PDA

View Full Version : The Technique Opinion Thread!

poobert
May 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
I want to know which techniques in Bleach you like, and which you don't like. They can be zanpakto techniques, kido techniques or miscellaneous techniques.

I like hado number 4. It is very easy to cast, and infinitely more useful than the bigger ones. The best example was when in the middle of a sword fight, Byakuya uses it to poke a hole in Ichigo's shoulder.

I also like the bakudo number 30, the triple fang thing that Soi fon used. This time, simply because it looks cool.

Koten Zanshun is another of my favourites, only because the method that it uses it very unique. Tsubaki actually creates a shield that looks like a bullet and then does the same thing as Orhime's healing ability and rejects everything that is around it. Rather than destroying what it hits, it makes it so that it simply doesn't exist. There are so many useful things it could do.

And finally, Pesche's infinite slick. Everything about this move is awesome. What fictional character has ever had a super move, the sole purpose of which was lubrication. This is the kind of genius that sets kubo apart from the rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What I dislike are generic energy bursts, with different colours and different names. Like the infinite cero types, the random blue and red and yellow hado's, the zanpakto's that all seem to have that ranged energy blast move etc. etc.

I also dislike Hitsu's snow thing. Whenever you have a discussion about Hitsu's fights, it always ends up at his snow thing. It is like he is a regular captain, with decent moves, until he pulls out his snow thing and all of a sudden he can beat everyone. Most of the time, people just ignore Hitsu all together and have the fights about so and so versus hitsu's snow thing.

I also dislike respira. Like the snow thing, it has become the dominant move of its user, and it is way too absolute to be included in a manga like this. It was generally a bad idea on Kubo's part to create this move and I am glad that he got rid of it. The only way it could ever work would be if it belonged to a side character who was on the side of nobody (kind of like Seshomaru's bakusaiga, which seems to do the same thing).

En Yang Ji
May 24, 2010, 01:18 PM
As far as kido is concerned, I like just about every bakudou, and Black Coffin.

IMO bakudo are underrated. They could be difference between hitting with a winning and losing. Not only can bakudo protect the user from strong attacks, but they also can restrain the opponent, allowing the user to hit with a powerful technique.

Level 90's spells like Black coffin are extremely powerful. It's able to take out a captain level shinigami at less than 1/3 of it's power. Another thing is it surrounds the opponent on all sides so there's no escape.

- Komumura's bankai is pretty interesting and also underrated in my opinion. With it's size and armor it would most likely take an extremely powerful attack to take it down. It's reach, speed and power are also impressive. Komumura can fight at any range with his bankai and take out most opponent's in one blow. Considering it's speed and it's reach there's no getting away from it, for most opponents. Fighting against it would be tricky.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 01:28 PM
BUTOU RENJIN:
_Imagine those green lasers that are in the clubs...they spreed like a cone and can cover a huge circle(area) at the end of their reach.
_Gin in position to fire Butou Renjin...each thrust doesn't loose power in the distance.
_Number of thrust??unknown,plausible very high seeing the image and knowing his crazy speed.

Apply this premises to his technique,if the seconds he fire all those thrust,the tip of his sword cover just an angle of 10 degrees....how HUGE would be the volume of the attack???how huge would be the circle/area after 50/100/500 meters....to think big...after 1,3, km...at 13 km???if the angle become 20,30,40 degree and there is a crazy number of thrust,can u picture how many instantaneous thrust would cover a crazily huge area?????

Notice also that in all this craziness,differently from energy blast,his power won't loose effectiviness with the distance....

IMPRESSIVE!!!

Random101
May 24, 2010, 01:44 PM
Starrks Wolf Pack. Utterly nasty technique. Regening wolves that keep on coming no matter what, a few being enough to pretty much waste two vizards. All while the user can just kick back and watch.

Gin's Gatling move is pretty nasty too, provided the enemy stays in front.

Hitsugaya's snow move is also pretty damn hard to beat, though things get pretty nasty if he loses control. I suppose that's all I pretty much care for though. The others range from alright to meh.

Random101
May 24, 2010, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah, forgot kido. Hado 91 was pretty intriguing in itself. I'm also rather fond of 88... and if you break out Bakudo 81 at the right moment it becomes an epic counter to a majority of those hado.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 02:21 PM
Gin's gatling is impressive because all he needs to do is turn his body to reach any fighter that try to dodge on the side...

Random101
May 24, 2010, 02:40 PM
Unlikely, not without putting himself offbalance. If he could use it normally sure, that'd be the case, but his stance implies that said technique creates nasty recoil.

En Yang Ji
May 24, 2010, 03:01 PM
The technique Momo used against Harribel's fraccion was impressive. That's the first time kido was used like that in the series. By using kido in combination she's able to create a completely different effect, that would be hard to deal with. How would you prepare for something you've never seen before.

