PDA

View Full Version : Question Should Priscilla be considered an abyssal one even tho she has never been a number one

melvo 17
June 06, 2010, 09:37 PM
Well all abyssal ones were former number 1. Should the former number 2 priscilla be considered an abyssal one, She is stronger than the abyssal ones. In my opinion i think she should with her immense power

HegemonKhan
June 06, 2010, 10:14 PM
YES. Especially Priscilla, is clearly a rank 1, unless you want to consider her beyond a rank 1 as a rank A (Ace) or S (Super) or Z (Zero), hehe.

Abyssal One: an Awakened Being that was a rank 1 Claymore

Awakened Being: an Awakened rank 2-47 Claymore

The rank 1 Claymores:

01. Isley. no explanation needed.

02. Riful. no explanation needed.

03. Luciela. no explanation needed.

04. Rafaela. Rubel says she is a rank 1. He says that she's as powerful as Abyssal One Luciela. He also tells Clare+Jean to not try to fight Rafaela, as she's "special", a rank 1 Claymore. Rafaela is a younger sister to the Abyssal One Luciela. Sisters seem to be equal in power (see Alicia+Beth). Obviously, there can't be two rank 1's, so one of the sisters is given the rank 1 status and the other is given the rank 2 status, even though both are rank 1's.

(Rafaela could possibly have been actually beyond a rank 1 as well. We never really learn just how powerful she actually was)

05. Rosemary. no explanation needed.

06. Teresa. She's actually beyond a rank 1 in power.

07. Priscilla. She's actually beyond a rank 1 in power. Priscilla was more powerful then rank 2 Irene, thus that makes her a rank 1. But for some strange reason "traitor" Teresa kept the status of rank 1, and so Priscilla was given the rank 2 status instead (even as she was sent to execute Teresa), which also resulted in the demotions of Irene, Sophia, Noel, and Elda to the respective ranks of 3, 4, 5, and 6.

08. Alicia. no explanation needed.

09. Beth. She seemed equal to Alicia, and not an inferior/weaker sister. See my comments about Rafaela.

10. Miata. She has the power of a rank 1, however she's too childish, immature, and inexperienced to be given that responsibility yet, so she's just a rank 4, despite her rank 1 level power.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did the Organization never name more Abyssal Ones, then the original three (Isley, Riful, and Luciela) ?

1. Rafaela. She never Awakened.

2. Rosemary. The Organization did not know that she had Awakened, and Teresa never told them that Rosemary had. In fact, Teresa lied to Orsay, saying ~"Oh come on Orsay, if rank 1 Rosemary had Awakened into an Abyssal One, do you think that I'd be talking to you right now, with only a little bit of my cape/cloak torn?". Teresa the MONSTER. Orsay and the Organization never learned that teresa was indeed that powerful, so powerful that by releasing a mere 10% yoki, that Teresa had obliterated Awakened Abyssal One rank 1 Rosemary in a single attack instantly. In fact, not even after Teresa's death did they learn how powerful Teresa was. Priscilla was an Awakened now, so they got no report from her of Teresa's real-actual power. Irene was thought dead and deserted, so she never reported to the Organization of Teresa's real-actual power. Sophia and Noel were killed, so they couldn't report to the Organization of Teresa's real-actual power. The only one was little human child Clare, but she probably didn't understand about any of this, even if the Organization had thought of actually asking her about Teresa.

3. Alicia. She hadn't "permentently" Awakened, due to the Soul Link protecting her. Alicia's Awakening was like a "temporary" Awakening. When Alicia actually had Awakened, Priscilla had immediately killed her, so the Organization didn't know.

4. Beth. When Beth actually had Awakened, Priscilla had immediately killed her, so the Organization didn't know.

5. Miata. She hasn't Awakened yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

How did the Organization learn that Irene was actually alive (having survived Awakened Priscilla), anyways?

LOL

evil_kenshin
June 06, 2010, 10:58 PM
No, the definition of Abyssal one is a number 1 who awakened.

