PDA

View Full Version : Question Secrets of Doflamingo

modoki
April 16, 2010, 07:14 PM
Ok this is starting to bother more than anything!!!

If this was already explained, im sorry just delete this

First of all going back to Archipelago where the human auctioning house resided. Since the tenryuubito were introduced, they have had in their possession pirates slaves for their own personal use.

1. So if these high class nobles probably already knew about the auction house's jolly roger logo, how in the heck do they stand buying pirates slaves when the former owner of that house was a pirate himself..?

Second The most recent chapter of one piece regarding moria and flamingo. The prior explosion was caused by a pacifista. Judging from their positioning, they seem to be at will by flamingo.

Wait a second, from what i recalled the pacifista took orders "only" from vegapunk's bodyguard sentoumaru. Flamingo wasnt using any form of puppetry on these pacifistas..

2. Do you guys believe that flamingo may have some deep secret connection with the Gorousei? And do you think this guy may be more of a worry in future occurrences than Teach himself?

bittman
April 16, 2010, 10:31 PM
Doflamingo is the physical representation of everything that is wrong with the world.

If it's corrupt governments, Doflamingo is all over it.
If it's an unsanctioned slave trade, Doflamingo is all over it.
If it's some pirates who believe trash shouldn't go on living, Doflamingo is all over it.

So on 1) Doflamingo is most likely working for Gorousei directly, and the Pacifista's have probably been programmed with a heirachy of receiving orders from certain people. Doflamingo is probably on that list.

2) And yeah, definitely Gorousei. Tenryuubito are too weak willed to order something of the Moria-nature. I've always liked Doflamingo, seeing how much Oda got him to talk in this war, I'm beginning to think that Doflamingo might be more an end-gamer than early new-world encounter.

What do I mean by that? Well Luffy might have defeated an admiral before he takes on Doflamingo. To me admirals are the end game. Blackbeard is endgame. Mihawk is endgame. Not "final battle", but "close to final battle". Doflamingo has just appeared to be a mid-game, but if he represents the Gorousei in some way, then perhaps he's closer to end game.

I could easily see Doflamingo sitting atop Poseiden with the world in his sights. That's the sort of end game Doflamingo could be sitting in.

Uriel
April 18, 2010, 12:59 PM
I'm starting to think that Doflamingo is son of one of the Gorosei. Someone with a high attitude that doesn't really matter about anyone and able to put a price on someone. Someone who because of the lack of attention of his parents became an outlaw. Someone who believes that truth is gained by winnings only.

I don't know, seems to fit and be coherent for me.

Fox666
April 18, 2010, 04:29 PM
The first thing that comes to my mind is that Doflamingo is just being paid for it.

Bugzee
May 06, 2010, 05:10 PM
He is the true "puppet" of the government. ;)

I stand strong behind my theory/idea that Doflamingo's father is a member of the Gorousei. Well at least some kind of blood relation anyway. :p

BlackHair
May 06, 2010, 07:45 PM
I would be disappointed if Flamingo would be just another puppet of the WG. I highly believe he works for his own goals, just using the WG to archive it.

Tinori
May 07, 2010, 12:43 AM
talk about his powers.

I don't know if anyone have notice this but im pretty sure one of his ability is the use of invisible wires. This is how he manage to cut oak's leg and cut people without showing any form of sharp weapons.

Might go as far as him using the wires to constrict people stopping their movements or play puppeteer.

ScratchmenApoo
May 07, 2010, 01:59 AM
Doflamingo does seem greedy. When the World Government put a bounty over 300 million of him, I bet he dragged his own ass in the front gate of the World Government just to get the money himself. The Bounty posters do say "dead OR alive".
On a serious note, though, Doflamingo represents the definition of Shichibukai the most. He does dirty work for the government, but he still IS a pirate, and a nasty one at that. So I believe sooner or later he WILL go back to being a pirate. I bet he still has his own crew still waiting for him...
However, I don't think he is the son of a member of the Gorousei. The current Gorousei have been together for at least 20 years and Doflamingo looked to be quite a pirate at Roger's execution. If Gorousei are as powerful as they are thought to be, I don't think they'd let a member's child run loose like that.

BetaRuler
May 07, 2010, 05:28 PM
Um... if Doflamingo was a son of a Gorousei, wouldnt he'd be just a Tenryubuto? I don't think he'd be seen as a pirate no matter how evil he behave if he were a family member.

BTW, it seems anyone recognised as a Shichibukai by the PX serie's are capable of giving orders to the PX series. There must be some kind of list in their heads that can be updated possibly remotely that tells them who to target or whose orders to follow.

Bugzee
May 07, 2010, 06:13 PM
Um... if Doflamingo was a son of a Gorousei, wouldnt he'd be just a Tenryubuto? I don't think he'd be seen as a pirate no matter how evil he behave if he were a family member.

No I don't think he would be considered a Tenryuubito (http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/World_Noble).

What if it's a hidden secret and most of the WG don't know? ;)

BetaRuler
May 07, 2010, 07:36 PM
How or why would they keep their son a secret? It makes no sense...
Did your think it was "to cover up his reputation" it would be a bit late... Details like members of royalty or family members of the world leaders would be quite hard to miss.

If I had to make my own guess on such a mans past and personality... I'd say he could have been a poor kid who grew up in a rough neighbourhood, then he might have become a servant (not a slave like Boa) to a tenryubuto thinking they would be noble, who only in turn taught him how they can get away with their cruelty because of their influence, after he'd decide to leave them he might have set out to become a pirate king with his sense of morals long gone out the window. On his way to becoming as good as a Yonkou, he's made a business along the way, and kept contacts with the tenryubuto.
I would certainly say he is on friendly terms with some Tenryubuto, like he might have become a Shichibukai with their recomendation to the Gorousei. He doesn't seem like a man who has any friends though, they'd either betray him or be long dead, he would keep everyone emotionally distanced away from him...
Now to wait another 400 chapters to see if I got any of that at all correct!

chess4
May 13, 2010, 04:37 PM
i wonder does he still have a crew? if so i hope we get to see them soon

anaskr
May 16, 2010, 02:08 AM
as you say that this guy has these invisible wires or threads, and he killed JR ORE so easily and then later on moria !! so he cud have killed luffy in an instant! isn that the case?????? what type of person is he? why have the gov also choosen MIHAWK ?? KUMA is no more kuma so its understandable, y mihawk?

BlackHair
May 16, 2010, 03:23 AM
Tiny almost invincible wires, mirror refection techniques and hypnosis. I consider those three the worst abilities ever to be invented and used in manga. It's just overused in the past years, thus I consider that as easy writing. I rly hope Oda does not give Flamingo a wire ability and consequently a second wire technique in his manga.

St Michael
May 16, 2010, 05:05 PM
I don't see anything that can cut easily the leg of a super giant and control people like puppet BUT invicible wires.

At least the character is fun , even if you don't like his power , he will make his fight(s) enjoyable.

johnnyb7
May 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
I think Doflamingo is going to have some connections to Dragon and will be involved in fighting against the revolutionaries or with them against the Gouresei. Either way I think that he'll fight Luffy at one point, possible fighting Dragon as well.