PDA

View Full Version : Travel Travel Abroad & Tour Guide

kadodo
January 01, 2007, 03:01 PM
Ideal Vacation Travel Locations & Places I have Visited Already Thread!

In this thread you can:

Post where you would like to travel to for an Ideal vacation spot, or travel in general.
Perhaps, you have you already visited some places? Maybe you visited a country and found something enjoyable.
Then, share about your travels and what you discovered at the places you went to.

Discussions are also allowed, feel free to question the other users choices and to tell the pros, cons of the places, countries, etc

Thread merged with Abroad thread

Luckas
January 01, 2007, 04:43 PM
I live in Italy and I visited Paris and I saw something of England.

kadodo
January 01, 2007, 05:07 PM
It seems you know some countries in Europe. Do you want to go other countries outside of europe?

Luckas
January 01, 2007, 05:26 PM
Too many places to list. The strange thing I'm not sure I want to go to Japan, I fear it wouldn't be as good as I imagine. And I'm not much interested in Usa. If I would have the money and the possibility I would visit Europe, almost any nation interests me, Middle East and Asia; I don't know in which order. Then I'll go to Australia.
When I travel I look for art and past, for this reason I choose Europe, Middle East and Asia; Australia for his landscape, maybe I'll go also for the most famous deserts: Sahara in Africa, Gobi in Mongolia/China, Atacama in south America.

Azurel
February 18, 2007, 11:43 PM
I wish to go backpacking in Australia, maybe after I finish university and before I start working ^^

Other places I would love to visit would be New Zealand, England, Italy, Egypt and Texas.

And oh yeah, while travelling I want to taste the different kind of cheese in the different country :smile-big

rhapsody blue
February 19, 2007, 01:06 AM
I've been to Canada and Greece. I've stayed in the airports of Britain and Germany. Do those count? LOL

I found out that I'll be studying abroad for 2 weeks this summer in the Bahamas. Oh yeah...

~Lilium~
February 19, 2007, 01:16 AM
I've been to Bali, Singapore, Canada, and Taiwan. I'm currently living in US and came from Philippines. So that's 6 :). Oh I stopped on Japan but it was only for 2 hours in an airport. :(

I want to go to japan and at least stay there for a day or two.

kadodo
February 19, 2007, 01:17 AM
@snoogen:wow, you lucky to go the Bahamas Snoogen. I went there and I liked it. You gotta go in the beach, it's the best part of it.

and Azurel are you from Australia or did you live there for a while?

How did you like Tailand, Azurel. I would like to go to Asia so much, especially for Japan.

Azurel
February 19, 2007, 04:44 AM
I found out that I'll be studying abroad for 2 weeks this summer in the Bahamas. Oh yeah...
that sounds really nice.. I wanna do an exchange program in uni too :XD

I've been to Bali, Singapore Woo.. so you've been to sunny Singapore huh :p How do you like it?

and Azurel are you from Australia or did you live there for a while?

How did you like Tailand, Azurel. I would like to go to Asia so much, especially for Japan.

I have never been to Australia.. I'm from Singapore :amuse but I have a lot of friends who migrated to Aussie so yeah, that's why I wanted to go backpacking with them ^^

Thailand? Hmm.. I don't think I've been there.. :XD

The only countries I've visited is Malaysia and Indonesia. All in the same region, I don't even have a visa. :eyeroll

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 19, 2007, 07:23 AM
The only countries I've visited is Malaysia and Indonesia. All in the same region, I don't even have a visa. :eyerollAnd how do you like Indonesia? I love Singapore, it's very clean, but just as hot as Jakarta. :D

LadyHatake
February 19, 2007, 08:17 AM
I've never been outside the US, but I'd actually like to travel the world some ^^ europe, australia and asia are the three areas I'm most interested in. I'd love to go see all the sights with some family or friends ^^

rabb
February 19, 2007, 08:45 AM
heh. wondor no one hought of this earlier. well im an American, and the only time i've been out of the country was several trips to mexico. we never went further than a few miles from the tourist traps though. its sombering to see so many children begging for money, and trying to sell you things. the first time i saw mexico was over el rio grande (lit. "the big river") in texas. one side of the river, the american side, as all nice houses, while the ones on the other side were all made out of tin and cardboard.

lets see, countries i know. well i know a lot about most european countries, canada, japan is 73h|-| 1337/\/355, russia, china, south africa, swaziland (you gotta love a country with a name like swaziland. its the only small country that doesnt automaticly piss me off XD), ethiopia, and egypt. the countries to visit list is very similar, except the 1337 one is at top of the list. some day i want to take a trip across europe ^^ that'd be cool. and i could stop by and torture so many of you with my usaul weirdness!

Azurel
February 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
And how do you like Indonesia? I love Singapore, it's very clean, but just as hot as Jakarta. :D
To be honest, I can't really remember. The last place I went to was Batam or was it Surabaya? And that was many years ago.. when I was like 10? Not much different from malaysia actuali.. But I do remember the stuff there are cheap :XD

Ayah
February 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
My answer will come in later. ~ Ayah

And this is what I meant when I said "later". Actually, I didn't intend for the wait to take this long.

I live in the Philippines, and have been to Hong Kong, U.S.A. (twice) and Thailand. During our trips to the U.S., our stopover was in the South Korea the first time, and Japan in the second. Too bad our relatives in the U.S. didn't want to take us to either Canada or Mexico :tem Last year, my mother went to England and France with a friend. I so want to go with her! However, it was by invitation and that did not extend to me nor any of my siblings. Even if my mom has finally been to Europe (which I want to visit someday. No specific country in mind yet), she wants to visit Italy and I told her to bring me along when she does. I don't know if that would happen soon.

I have this feeling that my next trip out of my country would be still in Asia. Most likely Macau (which is part of China. Might as well say Hong Kong again due to the nearness of Macau and HK) or Singapore. Maybe even Malaysia. Less likely would be South Korea, Taiwan and Japan due to the language barrier, though I definitely want to be in Japan for more than a stopover. Behind them would be Australia. Europe would still be at the top of my list of places I want to travel to because next to the U.S., it seems to be next on the opposite side of the globe for me.

baboysai
February 19, 2007, 12:05 PM
I live in the Philippines and the only other country I've visited is the US. I think I'll be going to China this summer, but that's still a big probability.

I'd like to go to Japan because that's where my parents had their honeymoon. (My sister got accepted for the Masters scholarship program there, I'm so jealous!) and of course, Japan's just a beautiful place. Next would be France and Italy, I guess. Then Mexico and Indonesia (the ruins!) All choices I've mentioned so far are because I'm interested in their architecture.

deathshadow25
February 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
I live in the U.S and i want to visit alot of places. The place I want to go to the most is South Africa, I wanna go there so badly. I then want to go to Thailand and Finally Australia and Greece. I want to go after I'd like to get some form of degree before I go there though. Also I haven't really thought of it but I'd like to go to Britain and visit all of the cheesy tourist spots.

venicia777
February 19, 2007, 12:30 PM
i have visited Egypt and cameroon in Africa. I know Germany. And will love to visit Athens.

LadyHatake
February 19, 2007, 01:02 PM
My uncle and aunt visited Egypt a few years ago on a business trip. They did some sort of camel-back tours in the desert, and one of the camels spat on my uncle xD

Also, to add to my list, I reeeeaaaaaaaaalllly want to visitt Italy. I have a friend who goes there to visit her mother's side of the family every few years, and she's brought back some beautiful pics. Plus, italian food is pure love <3

BlueChild
February 19, 2007, 04:15 PM
i live in Germany, so i know germany >.>

i've been to Belgium, Netherlands, France, Austria, Greece, Poland, Croatia....i think that's it....

the two places i want to visit are Japan and New Zealand! backpacking in New Zealand with my best friend :amuse

starfall856
February 19, 2007, 08:07 PM
i really want to go to Europe and Japan (shocker)
mainly Venice, all right mainly, Italy, England, and France
OH THE EUROPEAN FASHION!!!

Azurel
February 19, 2007, 08:46 PM
Europe would still be at the top of my list of places I want to travel to because next to the U.S., it seems to be next on the opposite side of the globe for me.
Yeah, most Asians wanna go Europe coz it's like the land far far away for us :XD

i have visited Egypt
Ahh.. how's egypt? all sand and camel and pyramids? >.<

i've been to Belgium, Netherlands, France, Austria, Greece, Poland, Croatia....i think that's it....

backpacking in New Zealand with my best friend :amuse
You sure have been around Europe :darn

and great minds think alike! cept I rather backpack in Aussie. :amuse

kadodo
February 19, 2007, 09:16 PM
It seems that almost everybody wants to go Japan.

Here is a question. In all the countries that you guys visited, which one did you guys like the best.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 19, 2007, 09:20 PM

Here is a question. In all the countries that you guys visited, which one did you guys like the best.
Well, not me (at least, not now). :D
And since i've only went to Singapore, so i dont have much to say. But, i love how clean Singapore is. :D

Azurel
February 19, 2007, 10:06 PM
And since i've only went to Singapore, so i dont have much to say. But, i love how clean Singapore is. :D
that's the 2nd time u said Singapore is clean :p government should give those cleaners a pay rise. :XD

Well, I really love Malaysia's rainforest. nature is so peaceful and cruising the river is fun.. I wish I was back in Pahang, hiking those treacherous forest :amuse

And going to Japan would be nice but it's not like a must go for me.. I can kinda visualize how it looks like so not so curious abt it. ^^

~Lilium~
February 19, 2007, 10:44 PM

I went to singapore last summer and bought this mug as a souveneir that says a bunch of rules like "no chewing gum." and stuff. They're very strict there aren't they. But I agree it's a nice place. :nod

Of course a lot of people here want to go to japan, manga's from japan... :amuse

As for your question, I think the best place I visited was Bali. People were really nice there. Not to metion all the hot australians everywhere. :XD

kadodo
February 19, 2007, 10:49 PM
It's true yay70, we like Japan because it gives us manga and it gives us mangahelpers.com,

The best place I think I visited was probably Jamaica. They showed me some of their dances and languages, tasted their food, went to a reggea museum. It was good.

deathshadow25
February 19, 2007, 10:51 PM
oh yea I wanna visit singapore too

~Lilium~
February 19, 2007, 10:56 PM
A lot of people here have been somewhere in south/latin america. I want to go there too someday. :noworry

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 20, 2007, 04:26 AM
that's the 2nd time u said Singapore is clean :p government should give those cleaners a pay rise. :XD Well, after seeing mountains of garbage that the flood left all around my town, keeping the city clean has become one of my priority, though it doesnt apply to my messy workdesk. :D

As for your question, I think the best place I visited was Bali. People were really nice there. Not to metion all the hot australians everywhere. :XD
Yeah, the people in Bali are very nice, even to broke domestic tourist like me. I went there once and lost all of my money, I couldnt even pay for a call home. While i was sitting on the bus terminal, a guy approached me. I thought i was gonna get mugged. But he's a truck driver who happened to be noticing me sitting alone in the terminal. He was gonna deliver some stuff to Jakarta and he offered me a ride, free of charge! He even bought me food, which i insist on paying back and did pay back once i got to my town. :D

Azurel
February 20, 2007, 06:04 AM
I went to singapore last summer and bought this mug as a souveneir that says a bunch of rules like "no chewing gum." and stuff. They're very strict there aren't they. But I agree it's a nice place. :nod
Yeah, we are pretty strict on rules here. But the no chewing gum is just for show really. Chewing gum are not sold here anywhere except pharmacy and those are for smoking addiction. But EVERYONE smuggles chewing gum over from Malaysia, just not in bulk. We can't bring chicken from Malaysia though, the whole bird flu restriction, pretty tight on that.

oh yea I wanna visit singapore too
yes, do come to sunny rainy and very small singapore :XD

He was gonna deliver some stuff to Jakarta and he offered me a ride, free of charge! He even bought me food, which i insist on paying back and did pay back once i got to my town. :D
very nice people indeed :amuse

BlueChild
February 20, 2007, 07:30 AM
You sure have been around Europe :darn

heh, Austria was a school trip, Poland was Volleyball trainingscamp, Belgium (three times) were international tournaments....and Netherlands, France, Greece and Croatia were holidays ^^

Raine_Joybringer
February 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
^_^; Funnily enough, I'd actually like to go on a trip around Australia. I know it's my own country, but it's just something I'd like to do.

