PDA

View Full Version : The Three Great Powers!!!

Sorata
November 19, 2006, 08:32 PM
Since in another topic we are talking about who are they i decided to create one of their own.
These are probably the 14 strongest people from One Piece world.
Let´s see:
Marine:
-Sengoku, the Budha
-Aokiji, the Blue Pheasant
- ?, the Red Dog
- ?, theellow Monkey
Yonkou:
-Edward Newgate, the Whitebeard
-Shanks, the Red Hair
- ?
- ?
Ouka Shichibukai:
-Drakul Mihawk, the Hawk Eyes
-Bartolomew Kuma
-Donquixote do Flamingo
-Jinbei
-Crocodile(already beaten)
- ?
- ?
Well after presenting the members of the three powers let´s talk about them
*Will Blackbeard take the place of Crocodile(maybe he will become famous after defeating Ace)
*Will we see Jinbei when the strawhats reach the merman island?
*Who do you thin that are the ? characters?

Mugiwara_no_Jack
November 20, 2006, 08:28 AM
Garp and Tsuru are Vice-Admirals, so no chance to be monkey and dog ;)

alps
November 20, 2006, 10:02 AM
add the 3 great powers + hmm... what do you say it..."black horse" or "underdog"? ( character outside 3 great powers but have a important rule) like ace,coby (will he become the final enemy of luffy? since they start their dream together ^^)
buggy,etc

JoJoJO
November 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
I feel like Crocodile shouldn't be on that list because Luffy kick his ass.

Liqiud
November 20, 2006, 02:46 PM
You had a few slight errors in your list. Admiral Akainu, the "Red Dog" is one of the admirals and has been briefly featured in both the anime and manga. It's Fleet Admiral "Sengoku the Buddha" and Kizaru, the "Yellow Monkey" hasn't been featured yet but has been mentioned. As for the Shichibukai it's Dracule "Hawkeye" Mihawk, Donquixote Doflamingo, Bartholomew Kuma, and Jimbei. Crocodile got the beatdown from Luffy and is in prison, so he shouldn't even be mentioned in the Shichibukai. As for the Yonkou it's Red-Haired Shanks and just Whitebeard(no one has called him Edward Newgate yet). So, all 3 Admirals are known; if Blackbeard manages to take down a few high bountied pirates(which wouldn't be a problem cause he's hella powerful) he'll most likely become a Shichibukai; neither Garp or Tsuru are Admirals, they are Vice Admirals; Jimbei will probably be at Merman island...I mean, it's common sense; and it's impossible to tell the ? characters because they haven't even been hinted at. Problems solved and questions answered... no refunds...no returns...Eheh...peanuts...

weixiaobao
November 21, 2006, 12:52 PM
Now that I think about it Jimbei sure sound strong (all of the merman so far are strong) plus they rule the water. So my thought is that if Jimbei was not a member of 7 warlords, then can he be at the level of the 4 emperors. Secondly the Giants' Pirate seemed to be underated. Even though they had nothing but pure power they are a force to be reckon with.

Third, Crocodile eventhough beaten and no longer a warlord but he is one of the stronger one in the Grandline. And Enel will he be show up after his mini quest, he sure is strong. I think there are more people that are super strong but not on the list and maybe not even yet mention (not considered the 7 warlords and 4 emperors)

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
o_O....I have no idea what you just said, well most of it :oh I did (i think) catch your opinion the ones listed aren't necessarily the strongest in OP and I agree. But I have to disagree with the 'Crocodile is one of the stronger ones in the Grandline'; his former bounty was only about 81 million; I assume he was one of the weaker (if not the weakest) Shichibukai due to being the first major enemy Luffy fought; and there are many people that could have owned Crocodile. Anyway, both he and Enel are irrelevant now that one is in prison and one isn't going to ever come down from the moon.

Also dissagree with Jimbei being on the Level of the Yonkou; there is no way in hell :notrust Yonkou = Shichibukai = WG

Sorata
November 21, 2006, 04:23 PM
I´m just talking about the three great powers, not about the strongest guys, and i just put Crocodile because he was one of the three powers.
And i think that there are Shichibukai at level of the Yonkou, look Mihawk, don´t say that is weaker than Shanks or Whitbeard, the three of them seem to be on the same level(well of course whitebeard is the strongest - The Strongest Man in the World).

Liqiud
November 21, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah, some of the Shichibukai are probably up to par with the Yonkou. But only some; in order to maintain the equilibrium, some of the stronger crew members under the Yonkou are probably at the same level as the weaker to moderate Shikibukai. Same goes for the Navy; there are Yonkou level officers like Akainu and Aokiji; as well as vice admirals that are equally parred with the weaker Shikibukai and the stronger subordinates of the Yonkou. It's all about balance. That's why the WG freaked when Crocodile got spanked and the successful Shanks WB meeting.

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 11:19 AM
Okay, the world never got to know Crocodile was planning to take over the world, and challenge the gov, nor they know he was the BW leader. So his bounty not that much.

And about the yonko = 7 warlords = navy, I already argue my point somewhere earlier, and it was a heated debate I don't want to go through it again.

Anyway, my arguement was somewhere on the forum.

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 11:29 AM
Eheh, I assume your point is they are equal. Because if it isn't then you a blatantly wrong. It states it in the manga :darn -- About my previous post, it was my theory on the balance explanation.

Okay, the world never got to know Crocodile was planning to take over the world, and challenge the gov, nor they know he was the BW leader. So his bounty not that much.

That was after he was made a Shichibukai and had no bounty. If they knew about that he was planning a Coup d'état in Alabasta and his attempt to obtain the Pluton they wouldn't have bothered with giving him a bounty, the WG would have just sent one of the 3 Admirals to kill him.

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 01:28 PM
No my agruement was Crocodile is one of the stronger one in the Grandline
This is how the 3 powers work (my opinion), it is to said if one of the great three powers fell the world goes to chaos, if the world gov have too much power = the world goes to chaos (they ain't that good of guys), same goes with Yonkou and 7 warlords.

right now the world gov+ navy + nation island alliances + 7 warlords > Yonkou

World Gov, different islands nations alliances, navy- made an alliances with 7 warlords constantly battle against different faction of pirates, Yonkou, and rebellions + revolutionary, they also have to look out for the 7 warlords (since the 7 warlords are not that nice guys either)

7 warlords- made an alliances with the world gov, but they have their own plans in mind and not give too much of a damn on the world gov, works seperately with each others (7)

Yonkou- rule over the latter half of the grandline, work seperately with each others (4)

My agruement was the three power are not equal, sorry for not made that clear in the other post, some people said the Yonkou = wgov + 7 warlords, but I don't think so I think the WG > the 4 emperors

This is why the 4 emperors are not united until today (shank combine with WB), secondly the world gov have to deal with alot of enemy included the 4 emperors and yet they doing a pretty good job, the Yonkou was compare to the world gov since they made trouble for the world gov by not attack directly (if they do the WGov will probably win) since the world is huge, they just go around and attack one or two island (defenless island) and then hit and run. And they not even considered to be the #1 criminal.

These things lead me to believe that WGOV + 7 warlords + Nations allieances > Yonkou

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 01:36 PM
Eheh, Like I said, your blatently wrong. The manga clearly states that the 3 powers have to maintain balance or one will attack the weaker, therefor, they are equal. And about Crocodile, he was the first major villian that luffy faced, and he wasn't that strong (because he was the first actually villain Luffy faced, One Piece has an up ladder system), he just had a few tricks.

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 01:47 PM
Eheh, Like I said, your blatently wrong. The manga clearly states that the 3 powers have to maintain balance or one will attack the weaker, therefor, they are equal. And about Crocodile, he was the first major villian that luffy faced, and he wasn't that strong (because he was the first actually villain Luffy faced, One Piece has an up ladder system), he just had a few tricks.

Ok, I lose. Anyway, Crocodile almost kill Luffy twice, so. If crocodile finished his job right the first two times then luffy been dead by now.

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
That's one of the tricks I was talking about. He could absorb the water from people. One of the more powerful charaters like Shanks, WB, and Mihawk can beat down logia users with little effort. That's why I called him relitively weak.

weixiaobao
November 22, 2006, 02:01 PM
I see now. like Ace, and Enel, and Aoki, and Smoker are also weak (Liqiud's opinion?)

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 03:32 PM
Ace, Enel, Aokiji and Smoker could beat the living crap out of Crocodile....But again, stronger pirates like Shanks, WB and BB can hurt logia users.

Sorata
November 22, 2006, 04:00 PM
I agree with movingstone, the Yonkou are a bit stronge than the Marines and the Shichibukai, because the four don´t act together, they are pirates, not an organizaton called Yonkou(like the marines and the Shichibukai), Yonkou is just a tittle nothing more.
Concerning the marines, Sengoku is the strongest of the marines, i say that because of the way he talked to Do Flamingo and how Robin and Whitebeard talked about him, what do you think, he´s he at the same level as Shanks, Whitebeard and Miwak????

Navid.
November 23, 2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with movingstone, the Yonkou are a bit stronge than the Marines and the Shichibukai, because the four don´t act together, they are pirates, not an organizaton called Yonkou(like the marines and the Shichibukai), Yonkou is just a tittle nothing more.

The not working together comment is wrong in my opinion, since when did we ever see the Shichibukai work together and even though the lower level marines seem to follow order and work in teams (buster call) the high level admiral seem to be very independent and follow their own "justice" (Akoji). The only hint at working together we have gotten so far has been between Shanks and Whitebeard meeting (which we all know didnt work out too well).

I think it's a very realistic picture that the higher in power status you go the less you follow/work with others, which holds true so far in One Piece for the top class characters (Shanks might be a pirate and Mihawk might be Shichibukai, but they much do as they please and follow their own belifs)... So in my opinion (I know some disagree) the Yonkou (+crew) = Schichibukai = World Gov (Marines + rest).

