PDA

View Full Version : Chopper's Ten Comments~ One Piece 435

Garaku
November 17, 2006, 10:52 PM
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4122/intronk4.jpg
Hoping to fill your appetites just as well!

What better way to celebrate Mangahelper’s Birthday than One Piece Comments?
As this is a very controversial chapter, remember to direct all complaints to the squirrel bin over there.
*Points to Bin Labeled “Squirrels.”

Oh and thanks again to Cez and Kokotas for scanlations!

[b]~~Chopper's Ten Comments~~
One Piece Chapter 435:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5503/1ww6.jpg
ATTENTION: It hurts.

1. I don’t think it’s a rabbit -.-
Of course it’d live. It’s ENEL’S lightning after all. But gee that’s some recovery time! Little guy really has a bit of stamina! So let’s see what we can tell just by looking at him…

He seems old judging from the mustache, enrolled into some sort of force seen from his uniform… and for some strange unthinkable reason I just can’t call him human! Now for his profession… he doesn’t look like a pirate does he? Guess the exclamation mark from the previous chapter was just for pain’s sake. Or… just maybe… He’s an army moon pirate recruiting soldiers for domination over the secret weapon known as the moon!

Alright that last line there was just a crazy out of mind theory for those without humor :p.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2184/2xa4.jpg
Together, a dream and ship are made.

2. What else are friends for?
So it turns out Franky is the only dismantler with decent building skills thanks to Old-Man Tom. Sure the rest of the family can build a house, but a dreamship is definitely on a whole new level.

But of course where would you be without friends? Now with the official help of the Galle-La Company, Franky’s dream and Merry’s successor have just boarded the speedway to completion!
Hmm… you’d think during all this, the rest of the Franky Family would at least help carry the wood around. Then again, they may have had some work time while Oda wasn’t drawing. It’s up to you to choose what to believe.

Whatever scenario one point still stands, A SHIP IS GOING TO BE BORN!

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6507/3qf4.jpg
The News is Out!

3. Aokiji does it again...
News and report of Enies Lobby has finally gotten out! According to Robin, the Ice Admiral (No pun intended, seriously. Cool how it almost sounds like one though huh?) managed to keep the whole of the Franky Family safe. Unfortunately, the Strawhats are directed the total blame instead, including the results of the Buster Call!

Then again you could also call this good news since bounties are obviously coming out of this report!
So with your nakama back and no ship to ride, what do you do? Well...

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/57/4ek0.jpg
Relax!

4. 3 Rs. Restock, renew, and relax! If you want a recycling lesson, I’ll gladly give it to ya later!
After all the excitement that’s happened over this arc, the crew definitely needs to refresh both its spirit and supplies. With all that money remaining, no problem right? Turns out Luffy spent most of it on the party -.- .

Well they still have enough!... kinda. Chopper, Sanji, and Nami seem to have no problem buying what they want. Unfortunately for Luffy and Zoro, all they can afford is a vioent beating from Nami and a bunch of stingy Shop-Owners!

Honestly, is that really meat that Luffy and Chopper are eating? Looks more like candy to me….

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6660/5no8.jpg
Usopp come back!

5. Pride of a Man
Alone without his nakama, of course Usopp is filled with needed decisions. He fights over whether to lie his way back in, or go to Elbaf for a brief vacation. IMO the lying method doesn’t seem to fit his belief in pride, but then again just because nakama do stupid things, doesn’t mean that they’re outcasted forever.

Either way, I pray he makes the right choice that will help him towards his dream ,and the way back to his old nakama.

The Pride of a Man Is the Truth Behind our Strength!

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6711/6azl9.jpg
The Next Destination Is…

6. Merman Island!
Most of us, if not all saw this coming. As we are now officially half-way through the Grand Line and One Piece, Oda has kept his word on brining us the Wonder-World under the sea. Wait… UNDER THE SEA? In a way this resembles Skypia, but at the same time it totally differs! First we have an island totally not where it should normally be, and second with it being under the sea, how the heck is a ship going to get there?

Have submarines been invented yet? With the technology of Water 7, I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they had anything similar. And then… how will Luffy and the others visit or survive the island without drowning? So many questions, yet sure to be answered in a spectacular manner. And of course with Merman Island comes… MERMAIDS!!! Hehe can’t resist sharing this scene:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/476/6bbn1.jpg
Good Luck with your Search Sanji!