And then I'll go to Taiwan perhaps :)

kadodo
February 20, 2007, 09:11 AM
I think I would like to go to Australia too since a lot of you woul like to or even already went there.

By the way, did any of you go to both Singapore and Switzerland? If yes, which do you think is cleaner?

deathshadow25
February 21, 2007, 05:08 PM
I once visited an Island called St. Martin,

~Lilium~
February 21, 2007, 09:42 PM
where's that? :blink

kiddo7
February 21, 2007, 10:35 PM
Lets see... here I will present a list of countries starting with the one i have spent most of my time in and ending with ones that I have been in for only a few hours (like to make a connection on a plane flight)
Austria
Hungary
America
Switzerland
Slovakia
Germany
Israel
Romania
England
Italy
Luxemburg
France
Slovenia
Bulgaria

Here are some countries I would like to see:
Jamaica, Because My father was born there
Ethiopia, Because my mother was born there
Australia, because I heard a lot of good stuff about it
Japan, because it is arguably one of the most high tech countries out there.
And last but not least, any country with a jungle or tropical rain forest, ...Because it has a Jungle or tropical rain forest.

kadodo
February 21, 2007, 11:30 PM
I once visited an Island called St. Martin,

If I;m not mistaken, I think it;s in the Carribeans near Haiti and Jamaica

Paper
February 22, 2007, 01:38 AM
i lived most of my life, and i am currently living in the Philippines, i lived in the Isle of man for 2 years, and i used to frequent San Francisco & San Jose

~Lilium~
February 23, 2007, 12:44 AM
ooo. level4paperboy. i'm from the philippines too. though i'm currently in the US. :)

If I;m not mistaken, I think it;s in the Carribeans near Haiti and Jamaica

:oh I thought that was a place in switzerland or something. but the name sounded like it didn't come form switz....

kadodo
February 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
No, it's not in Switzerland.
did you guys ever get in trouble in the countries that you went?

~Lilium~
February 23, 2007, 09:14 PM
yep, me my dad and my sister went to california and we had a tour bus waiting for us for 10 min. just because all 3 of us woke up late.... :oh

yeah, everyone was like, glaring, at us when we came in....

kadodo
February 23, 2007, 09:20 PM
Man, I would feel embarassed. I do not like it when people look at me in a weird way

~Lilium~
February 23, 2007, 10:47 PM
i was a kid though about 12 yrs all so they looked more at my dad rather than me and my sis! :p

delapaz13
February 24, 2007, 03:54 AM
Let me see... I would like to go around the world!!!!!!!!!!(but definitely not in 80 days)=)

Azurel
February 24, 2007, 04:49 AM
Actually I travelled with my family a lot when I was younger.. Visited all the states in Malaysia.. But the problem is.. I can't remember much of it.. I was way too young. :s

kadodo
February 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
I know a lot of you guys went to lots of dofferent countries. However, did you guys taste their food?
which one had the best food?

~Lilium~
February 24, 2007, 11:51 PM
I think the best food I ever tasted was in Bali. I just loved their barbacues (ek, cant spell today :XP) with peanut butter sauce. Almost all the indigenous food their were spicy though...

kadodo
February 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
Bali huh? I have to go there. Seeing all the countries all you guys went to makes me feel like going around the world

sahugani
February 25, 2007, 08:32 PM
The only places i've been to are various locations around the US (i live in California but have been to a few other locations on the East and West coasts) and England where my dad's family all live

i really want to go to Australia and Italy

~Lilium~
February 25, 2007, 09:55 PM
Bali huh? I have to go there. Seeing all the countries all you guys went to makes me feel like going around the world

yeah... i wanna go to australia and europe... I haven't been there. :darn

bax
February 26, 2007, 03:40 AM
Hmm.. Where do I want to go eh?

Well, I'm from Malaysia, and already did explore all parts of it. Next in the list would be Europe (Germany, Italy and Sweden) and also Egypt. Japan.., I've been there once. Eem.. maybe Turkey too.

kadodo
February 26, 2007, 11:14 AM
Hmm.. Where do I want to go eh?

Well, I'm from Malaysia, and already did explore all parts of it. Next in the list would be Europe (Germany, Italy and Sweden) and also Egypt. Japan.., I've been there once. Eem.. maybe Turkey too.

You say you've been there once. Which country are you talking about?
You never visited the U.S.?

Nami
February 27, 2007, 12:10 AM
I had been to Australia (Mel & Sydney), Spain (Madrid), Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia (Jakarta), Thailand (Bangkok), Brunei, UK (London, Leicester), Paris, Brussels & Brugge, Switzerland (Geneva).

Think I'll be going to Manila next month..but other places that are in the pipline is Japan (Tokyo & Hokkaido), and US (New York) first, but the 24 hour flight is kind of making me think for quite a while. After that, I hope to be able to go to Italy, and Paris & Spain (barcelona) again..!! :smile-big

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 27, 2007, 12:54 AM
I had been to Australia (Mel & Sydney), Spain (Madrid), Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia (Jakarta), Thailand (Bangkok), Brunei, UK (London, Leicester), Paris, Brussels & Brugge, Switzerland (Geneva).

Think I'll be going to Manila next month..but other places that are in the pipline is Japan (Tokyo & Hokkaido), and US (New York) first, but the 24 hour flight is kind of making me think for quite a while. After that, I hope to be able to go to Italy, and Paris & Spain (barcelona) again..!! :smile-bigWell, should you ever visit Jakarta again, please let me know. I'll be glad to show you around the town (not much to see and i'll probably get us lost). :D
I suggest the same to any MH members. :D

Nami
February 27, 2007, 01:00 AM
Ha...thanks!
This reminds me.. what happened during my trips there (went twice)was - airport- office- hotel - office - airport.. :p I went to a shopping centre (somewhere near Marriott) only once, but can't remember the name :)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 27, 2007, 01:10 AM
Ha...thanks!
This reminds me.. what happened during my trips there (went twice)was - airport- office- hotel - office - airport.. :p I went to a shopping centre (somewhere near Marriott) only once, but can't remember the name :)

There are, let's see... 3 shopping centre near the Marriot. The closest is Ambassador Mall (more like shopping centre instead of a Mall). :D

Azurel
February 27, 2007, 08:31 AM
Malaysia, Indonesia (Jakarta), Thailand (Bangkok), Brunei You've been to all those countries.. :XD you've practically covered that region, except you miss one spot right in the middle of it all, Singapore :p

Nami
February 27, 2007, 08:47 AM
Yup! You are right! And also Philippines! Followed by China & Korea & Taiwan & Japan - maybe I can do a regional tour. :)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic
February 27, 2007, 08:52 AM
Yup! You are right! And also Philippines! Followed by China & Korea & Taiwan & Japan - maybe I can do a regional tour. :)
Wow, what is it that you do that made you travel a lot, Nami? :D
It must be great seeing all those awesome places.

Nami
February 27, 2007, 09:14 AM
The places I mentioned above are places I have not been before yet... instead of covering here & far, maybe I should travel according to region - a more systematic way of travelling. :smile-big

Most of the trips are holidays - and yet they defeat the purpose of taking a break, as I usually end up more tired than ever when the holidays ended. E.g. my last trip to Paris made me totally exhausted. There were just too many places to cover and I can't finish them all ...!! :darn

Have you ever had such a feeling?

kadodo
February 27, 2007, 09:19 AM

Think I'll be going to Manila next month..but other places that are in the pipline is Japan (Tokyo & Hokkaido), and US (New York) first, but the 24 hour flight is kind of making me think for quite a while. After that, I hope to be able to go to Italy, and Paris & Spain (barcelona) again..!! :smile-big

Wow, you sure went around a lot of countries, I wish I could go to these places. How do you do on most of your trips? Do you go by plane or is it during a cruise?

bax
February 27, 2007, 09:21 AM
You say you've been there once. Which country are you talking about?
You never visited the U.S.?

I've been to Japan once, if that is what you are asking. To Hokkaido, winter, family vacation. My first and only time experiencing real snow too :p

Technically yes. Been to the US.

Xophien
February 27, 2007, 02:25 PM
I've been to Germany/Netherlands/Luxembourg/Switzerland/Italy/Spain. Never for more than one day, tho.

Countries I'd dream to visit ? Aside from Japan (of course), I'd say Denmark or the other Scandinavian countries. Me like cold very much :D (I'll never go to Japan during the summer, I'd just die because of the heat >.>)

Canada would be great too >.>

kadodo
February 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
You definitely added two countries on my list, Germany and Netherlands. I know you're from France and that's probably why you went to a lot of European countries. Are you living in U.S. (because you did not say visited or wanted to visit) or is it you don't want to visit?

Xophien
February 28, 2007, 06:06 AM
You definitely added two countries on my list, Germany and Netherlands. I know you're from France and that's probably why you went to a lot of European countries. Are you living in U.S. (because you did not say visited or wanted to visit) or is it you don't want to visit?

No, I'm still living in France, but I don't have any reasons to go visit the US :oh Though I'd say I'd like to visit New York... But for about the same cost, I'd rather visit Montreal. I've always been interested in the french-speaking region of North America :amuse

kadodo
February 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
oh ok, I have been to Montreal and let me tell you this is some place. You should see how they speak french (their accent just makes me laugh) and sooooooooooo cold too. If you go there you won't regret it.

also I think you will like New York as well, I lived there for three years and I can tell you that you will never be bored.

the_hellbringer
September 02, 2007, 06:12 PM
Ok... this started as a joke, but I think it's a good idea.

We're a lot of users in Manga Helpers, and we're from all around the world.

According to the Where do you come from? (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561) thread, there's people from Argentina, Australia, The Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Croatia, The Dominican Republic, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Haiti, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, The Phillipines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States of America and Wales.... ad I'm sure there are people from a lot more countries.

Eventually one of us is ging to travel to another country, a country that he doesn't know at all, where he dosn't know anybody...

So that why I open this thread... So we can give tourist information about our conutries and offer ourselves as Tourists Guides so we can help the MH member that is coming to our country.

So... try to write down some usefull information about your country. If someone of your same country has already writed something, you can add something else, but try to not repeat the same thing.
Also, if you're willing to offer yourself as a Tourist Guide, write your contact information.

I hope I¡m not breaking any rules or anything with this thread...

Since I'm starting this thread, I'm going to set an example and put some tourist info about Peru.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally I posted this in The Hang Out Thread v. 5 (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=443889#post443889) since MadDog's brother was coming to Peru.

Well. Right we're having one of the coldest winters ever... In Lima we're reaching almost 12ºC, it's not too low compared with other ocuntries but it's one of the coldest winters we've ever had, and in the andes it's the temperature is raching -16ºC in some parts.. specially in the south Andes.

Also it's a good time to visit Peru... yesterdar, June 24, was the Inti Raymi, wich is the Sun's Festival, a very big ceremony in Cuzco... it takes place in the Saccsayhuaman fortres... a lot of people dressed up as Inca people.
Bill Gates and Cameron Diaz came here this year for the Inti Raymi.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4504/panoramicasacsaywamanwg1.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4733/intiraymi01vy4.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9104/intiraymifest1000qy8.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6436/intirayminr8.jpg
*but the way... the flags with the 7 rainbow colors is the flag of the Incas... not the gay movemen flag*

And July it's a special month because July 28 it's our independence day.