Concerning the marines, Sengoku is the strongest of the marines, i say that because of the way he talked to Do Flamingo and how Robin and Whitebeard talked about him, what do you think, he´s he at the same level as Shanks, Whitebeard and Miwak????

I do think that the top level of each group are in a whole different ballpark than everyone one else in the grand line, these include so far: Whitebeard, Shanks - Mihawk, (Blackbeard??) - Sengoku, Akoji.

Liqiud
November 23, 2006, 12:14 PM
The not working together comment is wrong in my opinion, since when did we ever see the Shichibukai work together and even though the lower level marines seem to follow order and work in teams (buster call) the high level admiral seem to be very independent and follow their own "justice" (Akoji). The only hint at working together we have gotten so far has been between Shanks and Whitebeard meeting (which we all know didn't work out too well).

Yeah, all four Yonkou aren't even slightly in any alliance. The Shichibukai are obviously doing what ever the hell they want as goes for the 3 admirals (it's Aokiji btw).

I think it's a very realistic picture that the higher in power status you go the less you follow/work with others, which holds true so far in One Piece for the top class characters (Shanks might be a pirate and Mihawk might be Shichibukai, but they much do as they please and follow their own belifs)... So in my opinion (I know some disagree) the Yonkou (+crew) = Schichibukai = World Gov (Marines + rest).

They are equal (as I was trying to tell them; AS IT SAID PLAINLY IN THE MANGA :notrust) -- Agreed

I do think that the top level of each group are in a whole different ballpark than everyone one else in the grand line, these include so far: Whitebeard, Shanks - Mihawk, (Blackbeard??) - Sengoku, Akoji.

The top Shichibukai, all the Yonkou, and the admirals are obviously above everyone else. It's yet to be shown about BB and his crew, but I'm almost positive that they are VERY powerful. Anyone even thinking about usurping WB's thrown.

Hawkeye
November 23, 2006, 02:40 PM
and you guys are probably wrong. Sengoku is the strongest of the marines but probably not in all the WG. I personally think that 5 stars also have some kind of power which led them to that position.

weixiaobao
November 23, 2006, 04:06 PM
Since this tread only 2 pages so read other posts before commenting, so you know what we talking about (hinting *****edit*******, Sorata is agreeing with my previous previous post, which by the way Navid post you are also agreeing with my previous previous post which made you agreeing with Sorata except for the WG=4emperors=7dudes(that where we disagree))

Anyway Liqiud (the only one keeping me in check in every single one piece topic)
Thing could be more than it appear to be. we all know the manga said so, we read them, we eat them, we sleep with them, so we do know that the manga said so (use your imagination like your romantic theme love-love theme).

and you guys are probably wrong. Sengoku is the strongest of the marines but probably not in all the WG. I personally think that 5 stars also have some kind of power which led them to that position.

NO, You wrong, nobody ever said Sengoku is the strongest of the WG.

Sengoku is the strongest of the marines,

And the 5 elder star- the manga was hinting that they out lived their life (they been since the beginning since the lost history or something like that if I am wrong the Liqiud propably correct me, if you don't see his post then I am correct). Other abilities? The manga stated nothing yet so you free to imagined whatever abilities they have.

Liqiud
November 23, 2006, 10:56 PM
I agree with movingstone, I consider someone posting a random opinion in the middle of an actual discussion a spammer. Anyway, so far the Gorōsei(Five Elder Stars) are merely a council of sorts that rule above both Navy and Cipher Pol, guess all you want about how powerful they are but I believe the WG in OP is not Oligarchy(government is ruled only by the strongest). As for Sengoku, he might be powerful and he might not. I personally think anyone with a freaking seagull on their head and a pet goat would have to be extremely powerful or very respected(enough so that no one mentions or makes fun of his weird ass gull n' goat). The same applies for the Gorōsei, they are most likely highly respected and gifted leaders that have no need to be powerful themselves because their fist is the WG itself.

And the 5 elder star- the manga was hinting that they out lived their life (they been since the beginning since the lost history or something like that if I am wrong the Liqiud probably correct me, if you don't see his post then I am correct).

The lost history was a HELLA long time before the current storyline, they would have to be like 200. They are however, obviously from the "seas from back then" era WB mentioned.

jeffhmwong
November 24, 2006, 02:59 AM
Isnt this what a forum suppose to be?

Arent we allowed to post our opinion freely?

Stop critisicing other members post..!!

Navid.
November 24, 2006, 07:10 AM
Since this tread only 2 pages so read other posts before commenting, so you know what we talking about.

I actually read the posts before I decided to make my own post in this thread, I always read at least 4 pages back into any thread i Wish to post in... The only problem was I found all your comments to be of no intrest to me:

Let me explain why:

So my thought is that if Jimbei was not a member of 7 warlords, then can he be at the level of the 4 emperors.

First you are asuming the strenght of someone that we havent even met, much less seen fight, then you go on to imply that because hes a member of the Shichibukai he becomes weaker???

Then you go on for a couple of posts about how you belive that Crocodile is one of the strongest people on the grandline:
No my agruement was Crocodile is one of the stronger one in the Grandline

And then you go on to talk about the three great power, and i quote:

And about the yonko = 7 warlords = navy, I already argue my point somewhere earlier, and it was a heated debate I don't want to go through it again.

right now the world gov+ navy + nation island alliances + 7 warlords > Yonkou

but then after one argument from Liqiud you change your whole opinion and consider the three powers equal again...

So far I havent seen anything other than speculation (Jinbei being as strong as a yonkou, and crocodile being one of the strongest on the grand line), and half-researched opinions, that you throw away at the slightest opposition...

Navid, Sorata is agreeing with my previous previous post, which by the way Navid post you are also agreeing with my previous previous post which made you agreeing with Sorata except for the WG=4emperors=7dudes(that where we disagree)

I dont know what YOU read within "Sorata's" post but I can tell you that he wasnt aggreeing with you, (and for the life of me I cant figure out your logic of how my post agrees with "Sorata's" post..) I shall again explain...

After a lot of changed opinion you finnaly concluded to agree with "Liqiud" on that the Yonkou = Shichibukai = WG.

Sorata in his post said:

I agree with movingstone, the Yonkou are a bit stronge than the Marines and the Shichibukai...

Now tell me how that is agreeing with you, even though he says hes agreeing with you (poor guy must have gotten confused after you changed your mind once to many.

World Gov, different islands nations alliances, navy- made an alliances with 7 warlords constantly battle against different faction of pirates, Yonkou, and rebellions + revolutionary, they also have to look out for the 7 warlords (since the 7 warlords are not that nice guys either)

7 warlords- made an alliances with the world gov, but they have their own plans in mind and not give too much of a damn on the world gov, works seperately with each others (7)

Yonkou- rule over the latter half of the grandline, work seperately with each others (4)

This is a quote directly from you (movingstone) about your views on the three great powers... here you clearly state that the Shichibukai work seperately from each other...

Sorata in his post said:
because the four don´t act together, they are pirates, not an organizaton called Yonkou(like the marines and the Shichibukai), Yonkou is just a tittle nothing more.

If you still dont understand, it means that the Shichibukai and Marines are organizations that unlike the Yonkou act together...

Now be so kind to tell me how does that agree with your (and how on earth you managed to convince yourself that I was agreeing with that?) post again????

As for me being a spammer, I have just proved that my post was as far as being spam as it could be and i have to say that I love the fact that "Liquid" first posts a reply to my post agreeing with all my opinions, and then turns around and agrees with "movingstone" and suddenly I am, and i qoute for the last time:

someone posting a random opinion in the middle of an actual discussion

All I have to close with is ROLF, LOL and OH MY GOD...
(please read this post carefully three times over before replying to it... :eyeroll)

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 09:38 AM
As for me being a spammer, I have just proved that my post was as far as being spam as it could be and i have to say that I love the fact that "Liquid" first posts a reply to my post agreeing with all my opinions, and then turns around and agrees with "movingstone" and suddenly I am, and i qoute for the last time:

All I have to close with is ROLF, LOL and OH MY GOD...
(please read this post carefully three times over before replying to it... :eyeroll)

Eheh, stop calling me "Liqiud" http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif And as for the spammer comment. How in the hell did you assume it was pertaining to you? (you spelled 'quote' wrong btw)

I'll break it down a bit --

[b]I) "Hawkeye" posted a random half assed opinion calling me wrong and stating something that would probably make the WG majorly overshadow the other 2 great powers.

[b]II) movingstone posted:
Since this tread only 2 pages so read other posts before commenting, so you know what we talking about Which was obviously directed at "Hawkeye." Followed by a 'He said, She said, He stated.' statement that I completely ignored and then something about the Five Elder Stars being from the void century.

[b]III) I stated my opinion on people blurting random things out in the middle of a discussion (A DISCUSSION IN WHICH YOU WERE INVOLVED). And continued with a bit on the Gorōsei and it being highly unlikely they were from the void century.

[b]IV) You dissagreed with a hella amount of movingstone's comments, called yourself a spammer, and said I agreed with movingstone in that you were a spammer for a reason completely unbeknownced to me.

Either you are very insecure, or you highly misinterpreted what movingstone and I(or at least I) stated. Feel free to 'ROFL' again so we can get back on topic. :noworry

weixiaobao
November 24, 2006, 12:36 PM
Oh my gosh, I cause a war. (bad movingstone, bad movingstone, I didn't meant to offended nobody)

anyway: the way I post ussually included all posibility since if the manga is vague about it we could not said this one possibility is it, you know, that how "liqiud ussually is (and fun to agrue against" lol)

Isnt this what a forum suppose to be?

Arent we allowed to post our opinion freely?

Stop critisicing other members post..!!

If you addressing me, I'm sorry. Wait I didn't critizied your post, I didn't see your post anywhere except for Haweye come out saying "you all wrong", cccccccc, I must say something)

On to Navid:

1st- since we haven't meet someone, we can assume something, if we see him already, we can't assume anything. (that was just a thought)

2nd- I don't want to agrue with Liqiud since he always want to be a fittest of suvival of agrument, I never win against agruing with him, so just let him have his way. But I still keep my opinion.

