PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Who best uses their Devil Fruit?

poopoomaru
May 20, 2010, 03:41 AM
So this is a poll and discussion on who you all think is the best user of their Devil Fruit. This is about versatility, intelligence, usefulness, power, creativity, and sheer awe factor. While power is one factor, it is not the point. Ace having the Fire Logia and making a big ball of fire is not a masterful use of his Devil Fruit. Enel having the lightning Logia and using it to jump start his heart after death is.

Oda seems to have made a big point that its not what Devil Fruit power you have, but how well you master it. Luffy has a seemingly useless power, and yet has pulled ridiculous abilities from it with his Gears. So this thread is all about who pulls the most out of their Devil Fruit?

Edit: Max of 30 options for the Poll, so I just made the Top 30 memorable Fruit Users I could think of, and as better users are suggested or appear I will change the Poll.

ScratchmenApoo
May 20, 2010, 05:29 AM
I would've voted for Luffy, but then I remembered Gecko Moria. When you first think about the ability to control shadows, it seems pretty useless. But looking at the techniques he has mastered (putting shadows into the dead to make undead, creating a clone of himself, creating weapons (long spear), creating scouting bats etc.) shadows can be quite awesome.
Now we haven't seen all of his powers and we won't anymore, because he is dead, but I think it would've been awesome if he could control every shadow there is, because shadows are everywhere. That would mean he has "ammunition" everywhere where there is sunlight.

The second thing I want to point out is that, and this goes to most DF users, that we haven't seen their full capabilities, but for me, Sengoku is the most mysterious one. He can turn into a giant but also cause shockwaves. Is it a Mythical Zoan or some weird Paramecia ? This variety of powers leads me to conclude, that he has a TON of special attacks. Then again, when it comes to the amount of different attacks, Luffy wins by far.

hossice
May 20, 2010, 05:30 AM
It was a tough choice (for me) between Luffy and Robin. but Luffy all around IS someone who would come up with the crazziest shit. but Robin isn't. Like a spider net, or the wings. I wouldn't of thought to use my hands for that. And the tree. Or putting your ear behind a rock to listen to what happened to a friend (zoro). Or an eye ball on a hand to look for someone (usopp in skypea).

frontaLobotomy
May 20, 2010, 06:51 AM
As we have seen the most versatile range of attacks from Luffy, I would have been inclined to say him. But, in terms of getting the job done using their power, I went with Akainu. Magellan being a close second in that respect.
In about a year, this will have changed completely I would imagine. Blackbeard having full control of 2 DF abilities would be too difficult to overlook.

bittman
May 20, 2010, 07:48 AM
I can't actually go past Enel. Sure we've seen some people take their devil fruit powers to something unexpected (Robin, Luffy, Moria) and there a lot people who have shown a high level of mastery over their devil fruit, yet we've seen very little of (3 Admirals, Sengoku, the Supernovas), but Enel is quite possibly the one person in One Piece that we've probably seen the full extent of his fruit's powers unleashed.

As a logia, the Goro Goro no Mi is naturally a powerful fruit able to control electricity, sure. But I've seen plenty of logias already, and none have had the imagination and control Enel has displayed. Not only able to alter the number of volts in his electrical charges, but also able to give them amazing shapes and forms which serve different purposes.

And even though probably being the most skilled elemental logia shown to date would probably be enough, Enel was able to take his powers to different levels. Gold alchemy, creating heat through his energy, powering an entire ship and even creating an enormous lightning cloud able to destroy an entire island of decent size.

Sure, I may rate Enel as nothing special physically and mentally, but of all the characters so far in the manga he has shown the greatest mastery of his devil fruit.

P.S. I don't get the Luffy votes. Sure, the gears are quite imaginative, but he doesn't so much "use" his devil fruit as much as it's just a part of who he is. Honestly speaking Gear 2 was the first time he really "used" his devil fruit powers, the rest was just manipulating the body given to him.

That said, could just be how I've interpreted the topic. You may argue that manipulating his given body is the "best use" of his devil fruit.

EDIT: Accidentally called Enel's fruit Kizarus, whoops (thanks undertoe)

BetaRuler
May 20, 2010, 07:52 AM
I think I will vote Enel, if only for the level of destruction he caused, and yeah restarting his heart beat is pretty awesome, I also believe Magellan has a monstrous ammount of control over his poison, and Crocodiles shown a pretty good demonstration of what his powers can do, even absorbing water with his hand.

