PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

twasdfzxcv
May 26, 2010, 06:45 PM
Another Hiatus after this week. What will be the fate of this section?

kkck
May 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
Who knows.... Hopefully it will be a hiatus similar to what the big 3 go through every 2 months or so and we will get a chapter week after next (wishful thinking)....

isrnick
May 27, 2010, 01:01 AM
Who knows.... Hopefully it will be a hiatus similar to what the big 3 go through every 2 months or so and we will get a chapter week after next (wishful thinking)....

No, doesn't looks like this will be the case... kewl0210 posted this on nexgear forum:

"I got the raw from mangastream, since I translate for them. I'm not allowed to post it though. But the spoilers are right.
It's cool, too bad it's going on hiatus again. They don't say anything about how long it would be, just the usual "This manga will be going on hiatus for a while from this issue. Please understand. News of the continuation will be announced in the magazine.""

twasdfzxcv
May 27, 2010, 02:25 AM
Probably off playing some other games, like ff14 beta or something.

Bludvein
May 27, 2010, 02:33 AM
sigh. I wouldnt be at all upset if the guy actually had a good reason for the hiatus', but the only information about it seems to lean towards him just taking breaks to hang out since hes rich anyway.

Really, has anyone actually found any article about health problems?

Despite that, hes the highest payed mangaka in Jump with all the benefits, and gets immediately serialized whenever he feels like working.>.<

It wouldve been nice if he couldve atleast finished the arc first..

ish3
May 27, 2010, 09:39 AM
sigh. I wouldnt be at all upset if the guy actually had a good reason for the hiatus', but the only information about it seems to lean towards him just taking breaks to hang out since hes rich anyway.

Despite that, hes the highest payed mangaka in Jump with all the benefits, and gets immediately serialized whenever he feels like working.>.<

Nah man, last year Togashi had a new born son. He was mostly taking care of him enjoying his growth you know. Being a father. This time I'm not sure what it is but he seriously should have finished this arc first.

shouryuujo
May 27, 2010, 12:57 PM
Nah man, last year Togashi had a new born son. He was mostly taking care of him enjoying his growth you know. Being a father. This time I'm not sure what it is but he seriously should have finished this arc first.

but isnt his wife like stay home mom? Not like she's doing sailor moon anytime soon. if it is just taking care of the kid he could do like 1 chap /2 weeks or something but not long hiatuses? but i agree it is bad timing but then again i *suppose* it is OK spot to break since the next series of chapters will be gon vs king...

ish3
May 27, 2010, 01:22 PM
but isnt his wife like stay home mom? Not like she's doing sailor moon anytime soon. if it is just taking care of the kid he could do like 1 chap /2 weeks or something but not long hiatuses? but i agree it is bad timing but then again i *suppose* it is OK spot to break since the next series of chapters will be gon vs king...

I just don't like the indefinite side of it. Like he should at least say when it's coming back. Then it wouldn't bother me at much. It's expected as of now.

jiro
May 27, 2010, 08:40 PM
so is it hiatus again? or just 1 week break?

"please understand" ??? :blink

HP2009Eagle
May 27, 2010, 10:12 PM
If a reason was given it'd be more understandable. Plus I kinda dislike how the current arc has gone especially in the most recent chapters. Wtf was up with gons design, I cant understand the bruce banner to hulk transformation but lol whats with that stupid 100 feet of hair.

I wonder why they just dont cancel it at times, making 10-30 chapters then taking a break for months & repeating it.

vintagemistakes
May 28, 2010, 11:14 AM
Another Hiatus after this week. What will be the fate of this section?

The hiatus is certainly a negative when it comes to HxH having its own section. However, at this time, we have no plans to get rid of it. HxH still has a ton of material that can be discussed and we look forward to its eventual return (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Other than that, lets not turn this thread into a "agony" thread about the hiatus. It is what it is. Instead, how do these breaks effect your overall opinion of the story? Do you feel that they take away from what is otherwise a very interesting story or do they have no impact whatsoever?

naruto91
May 28, 2010, 12:31 PM
i decided...i LOVE this manga (it's one of my favourites), but these hiatus are really annoying..."Please understand"...at least he could tell us the reasons...i'm sorry, but i'll drop that manga. if one day i'll read something like "hxh will finish" or something similar, i'll read it for sure. i don't want to read a manga that i won't see its ending in my life. sayonara togashi, you lost another reader ^^

Shinichiro
May 28, 2010, 06:56 PM

...I thought it was a well-known fact that he had some severe health problems. He's known to have some nasty back condition where it hurts a LOT to sit over a drawing board and I've also heard talk about his health-many speculate it's heart-related.

Haven't seen any news articles on the nature of those problems m'self, but then again I live in the US and there's not really much coverage of mangaka in our media.

I have, however, found updates and articles saying that he has vague health problems or illnesses. I'd imagine they're not releasing everything for privacy reasons as well.

twasdfzxcv
May 30, 2010, 04:03 AM
...I thought it was a well-known fact that he had some severe health problems. He's known to have some nasty back condition where it hurts a LOT to sit over a drawing board and I've also heard talk about his health-many speculate it's heart-related.

Haven't seen any news articles on the nature of those problems m'self, but then again I live in the US and there's not really much coverage of mangaka in our media.

I have, however, found updates and articles saying that he has vague health problems or illnesses. I'd imagine they're not releasing everything for privacy reasons as well.

I think I saw some rumor saying that he was spotted participating in comic con and wrote about being addicted to online game in one of the volumes.

kkck
May 30, 2010, 11:41 AM
Is togashi really sick? I have heard that before but only as unconfirmed rumors. I thought the general consensus about the hiatuses was that those were kinda his thing and he was taking care of his family.

Hamy
May 30, 2010, 07:50 PM
I don't think we've ever gotten a solid confirmation on the rumors as to why Togashi has long hiatuses, I mean the health rumors are just run of the mill already (what dampens its credibility is the fact that Togashi was seen at some convention in good health when the health rumor was circulating). As for family well... he had a long hiatus prior to his wife's pregnancy and perhaps it extended when she got pregnant. I think we only had the whole Togashi caring for his family info when he wrote it down in the sleeve of an HXH volume. Long story short Jump's pretty secretive as to what his reasons are.

Shiro-kun
May 30, 2010, 09:20 PM
There are multiple speculations .....

1.) he's sick again ...
2.) he has a kid take care of
3.) he wants to play an new video game
4.) he is re-drawing the manga chapters for takubon release
5.) he just wants to take a break for the sake of taking a break

there just speculation ..., who knows what he wants to do rumors fly around and get distorted or sent out of proportion.

I hope he comes back in a few months though :\ first time i read HxH was right before the Major Hiatus so i wonder ... :(

Dive
May 30, 2010, 09:31 PM
first time i read HxH was right before the Major Hiatus so i wonder ... :(

I think it's in the best interest in all of the HxH fans if you stopped reading until the series is over. ;)

kkck
May 30, 2010, 09:49 PM
Well, togashi said he was going to work harder this year but publishing to volumes in a row hardly counts..... Last year he did two in a year I think so I guess it is very possible he'd do at least 2 more volumes this year so perhaps the manga would be back by the end of the summer.

Shiro-kun
May 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
I think it's in the best interest in all of the HxH fans if you stopped reading until the series is over. ;)

whats the fun in that?:tem

being critical and cynical is different if you been wondering what ive been sayin on thread threads lately:blink

but anyways i dont agonize over the fact of hiatuses for too long, its just his way it seems :darn

Uriel
May 31, 2010, 05:04 AM
I would love if He's re drawing some parts, because...Well, you know.

Anyway, I'm used to this so I don't care much. After...what? 6 or 7 hiatus? I just wait for them.

Refraction
May 31, 2010, 06:46 AM
HUNTERxHUNTER releases have been intermittent since the series started, but he seems to be concentrating his "off" periods into solid blocks, these days, rather than staying down for seven weeks, then releasing a chapter, then taking three weeks, and so forth. The scenario we have now is probably preferable to the former arrangement, when he was sometimes guilty of submitting an 8-page chapter.

Jaymie
May 31, 2010, 10:55 AM
Hopefully he's just redrawing scenes, but I said that before he went on the big hiatus, so...

-Ken-
May 31, 2010, 02:03 PM
I really don't mind the bad drawing scene that much, as long as it is fix when the volume version came up. I buy all the volumes anyway.

As for the hiatus, I really hope it's not long. I was getting happy about consistent chapter (getting past the 10 mark, like the way hiatus start in chapter 270, 280, 290), but bang! One more hiatus again...

ordoghaz
June 02, 2010, 05:08 AM
yeah, i was just getting excited again with hxh, then boom, another hiatus. lately, im even more excited with a hxh chapter than with a naruto's but oh well. sooner or later, id forget about hxh again, then, hopefully by then, there'd already be a few chaps of hxh to read.

brigid001
June 04, 2010, 05:26 PM
I agree with most people in saying that this hiatus is a disappointment. I had actually just caught up to the manga recently. I think it was about a year ago when i first watched the anime, and did not know the manga was still ongoing. I was thrilled when i found out and caught up in 2 weeks i think :D. It's a pity that there's another hiatus but hopefully it won't be too long. This will be my first experience of a long hiatus, just as i was enjoying the story so much.

On another note i think this would be a perfect time to announce a new anime/ova. Lol i know i've set my hopes high lol but it would be a nice feeling to feel the void and maybe it would encourage Togashi to come back. I really wanna see the chimera ant arc so bad, due to me watching my dvd boxsets of hxh and reminding me of how awesome it is :D

Refraction
June 05, 2010, 06:40 AM
If we do get a new OVA, I really hope they get Furuhashi back as director; I wasn't all that fond of the directors for Greed Island. Furuhashi inputted some splendid visual cues in his work--and I think he could pull off the darker elements of the Chimera Ant arc with aplomb.

brigid001
June 05, 2010, 08:37 AM
If we do get a new OVA, I really hope they get Furuhashi back as director; I wasn't all that fond of the directors for Greed Island. Furuhashi inputted some splendid visual cues in his work--and I think he could pull off the darker elements of the Chimera Ant arc with aplomb.

Oh i never knew there was a different director for the ovas. But yea i would love Furuhashi back in that case. Yes i think he handled the darker moments in Hxh splendidly, he especially made hisoka really creepy O__o

HxHMangas32
August 04, 2010, 10:26 PM
It's been some rumors flying around about tohashi having trouble drawing HxH, some people say it's because his back, others say it's because he's spending time with his kids or playing video games....:blink
Now i dont know what to believe, what do you think?

Negative Syndicate
August 05, 2010, 09:33 AM
So far, I really don't know why Togashi is taking so many breaks.

Crude
August 06, 2010, 06:04 PM
Because he can :p.

He has an incredible amount of authority for a mangaka I hear. He can go off when he feels like it, and won't get his series cancelled since it actually earns quite a lot of money.

kkck
August 06, 2010, 07:17 PM
I don't see how he can have that much authority.... he wrote yuyu hakusho and is working on HH but would that really be enough for him to take breaks this indiscriminately? As awesome as his manga's are, I don't think he should be quite there yet (its not like he wrote DBZ and inspired a generation right?). I don't think he is sick though...... I guess he just gets to do what he wants for some reason.

Crude
August 07, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'm in as much disbelief as you, but his manga sell a lot. Maybe his first hiatus was due to sickness, but after noticing how it didn't affect his manga's sales, he decided he could take one whenever he wanted, that or he layed out some sort of deal with WSJ. I doubt the hiatuses are due to his gaming addiction though.

twasdfzxcv
August 15, 2010, 03:53 PM
After digging a bit on web, I found some explanation as to Togashi's constant hiatus.

tl;dr Togashi is a lazy manga artist.

A few years ago there's a series of articles titled "the disappeared manga artist" that talks about manga artists that seems to stop drawing (the whole thing is in Japanese and I only found a Chinese translation one some Chinese site),and one of the articles talks about Togashi.

Long story short, Togashi is completely fine. The long hiatus is not cost by illness or anything. It's simply that Togashi doesn't want to devote his life completely to manga, and he wants to enjoy other aspects of life. In another word, Togashi is not a model manga artist.

Basically it started out during the end of Yu Yu hakashou. Because of the constant pressure from the editors of Jump to continue the story, Togashi has actually grew tired of drawing manga during that time. To the point that he feel sick just looking at rough drafts. Secondly the pressure of weekly releases has impacted his health considerably. Add to the fact that Togashi insists on working by himself without assistants to finish the final draft, the result is that Togashi wanted to quit drawing manga at that point.

After Yuyuhakashou ended Togashi went into a one year hiatus from drawing manga. His next work Level E would again be released on Jump, however it'd only be release on a monthly schedule.