Prisicilla was number 2 when she awakened so it doesn't matter how strong she is she shouldn't be called an Abyssal one.

only 4 Abyssal ones existed Isley, Riful, Lucelia and Alica (she awoke to help her sister)

Lagun
June 06, 2010, 11:52 PM
I don't think she should be considered an abyssal one.It has nothing to do with ranks, it's just that she is a lot more powerful and seems to have diferent objectives(I don't think she interested in territories).It's hard to generalize her as abyssal one.she is special.

P.S.

How did the Organization learn that Irene was actually alive (having survived Awakened Priscilla), anyways?

LOL

Because she started using her powers, so they could track her.

THM Nindo
June 07, 2010, 12:24 AM
I hope it will be explain someday how she got that strong...
I mean... she wasn't that strong as a Claymore, and suddenly, she awake and she become the strongest being of the entire world...

Why?!

HegemonKhan
June 07, 2010, 01:46 AM
"Because she started using her powers, so they could track her." -Lagun

Rafaela was already on mission to find and kill Irene before Irene released her yoki to save Clare from dying to Ophelia, and then to train Clare in the Quick Sword.

How did the Organization know that Irene indeed wasn't killed by Awakened Priscilla, and thus sent Rafaela to try to hunt her down and kill her?

(Yes, Irene's body was missing, but Priscilla could have eaten it, human child Clare could have buried it as well, animals could have eaten it or moved it to their home or hidden it to eat it later, or whatever for all the Organization would know. To send one of their 3 most powerful warriors, Rafaela, to search for a possible surviving Irene merely because her body was missing, seems a bit absurd-extreme-preposterous to me)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope it will be explain someday how she got that strong...
I mean... she wasn't that strong as a Claymore, and suddenly, she awake and she become the strongest being of the entire world... Why?!" -THM

well, Claymore Priscilla, was more powerful then even Irene (according to Irene herself). So, Priscilla was in fact very powerful.

I think the problem with ALL of them (Irene, Sophia, Noel, and Priscilla) in terms of this image perception people get, is that they were SO powerful, that they could fight "conventionally". No using yoma powers or anything (except for Irene's Quick Sword).

Because, none of them fought beyond "conventionally", we mistakingly think that they weren't very powerful, when in fact the opposite is true:

A weak Claymore has to use "non-conventional" fighting (high yoki release and yoma powers) just to become somewhat strong/powerful.

A strong Claymore is so powerful, that they rarely if ever (Teresa as the ultimate example) need to use any "exceptional, non-conventional" yoma powers nor a high yoki release.

Unfortunately, this gives us the WRONG impression that they are weak.

here's some of the "boring" (conventional) fighting, but very powerful, Claymore examples that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Teresa
2. Priscilla
3. Rafaela
4. Irene (though she does use her Quick Sword)
5. Sophia
6. Noel
7. Ophelia (yes, she has her "Rippling" Sword too, but Ophelia's real prowess was her strength, not her "icing on the cake" sword technique)

(now that I'm thinking about this, I think Ophelia actually had more offensive power then Galatea. I think Ophelia was at least in terms of offensively more powerful then Galatea. Though, there was Galatea's unique ability to enhance her power, and it was enough to finally cut Dauf. However, I'm wondering right now, if Ophelia could cut Dauf, and I am thinking that she could. Galatea did NOT have the strength to cut Dauf, until she used her unique ability to enhance her power. I'm now believing that Ophelia might have had the strength to cut Dauf. Ophelia did cut through and kill that single digit female AB in a single sword slice of hers. That's got to be some power)

gnut
June 07, 2010, 04:12 PM
i think she should because if rank has any thing to do with it, she would have been number 1 if she had cut down teresa.

