PDA

View Full Version : Chapter One Piece 586 Discussion / 587 Prediction

Pages : [1] 2

Akainu
May 19, 2010, 05:01 PM
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, you can check them out in the Spoiler pics and summaries thread (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60857) This is where you can discuss all about them. But remember no spamming.

Please remember: NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. This rule will be strictly enforced. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks :)

The chapter is out, get it here (http://mangahelpers.com/m/one-piece/chapters/586/) !

That said, discussion of the chapters contents are as always restricted to this thread for the next 48 hours --> May 28, 2010 20:01 GMT is the exact time ;)

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 09:50 AM
Woah, so Dragon appears there and probably that's when he fully decides to create the RA.

Iva also makes an appearance.

I think that Luffy and Ace thought that Sabo was dead and man will it be shocking to know that Sabo is probably still alive on the RA.

BlazingMonkey
May 26, 2010, 10:12 AM
My prediction: Luffy belives that Sabo died in the fire even though he joined the revelutionarys there for luffy said that ace was the only brother he had in the world...

or he just died we dont know yet :P

darklide
May 26, 2010, 11:13 AM
Woah, so Dragon appears there and probably that's when he fully decides to create the RA.

Iva also makes an appearance.

I think that Luffy and Ace thought that Sabo was dead and man will it be shocking to know that Sabo is probably still alive on the RA.

hmmm dunno i had the impression the RA was created when gold d roger died...i mean some time after that

And since iva was there this implies the RA was also there and active....

Finally i have to add, this chapter promises to be a good one. Maybe we'll finally get more details about dragon and about sabo's future

deffkryz
May 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
Um... is it only me or has this thread seriously decreased in postings? o_OMust have mixed up with the last chapter discussion/prediction thread.

Anyways, I'm very happy that there are spoilers out and excited about Dragon's and Iva's appearance

Sabo joining the Revolutionairies should be a great option, and I think that this comes even closer to what his dream is. I wonder if we already saw Sabo in that Revolutionary center back in chapter ... ur ... 440

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8763/45197123.th.jpg (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/45197123.jpg/)

At least there's the revolutionary that meets with Robin... ;)

jguardiana
May 26, 2010, 11:19 AM
i think this is a flashback would be a flashback from Sabo... because there are pictures in flashback that Luffy weren't there... and maybe Dragon take Sabo with him because Sabo wants to be free also

Finale
May 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
Look at the cover story of Robin in chapter 546. Maybe this is a grown up Sabo. But him joining the revolutionaries would be a good development. Also he may pretend to die in the fire so his family thinks he's dead but he doesnt get a chance to see Luffy and Ace before he leaves with Dragon. This could also bode well for a reunion between Luffy and Sabo cause if Sabo just showed up and said hey my long lost brother we would all be like WTH and thinking Oda just pulled something out hia butt. But now we are expecting it and looking forward to it. So now we see the flashback was meant to acomplish so much more than to give us and Luffy closure on Ace.

panasit
May 26, 2010, 11:25 AM
I thought about this too. You'd think since we thought this was part of Luffy's memory. But there are several flashback where there are scenes the character did not witness first hand. Chopper's flashback is one. Nico Robin's flashback is also another big one.

zerocooldx
May 26, 2010, 11:32 AM
Hhmm Dragon and Iva make an appearance. I'm kind of eager to see what exactly they were setting up 10 years ago. I mean we all know that Dragon had to have his start somewhere and Goa seems to have been it.

THM Nindo
May 26, 2010, 11:42 AM
Dragon!!?
That was unexpected!

So... does that mean that Sabo is in the revolutionary army!?!
That's a really nice twist!!

jguardiana
May 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
I think Sabo will go and reveal himself to Luffy that will give him the will to live again because the brother he thought that he lost, suddenly appear, and Sabo will give some encouragement to Luffy to go on, and tell him that Ace already achieve his goal and its time for him to go on and achieve his goal also and not let Ace down because he mourn to much... And this incident answers the thing Ace said about the "Sabo thing" might be the "Thing" means is the incident here in the flashback that Sabo was taken to them and they can't even do a thing, and this driven Ace to go on and became famous to tell Sabo somehow with the help of a News he's making accross the sea. And maybe a way to tell him that he achieved the promise they made, the three of them

beastboy
May 26, 2010, 11:53 AM
I got it, Ace will try to save Sabo in the fire, and asks Luffy to ran..
Luffy runs, but Ace doesn't manages to sve Sabo!
Luffy thinks Ace is dead, but he isn't, and when he arrives he does the speech we saw in the WarArc!
But in reality, Dragon saved saved Sabo, and he is with the RA...

Vizard5
May 26, 2010, 12:09 PM
I got it, Ace will try to save Sabo in the fire, and asks Luffy to ran..
Luffy runs, but Ace doesn't manages to sve Sabo!
Luffy thinks Ace is dead, but he isn't, and when he arrives he does the speech we saw in the WarArc!
But in reality, Dragon saved saved Sabo, and he is with the RA...

i also think something like that will happen. however i think ace will meet dragon(cuz ace knows dragon is luffys father, but luffy does\did not), and he will know that sabo is joining the RA, but he will tell luffy something else, maybe that he's dead or something.

monkey D luffy
May 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
why do people insist that sabo will die?
heres whats gonna happen in my opinion:
ace and luffy get away from the fire and they see that the city is engulfed with flames too. ace commends luffy to stay hidden while he goes looking for sabo. then there is a giant explosion and luffy starts crying. we see a little time skip and then we see ace coming out of the flames and having a talk with luffy. they both believe sabo died while in fect dragon was the one responsible for the explosion and sabo is with him and iva.

El-Thor
May 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
Don't you guys see, this trash fire? Dragon? Ace getting his DF !?! Lol I dunno actually....

I really hate the idea of Sabo being in the RA. I don't think Dragon is "nice" enough to just take any kid into his future army. I also think that the SHs need an ally among the nobles and Sabo is to play that role. Sabo being in the RA would not really open up any possible avenues later in the story because Luffy's dad is already the leader and we saw Robin encountering them on one of the cover stories.

tothx
May 26, 2010, 12:52 PM
Dragon Dragon Dragon Dragon Mushroom Mushroom (http://badgerbadgerbadger.com/)!

Epic stuff, wonder if we'll see some of his power.

goldb
May 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
Hmm Dragon was an unexpected surprise. Maybe he'll save Luffy and Ace, without their knowledge of course. Here another idea about Dragon and Sabo, what if Sabo stayed a noble but helped RA from the inside?? long shot, but going for it...

RichardMNixon
May 26, 2010, 01:06 PM
Jesus, now Dragon and Iva show up? I think the flashback-haters owe Oda an apology. This could be pretty awesome, I just hope we get to see someone give Bluejam his comeuppance.

k-dom
May 26, 2010, 01:08 PM
Nice chapter in perspective.
Luffy fear about Ace being dead is probably due to this fire.
Dragon apparition means that the revolutionnaries have probably something planned with the tenryubito. And the suspense about Sabo future is still maintained.
Sorry for people who don't like the flashback thing but this one is far from being finished yet.

JC123
May 26, 2010, 01:16 PM
Don't you guys see, this trash fire? Dragon? Ace getting his DF !?! Lol I dunno actually....

I really hate the idea of Sabo being in the RA. I don't think Dragon is "nice" enough to just take any kid into his future army. I also think that the SHs need an ally among the nobles and Sabo is to play that role. Sabo being in the RA would not really open up any possible avenues later in the story because Luffy's dad is already the leader and we saw Robin encountering them on one of the cover stories.

Actually, it opens a TON of possibilities.

Sabo could be a spy for the RA. He could be Dragon's right hand man. He could know of Dragon while already changing into what he disliked as a kid. He could have mixed feelings about the two sides. He may have to face Luffy later on and decide not to, simply because of their shared "blood".

There's a lot that can happen whether Sabo is in the RA or not.

scott1uk
May 26, 2010, 01:20 PM
I check for spoilers routinely starting on Friday but after hearing that there was no OP this week the other day, i gave up looking. However, I thought i'd try my luck and BAM! Nice ;) So for deffrykz, i think the post count is low due to people now signing on, not expecting the chapter and also cos of the time the spoilers came out.

Dragon, Sabo, corruption, fire, it's all good and UNEXPECTED. So even though I agree with most of you on the potential future, I'm gonna have to go ahead and predict something else, like... Dragon uses his DF abilities for something and no Ace doesn't get his DF here, otherwise Luffy would know, The Goa Kingdom collapses, hence the freedom of windmill village in currect timeline, the king is slain by Dragon himself, Luffy and Ace have some adventure in the fire and almost die but live but later in the future Ace will die >.>

Oh and the Tenryuu we see will be one of the same ones we've seen before and Luffy did recognise him in SA, he just didn't know at the time what being a Tenryuu meant, so after Hachi's explanation, he was like - oh, i see... But he did see them before, just didn't realise how special it was, like he doesn't get that Dragon being his dad is big or Garp being his Gdad.

Luffycr
May 26, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hi guys!!!
This is my first post, i´ve been reading this thread for so long, now i´m a member. Well I think that if goda wants to show us this flashback is because there are important stuff to be shown in it, i like it so far more now that dragon appeared, i agree with everyone that maybe sabo is now in the RA
Regards Everyone
PS Sorry if i made mistakes while posting im not native speaker

chess4
May 26, 2010, 02:04 PM
i still think this is sabo's flashback instead of luffy and ace's. if sabo is the next member then i will be ok. hopefully i think oda is doing this so we will not have to bother with his flashback when the others fight beside him. hopefully it will all become clear on fishman island later.

i dont thibk oda will completely give away dragons power next chapter. sadly we will probably have to wait another week after this one

hellz88
May 26, 2010, 02:21 PM
Holy crap Dragon.

Also Does anyone have some predictions on what Luffy's new Bounty will be?

I mean he hit the tenryu, attacked the marines outside of the auction house, broke into Impel down, Got into a few fights with the Prison Guards, Broke out of Impel down with a ton of high ranking prisoners, and the whole war arc.

I think after all this once the new bounties are up the whole crew's bounty should be over 1 billion(it's at like 700 million right now)

k-dom
May 26, 2010, 02:22 PM
Oda is revealing some plot thanks to the flashback like he did with the poneglyph in Robin one. Here we have something wrt the tenryubito and the nobles.

Rikudou Sennin
May 26, 2010, 02:23 PM
If Sabo did really join the RA I'm dissapointed in one way:

How the hell could they then have stand there and watch his "brother" getting executed.

Revive ace please, Oda-sama.

Romanov D Paul
May 26, 2010, 02:43 PM
Mighty Dragon showing up in the middle of the fray is really a big surprise... From what things looks like, I doubt he would simply let Sabo die in fire and be content with it. That doesn't mean he's part of the RA by now with 100% chances, but at least makes less probable that he died back then. Also, I wasn't able to discern the last pics but I can't see Ivankov being there with Dragon, he/she didn't even knew for sure if Dragon was from east blue let alone being already one of his companion when he was still on Dawn Island, or at least something like this would require a lot of explanations. Howewer, I already gave up the hope of a chapter for this week, so I'm quite happy to see things will be different :). And the approching epicness just makes everything better. Yo!
[hr]

Revive ace please, Oda-sama.

After this flashback, Ace will be very much alive... in the same place where you can find Sniper Island, the birthplace of the great Sogeking-sama: in your hearth (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/368/03/) ;).

Poneglyph420
May 26, 2010, 02:53 PM
I haven't posted here in quite a while.. so hey all!

The flashback "mini arc" has only added color to the palette of Luffy's past IMO. And Sabo either being dead or alive will likely follow the rule of Oda.. (If we see them die they are dead, if not all bets are off...)

With all the time and detail that's been spent here it sure would be a waste if at this point nothing comes of it. I mean sure this flashback was essential to add depth and emotional bonding to the past.. But I can't imagine that Sabo would be dead and forgotten at this juncture.

I personally love the little bugger! More than anything it's been nice to see the Kingdom that Luffy was raised in and to see Luffy before he was capable.

Week after week Oda has delivered a progressive and cohesive story..

I'd think that Sabo as a member of the RA would be cool, but didn't he promise his "brothers" he'd become a pirate????

Gats
May 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
So few answers here. Could it be that many people are thinking there are not chapter because "we" said so in the discussion/prediction thread and then don't even look here ? :D

Dragon is not very at his very beginning, there is already Iva and he's wearing his coat to hide his face.

hibar90
May 26, 2010, 03:05 PM
+1 to Sabo being in RA.

@El-Thor. Giving Luffy connection to nobles seems to corrupted for the naive Luffy. If it's for the sake of a plot shield in the future like bailing out Luffy, any character will do not only Sabo.

When someday Luffy met Dragon it's gonna be awkward. They don't know anything about each other.Sabo being in RA provide Luffy a connection to his dad, and break the ice. So perhaps Sabo could tell Luffy a lot of info from foster son perception about Dragon. Why he abandoned Luffy etc. He could also be a powerful ally against WG in the future.

Sabo not going to rescue ace probably was probably against his heart. Perhaps RA predicted WB pirates is not going to stand a chance. And WB was completely defeated. Also there is no reason for RA to support WB just to save one member's brother.

Romanov D Paul
May 26, 2010, 03:08 PM
Also, I wasn't able to discern the last pics but I can't see Ivankov being there with Dragon, he/she didn't even knew for sure if Dragon was from east blue let alone being already one of his companion when he was still on Dawn Island, or at least something like this would require a lot of explanations.

Not that I like quoting myself, but actually there's no evidence at all of Ivankow being involved in this matter. The only thing I'm able to see is a foot of someone who seems to be a woman, witch certainly doesn't mean that this guy isn't Ivankov, but neither does confirm it, and basing our assumption on what we know, it should NOT be him. Also, if was some random Dragon's buddy, I doubt it would be meaningful not to show him... so I'm gonna throw it in and advance that this foot belongs to Luffy's yet-to-be-seen beloved mum :D. Well, I actually mean it. What you guys think about this?

kuroSaki_Ichi
May 26, 2010, 03:29 PM
oda really screws with our heads now....
one piece is too damn good....
seriously...dishing out dragon was a good move..
pretty sure sabo died in this....i would think sabo would have made an appearance for ace's execution if they were this said to be so close.

