PDA

View Full Version : Gon vs Killua

kkck
May 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
Ok, I know we have all thought about this at least once lol. I can't begin to imagine why this thread still does not exist.

The fight takes place in a generic location where neither can have field advantage. No hiding places or such.

Gon cannot go into his adult form, it is fairly obvious he would utterly destroy killua without ever being able to so much as react with it. Basically just a kids fight to the death.

I would lean toward killua personally. His hatsu is more developed IMO and quite deadly. Killua also has massively more developed basic skills considering he has been trained since birth. Not to mention killua seems physically stronger than gon (at least the visit to his place would suggest killua has quite more strength than gon).

Added Poll Question

Shinichiro
May 24, 2010, 03:03 AM
Way I've always seen it, they're both ridiculously enormous prodigies in their own respective ways--I believe one striking example occurred when Gon's arm was injured. Some character said something along the lines of... "Those two are a terrifying combo. They both have the potential of 1 in 1 billion people; Killua has his stealth and analytical thinking, whereas Gon has stubbornness, endurance, and recovery time greater than anyone should ever have."

Killua seems to have a head start on developing his potential. Earlier in the series, this mattered a LOT more--if we use some arbitrary point system, we might say Killua ranked in at 200, while Gon was a 40, 160 behind.

Now, however, Killua might be a 10000 and Gon is a 9840.

Basically, those initial differences are still there, but they matter a lot less. And I'd argue that Gon's nen skills are in their own way just as good as Killua's, just oriented towards different specialties.

So yes, barring any luck and assuming that both Killua and Gon are having completely average days, Killua would probably win, but he'd be extremely injured, perhaps crippled afterwards.

Ecker
May 27, 2010, 11:26 PM
I agree with Shinichiro, but I need to say something extra.

In the begining, there wasn't a great difference on their fighting style, other than Killua being more deadly. Nowadays, Janjanken guu is hella' stronger than any other skill between Morau, Knucke, Shoot, Killua, etc. It's fuckin' strong, maybe better than Ubougin's punch (the one from the spider). But, it's a slow attack, and Killua is faster than Gon even in normal fighting (now I can say that is a 10000 to 9850 difference), but with his new skill, Killua is now 100000, can say he's the fastest if you don't considere dead Pitou, the King and adult Gon. Gon is fast, a lot, but he was careless agains a faster Pitou and was saved by Killua (who is fast enough to RUN from Pitou, not sure if can compete).

So it's more difficult to compare now. But yeah, Killua is better than Gon, at least on a fight. But they two, together, are a lot more deadly. Let's say Killua would win the fight (Killua always won on trainings, he always had better results)

kkck
May 28, 2010, 01:58 AM
I don't think gon's rock (as a kid) is anywhere near in strength compared to that of uvo. He has much less experience and even now considerably less nen. Not to mention uvo's technique was for the most part fully developed while gons rock has merely reached an advanced state of development. Gon at this point would be fodder to uvo IMO.

I do think there was a significant difference between their fighting stiles though. Killua was trained from the second he was born, he had acquired an inherent finese which even now gon might lack since he learned how to fight by being in the woods and stuff. Gon even had to train to open the first door of killua's house while killua could open up to the third one.

Ecker
May 29, 2010, 01:02 AM
Well, I'm saying because of the "Cracks". In GI, Gon's hit was very good, on the test to enter he did a good hole on the wall. We saw the potencial of Ubougin, and Gon evolved A LOT. Remember the fear he caused in Morau and Knuckle, as he was accumulating aura. Now, with the new skill, no question: GON IS BETTER. But yeah, I don't know if Ubougin is stronger anymore... Not so sure as you are

ordoghaz
June 02, 2010, 05:26 AM
id have to disagree with Gon being fodder to Ubougin even without Gon's latest mutation. id say, gon and killua had grown significantly since before GI, the ryodan arc. itll be really difficult to compare, but id say, Gon and Killua now, are at least about middle ryodan level. definitely stronger dan shizuku, machi, and the other zoldick girl, even if Gon and Killuas nen are both still developing,.

as for Gon Vs Killua., if the fight is quick. then itll be killua's victory. but given external factors like rage and whatnot, and Gon's mutation. id say, itll be difficult to tell. Gon, in mutated form, is easily above Pitou's level. and Killua, currently, should be a tad bit, below Pitou.