Bowser
June 07, 2010, 05:06 PM
No, she's a cut above the Abyssal One, shes in her own league as Claymore's Broken Char. Woo.

extrememangalover
June 09, 2010, 01:59 AM
why shouldn't she? she is obviously the best of the bests so why not? and yet it isn't her full power(ex anime?)

evil_kenshin
June 09, 2010, 03:02 AM
why shouldn't she? she is obviously the best of the bests so why not? and yet it isn't her full power(ex anime?)

because the term abyssal one is a name assigned to number 1's who awaken. She never held the rank and power doesn't matter.

HegemonKhan
June 09, 2010, 03:42 AM
Irene was rank 2.

Priscilla was more powerful then Irene (according to Irene herself), thus that makes Priscilla a rank 1 (as there's only integer, no-decimal, rankings).

Though for some reason, even as a "traitor" and being hunted down for execution, the Org allowed Teresa to keep the rank 1 status, which meant giving Priscilla rank 2, which caused Irene to be demoted to rank 3, sophia to be demoted to rank 4, noel to be demoted to rank 5, and Elda to be demoted to rank 6.

Priscilla WAS/IS clearly a rank 1 Claymore. It really is not complicated.

and saying Awakened Priscilla was not a rank 1 Claymore, when she's far more powerful then the Abyssal Ones whom were rank 1 Claymore's, is completely irrational!

evil_kenshin
June 09, 2010, 03:51 AM
Irene was rank 2.

Priscilla was more powerful then Irene (according to Irene herself), thus that makes Priscilla a rank 1 (as there's only integer, no-decimal, rankings).

Though for some reason, even as a "traitor" and being hunted down for execution, the Org allowed Teresa to keep the rank 1 status, which meant giving Priscilla rank 2, which caused Irene to be demoted to rank 3, sophia to be demoted to rank 4, noel to be demoted to rank 5, and Elda to be demoted to rank 6.

Priscilla WAS/IS clearly a rank 1 Claymore. It really is not complicated.

and saying Awakened Priscilla was not a rank 1 Claymore, when she's far more powerful then the Abyssal Ones whom were rank 1 Claymore's, is completely irrational!

It doesn't matter if someone is as strong as a rank 1 it matters what the org ranks them at the time of their awakening.

Priscilla was rank 2 when she awakened thus she is not an AO

on the other hand when Alicia awoke permanently she was a number 1 thus she is an AO

Bowser
June 09, 2010, 11:17 AM
She doesn't really count in the organisations eyes - otherwise the organisation would've tried to hunt her down and two, she would've been referred to as an Abyssal One.

on the other hand when Alicia awoke permanently she was a number 1 thus she is an AO
No, she died too early, so i doubt the organisation had time to stick that name on her. I'd say anyone characters dubbed as Abyssal One should be fan-wised unless it was actually stated.

evil_kenshin
June 10, 2010, 12:46 AM
She doesn't really count in the organisations eyes - otherwise the organisation would've tried to hunt her down and two, she would've been referred to as an Abyssal One.

At the time of her awakening the org weren't hunting awakened ones (unless requested by a town) though we know from Clare (talking to Illena) that there are records of the incident which she had read.

By the time they began active hunting of AB's they had no idea where she was or that she was with Isley

but yea she's not an AO in anyone's eyes in claymore

HegemonKhan
June 10, 2010, 02:43 AM
Also, Priscilla was simply too powerful. The Org knew full well that they had no means of fighting her, so they didn't try to. All they could do is pray that Priscilla wouldn't attack them.

chapter 25 pages 12-19:

Rubel explains this to us, via Clare's chat with him about Priscilla.

purearab318
June 29, 2010, 06:08 AM
alicia is beyond an abysal similar to raphaela/luciela. they are much much more....

the following are the abyssals to ever exist.. shame theresa didnt awaken

rosemary - was no. 1 before theresa (killed by theresa of the faint smile)
luciela - killed by raphaela (reborn as raphaela/luciela combined destroyer
isley - killed by abyss feeders
riful - killed by priscilla
alicia and beth - fed on and killed by priscilla

any spoiler yet for 105?

