PDA

View Full Version : THE NEW WORLD!!!!!!!

mugen
November 22, 2006, 04:43 PM
Anyways I was watching One Piece and something occured to me what really is the New World? Is it where the second and Last part of One Piece will conclude? How is it different from the first half of the Grand Line besides the techonology. ;)
Will The strawhats get their last two members there? :noworry

Anyways please tell me what you think. :amuse

Freakzin
November 22, 2006, 05:39 PM
Is it where the second and Last part of One Piece will conclude?

probably not, i think they will fight WG after they find One piece, so its not the last part

alps
November 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
since its called 'new world" then there are all things are new for the pirates who enter in there.....
maybe the atmospher,weather,island,people,full of strong pirates..etc

i think crew gathering is only in first half of grand line..
when SH entered new world...they are all ready for the war...

mugen
November 22, 2006, 05:53 PM
Is it where the second and Last part of One Piece will conclude?
probably not, i think they will fight WG after they find One piece, so its not the last part

Maybe that way he'll fight them as Kaizoko and knowing the true history of the void century.[br]Posted on: November 22, 2006, 05:45:00 PM_________________________________________________

i think crew gathering is only in first half of grand line..
when SH entered new world...they are all ready for the war...

yes they will go to the New world with bountes not all of them have big ones but bounties nontheless
and why you think they won't get anymore new crew members Luffy did say theywould have 10 even though I gave no evidense the Strawhats will have 10 but I assue that.

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 06:22 PM
Maybe that way he'll fight them as Kaizoko and knowing the true history of the void century.

WTF are you talking about? No one said anything about the Void Century.

[br]_________________________________________________

The reason it's probably called the 'New World' is becuse it's mostly unexplored and undiscovered. It's an obious reference to actual pirate and privateer times.

mugen
November 22, 2006, 06:47 PM
WTF are you talking about? No one said anything about the Void Century.
The reason it's probably called the 'New World' is becuse it's mostly unexplored and undiscovered. It's an obious reference to actual pirate and privateer times.

stupid how can it be unexplored when the Marines already have their headquaters there :p
Also supposedly Gol took the Rio Poneglyph with him to Raftel so if Luffy gets One Piece he'll get the rio as well which cotains info on the void century. :noworry

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 08:36 PM
Also supposedly Gol took the Rio Poneglyph with him to Raftel so if Luffy gets One Piece he'll get the rio as well which cotains info on the void century. :noworry

You should have said that in the first place..

stupid how can it be unexplored when the Marines already have their headquaters there :p

The different counties had bases all over the Caribbean in the actual 'Great age of pirates' but most of the sea was unexplored. Guess what it was called.; "THE NEW WORLD!" :o
You spelled headquarters and contains wrong btw.

infyquest
November 22, 2006, 08:57 PM
yes the same the carribean and the discovery of the america by columbus.
then the america is called as new world by the spanish.
(I think, does anybody remember the history lessons)

Liqiud
November 22, 2006, 09:16 PM
The "New World" was a name all Europeans shared for the Americas (South, Central, and North America) and the seas around them..

Darkheart608608
November 22, 2006, 10:02 PM
yes, back then they are not divide into North America, Central America, or South America. Back then they are just a one big continent called "The New World" by the Spanish, then the French, and later the English also adopted this term. They all called the new continent as "The New World". The land later on (after all the exploration was done) divided to regions and renamed to North, Central, and South Americas that we now have.

Yes, there is a lot of people in that second part of Grand Line or "The New World" as they called it. However, the land and island are not yet 100% has been explored especial no one except Roger found Raftel yet. But i don't think that 100% why they called this second part of GL as "The New World". I think there is one more factor that contribute to this name that is the gathering of people (both private, traver, goverment officer), who has the power to change the world to bring the world to the New Age, that we sometime heard in One Piece (Dragon, Lofulamingo, Black Beard, Shanks, Coby say about the New Age).

One more interesting about One piece that i notice, "If you use the One piece world, or at least the area that SH crew travel, and fix it to our world map, you will find a lot of place that match with each other. If you do this i believe you will find the final location of Raftel in our world map. any guess on where is that "Raftel" in our world map will be? The answer is nothing new, but it may surprise you. Let's take a guess and i will tell you later on after all of your guess finish. I want to see how many of you will say the same think with what i have in mind. But please remember, it is just my guess, i could be incorrect, too.

