PDA

View Full Version : Character Most under rated character in Bleach

Hystzen
May 24, 2010, 05:37 PM
this aint a thread for worshipping characters like shunsui, yamma or aizen this is a thread to see who people think are a wrecking ball but are very over looked.

pick a character then explain why you think they under rated facts are welcome maybe not arguements :p.

my under rated character

Yumichika Ayasegawa

he might be a vain pretty boy with hints of gay but he is one dangerous mofo..his shikai is prob the most varied in attack and defence and not to be under estimated.

his zan- Ruri'iro Kujaku is good:
1. drains reistu and releases it back
2. the petals can be eaten to restore strength

and as he is best buds with ikkaku i acutally beleive he as got a bankai i doubt kubo would let ikkaku hide a bankai and not yumichika ;).

his fights he has won quite comfortable ( not including that plot rubbish with ganju).

hisagi he beat sound and his battle with Charlotte Cuuhlhourne he again beat quite easy.

why i think he could be very dangerous

Xerneas
May 24, 2010, 05:47 PM
Yoruichi. Crazy part is that I'm only semi-joking about that. -_-;

Seriously though, Momo. She's really quite capable for a VC, and if it wasn't for her frail mental state, she could even be Captain material in the future. She has a good Zanpakutou and is very good at Kidou (I suspect Aizen had a lot to do with this). Totally put Rangiku to shame against the Halibabes. Unfortunately, most people just focus on her personality and think she should die.

Hystzen
May 24, 2010, 06:11 PM

Seriously though, Momo. She's really quite capable for a VC, and if it wasn't for her frail mental state, she could even be Captain material in the future. She has a good Zanpakutou and is very good at Kidou (I suspect Aizen had a lot to do with this). Totally put Rangiku to shame against the Halibabes. Unfortunately, most people just focus on her personality and think she should die.

momo didnt expect that
...i dunno bout momo i think it is her personality why not keen on her but i just dont see why she is VC really at the moment IMO. not seen any pure skill like the others apart from the useless VCs omedea and Iba...she has kidou yea i agree but didnt she say to harribels faccion she aint good enough and has to sneak kidou attack them something on that line..
the main prob is yea i think now it is her personality she still doesnt understand aizen is evil hell he stabbed her but still doesnt hate him i bet after this arc she still thinks it all gins fault :tem.

Exodi
May 24, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm going to agree with Arceus. Hinamori is definitely underrated, probably because she spent the better part of the story either recuperating or crying. Poor thing.

wiwaneko
May 24, 2010, 08:05 PM
I agree with the above posters on Hinamori, but I also think Tatsuki is a bit underrated as a character. She has a lot of potential and personality, but she doesn't get much show time. :( I think she could be a great character if she was more involved in the story.

Yans86
May 24, 2010, 08:10 PM
If Tatsuki was the protagonist the story would have gained a lot.A strong willed heroine :-D I can even picture her while exchanging punches with her inner hollow lol
HTatsuki:I won't lend u my power
Tatsuki:do u think u have what it takes to beat me down??u fool..
SBANG BANG,BOOM
Tatsuki easy wins after smashing his hollow around...
Poor Ichigo,he really has to learn from his best friend!

Anyway I agree with u guys,Hinamori is seriously underrated.

Eddy01741
May 24, 2010, 09:48 PM
Meh, last year I woulda said Komamura since all that's happened to him is he started fighting with Kenpachi (but nobody was injured) and got his ass kicked by Aizen (like everybody did) with black coffin. But he's been a disappointment lately, so sadly (since I like Komamura's character), he's been unimpressive.

As for right now who I would say is most underrated, I would say perhaps Tessai. According to your definition: "a wrecking ball but are very over looked. " I would say that could be Tessai. When people mention help coming to FKT from real karakura town, I always hear these three first: Isshin, Yoruichi, Urahara. After that I hear Ryuken since he is Isshin's quincy counterpart. I never hear of Tessai though. Seems as if people forget that he used to be the kidou corps Captain.

I emphasize the because there is only one kidou corps, unlike the 13 squads of the gotei 13. Which suggests that Tessai could have been the best kidou user at the time of TBTP arc in all of SS saving perhaps only zero squad who we know nothing about. Plus, the man is mysterious, when he is called to meeting by Yama-jii, everybody is surprised by kidou corps involvement. Also, he was able to detect that Urahara was sneaking out even when he had the reiatsu hiding cloak on. Lastly he's shown some pretty top notch kidou with hadou 88 (aka, kamekameha of Bleach) and a special bakudou 99 (albeit with incantation, but he had time since the process of hollowification was not instantaneous). Not to mention his two forbidden abililties, to stop the passage of time in a certain area as well as to teleport an entire area to another location.