Duc :D
May 26, 2010, 03:30 PM
what the... is this Luffys mum in the last panel, or who else woudl call Dragon babe, it's obviously a woman

omegakirby
May 26, 2010, 03:33 PM
i also think something like that will happen. however i think ace will meet dragon(cuz ace knows dragon is luffys father, but luffy does\did not), and he will know that sabo is joining the RA, but he will tell luffy something else, maybe that he's dead or something.

This makes me think about an older thread about if ace whispered something to luffy in his dying moments, possible he told him that sabo was still alive

Gats
May 26, 2010, 03:34 PM
Smoker and Hina...Interesting. :D
Well after he is one of the very few she can't catch with her DF power :p

kuroSaki_Ichi
May 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
what the... is this Luffys mum in the last panel, or who else woudl call Dragon babe, it's obviously a woman

lol or it's just ivankov.. you know how he is

Black Mirror
May 26, 2010, 03:36 PM
wtf dragon~ nice.

I dont know if I'm the only one but is sabos little shitty brother flamingo?

he also has this fufufu-laugh... flamingo probably got some Sanji-beaty-kick during his life, and got some nice face as shichibukai.^^

I also wonder now, if its ivankov or luffys mom... if this were ivankov, why would oda hide the person? time to see luffy's ugly mother? XD

k-dom
May 26, 2010, 03:37 PM
Not that I like quoting myself, but actually there's no evidence at all of Ivankow being involved in this matter. The only thing I'm able to see is a foot of someone who seems to be a woman, witch certainly doesn't mean that this guy isn't Ivankov, but neither does confirm it, and basing our assumption on what we know, it should NOT be him. Also, if was some random Dragon's buddy, I doubt it would be meaningful not to show him... so I'm gonna throw it in and advance that this foot belongs to Luffy's yet-to-be-seen beloved mum :D. Well, I actually mean it. What you guys think about this?

I think it is the way she address Dragon that is the clue (the babe thing).
I don't know what was the japanese term but it must be a formula that give her out.

And this duo covers are really great. Smoker is awesome on this page :-))

Josl
May 26, 2010, 03:38 PM

Iva is written by Oda with a very distinctive speech pattern and this guy has it so there is no doubt

$nipe
May 26, 2010, 03:40 PM
You gotta love the last panel: "Will they survive?"

Amazing chapter, that's all I have to say! Great development and an unexpected twist at the end.

ScratchmenApoo
May 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
Great chapter, we will see Dragon, yay.
I think this whole incident will be the beginning of why Dragon starts the Revolutionary movement - to start fighting against the corrupt government.
And he seems to have one teammate already as well...

zerocooldx
May 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
Having the winds increase throughout the last couple of pages was pretty good foreshadowing by Oda of having Dragon make an appearance.

Lord Rayleigh
May 26, 2010, 03:44 PM
It's definitely not Ivankov. Look at his shoes, would Ivankov, the Okama Queer, wear that ?!
With the end of this chapter, Sabo is likely to join Dragon. He clearly says he doesn't want to stay here.

Have you guys noticed that just before Sabo meets Dragon, he is pushed back and comes down on the street while his hat and a bin are flying in the air ?
I think it's again Dragon's mysterious wind power.

Gats
May 26, 2010, 03:46 PM
It's definitely not Ivankov. Look at his shoes, would Ivankov, the Okama Queer, wear that ?!
With the end of this chapter, Sabo is likely to join Dragon. He clearly says he doesn't want to stay here.

Have you guys noticed that just before Sabo meets Dragon, he is pushed back and comes down on the street ? Another reference to Dragon's wind power.

MMmh what about yes ?
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/538/02/
He can be in a woman hood, besides they are in a territory controled by the WG so I wouldn't be surprised if Iva had to hide behind a normal woman shape.

shluffy
May 26, 2010, 03:50 PM
"...I think I understand... for I too was born in this kingdom"
- Dragon

WTF. Does this mean that Dragon is a noble cause then that means that Luffy is a noble aswell??

DARK
May 26, 2010, 03:52 PM
Awesome chapter- Dragon appearing in the end is a nice surprise, and made this flashback mini-arc a whole lot better! I feel sorry for Sabo, being forced into nobility and hating his family so much that he wish he was never one of them.

Gats
May 26, 2010, 03:52 PM
"...I think I understand... for I too was born in this kingdom"
- Dragon

WTF. Does this mean that Dragon is a noble cause then that means that Luffy is a noble aswell??

There are not only nobles in Goa Kingdom, or in a kingdom at all. I don't know why you're thinking that.

Josl
May 26, 2010, 03:55 PM

Ivankov has in japanese an unique speech pattern. cnet for example translates We in "Ve" to show this unique speech pattern. Oda would never use the EXACT same speech pattern for another character because he likes keeping his characters unique.

So it's definetly Ivankov

BlazingMonkey
May 26, 2010, 03:56 PM

Dude didint you read the Impel down Arc many in the revulutionaries are trannies :P my money is on Inazuma

Arkadi
May 26, 2010, 03:56 PM
i'm 80% sure this guy is sabo
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/
if u look closely, u'll see that sabo has curly hair, just like the boy
the fact his eyes aren't show is a hint of that it could be sabo and..
he seems really young and has a HAT!
wich is another hint
and he is a high ranking officer of Dragon, and since sabo is at the same level as ace it doesn't suprise me, since sabo is stronger than luffy it'd suprise me if he'd join luffys crew

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 04:01 PM
wow, I felt all that Sabo is feeling.

That kingdom, it is totally mad!

Dragon's shocked face, damn, it's awesome!

I wonder if this will be the fall of Goa Kingdom.

Now I thought of something, could Garp be somehow a noble or something? I honestly hope not.

And I can't wait to see Young Iva's face xD
[hr]

Great chapter, we will see Dragon, yay.
I think this whole incident will be the beginning of why Dragon starts the Revolutionary movement - to start fighting against the corrupt government.
And he seems to have one teammate already as well...

Yup, I also think that, I even stated it sometime ago when the spoilers were first released.

Have you guys noticed that just before Sabo meets Dragon, he is pushed back and comes down on the street while his hat and a bin are flying in the air ?
I think it's again Dragon's mysterious wind power.

Why not? It can definitely be him. Only masked as a woman.

And it seems to be that way. I honestly hope that he does join the RA :D

wich is another hint
and he is a high ranking officer of Dragon, and since sabo is at the same level as ace it doesn't suprise me, since sabo is stronger than luffy it'd suprise me if he'd join luffys crew
Wow. that could actually be it.

BlazingMonkey
May 26, 2010, 04:02 PM
wich is another hint

We dont know if his still stronger then luffy alot can happen in 10 years (dont know if it 10 years but close)

k-dom
May 26, 2010, 04:06 PM
I wonder what Sabo father mean by 'for some circonstances his parents abdicated their child rearing' ? I bet their is something important their.

Kaiser Will
May 26, 2010, 04:18 PM
Wow, that's what I call a massive development, not only Dragon showin' up, but he is a noble himself, and in the end being leader of the RA. That's why OP is the best.

But, IMHO, I think the person that calls Dragon "babe" is Luffy's mother!

Vizard5
May 26, 2010, 04:24 PM
it would be awesome if it was luffys mother however i do not think it is her. but next chapter is gonna be great, mabye we'll get a confirmation on Dragons DF, hopefully some dragon action, along with iva, inazuma and kuma.. luffy and ace will obviously survive, but how is the question. things aren't looking too good for them at the moment.

BigCamaro
May 26, 2010, 04:25 PM
Wow, that's what I call a massive development, not only Dragon showin' up, but he is a noble himself, and in the end being leader of the RA. That's why OP is the best.

Really?
I thought it might be Iva and a different translation of the usual diction but what youve said is probably more likely.

This chapter makes me think Luffy and Ace assume Sabo is dead because of whatever happens at the end, but Sabo was somehow rescued by Dragon, and Luffy will see him again when he runs into his dads revolutionary army.

St Michael
May 26, 2010, 04:25 PM
If like some members said , the mysterious character at the end got the Iva pattern , IT IS Iva. And actually it's the first person I thought about when reading the chapter.

And Dragon is probably not a Noble... at least in my mind it doesn't fit to him.

Awesome chapter overall. Damn those nobles are really bastards.

monkey D luffy
May 26, 2010, 04:30 PM
i doubt this is ivankov, its the leg of a woman and ivankov usually goes in his male form. also the leg is too slender to even be female iva-san. this might be luffy's mom. note that he said that he still dont have the power to change that kingdom, which means his army is not yet assembled. also i think he is going to kill a tenryubito and will be known as the "world's worst criminal" from this day onwards.

Gats
May 26, 2010, 04:39 PM
i doubt this is ivankov, its the leg of a woman and ivankov usually goes in his male form. also the leg is too slender to even be female iva-san. this might be luffy's mom. note that he said that he still dont have the power to change that kingdom, which means his army is not yet assembled. also i think he is going to kill a tenryubito and will be known as the "world's worst criminal" from this day onwards.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/543/07/

It's Ivankov. Dragon not having enough power doesn't mean that he didn't started his crusade against the WG. Besides the end of chapter seems to indicate that he was doing something fishy. Which means that Ivan is just hiding himself in another shape.

k-dom
May 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
If dragon was a noble then garp would be too. I think he is just here to make a ruckus when the world government will appear
It's a pity Dragon didn't hear Luffy's name when Sabo called for them :-)

Ex-Shadow
May 26, 2010, 04:49 PM
Dragon appears huh? Very good chapter indeed.

it would be awesome if it was luffys mother however i do not think it is her. but next chapter is gonna be great, mabye we'll get a confirmation on Dragons DF, hopefully some dragon action, along with iva, inazuma and kuma.. luffy and ace will obviously survive, but how is the question. things aren't looking too good for them at the moment.
Nah, I doubt it, it's too early. Well, I hope Odacchi will show us a glimpse at least....

I agree with k-dom, if Dragon is a noble then Garp and Luffy will be noble too. At least, Garp will tell something like that to Luffy. I have no idea who will call Dragon "babe" beside Ivankov

Duzy
May 26, 2010, 05:06 PM
wich is another hint

That's Sabo all right :tem. And I already like his design, he should switch names with Zoro :p.

Big surprise that the chapter was released. I went on mangastream half an hour ago to read Shounen Jump's leftovers and BAM ! You just love these surprises :D.

And I'm really glad that I was right this flashback grows not only to be the best of all but also absolutely necessary for the present story to progress. You know, without any new brother pulled out of the story's arse (I no, the imagery of this sentence is disturbing :p).

monkeyD.
May 26, 2010, 05:13 PM
Loving the non-fiction within fiction storyline.

Vizard5
May 26, 2010, 05:22 PM
wich is another hint

if u look even closer u will see that the guy on that cover page does not have sabos characteristic nose, in fact it is the exact opposite. sabos nose is pretty special cuz it almost like a "half pig nose" and in profile it looks like this (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99305628/7).

so i do believe that is not sabo, and it kinda was a long shot to begin with.

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 05:26 PM

Well it doesn't necessarily mean that he is a noble. Other people live in Goa Kingdom not just nobles.

But Garp might be a noble therefore Luffy and Dragon are also one.

And if the person is actually Luffy's mother, I'll be shocked o_O

What if, the person that called him babe, is either crocodile or Kuma? xD

That would be really LOL
[hr]

if u look even closer u will see that the guy on that cover page does not have sabos characteristic nose, in fact it is the exact opposite. sabos nose is pretty special cuz it almost like a "half pig nose" and in profile it looks like this (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99305628/7).

so i do believe that is not sabo, and it kinda was a long shot to begin with.
Well you do know that the body changes when it grows up don't ya?

And let's not forget who is on the RA, Iva and he can change any body part of anyone he wants xD

So changing the nose isn't actually that difficult xD

Vizard5
May 26, 2010, 05:39 PM
Well you do know that the body changes when it grows up don't ya?

And let's not forget who is on the RA, Iva and he can change any body part of anyone he wants xD

So changing the nose isn't actually that difficult xD

if u think that way, he could be any of the guys in the pic, or any of the guys we have allready seen that are in the RA. however for this theory to be correct we must already assume that sabo is in fact in the RA. Which in itself is really uncertain. and in the past in the manga the only one actually changing with age is coby, everyone else looks just the same as when they were kids. i don't think sabo will ba an exception, assuming he is still alive.

Bigall
May 26, 2010, 05:39 PM
Oda does it again. OP flashback stories were always amazing... But now Dragon appears out of the blue!!:blink OMG!!

Is it me or Dragon doesn't seem to be infamously known?
Could the next chapter be the one that will reveal us why Dragon is know to be the greatest threat to WG and a demon?

I hope so...

kidopitz27
May 26, 2010, 05:48 PM
what dragon were saying that he was born in goa kingdom too. windmill village is part of goa kingdom. they will think sabo is dead because maybe RA will blow up the high town and the castle and luffy and ace think that sabo is dead. or RA will be like super famous because of what they did to the nobles and maybe they were there because they heard there was a Tenryūbito in the castle http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/584/17/

Tobi Uchiha
May 26, 2010, 05:49 PM
right middle panel, could this (http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/5/99305628/14.png) be mr.1 ?

death13a
May 26, 2010, 05:50 PM
wich is another hint

Now that i look closely they sure resemble each other. And Oda loves to introduce characters in very subtitle fashion.

Suriyan
May 26, 2010, 05:51 PM
i love how everyone has completely bypassed the whole tenryubito thing coz dragon showed up, but i suppose it is kinda a big deal although i dont think he will actually have a big role in the rest of this flashback. I think oda has brought him up to foreshadow his involvement in the possible future marijoa arc where luffy will meet sabo again and have to unbrainwash him like some people suggested last week. Im not even sure if dragon will be in the next chapter, and i highly doubt he takes sabo with him, just doesnt seem right.

On a side note i wonder how oda will do the marijoa thing if he does that is, coz its not like luffy can leave his ship, and i reckon they'll go to fishman island first. maybe there is a giant elevator in the red line going down from marijoa to fishman island. I just dont know how he can fit the two places into the storyline if he does since one is directly above the other. Im just speculating anyway

chitgoks
May 26, 2010, 06:00 PM

the one who called him "babe" was iva! :s

SenninSage
May 26, 2010, 06:07 PM
He wouldn't have introduced Dragon here if he didn't have an important role with the rest of what takes place. Preparations are complete? For what exactly?