Liqiud
November 23, 2006, 09:24 AM
Eh, finally someone with some sense. One thing though. The characters you stated mentioning a new age, where all mentioning different ideals. Dragon's ideals on a "New Era" refer to the destruction of the WG and his son's completion of his 'destiny'. Doflamingo's ideals on a "New era" is the death of the age of dreams. BB's ideals on the "New Era" are referring to his rise to power and the continuation of the age of dreams. Shanks' "Rampaging Era" refers to a great chain of events that are going to shake the world and shift the balance of power. And I believe Coby shares some mentality of Dragon and Shanks of sorts; He believes Luffy will conquer the "New World" and become pirate king, one of the change of events that Shanks was talking about.

jeffhmwong
November 24, 2006, 03:14 AM
this is a place for discussion....stop calling each other stupid or idiots..!!

mugen
November 24, 2006, 09:31 AM
since you all seem to agree on taking it LITERALLY :noworry
is there a Christopher Colombus in One Piece :oh

Jooki
November 24, 2006, 09:40 AM
Christopher Columbus would be Gold Roger

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 09:48 AM
this is a place for discussion....stop calling each other stupid or idiots..!!

wtf are you talking about...

since you all seem to agree on taking it LITERALLY :noworry
is there a Christopher Colombus in One Piece :oh

We are not taking it LITERALLY We are saying Oda roughly based OP on the actual 'Great Age of Pirates' (Which is true); and making assumptions based on that mentality.

Actually, if you think about it(other than the obvious pirate thing). Yeah, he could be loosely based on Columbus.

mugen
November 24, 2006, 09:23 PM

No don't compare Gol to that guy even though Gol's fiction
Also the New world in One Piece is not Unexplored the F****g Marines have their HQ there so how can it be unexplored It's called the New World for it's advancement in Technology for being different than the first half in which it is more advanced in others ways as well

Liqiud
November 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
Eh, I'll come out and say it clearly, your completely wrong... I'm sure Oda has done ALOT research on the real "Great Age of Pirates." When pirates and privateers were exploring and looting the Caribbean the land beyond it was called the "New Word." Their is no way in hell Oda would call the ladder half of the Grand Line the "New World" without referring to that. ANYONE who doesn't catch the obvious reference is about as sharp as a hamster's ass.

:pwned

mugen
November 24, 2006, 10:26 PM
Eh, I'll come out and say it clearly, your completely wrong... I'm sure Oda has done ALOT research on the real "Great Age of Pirates." When pirates and privateers were exploring and looting the Caribbean the land beyond it was called the "New Word." Their is no way in hell Oda would call the ladder half of the Grand Line the "New World" without referring to that. ANYONE who doesn't catch the obvious reference is about as sharp as a hamster's ass.

:pwned

:p shit what proof do you have just cuz he's based some things of real things does'nt mean everything in One Piece is. If that were the casewould'nt everything ion One Piece be predictable :fry

you give me some solid proof since you say you're right
:Gaipose

Liqiud
November 25, 2006, 04:11 PM
We'll have solid proof when the StrawHats travel to the ladder half of the Grand Line and my theory is right.

Galth
November 25, 2006, 04:26 PM
Arright, place nice, boys, everyone is entitled to his or her theories, but you don't call eachother names because they're different to yours, now get back on the subject :notrust

SandMan
November 26, 2006, 01:22 AM
I hope Luffy DOES find more crewmates to complete the "10 man crew" he planned on having at the start of his journey. A mermaid as a strawhat doesn't sound too bad to me.

scarletcrimson
November 26, 2006, 02:45 AM
Man i vaguely remember luffy saying he wants a 10 man crew, where was that again
besides that, if the new world is the second half of the grand line does that mean its beyond the giant gate and the calm belt(forgot the name of the gate) and is the gate the only way to get into the second half of the grand line, and is the merman island in the second half of the grand line
The marine HQ base is there, and so are the yonkou and so, i assume, are were most of the seven warlords are, so if thats the case then if once is gonna end itll probably be there after he gets to ratflel which is also there, btw where is the world government HQ located, probably there with everything else

if so many things are there i don't think the new world is unexplored, its just probably that the only people that are strong enough to enter there stay there because they know thats the place where they can achieve their goals, i also think Dragon and the rebellion are there

SandMan
November 26, 2006, 03:17 AM
Man i vaguely remember luffy saying he wants a 10 man crew, where was that again

If I'm not mistaken, it was in the very first chapter.