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6794/7fb6.jpg
The Bermuda Furarian Triangle!

7. As if it being underwater wasn’t hard enough…
With about 100 ships disappearing every year, and ghost ships popping up, we finally have an explanation to where all the victims of the Bermuda Triangle go!

This triangle definitely gives opportunities for more side-stories, and for the anime… FILLERS! Dangit Toei, they better be good cause Oda has just given you an awesome position to place the junk! Not much else to say except looking forward to it! Oh and here's hoping some ghost sightings will happen during their adventure in there :tem

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9024/8lb1.jpg
….FAST!

8. Ship Construction and Completion…in the Same Chapter!
Hehe wouldn’t expect any less from the shipwrights of Galle-La and Franky! Not only did they manage to finish the ship before a week, but even before the 5 day limit ended! Simply amazing!

Now about the ship’s appearance, if Chimney says that it looks awesome, I’ll believe her! Can’t wait to see the results of Franky’s dream!

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/1719/016017ll0.png
FINALLY WHAT WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

9. Bounties Revealed!
…. FIFTY? PET? SH!TY MARINES I’M GONNA KILL THEM!!!!!!

*Cough* Sorry lost control. Haha ya this part of the chapter is definitely gonna arouse a number of different opinions due to certain fans and their favorite characters. From an unprejudiced view, I have to admit the bounties are fair enough. The newbies, have had a nice increase in bounties, and with Zoro and Luffy increasing the most. Some fans have complained about the big gap between the two big bounties, but remember that the posters just represent the government’s view on them, not their power level. Also for some reason I think Aokiji had something to do with Robin’s subtle 1mil increase.

On the topic of pictures, dang the resources of the marines really surprise me. But to be able to take a picture of bikini-Nami, but none of Sanji? That’s just ridiculous!

Fifty and pet… grrr… I hope for a “Hunt Down the Marine Photographers and Bounty Makers” Arc to come up for vengeance!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7437/10po3.jpg
Franky Kaizoku!

10. And another long awaited moment!
With the discovery of Franky’s bounty poster among the bunch, the Franky Family has wasted no time in sending him off. Looks like Franky is gonna be the newest member of the Strawhat Pirates! But then again, my friend reminds me that Luffy or Franky can still just say no.

Then there’s the fact of Franky being the son of a pirate? Be it a famous pirate or a total no-name? Let’s hope we find out soon!

Rating: This chapter was good but just not up to par with the past chapters. I can’t quite note what is dragging it down, but for its lack of a perfect score, feel free to blame the @#$!@#$~!# marines! This chapter gets a 4.5 out of 5 bentos for supernatural reasons!

Robotic Red
November 17, 2006, 11:19 PM
I predict that the next villain will be Jimbei.

white silver
November 17, 2006, 11:28 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Wow, that was some quick comments. I'll send in mine today or maybe tomorrow. Too TIRED! Well I'll comment once you finished with your comments. See ya!

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 18, 2006, 09:32 AM
Gr8 as usual ;)

Sanji
November 18, 2006, 12:27 PM
wow nice nice and bravo ^_^

venicia777
November 18, 2006, 05:54 PM
1. I don’t think it’s a rabbit -.-
Of course it’d live. It’s ENEL’S lightning after all. But gee that’s some recovery time! Little guy really has a bit of stamina! So let’s see what we can tell just by looking at him…

He seems old judging from the mustache, enrolled into some sort of force seen from his uniform… and for some strange unthinkable reason I just can’t call him human! Now for his profession… he doesn’t look like a pirate does he? Guess the exclamation mark from the previous chapter was just for pain’s sake. Or… just maybe… He’s an army moon pirate recruiting soldiers for domination over the secret weapon known as the moon!

Alright that last line there was just a crazy out of mind theory for those without humor :p.

2. What else are friends for?
So it turns out Franky is the only dismantler with decent building skills thanks to Old-Man Tom. Sure the rest of the family can build a house, but a dreamship is definitely on a whole new level.

But of course where would you be without friends? Now with the official help of the Galle-La Company, Franky’s dream and Merry’s successor have just boarded the speedway to completion!
Hmm… you’d think during all this, the rest of the Franky Family would at least help carry the wood around. Then again, they may have had some work time while Oda wasn’t drawing. It’s up to you to choose what to believe.