Also, I wonder, is Ace going to get his hands on his Devil Fruit at some point during this flashback, amidst all the flames, or what? He would basically possess the power necessary to save everyone. Well, everyone still alive, that is.

I don't think we have any confirmation that Dragon is a Noble of any kind just yet. The Goa Kingdom includes, all of these places.

Mt. Corbo, Windmill Village, Grey Terminal, The Outskirts, Central Town, High Town, The Palace. All seven of these places are a part of Goa Kingdom. Dragon could be from any one of them, we have no proof that he or Luffy are nobles.

http://img-a.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000316942/06.jpg

LeDuck
May 26, 2010, 06:12 PM
Luffy didn't know Ace had eaten a devil fruit, so you think he kept it a secret for 7 years? He got it in the grand line, that's all there is ;)

So Dragon was introduced again with a lot of wind, but somehow I think there is more to his powers, if we're lucky we'll see a glimpse of it :>

El-Thor
May 26, 2010, 06:17 PM
wich is another hint

There's no way that is Sabo. The guy bears no resemblance to the Sabo in the flashbacks. Sabo's hair seems more like a 'fro (lol I know), not like the curly hair of that RA guy. Sabo's nose is also curved from the bottom http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99305628/7 whereas the guys nose from RA is curved from the top more or less. And he wears a hat whoopteedoo. If Sabo would have ran off with Dragon (which I doubt he did) he would keep his trademark hat. Lastly, I don't see Sabo as a "boy scout" type character, which is what the guy from RA looks like. Sabo is gritty and dirty.

Hmmm wait a second... now that I think about it, that giraffe guy MUST be Kaku cuz he has a giraffe df :notrust

BlackHair
May 26, 2010, 06:21 PM
Finally this flashback gets interesting. I believe after this flashback, there will be the meeting with the Kings (Cobra, Wapol etc). So I believe the Goa Kingdom is Dragons first step in his biography as a revolutionist. Since if I remeber correctly, Cobra said that Dragon will rise in power and he just said to Sabo that he is still powerless.

As I was reading the chapter I skipped some pages to the end. Since the chapter seem filler like to me. I mean chibi protagonists and a non pirating story is filler like to me. Only as I was reading the chapter for a 2nd time, I noticed Dragon xD

Glad to see that Oda finally decided to solve some mysterious on Dragon. Now I believe Sabo joined the revolutionists and faked his death, maybe even to Ace and Luffy.

bittman
May 26, 2010, 06:35 PM
Like how Sabo is fast going from dying to hero of the world revolutionary extroidonairre and next Strawhat candadite all in the matter of about 2 chapters.

I still think Sabo will die somewhere amongst all this mess. Don't let Dragon distract you, right now the flashback has captured your interest, but it has not yet captured your heart.

Hopefully some better bad guys get introduced. Faceless nameless nobles are easy to pick on and ultimately aren't a villain of this arc. With Bluejam burning himself, the only "villain" right now is the fire. Some of the best flashbacks have set a background for great villains (Arlong, Akainu/Aokoji, Spandam).

Also like how because Sabo spoke 5 words to Dragon he must be one of the faceless nameless revolutionaries we've already seen.

Besides, a hero needs to get around to saving Ace and Luffy. As it stands it's either going to be Dragon bringing the rain, Dandan doing something useful or Sabo being an hero.

zerocooldx
May 26, 2010, 06:40 PM
He wouldn't have introduced Dragon here if he didn't have an important role with the rest of what takes place. Preparations are complete? For what exactly?

Also, I wonder, is Ace going to get his hands on his Devil Fruit at some point during this flashback, amidst all the flames, or what? He would basically possess the power necessary to save everyone. Well, everyone still alive, that is.

I don't think we have any confirmation that Dragon is a Noble of any kind just yet. The Goa Kingdom includes, all of these places.

Mt. Corbo, Windmill Village, Grey Terminal, The Outskirts, Central Town, High Town, The Palace. All seven of these places are a part of Goa Kingdom. Dragon could be from any one of them, we have no proof that he or Luffy are nobles.

Ace doesn't get his DF during this time. He gets it after he leaves the island and Luffy. And this (http://img-a.onemanga.com/mangas/00000002/000190632/01.jpg) dude does look kinda like an older version of Sabo might look like.

BlackHair
May 26, 2010, 06:42 PM
Like how Sabo is fast going from dying to hero of the world revolutionary extroidonairre and next Strawhat candadite all in the matter of about 2 chapters.

I still think Sabo will die somewhere amongst all this mess. Don't let Dragon distract you, right now the flashback has captured your interest, but it has not yet captured your heart.

Hopefully some better bad guys get introduced. Faceless nameless nobles are easy to pick on and ultimately aren't a villain of this arc. With Bluejam burning himself, the only "villain" right now is the fire. Some of the best flashbacks have set a background for great villains (Arlong, Akainu/Aokoji, Spandam).

Also like how because Sabo spoke 5 words to Dragon he must be one of the faceless nameless revolutionaries we've already seen.

Besides, a hero needs to get around to saving Ace and Luffy. As it stands it's either going to be Dragon bringing the rain, Dandan doing something useful or Sabo being an hero.

You are right, I better stick with my original prediction. Sabo will die.

As to villain or villains, I believe that role goes to the noble and even higher the Tenryo. WB predicted a war against the WG, as soon as One Piece is found. We all know WB meant Luffy (SHs+Dragon+.. etc) vs WG (MHQ+..). So I think this flashback serves among others as a setup to the last great war.

Kanarya
May 26, 2010, 06:48 PM
If like some members said , the mysterious character at the end got the Iva pattern , IT IS Iva. And actually it's the first person I thought about when reading the chapter.

Well I don`t think that the person shown in this chapter is Ivankov.

Just take a look at this page again:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/11/

Ivankov says: "Is that direction where your homeland lies?"

If Ivankov would have been working together with Dragon right from the start in Goa Kingdom, he would most likely know about his hometown, wouldn`t he?

The whole story about Sabo is very well done, and now there`s a very high chance that Dragon "rescued" him from Goa Kingdom and made him a part of the Revolutionary Army.

That`s because:
1. Sabo expressed his ideals in this chapter; he got the right mindset in order to become a revolutionary.
2. Why else would Oda introduce Sabo and make him meet Dragon?
3. If Sabo would have gone with the revolutionaries, Luffy would either think that Sabo died or that he doesn`t want to be Ace`s and his brother anymore.
This would explain the "Ace is the only brother I have" (Luffy) story.

deffkryz
May 26, 2010, 06:49 PM
Finally this flashback gets interesting. I believe after this flashback, there will be the meeting with the Kings (Cobra, Wapol etc). So I believe the Goa Kingdom is Dragons first step in his biography as a revolutionist. Since if I remeber correctly, Cobra said that Dragon will rise in power and he just said to Sabo that he is still powerless.

According to One Piece Blue that conference in Mariejois shown in chapter 142 was six years before the "present story". So there's still a gap of four years. We may see Dragon finally turning into a top-notch revolutionist, but I don't think he's more than a "revolutionist rookie" so far and that mysterious lady his partner within his local revolutionist cell. So whatever the revolutionists are going to do now, I don't think that he'll get the tribute for it.

But it's nice to see that Oda once again used that pattern "windy day -> Dragon appears". ;)

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 06:52 PM
right middle panel, could this (http://static3.mangastream.com/manga/5/99305628/14.png) be mr.1 ?
Doubt it, we know that Mr.1 Das Bones is from North Blue. What would he be doing there?

Next chapter we find out :D

He only ate it after he left the island.

Luffy didn't know Ace had eaten a devil fruit, so you think he kept it a secret for 7 years? He got it in the grand line, that's all there is ;)

So Dragon was introduced again with a lot of wind, but somehow I think there is more to his powers, if we're lucky we'll see a glimpse of it :>
Agreed, if he indeed is the one that causes the wind, a small part of it will be showed now :D

NoLimit89
May 26, 2010, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure if anyone said this yet, but the character at the end of the chapter may very well be Luffy's mom.

Maybe something happened to her (like she died) that made Dragon that much more determined to overthrow the WG.

lelouche123
May 26, 2010, 07:15 PM
and if it sabo really is kuma???

Duzy
May 26, 2010, 07:15 PM
Doubt it, we know that Mr.1 Das Bones is from North Blue. What would he be doing there?

Well, he does want to be a superhero and the situation calls for a very efficient firefighter. Maybe he smelled some action (pun intended):p

bittman
May 26, 2010, 07:35 PM
Well I don`t think that the person shown in this chapter is Ivankov.

Just take a look at this page again:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/11/

Ivankov says: "Is that direction where your homeland lies?"

If Ivankov would have been working together with Dragon right from the start in Goa Kingdom, he would most likely know about his hometown, wouldn`t he?

The whole story about Sabo is very well done, and now there`s a very high chance that Dragon "rescued" him from Goa Kingdom and made him a part of the Revolutionary Army.

That`s because:
1. Sabo expressed his ideals in this chapter; he got the right mindset in order to become a revolutionary.
2. Why else would Oda introduce Sabo and make him meet Dragon?
3. If Sabo would have gone with the revolutionaries, Luffy would either think that Sabo died or that he doesn`t want to be Ace`s and his brother anymore.
This would explain the "Ace is the only brother I have" (Luffy) story.

Thanked you for the first half of your post where you proved Iva most likely isn't the high heels at the end.

As for the second part:
1) Can't deny that, but at the same time this is the same Sabo who promised his brothers he would be a pirate with them.
2) Like asking why Captain Yoki was introduced in Brooke's flashback. Not like he's been essential to the story afterwards. These sort of characters exist too (Saul, Tom, etc)
3) Right now, they both know Sabo is alive. You think they're just going to randomly escape the fire and then:

Passerby: "Oh yeah Sabo died"
Ace/Luffy: !!! "How?"
Passerby: "No-one knows. Dun dun dunnnnnnn"

or maybe

Ace: "Haven't seen Sabo for ages, even searched the town!"
Luffy: "He must be dead"
Ace: "For sure, that's the only explanation"

Find a plausible explanation for how Sabo could have fake-died to Ace and Luffy please.

hyper_megaman
May 26, 2010, 07:37 PM
did anyone actually question in the last chapter..

why was makino on goa island?

could it be that she's..

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 07:39 PM
Well, if he disappears into the fire (pun intended) with Dragon people that saw him might say something like: he was trying to escape to the trash mountain, he must be dead, and Luffy and Ace really do think he is dead.

That or he is never seen again and they assume that his parents killed him or something.
[hr]

did anyone actually question in the last chapter..

why was makino on goa island?

could it be that she's..
Makino was born there on Fusha village, her parents are probably the owners of the bar she now owns.

is this relevant for this chapter? no...

drzcoyotex3
May 26, 2010, 08:00 PM
dragon is back, it is always interesting to see him around, he is an interesting character afterall.

great chapter in my opinion how they set the bluejams pirate up was magnificient,and dragons appearance is just that much more interesting

anyways are we getting a chapter next week?

elitefox
May 26, 2010, 08:03 PM
i love how everyone has completely bypassed the whole tenryubito thing coz dragon showed up, but i suppose it is kinda a big deal although i dont think he will actually have a big role in the rest of this flashback. I think oda has brought him up to foreshadow his involvement in the possible future marijoa arc where luffy will meet sabo again and have to unbrainwash him like some people suggested last week. Im not even sure if dragon will be in the next chapter, and i highly doubt he takes sabo with him, just doesnt seem right.

On a side note i wonder how oda will do the marijoa thing if he does that is, coz its not like luffy can leave his ship, and i reckon they'll go to fishman island first. maybe there is a giant elevator in the red line going down from marijoa to fishman island. I just dont know how he can fit the two places into the storyline if he does since one is directly above the other. Im just speculating anyway

Does anyone notice whenever Dragon is in the area, there is always strong winds and maybe storm?

or Dragon is just cursed by that lol..

:eyeroll

So what did dragon do that made him a world criminal might be in this arc lol, killing a tenribiyoto? or hurting one? maybe in this incident where the rule of having "hurting a celestial dragon will bring an admiral"...

if not who admiral will come?

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 08:06 PM
was ivankov present as well? why discuss about him/her/it (seriously, what do u label ivankov? lol)? ivankov never made an explicit appearance in this current chapter.

no. all u saw was a leg. i have my theories and u have urs.

learn to have a discussion little boy

Haha xD

Chill out will ya? It's damn too hot in Singapore for you to be heating up because of a manga chapter.

A leg was shown, the ending phrase, Babe seems to be ivankov like. But I never said that it is ivankov, I said, it can be Ivankov, or, Luffy's mother and I'll be shocked, but even more shocked if it is Crocodile or Kuma.

dragon is back, it is always interesting to see him around, he is an interesting character afterall.

great chapter in my opinion how they set the bluejams pirate up was magnificient,and dragons appearance is just that much more interesting

anyways are we getting a chapter next week?
Yup, they were really nicely set up :D

why wouldn't we have a chapter?

The Noobslayer
May 26, 2010, 08:08 PM
Does anyone notice whenever Dragon is in the area, there is always strong winds and maybe storm?

or Dragon is just cursed by that lol..

My guess, as Dragon is a revolutionary, the wind around him literally represents the "winds of change".

Lee-tyme7
May 26, 2010, 08:09 PM
The person at the end is a woman, we know cus she is wearing high heel and she called Dragon Babe....could it be Luffy's mom? here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99305628/20)
Dragon said he was born in this kingdom but was he born a noble? If so then that mean Luffy and Garp is one too. Then this also mean that Oda's been giving us hint about this all along from previous chapters. Take a look at this, where Nyu talked about what star Luffy was born under: here (http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/523/02/) and the Pirate Blue jam revealed the secret to becoming a noble: here (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/99305628/3) Coincidence?

DEATHBOTT
May 26, 2010, 08:18 PM
sabo is a revolutionary now perhaps?

godaijutsu-no-hito
May 26, 2010, 08:19 PM

As I was reading the chapter I skipped some pages to the end. Since the chapter seem filler like to me. I mean chibi protagonists and a non pirating story is filler like to me. Only as I was reading the chapter for a 2nd time, I noticed Dragon xD

Glad to see that Oda finally decided to solve some mysterious on Dragon. Now I believe Sabo joined the revolutionists and faked his death, maybe even to Ace and Luffy.