3rd- Im not changing my mind, just trying to accept other possibility

4th- WG an organization and Yonkou (till shank and WB) is not working together before, the 7 warlord work for WG but also have something out in mind.

5th- Navid free to post, Oh yeah Sorata agreeing with my logia DF user thing. Not working together i meant- like Buggy and Black Cat Pirate (have nothing to do with each other) for an example. So what if Aojiki follow his own justice, he still defend the WG if he have to.

7th- I did hint at Navid.- I did say the 7 guys work seperately, marines working on the team, and "Aojiki work seperately" (not much of an impact)

6th-

except for the WG=4emperors=7dudes(that where we disagree))

Again sorry, and i did think I didn't read your post carefully.

And come on not more bloodshed between One Piece fan which I started this blood shed.

Navid.
November 25, 2006, 06:27 PM
Eheh, stop calling me "Liqiud" http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif And as for the spammer comment. How in the hell did you assume it was pertaining to you? (you spelled 'quote' wrong btw)

I'll break it down a bit --

[b]I) "Hawkeye" posted a random half assed opinion calling me wrong and stating something that would probably make the WG majorly overshadow the other 2 great powers.

[b]II) movingstone posted: Which was obviously directed at "Hawkeye." Followed by a 'He said, She said, He stated.' statement that I completely ignored and then something about the Five Elder Stars being from the void century.

Since this tread only 2 pages so read other posts before commenting, so you know what we talking about (hinting *****edit*******, Sorata is agreeing with my previous previous post, which by the way Navid post you are also agreeing with my previous previous post which made you agreeing with Sorata except for the WG=4emperors=7dudes(that where we disagree))

This is what "movingstone" posted, my name appeared where it now says eddited, as you can see the sentence wich refered to the spammer ended with hinting and then Navid., then a comma... so i obviously thought he was refering to me... As i know now it wasnt... so Im really sorry for the misunderstanding... (and for spelling quote wrong once in the entire post :p :smile-big)

[b]IV) You dissagreed with a hella amount of movingstone's comments, called yourself a spammer, and said I agreed with movingstone in that you were a spammer for a reason completely unbeknownced to me.

I dont understand what you mean, in fact i was agreeing with movingstone on that the shichibukai work seprateley, and many other things... what I had a problem with was that "movingstone" said because I agreed with his post i was agreeing with "Sorata's" post... which I was not...

Either you are very insecure, or you highly misinterpreted what movingstone and I(or at least I) stated. Feel free to 'ROFL' again so we can get back on topic. :noworry

Well as it turns out it seems it was all caused by a silly misunderstanding (altough me being very insecure is still being investigated into :( :p) and ... ROLF.

1st- since we haven't meet someone, we can assume something, if we see him already, we can't assume anything. (that was just a thought)

I can agree with that, I guess I just like to get some background on how you came to that assumption... or else it feels more like guesswork rather than making a assumption.

I don't want to agrue with Liqiud since he always want to be a fittest of suvival of agrument, I never win against agruing with him, so just let him have his way. But I still keep my opinion.

I would say if you belive in somthing dont just give up on your views just because someone disagrees with you... :), your entitled to your opinion like anyone else on this board... if anything just agree to disagree. :amuse

3rd- Im not changing my mind, just trying to accept other possibility

Well when you accept someone elses view, in this case that the Shichibukai = Yonkou = WG, that means that you have changed your view... if that wasn't what you meant... then ok. So do you still belive that Shichibukai WG < Yonkou ??

4th- WG an organization and Yonkou (till shank and WB) is not working together before, the 7 warlord work for WG but also have something out in mind.

This I would find interesting to discuss with you, I have always belived that the Shichibukai dont work for the WG, but rather "get along with them... but you are saying that you belive that the Shicibukai work for the WG... care to shed more light on why you think so?

7th- I did hint at Navid.- I did say the 7 guys work seperately, marines working on the team, and "Aojiki work seperately" (not much of an impact)

This is where I was agreeing with you but not with Sorata, who was saying that the Shichibukai and WG where like an organization compared to the Yonkou.

And come on not more bloodshed between One Piece fan which I started this blood shed.

Agreed :)

Edit: yeah, sorry about only posting the quote first... something went wrong with explorer.

That has nothing to do with what this thread or our debate is talking about. My suggestion, start a new thread. You spelled Shichibukai and opinion wronf btw.

Lol you just spelt wrong wrong ;) :p :smile-big

mugen
November 25, 2006, 06:42 PM
well I think that Blackbeard can not be one of the Shichubukai simply cuz he does'nt have an Animal theme.
And do you all think the other Shichubukai who have yet to be introduced have somewhat high bounties or lower bounties than those already shown.
Anyways my opinoin is that Hawkeye is the strongest of them and I want to see his old Flag and how Whitebeard knows him.

Liqiud
November 25, 2006, 06:57 PM
I dont understand what you mean, in fact i was agreeing with movingstone on that the shichibukai work seprateley, and many other things... what I had a problem with was that "movingstone" said because I agreed with his post i was agreeing with "Sorata's" post... which I was not...

I was summarizing your previous post...and I'm the one that said the Shichibukai work separately(you spelled it wrong btw)...

Well when you accept someone elses view, in this case that the Shichibukai = Yonkou = WG, that means that you have changed your view... if that wasn't what you meant... then ok. So do you still belive that Shichibukai WG < Yonkou ??

I was summarizing your previous post...and I'm the one that said the Shichibukai work separately(you spelled it wrong btw)...

Believe he still has the same mentality about the 3 great powers...

This I would find interesting to discuss with you, I have always belived that the Shichibukai dont work for the WG, but rather "get along with them... but you are saying that you belive that the Shicibukai work for the WG... care to shed more light on why you think so? .

The Shichibukai are a completely different organisation from the WG but have a loose alliance/deal with them. So far the deal consists of: The Shichibukai intemidating other pirates so they don't get to brazen and attending a meeting VERY sparsely; apparently in return they have their bounties dropped. Also, if they were working for the WG it would be the 2 geat powers :darn

well I think that Blackbeard can not be one of the Shichubukai simply cuz he does'nt have an Animal theme.
And do you all think the other Shichubukai who have yet to be introduced have somewhat high bounties or lower bounties than those already shown.
Anyways my opinoin is that Hawkeye is the strongest of them and I want to see his old Flag and how Whitebeard knows him.

That has nothing to do with what this thread or our debate is talking about. My suggestion, start a new thread. You spelled Shichibukai and opinion wronf btw. he still has the same mentality about the 3 great powers...

This I would find interesting to discuss with you, I have always belived that the Shichibukai dont work for the WG, but rather "get along with them... but you are saying that you belive that the Shicibukai work for the WG... care to shed more light on why you think so? .

The Shichibukai are a completely different organisation from the WG but have a loose alliance/deal with them. So far the deal consists of: The Shichibukai intemidating other pirates so they don't get to brazen and attending a meeting VERY sparsely; apparently in return they have their bounties dropped. Also, if they were working for the WG it would be the 2 geat powers :darn

That has nothing to do with what this thread or our debate is talking about. My suggestion, start a new thread. You spelled Shichibukai and opinion wronf btw.

Hawkeye
November 25, 2006, 07:09 PM
Liquid forgive my rudeness for before but my previous post was linked in to your comment in no way related to you and was aimed toward the person who made this thread for forgetting the add the 5 stars to the list and it was mere coincidence that your post was above mine

weixiaobao
November 25, 2006, 07:18 PM

Accually the 7warlords in one of the great 3 power. Not that I trying to pick on you Liqiud. Anyway, you have such strong right and wrong sense (be more passive like me) (don't listening to movingstone be your self)

1st- Yes you may be right about Black Beard not joined 7 warlords group but we haven't see all of the members so far so some of them may not have an animal theme. I think BB resemble a hippo.

2nd- Maybe the ones haven't introduced have higher bounty, but we don't really know Hawkeyes bounty, and ussually other manga introduced the badest ass last, but this is one piece so there maybe surprises.

3rd- I guess maybe Hawkeyes also a former member of Gold Roger, but probably not WBeard's crew.
______

Oh yeah, Mugen, we are trying to discuss how the three powers work. As it seem this is such a heated debate (and a very controlversal one that is why Sorata (the one who started thread) have not even want to post anymore (guess). Since I am not a mod, I say free to post any thing related to the 3 powers.

Love your fellows One Piece fans. And Pirates are much cooler than Ninjas plus Shinigamis.

mugen
November 25, 2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Movingstone for being my lawyer anyways why so many many Instigaters on this thread?
They need to chill or watch some hentai :smile-big

But on TOpic now why is it I fell we've might have of the Seven Warlords be a D.
And should'nt Dragon be there I mean he is the most wamted man.

weixiaobao
November 25, 2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks Movingstone for being my lawyer anyways why so many many Instigaters on this thread?
They need to chill or watch some hentai :smile-big

But on TOpic now why is it I fell we've might have of the Seven Warlords be a D.
And should'nt Dragon be there I mean he is the most wamted man.

The thing by working for the gov, the 7 warlords no longer seen as a threat to the gov. But some how Dragon challenge the gov directly. So even if the gov want him in their side, he probably refused. Like Luffy and the strawhat will probably never joined the gov.

PS. hentai are fun.

mugen
November 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
yeah I know that's why Dragon is the most wanted Man
and about starting a new topic on Dragon I think you should start one.

weixiaobao
November 25, 2006, 08:10 PM
and about starting a new topic on Dragon I think you should start one.

I predicting, there will be not much discussion but assumption and guesses.

mugen
November 25, 2006, 08:13 PM
I predicting, there will be not much discussion but assumption and guesses.