It's too bad Momo is dead if she matured and trained I think she would eventually have the potential to be a captain.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
Gin has just to turn his body around to mantain it like some athlets do:ex hammer throw and disc throw...

Beside that,having your hand to your chest while u fire with a machine gun isn't really a balanced position to counter a recoil...

Exodi
May 24, 2010, 03:06 PM
I like kidou, especially when its accompanied by a long, poetic incantation.
I like Hachi's kidou. Urahara's recent display was also pretty awesome.

As for zanpakutou techniques.....I love Rukia's techniques. All three of them.
I like Suzumebachi, Wabisuke, Senbonzakura, Ashisogi Jizou, Katen Kyokotsu.

Arrancar techniques.....
Stark's cero guns are awesome.

Random101
May 24, 2010, 06:12 PM
Gin has just to turn his body around to mantain it like some athlets do:ex hammer throw and disc throw...

Beside that,having your hand to your chest while u fire with a machine gun isn't really a balanced position to counter a recoil...
He's compressing the hilt against his chest while supporting the handle two handed, thumbs, from what I can tell, Inward (the back of his hand being above the hilt). Granted I don't quite know the physics behind such a thing (A sword type of shape is ridiculously bad for a gun design, same vice versa for this very reason), but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say that's the simplest way to get support for recoil. Hell, it even looks like he's feeling it when it fires out (though given that may be perspective and wow factor that's up for grabs).

If the recoil is not why he's changing stance, I can't possibly imagine why the hell he would even need to change his stance in the first place. The position he's in makes it outright awkward for any sort of swordplay if the enemy get's close, and the precious seconds it would take to get it to a better position would be seconds your opponent could be using to cut your head off.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 07:18 PM
Probably he changed his stance because this is the way the technique is portrayed,usually when u shot with a gun or something bigger u have to extend your arms and lower your centre of gravity...Gin isn't doing any of that and his position would be actually bad if he has such a recoil,anyway I think that next chapter is going to be more clear :-D

Random101
May 24, 2010, 07:52 PM
No, guns with any serious recoil are generally shaped so that you can support them with your shoulder area (hence why the way you grip it tends to be so far up) and what he's doing there is pretty much as good as you can get for your center of gravity for something of that nature. There's a reason why I said something of that shape is bad for this sort of thing, the hit's too small to do crap with support wise, and you can't grip the blade without shaving something off. Only way you could do better than what he's trying is if you back up to a wall or lie down on the ground and do it supported from like your shoulder or something(Though the small size of the hilt kinda screws you over for that one).

Seriously if it's not the recoil he has no reason to change his stance at all. You don't just change stance to portray a technique, not if you could just do it any old way. That'd be pretty stupid. Well, save in cases where said 'technique' is a particularly motion or whatever, which is clearly not the case here. He should be able to rapid fire from any position. He'll, he'd been doing it too. Albeit not that much.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 08:20 PM
Even if the recoil is low u have to extend your arms really firm,or that small recoil won't let u hit your target...

U can make an experiment:
_put your hands on the chest,stand completely like Gin is doing,put your feets parallels one to the other then try to oppose somene pushin u...is it easy to stand firmly like Gin is doing??
_try the same thing extending your arms in front and putting one leg behind,u should notice a big difference in stability and u won't get pushed back easily...

The stance is oftena trademark for a technique like saying its name even if it is unneeded.We see it all the times :-D in this case Butou and Butou Renjin...

Random101
May 24, 2010, 08:50 PM
Uh, anyone could tell you just holding your weapon out like that when it's going wild (Also like that) causes an increase in the likelihood of it jerking out of your arms. I don't think you quite know what you're talking about there. Hence his stance and grip on the blade is compensating for both that by keeping the arms tense close up to the body, thereby having a hard grip from two sides, and the jerking backwards, by supporting with his chest.

Similarly the point of Butou Renji is that the repeated thrusts do go all over the place. Loosing aim like you're describing there isn't the problem, it's the knock back. You know, kind of like it looks like on the page. That's far, far easier to compensate for when standing still like he is as opposed to otherwise.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 08:59 PM
I know what I'm talking about,don't worry :-P
The grip problem is a non-issue or every times someone fire energy blast from their swords would risk to loose their sword which is not the case.
Said that,u can't hold a recoil if u r standing still and your arms r close to your body,is phisically impossible to oppose such a force this way....it would be even hard to oppose something way weaker then someone pushing u with 2 arms...

Random101
May 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
Save again, that wild jerking get's to the point where it jerks out of your hand. There's a reason the more heavy duty guns are specifically designed with back ends that use your torso and shoulder area for support from said recoil. Holding it out without anything supporting the back end is asking for trouble. Like one of those many many shots causes the blade to slip out of his hands and clock him in the face kinda trouble. Recoil can be nasty like that when we're dealing with this kind of force.