All flashbacks showing young children who are initially shown as grownups have been in chibi style...be it Robin, be it Vivi or be it Nami. So, I don't see how all the history of characters is filler like. This is Oda's standard style and another standard thing that Oda does is go over back stories after major arcs come to an end. But, I agree that the story of Luffy, Ace and Sabo was not very interesting until the whole torch the island idea came along.

I actually don't think that we will see Dragon's DF powers. It would just not be right to know the powers beforehand and then meet him again. Blackbeard's power was only revealed when he had a big showdown against Ace. I think the same will happen in case of Dragon as well.

sarutobi_sensei
May 26, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hmm, I just thought of something, could Sabo be having the same flashback @ the exact same time?

Kanarya
May 26, 2010, 08:27 PM
As for the second part:
1) Can't deny that, but at the same time this is the same Sabo who promised his brothers he would be a pirate with them.
2) Like asking why Captain Yoki was introduced in Brooke's flashback. Not like he's been essential to the story afterwards. These sort of characters exist too (Saul, Tom, etc)
3) Right now, they both know Sabo is alive. You think they're just going to randomly escape the fire and then:

Passerby: "Oh yeah Sabo died"
Ace/Luffy: !!! "How?"
Passerby: "No-one knows. Dun dun dunnnnnnn"

or maybe

Ace: "Haven't seen Sabo for ages, even searched the town!"
Luffy: "He must be dead"
Ace: "For sure, that's the only explanation"

Find a plausible explanation for how Sabo could have fake-died to Ace and Luffy please.

1) Well I partly agree with you in this point. Sabo really said, he wanted to become a pirate with his brothers, but we know one thing: For Sabo and Luffy (Ace´s case is a little different) piracy equals freedom.
They want to become pirates because of the fact that pirates are not bound to laws and duties and can live their lives the way they want to.
Now, if we take Sabo´s current situation into consideration, in which he is imprisoned in the town (guards closed the doors outside) while the trash mountain and with it their hidden treasure is burning, we see that his chances of becoming a pirate along with Ace and Luffy have become smaller.
So the easiest way to achieve his freedom would be leaving the kingdom with Dragon.

2) OK, I think I didn`t express myself well here. :)
With this point I didn´t want to stress the meanings of creating a character like Sabo, but the fact that Oda makes him meet Dragon, leader of the Revolutionary Army.
He could have made Dragon appear at the end of chapter without him running into Sabo.

3) Well, imagine this scenario:
After things have calmed down Luffy and Ace decide to look after Sabo, although Ace said they would try to temporarily forget about him, because they are worried about him after the ruckus.
The two boys sneak into the high town, find out where his familiy`s residence is and go there, where they meet this little adoptive child (forgot his name) and ask him about Sabo. He remains silent ("I didn`t see anything") until Ace and Luffy beat the crap out of him, whereupon he tells them, how Sabo left a day before the "trash burning" and never returned.
Since he never showed up at their hideout Ace and Luffy could only come to this conclusion: Either Sabo died or he left the kingdom on his own.
Either way that would lead to the "cancellation of their brotherhood" and Luffy wouldn´t consider him as a brother anymore.

Or another scenario:
Ace and Luffy find Sabo´s hat lieing on the ground after the fire and after that day nobody sees him again.

Or:
Sabo´s father finds Luffy and Ace and wants them to tell him where Sabo is hiding.....

And even if they didn`t know about his death or departure, after a while they would stop considering him as a brother, because they decided to temporarily forget about Sabo and if this period lasts for years, it´s only natural that Luffy would only see Ace as his only brother.

The Noobslayer
May 26, 2010, 08:27 PM
Has the possibility been discussed that...Ivankov...could be....Luffy's mom? LOL Even if only for one night. -.-

Please no.

El-Thor
May 26, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hm I think Sabo is the king of Goa and Luffy's mom is actually Rogue and she's been sleeping around a bit ;) /sacrasm

Dragon merely offered to listen to Sabo. We got no hint that he wants to save him or something. But we did get a hint that Dragon also has some sort of beef with the nobles.

jinx05
May 26, 2010, 08:45 PM
nice chapter...truly unexpected that dragon would appear...

i was wondering.how are you sure that the one that called dragon "babe" was iva?

in my opinion maybe it isn't iva at all.:D

elitefox
May 26, 2010, 08:49 PM
Has the possibility been discussed that...Ivankov...could be....Luffy's mom? LOL Even if only for one night. -.-

Please no.

It is freaking impossible, if yes then Ivan wouldn't have ask Dragon why is he looking at the direction of east blue. :D

and freaking hell no, I don't think even the slightest he will get in love with an okama, nyoh.

falco_dergento
May 26, 2010, 09:25 PM
I've said it earlier, I'll say it again: there is chance that Sabo might join the Revolutionary Army.. I guess all the mystery regarding Sabo will become clear next chapter..

btw, we have a new chapter next week right? ppl were saying that there is no chapter this week, but apparently there is..

BlindMunkey
May 26, 2010, 09:26 PM
a crazy idea. [ still reading the new chapter]

the fact that Sengoku knew so much about Ace at the execution. could it be that Sabo spilled the truth about Ace to get reputation?

lol finished reading chapter.. i take back my crazy idea..

but this is getting hell of a lot more interesting. little background on Monkey D. Dragon.
LOVE IT.

its just my opinion. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT THIS FLASH BACK LASTING LONG. Thanks.

Also.. seems like this flashback sets up luffy meeting sabo perfectly. assuming sabo is with dragon. and not to mention robin is gonna be there mostly likely.. hence u can also assume robin can very will be the last member to make the reunion of strawhat pirates.

johnnyb7
May 26, 2010, 10:05 PM
For Sabo's death, perhaps he spoke out against the tenrybiutto?

I'm looking forward to seeing Dragon and Iva kick some ass and save Luffy and Ace. I'm guessing they'll be saved but Luffy won't realize who Dragon is.
[hr]
Actually the idea that Sabo joins Dragon is a really good theory. I really think that one is plausible

deffkryz
May 26, 2010, 10:11 PM
I wonder what kind of hair color Sabo has... :/

i was wondering.how are you sure that the one that called dragon "babe" was iva?

in my opinion maybe it isn't iva at all.:D

I agree. Iva-san would have called Dragon possibly "Dragonboy" (like "Mugiwara boy" or "Bonboy"), wouldn't he? But "babe"? That's pretty odd.

tobeulp
May 26, 2010, 10:14 PM
I am not impressed with the chapter at first but when Dragon appeared it become a One piece classic again.... I really hope Sabo is alive and with the Revolutionary army because I think Sabo will have a huge impact on luffy becoming stronger..

Gcat88
May 26, 2010, 10:20 PM
Whose that on the cover?? smoker and who else?? Also Totally proves Dragon has a wind power. Does anyone here want Sabo to die??? i think that he has served a great purpose, and we still have a couple of weeks of flashback left. Loved the way oda got rid of the bluejam pirates. P.S. if you know the girl on the cover just message me. thank you.

Uriel
May 26, 2010, 10:26 PM
WHO IN THE WORLD EXPECTED DRAGON TO APPEAR?
I applause you, Oda. You're just over the top. You just have made this flashback epic!

I've said it earlier, I'll say it again: there is chance that Sabo might join the Revolutionary Army.. I guess all the mystery regarding Sabo will become clear next chapter.
I was thinking the same. Exactly the same.
More after I looked this page (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/)
I don't know why, but seems somewhat coherent. The hair at least and the hat. And the "hidden" eyes known to hide characters.
It may be something silly or not have many relationship, but I think it could be a great way to "link" this flash with the Strawhats meeting again.

SenninSage
May 26, 2010, 10:31 PM
Even without Dragon, this flashback would be incredible, but Oda just further showcases how damn good he is at this storytelling stuff.

I really do suspect that Ace is going to get Luffy out of that fire, but Luffy won't know how he did it, because he'll have been unconscious when he did. I also expect a large number of people in the Grey Terminal will have been rescued as well.

Kaizoku-O Luffy
May 26, 2010, 11:13 PM
Every week it looks as though there is more to this than just a flashback of luffy and ace. Also this might be where dragon and co. announced themselves to the world. How come luffy didn't realise who the nobles are when hachi told about them before entering SA. Yes he is not smart to realise that kind of stuff, still he had a brother who was a noble.

bittman
May 26, 2010, 11:31 PM
Whose that on the cover?? smoker and who else?? Also Totally proves Dragon has a wind power. Does anyone here want Sabo to die??? i think that he has served a great purpose, and we still have a couple of weeks of flashback left. Loved the way oda got rid of the bluejam pirates. P.S. if you know the girl on the cover just message me. thank you.

1) Smoker and Hina. That is: A suited up hairy legged Smoker saying they should pay for their taxi whilst a drunk Hina says "EFFF that let's dance!"

2) Best theory I've heard is Dragon has a mythological Zoan "Dragon Dragon no mi" (whatever that would be in japanese?). Japanese dragons, unlike western ones which just breath fire and have scales, are typically long serpent-like monsters who have control over nature itself (specifically the weather). Hinted Dragon has a weather fruit between all the wind rain and lightning that goes on whilst he's around, and a Dragon fruit would be more interesting than "Weather man".

3) Yes I want Sabo to die. Sticking to my guns here.

terrorei
May 26, 2010, 11:56 PM
And again an amazing chapter presented by Oda.
1. About the foot at the last page. I'd say its Ivan (60%)/ Someone else (30%) / mother Luffy mother (10%).
Ivankov could be away when Dragon said to Soba, that Goa is his Homeland, because the person comes after Sabo tells something to Dragon (and I really wonder what it could have been)

1.1 I think Luffys mother will have a much bigger role. (Like beeing a CD and she was the one visiting the Goa-Kingdom)

2. Dragon, could really be a noble. Not a CD but still a "normal" Noble.

3. About Luffys Bounty: To be honest I wonder if there is a point where someones Had is more worth than just money. Assuming the whole Kingdom and Noble thing, the bounty could also be a title of noble or maybe a whole kingdom. (Like in many fairy tales)

fistsofrage
May 27, 2010, 12:08 AM
At first i thought dragon could be a zoan dragon but that would be hella cliche. I mean dragon's nose looks like a snout anyway but there's still too much coincidence with his name being dragon and then finding a dragon devil fruit.

k-dom
May 27, 2010, 01:00 AM
It's always surprising how one image of Dragon transforms the dullest of flashback into an amazing chapter...

Thanks for reminding me that the kings meeting is 2 years after this meeting. Maybe then we won't see much of Dragon action.

omegakai
May 27, 2010, 01:10 AM

because he only spoke five words to him in a flashback chapter which took place 11 years doesn't mean that he will end up some nameless RA member. First off he survives this he has determination to be somebody in life so if he did follow dragon and decide to change the world rather than becoming a pirate i highly doubt he would remain a weak loser, he would have worked hard to gain some position in the RA.

Second why would it need to introduce some future villain this seem more to do with dragon possibly killing a tenryubito which gains the RA infamy among WG and there supporters.

TSMisery
May 27, 2010, 01:58 AM
In Volume 21, Chapter 190, Mr. 1 mentions that Zoro killed a previous Mr. 7 sometime before he met Luffy. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/190/07/

In Volume 36, in an SBS, Oda drew a crude drawing of the first Mr. 7 Zoro apparently killed. Even for a crude drawing, he shares a lot of similar physical traits as Stelly.

Perhaps Stelly grew up to be Mr. 7?

Oda did bring SBS characters into the main canon before (Attachan being the prime example).

If it's true, we already have the certain satisfaction that Stelly will be killed by Zoro later on. :P

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7084/screenshot20100526at114g.pnghttp://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4561/screenshot20100526at113.png

goldb
May 27, 2010, 02:15 AM
Yeah I doubt a noble like Shelly would join Baroque Works; his ideals and opinions regarding humans are very different to that of Sabo; he considers anyone who isnt a noble to be filth.

Ashura_Ichibugin
May 27, 2010, 02:23 AM

Please no.

Ivankov didn't know Dragon has a son. Wouldn't it be weird for him/her not to know a children he/she gave birth to?

anaskr
May 27, 2010, 03:20 AM
how can dragon just leave luffy like that atleast!!

i think GARP is to blamed here !! he didn want luffy to be like dragon plus dragon looks shrewd NOT-completely opposite to luffy or garp though its possible !!

garp wanted luffy to be a marine so he must have never told where luffy is, but these trio were famous in gray terminal and the kingdom!! maybe dragon has just appeared before the celestial dragons in town !! who knows !!

neways Sabo is with the revolutionary , he must be very happy to meet nico robin :) !!!

yeah dragon must be having the dragon df !! cuz his NOSE his EYES his HAIR !! all seem so like the dragon

Smit
May 27, 2010, 03:21 AM
Just grasping for straws here but now that the possibility that Sabo joins the RA. Could this be Sabo: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/
If Sabo grew his hair it could look like that. And his face is concealed maybe for a reason?
But like i said just grasping.

godai_nin
May 27, 2010, 05:10 AM
A huge speculation, but could sabo be Trafalgar Law ? :amuse
otherwise why would he care to save luffy. He seems to be about the same age as AcE.

Eyes of sabo and Trafalgar seems similar, don't they.;)

NoLimit89
May 27, 2010, 05:29 AM
otherwise why would he care to save luffy. He seems to be about the same age as AcE.

nice theory but I don't think so.

their personality seem too different when law and luffy conversed on shabondy.

The rookie
May 27, 2010, 05:30 AM
ok to summ sabo's situation up:

- he is a brother of ace and Luffy
- his dream is to write a book over the world
- he hates the nobles and is ashamed to be a born one
- he cant be free if he stays in goa kingdom
- Last sceen we see him, he says that to the leader of the revolution army who is about to depart somewhere

-then we have some assumptions this might be sabao:http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/

My opinion:
I think the theory he was taken with dragon fits very well, because so he really would travel many countries and would get a good source for his book he wants to write (that would be going after his dream, in my eyes the most important message of Oda and OP). in addition he can be free in his way and can actively go against the nobles and cruel rulers of this world, he hates that much. another fact is that he was even in strength with ace, what would mean he has a damn good base for being a ass kicking guy by now.