There was a quote of Togashi somewhere that he doesn't want to die drawing manga, and insists on drawing only what he wants to draw.

So basically Togashi is not sick, he's just enjoying his life.
[hr]
The article is title "消えたマンガ家", published on this magazine
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickJapan

by this person
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7%E6%B3%89%E5%AE%9F%E6%88%90

The column series was combined into a book in 1996

While this is before Hunter x Hunter starting serialization, I believe this is still relevant in understanding Togashi now.

kkck
August 16, 2010, 10:13 AM
I guess that makes sense.... Perhaps a monthly manga where he'd just have to draw 30 pages a month would fit him better than writting 17 a week lol. Too bad someone with a manga as awesome as HH does not seem as into manga as other mangaka's though. If the info is true then I just lost all hope of ever seeing this manga reaching a proper end though.

twasdfzxcv
August 24, 2010, 12:12 AM
Well comiket 78 just ended so hopefully someone saw Togashi and ask him about the hiatus. He's know to attend these kind of stuff.

Edit: I guess we should be thankful that at least he's putting out one volume every year. There are mangaka who does thing even slower.
[hr]
2 rumors about hunter x hunter, both of them are extremely unlikely.

One is that Togashi got a divorce. This rumor appears several times before and probably made up by some otaku.

Second is that the serialization will start in October. Again very unlikely since Togashi still has 2 volume worth of stuff waiting to be published.

zelllogan
August 29, 2010, 11:37 AM
Edit: I guess we should be thankful that at least he's putting out one volume every year. There are mangaka who does thing even slower.

Who for example ? I remember Berserk being slow but not that slow

It's simply that Togashi doesn't want to devote his life completely to manga, and he wants to enjoy other aspects of life. In another word, Togashi is not a model manga artist.

I'm working roughly 8h a day 221 days a year. I'm not exactly a workaholic ... Togashi is working far less than that. My guess is that Togashi just don't care anymore & only work for his own pleasure from time to time & do not care one bit about fans.

KuwabaraTheMan
August 29, 2010, 01:59 PM
If Togashi didn't care, then the stuff he put out wouldn't be of such an amazing quality. I think he just no longer feels compelled to work all of the time, so he goes at a pace that he feels more comfortable with.

Given his success, I think he's earned that right.

twasdfzxcv
August 30, 2010, 03:27 AM
Who for example ? I remember Berserk being slow but not that slow

Guyver 27 volume since 1985
5 star stories. 12 volumes since 1986
Word of advice don't even start reading those series...

I'm working roughly 8h a day 221 days a year. I'm not exactly a workaholic ... Togashi is working far less than that. My guess is that Togashi just don't care anymore & only work for his own pleasure from time to time & do not care one bit about fans.

I think Togashi doesn't think drawing manga is his work. Or rather he doesn't want drawing manga to be his job. He probably consider himself retired and only doing manga when he wants to.

BigCamaro
September 02, 2010, 11:12 PM
I don't see how he can have that much authority.... he wrote yuyu hakusho and is working on HH but would that really be enough for him to take breaks this indiscriminately? As awesome as his manga's are, I don't think he should be quite there yet (its not like he wrote DBZ and inspired a generation right?). I don't think he is sick though...... I guess he just gets to do what he wants for some reason.

I think YYH and Rurouni Kenshin were the most popular manga after DBZ during that time. Their mangaka have alot of respect as such.
But DBZ, Dr Slump, and numerous other manga would put Toriyama on another level still.

Being married to the Sailor Moon mangaka, I wouldnt mind if he was just too lazy to draw and dictated his panels to her, and its not like he doesnt have editors. But his drawings get so bad at times and then are well done at others, Ive heard he has a hand disease.

twasdfzxcv
September 02, 2010, 11:56 PM
I believe that Togashi and his wife made a picture book last year or the year before. Not a manga but just a picture book.

Edit: it was 2005 the children book called Oobo— Nu— Tochiibo— Nu—

bil113
October 19, 2010, 07:43 AM
http://fastrad.over-blog.com/article-22267863.html
what do you think that's true;
hunter will back in october....

kkck
October 19, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hard to say but it is within the realm of possibilities. The author would have just enough time to complete another volume this year which would mean he kept his original promise of working harder this year. He would have 3 volumes in a year instead of 2.

Crude
October 25, 2010, 09:00 AM
Aren't there going to be new series debuting soon? Maybe Hunter x Hunter will be among them?

zelllogan
October 25, 2010, 03:16 PM
I hope it will come back before end of the year. I'm busy watching the episodes again and there is really nothing that can compare to this manga

hergipotter
December 11, 2010, 07:48 AM
HxH will be back Jan 4. 2011

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/jin115/imgs/4/b/4b1c4c60.jpg?f5738afe

ZealoticBlade
December 11, 2010, 06:36 PM
Don't get happy, because it's fake.

http://community.livejournal.com/weeklyjump/178593.html

Sorry, y'all.

madara555
March 31, 2011, 02:29 PM
Will HunterxHunter will ever continue ?:darn

Drago
April 01, 2011, 03:34 AM
yeah =.= i want to know too

Kotaku
April 01, 2011, 03:35 AM
I am so sad the Hunter Hunter no continue so long. Every week I buy the Jump and flep to announcements see if Hunter return, but always no. Make me feel so lonely. I want read new Hunter by Togashi-sensei very much :(

Kusako
April 01, 2011, 09:36 AM
Is this the same manga that is named Hiatus x Hiatus?...cheer up fans of Hiatus manga...:cheerbunny

madara555
April 01, 2011, 01:45 PM
Is this the same manga that is named Hiatus x Hiatus?...cheer up fans of Hiatus manga...:cheerbunny
yeah it is but i hope it will comeback and dont will hiatus till the end of the manga :3

mak123
April 03, 2011, 08:01 AM
yeah it is but i hope it will comeback and dont will hiatus till the end of the manga :3

You want to much lol! I think xhx will end, but'll too old to remember it ^_^

zelllogan
April 05, 2011, 02:01 PM
I really despise the guy as a mangaka but he understood everything to life:
- doing his hobby as work
- wife with same hobby also doing it as work
- both he & his wife acknowledged as among the great ones
- he work only when he want to work

Hxh will never be over ... Even if by some kind of miracles he continue, it will be just for some chapters again.

madara555
April 06, 2011, 02:46 AM
I really despite the guy as a mangaka but he understood everything to life:
- doing his hobby as work
- wife with same hobby also doing it as work
- both he & his wife acknowledged as among the great ones
- he work only when he want to work

Hxh will never be over ... Even if by some kind of miracles he continue, it will be just for some chapters again.

well i personally can life with it that he just brings some chapters
i would be just glad that it would continue

Magnus
April 08, 2011, 08:15 AM
I seriously think that the world is gonna end before the Ant arc comes to a conclusion, let alone the whole of HxH.

kkck
April 08, 2011, 01:26 PM
It will likely have a rushed ending as yu yu hakusho did. No matter how many times I read that manga I can't help but feel that he just finished it halfway through....

Goral
April 10, 2011, 11:12 AM
From MangaStream forum: (http://forum.mangastream.com/showthread.php?t=4014&page=12)

Hi guys. Recently a lot of people here and on the Hunter x Hunter 310 Discussion/311 Predictions thread have posted with questions such as "why does shounen jump lets Togashi have its way?" or "how can someone take a break from work for more than a year?".

Although I'm not in any way related to Togashi I think I can answer these questions. As some of you might already know, the anime Level E aired last season in Japan. Level E is based on Togashi's manga by the same name, and during the last year he has been preoccupied with helping the production committee. I'm not saying this is any excuse not to draw HunterxHunter, I just wanted to stress that Togashi is still working in the anime and manga business. I only hope that now that Level E is over Togashi will continue HunterxHunter again.

ish3
April 16, 2011, 12:56 PM
Well Level E is over so I'm expecting some new HxH this May or September. If not this year then I give up at least paying attention.

belo
April 20, 2011, 01:28 AM
we should just wait, nothing is gonna change even if we mess up. U know, sometimes the sh*T that people say here and other places makes me angry, ppl just dissin and say trash that hurt the guy. if u were Togashi and u read that, would u wanna draw ? hey this is as direct as it gets..... see the real picture

Totsch
April 22, 2011, 09:47 AM
Best solution for me was to just move on from this manga altogether. I'm not saying I won't read it if it comes out, but I removed my thinking of it being in the top of my list. The manga started in 1998. That's 13 years (676 weeks minimum when counting March 1998 to March 2011) and only 310 chapters to show for it. It'd be one thing if it were larger chapters, but this was a weekly shounen manga.

The man is good at what he does, but is clearly busy. Since that's the case, I had to look at it realistically and just left it alone. The hiatus is now more expected than chapter releases, so no point in stressing over it.

WickedNeko
May 02, 2011, 01:02 AM
HxH isn't going to continue for another year or so based on what's happening in Japan. With the entire nuclear disaster that's still going on, other manga with story lines involving nuclear matter has been put on hiatus / storyline forcibly changed.

I doubt it's going to be any different for HxH.

On a side note, I just realized that Berserk has more chapters published than HxH.

madara555
May 02, 2011, 09:45 AM
maybe togashi worked at his drawing style even i like it could be a little bit better
What I really love at most at hunter x hunter drawing are the emotion

btw i think there will be just 1 hunter who just be able to beat the king Gin Freecs maybe he finishs the king and then dissappears again ,there while gon is recovering so he couldnt see him
this would make for me sense

kkck
May 03, 2011, 02:56 PM
HxH isn't going to continue for another year or so based on what's happening in Japan. With the entire nuclear disaster that's still going on, other manga with story lines involving nuclear matter has been put on hiatus / storyline forcibly changed.

I doubt it's going to be any different for HxH.

On a side note, I just realized that Berserk has more chapters published than HxH.

The whole nuclear bomb thing was a one chapter thing. I would think that matter is resolved. Even then the rose was not specifically said to be a nuclear bomb.

Anyways, the earthquake is not even remotely a good excuse for this manga to not continue. If it does not then it will be for whatever reason it did not go on before, not because of the earthquake.

shouryuujo
May 06, 2011, 02:00 PM
i think best solution is to hope the mangaka run out of money so he has to go back to work?

HumanRage
May 31, 2011, 03:30 PM
^ unfortunately, since he got gazillions of cash from yuyu, and married a mangaka as rich as him, i don't think that can happen.

some artists care about the essence of Arts, some are just regular employees. togashi couldn't care less about his readers, most of the time, hiatuses were because of console RPGs getting retail.

hokageji
June 01, 2011, 03:16 AM
Even if it comes back, will it be as good as before?

I doubt it. The chimera arc is a mistake itself. A power up that high leaves very little scope for interesting development in the future. Its sad cos this manga had the potential to compete with the big 3.

Uriel
June 01, 2011, 11:13 AM

I doubt it. The chimera arc is a mistake itself. A power up that high leaves very little scope for interesting development in the future. Its sad cos this manga had the potential to compete with the big 3.
Oh, I also think that. I liked it at first...But it somehow went too far. TOO FAR.

Host Samurai
June 02, 2011, 05:53 PM

I somehow can understand you but seriously the chimera arc isn't a complete mistake. But it leaves a bitter taste compared to the previous arcs in my opinion. Well if Togashi puts some efforts into it then he could definetly make that power up an excuse to let Leorio (who aims to become a Nen doctor) into the main storyline again. But the fact that he didn't write off the King after he got nuked at point blank range and even made him more powerful then at the beginning..... to be honest only Togahsi knows how to resolve this.

LoS
June 02, 2011, 08:11 PM
The chimera arc is a mistake itself. A power up that high leaves very little scope for interesting development in the future. Its sad cos this manga had the potential to compete with the big 3.

Its pretty obvious the elder wasn't the strongest person/human, it was hinted countless times, and the mention of silent type hunters whom don't interact with other much leaves the the option of having plenty of people who could be stronger. Meaning, there is still plenty room for growth if the young cast is intended to become the strongest.

tobeulp
June 02, 2011, 09:29 PM
The chimera arc is a mistake mainly because it is been in hiatus for over this past few years... If the chimera arc is drawn weekly like the OP,Naruto, Bleach I doubt you can say it is a mistake... The hiatus makes us believe that this arc is a mistake ^^..

~Andrew~
June 07, 2011, 07:48 AM
The first time i read an article about him going on hiatus was about his illnes or generally his health. I felt sorry for him, but as someone else here said: I had to erase HxH from my thoughts because i endured 2 hiatus(es?) before. Okay in other, more simple words, i thought everyday about HxH and was happy when it returns, but got even more desperate when he went on Hiatus after his normal work amount of 10 Chaps.
Now i only read my all-time favorites like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore(sometimes) and my new favorite Toriko, which i startet to read 2009/2010. It's kinda taking HxH place., Toriko is something like a HxHhunter too, is it just me or are the two mangas similar in a few ways?