So yeah, I think he could definitely see Tessai being a wrecking ball, but nobody ever mentions him. Before Urahara and co. showed up to FKT (which if I may mention, we have yet to see Tessai show up), everybody was talking about Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, and Ryuken showing up to help the SS and Vizards fight Aizen, they always leave out Tessai it seems. That's why I think he is the most underrated.

El Samurai Guapo
May 24, 2010, 11:09 PM
Meh, last year I woulda said Komamura since all that's happened to him is he started fighting with Kenpachi (but nobody was injured) and got his ass kicked by Aizen (like everybody did) with black coffin. But he's been a disappointment lately, so sadly (since I like Komamura's character), he's been unimpressive.

How has Sajin been unimpressive lately? It's not like he lost to any opponent who isn't ridiculously hax. Kaname's hollow form was overpowered, and Aizen still is too. So I would still say that Sajin is underrated. It's too bad he didn't recieve an espada opponent like some of the other captains, because I think he would have crushed them.

Kaiten
May 25, 2010, 12:20 AM
Rukia. She gets no love from MH or Kubo. She was the main character once upon a time only to be imprisoned and reintroduced as supporting cast. I love her shikai, the character, the attitude. Hopefully she gets more screen time next arc. And if there is a just and loving manga god she will stay non-hax :p

Random101
May 25, 2010, 12:27 AM
Rukia at least took down an espada. Chad and Ishida on the other hand get zero love of late. Chad especially.

Kaiten
May 25, 2010, 12:59 AM
Chad, Ishida, and Renji are perfectly rated. They are designated fodder. I doubt anyone will argue :p

Ishida did have a great fight years and years ago so I guess I'm underrating him myself.

freshseth83
May 25, 2010, 02:38 AM
Yachiru, to stand around in the super pressure of Kenpachi Zaraki all day and during his fights, speaks volumes. Plus the fact that she's strong enough to carry him around. We haven't seen much of her fighting, but she's probably strong as all hell, considering she's his Vice Captain. That's nuts.

poobert
May 25, 2010, 05:27 AM
Chad.

He is so much stronger than he used to be. After he evolved, he beat a privion in one punch. He had an easier time of it than both Ichi and Ishida. Then, he met Nnoi, and didn't do a great deal, but after Ichigo couldn't pierce him and we saw the trouble ken went through, I think his defeat wasn't that bad. Then he got partially beaten by Yammi. Another unfortunate battle.

He is like Koma. He gets one easy battle that he breezes through,and then kubo splatters him with matches he obviously will not win. Why did Koma get showcased against a damn fraccion? Then straight to Tousen who was so powerful that he needed a cheap shot to the head to kill.

He did this before in SS too. He gave Koma a 2 second match against ken where they don't even cross swords, and then he runs in to Aizen..... And look, the same happened to Chad. He had so many easy battles and was no where near exerted, and then he runs in to Shunsui.

Kaiten
May 25, 2010, 12:28 PM
Yachiru, to stand around in the super pressure of Kenpachi Zaraki all day and during his fights, speaks volumes. Plus the fact that she's strong enough to carry him around. We haven't seen much of her fighting, but she's probably strong as all hell, considering she's his Vice Captain. That's nuts.

I forgot about Yachiru. If she were the strongest VC I would not be surprised. She scared the crap out of that messenger who came to tell Kenny that Aizen was killed. One look at her pissed off aura had the poor guy shaking.

Cyven
May 25, 2010, 03:17 PM
I think Yachiru will forever be stuck in the same role as Unohana: everyone acknowledges she's strong, but we'll never get to see her in action.

freshseth83
May 25, 2010, 04:22 PM
Perhaps not, but maybe one day we will. Kenpachi Zaraki was a name given by her. Not the Kenpachi part, but Zaraki. She's the only person he's ever felt for or cared about. She's always around him also. I think she has more potential than a lot of other characters. VC's, Captains and all. Unohana I do think will show her fighting prowess soon. Kubo at least said he wants to showcase her, and plans to have her involved in a fight. So maybe we'll see that soon.

