PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 585 Discussion / 586 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2 3

Akainu
May 12, 2010, 05:52 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler pics and summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60694) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks

The chapter is out, grab it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/585/) !

Also please remember to keep the discsussion here for the following 48 hours, i.e. until May 21, 2010 20:52 GMT

darklide
May 18, 2010, 05:30 AM
First time first post.

A wood DF? Yamato(from naruto) anyone?

Duc :D
May 18, 2010, 05:49 AM
yay mokuton DF, Dadan or a tenryobito

as I though sabo might join / become a slave of the celestial dragons, maybe sacrifices himself for ace's and Luffy's escape but hmm I don't think Ace would let that happen

monkey D luffy
May 18, 2010, 05:49 AM
erm what the hell? the tenryubito came for luffy sabo and ace? i wonder, this seems like the flashback is getting pretty good and it wont end now.

LoS
May 18, 2010, 05:53 AM
No the Spoiler says they came for children as slave trade.

Sabo winds up getting killed, and tells Ace that he must follow his dream of becoming a strong pirate.

It ends with the flashback ending, and Jinbei is talking to Luffy.

Luffy says Ace is dead, and Jinbei says Ace lives on, in your heart.

Cliche line from Jinbei, and with that the flashback ends in 3 chapters. Fast!!!

darklide
May 18, 2010, 06:01 AM
So the thing about mokuton DF was fake?

deffkryz
May 18, 2010, 06:15 AM
From the POV that I don't believe Oda would end the flashback that hasty I'd call the one with Sabo dying that quickly and Jinbei giving that cliche line to Luffy a fanfiction by someone that "is fed up with flashback and wants the story to go on".

If this is acutally a true chapter script the whole flashback would have been a complete waste.

BTW. You can't "join the Tenryuubito" - that's a status by bloodline since they are ancestors of the WG's founders from 400 years ago.

OunknownO
May 18, 2010, 06:16 AM
the spoiler is probably fake, to many info in one chapter

Shisu
May 18, 2010, 06:17 AM
Please no fake, I want to see a Mokuton DF. >_>

RuffyxNami
May 18, 2010, 06:17 AM
well, i hope the second one is real :P

the first spoiler seems fake...

deffkryz
May 18, 2010, 06:22 AM
well, i hope the second one is real :P

the first spoiler seems fake...

There is just one spoiler currently in the Spoiler thread: the first is text-only (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1915914&postcount=2), the second is a screenshot of the very same text (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1915916&postcount=3).

Oh and "both" texts haven't been showing up in APForums so they're most likely Fake.

monkey D luffy
May 18, 2010, 06:24 AM
so i completely misunderstood the damn google trans. figures

darklide
May 18, 2010, 06:24 AM
lol big fakes then

monkey D luffy
May 18, 2010, 06:26 AM
the spoiler is probably fake, to many info in one chapter

what do you think this is?! its one piece. if anything that is not enough info in the chapter. most chapters in one piece take me a good 15 minutes to read.

igosuki
May 18, 2010, 06:29 AM
It's all here. Ace Luffy and Sabo were equal friends . There was an incident with the Tenryuubito and Sabo died, upon his death Luffy and Ace learned what it was to lose someone, said that Sabo would live forever within them and that they would carry his dream too.
That's what will help Luffy accept Ace's death and carry on taking his will too.

Romanov D Paul
May 18, 2010, 06:31 AM
The spoiler are indeed the same, but until a proper translation comes out I doubt that we'll be able to catch something form it, google trans is more spoiled then ever about it, it's practicaly impossible to get some hint from it, or at least some meaningful ones. Given that, if the end really sounds like Jinbei talking to Luffy to ease his pain, then it's probably fake, I'm with the ones believing that this flashback is not ending so soon, I expect at least another week or so.

beastboy
May 18, 2010, 06:34 AM
Its FAKE, and if I'm wrong, it would be the second time (being the first that april's fool joke past year :@)!
To little Info, too many scenarious
I mean just Dadan does something, blue jam does other, tenryuu is looking for a child, Sabo Dies, Ace and Luffy are in a grave! WTF

Its like they're setting up and ending a arc in the same chapter, and so they rushed it out!
But its quite easy (for me) to see its a fake:
-Sabo dies, everybody has been thinking in that for years(ok, 3 weeks :<)!
-New DF... I know there are new DF's in One Piece, but usually when there is a fruit in a Spoiler, its fake... And even more if there is a death and a new DF!
-Too many things happening, but nothing important happens... there's a Tenryuu but so what, he wants a boy, and so what, he kills Sabo, cause he wants another boy??

Thats my opinion about this poorly translated chapter...
But the Dadan part seems quite nice, the other part its just plain stupid!

gesgift
May 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
I hope it's a fake. Or that they leave at least let the possibility be that Sabo is still alive, maybe still a slave for them, but it would be stupid to introduce him just to die and even not letting see anything of what Dadan is capable off. Seeing probably everyone in that age would have seemed powerless faced to Garp, so we have no idea if Dadan might be powerfull or not.

Or that she might contribute anything to the story except for being a mountain bandit...

bittman
May 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
Also going to join the fake brigade, only because it seems ridiculously rushed. Right now Oda has simply created set pieces for a dramatic incident to occur. Tenryuubito, Blue Jam, Sabo, Dadan and the growing trust between Luffy and Ace are merely the setting for drama to occur before we reach a conclusion.

Right now, we haven't gotten to the drama. So for it to occur in the same chapter (let alone half a chapter if Luffy then talks to Jimbei) would be a huge stretch.

Also makes the flashback pointless as people have already said. We're in for a meaningful flashback here. I mean, it's Luffy and Ace for gods-sake, not just some Shichibukai with gorgeous legs!

THM Nindo
May 18, 2010, 07:15 AM
It's obviously not fake.
It all make sense, and it's goes with the purpose of this flashback : to make Luffy accept Ace's death.

DBC
May 18, 2010, 07:15 AM
100% fake dude... I understand that Luffy is dumb and has bad memory on occasion but come on... One of his childhood friends is killed by a tenryuubito? He doesn't remember who they are later in the story, and has to have it explained to him. Luffy being the way he is about his friends he wouldn't forget that.

I'm still of the opinion that Sabo will tragically die some way, but not like this. Maybe the tenryuubito will be responsible, but not directly in that fashion...

panasit
May 18, 2010, 07:22 AM
I have a feeling the story will drag onto full volume since so many new characters are introduced enough to be a full blown arc, I think it's fake, but you never know.

Two things have to happen
Luffy has to think that Ace is dead and He tell Luffy that he will never die
Ace has to come up with the idea that pirate king is a person with the most freedom in the world.

frontaLobotomy
May 18, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm inclined to think this script is a fake. I expected this flashback to have at least 1 more chapter after this one, as there is still quite a bit to show. Ace and Luffy sharing a drink, for example, and other segments of Ace/Luffy's past that we caught glimpses of during the war in Marineford. With the Tenryuubito showing up, I'm willing to agree that they will be looking for slaves, and as I believe Sabo will die, these are the only parts of the spoiler I'm inclined to agree with for the moment.

Monkey D Ty
May 18, 2010, 07:52 AM
spoiler has a high chance of being fake but i do believe sabo will die...

Shachida
May 18, 2010, 07:53 AM
Its FAKE, and if I'm wrong, it would be the second time (being the first that april's fool joke past year :@)!
To little Info, too many scenarious
I mean just Dadan does something, blue jam does other, tenryuu is looking for a child, Sabo Dies, Ace and Luffy are in a grave! WTF

Its like they're setting up and ending a arc in the same chapter, and so they rushed it out!
But its quite easy (for me) to see its a fake:
-Sabo dies, everybody has been thinking in that for years(ok, 3 weeks :<)!
-New DF... I know there are new DF's in One Piece, but usually when there is a fruit in a Spoiler, its fake... And even more if there is a death and a new DF!
-Too many things happening, but nothing important happens... there's a Tenryuu but so what, he wants a boy, and so what, he kills Sabo, cause he wants another boy??

Thats my opinion about this poorly translated chapter...
But the Dadan part seems quite nice, the other part its just plain stupid!
The reason the DF is introduced seems to be that Dadan wants to show she's worth taking the place of the kids. As a DF user is worth a lot of money on the slave market right?
I think it is not the Tenryuubito who kills sabo but it's blujam. The Tenryuubito seems to lose interest in the kids after procuring Dadan and leaves them to Blujam who proceeds to try and get the location of the gold out of them? He goes after Ace but Sabo throws something at him and then gets chased instead Blujam ends up killing Sabo and then Ace flips out, but gets knocked out. Finally luffy defeats Blujam and Ace thanks him after he regains conciousness.
It kinda of agree that all of this seems to happen really fast. I would expect the importance and relatinship with Dadan and the kids to be built up a lot more. Ace asked Luffy to say hi to Dadan for him or something when he died right? Why would he say that if he knows Dadan is a slave now and most likely already dead? I don't know, it seems odd.

monkey D luffy
May 18, 2010, 07:55 AM
i too think its fake but for a different reason then most of you. the story is just incosistent, i mean last chapter they didnt know where the 3 where living. i know that it then skipped forward a bit but still if the blue jam pirates now know where the 3 live why didnt they attack dadan before? they only attacked when the tenryubito came and didnt retaliate against ace and sabo for steealing their money before.

so its fake in my book...

Marche
May 18, 2010, 07:56 AM
After reading the translation of Davit I believe that this spoiler is real.
Also if don't in this site, in an italian forum, I had hypotized than the Tenryuubito came for take new slaves, also because the Tenryuubito incident with Tiger Fisher happened 11 or to maximun 12 years ago.
I was sure than Saboo was slaved or killed for save Ace and Rufy, but I am surprise than also Dadan help them (this is the reason because while Ace was dying he remember her).
I have other thing to say, but not now.
Sorry if I have made some mistake.

redred
May 18, 2010, 07:56 AM
im kinda interested in seeing Dadan in action. idk how i feel about the spoiler yet >_> it makes sense but at the same time >____>

Marche
May 18, 2010, 08:01 AM
i too think its fake but for a different reason then most of you. the story is just incosistent, i mean last chapter they didnt know where the 3 where living. i know that it then skipped forward a bit but still if the blue jam pirates now know where the 3 live why didnt they attack dadan before? they only attacked when the tenryubito came and didnt retaliate against ace and sabo for steealing their money before.

so its fake in my book...But in the lastest chapter, in the lastest page seems than several months passed since that incident.
So isn't so strange than the Blue Jam know their hideout.

