PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Brooke's Ability

skullshuriken734
May 05, 2010, 03:23 AM
Is it perhaps possible that brooks ability is greater than we've seen or he even knows about. perhaps bringing OTHERS back from the dead or even summon spirits (kinda like perona yes but i wasnt thinking ghosts persay)

ScratchmenApoo
May 05, 2010, 06:39 AM
No, because he directly said that his fruit only allows the user to come back once after death, after that it's just a curse of not being able to swim.
Because of the skeleton-only body, he is a lot lighter now, so that's a bonus I guess.

BetaRuler
May 05, 2010, 01:00 PM
One question that always bugs me, is can he only be revived ONCE? Or could he be theoretically revived time and time again (if he had the will to keep returning to the living)?

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 05, 2010, 02:04 PM
One question that always bugs me, is can he only be revived ONCE? Or could he be theoretically revived time and time again (if he had the will to keep returning to the living)?

its a clear statement that actually what brook gained is the ability to not swim , besides its mentiond that he has only a second chance to live he basically cant revive himself again let alone others .

Bugzee
May 05, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well, besides the Yomi Yomi no Mi, Brook still has some really good skills/techniques. I can't wait to see more of his musical-based attacks and also you just gotta love the fact that he can run on water...:D

I would like to think that Brook has gained another strength from eating the Yomi fruit but it's difficult to imagine what exactly lol!?

I'm dying to see Brook's reaction once he lands on Mermaid Island!

Doomchen
May 05, 2010, 03:36 PM
I'd say it would be hard for him to get shot or something like that because he's just dead bones, so might be some advantages from not having a body and vital organs but I doubt that he would revive a second time.

Poneglyph420
May 05, 2010, 03:59 PM
Brook's ability.. well isn't that his healing ability with just a glass of Milk...
and panties....

OQO
May 05, 2010, 04:19 PM
Revive himself a second time? Can Brooke actually die again?? I thought he was quite immortal at this point... even if he goes under water, what can happen to him? He is a skeleton! (to be honest, I didn't read that part of the manga very well :darn excuse me!)

Darek Khort
May 07, 2010, 06:46 AM
Well, given that Brooke's 'soul' returned to his body which had already become a skeleton...if he were to die again, you would think that his soul would return to his skeleton just as before.

However when you think about it...how would Brooke die as a skeleton? I assume when he becomes completely obliterated and the bones turn to ash. In that case, he can't revive himself again unless he managed to get his soul to latch onto the millions of ash particles that he has become after dying.

Thus, I don't think he can revive himself, simply because when he dies as a skeleton, there is nothing solid and whole (in one, single piece) that his soul can latch onto.

skullshuriken734
May 07, 2010, 12:44 PM
i wonder if he could ever do an out of body soul walk
it would leave him vulnerable but it might save the strawhats one day

BetaRuler
May 07, 2010, 05:20 PM
Skullshuriken - You mean like Astral projection XD that would be interesting.
PLUS it would make adding Perona to the straw hats useless, you know how ppl say her ghosts could make great scouts, if Brooke is doing astral projection then she'd be useless! haha

Plus,,, if your right and Brooke can't die now, that'd be semi-awesum, so who wants to make bets on how long it is until he gets a black cloak and a scythe?

(I dont think the girls will like a Brooke as Death however XD
"aaah its death!" "ah, excuse me miss, can i see your panties?")

chess4
May 13, 2010, 04:29 PM
brook has a great skill set to build from. he can jump super high and he can run across water. his death slash is great. if he can strenghen himself he will be a force. i think in the end he will be as strong as vista

poopoomaru
May 21, 2010, 09:32 PM
I think the best use of Brooke's power would be to become incredibly fast since he is so light weight.

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 22, 2010, 08:29 AM
I think the best use of Brooke's power would be to become incredibly fast since he is so light weight.

his light weight is actually a disadvantage since i learned that kizaru said speed is weight .

poopoomaru
May 22, 2010, 02:15 PM
his light weight is actually a disadvantage since i learned that kizary said speed is weight .