Schabrak
June 08, 2011, 01:16 PM
Some crazy muscled bodies, "strange"^^ characters, a world with odd monsters and enemies. They certainly have something in common.

I read about him being ill too some years back, but with his history of breaks, it may be just an excuse from Shueisha. He's free to draw how much he ever wants and can easily live of his past works/wife. I would love to see it continued, an assistent did post that it would come back this fall, but deleted it afterwards. Hope is all I got left for the series.

Uriel
June 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
Meh, I don't bite Toriko. I'm all up with strange characters, but what really got me into HxH was Nen and how complex and simple is in the same time. A system that beats any other manga power system.

Odd monsters and enemies it's something I'm actually seeing more and more often.

hokageji
June 08, 2011, 11:53 PM
I somehow can understand you but seriously the chimera arc isn't a complete mistake. But it leaves a bitter taste compared to the previous arcs in my opinion. Well if Togashi puts some efforts into it then he could definetly make that power up an excuse to let Leorio (who aims to become a Nen doctor) into the main storyline again. But the fact that he didn't write off the King after he got nuked at point blank range and even made him more powerful then at the beginning..... to be honest only Togahsi knows how to resolve this.

Yes, thats a good point, showing Kurapica and Leorio's growth would be important aspects, but I doubt if even togashi could resolve the current arc. If he does, he is amazing.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Its pretty obvious the elder wasn't the strongest person/human, it was hinted countless times, and the mention of silent type hunters whom don't interact with other much leaves the the option of having plenty of people who could be stronger. Meaning, there is still plenty room for growth if the young cast is intended to become the strongest.

Netero was the strongest Nen user over the past 50 years. Thats what was said about him. The only people comparable would be the Zoldycks, Gons dad and members of the spider.

Hunter x Hunter is about the chase, and the trail Gin set for Gon. After showing Netero die to the King chimera, the only thing that remains is finding Gin, I know that would be interesting, but it would be better to show surpass other HxH with each arc rather than one.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

The chimera arc is a mistake mainly because it is been in hiatus for over this past few years... If the chimera arc is drawn weekly like the OP,Naruto, Bleach I doubt you can say it is a mistake... The hiatus makes us believe that this arc is a mistake ^^..

No, I think the arc is a mistake. It went on too long, togashi went overboard with the power ups.

Its like naruto going from chuunin exams to beating pein, in my opinion atleast.

kkck
June 09, 2011, 12:05 AM
Netero is not the strongest nen user in the last 50 years, he was the strongest until 50 years ago from what I recall. In his prime he probably was the strongest in history but I would think there are people stronger than him due to youth alone.

The chimera ant arc is not bad, it is just too insanely dragged out. It's like bleach was made into a monthly manga without increasing the length of the chapters.... Arc is pretty good IMO, not necessarily the best but it is definitely worth it. Really wish the author would give us fans a minute of his time to continue this awesome manga though, I really want to see what happens to gon after using this insane power and to see how mereum finally gets defeated (which seems impossible right now).

~Andrew~
June 09, 2011, 04:38 PM
Since you're talking about Bleach: The Mangaka will pull a Ginjou Fullbring on Gon. This or the Manga simply Ends after this Arc of "endlessness" :D
Nah i think everyone has to look from another point of view. Hisoka, where the fuck is he, he who has lust for battle like no other person? And many other important Chars didn't show up as if they're not caring for their lives xD It's difficult to predict an arc or anything in a Manga which spits out 10chaps a year or two O_o Maybe this man has a brilliant story in mind and we all gonna be mindfucked like in LOST. Or he simply stopped caring about his manga.

About Netero-sama, i cleary am of the opinion that the so-called "silent-type" Hunters or rather Underground Hunters are indeed stronger than Netero-sama, i actually think they're a match for Gon's Dad and that gons dad stands above the most, if not all, Hunters. But that would make the HxH universe interesting and ultimatively larger, which isn't in the Mangaka's sense. coz in this case he would have to draw another 3-5 Years like Oda, but i'm loosing hope for HxH.

I really hope the Mangaka is just swimming in his pool full of money instead of being deathly ill and suffering under the fact to never be able to end or continue his Manga HxH.

I don't know anymore, i just don't know it anymore :/ Let's hope for the best and except the worst.

Uriel
June 09, 2011, 04:50 PM
If He only hires 3 artist to work on the art while He just writes the plot. If only.

At this point I couldn't care less about him drawing it (Aside the fact that its latest draws are lacking) and instead I'm dying to know why He pulled out such strength on Gon and what this will mean on the future plotline.

~Andrew~
June 10, 2011, 07:15 AM
Okay, here's what we know.
Gon's goal was forcing Pitou to heal Kaito. And when Pitou told Gon that Kaito's long gone, his Goal changed to ultimatively take Revenge on Pitou >NO MATTER WHAT< (Common Sense. I mean come on, even Pitou was fucking scared of Gon's killing Intend, this Tiger-thingy, rember?).

So here we are, these are the informations provided to us. Now, Gon would've instantly lost to Pitou as he were, so he powered himself up to the very extreme Limits and therefore his "endless" Potential as a Shounen-Manga-Protagonist were gone. And since it's a Shounen, he will get his Powers back through a veeeery dangerous Methode, or something like that... look at Bleach for the most up to date Example.

@Uriel: I assume you knew all of this, because I only wanted to clarifying things. So tell me what exactly is bugging you about this? We got a Reason for the Power-Up, we got one, of the Strongest Enemies yet, down and in the Future he will (as said a dozen times) somehow obtain his Powers back, the only thing I'm wondering about is wether he will Obtain his Powers within this Arc or in the next (if there will be one).
There are so many other things that are bugging me, though Gon's Maturing is one of these things.

-We got the Kings Brother
-We got the probably strong Insect-Dealer. He's hinted to be some special Guy, too. He was under the first handful Chimeras which went on his own without caring for the Queen or the King.
-We got the hinted stronger than Netero Hunters walking the Underground.
-We got Gon's Dad.
-We got a list of loose ends which are certainly more Important for the Future.

They can't possibly watch the Earth/humanity crumble.

Or is it Gon's future Plotline alone that you are concerned about?

I guess i Re-Read this Manga again, this Arc is really something xD

Uriel
June 10, 2011, 01:03 PM
I don't know, at least for certain. Nen prices can be a bit extreme. See Kurapika when He intended so much power it was at the cost of his life. So for me the biggest doubt is that: The price to pay.

The rest doesn't bug me still, because they can be dragged as it's needed and learn about them when it's plot-wise. Right now I'm just focusing on the enormous hanging point that Togashi left.

Host Samurai
June 10, 2011, 05:09 PM
So here we are, these are the informations provided to us. Now, Gon would've instantly lost to Pitou as he were, so he powered himself up to the very extreme Limits and therefore his "endless" Potential as a Shounen-Manga-Protagonist were gone. And since it's a Shounen, he will get his Powers back through a veeeery dangerous Methode, or something like that... look at Bleach for the most up to date Example.

-We got the Kings Brother
-We got the probably strong Insect-Dealer. He's hinted to be some special Guy, too. He was under the first handful Chimeras which went on his own without caring for the Queen or the King.
-We got the hinted stronger than Netero Hunters walking the Underground.
-We got Gon's Dad.
-We got a list of loose ends which are certainly more Important for the Future.

Like I said before Gon is definitely out of the count he won't fight anymore in this Arc, assuming that Togashi ends this Arc. He is in no condition to fight, he lost his arm, which he used to impale Pitou (badass moment of Gon in the entire series by the way :D). The first thing that he needs is medical treatment in order to re-attach his arm. There is one person who could get the job done...Leorio this would be the perfect opportunity for him to get in the main storyline!

And now with the King being uber- super strong our current hunters are outmatched, outclassed the only one that I can think of who would be able to beat him is his own brother. His younger twin has or should have the same growth rate as him I can see it happening. Due to him not feeding on humans but something else....it is really hard to believe to get that powerful as him. Or his downfall could be Komugi, which is more likely to happen. History taught us many times that powerful men weaknesses were their women.

With Jairo the former 'King' of NGL, The other five star hunters, the genei Ryodan who are aware of Kurapica's secret, the upcoming and most anticipated fight in the manga namely; Hisoka vs Kuroro, Killua's missing brother, the bald ninja hunter all this remembers me of the untapped potential of this manga.:(

I don't know, at least for certain. Nen prices can be a bit extreme. See Kurapika when He intended so much power it was at the cost of his life. So for me the biggest doubt is that: The price to pay.

That is something that I also want to find out. What price did he pay to get this ridiculous power up?

Uriel
June 10, 2011, 05:19 PM
Like I said before Gon is definitely out of the count he won't fight anymore in this Arc, assuming that Togashi ends this Arc. He is in no condition to fight, he lost his arm, which he used to impale Pitou (badass moment of Gon in the entire series by the way :D). The first thing that he needs is medical treatment in order to re-attach his arm. There is one person who could get the job done...Leorio this would be the perfect opportunity for him to get in the main storyline!
Machi has shown that She is the perfect candidate to do this :P

NoFreakingWay
June 10, 2011, 07:26 PM
Well I think the price Gon paid was his potential as Andrew said. Think about it, if he had 5 to 15 more years he would probably get to that level of Nen by training naturally. Imagine a future where he can 2HKO creatures at Pitou's level. With ease. That's the price Gon paid. which is too great man.

Now about the arm: Wouldn't it have been blown to mush when Gon decided to release that humungous Nen deathblast on Zombie Pitou?

~Andrew~
June 11, 2011, 06:11 AM
@Host Samurai: You called most of the loose ends, I certainly can agree with your point of view. The King's Brother could already be a Man. And hopefully you're right and his "Babysitter" this low level Chimera Ant didn't gave him Human "crackers" to eat. But then again, he swore he would do no evil, to this Guy with the super-big smoking pipe or else he would be killed.

Now let's hope the King's lil Brother's attitude depends on his social environment and the food he eats, elsewhise there would be two Kings with power behind understanding .
Then there would be 2 scenarios: 1. They Team Up and the Human World is lost.(That's a 0.1% scenario, though xD)
Or 2. Which is more Likely to happen: The King would have a little smalltalk with his Brother. Then they come to the conclusion they're like Yin and Yang, Fire and Water, the other side of a coin, thus fighting each other on equal grounds.

But I wrote these little ideas of scenarios in seconds, without taking Komugi into account. She's the only Person able to calm down the crazy/beastly/killing intend-side of the King. We saw it a few times, the King is thinking about everything and his destiny, then going "Wahahaha I wanna kill them all". And there still more factors I ignored, but as i said earlier I'm not able to Predict an Year-Long Arc properly without Re-Reading it every 6 Months O_o

And as for the others like Leorio...they need panneltime, hisoka too, and many others as well.

Okay enough about King and King v1.2. So you're thinking Gon's powers won't easily return like in Bleach with Kurosaki Ichigo (he hasn't quite his original powers back but rather a substitute source of power)? Yeah I think I have to agree now. But he already paid the Price, a life without nen, his Potential vanished, what else should happen to him? Maybe he will be K.O. for a while, and is fragile without nen. Now he needs to be protected.
Gon's arm seems kinda lost for good, I simply don't see Persons like Leorie pop out of nowhere attaching his arm (wasn't his arm beyond repair anyway?).

@Schabrak: Not only that but think about the "Nitro" creature which orginally came through a comet to the World of Toriko, wasn't it the same with the Chimeras? Dunno, but i know the following things: Both are highly influenced by the food they eat and they are adapting things like Nen or Preparing Gourmet ingredients. Depending on what they eat and learn they get individuals. Same goes for the Chimeras. Evolution in Highspeed. Just wanted to Point out this Resemblance.

kkck
June 13, 2011, 10:13 AM
I also think gon paid with his potential for the power boost he got. Kinda like sacrificing the future for the sake of the present kinda thing. In many ways, his life. I do think there will be a way for him to get his potential back, the story is nothing without that. The way I see it there are two ways that can happen. The first way is to find someone that has the ability to kinda restore things. That would allow him to restore the future gon lost. The other one is for the ants to save him. As we saw before the ants have the ability to give their own bodies to others in the form of either liquid or dust. I think a live should be a fair enough price to pay for gons potential. Basically, it is possible for an ant to restore gons potential by giving up at least a portion of their own bodies, that could even regenerate his arm. Togashi would need a hell of a plot point for the king or another ant to give up their bodies for gon though.