Junior
May 18, 2010, 08:03 AM
I don't think it's fake.

Ace didn't say anything about Sabo upon his death...yet he felt inclined to mention Dandan -- who we have just seen to be a pretty tightly bound bundle of sticks (hah).

So, to me this means that:

Since Sabo and Ace were very close, and Sabo is not in the main story, there must be a reason for Ace not to mention him. I said before that Sabo would either die or betray Ace but after the last chapter I'm leaning towards him dying. If he was still alive, Ace would have probably told Luffy to say bye to Sabo as well.

But he didn't even mention Sabo. This leads me to believe that, at some point in this flashback, Ace will confront and deal with the loss of Sabo.

..and about Dandan? Dandan has been a pretty big jerk to Ace and Luffy this entire time. There'd be no reason for Ace to want to give Dandan (OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN OP) a special "goodbye". To me this means that Dandan might do something important -- and these spoilers kind of fit in that for me. Dandan saving the kids from being enslaved? That's pretty damn significant.

Call me silly or not but that's what I thiiiink.

hy4k
May 18, 2010, 08:35 AM
so...

-ace basically raised luffy himself
-dadan sacrificed herself for ace/luffy
-sabo sacrificed himself for ace/luffy

ace was the only constant in luffy's life and he raised him. now he's gone. damn

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 18, 2010, 08:39 AM
basically this whole FB was to kill sabo ,

Bonfire01
May 18, 2010, 08:45 AM
This spoiler seems fake to me. As with a lot of fake spoilers it does something obvious (Sabo's death) BUT gets it over with really quickly. Then you get a huge ammount of plot progression in a tiny number of panels and to top it all off you get a character fundamentally changing, normally to become a good guy.

If Dadan offered to sacrifice herself to save Ace and Luffy wouldn't you think that they would think more kindly of her? As it was Ace simply said he even missed that idiot....

Just seems to me to be something someone would want to happen if they wanted the flasback over and done with ASAP....

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 18, 2010, 08:47 AM

If Dadan offered to sacrifice herself to save Ace and Luffy wouldn't you think that they would think more kindly of her? As it was Ace simply said he even missed that idiot....

if there was any sacrifice from dadan , she would be dead indeed , yet she was mentioned just a short while ago , i remember ace saying to luffy to deliver his greetings to her .

Shachida
May 18, 2010, 08:52 AM
if there was any sacrifice from dadan , she would be dead indeed , yet she was mentioned just a short while ago , i remember ace saying to luffy to deliver his greetings to her .
Why would a sacrifice mean death? According to the spoiler she allowed herself to be taken in by the Tenryuubito in place of the kids. That's a sacrfice too. Maybe not in the literal sense but still. Maybe she escaped later on and the boys knew about it?

Junior
May 18, 2010, 08:52 AM
basically this whole FB was to kill sabo ,

Yeah, and the entire series is just about a boy with a strawhat sailing on a boat.

[/Sarcasm]

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 18, 2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah, and the entire series is just about a boy with a strawhat sailing on a boat.

[/Sarcasm]

i never intended for my post to be sarcastic if that what you interpreted .
im just saying that the main objective of this FB was to confirm the will thing WB spoke of . and manily for luffy to get over it that is if the SPOILERS are true .

RichardMNixon
May 18, 2010, 09:04 AM

And Woop Slap asking if she knew Luffy was a pirate. She could hardly know if she was dead.

Schabrak
May 18, 2010, 09:06 AM
Spoiler is fake, as Ace said Luffy to tell goodbye for him to Dadan. If it's the right meaning of the translation: "Dadan and Sabo are no longer here... Now it's just the two of us... "

Maledicente
May 18, 2010, 09:08 AM
Me thinks Junior was pulling a captain obvious but that might be just me.

One Piece have already quite a lot of chapters that seemed hurried with a lot of information. That's not a good reason to call the spoilers fake. Same thing with the "lack of development" argument. After all It's an earlier spoiler not a full script, right? It might be true but we can only be sure with some "official" confirmation from trusted posters.

whbati
May 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
Sabo is Death I already knew, It was very expensive in,Dadan Akuma is very estranged.

Shiro-kun
May 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
Spoiler is fake, as Ace said Luffy to tell goodbye for him to Dadan. If it's the right meaning of the translation: "Dadan and Sabo are no longer here... Now it's just the two of us... "

It could just mean Dadan was token away and Sabo died,

that statement isnt vague enough to just write off she died too and end up assuming the spoiler is fake.

Schabrak
May 18, 2010, 09:20 AM

that statement isnt vague enough to just write off she died too and end up assuming the spoiler is fake.
I just hope it is not wanting to see Sabo die, as so many wanted him to. XD

But that opens up a possibility of Luffy meeting her some time in the future too, when he goes against the WG(Maria Joa) after finding the One Piece or even earlier, if Oda shocks us with not showing Fisherman Island. hehe

Poisok2
May 18, 2010, 10:07 AM

Yup. The expression used in japanese is too vague. It only means they are no longer there.

Evil Strawhats
May 18, 2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry, but this spoiler seems clearly fake to me

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/440/03/

Dadan isn`t dead, and he isn`t taken away, because if he would`ve been taken away by the tenryubito (hope I wrote it correct), noone could say if he`s okay or not

LeDuck
May 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ace said that Dadan was alive, and as far as I understood the spoiler Sabo is dead and Dadan sacrificed himself. She isn't dead, just taken away / enslaved. If it's this way, the spoiler makes sense, I wouldn't say it's fake immediately, though it doesn't hurt to wait for confirmation.

Poisok2
May 18, 2010, 10:20 AM

Dadan isn`t dead, and he isn`t taken away, because if he would`ve been taken away by the tenryubito (hope I wrote it correct), noone could say if he`s okay or not

Where is it stated she is ok?

Note: I'm not saying I believe the spoiler, either.

RezzieThaRapper
May 18, 2010, 10:22 AM
if it's real then there goes my prediction of Sabo coming back with a Zoan fruit later

Evil Strawhats
May 18, 2010, 10:24 AM
I mean if she would`ve been taken by the Tenryubito, her chances for survival won`t be very good (If you remember all the victims of them at sabaody)
So if Dadan was taken away by them, she would now be dead for sure

Davit08
May 18, 2010, 10:30 AM
hmmm ppl say this is all fake, but have you ever thought that if dadan was caught and made a slave, and she escaped when Fisher Tiger came to free the slaves?

Schabrak
May 18, 2010, 10:36 AM
hmmm ppl say this is all fake, but have you ever thought that if dadan was caught and made a slave, and she escaped when Fisher Tiger came to free the slaves?

Have you ever thought about the fact, that Fisher Tiger freed the people ten years prior to that flashback? :)

Thanks for posting. Thought of that too, but had no idea, which chapter it was. Why would the major talk about her like that, if she was taken away as a slave or killed?

gold349
May 18, 2010, 10:37 AM
Where is it stated she is ok?

Note: I'm not saying I believe the spoiler, either.

www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/ Dadan should still be alive according to Ace...its something to look forward to when Luffy meets the tenryo again.

Maledicente
May 18, 2010, 10:37 AM

Isn't Dadan a she? Although clearly not miss universe material I think it became blatant that she was at least a female. Of course I might be wrong because that newkama fad surely must be around for a couple decades by now.

Davit08
May 18, 2010, 10:39 AM
Have you ever thought about the fact, that Fisher Tiger freed the people ten years prior to that flashback? :)

O_O really? hmmmm yeah shoot my bad..LOL i was so focused on dadan's age that i forgot about boa dem.. >_< good point my friend hmmm interesting..

it mentions slave shop? is that dadan's or someone else's?

Ulisse
May 18, 2010, 10:47 AM
Maybe he is implying that Dadan has been enslaved to the Tenryuubito

Bugzee
May 18, 2010, 10:49 AM
:crying

Seems like a great chapter to me. What an awesome df ability! Dadan's even able to control trees? Cool. There's some confusion as to whether or not Dadan is still alive or not!? I think she's most certainly alive because even Woop Slap metioned her (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v45/c440/3.html).

Maybe, she can become one with the trees? :XD

Super Angillis
May 18, 2010, 11:15 AM
Everyones saying this spoiler is fake. Well, based on past experience, that means it's going to turn out to be true.

undertoe
May 18, 2010, 11:15 AM
Maybe, she can become one with the trees? :XD

She ate the hippy hippy fruit ;).

We've already seen that there are errors in the current translation... Who knows what it says happened to Dadan?

Poisok2
May 18, 2010, 11:29 AM
She ate the hippy hippy fruit ;).

We've already seen that there are errors in the current translation... Who knows what it says happened to Dadan?

Me. I'm quite confident in the part I translated, at least.
[hr]

エ「ダダンもサボいなくなった・・・もう俺達2人なんだ・・・友達ななんかじゃねー兄弟として生きようじゃ ねーか」

Ace "Dadan and Sabo are no longer here... Now it's just the two of us... More than friends, we must live as brothers, right?"

Lyn685
May 18, 2010, 11:29 AM
Man, if this Spoiler is true, Sabos and Dadans roles are totally wasted for shits and giggles.
Seriously? Sabo telling Ace to become a great pirate with his last words? This makes me puke!
I don´t care if Ace became a great pirate because of these words, because Ace is dead! So what good would this Flashback be if the Spoilers are true?

undertoe
May 18, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that the spoiler doesn't pronounce her as dead, and it's possible that somewhere else in the spoiler, her fate is described. If not, she must either have been on the run or captured. It's not like Fisher Tiger is the only time slaves ever escaped, right Jean Bart and Rayleigh?