They can go to Cuzco, the sacred valley, machu picchu... but they can also go to the north part of Peru.
In the north we have Trujillo, there are a lot of ruins in there, like Chan Chan. Also, in Tujillo, we have great beaches... and in ther eyou can se the Caballitos de Totora, wich are boats from the times before the Incas, made of some kind os straw. In Chiclayo they can see the Señor of Sipan. He was a powerfull lord in the north of Peru, he was buried with a lot of gold and stuff.
Also... in the north we have a lot of great and delicious food.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6746/cuzco170za9.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3006/cuzco113yi4.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5617/redimensionnement20de20mv9.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6097/trujillouz6.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/214/chanchanyp8.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/441/chanchanhx3.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6644/lambayequesipanqo0.jpg

In the south of Peru we have also Arequipa, a very nice and white city (teh old houses there are made of Sillar wich is a white volcanic rock, extracted from the Misti volcano near the city) in Arequipa we have the Cañon del Colca (Colca's Canyon) a big canyon where you can see Condors.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6908/arequipa01400x300wq9.jpg

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7715/volcanmistiarequipafm6.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8629/arequipaqq2.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2258/normalfcolcacondorc04tj0.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4684/luisimag1lb2.jpg

Also we have the Amazonan Rain forest.
Near Cuzco we have the Manú National Park. This park is a biosphere reserve whre there are a lot of animals and plants.
In the north part of the peruvian amazonan rain forest we have Iquitos. A very nice and joyfull city. There's a lot of partys in Iquitos and very good food and women. haha
You can visit native comunitys and see wild and rare animals in teh rain forest.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7336/rainforest4gd9.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5634/50688oy5.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4303/nativosdeiquitosperu2b2ne9.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/690/iquitos2tm2.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3213/0288amazonas1ec4.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4009/imanuej8.jpg

Oso Perezoso (lazy bear)
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5465/iquitos4arw8.jpg

Gallito de las Rocas
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3293/gallitorocasmanu2pg1.jpg

Otorongo
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5733/otorongoselvaop8.jpg

Tapir or Sachavaca
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7178/tapirfn9.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3703/iquitos4iv0.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4932/iquitosperucityyg9.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally I posted this in theAncient Civilizations Thread (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=385976#post385976)

It was a very big ancient civilizzation, tath arose from the highlands of Peru in 13th century. They conquered almost every south america.
The Tawantinsuyo (tawa=four suyo=region), wich was the name of the Incas Empire included part of the territory of what is now Clombia, Ecuador, Chile, Bolivia, Argentina and of course, Peru.
The apital of the Tawantinsuyo was in Peru, in a city called Cusco, qich means bellybutton.. because for the Icas, Cuzco was the center of the world.

Notice that I've written Cusco and Cuzco. That's because the Incas language, the Qechua, doesn't have writing, so nowadays, the people write it just like the words sounds.

They considered themselves as sons of the sun and they worshiped verything in the nature, so the lived in peace with the nature and with each other.

They were a peacefull society and they only had 3 rules. Ama sua, Ama quella, Ama Llulla. Don't be a thief, don't be a lier and don't be idle.
Everybody had to work for the Inca, but also for themselves and for their comunity. There where no money, you paid thing with other things or with work.

ne of the most impresive things about the Incas is their knowledge of engineering and their building abilities. They didn't know the wheel, but they carried really big stones for great distances. And they build great constructions without using any kind of cement.

Here's an example.

Here's one of the big rocks of Saccsayhuaman... it goes 3 meters below the ground

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3569/piedrotaul9.jpg

This is a part of the wall of the fortress of Saccsayhuaman

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2047/paredra6.jpg

Their constructions where antiseismical. They used trapezoidal architecture so the walls wouldn't fall. Teir architecture was so much better than the architecture that the conquistadors brought with them.
An example of taht is in the Qoricancha, wich was one of the biggest temples and it was dedicated to the Inti, the sun. Qori means gold and cancha means patio. Tat was beacause the walls were covered with gold, because gold represented the sun.
When the spanish came to Peru and brought the christianism, they build churches ontop of the temples to impose their religion.
The Santo Domingo (saint dominic) church was build on top of the Qoricancha, but their was a big earthquake on 1650 and then again in 1950 and the curch fell down... but the remanins of the Qoricancha stood still.

An example of the Incas architecture in the Qoricancha

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1930/arquitecturapx3.jpg

A contrast between the colonial architecture of the Santo Domingo church and the Incas architecture of the Qoricancha

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/685/contrasteiz6.jpg

One of their biggest citadels was Machu Picchu, it is 1.5km x 1km and it was a sacred citadel dedicated for their religion. It is ontop of the Machu Picchu mountain in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. For unknown reasons the construction of this citadel was never finised. One theory is that a lightning struck the city.. that was a message of their gods to abbandon the city because it wasn't safe anymore.
The conquistadors never foud this city. It was found in 1911 by Hiram Bigham. Wel.. he really showed it to the world.. teh city was never lost. Their were people living in it when Hiram Bigham arrivedm and he payed them to show him the city and shut up.

This city was sacred for a reason. I was near de sky... near to their gods. And they prayed their so their gods can listen. There's a room with two stones with a hollow in the middle, like a biiiig stone contact lens case XD... they used to fill those with water so they can used them to look at the sky. Those stones whre water mirros. It was a sin to look directly into the sky, since the sun was a god (that explains why it hurts to look at the sun)
There's also a circular room with a window, and in the winter solstice the sun rise up between a gate in a nearby mountain and the light enters te circular room through that small window. That prooves that the Incas were also great astronomers.

Thsi is Machu Picchu seen from the top of the Huaynapicchu (there's a very difficult path to the top)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/351/machupicchudesdearribaje1.jpg

A panoramical view from inside of Machu Picchu

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1134/panoramicamachupicchuxt1.jpg

This is the fortress of Pisac

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7725/panoramicapizacmj2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you see we have a lot of things to see here.... I hope if you come to Peru someday you can visit a lot of places. But you HAVE to eat everything you can, th food here is WONDERFULL.

For more information on Peru visit
- http://www.visitperu.com/
- http://www.enjoyperu.com/
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru

If you're planing to come to Peru and you need some help, a guide or anything... contact me.
My full name is Raul Carvallo and e-mail is The_hellbringer@hotmail.com
My cellphone is (511)97087520

Merged Threads

mrcongojack
September 02, 2007, 10:39 PM
Interesting thread. I guess I'll provide some travel hints for those souls journeying into the Heartland of America and Wisconsin ( I'll probably focus on Wisconsin...seeing as I live here and all :)).

Some Things to Avoid

1. The House on the Rock

The name says it all. Basically, some screwball architect got drunk and decided to build a house. On a rock. Now, the house is pretty interesting to look at from the outside...you know, if you're just driving by. But once you go in prepare to be bored out of your skull. You see, the place started out as just a house, but over the years the owners decided to add all sorts of extra exhibits, ranging from a 1850's gun collection to a reproduction of the climatic scenes of Moby Dick. This would be all well and good if it was a quick tour, but once you enter there is no escape for a good 4 hours. In between the guns and whale sculptures is one of the largest and possibly most boring collections of antique carrousels (you know, those things with the ceramic horses you ride on) in the world. It's just one creepy and lifeless horse statue after the next for a good hour. Save yourself the boredom and the bad memories and skip this.

2. The Wisconsin Dells

This place is basically a giant tourist trap, with several waterparks and attractions. If you are over the age of 12, there's nothing much to do. The only decent park is Noah's Ark, and that is open only during the summer. Outside of the waterparks are a ton of "attractions" such as Ripley's Believe it Or Not, a museum of replicas of things featured in the show. Outside of some shrunken heads and a few mummies, there's not much there.

Those are pretty much the worst places to visit. Outside of these tourist traps, there are plenty of great places to visit to get the real "Wisconsin" experience.

1. Madison, WI

Possibly the most liberal town in Wisconsin, this city is filled with great stuff to see and do. State Street is home to a lot of great shops and resturants and is also the location of one of the biggest Halloween celebrations in the country. For the entire week surrounding Halloween the street is just one big party.

Madison is also home to the State Capitol, a very impressive building and worth taking a quick tour of.

2. A Dairy Farm

This might not be the most exciting place to visit, but visiting one of our many dairy farms can be a rewarding experience. Now, I'm not saying you drive 20 miles into the country and trespass onto a farm, but many dairy farms have shops located on their property where you can by Grade A Wisconsin Cheese fresh from the cow. That sounds incredibly lame, but dang that stuff is better than the crap that comes in a can!

3. The Elroy-Sparta Bike Trail

This 30 mile bike trail in Western Wisconsin lay in the old tracks of an abondoned train line. Surrounding it is some of the best scenery in the entire state, with lush green hills rolling gently over the horizon.

There's my "advertisement" for Wisconsin. It's not comprehensive, but it details some of my favorite places in the state.

Nami
September 03, 2007, 10:20 AM
This thread is indeed interesting..!!! Somehow it will be different from just reading tour guides.

And since it's going to consist so much info...Can i suggest that before you go into details, can you include, e.g.

And your whole chunk of information ;)

the_hellbringer
September 03, 2007, 10:24 AM
This thread is indeed interesting..!!! Somehow it will be different from just reading tour guides.

And since it's going to consist so much info...Can i suggest that before you go into details, can you include, e.g.

And your whole chunk of information ;)

Yes, it's different from reading a tour guide... it's a lot more personal.

Great suggestion BTW. I'm going to edit my post. Mrcongojack please do the same.

Zwivix
September 04, 2007, 08:30 PM
Hey this is great. I'll start piling stuff about Mexico.

Well i should limit myself since there is something to see in every state.. I'll just give tourist some valuable info on how to survive if you ever get lost in Mexico (Might help lots of people)

rukawa1989
September 10, 2007, 10:01 AM
hi, i'm planning to visit japan in late november or early december for perhaps a week or so on a vacation.. anyone know where i should go? hokkaido's pretty cold at that time of the year isn't it? where's nice to go? wanna avoid hustle and bustle =) thanks!

Reiu
September 10, 2007, 11:00 AM
hi, i'm planning to visit japan in late november or early december for perhaps a week or so on a vacation.. anyone know where i should go? hokkaido's pretty cold at that time of the year isn't it? where's nice to go? wanna avoid hustle and bustle =) thanks!
You've never been to Japan before? Stay in Osaka and visit Kyoto, Himeji, and Nara. Tokyo's nice as well, but with only a week I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to hit Tokyo and then head west.

rukawa1989
September 11, 2007, 04:13 AM
hahas nope i've never been there b4.. FINALLY old enuff to be granted freedom to travel without my parents.. i wanna go see the sights and enjoy the rural air.. well it'll be cold but that's ok =) wanna see snow too =x never felt what's it like in an onsen b4 too.. xD

the_hellbringer
September 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
Reiu, maybe you should post some info about Japan to hel rukawa and other people in here http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17692

krazykone12
September 13, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hmm inside the U.S I've been to Las Vegas (really awesome), Baltimore, Chicago (also awesome),Cleveland and Cincinati Ohio, Virginia and West Viginia, LA (busy yet awesome) but I always wanted to go to Canada, Japan, and Europe (mainly Germany)

kadodo
September 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
Hmm inside the U.S I've been to Las Vegas (really awesome), Baltimore, Chicago (also awesome),Cleveland and Cincinati Ohio, Virginia and West Viginia, LA (busy yet awesome) but I always wanted to go to Canada, Japan, and Europe (mainly Germany)

Daang, you've been to a lot of places but las Vegas? You could not go to lots places could you because you're not 21 yet...

