PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 215 Discussion [Bleach]

Gold Knight
February 11, 2006, 08:19 AM
Clicky for all the Bleach 214 Goodies! (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1178.0)

Well - a lot of things happened in the last chapter!  Ishida and his father!  Chad and Urahara!  And Ichigo going to the Vaizards!

And Hitsugaya getting his eyes (and ears) covered by his vice captain!  =O  !  And we've yet to see what Renji is up to, and how Ikkaku and Yumichika are getting along with Keigo's sister...

So what the heck happens next?  Make your predictions right here for all of us to hear!

Snake1786
February 11, 2006, 11:19 AM
Well i think we see more of conversation of Ichigo with the wizards.

Gold Knight
February 11, 2006, 12:09 PM
^ And will Ichigo in the end accept training from them? Will there be a price to pay? (Okay, there always is...)

Dragonzair
February 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
With all these training, it seems like Kubo's heading for some kind of time-skip. Please not. :wtf

On the other hand, we'll probably see a few training form Urahara and Chad? *begs to the Gods and Goddesses* I think Tatsuki might play a big role soon too. Maybe Yoruichi will give her some training? And Ichigo's classmate? *forgot his name* Keigo!

And before the Arrankars made an appearance, I remember Renji going to Urahara. Think he's going to finish his talk with him? What if Renji stays behind for training?

Galth
February 11, 2006, 01:57 PM
As things are looking now, i indeed got the impression there will be some sort of timeskip, and, if where on the Naruto road, why not some Yoruichi/Uruhara's youth gaiden!! :smile-big, as at the moment, all things they're doing will take some time ( be it training, perfecting the espada, preparing for the war, learning to supress your inner hollow, hitting on keigo's sister), and the like, but i do not think tatsuki will begin to *participate* in the story, more likely we will begin to see more isshin/uruhara action after (or while) this training period...

Miso
February 12, 2006, 01:49 PM
I would like to see more of the other characters.
For example Rukia. I mean, it's clear that she has to work on her combat skills, she's so damn weak. Perhaps we can see in the next chapter how she will train for the next battles.
On the other hand it is Most likelys - as already pointed out - that we can see more of the conversation between Ichigo and the vaizards.

Galth
February 12, 2006, 01:52 PM
i don't really remember the point where Rukia was weak... she is said to have at least Vice-Captain abilities, was the fastest to defeat her arrancar WITHOUT releasing her limitations, and only lost to the Espada where the strongest one of them, Ichigo, lost to too. When was she said to be weak?!?

Mr. Prince
February 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
well, I'm not sure whether rukia even HAS a limitation?!
maybe it's just a little extra for captains and vice-caps^^
but I think it's too hard to say she'd be weak...

anyway I hope there won't be a timesjump...*plz kubo*

Galth
February 12, 2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, you're right, they said only captains and vice-captains of the gotei 13 got those limiting stingers in their body, so rukia just totally owned that arrancar... with full power, but still: she did it in only 1 attack, that's gotta count for something? she's not weak at all, remember

"when i graduated, i had the skill to become a seated officer right away, but he( byakuya ) made sure i didn't get into such a dangerous proffesion" or something like that, few chapters ago...

Mr. Prince
February 12, 2006, 07:11 PM
hey, you don't have to convince me of rukia's strength^^
I said it'd be too hard to say that she's weak...

Galth
February 12, 2006, 07:15 PM
i'm not convincing you, i'm convincing Miso if she reads this again ^^'

Mr. Prince
February 12, 2006, 07:22 PM
ahhh, ok^^
I was a bit confused, because your post was related to mine...
damn I'm too self-centered XD

venicia777
February 12, 2006, 07:25 PM
For example Rukia. I mean, it's clear that she has to work on her combat skills, she's so damn weak...

this is where i disagree with you completely- she is not weak. you should check a few chapters back- she owned  a gillian arancar easily irrespective of how weak this character is. Remember what renji said- if their limiters had not been in a place there woulda been a high chance of those arancar winning in all the matchups. the surprise of 5times increase in power was their downfall.
 if you are also referring to how Grimm jow almost killed Rukia-then  remember he beat ichigo and ichigo was lucky tousen stopped the encounter- so can you say then that  ichigo is weak? he is captain level for christ sake and had no limiters. And Grim jow was the strongest of those that came to town.

anyways- next chapter will be either a time jump or some of the characters starting their training or getting ready to train before the time jump in a few chapters. Because i doubt kubo will spend time writng chapters for each characters training.

