GK--who's "giganator"?)

This guy's evil twin. You can tell because the name is a typo.

http://www.allthingsmike.com/CulturalBlender/robots/gigantor.jpg

:P

GIGANTOOOR! GIGANTOOOR! GIGAAAAAAANTOOOOOR!

Gigantor the space-age robot! He's at! Your command!

Gigantor the space-age robot! His power is iiiin your haaaands!

Bigger than big! Taller than tall! Quicker than quick! Stronger than strong!

Ready to fight for right...AGAINST WROOONG!

GIGANTOOOR! GIGANTOOOR! GIGAAAAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOR!

(On a side note, I'm finding the Hollow World to be excessively bland.)

gigantor21
November 20, 2006, 10:46 AM
http://www.allthingsmike.com/CulturalBlender/robots/gigantor.jpg

:P

GIGANTOOOR! GIGANTOOOR! GIGAAAAAAANTOOOOOR!

Gigantor the space-age robot! He's at! Your command!

Gigantor the space-age robot! His power is iiiin your haaaands!

Bigger than big! Taller than tall! Quicker than quick! Stronger than strong!

Ready to fight for right...AGAINST WROOONG!

GIGANTOOOR! GIGANTOOOR! GIGAAAAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOR!

(On a side note, I'm finding the Hollow World to be excessively bland.)

HAHAHA! I HAVE A THEME SONG!!!!!1 *laughs maniacally*

Anyway, I think that Hueco Mundo is supposed to be bland and desolate--it is called "Hollow World" after all. I'd be kind of put off if it looked like, say, the Bahamas or the Virgin Islands or something.