Gecko Morias power over shadows is also pretty awesome, but alas I don't think he's truly mastered his fruit if he's only just discovering he can put other peoples shadows into himself to make himself stronger, if he'd have known that from the beginning he might have easily crushed Luffy. Though we haven't seen him die now, if he comes back again later we might get to see more potential with his fruit.

Another odd answer from Oda (slightly off topic here) is that he answered no 2 people have had the same fruit power (or something like that), do you ever believe then that we may get to see some one else with a same devil fruit power, like some one else with a Fire logia using it better than Ace did, or some one else with Morias same shadow powers but using them better than he did (if he is dead now say).

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 08:58 AM
Pika Pika no Mi

That's Kizaru's fruit ;). Enel is the Goro Goro no Mi.

I thought Croco was pretty awesome. I mean, he went to the desert (may seem obvious, but I don't see Aokiji hanging out near glaciers or Akainu chilling around volcanoes, even though I'm sure this would greatly magnify their powers) where his powers are nigh untouchable. Not only is there no water around (his major weakness), but he can do really cool things like detect underwater rivers to create sinkholes. That's impressive.

Still, I voted Luffy. >_>

RichardMNixon
May 20, 2010, 10:47 AM
P.S. I don't get the Luffy votes. Sure, the gears are quite imaginative, but he doesn't so much "use" his devil fruit as much as it's just a part of who he is. Honestly speaking Gear 2 was the first time he really "used" his devil fruit powers, the rest was just manipulating the body given to him.

That said, could just be how I've interpreted the topic. You may argue that manipulating his given body is the "best use" of his devil fruit.

I feel quite the opposite. Maybe Enel did some neat stuff, but for most DF users they only do what's expected from their DF. Magellan has lots of poisons, Croc hits people with sand, Kizaru shoots lasers. Luffy is made of rubber, doesn't sound that exciting. Then suddenly he becomes a giant or gets super speed? WTF? Definitely the most creative uses of a DF.

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 12:37 PM
You're undercutting a lot of users there, Nixon. Croc does a lot more than hit people with sand. Venom Road is a pretty creative use, as well as the toxic bubbles and Venom Demon. Kizaru has made a sword out of his powers. Don't try to underrepresent other users just to make Luffy look better.
[hr]
Also, bittman, the most recent chapter JUST showed us how hard Luffy had to work to master even his most basic attacks despite having an innate talent for combat. I think that you seeing his attacks as simple is one of the best indicators of his mastery.

RichardMNixon
May 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
You're undercutting a lot of users there, Nixon. Croc does a lot more than hit people with sand. Venom Road is a pretty creative use, as well as the toxic bubbles and Venom Demon. Kizaru has made a sword out of his powers. Don't try to underrepresent other users just to make Luffy look better.
<hr noshade size="1">

But those are still all poison and light. Luffy turned stretchiness into extreme power and speed, they sound completely unrelated.

Maybe I'm less impressed because we haven't seen their powers develop slowly over time. My impression was the pika pika no mi just lets you shoot lasers and make lightswords. If making a lightsaber is actually very difficult for a pika pika user than maybe it's a different story, but again that wasn't my impression, I thought it was just a basic function of the fruit.

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 01:00 PM
Magellan turns poison into a raging monster and a fast method of travel with few limitations. Those are very different things from poison.

RichardMNixon
May 20, 2010, 01:10 PM
Magellan turns poison into a raging monster and a fast method of travel with few limitations. Those are very different things from poison.

Raging monster? It didn't rage, he directed it's every action. The monster part was purely aesthetic. It would have been a lot more effective if he could have just made a big wave of it.

Venom Road is clever I guess but no cleverer than gomu gomu no rocket or Smoker shooting up somewhere on a smoke plume. A lot of DFs have some improved means of transportation. I'd say Aokiji's bicycle, Robin's wings and arm-vines, Brook's water-running, and Ace's rocket boat top the creativity category in that regard.

Fox666
May 20, 2010, 01:12 PM
Whitebeard. He can use the Gura Gura no Mi in so many different ways...