Killua has always been slightly above Gon, but given Gon's unpredictability with tactics and nen capacity, it should somehow close the gap in their skills in terms of fight outcome.

Uriel
June 06, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'm afraid to give a total affirmation without knowing what's the risk of Gon latest technique. >_>

kkck
June 07, 2010, 01:20 AM
Gon cannot go into his adult form in this thread.... its a kids fight.

Uriel
June 07, 2010, 12:07 PM
I know, I know. But I'm uncertain of the true nature of his technique and if he can reverse it, the usage of it (Can it be repeated? How? Why? Under which circumstances?) and the risk. "Adult Gon" is effect of his Nen, so It's silly to ignore because we are not ignoring Killua God of Speed technique.

Shinichiro
June 12, 2010, 04:46 PM
I know, I know. But I'm uncertain of the true nature of his technique and if he can reverse it, the usage of it (Can it be repeated? How? Why? Under which circumstances?) and the risk. "Adult Gon" is effect of his Nen, so It's silly to ignore because we are not ignoring Killua God of Speed technique.

You're assuming what Gon's using is a technique...

If we're including Gon's latest transformation, my money's definitely in Killua as the winner in a fight, because it's fairly clear that Gon's done permanent damage to himself in the last few chapters.

firework
June 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
Though i love them both, Killua would definitely beat Gon in combat. He's got greater speed, strength, and ability. Gon's main attack is also slow, which Killua is sure to capatalize on.

Uriel
June 21, 2010, 02:13 PM
You're assuming what Gon's using is a technique...
You're assuming that He's not...Which at this point IS uncertain.

Shinichiro
June 29, 2010, 05:32 AM
You're assuming that He's not...Which at this point IS uncertain.

Nope, I'm just choosing to leave it out of the equation because it seems just as likely that it could hurt him as help him, whereas Killua's speed thingie is definitely a new technique, a development.

Franckie
June 30, 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm leaning towards Killua in this fight. Killua's speed makes it impossible for Gon to get a shot at him, especially since Killua is intimately aware of Gon's abilities. Nevertheless, what prevents Killua from stomping this fight are the facts that (1) Gon is also intimately aware of Killua's abilities and (2) can probably tank Killua's attacks. Killua can't maintain his speed indefinately. If he can't finish Gon before his Hatsu's effect wears off, he isn't walking away from this fight without major damage.

kayv
November 05, 2010, 02:01 PM
hm .. i vote for gon :X he can be the best althrough killua still be fantacstic = = but if they are in one battle i think gon will be the winner :>

Tenacious Weezy
November 05, 2010, 06:41 PM
If we discount Gons adult form then discount the Godspeed. That was their power-ups to be able to fight the Royal guard ants and with those gone your literally weakening them both to slightly better than Greed Island level (which in retrospect is fairly weak to mid-high level hunters). Godspeed Killua rapes Kid Gon otherwise.

Bhoot
March 31, 2011, 02:02 AM
I voted Gon simply because , Gon can smash the ground making the pitfall thingy . That should slow down Killua a bit .
Secondly , Gon has shown to be able to take a lot of damage and calculate (I know he doesn't calculate , but he has good engh intuition for it) how much of his body is sacrifisable to achieve victory . From what I see , Gon would most probably take a hit grab him and put the rock inside Killua .

jorped
July 23, 2011, 10:22 AM
There isn't still any explanation given about Gon's "Adult mode" so i am not even going to use it as an argument here.
These two kids are incredibly strong and whoever would win this fight would still probably be hurt, but if i had to choose i would have to say Killua.
His speed when using Lightning makes him extremely powerful and i don't think that it would be that easy for Gon to counter that. Though i think that Gon is more unpredictable, i think that Killua is more intelligent on a fight, and since IMO his skills seem a better very developed than Gon's the victory would not escape him. But as i already said Gon is very unpredictable so ... in the end anything can happen :p

kkck
July 26, 2011, 03:55 PM
Well, the manga has made it clear plenty of times it is killua who has the better base skills and better technique while gon is the one with more potential. For example, killua was able to open up to 3 doors at his house while gon and co had to train to open only one. Bisk stated killua had better abilities than gon which makes sense considering killua was trained to murder from the get go. Killua even developed his electricity hatsu on his own while gon needed a little guidance from bisk. Even now I would think gon has the more underdeveloped hatsu seeing how killua has developed more and more practical techniques. Under normal circumstances gon´s rock takes too long to build, his paper is useless and his scissor has had no practical applications so far although it does kinda seem it requires less preparing than rock. In turn killua can use all of his abilities reasonably fast with the only practical issue they have being killua not having enough nen to use them for long periods or consecutively which just might not be a problem if he ends the fight when he uses said abilities.