In addition i want to mention taht a lot of people wrote they don't want to see a meaningless flashback of luffy's youth. By now its developing to a core flashback which will reveal a lot of things.

hdiuy
May 27, 2010, 05:36 AM
Damn the flashback is getting really interesting, kid Luffy is funny as ever.I'm still waiting for more Dadan action . I believe that more about Luffy's mum will be revealed in this flashback.

Akainu
May 27, 2010, 05:43 AM

That doesn't work for the sole reason that Law is from North Blue and Sabo from East.
That aside Sabo is a character on his own, it's reasonable to search for him among the revolutionaries that are unnamed since we don't know what happend to him, but suspecting him as one of the known characters is imo far off :oh

jguardiana
May 27, 2010, 05:45 AM
i think the girl with Dragon is his Wife the mother of Luffy

godai_nin
May 27, 2010, 05:48 AM
nice theory but I don't think so.

their personality seem too different when law and luffy conversed on shabondy.

Heh, peoples do change. ;)

Well, i would have agreed to others about sabo being in RA . But, i remember all three luffy, ace, sabo aspiring to be pirates.

" but how can all three of us be captains ? " (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/585/13/) :D

Lee-tyme7
May 27, 2010, 05:54 AM

well she did call dragon, babe or she could be one of his call girl :p

and as for Law being Sabo...if that were true I say it would fit well with him being at amazon lily right now and after this flashback he'd pull a shocker and surprise Luffy, revealing to be his brother. I know Law is from north blue but maybe Dragon took him away there, you never know. XD

jinsomnia
May 27, 2010, 06:28 AM
well she did call dragon, babe or she could be one of his call girl :p

and as for Law being Sabo...if that were true I say it would fit well with him being at amazon lily right now and after this flashback he'd pull a shocker and surprise Luffy, revealing to be his brother. I know Law is from north blue but maybe Dragon took him away there, you never know. XD

well.. try to remember folks. its IVA-san in women form. we all know how he speaks to dragon..

Schabrak
May 27, 2010, 06:33 AM
" but how can all three of us be captains ? " (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/585/13/) :DEven though all three wanted to become pirate captains, Sabo was the only one, that was restricted from doing so. He is the one, that saw with his own eyes, how corrupt and rotten the nobles were. Would it be so far off to asume that he took a new stance, after the meeting with Dragon in all that chaos? He could be noblei in his own way, to have the goal of freeing the world of those foul people.

Nobody else but Iva would call Dragon "babe" in such a situation... it's obviously him or Iva is Luffys mom XD.

minimz
May 27, 2010, 06:37 AM
Every week it looks as though there is more to this than just a flashback of luffy and ace. Also this might be where dragon and co. announced themselves to the world. How come luffy didn't realise who the nobles are when hachi told about them before entering SA. Yes he is not smart to realise that kind of stuff, still he had a brother who was a noble.

I'm fairly sure hachi mentioned world nobles, i.e, the Tenryūbito, whom I think are even more snobby, wearing those air bubble things so they don't breathe the same air. With that said, I'm thinking that the Tenryūbito's are way more special, not having to lift a finger to get money, Sabo's father, a (regular) noble, doesn't really look or act the similar to the Tenryūbito's, and he also said something like "I came home from work today all tired..." when Sabo was explaining why he lied about being a noble, which further shows a difference to sabo's parents and the Tenryūbito we saw at SA, like the guy luffy hit, Charloss, wouldn't even walk himself even if it were faster let alone work till he's tired >_>".

So they are quite different, and hence it's not too hard to see why Luffy couldn't see the similarity.

THM Nindo
May 27, 2010, 06:48 AM
Really nice chapter!

I was unsure at first with this flashback thing, but now, I see that Oda is not disappointing.
This flashback is really good!

And it brings back 2 things that will be more important later on, I'm sure :
- The Tenryuubito
- The Rebel army leaded by Dragon

My guess is that Sabo is with the Rebel army now.

CBlitz
May 27, 2010, 06:56 AM
I either expect Sabo to die or be part of Dragon's army. Hopefully its the latter since Sabo has been pretty cool so far. And I hope the fire spreads over to the noble's part of town for the ultimate irony

Fox666
May 27, 2010, 07:09 AM
And I hope the fire spreads over to the noble's part of town for the ultimate ironyThat WILL happen... the guy there said the storm could cause some accident with fire... them we have the storm guy, Dragon, there...

Marche
May 27, 2010, 07:37 AM
Ehi, I must say than in the last chapter (585) for a moment I thought of Dragon when i saw the man in the last image, that with enter in the town.
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67373685/5
Because Dragon in the only who before of that wear a hood.
And now Dragon has appeared.
This is very fun.

Lord Rayleigh
May 27, 2010, 07:55 AM
Ehi, I must say than in the last chapter (585) for a moment I thought of Dragon when i saw the man in the last image, that with enter in the town.
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67373685/5
Because Dragon in the only who before of that wear a hood.
And now Dragon has appeared.
This is very fun.
Actually, it's Ace, Luffy and Sabo. See there (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67373685/6)

EDIT : you probably knew it as you said " for a moment I thought ".

Poisok2
May 27, 2010, 08:18 AM

I also thought that, but I checked the page in japanese and the way the character speak is the same as Iva's. He/she ends his sentence with ティブル - tiburu, and you may be familiar with this if you have being watching the anime.

Zeltrax
May 27, 2010, 08:52 AM
Ace- Luffy's brother for the first half of the grand line

Sabo- Luffy's brother for the New world.

I can totally see sabo being an important figure in the upcoming events,
a greater war, and him surpassing even dragon
That is, if he's still alive.
and damn, I'll say he is alive.
But the problem is , if he is alive, why din't he save ace?
Heck, there's only Iva from RA there.

Unless something happened in the past that we din't know of.
Dragon's no joke, from this chapter I can say that he got an eye for talented people, and that means the higher ranks of RA are going to be monsters.
I say that the New world will revolve alot around the RA and Nobles.

A lot.

Just my prediction.

darklide
May 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
Interesting chapter(even more than the spoilers as usual)

Well the first thing i would like to say is that the one at the end of the chapter may be both luffy's mum or ivankov. You may wonder why.

3. If its Ivankov:
I think since dragon started the RA, he keep upmost secrecy about his background. SO if its Ivankov, i dont imagine dragon walking in Goa kingdom and saying things like:"Ivankov, you see there its the place I used to play when I was kid" or "How nostalgic this place is"
I forgot who, but someone put the page where Luffy first told ivankov that he's the son of dragon and there was a mini flash back. So what im trying to say here is that despite that mini flashback, there are chances that it might be ivankov that was there. The only thing is that dragon didnt tell ivankov that this is his home island

2. If its really luffy's mum
Well there have been already lots of theories stated before my post and i think i cant add more to that

About sabo's future there are several possibilities:
1. Join RA
2. Staying with the nobles but working for RA
3. Becoming a pirate on his own(which i seriously doubt)

And finally about Dragon's appearance I think there are several possibilities:
1. If RA isnt known then this is the time where dragon gets known to the world by doing something drastic
2. RA is already up and running and this is just an operation for them

I think that dragon may attack the tenryuubito in this flashback and this might be how he showed that he is directly attacking the WG

P.S
Chances are that in the boat where the tenryuu are, there is an admiral with them(just a lil prediction)

DLord.Van.Buuren
May 27, 2010, 09:43 AM
finally things are getting interesting , i liked the entrance of the RA as well as dragon's i hope things will get heated up a bit .

kkck
May 27, 2010, 09:59 AM
I think sabo is dead. Didn't luffy once said ace was his only brother?

LeKuaSimi
May 27, 2010, 10:01 AM
Is this flashback going through Luffy's head anymore, or just a flashback?

Ashura_Ichibugin
May 27, 2010, 10:36 AM
That was a good chapter. In the page where I see a figure with a long coat, I said "Isn't it Dragon?" and turns out it is. The RA makes everything they are involved in worthy of reading.

So, I say the theory of Sabo to join the RA is a plausible one and lets face it, it will make things interesting. And this might very well can be the first operation of the revolutionary army, it seems appropriate to start rooting out the corrupted WG from the place you are born.

Schabrak
May 27, 2010, 10:43 AM
I think since dragon started the RA, he keep upmost secrecy about his background. SO if its Ivankov, i dont imagine dragon walking in Goa kingdom and saying things like:"Ivankov, you see there its the place I used to play when I was kid" or "How nostalgic this place is"

It's not like Dragon did scream, when he told Sabo about his origin.^^ And it looks like Iva just arrived, so it wasn't possible to hear him say that.

I think sabo is dead. Didn't luffy once said ace was his only brother?
Every week the same question.^^ I think that's the wrong rendtition of his sentence. As we don't know what happened to the Goa Kingdom, I predict, that Dragon brings the chaos to the higher city, so that Luffy and Ace asume that Sabo was killed within the fire, while he was taken by Dragon into the RA.

Is this flashback going through Luffy's head anymore, or just a flashback?
I would say it is, but is shown by a omniscient observer or else we would'nt be able see what happened within the city.

jguardiana
May 27, 2010, 11:08 AM
well.. try to remember folks. its IVA-san in women form. we all know how he speaks to dragon..

Iva doesn't even know that Dragon's East blue remember???

and for the folks that suspecting that Law is Sabo i think its wrong because he's really Sabo he would go and try to save Ace also because his one of his brother

Arkadi
May 27, 2010, 11:10 AM
luffy and ace couldn't leave sabo alone because he was theyre brother, so maybe he said, from now on we aren't brothers annymore!

or sabo asked ace to tell luffy he died

or they both tought he died, and sabo tought it was best for them not to know he was alive or something similar

jguardiana
May 27, 2010, 11:16 AM
I also thought that, but I checked the page in japanese and the way the character speak is the same as Iva's. He/she ends his sentence with ティブル - tiburu, and you may be familiar with this if you have being watching the anime.

i know that but it doesn't make sense if its Iva and she doesn't know that Dragon's frm East blue?

THM Nindo
May 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
i know that but it doesn't make sense if its Iva and she doesn't know that Dragon's frm East blue?

Oooh!!
You're right!!

If it isn't Iva... then it really could be Luffy's mother! :tem
Or simply someone else from RA...

Bonfire01
May 27, 2010, 11:40 AM

We don't know if the unknown female heard anything Dragon said to Sabo. If not then I don't see how she would know that Dragon was from Goa. This could have just been one of several actions by the fledgling RA, so no reason to suspect Dragon came from this particular kingdom.

Vizard5
May 27, 2010, 11:40 AM

to iva it's just another job, i think dragon is there because of the tenryuubito(sp?) that is comming. and that is what he's telling iva too. so how would iva know that dragon is from east blue just by being there? i don't think he overheard dragon and sabo's conversation, cuz he arrived afterwards..

MB.D.GN
May 27, 2010, 12:02 PM
first sorry for my bad inglisch ) its all make sens now remember what ace told to luffy when hi was about to die he spoiled that sabo was stil alive and what wil happen is that luffy and ace wil be unussion because of the fire luffy wil remain unussion and dragon wil apeair to save them and he wil say his ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! he change his name in dragon hi wil ask for ace to take car of his younger brother luffy and das Why ace care more to luffy than sabo believe it:D

Schabrak
May 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
first sorry for my bad inglisch ) its all make sens now remember what ace told to luffy when hi was about to die he spoiled that sabo was stil alive and what wil happen is that luffy and ace wil be unussion because of the fire luffy wil remain unussion and dragon wil apeair to save them and he wil say his ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! he change his name in dragon hi wil ask for ace to take car of his younger brother luffy and das Why ace care more to luffy than sabo believe it:D
Sorry, but Gol D. Roger and Dragon D. Monkey are two different people. Dragon is much younger than Gol and his dad Garp should be able to distinguish the person he did hunt for years and helped to raise his son, and his real son, named Monkey like himself.^^

craziii
May 27, 2010, 12:35 PM
oooh, think sabo could be with dragon, luffy's father all this time?

OP_MAN
May 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
If Sabo is alive it is very possible that he became a RA. I think sabo will become one of the new strawhats members, why?? because of his dream ( he wanted to write a book of the world, he wanted to be a pirate ,and looks like oda is already introducing the past of a new char; Oda is the kind of guy that gives the SH a sad past). Maybe he will join luffy when the SH finally reach the RA' island, problably he will fight luffy.
Personally I think luffy is going to get at least 4 new nakamas, he has gotten 4 new nakamas in each part of the world he travels. In east blue he got four, in grand line he got another 4, probably after entering into the new wolrd he will get 4 more, one of them is going be sabo, hope luffy gets a fishman, another girl, and a logia guy

undertoe
May 27, 2010, 12:55 PM
Sabo IS a member of the RA. Here he is with Robin. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/

Zatono
May 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sabo IS a member of the RA. Here he is with Robin. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/546/01/

No way, since Sabo is supposed to be around Ace's age. Even if we can't see his face, he looks to old/tall for that.

monkey D luffy
May 27, 2010, 01:08 PM
ok this have been a couple dozen times already. and its not a proof sabo is alive. id say there is a slight chance this is sabo but it is probably just a random revolutionary. i bet we havent seen sabo yet.

Black Hawk
May 27, 2010, 01:09 PM
Wonderful Flashbacks from part 1. But now it looks like, Sabo is a Revolution Soldier. This is another good Info, for the Father, Son, Brother for Life meeting. When Sabo is still alive. This is a nice introducing for upcoming acts and arcs.
Still i can´t see why Ruffy got so much fear from Dadan.
Another Side of the Story is, that Dragon got no power and army, befor 7-9 years. That means the Revoluition thing crows in this Time. Goes the Wind get Stronger ;)

I look forward for the next chapter. Also when its a long time.

frontaLobotomy
May 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
Wow, Sabo keeps defying the odds and continues to live in this flashback. Now that he has spoken with Dragon, he's still rated at 50/50 imo, he could do something stupid/brave to attempt to stop the fire. Though I'm all for the idea of him fleeing Goa and joining the Revolutionary Army.
Dragon appearing was a suprise. I was thinking when I first saw him, could this be the incident that forces the kingdoms to meet up in Mariejois to outline his threat, as per Dalton's flashback. Vivi was only a young girl at the time, and is roughly the same age as Luffy. Hm, I suppose we'll find out in the next chapter.