RichardMNixon
May 20, 2010, 01:13 PM
I think Ivankov also deserves some credit here, his DF is just asking to be used in all sorts of bizarre ways. Come on, face-growth hormone?!

monkey D luffy
May 20, 2010, 02:06 PM

if you go by that logic then aokiji has shown the most creative by far. he made an ice saber using grass. he uses his opponents body against him. hack he biked on water he froze. by that logic he is the most creative and uses his power to the most extent.

utter rubbish.

every one but luffy used they power how they were supposed to be used. moria able to control shadows right? besides the logic behind a shadow's shape i predicted every single move he has done and it was unimpressive in my book.
kizaru using a light sword. after seeing aokiji's blade im really unimpressed and im looking for the magma version from akainu.
was the most creative villain. but he still only used his lightnign powers and didnt manipulate him self with it.
now were getting to luffy. when he first introduced his gears how many of you said it was because he is rubber and those for those who did, how many of you figured the secret out? i mean when enel came back it was obviously him jump starting his heart with lightning no secret behind it.
so the one who we saw using how powers to the fullest in my opinion is luffy.

also people forgetting gomu gomu no baka and octopus. who thought of empting the air out of his limbs and head to avoid thinking about his attacks wasnt creative and unique?

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 06:29 PM
Since when is creating an army of zombies the same as manipulating shadows? That's a pretty creative use of the power. I highly doubt that was a documented use of the power before Moria. I mean, what would compel a person to shove a captured shadow into a dead body? That's pretty creative.

I wasn't saying Kizaru was very creative. I was just saying he was more creative than Nixon was giving him credit for. I am not responsible for your misunderstanding.

Also, if you're basing creativity based on our ability to figure out how they're doing something, then that's the real rubbish. The science behind Gear 3rd is completely nonsensical; how are we supposed to figure something out when the logic behind it holds no ground?

bittman
May 20, 2010, 06:38 PM
I still don't get the Luffy arguement:

Firstly, by saying that Luffy "best uses" his devil fruit, you're basically saying that he has mastered it and reached the limits of his creativity. That is: no gear 4, nothing further except some physical upgrades. That or you're saying that Luffy is already the greatest devil fruit user on the planet though he's nowhere near the top of the world?

Secondly, people talk about mastery and refer to the latest chapter showing Luffy's struggles in his standard gomu gomu no pistol. For all we know, when Buggy first got his fruit he could only split once, Kuma's paws only made a shockwave large enough to push a leaf and Iva-san could only enhance his sex drive. Just because we haven't got five flashbacks of all these people as kids doesn't mean that there was no practice required with any of them. Luffy has mastered his fruit just as much as most other people, and probably struggled just as much.

Finally, the arguement that Luffy is the only one using his fruit in an unexpected way. Should I refer you here to Enel's gold alchemy? Perhaps to Moria actually taking shadows and shoving them into zombie bodies? Was Robin meant to make wings from her hands? Heck, I could argue that Walpo (the ex-Drum king) was never meant to be a factory but just be able to eat anything.

The point is: We know how Luffy has grown. We look at him every chapter and go "Omg I never would have thought he could do that gear thing", but then when characters like Moria are introduced we go "Oh yeah that's a nice fruit" and then don't really think about what they might have had to go through to get that power. For all we know, the shadow shadow fruit was only meant to make a Doppelganger, but through imagination and training Moria was able to, not only turn it into so many more forms, but then take and control the shadows of others.

So yeah, the gears look amazing to us who have seen Luffy's original powers, but really he's the only devil fruit user (potentially alongside Robin) we've seen "grow" in his powers.

P.S. After being introduced to Aokoji, who then could have imagined he could freeze two tidal waves in a second from a distance? Before then we believed he had to touch things to freeze them. There's plenty of examples like this.

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
I think it's interesting that no one is arguing in favor of any zoan types in this topic.

Roarchu
May 20, 2010, 07:12 PM
I agree with bittman, Enel is the shit when it comes using their devil fruit

he used his df to amplify the range of his mantra to the whole damn island and restarted his own heart!

i don't think we've seen anyone else combining their df with haki/mantra/whatever

oh, and also, I don't remember very well, but Nami or Robin commented on how he could speed up the air currents around him and do who knows what, but it sounded really impressive...if someone remembers post it please

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 07:27 PM
Marco combined his fruit powers with haki. He's even been shown transforming only parts of his body, which could be a haki-based skill.

poopoomaru
May 20, 2010, 08:07 PM
Marco combined his fruit powers with haki. He's even been shown transforming only parts of his body, which could be a haki-based skill.

