PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Could 10% release of yoma power really be teresa's limit

melvo 17
June 07, 2010, 08:41 AM
hmm im thinkin ya.i think that could be her limit

denis
June 07, 2010, 11:19 AM
Its time to Clare to meet Rakki!!!!

gnut
June 07, 2010, 03:53 PM
i dont think so,irene said the more yoki released by a yoma the less teresa has to use.

HegemonKhan
June 10, 2010, 12:33 PM
against ALL (except one, Priscilla) of Teresa's opponents: Teresa requires no yoki release

Against 70-79% near-Awakened "Orcish" Priscilla: Teresa required 10% yoki release

Against 80% about-to-Awaken "Orcish" Priscilla: Teresa required more then 10% yoki release

All Claymores can release yoki from 0% (no yoki release) to 100%, and risk Awakening at 80% or more yoki release.

Awakeneds themselves can release yoki from X% to 100% as well.

Normal yomas, however seem to have a constant yoki amount. I don't recall them ever releasing more yoki.

What reasoning is there for Teresa to be any different?

gnut
September 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
sadly we will never know,but i still say like Hege that she can go 100%.but she can read yoki and move/strike by doing so;in turn means she doesn't have to use but 10% tops.look at priscilla,the more yoki she released the less teresa had to use.....

ophidial
October 16, 2010, 07:04 AM
If 10% was her limit, then it wouldn't be considered 10% =p

Wrath
October 16, 2010, 02:18 PM
With Teresa, people make the mistake of believing the early statement that her only strength was reading yoki and predicting attacks. It's an understandable mistake, but it's later disproved when she doesn't even need to go all out to handle the other single digits.

Of course she died because she didn't bother to go all out, and so fell to a surprisingly powerful attack before she could release enough yoki to match it.

She was perfectly capable of going beyond the 10% release. A full release of her yoki might even have made her the most powerful character of all.

Fê - forever alone
October 18, 2010, 08:47 PM
Teresa always fought releasing youki.

It's said that claymore's eyes change after 10% youki release, so they can fight with 9,9% without changing the eye collor. And we saw Teresa didn't care about erasing her youki while walking around with Clare. She did tried when noticed Irene and her group entering the city, therefore, we can say she used to fight releasing youki, at least a little percent of it.

And about the "orcish" Priscilla, lol - loved that - she may have released 29,9% rather than only 10%, but we'll never be sure of that, lol.

One thing I'm sure is that 10% is not Teresa's limit!

HegemonKhan
October 19, 2010, 01:03 PM
"she may have released 29,9% rather than only 10%, but we'll never be sure of that, lol." - Fe-forever alone

actually we know that Teresa was releasing EXACTLY 10% yoki, and NOT 10-29.999%

"chapter 23 page 11: Irene states that Teresa is using exactly 10% yoki release to just change her eyes to golden. Teresa is NOT using 10-30% yoki, but rather EXACTLY 10% yoki." -HK

(taken from my post in the Fantasy Fights thread, so if you want to read more about the Teresa vs Priscilla battle, you can look at that post too)

------------------------------------------

hey, Near Awakened Priscilla's face, DOES look like an orc's or pig-faced), lol.

Near Awakened Priscilla is one bad-bottom female orc, the male orcs in Warcraft game, don't even come close to her! muhahaha:D

(and, I'm lazy. it's faster to type Orcish Priscilla, than Near-Awakened Priscilla:P)

Fê - forever alone
October 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
"chapter 23 page 11: Irene states that Teresa is using exactly 10% yoki release to just change her eyes to golden. Teresa is NOT using 10-30% yoki, but rather EXACTLY 10% yoki." -HK

I can't fully agree with that. She says Teresa is using just enough youma power for her eye color to change, but we know that until 29,9% is enough for that. And Irene surely didn't know much about Teresa's power - nor the org. or anyone, lol - she missed things before, and could miss again this time.

Besides, this is a matter of interpretation. She never said with these words: " Teresa is using just 10% of her power". That's why I can't fully agree. I can't read japanese, but every translation I've read - portuguese, english, french, spanish, and some guys that claims to know japanese - said the same thing: Teresa was using enough power to make her eye change, and by that, we can't state only 10% because it could be more.

But I won't discuss that. If you think it's only 10%, ok. One thing I've learn about TeresaxPriscilla, we can't never be sure of those two abilities, lol. Every now and then will show up someone that thinks Priscilla is way stronger than Teresa and some other guy that thinks not.

I think it's a matter of interpretation, once until 29,9% it's only the eye color that changes and we can't be sure of exactly how much power was released. IMO, I really think that discuss is almost useless, lol.

But I really loved "Orcish", lol. She definitely looks like one, lol.

Ps.: I have an analysis about Priscilla's character, if you're interested, I think I could translate it into english. Would you be?

HegemonKhan
October 19, 2010, 08:02 PM
well, it is how we are reading the language used. I feel/interprete/understand the language one way and you another, obviously. And, I certainly don't want to get into a debate over langauge interpretation, as lawyers do, ughn!, so let's just leave it that we interprete language, and the Teresa vs Priscilla debate, differently, lol.

for me, the manga clearly shows/displays Teresa through the pics of the battle and dialogue ("text") lines that Teresa is superior, but of course there's others whom feel the same way in regards to Priscilla being superior, and for me, being a Teresa supporter, all the argument points I've seen in favor for Priscilla, just don't work/over-ride/are hollow comapred to the points for Teresa being superior, most especially 10% Teresa dominating ~74% Priscilla, haven't seen an argument yet that is able to counter this. And saying "oh, it's just because of Teresa's "PYS", "Pre-emptive Yoki Sensing" -someone else "coined" this, ability isn't good enough, I have reasons why I say this, but I'm not getting into them here.

-------------------------

P.S.

I'd certainly love to hear/read your Priscilla analysis, though either pm it to me, or if there's a Priscilla thread, post it there. Just not here though, as this thread isn't about Priscilla or the priscilla vs teresa debate.

Fê - forever alone
October 20, 2010, 07:24 PM
for me, the manga clearly shows/displays Teresa through the pics of the battle and dialogue ("text") lines that Teresa is superior, but of course there's others whom feel the same way in regards to Priscilla being superior...

With that I agree. It's too obvious that warrior Teresa is superior. But, I guess we have to consider that Priscilla was a youngster that time. She was almost a trainee in her first mission, inexperienced that had to kill the most stronger claymore ever!

Well, I think here is not the right thread to talk about this, lol.

-----------

Ok! I'll search for some Priscilla thread and post the analysis once it's translated! Thanks! ^^