Galth
February 12, 2006, 07:45 PM
 if you are also referring to how Grimm jow almost killed Rukia-then  remember he beat ichigo and ichigo was lucky tousen stopped the encounter- so can you say then that  ichigo is weak? he is captain level for christ sake and had no limiters. And Grim jow was the strongest of those that came to town.

You've misread me, i said the exact opposite: i noticed that the ONLY person rukia lost to was the strongest enemy, that not even Ichigo could defeat, and i rate ichigo the strongest good guy around at the moment ( including hitsugaya, imo ), so read first, post later ;)

Miso
February 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
Hmm... it's true that Rukia has vice-captain abilities and she pwned that gillain. But the gillian she defeated was even seen weak among his comrades (see ch 209 p 09).
But I still remember ch 1 when she couldn't defeat a hollow and transferred her powers to Ichigo. Although Ichi was a really new-born shinigami it was totally easy to beat this hollow to a pulp. Doesn't that mean that the hollow wasn't that strong because even a newb could defeat it?
Plus, she was almost killed by Grimm Jaw. I was so impressed how she beat that gillian with just one blow and then she totally sucked. :blink
But I admit that Khaludh had a convincing counter argument against that. Grimm Jaw is a monster considering strength.
Well, I think it might be that I consider Rukia as weak because she needs to be rescued in the whole series somehow. At first, Ichigo had to kill that hollow for her and then she is brought to Soul Society to be executed so that Ichi and friends also have to rescue her - which was a gigantic story arc so far. ;)
I can say that in my head there is this image of her being weak. That isn't very logical I admit.
Perhaps I'm just wrong. :sweatdrop

Gold Knight
February 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
Well she's a lot stronger now compared to when she was stuck in a gigai body, you gotta admit, Miso ^^

I also bet that Rukia hadn't completely gotten 100% of her former shinigami strength back, not to mention she was probably restricted by the same limit that Renji, Hitsugaya and Matsumoto had to deal with before they were granted permission by the Soul Society.

But yeah, I'm hoping Rukia becomes much more of a supporting character soon in the series rather than a damsel always in distress.

Dragonzair
February 13, 2006, 08:16 AM
As things are looking now, i indeed got the impression there will be some sort of timeskip, and, if where on the Naruto road, why not some Yoruichi/Uruhara's youth gaiden!!

I was actually thinking of that. O.O

If there is going to be some fillers, I'd hope it to be Soul Society-centric. It'd be interesting to see the shinigamis go about their daily lives, whatever. Just like those extra chapters. XD

Miso
February 13, 2006, 08:30 AM
If there will be a Yoruichi/Urahara gaiden it needn't to be a youth gaiden( in regards of them being teens). I think it would be enough if we get to know more of their past: the time when they were captains or vice-captains.

After all it's one of the most intriguingly mysteries of this series ;) (see the according thread at the Bibliotheca of Bleach).

Galth
February 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
I also bet that Rukia hadn't completely gotten 100% of her former shinigami strength back, not to mention she was probably restricted by the same limit that Renji, Hitsugaya and Matsumoto had to deal with before they were granted permission by the Soul Society.

Hitsugaya said himself that it is a rule for the captains and vice-captains of the gotei 13 to have restrictions on them, rukia is not ( yet ) a seated officer, so therefor she does not have a restriction when coming to the mortal world. though she would be a good candidate for the new openings in the gotei 13's command positions

Miso
February 13, 2006, 05:32 PM
...though she would be a good candidate for the new openings in the gotei 13's command positions

If she will get the chance. I remember Rukia's gigai (?) saying that Byukuga demanded that she won't be promoted because he fears that she will have to face greater dangers if she becomes a seated officer/vice captain or whatever.

Galth
February 13, 2006, 05:35 PM
that´s right, but with war on their doorstep (i love that phrase :D) they will need to have the strongest shinigami in the strongest positions, and even being a normal shinigami didn't save rukia from being sliced open by grimmjow, ne?

Miso
February 13, 2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah...I would also prefer to see her promoted.
Although Ikkaku would be given the 1st open spot but then again he would refuse as we've already read in the manga. Too bad - he's a good one, too and I'd like to see him promoted. 3rd seat doesn't suit him and his strength.

Galth
February 13, 2006, 10:59 PM
yeah, but at least he knows kenpachi is the best!

as for predictions: next chapter will see sado/chad beginning his training, but more importantly, some ichigo conversation to learn the reader more about vaizards in general, and perhaps some uruhara/yoruichi/isshin contemplating, while the others are looking for ichigo, so mainly talking :( - and perhaps another funny scene @Keigo's...

