PDA

View Full Version : Power Level How strong is Uryu Ishida?

SuperShuter
May 18, 2010, 04:34 PM
Just currious how strong Ishida actually is as we saw his reaitsu was sealed against Szayel Aporro so he couldn't do much. He arguably did as much as ichigo did against ulquiorra although its not the best thing to compare how 'harder' someone got beat up than the other to judge strength. I'm not sure if theres been a thread about his power in the soul society arc compared to now. He couldn't get any shots off on mayuri before breaking that seal, but with his new rapid fire bow, could have he beat mayuri?

Frankly where would every one rate Ishida in tiers, or does he just belong with the chad and vice captains.

sort of a multi thread on Ishida as I'm missing the guy TBH :crying

freshseth83
May 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
Vice Captain tier, maybe higher if he could use the form he used in SS more than once. Maybe a bit above vice captain, but only maybe.

kkck
May 18, 2010, 09:17 PM
IMHO as he is now ishida is strong enough to easily defeat any VC level guy without bankai but also weak to be easily trashed by a captain level enemy.

MegaX
May 18, 2010, 11:24 PM
I'd say he's Komamura level, maybe a little higher.

Kaiten
May 19, 2010, 12:55 AM
Uryuu is one of those weird characters Kubo seems to find an excuse to trash. He had a great fight against Mayuri, after that he's been trashed by everyone but fodder. Yeah, his power was sealed against Szayel but he and a VC had to be bailed out by Mayuri after that atrocity of a fight got dragged out for a year.

exacta
May 19, 2010, 01:10 AM
I'm putting Ishida on Bankai Ichigo's level, or somewhere near it. Even Mayuri's fight with him was situational, since Mayuri used Nemu to give him the chance to paralyze Ishida. Ishida is definitely very fast, and a VC definitely stands no chance against him. His new bow is definitely powerful, and I also doubt any VC could beat a Privaron Espada. I'd say he's somewhere in the captain tier, not at the top though....

With that form he used in SS, he definitely is though. Wonder if we'll ever see it again......and I liked their fight with Szayel lol.

kkck
May 19, 2010, 01:13 AM
I don't honestly see how ishida would have a chance against a captain level enemy. I know he is strong but captain level shinigami -including komamura- are at an entirely different level.

EurobeatJester
May 19, 2010, 01:43 AM
I've always seen Uryu as a tactician instead of a brute strength fighter. You have powerhouses in Bleach like Zaraki and Ichigo that use brute strength to overcome anything, then you have people that rely on their own pride or abilities to get through (Soi Fong, Byakuya, Mayuri) and then there's a few tacticians that quickly analyze situations and overcome much stronger opponents such as Urahara and Shunsui.

I see Ishida in the category as the last two although not nearly at their level of power. I've always compared Ishida to Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho - fairly weak in brute strength but more than makes up with it his ability to calculate and break situations down.

Hystzen
May 19, 2010, 04:56 AM
im sure uryu could beat Koma so low captain i would say...he is good alot of people count him out but he has held his own against yammy and did good against ulq really not like he died like someone else (yea looking at you ichigo). :p

kkck
May 19, 2010, 08:31 AM
Ishida never held hos own against yami, he merely managed a sneak attack on him and made him land on a mine. He would have been in a lot of trouble had it not been for that landmine.

SuperShuter
May 19, 2010, 03:11 PM
I havn't got high hopes, cause kubo has just got into that un creative state of here we go lets show off all the vice captains new strength, then captains, then ichigos gang all at once for service. I think he just intends on keeping chad, ishida, renji and rukia as side shows... were not gona see a ishida on par with ichigo :upset

Jackk
September 03, 2010, 07:45 PM
I think Ishida is currently above a Vice captain in power and skill etc. ...but likely right below a low tier captain level. "At most" he could be at low captain level...with all his tools and techniques etc., but that may be stretching. Still, he's pretty impressive for a human/Quincy.

I would like to see more of him and see him get even more powerful though. I've always liked his fights, he always thinks things through and analyzes the situations during combat to come up with a strategy or plan in order to win. He also relies more on his brain and on his speed rather than brute strength. I also like how Ishida can take advantage of places rich in spiritual particles by absorbing that to make his attacks even more powerful.

His Hirenkyaku (basically Quincy's version of shunpo), his Ginto substances which he can use to make spells and explosions, his Seele Schneider (light/spirit sword?) which allows him close combat and can pierce harder stuff, and his spirit bow and arrows that allow him to fight with mid to long ranged attacks shooting thousands of arrows at an Enemy.... are some incredible tools and techniques. Heck Ishida can even fight while technically being paralyzed or with broken limbs... if he uses his Ransōtengai technique.

niblack89
September 03, 2010, 08:48 PM
Privaron espada are fairly powerful. Even Ichigo needed to Bankai in order to stop him. Ichigo who took out VC's easily. I say Uryu is captain's level but only with his special arrow.

daman246
September 05, 2010, 05:27 AM
ishida is above a regular VC but below a regular captain so hes probably at renjis lvl but below ichigo before ichigo went godmode

Jackk
September 05, 2010, 03:46 PM
If Ishida could get access to his final quincy form again, at what level would you guys place him then?