Eddy01741
May 24, 2010, 09:30 PM
If we are talking about why Gin changes stance when he uses his special bankai ability, it could be a number of reasons. Recoil is one, but given that the zanpakutou's length changes (there should be no actual kinetic force that would knock Gin back as there the zanpakutou is not be propelled at the target, the length just increases. Also, lets say that laws of physics do apply, and Gin has recoil from extending, he has exactly equal opposite recoil from retracting, thus he would be balanced) ... that would be doubtful.

Here are some possibilities I was thinking of:

-Easier Aiming, he lines up his torso with the enemy and fires away, all he has to do is keep his two shoulders pointed at the enemy, easy enough, no?

-Ritual for the attack, perhaps the only way Gin can use the ability is with both hands on the zanpakutou and with the butt of the handle at his chest.

Lastly, why would that stance by good for absorbing recoil? That's about the worst possible stance to absorb recoil if laws of physics apply (and Gin experiences recoil from every extension (albeit he should experience opposite and equal recoil in retraction)).

Let's observe his stance. His two feet are aligned perpendicular to the direction in which he would be feeling the force of the recoil. That is the opposite of ideal for absorbing recoil (they should be aligned parallel to the force of the recoil to absorb best). Look at any decent gun shooter, in a standing position, they almost always (almost as in rare cases where they cannot like biathlon since they are on skis and all) have one foot in front of the other. For example, if I am right handed, and am shooting a rifle, my right hand is on the trigger, my left hand is extended out to hold the barrel. My right foot is back, and my left foot is forward. This way I am in the ideal position to absorb recoil. This picture denotes what I am talking about:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-22-9/image1670.jpg

Gin is not standing like that, he is standing in a square stance (both feet pointed forward and aligned perpendicular to where he is looking), a stance which would make him exceptionally easy to knock down if the recoil is coming from the front or behind (as we would expect from this bankai ability). Moreover, if recoil did exist, and Gin turned his torso 90 degrees to the right or left, he would be in a much stronger position to absorb recoil.

Basically, the recoil argument is illogical since A) the length of the sword itself is increasing, nothing is actually being propelled, thus there is no "recoil", and B), if there was recoil, Gin would feel the force of the recoil from extension and retraction, and given how fast his zanpakutou can extend and retract, the opposite forces would be canceling each other out so fast he wouldn't even notice, and C), he's in a terrible stance to absorb any kind of forward/backward recoil.

Random101
May 24, 2010, 09:43 PM
Every 'hit' scored against anything other than open air will have a brief instant of back push before the blade pierces. Perhaps my terminology is off (Wouldn't be the first time with this word) but that's the first one that comes to mind. And it certainly looks like he's getting pushed back by it.

Easier aiming however is unlikely. Any moving target would be far easier to aim for with a single hand, purely for freedom of movement to compensate. Such a stiff position restricts his aiming as it's harder to actually move to line up. To say nothing of those opponents who go above, in which case he's forced to lean backwards to keep up as opposed to, you know, moving a single arm up.

Ritual I'll admit is possible, but it just seems stupid. Why would you have to arrange yourself in such a stance for what is in essence what he was already doing. I mean if it were a drastically different technique, sure, a different stance would be plausible, but in essence he's doing what he's been doing this whole time, only closer together and in succession.

Eddy01741
May 24, 2010, 09:52 PM
I give you the point of every hit since both the person getting hit and Gin would feel the force of impact, that is true. However, Gin is still in a bad stance to absorb that recoil.

It only looks as if he's getting pushed back since all this wind and reiatsu is flaring up and we can't actually see if he is getting pushed back since he is so small in the panel and so much of him is unexposed in the panel. So we don't know if he is pushed back.

Easier aiming, point taken, bad way to aim.

Why does ritual seem stupid? If that's what the technique requires you to do to activate the technique, then there's no way to get around it. It's like saying why does Ichigo have to slash his sword when using getsuga tenshou? Well... one would assume that slashing is a prerequisite to release a getsuga tenshou. Perhaps holding the zanpakutou with two hands with blade pointed down (aka, thumbs near the butt end of the zanpakutou) is a prerequisite, thus the only logical way to aim forward is to aim it the awkward way he does it.

Random101
May 24, 2010, 10:05 PM
He doesn't have to slash his sword. It works on thrusts (Given the final clash of the Byakuya fight), and even stays there too. Regardless, that's not the point. The point is this 'technique' is pretty much what he's been doing already, only repeated in succession quickly. It just seems dumb that it takes a completely different and restrictive stance to do something he should by all rights be able to do in any scenario. In essence it'd be like say Byakuya being able to fling waves of his petals all his petals in different directions for a single target, yet he must take a different (and honestly more restrictive) stance to have them swarm at different targets or something. I mean really, it's the same thing. Granted though that's my personal view on the matter.