The_kid
July 30, 2010, 06:00 PM
priscilla is beyond a abbysal one...
merged being is the same...
teresa held two times to four times, the power a abyss creature held....
she cut rosemary within a half second into pieces...
without much of a effort...
xd

sorostaran
August 06, 2010, 11:50 PM
Isley, Riful, and Luciela are the Abyssal Ones.

Why would anybody, let alone the Organization, add Priscilla to the list of Abyssal Ones? Priscilla neither is similar in power to the other Abyssal Ones nor has held the same #1 rank in the Organization as the other Abyssal Ones have.

HegemonKhan
August 07, 2010, 12:31 AM
at that time, there were only 3 Abyssal Ones, only 3 rank 1 Claymores to have Awakened, whom were Isley, Riful, and Luciela.

However, after Luciela, unknown to the Organization, their next rank 1, Rosemary, had Awakened as well, making her the 4th Abyssal One, but she was a very brief Abyssal One anyways, as Teresa pwned her with no yoki release, but wanted the practice, fun, and to "rub it in to Rosemary that she wasn't even close to rivalling her-Teresa" so Teresa released 10% yoki, even though she clearly didn't need to do so.

this makes 4 rank 1 Claymores whom have Awakened, 4 Abyssal Ones.

Then we have Priscilla. Now for some reason, traitor Teresa kept the rank 1 position, which I can't understand, which meant that they gave Priscilla the "rank 2" position. However, clearly Priscilla was the new rank 1 to replace Teresa (as she far exceeded rank 2 Irene, as well as everyone else she'd fight or be superior to in the future like Rigardo, Isley, Beth, Alicia+Beth, Riful+Dauf, Dauf, Clare, Deneve+Helen, and the Destroyer) and Priscilla certainly was a rank 1 (duh, lol). Well, as we know rank 1 Priscilla Awakened after killing Teresa, becoming the 5th rank 1 Claymore to Awaken, the 5th Abyssal One.

Now why didn't the Org classify Priscillas as the "4th" (since they didn't know about Rosemary's Awakening) Abyssal One ?

well, my understanding is that they classified/censored the entire Teresa Era from Clare's and Clarice's Eras. Only a few Claymores from Clare's Era knew about Teresa's Era, and that was from "snooping" around the Organization. So naturally, they aren't going to call/classify Priscilla as a 4th Abyssal One, as they at least don't want to panick Clare's (and Clarice's) Eras' Claymores....

----------------------------

according to Rubel, Rafaela is at least as powerful as Luciela is, making Rafaela also a rank 1 Claymore. However Rafaela never awakens (the Destroyer is its own unique entity, as an awakening of a merged being of a Claymore's and an Abyssal One's bodies), so she never becomes an Abyssal One.

Also, according to Rimuto, Miata *IS* a rank 1, and was only put at rank 4 due to her "issues", and obviously that the rank 1 position was already filled by Alicia. Miata has not yet Awakened, so she's not an Abyssal One yet.

lastly, based on Rubel saying that Rafaela had at least equal power to Luciela, I'm going to assume that all sisters, and especially twin sisters, are equal in power. So, Beth is probably equal in power to Alicia (and it does seem to be the case), making Beth a rank 1 like Alicia was. Obviously, they can't have two rank 1's, so they simply put Beth in the rank 2 spot.

Now Alicia and Beth both officially Awakened (aka no longer under control via the Soul Link), which would make them both officially Awakened rank 1's, both officially Abyssal Ones. However, just like with Rosemary, their time as Abyssal Ones, was very short due to Priscilla. Also, like Rosemary, the Organization never learned that Alicia+Beth officially awakened, heck they don't even know that Alicia+Beth are dead, yet.

--------------------------------------------------------

rank 1's:

Isley, Riful, Luciela, Rafaela (according to Rubel), Rosemary, Teresa, Priscilla, Alicia, Beth (applying Rubel's comment about Rafaela), and Miata (according to Rimuto).