GomuGomuNo
May 27, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Guys,

I think that Dragon gonna rescue Sabo. Sabo will join the RA and Luffy will meet him soon. I also think that in the next 2 chapters Oda will introduce Dragon a little bit more to us.

Youbba
May 27, 2010, 01:19 PM

I know we can't be sure, but I also think that it might be him. It's not the first time that Oda have introduced a major character in a cover story (Garp was introduced in chapter 92 cover story).
If Sabo is with the RA, then he must be a high Officer right now, look at Ace the second division commander in WB.
The WB pirates and the RA must be on the same level, and in this flashback it was hinted that Sabo was almost as strong as Ace (26 win for Ace, 24 for Sabo).

Black Hawk
May 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
I know we can't be sure, but I also think that it might be him. It's not the first time that Oda have introduced a major character in a cover story (Garp was introduced in chapter 92 cover story).
If Sabo is with the RA, then he must be a high Officer right now, look at Ace the second division commander in WB.
The WB pirates and the RA must be on the same level, and in this flashback it was hinted that Sabo was almost as strong as Ace (26 win for Ace, 24 for Sabo).

But then Iva´san should known Sabo aswell. Iva Chan know´s Dragon also personal. For a next family meeting.

deffkryz
May 27, 2010, 01:41 PM

But that guy Robin meets has already been shown in chapter 440, where also two other possible "Sabos" with similar hats can be seen (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/45197123.jpg/).

Robin met that guy on the cover of chapter 546. ;)

k-dom
May 27, 2010, 01:59 PM
And finally about Dragon's appearance I think there are several possibilities:
1. If RA isnt known then this is the time where dragon gets known to the world by doing something drastic
2. RA is already up and running and this is just an operation for them

I think that dragon may attack the tenryuubito in this flashback and this might be how he showed that he is directly attacking the WG

At first I thought so, but there are 2 things that make me think that it won't be as drastic as attacking the tenryubito.
*Dragon himself said he is not ready yet
*The king summit that introduce dragon will occurs 2 years later

Poneglyph420
May 27, 2010, 02:09 PM
I really see no solid evidence that Sabo is the RA in question in cover 546.. But that's not to say it's out of the question.. But I really thought Sabo if he survives would have some desire to become a pirate like his "brothers"...
I really hope we get to see some more of dragon and what the RA was like in it's infancy. Even though the King's summit is to happen years later, this could be the first of many small incidents that gives birth to the RA.

I would love to see if Dragon has the Ryo-Ryo no mi (Dragon Dragon) or exactly what's up with him, even just a little more.

But seriously I'm loving this "flashback mini arc..."

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 02:18 PM

Nah, if that was true you can be sure that he'd have been the first or at least next to Whitebeard ... I mean in the front line ... instead of helping an unknown girl. -_-

SenninSage
May 27, 2010, 02:37 PM
Nah, if that was true you can be sure that he'd have been the first or at least next to Whitebeard ... I mean in the front line ... instead of helping an unknown girl. -_-

I don't know about that. Dragon wasn't there, Luffy's crew wasn't there, why would Sabo be there? I'm sure all of these individuals would've liked to have been there to play a role in the events that transpired at the marine headquarters, but perhaps it simply wasn't possible for them, or they had other vitally important things to do that they couldn't ignore, as important as those events at marine hq were. Why would the Revolutionary Army just ignore innocent people that were in need, it wouldn't make sense.

If they ignored those innocents to go save what were considered 'more important lives' how exactly would that have made their actions any different from those of the nobles back in the Goa Kingdom? They would, just as the nobles had, be placing more value on the lives of a few, over the lives of many.
[hr]

But that guy Robin meets has already been shown in chapter 440, where also two other possible "Sabos" with similar hats can be seen (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/45197123.jpg/).

By the way, I think this guy just confirmed to everyone that the mysterious guy on the cover is indeed Sabo. Look at what he's doing in the posted pic? He appears to be writing in a book of some sort, is he not? What was Sabo's dream again? To write a book about the world.

We aren't certain of the subject of which that guy is writing into that book, but it's certainly something to think about, I think.

k-dom
May 27, 2010, 02:47 PM
I really hope we get to see some more of dragon and what the RA was like in it's infancy. Even though the King's summit is to happen years later, this could be the first of many small incidents that gives birth to the RA.

There will be something since Iva said there is something ready. I wonder if they had heard about the fire and decided to take counter measure. In particular to reveal to the citizens that the Nobles are behind the fire and not the Bluejam's pirates

Evec
May 27, 2010, 02:49 PM
I do hope Sabo is alive. If Luffy meets him at the RA headquarters I wonder if he will ask why he didn't try to save Ace. Who knows, maybe Sabo did try but Dragon stopped him because "it wasn't the right time" for the RA to step in. Would be funny if that's true and Luffy ends up punching Dragon lol

He already punched Garp, talked to WB as an equal, etc. So it would be epic if he hit the World's Most Dangerous Criminal haha

Youbba
May 27, 2010, 02:51 PM

Well done, if all of this become true, then Oda is a genius.
In this trio, Sabo seems to be the smartest, I can't wait to see him in action.

Ashura_Ichibugin
May 27, 2010, 02:54 PM

It is a possibilty, but your statement is a little overconfident. Using "is" instead of "may be" does not end good if you are wrong.

undertoe
May 27, 2010, 03:05 PM

His duties to the RA are more important and hold more weight than saving Ace.

@Ashura: Using "good" when you're modifying a verb does not end well, either. :P I was being intentionally presumptive with my prediction.

Uriel
May 27, 2010, 03:09 PM
Also, why they wouldn't trust the strongest man in the world to save Ace? Aside that He thinks Luffy would handle and many other things. If He was on that bridge, maybe He hear too late to do anything.

Come on people, we did not see everything at Marineford. That would be sad.

hy4k
May 27, 2010, 03:16 PM
i think sabo as a revolutionary would be great

my feeling has always been that the revolutionary army is at least on par with a yonkou. so far dragon has one commander with ivankov (although i suppose kuma might have been a former commander)

from this point on we're going to see all of the major players in the revolutionary army. it makes sense that luffy's adopted brother from childhood be there

he was on par with ace too so if he is alive he would be shichibukai level

Lee-tyme7
May 27, 2010, 03:27 PM

but they are in east blue and Iva didn't even know where Dragon was from. here (http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/11/)

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 03:29 PM
I don't know about that. Dragon wasn't there, Luffy's crew wasn't there, why would Sabo be there? I'm sure all of these individuals would've liked to have been there to play a role in the events that transpired at the marine headquarters, but perhaps it simply wasn't possible for them, or they had other vitally important things to do that they couldn't ignore, as important as those events at marine hq were. Why would the Revolutionary Army just ignore innocent people that were in need, it wouldn't make sense.

If they ignored those innocents to go save what were considered 'more important lives' how exactly would that have made their actions any different from those of the nobles back in the Goa Kingdom? They would, just as the nobles had, be placing more value on the lives of a few, over the lives of many.

Touché :amuse

But considering the relation between Ace, Sabo and Luffy, I think everything is possible.
Besides, before Impel Down's arc who'd have bet on Luffy breaking into that hell-hole of a prison surrounded by almost all the WG's army? notwithstanding he went there and went through all the 6 Levels to free his brother.
Well, I guess everyone but still. :tem

Schabrak
May 27, 2010, 04:04 PM
but they are in east blue and Iva didn't even know where Dragon was from. here (http://beta.onemanga.com/One_Piece/539/11/)Did you pick out a single post ignoring all those who answered to that comment? oO How should Iva have heard Dragon talking, if he did only arive, when he finished talking to Sabo? He just didn't hear him saying that.

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 04:11 PM
His duties to the RA are more important and hold more weight than saving Ace.

True, but a duty is nothing more than an obligation that is felt because the state power is prepared to inflict punishment upon failure to comply ... and that's nothing compared with this bond of brotherhood that existed/exist between Luffy, Sabo and Ace.

k-dom
May 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
Do you think Dragon know about Dadan ? Probably yes. I wonder if they will meet each other in the next chapters

Vizard5
May 27, 2010, 04:38 PM

omg!!! there are sabos everywhere! this can only mean one thing, vegapunk is working for the RA and have cloned sabo like he did kuma! this has to be true just look at the facts!

1. sabo has talked to dragon!!!!! there is no way dragon would talk to someone and not take them into his army.

2. all of these guys have hair and.. wait for it.... HATS!! it must be multiple sabos! it's true!

3. no need for more facts, there is no way they are not sabo.

Schabrak
May 27, 2010, 04:59 PM
Vizard 5[obviously being ironic], that was very rude of you, even though he only aimed at possible Sabo's. It's not that hard to keep a sophisticated discussion in here, so keep some manners please, unlike people in some other deprived boards.

Lee-tyme7
May 27, 2010, 05:10 PM
Did you pick out a single post ignoring all those who answered to that comment? oO How should Iva have heard Dragon talking, if he did only arive, when he finished talking to Sabo? He just didn't hear him saying that.

No it's not Iva bet you anything in next chapter dude. Iva was already introduce this is Oda way of showing a new character. ;)

Vizard5
May 27, 2010, 05:20 PM
hah... if someone feels offended, then i'm sorry. i was not striking out at deffkryz or anyone else in particular. just tired or people jumping to conclusion, and stating them as facts and starting pointless discussions that leads nowhere.(whitch deffkryz didn't do at all btw. i just wanted that picture) and some of the theories out there are so silly and unlikely that they shouldnt live on after it was posted, but is lifted up and glorified by people ignoring all the things that makes it seem unlikely. and it's so annoying.... my comment was just for self-amusement , displaying the sillyness of some of the ideas out there. (cuz don't tell me that someone actually haveing a theory exactly like that is unlikely ; )

k-dom
May 27, 2010, 05:27 PM
I find your post very funny, thanks. If even manga forum needs to be politically correct where are we going ? Between Sabo everywhere and Luffy's mother I really needed a good laugh

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 05:50 PM
I think Sabo is dead, and to be more precise he died during that fire thing, because otherwise Ace wouldn't have said "The Sabo thing" in this situation (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/10/), and instead of that he could have said something like If you happen to meet Sabo or run across him, Could you tell him Goodbye from me (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/)?

Unless it's a mutual thing ... I mean, Ace and Luffy think Sabo's dead, and Sabo thinks they're dead. But then again, Sabo would probably look for them when Ace became a famous pirate three years ago, and now Luffy.

Poneglyph420
May 27, 2010, 05:51 PM
Sabo is everywhere... especially in my belly.. he was yummy!

The best part of OP IMHO is that Oda leaves things as mysteries and allows us to postulate on things between chapters. But even unfounded ideas are welcome, or at least amusing.

I really don't know what will come to pass with Sabo. But I'm really enjoying the "discussion" here. More so I'd like to know how all this goes down and somehow Luffy remains on this mess of an island for years after...

I mean this is no small matter obviously..

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 06:04 PM
I think this flashback is/was supposed to be a Ace or/and Luffy's flashback, although this feels so much more like a Sabo one ... His character gets fleshed out more and more and I love it. But to be fair everything seems to be related. xD

Bonfire01
May 27, 2010, 06:32 PM
No it's not Iva bet you anything in next chapter dude. Iva was already introduce this is Oda way of showing a new character. ;)

Or it might be his way of getting us all excited and talking about who it is.... then showing Iva :).

I've been trying to think about people Oda might foreshadow now and introduce soon. I always assumed Luffy's mum is dead, or if alive must have some huge plot twist attached. I don't think seeing her with Dragon at that point would do such a good job of explaining why she never went to see Luffy. Dragon had a good reason in that he didn't want his infamy to harm Luffy. If his mum isn't famous enough to have got a mention then I can't see her reason for staying away.

I might be overthinking it of course :). Hopefully Oda will show us next chapter (and i predict it'll be Iva since the way of talking is so similar plus it makes sense for Dragon's second in command to be there at the start of the RA's actions).

rickfox
May 27, 2010, 08:05 PM
I think Sabo is dead, and to be more precise he died during that fire thing, because otherwise Ace wouldn't have said "The Sabo thing" in this situation (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/10/), and instead of that he could have said something like If you happen to meet Sabo or run across him, Could you tell him Goodbye from me (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/)?

what if Luffy & Ace "think" Sabo is dead ,but the truth suggest otherwise(which they don't know).

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 08:16 PM
what if Luffy & Ace "think" Sabo is dead ,but the truth suggest otherwise(which they don't know).

That's exactly what I said in the second phrase

... otherwise Ace wouldn't have said "The Sabo thing" in this situation (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/10/), and instead of that he could have said something like If you happen to meet Sabo or run across him, Could you tell him Goodbye from me (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/11/)?

Unless it's a mutual thing ... I mean, Ace and Luffy think Sabo's dead, and Sabo thinks they're dead. But then again, Sabo would probably look for them when Ace became a famous pirate three years ago, and now Luffy.

rickfox
May 27, 2010, 08:34 PM

three possible Paths for Sabo

1, become a dead man in this flashback
2, follow Dragon's guidance, join the army of Revolution as a boy soldier
3, follow Dragon's instruction, undertake the most suffering task-----maintain his status as a noble---grow up and marry some high ranking family's daughter,and thus become an officer/lord of world goverment to function as an agent for Revolution Army

if the future plot indicate he go for Path 2 or Path 3,then this Sabo would probably look for them when Ace became a famous pirate three years ago, and now Luffy is not likely to happen,especially if Oda make him to choose Path 3.

El-Thor
May 27, 2010, 08:46 PM
Jeez, Dragon is shown once and everyone is part of the RA now. Sabo will not be part of the RA. He has no reason. He wants to be a PIRATE not a Revolutionary. He wants to be FREE not Change the world.