Imperium
September 23, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well in Britain i visited London(awesome place), Birmingham(boring, very boring), Manchester (pretty cool place) Liverpool (the docks are awesome), Leeds, bristol, Leicester, Edinburgh (very very very cool city) and some other minor cities, as for other countries, i visited Norway (Oslo is one amazing city) Canada (visited Vancouver and Toronto , i wanted to go to Montreal but sadly just didn't happen) visited buffalo and boson in the states and been to Kenya, Djibouti and Somalia in Africa. thats about all :D

kadodo
September 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, I also went to Canada but I only know Montreal. After that, I know lots of places i the Carribean. I really want to go in Africa as well but I don't know exactly when that will be.

kluzman
September 28, 2007, 05:14 AM
I've been very lucky, because my grand parents travel 2-3 times a year to foreign countries, and they always bring some of their grand-children with them.
So I've been to US (Florida, New York, Atlanta), the Carribeans (spelling?), Bahamas, Thailand (bangkok, phuket - I've been diving near the island of the movie "the beach" !!), Tunisia, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauricia, England, Spain (well it's only 2hours away from home by car ^^ ), and they are planning a trip to Mexico next year \o/.

I just hope i'll be able to do the same with my children / grand children when I get old! It's such a great experience to see foreign coutries, people, habits...

EtoileCyberPrima
October 01, 2007, 06:18 PM
Well, in the U.S I've been to California, Florida and a few other places that I can't remember for the moment.

I've been to Japan(Tokyo), Egypt (Cairo and a suburb called Rehab) , and Indonesia (Jakarta, Surabaya and Bandung) I traveled with my parents all over Canada when I was smaller as well.

Places I want to go to are Morocco, Singapore, Malaysia, Trinidad and Tobago, Libya, Syria and etc.

rykarreolacr
October 01, 2007, 09:14 PM
Countries I've been to:
Italy
Costa Rica
Egypt
Austria
USA
Holland
Spain

Places i would like to visit:
Right now... Japan

kadodo
October 01, 2007, 10:22 PM
I've been very lucky, because my grand parents travel 2-3 times a year to foreign countries, and they always bring some of their grand-children with them.
So I've been to US (Florida, New York, Atlanta), the Carribeans (spelling?), Bahamas, Thailand (bangkok, phuket - I've been diving near the island of the movie "the beach" !!), Tunisia, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauricia, England, Spain (well it's only 2hours away from home by car ^^ ), and they are planning a trip to Mexico next year \o/.

I just hope i'll be able to do the same with my children / grand children when I get old! It's such a great experience to see foreign coutries, people, habits...

You went to Bahamas too? I think this country is one of the best I visited and their beaches are just so clean.

I went to Florida as well. I lived in New York for a while and now I live in Atlanta. I never visited Europe but I would like to.

Countries I've been to:
Italy
Costa Rica
Egypt
Austria
USA
Holland
Spain

Places i would like to visit:
Right now... Japan

I really want to visit three of the countries on your list : Holland, Spain and Japan. I think I have to go to Japan whatever happens.

TigerGlaw
October 02, 2007, 03:26 AM
I have been to England, my mother is british and my dad is from switzeland...that's the only countries I have been...:eyeroll ...wow rykarreolacr you have been to ssso many places!!!

Gold Knight
October 02, 2007, 06:50 AM
The list of countries I want to visit is as long as anybody else's, I think. I've only really seen the United States (had a glimpse of Mexico, though), so that gives me a lot of places I haven't seen.

Though sightseeing in the United States can take a lot of time in itself, considering it's one of the biggest and more diverse nations in all the world. I've lived in five states and seen over fifteen. And there's still a lot to be seen. There's an entire western half of the U.S. I've only barely seen, and the Rocky Mountains over there are reputed to be one of the most beautiful sights in the world. There's also California, and I'd love to visit Hawaii and Alaska, as well.

But Italy is definitely the country outside the U.S. that I want to see the most. Being into art history, and also because it's pretty much the cradle of modern civilization as we know it. (Well, Italy and Greece.)

I'd love to see Wales and England as well, as that's where the majority of my family come from.

Egypt, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Japan, China, Australia, and Mexico are all on the list, too, though I think most of it is largely due to all the fun people I've met over the years on these forums :amuse

LadyHatake
October 02, 2007, 07:13 AM
I've never been outside of USA. However, I'd really really like to see Ireland, England and Scotland. I've seen pictures from there (Ireland especially) and it's absolutely gorgeous! My mom and I want to go in a few years, after I've graduated from college.

kadodo
October 02, 2007, 07:42 AM
The list of countries I want to visit is as long as anybody else's, I think. I've only really seen the United States (had a glimpse of Mexico, though), so that gives me a lot of places I haven't seen.

Though sightseeing in the United States can take a lot of time in itself, considering it's one of the biggest and more diverse nations in all the world. I've lived in five states and seen over fifteen. And there's still a lot to be seen. There's an entire western half of the U.S. I've only barely seen, and the Rocky Mountains over there are reputed to be one of the most beautiful sights in the world. There's also California, and I'd love to visit Hawaii and Alaska, as well.

But Italy is definitely the country outside the U.S. that I want to see the most. Being into art history, and also because it's pretty much the cradle of modern civilization as we know it. (Well, Italy and Greece.)

I'd love to see Wales and England as well, as that's where the majority of my family come from.

Egypt, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Japan, China, Australia, and Mexico are all on the list, too, though I think most of it is largely due to all the fun people I've met over the years on these forums :amuse

You surely move around a lot don't you GK? You have to get outside the U.S. whenever you can a chance. It is so cool to see how different other people are with their culture, climate and everything. I am sure you will enjoy Japan, Germany and France because all three of these countries are big manga/anime fanatics.

And I agree with you, some people here actually made want to visit their countries.

I've never been outside of USA. However, I'd really really like to see Ireland, England and Scotland. I've seen pictures from there (Ireland especially) and it's absolutely gorgeous! My mom and I want to go in a few years, after I've graduated from college.

I want to visit England so bad too. I want to actually see the british accent live (lol). I don't think I would ever try to drive in England though, cuz they drive on the left side of the road which is contrary to the U.S.

Gold Knight
October 02, 2007, 07:47 AM
I want to visit England so bad too. I want to actually see the british accent live (lol). I don't think I would ever try to drive in England though, cuz they drive on the left side of the road which is contrary to the U.S.

Most of the world drive on the left side of the road, don't they? I don't think I would mind that too much, though of course I'd rather just have somebody drive me around as I can do more looking out the window that way :p

My desire to visit all these countries is growing a lot because I'm studying the history of each country right now, and it just makes me want to see it all for myself ^^ I had no idea, for example, modern Germany pretty much came together at just about the same time that America declared its Independence from Britain.

Imperium
October 02, 2007, 07:57 AM
The place i want to visit above all is probably Dubai, because i actually have some family there and i heard it absolutely wonderful:amuse

I want to visit England so bad too. I want to actually see the british accent live (lol).

:rofl :rofl

My god a lot of people want to visit england :oh

Gold Knight
October 02, 2007, 09:18 AM
Dragonzair's from Sharjah, but she's probably seen Dubai. Hum... I didn't realize it was a wonderful place though. XD But I know living standards are pretty high there.

kadodo
October 06, 2007, 09:40 AM
I've only been in Mexico and in the USA (for two days though... and of those 2 days, 1 was in the hotel and 1/2 was in a shopping mall searching for a Wii)...

I would like to visit:
Antarctic
Germany
South Africa
US (Massachusetts)

Antarcitic? I never heard a lot of people wanting to visit there. Is there something that really ineterests there or you have families over there?

ILUVATAR
October 06, 2007, 02:53 PM
Well being from greece feels weird some times. We trully are a crossroad in the near region -_-; we are surrounded. three major continents and we are in the middle (Europe, Asia, Africa) :tem so i wanna go everywhere around by all means. have already visited Turkey, Italy, Germany, Holland, my targeted countries right now are England, Egypt and... Japan :scry a pretty far away target and the less sure to be achieved :crying
I also wanna go to America one day..... and ofc i just say America since i wanna go to South AND North :smile-big
So many places to see and people to meet :oh i am going to need a few more lives to visit them all

Imperium
October 06, 2007, 03:50 PM
oh, i forgot i also would like to visit japan, the same i expect as most people in this forum :amuse

and why egypt iluvatar????

kadodo
October 07, 2007, 09:13 AM
I love dark places and cold places... so, why not both at the same time?

Oh, I guess that's a good reason to go then :)

Regente
October 07, 2007, 09:37 AM
know none. I probably will visit US next year though.

gdupninja
October 07, 2007, 02:05 PM
Id like to go anywhere cuz ive never been outside the us. Id really like to go to japan and korea

Shojin
October 24, 2007, 02:58 PM
I would so love to go to Asia, especially Japan!

kadodo
October 25, 2007, 08:58 AM
Id like to go anywhere cuz ive never been outside the us. Id really like to go to japan and korea

I would so love to go to Asia, especially Japan!

Is it me or everybody here wants to go to Japan?! I guess i's because we want to see the people that write and draws the mangas for us and the actors that play in the anime..... :)

radical3113
October 26, 2007, 07:39 AM
once again japan

SkyKing
October 29, 2007, 10:50 AM
In the future, i plan to move and stay in japan.

Bouland
October 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
traveled to
uk -twice
saudi arabia -4
qatar
bahrain -3
uae -3
egypt -2
iran -3
iraq
turkey
syria
japan

most of those were when i was 16 or younger

it's been 4 years now since the last time i went outta my country

Crow-Kun
October 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
I want to go to France Very badly more than any other country.....

kadodo
October 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
I want to go to France Very badly more than any other country.....

France is on my list too but why do u want to go so badly?

Punky fish
November 13, 2007, 08:08 AM
I live in Finland, I've been in sweden, denmark and england.I WANT to go to Japan!!!

PaperYomiko
December 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
Hey guys! Thought it would be nice to get this thread back on the first page :amuse

As you can see, I did some thread merging here ^^ If you are traveling somewhere in the future and have questions or want some advice, this is a great place to ask! We have people from all over the world here, and the best travel advice always comes from the locals :)

Leen
December 20, 2007, 03:44 AM
Traveled to : USA

Future travel plans:

The Africa continent (countries don't matter)
- Mission trips

China
- Trace back my own genealogy

Monaco
- Perfect location to escape tax and to watch Monaco F1 GP
- My intended retirement home if I were rich enough

unasuvas
December 20, 2007, 04:13 PM
Hmm, I live in Southern California and I've only been to Las Vegas, Nevada and the Philippines but I would like to go to Germany or Japan. But what I really want to do when I become older is to live or at least take a long vacation in Spain.

lordHokage
December 20, 2007, 05:09 PM
This thread is indeed interesting, I like it a lot. I have to get my beloved country lists together. I will check back later. :)

kadodo
December 20, 2007, 06:10 PM
I never had Monaco on my list but I hear that it's a nice country.

Spain is definitely a place I want to go in. I love their culture and everything. I think it would be a nice place for vacations.

Hollow Kurono
December 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
Okay i need info on hungary,where to go,whats good there,is there anything good at all,cause my school si going there and i like takin trips and missing school,so is there anything good there??