Whatever scenario one point still stands, A SHIP IS GOING TO BE BORN!

3. Aokiji does it again...
News and report of Enies Lobby has finally gotten out! According to Robin, the Ice Admiral (No pun intended, seriously. Cool how it almost sounds like one though huh?) managed to keep the whole of the Franky Family safe. Unfortunately, the Strawhats are directed the total blame instead, including the results of the Buster Call!

Then again you could also call this good news since bounties are obviously coming out of this report!
So with your nakama back and no ship to ride, what do you do? Well...

10. And another long awaited moment!
With the discovery of Franky’s bounty poster among the bunch, the Franky Gamily has wasted no time in sending him off. Looks like Franky is gonna be the newest member of the Strawhat Pirates! But then again, my friend reminds me that Luffy or Franky can still just say no.

Then there’s the fact of Franky being the son of a pirate? Be it a famous pirate or a total no-name? Let’s hope we find out soon!

1) I never really expected Enel to find anyone on the Moon. i was praying that THAT would be more punishment for his insolence in playing God and hurting people in Skypiea. And was probably thinking of the real world. Of course i forgot this was ODA's world. Anything is possible.

I am really interested in what kind of people or living beings dwell in that world (the moon). Are they as variable as the those in Luffy's world- giants, mermaids, fishmen and mermen, etc etc.

i guess this should also provide more fodder for Filler Episodes in the anime.

2) when i saw that Franky was doing it by himself i was a little bit shocked. With the way iceberg helped the mugiwara's i always expected that he will be at least involved in building the ship. even if Franky had bought the adam tree for the keel. I am glad that the galley la company came to chip in.

This should be beautiful and grandiose. Frankys dream!!! Battleship with icebergs finesse and touches.

3) i was really shocked when Robin had just a million's worth increase in her bounty. For someone whom the WG was busily trying to eradicate, and one who has in addition joined the WG's probably most wanted crew, that was amazing.

aNd then i remembered Aokiji's last discussion with Robin during the Mugiwara's party. He promised Robin that he was going to keep his PROMISE to Saul. And i guess he had a serious hand in not raising her bounty that high.

10) the Mugiwara's clearly need a carpenter. Usopp has been doing his best till now. And on top of that i guess Franky has a chance to achieve his dream. That is to actually ride on and manage the dream boat he designed and help build.

goofy_man
November 18, 2006, 10:46 PM
I predict that the next villain will be Jimbei.

I agree that Jimbei should be introduced already....and the fact that they are heading for Merman Island is a perfect setup for an introduction to the 5th known (to us and the Straw Hats) Shikibukai....

Is it just me, or does Nami look like she's TOPLESS in that shot where Kokoro reassures Sanji that not all mermaids are as old as she is??

As for photos....something tells me that Sanji will take a nod from Usopp and re-assume the Mr. Prince identity....if only for a brief time.

Speaking of Usopp, I have a feeling that he'll show up as SogeKing, then either Sanji or Zoro will get vehemently pissed and yank off his mask and reveal him to Luffy, just to settle things between them.

Typo note: Comment 10--you typed "Franky Gamily" by mistake.

Garaku
November 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
Hmm.... I see a shirt. Also if she was topless, I don't think Sanji would be pouting :noworry.

Hehe yes Jimbei is finally coming!! But for some reason I don't feel like he's bloodthirsty and greedy as Arlong.... maybe because he's in the territory of a "Wonder-World?"

And you know, I've been wondering for a while what "Gamily" actually meant :p. *Sneaks off to the edit button*
Thanks for the support everyone~! :tem

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 12:25 AM
0- Great job

1- my rabit theory failed, it turn out to be a man which fulfilled half of my other theory a mole (the man here probably dugging for hole on the moon) (that's why there are holes on the moon)

2- the way the pictures showed the hard work (not) they put in (as I see it, it would took them years and years to finished a good ship)

3- the Ice Admiral had made the Strawhats more famous (YAY)

4- I don't get it- Zoro is one of the hero who save Iceberg-something guy. They should give him all the free swords in the world (but then again if that happened it would not be Oda's style)

5- Usop want to be a strawhat, he like Nami (sky island arc-refused to get the rich without sharing with nakama) so USop want to adventure to Elbaf with nakama

6- 100% Jimbei (like others post before me) would showed up, plus maybe the returned of Arlong. (who know)

7- I think (i know not sure) I was the first who made the connection of the mystery-triangle and The bermuda triangle, I read Doreamon (it a manga for younger kid) (read it long time ago. Note: Naruto's author (can't remember how to spell his name) had read it too). There was a volume about the triangle. It was about robot who created the disappereances and planning to erupted the volcanoes (underwater) into a chain of reaction and destroy the world.