True I mean there's not much about them like are they like a crew or do they work solo

weixiaobao
November 25, 2006, 08:18 PM
Ok, here a new topic to dicuss about the 3 great powers Aojiki vs. Ace (who stronger)
2nd what would the world gov do to fill in the vacancy of Crocodile
3rd Could BBeard's ambition threaten the world gov
4th Where have Smoker gone?
5th If Enel ever returned from the moon, should he took control of the world.
6th I don't think luffy care about the great power
7th The origin of World Gov
8th World Gov and Lost history
9th Who caught Gold Roger (in the marines)
10th What did Gold Roger found out about the WG.

here is some good topic for discussion.

mugen
November 25, 2006, 08:20 PM
Yes all those are great to discuss you should start a topic out of that ASAP

SandMan
November 26, 2006, 12:41 AM
Ok, here a new topic to dicuss about the 3 great powers Aojiki vs. Ace (who stronger)
2nd what would the world gov do to fill in the vacancy of Crocodile
3rd Could BBeard's ambition threaten the world gov
4th Where have Smoker gone?
5th If Enel ever returned from the moon, should he took control of the world.
6th I don't think luffy care about the great power
7th The origin of World Gov
8th World Gov and Lost history
9th Who caught Gold Roger (in the marines)
10th What did Gold Roger found out about the WG.

here is some good topic for discussion.

1. Both Logia fruit users. We can't know for sure until the two face-off, but to make a simple assumption, fire burns ice so Ace goes away with the victory.

2. We know they are finding a replacement. Whether it will be Blackbeard, a new character or someone we already know remains to be seen. But since we now know Blackbeard is pretty strong (capable of giving Shanks that scar), so having him in the shichibukai would imbalance the powers.

3. What is his ambition exactly? Sorry, I can't exactly remember every detail of One Piece like u guys.

4. Kept quiet after the Crocodile arc. Does not think that the Strawhats are the "bad guys", but might continue pursuing them as he is still a marine.

5. I seriously doubt him coming back. Besides, Luffy beat him, and there are many characters stronger than Luffy.

6. What great power? The Shichibukai/Yonkou/World Govt.? Nah, he's just concerned with being the next Pirate King. If they get in his way, he'll just try to kick their asses.

7. Too blurry to make an assumption right now. I can't make something up because a particular One Piece fanatic will say that opinions are stupid and drown my post with facts and statistics he gleefully remembers from the manga. Then he'll search my post for spelling errors and point them out.

8. Again, too blurry at this point. We don't know the exact "lost history" to discuss it.

9. Sengoku probably, with much help.

10. Found out about what the WG did, causing the Govt. to panic and finally catch him.

Liqiud
November 26, 2006, 01:02 AM
1. Both Logia fruit users. We can't know for sure until the two face-off, but to make a simple assumption, fire burns ice so Ace goes away with the victory.

Agreed...

2. We know they are finding a replacement. Whether it will be Blackbeard, a new character or someone we already know remains to be seen. But since we now know Blackbeard is pretty strong (capable of giving Shanks that scar), so having him in the shichibukai would imbalance the powers.

He's a probable replacement, but I doubt he is powerful enough to shift the balance in the Shichibukai's favor..

3. What is his ambition exactly? Sorry, I can't exactly remember every detail of One Piece like u guys.

I just have a photographic memory..

4. Kept quiet after the Crocodile arc. Does not think that the Strawhats are the "bad guys", but might continue pursuing them as he is still a marine.

According to one of the opening sequences and the chapter cover mini arc, your right..

5. I seriously doubt him coming back. Besides, Luffy beat him, and there are many characters stronger than Luffy.

He's on the freaking moon, wish people would drop it; Enel was a douche..

6. What great power? The Shichibukai/Yonkou/World Govt.? Nah, he's just concerned with being the next Pirate King. If they get in his way, he'll just try to kick their asses.

Eheh, agreed..

7. Too blurry to make an assumption right now. I can't make something up because a particular One Piece fanatic will say that opinions are stupid and drown my post with facts and statistics he gleefully remembers from the manga. Then he'll search my post for spelling errors and point them out.

You better not be talking about me you snot nosed little sleepy glittery powder rats ass son of a.. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif .. I do find spelling errors via gmail spellchecker to piss people off.. and I'm not a fanatic, it's just my favorite series

8. Again, too blurry at this point. We don't know the exact "lost history" to discuss it.

They have to know something about it to want to keep it a secret, well, at least they know about the ancient weapons ::shrug:: we'll find out later..

9. Sengoku probably, with much help.

Gol Roger had everything in the world, being a D. type personalty, the only thing left for him to obtain/explore was death so he prolly turned himself in. Garp was the one that brought him in btw..

10. Found out about what the WG did, causing the Govt. to panic and finally catch him.

He could read the poneglyphs... still don't think the strongest man in history(not to mention the monstrous nakama he must have had) could be overtaken no matter how much the WG wanted to out him.

scarletcrimson
November 26, 2006, 02:24 AM
well i think blackbeard just wants to be the next gold roger (that will of D thing) thats probably why he left WB's crew, he wants to be the strongest, my theory is if he joins Shichibukai he will betray them and, i agree with all the other statements including that gold roger let himself get caught but i don't think its cause he wanted to die, i think its cause maybe the WG threatened his nakama or something because he knew some of their secrets and he had to give in to their demands. i also think we should discuss the theories of the WG lost history which would probably entail Gold Rogers findings and the orgin of the world gov

btw liquid you misspelled PERSONALITY in your last post so maybe you should use the gmail spell check thing on your own posts
*mozilla 2.0 has spellchecker bitches wat wat

SandMan
November 26, 2006, 03:28 AM
You better not be talking about me you snot nosed little sleepy glittery powder rats ass son of a.. http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif .. I do find spelling errors via gmail spellchecker to piss people off.. and I'm not a fanatic, it's just my favorite series

Sorry dude, it's just that I hate people who point out other people's spelling mistakes. It's not like the guy couldn't spell. Now if the guy kept on posting using spelling like this:

"Guys, I tink dat Loofie gonna keek Garps ass and wype eet oll on ur fayses"

Then I can understand ur case, but you can clearly see that the guy would pass an English test. Let's just forget about it. U & me, 0-0. 4get about that post and i'll 4get about u calling me a sleepy rat's ass or whatever it was.

Anyway, where do you guys see all this (Yonkou, Shichibukai, Revolutionaries, WG, lost history) leading to in the end? I can assume that all these elements come together in the end and intertwine causing some massive confrontations or possibly a gigantic war towards the end of One Piece.

Liqiud
November 26, 2006, 12:26 PM
well i think blackbeard just wants to be the next gold roger (that will of D thing) thats probably why he left WB's crew, he wants to be the strongest, my theory is if he joins Shichibukai he will betray them

Blackbeard doesn't want to be pirate king, he wants to usurp WBs possition; and becoming a Shichibukai somehow ties into his plans.

and, i agree with all the other statements including that gold roger let himself get caught but i don't think its cause he wanted to die, i think its cause maybe the WG threatened his nakama or something because he knew some of their secrets and he had to give in to their demands. i also think we should discuss the theories of the WG lost history which would probably entail Gold Rogers findings and the orgin of the world gov

Ds don't fear death; it was the only thing left for Gol explore/obtain . About the giving himself up due to the WG threatening his nakama; he would have just gone and kicked their asses.

btw liquid you misspelled PERSONALITY in your last post so maybe you should use the gmail spell check thing on your own posts
*mozilla 2.0 has spellchecker bitches wat wat

That was a typo, not a misspelling http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif. You guys obviously don't get that I'm not correcting people's spelling because I'm a purist about grammar. I just enjoy pissing people off.. And you use Linux?

P.S.- That picture makes Yondaime look gay.

weixiaobao
November 26, 2006, 06:14 PM
0- I sux at spelling but I am pretty good at internet lang. (sux= suck)

1st- Ice power slow down molecule contract with fire. And if the O2 in the air is gone (then fire is useless). But maybe they tie again.

2nd and 3rd- I think Black Beard don't really care about the World Gov, he may using them as they using him. Maybe his ambitious to conquer the world. Or made the world biggest pie making factory. I don't think he will stop at being the strongest man.

5th- I think Enel going to come back.

That exactly what I thought someone going to said that, and that is one truth ans.

*Anyway about Gold Roger's death, maybe Garp double dare him if he turn himself in. And since he dun want to be a little scardy girl. Had turn himself in and die laughing at his stubidity. (posibility)

PS. Liqiud, I gonna introduced your personality in my original fiction (sooner or later, check c1,2, and 3 out here http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11291.msg226671#msg226671 and post a comment)

Liqiud
November 26, 2006, 07:08 PM
1st- Ice power slow down molecule contract with fire. And if the O2 in the air is gone (then fire is useless). But maybe they tie again.

Unless Aokiji can reach absolute zero..

The lowest possible temperature where nothing could be colder and no heat energy remains in a substance. Absolute zero is the point at which the fundamental particles of nature have minimal vibrational motion, retaining only quantum mechanical, zero-point energy-induced particle motion.

..which I doubt due to Luffy and Robin being able to survive being frozen by him, he cannot beat Ace.

5th- I think Enel going to come back.

Why don't you people F@#%ING drop it! I) He has reached his paradise; II) He's busy frying small soldier moon midgets; II) If he did come back he would just be owned by Luffy even harder.

PS. Liqiud, I gonna introduced your personality in my original fiction (sooner or later, check c1,2, and 3 out here http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11291.msg226671#msg226671 and post a comment)

o_O ... You don't really know my personality... But I pretty much have a more smartassy version of Mugen of of Champloo's personality if that helps...

weixiaobao
November 26, 2006, 07:13 PM
Why don't you people F@#%ING drop it! I) He has reached his paradise; II) He's busy frying small soldier moon midgets; II) If he did come back he would just be owned by Luffy even harder.

This is the personality I am talking about....
Anyway he will use his moon base to conquer the great 3 power. But since he don't know anything about the great three power he will got his ass kick then the WG offered the seat of the 7 warlords. YIKE I love it when Liquid (Liquid) angry, it steaming in here. (I bet in real life he is not that angry).

Oda said that if Enel have a bounty it would be 500 million berries where I got that I do know where but I am not going to tell. Keep making Liquid steaming!!!