Shachida
May 18, 2010, 11:43 AM
I mean if she would`ve been taken by the Tenryubito, her chances for survival won`t be very good (If you remember all the victims of them at sabaody)
So if Dadan was taken away by them, she would now be dead for sure
From what I gather the Tenryuubito doesn't want to own her but wants to sell her. So perhaps she was sold to someone who isn't as harsh to slaves?

zerocooldx
May 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that the spoiler doesn't pronounce her as dead, and it's possible that somewhere else in the spoiler, her fate is described. If not, she must either have been on the run or captured. It's not like Fisher Tiger is the only time slaves ever escaped, right Jean Bart and Rayleigh?

Well Fisher Tiger directly invaded Mariejois and freed all of the slaves that were in the Tenryubito's direct grasp in their homeland. While Jean Bart was just freed on Sabaody Archipelago and Rayleigh wasn't a slave of the Tenryubito. And it is possible that the Dadan family was captured and enslaved or sold off by the Tenryubito. The way that Oda is setting things up it seems to be going in the direction that Ace and Luffy lived on their own and depended on each other for survival.

monkey D luffy
May 18, 2010, 12:19 PM
if this spoiler says she's dead then its fake and there is nothing to discuss. the people of luffy's home village were terrified of the thought what dadan will say when she sees luffy's new bounty. which means she is not a slave and most deffinetly not dead. end of story

plex
May 18, 2010, 12:44 PM
if this spoiler says she's dead then its fake and there is nothing to discuss. the people of luffy's home village were terrified of the thought what dadan will say when she sees luffy's new bounty. which means she is not a slave and most deffinetly not dead. end of story

By the way, can you tell me the exact chapter?, did they say sth. like "if she would see..", 'cos this doesn't imply that's she's really alive (it could also mean, "if she was alive and saw the new wanted poster, she'd be angry etc..")

LeDuck
May 18, 2010, 12:46 PM

That's wrong.
You have to see it this way:
Dadan sacrifices herself for the children -> She becomes a slave
The children, whom she protected become pirates and are hunted by the world government. "What would Dadan say to that?" So basically she could think her sacrifice was in vain or she is proud for the path they took.
Two more things:
Just because Dadan was a slave, doesn't mean she is anymore.
Just because Dadan is a slave, doesn't mean she won't see luffy's bounty.

Cedde
May 18, 2010, 12:49 PM
If spoiler is true, then the conclusion is that Dadan became a slave, leaving ace and luffy all alone.

samitsmeht
May 18, 2010, 12:50 PM
i thk the spoiler r real
dadan must be slave somewhere or hiding
am glad the flashback is over but it felt a bit rushed

undertoe
May 18, 2010, 12:56 PM
It's also possible that they only thought she was dead.

happy GIN smily
May 18, 2010, 01:04 PM
would be nice if these spoilers turned out to be true. it would mean that Oda killed Sabo fast and brought this lousy flashback to an end. even with an interesting open question. at least the Dadan-thing would be something to think about

whbati
May 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
I believe Dadan is really big Mom because it coincides with the date that the Tiger Fish Released from prison the slaves' hands Tenryubitos.Remember you saw here first.

BlackHair
May 18, 2010, 01:57 PM
So the Tenryo thing was rather disappointing. Which in the end rates the flashback really low.

Anyway, Im honestly confused about "dead" and "grave". Well I'll wait few hours to max a day, then I'll get my clear answer.

beastboy
May 18, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm tottally hoping that this is fake, but isn't the big script in the 1st post of a spoiler thread allways fake?? :) (kiddin)

sarutobi_sensei
May 18, 2010, 02:42 PM

True, he says: Does Dadan know?

So it must mean that she is alive.

By the way, can you tell me the exact chapter?, did they say sth. like "if she would see..", 'cos this doesn't imply that's she's really alive (it could also mean, "if she was alive and saw the new wanted poster, she'd be angry etc..")

He says: does Dadan know?

And on the anime he says: I wonder if Dadan knows.

So it's like I said, Sabo really dies because of the Tenryuubito and Dadan becomes a slave. Too bad. Though I hope she isn't one anymore.

What if she is Big Momma? :D Now that would be epic. She would punish Luffy xD

ScratchmenApoo
May 18, 2010, 02:47 PM
If you were a person who wants a slave, would you pick a young 10 year old who has good strong muscles for years to come OR a 50 year old crappy old hag ?
I just cannot see anyone taking Dadan as a slave.

Zehahaha
May 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
If you were a person who wants a slave, would you pick a young 10 year old who has good strong muscles for years to come OR a 50 year old crappy old hag ?

As you have saw in the Shabaody arc, the Tenryuubito can have slaves just for collection, the example of Roswald is enough, he had a collection of pirates captains just for the fun.
Maybe this Tenryuubito likes old hags... who knows, these guys are sick after all...

happy GIN smily
May 18, 2010, 02:53 PM

i am nut sure, but i read something about a DF that Dadan has. so they could take a DF-user for some special works or for entertainment like they did with the Gorgon Sisters

hy4k
May 18, 2010, 02:55 PM
i dont think that the tenryubito care much about the utility of slaves

they took the hancock sisters just to torture them and juding by the comments/actions of the others on seabody that's primarily what they're used for

the chance to torture a mountain bandit probably gets them off

whbati
May 18, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hope Oda does not include the Bandits mountain in the history of the also, picture, Pirates, government scientists (VegaPunk coming), Sailor if he put the bandits also the staff will go crazy.

Shachida
May 18, 2010, 03:25 PM
According to the spoiler she has a devil fruit which makes her more valuable than a bunch of kids. In the spoiler the Tenryuubito gets excited because he can sell a devilfruit user for a lot of money.

Katz
May 18, 2010, 04:09 PM
Ace "Dadan and Sabo are no longer here... Now it's just the two of us... More than friends, we must live as brothers, right?"

Ace is saying that Dadan is no longer there... I don't know what this means, but if he is saying she died, it doesn't make much sense, since Ace implied she was still alive in the present storyline... (Chapter 574 - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/)

Wait why's he call Dadan a him....I thought up until now Dadan's gender has been a complete mystery

red-hair himself
May 18, 2010, 04:23 PM
making fun of her b/c the didnt rly like her so why no call her a him ^^

Bugzee
May 18, 2010, 04:53 PM
"Ace lives in my heart!" :crying

Dammit. One of these days those Tenryūbito bastards will get what they deserve and it will be done by the hands of the SH's! :shakefist Well, it seems as though the flashback ends this chapter. Woot! I'm hoping the focus will be on the SH's reuniting now.

DeXt0R
May 18, 2010, 04:55 PM
Spoilers look reall and very nice:D Atleast Luffy is not raging anymore and he got his senses back = time to find other. Again Tenributo;/ something big will ocure in futer connected with them:D pew pew SH's . My guess is that we will see now few chapters about what did other's do:D

chess4
May 18, 2010, 04:56 PM
i hope the spoiler is true....................it seems plausible

zerocooldx
May 18, 2010, 05:01 PM
I made an oath. Pirates lead dangerous lives, and should a friend fall, the other must become stronger for him!

These are the words that will seemingly get Luffy through this ordeal.

Deepak5191
May 18, 2010, 05:02 PM
I doubt the Tenryubito just went off mentioning that they were a Tenryubito in front of the kids. Luffy being a kid at this point would just assume that they were another powerful person who does what they want. So he doesn't necessarily need to know who the Tenryubito are once he's all grown up and in SA.

THM Nindo
May 18, 2010, 05:33 PM
Good stuff!
The flashback ends, and it clearly shows that the next arc will be against the Tenryuubito.
I can't wait to see that!! :D

deffkryz
May 18, 2010, 05:33 PM
i hope the spoiler is true....................it seems plausible

No. A friend just pointed out (well, he posted it some hours ago in the German Pirateboard, and I just read it :p): The flashback just can't finish without the sake scene between Luffy and Ace swearing brotherhood to each other (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/12/).

Oda wouldn't miss out such a scene, would he?

Ex-Shadow
May 18, 2010, 05:40 PM
So Luffy had met Tenryubito back then, huh? If this spoiler is true, then this is the end of Luffy's flashback, eh!? Next chapters will be about Luffy's plan to go to SA and meet his nakamas...

ironmonkey
May 18, 2010, 05:41 PM
Wait why's he call Dadan a him....I thought up until now Dadan's gender has been a complete mystery

Hum don't know if you red the last 3 chapter but I am pretty shure Dadan is draw as a woman (anyway the translators have decided that it is a "she" at least on onemanga and mangastream)

As for the spoiler, I bet it's a fake or else it will be a god damn f******* short flashback on one of the most important event of Luffy and Ace's childhood. I vote for another 3 chapter minimum :)

DaoneLuffy
May 18, 2010, 05:41 PM
Please stop asking why the script says him when it's a her, the word used was a unisex word at the time until we finally saw that Dadan was a female. And now she has a power over trees, thats awesome, she must be fun to hang out with she can make ganja whenever she wants LMAO. Well it's cool that the flashback is over, so next week we can get an update of whats been going on in the world, and get Luffy back to his crew and on with the main story.

undertoe
May 18, 2010, 05:44 PM
Actually Daone, it says she can only grow trees. It's possible that it's actually all plants, but we don't know that yet.

frontaLobotomy
May 18, 2010, 05:45 PM
Now I've seen the full script, I'm warming to the idea of it being real. It points to all the things that would drag Luffy out of his grief, and give him a reason to get even stronger. I'd like to see who this Tenryuubito is, and what they look like, either way.

DaoneLuffy
May 18, 2010, 05:58 PM
True true still it would be a party though, hopefully she planted some around the hideout and grow those suckers lol.

Romanov D Paul
May 18, 2010, 06:05 PM
Well, even if I was among the one who was almost certain the falshback wouldn't end like this... this kind of solution is very Luffy-like :D! After all, it's just like WB final words, Ace's will is going to be carried on by the one he loved most, his little brother, it's just that Luffy had to come on good terms on it. Still, something bothers me: the mayor of Windmill village stated something about Dadan knowing or not what kind of path Luffy took after he left the village, witch alongside Ace's request to Luffy to say goodbye to her kinda of makes difficult for Dadan to have become a slave 10 years before the current storyline. So, either something happened after and we're going to know when the complete script is out, or... well, it's fake spoiler, though I doubt about this chance now.

she must be fun to hang out with she can make ganja whenever she wants

Sure, that would make for the most incredible ability ever. I guess you could easily blackmail anyone with this kind of power :D. Dadan for president!

ranigurung
May 18, 2010, 06:15 PM
Dadan is Tenryuubito slave not big moma ..... now we all know she is not big mum .... she is slave ....now is luffy turn to save her ...

chitgoks
May 18, 2010, 06:20 PM
i hope the spoiler aint true. lame that bluejam got hit back by a bullet right away. if that was the case he ain't strong.

wonder why the people hyped him as being dangerous

Freakzin
May 18, 2010, 06:21 PM
Garp might've freed her, remember when he wondered "does Dadan know?"
He might not know that she was enslaved, or he freed her and knows where she is.