I think the whole point is that less weight is more speed, since he is light and thus doesn't have any weight at all (why he can ride on a cannonball), thus he is the fastest.

hot_chips
May 23, 2010, 07:27 AM
I think the whole point is that less weight is more speed, since he is light and thus doesn't have any weight at all (why he can ride on a cannonball), thus he is the fastest.

From a physics perspective, Kizaru would be much faster than Brooke.
And Kizaru still maintains the same weight, even when he is "light" otherwise all his attacks would be useless if he's weightless.

Kaiten
May 24, 2010, 09:35 PM
Mass (more precisely mass-energy) is the concept that measure of the mass of a body is the energy generated. Since motion (speed) generates energy, the motion of a body is part of it's weight. To build a plane the speed it flies is as much a factor in keeping it airborne as stationary weight. Considering Kizaru's ability is light throwing some Einstein in was a nice touch :)

chess4
May 24, 2010, 11:42 PM
when brook puts it together, he will be a terror. he can jump high, he can run on water, and the humming techinique of his is one of the best i have seen in the series so far. he is like a ninja, silent and deadly

Lord Rayleigh
May 25, 2010, 09:20 AM
Brook is said to be the original founder of Liquid Mountaineering (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3St1GgoHQ=) :)

Uriel
May 25, 2010, 07:02 PM
his light weight is actually a disadvantage since i learned that kizaru said speed is weight .
Only if you can move at the speed of light. Basics physics: e=m.c2
So the more mass at the bigger speed the more energy you will get. However object must be able to sustain the speed in order to increase the energy. In which case, to go faster you need to be lighter. Excess of speed or mass without being able to control means failure.

xboxrox
May 31, 2010, 11:15 PM
brookes is a musician, so he fights through music. probably he's writing new music to fight, since now we've only seen him putting enemies asleep. his devil fruit power is not yet awaken. i'm thinking either he can reborn many times, or pull dead people back alive...

Bugzee
June 04, 2010, 02:01 AM
Brook is said to be the original founder of Liquid Mountaineering (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe3St1GgoHQ=) :)

Nice find. I'm definitely going to try that. :XD

“Writing new music to fight” I like the sound of that. :smile-big

I hope he improves endurance-wise since he seems to fall short most of the time during a fight/combat. I can’t see how the Yomi Yomi no Mi can bring back people from the dead. That’s just crazy talk. I could’ve sworn that there was a chapter where Brook stated that the Yomi Yomi no Mi grants the user the ability to come back to life only once.

If he could revive others and “bring them back to life”, why didn’t he do so onboard the Rumbar Pirates ship? There were plenty of corpses to work on. It would be cool if the Yomi fruit had some kind of hidden ability yet to be “awakened” or revealed but I highly doubt that it would be the power to bring others back to life.

Maybe, Brook will learn how to play a new instrument? and use it in combat as well?

Lord Rayleigh
June 04, 2010, 06:07 AM
Nice find. I'm definitely going to try that. :XD
You would only damage your shoes. :p It's an advertising for Hi-Tec since they all wear their stuff.

skullshuriken734
June 07, 2010, 01:58 AM
hey just had a random epiphany
doesnt brooke remind you of Orpheus the Musician of the Argo in Greek Mythology
as i remember he was the musician of the Argo who traveled to Hades (the underworld) to save his beloved but failed and returned to the earth to join the Argonauts
I know its not exactly the same as brooke but it is kinda reminiscent of him i beieve
not sure how it relates to brookes powers but i wanted to throw it out there and see where it goes and grows like perhaps he learns to speak with the dead (have his spirit leave his body and seek council from oh say WB or ace or his old crew or better yet GOL D ROGER)

Dasbones
June 07, 2010, 08:46 PM
I think Brook will learn how to play music similar to Scratchman-appoo (assuming those thieves on the island he is on currently have similar abilities to Scratchman, since they have similar body structure).

But other than that, does Brook experience fatigue from fighting? Since... he doesn't have muscles or anything to tire himself out.