HokageNaruto
February 14, 2006, 03:42 AM
to be honest i think rukia isnt gonna have the abiltity to beat a top arrancar but if aizen happens to create a small army of gillians i bet she will be in that mix, i like how ikkaku is stronger then he was when he fought ichigo, i mean the whole supporting cast of gotei 13 shinigami are gonna sooner or later tangle with the 10 Vastorōdes so i hope that they assign new captains for those 3 open spots before it gets really good

anbutofu
February 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
i predict well get to see Byakuya come to earth after hearing what happened to Rukia - that would be neat to see how he "fits in" w/ mortals...i wish
time skip seems imminent, but who knows, maybe it wont happen because it seems like the espada do not need to get stronger than they already are, so a sudden burst in power could be possible too - or it will be a dbz and ichigo will become so strong that hell be able to take on all of them

Chiru
February 16, 2006, 08:31 AM
Any chance new characters will appear to fill the missing Captain Seats? I'd like that. I love new characters in Bleach. XD

maxhrk
February 16, 2006, 08:48 AM
rumour on bleachforums.com that some peep in japan got caught distroing..(i am not sure if it's bleach or something...) oh well. :)

hope it only a rumour. heh.

cygnus
February 16, 2006, 09:17 AM
I predict that this will be an Ichigo-centric chappie. Maybe reveal a bit about the Vaizards and what their aim is, maybe some Uruhara's greatness too.

lexiefaye
February 16, 2006, 03:43 PM
Raw out at NF.

http://www.savefile.com/files/7089356

kaze950
February 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
Hmm, Hiyori's 'half-hollow' form.

looks pretty cool. And she looks controlled. atleast, moreso than Ichigo was

Snake1786
February 16, 2006, 06:37 PM
Raw out at NF.

Thanx man.[br]Posted at: February 16, 2006, 03:37:17 PM_________________________________________________[quote=lexiefaye ]
Raw out at NF.

Thx man.

venicia777
February 16, 2006, 09:31 PM
thanks for the link. unfortunately there arent many translators for bleach on this famous forum.

You've misread me, i said the exact opposite: i noticed that the ONLY person rukia lost to was the strongest enemy, that not even Ichigo could defeat, and i rate ichigo the strongest good guy around at the moment ( including hitsugaya, imo ), so read first, post later ;)

what is this-- hahhaaa- unfortuately you are the one that misread and misquoted- unless you the same person as MISO. my comment in that post was regarding Miso's earlier post- not about you Khalud.

Miso
February 16, 2006, 10:17 PM
I remember ^^... my original post caused quite a ruckus here.

this is where i disagree with you completely- she is not weak. you should check a few chapters back- she owned a gillian arancar easily irrespective of how weak this character is. Remember what renji said- if their limiters had not been in a place there woulda been a high chance of those arancar winning in all the matchups. the surprise of 5times increase in power was their downfall.

I'm not sure if we haven't it discussed anywhere already but did Rukia really have a limiter? Weren't those only for captains and vice captains? If so she wouldn't have been limited and those were her full powers.
So it wouldn't meant that much that she pwned the gillian.

... But the gillian she defeated was even seen weak among his comrades (see ch 209 p 09).
[br]Posted at: February 16, 2006, 10:52:48 PM_________________________________________________Anyways...has someone checked the translation out so far: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1330.0

Wow, this chapter rocks. We really get to know more about the mysterious vaizards, their motives and so on. Totally interesting!

Gold Knight
February 16, 2006, 10:24 PM
The way you handled that though, Miso ... it was one of the reasons you were modded. ;)

Anyway, cool chapter. I really liked the cover of Hirako too... and I think I'm starting to like Hiyori as well, she seems rather dynamic for a kid character.

And whew... more characters!!! This manga has quite the character cast rundown...

venicia777
February 18, 2006, 08:30 PM
The way you handled that though, Miso ... it was one of the reasons you were modded.  ;)

Anyway, cool chapter.  I really liked the cover of Hirako too... and I think I'm starting to like Hiyori as well, she seems rather dynamic for a kid character. 

And whew... more characters!!!  This manga has quite the character cast rundown...

do we know of hiyori's age yet- in which chapter is it?

Galth
February 28, 2006, 01:18 AM
It is never said in the manga, but recently a databook was released... though i don't suspect any vaizards to be in that yet... there could be :)