Awakened rank 1's (Abyssal Ones):

Isley, Riful, Luciela, Rosemary (unknown by Org and brief anyways), Priscilla (known by the Org but we can only speculate why she hasn't been called/classifed as an Abyssal One), and Alicia+Beth (unknown by Org and brief anyways).

(if you want to count the Destroyer and count the Destroyer as being Rafaela, then count "Rafaela" as an Abyssal One)

sorostaran
August 07, 2010, 02:29 AM
at that time, there were only 3 Abyssal Ones, only 3 rank 1 Claymores to have Awakened, whom were Isley, Riful, and Luciela.

However, after Luciela, unknown to the Organization, their next rank 1, Rosemary, had Awakened as well, making her the 4th Abyssal One, but she was a very brief Abyssal One anyways, as Teresa pwned her with no yoki release, but wanted the practice, fun, and to "rub it in to Rosemary that she wasn't even close to rivalling her-Teresa" so Teresa released 10% yoki, even though she clearly didn't need to do so.

this makes 4 rank 1 Claymores whom have Awakened, 4 Abyssal Ones.

Then we have Priscilla. Now for some reason, traitor Teresa kept the rank 1 position, which I can't understand, which meant that they gave Priscilla the "rank 2" position. However, clearly Priscilla was the new rank 1 to replace Teresa (as she far exceeded rank 2 Irene, as well as everyone else she'd fight or be superior to in the future like Rigardo, Isley, Beth, Alicia+Beth, Riful+Dauf, Dauf, Clare, Deneve+Helen, and the Destroyer) and Priscilla certainly was a rank 1 (duh, lol). Well, as we know rank 1 Priscilla Awakened after killing Teresa, becoming the 5th rank 1 Claymore to Awaken, the 5th Abyssal One.

Now why didn't the Org classify Priscillas as the "4th" (since they didn't know about Rosemary's Awakening) Abyssal One ?

well, my understanding is that they classified/censored the entire Teresa Era from Clare's and Clarice's Eras. Only a few Claymores from Clare's Era knew about Teresa's Era, and that was from "snooping" around the Organization. So naturally, they aren't going to call/classify Priscilla as a 4th Abyssal One, as they at least don't want to panick Clare's (and Clarice's) Eras' Claymores....

----------------------------

according to Rubel, Rafaela is at least as powerful as Luciela is, making Rafaela also a rank 1 Claymore. However Rafaela never awakens (the Destroyer is its own unique entity, as an awakening of a merged being of a Claymore's and an Abyssal One's bodies), so she never becomes an Abyssal One.

Also, according to Rimuto, Miata *IS* a rank 1, and was only put at rank 4 due to her "issues", and obviously that the rank 1 position was already filled by Alicia. Miata has not yet Awakened, so she's not an Abyssal One yet.

lastly, based on Rubel saying that Rafaela had at least equal power to Luciela, I'm going to assume that all sisters, and especially twin sisters, are equal in power. So, Beth is probably equal in power to Alicia (and it does seem to be the case), making Beth a rank 1 like Alicia was. Obviously, they can't have two rank 1's, so they simply put Beth in the rank 2 spot.

Now Alicia and Beth both officially Awakened (aka no longer under control via the Soul Link), which would make them both officially Awakened rank 1's, both officially Abyssal Ones. However, just like with Rosemary, their time as Abyssal Ones, was very short due to Priscilla. Also, like Rosemary, the Organization never learned that Alicia+Beth officially awakened, heck they don't even know that Alicia+Beth are dead, yet.

From the way the term is used in the manga, it is likely that the Organization simply refers to Isley, Riful, and Luciela collectively as The Abyssal Ones. The association was likely motivated by their near equivalence in influence and strength. Had another similar AB arose, the Organization might have been motivated to add her to the list in due time if she became a near equivalent to Isley, Riful, and Luciela (especially if she took over a dead Abyssal One's territory).