I realy dont know if its the right place to ask this.

moved to appropriate thread

igotthegoods
December 31, 2007, 01:18 AM
what's the best vacation you've ever been on or the best place you've ever visited?

for me, it was an RV trip with some friends a few years ago. we rented an RV and did sort of a "circle tour" around lake michigan. we started in chicago, went up through wisconsin and into the upper peninsula of michigan and then back down through the main part of michigan and finally ended up back in the windy city. it was a 5 day trip. we took our sweet time stopping at various places like cheese stores in wisconsin (yummy!), mackinaw city/mackinac island, an indian casino in the UP (gambling is fun if done responsibly :p), and traverse city. we stopped and spent the night at various state parks and camp grounds, which we planned out ahead of time so we knew how far we had to travel each day. we basically drank beer and made smores around the campfire every night after our days of driving, shopping, and sight-seeing. it was really chill and sooooo much fun.

i would highly recommend it if you can get the right group of people together for the trip. we had 2 girls and 3 guys.....all platonic friendships, i might add, and we are all fairly low-maintenance people. we basically tried to find the right mix in which to avoid drama and we succeeded. it was fairly inexpensive as well. we bought most of our food ahead of time at the grocery store and ate on the RV so that really cut costs.

ok, your turn :)

phatspy
December 31, 2007, 02:17 AM
woah what a coincidence i live in michigan im not old enough to do that but hmm rite now im on my favorite vacation but im from trinidad an tobago and i used to live there but only in trinidad i was young a middle schooler idk what grade diff school system and we visited tobago the tiny island rite next to it visited the beaches good food i was with all my class mates that was the last time i would see them before going to a secondary school and one of their parents owned a hotel so we stayed at the hotel at a cheaper rate. my current really goodvacation is driving to new york and spending time in brooklyn w/ family friend amazing food shopping an what not i just think its time for me to have a vacation w/ a friend lol that wld b nice

godofthesunn
January 08, 2008, 09:45 PM
My favorite vacation would be going to Hawaii. Not only did I see uber attractive Japanese women but surfing in the pacific was fantastic.

lordHokage
January 09, 2008, 01:51 PM
For anyone who's planning to trip to my beloved country, here are some useful information, chick Welcome To The Islands Of The Bahamas (http://www.bahamas.com/bahamas/index.aspx ), have fun. :D

Sherbetmayhem
January 17, 2008, 09:04 AM
I stayed in Amman mostly :) (I rode my camel, Allyan, in Wadi-Rum! I learned my first word of Arabic there - pronounced 'gyallaa'! which meant hurry up, I think...) Teaching in the Christianity lessons in the local schools. I found it quite strange that religious lessons were taught completely separately - whereas in England, religious lessons are generally all taught together, regardless of the religion of the student, and we learn about all of them together.

Yeah, the taxis were quite bizarre as well! Amman is such a cool city though :D I taught in the Bishop's school and... darn, what was the girl's school called... CMS? I can't remember ^_^;

Yeah. The religious divide is quite strong there, at least from a Christian perspective. I mean, we were in a little church hall, and we were surrounded by mosques, with the dudes doing the call a lot :) I wasn't too happy about being woken so early :P

ElUniversal
February 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
Well, I'd like to share some pics about my country....I don't have photos of the Iguazú Falls, the perito Moreno glacier, the Moon Valley, Buenos Aires bohemian places or such, but I do have pics from my birthplace and the place I'm currently living in....hope you like them (and if you don't you better not say anything :p)

The Annual siberian-pulled-cart race in Calamuchita
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/4740/2351aag8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Villa Devoto, also called "Buenos Aires garden"
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7343/4166737250f0dbb2ec6zv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Typical cherry tree in San Luis (I think it's cherry...:oh)
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8991/edus1rm0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

El Morro, in San Luis
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/3240/pict0119ao3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
and I gotta go...maybe I'll post more later on...:)

Gold Knight
February 28, 2008, 03:49 PM
I think I'm going to take the liberty of stickying this thread for a while to give it more attention. Good idea though.

Here's a picture of where I live (basically).

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4296/img3008v2em9.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5703/img3027v2wf4.jpg

And the lake where I live at:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7281/img3016v2eu5.jpg

redcometfm
March 05, 2008, 02:56 AM
I stayed in Amman mostly :) (I rode my camel, Allyan, in Wadi-Rum! I learned my first word of Arabic there - pronounced 'gyallaa'! which meant hurry up, I think...) Teaching in the Christianity lessons in the local schools. I found it quite strange that religious lessons were taught completely separately - whereas in England, religious lessons are generally all taught together, regardless of the religion of the student, and we learn about all of them together.

Yeah, the taxis were quite bizarre as well! Amman is such a cool city though :D I taught in the Bishop's school and... darn, what was the girl's school called... CMS? I can't remember ^_^;

Yeah. The religious divide is quite strong there, at least from a Christian perspective. I mean, we were in a little church hall, and we were surrounded by mosques, with the dudes doing the call a lot :) I wasn't too happy about being woken so early :P

OT, I know, but any tips for visiting England?

Azurel
March 12, 2008, 11:24 PM
I'm envious of those who live surrounded by nature; mountains, greenies and rivers. It's something I can't enjoy on a tiny, modernized island filled with tall buildings. btw, the lake looks nice GK ^^

Well, I'm planning to visit Australia some time tis year during the winter season. Like Rukawa, we singaporeans have never seen snow :XD Although I have a couple of frens in perth and adelaide, I wanna know like where are the good spots to visit etc.. ;)

Gold Knight
March 13, 2008, 02:46 AM
Hmm you should definitely talk to our Australians here about that, hehe.

Hey, ask Kadoman in her thread, she's from there.

Azurel
March 13, 2008, 02:48 AM
thx GK ^^ I shall go bug her now :p

Reaver Reload
March 13, 2008, 07:12 AM
Canberra (the Capital) is pretty much a families town, but worth visiting if you want to see the Black Mountain Tower, Parliament house, Lake Burley Griffin & the waterspout, and... stuff.

Sydney has all the typical attractions, the Harbour bridge, Luna park, opera house, centrepoint, shopping, Chinatown & paddy's markets, anime, manga stores, etc, etc...

Perisher is great in the winter season (coming up in 3 months), not Thredbo like all the crappy ads on tv say. It's pure skiiing and snowboarding, but definitely worth the trip if you have some mates to muck around with. Takes about an hour from Canberra, two or more from Sydney.

Bondi is overrated, stick to the North Shore if you want some of the classic Australian surf. Coogee Beach is another top-rated suggestion of mine, and you'll get all the tanned and toned ass and surf and fish & chips that Australia is so famous for. (Both in Sydney.) Coogee is also awesome for dining out at night and you can enjoy leisurely strolls in a relaxed but smart atmosphere.

Melbourne is the best place for friendliness and nightlife - the larger portion of the younger private businesses set up shop in Melbourne so it's one big town with the majority of the age group in the 20's and 30's. Sydney's rival, Melbourne has a better city design but Sydney has the international fame and landmarks.

Go to Uluru at sunset if you can afford the journey to the heart of Australia, it's an incredible sight that turns an impossible shade of red at sunset.

Brisbane is not for the faint hearted due to the heat, but if you're a heat-lover, then it's a worthy visit, Brisbane has quite an interesting lifestyle and something to do is always a stone's throw away. Overrun with insects due to the heat, however, so maybe not for everybody.

<3

- Oh, and visit Taronga Zoo in Sydney or National Zoo & Aquarium in Canberra to see the unique wildlife up close and personal.

Azurel
March 15, 2008, 02:01 AM
^^ ty reaver for all that info. I'm takin it all down in my little notebook. :amuse I think I should really get an Australia Guide Book so I can look up those places u mention. :D

soDeq05
July 20, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hey guys!
If u have chance to choose between all the COUNTRIES in this world, which COUNTRY that u like to go most? :amuse

Feel free to share it with us! :D

Threads Merged

Mugiwara_no_Jack
July 20, 2009, 12:13 PM
Since I study Japanese culture and language it's obvious that I will go there someday.

I'd like to go to the USA as well though but just for a vacation like trip; Japan on the other hand is more likely for longer (about some years maybe)

kagerasengan
July 20, 2009, 09:43 PM
japan i guess,after all i've been readin so many manga and anime,lets see their culture for real...

-Ren Boy-
July 20, 2009, 10:03 PM
Dominica, and just sun bath loool.
And try to find if there is any family members there lol

Reminiscence
July 20, 2009, 10:32 PM
Japan. Specifically, as an American tourist.

I've gone a few times as the son of Japanese immigrants to the US, but my knowledge of Japan/Japanese isn't good enough to really get the most out of the experience - and also, I went to a relatively rural area, not somewhere like Tokyo. :P And not much manga/anime enjoyment.

Adorien
July 22, 2009, 06:47 PM
I also study Japanese and want to go to Japan one day. If it could be for at least an year, I'd be really happy. I could see some countryside and stuff.

blai
July 23, 2009, 04:23 AM
I'm unsure. I want to go to Hungary, but I'll prolly do that this december, and I wanna go to South Africa... but I'll prolly study there... and I prolly wanna go to the States, but I'll prolly gonna go there sometime next year...

The only country I wanna go to that atm is not going to happen would be Japan...

*looking at posts above*

Doh! I'm so mainstream ;(

Korash
July 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hopping on the bandwagon I'm going to have to say Japan, for several reasons... but mostly because I find their culture interesting, and in all honesty, I have a weakness for Asian girls ;>

But, If I had money for either a trip to Japan or Argentina I would have to chose the latter for familiar reasons... since I have a lot of family there I've never even met =/

sindergi
July 23, 2009, 06:54 PM
I really want to go to Norway - especially to the North Cape.
Norway is the only european country which i didnt visited until now.....ok i just pass through a few countries and didnt make a stop but i still count them :D

Totinona
July 23, 2009, 06:55 PM
I would have to say Japan and South-Korea.

Mostly Japan because I haven't been there yet(I haven't been to S-Korea yet either) and well manga, anime and other Japanese pop culture.:p

M3J
July 24, 2009, 10:59 PM
Japan, Greece, Italy, and Great Britain for me. Australia even.

Magicoreo
July 26, 2009, 04:56 PM
Like about everyone, Japan. But I want to go to Korea too, since my relatives live there.

redcometfm
July 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
Taiwan and South Korea now. Have had the best experiences with those types of girls. Especially today on the Metro, the most gorgeous Korean girl ever and we hit it off pretty well:hearts
Maybe Hong Kong too.

Gecko Moria
July 26, 2009, 11:58 PM
France: It's one of the remaining places of Europe I haven't explored. I hear the food is amazing (I have peculiar taste, and the French have peculiar taste!). Additionally, I imagine the Eiffel Tower is quite spectacular along with the Louvre (Mona Lisa) and Notre Dame.

Yuki_Judai
July 27, 2009, 02:58 AM
Japan and South Korea. Yeah, i wanna go to Japan because i wanna buy many manga ^^. For south korea, i wanna learn about Taekwondo ^^

sarganos
July 28, 2009, 05:55 AM
well thats easy ill go to Japan as ive been wanting to got there seens i remmber myself

ikuroi
July 29, 2009, 12:19 PM
It's Brazil (the girls, the girls!!), Jamaica (chill out atmosphere) and the Maldives (divin' n shit).

Arrogance
July 30, 2009, 02:06 AM
Well I really wanted to go to Croatia cause thats where my grandmother is from and I am just curious to see the place. Luckily I'm going there in a week :D. Other than that I would want to see Ireland (where my grandfather from my dads side of the family is from), Italy (really wanna go to Rome and Venice), and then I guess I'd go to Japan just cause I'm curious to experience the society first hand, even though I don't know if I would survive it :XD

stelok
August 09, 2009, 06:09 AM
I am interested in going to Japan, Italy, France, and Australia.

Japan is home to the anime and manga. Besides it has lovely tourist attractions and delicious delicacies.

France, because it is considered the cultural capital of the world

Italy, because I'm interested in the italian culture and architectural masterpieces.

Siberia
August 09, 2009, 07:47 PM
Australia is definitely a great place to visit at least once in a lifetime.
I wanna visit Queenstown in NZ since last time I only went to Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland n Rotorua.

Hong Kong is just awesome, the best place to go shopping !!

Thailand , Turkey and South Africa are good places to go!!!