Takahashi
June 15, 2010, 04:11 PM
The K man!

Poor Komamura hasn't won a real fight yet, but his Bankai is ridiculously powerful, not to mention he only actually lost to AIZEN and Tousen's resurrection.

Hystzen
June 15, 2010, 04:12 PM
i love Koma he fought Aizen with a hole in his stomach and tanked Aizens black coffin in the SS.

Koma has always been a fave of mine i like how he talks n interacts with people...if tousen didnt have hollow form he would have beat tousen

ryanzokuken
June 15, 2010, 05:56 PM
How has Sajin been unimpressive lately? It's not like he lost to any opponent who isn't ridiculously hax. Kaname's hollow form was overpowered, and still is too. So I would still say that Sajin is underrated. It's too bad he didn't recieve an espada opponent like some of the other captains, because I think he would have crushed them.

right? i'd still vote Komamura for highly underrated. he just keeps having the bad luck of getting ridiculous opponents. hollow Tousen and Aizen? is there really a ton of shame in getting defeated by them when fighting a head-on fight?

Hystzen
June 15, 2010, 06:06 PM
some people have mention nano in the battle forum and i wonder what nanao would be like we seen nothing from her most we see is shunsuis advances n her crying coz yamma crippled her with his reistu and that is it we not even seen her with a zan unless her book is her shikai :blink

ryanzokuken
June 16, 2010, 01:11 PM
i have to add Soi Fon.

my mind is constantly blown by how little credit she is given by posters on these forums. i feel that she has shown herself to be a very capable captain, and had her espada opponent been anybody besides Barragan, it would have been over much more quickly.

Random101
June 16, 2010, 01:29 PM
Save for the fact that espada have hierro, which more often than not makes shikai among the captains useless. Well unless they're powerhouses anyway. Unless their name is Ichigo, in which case half the time his bankai barely scrapes by.

Oh she's good no doubt, but her shikai's weakness is it's lack of offensive power and susceptibility to any decent kind of defense. Made up for completely by killing potential though, as it makes her one of the few who destroys Kenpachi the instant the battle starts.

Eddy01741
June 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
Well, look at what happened with Aizen. Aizen didn't have any hierro to block a shikai from drawing blood, he just had overwhelming reiatsu so it stopped a shikai. It's really not that uncommon. Aizen stopped Komamura's shikai similarly with just his hand, and Ichigo's bankai with his finger.

I could easily see Kenpachi's reiatsu being so strong that Soi Fon would not even be able to pierce his skin (just like Ichigo wasn't able to with his shikai at first).

kkck
June 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
I don't think soifon;s shikai would be stopped by hierro alone but in general her overall stile would cause her trouble against a strong arrancar. Yoruichi ended up hurt by hitting yami, imagine what would happen to her if she fights someone with a better hierro. Same thing would happen to soifon, the second the kicks someone she gets a broken leg.

Random101
June 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
I could easily see Kenpachi's reiatsu being so strong that Soi Fon would not even be able to pierce his skin (just like Ichigo wasn't able to with his shikai at first).
Aizen's a completely different story, in case this entire arc didn't ram it into our heads enough. However if you are captain level or thereabouts, you can cut Kenpachi. Maybe not well, like the earlier half of the battle when Ichigo barely got scratches, but as long as she pierces that's all she needs.

Eddy01741
June 18, 2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe not without bankai.

Plus, Aizen never said that he wasn't cut by Soi Fon's shikai, just that his reiatsu was enough to overwhelm the ability itself (the 1hko after butterfly).

I could see Kenpachi being like that.

Think about it, if Soi Fon could eliminate 90% of the captains with her shikai, then 90% of captains don't deserve to be captains.

ryanzokuken
June 18, 2010, 10:56 PM
Maybe not without bankai.

Plus, Aizen never said that he wasn't cut by Soi Fon's shikai, just that his reiatsu was enough to overwhelm the ability itself (the 1hko after butterfly).

I could see Kenpachi being like that.

Think about it, if Soi Fon could eliminate 90% of the captains with her shikai, then 90% of captains don't deserve to be captains.

well, the butterfly didn't even appear on Aizen from the first strike. if that's what happens when somebody is powerful enough to suppress the ability, then we know Yoruichi wasn't able to do that, because the butterflies were popping up all over her. and she's a beast. so i doubt most of the captains have the same ability to suppress it as Aizen did. you'd basically have to have way, way higher reiatsu, like Aizen compared to Soi Fon.