It does seem that the new world is the latter half of Grand Line, whether it is vaster than the first half remains to be seen.

I also agree with scarletcrimson saying that the new world is not unexplored. I would consider it as the area of the sea where only the REALLY REALLY strong can survive. But of course, only Oda knows for sure.

Freakzin
November 26, 2006, 10:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Freakzin/semttulobb.jpg
i think the new world is the other half of the grand line

mugen
November 26, 2006, 10:13 AM
besides that, if the new world is the second half of the grand line does that mean its beyond the giant gate and the calm belt(forgot the name of the gate) and is the gate the only way to get into the second half of the grand line, and is the merman island in the second half of the grand line
The marine HQ base is there, and so are the yonkou and so, i assume, are were most of the seven warlords are, so if thats the case then if once is gonna end itll probably be there after he gets to ratflel which is also there, btw where is the world government HQ located, probably there with everything else

if so many things are there i don't think the new world is unexplored, its just probably that the only people that are strong enough to enter there stay there because they know thats the place where they can achieve their goals, i also think Dragon and the rebellion are there

Exactly everything you said is true
So in a way I think that there might also have to be a special way of entering it or I could be wrong.
BUt when are they going to get there after the Merman Island saga?[br]Posted on: November 26, 2006, 10:11:54 AM_________________________________________________And yes FReakzin the second half is the New World

ketwaroo
November 26, 2006, 11:04 AM
hmm

*leaps blindly into the discussion*

http://nbnakama.com/ext_img/raftel.png

... one question that always bugged me is.. where exactly is the end of the Grand Line?

well back on topic then.. my 2 cents:

"Shin Sekai", The New World.

The name may indeed show that it is the least explored ocean in the One Piece world. before Begabanks' invention(and i remind you that only marines use it at this point) the only way to explore the Grand Line is to enter via Reverse Mountain.

To explore the New world, you'd have to go the WHOLE first half and then possibly up a second reverse mountain. Most Crews and most ships wouldn't be able to endure that.

Since people like Montblanc Norland are quite rare in the current pirate age, the New world must be mostly unexplored.

And since it is the sea where the One Piece is hidden only the most powerful pirates venture there. and equally powerful marine forces must hunt them there..

scarletcrimson
November 27, 2006, 03:35 AM
yes but is the red line just another huge landmass where (i guess another reverse mountain) is or is it something else altogether, and what of the huge gate and the calm belt are they just another area on the first half of the grand line or are they on the second, there is still much to be revealed i hope after they get through merman island we get more answers

there is a pattern isnt there, i mean its like this
-luffy crew beats island(beats evil pirate/marine w/e and claims nakama maybe)
-something about OP universe is revealed piece by piece by either someone telling them or we see clip of some meeting between other main characters at some undisclosed location
- i assume if he gets to merman island hell meet jimbei and he will be evil guy to beat but each time they reveal something it seems to leave more questions than answers does anyone feel the same

Jooki
November 27, 2006, 04:01 AM
yeah maybe the op world isn't round ;D

ketwaroo
November 27, 2006, 05:52 AM
nah, there was a map like the one i drew somehwere in the manga.

the Red Line is a continent that circled the entire world. and the Grand Line perpendicular to it.

the two put together divide the oceans into East, North, West and South Blue. The One piece world is round.
but Gol D Roger is not Columbus. The pirate king can't be compared to a lost trader who corrupted a western continent with european culture and diseases.

but it would be strange, right? that Raftel was on the otherside of the first Reverse Mountain...

scarletcrimson
November 28, 2006, 05:24 AM
haha yes right on the other side of the second reverse mountain hmm, maybe thats how they get back home to east blue lol

Liqiud
November 28, 2006, 10:42 AM
yes but is the red line just another huge landmass where (i guess another reverse mountain)

The Red Line is a vast continent that circles the globe from north to south and functions as a Prime Meridian. These two Lines divide the two oceans of the world into four seas or Blues: North Blue, East Blue, West Blue, and South Blue. The Grand Line can only be accessed at two points on the Red Line: Reverse Mountain and the Holy Land of Mariejoa. The first is where the four major currents of the Blues merge together to form the Grand Line while the second is the site of the World Government.