Uriel
July 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
And not quite so, since Killua can hump higher even when Gon focus all his Nen on his feet.

I think Gon has more "density" which is not quite exactly the same as quantity. I don't know how to express it correctly, but seems to me that his Nen is heavier than Killua.

kkck
July 26, 2011, 11:31 PM
I think impression is the result of gon being a reinforcement type. Of course his nen would appear to pack a stronger punch so to speak. Killua and gon would have roughly the same amount of nen but in turn the way gon uses it with reinforcement would give the impression of it being in itself more potent.

jorped
July 27, 2011, 10:29 AM
And not quite so, since Killua can hump higher even when Gon focus all his Nen on his feet.

Couldn't that have to due with the fact that Gon isn't still as good as Killua using Nen ?

Uriel
July 27, 2011, 12:09 PM
Couldn't that have to due with the fact that Gon isn't still as good as Killua using Nen ?
Could be, I'm uncertain about it. I think they're both so weird in the world and have so much potential that we always measure them in the same level even if they had completely different training as kids.

Still they know the same about Nen. Maybe Killua is smarter and focused all his Nen in only one point to jump a bit higher :P

kkck
July 27, 2011, 03:20 PM
I always had the impression that -hatsu aside- gon and killua were roughly equal when it came to their overall nen skill. They have had the same nen formation and have been seen progressing at roughly the same rate for one thing. In turn killua has had a dramatically different, and in all likelyhood better, physical and combat training. Killua was trained to murder with highly advanced techniques from the moment he was born. He has been formally trained by top class fighters and nen users for as long as he could remember. Gon in turn was not trained like that, he got strong by training on his own and playing with the forest animals. Of course killua would jumo higher than gon, they have the same amount of nen and nen skill but in turn killua is physically more powerful than gon.

Even the hatsu bit would not necessarily be attributed to a difference in nen skill. Killua had an unnatural aptitude towards transforming his nen into electricity due to his upbringing. Once that is done, as killua said, the issue is putting the electricity to use.

Netero
July 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
As of right now I would have to lean towards Killua but if Gon could use his adult Hatsu ability I think he would beat Killua easily imo.

kkck
July 29, 2011, 02:05 PM
Well, yeah, if gon could use his adult form he would easily beat killua. The form comes with a dramatic increase in nen at the very least and his rock seems to actually be completed.... the form made short work of a royal guard, even the puppet after pitou died was not that much of an enemy (which should be even more powerful than regular pitou).

Tombadgerlock
August 02, 2011, 12:13 PM
Killua has more precision, Gon has more endurance. Killua has more strategy and has been tutored on tactics, Gon has more natural insight and guts.

In many ways, they enable each others- a good example would be the fight with Raizor, where Killua was shown having extreme precision when it came to aura reditribution, but gon was shown to have a ever-increasing tempo.

Also, 'amount' of nen comes in different ways. First is obviously the amount of nen in the aura. Second would be the amount of nen that can replace that (reserves), and third would be the amount of nen in a particular area of the body.

I'd say Gon is by far superior in the first two category, BUT Killua is not only far superior in the last one, but he doesn't need much if any 'prep time', or 'motivation' to fight ot his fullest. Gon gets much, much stronger against an actual enemy (Killua actually was the opposite for a while).

As for techniques- Killua had mainly two 'powerups' during the ant arc, if you discount the sheer base stat increase by biscuit's training. The first is taking off the needle, the second is Kanmaru.

Gon mostly improved (beyond base stat increase from biscuit) his jajanken, as well as his understanding on how to use it for the first part, but then improved his 'hated race' trait.

There is no telling how that one works yet.

kkck
August 02, 2011, 12:23 PM
I would actually question whether gon actually has more endurance than killua or that killua is more strategic. Has there been a time where killia has shown to be less resilient than gon? Killua has always been more phisically capable than gon due to his extreme upbringing, even if gon has had more chances to show off his endurance it is very likely because he is more reckless while fighting. As for strategy, I get the mild impression they are along the same lines but with different angles. Killua is more likely to have plan the entire battle or set up something complicated while gon is more the type to come up with things on the spot.

