PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 253 Discussion [Bleach]

Dragonzair
November 16, 2006, 05:42 PM
Get your Bleach candies over here (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10953.0)!!!
-------------------------------------------------

Well, la-de-da! It's been a long time since I've created one of these. ^_^ Sorry for being late with this thread. My apologies.

And what a chapter we've had, indeed! I'm enjoying Bleach so much right now, and the introduction of new characters just make them all enjoyable. We get the cover at this week's Jump, plus a coloured spread and page! And nyah! :nuts The first time we see a coloured Nell?! HELL YEAH! And it's the same colour as Grimmy's? :O (Heavens forbid T____T...anywho...) This week is for us Bleachers!

We start of with a humorous scene. Renji being chased by none other than Don-whatsisname! The poor guy's so worried for Nell. Although, we never do get the chance to find out why. Is this just a case of Don getting worried over his sibling, or he actually meant to say something quite serious? He was cut of by the next scene, unfortunately. Nell will what? Is it possible the little Hollow can do something quite drastic that can get him worried? Or just plain stupidity? XD

Anywho, on with the next scene, which is of Ichi-nii still on his fight with Dordoni (who I'll be calling Dorry for now, since it's too long >w<). Dorry continues getting on Ichi's nerves by telling him to go Ban Kai. Ichigo continues to be stubborn, of course.

After a few scuffle, Dorry blasts out a giant cero, and---

it gets eaten up by Nell?!!

This has got to be one of my most favourite scenes! This little Hollow has just shown us how bad ass she can be! XD Swallowing it whole, she blasts it right back at Dorry, who is not too happy with a huge hit on his forehead. (Go Nell!!!) All bloody and such.

He reacts by aiming his next attack at little Nell, who is then saved by...you guessed it! Ban Kai Ichigo! What the boy does for his friends... ^_^

Anywho, it's up to you all to predict the next chapter! Don't forget that Nell and I can eat spam, so don't even try. ^_^

mitterand
November 16, 2006, 10:51 PM
well... the dorry guy would prolyl have another "level" as well.. i think ichigo MIGHT be forced to get the mask out otherwise i think he would beat dorry in bankai form and i m prolly guessing the dorry will help him or give him hints or some stuff like that... the end of the chapter will lead into a ishia fight (hoping :D) but most likely a rukia or renji fight cuz they havent fought yet at all... rukia shoul dhave some more new moves? and we might get a glimpse of what orihime plans to do... wow so many expectations... such a short length chapter.

mangadictus
November 17, 2006, 03:41 AM
Whoa! Great chap btw! Neru swallowing that Cero was just AWESOME!! Yatta!! As for my pred:

1. Analysis for the current Ichigo vs Dordoni fight will be discussed by Gin and Tousen, maybe some Espada and Aizen. Hope we see Inoue get a glimpse of the fights. It will make her resolve more firm.

2. We will see bits of the fights of Ishida and Chad. So far we havent seen Renji and Rukia's enemies. Not yet.

3. Updates on what's happening with Keigo, Mizuro and TATSUKI's trainings, of course, handled by Uruhara while being watched by Isshin. Ryuuken is a bit snob.

4. Updates on the Vaizards side. How they see the events and what are the things to come for them.

Koen
November 17, 2006, 07:48 AM
hmmm my prediciton:

- another fun scene with renji and that guy-I-forgot-his-name

- Dorry will be no more opponent towards dorry... I think ichi will pwn him, but dorry will do a fatal attack. And that's when nell will come back to help ichigo

- end: Aizen saying something like interesting, or tousen or gin leaving and saying: "I am gonna report this to aizen-sama". All referring to nell...

Dark Zeza
November 18, 2006, 03:12 AM
Predict:

Next chapter we will see what is happening to others, Rukia, Shad, and Ishida, probably the other Nell's bro are catching up with them or maybe they start fighting. Then Ichigo's fight continue.

mugen
November 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
Ichigo get's his ass kicked even with Bankai and Nell ends up beating up the bad guy
Ichigo becomes depressed again gosh how many times does he have to lose to realize he needs to train

bax
November 18, 2006, 02:13 PM
As for prediction:

The focus will be mostly on Ichigo and Dorudouni. We'll see how Ichigo fares with his BanKai. I predict Ichigo will have the upperhand next chapter.

As for the few pages at the end, it's time Kubo shows us who's Ishida's and Chad's opponents are.

kyubisharingan
November 18, 2006, 02:59 PM
Prediction: FINALLY we will see someone eles battle...im going with Renji or Chad^^

manu
November 18, 2006, 07:25 PM
My prediction is that we see Rukia and how she reacts to running into her Hollow. Then back to Ichigo finishing off Dor.

smoke
November 19, 2006, 11:29 AM
i think that were going to see who ishida's going to be fighting and then probaly rukia

and of course ichigo's going to have a field day with dorry now that he's in bankai^^

mugen
November 19, 2006, 05:48 PM
I really hope we see something new from Ichigo's Bankai
no Hallow shit

kamikaze
November 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
Longterm prediction:

I think that ichigo will learn more about his hollow throug Nell. She will tell him how to use his hollow will learn him understand what he is.