Hamy
June 13, 2011, 08:17 PM
I also think gon paid with his potential for the power boost he got. Kinda like sacrificing the future for the sake of the present kinda thing. In many ways, his life. I do think there will be a way for him to get his potential back, the story is nothing without that. The way I see it there are two ways that can happen. The first way is to find someone that has the ability to kinda restore things. That would allow him to restore the future gon lost. The other one is for the ants to save him. As we saw before the ants have the ability to give their own bodies to others in the form of either liquid or dust. I think a live should be a fair enough price to pay for gons potential. Basically, it is possible for an ant to restore gons potential by giving up at least a portion of their own bodies, that could even regenerate his arm. Togashi would need a hell of a plot point for the king or another ant to give up their bodies for gon though.

Who says it has to be the king? Gon's side did manage to win a couple of ants now so they certainly don't have a shortage when it comes to that. Of course the difference is in quality - I don't think Palm and the rest would compare to the royal guards - in addition to whether or not they have knowledge about giving up their body (it was after all more instinctual) and of course whether Gon can consume the ants since the king did naturally consume things to not only grow but absorb their ability, which isn't something that should happen when you devour things.

~Andrew~
June 15, 2011, 07:58 AM
Have to agree with Hamy here. As the King consumed the two Royal Guards it seemed like an 1. instinctive act. and 2. Like it was destined (destined by the Queen, as a backup plan). Maybe there are Ants like the one Selling Drugs on the Streets who are probably super-strong themselves and have their own abilities. It's far-fetched but if any Ant would be able to restore that Potential than it's the King or the King's Brother (which is more likely). That's what I'm thinking.

IamJacky
June 22, 2011, 07:46 AM
1. I think as far as this Chimera Arc is concerned, Gon is out the game, his restoration of nen will probably be somewhat of a center theme of the next Arc, which hopefully will involve Leorio for his possible healing nen-ability, and Kurapika for...the sake of it.

2. It was also heavily hinted that Jairo will be the theme of the next arc (if there ever will be one).

3. The idea of the ants healing Gon, restoring his power or anything in that nature all seem very unlikely.

4. I'm not sure if King's bro will come into play, but at this point it is clear enough that the King will not be beaten by anybody, it's impossible. I don't understand why people keep wanting someone or some group of people strong enough to beat the King. The King issue is most likely going to resolve with certain plot devices involving Komugi and the current "game" that the King is playing with Pufu.

Surely enough you can say to bring King's bro (or insert another possible strong fighter) to take the King, but that'd be extremely disappointing for the story.

5. I never really read Bleach but I am very sure that as far as plot line is concerned Bleach is no where near HxH, the logic of typical Shounen manga will not apply with HxH, HxH is simply on another level.

Kaizoku-O Luffy
June 29, 2011, 02:39 AM
Since T is is the weekly one piece spoiler provider therefore this information must me legit.

Thanks to aohihe of ap forums:

In unrelated note, T also mentions Hunter x Hunter is coming back in August.

Uriel
June 29, 2011, 09:06 AM
Sure? Somewhere was a post saying that SJ wont publish HxH on August :O

Kaiten
June 29, 2011, 10:11 AM
It's legit. No exact date, but Anime News Network confirmed an August return (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-29/hunter-x-hunter-manga-resumes-in-shonen-jump-in-august). Probably will be timed around the Obon double issue, the second week of August. They always time serialization around new volumes, volume 28 comes out next week and volume 29 comes out August 4. I'm guessing there will be twenty chapters again. That way the hiatus would start in early/mid December, when Jump always starts new series. Ten chapters would mean hiatus in mid-October, while that is possible, Jump rarely starts new series that time of year. Only a guess, but an educated one.

masgrande
July 12, 2011, 09:42 PM
Is it confirmed that he will only return for a few chapters?

Kiba
July 13, 2011, 12:08 PM
Is it confirmed that he will only return for a few chapters?

i hope not

kkck
July 13, 2011, 02:13 PM
I don't think we should expect more than a volume or two. he does kinda have to get back to this manga at some point to finish it though, there simply is no way any of us is gonna live long enough to finish this otherwise.

~Andrew~
August 03, 2011, 01:39 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/66206613/1 <- Yeah! So it begins again. Let's hope for a bit longer this time.

sharingan_kakashi
August 04, 2011, 01:00 PM
And.... it ends again??

~Andrew~
August 04, 2011, 01:03 PM
I'm one of the thankful Guys, you know. Even 10 Chaps HxH are enoug to make me happy, I'll endure the following Breaks/Hiatus till I'm 100.

kkck
August 04, 2011, 02:46 PM
I'm one of the thankful Guys, you know. Even 10 Chaps HxH are enoug to make me happy, I'll endure the following Breaks/Hiatus till I'm 100.

i would probably too.... if I were to live to 100 lol.:darn

Schabrak
August 04, 2011, 02:53 PM
The bigger problem would be Togashi, who will be long dead, if any of us reaches that milestone.

sharingan_kakashi
He's gone on hiatus/many breaks for years now, so his return will never be a "long" one.^^ I don't have time to search for that chart right now though.

ErosVp
August 05, 2011, 10:10 PM
Is the reason of these hiatuses still being described as illness? or just the author laziness? How many chapters we had in 5 years? I still read HXH but i'm conviced the author will die before its end! It is even worse then Berserk, Togashi's greatest work won't have an end. I can't even feel the hapiness when a chapter is releasedm since i'm not satisfied with crumbs...

Schabrak
August 06, 2011, 12:03 PM
Don't know, he could just have fun with his family, have a cushy number instead of working 45 full weeks a year drawing characters and stuff. Normal authors can take their time to creat a good new plot, most mangaka just can't allow themself to do that.

Franckie
August 10, 2011, 10:59 AM
We'll probably get another 10-15 chapters before Togashi goes on break again for the 1000th time. I just hope he produces enough chapters to wrap this arc up. The Ant Arc has been ongoing for far too long now and still seems to have little to do with the main plot.

Togashi will be dead long before he even begins approaching the finale at the rate he's been working for the past several years.

~Andrew~
August 11, 2011, 04:46 AM
Don't know, he could just have fun with his family, have a cushy number instead of working 45 full weeks a year drawing characters and stuff. Normal authors can take their time to creat a good new plot, most mangaka just can't allow themself to do that.

Do we know if he got a serious disease, it's strange but I never did a little research on this. But maybe he's ill and therefore he wants to spent as much time as possible with his family. Could someone please clear this once and for all?

@ these "When you're 100 the Mangaka will be long gone!!1"-Guys: You do know that I just wrote this to show my love for the Manga, take it easy.

kkck
August 11, 2011, 11:53 AM
Nah, he is not sick. He is just lazy and otherwise engaged. If he really wanted too there would not be any hiatuses. Even married to sailor moon he can't possibly be busy enough to not have a shred of time to dedicate to his best work yet lol.

Schabrak
August 11, 2011, 02:20 PM
He does enough to live of it to the end of his life and what if he wants it to be his last work, because his anger about YYH, he can do it like a famous author from novels, like George R. R. Martin or Joanne K. Rowling before HP ended. He's the only mangaka, who can just takes brakes for long times without fearing that they wouldn't take him back because is a sure sell.

KuwabaraTheMan
August 11, 2011, 08:53 PM
He does enough to live of it to the end of his life and what if he wants it to be his last work, because his anger about YYH, he can do it like a famous author from novels, like George R. R. Martin or Joanne K. Rowling before HP ended. He's the only mangaka, who can just takes brakes for long times without fearing that they wouldn't take him back because is a sure sell.

Yeah, Togashi is successful enough that he doesn't have to put up with the garbage work hours that most other manga creators do, and he's already set for life. It's understandable that he would want to spend more time with his family.

Besides, I would rather Togashi be happy and work when he wants to, because it means the quality will be much higher than if he was just forcing himself to work each week.

ish3
August 11, 2011, 11:45 PM
He had a son about 2 years ago and he's been spending most of his time watching him grow up and such. More or so he's been into spending time with his family. But yea, he's taking advantage of his current predicament. I'd rather there be 30 or so chapters before a long hiatus. But hopefully there's twenty again.

~Andrew~
August 12, 2011, 04:20 AM
I don't really know. Simple as that.
Well, he's rich, he got Family and it's natural that he wants to spend time with them, but 10 Chaps followed by almost a Year long Hiatus is just a bit too much. As ish3 said, it should be at least 30 or maybe even 50 Chaps, because 10 Chaps can't possibly provide us with enough Plot, there isn't much Progress. There're many People who stopped reading after the last Hiatus started, because they just don't want to tolerate it anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I (as said several times) love HxH and won't ever stop reading it, but many of the People who stopped reading HxH thought that the Mangaka just didn't care about his Fans anymore and that he took the Fan's loyality for granted, but I won't judge Togashi and his actions, cause I just don't know him. My Point is, I am just concerned about HxH's future. I just hope he still loves his Manga, maybe these breaks he took are a good distraction from HxH so it never gets boring for him to write a good Story, you know? Aren't there any Interviews of him? He could at least make a clear Statement so that People stop complaining.

Whew, I didn't intend to write this much, but well..

Schabrak
August 12, 2011, 05:06 AM
He probably doesn't care for loyality, even less for those of the scanlation readers. LOL I wouldn't f**king too. So what if he's releasing one to two volumes a year, that's the pensum of a monthly magazine too and I don't see anybody hating those mangaka for their shedule. Dear god I'm glad to get 10 chapter of Berserk or Yotsubato per year, and again do novel readers stop reading a series, if it takes more than a year to release a book?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6265/hiatusg.png
See it's long trend, no reason get upset now.

It's not like don't hate it to wait so long, but we've just got to live with it.

~Andrew~
August 12, 2011, 05:22 AM
You are wrong. I'm not getting upset, if you even tried to imply that, that is. If so, please read carefully. I don't think like they do.. like I said in my last Posting and like I said several Times before, these are things I read in different Forums (or I heard from other Fan's) after the last Hiatus started plus nobody says it's trend or it's new, that is exactly the reason why People are getting "Upset now" because there already were many Breaks. The reason most of them are getting Upset now is that they supressed their desire for more HxH til now and couldn't handle it anymore. Not everyone is so patient and holds so much Love for a Manga like I do or like some of you Guys do, so I can understand it to a certain degree. And for them it would only be fair to get an Answer from him, dunno.

You're saying that he probably doesn't care for loyality, but that is exactly what I woudln't say. I don't know him so I don't have the right to say such things, but as I said I don't even care, but I can imagine there are People who do care. And I for my Part am not only a Scanlation reader, I'm buying my Favorite Mangas in Japanese Original. But you're totally rite about Scanlation readers who doesn't pay, they're alright but supporting one of his favorite Artist should be a natural thing. Whatever, I hope I made myself somewhat clear. Just ask me if there're any Questions. I'm not fully concentrated cause I'm in a little Rush, so feel free to correct me.

Edit: And comparing Books to Mangas is like comparing Apples to Oranges. But that's another Story.

ErosVp
August 12, 2011, 05:40 PM
He is just a lazy bartard! Taking so long to release a chapter, he could work 2 hours a day and present some great art, but all the chapters he is releasing looks like sketchs.... He can take his time to spent with his family, but he isn't working like every man in the world with family do, i'm begining to doubt he even likes manga anymore...

I'm a scanlator reader, but i do support mangakas buying volumes available here (for the series i really care). Of course i won't buy HxH if i think he doesn't care for the readers, there are many things i even forgot already...

LoneLobo
August 13, 2011, 08:06 AM
The fact is: we really do not know anything. The only official fact we go is that it was on hiatus because of illness.
So, what can that mean?
- He has a physical illness, maybe cancer or whatever. What he draws is the most he can manage.
- He has a mental illness. Maybe drawing 20 pages every week is too hard for him, it is too stressful. What he draws is the most he can manage. (Oh, and there are several mangaka who fell victim to this. For example the mangaka of Battle Angel Alita and Shaman King.)
- He does not have an illness but wants to enjoy life, be with his family etc. He could not do that with a chapter every week, so... it is all he can manage.

It is a fact that it was on hiatus several times since it started, so it should not be that big of a surprise. Do not be fooled by its publication in a weekly magazine. I love Hunter X Hunter and I am happy when there are new chapters. And of course I am annoyed when there is a hiatus again, but hell, that's life!

Saying that he is a lazy bastard and that he does not care about the manga is not true. If he really was lazy he could've stopped the manga after Greed Island. He could've cut the Chimera Arc short. I mean, he spend half of the new chapter on social criticism. This is not the work of a man who is lazy and does not care, it is the work of a man who in fact cares a hell of a lot.

ErosVp
August 13, 2011, 08:28 AM
Everyone likes HxH! But the fact that we will problaby never see Gon meet Gin is annoying as hell! If he is sick, he could stop the manga for some years and come back when he got better, but at this rate there won't be an end to the story...