BetaRuler
June 09, 2010, 01:20 PM
Well he tired himself out running on water when they fought Duval, so Id guess that yes, he does experience fatigue.

masubiladin
August 17, 2010, 03:05 PM
Well he did not die second the second time... so nobody know it yet. And also if he were to fell into the sea... he will just weaker but wont die...cuz you see...he has no heart and lunges...yohohohohoho

kkck
August 17, 2010, 03:16 PM
I think it was said brook can only revive once with his fruit.

roxas_strife2
August 17, 2010, 04:31 PM
Am I the only one who ever wondered what it would be like if Brooke's DF ability were used in tangent with Bonny's age manipulation powers?

Cizuz
August 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
The thing is though just to mention, brook stated thats what the fruit does, how does he know that? I know aparently a book exists with all devil fruits listed and what they do(Which means the fruits exists in the past and when you die they must regrow), but how does anyone know the full extents to the fruit? Brook might be able to trigger it later on. Probably not but oh well :P

PabloStudioZ
August 17, 2010, 04:49 PM
Brook ate the Yomi Yomi no Mi. The fruit allows the user to come back to life for a second time. Though his soul wasn't able to find his body in time before it decomposed completely to a skeleton, he gained some advantages that would otherwise be impossible to do without being a skeleton supported by Devil Fruit powers. One advantage is that because he's just comprised of light weighted bones, he can use his speed and light weight to run across water, but, like all Devil Fruit users, he still can drown when submerged. With the aid of the Devil Fruit powers, he is also able to function like a regular human being, and retains all the strength he had when he still had actual muscle mass. He is able to do normal acts such as drink, eat, cry, digest, and even "poop" normally. He has also proven that calcium (such as in milk) will rapidly heal any damaged bones. Due to his light-weight skeleton body, he can leap great distances, jump very high and run fast, and can also store things in his skull cavity such as a Tone Dial.
:thumbs:thumbs

kkck
August 17, 2010, 04:55 PM
Am I the only one who ever wondered what it would be like if Brooke's DF ability were used in tangent with Bonny's age manipulation powers?

brooke would turn into a tiny skeleton lol.

roxas_strife2
August 17, 2010, 06:58 PM
brooke would turn into a tiny skeleton lol.

That's a hilarious image. xD

warriorofvirtue
August 17, 2010, 07:12 PM
also if he can't revive anymore does that mean he isn't a devil fruit user anymore and will not sink in the open sea? hmmmmmmmmmm

Naruffy
August 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
also if he can't revive anymore does that mean he isn't a devil fruit user anymore and will not sink in the open sea? hmmmmmmmmmm

He's still a devil fruit user; He sunk when the Straw Hats fought the Rosy Life Riders, or the Flying Fish Men.

warriorofvirtue
August 17, 2010, 09:36 PM
He's still a devil fruit user; He sunk when the Straw Hats fought the Rosy Life Riders, or the Flying Fish Men.

which would imply that he can still revive or do some other ability wouldn't it?

Bmuse
September 04, 2010, 06:42 AM
Wonder what will happen if Blackbeards touches him and simply deactivates his power. Will Brook just die?

Naruffy
September 04, 2010, 08:59 AM
which would imply that he can still revive or do some other ability wouldn't it?

No, Brooke ability granted him a second life, that's it. While the curse of not being able to swim remains, he is normal (not really but...) In the sense that he dosen't have any extra powers. He stated that himself, If he had anymore powers I'm sure we would've seen them.

cheddarpretzels
August 20, 2011, 05:13 PM
Yomi Yomi:
-only revive once
-can't revive others, wouldn't he have revived the rumbar pirates if the fruit could do so?
-astral projection, fishman island arc showed this
~can't control emotions like Perona's fruit
okay, can't think of anything else with the fruit. been thinking for at least 30 minutes.

Music Powers:
-"genjutsu"
-illusions
-hypnosis
~like Jango, his music can make people stronger, weaker, hallucinate, etc.

Bones Body:
-lightweight
-no actual organs
-healed by milk

Fencing Style:
-"silent killer"
-slash, poke, stab

My Crazy Theory/Hope:
If Brook ate another Devil Fruit, the Yomi fruit would stop him from dying and he would gain another ability. He can't really be destroyed since he is just bones. So even if his Yomi fruit doesn't save him from the supposed devils clashing, there really is nothing left to be destroyed. I only wish that this could happen because Brook is really underpowered in my opinion.

kulugo
August 21, 2011, 02:18 AM
thread anniversary?

well i hope to see more on brook's DF. i think Oda's hiding something really strong the fruit could do.