Liqiud
November 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
This is the personality I am talking about....
Anyway he will use his moon base to conquer the great 3 power. But since he don't know anything about the great three power he will got his ass kick then the WG offered the seat of the 7 warlords. YIKE I love it when Liquid (Liquid) angry, it steaming in here. (I bet in real life he is not that angry).

I don't give a rats ass, He's not comming back; you know I'm right so f@#%ing drop it..

Oda said that if Enel have a bounty it would be 500 million berries where I got that I do know where but I am not going to tell. Keep making Liquid steaming!!!

The Enel bounty was stated by Oda during SBS as a testament to his power... And I've not gotten even slightly pissed in any discussion; this is just my autotalk.

weixiaobao
November 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
gotten even slightly pissed in any discussion; this is just my autotalk.

(I bet in real life he is not that angry).

Anyway, it appear that the three great powers is not in balance nor equal. The WG and marines appears to be slightly stronger since they have to deal both with the Revolutionaries and the 4 emperors.

Liqiud
November 26, 2006, 10:05 PM
THEY ARE F@#%ING EQUAL!! THE MANGA CLEARLY STATES IT YOU TARD!! :cussing

Freakzin
November 26, 2006, 10:16 PM
common Liqiud don't fall in movingstone's traps dude, he's just makin u look like a crazy person

weixiaobao
November 26, 2006, 10:17 PM
common Liqiud don't fall in movingstone's traps dude, he's just makin u look like a crazy person

Hey, I am not a bad person and I don't like mind trick either and Liqiud is not angry so let get on topic.

Liqiud
November 26, 2006, 10:27 PM
Yup, just em phasing my point very brazenly and in captions; I didn't fall into any traps.. Back on topic, due to an article I just skimmed through, the Navy is the third power, not the entire WG.. O_O

gao_dargon
November 27, 2006, 01:41 AM
i have read all the pages hahaha and im kind of lost, but im gonna try to stay in topic, for startes i dont know how was crocodail able to cut it into being a shichibukai with such a small bounty, and i dont think he is nearly close to being one of the strongest persons in GL, maby you have to ask or something to become a shichibukai, and i think that way cuz y didnt the WG offerd Luffy a shichibukai seat after defeating crocodail? that would be logical dont u think??, about the ace and akoji fight, ur right in ace bing fire and akoji ice, but maby akoji is faster or simply have more battle experiense (spelling?) i cant help but to think that akoji would win, and i think that way cuz ace tied with smoker and smoker is way bellow akoji, i dont think enel is coming back at all, y i think that, cuz he is in the moon and he is happy there (and cuz i dont like him hahaha =P), i think roger found the lost history robin is after and thats a threat to the WG, and about the WG and lost history well i think that the ppl world goverment excting was the "D's, well i hope i cover the right things and staid in topic, im waiting to be trashed in my spelling cuz as u can see i totatly suck ass in that subject hahaha =P, not even in my own lenguage i have good spelling hahahaha

scarletcrimson
November 27, 2006, 03:08 AM
ok wait im a bit confused i orginally thought 3 great powers were
Marines vs. Shichibukai vs. CP9 or something like that
of course now cp9 are all but gone and oda has introduced the yonkou
so are the 3 world powers
Marines vs. Shichibukai vs. Yonkou becuase arent both the marines and shicibukai either controlled or directly influenced by the WG (even though they all have their own ideals plans)
and wat of the rebellion are they a world power or just an organization

could it just be WG vs. everyone else thats how it seems to me and it seems they have the advantage

Liqiud
November 27, 2006, 10:55 AM
i have read all the pages hahaha and im kind of lost, but im gonna try to stay in topic, for startes i dont know how was crocodail able to cut it into being a shichibukai with such a small bounty, and i dont think he is nearly close to being one of the strongest persons in GL, maby you have to ask or something to become a shichibukai, and i think that way cuz y didnt the WG offerd Luffy a shichibukai seat after defeating crocodail? that would be logical dont u think??, about the ace and akoji fight, ur right in ace bing fire and akoji ice, but maby akoji is faster or simply have more battle experiense (spelling?) i cant help but to think that akoji would win, and i think that way cuz ace tied with smoker and smoker is way bellow akoji, i dont think enel is coming back at all, y i think that, cuz he is in the moon and he is happy there (and cuz i dont like him hahaha =P), i think roger found the lost history robin is after and thats a threat to the WG, and about the WG and lost history well i think that the ppl world goverment excting was the "D's, well i hope i cover the right things and staid in topic, im waiting to be trashed in my spelling cuz as u can see i totatly suck ass in that subject hahaha =P, not even in my own lenguage i have good spelling hahahaha

Not even going to touch that *passes out from reading so many spelling errors*

ok wait im a bit confused i orginally thought 3 great powers were
Marines vs. Shichibukai vs. CP9 or something like that
of course now cp9 are all but gone and oda has introduced the yonkou
so are the 3 world powers
Marines vs. Shichibukai vs. Yonkou becuase arent both the marines and shicibukai either controlled or directly influenced by the WG (even though they all have their own ideals plans)

(You spelled 'originally,' 'because,' and 'aren't' wrong..) The Cp9 weren't ever even close to a great power; Yeah, it's always been Navy = Shichibukai = Yonkou. The Shichibukai VERY loosely allied with the WG that's why they are a great power in themselves. The Yonkou are completely separate with different agendas not unlike the Shichibukai. You also forget the Yonkou have HUGE crews. WB by himself has 3 fleets... That's why the WG freaked out when Shanks went to meet WB.

and wat of the rebellion are they a world power or just an organization

(You spelled 'what' wrong) Started a topic (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11286.0) for that..

could it just be WG vs. everyone else thats how it seems to me and it seems they have the advantage

(You spelled 'that's' wrong) I'm going to repeat this again; the three great powers are equal in strength http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif

scarletcrimson
November 28, 2006, 05:21 AM
(just going to ignore your spelling corrections liquid) but even if the yonkou have several fleets so do the marines and ok lets say each admiral is on a level with a yonkou wouldn't that that mean that the marines have more manpower, i'm not even getting into levels of power cause we don't know that much about either side yet also if the cp9 weren't a power would they be on the side of the marines
also what was shanks before nothing then, and if he joins WB then that would more than tip the scale

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 10:47 AM
I'm going to repeat this again; the three great powers are equal in strength http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_stab__by_darkmoon3636.gif

I'm just going to ignore anymore posts about how the 3 great powers aren't equal when it plainly states that they are in the F@#%ing manga..

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 02:28 PM
Just shut-up everyone and read the manga carefully.
They are equal, no-more insane arguments about it.

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
HA! http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_headbang__version_one_by_E_motive.gif Finally someone that doesn't argue for four f@#%ing pages with what the manga plainy states ..

Wait.. Did you just tell me to shut up!?! http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/Fighting_emoticons_-_matrix.gif

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 02:47 PM
you wanna hit the self proclaimed head of the unofficial perv club of MH
:guns :laser :smack :burnkk
mwahahaha Im evil
ok, lets be friends

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 02:55 PM
People who claim to be evil aren't evil.. BWAHAHAHAHA - Ishida = OWNED -- Alright, enough spamming

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
we now have to w8 and see to which side the balance of power shifts due to luffy's future conquests

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
So far his actions have been in heavily favoring the Yonkou.

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 03:18 PM
for now its favoring yonkou but oda sensei very unpredictable.
we have to wait and see.

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:32 PM
Why to people call him Oda sensei.. it sounds like your in a cult, just call him Oda.. And I doubt the Strawhats will od anything in favor of the WG.

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 03:33 PM
well I dont know why they add sensei to every thing
Im just following the pop culture around here

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 03:40 PM
It's not pop culture, it's a forum; Don't follow other's crap.. Most of them aren't even Japanese (SPAM)

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 04:15 PM
from now on I will follow my own style

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 04:26 PM
add sensei to show respect if you don't know, and anyway and your only point the three power are equal is from the manga. But you must consider who said it the manga, what background they are, and who side are they on. Just dont F*** said "the manga said so", such a freaking most boring statement. let's repeat in girly voice "the manga said so.."

Anyway, everybody can think whatever they want.

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
A way to show respect in the japanese culture is "san" or "sama" you dumbass; sensei is used for professors, doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc... Both Garp and the Gorousei referred to the powers being equal. Oh, and "the manga said so" is my point? Yeah, it is..and it's a f@#%ing good point, if you want to "respect" Oda then don't argue what he plainly states the the f@#%ing manga... tard

mugen
November 28, 2006, 06:13 PM
:offtopic yo you got issues
chill the F**k out for real
go outside or something
LIquid :p

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 06:17 PM
:offtopic Already told you that's just my autotalk; not pissed in the slightest.. and hungry, very very hungry

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 06:30 PM
sama, san, and kun, every damn japanese anime or manga fan know that
sensei also one, k
And I think someone should lock this thread or something, because we like run out of idea for discussion.....

abu_89
November 28, 2006, 06:47 PM
*sigh* Much ado over nothing... any way you look at it, you cannot compare the 3 powers as being equal in any sense since they each have their strengths (and the Emperors have the biggest strength :amuse)

*read the gigantic rant*

<rant>

The World Government has by far the biggest cavalry. With their large numbers and their sea-stone technology, they should be able to weaken the Devil-Fruit pirates to defeat them. In addition, they have some pretty powerful Admirals and leaders, who could hold their own against most pirates (but not the 4 Emperors). [Marines included with World Government]

The Pirates who sold their soul to the government are individually strong but don't compare to the World Government in any way unless that comparison is done on a one-on-one basis. It's hard to say whether Mihawk could stand up to a battalion of marines or against a battalion of marine ships because ... well... he doesn't create giant fireballs and throw them at his opponent. In any case, the Pirates in this class are strong as individuals but couldn't stand up to a mass onslaught. Although they "work for the government", they have a lot of freedom to do as they please because trying to keep them under strict control would be nearly impossible for the government and it would be easier to just eliminate the Pirate if he does something against them than to try and control him.