Further I don't disagree his legs are off, now that I look at them (Sadly was too focused on the upper body given it didn't show his legs in many of the panels, though in hindsight I should have realized positioning them as such would have been impossible with such a forward stance). However quite simply recoil is the only logical answer I can come up with for a stiff and restrictive change in stance. Particularly since I don't expect Kubo to adhear to all normal logics. >>

El Samurai Guapo
May 24, 2010, 11:37 PM
There are tons of techniques from Bleach that I like.

First and foremost, I loved Starrk's kamikaze wolves. Anything that involves wolves (my favorite animal) is awesome by default, but they really were incredibly deadly. I don't blame Love and Rose for having difficulties against the wolves, virtually everyone would. I think most would have come away a lot worse than Love & Rose did as well.

As for kidou, I like Hadou #'s 88, 4, and 63. I like Bakudou #'s 81, 61, and the one that Hisagi uses where he throws a rod of light and it splits into like a dozen of them (too lazy to look it up).

Zanpakutou techniques that I like are:

- Of course Sakanade's ability to reverse everything
- I like Kensei's various shikai abilities (the kamehameha, the wind laser, and how he makes things explode with the knife)
- Senkei senbonzakura kageyoshi
- Jakuhou raikoben
- Ruri'iro Kujaku's ability
- Kyouka Suigetsu's complete hypnosis

Another technique I really liked was Shinji's cero. What makes Shinji's cero seem so devastating is the fact that Grimmjow minimized the damage by firing his own cero at the last minute, yet he still got messed up badly. Shinji was obviously toying with Grimmjow up until the point where he said “sorry arrancar you seem strong so I can’t take it easy on you” and then fired the cero.

Seriously what other cero have we seen that has done more damage? As Random 101 has pointed out, Ichigonator’s cero, while huge couldn’t even destroy Ulquirra form a point blank shot to the head. Cero oscuras had to shoot Ichigo point-blank to the chest to kill him. Starrk’s ceros did nothing but slightly singe Shunsui’s clothing. Shinji’s cero even while being minimized by Grimmjow’s cero was more impressive IMO.

Kaiten
May 25, 2010, 12:12 AM
Rukia's shikai is my all time favorite. I know she's not the most powerful but it looks damn cool. And the first time she used it was one of my favorite moments. Yuroichi's shunko is my other favorite tech.

freshseth83
May 25, 2010, 02:43 AM
I still like the fact that Shunsui has games as an ability. The spinning top game, the Shadow ogre, the color game, the cliff ogre. I wonder if there's more.

Besides that, I like Ukitakes ability to absorb energy attacks, disrupt them and shoot them back faster than they were received.

poobert
May 25, 2010, 05:13 AM
I would add shunko to the list of cool moves, but we haven't seen it do a great deal so far. So far it seems even deadlier than Ichigo's bankai. Not only does it boost speed, but also power and it gives you special nullifying moves.

So are there any moves that you all dislike?

Exodi
May 25, 2010, 10:27 AM
I would add shunko to the list of cool moves, but we haven't seen it do a great deal so far. So far it seems even deadlier than Ichigo's bankai. Not only does it boost speed, but also power and it gives you special nullifying moves.

So are there any moves that you all dislike?

Szayel, for me, was one of the more annoying characters in terms of techniques. They were pretty lame, and his Gabriel technique was just....odd. Szayel, as a whole, is odd. Mayuri is odd, too. But Mayuri is a cool odd. (I think it's because Szayel has pink hair =P)

Yammy hasn't really shown us much, but he seems to just be a "destroy-everything-with-my-huge-fists" kind of guy.

Hystzen
May 25, 2010, 06:05 PM
Szayel, for me, was one of the more annoying characters in terms of techniques. They were pretty lame, and his Gabriel technique was just....odd. Szayel, as a whole, is odd. Mayuri is odd, too. But Mayuri is a cool odd. (I think it's because Szayel has pink hair =P)

Yammy hasn't really shown us much, but he seems to just be a "destroy-everything-with-my-huge-fists" kind of guy.

i quite like szayel was a fun character better than most the hit people with swords like most of the characters in bleach. yammi is joint last in my list of characters i hate doesnt make sense why kubo kept him around so long.

on topics

kido- six bars prison best move ever and most usefull i find

zan- Senkei senbonzakura kageyoshi coolest move ever i think byakuya has the most coolest bankai

dont like these forbideen suicide hadous they are pointless they never seem to really hurt anyone just yourself been pointless everytime one is done