But i know many fans are condescending with him! If you guys are happy just reading a chapter every now and then (however if he takes so much time, i still think he could improve the art), that is fine. I read once in a while without much expectations... It has a good story, even better then Yuyu, but the author is overestimated...

~Andrew~
September 28, 2011, 05:52 AM
I hate to ask that but: When will be the next Hiatus? Is there an announcement for another Hiatus already? It's a miracle that there wasn't a Hiatus announcment last Chapter.

Tombadgerlock
September 28, 2011, 06:42 AM
Why the hell would there be a hiatus annoucement.

If there is a Hiatus after 310, we will know at 310, if there is at 320, we will know then, etc.

They never make statements more than on the chapters where the hiatus begin.

~Andrew~
September 28, 2011, 06:55 AM
First of all: Keep it cool.
And everything you said is right/nothing new to me.

The reason I asked is because last week some Guy did a translation of the latest Chapter which ended with the words "And no Break next Week!". Well, afterwards I just thoght what you just wrote and got confused.
My guess was that Togashi takes his break a little bit later this time due to HxH's Anime premiere (since the Chapter contained extra untranslated Anime related Pages).
So I asked for it, as I just mentioned.

Simple as that.

Cheers.

Tombadgerlock
September 28, 2011, 07:13 AM
Huh.... So far, he hasn't made as many chapters as he usually does.

I don't think he ever does less than 10 chapters, and it has been 8. Basically, unless he does *less* than usual, we won't have news of a break for at last 3 weeks.

If he does the same as last time, we will have news in 3 months.

If he does more because of Anime premiere, we won't have news before well into 2012.

~Andrew~
September 28, 2011, 07:23 AM
Yeah and I thought there is some sort of a scheduler. lol Shame on me.
Well, thank you for clarifying.
I'm overexcited at the moment (regarding HxH) and I can't wait for the Next Arc to begin.

Cheers.

mrsticky005
September 28, 2011, 10:21 AM
Where are you all reading about Togashi going to take a break? Or are you just expecting Togashi to take a break?

~Andrew~
September 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Well, Togashi is usually taking a (6-12 Months long) Hiatus once he published 10 Chaps (for more details read the past Pages or use Google :] ).
That's how it is and that's how it will probably be.
When did you start reading HxH? It sounds like you just recently started, is that correct?

Uriel
September 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
Where are you all reading about Togashi going to take a break? Or are you just expecting Togashi to take a break?
This is about the Hiatus that Togasi OFTEN takes. This particular talk was about the last one, but I left this thread open...just in case xD

mrsticky005
September 28, 2011, 06:01 PM
This is about the Hiatus that Togasi OFTEN takes. This particular talk was about the last one, but I left this thread open...just in case xD

Ok gotcha. So then unless otherwise noted we should expect the next chapter. That's good.

Stupidly enough I'm actually hoping Togashi doesn't take a break for a while this time.

However if he does thank goodness to gracious for the new anime.

kkck
September 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
Well, it is next chapter that we find out if there will be a hiatus as that is the last chapter in the volume..... I do hope we get at least 2 volumes out this time around.

mrsticky005
September 28, 2011, 08:27 PM
Well, it is next chapter that we find out if there will be a hiatus as that is the last chapter in the volume..... I do hope we get at least 2 volumes out this time around.

Agreed. Togashi has taken enough breaks as is.

joshua019
October 02, 2011, 09:40 AM
wat does he do when he goes on break???? does he have an illness or is he suffering a writers block???? or is he plain and simple a lazy bum?

mrsticky005
October 02, 2011, 12:28 PM
wat does he do when he goes on break???? does he have an illness or is he suffering a writers block???? or is he plain and simple a lazy bum?

Most likely he was working on the new HxH anime.

kkck
October 02, 2011, 05:08 PM
Nah, the only reason he goes on breaks is because the author plainly hates writing manga. Its actually that simple, he even went as far as making a doushinji were he pretty much states he stopped writing yu yu hakusho because he was lazy (hence the rushed ending). Apparently the guy got so stressed out while writing yu yu hakusho he had a meltdown or something. I can't honestly imagine why togashi would start writing hunter hunter if he simply does not want to do this, specially if he could as easily work animating stuff and other works.

Phantron
October 02, 2011, 09:32 PM
Just like Diego turned out to be a decoy, the guy you think is Togashi is a decoy too. The real Togashi is on a beach somewhere like the real Diego.

HXH's plot isn't something you can ad lib your way out of. For example I saw a post on how HXH would look like if it was done in the style of Bleach:

Step 1: Hunter introduces self.
Step 2: Ant introduces self.
Step 3: Hunter has upper hand.
Step 4: Ant says it's time to get serious.
Step 5: Hunter says it's time to use this ability that he wasn't plan on using.
Step 6: Replace Hunter and Ant, go back to step 1.

While it's a parody, it's far easier to come up with stuff if your story can be described by a formula. HXH is difficult to apply the same methods due to its relatively rigid worldview, so this places a lot of stress on the author to come up with a plausible outcome.

I saw an interview with Togashi last week that says there are 4 major arcs left after the Ant arc. Didn't say anything about his schedule, though.

kkck
October 02, 2011, 09:47 PM
Can you post the interview?

Phantron
October 02, 2011, 10:52 PM
It's an interview with Togashi and Oda of One Piece. There's not much information there, but I can translate it. Don't know where the original Japanese source is, though again it really doesn't say much. This happened before the Ant arc ended.

(seems like there's text before here...)
T: Yes, as an author for Shonen Jump, sometimes I feel lacking compared to you. (I assume this refers to the fact OP is the Iron Man of serialization)

O: Mr. T is too modest. When I was an assistant, I always loved your works for their originality.

T: I don't like stories based on formula. I always try to make things more interesting, more unexpected. I pay close attention to your work too. Your story is very emotional.

O: Haha, I usually make the character first, and then make the story to suit the character. What about you, Mr. T?

T: Sometimes I ran out of creativity and become tired. Usually I look from western movies, eastern wuxia (martial arts fiction), short stories, and legends for ideas.

O: I see. That's a great idea. Your characters are great. It must take a lot of effort to draw them?

T: Just a habit. Maybe I'm more influenced from old school.

O: The Ant arc is almost over? I think the latter half of the Ant arc is very special, and it gave me inspiration.

T: Thanks. I'm just drawing on and off, so there was a lot of break througout. I had some change in my style during the Ant arc. I'm impressed that One Piece always keeps the same style.

O: Sometimes I want to change my style, but it's risky. I'm sure Mr. T understands.

T: Yes, the publisher was concerned with the style of HXH and they are worried that the readers cannot accept, but I still pressed through. I want to show what I have in my mind clearly.

O: So, how far is HXH? Halfway?

T: It's hard to say. I have 5 or 6 stories in mind. If everything goes according to the plan, there should be at least 3 or 4 stories after the Ant arc. Of course sometimes unexpected things happen and mess up your plan. So, is One Piece over halfway done?

O: Yeah. I think I'm in too much of a rush. When a story is halfway done, I'm already thinking about the next story for my readers, so the story becomes rushed.

T: That means you never run out of creativity, which is a good thing.

O: The publisher helps a lot too. I usually tell them the general theme of the story, and they help me plan the details.

T: Shonen Jump has a lot of great works with a wide variety. Everything seems like they can go on for a long time. The new guys all have a sharp mind.

O: One Piece once worked with Toriko for a special. I think his (Toriko) work is very similar to early HXH. He must be influenced by Mr. T.

T: I feel the same, but my worldview is bigger than his. That's kind of like One Piece. Haha.

O: I see Mr. T is still a friendly guy.

Uriel
October 02, 2011, 11:06 PM
Well, now I have no doubts why those are both my favorite mangakas xD

mak123
October 03, 2011, 12:09 PM
Haha, 4 arcs? How many years did it take to draw the chimera arc? 8 years? So 8*4= 32 years?

Netero
October 03, 2011, 01:29 PM
Oda and Togashi are my favorite mangakas.

Host Samurai
October 03, 2011, 02:16 PM
Let's hope that Togashi's plan gets messed up in a good way so that, he must make more Arcs then he previously planned. I'm definetly digging his new style - there were great and shows his versatility/creativity. Here are some examples: http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter277/153510-6.html
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter284/153521-13.html
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter284/153521-15.html

Netero
October 03, 2011, 04:23 PM
Let's hope that Togashi's plan gets messed up in a good way so that, he must make more Arcs then he previously planned. I'm definetly digging his new style - there were great and shows his versatility/creativity. Here are some examples: http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter277/153510-6.html
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter284/153521-13.html
http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter284/153521-15.html

I really like how Togashi drew Knuckle in chapter 284 and I especially like page 15.

ish3
October 03, 2011, 11:50 PM
This reminds me of this interview I don't want to link it since it's pretty old but Inoue Takehiko and Eichiro Oda had a very similar interview. Same with akira toriyama. A lot of the veterans from shonen have this calm relaxed idea of how they want their stories to go and funny enough they same to have a greater idea of the story then we think.

Inoue also talked to Oda with praise. Most of the veterans somewhat praise Oda for keeping his constant creativity and style without changing much of the theme. Although Takehiko is currently in a rut with Vagabond (like Togashi claimed he tends to be in) he continues to write REAL his other manga.

Well back on topic something about the next 3 to 4 arcs.....I have a feeling that it will be more like 5 to 6. Also after Gon is healed and they choose the next President of the Hunter Association we may have some sort of timeskip as for how long who knows. Keep in mind it wouldn't happen any time soon and this is just a theory.

Also am I the only one who thought that during the story so far Gon had turned 14 and about 2 years had passed since the story began? A lot of time has gone by and the fact he's still 12 is mind boggling. In strength, aura, knowledge, and how they can feel out most situations Gon and Killua have tremendously grown. Especially compared to the York Shin arc. I would have thought it was years along the line but they're still the same age. I find it fascinating.

Phantron
October 04, 2011, 02:09 AM
Interviews like these don't tend to be very interesting. It's not like someone is going to say "I think your work totally sucks" to another fellow author, even if that's what they really thought. I don't think this interview would've gotten any attention if not for the fact Togashi mentions there are indeed plans after the Ant arc to go on for a while. Most people have big ideas when they design something. Whether they can put that together is another issue altogether.

I think only one year has passed. There's a second Hunter exam that Killua took around the middle of the GI arc, and doesn't look like there's enough time for another year after that.

~Andrew~
October 04, 2011, 04:06 AM
Well, after reading the Interview, I still can't predict if he'll take no breaks anymore or less breaks oor shorter breaks. lol
He is an artist of the highest tier (in his category) and when he needs time to "refill" his creativity then he simply takes his time, most people in japan aren't taking much hiatus/holidays because they're afraid of loosing their jobs, right? But if the Publisher or whoever is taking too much pressure on an artist the result won't be good (in terms of quality and the artist's mentality which will undoubtly influence the Mangaka's work).

That's the answer I searched for. He needs creativity and that's why he's taking the hiatus and I believe it's the true reason for the breaks. If he would force himself to keep drawing story's without much creativity than his work wouldn't be true anymore, that's how I see it.
I wouldn't want to read a half-hearted HxH anyway.

mrsticky005
October 04, 2011, 03:04 PM
Nah, the only reason he goes on breaks is because the author plainly hates writing manga. Its actually that simple, he even went as far as making a doushinji were he pretty much states he stopped writing yu yu hakusho because he was lazy (hence the rushed ending). Apparently the guy got so stressed out while writing yu yu hakusho he had a meltdown or something. I can't honestly imagine why togashi would start writing hunter hunter if he simply does not want to do this, specially if he could as easily work animating stuff and other works.

I don't agree. I think the whole Togashi hates the fans and is lazy is a angry fan theory.

Togashi working on the anime makes a lot more sense because

1. The anime is reboot and has restart the anime from episode 1
2. Togashi is overseeing the anime. Hence why it's closer to the manga
3. Anime's take time to create. Not just production work but all the legalities
4. There was also the Level E anime which Togashi probably spent time on

I mean it's seems like a pretty major coincidence that as soon as Hunter x Hunter
returns to Shonen Jump we get news of a Hunter x Hunter anime and also the
anime pretty much starts when the Chimera Ant arc ends. Which leads me to
believe that the Chimera Ant arc WILL be animated. Which would have taken
up more of Togashi's time.

Plus there's spending time with his wife and having a life outside manga.

Also doesn't Togashi draw the manga himself?
That right there proves Togashi is NOT lazy when it comes to manga.

~Andrew~
October 05, 2011, 05:36 AM
So, no Hiatus this time? Or is it the Chapter next Week where the Hiatus would normally start?