TauCarlos
May 18, 2010, 06:24 PM
It just doesn't seem right, a bullet re-bound takes out a guy who easily owns both Sabo and ace, and what are the rest of the bluejam crew doing watching their captain die?

And you expect a tenryubito to take a stroll with Mr Bluejam leaving the luxury of a kingdom to go up a mountain and find some kids??

And how do they even know where Dandan's place is when they couldn't even find ace in the grey terminal??

And the rest of the Dandan bandits not commenting at all or even putting up a fight when the boss is submitting to slavery??

And all that stash ace and sabo had, was used to buy that shitty sail boat ace left the island in what happened??

And the thing that gets to me the most is since when has a freaking Tenry ever said the word "thank you" I doubt they even use that word amongst themselves and he actually says thank you to a pirate?? It just doesn't seem rigt at all

Lostromos
May 18, 2010, 06:54 PM
I think this flashback gave a whole new image on the bond of Luffy and Ace.
Till now i really couldnt 'feel'' the conection between Ace and Luffy as brothers.
I am glad Oda gave us this flashback.It was necesery to portrait better the feelings of luffy about Aces loss

sarutobi_sensei
May 18, 2010, 07:06 PM
Dadan is Tenryuubito slave not big moma ..... now we all know she is not big mum .... she is slave ....now is luffy turn to save her ...

That would be cool, but I kinda wonder if Fishers Tiger hasn't done that. He freed numerous slaves when he went to Mariejoa, so Dadan could be one of them.

If not, then I can certainly imagine Dadan being freed by Luffy if she is still alive.

i hope the spoiler aint true. lame that bluejam got hit back by a bullet right away. if that was the case he ain't strong.

wonder why the people hyped him as being dangerous

Of course he isn't strong, he probably never got off East Blue, probably wondered on those islands gathering runts and robbing people.

Why? Cause he was a pirate, probably with many followers and he had access to weapons. Normal people wouldn't be able to hit him.

And lets face it, we knew that the guy wouldn't live past this, and it depends on where the bullet hit him. If it was near the heart or in the head it's instant death.

Garp might've freed her, remember when he wondered "does Dadan know?"
He might not know that she was enslaved, or he freed her and knows where she is.
I kinda doubt that.

PH3000
May 18, 2010, 07:17 PM
i don't get it... the more i read it, the less i believe its reliability. for me it sounds like some prediction or fanfic..
tenry shows up looking for child slaves, dadan sacrifice, sabo dead, luffy and ace brothers, jimbei and luffy in present... it is a) to simple for something that spread out of that genius mind oda and b) what everyone wants: everything handled in one chapter.

i don't believe it until i see the pics.

beastboy
May 18, 2010, 07:40 PM
Well, I could like it, if it was real, but I still believe its fake, and I won't believe in anything else until the chapter is out, and this is the first time I'm joining the fake brigade :) (I kinda like this name)

sarutobi_sensei
May 18, 2010, 07:51 PM
i don't get it... the more i read it, the less i believe its reliability. for me it sounds like some prediction or fanfic..
tenry shows up looking for child slaves, dadan sacrifice, sabo dead, luffy and ace brothers, jimbei and luffy in present... it is a) to simple for something that spread out of that genius mind oda and b) what everyone wants: everything handled in one chapter.

i don't believe it until i see the pics.
People always say stuff like that when the spoiler comes out, and then change their minds when the actual chapter is released...

Maledicente
May 18, 2010, 07:52 PM
Just finished reading the full translation.

Hmm... can you dudes remember any other early spoiler with transcriptions of dialogues? I know it's a lame argument "pro fake brigade" but I'm kinda used to read those small rushed spoilers before the real deal.

El-Thor
May 18, 2010, 07:53 PM
I think it's real... everyone keeps thinking Oda will give us this amazing 100 chapter flashback but BAM he hits us in the face with an abrupt end :D TEHEHE

panasit
May 18, 2010, 08:04 PM
Even if it's real (I hope to god it's not), the flashback isn't over yet (or there will be another one). Again, it was foreshadow, therefore Ace has to be in a situation where Luffy thought he was dead, but then he wasn't. Then he and Luffy would share Sake, and Ace has to come up with an idea that the pirate king is the person with the most freedom.

The theme of the story has to be slavery vs freedom. When the sky dragon clan appear, I thought there's no better representation of being enslave than those jerks.

Matuzaleu
May 18, 2010, 08:27 PM
Oda listen my prays and finish de FB,

but Dandan slave?i dont no

ascalon
May 18, 2010, 09:20 PM
Ah, so finally the plant growth fruit appears. Darnit, I really wanted that fruit... I mean I wanted a cooler character to have that power, a strawhat. Oh well.

THM Nindo
May 18, 2010, 09:32 PM
Ah, so finally the plant growth fruit appears. Darnit, I really wanted that fruit... I mean I wanted a cooler character to have that power, a strawhat. Oh well.

I'm actually surprised Oda decided to use that DF.
With everyone always saying that Oda, Kishi and Kubo are basically copying each other everytime, I was thinking that Oda would refrain to use something that could be used to say that he took the idea from Kishi (Yamato).

In any case, right now I really don't like Dadan, but I hope she can grow on me... especially that I have the feeling that we will see her again...

Next arc : Tenryuubito

exacta
May 18, 2010, 11:07 PM
If Luffy had a run in with the Tenryubito when he was with Ace, shouldn't he have known about them already when he was at Sabondy????

El-Thor
May 18, 2010, 11:17 PM
If Luffy had a run in with the Tenryubito when he was with Ace, shouldn't he have known about them already when he was at Sabondy????

We assume he did know about them. There is a link going around the discussion thread showing Luffy reacting to the Tenryubito as "It's them..."

zerocooldx
May 18, 2010, 11:35 PM

Well there are far too many details that we don't know about yet. Such as if the actual name Tenryubito was ever even mentioned to Luffy when he first encountered them. So when Luffy did see them later on he could have probably seen a physical similarity between the people, which then allowed him to make the connection if there was one, which is debatable. But again though, this all depends on how much exposure Luffy go to the Tenryubito when he was a kid. If all he knew was that some wealthy people came and took Dadan, then that is a whole different story which Luffy had no control over.

LG4Lyfe
May 18, 2010, 11:36 PM
I don't think that Dadan is dead because it says ace was infront of sabo's grave but it doesnt say Dadans grave. And also in ace's final words he said if you ever meet up with dadan to tell her goodbye because it would be wierd so Dadan has to be still alive. When they do meet up with Dadan in the future I'm looking forward to this wood devil fruit

Junior
May 18, 2010, 11:40 PM
Well, well, well.

It looks like I was right. >____>

Everyone who doubted me can donate 5 Mangahelper dollars.

k-dom
May 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
According to Aohige on AP forums this spoiler has been confirmed as fake by the author himself. There is another one called 3 crows more credible but unconfirmed either

Lyn685
May 19, 2010, 12:03 AM
Man, I really want to know what´s so thrilling about making Fake-Spoilers. -_-

Shiro-kun
May 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
Man, I really want to know what´s so thrilling about making Fake-Spoilers. -_-

Trolling? i think thats the objective of most fake spoiler making..

Heh so its fake? heh i really was hoping that we would get to the plot already .....i mean i really want to see SH crew soon :(

LoS
May 19, 2010, 12:11 AM
8 pages and 110+ posts debating whether a spoiler is fake, or not. I figure people would learn by now. It seems like every time some member of this forum moseys on over to one manga forum and copy/pastes a spoiler from there it is nearly always a fake.

You figure we would learn to stop going to one manga forum for spoilers, but no.....

TauCarlos
May 19, 2010, 12:43 AM
I think the best thing about fake spoilers is the relief you get once you find out they're fake. Seriously, as much I would also like to get back to the main plot and see whats next for luffy and Jimbei on AL, it would be hard for me to get over a chapter like this. A freaking Tenry going up a mountain to look for kids?? And then he said thank you to a pirate.. I'm soo glad it's fake

LoS
May 19, 2010, 12:46 AM
Fear not, I am thinking we will get a legit spoiler very very very soon, wink wink

El-Thor
May 19, 2010, 01:14 AM
Little teaser spoiler posted... from the sounds of it (which is not a lot) Sabo is the son of a Tenryuubito !!!!!!! O_O

darklide
May 19, 2010, 02:07 AM
The second spoiler sounds a little bit more...believeable compared to the mokuton DF

GPZrag
May 19, 2010, 02:09 AM
Dadan is alive as slave?!, she must ultimately freed... i hope Luffy gets the power that is needed to perform such task...

LoS
May 19, 2010, 02:10 AM
Lol what a lil bitch Sabo turned out to be, he better be the one who later on gave Ace his mera mera no mi fruit, or better at least still be used to help Luffy when he gets to FI/Marejoa...

El-Thor
May 19, 2010, 02:16 AM
Lol what a lil bitch Sabo turned out to be, he better be the one who later on gave Ace his mera mera no mi fruit, or better at least still be used to help Luffy when he gets to FI/Marejoa...

Why is he a b*tch ? He is saving his friends from certain death. We don't know the whole story yet but he probably wanted to be free or get away from the "Noble" life and become a pirate.

Either way, this opens up an awesome avenue for the SH crew. They will have allies among the Tenryuubito themselves !!:o

Aikyet
May 19, 2010, 02:19 AM
Oh wow. Only at MangaHelpers a fake spoiler gets discussed for 10 straight pages.

LoS
May 19, 2010, 02:22 AM
Why is he a b*tch ? He is saving his friends from certain death. We don't know the whole story yet but he probably wanted to be free or get away from the "Noble" life and become a pirate.