A bit I pieced together courtesy of Wiki.

or is it something else altogether, and what of the huge gate and the calm belt are they just another area on the first half of the grand line or are they on the second, there is still much to be revealed i hope after they get through merman island we get more answers

The huge gate is called the Gate of Justice and leads to two places Impel Down(a maximum security prison that's underwater) and the Navy Headquarters.

scarletcrimson
November 28, 2006, 10:26 PM
hmm i didnt know about the holy land of mariejoa and that the world gov is there, well that makes sense i guess no pirates could get there,

so the gate of justice, impel down, and the marine hq are all the first half of the grand line then

if thats true then it puts things into perspective also using that drawing earlier by ketwaroo

but wait doesnt that mean that technically reverse mountain was a piece of the red line and the only way to pass through to get to the second half of grand line would be to pass through the holy land, and wat i said before was true that raftel would be just on the other side of the reverse mountain but impossible to get to unless you go all the way around through the grand line

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 01:41 AM
Impel Down's at the other side of the gate as well as Navy HQ so they're in the second half. And yeah, it's been stated somewhere that Raftel was on the other side of reverse mountain..

otaclub_87
November 29, 2006, 10:41 AM
is new era is mentioned by bellamy in Jaya Island 2???

one more??? i dun believe sh crew just only consist of 10 people...

Liqiud
November 29, 2006, 11:02 AM
Dude, what... the... hell are you talking about?, that was more random than my peanut comments..

SandMan
November 29, 2006, 10:58 PM
is new era is mentioned by bellamy in Jaya Island 2???

one more??? i dun believe sh crew just only consist of 10 people...

Rite now they have less...8 if you include Franky.

infyquest
November 29, 2006, 11:02 PM
two more to go..........
I guess one more will join the crew on mermen island

scarletcrimson
November 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
hmm they have a captain; sniper; navigator; doctor; a swordsman; a chef; a historian; and a shipbuilder; i guess they just need a helsman or something maybe another long range fighter or something, someone who like shoots water lol

Freakzin
November 30, 2006, 01:10 AM
u're forgetin a singer, hellow mermaid ^^

infyquest
November 30, 2006, 01:16 AM
I think we are getting offtopic

scarletcrimson
November 30, 2006, 01:19 AM
off topic yes but he could be right on the money luffy always wanted a musician and what better than a mermaid from merman island awesome

back on topic: so then the justice gate cuts off one area of the grand line from the other right

Liqiud2
November 30, 2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it's used by the Navy so they don't have to deal with the 'Red Line' bullshit.

infyquest
November 30, 2006, 02:10 PM
what Liquid, got your original id banned.
hehehe.
Well The direct path WG takes.
and the other way through red line is through marie joe, marine HQ.

otaclub_87
December 02, 2006, 10:33 AM
i dun really understand about this geography things...can someone explain...pardon my stupidity...=p

Mugiwara_no_Jack
December 02, 2006, 10:54 AM
The Grand Line is something like our equator.
In an angle of 90 degree to the GL there is the continent Red Line.

Because of the GL and RL you have four seas which are named:
East Blue, South Blue, West Blue and North Blue.