Great Chapter Anyway.
Also giving my Likes to Phantrons post.
Cheers.

Uriel
October 05, 2011, 10:38 AM
I think we can expect at least 10 more chapters. :D

Schabrak
October 05, 2011, 10:57 AM
Andrew, you keep asking, just wait for it to happen, it will very likely happen some time in the future, why should he have changed his attitude now?^^

mrsticky005
Wow he's drawing his manga himself? oO People haven't argued so much about his sketchy style at times as much about his brakes. Togashi rarely drew backgrounds or if than not complicated ones for a long time, so there's no need for an assistent or at least a permanently employed one.

Phantron
October 05, 2011, 12:35 PM
Pretty sure Togashi has no assistants but that's his problem, not my problem. It's not like he can't afford them.

~Andrew~
October 05, 2011, 02:03 PM
Andrew, you keep asking, just wait for it to happen, it will very likely happen some time in the future, why should he have changed his attitude now?^^

I know, I'm sorry. ):
I'm dreaming of a "Hiatus-free" HxH, heh. I'm just chasing rainbows, but hope dies last, right? :D

Well, it's a bit Off-topic but I just watched the new HxH Anime and I'm so looking forward to see some epic fights plus the Music is cool, too.

mrsticky005
October 05, 2011, 03:46 PM
Pretty sure Togashi has no assistants but that's his problem, not my problem. It's not like he can't afford them.

Honestly I wish he did have assistants. It would help the artwork especially when he's not drawing so well. Though at the same time I don't blame him. I mean if I could draw a manga
or comic all by myself that was as good quality as Hunter x Hunter I just might do that.
I mean in spite of the sketchiness sometimes Togashi can draw. He's just inconsistent.

Schabrak
October 05, 2011, 04:02 PM
There's also the possiblity that he just wants to put the emphasis on the written text and the characters expressions instead of some door, desk, etc. It's a bit the opposite to Miura with his mighty double spreads.^^ We should further the discussion in the Hangout thread, before it's completely off-topic.

Phantron
October 05, 2011, 04:11 PM
Honestly I wish he did have assistants. It would help the artwork especially when he's not drawing so well. Though at the same time I don't blame him. I mean if I could draw a manga
or comic all by myself that was as good quality as Hunter x Hunter I just might do that.
I mean in spite of the sketchiness sometimes Togashi can draw. He's just inconsistent.

I assume he doesn't have assistants because they might interfere with his creativity, or they might not draw in the style he wants. But that's his choice so I don't see it as an excuse when people complain the apparent lack of polish on the drawing themselves.

mrsticky005
October 05, 2011, 05:57 PM
I assume he doesn't have assistants because they might interfere with his creativity, or they might not draw in the style he wants. But that's his choice so I don't see it as an excuse when people complain the apparent lack of polish on the drawing themselves.

I wasn't saying that it's an excuse for his "lack of polish".

I was saying that if he's drawing and writing a manga by himself he's not lazy.

Of course someone will say "I could draw 318 chapters in x many years it took Togashi."

Of course you could. But can you make those 318 chapters worth reading?
Also could you actually get people to read them? Of course Togashi has
Shonen Jump to help him with that. But it's not easy to get published by them.

Plus he also wrote and drew Yu Yu Hakusho. Which isn't that over 20 volumes long?

If Togashi was lazy he would have quit a long time ago.

Schabrak
October 05, 2011, 06:00 PM
Nobody is questioning his ability to work as a mangaka.

And because other mangaka use assistents for backgrounds they could be lazy? Don't try to make him look better than those with assistens please. No mangaka can be lazy with their weekly shedules, monthly series may have some more air though. I wont rate any, as we simply don't know them and their labor conditions personally.

I don't see the connection between work and being lazy in the last part. You can do both. :O If you got enough wealth you don't have to care if you do your work lazily or not, as it will sell anyway. Not that this example can be used on him, I don't even care. I'm accustomed to this style, and we as the readers have to simply accept it, stop complaining over and over again, get over it or simply stop reading.

mrsticky005
October 05, 2011, 06:10 PM
Nobody is questioning his ability to work as a mangaka.

And because other mangaka use assistents for backgrounds they could be lazy? Don't try to make him look better than those with assistens please. No mangaka can be lazy with their weekly shedules, monthly series may have some more air though.

I never said those mangaka who use assistants are lazy. I'm saying Togashi isn't lazy. There's a difference.

Schabrak
October 05, 2011, 06:19 PM
You don't know neither do I, that's another difference. I hope he isn't. :D

Taking brakes no other mangaka can dare to ask for, does make him look lazy in the views of a big part of his followers, not if he still has so much more to explain and show in his now long-running series.

kkck
October 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
http://medoroa.net/dojinshi/yoshi10.jpg

This is the doushinji I mentioned earlier. Togashi made a point that he was literally sick of writing manga and early on it caused him a meltdown.

Phantron
October 05, 2011, 07:10 PM
I've seen people take similar or longer breaks than Togashi. It's just those guys usually get fired so you don't hear much about them. If Togashi is a normal no-name, then what's most likely going to happen is Gin will jump down from a parachute and defeat Meryem and the whole story would end there, and Togashi would be kicked off whatever weekly he's on. However, since Togashi's ability to generate sales is significant, nobody is going to kick him off the serial since HXH is still pretty much money in the bank even if you only get 1 volume worth of stuff every year.

In most popular serialis, if your work stops being popular, you'd get some kind of ultamatium to finish the entire story in about ~10 chapters. Normally if you stopped drawing for an year or two, it quickly falls off the popularity chart. HXH is a notable exception.

Schabrak
October 05, 2011, 07:24 PM
I feel like those points were made in the last pages already, so there's no need to repeat Imo. He's most probably the most "free" mangaka producing manga today, if he were so sick of manga, he shouldn't/wouldn't have started with HxH to begin with.

mrsticky005
October 05, 2011, 08:32 PM
You don't know neither do I, that's another difference. I hope he isn't. :D

Taking brakes no other mangaka can dare to ask for, does make him look lazy in the views of a big part of his followers, not if he still has so much more to explain and show in his now long-running series.

I know he's not lazy because he's written and drawn roughly 50 volumes of manga.
20 for Yu Yu Hakusho. 30 for HxH. Yes it took him a long time and yes there are others
who have written and drawn more. But 50 volumes is still a lot to write and draw.

Maybe Togashi IS just taking breaks for the sake of taking a break. Though it's just baseless speculation fueled by the frustration of fans. And even if he is fine by me. I much rather wait and get good quality HxH then to get bad quality HxH.

I think the whole "Togashi hates the fans" is just silly. The chapters that looked like
scribbles may seem like Togashi just doesn't care but to me it's the opposite.
Togashi is trying to draw a manga even though then he wasn't at his best.
The fact that Togashi redrew those chapters is proof that Togashi does care.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason why Togashi takes long breaks
is because he's trying to make the story the best it can be. I mean his interview
with Oda said he sometimes gets stumped. If Togashi was lazy he would never
get stumped because he can just follow a formula.

Goral
November 22, 2011, 10:21 AM
Zeromcd has written a great post that fits here perfectly:

Excuse my bad math >.>

2011 Series Absences
Hunter X Hunter: 31
One Piece: 5
Naruto: 1
Bleach: 1
Toriko: 1
Inumaru Dashi: 1
Bakuman: 1
Total Absences = 41

2010 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 28
One Piece: 8
Naruto: 3
Bleach: 3
Toriko: 2
Gintama: 2
Bakuman: 1
Total Absences = 47

2009 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 47
D.Gray-Man: 12
One Piece: 7
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 3
Toriko: 2
Total Absences = 73

2008 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 28
D.Gray-Man: 8
One Piece: 4
Naruto: 2
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 1
Gintama: 1
Barihaken: 1
Total Absences = 46

2007 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 41
D.Gray-Man: 9
Prince of Tennis: 6
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 4
Shinsetsu Bobobo: 1
Total Absences = 65

2006 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 44
D.Gray-Man: 17
Prince of Tennis: 16
Beshari Gurashi: 7
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 5
Shinsetsu Bobobo: 2
Death Note: 1
Gintama: 1
Mr. Fullswing: 1
Total Absences = 99

2005 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 17
Death Note: 8
D.Gray-Man: 6
Prince of Tennis: 3
One Piece: 3
Busou Renkin: 2
Bleach: 2
Bobobo: 2
Beshari Gurashi: 1
Mr. Fullswing: 1
Total Absences: 55

2004 Series Absences
Hunter x Hunter: 26
Busou Renkin: 8
Mr. Fullswing: 5
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 5
Prince of Tennis: 4
One Piece: 3
Bleach: 2
Shaman King: 2
Death Note: 1
Black Cat: 1
Total Absences: 60

2003 Series Absences
Rookies: 14
Hunter x Hunter: 10
Mr. Fullswing: 5
Shaman King: 4
Hikaru no Go: 4
Prince of Tennis: 3
One Piece:3
Yu-Gi-Oh: 3
Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: 3
Black Cat: 2
Kanagawa: 2
Ichigo 100%: 1
Pretty Face: 1
Busou Renkin: 1
Total Absences: 57

Schabrak
November 22, 2011, 01:46 PM
You could have deleted all the other series to make it clearer; reposting whole posts, one that's not even two hour old is meh Imo.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2605/hxhhiatus.png
source:Comicpress.com (http://comipress.com/article/2007/02/11/1492) + edit by me :P

kkck
November 24, 2011, 12:52 AM
Well, we are slowly approaching the end of the volume and 2 volumes is the most he has published in the last couple of years. More so, there are just about enough chapters left for him to complete a volume before the christmas break. I get the impression he plans on going on a hiatus once he hits 329.... What I am wondering about is on whether he intends on going on year long hiatuses again. He already said in an interview that he has around 4 more arcs planned for the manga which is not doable if he keeps working at the pace he is.

Tombadgerlock
November 24, 2011, 07:09 AM
Well, as all of you i really hope he is going to take less breaks for the next couple of years.

I do think that the Ant Arc was something he had a hard time going through, especially the middle phase. Also, Togashi might be an exception when it comes to Shonen pacing, but keep in mind that many, many Josey, Shoujo, Seinen have the same publification rhythm (Bastard!, Berserk!, Nana....).

~Andrew~
December 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
I've got a good feeling this time.
Maybe he's gonna take a break after 329/330 had been released to celebrate new year with his family and their friends. 330/331 will be released 1-2 weeks afterwards.
That would be the way the other Mangakas are going to do it, right?

That's a bit ...dunno...unrealistic....but one can dream, rite?

Besides, the Story is now back to the HxH before Chimera Ant Arc started and I guess it's no big deal for him to write these storys considering that he still intends to write 4-5 more stories.
And his Anime rebooted and looks pretty epic, too. He's helping the Anime-team himself, wich is a good sign for his motivation.

He should take more, but short breaks like 2 Weaks like the other Mangakas.
The Chimera Ant Arc forced him to refill his creativity every now and then, as he stated.
But now that things are back to normal, he will probably suprise us.

I'm a bit too optimistic, but even if he'll take a break again after 329/330 had been released, we should be grateful for the double amount of work he did this time.

Due to new year everyone will take a break, right? But yeah, I'm getting all fired up again, so I stop right here xD
Let's wait and see, comrades.

Ciao

ErosVp
December 10, 2011, 10:31 AM
Every time I check my subscribed threads and there is a new post here I fear for the worst! We all know it is a matter of time.... but I'm hoping Togashi will complete this arc, since it is so well paced....

Host Samurai
December 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
Seriously, you guys gave me a heart attack. I sincerely thought that some news regarding the inevitable hiatus surfaced here...

zelllogan
December 10, 2011, 02:27 PM
Every time I check my subscribed threads and there is a new post here I fear for the worst!
FEARRRRRR AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN

Goral
February 21, 2012, 12:14 PM
Don't have time to write long(ish) posts but I can copy paste and this bit (taken from Animesuki forum) is disturbing:

Apparently in the latest author column he says he's getting influenza

or maybe that's just Togashi slang for this

http://andriasang.com/con010/dqx_beta/

Zvane
February 21, 2012, 12:40 PM
He's such a fucking hiatus worshipper ¬¬

Uriel
February 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
I read that as well, but since there is Hiatus already this week due SJ I wont take that announcement serious and just a tease by some fans.

Goral
March 14, 2012, 04:39 AM
Hiatus - AGAIN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-14/hunter-x-hunter-manga-longest-uninterrupted-run-to-end

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

I guess he wants tp play Legend of Zelda.

Crude
March 14, 2012, 06:35 AM
So we get some good news and some bad news, good news being the movie announcement and the bad news being this hiatus. At least Togashi had a long run this time. Here's hoping the hiatus won't last that long. I really need my HxH fix!!