Definitely at Captain level of some sort since he easily over powered Mayuri and his Bankai back in Soul society....but how strong would he be? what other Captains would he be able to defeat the way Ishida is now + his final quincy form ?

Hystzen
September 05, 2010, 06:29 PM
i think uryu is border captain class...he would easily beat most of VCs..maybe hisgai would be trouble for him but rest he clean up with.

unlike most characters in Bleach Uryu uses his head more than fighting poweress..he outsmarts his oppentants then exploits it

if he had final form n had fights in rich spirit areas..then i assume he byaukya tier..

kkck
September 06, 2010, 01:58 PM
I don't think ishida is all that close to the captain class, at least not close enough to refer to him as borderline captain class. Lets take a look at dodorni and gantenbaine. Dodorni did extraordinarily well against shikai ichigo, that should be more than enough evidence that he is far above the level of usual fraccion or VC level. But then he fought bankai ichigo, who at the time seemed to have the basic captain level, and got the fodder treatment. Dodorni could not even defend himself. Then we had gantenbaine who was defeated by chad. Chad, being strong enough to one shot gantenbaine, was taken out by nnoitora is roughly the same manner dodorni was taken out by bankai ichigo. I doubt cirucci was that much different from dodorni or gantenbaine and yet uryu had a decent bit of trouble with her. Not just that but his strongest technique, sprenger, only caused superficial damage to grants, a captain level enemy.

In that sense, Uryu is more than strong enough to severely outclass a VC level enemy in terms of reiatsu and speed (strength is kinda not his thing so it is hard to say) but in turn he is nowhere near strong enough to even have a sliver of a chance in hell against an actual captain level enemy.

SuperShuter
September 06, 2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah but to be fair those fights were just drawn out to for dramatic effect, they all got their asses kicked before there trump cards. But thats the thing with bleach and its farrrrrrr to many characters.

Ishida and chad have had 2 proper fights, well chads captain fight wasn't even a fight. thats barely even enough fights to be classed more than fodder. Common vice captains get more screen time. I thought Ishida was a really cool character and was my fave but thats another thing tite has flopped. him and chad will probably only make 1 more camoe apperance, and will be have to be given a eyesore of a power up to match ichigo.

FML I hope bleach ends after this fight....lol

Xerneas
September 06, 2010, 08:07 PM
Both Ishida and Chad are between VC and Captain Level. To be more specific, much stronger than a VC but much weaker than a Captain, or proper Espada. If you consider the likes of Ikkaku and Renji to be weak Captain Level (I don't), then I would describe them as that, alternatively. For the record I think they're quite above those 2 as well. Privaron Espada are much stronger than Fraccion (Halibabes are excluded) and Ishida and Chad defeated them handsomely after all the plot-required "drama" was out of the way. At that point I thought they were seriously closing the gap on Ichigo, who was struggling. But we know how Kubo handled them after that. -_-;

As for FF Ishida, he'd be Senior Captain Level now. Probably even stronger, and I don't think I'm exaggerating. The guy one-shot a full powered Captain's Ban Kai using just a third of his power. Thats an Aizen-like feat. People can say what they want about Mayuri not being a "battle-type" but he's still a Captain and we know how much that means (unless you're Sajin). His reiatsu was even noted to be high, but unstable (probably cause he's nuts).

Then you factor in that Ishida was badly injured before he used it so it wouldn't be near 100% anyway. Then you factor in that his base form is way stronger now than it was back then, and presumably it multiplies from base like all the other transformations. Thats some serious power. Well...its basically endless power supply depending on location. FF is broken, thats why it comes at such high cost and Quincy just have that one stage. Maybe there's a reason why Ryuuken wasn't at FKT. More plotkai for Aizen?

niblack89
September 07, 2010, 07:55 PM
Uryu was VC level when he entered soul society and this new power made him lower class captain class. His new power will make him able to absorb energy like

elitefox
September 08, 2010, 02:15 AM
Uryu was VC level when he entered soul society and this new power made him lower class captain class. His new power will make him able to absorb energy like

Naw, quincy always uses the spiritual energy of other because they don't have energy like that. he surpass a lower captain level by sacrificing his power in the end to be normal human. Great power comes great price I guess, I think he can kill mayuri, hitsu and the fox at that time.

kkck
September 08, 2010, 07:41 AM
From what I understood, when ishida used the quincy final form he used power that was inherently beyond what humans should be able to manage. That much was said by mayuri and shown when ishida easily destroyed mayuri's body and his bankai. I don't think reaching captain level is altogether impossible for a human (I'd even expect ishida's dad to be able to fight at that level) so IMO ishida must have been stronger than any captain at that point for the most part. Not sure if above the likes of yama or aizen (regular shinigami version) but definitely above the rest of them. I don't think we will ever see that level of power from ishida again, even if the guy attains captain level power.

