PDA

View Full Version : Question Zoro Too Sleepy?

anaskr
May 15, 2010, 02:30 AM
Hey i wanted to know something,
As we all know that zoro has the best sense for hearing in the crew, he senses the sound or even the danger before actually anyone seeing it !!

But I Guess When he sleeps he dosn sense these???????? Many a times the whole thing gets finished and zoro wakes up still not interested and just lamely asks what happened or something of that sort??!!

is it like he just senses dangers which are great or something?

LeDuck
May 15, 2010, 04:11 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/324/19/

I want to make this post bigger, but there's not really anything else I have to say^^

anaskr
May 15, 2010, 04:25 AM
ya thats what i wanted to say!! when something terrible happens zoro wakes up immediately !! i guess nothing else to discuss on :P
[hr]
well i guess zoro is a devil within himself !! he has got some power which is yet to be shown !! like the haki he also got the terror instinct which everyone is scared of

ScratchmenApoo
May 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
I think when he sleeps, he dreams being in a maze where he gets lost all the time. And he wakes up when he finally gets to the exit.
Coincidentally, that would be the same time danger arrives.

Razh
May 16, 2010, 08:52 AM
Sometimes I sleep light and sometimes I have a heavy sleep. Hmm, perhaps I could open a thread about my sleeping habits...

St Michael
May 16, 2010, 01:43 PM
That's probably the begining of what Eneru calls the mantra.

Well , I guess that Zoro saw the Franky's buddy will to hit him, even if asleep , and awake up.

Zoro slowly mastering haki/mantra through the second part of Grand Line seems obvious to me anyway.

LeDuck
May 16, 2010, 01:47 PM
It's called instinct, killing intent and plot protection, this has nothing to do with haki / mantra or anything else.

St Michael
May 16, 2010, 05:00 PM
Maybe , Maybe not.

Who doubts that Zoro will get sooner or later some haki ? You don't I hope. I may be wrong , but I'm pretty much sure about that.

Oda may have left some hint there and there. Maybe what you linked is one.

I'm just sayin' ..

johnnyb7
May 17, 2010, 03:38 PM
Nah he's not too sleepy, if he's attacked in his sleep he wakes up and can defend himself, just like Whitebeard. It's just a comedic thing lol

Jorge D. Dragon
July 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
He is really damn sleepy))) But it's a part of his image and I like it.:)

That's probably the begining of what Eneru calls the mantra.

Well , I guess that Zoro saw the Franky's buddy will to hit him, even if asleep , and awake up.

Zoro slowly mastering haki/mantra through the second part of Grand Line seems obvious to me anyway.
Yes I think I can agree with you, because he is really showing his Haki development through time, so it can be connected.:)

Fox666
July 24, 2010, 01:02 AM
It's called instinct, killing intent and plot protection, this has nothing to do with haki / mantra or anything else.It's a way to show that a character is strong. It's reasonable not possible in real life, however it works as a symbolism of strength, i.e. Ace attacking a sleeping Whitebeard.

Schabrak
July 24, 2010, 11:11 AM
Of course he's sleeping all the time, since he spends all his other free time training. Being exhaused he has nothing better to do but sleep. :P

hy4k
July 26, 2010, 04:14 PM
mihawk sleeps all the time too

vagabond87
July 27, 2010, 08:05 AM
Its foreshadowing from Oda that zZzoro have diabetis:eyeroll:facepalm
Just as guys before ma said he train the most so he need sleep the most.

DARK
August 01, 2010, 01:31 PM
For the most part, Zoro is seen sleeping while on the Straw Hats ship or at least is shown yawning. I can't elaborate much except that Zoro has an instinct for battle, so even if another swordsman approaches him while sleeping, he will appear as if he is awake and on guard. Not to mention that Mihawk, the person Zoro is striving to fight against, was seen sleeping in a coffin during the Don Kreig incident. Even if he was half asleep only a few minutes back, Mihawk was still able to cut down an entire fleet singlehandedly.

Having these characters sleep and act spontaneously when awakened is Oda's way of presenting them as powerful. Sure, we all know that Mihawk is powerful since he is a Shichibukai and the world's strongest swordsman, but he isn't arrogantly strong like other characters. The same applies to Zoro, but in a lesser degree. He doesn't go around flaunting his sword. It's to show that while these characters do have restraints, they aren't hesitant to go crazy when necessary.