Bomber D Rufi
March 14, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hiatus - AGAIN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-14/hunter-x-hunter-manga-longest-uninterrupted-run-to-end

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

I guess he wants tp play Legend of Zelda.

The message on the end of the chapter is a bit different. It seems to stress the fact that it will be a short one rather than a 'dunno when it'll be back' hiatus. Does anyone have a raw with a previous hiatus and the text so we can compare?

TemplateR
March 14, 2012, 07:06 AM
The message on the end of the chapter is a bit different. It seems to stress the fact that it will be a short one rather than a 'dunno when it'll be back' hiatus. Does anyone have a raw with a previous hiatus and the text so we can compare?

Here is the last page of the Raw: http://raw.senmanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/340/18

Bomber D Rufi
March 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
Here is the last page of the Raw: http://raw.senmanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/340/18

I meant another raw from another hiatus. Maybe chapter 310 or something.

Foreva
March 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/s6oroy.png
The hiatus message in this chapter is just the usual HxH message that has been used over the years. It's impossible to read into it. Jump editors probably even created a template for it so that whenever Togashi tells them he's gonna take a break, they will just copy and paste to save time. I think he'll be back soon though, since he and some corporation reached an agreement to merchandise HxH-related products 2 months ago.

Bomber D Rufi
March 14, 2012, 09:01 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/s6oroy.png
The hiatus message in this chapter is just the usual HxH message that has been used over the years. It's impossible to read into it. Jump editors probably even created a template for it so that whenever Togashi tells them he's gonna take a break, they will just copy and paste to save time. I think he'll be back soon though, since he and some corporation reached an agreement to merchandise HxH-related products 2 months ago.

Yeah, someone else posted it for me. It is the normal message with one word omitted I think.

Oh well, at least it was a great run while it lasted. Since the art stayed pretty consistent until the end, I think he may actually be improving the art rather than just slacking off.

And besides we still have the anime to talk about this time around so not all is lost. :)

fanatik
March 15, 2012, 01:42 AM
The thread's name needs to be changed to CURRENTY. Damnitall...

BlackListHunter
March 15, 2012, 07:00 AM
Would be awesome if one of the reasons for the hiatus was so that togashi could help out with the movie script
(a man can dream right :P )

Uriel
March 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Would be awesome if one of the reasons for the hiatus was so that togashi could help out with the movie script
(a man can dream right :P )
He probably will revise a bit since I'm sure He doesn't want to fight with the animators again. And probably He will try to take care of who works in this.

The Hiatus will probably be due his volume re-drawings.

susanoo13
March 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
Where was it stated that he had fights with animators?
Did it happen in YYH or in HxH, if in the latter so that makes Furuhashi the director of the first HxH anime fight a second Jump hit mangaka since Watsuki had a fight with the animators of Kenshin which was also directed by Furuhashi IIRC.

Uriel
March 15, 2012, 11:24 AM
Stated? No, rumored that He fought with Nippon animation because of the liberties they took on the adaptation.

Zvane
March 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
God! I hate him, I could kill him.....too bad that'd mean no more HxH ever....

he's such a hiatus worshipper

Uriel
March 15, 2012, 07:42 PM
God! I hate him, I could kill him.....too bad that'd mean no more HxH ever....
he's such a hiatus worshipper
Whore. He's a Hiatus Whore. Not the same.
And Hate is a harsh word to use. Give him a second 30th chance to not screwing it again.

Everyone had low hopes for this arc and turned out one of the best. They were expecting for Togashi to break after 10 chapters and yet He surpassed that. He even approved a movie and the anime is doing quite well. Not only that, but He committed publicly to work hard to help Japan.
I'm SURE it wont take long.

Goral
March 16, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY) -> Hiatus or Hiatus (CURRENTLY)

TemplateR
March 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
Hiatus (NOT CURRENTLY) -> Hiatus or Hiatus (CURRENTLY)

More Hiatus X Hiatus (CURRENTLY) xD

Kizo
March 16, 2012, 05:50 PM
For anyone interested, I've written an article (http://shonenbeam.com/2012/03/16/another-hiatus-for-hunter-x-hunter/) regarding this latest hiatus and the plot developments of the last 30 chapters. The article also features some interesting statistics regarding all the time Togashi has missed. (Please be aware, the article also contains spoilers for chapters 311-340.)

I seriously hope this hiatus won't last as long as the last one.

Netero
March 16, 2012, 06:00 PM
Nice article Kizo.

Crude
March 16, 2012, 06:58 PM
More Hiatus X Hiatus (CURRENTLY) xD

Hiatus x Hiatus would be an awesome name for this thread :D

MegamanX195
March 17, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hiatus x Hiatus would be an awesome name for this thread :D

And there ya go.

Crude
March 17, 2012, 10:39 AM
Haha awesome :)!

there76
April 07, 2012, 07:14 PM
Being a Hunter X hunter fan is like being an abused wife. You know that the your husband is hurting you, but you keep going back.

TheAmericandream
April 07, 2012, 08:10 PM
Ha Ha, I wouldn't go that far. It's like having a dead beat dad. He;s good to you when he's around. Then he leaves and you grow resentful. In the end Togashi is a lot like Ging.

there76
April 07, 2012, 08:19 PM
Hopefully he doesn't take another hiatus until the next arc is done, but who am I kidding.

TheAmericandream
April 07, 2012, 09:16 PM
Im glad he took it after ending 2 arcs. not mid arc. I just hope he comes back soonish, and its with some amazing chapters. i want to see particular things expanded on in the universe and see Gon develop his abilties more. I know Killua was always ahead of Gon but I feel in NGL, Killua's nen abilities far outshine Gon's JaJanken, so I want him to learn something to make it more versatile or something.

there76
April 07, 2012, 09:45 PM
Im glad he took it after ending 2 arcs. not mid arc. I just hope he comes back soonish, and its with some amazing chapters. i want to see particular things expanded on in the universe and see Gon develop his abilties more. I know Killua was always ahead of Gon but I feel in NGL, Killua's nen abilities far outshine Gon's JaJanken, so I want him to learn something to make it more versatile or something.

That is probably why they were separated. As long as they were together, Killua would have been one step ahead of Gon. Killua will be back when his family come into play. I am guessing there will be an arc revolving around Killua vs Illumi, and that's when Gon will reunite with him. I wonder if there is a time skip coming up though? I am kind of torn whether or not I like the idea of one.

TheAmericandream
April 07, 2012, 11:15 PM
Gon is cute. I refuse to let go of cute adorable Gon. basically my reasoning behind not wanting a time skip. I don't care for changing characters designs much. I guess I'm just picky that way. I am sure Japanese were the same way about Goku in Japan with Dragonball. And in that case I prefer Younger Goku over older.

there76
April 07, 2012, 11:22 PM
Gon is cute. I refuse to let go of cute adorable Gon. basically my reasoning behind not wanting a time skip. I don't care for changing characters designs much. I guess I'm just picky that way. I am sure Japanese were the same way about Goku in Japan with Dragonball. And in that case I prefer Younger Goku over older.
I don't think there will be a timeskip. It doesn't fit with the series themes.

futurefrog
April 07, 2012, 11:48 PM
If there is a time skip, it won't be to age or redesign the characters significantly, but to strengthen characters and move along the storyline faster off panel (Togashi did this in YYH).

there76
April 08, 2012, 12:00 AM
If there is a time skip, it won't be to age or redesign the characters significantly, but to strengthen characters and move along the storyline faster off panel (Togashi did this in YYH).

Yeah, I don't see him doing an older version of the character until maybe at the very end.

TheAmericandream
April 08, 2012, 12:34 AM
I hope so. I am too close to cute adorable Gon. If they were aged up to 15 I could see them looking relatively the same actually.

Uriel
April 08, 2012, 09:28 AM
LOL, I'm always one of the supporters of the timeskip in every manga. Don't know, why, I actually like that things changes offscreen and trying to figure out how works now and the new relationships.

futurefrog
April 08, 2012, 06:30 PM
Timeskips are good, but only when they serve a purpose in my opinion.
One Piece timeskip = Bring all Strawhats together for New World adventure
Bleach timeskip = No difference really besides a few character redesigns lol

If HxH did one, it would need a strong purpose otherwise we'd just end up with a BS timeskip like Bleach that meant nothing in the long run.

there76
April 08, 2012, 06:38 PM
Timeskips for timeskips sake is just lazy writing.

futurefrog
April 08, 2012, 06:50 PM
Exactly. If Togashi does a time skip that has a purpose then I will be happy with one.

there76
April 08, 2012, 07:01 PM
Exactly. If Togashi does a time skip that has a purpose then I will be happy with one.

Though I'll still be sad in a nostalgic sense.

futurefrog
April 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
Though I'll still be sad in a nostalgic sense.

Yeah. I guess it depends upon how it's handled. If we just skip forward and suffer through the painful 'reintroductions' of the characters, than it would suck.
If he skips forward say a year, the character designs don't change dramatically and we get the plot progressed off panel to the point where Beyond is ready to attempt to enter the Outside and everyone is ready to combat him. That would cut out the unnecessary in between time that really won't be that interesting and get us straight to what we want to see. That is something I'd both appreciate and enjoy, because it'd have a purpose. The purpose being to pass over the uninteresting bits and get to the point (something Togashi has done before in the past, most notably the final phase of the Hunter Exam). We will see what happens.

there76
April 16, 2012, 11:37 PM
Worst part about this hiatus is that you don't know when it's coming back. It just makes the waiting so much slower. It's only been a month, but it feel like a year.

Netero
April 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
Wow... it feels like it's been forever since the last manga chapter lol. Hopefully Togashi returns in a few months. Well in the meantime at least we got the anime to watch.

Uriel
April 17, 2012, 04:39 AM
I originally said two months, I'll stick with my original prediction. Just one more to go.

Akia999
April 17, 2012, 05:21 AM
I just finally got myself cured from "HxH manga withdrawal" .The last thing I want is to be reminded again...

thatguy3331
April 17, 2012, 06:28 PM
I just finally got myself cured from "HxH manga withdrawal" .The last thing I want is to be reminded again...

Then comming here wasn't your best choice mate.

as far as timeskips, I'm not really a fan of em unless they are nessesary. I really wasn't that happy when I initally learned OP was gonna get a time skip, but it acctually turned out for the better sofar. as future said, bleach's as of now was sort of pointless.

togashi being togashi, I can easliy see him making the timeskip nessesary, but I personally liked the fact that Gon was a kid traveling in a big world. I remember way back when I was a kid that I would always say "adults and teens get all the fun, saving the world and fighting off real threats *none of that spykids BS* let us kids have some action too!" So Gon and in a odd way Killua sort of live out that old ambition of mine, and seeing them grown would kill it.

as long as its nessesary (and dosn't do a drastic change on us) I'll be fine XD

I'm also really hoping its only another month before its back. I just got off my withdrawl too, but while I'm enjoying the new anime, everynow and then, its like a pendulum blade of doom waiting to strike the rope of disaster if togashi went on a break so long, the new anime would be close to catching up. maybe I'm being too paranoid about it but thats just me.

there76
April 17, 2012, 06:36 PM
Then comming here wasn't your best choice mate.

as far as timeskips, I'm not really a fan of em unless they are nessesary. I really wasn't that happy when I initally learned OP was gonna get a time skip, but it acctually turned out for the better sofar. as future said, bleach's as of now was sort of pointless.

togashi being togashi, I can easliy see him making the timeskip nessesary, but I personally liked the fact that Gon was a kid traveling in a big world. I remember way back when I was a kid that I would always say "adults and teens get all the fun, saving the world and fighting off real threats *none of that spykids BS* let us kids have some action too!" So Gon and in a odd way Killua sort of live out that old ambition of mine, and seeing them grown would kill it.

as long as its nessesary (and dosn't do a drastic change on us) I'll be fine XD

I'm also really hoping its only another month before its back. I just got off my withdrawl too, but while I'm enjoying the new anime, everynow and then, its like a pendulum blade of doom waiting to strike the rope of disaster if togashi went on a break so long, the new anime would be close to catching up. maybe I'm being too paranoid about it but thats just me.

Well the anime won't catch up to where we now until at least some time in 2014. So, I don't think that will be much of a problem, but I still want to know where the manga goes from here. It is still a bit open ended about what the next arc will be. We know that the zodiac 12(or 10 now) is going to be after the netero's son, but that doesn't really say much. I also wonder what Gon's role in this will be in this will be? Is there going to be dual story going on, one where Kurapika is the focus, and another where Gon is? Will be reunited? Will Leorio ever stop procrastinating on medical school? Will the four ever be reunited with one another before the century is out?