I will definitely say that Marco is one of the most advanced Zoan users because of this, but I would say look at Chopper. He has manipulated his Devil Fruit Ability, using his own medical ability, to house a huge number of forms. I wouldn't say Marco is any better then Chopper in terms of their ability to manipulate their powers to their most useful effects. Marco's mythical Zoan definitely is stronger, but I think if we filter out the amazing phoenix powers Marco's ability to transform one part at a time is just as remarkable as Chopper and his Rumble Ball forms.

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 08:22 PM
I think Marco has easily mastered his fruit better than Chopper. Even with Rumble Balls, Chopper only has seven very defined forms. There is no gray area. Marco has shown that he could essentially make an infinite number of forms, which I find much more impressive.

poopoomaru
May 20, 2010, 09:35 PM
I think Marco has easily mastered his fruit better than Chopper. Even with Rumble Balls, Chopper only has seven very defined forms. There is no gray area. Marco has shown that he could essentially make an infinite number of forms, which I find much more impressive.

Easily? Marco may have more interchangeability, but not much of an actual spectrum to move through. All seven of Chopper's forms are incredibly distinct with abilities the other 6 could not have. The only thing Marco's shifting only body parts can do is allow him to use melee combat. It doesn't monstrously increase his physical power, speed, intelligence, or defense.

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 09:55 PM
Well if that's your standard, then I'll just vote Vegapunk.

poopoomaru
May 20, 2010, 10:11 PM
Well if that's your standard, then I'll just vote Vegapunk.

The idea is who makes the best of their own Devil Fruit powers with their own intelligence and creativity.Having the Medical knowledge to manipulate your powers in amazing ways is no different then using an incredible knowledge of Martial Arts to manipulate your own body in amazing ways. It all falls under the bracket of pulling something incredible out of something seemingly limited.

benette
May 20, 2010, 11:23 PM
you guys are missing something..

Bartholomew Kuma. His DF can send ppl flying day and night. The moment I saw luffy and co. flying in the air reminded me of DBZ. LOL!!

And as you can see he just merely touched them, what if he uses it seriously and blend in some haki with it? Also his teleportation-like technique is awesome. Assuming that, he can also do that "island flying" to himself. LOL!!

Also, he can remove all the pain(?) from someone and send it to some enemy LOL! FTW!

teleportation, very fast speed, damage hax..

I think it's very powerful and creative on his side. I hope we see more LOL! knowing that his consciousness is not there and is by controlled by vegapunk.

undertoe
May 20, 2010, 11:27 PM
Kuma's fruit is very powerful, yes, but that's not the question at hand...

poopoomaru
May 20, 2010, 11:36 PM
I will say that Kuma's ability to "Push" the pain out of someone was something I never could have expected, and is a rather incredible use of the power. But that is it, I would say he has only really shown the kind of usage anyone of us could think of. Push stuff...Push yourself....Push multiple stuff...Push everything around yourself...

I won't say Kuma might not show something more creative later, or not since he is a full cyborg now and might be mindless, but from what everyone has shown right now I don't think one novel usage puts him above anyone else in as far as creativity.

monkey D luffy
May 21, 2010, 03:00 AM
I still don't get the Luffy arguement:

Firstly, by saying that Luffy "best uses" his devil fruit, you're basically saying that he has mastered it and reached the limits of his creativity. That is: no gear 4, nothing further except some physical upgrades. That or you're saying that Luffy is already the greatest devil fruit user on the planet though he's nowhere near the top of the world?

Secondly, people talk about mastery and refer to the latest chapter showing Luffy's struggles in his standard gomu gomu no pistol. For all we know, when Buggy first got his fruit he could only split once, Kuma's paws only made a shockwave large enough to push a leaf and Iva-san could only enhance his sex drive. Just because we haven't got five flashbacks of all these people as kids doesn't mean that there was no practice required with any of them. Luffy has mastered his fruit just as much as most other people, and probably struggled just as much.