In this case, Alicia, Beth, and possibly Rosemary could have eventually been considered an Abyssal One had they survived. Priscilla couldn't, not being on the same power level as the other Abyssal Ones.

Of course, there is the unlikely event that the Organization doesn't care about strength as long as a formal #1 awakens. In this case, Alicia would be called an Abyssal One, Beth would not, and Rosemary might or might not (depending on whether being a formal #1 at the time of awakening matters). Since promotions don't automatically happen after the loss of a higher ranking claymore (either by desertion or death) until the Organization gets around to it, Priscilla doesn't qualify by this contrivance, either.

Priscilla is simply unlike the three ABs the Organization refers to as the Abyssal Ones in either strength or former ranking. I just don't see why the Organization is at all motivated to call Priscilla an Abyssal One.

- - -

Of course, apparently many people prefer to define an "Abyssal One" as an AB who is at least as strong as Isley, Riful, and Luciela. With that definition, it is stupid even to ask the question whether Priscilla is an Abyssal One, since the answer is blatantly obvious.

HegemonKhan
August 07, 2010, 02:49 AM
well, ranks are based quite accurately (have to give credit to the Organization here) on their power levels/supremacy.

my point is that: rank = power

However, as for whatever the reason, rank 1's aren't always given the rank 1 position, even though they are rank 1's, such as Miata, Priscilla (unless you wanna define her as a rank "S" which would make her a "Super Abyssal One" lol), Rafaela, and Beth. Not to mention Clare and the other HAs and Ghosts, being far more powerful then their given ranks as well due to this (being HAs and/or Ghosts, and in Clare's case, also having Teresa's flesh and/or being only 1/4 yoma from it) specialness of them

about Rosemary: and a demotion in rank, doesn't magically make them weaker... lol. that's really absurd! Rosemary was and is a rank 1, being demoted to rank 2 (especially simply because a more powerful rank 1 or rank "S", Teresa, came along and thus was given rank 1 over Rosemary) doesn't demote her power level too, lol.

also about rosemary: we don't know her power level. for all we know Rosemary could have been even more powerful then Isley or she could be the weakest of the rank 1's as well. we just don't know, unforunately.

ALL of the rank 1's (isley, Riful, Luciela, maybe Rafaela, Rosemary, Alicia, Beth, and maybe Miata), except the rank "S" 's Teresa and Priscilla (and maybe Rafaela and Miata, hehe), are roughly equal to each other.

Though, there's of course the more "nit-picky" debates among them, such as among the "unholy trinity" Abyssal Ones (Riful vs Isley vs Luciela) as to which is the most and least powerful out of them.

-----------------------------------------------------

also, you should note that there *IS* "just a little bit of some censorship" going on with the Organization... towards its own Claymores...

The Organization has reasons to keep the past events hidden from their newer Era of Claymores (and/or humans).... AND THEY DO THIS !!! So, this explains why they wouldn't call Priscilla an Abyssal One, as they don't want their Claymores to be interested in this Era and find out about what happened.... back then...

if you want a long list of examples/proofs, I can provide if need be....

sorostaran
August 07, 2010, 03:54 AM
well, ranks are based quite accurately (have to give credit to the Organization here) on their power levels/supremacy.

my point is that: rank = power

However, as for whatever the reason, rank 1's aren't always given the rank 1 position, even though they are rank 1's, such as Miata, Priscilla (unless you wanna define her as a rank "S" which would make her a "Super Abyssal One" lol), Rafaela, and Beth. Not to mention Clare and the other HAs and Ghosts, being far more powerful then their given ranks as well due to this (being HAs and/or Ghosts, and in Clare's case, also having Teresa's flesh and/or being only 1/4 yoma from it) specialness of them

about Rosemary: and a demotion in rank, doesn't magically make them weaker... lol. that's really absurd! Rosemary was and is a rank 1, being demoted to rank 2 (especially simply because a more powerful rank 1 or rank "S", Teresa, came along and thus was given rank 1 over Rosemary) doesn't demote her power level too, lol.

also about rosemary: we don't know her power level. for all we know Rosemary could have been even more powerful then Isley or she could be the weakest of the rank 1's as well. we just don't know, unforunately.