Netero
April 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
Speaking of Leorio. I hope we get see him fight someday....

there76
April 17, 2012, 07:49 PM
Speaking of Leorio. I hope we get see him fight someday....

That one punch is all we are going to get.

futurefrog
April 17, 2012, 07:53 PM
Leorio isn't a fighter, to be honest I don't want to see him fight. I want to see him accomplish his dream, which has nothing to do with combat.

TheAmericandream
April 17, 2012, 08:25 PM
I agree with futurefrog mostly, its just going to be a long road, and I hope we actually get to see some of it. Like what school is he accepted to? What is being a doctor like in the Hunter x Hunter world? etc.

Though I would love to see his nen further developed badly. Maybe he can use his nen for being a Doctor? That'd be awesome to me. I mostly just want more development for his character even though I know he's a side character.

futurefrog
April 17, 2012, 11:45 PM
I agree with futurefrog mostly, its just going to be a long road, and I hope we actually get to see some of it. Like what school is he accepted to? What is being a doctor like in the Hunter x Hunter world? etc.

Though I would love to see his nen further developed badly. Maybe he can use his nen for being a Doctor? That'd be awesome to me. I mostly just want more development for his character even though I know he's a side character.

I was thinking about his ability, from what we have seen it spawned a nen fist. Perhaps he is capable of spawning more hands in medical aid? Perhaps something not unlike Nico Robin's ability in One Piece. Any one else thing he can use this ability for more than long distance punching?

mrsticky005
April 18, 2012, 12:15 AM
I think Leorio will only become a doctor after a time skip since it would take years of schooling.

Anywho Leorio's ability is perfect for him.

He can do surgery with his emission hands while doing a through examination on all the hot nurses with his own hands. At the same time.

Now that's multitasking!

futurefrog
April 18, 2012, 07:14 AM
I like to think that Leorio will play a major part in whatever the final arc may be. I imagine some moment in which he saves Gon or maybe Kurapika with his medical expertise he has learned. I would prefer Kurapika though.

mrsticky005
April 19, 2012, 05:38 PM
There will have to be a time skip though for Leorio to be a doctor.

there76
April 19, 2012, 05:58 PM
There will have to be a time skip though for Leorio to be a doctor.

They are going to kill him off obviously.

TheAmericandream
April 19, 2012, 08:49 PM
:p you trollin'? If we don't get more Leorio being awesome, I'll honestly rage. Note I thought Leorio driving the car down stairs in the 1999 anime "awesome" or Leorio tricking the Spiders into thinking he's yelling over the phone awesome.

there76
April 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
:p you trollin'? If we don't get more Leorio being awesome, I'll honestly rage. Note I thought Leorio driving the car down stairs in the 1999 anime "awesome" or Leorio tricking the Spiders into thinking he's yelling over the phone awesome.

Whatgave it away? The Leorio avatar or the Leorio signature?

Leorio should be in the next arc, would be a shame for him to go off to "study"(Like he really is doing any of that) once again. Sure he can become a doctor in the end, it doesn't mean he can't go off adventuring every now and again. It also seems that he regrets not helping Gon, so there is a perfect excuse for him to join up again.

Netero
April 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
Gon and Leorio! journey to the Dark Continent... make it happen Togashi. :3c

there76
April 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
Gon and Leorio! journey to the Dark Continent... make it happen Togashi. :3c

Gon, Gin, and Leorio! Kurapika will come eventually, but he is going to ignore everybody for the next 20 chapters like he usually does.

futurefrog
April 19, 2012, 09:08 PM
Leorio for Chairman! Oh wait...

there76
April 19, 2012, 09:10 PM
Leorio for Chairman! Oh wait...

Kind of wish he was chairman, it would have made things interesting.

Uriel
April 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
get.back.to.topic.

GingFuriksu
May 21, 2013, 06:19 PM
GODDAMN !! Still no return ?! Its been like 15 months.

futurefrog
May 22, 2013, 12:42 AM

Sucks to say this but the Kurapika chapters counted as a return.

GingFuriksu
May 22, 2013, 12:56 AM
Sucks to say this but the Kurapika chapters counted as a return.

Not in my book. A return for ME is chapter 341.

Dark Matter
May 27, 2013, 07:59 AM

Just hope this hiatus doesn't last too long. I don't mind if they put a filler arc just so long as it's not super pointless, but I'd be a bit disappointed if we got an original ending when I want the remake to follow the material source all the way to the end.

The Invertroid
May 30, 2013, 12:01 PM
For all we know, Togashi could be slowing drawing the manga right now, and is waiting until he gets ahead by a few chapters before sending them off to Jump for publishing.

Then again, that's probably wishful thinking. I just find it hard to believe he doesn't draw anything HxH related during his hiatuses. Maybe he works on planning his future chapters with storyboards, or something.

TheBoss
May 30, 2013, 12:06 PM
Well he definitely likes making HxH otherwise he would have pulled a YuYu Hakusho on us already ^^
I like to think that he is planning the whole arc and wont come back until he likes what he came up with.

Antxon Kolokon
May 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
I will be surprised if he stays for more than 30 weeks. Last time he wrote 30 chapters, the art went back to scribbles. 20-30 is my bet. I don't think he'll draw only 10.
Since the big hiatus era started, he's been doing more and more each time he's back.
From 261 to 270; then from 271 to 281; from 281 to 291. All those were for 10 chapters, and it was scheduled like that by WSJ. (We were told that it only resumed for 10 weeks.)
After that, it was the 20 chapters from 291 to 310. The last time he draw HxH, it was for 30 chapters, ending the Chimera Ant arc and the Election arc. (And it was his longest run without taking breaks.)
That's why I think it should be 20-30ish this time. I don't think he can take 40 without breaks, to be honest.

Kaigan
June 01, 2013, 01:09 PM
Notice that he does this for every Major new ability/skill to introduce plus it researching something that is new and unique. And the next arc is suppose to be crazy cause of the understanding that the earth current land mass is not the total land mass and the Chimera ants are basic like ant to the beings in the "Outside" world. I would imagine new Nen applications and maybe just new techs overall.

KingOfNight
June 01, 2013, 01:13 PM
Notice that he does this for every Major new ability/skill to introduce plus it researching something that is new and unique. And the next arc is suppose to be crazy cause of the understanding that the earth current land mass is not the total land mass and the Chimera ants are basic like ant to the beings in the "Outside" world. I would imagine new Nen applications and maybe just new techs overall.

If the Chimera Ants are just common ants in the outside world, then that would be the stupidest thing Togashi will do in HxH.

TheBoss
June 01, 2013, 01:26 PM
If the Chimera Ants are just common ants in the outside world, then that would be the stupidest thing Togashi will do in HxH.
Well tecnically they are, but when they consume humans...

KingOfNight
June 01, 2013, 01:46 PM
Well tecnically they are, but when they consume humans...

If as normal little Ants, okay, I guess that's fine. But if even Meruem is considered a mere fodder, than heeeeeell no.

shionoro
June 02, 2013, 02:09 PM
i also think that stuff like the ants or alluka are nothing special on the dark continent.

theere must be a reason why it is dark after all, if it was just a place like anywhere else, humans would have conquered it

The Invertroid
June 02, 2013, 05:03 PM
I've always hated when there is an outrageous boast in the overall power of characters in an anime series like Dragon Ball Z. It not only diminishes awesome characters from previous arcs, but forces the current caste to go through unrealistic power increases just to keep up. I trust Togashi can make the Dark Continent interesting and intimidating without resort to making the Chimera Ants look like nothing.

KingOfNight
June 03, 2013, 01:27 AM
I've always hated when there is an outrageous boast in the overall power of characters in an anime series like Dragon Ball Z. It not only diminishes awesome characters from previous arcs, but forces the current caste to go through unrealistic power increases just to keep up. I trust Togashi can make the Dark Continent interesting and intimidating without resort to making the Chimera Ants look like nothing.

Exactly! Just like Yu Yu Hakusho (spoiler if you didn't read it). Toguro was like the strongest thing in the series, then, an arc later. He became even worse than fodder. In fact, thousands of people who are thousands of times stronger than him, are but pitiful servants who get's one-shotted with ease. In order to keep up, Yusuke went through the most ridiculous among the most ridiculous power ups ever known.

I hope Togashi doesn't do that shit again...

Demonspeed
June 21, 2013, 06:24 AM
So? With Sket Dance which ends in two weeks Togashi could return right? Don't say me that a new manga will be published... WIth Kaito's death and all it's the perfect moment to return !

Schabrak
June 24, 2013, 05:04 AM
Since the ant arc was released a couple months ago, while considering Togashi's care for momentum of the anime series, probably no. :-\ Doesn't strike me as a compelling situation to start a new arc at all.

Bomber D Rufi
June 28, 2013, 06:32 AM
I've always said that Togashi views this manga as a hobby rather than a job. That's exactly why we get this sort of release speed. You always do your best work when you enjoy what you do and have a drive to do it. Sadly as long as Togashi sells as well as he does he has no incentive to think of this as anything more than a hobby in which he gets paid for. Granted HXH is a great manga and it may very well be because he takes his time with developing it, but that's not really much to write home about. There are great manga out there that are released regularly.

That being said I guess since the new arc is starting from scratch, he's got to develop more ideas opposed to the ants arc where he was only continuing a story rather than beginning a new one.

naruto-niichan
June 28, 2013, 09:49 AM
Reading Bombers statement reminds me of a little discussion I had with a remember regarding Hunter x Hunter. It was about if fans should still care about a manga when the author does not seem to care anymore.

Copy and paste for being lazy :arf

What I strongly disagree with: People should not care about a manga when the author doesn't seem to care anymore. For one point, saying a mangaka doesn't care anymore after going through several hiatuses is just wrong. Take minor examples like Kaitani (Liar Game) or Inoue (Vagabond). Would you say both don't care anymore because they've went on multiple hiatuses? Heck, Inoue even stopped serializing Vagabond for almost two years because he was "out of ideas" or something of the like, yet he picked the series up again. Obviously both won't be confronted with the criticism of being lazy as they had/have another series on their hands, but one could always argue that they don't/didn't care about the other series anymore. Bullshit in my opinion.

The prime examples probably are Miura (Berserk) and Togashi. Both have a strong standing, neither could be forced by the respective companies to continue their work. If they don't give a fuck for their series anymore, they could always end it abruptly. They have both the money and the fame, there's no reason to continue the series when they don't care about it. And yet they continue without being forced to. It's not like the story is complete bullshit either, both still have the qualities they're famous for. How could an author, who is just forcing himself to continue, come up with a good story? When you completely loose motivation, usually (near to) nothing good comes out of it.
I see it more as a part of wanting to enjoy their life's. It's not like they don't care anymore, other things are just more important. Now fans or non-fans can bitch about it all they want but it's only natural that you want to enjoy your life to it's fullest. There's a limit to what one wants to sacrifice for others. Like I said, that doesn't mean they don't care shit about fans or their series, just that at this point they see other things as more important.

Now the other point: You don't understand why people care about a series when the author doesn't seem to care about it anymore - how am I supposed to not care about a series I like/love? You can't just stop caring about a series you hold dear for a long, long time, even when it looks like the author doesn't care anymore (which I think, is a pretty unreasonable statement to make anyway). We barely know about their everyday life, yet we're so fast to make a judgement based on our own opinion or rumors. I wouldn't dare to say why an author ended a series or put it on a long hiatus as long as I don't hear a clear statement from his side or know him personally. I can assume things but that's it, so people should stop saying things like they're the authors best friend.

That pretty much sums up my opinion about the long hiatuses.

GalekC
April 06, 2014, 03:44 PM
It's an interview with Togashi and Oda of One Piece. There's not much information there, but I can translate it. Don't know where the original Japanese source is, though again it really doesn't say much. This happened before the Ant arc ended.
(Interview follows...)

Quite a sketchy post, Phantron...

REN KOUEN
April 06, 2014, 05:30 PM
I have said this before and ill say it again

togashi wants this manga to be the greatest shounen manga of all time

And if he requires more time to come up with new material im all for it

something tells me hes waiting for naruto and bleach to end so he can step in and keep jump on top right when they need him most

Antxon Kolokon
April 07, 2014, 07:33 AM
I have said this before and ill say it again

togashi wants this manga to be the greatest shounen manga of all time

And if he requires more time to come up with new material im all for it

something tells me hes waiting for naruto and bleach to end so he can step in and keep jump on top right when they need him most

Nah, Jump's ok whitout HxH. There's Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Kuroko, Souma...
HxH does well only in the tank sales. So there's no relation with Naruto or Bleach.
I'm sure HxH will resume before either of those two are over.

nfinitfx
April 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
Maybe this is a Rank A mission for all Hunter X hunter fans.

Togashi wants YOU to convince him to start drawing again!