PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Future divisions within the Marines.

Dark God Zeus
May 15, 2010, 11:59 AM
After the destruction of Marineford, the death of whitebeard's rule, and the desolation of Impel Down, the world of One Piece is in greater disarray than anything else we've seen.

The Marines themselves currently have lost several thousands of men, including some lesser vice admirals. Their main base has been destroyed, and a major associated fighting force, the shichibukai, has effectivley been reduced to four.

Obviously within the Marines there are conflicting beliefs of justice.

Sengoku: The current leader of the Marines, Sengoku believes in a utilitarian style of justice, or a consequentalist depending on how you look at it. Sengoku could have continued the war, had a team follow Law/Luffy, fought with the new Blackbeard Pirates, and Red Hair, but chose to end the war to save falling soldiers.

Akainu: A believer in absolute justice, an a current Admiral, Akainu is a relentless dog of the marines. He is possibily symbolic of deontology, or ethics which believe in "your moral duty", in this case, the Marines moral duty to eradicate evil/pirates from this world. Even if it meant sacrificing all of his men, Akainu would undoubtedly continue the war if he were in Sengoku's place.

With these two prominent leaders of the upper echelons, eshewing the other leaders and their hard-to-catagorize beliefs, I could see a future rift in the Marines happening, further causing havok in the world (but also sending a blow to "Justice" and helping the pirates).

On one side I could see Sengoku, Aokiji, Garp, Smoker, Tashigi Coby, and then various other soldiers from VA to ensigns. If the shichibukai had to choose sides too, this would get Mihawk and Boa.

On the other side I could see the gourosei (being the political power that agrees with them), Akainu, Kizaru, several VAs, and then a bunch of other soldiers. And then also Vegapunk, sentomaru, and the pacifistas, most likely from what we've seen. Donflamingo and Kuma PX.

chess4
May 15, 2010, 01:09 PM
i dont think the division will come until later on, when the "GREAT WAR" that will engulf the world takes place. i think aokiji, garp, smoker, tashigi, coby, and helmelppo among others will side together. i think when all that happens, luffy would have found one piece already. i say that because i dont think the one piece is just treasure. it is probably info on what happened in the void century. i think when it is revealed then some of the marines will be disgusted with the government and a mini revolt will take place splitting them up.

the marines are very much still needed, so i cant see them falling apart until the end. i think after the great war the marines will be rebuilt with aokiji as fleet admiral, smoker will be an admiral and maybe koby and another one of the one of the vice admirals

Marche
May 15, 2010, 02:50 PM
i dont think the division will come until later on, when the "GREAT WAR" that will engulf the world takes place. i think aokiji, garp, smoker, tashigi, coby, and helmelppo among others will side together. i think when all that happens, luffy would have found one piece already. i say that because i dont think the one piece is just treasure. it is probably info on what happened in the void century. i think when it is revealed then some of the marines will be disgusted with the government and a mini revolt will take place splitting them up.

the marines are very much still needed, so i cant see them falling apart until the end. i think after the great war the marines will be rebuilt with aokiji as fleet admiral, smoker will be an admiral and maybe koby and another one of the one of the vice admiralsI agree with you, with every thing than you have said.
In fact I think that the One Piece is the "real PG" (reread the chapter in which Robin read the PG on the Sky isle).
I also think than Kizaru is not from "Absolute justice", but anyways I also think than he will stay in that side for some reason (I think than the reason are from the plot of the story).

NoLimit89
May 16, 2010, 04:08 AM
Yea I believe that would happen also ^^^

and I can't wait for it.

It is gonna be awesome.

Is Akainu gonna be the ultimate villian? How about Blackbeard? Will BB grow to be stronger with a third mythical zoan or something like that to gain intangibility?