I think that's the easiest way to describe it (if my English was better, it would be even easier to understand :D)

Freakzin
December 02, 2006, 05:35 PM
look at page 2 of this topic, the two pictures should clear it out

otaclub_87
December 03, 2006, 07:35 AM
i see...now i get it...
a few qs;
1.is luffy going to climb the second reverse mountain???

i think yes...since nami have eavesdropping when coby and luffy chatting...she shouls have some hint of how to pass it

2.so the raftel should be near the first reverse mountain??

according to the picture..yes...i am very sure that luffy are gonna reunited with Laboon.....cant wait to see that..

scarletcrimson
December 03, 2006, 08:53 PM
yep that's probably how they get back to regular seas but i mean that wont be for a long time, haha laboon forgot about him

Pevee
December 03, 2006, 10:12 PM
i don't think he would go back to the normal sea anytime soon.

xr3b0rn5inx
February 02, 2007, 09:29 AM
He has already reach so far and why would he wanna go back?He hasnt even reach One Piece yet...

mugen
February 02, 2007, 05:14 PM
is merman island in the new world?
mugen forgot..... :jbya

OP_overlord
February 02, 2007, 05:23 PM
do we know for sure that its a second reverse mt cause im thinking it could be the demon triangle and you can get off teh grand line anytime you just have to cross the calm belt but the stronger crews wouldnt care about that

mugen
March 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
do we know for sure that its a second reverse mt cause im thinking it could be the demon triangle and you can get off teh grand line anytime you just have to cross the calm belt but the stronger crews wouldnt care about that

yeah it's a second one anyways, I know for sure future mugiawaras will be from there and Luffy will meet with Ace there :noworry
at the Pirates Summit :p

OP_overlord
March 10, 2007, 11:27 PM
i could see that
its a good place for pirate summit (unless it is raftel the sumit of all power for pirates)

and with the new ship and teh big vent cannon they can fly over teh calm belt at anytime and get away and thelog pose will still be pointing to the next island in teh grand line

mugen
March 10, 2007, 11:31 PM
if it were that easy then anybody could do it but most likely it will be another Willy Wonka
type entrance. which I think is cool :noworry
anyways how far is the New World?

OP_overlord
March 10, 2007, 11:41 PM
teh same lenght look at the second page pic
the grand line is split in half with teh red line and that is where they are, at the begining of the new world, and raftel is all the way around where they started

how many islands have they been to?????? (in all)

mugen
March 10, 2007, 11:44 PM
well they have gone to like 6-7 excluding Skypeia

OP_overlord
March 10, 2007, 11:49 PM
i would think more than that but im not sure so ill agree with you

mugen
March 10, 2007, 11:52 PM
you are correct it's 8-9
unless I miscalculated one :p

Anti-panda
March 11, 2007, 09:11 PM
lets seee..

Whiskey peak
Drum island
Little garden
Alabasta
jaya-skypeia so thats only 1
long ring long island
water 7
enis lobby
and now Haunted island

thats it unless i forgot one.
anyways they have to cross the red line. A strip of land that divides the grand line in half. So there isn't currently any proof that there will be a another reverse mountain. And only one ship has made it all the way through the grandline and that is the Oro Jackson .. Gol's ship. So who knows how long it will take for the strawhats to transverse the whole grand line... and even then they have 3 other oceans and multiple different routes through the grand line to explore. Lets just say the possible future adventures for the mugiwara's are really open and have many more than i can count.

OP_overlord
March 15, 2007, 09:58 PM
yeah if that is the reality Nami's dream will never come true will the others just might
there is no way that she will see all the islands in the grand line.

Anti-panda
March 26, 2007, 02:07 PM
D: Where do you learn fishman karate? Please tell me.

O: At "Fishman Island". It's about halfway down the Grand Line. It'll probably come around sometime, so just take it easy.

Oda himself said it in a SbS so we now know about how far they are in the grand line. fishman island is about halfway through.

dfcarolinaguy
March 26, 2007, 06:20 PM
D: Where do you learn fishman karate? Please tell me.

O: At "Fishman Island". It's about halfway down the Grand Line. It'll probably come around sometime, so just take it easy.

Oda himself said it in a SbS so we now know about how far they are in the grand line. fishman island is about halfway through.

Wow their are only half way now lol. Well one piece is always interesting, so I better stop complaining.