Finally, the arguement that Luffy is the only one using his fruit in an unexpected way. Should I refer you here to Enel's gold alchemy? Perhaps to Moria actually taking shadows and shoving them into zombie bodies? Was Robin meant to make wings from her hands? Heck, I could argue that Walpo (the ex-Drum king) was never meant to be a factory but just be able to eat anything.

The point is: We know how Luffy has grown. We look at him every chapter and go "Omg I never would have thought he could do that gear thing", but then when characters like Moria are introduced we go "Oh yeah that's a nice fruit" and then don't really think about what they might have had to go through to get that power. For all we know, the shadow shadow fruit was only meant to make a Doppelganger, but through imagination and training Moria was able to, not only turn it into so many more forms, but then take and control the shadows of others.

So yeah, the gears look amazing to us who have seen Luffy's original powers, but really he's the only devil fruit user (potentially alongside Robin) we've seen "grow" in his powers.

P.S. After being introduced to Aokoji, who then could have imagined he could freeze two tidal waves in a second from a distance? Before then we believed he had to touch things to freeze them. There's plenty of examples like this.

although i voted luffy and went out of my way to justify my selection you raise nice points.

first and foremost i never said luffy has complete mastery over his fruit. its just that from what we saw and know i was the most impressed with luffy. i mean i already saw in the past using shadows to make zombies and things like that somewhere else (dont remember where and when) so i wasnt all that surprised and i kinda knew from the moment someone said moria can steal shadows that the zombies are made from shadows.

also creative use is true for robin and moria but it is still kinda expected from their powers, i mean we already saw that she eavsdrop using her powers and that she can grow them in patterns so for me wings where just a matter of time. dont get me wrong it was awesome to see but still within her fruit visible limitations. the gears werent so, i at first was like blueno, i didnt get how luffy changed.

but my post is about chopper. i thought about that and chopper is using his fruit probably the best. remember what he said: zoan fruits has only 2 or 3 modes: human mode, animel mode and hybrid. using his knowledge chopper surpassed that boundry and uses his unique status the best. i mean no other zoan user can do what he does. anyone saw other zoan users using points like chopper did? i am ahshamed i didnt think of it before, i wouldve probably chosen chopper over luffy.

Rodrigo del Toro
May 21, 2010, 07:36 AM
Tough decission...I'm going with Kizaru...Yeah, Kizaru. When the Darkness Fruit appeared I thought that a Light Fruit also would appear but I tried to think how to use a fruit of that kind, and I thought the user could only use the speed and laser beams, so I arrived to a conclusion: the Light Fruit would be one of the weakest. When Kizaru arrived at Sabaody Archipelago and he showed his powers, I thought "WTF is this?!". It was light, Oda definetely owned me. When I saw how Kizaru use the light to reflect himself and travel through that reflection, and also use the light speed to increase the weight, and with that the power, I changed my mind, it was one of the most powerful DFs, and possibly of the Logia DFs. At last, I thought it would be Paramecia, but being a Logia, it amazed me even more.

BetaRuler
May 21, 2010, 03:40 PM
You know... I think we really forgot how many times Mr 3's powers have helped out when in a bind! His display of uses for his wax powers would probably put him 2nd or 3rd place in my books right now.

Immo
May 21, 2010, 03:59 PM
Tough decission...I'm going with Kizaru...Yeah, Kizaru. When the Darkness Fruit appeared I thought that a Light Fruit also would appear but I tried to think how to use a fruit of that kind, and I thought the user could only use the speed and laser beams, so I arrived to a conclusion: the Light Fruit would be one of the weakest. When Kizaru arrived at Sabaody Archipelago and he showed his powers, I thought "WTF is this?!". It was light, Oda definetely owned me. When I saw how Kizaru use the light to reflect himself and travel through that reflection, and also use the light speed to increase the weight, and with that the power, I changed my mind, it was one of the most powerful DFs, and possibly of the Logia DFs. At last, I thought it would be Paramecia, but being a Logia, it amazed me even more.
Kizaru impressed me most when he destroyed key for Ace's cuffs. 50 or more meters from execution platform, war chaos everywhere, stressful situation, because he could be hit anytime by some haki user, and 0,5 cm key got destroyed by single Kizaru's beam. He could just headshot everyone in speed on light :D

Rodrigo del Toro
May 21, 2010, 05:16 PM
Kizaru impressed me most when he destroyed key for Ace's cuffs. 50 or more meters from execution platform, war chaos everywhere, stressful situation, because he could be hit anytime by some haki user, and 0,5 cm key got destroyed by single Kizaru's beam. He could just headshot everyone in speed on light :D

That's another point I forgot, his laser beams combined with his aiming skills makes him a lethal sharpshooter.

monkeyD.
May 24, 2010, 11:57 AM
after i saw Enel use his DF to beat his heart back it was enough for me.