The Emperors of the Grand Line cannot be compared to at all. From the latest chapters, we see that Shanks can knock out a whole crew without even fighting them. So the only ones that could probably fight them are strong Pirates (like Mihawk) or Admirals from the government. Their crews could probably taken out with raw force but the crew leaders would be unbelievably hard to take out. Well, they're not called the Emperors just for show.

In any case, neither the government nor the Emperors want a fight. They're happy with status quo. So unless something endangers this "ceasefire", *cough* Blackbeard *cough*, it doesn't really matter. To generalize, you could call the Emperors nukes [reusable] but the World Government would be a gigantic warehouse filled to the brim with conventional weapons, including cruise missiles, smart bombs, tactical explosives, etc. One would make a gigantic explosion in a single area while the other could wreck havoc at strategic points all over the place.

</rant>

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 07:01 PM
*sigh* Much ado over nothing... any way you look at it, you cannot compare the 3 powers as being equal in any sense since they each have their strengths (and the Emperors have the biggest strength :amuse)

*read the gigantic rant*

But even the 4 emperors don't dare to challenge the World Gov. directly, only the revolutionries do....

:offtopic yo you got issues
chill the F**k out for real
go outside or something
LIquid :p

don't be piss at liqiud for being liqiud anyway check out my new chapter of my story
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=11291.0

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 07:04 PM
sama, san, and kun, every damn japanese anime or manga fan know that
sensei also one, k
And I think someone should lock this thread or something, because we like run out of idea for discussion.....

(still off topic)san = term for respect; sama = term for even more respect; kun = term for friends of family; sensei = Not a term for respect, a term for title purely. Since Oda's not the CEO of a corporation or a high powered lawyer, he's not a f@#%ing sensei. Oh and YOUR NOT JAPANESE, stop leeching their dialect(still off topic)

Wait. wait, wait.. another dumbass that thinks Oda is wrong.. Heh, I'm not going to even bother; your all idiots...

mugen
November 28, 2006, 07:11 PM
Ummmm are you Japanese
yes I'm asking you Liquid?

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
No, I'm Indian(feathers not beads) But I've lived in Japan and Scotland, although the Scotland part wasn't relevant.

mugen
November 28, 2006, 07:19 PM
Oh and YOUR NOT JAPANESE, stop leeching their dialect(still off topic)
Wait. wait, wait.. another dumbass that thinks Oda is wrong.. Heh, I'm not going to even bother; your all idiots...

So you really should'nt say that to people
cuz that's not nice! :noworry

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 07:20 PM
Dun give a flyin rats ass; I have japanese friends that hate that bullsh@# So I had to say something.

mugen
November 28, 2006, 07:26 PM
Dun give a flyin rats ass; I have japanese friends that hate that bullsh@# So I had to say something.

Damn like I said before you need to go outside or something :tem

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA So I naturally act like a drunken Irishman... Although I'm neither drunk nor Irish http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_headbang__version_one_by_E_motive.gif

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 08:22 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA So I naturally act like a drunken Irishman... Although I'm neither drunk nor Irish http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/_headbang__version_one_by_E_motive.gif

So you are a Native American.... wow.... anyway be on topic...

You should show us more reason why you think the great 3 powers are equal..

I remember Garp saying something about the 7 warlords and the marines (combine I think) is the only force that strong enough to deal with the Yonkou...

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 08:44 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g168/Liqiud/One_Piece-432-07.png

Freakzin
November 28, 2006, 09:51 PM
so it is (marines and shitchibukai) = (yonkou)

infyquest
November 28, 2006, 09:59 PM
guys and gals please dont fight against this.

so it is (marines and shitchibukai) = (yonkou)

the equation is wrong
marines+wg <=> shichibukai <=> yonkou
and no more arguments and this is final :mad

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, that's the jist of it -- Navy = Shichibukai = Yonkou -- Like I f@#%ing said..

Freakzin
November 28, 2006, 10:12 PM
dude it says so in Liqiud post as Garp said" the "marine headquarters" and the "shitchibukai" exist to counter balance this four!!!" he clearly said Marine+Shitchibukai=Yonkou

scarletcrimson
November 28, 2006, 10:15 PM
well i still think the manga implies that even though they are probably equal, but that if it wasnt for the schikibukai werent there the Yonkou would have overtaken the marines long ago, they are just the buffer and should somehting happen to disrupt the seven warlords (ie. of course blackbeard and WB crew going at brawl) then some s*&$# is gonna go down

so they are even not because thier exact powers balance up its because they realize that if the fighting goes down neither side would be left at all

mugen
November 28, 2006, 10:26 PM
well i still think the manga implies that even though they are probably equal, but that if it wasnt for the schikibukai werent there the Yonkou would have overtaken the marines long ago, they are just the buffer and should somehting happen to disrupt the seven warlords (ie. of course blackbeard and WB crew going at brawl) then some s*&$# is gonna go down

True I concur with you they're equal I mean the Shichikibukai have the strongest swordman who I suppose is stonger than Shanks even though I'd hate to admit it. :darn

Why else would he stop seeking him duels I mean I'm not saying Shanks is weak but he's not as strong as he used to be. So yes all three are equal not Navy + 7 warlords = Yonkou ;)

weixiaobao
November 28, 2006, 10:28 PM
Well, my thought is like

WG + Navy + 7 warlords + other nation country = others pirates + Yonkou + Revolutionaries

Freakzin
November 28, 2006, 11:03 PM
i agree with movinstone

scarletcrimson
November 28, 2006, 11:58 PM
yeah if all those sides like worked together that would be the case, but i mean pirates and the revolutionaries are technically on the same side, wanting a new era and taking down the WG

It would be nice if Dragon and the revolutionaries formed some coallition with the Yonkou they woudl take out the WG for sure then

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 01:26 AM
Well, my thought is like

WG + Navy + 7 warlords + other nation country = others pirates + Yonkou + Revolutionaries

Those are more than 3 great powers tard. The other nations and Navy are part of the WG too. Screw it...your all idiots that switch arguments every three f@#%ing posts... believe what you want but the powers are equal because I and the manga freaking say so. With that I'll leave you to your mindless banter and your halfassed speculation. Oh, and peanuts..

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 10:52 AM
awwhh..its rude///

kazekage_shinagami
November 29, 2006, 11:03 AM
Im pretty sure the that Garp or/and Robin said something about the Powers being, the WG, The 4 emporers, The Navy...and its kinda of Obvious from the way they were talking that Dragon's Revolutionaries are the 4th power

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 11:12 AM
that's it...the conversation was cut in the of the chapter..

and the next chapter come up with luffy hang on with coby..

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 11:20 AM
Im pretty sure the that Garp or/and Robin said something about the Powers being, the WG, The 4 emporers, The Navy...and its kinda of Obvious from the way they were talking that Dragon's Revolutionaries are the 4th power

Already has a thread to itself sparky..

Remus
March 10, 2007, 03:40 AM
Well you gotta add this Moria guy to the list now.

mugen
March 10, 2007, 10:27 PM
Well you gotta add this Moria guy to the list now.

not really anyways seems like Whitebeard times is almost over.....
I wonder how the shift in power will affect the Yonkou cuz so far it has only been in their favor :blink

OP_overlord
March 10, 2007, 11:51 PM
the rev have gotten stronger too

mugen
March 10, 2007, 11:56 PM
the rev have gotten stronger too

but they are still not one of the three powers
I mean as much as they have weakened the WG, they have not disrupted the three powers, or at least it has not been said :noworry

OP_overlord
March 10, 2007, 11:57 PM
but they are a power just not stated as a third one

mugen
March 10, 2007, 11:59 PM
but they are a power just not stated as a third one

don't you mean fourth? and besides its not like they are fighting for power, they just want to overthrow the WG or expose them better put... tehy could care less about the Shichibukai and the Yonkou

OP_overlord
March 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
yes i ment fouth and the yonkous are doing th esame thing they want to overthrow teh gov an make a new era in which they have every pirate in teh worl under there command

mugen
March 11, 2007, 12:15 AM
yes i ment fouth and the yonkous are doing th esame thing they want to overthrow teh gov an make a new era in which they have every pirate in teh worl under there command

actually they are just fighting to be Pirate King :nana
tey could care less about the WG

OP_overlord
March 11, 2007, 12:38 AM
well they dont like it for one and they want power and teh WG is standing in their way so i would say they do not like them much but they hate each other more

mugen
March 11, 2007, 02:40 PM
well they dont like it for one and they want power and teh WG is standing in their way so i would say they do not like them much but they hate each other more

really, If so how come the revolutionaries are the only one who start war on them, besides the Mugiwaras, anyways the feud between kaizoku and marines is one-sided :rofl if you look at it :p

OP_overlord
March 11, 2007, 09:10 PM
they just dont like the Wg but they hate the other yonkou more cause they are trying for the same goal as the other while the WG is just anoyying but cant really do anything cause they have so much power

mugen
March 11, 2007, 09:13 PM
they just dont like the Wg but they hate the other yonkou more cause they are trying for the same goal as the other while the WG is just anoyying but cant really do anything cause they have so much power

the revolutionaries hate Pirates? :blink
uum...no :oh
and all pirates want is to get One Piece they're not trying to start something against the WG, name me once they have started something against them

OP_overlord
March 15, 2007, 09:53 PM
well don falamingo is trying to stat some sruff as well as luffy and that above statement was made regarding the yonkou not the Rev. they are flat out against the WG (can we agree on that)

Anti-panda
March 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
It is kind of weird that the world govt isn't totally against the pirates thou.... I mean they seem intent on balacing the powers of the world .. Pirates ... I mean technically you'd expect them to want to wipe out the unsavory lot.
I don't like the world govt. It is way to shady ... I bet they shot jfk.