I've only got one place to live line... probably even knew what exactly Bluejam was there for in the first place.

Either way, this opens up an awesome avenue for the SH crew. They will have allies among the Tenryuubito themselves !!:o

presumptuous of you, not saying it wont happen though :p

OdaForPresident
May 19, 2010, 02:28 AM
Sabo is the child of the Tenriubito! Who would have thought.

panasit
May 19, 2010, 02:29 AM
Why do people always set out to hate child character?

Anyway, the chapter turn out to be quite epic from what I read so far. This will go well with the idea of pirate king is the person with the most freedom. Sabo is like the prince and the pauper type character. If he's alive (don't worry child-haters, there's plenty of opportunity for him to die next chapter) it will be cool to see what he is like as adult. Too bad he didn't use his influence stay Ace's execution though.

luffy_boy
May 19, 2010, 02:30 AM
Who thinks Sabo will join the crew later on... (if he is`nt a pirate himself at the moment)

OunknownO
May 19, 2010, 02:31 AM
Sabo is the child of the Tenriubito! Who would have thought.

Yeah, And what is even stranger, no one of us thought that sabo was world's noble.

@luffy_boy Nope, it will be a fishman, because they need a helsman and rember what arlong said, and who was steering the ship on the way from impel down to marine ford

LoS
May 19, 2010, 02:35 AM
Oh lord, here come the Sabo for Nakama posts. Already had our fill of Margurett, Hancock, Jinbei, etc al.

ScorpionGR
May 19, 2010, 02:44 AM
sabo being the world nobles and living at Gray Terminal that's not make sensee anyway that makes me to see sabo flashback right now ..... and when ace was in whitebeard crew why he didn't rescue dadan from the Tenryuubito if she is captured by the world nobles

May 19, 2010, 02:52 AM
ahaha I told ya Sabo was one of the tenryos

the first (fake spoiler) seemed so rushed the pictures shows I think onyl half of the story, because that incident isn't worth to be mentioned as the Sabo Thing imo:-)

beastboy
May 19, 2010, 02:53 AM
WoW... I was afraid I would be wrong, but it was fake ;)

Now, Sabo is the son of a Tenryuu???

anaskr
May 19, 2010, 02:54 AM
ODA whats cooking ??? :blink

lelouche123
May 19, 2010, 02:55 AM
jajaajja garp it's f... up sabo too , that pic is awesome

monkey D luffy
May 19, 2010, 02:56 AM
yay its getting intersting and garp is in there too! i dont want this flashback to end. everyone who still hates this should suffer from it for at least another week. woohoo!

i wonder when we are going to see older sabo in story.

Szaman
May 19, 2010, 02:59 AM

Ace is saying that Dadan is no longer there... I don't know what this means, but if he is saying she died, it doesn't make much sense, since Ace implied she was still alive in the present storyline... (Chapter 574 - http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/)

This may have been meant as: "When you're at her grave, tell her that...".
As I'm not sure about the cultural background of burial beliefs on Japanese and original text, we may only assume this is possible.

Shiro-kun
May 19, 2010, 03:08 AM
Sabo is a Tenryuubito, hmm interesting ...

He must of been disgusted by the other Tenryuubitos or something to have gone so far away from Mariejoa to East Blue ... and his father isnt wearing the glass dome that keeps them from breathing "the commoners air"

LoS
May 19, 2010, 03:11 AM
Pretty sure that was a bubble, and those bubbles can only be used in the Archipelagio's climate.

May 19, 2010, 03:16 AM
yeah true and how the hell did a 10 year-old boy make it to east blue from mari joa. maybe they have residents in all the blues, who knows

And i also think he hated the way his "family and line" regarded other ppl as scum and wanted to escape to follow his dream (Being a pirate)

OunknownO
May 19, 2010, 03:25 AM
yeah true and how the hell did a 10 year-old boy make it to east blue from mari joa. maybe they have residents in all the blues, who knows

And i also think he hated the way his "family and line" regarded other ppl as scum and wanted to escape to follow his dream (Being a pirate)

In the past children(and even now) wokred, in afrcia you have children-soldiers, In 19th century you could see children as cabin boys on the ships.

LoS
May 19, 2010, 03:32 AM

Maybe because he is just a noble of the Goa kingdom, or whatever the local kingdom is, and not the Marijoa kingdom. There are local nobles all over the world they don't just have to be world nobles.

Marche
May 19, 2010, 03:38 AM
Maybe because he is just a noble of the Goa kingdom, or whatever the local kingdom is, and not the Marijoa kingdom. There are local nobles all over the world they don't just have to be world nobles.No, the Tenryuubito are only on Marijoa.
And that Tenryuubito came from there, read what Dadan say in the next chapter.
From this is clearly than there aren't Tenryuubito in Goa's kingdom.

elitefox
May 19, 2010, 03:44 AM
Wow heart breaking sentence from Dadan, and so she is now a slave lol...

I guess she has a soft part too.

Woo go "hulkhoogan(don't really know the spelling)" , I mean Garp.

he is wrestling 3 kids and they actually bleeding, what kind of GF is that :D

LoS
May 19, 2010, 03:48 AM
No, the Tenryuubito are only on Marijoa.
And that Tenryuubito came from there, read what Dadan say in the next chapter.
From this is clearly than there aren't Tenryuubito in Goa's kingdom.

Oh no, I'm not saying he isn't. I'm just saying I haven't read the chapter yet so I can't say for sure if the World Noble that was reportedly coming was his father or not, lol. Sabo obviously is though, we can infer that much at least.

I would assume that whatever manner only took his father one day to get to that place from Marijoa is how he got there. Pretty swift travel though.

patz
May 19, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm confusing. Is Sabo dead? If he's alive, where was his grave come from?

St Michael
May 19, 2010, 04:18 AM
I'm actually beginning to really like Sabo , that flashback reveals himself to be awesome (Garp :D) , can't wait to see Dadan and Sabo in the present.

edit : the spoiler with Sabo's grave was a fake if I understood correctly.

ranigurung
May 19, 2010, 04:19 AM
die who post fake spoiler ... i cry when sabo die ....
who every post fake ....waste my tears ......i am glad that sabo n dadon alive cant wait to see them .....
ace is pirate king son ...world strong person
luffy is world most wanted ... son
Sabo one of the most powerful son ...who rule world
ace ,sabo n luffy they good team

deffkryz
May 19, 2010, 04:25 AM
*looking on the spoiler pics* ❤♥♥Makino-chwan♥♥❤ *snapping-back*

Gosh, I was going to predict this last week but I deleted the post by thinking Oda wouldn't pull THAT... :blink :wall But...

as I though sabo might join / become a slave of the celestial dragons, maybe sacrifices himself for ace's and Luffy's escape but hmm I don't think Ace would let that happen

BTW. You can't "join the Tenryuubito" - that's a status by bloodline since they are ancestors of the WG's founders from 400 years ago.

Duc :D... We did it, somehow, didn't we? ;)

So - unless Bluejam won't go up against the Tenryuubito like capturing Sabo to gain even more money, the flashback may end next chapter (#586) with the brotherhood scene between Ace and Luffy.

But... If Bluejam does capture Sabo, there may even be the possibility that Oda is about to reveal either Sengoku intervening or another Admiral being revealed or maybe even Kong.

And unless Sabo ain't dead yet, Sakazuki may have some trouble in the end for killing Sabo's best friend?

patz
May 19, 2010, 04:34 AM
Is Sabo is still alive, why didn't he do anything to save Ace? That's weird.

Lyn685
May 19, 2010, 04:36 AM
I just read the confirmed spoilers.
Sabo is a/the son of a Tenryuubito?
Man, this is so awesome, that it nearly gave me a heart-attack.
Looks like Luffy will have an ally in the rows of the World-Nobles!

LoS
May 19, 2010, 04:43 AM
And unless Sabo ain't dead yet, Sakazuki may have some trouble in the end for killing Sabo's best friend?

Didn't seem to slow him down at Marineford from putting his fist through his chest...

Heck Sabo could have been the one who ordered to have Moria killed, since he caught wind that Moria had caused Luffy trouble...

LeDuck
May 19, 2010, 04:45 AM
I just read the confirmed spoilers.
Sabo is a/the son of a Tenryuubito?
Man, this is so awesome, that it nearly gave me a heart-attack.
Looks like Luffy will have an ally in the rows of the World-Nobles!

Or an enemy he has to fight in the future. 7 years under the influence of those people? I don't think he is going to be an ally.

Lyn685
May 19, 2010, 04:48 AM
Or an enemy he has to fight in the future. 7 years under the influence of those people? I don't think he is going to be an ally.It depends.
Maybe Sabos father isn´t such an idiot like the Tenryuubitos we saw in the Archipel.

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 19, 2010, 04:51 AM
i guess , the spoilers are fake then , yet i think its an interesting devolopment we have .

i wonder what sabo's reaction would if he is still alive .

ScorpionGR
May 19, 2010, 05:00 AM
Heck Sabo could have been the one who ordered to have Moria killed, since he caught wind that Moria had caused Luffy trouble...

i don't think is sabo the one who ordered that ... the one who ordered that is the Gorousei (five elders)

LoS
May 19, 2010, 05:06 AM
I'm just stirring up controversy, basically saying we don't know shit on Sabo currently and that anything is possible.

ScorpionGR
May 19, 2010, 05:17 AM
the thing about sabo being one of the world nobles show me there are more than one family of the Tenryuubito .... the first as we know is the Roswald's family from archipelago .. one thing more on the picture why garp only hitting ace and luffy he does know about sabo being one of the world nobles... maybe from the clothes ... as i see sabo has the same clothes and hat with his father...

Gats
May 19, 2010, 05:24 AM
It's funny to read guys saying that a child of a Tenryuubito in this place doesn't make any sense. If it's like that you should complain about, well at least, 50% of One Piece's events.
Oda can makes a pretext for anything in this kind of world. He could just say that Sabo met Kuma and begged him to send him away from his family without them knowing or something. (now that I think about it, it's quite possible)

Bertosch
May 19, 2010, 05:30 AM
the thing about sabo being one of the world nobles show me there are more than one family of the Tenryuubito .... the first as we know is the Roswald's family from archipelago .. one thing more on the picture why garp only hitting ace and luffy he does know about sabo being one of the world nobles... maybe from the clothes ... as i see sabo has the same clothes and hat with his father...