OP_overlord
March 26, 2007, 10:30 PM
we kinda already knew that they are half way through since the second half of the grand line = the new world and they are about to enter that area, and they just crossed the red line and that is the dividing line of the grand line

but it is good to know that luffy is coming closer to his dreams and more strong enemies/allies

and does anyone else relize that Oda introduced two shichibukia with in like 30 chapter and luffy might have to fight both of them and thus make his bounty sky rocket

sushi
March 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
yeah...jimbei and moria

this is going to be more fun than enies lobbies. the new world suggests that there less WG but if there are any they will be very difficult to overcome.

OP_overlord
March 27, 2007, 09:36 PM
yeah less but stronger marines and pirate this is the new world cause only the strong survive in it this is going to get though for the SH and i cant wait to read it

mugen
March 27, 2007, 09:39 PM
I want mugiwaras to be in the new world already :scry
anyways I wonder how the Mugiwara's bounty will look like compared to the other bountis :noworry

Anti-panda
March 27, 2007, 09:40 PM
we kinda already knew that they are half way through since the second half of the grand line = the new world and they are about to enter that area, and they just crossed the red line and that is the dividing line of the grand line

but it is good to know that luffy is coming closer to his dreams and more strong enemies/allies

and does anyone else relize that Oda introduced two shichibukia with in like 30 chapter and luffy might have to fight both of them and thus make his bounty sky rocket

Luffy's bounty is already really really high ... I think it'll stay ... until he does something huge i mean if he's going to fight don quixote don flamingo ... I don't think they'll put his bounty too much higher since don flamingo's was 320 million when they made him a shinchibukai. So they'll have to do something even more astonishing than beating another shinchibukai to get it to raise much higher ... I mean he's already world class. He'll have to do something directly to the govt. Something worse than Enis lobby. A direct assault on a military base or the military HQ .. which coincedently I believe is located at the intersection of the redline and the grandline .... Would do the job. But simply beating someone below Vice admiral or admiral level probably wont raise luffy's bounty at all or too much.

OP_overlord
March 27, 2007, 10:00 PM
im not to sure about that luffy bounty is super high for the grand line but not for the new world only the stronest of the strong make it there so their bounties are prob double luffy's and i think that if luffy did beat another one or two shichibukai then his bounty would hae to increase especialy if he beats one thats has the same or higher bounty because remember that the bounty stops rising once you reach shichibukia status so it could have doubled since then like croc's would have.

i just wanna know what some of the strongest men in the worlds bounty's are like Shanks, WB, Mihawk, ...

Anti-panda
March 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
Even if you double croc's bounty ... It's still little over half of luffy's current bounty. We don't really have any sort of cap on the bounties so there's no real way to know how high they go. I just hope that it doesnt' get ridiculous. I'd like to see luffy reach the top and have a 1 billion dollar bounty when he becomes pirate king.

OP_overlord
March 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
yeah that would be goodbut i think it is alittle higher than that
we can guess that ace has a bounty of 400 million and thus his captin might have a bounty of 1 billion and he is not yet pirate king...

and what i was saying that if you doubled croc bounty to 160 million bounty if he was not a shichibukai and luffy beat him then his bounty would have been like 200 million but while the WG knew all this they still made his bounty lower than a man that he had beaten at 100 million so the same could be said for gekko his bounty could be around 500 million now and thus luffys could rise to that level.

Anti-panda
March 28, 2007, 11:15 PM
I get what your saying but Croc's bounty would have doubled due to his trying to overthrow the alabastian govt. and his covert organization.
Simply beating him up doesn't make you more of a threat to the govt than that shichibukai.
The world govt. Initally increased luffy's bounty because you can't have a pirate with only 30 million on his head beating one of only seven govt. sponsored Pirates. That would make the shinchibukai look really weak and defeat thier purpose of scaring both pirates and pirate wannabe's.
His second increase came with his attack on enis lobby and his direct defiance of the world govt. Obviously this showed that he was willing to stand up in direct defiance of the world govt. and openly oppose them. So his bounty sky rocketed over %300. So in other words each step in his increase of his bounty must be incrementally more dramatic. In other words simply beating a shinchibukai will not put him over the top. I think he'll have to do something that makes him a bigger threat to the world govt. itself. I think a all out assault on the marines base ... Which I assume is on the red line. Would do it.