Kenpachi might be able to do it, but his reiatsu is all over the place and not very tempered/controlled. he's got a ton of it, but i don't know that he'd even know how to force her technique into submission.

Random101
June 18, 2010, 11:24 PM
Keep in mind the viability of her Bankai. Unless the opponent is unnaturally slow and large or just decides to take it, ala Barragon, it's virtually useless. Unlike most captains, her shikai needs to be her core style, considering she has at most two shots from her bankai, three MAYBE if she means to deplete herself.

And considering the number of the captains with virtually worthless shikais, Gin, Byakuya, Koma, etc... it's mainly that and her fighting style that keep her as good as she is. Add that to just because she's among the fastest doesn't mean they can't react to her to divert a second hit in most cases and yeah. She's good sure, but her abilities and style have a number of flaws that count against her in specialized circumstances.

She's basically like Kenpachi in that she has one thing that keeps her from being utterly useless in most scenarios. In her case the utter brokenness of her shikai, whereas Kenpachi has all out sheer raw power, albiet uncontrolled raw power to compensate for his failings. It just happens that it also makes Soifon a supremely bad matchup for him because of his particular style. Like Soifon would be a bad match to say Nnoitra because no way is her shikai piercing his heirro. The old Power>Defense>Speed>Power loop.

Truefan21
June 19, 2010, 01:16 AM
orihime her powers are godly, but just because she is a pacifist she gets little credit.

Eddy01741
June 19, 2010, 07:46 PM
Keep in mind the viability of her Bankai. Unless the opponent is unnaturally slow and large or just decides to take it, ala Barragon, it's virtually useless. Unlike most captains, her shikai needs to be her core style, considering she has at most two shots from her bankai, three MAYBE if she means to deplete herself.

And considering the number of the captains with virtually worthless shikais, Gin, Byakuya, Koma, etc... it's mainly that and her fighting style that keep her as good as she is. Add that to just because she's among the fastest doesn't mean they can't react to her to divert a second hit in most cases and yeah. She's good sure, but her abilities and style have a number of flaws that count against her in specialized circumstances.

She's basically like Kenpachi in that she has one thing that keeps her from being utterly useless in most scenarios. In her case the utter brokenness of her shikai, whereas Kenpachi has all out sheer raw power, albiet uncontrolled raw power to compensate for his failings. It just happens that it also makes Soifon a supremely bad matchup for him because of his particular style. Like Soifon would be a bad match to say Nnoitra because no way is her shikai piercing his heirro. The old Power>Defense>Speed>Power loop.
Yeah, I agree with you on pretty much all counts. She's a venerable captain, I can't see her shikai being a 100% 2hko on Kenpachi though, Kenpachi w/o eyepatch could just be enough of a reiatsu monster.

ryanzokuken
June 19, 2010, 11:07 PM
wait a minute, wait a minute.

when Shinji asked Aizen when he started using his illusions, and he said "since when were you under the impression that i wasn't using them?", we got flashback panels of when Hitsu first charged and clashed swords with Aizen, giving us readers the impression that he began using KS then or had been since that point.

if this is the case, then it is more than likely that Soi Fon wasn't even speaking to or attacking Aizen himself, but an illusion.

that would mean that her shikai ability was not actually overpowered/suppressed by Aizen and his reiatsu. that would also explain the lack of a butterfly on the first strike.

so now we're back to a point at which we are fully unsure of whether or not her shikai ability can be suppressed at all, because we've never seen it done.

not that i doubt that Aizen really could do that, but whatever. if it never happened, then we can assume, just like we would have before that chapter ever even came out, that it's two strikes and you're dead, no exceptions.

Revolation
June 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
Heh. this is great because you guys are all overlooking one thing, and thats Nemu.

Thats right i said it. Nemu. Created by Mayuri. This Mayuri we are talking about. His own personal greatest creation. I don't think Mayuri would settle for a flawed design. If Nemu actually gets serious I'm sure she will be the strongest VC along with Yachiru.

Seeing as ururu isn't even a shinigami and she owned the fraccion, i'm sure nemu could curbstomp a lot of the shinigami.

MissElementality
July 05, 2010, 09:48 PM

Oh boy,seriously im fed up with this Yoruichi bashing.

