PDA

View Full Version : Powers Gomu Gomu no King Pistol

Keriku
April 25, 2010, 05:35 PM
This is sort of a prediction and it may contain spoilers. You have been warned. :)

-------------

Luffy has shown that whenever his attacks change, his physical state is altered, anything like that, he likes to rename his moves appropriately.

- Vs. Crocodile, "Mizu Mizu no Luffy", "Mizu Mizu no Pistol"
- Vs. Enel, "Golden Rifle"
- Gear Second, "Jet Bazooka"
- Gear Third, "Giganto/Giant Axe"
- Gear Second/Third Combo, "Giant Jet Shell"
- Vs. Achino Brothers "Twin Pistol" (he uses it before as "Twin Jet Pistol" too, not that it really matters)

I think I made my point.

I feel almost certain that Luffy will at some point learn how to use his Haki properly. When he does and he uses it consciously he might not use it all the time, or at least he might not focus on using his haki all the time.

The idea is, when Luffy does, he'll go "Gomu Gomu no... KING PISTOL!"

The prefix 'King' is for several reasons:

- He has the King's haki
- He will trump all others
- A King is the strongest, and the move will be Luffy's strongest alteration attack*
- Luffy will hopefully become King of the Pirates, meaning it only fits that he uses "King" moves

*(i.e. punch + haki > gigantic punch & super fast "jet" punch--obviously a combination of Gear 2nd, Gear 3rd, and Haki would be his strongest attack that we can predict ATM)

Thoughts/discuss. Try and keep it realistic and non-childish

ScratchmenApoo
April 26, 2010, 04:41 AM
That's a good thought, but in my opinion Luffy won't add a new prefix to his attack names just because of Haki manifestation.

For starters, there is no need for it. Luffy's attacks will stay in the same style and only the amount of damage will be affected. It's more of a spiritual/power bonus, not a physical upgrade.
Also, he's done it before, without knowing it though, against Blackbeard (which is kind of a pointless argument, don't know why I'm adding this).

The times Luffy has made up new prefixes is when the physical appearance of the attacks are changed (Champion [wax], Jet [Gear 2nd], Giant [Gear 3rd], Combo attacks with other crewmembers, etc.)
So unless the physical appearance of the rubber doesn't change by adding Haki, the prefixes probably won't change.

That being said, I would still like to see a new prefix in the future.

Keriku
April 26, 2010, 10:41 AM
If you watch the anime, you see that there is some sort of difference in animating normal moves and "haki-imbued" moves. Look at Sentoumaru's attacks, for instance. They sort of animate that "spiritual boost". So there IS a little bit of a physical difference.

Whose to say Luffy will always use haki whenever he fights? Controlling it doesn't just mean being able to use it, it also means not being able to use it. If he always used the "king's disposition" haki most people would faint before they could even talk to him. >_>

Oda is likely to make Luffy differentiate between normal attacks and attacks where Luffy uses haki to his full extent. He might not too, but it could easily go either way. Oda makes things epic and adding another prefix would definitely catch the attention of fans, as in probably be super popular...

As I said, his physical appearance might change a little. It'll have a bit more of a shockwave of sorts. The redness and steam for second gear was mainly added to differentiate. Oda might do something similar to that, but to a lesser extent, since Haki is not like a totally new gear or anything (it's unrelated to his gomu gomu no mi, in any case).

Just a heads up, I realize you were giving your opinion, I'm just arguing your opinion. :P

monkey D luffy
April 26, 2010, 03:33 PM
anime is not a valid point just so youll know. oda is not a part of the production and he doesnt decide when effects will be added. the best exemple is what ScratchmanApoo gave you, luffy gave BB a haki imbued punch and there was no effect to it in the anime. please dont try to use the anime as a proof. youll get dissed for it.

chess4
April 26, 2010, 03:38 PM
anime is not a valid point just so youll know. oda is not a part of the production and he doesnt decide when effects will be added. the best exemple is what ScratchmanApoo gave you, luffy gave BB a haki imbued punch and there was no effect to it in the anime. please dont try to use the anime as a proof. youll get dissed for it.

rayleigh stopped kizaru's kick with a haki imbued kick but you couldnt tell in the manga. its the same when luffy hit BB. BB said his haki is getting stronger that didnt mean he hit him with "kings haki attack" i think its ok to give proof from the manga. hell a lot of time the anime has helped me make sense of the manga

Keriku
April 28, 2010, 07:19 AM
I'm not saying Luffy is going to say it for sure or anything. He might say it, he might not, he might say something totally different--this has already been established--but totally disregarding the possibility that he might say it because of indecisive speculation is pretty close-minded.

No bashing, please.

ScratchmenApoo
April 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'm not saying Luffy is going to say it for sure or anything. He might say it, he might not, he might say something totally different--this has already been established--but totally disregarding the possibility that he might say it because of indecisive speculation is pretty close-minded.

Thatswhy you created this topic - to have a discussion. This would mean that you need to respect people's opinions and accepting facts against your theory and having to come up with facts to support your theory. Otherwise it isn't much of a theory.
The argument of having a visual difference in these attacks is pretty established. So far Haki attacks don't really have any distinguishable features.
Also, no other Haki character has had the need to tell everyone that he is about to use rare Haki with some special name.
Luffy doesn't want to be the strongest just to be better than everyone else and then brag about it. Having 'King' to establish that thought would be unlikely.
When Luffy made Gear 3rd and added Gigant/Giant as a prefix, he said "My punch/kick is as strong as a giant!" in a boyish way.
Maybe the reason for the next prefix will be as simple as that.
Maybe "his Haki" will specifically alter his Devil Fruit power to have a notable visual effect and he'll use it to his advantage for naming the prefix.

kangclaw
April 28, 2010, 04:22 PM
Luffy did not punch anyone, let alone BB, with Haki; BB talks of Luffy's fighting spirit or bloodlust not his Haki.

I don't want to go into an in depth discussion, and thereby go off topic; but based on the evidence its not possible for BB to know Luffy had Haki; when Luffy never demonstated its use to him. Because BB says 'so you have raised your spirit again...'. Therefore he is talking about something else.
Binktopia and Franky House different words for translation.

Would Luffy name his moves and start calling it something like King Pistol etc...?
Its difficult to guess, but it is possible.

Lord Rayleigh
April 29, 2010, 03:41 AM
Luffy did not punch anyone, let alone BB, with Haki; BB talks of Luffy's fighting spirit or bloodlust not his Haki.

I don't want to go into an in depth discussion, and thereby go off topic; but based on the evidence its not possible for BB to know Luffy had Haki; when Luffy never demonstated its use to him. Because BB says 'so you have raised your spirit again...'. Therefore he is talking about something else.

The raw chapters of Jaya and Impel Down clearly show he always used the word " Haki " when he talked about Luffy'spirit.

gfire2
April 29, 2010, 06:04 AM

Would Luffy name his moves and start calling it something like King Pistol etc...?
Its difficult to guess, but it is possible.

even in the chinese translations they use "bai hei" (dominating air for direct translations and not even close to the word "spirit") <- haki.

El-Thor
September 06, 2010, 02:00 PM
The raw chapters of Jaya and Impel Down clearly show he always used the word " Haki " when he talked about Luffy'spirit.

I believe the word "Haki" means willpower. So whenever someone wants to say that someone has strong willpower they just say Haki.

I believe Mihawk mentioned Zoro having really strong willpower also....

Either way, I don't know about King Pistol. I'd rather see Luffy create a new move or observe fishman karate and incorporate that into his fighting style.