Sure there is more than one family... otherwise that familiy would be incest as hell! And I guess some of them are more human than these pricks from shabondy.

I am a bit surprised that Luffy didn't recognized the word tenryubito earlier. There should have been some recognition on the archipel. But nothing? Not really thought through by ODA!

Shiro-kun
May 19, 2010, 05:41 AM
When Hachi told Luffy about the Tenryubito and Stay away from trouble with them , he just ends the remark with "....sure" or something of that sort. so those scenes could be still open to interpretation (since it seems Luffy likes keeping things to himself until something important happens to bring the matter up ..)

Hm Sabo being a Tenryubito brings new light to the class, Before we just generalized that most Tenryubito were pompous jackass monsters that had no grip on the values of morality of sentient life.

ScorpionGR
May 19, 2010, 05:43 AM
Sure there is more than one family... otherwise that familiy would be incest as hell! And I guess some of them are more human than these pricks from shabondy.

maybe that's why they are wearing different clothes ... because they have different story they are not the same from others .... they have their own rules i am also think like you said they are not all the same ... like this one sabo father showed mercy to luffy and ace..

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 05:51 AM
Oh lol the other one was fake, to be honest, I'm relieved :D

And I got it right :D Sabo is the son of a noble, though I said he was the son of the tenryuubito that was going to town.

So it doesn't end here yet. Can't wait for next week.

Marche
May 19, 2010, 06:00 AM
There are about 20 family, because there were 20 kings who created the WG.

Saira
May 19, 2010, 06:07 AM
woha, fortunately sabo isn't dead. i like him very much...cause he is so...i don't know.
However, when he really is a son of a nobles, i don't know what to say. I hope luffy will meet him later in his tour and i hope he is a ally!!
like ranigurung said:

ace is pirate king son ...world strong person
luffy is world most wanted ... son
Sabo one of the most powerful son ...who rule world
ace ,sabo n luffy they good team
its getting exciting!

ScorpionGR
May 19, 2010, 06:09 AM
There are about 20 family, because there were 20 kings who created the WG.

this is very good information ... i had the feeling knew it about that but don't remember where...

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
Didn't seem to slow him down at Marineford from putting his fist through his chest...

Not now, but maybe in the future.

And lol, I can see that happening. Srsl I can :D Though I kinda hope it doesn't happen like that. I dunno if Luffy would like to have his enemies killed on the order of a friend of his, when he himself doesn't kill them.

Or an enemy he has to fight in the future. 7 years under the influence of those people? I don't think he is going to be an ally.

That could also be true, but I'm betting that if he is still alive, his feelings haven't changed.

I can actually see something like this happening.

The Marines try and send a BL to the Strawhats again, and just when the ships are about to set out, Sabo appears and orders them to fall back, or else.

Honestly this brings so many possibilities I can't list them all.

Luffy finds Sabo after all those years and Sabo tells him that he truly regrets that Ace has died and there he tried to appeal to the government not to kill him and then joins the SH.

Or maybe the possibilities don't exist because he died of some sort :s

PH3000
May 19, 2010, 06:14 AM
People always say stuff like that when the spoiler comes out, and then change their minds when the actual chapter is released...

i was right wasn't i? ;)
usually i keep such thoughts for me but this time it was quite obvious...
but i like the new one.. oda got us again here, who thought of sabo being picked up by his father, a worldnoble? everyone said he'd die...
oda i love you:)

THM Nindo
May 19, 2010, 06:16 AM
Well, I guess the first spoilers were fake then... :tem

So, does that make Sabo the son of a tenryuubito?!

frontaLobotomy
May 19, 2010, 06:19 AM
Wow, the confirmed chapter proved to be much better than yesterdays fake one. Sabo being the son of an elite, how remarkable. There must be something about the Will of D. that brings people of that calibre in to their sphere.

moonster x
May 19, 2010, 06:23 AM
sabo cloth and the tenryubitou look same in a way...
hahahaa.. garp look friendly but he beat the crap out of them...
sure is nice chapter...

ScorpionGR
May 19, 2010, 06:27 AM
i was right wasn't i? ;)
usually i keep such thoughts for me but this time it was quite obvious...
but i like the new one.. oda got us again here, who thought of sabo being picked up by his father, a worldnoble? everyone said he'd die...
oda i love you:)

we don't know yet anything about sabo if is dead ... maybe in the present story he is dead ... he wanted very much to be a pirate also was his dream that or he is a pirate now maybe a famous one ... what i want to say is to early to say anything about it we talking about oda here you never knows what comes up ...

Shiro-kun
May 19, 2010, 06:28 AM
Garp's face is hilarious

Its like HEY!

*beats the shit out of all them"

man Garp is abusive O-o

jojoSB
May 19, 2010, 06:32 AM
Just a small info. guys, and to Akainu, I'll try to do this when I'm early enough...

The letters on Hannibal's shirt says promoted/ level up-like term.
His hand's lightly touching Magellan -sorta congrad ing him on that little catch!
As you might know, Magellan used to not like to open himself up to many others..
Also, a 'M' on the side of his jacket (an initial is okay i guess, as comparing to
him whole freakin name imprinted on it : D )

Bertosch
May 19, 2010, 06:37 AM
When Hachi told Luffy about the Tenryubito and Stay away from trouble with them , he just ends the remark with "....sure" or something of that sort. so those scenes could be still open to interpretation (since it seems Luffy likes keeping things to himself until something important happens to bring the matter up ..)

But he also reveals that he hates them...(In his chat with Hancock)

LG4Lyfe
May 19, 2010, 06:38 AM
Its kind of interesting to think what will happen next because now that we find out Sabo is the son of a Tenryuubito what does ace mean about the sabo thing? When his dad comes will something happen to Sabo? Or maybe ace gets mad for not telling him and lieing saying that he was an orphan. You never know this is one piece =P

Bonfire01
May 19, 2010, 06:51 AM
Well, the new confirmed spoiler is a lot better than that fake one. It also looks like the words "that sabo thing" will make a lot more sense thean Sabo just dying to protect Ace and Luffy.

Sabo being a Noble's sone was a really nice twist. Pretty hard to guess and ties things up really neatly. I'm looking forwards to the complete chapter.

THM Nindo
May 19, 2010, 06:59 AM
And it means that Sabo is still alive!
And with the next arc probably being about the Tenryuubito, we just got a new contender for the next strawhat.

I could totally see Sabo becoming a strawhat!
This is something that the crew doesn't have, a noble! :tem

bittman
May 19, 2010, 07:03 AM
Thank god the flashback isn't over like the fakes had it going on. After posting some things rubbishing it earlier, I was half worried Oda would pull out an enormous crap-move like that.

Shouldn't have doubted my gut instinct there.

Sabo the Tenryuubito is a nice twist (Well I assume Tenryuubito, though they do just say noble in the trans). Hoping the flashback will not only serve to enhance the depth of Ace and Luffy's relationship, but also enhance the current plot setting by providing more information, or at least emotional connection, to the Tenryuubito.

I also can't help but feel the Tenryuubito are also being built up for something in the future. Sure, what we've seen is weak, spoilt nobles, but if that's all they were to the entire storyline they were pointless to introduce. Still, even weak + spoilt nobles can hire some good bounty hunters or slave traders. Perhaps the Tenryuubito will become the villain of the Fishman Island arc?

@THM Nindo above: Well Sabo lives for now, flashback aint over till the fat lady (Dadan) sings. I don't mind the idea of a "noble" noble in the SH crew though ;)

igosuki
May 19, 2010, 07:18 AM
Sabo will now obviously become the next straw hat.

OQO
May 19, 2010, 07:45 AM

I hope! I've started to like him a lot! :D

Really a good chapter; it wasn't predictable at all! The plot is hugely going on and, what else? I love Oda <3

PH3000
May 19, 2010, 07:45 AM

why? where did you see that? and what makes it obviously? i did not read something like that.

OQO
May 19, 2010, 07:49 AM
Maybe he won't become a SH, but I'm sure we're gonna see him again (next chapter?? :p)!! And he's going to have some kind of key role.

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 07:49 AM
Cause if he is still alive, and if he still has the same feelings from before, he'll want to continue Ace's legacy and protect Luffy.

Lets face it, we've been wanting a new SH for a long time, people say that Boa and Jinbei can't join because they are too powerful. We don't know if he is still alive and what kind of training, if any, he had, but we do know that he was indeed strong for a kid.

chess4
May 19, 2010, 07:53 AM

he certainly belongs in the discussion for now anyway

JetPistol
May 19, 2010, 07:58 AM
well i dont know about you guys...but that was certainly a major twist lol

Shiro-kun
May 19, 2010, 08:00 AM
why? where did you see that? and what makes it obviously? i did not read something like that.

Anyone is a candidate it seems nowadays :darn

JetPistol
May 19, 2010, 08:07 AM
Interesting, that you mentioned the weak, and spoiled Tenryubitos. I also thought there is maybe something more to them then that. It could be possible that Sabo's dad took him back and has trained him into a pretty formidable fighter, unlike the ones seen in SA. Looking forward to see how Sabo develops.

Bonfire01
May 19, 2010, 08:10 AM

He's definitely in the frame now but I don't see how Oda will get him to fishman island... I have a feeling the next strawhat will be picked up there since it's been a long time (in chapters at least) since the last addition to the crew and BBs crew just got a major boost in numbers.

I still think they will pick up a fishman next, but I can see why you think Sabo might get the job.

An alternative use for Sabo assuming he does survive the flashback is for him to have turned into a standard, self centred, evil Tenrubito and then he clashes with Luffy for some reason and regains his wish to become a pirate and heads off to the sea..... I don't think having him join the crew is the only good use for him....