Uriel
May 25, 2010, 12:11 AM
It's a hard question, but I'll go with Crocodile. Not because He's a logia, but because He uses to drain stuff and mastered at the point to being intangible unconsciously.

Enel could be pretty awesome and Kizaru too. But I don't know, Crocodile showed more mastering.

If I go for originality then I would say Chopper. He not only transform in 7 forms, but focused power ones. I think it's the most versatile Zoan we have seen. Yes, Marco included on that.

And If I go for practical use, Robin. She uses her ability with experience to the point I thought She had telekinesis when it was actually a thing completely different. She learned already the most effective way to kill and how to use it in different situation, She uses her ability really quick and came up with an use with no hesitation. I love how her uses her DF.

Ipoopshootingstars
May 25, 2010, 10:40 PM
I cannot believe that blackbeard is getting so few votes! For Gol D Rogers sake he used his fruit to steal another fruit! Come on people how many people even thought this was possible when the Kuro kuro fruits power was introduced...

Eneru was a close second in my opinion if that means anything...

zerocooldx
May 26, 2010, 12:14 AM
It may seem like the obvious choice, but i would have to go with Luffy. The things he can do with just rubber ability are pretty insane. I mean all of the other abilities that have been displayed we pretty much already had a fairly decent concept of what those powers could do. And i'll gladly admit that half of the stuff that Luffy does with his rubber ability i had no idea were even possibly. To me Luffy's biggest feat with his rubber ability is the creation and use of Gear 2.

tehgrim
May 26, 2010, 12:18 AM
i have to say chopper, mainly because he broke beyond the typical 3 forms of his fruit.

undertoe
May 26, 2010, 01:00 AM
I think the votes for Chopper are undeserved... Rumble Balls have nothing to do with his power; they would work for ANY Zoan. That doesn't really seem terribly impressive to me. I mean, Enel's ark wouldn't work with a different fruit. Ace's ship was powered by his fire. Chopper's Rumble Balls are incredibly generalized, and he can't even control Monster Point yet. That shows just how far he is from mastering his fruit.

Awakened Zoans are more deserving of votes than Chopper.

Bugzee
June 04, 2010, 07:34 PM
Enel doesn't waste anytime in conveying his feelings through the use of his df ability. XD

I would say Kuma is definitely one; he uses the Paw Paw Fruit in many ways and takes advantage of the "teleportation" ability a lot. Robin seems to have benefitted as well from her df ability; using the multipe hands and feet to help her during those archaeological trips/adventures. Besides her speciality in assassination XD, I would say she's great at spying as well. I'm talking about when she uses those extra ears and eyes lol.

BB certainly hasn't wasted anytime in using the Yami yami no mi to the best of his abilities. XD

Dasbones
June 04, 2010, 10:33 PM
I think there's still plenty of things the Yami fruit can do, but Kuma Definitely takes the cake for this one, He used his fruit in ways I didn't think possible, unfortunately, he's kinda dead; so whatever else he could have done with that power will probably only be seen in flashbacks.

Poneglyph420
June 04, 2010, 11:18 PM
I had to vote Luffy. Not only has he displayed power but adaptability. With each added challenge he's been able to find a way (sometimes with a little help) to overcome. The creation of his gears and the unconscious application of Haki he is step by step climbing to the top... At this point he just needs to find a way to "Vulcanize" his rubber (like a hockey puck) and it's all over...

I'd love to say BB, but his fruit is so HAX it really involves little creativity and adaptability.. And we don't know if he used the Yami Yami to absorb WB's power or not..

Luffy all the way.