Sabo is either dead or got paired up with a Tenryubito and is living in Marijoa (spelling !)

ceasar
May 27, 2010, 08:55 PM
three possible Paths for Sabo

1, become a dead man in this flashback
2, follow Dragon's guidance, join the army of Revolution as a boy soldier
3, follow Dragon's instruction, undertake the most suffering task-----maintain his status as a noble---grow up and marry some high ranking family's daughter,and thus become an officer/lord of world goverment to function as an agent for Revolution Army

if the future plot indicate he go for Path 2 or Path 3,then this Sabo would probably look for them when Ace became a famous pirate three years ago, and now Luffy would not happen,especially if Oda make him to choose Path 3.

I believe that sabo is a high ranking revolutionary now he may even be the guy we saw freeing neco robin way back. This is what I expect he believes that Ace and Luffy may have died but has later been informed differently but because he knew that dragon and roger were both the parents of them it was dangerous.
[hr]

Jeez, Dragon is shown once and everyone is part of the RA now. Sabo will not be part of the RA. He has no reason. He wants to be a PIRATE not a Revolutionary. He wants to be FREE not Change the world.

Sabo is either dead or got paired up with a Tenryubito and is living in Marijoa (spelling !)

Oh and finding out that people were going to be burned alive and nobles and royality were knowingly letting it happen isn't a big enough reason for him to change his mind. And want to work to change the world that lets this happen.

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
if the future plot indicate he go for Path 2 or Path 3,then this Sabo would probably look for them when Ace became a famous pirate three years ago, and now Luffy is not likely to happen,especially if Oda make him to choose Path 3.

I won't say the 3 paths you stated are wrong, in fact they are very likely assuming that he's alive.(but the RA thing I'm not buying it ... as El-Thor said he wants to be free not change the world ... well, unless he doesn't want kids like him to do things they don't want to do and the only thing they want is freedom.)
And I guess you got me wrong, I was just saying that if he's alive and "thinks" that Ace&Luffy are dead, when Ace became a famous pirate three years ago, wouldn't be normal for him to throw whatever he has his hands in and go looking for his "bother".
And don't tell me he has better things to do.:notrust

El-Thor
May 27, 2010, 09:02 PM
Oh and finding out that people were going to be burned alive and nobles and royality were knowingly letting it happen isn't a big enough reason for him to change his mind. And want to work to change the world that lets this happen.

It's true that those events changed his mind. But they made him be ashamed of his heritage. They did not make him want to change the world (At least that's how I understood it). I'm quite sure Oda introduced Dragon in the flashback to show us more about his ambitions and dreams as well as tie in old characters with new ones.

BlackHair
May 27, 2010, 09:03 PM
I honestly don't understand where Oda is going with this flashback. I though the original purpose of this flashback was for Luffy to overcome his loss and to develop Ace's character for us reader. Now we have Dragon, Nobles, Politic... At this point it seems more like a setup for a upcoming greater arc, we might even see Dragon after this flashback.

rickfox
May 27, 2010, 09:08 PM

He has no reason. He wants to be a PIRATE,He wants to be FREE----that is before he witness the horrible crime committed by goverment and the true face of the noble class.

now he has a reason(if Oda wills it)--be a pirate? Sabo feels absolutely helpless and powerless to save his dear brothers and any civilian. next time if he does'nt want to experence the same feeling again, be a pirate is certainly not the best solution

got paired up with a Tenryubito and is living in Marijoa ---then it is Path 3,no other reasonable motive can explain how can he endure such torture(he hates the filth noble class and regime so much) ----in order to destory them.

Black Lagoon
May 27, 2010, 09:11 PM
@BlackHair : Yeah, it's very likely and that would be the same as when WhiteBeard and Shanks meet before Amazon lily, Impel down and the war's Arcs.

El-Thor
May 27, 2010, 09:20 PM
1)He has no reason. He wants to be a PIRATE,He wants to be FREE----that is before he witness the horrible crime committed by goverment and the true face of the noble class.

now he has a reason(if Oda wills it)

2)got paired up with a Tenryubito and is living in Marijoa ---then it is Path 3,no other reasonable motive can explain how can he endure such torture(he hates the filth noble class and regime so much) ----in order to destory them.

1) Yes, the more reason for him to want to be free and escape the corruption of his kind.

2) It's true, he could just have escaped once again and be done with it. Perhaps after hearing what Dragon had to say, he decided to change things from within. He could have easily started to study hard and raise in rank just to be able to make a difference. Just note that I'm saying he stayed with his parents because of what Dragon said, not because he joined the RA and became some sort of spy.

The reason I don't see him joining RA is because, like I said before, he wants to be a pirate and wants to be free, and I really don't think Dragon would have accepted a random kid into his army. He doesn't seem like that kind of dude.

rickfox
May 27, 2010, 09:30 PM
1) Yes, the more reason for him to want to be free and escape the corruption of his kind.

2) It's true, he could just have escaped once again and be done with it. Perhaps after hearing what Dragon had to say, he decided to change things from within. He could have easily started to study hard and raise in rank just to be able to make a difference. Just note that I'm saying he stayed with his parents because of what Dragon said, not because he joined the RA and became some sort of spy.

The reason I don't see him joining RA is because, like I said before, he wants to be a pirate and wants to be free, and I really don't think Dragon would have accepted a random kid into his army. He doesn't seem like that kind of dude.

Sabo feels absolutely helpless and powerless to save his dear brothers and any civilian. next time if he does'nt want to experience the same feeling again, be a pirate is certainly not the best solution.

joined the RA and became some sort of spy---there are true cases in reality that people do not have to join some organization in order to work on the same cause or purpose----some sort of Alliance

as my post #203----to function as an agent for Revolution Army-----dose'nt mean he is Revolution Army

be able to make a difference---this is a mildness way to say his purpose----to make a difference , get rid of something(not all of them) first.

Poneglyph420
May 27, 2010, 09:40 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67373685/12

Sabo does seem pretty intent on his goals here.. He want to become free and step beyond the "destiny" his family had set for him. He is looking for freedom and for a way to document what he feels is right. He also does say "no matter what" he's getting out of this Kingdom.. So it could be taken in various ways.
But for three boys who had little family structure to build bonds of brotherhood and promise to each other to become pirates, to me at least seems like a serious promise. Sure Sabo could achieve his goals in the RA but why would he break his promise...

That and would Dragon really recruit based on sympathy??
If so it's a side of Dragon not yet seen....

rickfox
May 27, 2010, 09:51 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/67373685/12

Sabo does seem pretty intent on his goals here.. He want to become free and step beyond the "destiny" his family had set for him. He is looking for freedom and for a way to document what he feels is right. He also does say "no matter what" he's getting out of this Kingdom.. So it could be taken in various ways.
But for three boys who had little family structure to build bonds of brotherhood and promise to each other to become pirates, to me at least seems like a serious promise. Sure Sabo could achieve his goals in the RA but why would he break his promise...

That and would Dragon really recruit based on sympathy??
If so it's a side of Dragon not yet seen....

Let's assume Sabo become a Pirate later, then it comes the similar problem Mr Black Lagoon stated in post #199--after these years since Ace become a famous Pirate and during recent year Luffy's name also knew by the world,why Sabo( as a Priate) has not yet go and meet them? and after the news of Ace being captured spreaded around world,Priate Sabo not even went to save his dear brother??

panasit
May 27, 2010, 09:59 PM
I think something happen that make Sabo no lonber become their brother. I suspect he become that good of a double agent.

Whatever the reason why Sabo didn't come to rescue Ace. I think it is the same as the reason why Shank came at the end, or a lot of people don't bother to come. Either they live too far away or they thought Whitebeard could handle it.

I still hope that the revolution army guy who rescue Robin is Sabo. Others wear animal hat, he wear blackhat with feather on top of it. That could be a sign that guy is a writer.

rickfox
May 27, 2010, 10:19 PM
Gentlemen, those flahback eposides which begin from chapter 582 are actually start from Luffy's memory(or start from Luffy's brain), but as we can see now, there are many parts of this flahback plot certainly not come from Luffy's brain(becuase Luffy didn't particpated in many events from those flahback)

it is possible when this flashback part finally finished, it may end up in someone else's memory ( brain) ,if that happen, guess who will be this "someone"?

k-dom
May 28, 2010, 01:00 AM
What is it with this memory issue. All the flashbacks are the same since the beginning.
They are not a character memory, they are a display of what really happened in the past. The start of the flasback by a character remembering is just here as an introduction

SenninSage
May 28, 2010, 01:09 AM
Let's assume Sabo become a Pirate later, then it comes the similar problem Mr Black Lagoon stated in post #199--after these years since Ace become a famous Pirate and during recent year Luffy's name also knew by the world,why Sabo( as a Priate) has not yet go and meet them? and after the news of Ace being captured spreaded around world,Priate Sabo not even went to save his dear brother??

That's rather simple, really. How is it that not a single member of the Strawhat Pirates arrived there to help Luffy? You do know full well they would've done literally anything they could to have been there right?

Perhaps it wasn't a possibility for Sabo, as much as it may have pained him.

Man... I'm just thinking about how impossibly strong Zoro has, and probably will, become after all of this. Can you imagine what kind of strength he'll probably go on to develop to prevent Luffy from ever experiencing such a loss again? Man, when he makes his return to the manga, it's going to be something epic.

Oda is amazing at this stuff, man. Do you realize what we are here anticipating? We are anticipating the reappearance of characters that have been around in the manga literally forever, as if they were new exciting characters we've never seen before. That's quite an accomplishment, I think.

Poneglyph420
May 28, 2010, 01:26 AM

Not that I think there's no potential that Sabo could of become a RA "agent", but I just think in a manga based on the theme of Nakama promises count for a lot. Even if Sabo was working for the RA or as a pirate it's a big and crazy world. There's a million reasons he couldn't make it (Distance, duties, clear and present danger, a bad tummy ache)

Or he's dead.
Yeah. Maybe he's dead.
Honestly I have no Idea...

This flashback is clearly more intense than previously expected..

I really am starting to think that maybe Sabo dies somehow in this flashback, and Luffy and Ace vow to not lose each other...
Hmm??

rickfox
May 28, 2010, 01:42 AM
That's rather simple, really. How is it that not a single member of the Strawhat Pirates arrived there to help Luffy? You do know full well they would've done literally anything they could to have been there right?

Perhaps it wasn't a possibility for Sabo, as much as it may have pained him.

member of the Strawhat Pirates----so Sabo is in the same status as those SH?--just been defeat and sent to nowhere and stuck there?

the news of Ace execution was published about 10 days before it carries out.

in the Case of Luffy,he wasted 2-3 days before he heard the news,yet he still can reach Marineford.

WhiteBeard got enough time to assemble all those NewWorld Pirates.

someone must make a very good reason to explain how Sabo(if he is a pirate)can stay away from it.

And as I stated before , it is possible that in Luffy&Ace's mind,Sabo is dead. thus if Sabo is a priate----All these years since Ace become a famous Pirate and during recent year Luffy's name also knew by the world,why Sabo( as a Priate) has not yet go and meet them or at least let those two know that he is still alive?

Black Lagoon
May 28, 2010, 02:17 AM
I honestly don't understand where Oda is going with this flashback. I though the original purpose of this flashback was for Luffy to overcome his loss and to develop Ace's character for us reader. Now we have Dragon, Nobles, Politic... At this point it seems more like a setup for a upcoming greater arc, we might even see Dragon after this flashback.
This whole arc feels like an amazing filler ... Complete with a kid character who comes out of nowhere and becomes the focus of the arc ... Well, we still don't know what was exactly his contribution to Ace and Luffy's future (back then).

Anyway, I can't wait to see Dragon slaughtering those disgusting pieces of trash (they're the real trash). :shakefist

deffkryz
May 28, 2010, 02:20 AM
What is it with this memory issue. All the flashbacks are the same since the beginning.
They are not a character memory, they are a display of what really happened in the past. The start of the flasback by a character remembering is just here as an introduction

Well, somehow they are: When Ace remembered his first encounter with Luffy, Garp slapped him with the other hand as when Luffy remembered the encounter. ;)

Blair Mc. Coy
May 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
It is now clear that the flashback does not cover the entire history of Luffy, as we see events that Luffy has not lived. At this point I think Oda is introducing the issues we face in the New World.

Yes I would say that is an intro to the New World, maybe Dragon meet after the island of Fish-Man then this rate has more or less in 2011 ... ahahahaha

In the next chapter revolutionaries put out the fire, but frankly I do not know if Sabo will join the group of Dragon would be cool though, Luffy certainly not meet neither Dragon nor Tenryuubito.

Where Sabo should become a revolutionary creed not tell why Luffy at Water 7 if Robin did explain what had seemed the first time I heard about.

anaskr
May 28, 2010, 04:28 AM
errrrrrr.......... sabo is in the revolutionary !!

Lee-tyme7
May 28, 2010, 05:02 AM
If Luffy does turn out to be a noble then he can marry a royal, and I'm talking about Vivi or Hancock. Luffy would probably seem more attractive to Vivi now but I dunno about Hancock cus she hate the nobles. XD

tereta_foba
May 28, 2010, 06:28 AM
I don't think Dragon is "nice" enough to just take any kid into his future army.

do you really believe that sabo is a simple kid???? he must be the only one who left his rotten pride alone and tried to protect all those that are being called ''trash''.....look at dragons face when he listens to sabo....god he must feel quite sympathy for that child!!!

PH3000
May 28, 2010, 06:31 AM
If Luffy does turn out to be a noble then he can marry a royal, and I'm talking about Vivi or Hancock. Luffy would probably seem more attractive to Vivi now but I dunno about Hancock cus she hate the nobles. XD

OMG i read about luffy being a noble not only this time...
Do you really think Oda would pull this "the bad man is a noble" thing another time? Dragon isn't a noble only because he was born in goa. Goa Kingdom is not only the "high town", like its name says, its a kingdom. And a Kingdom has lots of humans aside from those with blue blood xD

I think the problem of luffy marriage is: it will never happen. luffy has no interest in women and the problems of the main protagonist getting in love would blow up the plot line. imo he has enough problems:) (phps something foolish & uncomplicated like son goku ... ... ... unlikely)

FluffBall
May 28, 2010, 07:39 AM
luffy is pretty dense when it comes to women and marriage so i think its highly unlikely that luffy will marry and it is possible sabo has joined the revolutionary. he could have seen how powerful they were (though not as strong as to put an end to it as dragon states) and chased after them so he could join them and maybe stop other people/nobles doing the same things as he might not want anyone to suffer or anything.
well anyways i think that if sabo did join the revolutionary he and luffy will meet oneday.
- Can't wait for next chapter!!!!!!! >.<

beastboy
May 28, 2010, 07:57 AM
I'll not talk about Sabo cause there are to many possibility's, but after reading a post somewhere in this thread, I got a prediction about Luffy's mom:
Dragon was a pirate, that met a Girl, he married her, and had a child named Monkey D Luffy, but the girl's father was a Tenryuu, that beat her almost to death, and locked her in her room, Dragon started growing hate for the World Government, and so he left the kid in his home land, while researching bad things the WG did... until he formed the RA...