Connection: we know about underwater volcano in One Piece when they meet Mr. 2 (the steam). And we know Jimbei and merman who rule the underwater they can do that too. So they maybe behind the ship disappering and planning something big just like Crocodile's BW and Flamingo's The new age.

8- speaking of impossibility (sometime i forgot this is just a manga)

9- totally love it (made me laugh so hard) I think the chapter desevered a 5 out of 5 because of this. Oda keep surprising people. His style is most unique. Sanji pic which made (credit go to other who thought of it and upcourse Oda) Sanji can go undercover. Chopper's bounty, I thought it have something to do with Foxy's pirate crew. Hillarious, everybody thinking Chopper will got a 50 million berries and we got the 50 right. Robin didn't do anything in that chapper (beside slappying spandam's face) got only a million up is understandable. If she got like a 500 million berries raised it would caused chaos. What good a bounty if nobody claimed it (too afraid to face the criminal). Sogeking and Nami both desevered more. But sogeking didn't defeat any cp9 member, while Nami's surprise face sompensate for that.

10- My other theory of Franky not joined is also now proved to be incorrect. Before i thought there no way Franky will left Franky's family (especially if they got bounty). But now it made sense why he must joined luffy. (wikipedia) also show a hint that Franky joined Strawhat bc Luffy draw his carpenter as a cybor.

11- Once again good job. Can't wait for White Silver's comment. And I was waiting to have the first post but it was not bold and I didn't noticed that this is new.

One random thought- Died 4 kids (nah that too old of a joke)

white silver
November 19, 2006, 04:32 AM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]You know what Garaku, check out my comments and the pictures we used are "eerily" similar! I swear I have not seen your completed comments until now!!

ShgnLW
November 19, 2006, 04:48 AM
my breath stinks at alcohol...

...oh yeah you are a concept stealer :D Doesn't gold knight have the copyright on this kind of aticles? bablala!!!

If anyone's wondering what's up with ShgnLW, he's drunk. ~ Ayah

white silver
November 19, 2006, 06:31 AM
Doesn't gold knight have the copyright on this kind of aticles?

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Even if he did, he already issued the "rights" to us!!

Garaku
November 19, 2006, 04:57 PM
Wow... I never thought you could post with alchohal!

ShgnLW Stop drinking! It's not good for you! For people that know him personally, please beat him senseless of he gets drunk again. ~This has been a message from Chopper, captain of the S.P.E.A.K. Team. :Gaipose

Hehe Whitesilver, more proof that there is something supernatural about this chapter ;)

Movingstone- Although we all know here that 4kids is evil, doesn't mean that we can't spread the word to those who don't! :amuse

goofy_man
November 19, 2006, 05:09 PM
Hmm.... I see a shirt. Also if she was topless, I don't think Sanji would be pouting :noworry.
Well, Sanji did just have the image of mermaids looking like Kokoro run through his mind....

Hehe yes Jimbei is finally coming!! But for some reason I don't feel like he's bloodthirsty and greedy as Arlong.... maybe because he's in the territory of a "Wonder-World?"
I guess it depends on what Jimbei has been up to since his crew was disbanded....Arlong clearly abused the natural abilities of the Merman race for his own goals....Jimbei may not be the same....for all we know, he may be more like Mihawk: Only caring about a serious challenge and/or relief of boredom, and otherwise being docile and rather friendly....kinda.

But with the recent news of the Straw Hat Pirates circulating around the Grand Line, and the fact that they seriously defeated his lieutenant--and possibly killed him (Arlong is one of the few previous OP villians who has not been seen again since Luffy defeated him, so his fate is still unknown at the moment)--I doubt he's going to turn a blind eye to Luffy's crew and ignore them like Arlong did....he's probably going to have a few nasty tricks up his sleeve for when he crosses paths with the Straw Hats.

weixiaobao
November 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
Movingstone- Although we all know here that 4kids is evil, doesn't mean that we can't spread the word to those who don't! :amuse

double negative, I am confused. Anyway we should made a die 4 kids thread. But it probably gonna got block since it will be only spamming and flamming.