Next chapter: we will learn more about Nell and what makes her so special and Ichigos fight comes to a end.

mugen
November 19, 2006, 08:32 PM
wow that makes kinda sense Nell teaching Ichigo how to use Hallow powers anyways
Nell is Vastro Lorde

cerventus
November 20, 2006, 01:08 PM
I want to see Chad transform more into hollow like....

thejackass98
November 23, 2006, 12:37 PM
damn looks like a frigin awsome chapter but cant wait to get the trans hehehe or the scanlation

shirohama
November 23, 2006, 01:27 PM
Didn't like how Ichigo didn't go vaizard 2 chapters and go and just owned him....oh well he got owned now

dedal_x
November 23, 2006, 01:35 PM
*gulp*

Okay, now I will write a letter to some govenment people who write dictionaries. I will MAKE them put Ichigo's pic in teh definition of word "cool"...

Oh MY GOOOD! This was great. Not the way he pwns Dordonie, but the "oh it's so bothersome" look he does it with..

kadodo
November 23, 2006, 04:18 PM
Ichigo was stronger than that guy after all, he finished him in a second, but he has to be able to control the his hollow for more than ten seconds now. It was good that he met that guy, at least he now knows what's up ahead for him.

gian
November 23, 2006, 06:31 PM
Ichigo was stronger than that guy after all, he finished him in a second, but he has to be able to control the his hollow for more than ten seconds now. It was good that he met that guy, at least he now knows what's up ahead for him.

It's a good sign. At least this time, the mask didn't break. I wonder if he trained a bit more with it. *shrugs*

mangadictus
November 23, 2006, 07:50 PM
It's a good sign. At least this time, the mask didn't break. I wonder if he trained a bit more with it. *shrugs*

Maybe Neru can give him some tips. I dont know, it been a hunch all along that Neru will be essential for Ichigo's hollow mode training in some way. That's just me.

midnight789
November 23, 2006, 09:25 PM

I don't think he had it out for more than 11 seconds, so it didn't have to break. Anywho, I wonder how everyone else will do against previous espadas considering they don't have hollowization to fall back on...

mangadictus
November 23, 2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, that too. Ishida and Chad against ex-espadas each. I can see Ishida having some tricks up his sleeve but what I'm concerned about is Chad. There might be a possibility that during his fight with an ex-espada it might trigger his armor to evolve into a stronger one, maybe both his arms now will have armors.

WinterLion
November 24, 2006, 12:06 AM
Well, it looks like Neru's Gorge-and-Barf Defense (can't think of a better way to call it. :XD) does hurt her. But I wonder if there's more to it. I think there might be from the way that Dondochakka was so hysterical when talking to Renji.

At first when I saw the spoiler I must say I was disappointed that Ichigo had to go Visored mode to beat Dordoni. But now that I read it the chap I'm not so disappointed. I'd hazard a guess and say that if Ichigo hadn't been protecting Neru, he wouldn't have had to go Visored mode. Just bankai, though I'm sure that would have dragged out the fight.

As for his mask not breaking, he told Dordoni it would only be for moment that he would see it. And it really was only a moment. That means it was less than his 11 sec limit. So I don't think he's learned how to keep it on for longer than that.

There's been no opportunity for him to train at all since the last time we saw him with his 11 sec limit. The fight with Grimmy in the human world where he lost his mask after 11 sec. Then the next morning he learned about Orihime's disappearance, and then later that same day, he went to Urahara to go to HM. Since he's gotten to HM, we've been with them and there hasn't been any opportunity for him to train. So I would say that the likelihood of him being able to keep his mask on for more than 11 sec is slim to none at this point.

But since if he doesn't level up, and fast, he isn't going to be able to win against Grimmy much less Ulq, and Aizen & Co. So we're probably going to see him level up, and fast. I think Neru is going to be key in that, but not in the way that most people are predicting. While she may be of some help to Ichigo in technique, I think the key is going to be him wanting to protect her. Every time Ichigo's gotten stronger throughout the whole series, it's because he wanted to protect someone. And I think Neru is going to be a big key in that. Yes, Ichigo & Co are there to save Orihime, but Orihime isn't in front of him. And we just got a look at how pissed Ichigo was when Dordoni attacked Neru so I think she's going to help him get stronger in that way.

mangadictus
November 24, 2006, 12:09 AM
It just cleared the cloud in my mind. Okasan, you pointed that most important point of this series. "I'll become stronger so I can protect the one's I care about."

Silhouette
November 24, 2006, 08:43 AM
Well WL, you have summed up every thing nicely and logically..thank you and I hope threads won't be full of Ichigo bashing any more.