Circles
September 09, 2010, 04:23 PM
I think the Quincy final form is just like a bankai, but Ishida achieved it prematurely having a negative affect on him. His father probably can do it anytime he wants without losing his reatsu.

kkck
September 09, 2010, 06:29 PM
The quincy final form was stated to be something forbidden, the result of uncontrolled absortion of spirit particles. In that sense, the manga made it clear the quincy final form is not something that can be used. I don't think it matters who, the QFF will invariably rid the user of his reiatsu.

Judau Ashta
September 09, 2010, 10:19 PM
The captains got stronger since SS, while Ishida still isn't up to his old SS state. So I doubt he can really beat any captain now. At best he can kill Koma or Tosen if he had SS powers again.

niblack89
September 11, 2010, 08:58 PM
Naw, quincy always uses the spiritual energy of other because they don't have energy like that. he surpass a lower captain level by sacrificing his power in the end to be normal human. Great power comes great price I guess, I think he can kill mayuri, hitsu and the fox at that time.

That's what I said...

Quincies seem to use special Items to up their powers. Uryu would need an Item that could gather spiritual partials at an extreme speed. That sword arrow can pierce anything once it gathers enough energy but the arrow is limited and the opponents get faster so he will miss.

juUnior
October 31, 2010, 12:17 PM
I put Uryu Ishida as someone of captain tier lvl, just the lowest point of this if it means for power lvl of what he has shown till now <so more specifically: what he had shown in HM arc> That's clear to me xd

Also I would like to mention that Ishida in final form in SS arc during fight with Mayuri is in my opinion one of the strongest personas; in other words: while in final form he would probably annihilate any captain he would face <excluding such high tier as Yamamoto of course :p> Yeah, I'm exaggerating, BUT I really think that final form gives uber powers <especially in SS, where's ton of spirit particles xD>

btw. and that's why I expected Ryuuken to show during FK arc, to show what true Quincy can really do, for real this time without any such things as "final form" after which you looses power. Sad it didn't happen : (

Jorge D. Dragon
November 06, 2010, 01:58 PM
For now I can't see Ishida over a level of Vice Captain. He didn't take down any major opponent. To become Captain Class he needs totally entire level. Something like his Final Form that he showed in SS arc. But that form was a bit cheaty and it was for a short perioud of time, so it can't be taken in a count.
Captain level isn't only about tactically beating one or two so so guys, but have some stability, power and skill. Ishida wasn't even on Ichigo's level pre Ulquiora fight. And I can't see how he can beat any of the Captains now with out using his Final Form.

El Samurai Guapo
November 06, 2010, 02:12 PM
IMO We've seen enough of Uryuu to be able to say more-or-less how strong he is. I think the real question should be: How strong is Ishida Ryuuken?

kkck
November 06, 2010, 02:44 PM
If I recall, ryuken was actually training ishida at some point and is basically the only real quincy around. I think he should be quite strong, I don't think it would be unrealistic for him to have actual captain level.

conn-man
November 06, 2010, 02:59 PM
Ishida is between VC and C level, everyone seems to agree on that. Still I think sellee schnider is dangerous to almost anyone. Hopefully the time skip made him better.

As for ryuken I say he's gonna be top tier. His bow seems refined and his arrows are more like energy beams like Ishida started out with but way, way faster, stronger and bigger. He shoots them with incredible ease to.

crimsonlink310
November 07, 2010, 07:20 PM
Ishida is between VC and C level, everyone seems to agree on that. Still I think sellee schnider is dangerous to almost anyone. Hopefully the time skip made him better.

As for ryuken I say he's gonna be top tier. His bow seems refined and his arrows are more like energy beams like Ishida started out with but way, way faster, stronger and bigger. He shoots them with incredible ease to.

The scary thing is that Ryuken can shoot with one hand. Can anyone say two handed shotgun blast? lol

I think Uryu has leveled up enough to shoot arrows with one hand and will have a few new tricks up his sleeves in the upcoming storm thats sure to hit Bleach.

Crystal Black
November 08, 2010, 12:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned we can only judge it by how strong you think Ryuuken is to Isshin. Manga feats say's Uryu is weak compared to most, but I believe Kubo will improve on his skills and his character. That is if he was to make Ryuuken of any relevance..

conn-man
November 08, 2010, 10:59 PM
The scary thing is that Ryuken can shoot with one hand. Can anyone say two handed shotgun blast? lol

I think Uryu has leveled up enough to shoot arrows with one hand and will have a few new tricks up his sleeves in the upcoming storm thats sure to hit Bleach.