Jimbei- maybe nicer since he a whale shark (well whale are nice so whale shark are nice, wait shark are evil so whale shark are evil, wait I contradicted myself. And I am not even drunk

Garaku
November 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
Double negative... hmm... I guess you could look at it that way :p. For my defense though the phrase is commonly used :darn.

Translation of the double negative: Don't repeat what we already know about 4kids, instead spread the word of its evil to those who don't know ;).

And wait... did you say drunk? You're not planning to drink are you? :devil-mad

About whale-sharks, although peaceful you have to consider... they are the biggest sharks in the world, thus might even be up to giant standards in well... everything!

white silver
November 20, 2006, 09:08 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Oh my, a Giant Merman!

*here's a strange question*

A merman is the master of the seas right?? Suppose he eats a devil fruit, can he still swim??????*

goofy_man
November 20, 2006, 11:48 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]*here's a strange question*

A merman is the master of the seas right?? Suppose he eats a devil fruit, can he still swim??????

Good question....that never crossed my mind.....*goes off to actually use brain*

weixiaobao
November 21, 2006, 10:32 AM
Double negative... hmm... I guess you could look at it that way :p. For my defense though the phrase is commonly used :darn.

Translation of the double negative: Don't repeat what we already know about 4kids, instead spread the word of its evil to those who don't know ;).

And wait... did you say drunk? You're not planning to drink are you? :devil-mad

About whale-sharks, although peaceful you have to consider... they are the biggest sharks in the world, thus might even be up to giant standards in well... everything!

Oh, I am sorry it accually triple negatives, and everybody drunk at MH's birthday, the admin probably secretly drunk :kukuku. Whale Shark = giant = probably.

A merman is the master of the seas right?? Suppose he eats a devil fruit, can he still swim??????*

Nah, he probably throw up one if he eat one. and if he successful ate it, he can still swim in anything that is not water such as urine, coke, root beer, alcohol, more urine, fruit juice, blood, etc. DF user merman, will probably be a topic to laugh at among the society of mermen.

Good question....that never crossed my mind.....*goes off to actually use brain*

So, what ya coming up with. I accually using my stomatch to think. (this how it work, put one spoonful of food in then ideas just pop up before my eyes) (i know i'm weird :kukuku)

Gold Knight
November 22, 2006, 05:10 AM
Good job for a quick review, Garaku. Very nicely written thoughts.

As I just said now in White Silver's own thread though, my interest in OP is getting low - or is it just that I'm reading so many manga right now? - but thanks for keeping up the tradition! :thumbs

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 22, 2006, 08:36 AM

Don't think the can swim, but fishes can breath underwater, so he wouldn'd die....I guess :D

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 10:48 AM
Don't think the can swim, but fishes can breath underwater, so he wouldn'd die....I guess :D

Yeah!! they can always walk under water

white silver
November 22, 2006, 11:30 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Great, I just discovered the difference between a "mer-man" and a "fish-man". The former represents people like Kokoro and Tom san while the latter represents Arlong and his crew.

mugen
December 01, 2006, 05:23 PM
more comments please

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 01, 2006, 10:25 PM
[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Great, I just discovered the difference between a "mer-man" and a "fish-man". The former represents people like Kokoro and Tom san while the latter represents Arlong and his crew.

I thought it wasn't that hard to understand.
Where was the problem?

otaclub_87
December 01, 2006, 10:52 PM
i think jimbei will probably a "fishman" than a "merman"

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 02, 2006, 03:21 PM
Jimbei is for sure a fishman!
Arlong was the same species like him, so Jimbei is a fishman!

The difference between theses two species are explaned by Oda's definition:

FISHMAN: Fishman are like humans. The difference is that humans based on monkeys and fishman based on fish. so they have arms AND legs, can life on the earth, but can also breath in the water.

MERMAN: C'mon! Necessary to explain? Upper part is human with a fish tail.

Garaku
December 03, 2006, 04:08 AM
Quick Diagram:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/Hitmoncam/tempfishman.gif

Hope that helps :p

Oh and Chapter 436 comments are now up!