ALL of the rank 1's (isley, Riful, Luciela, maybe Rafaela, Rosemary, Alicia, Beth, and maybe Miata), except the rank "S" 's Teresa and Priscilla (and maybe Rafaela and Miata, hehe), are roughly equal to each other.

Though, there's of course the more "nit-picky" debates among them, such as among the "unholy trinity" Abyssal Ones (Riful vs Isley vs Luciela) as to which is the most and least powerful out of them.

-----------------------------------------------------

also, you should note that there *IS* "just a little bit of some censorship" going on with the Organization... towards its own Claymores...

The Organization has reasons to keep the past events hidden from their newer Era of Claymores (and/or humans).... AND THEY DO THIS !!! So, this explains why they wouldn't call Priscilla an Abyssal One, as they don't want their Claymores to be interested in this Era and find out about what happened.... back then...

if you want a long list of examples/proofs, I can provide if need be....

If you think about it, I have already covered your particular definition of an Abyssal One:

"Of course, apparently many people prefer to define an 'Abyssal One' as an AB who is at least as strong as Isley, Riful, and Luciela. With that definition, it is stupid even to ask the question whether Priscilla is an Abyssal One, since the answer is blatantly obvious."

When you say "rank = power" what you actually mean in this case is "rank 1 = power when awakened similar to or greater than that of Isley, Riful, or Luciela" regardless of what rank the Organization actually assigns them. By this definition, a very weak #1 claymore in a very weak generation will not be considered an Abyssal One.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this definition, but it's like I said, if this was the definition intended by the original poster, then whether Priscilla is an Abyssal One is a stupid question.

HegemonKhan
August 07, 2010, 04:27 AM
that's not quite what I said in my previous post, so let me try again with this post, lol.

I'll try to simplify/shorten/concise it:

1. a rank 1 is a rank 1, whatever the rank they are given

2. Abyssal One (AO) = an Awakened rank 1 Claymore

*Awakened Being (AB) = an Awakened rank 2-47 Claymore

3. ALL rank 1's are relatively equal to each other (excluding more "nit-picky" debating among them as to their ranking among each other) in terms of power/superiority (excluding the rank "S" 's ... rank 1's... Teresa and Priscilla)

of course we can each have our opinions, but I feel mine is quite sound, and haven't yet seen that being unproven. So, I'm sticking with my own assessment that priscilla is an abyssal one, or maybe more precisely, a super abyssal one. hehe.

of course, you or anyone else, can have your own views. this is just my own and very sound view.

-------------------------------------------------

you brought up something though, that I have another big peeve with...

"weaker generations"

Clarice's Era (or "generation" if you prefer) is *NOT* weaker then Clare's or any of the other Era's (or "generations")!

first, the biggest mistake i see people often making is comparing Clare's Era to Clarice's.

the reason they are making a mistake, is that they are comparing the special Claymores of Clare's Era to Clarice's Era.

the 5 HAs: Miria, Deneve, Helen, Clare, and Jean are special (non-normal) Claymores

the 7 Ghosts: Miria, Deneve, Helen, Clare, Cynthia, Tabatha, and Yuma are special (non-normal) Claymores

then there's Clare "the experiment", as she has Teresa's flesh and which also makes her only 1/4 yoma.

then there's the "blasts from the past" too: Irene and Rafaela.