Oh man I didn't even realize he had his other hand in his pocket for every shot. He IS dangerous.

I wonder if ishida has a new bow? If he looks the same as he did in HM it would be a little bit of a disapointment.

Hystzen
November 09, 2010, 09:43 AM
i doubt uryu have a new bow it ryuukens looks the same as uryus.

what i want see i know it not canon anime but uryu held bow in one hand and seele/lightsaber and was ready to fight.

if uryu could use that fighting style he be dangerous...uryu must be near surpassing ryuuken in strength he was the most improved out of all ichigos group in last few arcs.

conn-man
November 09, 2010, 10:01 AM
i doubt uryu have a new bow it ryuukens looks the same as uryus.

what i want see i know it not canon anime but uryu held bow in one hand and seele/lightsaber and was ready to fight.

if uryu could use that fighting style he be dangerous...uryu must be near surpassing ryuuken in strength he was the most improved out of all ichigos group in last few arcs.

I say chad was most improved. Ishida is overall stronger for different reasons but I say he went up 1 level from what he was in SS while chad went up 2 or 3 levels from his SS level.

The one handed bow and sellee sounds cool but he said its not really supposed to be a sword so he won't use it that way if he can help it.

crimsonlink310
November 09, 2010, 06:13 PM
The way I see it is that Uryu will become the fastest character in Bleach while Chad will be the powerhouse. Ichigo is the median with his status fluctuating between power and speed status of the group.

1. Ichigo- Main fighter, extremely high close and mid range combat skills.
Special: Getsuga Tensho

2. Uryu- Long range fighter with high speed techniques and has back up plans. Subs powerful Ginto for Kido
Special: Licht Regen

3. Chad- The tank of the team and can strike pretty hard.
Special: El Directo

4. Orihime- Healer and pacifist of the group, useless in combat but the best medic possible. Lost your balls? Go to Orihime, she'll reject them back into existence ;)
Special: Soten Kisshun

Renji and Rukia are excluded from this list due to them not being human. Only Ichigo is an exception.

steelwingcrash1
December 12, 2010, 10:51 AM
Ishida's real strength lies in his wit and ability to judge his opponent's abilities. He may not have the physical strength like Chad and Ichigo, but he boasts speed and intelligence which the other two lack.

Evil3ye
December 13, 2010, 05:13 PM
I'd place him above lolRenji and slightly below 69 dude. The Vc of Tousen I mean.
Def. VC level though.

Hystzen
December 13, 2010, 05:16 PM
uryu is captain quality.

2 arrancar beat.. a pavion easy beat..after kubo did the comedy with pesche uryu owned her so easy.

threw yammi off tower with brains.

nearly killed a ESPADA if syazel wasent haxed with knowledge

he is captain class no doubt

Evil3ye
December 13, 2010, 05:36 PM
Meh, I disagree. Ishida got a long way to go to even be low class captain level. His performance against Szayel very poor, even though he was teamed up with an other character on nearly same level.

Vs Sunderwich he didn't impress either. The only good fight he had IMO was back in SS versus Mayuri. Beating a captain was indeed impressive, however, quite a lot of SS fights didn't make much sense, from today's point of view..

Hystzen
December 13, 2010, 05:41 PM
Meh, I disagree. Ishida got a long way to go to even be low class captain level. His performance against Szayel very poor, even though he was teamed up with an other character on nearly same level.

Vs Sunderwich he didn't impress either. The only good fight he had IMO was back in SS versus Mayuri. Beating a captain was indeed impressive, however, quite a lot of SS fights didn't make much sense, from today's point of view..

uryu can prob beat most vc on his own easily. (renji yup, ikkau depending on his attidue in the fight)

uryu can fire 1200 arrows in a volley..now only reason the arrows looks weak is hierro..imagine what happen to a shinigami they be peppered..not mention the fact his seele schinder is a lightsaber/arrow that drains reistu he can absorb with shingami made out of ...

uryu is dangerous.just kubo loves troll anybody who aint a Shinigami.

Takahashi
December 13, 2010, 07:48 PM

As far as SS fights go, that one probably made the most sense. Ichigo won fights through resolve, and the fact that he's the main character, Ishida won because he used the Quincy equivalent of the FGT.

Franckie
December 14, 2010, 12:51 AM

Didn't Ishida fare so poorly against Szayel because Szayel negated most of Ishida's abilities like he did with Renji's Bankai? And as you say yourself, Renji and Ishida appeared to be roughly equal to each other at that time. That would mean that Ishida is at the lower end of the Captain spectrum.