Ichigo doesn't need to go Visard to beat fallen Esapada but will do so for a second only to protect his nakama, way to conserve energy...I love that lol

Nell/Neru didn't look so well :darn...to be honset I am worried about her more than Ichigo, Orihime, or any one else in the story....she is the cutest and funniest character by far IMO
I think Ichigo's winning streak...has just begun :guns

Koen
November 24, 2006, 10:19 AM
It is obvious ichigo went in vaizard mode to protect neru. It was on a moment that dordoni was aiming his attack to neru that ichigo pulled out his mask. Ichigo pwned him like, he never did in those series. Neru as a key? Well, I think so too but I still wonder how. Maybe, neru has a stronger attack in him but maybe it will be dangerous for ichigo. Neru probably will go in an evil mode, but if ichigo was able to control his hollow part, why not neru? It is just a guess, but I am looking forward to more

+ the title at the end :D

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 08:26 PM
I usually hate the little cute plushy types in a manga, but Neru is the freaking man(er...girl) and page fourteen was so sweet I had to color it. Link (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/43593077/) First color ever... :sweat

Neru probably will go in an evil mode, but if ichigo was able to control his hollow part, why not neru?

Neru is an Arrancar, not a Vizard :darn They start out evil(or at least hollows, apparently they're not all evil o_O) and gain shinigami powers. But I do have a feeling that she has some kind of undertoned power that will help Ichigo in a dire situation. Also have a feeling that Ichigo will end up doing something extreme(like keeping his mask for like 20 seconds by sure power of will or something like that) to protect her.

Tiak
November 25, 2006, 12:26 AM
There's been no opportunity for him to train at all since the last time we saw him with his 11 sec limit. The fight with Grimmy in the human world where he lost his mask after 11 sec. Then the next morning he learned about Orihime's disappearance, and then later that same day, he went to Urahara to go to HM. Since he's gotten to HM, we've been with them and there hasn't been any opportunity for him to train. So I would say that the likelihood of him being able to keep his mask on for more than 11 sec is slim to none at this point.

But since if he doesn't level up, and fast, he isn't going to be able to win against Grimmy much less Ulq, and Aizen & Co. So we're probably going to see him level up, and fast. I think Neru is going to be key in that, but not in the way that most people are predicting. While she may be of some help to Ichigo in technique, I think the key is going to be him wanting to protect her. Every time Ichigo's gotten stronger throughout the whole series, it's because he wanted to protect someone. And I think Neru is going to be a big key in that. Yes, Ichigo & Co are there to save Orihime, but Orihime isn't in front of him. And we just got a look at how pissed Ichigo was when Dordoni attacked Neru so I think she's going to help him get stronger in that way.

Well, I think there's one thing you're overlooking, he is, after all, in HM... So, if there's energy permiating all of HM that hollows can use as sustinance, and since I can't exactly see Neru going to earth, I'd assume that's how she survives. So, if it's enough energy to keep her alive and well, we now have reason to believe it's more energy than was previously inferred. This should affect Ichigo's hollow form in SOME way, whether it gives wichigo more strenght, and makes him harder to control (through which Ichigo would discover he doesn't have complete control and his mask shatters because wichigo is fighting him, which he'll overcome), or whether it simply gives his hollow form more power to feed off of, and thus last longer, I doubt it'll be the same length as the previous day when it's put to the test. At least the subconscious fighting thing would explain how a Vizard would be able to not have to train for mask time (i.e. her hollow didn't fight her) and would explain why Ichigo has a particularly short time (He has a particularly strong hollow that really hates being "the horse").

What I'm curious about most is the final caption, which either ways the darkness deepens, or is just as deep. Is it implying that for some reasons using his hollow form is a bad thing now? Corrupting him in some way maybe? (He does seem to have a far more imperfect control over his hollow than any of the other Vaizards at least) maybe going hollow in HM actually strengthens the hollow inside him?... Or maybe it just means he's free to go deeper into HM, and thus get closer to the evil... *shrug*

otaclub_87
November 25, 2006, 10:58 AM
i'm dreaming of a reinforcement coming again....hmm...

is it possible to Byakuya....i wanna see him fighting again...huhuhuhuhuhu

gigantor21
November 25, 2006, 05:34 PM
HAHAHAHA!! KUBO USED THE SAME CHAPTER TITLE TWICE!!!

210. Don't Call Me Nino
253. Don't Call Me Nino

Apparently, they changed the title of 210 to "Turn The True Power On" in Volume 24, but still.

mugen
November 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
Damn maybe it has'nt been Tite writing the Manga lately that could explain why it's been so not cool these past 20-25 chapters

otaclub_87
November 25, 2006, 11:18 PM
yep...bit boring lately.....the enemy doesn't seems strong too...

mugen
November 25, 2006, 11:21 PM
I think what really threw the story off was when Ichigo just got his ass kicked by Grimmjow and started aquirring Hollow powers

otaclub_87
November 27, 2006, 01:28 AM
that's right...or lets aizen show up on the battle to make the fight exciting...huahua...

and then ichigo will go berserk..=p