(I'm not totally serious about this more than cliche story lawl... but I would find it funny with some arrangements)

tereta_foba
May 28, 2010, 07:58 AM
luffy is pretty dense when it comes to women and marriage so i think its highly unlikely that luffy will marry and it is possible sabo has joined the revolutionary. he could have seen how powerful they were (though not as strong as to put an end to it as dragon states) and chased after them so he could join them and maybe stop other people/nobles doing the same things as he might not want anyone to suffer or anything.
well anyways i think that if sabo did join the revolutionary he and luffy will meet oneday.
- Can't wait for next chapter!!!!!!! >.<

i agree......the whole situation inside the town would surely be travmatic for sabo....and the best way to get power to stop the cruelties is to join dragon's organization so...a second reason for leaving has finally showed up....

WickedNeko
May 28, 2010, 08:16 AM
...unless Sabo dies in the flashback.

llmcduff
May 28, 2010, 08:26 AM
Does anyone think Stelly looks like Duval after the operation - especially the eyes? I'm not saying it's him since the age doesn't fit, so don't get on me.

I'm really curious about what special circumstances could have happened for a noble to not be able to raise their child anymore and give him up for adoption, especially one who's such a "good boy" like him. I think he'll play an important role somewhere down the line being introduced out of nowhere like he did.

WickedNeko
May 28, 2010, 08:46 AM
I hope Sabo doesn't die, too... but I see (and I'm sure others did as well) couple of foreshadowing / set up / hints for "dramatic" Sabo death.

On a brighter note, I wonder if we'll finally get to see Dragon's DF ability, assuming that's what Dragon used to free Luffy from Smoker back in Loguetown (and not another variation / technique involving haki).

Lofwyr
May 28, 2010, 09:04 AM
Could it be that it's so windy in this chapter due to Dragon's DF? I mean he has some kind of weather DF, doesn't he?

Matuzaleu
May 28, 2010, 09:43 AM
Sabo is RA or not, only next week

-

this chapter has to see clearly the power of the Dragon

especially when thrown away Sabo

Dragon's power equal the legend of Shenlong

RichardMNixon
May 28, 2010, 10:42 AM
do you really believe that sabo is a simple kid???? he must be the only one who left his rotten pride alone and tried to protect all those that are being called ''trash''.....look at dragons face when he listens to sabo....god he must feel quite sympathy for that child!!!

Agreed, he's definitely got the ambition thing going for him. Plus he beat up on Luffy and almost fought even with Ace during their training. If he's still around, he's going to be a big deal.

johnnyb7
May 28, 2010, 10:55 AM
I hope we'll be able to see more of Dragon's power next chapter. I'm still guessing that he is a air type logia dvil fruit user. That'd be cool.
Perhaps Dragon is the reason Ace has an ability?

Uriel
May 28, 2010, 11:03 AM
As far as we know, Ace did not got his DF until He left the island. Luffy said it somewhere in the manga that He did not know Ace had a DF too.

Vizard5
May 28, 2010, 11:26 AM
yea, ace didn't get his ability untill after he left, so sometime in the past 3 years.. there is still a possibility that he had the fruit before that, but that dosen't really make any sense.

Razh
May 28, 2010, 12:30 PM
Told ya that this noble thing smells like revolution to me. I knew who the man in the cloak was the moment I saw him. It's a nice twist. I was almost sure Sabo will die, but now, I'm not so sure.

So, I'm really excited about seeing (more of) Dragon's powers.

ScorpionGR
May 28, 2010, 12:31 PM
if sabo was in a revolutionary army why he didn't try save ace from the execution ... so i think sabo is not a revolutionary and possible sabo is dead now... like the others flashback from the strawhats

Zoro flashback : Kuina died
Nami flashback : Bellemere died
Chopper flashback : Hiluluk died
Ussop flashback : Banchina died ussop mother
Sanji flashback : sanji was the only one who survived the attack along with zeff
Brook flashback : he lost all the crew
Franky flashback : tom died
Robin flashback : all from her hometown died also her mother nico olivia
Luffy flashback : sabo gonna die

now i think the one who gonna burn out the fire gonna be dragon maybe in this chapter we gonna found out what exacty is dragon power

1nfamous
May 28, 2010, 12:31 PM
Sorry if someone posted a prediction that I might sau again

Prediction: Some peole believe that Sabo might become a RA, which I think is possible. Dragon takes in Sabo, but ask Sabo if he would give up everything he has in the future, for the RA. He gives everything up to help the future of the world, so no one would ever feel his pain again. For Sabo not to help and save Ace, Dragon probably wouldnt let him, because Sabo is actually doing a mission. Luffy and Ace might think Sabos dead, but really didnt die.

k-dom
May 28, 2010, 01:33 PM
We have yet to see the 'Sabo thing'. Sabo joining the revolutionnaries without Ace and Luffy knowing is not really convincing me.

Will Sabo do something while the Tenryubito is on the island ? Also we don't really know what is this inspection about. They only arrive in 3 days, it's a long time wrt to the current pace of the chapters.

llamapie
May 28, 2010, 01:52 PM
if sabo was in a revolutionary army why he didn't try save ace from the execution ... so i think sabo is not a revolutionary and possible sabo is dead now... like the others flashback from the strawhats

Sanji flashback : sanji was the only one who survived the attack along with zeff

now i think the one who gonna burn out the fire gonna be dragon maybe in this chapter we gonna found out what exacty is dragon power

Kaze Kaze fruit is my guess. :P A wind element logia, would be epic.

deffkryz
May 28, 2010, 02:26 PM
We have yet to see the 'Sabo thing'. Sabo joining the revolutionnaries without Ace and Luffy knowing is not really convincing me.

Luffy didn't even know anything about the World Revolution until Gramps told him his father actually was the head of that Revolution movement which was explained to him by Robin... So, if Sabo only told them "I've got a real dream: Saving the world from that aristocratic crap." - or left without meeting them again, it's totally explainable.

But I agree, Sabo is most likely about to die - a 10y old revolutionist is hard to think of.

El-Thor
May 28, 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that by the "Sabo Thing" Ace means hist past with Sabo, like the flashback we are being shown. But more precisely, he is probably talking about when Sabo told his dad he will obey him if only he spares Ace and Luffy. That incident (along with Luffy's speech about being alone) gave Ace enough reason to want to live.

What Oda is showing us now is NOT part of the "Sabo Thing" and is just a flashback giving us more info on Sabo, Dragon and how it ties in with other events involving Ace and Luff.

k-dom
May 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
How Sabo leaving them would give Ace the desire to live !? No there is still something else

Bugzee
May 28, 2010, 03:34 PM
I thought this week's chapter was great! *I'm so glad we actually got a chapter this week haha XD* I wasn't expecting such a twist with Dragon making an appearance in these flashbacks.

I hope we'll be able to see more of Dragon's power next chapter. I'm still guessing that he is a air type logia dvil fruit user. That'd be cool.

I really hope we see some action from Dragon as well. It's about time Oda gives us a small glimpse of his capabilities. Air type or wind type logia would be cool but I'm hoping for an all round weather df ability or a mythical dragon df. :shakefist

yea, ace didn't get his ability untill after he left, so sometime in the past 3 years.. there is still a possibility that he had the fruit before that, but that dosen't really make any sense.

Yep but I sure hope we get to see the moment when Ace found the fruit...maybe not in this current flashback though. :s

Edit: I say Sabo lives! We've already had one tragic death, I don't want to see another one....:crying

deffkryz
May 28, 2010, 04:39 PM
How Sabo leaving them would give Ace the desire to live !? No there is still something else

It's not that he left them. It's the time Sabo and Ace were friends that made Ace want to live - before Ace met Sabo he was alone. That is the "Sabo thing". I wonder if Sabo dies, will we see a "flashback inside a flashback"? The part that Sabo makes Ace want to live? o_O

Marche
May 28, 2010, 05:01 PM
I think than Saboo will die (in the truth he could became a rivolutionary or also became a slave for the Tenryuubito (if I have time I will add more detail in the future)), because from what He said to Dragon (when he ask him to listen) seem me than that are his "last words".

Black Lagoon
May 28, 2010, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that by the "Sabo Thing" Ace means hist past with Sabo, like the flashback we are being shown. But more precisely, he is probably talking about when Sabo told his dad he will obey him if only he spares Ace and Luffy. That incident (along with Luffy's speech about being alone) gave Ace enough reason to want to live.

What Oda is showing us now is NOT part of the "Sabo Thing" and is just a flashback giving us more info on Sabo, Dragon and how it ties in with other events involving Ace and Luff.

Good point ... And I think Ace might have thought that If Sabo hadn't interfered back then, they would probably be dead right now (I mean Both).
Which from his tone, would at least explain why there is no message for Sabo (they think he's dead).

chess4
May 28, 2010, 05:54 PM
i really hope sabo is alive. why would oda give his age? luffy cant lose both of his brothers right?

what i would like to happen is that sabo has been with the RA and is cool with dragon. hearing what happen to ace he will want to protect luffy and will get permission from dragon to join luffy's crew. he will be strong but not stronger than the monster trio, but slightly below zoro and sanji.

i have said before that i think this is sabo's flashback and oda is setting him up to make an appearance.

Black Lagoon
May 28, 2010, 06:12 PM
Well, it's possible ... kinda killing two birds with one stone, Introducing Sabo and giving a final farewell to Ace.

El-Thor
May 28, 2010, 06:48 PM
Well, it's possible ... kinda killing two birds with one stone, Introducing Sabo and giving a final farewell to Ace.

Precisely.

Someone even pointed out how someone dies in every flashbacks the SHs had. Well, in Luffys flashback Ace dies (although indirectly). Ace was VERY important to Luffy and now he is dead, just like Kuina, Namis mom, Robins people, etc. and now they are all dead.

zerocooldx
May 28, 2010, 06:51 PM

Yeah at the end of the flashback Oda could very well show a figure, Sabo, shedding a few tears for Ace.

stoz500
May 28, 2010, 09:05 PM

Its not Sabo leaving but sacrifising his freedom and dream to let Ace and Luffy live that gives Ace the desire to live. Otherwise Sabo's sacrifice was for nothing.

terrorei
May 28, 2010, 10:16 PM
after reading a post somewhere in this thread, I got a prediction about Luffy's mom

You mean most likely my post ^^. My version has many similaritys with yours besides that Dragon was a Marine with his father rather than a Pirate. And he met Luffy's mother while retrieving her. (Maybe she has run away like Sabo did, or was kidnapped in some way, or both).
One the way back the fell in love. Luffys mother could convince Dragon to hide with her somewhere. Somewhere 1 year after that they were found by Garp :P (Luffy have been born already), and she was took away. Dragons live has been spared by Garp. Since Dragon couldn't marry her officially because of the CD rules of marrying. He may have sought a way to kidnap her.
This arrangements mentioned last chapter could have been arrangements to kidnap the CD (if it is Luffys mother).
I can think of many ways, how it could fit in the story, but it would be to much for a Chapter discussion ^^.

Ace could also think, that Sabo gave up his Dream of being free so Ace and Luffy wouldn't be harmed. So Aces thought as his responsibility to give Sabo his freedom again. Would also fit with the fact, that Ace was so eager to get WB Head to get more fame.

Ipoopshootingstars
May 28, 2010, 10:49 PM
Oda always suprises me! Who would have thought that Dragon would play any part in this flashback. So do this mean that Sabo is part of the Revolutionaries? I sure hope so because it would be hilarious when he and Luffy reinite and he tells Sabo that dragon is his father!

k-dom
May 29, 2010, 01:25 AM
Its not Sabo leaving but sacrifising his freedom and dream to let Ace and Luffy live that gives Ace the desire to live. Otherwise Sabo's sacrifice was for nothing.

Well then the Flashback would be finished but there are still bigger events to come and Sabo will be part of them. Also Ace and Luffy are constantly speaking about Sabo which is a bit suspicious. I think that Ace has not given up about Sabo and is waiting for him to come back after clearing his mind

cowknuckles
May 29, 2010, 01:43 AM
sabo meeting dragon just support my theory that sabo will join the straw hat crew. somehow or another either dragon will take sabo with him and train him as his student. i have a feeling in the next arc we will see sabo again all grown up. he'll even be the messenger of dragon since the last chapter shown that dragon was once a noble. like dragon, sabo does not like the life of a noble for what they've done, in this case burning up the trash and the people dwelling within it.

so my theory still stands that sabo will join with the straw hats in suggesting of dragon. he'll have a wind element dark fruit because i dont know anyone else who has an wind element dark fruit besides...err don flamingo?

monkey D luffy
May 29, 2010, 02:26 AM

as i see things sabo might die without actually dying. confused? read more!

dragon is gonna blow up goa. sabo is there so when ti does explode ace and luffy think that sabo dies and all hell breaks loose. luffy and ace gets seperated and luffy sees ace engulfed in flames (not his mera mera no mi) and thinks he dies too. luffy starts crying and running when he comes out of the fire dadan takes him in. luffy is starting to cry even louder and says that he lost his brothers. then aces comes and says did you really think ill die and leave you alone? i will live forever for you or something to this extent. they pleadge to become great pirates in the memory of sabo, who secrificed himself so they could be free. but sabo isnt really dead. he is with dragon as a RA recruit. of course both luffy and ace dont know this and think he is dead.

Duc :D
May 29, 2010, 02:56 AM
like the idea of Sabo for mugiwara but I don't know how people can think he would be weaker then the monster trio then? I mean cmon he was always as strong as ace which also means he beat the shit out of Luffy and considering he trained under Dragon he must be hella strong, heck maybe he is even an top tier Revolutionary commander.