Japan will be my next place to go, mainly visit my friends

Belisar
August 10, 2009, 09:24 AM
i want to go to japan because i'm a fan of their history and culture. i also would like to see their advanced technoligies.

the other country i want to go is kanada, because of it's wild nature.

misterchaos
August 16, 2009, 10:08 AM
i would like to go to japan , because of naruto and bleach , im amazed with their culture and language and i like to eat with chopstiks. lol

Komikiru
August 23, 2009, 08:25 AM
1) Japan for all the reasons mentioned earlier ;)
2) Venezuela, Bolivia, Argentina, Marocco and Mali for personal reasons :amuse
3) Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia because I've been told they're beautiful and interesting historically :eyeroll
4) Switzerland, because we're told nothing about it even if it's a border country :headscratch (not in the European Union :neutral)

Yeah I know, I'll never get enough money to do all that :sweat
But dreaming is free :tem

GEshode
August 24, 2009, 03:32 PM
Obviously Japan, but because I will go there next summer, I have to find a new one...

stelok
August 25, 2009, 06:08 AM
I wanna go to Antarctica, because it is the place where few people has gone before.

Dr.Robotnick
August 29, 2009, 10:34 AM
i am gonna to go Japan to study language and wright japanese and its de place where are the best technologi and there are a lot of otakus its cool and exiting!!!

Peculator
August 30, 2009, 07:03 PM

Japan: Anime, Manga and Gaming land. Learning the language as well.
Switzerland: Swiss Alps.
USA: No idea yet, I guess music and entertainment land.

WhatWhatinthebutt
August 31, 2009, 09:54 PM
Germany 'cuz I took German for 4 years in high school

Yuki_Judai
August 31, 2009, 10:31 PM
Germany 'cuz I took German for 4 years in high school

Well, i took it too in high school. ^^

thornofcarrion
September 03, 2009, 03:05 AM
South Africa, I want to see the wild safari.

Agrias
September 04, 2009, 09:13 AM
Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland <3

~Brianma~
September 30, 2009, 06:45 AM
I wanna go to Japan and work there if possible.....But I heard the living standard is horrible...

BTW The culture in japan is unique.

pirateninjahunter
September 30, 2009, 11:22 AM
Japan!
Because I like video games and manga.

Erimia
September 30, 2009, 01:25 PM
Would love to go to Japan, all the sakura blooms are beautiful in the Spring! :love

Raki
October 16, 2009, 11:12 PM
Malaysia

Beautiful nature, nice and honest people, tasty food too :)

Thats according to a lot of people I know, who went there for tourism.

blai
May 04, 2010, 12:10 PM
Travelling somewhere?

Maybe you'll be visiting a neighbour country or travelling across the world?
Perhaps you'll end up having a weekend-trip or a two months trip over the summer?

I'm a huge fan of travelling and would like to share my experiences and advices with you and of course, in return I would like to hear if anybody has any advice or what others people favourite travel destinations are, maybe I might discover a new place or thing to try. I know there is a good mix of nationalities on here so would love some ideas, suggestions.

Discuss freely about your travelling plans, give tips to your fellow travellers and see the world! :vbunny

Also, feel free to hook up with a fellow MH'er on your travel!

Evil3ye
May 04, 2010, 01:00 PM
I'm from central Europe and could already visit like 15 different countries around here. Travelling is awesome, am planning to go abroud for a weekend this summer again, not sure where to go yet though. Never been to Paris.. or Rom in Italy would be nice as well. However this places are pretty expensive from what I've heard, so I gotta see..

blai
May 06, 2010, 06:54 AM
Yea, I'm from northern Europe but I could easily visit all of the European countries cheap. Travelling is the only thing I've planned to do when I get older. I'm never going to become stuck somewhere, I'm always going to travel. Travel within your work would be awesome.

Never been to Paris or Rome either but I'm not planning to visit any of them soon. I'm planning on going to Hungary again this summer and then we'll see. Probably Germany to stock up on alcohol and stuff and most likely visiting Münich this autumn to see Bayern play... Bundesliga is a great league after all. :-)

goldb
May 06, 2010, 09:20 AM
Yea, I'm from northern Europe but I could easily visit all of the European countries cheap. Travelling is the only thing I've planned to do when I get older. I'm never going to become stuck somewhere, I'm always going to travel. Travel within your work would be awesome.

Never been to Paris or Rome either but I'm not planning to visit any of them soon. I'm planning on going to Hungary again this summer and then we'll see. Probably Germany to stock up on alcohol and stuff and most likely visiting Münich this autumn to see Bayern play... Bundesliga is a great league after all. :-)

I respectfully disagree, English Premier League RULES!!!

But yeah, being in the UK means I can sorta travel around Europe quite easily, though I haven't really taken advantage of it yet. I'm planning a really big few months trip around Europe sometime next year.

But my dream is to reach Japan and live there...

blai
May 06, 2010, 09:34 AM
You know, if you're ever passing by Sweden...
What countries are you planning to visit?

Oh, and Premier League is an awesome league but I really like Bundesliga because it's never one or two teams that are way superior and throughout the league they're playing really entertaining football.

goldb
May 06, 2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I'm planning on passing by Sweden, I hear the chicks are awesome over there, true stories or myth???

I don't kno exatcly what countries I'm gonna do, It'll probably end up beinga backpacking travel of a few days in each place like I did with brother in Poland. So I'll look for hostels or people to put me up. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few MHers along the way too. I need to plan a logical journey.

What about you Blai, outside Europe, where would you like to go??

blai
May 06, 2010, 10:10 AM
No myth. You can easily hook up with multiple chicks. On a good day close to 20. They're hot and easy.

Nice, pass Scandinavia first and then hit south through Denmark to Germany. And don't miss Hungary, it's an awesome country!

Outside of South Africa I'm not sure. I'd like to visit Peru, Philippines, Seychelles, Malaysia, Australia, Bahamas and then I'm pretty sure I'll live in NJ (USA) for a while after bachelor... we'll see. Travelling is expensive.

goldb
May 06, 2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah that's why I'm taking my time to save up, because I wanna do this properly. A friend of mine told me they have a family home in Bahamas should I ever wanna go up there :), so that's also a future destination. Like you said, I'd love a job that would allow me to travel around the world; that would be a dream.

On a more curious note, I heard Hungary(particularly Budapest) is a bit dangerous for people of colour, so that kinda worried me after I heard someone tell a story about an incident they witnessed. I know there's problems like that everywhere you go but, I just wanted to be aware.

blai
May 06, 2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah, a job that involved travelling would indeed be a dream.

I'm not so sure about Budapest, I'm always spending my time either in Balaton or Szeged and there aren't that many coloured people there and the only sign of racism (if we're going to talk about that) is against gypsies. The nationalistic paramilitary movement (Magyar Garda) is getting really big and has got quite the support so I don't think it's really... safe, but neither dangerous. If you'll visit Budapest I have to warn you from "pest" which is the poorer part of the capital.
Personally I don't think it's that dangerous for people of colour, however, gypsies should really try to avoid visiting Hungary for safety reasons...

If you visit Balaton, I can almost guarantee you 100% safety. Really friendly humanistic, liberal people who just wants to enjoy life. :-)

Evil3ye
May 06, 2010, 11:30 AM
Balaton is one of the most popular holiday destinations in whole east Europe. The people got to be liberal, since they're living from tourism. However I heard they're not nice to Russians, so I'd avaid speaking Russian at the check-in or something :d

I've been once in Munich, this city is just awesome. I'd love to live there, if only the people wouldn't speak that horrible bavarian dialect. I'm considering to go to Munich this autumn as well and get wasted at Oktoberfest (world's biggest folk festival). That would be awesome :nod

blai
May 06, 2010, 11:34 AM
Dude, since -56, I doubt any Hungarian likes Russians.. but yes, Balaton is one of the best places in eastern Europe. Going to our house there for some weeks this summer, can't wait. <333

1. Oktoberfest is something I would LOVE to go to.
2. Claim Bavaria as an independent nation o/
3. Münich seems awesome... were you old enough to enjoy nightlife?

Evil3ye
May 06, 2010, 12:01 PM
No matter what happend in the past, hating people for their nationality is just wrong..

No I wasn't, if I'm not mistaken I was 15 when I was in München. To go clubbing in there is quite expensive though, since it's like one of the most prestigious cities over here. And getting drunk at Oktoberfest would cost a lot of money as well, but if I ever make it to Munich at that season I probably wouldn't really care, cuz it's deff. on my what-I-totally-wanna-do-before-I-die list :D

goldb
May 06, 2010, 12:30 PM
So Balaton it is then!!! If I'm ever going Hungary I'll swing by there. I have a cousin that lives in Bochum in Germany but I've never been there. He tells me he spends most of his time in Munic anyways lol. Now I just need to figure out any other countries I'll be hitting and work out my backpacking route...

Moogle Mango
May 10, 2010, 05:32 AM
I am heading to St. John's in the Caribbean and then to Oregon a week after. Travel is the best thing in life, beside sex and manga... :D

I usually travel domestic and the next being international traveling. Last May I went to Italy, this year it is Oregon. So next year will be Spain or back to Italy.

For me, I find making a tentative list of what I want to see and do in a certain place is better than being anal with my travels. As I know that when I am actually out there, 9 out of 10 I will probably go off the beaten path and do something that I totally did not plan on doing. So I would suggest to fellow travelers to get an idea of what you want to see, and then take it from there.

p1xel
August 25, 2010, 11:46 AM
Japan,of course.
It`s heaven for players and manga readers.
Japan is special,the whole culture is amazing.I`d love to go there...
Maybe someday.

soDeq05
August 26, 2010, 03:55 AM
Malaysia

Beautiful nature, nice and honest people, tasty food too :)

Thats according to a lot of people I know, who went there for tourism.

Really? :amuse
That's nice. Hope to see you when you come here :)

sindergi
August 26, 2010, 04:35 AM
Japan - i study the language and culture at the university so its almost a given that i have to go there someday...and im really looking forward to it.

Isogi
August 27, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'd like to visit Turkey (read: Istanbul) for the history and the beautiful architecture.
I also have a mild fascination with Latin America and would like to visit one of the numerous countries, preferably Chile or Costa Rica. It's a mix of interest in the modern day forms of cultures that have been around since before Columbus along with the overall cultures and interest in Spanish colonial architecture (and at least in Chile's case, Inca architecture as well).

BBB Banana
August 27, 2010, 06:02 PM
I find the USA a pretty interesting country and I would like to live in there. I've been there once and liked a lot.

AbyssalShine
October 06, 2010, 08:20 PM
Japan, Japan, Japan!!! Definitely going there some day... love everything about it...
Also, not a country but, I really want to go to California. I've been there before, but never on my own so I could do what I want. I want to see all the stars that I admire (especially Marie Digby from LA)..

MaxDavid
October 09, 2010, 10:51 AM
Japan! I wold love to work and live there but... the living standard is really high.

Another country is Italy. I really like the design of its buildings.

TheMoa
October 09, 2010, 11:17 AM
As a basketball fan, i would like to visit the USA to watch a NBA Playoff and a NCAA march madness game at least once.
I'd also like to visit China and Japan for cultural purposes.
Swiss alps look cool too, one trip there would be fun.
And more importantly, i want to know my country(it's a huge country) better, but i lack the financial resources.

natli
October 09, 2010, 12:02 PM
I've been to Finland and fell in love with this 'scandinavian lifestyle':
- why build a parking lot if you can have a park?
- let's all trust eachother to make life easier
- let's make healthy lifestyle national religion
- filthy rich means 'modest, practical, comfortable design'

...though the food there is horribly expensive. I want to see Norway now, go up north, see the tundra and fjords *.*

Rikudou Sennin
October 10, 2010, 10:52 AM
Japan....because the country itself ...the nature...are so beautiful that you cant even discribe it.

And some Citys like Tokio, Osaka and Kyoto are totally interesting.

I also love to travel to the US...because America is just amazing.. there are so many beautiful places...I just love it. Canada is nice too.

And New Zealand because since watching Lord of the Rings...I started to love that country too.