Long story short being strong doesn't get you a higher bounty... being a threat to the world govt does.

sushi
March 30, 2007, 11:12 PM
if that is true than dragon's bounty should be over a million
the rate of bounty going right now is unstable so by the time luffy became the pirate king he is going to have more than a million. it is only half way through grandline anyway

being the strong is a threat to the WG doesn't is means that higher bounty??

Paz42
April 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
does anybody think that luffy will meet with dragon in the new world or will that be later on but i think dragons bountie has got to be larger then either WB or Shanks seeing as he wants to completly over throw the world govermant

OP_overlord
April 12, 2007, 10:10 PM
sushi i think you mean 1 billion but i get what your saying

and anti-panda i know that luffys bounty went up faster because he defied the WG but defeating a super strong gov representative should make your bounty go up too only if your bounty was lower then the shichibukia you defeat you know what i mean

Anti-panda
April 12, 2007, 10:32 PM
PaZ42 I don't think a meeting between luffy and Dragon will be coming anytime soon .. however it probably will happen before they exit the grand line.

OP_overlord : I see what your saying about defeating a govt representative but luffy's bounty is already really really high .. shinchibukai level even. I'm just saying we can't expect luffy's bounty to go up after every arc and every defeated badguy .. I think 300 million is scary enough and clearly displays his threat lvl towards the World Govt.
For Now anyway ...
I predict he'll have to defeat someone at Vice - admiral Level or higher to increase his bounty substantially.

OP_overlord
April 12, 2007, 10:42 PM
after his fight with gekko i dont want his bounty to double or anything like that but i think a few extra million wouldnt hurt like 350 million has a nice ring to it
and if he beat garo it should go to 450 and aokiji 550 and a full out attach on the WG HQ atleast 800 million would work with me

Kikuna992
April 14, 2007, 12:58 PM
Anti-panda, even if luffy did defeat a vice-admiral then i don't think that Luffy's bounty will rise because surely lucci is far stronger than one of them. This brings about the question, what rank cp9 members will have if they were in the navy? The scarface vice admiral seemed to have a lot of respect for him when he talks about lucci when he was 13.

Anti-panda
April 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
Anti-panda, even if luffy did defeat a vice-admiral then i don't think that Luffy's bounty will rise because surely lucci is far stronger than one of them. This brings about the question, what rank cp9 members will have if they were in the navy? The scarface vice admiral seemed to have a lot of respect for him when he talks about lucci when he was 13.

The admirals are the 3 world govt's greatest powers. Vice admirals are like really strong. Look at how strong Vice-Admiral Garp was ... and he refered to himself as weak ... compared to how he used to be. I imagine that vice-admirals are above and beyond captains and lieutenants in terms of battle power. Except the ones who serve as a strategist role, like the old woman who was present at the shinchibukai meeting.

OP_overlord
April 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
i agree with both of you so when luffy beat lucci who was really strong his bounty should have gone up because it was just like defeating a vice admiral (unless they factored that into the fact that he attacked ennies lobby but then his new bounty would seem to small to me )

Hiruma-Kun
March 15, 2008, 05:34 PM
In one piece whats the new world where shanks and whitebeard reside?

Akainu
March 15, 2008, 06:15 PM
hello hiruma,
the so called new world is the second part of the grandline, that follows after it crossed the redline.

Hiruma-Kun
March 15, 2008, 06:26 PM
Are the strawhats theri yet?

Rahan
March 15, 2008, 07:19 PM
Nope.
There are just in front of the Red Line, near the last island.

IgnorantSage
March 18, 2008, 05:21 AM
I'm not very familiar with OP geography (it really confuses me) but the Grand Line is the equivalent of our equator.

The strawhats are already in the Grand Line but the other half, the New World, which is dominated by the Yonkou has yet to be arrived at (as of chapter 492).

I hope that helped. If not, there are always other posters here at MH who are more familiar with OP geography and I'm sure they'd gladly help clear things up.

Freakzin
March 18, 2008, 09:01 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/51/04/ i never stopped to think which half is the one that is the first and the second. if you loock at the picture, it shows that both half of the Grandline one between east and south blue, and the other between north and west