Bloodwinter
June 17, 2010, 10:31 PM
I would have to give this to Rob Lucci. I know it seems weird and unfounded, but the way I see it in the series thusfar is, he explored every bit of his devil fruit ability and completely mastered it. He knew that a carnivorous type devil-fruit is unmatched in hand to hand combat, he knew that it greatly augmented his Rokushiki and for what he was using it for it was perfect. There were absolutely no weaknesses left in that fruit short of the normal devil fruit weaknesses. He was even able to access a 4th form without the use of a rumble ball via Life Return: Kami-e Bushin. Where he decreases his physical strength and size for speed.

I mean of course a Zoan-type short of Mythical Zoans are never really thought of as amazing because they don't really do any of the broken moves like Logias can. However, that's not because of the user, it's because of the type of fruit itself. For everything that the fruit was capable of, he did it flawlessly. In the end it just became a battle of wills, and his wasn't as strong as Luffy's.

Truefan21
June 19, 2010, 01:01 AM
Crocodile, he mastered his DF to the point where he can dehydrate people by touching them, he also trained himself to the point where even off guard he won't die because of his logia ability.

damane08
June 19, 2010, 02:17 AM
I think the votes for Chopper are undeserved... Rumble Balls have nothing to do with his power; they would work for ANY Zoan. That doesn't really seem terribly impressive to me. I mean, Enel's ark wouldn't work with a different fruit. Ace's ship was powered by his fire. Chopper's Rumble Balls are incredibly generalized, and he can't even control Monster Point yet. That shows just how far he is from mastering his fruit.

Awakened Zoans are more deserving of votes than Chopper.

I voted chopper and it definitely was well deserving of my vote.
Oh and until Oda says the rumble balls will work for ANY zoan then i'll accept it as fact, until then...... not so much. (although from where i'm sitting it does seem like it would work for any zoan, but again i'll accept it as fact once Oda says so)

He developed the rumble balls (grated it was by mistake) and he uses them efficiently (sometimes) so he got my vote.
So no i would definitely say that the votes Chopper got are well deserved.

As for undeserved votes: anyone who voted for someone who only uses their DF the way it's supposed to be used, look at Akainu. have we seen him use his DF in any way to justify him even being on this list? not so much, he does what we expect him to do with his DF, he's just using it (on the other hand; we obviously do not know the extent of his abilities as of yet)

Someone like Luffy deserves all those votes because of what he has been able to do with his DF, his body is rubber but he doesn't just stretches, he uses it in other ways too. Ace does not deserve a vote!! I'm sorry but he has done nothing but use fire attacks, there's nothing special about them, they are what we would expect from a person who ate the Mera Mera DF, not innovative in any way. There are a few other on the list that are also like that.

Dasbones
June 19, 2010, 11:19 AM
I cannot believe that blackbeard is getting so few votes! For Gol D Rogers sake he used his fruit to steal another fruit!

That hasn't been proven yet, but it is likely

Fox666
June 19, 2010, 12:08 PM
Yes, but... Blackbeard also seen to be useless in several situations...

Dasbones
June 19, 2010, 04:10 PM
That is true, the main reason blackbeard doesn't use his abilities to the fullest is because he's cocky... like really cocky.

He hasn't shown extensive use of his power yet, and has re-used many of the same moves; like liberate, and that vortex power. There is probably much more he can do with it, that Oda has yet to showcase. Also, despite his ability to cancel out abilities, it only seems to work when he makes contact with them, not the other way around, so if he gets hit by luffy's punch, his fist is still rubbery, but if Blackbeard punches luffy, his ribs lose their give.

As shown with his battle with Ace, he can absorb projectiles that hit him, but the time it takes to do that seems a little too long to be worth it, he may gain greater control of it by the next time we see him, but he certainly can't absorb projectiles at the same abruptness as normal logia's intangibility.

In short; Blackbeards logia is the slowest logia ever.

Bloodwinter
June 19, 2010, 05:56 PM
I would say the ability to create a Perpetual Sun is right on the money for good usage and mastery. Not like it really matters now that he's dead. We aren't talking about innovation though. Some fruits you just can't really innovate that well because the uses they encompass could be very small. I would say it's more on where you able to do everything possible with your devil fruit. When you have something like Light, that opens the flood gate to do ANYTHING that involves light. Being that he's light he could very well take a picture of someone with himself given the proper technique and thought. Then there are other techniques like chopper, he can turn into a human. Of course he can't do anything as "innovative" as someone like Kizaru, his power doesn't lend him that flexibility.