Schabrak
May 19, 2010, 08:18 AM
That obviously was a wishful thought, you hadn't to articulate it so aggressive.^^

Hah @BlackHair; Katz; chess4: How could you even think of Oda making such a fuzz about a character mentioned at Ace's execution, just to kill him off within two or three of a flashback? :E

I would like to know how his character has developed in the last 10 years. If he were to stay the same, there should be a possibility of him fleeing again, meet Luffy in FI or somewhere in the NW. Or somebody get's captured in FI, taken to MJ, so the Mugiwaras would have to take a detour through MJ.

There is no way for him dying in the flashback, now that he has given up his freedom to protect Ace and Luffy.

jojoSB
May 19, 2010, 08:27 AM
..And after this flashback, Luffy's first thought should be - "Ace just died,
did you hear 'bout that, Sabo? " "You should be aware of it, do you not ~
'cause we're blood brothers, and... What you've been doing anyways??
Why didn't you come and save Sabo if you're aware that Fire Fist Ace is getting
executed by the WG!?... etc, then Luffy decided his next move is to find Sabo.

So then, to get to the Tenryu Luffy first need to get through fishermen island..?,
so he need to find his crew, then with Jimbei as guide, get through FI, then to
the Holyland..

PH3000
May 19, 2010, 08:32 AM
That obviously was a wishful thought, you hadn't to articulate it so aggressive.^^

it was not meant to sound aggressive :-P i just wanted to know why^^
i know there's a certain chance for sabo being a sh later on but when did something obviuous happen in op? (aside wb's death)

edit: i also do not think that luffy's next step after finding the shs will be going to maryjoa...
the tenryuubito (<-spelled correctly?) will play another big role in the future i think, it's not the time for them to disappear :) personally i don't want luffy going rampage there until we know what happened at the end of the blank century and what makes them "the world nobles".

frontaLobotomy
May 19, 2010, 08:33 AM
Talk of Sabo joining the Straw Hat Pirates maybe isn't too far wide of the mark. I've always had this sneaky feeling that a resident of Mariejois would end up joining them, and that would force the Admirals to maintain a healthy distance as they wouldn't be allowed to risk killing a Tenryuubito. I've never been sure why, it just seemed like something that made sense to me, the theme is not uncommon either.

Of course, this is based on Sabo surviving, which is still up in the air. Though another elite would work just the same

PH3000
May 19, 2010, 08:47 AM
Talk of Sabo joining the Straw Hat Pirates maybe isn't too far wide of the mark. I've always had this sneaky feeling that a resident of Mariejois would end up joining them, and that would force the Admirals to maintain a healthy distance as they wouldn't be allowed to risk killing a Tenryuubito. I've never been sure why, it just seemed like something that made sense to me, the theme is not uncommon either.

Of course, this is based on Sabo surviving, which is still up in the air. Though another elite would work just the same

i do not think he will die, after he gave up his freedom already to make sure ace and luffy could live on.
btw why does a tenryuubito have contact with a "mere pirate" like bluejam? i know they paid the tenryuus but why should a worldnoble take money from a pirate? don't they have enough cash?

Bonfire01
May 19, 2010, 08:49 AM
..And after this flashback, Luffy's first thought should be - "Ace just died,
did you hear 'bout that, Sabo? " "You should be aware of it, do you not ~
'cause we're blood brothers, and... What you've been doing anyways??
Why didn't you come and save Sabo if you're aware that Fire Fist Ace is getting
executed by the WG!?... etc, then Luffy decided his next move is to find Sabo.

So then, to get to the Tenryu Luffy first need to get through fishermen island..?,
so he need to find his crew, then with Jimbei as guide, get through FI, then to
the Holyland..

Nope, the opposite actually. If I remember right the Tenryuubito are in Mariejois.... or at least some are as shown in Boa's flashback. Mariejois is the other route to the new world that non-pirates use.

I don't think we will see Luffy do his impersonation of Fisher Tiger and go looking for the Tenryuubito up a massive cliff. I think we'll see him heading to fishman island as he had already planned (with his crew OFC).

(Mariejois = the holyland BTW)

Bugzee
May 19, 2010, 08:59 AM
Woah. Sabo a son of a noble! I wasn't expecting this. Dammit, how I hate it when Oda does that. Looks like we get some flashbacks of Garp too! :tem

I wonder how Sabo will get treated now..? It's going to be interesting how the three of them part ways...

Edit: Sweet. We get some gomu gomu training lol. :XD

jojoSB
May 19, 2010, 09:15 AM
Well, Luffy needs the answer, to Ace's death and peace;
his need to see Sabo becomes the next by choice...
that's what we're agreeing on or that's not what Luffy should be
doing? If meeting up with Sabo becomes his next goal,
it doesn't matter which route.

llmcduff
May 19, 2010, 09:19 AM
Woah. Sabo a son of a noble! I wasn't expecting this. Dammit, how I hate it when Oda does that. Looks like we get some flashbacks of Garp too! :tem

I wonder how Sabo will get treated now..? It's going to be interesting how the three of them part ways...

Edit: Sweet. We get some gomu gomu training lol. :XD
I love the twist. So unexpected. Now it makes me wonder even more why Sabo didn't come to Ace's rescue. Had he changed since then, it had been a long time. All this time my image of the nobles is that of a bunch of spoiled but weak bastards, but this may not be the case. If they are all like those we saw at Sabaody, then they can't have stayed in power for long. There must be some ultra-powerful, "responsible" nobles and Sabo could be with them. Kudos to Oda.

Razh
May 19, 2010, 09:51 AM
Seems like we have another character to look forward too.

Can't help but wonder if Sabo turned out good as he was or bad, like the other nobles. I always love when Oda expands the story. Luffy either has one possible ally in the future or a serious opponent.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, did Sabo know of Ace's origin? Yeah, Sengoku said that they were digging around for info everywhere, but if Sabo knew, it's possible that he was the source.

Amazeroth
May 19, 2010, 10:02 AM
i do not think he will die, after he gave up his freedom already to make sure ace and luffy could live on.
btw why does a tenryuubito have contact with a "mere pirate" like bluejam? i know they paid the tenryuus but why should a worldnoble take money from a pirate? don't they have enough cash?
Why would they shoot people without a real reason? Why would they behave like they do? Because they can and they are fucking greedy.

I don't think there is such a thing as "enough money". They always want more and more, money and might.
Just look at the rich people today. They don't stop earning money, only because they have "enough" :)

undertoe
May 19, 2010, 10:11 AM
Luffy is gonna go to the now-unprotected Fishman Island, where Tenryuubito will be looking for easy slaves. That's the most likely conflict concerning Tenryuubito in the near future.

hiper05
May 19, 2010, 10:18 AM
I personally think ace and luffy will try to rescue sabo from his dad. Which ends up a failure and sabo dies letting them escape. I really think there is no real need to keep sabo alive longer than this flashback.

Reasons I belive Sabo is died; Ace's hat(symbol of friendship/brother that he lost and couldn't save).

Marche
May 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
So Saboo is not a Tenryuubito, is a nobles Goa's kingdom.
And can someone say me this: "He was going to be forced to marry a royal princess, but he didn't want to.
His parents fought over Boa's attitudes, so he ran away from home."

If i remember in the right way, the princess was Hancock, right?????????
That should be really funny.
Anyways the part with the Tenryuubito in not beginning yet.
And Dadan seem really kind.

Gats
May 19, 2010, 10:37 AM
What does "Tenryuubito" mean anyway ? I forget it.

llmcduff
May 19, 2010, 10:44 AM
What does "Tenryuubito" mean anyway ? I forget it.
Tenryūbito (天竜人, lit. Heavenly Dragon Folks) Celestial Dragons

undertoe
May 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
I know the first character is "heaven" and the last is "person." I believe the second is "dragon," so they're often known as the "celestial dragons."

Schabrak
May 19, 2010, 10:46 AM
GIYF: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/World_Noble

I can't belive they mentioned Boa. XD There was never a chance for her to marry anybody from the nobles with a character as hers, her past on MJ and origin.

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 10:46 AM
Wait wait wait wait, it's a mistake right? Boa's name on the spoiler?

Akainu
May 19, 2010, 10:53 AM
no it's not Boa, they are talking about Goa (as in the kingdom or whatever it is where Fushia is located) as far as I can see and the B is just a typo.
it's interesting though that he is a 'local noble' not a tenryuubito, makes me wonder if it was a local princess too or maybe one from grandline, if not the mermaid princess which would make no regional sense, but it should be an island on the route no? otherwise they'd never meet :x

deffkryz
May 19, 2010, 10:59 AM

Well, Sakazuki is kind of an ignorant moron, isn't he? I think he may get into trouble.

Though Sabo, Ace and Luffy became friends, I think Sabo's link and friendship to Ace is much deeper. But don't ask why - it's just a feeling. I also believe that if Sabo ordered Doflamingo and some Pacifista to kill Moria out of the mere "trouble" he caused Luffy, it would totally backfire on him after Luffy punched Charlos. But maybe that's his way to become a pirate (and maybe Luffy's crewmember? :oh)

Okay - edit - screw this theory, if Sabo ain't a tenryuubito but a "local noble".

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 11:10 AM
Sabo: Ahahahaha, Luffy, you're so funny. I'll look forward to seeing your future!

Proof that Sabo will become the next SH xD

ish3
May 19, 2010, 11:14 AM
Damn he's a noble. That's very interesting. Looking forward to more of this flashback than I thought. I knew Oda wouldn't let me down. :)

PH3000
May 19, 2010, 11:15 AM
Proof that Sabo will become the next SH xD

no he only needs to read the newspapers :D ;)

ish3
May 19, 2010, 11:18 AM
Also if Sabo was going to marry a princess I wonder if it was Vivi. We all know Oda likes to connect shit like this.

beastboy
May 19, 2010, 11:19 AM
So, no Tenryuu this chapter, maybe the Tenryuu is the Sabo's Bride!

BlackHair
May 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
Damn Sabo is not dead yet. So we will meet him again.