Tonix
August 22, 2011, 01:33 PM
I wonder if Brooke can possess things when he leaves his body. In theory, he could possess an enemies body if he put his soul into it. If he can, I hope Franky builds him a mech. :p

cheddarpretzels
October 19, 2011, 04:29 PM
Chapter 643 SO much stuff revealed!!!
He controls people through THEIR souls.
His body can't be destroyed, for the parts are all connected with his soul, not organs etc.
He can draw on the power where his soul is supposed to go, the underworld.
His new sword has the chills from the underworld, an Hypnotic Musical Ice Swordsman. omg.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
October 19, 2011, 06:51 PM
Spoiler alert!!!URIEL....@ Cheddarpretzels would u mind wrapping spoiler tags around ur quote for those who haven't had a chance to read the manga(48 hr rule and all).....but anyway yeah cool stuff from the dead guy this week

Thanks for the alert :P

kkck
October 21, 2011, 12:00 PM
Well, I do get that brook's soul emits a limitless amount of energy and that keeps him from dying but what good is his ability otherwise? His sword has a chill of sorts but if that really useful in battle? Unless he is able to manipulate that energy with a lot of freedom them it really makes no sense to have a cold sword. On the other hand it would be something in between haki and ki in other mangas if he has that much freedom with it. If what he is using is energy itself though, I wonder if it would work in replacement of haki though. Obviously it would not do the same same things haki does but it would not be strange if this energy on its own could affect fruit users.

THM Nindo
October 21, 2011, 09:48 PM
Well, he can manipulate the others' souls, with his music it seems.

And I'm also pretty certain that he would be able to go "inside" someone and take control of him...
A bit like Don Flamingo is doing.

I think that's probably his next "power-up".

khaja_200923
October 22, 2011, 03:35 AM
since his soul emits continious energy its similar to enegy realesed by oshizu chan(old ghost) in to-love-darkness.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/v03/c011/4.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/v03/c011/18.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/v03/c011/24.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/to_love_ru_darkness/v03/c011/27.html
so it wouldn't be a far cry to say that
1.brook can use psychic powers (e.g,moving objects without touching them).
2.he can posses people and ransack through their memories.
3.he can posses and control the body of weak willed people.
4.if he can bring the chills from neither world then maybe he can also bring hell's fire..

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

5.his most powerful technique would be to summon the water from river cocytus or convert any nearby water into that of river cocytus it will freeze any living being whoever the summoner thinks is sinister or enemy...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocytus
this would real awesome technique coz they would mostly be in ocean so he can easily freeze humongous no of enemy's by converting ocean water into cocytus and controlling it...
this will definitely send chills to the bone even to that of vice admiral class........yohohoho....

kkck
October 22, 2011, 11:28 AM
Well, my impression is that brook's power will revolve around freezing stuff. Ghostly things make sense but given the last chapter it seems like freezing things will have more battle applications than the ghostly things he can do. I would even think doing ghostly things in the middle of a battle would be a bit of a bad idea if his body is left behind. I also wonder how much his swordsmanship improved over the last few years. It must be quite superior to what it used to be otherwise even with freezing powers he won't be worth much in the new world.

cheddarpretzels
October 22, 2011, 04:50 PM
Oh sorry! Still new. lol.
Whether the power is actually powerful or not, it's still exciting for Brook to have a power other than poking.

Kyodai Senkan Mora
October 26, 2011, 12:39 PM
Well, I do get that brook's soul emits a limitless amount of energy and that keeps him from dying but what good is his ability otherwise? His sword has a chill of sorts but if that really useful in battle? Unless he is able to manipulate that energy with a lot of freedom them it really makes no sense to have a cold sword. On the other hand it would be something in between haki and ki in other mangas if he has that much freedom with it. If what he is using is energy itself though, I wonder if it would work in replacement of haki though. Obviously it would not do the same same things haki does but it would not be strange if this energy on its own could affect fruit users.

yeah...am also real curious as to whether wrapping his soul around his sword can mimic the effects of haki...it would be even more useful than the whole freezing thing