Anyway,i think amagai is quite a bit underrated.Probably one of the more shocking of the characters, given that he's the only anime-exclusive character here. I initially had concerns about Amagai, as I (among many other people no doubt) thought that making an anime-exclusive character a captain was a step too radical for the anime, and that he was either destined to die or step down as captain. But I have to say, Amagai grew on me as his story arc progressed. He has proven that he has great leadership skills, as well as being an effective strategist, in addition to being a powerful combatant. While it was a shocker to everyone that he was the true mastermind in the Amagai arc, we learn that he, too, was a victim. Additionally, in the end he has shown that he regrets what he did and that he really did enjoy his time serving as captain. To this day, Amagai is still my favorite anime-exclusive character.

Arrogance
July 06, 2010, 12:23 AM
Man this looks like quite a controversial thread to stir up arguments heated discussions between people :XD. For me, my underrated character would have to be Yachiru. She can't just be huggably lovably cute all the time. Yes she shows that Kenpachi can have a soft side that he's caring for a kid all the time, but at the same time I doubt that he just forced people to let her be a Vice Captain just because she has history. Besides her being cute I also get a sense of creepiness from her in that she takes joy in the bloodshed Kenpachi unleashes. I'm hoping that some day Kubo lets us actually see what she can do and makes her more than just a cute looking character and a strong fighter. I want us to see why she truly is a VC other than just being there on Ken-chan's shoulders just for show.

Cyber34
July 06, 2010, 11:41 AM
Kira is to me, it does get annoying watching him piss his pants whenever he looks at Aizen or Gin but when a battle starts he is impressive. The way he baited and executed Barragan's fraccion was beautiful.

conn-man
July 06, 2010, 02:29 PM
Heh. this is great because you guys are all overlooking one thing, and thats Nemu.

Thats right i said it. Nemu. Created by Mayuri. This Mayuri we are talking about. His own personal greatest creation. I don't think Mayuri would settle for a flawed design. If Nemu actually gets serious I'm sure she will be the strongest VC along with Yachiru.

nice call on nemu, it will be interesting when mayura actully commands her to fight. all shes really shown was physical strength but it was still impressive. shes also really durable, walking away from mayuris sword slash and the incident with szayazel.

yachiru to, kubo has been holding her off for somehting cool, she wont be captain level or anything but still awesome.

Kaiten
July 06, 2010, 02:32 PM
Man this looks like quite a controversial thread to stir up arguments heated discussions between people :XD. For me, my underrated character would have to be Yachiru. She can't just be huggably lovably cute all the time. Yes she shows that Kenpachi can have a soft side that he's caring for a kid all the time, but at the same time I doubt that he just forced people to let her be a Vice Captain just because she has history. Besides her being cute I also get a sense of creepiness from her in that she takes joy in the bloodshed Kenpachi unleashes. I'm hoping that some day Kubo lets us actually see what she can do and makes her more than just a cute looking character and a strong fighter. I want us to see why she truly is a VC other than just being there on Ken-chan's shoulders just for show.

Good call. Remember in SS when the messenger came to tell Kenpachi Aizen was dead? When she got pissed and told him to go away he was cowering in fear. God knows it was probably throw away comedy but still, she must be pretty fierce. And she did carry an unconscious Kenny away from the battle by herself, despite being a chibi, even lugging him up to the roof of a building.

Arrogance
July 06, 2010, 02:37 PM
Good call. Remember in SS when the messenger came to tell Kenpachi Aizen was dead? When she got pissed and told him to go away he was cowering in fear. God knows it was probably throw away comedy but still, she must be pretty fierce. And she did carry an unconscious Kenny away from the battle by herself, despite being a chibi, even lugging him up to the roof of a building.
I agree, she may be fierce but in a way she may not even realize. I could imagine her kicking the crap out of someone and still smiling finding it cute. So our definition of fierce would still be in the adorable category when it comes to her and what she enjoys :facepalm. lol.

Hystzen
July 06, 2010, 04:59 PM
i woundt class Yaichuriu as under rated because to me we seen her do nothing apart from spike her pressure when watching Kenpachi vs ichigo so i woundt call some one we seen nothing from under rated just .... Pending before judgement :p.

i like to bring up jinta n ururuu i mean what exactly are they?? are they created weapons by urahara or people i mean ururuu has that wierd genocide mode where she goes mental :blink

http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-chapter-60-page-16.html
and this page Urahara says she can take on shinigami with that power what the hell is she