OP_overlord
March 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
even tho ppl say the three great powers are the yonkou's, schibukia, and WG i think it is different

the pirates (yonkou and everyone else under teh pirate king)
the rev.
and the WG (marines, and shichbukia )

and they are all even and waiting for someone to lose power so that they have teh advantage but as of now they have all lost the same amount of power basical

the pirates are lossing teh title of worlds strongest man and Wb a two strong nakama
the revs are always losing to teh Wg but they fight and that is why they have power
and the WG lost the CP9 and eneis lobby so they are kinda even in my mind

infyquest
March 19, 2007, 11:35 PM
Perhaps shichibukai will lose power, thus rendering WG powerless.
And then challenge the yonkou(4 emperors) to become the pirate king.

OP_overlord
March 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
the shcihibukai play a major role in the Wg power with out them they becmoe half as strong and if they fully combined into one group they would getting twice as strong

sushi
March 27, 2007, 11:02 AM
the shichibukai have their own stages of power same with the yonkou and WG [ meaning that to lose power is fifficult > everybody is growing stronger not just the pirates but also others] this way the pirate era is well stabilise. if the rev. are included than maybe the stability may fall but rev are with the yonkou while shichibukai's are with the WG. 2 by 2 so stability still be okay.

the WG are also powerful with their so called ______ [forgot what it is actually > the most powerful in WG ]

if the rev. joined the yonkou they also can be twice as strong the same like the WG and shichibukai. nontheless the great powers still is powerful even though I don't quite like the WG.

Phenomenol
May 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
The three "Great Powers" are equal, hence the reasons for "Three Great powers."

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 02:02 PM
well.. the three great powers is a bit dumb in its name i think, coz its actually only two powers, considering that one power is working for the other..

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
The MHQ don't work for the Shichibukai, and vice versa. It's not like the Shichibukai ARE the WG, the WG just controls them both.

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 02:12 PM
the shichibukai does work for the WG. They're given the authorization of the wg to attack other pirates, and give some of their treasures to the WG as well..

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, the WG controls the Shichibukai, but they Shichibukai isn't the WG itself. That would be something like the CP9.

Phenomenol
May 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
The World Government hasn't shown any type of control over the Shichibukai, hence the reasons why no Shichibukai came to the meeting when they were summoned. The three members that did show up was for other reasons.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
But the WG still hold control over them, and they do have to give 1/10 of their loot to the WG.

Koen
May 28, 2007, 02:40 PM
hey I have a question: in those chapters after cp9 arc, there was a tattood guy who was quite interested in luffy when they all knew about the new bounties...

who is that guy? and what is he up to?

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
That was Dragon, revealed to be Luffy's father and the leader of the Revolutionaries.

Koen
May 28, 2007, 02:56 PM
That was Dragon, revealed to be Luffy's father and the leader of the Revolutionaries.

Damned so many stories I forget sometimes big issues: and those revolutionaries are they with some of the three great powers, or do they act alone trying to reach a different goal from the other three

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 03:11 PM
The Revolutionaries are too mysterious to be a great power. They're just trying to destroy the WG.

Absolutio
May 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
the yonkou and shichibukai are mysterious too (for us). the revolutionaries are out of the three great powers equations. they are an outside force that tries to destroy the wg.

Impel Down
May 28, 2007, 07:41 PM
They aren't that mysterious. We know lots about the Shichibukai, and some about the Yonkou, but we really don't know $h!t about the Revolution.

Phenomenol
May 28, 2007, 09:33 PM
The Three Great powers hold a balance and that means the powers are equal.

OP_overlord
May 28, 2007, 10:58 PM
koenosaki- i think that the Rev's are part of the balencing powers and thus there are four great powers
bring on the complaints with my thinking

Phenomenol
May 28, 2007, 11:28 PM
Well we know that Red-Haired Shanks (Emperor) was a rival to "Hawkeye's" Mihawk (Shichibukai), Blackbeard (soon to be Shichibukai) injured Red-Haired Shanks face and we just found out recently that Gekko Moria fought and lost to "Kaidou (Supposedly an Emperor)" because Moria claims that he did NOT have Oz!!!

It seems that some Emperors and Shichibukai are aquainted with each other, thus this is where we see the balance fall in place with all three powers.

Impel Down
May 29, 2007, 09:14 AM
Well, we don't know if Moria had any of his zombies when he fought Kaidoh. He could have just fought him as his regular self. BTW, I think Kaidoh is the skinnier of the two unknown Yonkou.

Anti-panda
May 29, 2007, 05:20 PM
The reason the WG considers the revolutionaries such a huge threat is because they seek to destroy the current 3 power balance .. and in doing soo destroy the WG.
I think Dragon saw luffy's potential and his future ablity and that is why he was soo pleased that luffy was going to become a pirate.

mugen
May 29, 2007, 05:33 PM
actually I think Dragon was just happy to see his on rebel against the WG
and seems like the balance will be once again disrupted if Moria gets beat
meaning perhaps another Shanks appearance :jbya

Anti-panda
May 29, 2007, 11:10 PM
ohh I think after this manga arc we can expect some tiding up with the whole ... whitebeard and shanks situation. Maybe even some of the BB and ace situation if we're lucky.

The incident BB created by battling ace... I'm interested to see what that is..
I bet it's either

1. a war among the yonkou.. shanks vs whitebeard.

2. or even more likely a war between the world govt. and whitebeard.

mugen
May 29, 2007, 11:27 PM
it will be so much cooler if Shanks just ends Whitebeards era :kukuku
meaning Ace is gonna lead his own crew :noworry
but then gain...
I wonder even if Ace were to beat BB...
doesn't he still have to deal with the other BB pirates?

Koen
May 30, 2007, 12:53 AM
The reason the WG considers the revolutionaries such a huge threat is because they seek to destroy the current 3 power balance .. and in doing soo destroy the WG.
I think Dragon saw luffy's potential and his future ablity and that is why he was soo pleased that luffy was going to become a pirate.

Is there anything mentioned of the yonkou and their position towards the revs?

Anti-panda
May 30, 2007, 12:46 PM
I don't know about the rev's and the yonkou .. however since the rev's main goal seems to be to overthrow the world govt and pirates obviously have no love for the Govt. I don't see where there'd be a problem.
Unless the revolutionaries do something that directly effects the yonkou .. I don't think they care. The yonkou aren't govt appointed or designated they are simply the 4 strongest pirate crews .. that pretty much run the new world. So they exsist with or without the world govt.

OP_overlord
May 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
what chapter does this kaidoh show up in causei cant find him and i forgot what GM said about him

mugen
May 30, 2007, 10:52 PM
he is chapter 456
and he defeated Moria in the New World

Impel Down
June 01, 2007, 03:26 PM
Or at least just stopped him. So, could there still be a chance that Kaidou is the 7th Shichibukai? I mean, if Moria and Croc wanted to be the Kaizagou-Ou, then couldn't other Shichibukai too?

Absolutio
June 01, 2007, 07:38 PM
Are the shichibukai allowed to fight amongst themselves? I doubt that.. and it also seems kinda pointless..

mugen
June 01, 2007, 08:41 PM
Are the shichibukai allowed to fight amongst themselves? I doubt that.. and it also seems kinda pointless..
yeah the Don Flamingo said that as well
and really I doubt the Shichibukai would fight each other..
that would only lead them to be kicked out ....

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well, if they're both trying to reach One Piece, then at some point they'd have to fight, right? But, with what you said about Donny F, I guess he doesn't want to be the Kaizagou-Ou.

mugen
June 02, 2007, 11:00 AM
that's Right Don Flamingo is like Bellamy
they laugh at that :noworry
Don Flamingo is preparing for the New Age :kukuku

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 11:12 AM
So, does the New Age not involve a Kaizagou-Ou, then? I'm actually starting to wonder what the New Age is supposed to be. Maybe it's just purely no order and all chaos.

Anti-panda
June 02, 2007, 12:42 PM
The current age is often refered to as the age of dreams. The new age that don flamingo don quixote talks about hasn't really been defined yet ... I bet that'll come into play once Don flamingo becomes a central villain.

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, there's really no MAIN villian in OP yet. Just a main evil orginization with small sub evil orginizations filled with main villians.

mugen
June 02, 2007, 01:55 PM
thats cuz everyone i striving for power.. :kukuku
marines and pirates...
and even some other groups ....
thus come to play the three great powers ;)

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 01:57 PM
The Marines aren't striving for power, they're trying to make sure no one has any power. And do the Shichibukai work with the Navy, I wonder?

mugen
June 02, 2007, 02:00 PM
well they don't attack the navy and help them somewhat .
btw Don Flamingo liberates Islands...is it possible he works for Dragon? :blink

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 02:20 PM
I think they mean Liberate as in "George Bush liberated Iraq". What it seems to me is just Bellamy and his types of crews controlling islands and making them ready for the New Age.

mugen
June 02, 2007, 02:33 PM
oh...well that might be true...or who knows anyways ...we have yet to see the power of one of them....
i want to see one of them at full power..
btw who is gonna be Croc's replacement...
it won't be Blackbeard..
I know it won't :noworry

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 02:41 PM
I don't care if it is Blackbeard, I just want to see more candidates. Possibly Luffy?...

mugen
June 02, 2007, 02:44 PM
I don't like Blackeard.. he is too old and not cool
anyways yeah more candidates...
and it's ironic that Luffy does have an animal theme perhaps some foreshadowing....

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 02:50 PM
Eh, well so does Dragon and Garp. But just because BB is kinda old doesn't make him a bad candidate. I mean, it's not like the other Shichibukai are spring chickens themselves.

mugen
June 02, 2007, 02:53 PM
but if BB were to be one he would be the oldest one :noworry
and besides how could garp be one... wtf
he's a marine and Dragon becoming one :rofl

Anti-panda
June 02, 2007, 03:09 PM
Black beard maynot be much older than shanks. in fact he may even be younger, or older... who knows. It's not important thou.. he's strong .. and that is all that matters.
Beside Age isn't a issue ... hygiene is a issue... he's obviously not a big bather ... and his dental work is a mess! I'm all for pirates being rough around the edges.. but damn ... take a freaking shower.
Anyway ... Blackbeard is younger than whitebeard and thus ... a viable candidate for any position in OP as far as i'm concerned.
What gets me is you have shinchibukai who are trying to become Pirate king..... If you sold out your soul as a pirate and agree'd on any level to become a government dog... you don't have what it takes to become pirate king. Nuff said!!

mugen
June 02, 2007, 03:14 PM
yeah so...someone explain to me ...why they have yet to find a replacement...shichibukai doe mean seven seas...right and currently there are only 6..
so isn't the balance off still?