As for amount of nen, I can´t imagine gon having an advantage. Both of them have always trained together and to the same degree, even the last time they trained with bisk both of them could keep their ren up for roughly the same amount of time (meaning there is factual evidence that the amount of nen they have is at all points comparable). As for the amount of nen in a body part I also think it is rooughly the same. Only reason gon has an advantage here is that he is a reinforcement type thus the same amount of nen seems more powerful.

Tombadgerlock
August 02, 2011, 12:35 PM
I would actually question whether gon actually has more endurance than killua or that killua is more strategic. Has there been a time where killia has shown to be less resilient than gon? Killua has always been more phisically capable than gon due to his extreme upbringing, even if gon has had more chances to show off his endurance it is very likely because he is more reckless while fighting.

The endurance angle comes mostly from seeing that Gon gets stronger as the fight goes on (he is constantly preping), and that from the comments of a few characters it seems he is slightly better at it.

As for strategy, I get the mild impression they are along the same lines but with different angles. Killua is more likely to have plan the entire battle or set up something complicated while gon is more the type to come up with things on the spot. yes, this is strategy and tactic. Two completely different things.

As for amount of nen, I can´t imagine gon having an advantage. Both of them have always trained together and to the same degree, even the last time they trained with bisk both of them could keep their ren up for roughly the same amount of time (meaning there is factual evidence that the amount of nen they have is at all points comparable). As for the amount of nen in a body part I also think it is rooughly the same. Only reason gon has an advantage here is that he is a reinforcement type thus the same amount of nen seems more powerful.

actually, Killua has an advantage there instead because his base body stat is still quite a bit better, and has Nen is a multiplier he has a slight advantage.

But gon has either a slightly bigger amount of Aura, or else Gon constantly use attacks that use more than his current maximum aura, while Killua... doesn't.

kkck
August 02, 2011, 02:33 PM
Killua´s nen attacks for the most part actually burn most if not all of his aura. His electric palm dried him up against gensuru´s friend, kanmuru is good for a good 8 hits (literally lol). Killua basically uses his aura a lot faster than gon. Gon uses reinforcement, his techniques do not require exceptionally large amounts of aura and the only reason that he actually seems to overuse his aura is that his enemies constantly seem impressed by his reinforced punches. Gon and killua´s training suggests that the two of them have similar amounts of total nen and aura.

Tombadgerlock
August 02, 2011, 03:05 PM
Killua´s nen attacks for the most part actually burn most if not all of his aura. His electric palm dried him up against gensuru´s friend, kanmuru is good for a good 8 hits (literally lol). Killua basically uses his aura a lot faster than gon. Gon uses reinforcement, his techniques do not require exceptionally large amounts of aura and the only reason that he actually seems to overuse his aura is that his enemies constantly seem impressed by his reinforced punches. Gon and killua´s training suggests that the two of them have similar amounts of total nen and aura.

No, Killua use-up his ready-transformed aura, not his aura itself.

Gon, however, has attacks that are greatly stronger than his maximum aura output.

kkck
August 02, 2011, 03:26 PM
I am not very sure as to what you mean with the first line...

Now, based on the nen explanations we have seen in the manga, does it make sense for gon to be able to use attacks with more nen than what he can output? Nen works with very strict rules, more so than in most other mangas with similar concepts, in this regard gon´s attacks simply cannot be stronger than his aura output. I will say it again, gon uses reinforcement hence why he would appear to have more nen, at least that is how I see it.

Tombadgerlock
August 02, 2011, 03:34 PM
I am not very sure as to what you mean with the first line...

Now, based on the nen explanations we have seen in the manga, does it make sense for gon to be able to use attacks with more nen than what he can output? Nen works with very strict rules, more so than in most other mangas with similar concepts, in this regard gon´s attacks simply cannot be stronger than his aura output. I will say it again, gon uses reinforcement hence why he would appear to have more nen, at least that is how I see it.

Gon uses more nen that he can output in his jajanken because of his 'belief/atachment/etc' in it, as well as is ridiculous way of doing it.

It's explicitely shown in the knuckle fight- Gon's aura output is something like 1000, and jajanken 3000.

Edit: http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter211/153411-5.html <= my numbers were a bit off, but you get the gist.