Anyway, Luffy hears only the name noble right? not Tenyro or sth.

k-dom
May 19, 2010, 11:23 AM
Dadan spoke clearly of a tenryubito in lasy chapter didn't she. So I assume Sabo's father is one of them

hy4k
May 19, 2010, 11:29 AM
this is actually very important and very interesting

luffy has another elder "brother". not only that but his "brother" is the son of nobility whereas luffy is the son of the man who wants to destroy the nobles/kings/government.

the only brother luffy has left is royalty and luffy is a commoner/outlaw/pirate/revolutionary. things just got very interesting

frontaLobotomy
May 19, 2010, 11:43 AM
Ok, so Sabo is not a resident of Mariejois, but in fact a noble of Goa Kingdom? Does that mean the Tenryuubito are exclusively residents of Mariejois, while there are other nobles of similar status that reside outside of it? Was Goa one of the 20 Kingdoms of which the World Government was founded?
Ok, enough with the questions, my post is starting to look like the end of an Adam West Batman episode, but there's a lot of room for speculation based on what we have so far.

Schabrak
May 19, 2010, 12:04 PM
We don't know, as we haven't seen the parents in the spoiler. Never was it said, that nobles = Tenryuubuto neither nobles != Tenryuubuto, so it's all asumptions now.

But why shouldn't they be Tenryuubuto too? Just because Maria Joa is the place they geither, it doesn't mean they can't reside at other places too. Not all Kingdoms can be in the Grandline especially with the high marine presence in the Blue's. It would give us a reason to why the East Blue is said to be the weakest one(pirate wise), because the nobles want to be safe there.

Damn Sabo is not dead yet. So we will meet him again.

Anyway, Luffy hears only the name noble right? not Tenyro or sth.
Good that your wish didn't come true. :P

Tenryuubuto are nobles, can't say vice versa, but kings/queens/princes/ses are nobles. At least in my appreciation.

Edit:
Sabo could also have married a Tenryuubuto to become one himself, if he were only a noble.

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
Dadan spoke clearly of a tenryubito in lasy chapter didn't she. So I assume Sabo's father is one of them
She said a Tenryuubito was coming to the Goa Kingdom. So Sabo's father is a noble of the Goa Kingdom, not the son of the Tenryubito that's coming to visit the island.

It could end up being that Sabo is a Tenryubito, but imo this isn't the case.

Ok, so Sabo is not a resident of Mariejois, but in fact a noble of Goa Kingdom? Does that mean the Tenryuubito are exclusively residents of Mariejois, while there are other nobles of similar status that reside outside of it? Was Goa one of the 20 Kingdoms of which the World Government was founded?
Ok, enough with the questions, my post is starting to look like the end of an Adam West Batman episode, but there's a lot of room for speculation based on what we have so far.
Vivi is a noble and she is not a Tenryubito. Wapol was a noble and not a Tenryubito.

How the hell should we know that? :|

Romanov D Paul
May 19, 2010, 12:16 PM
There was no point in mentioning the Tenryubito if Sabo's father isn't actually one of them, witchin turn makes Sabo one of them as well. I alsways wondered in regard of the world nobel being all piece of s--- or not, but I guess that's too good of an answer form master Oda! On top of masterfullness geniality, he's Luffy SECOND OLD BROTHER! UAHAUAH! Looking forward to when O-sensei is going to show how Sabo, now 20, will took the news of his brother kikcking the bucket... and it's at least arguable that he will meet Luffy, maybe in the near future, and surely be presented with the chance of reasuming his old dream, taking the mantle of his deceased bro'... that's, well, romantic, as a certain chestnut would say...

Bertosch
May 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
no it's not Boa, they are talking about Goa (as in the kingdom or whatever it is where Fushia is located) as far as I can see and the B is just a typo.

And if not it could also mean: Boa Marigold or Boa Sandersonia

zerocooldx
May 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
My hat is off to Oda once again. I mean this is a very big, a huge revelation. Because now we know that there is another bother the Luffy has somewhere out there in the world. So now we definitely can look forward to Luffy and Sabo reuniting once again at some point. Although i'm not so sure that Sabo is a pirate. Also Sabo's situation very much so reminds me of Vivi and her stature within her Kingdom.

Cedde
May 19, 2010, 12:47 PM
Crazy idea... As the world nobles REALLY want luffy dead, or captured, maybe luffy will in an later arc get captured, and Sabo will be the one who releases him! :D

BetaRuler
May 19, 2010, 01:09 PM
I've been confused by these spoilers ._.

So Sabo is alive? Or killed?
Or this tree DF... Or was Dadan killed or wasn't she taken as a slave?

Oh well... let's just stare at the loving moment between Magellan and Hannyabal... Casual clothes don't suit Magellan too well XD poor guy, he sticks out too much to ever live in normal society! No wonder why he wants to close his heart off!

Razh
May 19, 2010, 01:12 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure Dadan is still alive.

Romanov D Paul
May 19, 2010, 01:13 PM
The first spoiler is likely fake at this point, the true one is the one beginning with Luffy practicing his attacks vs. Ace and Sabo. And there no mention of Dadan dying or getting enslaved.

monkey D luffy
May 19, 2010, 01:26 PM
I've been confused by these spoilers ._.

So Sabo is alive? Or killed?
Or this tree DF... Or was Dadan killed or wasn't she taken as a slave?

Oh well... let's just stare at the loving moment between Magellan and Hannyabal... Casual clothes don't suit Magellan too well XD poor guy, he sticks out too much to ever live in normal society! No wonder why he wants to close his heart off!

id say the first spoiler that mentioning dadan dead/capture is 100% fake. also the tree df still doesnt exist as far as we know. the real spoiler is the one that says sabo is a noble's son and a second "big brother" to luffy.

seems like the flash back ends next week.

BetaRuler
May 19, 2010, 01:32 PM
Thats cool,,, also, theres that new cover of the 3 Admirals, Garp and Sengoku, wen would we get to see pictures of that =O?

hy4k
May 19, 2010, 01:33 PM
i think you guys are reading too much into the tenryuubito comment

maybe it was just thrown in there as an "oh shit" moment, a kind of portent of things to come. we know for sure that luffy never sees a tenryuubito in his childhood and it looks as if this flashback is about over

papeles
May 19, 2010, 01:51 PM
Would be awesome to see sabo joining luffy's crew somehow. Anyways, im tired of this flashback and i really miss the SH's!

Akainu
May 19, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hm, maybe it's a little diffrent than what we thought.
It might really be that Sabo and his family are nobles, but not the Tenryuubito that were announced to visit the kingdom in the newspaper Dadan read. Might have been his princess coming to get him - wait, that's too smooth ...

maaseru
May 19, 2010, 02:05 PM
My thoughts are that Sabo is the higher up dude that told DOn Flamingo to kill Moria. Maybe Sabo will become some kind of ultimate bad guy?

undertoe
May 19, 2010, 02:06 PM
If the tenryuubito isn't a factor in this chapter, then why would it have been the cliffhanger of the last chapter? Oda would have just introduced it when he needed to.

k-dom
May 19, 2010, 02:11 PM
Well I think it is a bit useless to discuss it until the full chapter comes out. We will have our answer then. Also I find it would be more interesting if he was a tenryubito wrt the plot

Googlez_kun
May 19, 2010, 02:14 PM
I loved the scene with Garp!:lmao

Garp:Hi thar!
*WAM!*

RichardMNixon
May 19, 2010, 02:15 PM
And if not it could also mean: Boa Marigold or Boa Sandersonia

Why would it mean that? They're obviously talking about Goa the place:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/584/17/

RezzieThaRapper
May 19, 2010, 02:35 PM
Yay, Sabo is still alive... and since it said that he considered Ace and Luffy brothers, I bet that they find him later on with a Zoan fruit

Luffy - Parmecia
Ace -Logia
Sabo - Zoan

Oda does like to do things in groups ya know... :0)

Duzy
May 19, 2010, 02:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've got a hazy memory of Luffy screaming that Ace is his only brother at some point. The spoilers say the trio drank a cup and so became brothers. I'm wondering if Luffy's present attitude towards Sabo is as warm as it was towards Ace. I know he spent much more time with Ace, but at the same time he strikes me as someone whose feelings wouldn't be affected by something as trivial as time, if you catch my drift. And he didn't mention Ace until we all saw him either.

Super Angillis
May 19, 2010, 02:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've got a hazy memory of Luffy screaming that Ace is his only brother at some point. The spoilers say the trio drank a cup and so became brothers. I'm wondering if Luffy's present attitude towards Sabo is as warm as it was towards Ace. I know he spent much more time with Ace, but at the same time he strikes me as someone whose feelings wouldn't be affected by something as trivial as time, if you catch my drift. And he didn't mention Ace until we all saw him either.

I'm wondering that too. If Sabo did the cup exchange there shouldn't be any reason fro Luffy to not consider him his brother too. If Sabo had died at some point, Luffy would have said something like "I don't want to lose another brother!" I think were going to have to wait for a proper chapter translation before we can answer this one.

hy4k
May 19, 2010, 03:04 PM
i don't remember him saying ace was his "only" brother

i just remember him shouting "you are my brother" during the whitebeard war while rushsing the platform

k-dom
May 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
Well Sabo is not dead yet but the flashback is not finished. It's a bit to early to say he is definitively alive.
Maybe Ace and Luffy are searching after him in next chapter and bad things happens.

sarutobi_sensei
May 19, 2010, 03:28 PM
I also don't remember. And if he truly said, you are my only brother, then that means 1 of 2 things:

Sabo is dead so he doesn't count

Sabo isn't dead but Luffy doesn't consider him a brother because of what he did (leaving them for his family, even though he did it for them).

Ace is so cute on that panel laughing. Shame that he is dead :\ We won't see that smile again :S

And Garp tombstonned Sabo xD

Those must've been great times for those 7. Ace Luffy Sabo Garp Dadan and the other 2 followers of hers.

predsfan
May 19, 2010, 03:46 PM
Luffy, Ace, and Sabo all together creating mischief is just too funny :darn. And, is it me, or is Garp beating Luffy and Ace with Sabo :p.

OQO
May 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
From this new event: Sabo being one of the "drinking" brothers, I had for the first time the impression that Oda went back on his drawings... he just let Ace die (and Luffy actually did shout that he was his only one brother!) and now he is introducing, out of the blue, another one... it seems to me as if Oda had an afterthought, don't you think? Not that I mind, though, but... I didn't expect this twist at all! :s
Anyway, I'm sure we'll get new surprises next week. Things will change again!

Edit: And... the chapter is out on mangastream!!!! :D