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, the balance is still screwed, especially since EL is gone now too.

mugen
June 02, 2007, 04:19 PM
so uumm...
is it possible that Shanks or some one else or just old age might end Whitebeard's time?
I mean he seems the closest one to die...kinda very foreshadowed....

Impel Down
June 02, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well, someone will probably kill WB, sure. A huge Yonkou like him has to go down at the series's climax to show that finding One Piece isn't bullshit.

Phenomenol
June 03, 2007, 04:54 PM
it will be so much cooler if Shanks just ends Whitebeards era :kukuku
meaning Ace is gonna lead his own crew :noworry
but then gain...
I wonder even if Ace were to beat BB...
doesn't he still have to deal with the other BB pirates?

LOL! Slow your roll........

Whitebeard is the "most powerful pirate in the world," he ain't going to die without Oda dispalying/showing why he is the strongest. For all we know Shanks may be an example of why whitebeard is the most powerful.:D

BTW, if whitebeard goes down Marco would lead his crew.

mugen
June 03, 2007, 07:17 PM
yeah but why would they still be named the whitebeards ...
and it would only be cool for former apprentice to defeat his captains enemy ::wtf

OP_overlord
June 03, 2007, 10:12 PM
i dont know the WB crew might stick together or they would just seperate and each division captin would comand the division that they have right now

Anti-panda
June 03, 2007, 11:52 PM
Luffy quickly is becoming a great threat to the world govt. and it's power and balance of powers... if he keeps it up .. his bounty will skyrocket... taking down a shinchibukai and enis lobby then ... well if he takes down 1 or more shinchibukai or a vice admiral .. well he'll get a huge increase as he shows himself as more of a threat to the status quo.

Impel Down
June 04, 2007, 09:04 AM
well, a vice-admiral at his level is no big deal. But, with the way he keeps screwing up the Powers, would his bounty change if he takes down a Yonkou? That would show how powerful he is, and it would kinda mess up the power balance, even if it may help the WG.

Anti-panda
June 05, 2007, 02:40 AM
well, a vice-admiral at his level is no big deal. But, with the way he keeps screwing up the Powers, would his bounty change if he takes down a Yonkou? That would show how powerful he is, and it would kinda mess up the power balance, even if it may help the WG.

I don't think that luffys at the lvl where he could take down a Yonkou .. Yet...!

But I do think the WG wouldn't like the fact that he took down a yonkou.. they seem content with the balance and the way things are. Taking down a yonkou would disrupt the delicate balance that keeps the New world fuctioning and stable...
So basically any diruption in the balance much like throwing a pebble into a pond .. the ripples and effect disrupt the entire surface.
You know why it doesn't matter if you throw a pebble into the sea...? Because it's already churning and in turmoil .. so it doesn't matter since it's not at peace in the first place.

Profound huh??
Maybe I should get a job as a motivational speaker....
Nah .. I'm to demented I'd abuse my power too much.. and then well... when that happens you stop being a motivational speaker and start being a cult leader.

Remember kids Don't drink the koolaid! :)

OP_overlord
June 05, 2007, 05:01 PM
but .... but i love the KOOLAID (and the glass bast*rd that advertises it - Dane Cook)

and that was very profound but the WG would love luufy to take down a yonkou it would set the equation equal again

the World Gov lost enis lobby and the CP9
there is one less shichibukai
but the yonkou are still unchanged by the power struggle (except the whole ace - BB thing)

so luffy needs to beat an emporor to make the three great powers equal in fighting power again cause like i said the yonkou copuld rock the WG and shichibukia if they joined together (highly unlikely)

it is also highly unlikely that luffy could beat a yonkou even the weakest one he cant even take his grampa and most of the other vice-admirals as show by aokiji rocking him so easily

weixiaobao
June 05, 2007, 11:36 PM
i dunno if this had already mention but beside WB and redhair... the other two yonkou may fight against each others for territory.. they could have competition against WB and red hair too

an all out battle between them could tip the balance again

Impel Down
June 06, 2007, 07:26 AM
A complete Yonkou fight could be odd. It would just be like a Buster Call in one little area, with all the ships just firing like crazy and WB, Kaidoh, and Shanks hammering each other for hours.

weixiaobao
June 07, 2007, 08:51 AM
Kaidoh???? Between the yonkou themselves there are ambition of being better than the others, thrive to be the Pirate King. so maybe their common enemy is the WG right now but one day, they would kill each others if have to...

Impel Down
June 07, 2007, 04:51 PM
Gold Roger and Whitebeard fought each other, apparently, so it's obvious that the Yonkou can fight amonst themselves too. Sure, the MHQ and the WG are their enemies, but that doesn't make them automatically allies either.

IgnorantSage
June 14, 2007, 04:00 AM
Question: How important are the Shichibukai? As far as I have seen so far, they aren't really that useful. Sure, they can be used to scare off small-time pirates but they have not actually proven anything yet. The admirals and probably most of the vice-admirals are more powerful than them.

Also, seeing as these Shichibukai are not trustworthy, it would seem to be a bad idea to harbor them. We have already seen three (four if you consider Blackbeard) who have different plans than those of the WG - Crocodile, GM, and Doflamingo. So why does the government still approve of them. I'm pretty sure if things get rough between the three world powers, the Shichibukai ain't gonna stand by the WG's side, rather they would act for themselves.

weixiaobao
June 14, 2007, 09:42 AM
Question: How important are the Shichibukai? As far as I have seen so far, they aren't really that useful. Sure, they can be used to scare off small-time pirates but they have not actually proven anything yet. The admirals and probably most of the vice-admirals are more powerful than them.

i am not so sure about most of vice admirals... and rankings like bounties sometimes do not reflect on strength... Crocodile a Logia fruit user that changed the weathers, while Mihawk who could slashed down an entire fleets of Don Krieg, and Gecko who grathering shadows of the strongest... They are not at all weak...

Also, seeing as these Shichibukai are not trustworthy, it would seem to be a bad idea to harbor them. We have already seen three (four if you consider Blackbeard) who have different plans than those of the WG - Crocodile, GM, and Doflamingo. So why does the government still approve of them. I'm pretty sure if things get rough between the three world powers, the Shichibukai ain't gonna stand by the WG's side, rather they would act for themselves.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.. besides if WG outright declare war on them it would give itself (WG) more trouble...

*the above are no more than just hypothesis... and all could be not true... all depend on Oda*

Impel Down
June 14, 2007, 12:08 PM
How is Doflamingo's plan different from the WG's? Don't they let Shichibukai attack countries and pirates, as long as they give 10% of their loot to the WG? And it's not like the WG knew/know what Crocodile and Moria are up to. I mean, when they found out that Crocodile was trying to take over the world, they arrested him and kicked him out of the Shichibukai, right?

hollowfied
November 08, 2007, 06:53 AM
So I still don't really understand how the 3 powers balance each other.

We know that the Shichibukai members are all powerful, and the Yonkou are the 4 strongest pirates in the entire world. However, we don't know how many powerful marines there are, or what other forces the World Government have up their sleeves (like the CP9).

Also, the power of each Shichibukai member seems to vary greatly. I mean, Crocodile..seriously he wasn't really very powerful. He was powerful in the sense that he was perhaps in the top 5 percent of the total pirate population in terms of power..but there are ALOT of pirates and ALOT of guys. I don't understand the criteria for choosing the Shichibukai.

Another problem is whether or not the Shichibukai are under the World Government. If they are, then it'd be the two powers balancing each other out..the Shichibukai and Marines balancing the Yonkou.

And we don't know how long this system has been in place. Is Shanks/Whitebeard the original Yonkou? And is Crocodile/Doflamingo/Mihawk the original Shichibukai?

This system doesn't take into account the Revolutionaries either, or powerful pirates who aren't Yonkou or Shichibukai. Or powerful people who aren't pirates..like bounty hunters or mercenaries?

Also, about each kingdom who is a member of the World Government. How much power does each king / prime minister actually have? We havn't actually seen any national army except for Arabasta's.

So yeah..Oda has a lot to explain :D So looking forward to the answers ^_^
<3 One Piece

noonethere
November 08, 2007, 08:55 AM
Maybe this system has been installed when Gold D. Roger was defeated. He could have been captured by Marines allied with some pirates(original shichibukai) after another fight with WB(yonkou) ending with a draw.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/105/08/
Near the end of grand line, you will see that the 7 paths converges to form only 4 paths. Maybe each yonkou have control on one path and prevent other pirates from going any further.(in this way unwillingly helping the WG to control pirates which is the main purpose of marine and shichibukai). If a new pirate defeats a yonkou, the pirate takes over the defeated yonkou territory and is given the title of yonkou.

hollowfied
November 08, 2007, 09:02 AM
Oh.

And the seven routes at the beginning probably the Shichibukai?

Maybe Luffy has already crossed from one route to another..thats why hes facing his 2nd shichibukai.

noonethere
November 08, 2007, 09:18 AM
It may be so but i also think that shichibukai crossed the routes instead of luffy crossing the routes.(remember luffy kept following the log).I think Moria is on his destined route while crocodile left his route. Also shichibukai have other duties(liberalisation of islands mentioned by Don flamingo) which may cause them to change paths.

This can also be caused by shichibukai having certain preference for a specific zone. Mihawk might take care of the routes near the new world while moria controls the bermuda triangle(sorry i forgot the name), crocodile monitors the region at the beginning of the grand line,the zone near Impel down is left to the marines and Jimbei being a fishman can control merman and fishman zone(there may be more guards there since it is a strategic place to capture all pirates going to the new world).