Galatea and Ophelia are really the only "normal" Claymores whom were special "normally" (and Miria too, if she hadn't became a HA and a Ghost)

point being: Clare's Era had some very "abnormal" Claymores.

it is thus unfair and (embarrassing/foolish) of the people whom use THESE Claymores of Clare's Era to compare to Clarice's Era, and concluding that Clarice's Era of Claymores is weak... I mean the HA Claymores (Miria, Deneve, Helen, and Clare) are nearly at a rank 2 or even possibly a weak rank 1 in terms of power! So, of course THESE Claymores make most of Clarice's Era Claymores look weak!

---

if any Era is the most powerful... it is Teresa's Era... simply because of Rosemary, Irene, and especially Teresa and Priscilla, lol...

----

so anyways... i could go on and on....

in short, Clarice's Era is NOT weaker then any of the other Eras. All Eras as a whole (taking in the entire 47 Claymore force) are roughly equal to each other, barring the exceptions of Teresa+Priscilla in Teresa's Era and the special Claymores in Clare's Era

sorostaran
August 07, 2010, 07:07 AM
that's not quite what I said in my previous post, so let me try again with this post, lol.

I'll try to simplify/shorten/concise it:

1. a rank 1 is a rank 1, whatever the rank they are given

2. Abyssal One (AO) = an Awakened rank 1 Claymore

*Awakened Being (AB) = an Awakened rank 2-47 Claymore

3. ALL rank 1's are relatively equal to each other (excluding more "nit-picky" debating among them as to their ranking among each other) in terms of power/superiority (excluding the rank "S" 's ... rank 1's... Teresa and Priscilla)

of course we can each have our opinions, but I feel mine is quite sound, and haven't yet seen that being unproven. So, I'm sticking with my own assessment that priscilla is an abyssal one, or maybe more precisely, a super abyssal one. hehe.

of course, you or anyone else, can have your own views. this is just my own and very sound view.

Think about what you just said:

1) Your definition - Rank 1: By Rank 1 you mean somebody similar in power to unawakened Isley, Riful, Luciela, Alicia, Beth, and possibly Rosemary.
2) Your definition - Abyssal One: An awakened Rank 1 (or higher), which given your definition of Rank 1 above, is somebody similar in power to an awakened Isley, Riful, Luciela, Alicia, Beth, and possibly Rosemary (or higher).

It's like I said, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with your definition, and by your definition Priscilla is obviously an Abyssal One. Personally, I find it useful to be able to use sentences and phrases like...

"I think that Rosemary is on the same power level as the Abyssal Ones."
"Priscilla is clearly far beyond the Abyssal Ones."
"The wars between the Abyssal Ones"

...without demeaning the term with a definition that renders it no more than a minimum power requirement. I think it is more sensible for the Abyssal Ones to represent an era, not a minimum power requirement.

- - -

As far as a generation with a very weak "formal Rank 1" goes, Clarice's generation certainly does not qualify, since Alicia is a "normal power level" Rank 1, not a very weak "formal rank 1." We don't know of a weak generation with a very weak "formal Rank 1," but if it existed, she wouldn't be an Abyssal One by either your prefered definition of Abyssal One or mine.

HegemonKhan
August 07, 2010, 09:01 AM
just for fun-humor

ah, I can certainly make it easier, though it's in the form of "math symbols" instead of a sentence or phrase, lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------

rank 1's = Abyssal Ones (if they Awakened) =

in terms of power levels...

Isley ~= Riful ~= Luciela ~= Rafaela* ~= Rosemary ~= Alicia ~= Beth ~= Miata*

* means that in my own speculations and/or "fanboyism" they could actually be among the elite "class" of the rank "S" 's, along with Teresa and Priscilla.

---------

rank 1's but actually beyond rank 1's = rank "S" 's (S=super) =

at least Teresa and Priscilla are rank "S" 's, Rafaela and Miata is my own speculations and/or "fanboyism"

in terms of power levels...

(weaker < stronger)

Rafaela < Priscilla < Miata ~=Teresa

or

Priscilla < Rafaela < Miata ~=Teresa

or

Priscilla < Miata < Rafaela < Teresa

(i'm a huge fan of Miata and Rafaela, hehe)