Nobody wants to visit good ol' germany??:D

Jorge D. Dragon
October 18, 2010, 02:32 PM
I'm fond of travelling, so it would be great to visit some new countries. It would be great to visit Australia and New Zeland in one trip, Portugal, Japan, China and Mexico.

It would be also great to come back to Spain to live. It's like my second home country:)

Charlie
November 08, 2010, 11:46 PM
I would like to visit Hawaii or Rome. Perhaps Korea would be nice as well.
Hawaii being an ideal travel or vacation location and Rome because of the old arts and buildings to see.

This threads been opened again. So, start posting here again.

M3J
November 09, 2010, 12:48 AM
I wanna visit Rome and Greek and most old/ancient places like Babylon (if that's possible). I also wanna go to Japan and see if they really have toilets that wash your ass, as shown in The Simpsons.

Imperium
November 09, 2010, 02:11 AM
Hmm, if i there was anywhere i would like to visit it would easily be South America. Its a continent that i have yet to visit and a culture i have yet to see and experience. So that currently tops my list. After that, it would probably be India, the far east and south-east asia. For pretty similar reasons.

Channy
December 17, 2010, 09:42 PM
After i Graduated i crossed the Atlantic for the first time a 10 hour plane flight from Seattle,WA to Frankfurt, Germany i went there with my German class from high school. after we arrived we took a bus ride to Halle(Salle) where i was going to go to school for two weeks and those two weeks were awesome i went to school and partied at the park in Halle(Salle). While i was in Halle(Salle) i also visited Berlin, Leipzig, Potsdam, and Nuremberg. After i left Halle(Salle) i traveled around Germany and i visited Dresden, Munich, Zurich,Switzerland, Dachau Concentration Camp, Bonn, and St. Goar. i had an amazing time for it being my first time out of the country, i made so many friends that i can wait to see again. it was an experience of a life time

Heres some pics from my travels

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/demonhunter42/100_0155.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/demonhunter42/100_0188.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/demonhunter42/100_0357.jpg

steelwingcrash1
January 17, 2011, 08:36 AM
My girlfriend is leaving the country to teach in Thailand. Of course I'm going with her. Can't wait for my very first travel outside the country.

Queenofmuffins
January 27, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm off again in 2 weeks. Last year I did Japan and roughly 10 countries in South East Asia by myself, got back home in September. :3
This time I'm off to the Phils to do a divemaster course for the next couple of months... Then I'm off to explore some places I missed last time; like Laos, Myanmar, and India.

India, while scary for a girl on her own, sounds so exciting I'm actually thinking of spending three months or so there...I'll appreciate any tips! :s

steelwingcrash1
January 29, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm off again in 2 weeks. Last year I did Japan and roughly 10 countries in South East Asia by myself, got back home in September. :3
This time I'm off to the Phils to do a divemaster course for the next couple of months... Then I'm off to explore some places I missed last time; like Laos, Myanmar, and India.

India, while scary for a girl on her own, sounds so exciting I'm actually thinking of spending three months or so there...I'll appreciate any tips! :s

How come you get to travel that much? Good for you, and envy for me. :D

You'll visit the Philippines? Where are you headed specifically?

Queenofmuffins
January 30, 2011, 12:45 PM
How come you get to travel that much? Good for you, and envy for me. :D

You'll visit the Philippines? Where are you headed specifically?

I work hard when I'm back home and save every cent. :amuse
At the moment I work till 2am 3 times a week, and do overnight shifts (usually till 6am) twice a week. All up about 40+ hours. Plus, I'm a very budget traveller. I only stay in hostels, usually the cheaper the better (Never above AUD $10 is my rule!) and only eat street food and travel on the public transport instead of tours. I've had a lot of interesting expierences that way. :tem

I usually also buy my flights during the sales, (I love Air Asia!) so for example, my flight from Vietnam to Malaysia was only $20 USD. :3

I'm off to Boracay to do a divemaster internship mainly, but my best friend if Filo so she's convinced me to travel around for a few weeks first. XD
I know she's planning on us to go to "Bacolod, Davao, Manila, Cebu" and some other places... Bohol, I think?

steelwingcrash1
January 31, 2011, 08:24 AM
Even if I am the Filipino one here, I have never went to any of what you mentioned except Manila (because I live here in Manila). And yet here you are, going to different places in our country. :wtf

My work can never let me leave my place. As I said, good for you and envy for me. :tem

k-dom
March 29, 2011, 02:51 PM
I wanna visit Rome and Greek and most old/ancient places like Babylon (if that's possible). I also wanna go to Japan and see if they really have toilets that wash your ass, as shown in The Simpsons.

I'm afraid babylon is not really a good place to visit at the moment.
Concerning Japan they really do have such toilets. It's even quite common. What is funny is that in the same time there have also a lot of traditional toilets much less famous and glamour
http://a21.idata.over-blog.com/230x306/0/42/08/19/monsieurchat/TJap/230px-JapaneseSquatToilet.jpg

So I guess it says I've been to Japan. In Asia I also went to Cambodia and Indonesia. Those are also very nice countries worth visiting. Now I guess I should discover more the country near from me in Europe like Italy, Portugal or maybe some of East europa. I would also liked to go one day in Africa.

Zeltrax
April 02, 2011, 08:00 PM
1. Japan
2. Japan
3. I'll go there again.. :eyeroll
4. Ok, now.. I want to go to USA, anywhere is fine.
5. Italy and then Venice, the city of water :D!!
6. Australia and maybe Sydney
7. The entire world.

Yep, my dream is to travel the world before I die, it's crazy and impossible without a huge sum of money but its kindda my dream.

That's why I need to study as hell :tem

goldb
April 12, 2011, 12:39 PM
Anywhere really, I wanna see the world and experience different cultures and such. But always top of my list is Japan. After having seen Muffin-chan's pics on here, I also wanna go to Bali. Also the US eventually but I'm in no hurry to go there. But really, I wanna go everywhere!!!

k-dom
April 12, 2011, 02:07 PM
A German collegue of mine didn't know of the Reunion island. That's one of our well guarded French secret paradise. I definitivly want to go there once

mikkih
May 03, 2011, 11:59 AM
I have been to: US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Carabbeans, Japan, (South) China, Singapore, Malaysia, Germany, Holland, (South) France, Italy (Sardinia), Kenya, Uganda, Malaui, Zimbabwe, and South Africa.

This summer, I plan to be in Japan for a month, but need a location for next spring. Can anyone tell me about Thailand (as a family vacation resort)? Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated as well. thx. :)

I'm also considering Bali. (Thanks for reminding me, golbd.)

goldb
May 03, 2011, 12:17 PM
:jawdrop you're like my brother! he travels everywhere! I kinda envy that :s, I need to start travelling more, especially Europe since I don't need a visa or anything for that.

k-dom
May 03, 2011, 02:48 PM
Bali is a bit too touristic for me and it's not if it was the only island worth to visit in indonesia. Lomboc next to Bali was much more calm and as nice except if you want to party every night of course

mikkih
May 03, 2011, 04:34 PM
goldb, you just came back from London, right? I envy you being in Europe. Traveling sounds so much easier.

k-dom, the reason why Thailand is on my lite is that I hear that I can ride on an elephant :) I don't drink much or practically any, so if I were to party, I just need to drink some coconut juice or something. I am not a party type. I don't know much about Lomboc, but I'll take a look online for more info. Thanks!

goldb, on the other hand, would go out doing Karaoke and party all night. :D

goldb
May 03, 2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah but I'm originally FROM London, so I went back to visit family. I've been in Birmingham the last 4 years for uni. And yes, travelling around Europe is easier than America or any other continent but for me right now it's not very feasable, I got too much on my plate; gotta get that full time work so I can start travelling.

I don't party much neither and I've only done karaoke once when I was drunk; but imo that's the best and only time to karaoke

mikkih
May 03, 2011, 07:51 PM
I avoided Karaoke in my entire life, so I can't blame you for trying only once lol (I agree with you. Seriously, you need to be quite drunk to try it imo.) So you have a British accent then. I didn't expect that :amuse So, what's Birmingham like?

M3J
May 03, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm afraid babylon is not really a good place to visit at the moment.
Concerning Japan they really do have such toilets. It's even quite common. What is funny is that in the same time there have also a lot of traditional toilets much less famous and glamour
http://a21.idata.over-blog.com/230x306/0/42/08/19/monsieurchat/TJap/230px-JapaneseSquatToilet.jpg

So I guess it says I've been to Japan. In Asia I also went to Cambodia and Indonesia. Those are also very nice countries worth visiting. Now I guess I should discover more the country near from me in Europe like Italy, Portugal or maybe some of East europa. I would also liked to go one day in Africa.

Pooping does not look comfortable. :|

Oh, and I've been to India, Canada, Las Vegas, Chicago, Maryland, Florida, Paris (plane stopped thar), some New York, Niagara Falls, and CN Tower. \o/

I hate India.

blai
May 04, 2011, 06:13 AM
Countries I've been to;

England, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Macedonia, France, Lithuania, South Africa, Czech Republic and Lesotho.

Countries I'm planning to visit (may have already visited them before);

France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Ireland, States, South Korea & South Africa

No, I don't afford to visit all of those countries but I will in a near future, just you wait and see :shakefist

k-dom
May 04, 2011, 11:16 AM
@mikkih
Riding an elephant is an intriguing experience indeed but I guess you can do it everywhere in south east asia so don't focus on Thaïland just for that. Also I guess it's a country worth visiting

Oh, and I've been to India, Canada, Las Vegas, Chicago, Maryland, Florida, Paris (plane stopped thar), some New York, Niagara Falls, and CN Tower. \o/

The airports are awfully far from Paris it doesn't count :-)

Last week I spent three days visiting Lüneburg in Germany and I saw a stork on the roof of a house. I think I never imagined I would see such a cliche image one day. And that simple fact pleased me quite a lot

mikkih
May 04, 2011, 11:27 AM
Also I guess it's a country worth visiting Yes, k-dom. Thailand seems to be a very interesting place to visit, AND I want to ride on an elephant :D.

goldb
May 05, 2011, 02:31 AM
I avoided Karaoke in my entire life, so I can't blame you for trying only once lol (I agree with you. Seriously, you need to be quite drunk to try it imo.) So you have a British accent then. I didn't expect that :amuse So, what's Birmingham like?

Yep a British accent with a hint of african apparently :tem, which is what everyone tells me. Birmingham is okay if you mind the slow pace, there's quite a bit to do, shopping here is really good; shops are huge and prices are quite good compared to London and the night life is good too....depending on where you go. A lot of people who've lived in London find Birmingham slow and depressing :s, but I'v always been kind of an old soul so the slow pace suits me just fine.

mikkih
May 05, 2011, 10:02 AM
Yep a British accent with a hint of african apparently :tem, which is what everyone tells me. What you mean by african is not like Afrikaans, the soft sounding language, right? I won't be able to imagine the softness combined with the British (kinda hard sounding...) accent altogether.:blink Anyway, most places would be slower than London for sure. I used to live in Manhattan, so I know what you mean. I like slower-paced relaxed atmosphere better

goldb
May 05, 2011, 06:52 PM
I'm congolese but I've been living in UK for the last 12 years but apparently I still have a hint of my accent :-_-. How long were you in Manhattan for? seems like a nice place, from what I see in TV and stuff.

mikkih
May 06, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'm congolese but I've been living in UK for the last 12 years but apparently I still have a hint of my accent :-_-. How long were you in Manhattan for? seems like a nice place, from what I see in TV and stuff.
I'm not going to start answering that question. How long have I lived in Japan, different cities in California, New York, Florida and the place where I live now? lol You can add up and get my exact age lol :D

k-dom
May 06, 2011, 04:39 PM

Brazzaville Congo or Zaire ? My brother in law is currently working in Pointe Noire. My sister will probably visit him for summer but I'm not sure to accompany them. It's not the best of Africa there

goldb
May 06, 2011, 05:19 PM
Brazzaville Congo or Zaire ? My brother in law is currently working in Pointe Noire. My sister will probably visit him for summer but I'm not sure to accompany them. It's not the best of Africa there

Congo-Kinshasa(DR Congo, formerly Zaire). Ah Pointe Noire is in Brazzaville if I remember correctly. It should be okay but don't take my word for it, I dunno the situation over there. Even my country has calmed down now in terms of civil wars and protests and stuff but I wouldn't really recomment it. Heck, I've never been back once in the 12 years since I left :sweatdrop

mattiaildivino
July 08, 2011, 03:24 PM
as the title says,this thread has the aim to talk about where people go on holiday.
I start: 23/7 I'm going to Sharm-El-Sheik. first time to me,I've already been in Asia and America (and in Europe,obviously). this time I'll be in Africa as well.

mikkih
November 14, 2011, 11:59 PM
Has anyone visited Costa Rica? What would be must-see and do's?

himitsu87
November 21, 2011, 10:48 PM
Countries I'd been to:

Italy, Belgium, USA, UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Oman, Bahrain, UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Netherlands, && Saudi Arabia.

Zeltrax
November 22, 2011, 05:59 AM
How do you feel about singapore?

k-dom
November 22, 2011, 02:41 PM
I have a friend who works in SIngapore so I hope to go there once at least :-)

Crude
November 24, 2011, 08:30 AM
Portugal is a real nice place to visit. I live in the Algarve which is the southernmost region of the country and also the one which most tourist visits. There are plenty of beaches and nice towns and a lot of places to golf as well (especially in Vilamoura, a very green town where I used to live). Unfortunately I think that the Algarve, as well as a lot of places in Portugal, have not been developed properly. This place could be like the French and Italian Rivieras but it seems like nobody has a clue in how developing it. There are plenty of other beautiful places to visit, such as Sintra, a very beautiful place in the mountains which is full of palaces and manors. The major cities of Lisbon and Porto are also pretty great.

Scotland is also a very beautiful place to visit. It's so green and pleasant. The town where my grandfather lives is pretty small, but so picturesque. Like in the rest of Britain, there are plenty of castles and stately homes open to the public, a lot of them featuring gorgeous architecture and gardens. The capital Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities I've visited, and Glasgow's pretty nice too.

Now that I'm done plugging my countries, I'd also recommend going to Spain. Seeing as I don't live too far from the country, I tend to go there a lot on holidays. Costa del Sola is perfect for the summer, Andalusia has such a rich culture, the north of Spain has some incredible landscapes and Barcelona is like one of the best cities ever (so beautiful!). I've also been to the US (Florida), France, Germany, England, the Nederlands as well as Switzerland. Florida was awesome, though I don't remember much seeing as I was like 7 years old at the time. I've only really seen Paris in France, and even then not so much due to there being riots at the time. There are so many places I want to go to in France, so many great sights to see. I'm dying to see the rest of Germany as I only spent time in Freiburg im Breisgau, a real pleasant city to visit. My time in Switzerland consisted mostly of driving around, seeing the incredible landscapes outside the car windows. Same with the Nederlands.

Oh, and I've also been to Andorra, which is a pretty great place to do some snowboarding!

Dancing wind
December 23, 2011, 11:23 AM
After planning and saving for quite a while, I'll be going to New York in February. I hope I get my visa :worrybunny

EMS
January 07, 2013, 06:49 PM
i'm planning to go to mexico in July and then go to Europe ..

goldb
April 09, 2013, 04:47 AM
i'm planning to go to mexico in July and then go to Europe ..

Anywhere in particular you plan on going to in Europe? It's a big place...

carlosgmsousa
April 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
I was born in Venezuela to portuguese parents. At age 4 I moved to Portugal and have been living there ever since. I've visited Spain, the UK and Ireland. My dream is to visit Japan someday. I would also love to visit the USA, Australia and French Polynesia!

goldb
April 16, 2013, 11:57 AM
I was born in Venezuela to portuguese parents. At age 4 I moved to Portugal and have been living there ever since. I've visited Spain, the UK and Ireland. My dream is to visit Japan someday. I would also love to visit the USA, Australia and French Polynesia!

We've got similar countries of interests carlos. Where in Ireland and UK have you visited? and have you been back to Venezuela since you were born?

carlosgmsousa
April 17, 2013, 10:52 PM
We've got similar countries of interests carlos. Where in Ireland and UK have you visited? and have you been back to Venezuela since you were born?

I went back to Venezuela on a holliday trip 17 years ago! So that's a long time! I still have family there but unfortunately I never got back since that trip. But the family still visits Portugal every year. In the UK I've visited mainly the south cities of Brighton and London. In Ireland mainly the west coast and the north, Dublin, Drogheda, Navan, Kells, Dundalk, Portadown, Belfast and Antrim.

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Congo-Kinshasa(DR Congo, formerly Zaire). Ah Pointe Noire is in Brazzaville if I remember correctly. It should be okay but don't take my word for it, I dunno the situation over there. Even my country has calmed down now in terms of civil wars and protests and stuff but I wouldn't really recomment it. Heck, I've never been back once in the 12 years since I left :sweatdrop

How long have you lived there? And do you know any native congolese language? I've never been to Africa...

goldb
April 18, 2013, 04:50 AM
I went back to Venezuela on a holiday trip 17 years ago! So that's a long time! I still have family there but unfortunately I never got back since that trip. But the family still visits Portugal every year. In the UK I've visited mainly the south cities of Brighton and London. In Ireland mainly the west coast and the north, Dublin, Drogheda, Navan, Kells, Dundalk, Portadown, Belfast and Antrim.

17 years? Woah that's a long time. I was only in Dublin for a few days but it was a brilliant city, I found. Yes, it wasn't cheap but the people were real friendly and the surroundings and weather just made it lovely. We visited most of the typical places; the Guiness storehouse, Phoenix park, Viking museum, wax museum, and a few others. We bought this 2 day ticket for attractions entry and transport as we landed at the airport. It's something I'd recommend if you are planning to see a lot of things in a short amount of time, as we did and turns out we saved a bit of money on it.

How did you like these cities in Ireland? The only other place I know to visit is Cork; I've a family friend that lives there and has invited me next time I'm around the country.

I've never been Brighton myself, a few school friends of mine moved there for uni from London and they've told me it's a nice city; quite student orientated.

How long have you lived there? And do you know any native congolese language? I've never been to Africa...

In Congo? since my birth til about '99 then I've been in the UK ever since. I know my native congolese language, yes. Would you like to travel to the continent one day?

carlosgmsousa
April 18, 2013, 08:54 AM
In Congo? since my birth til about '99 then I've been in the UK ever since. I know my native congolese language, yes. Would you like to travel to the continent one day?

And what language is that? Lingala? Kikongo? I am a bit of a philologist... I like the study of comparative languages. I mainly concern myself with the Indo-European family (because of my background in Archaelogy) but I like other language families too, like the Bantu family. But I guess I'm going off topic here...

goldb
April 19, 2013, 05:35 PM
I've answered your post in the language thread. Tell me Carlos, are there any particular cities you want to visit in US and Japan?

Iceiphoenix
May 04, 2013, 12:10 AM
Let's see... So far, I've been to places along the east coast of Australia (eg. Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast), and I would like to go to the west of Australia one day. :D
As for places abroad, I often go to China for holidays and to visit my relatives. Usually, I go to Shanghai, Hong Kong and Macau... I would like to visit Beijing, Chongqing and Hainan one day. Beijing for the historical sites (Great Wall, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, etc), Chongqing for the spicy food, and Hainan for the tropical resort experience. :XD
Other than China, I've been to Toronto, Canada, to visit my uncle. I don't really remember much, since I was only a kid, but I do remember going to see Niagara Falls.
Recently, I went to Korea, specifically Seoul, the 3rd tunnel in the DMZ, and Jeju Island. It was winter when I went, so it was my first time enjoying the snow! :D (Actually, I've been to the snow when I was 3 or 4, but I didn't enjoy it, cried and stayed in the car. :oh So yeah, that doesn't count. :3c) I went with a tour group, so most of the places we went to were for tourists and duty free shopping centres. We mainly shopped in Seoul, but I felt as if I didn't really experience much of the culture. All the places that we went to for meals were specifically for catering tourists... Well, at least we managed to go have a Korean bbq. :zomg Anyway, at the DMZ, we went down the tunnel and also went to the viewing platform. I actually managed to see a North Korean soldier through the binoculars. As for Jeju Island, we went shopping, up one of the mountains and went to a spa. :XD

Oh, and for places I would like to go visit in the future, they would have to be Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and the US. :D There are other countries too, but those are the main ones I would like to visit.

Aaannnnddddd that concludes my rant. :bye

k-dom
May 04, 2013, 12:45 AM
So you haven't been to uluru and the coral rief ? It's funny those two are the big journey I made in Australia because I thought they were must see.

Also for big cities, there is an association called greeters. A volunteer makes you visit the area he lives or one he likes for free. It's really an original way to discover a city andyou generally make a nice encounter.

Iceiphoenix
May 04, 2013, 01:07 AM
Hahaha, I kind of fail as an Australian. :lmao Though honestly, I don't really have much of an interest in Uluru. In the past, tourists were allowed to climb up Uluru, but I'm pretty sure that they've stopped those climbs due to erosion or something. However, I do want to go to the Great Barrier Reef in the near future. I've heard from a friend that it's not as beautiful as it used to be, so it's best to go see it before it's too late. :s

Ooooh, nice!! Thanks for the info! :D It would be awesome to see where the locals love to go and experience the culture. :XD Have you ever volunteered or have been shown around by one?

k-dom
May 04, 2013, 02:21 AM
At the time I visited it was still allowed but I didn't do it because aboriginals prefered us not to and I wanted to respect their wishes. Instead I made a guided tour arround the rock and I didn't regret my choice. The sunset is also quite a funny experience. You see hundredth of people taking a picture every 2s :-)) but i must say it makes some really beautiful photos in the end.

For the greeters, a friend of mine and myself volunteer in Paris. She has done some in germany and I will meet soon a nice couple in Vancouver which I encounter thanks to the association.

David Rose
May 08, 2013, 01:31 PM
When I was still in school, my class made a study trip to Scotland. While normally this is about visiting museums and such we got to wander along the whisky trail. Our teacher back then was pretty cool.
In my opinion it's a fascinating place in gerenal, espcially the landly parts and the people there were very heartwarming and friendly. From a german's perspective i can also recommend the beer there and you ought to visit a destillery, just for the free probes at the end (it's still interesting enough, trust me). :D

If you ever have the opportunity to get there, visit the Walkers factory sale and buy loads of these: http://www.walkersshortbread.com/OnlineShop/productimages/110-115w.jpg

And never ask a real Scotsman if he's naked under his kilt. Unless of course you really want to find out (we did). And try Haggis, it wasn't that bad for me. :P

nyamonyamo
June 06, 2013, 11:58 AM
I've been to India specifically Bangalore. Its a nice place to visit if you want to buy beautiful fabric/cloth/silk for very cheap price. Its also 100 times better than all the major cities in India you won't see squatters or millions of people in small space. They got beautiful gardens and grass/greenery even though they exist but pretty rare and usually fenced. You can see huge cows almost everywhere in the city. The police there wear cowboys hat. Entering a shopping mall is like going into airports, they screen you and check your bags for explosive. Mode of transportation around the city is auto-rickshaw a 3 wheeler bike. its fun when the weather is cold and nice but hell if its hot and dusty. And they will always try to cheat you ;) just be firm and ask for meter. Only eat in a proper establishment never road side and even then you still have to worry about food poisoning. Leather attire are cheap, high in quality and very nice.